MyLife.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just spoke to a "customer service representative" about a refund and she was surly and certainly not helpful. The company is a total scam. None of the information they have is accurate or even close to what I needed. I had a real fight on my hands trying to get my money back. They wanted to charge me a $9 "mandatory fee" for canceling. I protested and finally received my full refund. I've never written a bad review before about anything but this company needs to be exposed.

I signed up for "Who's Searching for You" thinking it was able to search for information on other people. I was charged $180 only to find incorrect personal information. The ad was misleading on what services was being provided, despite reading the fine print. Then the daily nag emails began saying that there was new additional information on me that was potentially incorrect. Today I received another nag email which I pursued research on a past family member which I assumed was covered by the program for which I had previously signed up.

After compilation of the report, I received a request to pay another $180 in order to read the report. I inadvertently hit the read button and was billed another $180 for a service I thought I already had. I called their tech support in India and was told since I had run a report that I was being billed for a separate service. The only thing they would do is turn off the auto renewals for both. The company is a RIP-OFF. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. As you can read from other posts, the employee fraudulent practices and it is a waste of your money. BEWARE.

Received an update today, in spam, informing me they had "new" information about my daughter. Thought I'd just take a look and what garbage. I knew they were lying when the address they had for her was over 5 years old, not even getting the city correct. Save your money!

Do not use their service because once they have your credit card they will not stop charging it. They will make it difficult for you. DO NOT SIGN UP!!!

MyLife schemes you into giving your credit card information, for the purpose of getting basically general info about whoever you're searching for. Make a long story short, I could not find the info I was looking for. Not even close. Then, the website sent me to another website that asked for more money. I spent $35 bucks for nothing. I went to a different website and was I not only able to find the information I was looking for, it only cost me $1 to retrieve it. When I asked for a refund, the agent on the phone would not even acknowledge my request. So, I emailed them. And they would not acknowledge the refund request through email either. Please don't use this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife.com?

Non-Stop emails with no way to unsubscribe. I've requested this many times now in various ways and I am feeling harassed by this company.

I received multiple emails from this company stating that my background was being looked at, being changed and being reviewed. None of that was true. I signed up for the trick 7 day membership for $1 that has no place to cancel. Cancellation information is only on the sign up page that disappears after you sign up. I called and cancelled. Since then I have been slammed with two charges of $29.99 each. When I called and told them I did not sign up and asked for proof of signing up for the 29.99 per month, they said they can only send me proof of cancellation. When I told them that that was fraud and not proof of signing up they said they will place that note in my file and refused to issue a credit or cancel the membership.

This is a bogus outfit. No one should need to sign up to this service. It is useless. ONLY A MONEY MAKING OPERATION. First, the information they have has been illegally collected from various websites without my permission. Most of it is inaccurate. It vastly outdated. Completely meaningless. There was no record of who was looking at my background as claimed in their emails on on their site. The only review was done by the owner of the website himself. Who the hell is he to review me? Fraud. This site is useless, serves no purpose, collects data on people in blatant violation of federal privacy laws of other websites and makes money by scaring people. COMPLETE FRAUD. SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. WHAT MORE DO THE AUTHORITIES NEED TO SUE THEM?

As with a lot of websites on the internet, incorrect information abounds. I would gladly change it, but they want money to post the correct information. I don't have money and I won't give into a soft form of bMail either. Not saying they do that - but when you have a company that supposedly has your information and they won't allow you to change the incorrect information unless you pay them. Well, You do the math.

I signed up for $14 and change a month and was hit with a $180 bill. This company is bogus and steals money. I did one search and will pay for that as it is only fair, however to advertise monthly payments and then bill a total year is FRAUD. The best part is that the order confirmation went to SPAM and everything since then has gone to my regular inbox. Also now when I go to login I am directed to a Yahoo search page. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

I got an email that says $6.99 and $1 seven days trial. The next day they charge $83. When I called to cancel they said no cancellation. Very bad company. Ripoff.

I signed up then instantly noticed the charges were more than I thought. When I tried to cancel it wouldn't let me. I called and got ** around for 20 minutes, telling me I wouldn't receive a full refund because I "used the service" which I did BEFORE I gave my credit card info and I didn't get any information. Clearly they are in India and are taught to lie to the customers. Worst customer service EVER.

I was very dissatisfied to find out when looking at my profile all the inaccurate info and skip info. They even had me living in cities I never knew of. The only way I was able to confirm they actually had my profile was to look at my family & friends. Although they did show friend I never heard of and left off my 33 year old daughter. What a joke for a company. If my profile was so inaccurate & out of date, how could I trust info searches on other individuals? Bad 100.00 investment.

How do any of us know if they aren't creating a place for someone to hack and steal your information. There are already so many people on here saying they have had wrong amounts taken from them and the information they found wasn't even about them. Get "LifeLock", it's more trustworthy and legitimate. There should be a class action lawsuit against this "MyLife" for their scare tactics and harassment. I never asked for their assistance or gave them my email address so their stealing information to get business. How does anyone know of that if you don't sign up, that your information they have will be sold to some other shady identity thief.

As with many other reviews I have read, I kept getting e-mails suggesting they could remove personal info from sites displaying this information without authorization. Once on their site they wanted money before they could tell you anything. These e-mails never prompted me to pay for any membership. Last week they offered me a 7 day trial for $1.00. That was the hook they needed to spark my interest. Had the site been able to live up to the hype, I would have remained a customer.

About 95% of their info was wrong. My birth date, current address, and phone numbers - all incorrect. People, places, and names mentioned who had nothing whats-so-ever to do with me. Again, as someone else mentioned, no way to correct their mistakes. If you clicked on the "remove" link, it prompts you to give current information. No thank you!! I like that you really know nothing about me, nor will anyone looking me up on your site! When I attempted to get more info for someone they had associated with me, I was expected to pay additional fees. Again, no thank you. Thus I elected to cancel my "trial offer" on the 5th day.

Three days later they billed me $7.95 and they had taken $1.00 two separate times. So they are $8.95 to the good and I'm $9.95 out of pocket to discover yet another well-masked scam on the internet. My second phone call verified total cancellation with reps name, employee number, and verification code. No refund just no further billing. $8.95 may not seem like much, but multiply it by who knows how many people they pull this on and it makes for a great pay day for them!

Non-stop emails got me as the wrong person. Plus when I finally found myself they got my gender wrong lol. Everything about it is a scam.

I received multiple emails from this company stating that there is information online that may ruin my reputation financially or professionally. Just like the other reviewers, I was naive to sign up to this sham. Everything they had about me was outdated and even a lie. Supposedly, I had tickets in which I was in contempt with the law. This terrified me, I've never been in trouble in my life. My family tree was all incorrect. They wanted me to call them to straighten it out. No, thank you. I called the City of Riverside, to ensure that these tickets were incorrect. Hired a monitoring service and purchased fraud insurance. All of which said that I have nothing to worry about. This company is TERRIBLE. Trying to scare people into a monthly membership. I will wait for a class action suit.

This morning I signed up for the $9.95/mo expecting to just be charged $9.95 a month, however they charged for the full year ($119.99) in one transaction. There was nothing on the page stating that upon signing up that they would charge the full amount. No links to click on to read any disclosures - nothing. Thankfully I realized this 30 mins after I registered so I called to spoke to a representative, James, and told him the situation and that I would like to be refunded and to have my membership/page canceled.

At first he said he is unable to give any refunds so I asked if I could speak with a manager. He put me on hold for a few minutes and said that they can charge me for only one month of service at $29.99 and refund me back the remaining money. At that point I took the "deal".. This wasn't as bad as some people they screwed over... (Another thing that is extremely irritating is that you cannot deactivate your account without having to call and speak with a representative!)

So far I have not seen any refund on my bank activities but I am going to wait a few days in case it takes a while. I am also marking my calendar to check my profile in 30 days to ensure that my membership is canceled and not going to auto pay. This company lacks information and professionalism and I strongly advise anyone who's considering signing up to avoid MyLife!

I receive almost daily emails from MyLife.com. My background records are being pulled (without my consent). There is no way of getting rid of my information on the site. It also has incorrect information posted for both public pages they have created about me. If there is any possible way of getting off of this site, please help. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM THAT AT ALL. Want off the list.

A couple of weeks ago I got the alarming email that my "personal information" was available to view online as well as my background report. Even though there was no option to try the service for free, I signed up for it because I was curious what someone thought was out there on me. I paid the fee but luckily have had most of the money returned to me when I would not back down about a refund. The information in my personal information was so WRONG and it included information about my children that was wrong. Who needs to know who lived where and who lives there now! NO ONE!!! I repeat it is no one's business. I agree that this site and others like it should be removed from the internet and that the CEO's or founders fined heavily for the misrepresentation of unknowing people.

This site uses emails to commit blackmail and extortion. You get a personal review of you from the CEO who doesn't know you. They use fear and intimidation to try to lure you to give them money to protect yourself. We need to be protected from MyLife.com! They send me regular emails claiming that people are viewing my background report and that my background report has changes "including foreclosure". I have never had a foreclosure. There are no foreclosures on my credit reports and I have a high FICO score. These people need to be stopped and put out of business!

Unlike everyone else that paid for the site I clicked the button that said I wasn't that person. I was pissed about how they had every last address I lived including my current one. This is an invasion of privacy. This gives people a way of finding where you are if you had a protection order. I don't like anyone having access to my personal information. Now I don't feel safe in my own home. This should be against the law.

MyLife needs a class action lawsuit against them. I don't see how this is legal. All this time I have been getting these emails from them and for the first time decided to check their website and never in a million years would I expect to see pictures, addresses, phone number, and much more. I think I'm going to get rid of all my social media accounts because having it set to private doesn't matter!!

I see that others have had a similar experience. I signed up for 1 month of MyLife. The website shows the cost is $7.95. My card was immediately charged $180.00! I called and screamed. Eventually, they refunded $150.00 of my money explaining the minimum membership is $30. I complained that the website shows $7.95 and the operator played stupid! On top of that I did not receive the email I was promised with my password! I had to call again the next day and start the whole ** process over! AVOID MYLIFE AT ALL COSTS!

I signed up for a $7.99 one month membership to help friends find their son. The next day I called to cancel the subscription only to be told that I had signed up for the yearly subscription of $95.99 and my card was charged accordingly. I most certainly did not select the yearly subscription - I selected the $7.95 monthly rate because it was only $7.95 and I had no intention of keeping the subscription. After requesting to speak to a supervisor, the same CSR came back on and said he could refund $75. This is a total rip-off scam.

I will outline the things I saw within my first 10 minutes of going through your interface that actually shows that what you all have done not only to me but thousands of other hopefully customers is fraudulent and detrimental to our own personal identities. What kind of Identity Protection company does not have 24/7 365 support when trying to call on an urgent matter? Monday through Friday business hours and Pacific time? Really?

First, your marketing strategy is psychologically intended to make a person feel less secure about their own PII than it really is. I know this because of your scrolling "testimonials" from "current customers" stating that MyLife.com has benefited them for a security, professional and even relationship standpoint. This occurred on the right side of my screen while the page "loaded" stating how it was pulling all of my publicly exposed information from hundreds of thousands of sources. The funny thing was, I was unable to be shown any of that information that someone had apparently looked up about me once "pulled together" (apparently the person looking me up was a 49 yr old woman from Oak Lawn, IL). In order to actually see this information that was exposed causing my PII to be at such tremendous risk, I had to sign up and pay.

Second, to this point of paying, you FALSELY ADVERTISED and stated on the initial page when I pulled up my own name to proceed by clicking on the "Free Search" icon. Upon seeing the word free, which, I don't think anyone has to define what that means, I clicked that and continued on. Once the above first paragraph sequence on the screen was completed, I was then prompted by the payment screen. The options stated the best was an Annual Plan with a monthly fee of $9.99, apposed to the other option which was of course priced much higher. Again, another psychological marketing tactic gearing any user to just accept the fee if this is such a risk to my PII and they want to actually become a customer.

NOW, this is where you really try and scam every potential customer (I have already read the consumer affairs reviews so I know how they feel). After about, I would say, 25-30 seconds, maybe 45 initially, the screen is automatically re-loaded and brought another screen that begins a countdown from 5 minutes for another "last time offer" payment option. I cannot remember the exact verbiage, but it was to the effect of, "We will offer a trial period for this service for just $1!" I was actually perplexed, as I did not know if I had hit a wrong key to move to another page.

I did not know the underlying details how long the $1 trial period would go for, so begin entering my credit card information on that screen instead of the first. But after taking a moment and re-reading the verbiage on that page, I decided to click back to the former screen and choose the $9.99 a month option because, hey, your gimmick worked, and got me thinking that this would be a good idea to protect myself, and what is 10 bucks a month to do so. Upon getting back to that initial payment screen I began fully entering my credit card number. Not even 15 seconds passed this time before the page AGAIN re-loaded to the 5 minute countdown screen.

After reading customers reviews, it makes perfect sense. That is if you are trying to rip someone off. Once the person is actually given time to enter their CC information and we click the purchase button, that $1 trial period for 7 days and then supposedly will be charged about "$45 over 4 months for the length of your subscription" for the annual cost. That in itself is another psychological play on words to get some people to think that they will not be charged the full amount, it will be spread out over time. The same thing happened with me I will admit, I was thinking I would probably get charged $9.99 per month for a year.

That was until after I had pressed the submit button for payment and realized that your fine print of "You may cancel your subscription at any time" actually meant I was going to get charged the full amount on the spot for the whole year, just at a RATE of $9.99 a month. The people who chose the $1 trial period option had the same thing happen, their cards were charged the same day for the full annual amount. Finally, I know that any webpage interface involving financial transactions must be secured, and the easy way for a person to tell is if your browser URL states https:// instead of http://. I really hope that your Norton and McAfee "secured" page keeps my credit card information secured, because I am not 100% certain it showed it there, because I know for a fact it doesn't in your interface where we are actually dealing with our livelihood.

I have only touched on the money aspect so far. Needless to say, within the first minute of purchasing this service, I was already a disappointed customer from your overall scheme to get my money. Guess what, it worked. Moving on, money aside, this is the more serious offense. So again, going to take this piece by piece from how I was brought to the next interface, and what I witnessed. I was brought to the manage your risk section (it was something along those lines) where your Overall PII Data Risk Meter stated that I was as High of a Risk to identity theft as possible, citing 5 different online websites out of 8 scanned could be selling/sharing information to anyone who was looking. Now, following the prompts, here, we are supposed to clean up our records from those by submitting whatever was out there belonging to me as my personal information to be removed from the sites individually.

Each site varied from taking either between 3-5 to 4-6 weeks to apparently process these removals, which I now wonder is something that you all put yourselves in order for customers to stay with you longer so they can verify the data is removed. But in looking at the information that these websites apparently had for me, it was nothing but my name. No other information was there for me to ask to remove. The only other thing that was needed to be cleared up, was any records that were not me. An example, the first company had my name as Brendan **, and the second row for the same company had a Brendan W **. I went to click the "Not Me" button for that data row, and then was prompted for both my current address, and my phone number in order to proceed.

I HAD TO SUPPLY MY OWN INFORMATION TO GO FURTHER WITH THE RISK MANAGEMENT PROCESS! This was already a major red flag to me, but figured I could edit it later, so I put in the information, and was able to then remove the random Brendan **'s that weren't my age or had random locations/phone numbers/family members associated with them to clean that up.

After that, I was left with only rows of data that had my name and age for each of the 5 online companies, and the only reason they even apparently had this information was because I MYSELF GAVE IT TO YOU TO START WITH TO LOOK ME UP! After completing this and moving my risk level from extremely high to medium level, the prompts then brought me to the "Control your Information that is out there" section (something to that effect). My main overview section, which was the first of about 10 different sections of PII, now had my name, age, address, phone number and email address. Every one of those things I supplied throughout to get to that point.

NO OTHER SECTION HAD ANY, AND I MEAN ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ME SHOWING AT ALL! Each underlying section, such as background history, educational history, even birth date itself were EMPTY! The only piece of information that was pre-supplied by you all at MyLife, after apparently pulling from thousands if not hundreds of thousands sources as it was stated in your loading windows was that one 49 year old woman from Oak Lawn, IL had looked up or attempted to look up information on me.

After looking around the website and gathering my bearings for about 2-3 minutes, I realized that while you are stating as one of your advertising points that the purpose of signing up and controlling your information out there about you is to market yourself for whomever is interested, you are in fact having us, the customer, either pull up ourselves or supply information that we do not want to be out there as part of our "Public MyLife Profile". At this point of being fully aware of what is happening, on the overview section of my public profile, I clicked to change and delete my current information I had given. Those 5 data points of Name, Age, Email, Address and Zip Code are really what I would deem as the essential data points for anyone trying to steal an identity.

I am now at the screen to make my changes and delete everything. To top things off, upon glancing around my screen, I noticed now that THE URL WAS NO LONGER SECURED! The most valuable part of my well being was now on the internet, unsecured, after I had just paid $120 for you to help me protect it. After deleting those data points and clicking save, I was told some weird prompt I cannot remember which went away but another came and stated I must keep my name there, so I did. After clicking the save button for the third time, I was then brought back to Risk Meter section.

I then clicked Overview to see my public page, and EVERYTHING I HAD JUST DELETED ABOUT MYSELF REMAINED! I went through this exercise at least 3 more times, and those pieces of information are there, they cannot be removed by me. I go to call the support number, and when I thought it couldn't get any worse of a situation, your support office hours are Monday-Friday. I then deleted my account and thus subscription, all within about the first 20 minutes, along with working over some cash.

I read your privacy policy and user guideline prior to handing you my money, so you and I both know everything I have stated is logged, at least according to that documentation it should be. I will be speaking with my family to discuss further legal action, and I ask once again, that you do what is required to protect the personally identifiable information of mine that I gave to you. I woke up this Sunday hoping to protect myself, and after what has transpired, I certainly feel quite the opposite.

I have never signed up for their services and out of blue today I seen 9.95 charge on my cc. I'm so pissed.

This site is a complete scam. Call the attorney general's office in your state if they stole money from you and didn't return it. The attorney general's office of your state can and will handle this. They are also the office who can shut this place down. I unsubscribed. Hopefully this will be enough. If not I will be contacting the AG's office here in Washington. If a bunch of people call the AG's office in their state chances are this company will be investigated. It's obnoxious and info is old. They have me living at an old address in a completely different state. So if you pay them you're not even paying for accurate information. Please do not give this company any of your money because they will not return it. I hope after people read this review those of you who are receiving harassing emails and no returns on your money will make a complaint with AG's office in the state you live in. They will then investigate this company's illegal practices and shut them down.

The site had a $1 seven day people search with the option to cancel within the seven days. The information I used to pay the $1 was used to sign me up for a $179 additional services. I called as soon as I saw the charge, which was the following day. I was told they would not reverse the charges even after I explained I had not signed up for them. Their website is tricking people by using the information for the $1 dollar service for the $179 service and then not accepting the termination request. Contracts can be broken within 5 days in the state of Texas.

I had checked out this site back around 2009 or so, after being told by a family member you could meet people on it. I had created an account, but only a free trial (as I remember)...I didn't pay for anything. After being mistaken about what they actually offer, I let the free trial run out. They continued to send me emails, but not very many. In the last few years I've been getting harassing emails from them every single day, bleating about how my online reputation (gasp) could be compromised, how certain people are looking up info on me, and the latest: "You may have a new written review about you." Oh, so I "may"? And that's a good reason why I should sign up and give them my money?

For a few years now, one of the people whom they claim is "searching" for me is a woman associated with my ex-husband (actually a girlfriend of one of his old friends). I have no idea why she'd be searching for me. I think this is all baloney. They look to see whom you've had any business/familial/etc. relationships with and claim that person is looking for you or writing a review about you. I think they're very dishonest and I'd give them 0 stars if I could. I'm unsubscribing from their emails and hope it won't lead to more annoyance.

My father has been receiving emails from MyLife.com for the last year or so. When he first told me, I advised him to ignore the emails because they seem to be scam, fear inflicting emails to get him to subscribe to their services. After reading the reviews of the company at ConsumerAffairs I'm glad I told him to ignore them. He contacted me today because the number of emails sent to his email account have become unbearable. After going through the emails he received I saw an unsubscribe link. I was able to unsubscribe him from the unsolicited emails he's been receiving. If they keep sending emails after 10 days, I'm getting lawyers involved.

I purchase a prescription that was supposed to be for a month. I got charged $98 for a full year. After going through the website I did a search in which they want to charge you even more to get the full information. This site is a rip off. Customer support is poor. I did manage to get $45 refunded supposedly. If you want to get ripped off become a member because they will do it for you.

MyLife.com Company Profile