Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

123inkjets Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

This company doesn't offer brand name products. So we tried it first. It leaked all over inside our printer. We called customer service asking for a full refund and pay for our damaged printer. This what they said "Mail back the defective inks and we will issue a full refund". I said what about my damaged printer? They hung up on me. I called several several asking to speak to a supervisor. Guess what happened again. They hung up on me. Stay far away from this company.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We have never had a problem with anything from this company. The toner cartridges have always worked well. The one time there was a problem with one of them, they immediately shipped a replacement and the replacement worked perfectly. We have always gotten the number of pages advertised for the cartridges and sometimes quite a bit more.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have purchased ink from the company before and have not had any problems. This time was different. When I got the ink and removed the tape on it the ink shot out all over my hands and shirt. Because I have never had any problems with this company I did not realize how bad their customer service was. I contacted them several times and never received any response from them. I will NEVER order from them again. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have purchased from them for several years. However my latest experience has determined that I never will again! Their website was fouled up and after much effort I finally was able to put in an order based upon my last order for the same previously ordered cartridges. They sent carts that looked the same, but when I tried to insert one my printer alerted me that it was a slightly different series and would not work.

I called the 123inkjets helpline and ELIA refused to help me out with the return. She stated I could not get a refund for the one "opened" cartridge and I could return the two others for a refund, but only at MY cost. And she refused to even send me a return label to put on the envelope! Obviously not worth the cost and hassle. Like I said, I have used them before and the quality and CSR used to be decent if not great. Maybe they have sold out to a different firm? All I know is the service has gone way downhill and I will never use them again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

They use chip technology to limit the number of your prints on a given cartridge whether it has ink or not. And they stop working at two years though they give a three year warranty. And that is not printed to find on the website, I found out on a "Chat." At least she was honest. I can't say I feel that way about 123inkjets. But she actually said approx., "we're 70% less than original HP cartridges." Not if you have bought their bulk package and your cartridges stop at 2 years and their website say they are good for 3 years. For the very money-grabbing dishonesty of this method, I'll go elsewhere and I've been buying from them for 15 years at least. Sadly, they won't do anything to change. How do I know that? You don't start a money-grabbing initiative and plan to stop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 123inkjets?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

123inkjets promotes a 100% satisfaction guarantee all over their website. The truth of the matter is they will not take back an opened packages even if they aren't used and make you pay for the cost to return.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a cartridge and it would not work in my printer. Not compatible. I contacted customer service and they sent a replacement right away. That's when my headache began. My order was sent across the United States from West Coast to East Coast. They said if I did not get it in a couple of days, they would rush another one to me and I could return the lost one once I got it. After 3 days, I guess they changed their mind and refused to send me another. After 5 days, I could wait no longer so I went to the store and bought one. Finally I did receive the lost order. Now I am stuck with an extra that I do not need. After all this headache I did find where I could have bought the same thing for less and without the headaches. With all the poor service, I can say goodbye to 123inkjets.

Original review: May 20, 2018

If you haven't held your cartridges up to the light before you open the package, I suggest you do. I ordered 6 separate cartridges and they were not all full. Some were barely half full. I had never thought of doing this before. I have been ordering since 2012. I have spent thousands with this company. This last order I was sent a different brand (NP-C-0042). This brand leaks and I had to have my printer serviced years ago because of this, so I only order LD CLI-42. This is what they picture on their website as well.

Spoke with Meghan who was not helpful and rude, then passed on to Lissette who claimed to be a manager. Lissette was just as rude and totally disengaged, she refused to give me a refund and would not confirm that they even carry the LD brand. She refused to send me a return shipping label as well. My bank stated that this is fraud and gave me provisional credit. They said to take photos of the product and report to BBB and Attorney General's Office. Chances are they have been doing this for years to all of their customers. They advertise 100% satisfaction. However they do everything but.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I placed an order on April 20th to Ontario, Canada. I received an email the same day saying the order was shipped, along with an estimated delivery date of Saturday, April 22nd. On April 22nd, I checked the tracking number which said the order was indeed delivered that day to a place called Simi Valley, California. This was odd to me so I contacted a representative on their Live Chat Help service who told me that the order was indeed shipped out and that the Simi Valley address was where my package was switched over from USPS to CanadaPost and that I could follow the tracking number on CanadaPost moving forward.

I waited patiently a while longer, and I believe it was Thursday, May 4 when I contacted a Live Chat rep again. I noticed a bit of attitude from this individual, but overall, that was fine by me. He told me that I actually could NOT track my package through CanadaPost but that it was on its way and should be there by the expected delivery date of Monday, May 8 which is the 12th business day after my order was placed. I asked him what my next step would be if the order was not in, and he said I could contact Customer Service again and they would see what they can do.

Tuesday, May 9th - still no order so I go on the Live Chat to inquire yet again. At the same time, I receive an email from this company stating that the order was NEVER DELIVERED due to INSUFFICIENT ADDRESS and that the order never even left California. No part of the address I provided was incomplete and I have received countless packages to my address from all over the world (Australia, Europe, Asia, United States...). The Live Chat agent wasn't all that helpful so I called the company myself and spoke with a woman named Lizette.

Lizette was friendly and pleasant to deal with, but she couldn't do anything to help me with this order. I then spoke with the manager Jessica, who was friendly enough other than cutting me off multiple times while I was talking. I was insistent on having this order expedited to me as I run a business that was dependent on this order arriving in a timely fashion. I was told that is not going to happen since I live in Canada.

Even though I personally checked UPS pricing which would have the order to me on Wednesday, May 17 for less than my original cost of shipping but was told that since the order comes from the Warehouse, 123Inkjets must use the shipping contract they have with USPS. I understand the need to follow the protocols when dealing with issues, but the circumstances were extenuating and I was expecting better customer service.

I didn't make any mistake. I did everything right. I noticed right away on April 22nd that something was wrong but was ensured not once, but TWICE that it was on its way and to just keep waiting... I waited and waited and waited and in the end, the package never came, and this company did absolutely nothing to help me. Manager Jessica issued a full refund on the order and that was that. I wasn't getting my order. I guess if you want things done right (or at all apparently), you have to do them yourself. So I was able to make arrangements to have the order delivered to a friend in Massena, New York but that still left me with a 7-hour drive to Massena from my home address.

What a terrible experience I have had with this company. As I told their manager Jessica, if their company was willing to go above and beyond to correct the mistakes that THEY made, I would continue to order weekly and be a happy and patient customer. But at this point, I am so livid and frustrated with the service or lack thereof. I will NEVER purchase from this company again. They should hire me as their Customer Service Manager because I resolved my own issue better than any of their employees.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I ordered two cartridges of each color a few months ago as backups for when my ink ran out. Now that I have tried using the cartridges from 123inkjets.com, most of them do not work. My printer gives me an error saying that the cartridge is damaged. Now I am out the money I paid. Stick with the genuine cartridges. At least you know they'll work and if not, you can get a refund.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

123inkjets Company Information