2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.01/5

MyLife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Mylife.com IS A SCAM AND IS FRAUDULENT AND ILLEGAL! As everyone knows, this ** website has inaccurate information about them. It has inaccurate information about me! I want to be removed from their website. I want the website to be taken down. I want my refund! I know there is a lawsuit against Mylife.com and hope and pray that not only the website is shut down but the CEO, Jeffrey Tinsley, (jeff@mylife.com) has his "license" revoked.

They took $67.95 from my bank without my authorization. The representative I spoke to (outside of the USA) said there was a "computer glitch" that caused me to be charged - FRAUDULENTLY! I asked to be transferred to a representative inside the USA, and that request was flat-out denied! Anyone can go to anyone's "page" and alter/edit their personal information. ANYONE! I can go from being Christian to Atheist at any time by ANYONE who goes to my "page" and changes it!

This happened to me over the Summer! This cannot continue! When is someone going to take down this website and revoke this criminal's "license". I'm getting impatient! I have reported Mylife.com and CEO, Jeff Tinsley, to the BBB, FTC, CA Attorney General, CA Department of Consumer Affairs, etc., etc., etc. I am about to file my own lawsuit. I reported that not only did they fraudulently charge me $67.95 for which I requested a refund but STILL have not received one but also reported that the information they have about me is FALSE! I have emailed these criminals repeatedly about the refund and my personal information but get NO response! This is illegal! Do something!!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I have called MyLife and asked them to delete my information from their site. They said they would. They did not. All that happened is I continued to get even more spam stating I was affiliated with "two damaging" associates, negative personal reviews, sites with my info needing removal. Then they said two people were viewing my "reputation score". The obvious inference is, that those nasty damaging associates are after me, without actually saying it. I receive spam from them several times a week. When I call them to find out who or what, they says the file has been deleted, yet sends me more spam indicating it's not deleted. My Life was started in 2002 by Jeffery Tinsley and is now worth enough to fight any legal battles and pay anyone off with a settlement. In July 2020, the US Department of Justice filed lawsuit against them for their questionable business practices. Good for them!

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

MyLife is a scam that should be shut down. The first subscription basically gives you very little new information from what you see in the free section, so they try to scam you a second time by offering a premium membership for the information you thought you were getting with the first purchase. I cancelled my membership the same day I purchased, but still stuck for the initial membership cost. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

This is a scam. They really do nothing for you. You pay an expensive fee to "update" the file that they have about you, which they gathered from public sources. In this sense you might be able to explain something negative about your life, but they do not erase any public information as they say they would. Also, I tried to cancel my automatic renewal and they said that I did that that my account would be cancelled. So I had to write down when my subscription expires and go to their website and cancel before it renews. This is probably illegal. As long as you pay for a certain period of time you should be able to control whether you want automatic renewal or not. I am planning in filing a complaint with several government authorities to investigate this issue. In my opinion this is worthless service and nobody should use it.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I called MyLife to delete my profile, they would not stop selling me on signing up for their services to allegedly delete information from other areas of the web. Since I signed up with them, I get 5-10 spam texts and/or calls a day now. DO NOT give them any of your information.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I cancelled Mylife.com Sept. 2020 and have ref.# and Mylife.com sent me an email in an attempt to fraudulently debit money from my bank account. I called Mylife.com and reported the attempted fraud to my bank. That debit card was cancelled in Sept. as well. Mylife.com is a scam.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

No phone number or help desk, many discrepancies and will not accept corrections. Telling me there is another site like theirs who is giving out terrible information about me.. But I cannot remove, even though it’s not me! Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Signed up for 1 day. 10 days later I had a charge to my account. I had my cancellation #. Called today they said they would reimburse me. Going to bank and filing a fraud charge. Don't want more charges.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

In October, I wanted to check my background report. I signed up for the $1 three day trial, then canceled the auto renewal the next day. A couple of weeks later, I noticed a charge on my bank statement for $18.95. I thought maybe I made a mistake and didn’t cancel correctly so I thought to myself, oh well, no big deal. Now it’s November, and I had another charge of $18.95. Keep in mind, if you upgrade to premium, it’s only $8.95 per month for 12 months. So why have I been charged almost $40 and haven’t been able to view ANY information about myself!?

When I attempt to view my detailed report, it wants me to sign up for a premium account. So I called customer service and the woman I spoke with would not listen! She kept cutting me off and reading from whatever script was in front of her. I was informed if I want to view my profile, she would charge my account $50. Obviously I told her no since I have already been charged almost $40. She stated those charges were so I could search other people’s reports. I don’t want to search other people, I want to view MY information. Do not sign up for this scam. This company needs to be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

MyLife.com is a illegitimate company spreading lies. You must pay to delete what is supposed to be your true information. I'm surprised this company is still up and running considering there was a class action lawsuit started back in 2011. Do not believe any information you read on the website. I rate this company zero but Consumer Affairs has forced me to click on a star.

MyLife Company Information