1.66/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

587 QVC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I ordered a 65" TV on December 9 2018. I cancelled the order on December 12, 2018. I received an email that the order was in the process of cancelling. So PayPal takes the money out anyways. It took over a week to get PayPal to release the money back to my account. All good. I just happened to look at my order status today and it said the TV was shipped January 9 2018??! After I cancelled a month ago and PayPal took all my funds out of my account again this morning!! They said they have to contact the distributor to cancel a high end item. I understand that but that was over 3 weeks ago and nothing was done. So now I have a TV on the way I do not want and have no money until probably 2 weeks from now. What a nightmare... Use at your own risk!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

For Christmas, I ordered a silver necklace for my daughter from QVC. My daughter liked the necklace, but it was too heavy to wear. I promptly returned the necklace. Today it has been three weeks since I returned it. I called QVC to get a status on my return and my credit, $260. They have the necklace, but they didn't issue a credit. It will take another 10 days for me to receive the $260 credit. QVC are crooks! I think they hope most people won't notice that they haven't received credit for their returns. This was my first time ordering from QVC and it's my last. I'll stick with AMAZON!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

QVC customer service is good, in my opinion. However, customer credit card financing is through Synchrony Bank and I believe there are a couple things consumers should know before committing to QVC (Synchrony Bank) Special Financing (no interest for a fixed term). In order to make a payment dedicated to a “promotional purchase balance” (separate from a regular minimum monthly QVC credit card payment) you must first make a payment and then PROMPTLY call a QVC credit card account customer service and state how much of that payment you wish to be applied to the promotional purchase/special financing balance.

Keep in mind, this must be done every single time you wish to make a payment toward your promotional purchase balance (PPB) AND there is a $10 charge each time a customer service representative assists you with this process over the phone. It is not possible to “split” your payment like this by paying online. You must do it on the phone. Example, if I have a $100 minimum monthly payment and I wish to pay an extra $50 on my PPB, I pay $150 online, then call, explain how I want the payment split, and pay an extra $10 to speak to a human. Every. Darn. Time.

The customer service rep explained that the alternative is to call (pay an extra $10 for telephone payment assistance) and tell them that you want a previous monthly payment applied to the PPB. And that payment will be applied to the PPB, however, that amount will then be added back into your regular credit card balance. As you can see by the length of this post, there is much to consider and many questions to ask before agreeing to QVC special financing offers. Read the fine print, ask questions, and stay on top of it. Otherwise? The interest accrued during the term of the special financing gets added into your account if you do not pay the FULL balance of your special finance purchase when the term expires. Good luck!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Please share this so maybe I can get QVC’s attention! I’ve had it... So beyond upset, flustered and downright ready to blow at QVC. On 11/25 I placed an order through PayPal to QVC... PayPal used the incorrect card to process the order so they told me to call QVC and give them the card I wanted it on and have them issue a refund to PayPal.

Fine, did that! On Dec 11 the refund shows up to PayPal. Great this is going to be ok. Except, the product arrives broken. So I send it back including a note saying which card to process the refund to. They credit my PayPal account again. PayPal doesn’t have the second charge because I did it over the phone. I call 9 times over the course of the next two weeks and “Customer Care” can only put in a ticket to finance so they can research the issue and correct it.

After all these repeated requests to Finance and no solution... I ask to talk to a supervisor. “Customer Care” put in a request to call me back... sometime within the next 4 hours. NO callback! Next day I call... another request because they can’t do anything but put in a request. Four hours later and still no call. So, I call again... another request for a callback in the next 4 hours. No call? Next day I call. Another ticket for a callback within 4 hours. At the 7.45 hr mark I get a call.

Explain everything but because she is a 2nd shift supervisor Finance is closed... She calls back the next evening says that they need to get the 2nd refund issued to PayPal back and do they have my permission. I tell her there is only one refund processed by PayPal and when I talked to them (PayPal) they could not find the 2nd refund so make sure they give the 2nd refund back not my original refund. Guess what I have a chargeback to my PayPal account pending as if today... So once again I have paid 90.61 on two different credit cards.

Call QVC at 10 am... Wait by phone until I finally say looks like they are not going to call at 3:15 PM because it is well past 4 hours. Go to start filling the tub when “ring” run back to get the phone and there is a dial tone. Call QVC and tell them a supervisor named Tonya just called, can I talk to her. I’ll put in a ticket for a return call to you in the next 4 hrs. ☹️ Have you ever been so fed up with big companies? I mean I could just scream. Never had a problem with QVC before but now that I have one I just do not understand how they can get away with this. So beyond over this problem and out 181.22.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

This is the worst company ever and we will never buy from them again. We had purchased quite a bit in the last 2 years and have nothing to show for it. Things break, they tell you to send it back and get a refund; then you don't get the refund and they have the product. Never again. And as others have said, call 10 times, you will get 10 different answers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QVC?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought a pair of boots that didn't fit. I wanted to exchange them but they didn't have the next size available so I opted for a refund. They charged me a restocking fee! Be careful. It's hidden in some small print - almost no other online retailer does this so buyer beware!!! Also their customer service is near impossible to get a hold of and when you do they are curt and not helpful.

Ordered a watch as a gift for Christmas in late October. When the gift was opened on Christmas Day it was pink not the black that the packing slip indicated. The return took forever to get there and I had to email twice since their phones were overwhelmed to let them know I had tracked the item and they had already received it back only to finally be emailed I would be refunded. No replacement, no exchange, - no options. I now have to replace a gift that will more than likely have to be full retail value elsewhere since all of the holiday sales are done. I will not be buying from QVC again. It's too much of a crapshoot.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First off why would I want to exchange something that was defective the first time to only take a chance of it happening again. The woman over the phone said they would waive the return fee, nope never did. Deducted the fee off my refund. AGAIN A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT!!! Wasn't like I changed my mind. I will never buy anything off QVC again. Their tracking system online is horrible and slow and not user friendly. So from now on for products like this I will go to Target or Walmart and pay a little more. Now I am out money because the product didn't work. Not right at all!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

On 11/08/18, I placed an order on QVC.com for a Christmas gift for my father. The color was on a waitlist to be shipped out on 12/03/18. On 12/07/18, I received a tracking number via email that the order was shipped. I waited and watched the tracking for weeks. UPS showed that the label was created but the package was never received by UPS. I called QVC on 12/21/18 and the very nice representative apologized for what had happened and told me that she is sending a message to the corporate office. I told her that I expected a call on Monday (24th) and an email regarding our conversation on what happened with my order. I received neither.

I called back tonight (30th) and spoke to another representative that was very apologetic for what had transpired. I was told that the item was not in stock. I asked why no one has called me and why my money was not refunded. She had a supervisor call me. The supervisor called forty minutes later. It took me several calls later to get my money back. She told me that corporate was not going to call me.

First they take my money ($45), do not send my order, do not call me back, do not email me and do not refund my money until I have to call several times. The supervisor said that she is refunding my money and offered me a $10 credit for the issue. I told her how upset that I am that my father's Christmas gift was not received and that I would NEVER shop at QVC again. I understand that mistakes happen but this was so horrible, especially a Christmas gift to your parent. How do they treat a customer like that?! Now I have to wait for my money back.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My account was hacked. They ordered 2 items and used my debit card QVC had on file, then went into my account and changed the address to have the items shipped to PA, I live in FLA. I caught the fraudulent transaction and called QVC to stop the last item being shipped and not to charge my card. I got the runaround...the items were shipped, my card was charged! I was told QVC would have someone from their fraud dept contact me in 4 days...nothing! They did close my account down though, and I had to cancel my bank card right before Christmas! I am still waiting for my refund. Please do not leave any type of card on file with QVC. They will do nothing to help you if you get hacked...awful!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

After over 30 years of buying from QVC and watching the product quality & customer service DECLINE to the lowest degree possible, I’m finally done. A while ago, I received a letter telling me that I had too many returns and not enough recent purchases. My returns are BECAUSE of the poor quality. I order less because of the non-refundable return shipping charges. I paid my Q Card off every mo. so was never charged a cent of interest. All my other CC’s used to make purchases over the 30+ yrs. were never over the limit, so QVC always got their money every time. But they closed my Q Card account & even my QVC account. The other places we shop always treat us with respect. Would like to give QVC minus 10 stars.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I attempted to purchase Bose headphones over a month before Christmas. I received a call nearly 3 weeks later that the order was on hold. When I called, they could not tell me why it was held, but it was already cancelled. So I created a new order on the phone and verified that all the information was correct, the payment was verified, and that I would receive the headphones on December 20. I didn't get any other confirmation email or any way to track it. On December 23, as the order still hadn't arrived and I received no information about any problem, I called to get an update. The agent told me that my account had been closed "by corporate due to a risk" and was not able to provide any meaningful information or transfer me to a supervisor. He said that there was no way that I could receive the item by Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

If I could give QVC a zero stars I would. I have had a QVC account for my Fitbit Versa and everything went well until two weeks ago. I get a message my address has been changed then I got a message two Apple iWatches had been purchased for a little over $1400.00. They wiped my bank account completely clean. Not a penny left. I spent my whole afternoon filing fraud complaints with QVC, my bank, my county's police department and the police in the county of the new address on my account was from. It took almost two weeks for my money to be refunded. This left us in a snowstorm in Western Carolina with no food or no drinks or anything. Thanks QVC.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

About a month ago I ordered three sets of QVC Harry London Nutcracker Tins which were supposed to be filled with Harry London candies. I liked the idea so much, I ordered three sets of 5 and intended to use them as Christmas gifts. I was told that I could have it shipped at the time of my order of have the order shipped the week of December 10th. I chose the latter. My order was to arrive on December 17th. I check the morning of December 17th and QVC automated system said my order was to be delivered by December 17th. On December 17, around 4:52 p.m., I received an email stating that the vendor was out of stock and my order would not be filled. Their consolation was a $10.00 credit on my account and some Harry London candies.

I did not want their credit or their candy, I wanted my order. I called customer service who was useless and had a noncaring attitude toward my dilemma as to what I was going to use as Christmas presents at this late date. There was no offer to compromise or even assist me in any way. The guy just did not care. QVC has lost a customer. I am so disappointed in them. I was never told at the time of my order that their vendor may run out of supply. Had I known this, I would have made plan B arrangements. I am so so disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Returned three items of about 30 dollars worth of goods and in return for 5.88 cents back. What a joke. Free returns? What a fraud. Never again. I couldn't understand because I thought returns were free until I saw another review about the shipping label charge.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Ordered a gaming laptop which was shipped by UPS. Item stated delivered but we never received it. QVC would not resolve this issue with either a refund or another item. QVC sucks and I would never order from them again!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a product from QVC on 11/15 and was charged the same day. A few days later, I got an email that my order had shipped and would arrive 11/26. I subsequently tried to track it numerous times, and it showed as "in transit" to UPS. By 12/3, I still had not received it and the item remained untrackable. I called UPS, who never received the item from QVC. I emailed customer service, who could not explain what happened and then did not respond to my follow up email. Three days later, when I still hadn't heard back or gotten a refund, I called customer service and requested a call from a manager. They never called back. Finally just contested the charge with my credit card company, who can deal with this headache. How do you charge someone for something that you never sent? Well, I learned my lesson: Never order from QVC.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

On 22nd of November I ordered a pretend shopping cart for my granddaughter. QVC confirmed the order and I was supposed to get the item latest on the 3rd of December. I checked the order online and it went from several days of "in Process" to "back order." One day, after that it went back to "in process." On the 3rd it said "back order" again. I called the customer service and asked what this was all about and he just told me because they are out of those carts and nobody knows if and when they would get the cart again. I asked why they confirmed the order in the first place when they didn't have the cart and why nobody emailed me that there was a problem. That guy didn't have an answer for that. I canceled and I will never order from QVC again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered a Dell computer 6 months ago. The computer worked fine until last month. I sent it back to Dell and when I received it back, it was damaged. I could not use the computer, period. I spoke to someone at QVC and was told that I would be refunded my money without any problems due to a defective computer. I returned the computer to them as instructed and am waiting on a refund. I have called several times regarding my refund and was told by different people in customer service that my funds have been released and I should call my bank.

Each time I called my bank, they had no record of QVC refunding money to my account. Today I spoke to Tamara in customer service and was told that there is a hold on those funds until there's proof that the item is in the warehouse and an empty box was not sent to the warehouse. NO ONE told me that my funds were being held for "proof". My tracking information says that they have received the computer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and of course she was not available. I am very disappointed with QVC, as I have used them before and had no issues. I will not be using QVC again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I received a present that I could not use. I contacted QVC to see if I could return it. I followed QVC's instructions to receive credit on my account. The gift amount was returned to my friend. I just learned that the credit cannot be applied to my account. Now I cannot shop for a more appropriate gift AND MY FRIEND IS ANGRY. Thank you for following the instruction QVC gave me.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have been wanting to buy a new TV, and I ordered an OLED TV yesterday from QVC's website, 12/01/2018. It was a 6 Easy Pay order of $318.00 for 6 payments. I never received any emails that I ordered anything, but last night my order was processing up until past midnight when I went to sleep. I found it odd because any other company I order from sends me an email right away if I order something and is a good way to combat if your account was hacked into and ordered without your permission. I checked my bank account, and sure enough $318.00 was taken from my account.

So today, I wake up and turn my computer on, check my emails - no emails from QVC at all. I check my bank account, again. Stills shows a pending QVC transaction from 12/01/2018 for $318.00. So I go to check the status of my account and the site is acting like I never registered at all! I tried a few times, even a different browser, will not accept my username and password. So I immediately call customer service and I am informed my account was closed because "Me or someone in my family at that address have had late payments or caused business loss in the past. So they closed my account and canceled my order." No phone calls, no emails, no communication. I had to go to them to find this out and why did the system allow me to make the order to begin with?

I told the lady on the phone that this is unethical and I would have been happy to pay if something was owed from my family (unaware of anyone here owing anything with QVC), but this was a "corporate decision" and she "had no further information available at this time." When I asked about the money I paid them already, it will "fall off in 5-7 business days depending on my bank account." Wow! So no TV, my money is now tied up for a week!

The fact I never got an order confirmation email, no emails or calls that my order was canceled, and no emails or calls that they REMOVED MY ACCOUNT! I will never ever do business with them again, I will stick to companies like Amazon and Evine, who inform you of orders you made and send you what you order. If there is a problem, they call or email like a company should. Horrible experience with no accountability, customer service, or full explanation at all. I will warn all my family and friends and hope they lose all kinds of business. One of if not THE worst companies I have ever dealt with and never had a company be this extreme, especially without explanation or communication! Never had a company fail to communicate this badly, either. Take your business to companies who deserve your money, not a company who treats their customers like this! Horrible!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I ordered Comfort Food, In the Kitchen with David cookbook on Oct. 21, 2018. The EDD was Nov. 4th. I received an email on Nov. 27th that my order had shipped and a tracking number. I started to try and track my order but every time I clicked on the tracking number, I received a message that QVC.com was unavailable. Finally today, I went to the USPS website, put in the tracking number to find a shipping label was created but the item was actually not shipped. I might add that my credit card was charged on Nov. 27th for the cookbook.

I called customer service to ask what was going on. The customer service rep. said he would check. When he came back on the phone, he said he ordered the cookbook again and I should have it by Dec. 10th. I told him that was unacceptable and to cancel the order and refund my credit card immediately. He gave NO explanation as to what went wrong. I don’t understand how QVC can get away with charging someone’s credit card BEFORE an order has actually shipped???

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Ordered two bottles of Nest perfume on 11/21/18, EDD was for 11/28/18. Bottles shipped separately, the second one didn't ship until 11/25/18 from distribution center in NC. Called QVC customer service on 11/28 because second bottle of perfume hasn't arrived and according to USPS website (shipped via UPS Mail Innovations which adds DAYS more delivery time) no movement of package since 11/25. CS rep told me the package is in New Jersey - I live in Virginia, so what sense does it make for the package to go from NC to NJ? Rep also said they don't know when package will be delivered to me and they can't do anything about it until Mon. 12/3.

QVC used to be great and most of the time I got items within 2 to 3 days with standard shipping, including perfume orders that have to go by ground shipping, because I was near PA. Now it takes 7+ days for me to get orders unless I pay for expedited shipping and since perfume is flammable it can't be expedited for shipping. I am DONE with QVC and their crappy shipping - Quality Value and Convenience, yeah right! Not anymore and they've lost my business because of it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I don't take reviews lightly. I attempted to resolve this with QVC, but every representative was rude and transferred my calls to voicemail while I was talking. I even involved the BBB, but QVC would not resolve the issue. I made two purchases a few weeks ago, but never received them. QVC had canceled the orders (which

were intended as gifts) and closed my account without notifying me. It seems someone in another state with the same last name as me owes QVC money. What does that have to do with me? The insanity makes sense to QVC, and its representatives have even called me a "scammer." I am no longer interested in doing business with QVC, but I will not allow it to libel me. I have met with a lawyer, possibly for a class action suit.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Four years ago, during the summer, I purchased from QVC, 4 of your battery multicolored garland, 2 battery multicolored sprays, and 4 3' trees - 2 battery multicolored and 2 battery white lighted. They were beautiful. After Christmas, the batteries were removed and they were put away. The battery packs were wet, even though I put them in plastic bags to protect them from the weather. When I put them up last year, only 1/2 of everything was working - the spring in 1/2 of the battery packs had rusted off. The 3rd year none of them were lighted, and the springs are rusted away. I tried to contact your company after the first year when the battery packs weren't dry and you told me to pack them back in the original boxes - which would have been impossible - besides they were gone.

I contacted QVC and received no help. The second year, I contacted you and QVC to see if there were replacement weatherproof battery packs available. I received no answers. What I am going to do is submit a review of your product and service stating these facts. For such beautiful products, you have terrible battery packs, bad customer service, and no concern for your customers when you require them to pay for returning and paying postage on very heavy products. No alternative suggestions. I am disgusted with both Bethlehem Lights Company and QVC.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

By QVC own admission they delivered my coffee maker to an office in Las Vegas Nevada. I also paid extra for expedited shipping. I live in New Port Richey Florida. I informed QVC customer service that I no longer wanted or needed the item as it was for my husband's birthday and there was no way to get one to me before his birthday. I asked to cancel the order completely. I then received a second coffee machine even though I said NO. I immediately called QVC. I once again explained the entire situation. Arrangements were made for USPS to pick up the machine the next day, which USPS did. This all started on May 21, 2018. I have had several frustrating phone calls with no results. I am still being harassed for money for a product I do not have and QVC admits it. PLEASE HELP.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

They gave me a estimated shipping date. When that day came and I hadn't received my package I called in, they gave me a whole other shipping date. By that date I called - was given ANOTHER date, ask to speak with a supervisor who had the nerve to ask me if I wanted a 25 dollar credit for my next order!?!? Who in their right mind at this point would wanna order from here when you can't even get a order out in time.

So finally I just cancelled my order in all. Told them send it back. They said they can't send it back 'cause it's been processed. Once I receive it return it and they shall refund my money. Yet here we are a week after it was received and my money hasn't been returned. I also didn't mention how they couldn't even provide me with a tracking number after the third time I called about it not coming on the delivery date, I called about my refund - they try to tell me that it has been refunded. So I'm currently at a point where I'll just be calling my lawyer to report this incident and give them a taste of their own medicine when my lawyer contacts them about a court date. DON'T ORDER FROM HERE.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

After allowing my account to be hacked by some internet thief, they closed my account and canceled all my orders for Christmas presents, etc. They do not resolve problems. AVOID SHOPPING WITH QVC. You are just asking for trouble, sooner or later.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Thursday I online ordered 3 items - 2 were the special value (lowest price for the yr), & a matching dog bed. Had been on w/ CS because of multiple questions re: dog bed, but had 2 blankets (with 2 different sizes, 2 different colors for 2 different people) in the cart as I was trying to figure out what size dog bed to buy - only gave dimensions, had large, round "bumpers" around 3/4s of the bed, so the dimensions inside were not listed, neither was if the centerpiece was separate, could you use fabric softener on it (found out you couldn't on the blankets by accident), etc.

I put my CC # into the page, & started to order the 3 items, when the csr offered to do it for me. I didn't want to stop in the middle, told her I was almost done, so she hung up. I had the page with the total for the order, with the items listed pop up, then the page with what the monthly installments would be popped up. Figured got to go! 3 presents taken care of. But QVC had a "computer glitch", & since they couldn't find the order, I didn't receive the email with the details, they won't do anything. All the items are sold out! Told them I'm disabled, & shop only online - this was my 2nd purchase with them, expected better & more from them. Nothing. I was offered NOTHING from them. Got the "too bad, so sad", we can't help you at all.

Went to other sites to check out their reviews - the last 2 years have been 1 star only, pretty much! Stating quality of items going down, prices going up, problems with shipments, etc. Not a company I want to do business again. Removed my CC # I'd just put in out of their system, & had to block "text info I would like" from my phone - something else I never agreed to! Wish I could go shopping myself, but since that is the case, & QVC has partnered with many other companies, I'm going to watch who I shop with in the future. BTW - no offer to speak to a supervisor was made after me complaining for 10 mins, either. Wonder if they even have them - something else another person brought up on another site.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I placed an order a week ago. The item cost more than on other sites, plus a shipping charge. I ordered because the color I wanted was in stock. QVC took my money, then canceled my order, and now refuses to refund my money. I have sent several emails. They say once order is returned they will issue a refund. I have told them multiple times I never received it as THEY canceled it, yet they will not refund my money. Never will I shop there again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have read several reviews on the site regarding Lennar Homes. The overwhelming majority were negative so I wanted to document my journey so far. My experience hasn’t been perfect but it also has been far from a nightmare. I may have a slight advantage as I am a licensed Realtor although I do not work in the field full time. My initial interaction with Lennar was very pleasant and not as pushy or dismissing as some new home consultants can be. I typically wear sweats and comfortable shoes such as Crocs when I went out to view homes for myself and I think some new home consultants at other communities used that to gauge whether I could afford one of their homes or not.

However that was not the case at Lennar in Charles county even though it was at the Lennar location in Gambrills MD that I was sent to because they were the only site with a specific model I wanted to see. After viewing a few models I found one that I really liked but price conscious side of me was a bit Leary. I took sometime to think it over and eventually decided to move forward after conducting some research. I went to the office on a Sunday to get more information and ended up signing my documents that day. Obviously the banks were closed and I had some training to attend for work for about a week so Lennar allowed me to place a desposit equivalent to what I could withdraw from the ATM and send the rest once my training was complete.

I chose my options that day and even called a relative over that I know was on the market as well Katrina stayed to answer all of their questions well past the time the office closes. Lennar made it very clear from the beginning that there was some thing that they wanted me to work on financially and before closing and I began work on that straight away. For me none of it was an issue because it was all things that I already had plans to pay down. I signed the paperwork with their office in April and was provided a construction completion date of Oct 31. After reading some of the reviews here I think it is important to stress that the construction completion date and the date you close will not be the same date.

Lennar scheduled a meeting with me and the construction manager updated the construction completion date to early Nov. and we were on our way. The loan/ credit folks provided me with an action plan and I provided updates regularly sometimes they would best me to check on my status. I completed all of the requested action ahead of schedule so we made a few tweaks. The only person that was as responsive via email as I would have liked would be the loan officer but he answered his phone every time I called. Everyone else responded within a matter of minutes when I asked any questions or wanted to schedule sometime to actually walk the home while under construction. I have not closed yet but everything is scheduled including my home inspection.

My advice to everyone is to get a home inspection. The new home consultant may act as if it’s not needed because the home is new but that’s not what the inspector is looking for. You want to get the inspection because the reality is a lot of the work is performed by contractors and people make mistakes. That is true for new and older homes, we just home the mistakes are not something that dramatically impacts your ability to enjoy the home which is why you need an home inspector to flush out as much as possible.

I currently rent approximately 5 mins from the home I’m having built so I’m able to go by frequently and check on the progress and there are several people that work on the homes being built and I’m certain Minimal supervision is provided as they have several homes under construction at the same time. My only complaint would be if you sit back and wait for them to tell you what's going on you might feel as if they don’t pass information along well. I found out the dates for my walkthrough and closing from the new home consultant almost a month before I received the official email from the settlement coordinator.

The credit specialist told me that everything was good to go with my loan before I heard from the loan officer. So my point is that if you are buying with Lennar do not hesitate to ask question to anyone you can get in touch with and get a home inspection completed by a third party (that $400 could save you a lot of stress down the road). Remember that you are spending thousands of dollars and whoever holds the purse holds the control.

QVC Company Information