2.56/5

Need a background check company?

975 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2019

Zero stars this site is a scam. This site Contains defamatory, slanderous libelous 100% false information about me while using an actual photo of me, displays my actual full date of birth and home address. It says I have a poor rating and might be a sex offender. The site suggests they will “correct“ false information for a fee. There appears to be no way to delete this false info. This website needs to be taken down by the feds as slander and libel is a crime.

Original review: May 20, 2019

MyLife posted information about me that is nowhere close to accurate. To be honest it's not even worth the time to complain- hope people using this site do a search on themselves; then they'd be just as disgusted as other people are who've written complaints about this site.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Signed up for a limited trial. The premium report I was after included next to nothing, nearly every detail was "pending". Searched a few people I know very well, mostly family, and their info was incredibly broad if not wholly inaccurate. This company shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Original review: May 19, 2019

This site is an absolute irresponsible fraud company that floods the internet with false, fabricated and lies about people and my reputation score went down from 3.75 to 0.50 when I called to demand that they remove the false information they have posted about me. They have me living in an outrageously high number of places I NEVER LIVED! THEY HAVE ME LISTED AS A CRIMINAL AND A SEX OFFENDER AND I AM NEITHER!

They try to get you to pay them to correct the information they alone have online and they refuse to say specifically where they get this false libelous damaging information from. Their false fabricated information causes real damage to real people as the information is perceived as truthful and reliable where in fact it is not! Not only do they have false misleading information on the site about me, they have warnings about my family members that is also false and misleading without any way of clarifying that information.

They seek your money in exchange for removing information they know is false so I strongly suggest you make 3 calls, first to your state attorney generals office and file a firm complaint against this fraud of a company, 2nd to a lawyer to file defamation and slander lawsuits against this pos company and 3rd to this pos company directly and demand that they remove their entire file they have about you including your family members! These ** even have my children listed on this pathetic site! How dare they!

Original review: May 19, 2019

There are records associated with me that are not even me, someone with same name in Indiana, I have never had an affiliation to Indiana of any sort. They listed ‘damaging court records’... speeding tickets from almost 20 years ago. It is so ridiculous and entirely a scam. A damaging scam. Need to call and deactivate my account because this site is ludicrous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I sent a cease and desist letter when I discovered falsehoods. I am waiting to hear its response to my cease and desist letter. This company makes up "reputation scores" it posts on the internet and provides false information on those they profile. Customer service threatens in its intake message: "Your reputation is more important than your credit score." This outfit is like a Ransomware for reputations.

Original review: May 16, 2019

These insidious liars and fools posted false and very damaging information about me and 'my life' on their website! I have no idea just by what means or from whom they've obtained this malicious and damaging information but I intend to do whatever is required in order to expose these people and their apparent impunity to make public profile evaluations from data that is false and malicious and damaging to the social and financial reputation of those targeted.I would suggest to anyone to check out their own profile on this site and if any false information is found, pursue legal action in order to drive these malicious ** from social media.

Original review: May 15, 2019

This company is fake. They had mistakes on my report and I wanted to correct it. My reputation rating was 3.85. They asked me to be a member and pay a fee and I did. I forgot my passcode for online access and requested a new one. After signing in again, my reputation rating dropped from 3.85 to .75 within 2 minutes right in front of my own eyes. I called them and asked them to remove me from their sight. They charge you to correct information and once you do that the rating drops more than 3 points in 2 minutes?? They are a fraud. The good news is that you could call 888 704 1900 and demand to be opt-out. They will remove your profile if you demand.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been double charged for the $1 dollar trial period. The customer service queue is either fictitiously created or is insanely inaccurate - hold time has now been at least a half hour. Will call my bank to dispute the double billing. Also they listed an improper former address - and listed my mortgage balance of my home as its market value. Fear based marketing scheme. I would say clean up or leave the market. Potentially dangerous reporting company.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I tried to reach this company's Customer Service because my family members have been named (and defamed) on this site. We somehow became connected to a really evil woman because of our demented father's marriage to a woman who has an astonishingly GOOD rating on this site (Judith **). In spite of the 3 negative complaints about her, and her history of lies and financial deceit, this site actually gives her a "good" rating, while giving bad ratings for our dead relatives who have no history of deceit or legal issues. I could tell you a really TRAGIC story about what that woman did in such a greedy, deceitful, hideous way to her demented husband (deceased), his daughter and son-in law (both dead from a car accident in 2004), my husband and son (deceased) and our two nephews (raised by us since April 2005 because she "didn't sign up for them" when their parents were killed in a car crash).

We are now receiving mail at our home, addressed to her and her cheating son and it's sickening. When I phoned MyLife's customer service line, I was told I was #8 in their queue and it would be several minutes before being connected to a Customer Service rep. It went down to 2 minutes. I'm now #2 in the queue, and instead of being told my wait time was down to a couple of minutes, I'm hearing my wait time is going up -- now 11, 12, 13, 14 minutes.... IRONICALLY (not), while typing this note and being on HOLD for 31 minutes, I was told I was "next in line"...and then heard a "beep, beep, beep" showing that my call was disconnected. Do you think that was a coincidence?

Original review: May 13, 2019

According to MyLife, I am **. I have been ** since birth. Had no idea that changed? When I tried to contact them and tell them that Cedric ** isn't my relative, they wanted me to pay to have that info removed. What a joke.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have not solicited any of their help in anything! Nor do I need their help to contact or be contacted by anyone. If anyone wants to investigate me or find out anything about me, which isn't what this scam of an entity does, then hire a private investigator or other legitimate source. My classmates can find any pertinent information I choose for them to know! These guys should be in prison! What is our country waiting for?!? Below zero stars is what these guys should get. Shut them down!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I should have known it was a scam but the "data" they had on me was obviously wrong and I "bought" the $1.00 Trial - then I tried to remove the erroneous data and they wanted more money. I called them to cancel on 888-704-1900 and the Voice Response System "managed" me on queue playing bad music and trying to sell me services for 20 minutes until it was my turn and then I just got the fast busy signal. They hung up on me. I then called my bank and had the cancel the transaction and put my credit card on hold so MyLife could not post anymore charges. I really feel embarrassed and stupid for falling for this phony scam - please don't fall for it!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

This company posts anonymous and unverifiable information about people on their website and then charges a fee in order to have it removed. The fee is at times presented as a one time subscription but is then billed as a monthly. You have to call them between certain business hours with a long hold time in order to have the charges removed. Even when you reach them it can be very difficult to get your money back. I would join a class action lawsuit. Even after paying the fee the information was supposedly deleted but came right back upon refresh.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I did not know I was a ** man with a criminal background. All of this is news to me and now I guess I’ve got a explaining to do. What a joke site. Save your money folks! How could any company stay in business with such a lousy record as I see here.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I was dating a guy and he told me he found out the truth about me by running a background check on me through MyLife. It was my name and birth date mixed with so many other people. Said I was a sex offender and I've never been arrested a day in my life. I didn't even get my first driving ticket until I was 40 yrs old. Had both of my deceased parents listed as living relatives and me living in states I've never even visited. They also had my nationality wrong.

Needless to say I'm not dating that stupid idiot anymore. He was about as stupid as this company. If I had money I would get an attorney. This company is not only messing up lives they are putting people in danger. It makes me not want to have an internet presence at all. No one on MyLife has a good reputation. I'm waiting on a class action lawsuit. Where is Law and Order when you need it? Last time I checked extortion was a crime. I have to pay you to remove lies about me on the internet. We need to start educating people about this company. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!

Original review: May 13, 2019

This company is the second background search company that comes up when "back ground" is searched on google. However, much of the info. is wrong, & I see I'm not alone in this. If I could, I would give them 0 stars.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This company started out as myclassmates.com and was shutdown with a class action lawsuits and reemerged as mylife.com. They try to charge you to remove you from their site. They are putting us at danger putting our personal information out there and then want you to pay them to protect your information. SO WRONG! Call 888 704-1900 and insist they remove your information, tell them if they refuse you need a confirmation number so you can send this information to your Attorney General. After they come back and say they removed get their name and confirmation number. I did this on the 8th of May. They said 5 to 7 days, mine not down yet. Will be watching and if this didn't work I will be contacting AG.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Fake bio. Fake reputation scores. I was given a 2.38 out of 5 stars by a website that has me associated with people I don't know, doesn't take any of my very positive social Impact of my charity work, didn't even mention it. Basically makes me look like a shady individual with nothing but inaccurate information that you have to pay and join to have removed. What a crock. This is defamation and extortion all in one convenient website!

Original review: May 11, 2019

This site is a scam that plays on fear. I do not understand how they get such high search rankings being the bad company that they are. My information is wrong on that site and even though I corrected some of it, they continue to try and ruin my reputation. They need to be completely removed from the web!!!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I sent emails to get my information removed. They sent me an email back with instructions. YOU HAVE TO PAY!! Found a phone number. Told them they were extortionists! Apologized to the girl on the phone explaining that they were holding MY information and also FALSE information about me hostage. She did remove my account from their site. For those who need it their phone number is 1-(888)-962-7090. My info was down within 2 minutes of the phone call. If I could give this place -3000 stars I would.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I 100%+ agree with all of these reviews that other people have posted. This is absolutely the biggest scam and fake information! It is defamatory and illegal, and if I had the money for an Attorney right now I would go after them with everything I have. They should be shut down as they are illegally posting inaccurate information and flat out lying to get you to pay them so that you can see the information they dishonestly say they have. Don't even waste your time or be pulled in to this SCAM! Stay away from them and let's get them shutdown!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I signed up for a $1 trial, and was immediately billed not only the $1, but $71.40 for “Premium Membership”. I sent an email on Wednesday, was assigned a case number, and no one ever contacted me. I called today and they agreed to reverse the charge. We will see. In addition, the information for me is not correct. I would gladly join any class action law suit against them!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have to express my deepest frustration that this company would give false information on my identity, my relationships and affiliations. Then to add salt to the wound would rate my reputation. Contacting my Lawyer the Attorney General. I will be contacting the NSA about this matter.

Original review: May 10, 2019

They provide your name, age and city of address and then create a false bio and give you negative ratings that you can change if you pay them money. They allow anyone to take control of the site and change much of your bio. Should be class action suit against them for libel.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Forgot why I even signed up for this service, but had a very difficult time cancelling the $19.95 monthly fee after I saw that it was on my credit card for 4 months in a row. The people answering the phone have strong accents, so it is very hard to communicate with them.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I stumbled upon this site after googling my name and seeing a very old photo of me when I was pregnant. (Not even sure where they got that from!) When I went to the site, I saw extremely personal info posted such as my current and past addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, family members and then some very misleading alerts about a criminal or civil reports on my background. Ummmmm, I have NEVER been arrested in my life and the only civil case I have been involved in, I was the plaintiff! I'm pretty sure this is defamation of character and considered ILLEGAL!

I emailed the company asking them to remove all of my information and they wrote me back, refusing! They stated that the information is all gathered from public sources "for the purpose of helping people learn more about others for business, dating and other reasons." So, you're saying you are gathering my info so that people can stalk me? The ONLY way they will remove it is if I PAY THEM $12.95 per month to do so. I do not know how this is legal - someone please take this company down. Something needs to done to protect people's information and character without us having to pay for it.

Original review: May 9, 2019

MyLife has false and very old info in their files. It shows me related to a person who I've been divorced from over 35 years!! It says there is 1 review on me and gives a reputation score of 2.6 out of 5. REALLY!! I won't pay to find out what that review is all about as I'm certain it's bogus, written about another person or some wacky score that MyLife's service creates based on minimal and inaccurate data. MyLife you need to Get a Life and use current, accurate and meaningful data if you expect anyone to use or respect your database. If I could have put 0 stars, I would have!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

This website is fake. It first displays that there are certain issues with the person that was looked for, then in order to see it first website starts scanning for about 5 minutes, taking time with fake progress percentage displays, and then in order to see anything it asks to enter my full info, and after I enter my full info it asks for credit card, and the search that I spent 5 minutes for are all gone. I don't recommend investing into this website, it's fraud!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I do not intend to purchase this product. Found the website, saw all my personal data, date of birth, past residences, false information claiming that I had a criminal record and I do not. If I can figure out a way to sue them I would.

MyLife Company Information