2. Background Check Companies

1.8/5 (1639 ratings)

About MyLife

MyLife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: March 18, 2021

I went on MyLife one time but didn’t buy a subscription. They billed me 64.95 in February but I did get that back. On March 11, 2021 they billed me again for 19.95 and I called them the same day and was assured the money would be returned. I called again on the 17th and was told that my money would be returned. Instead of returning my money they charged 19.95 again. No one speaks good English so I have no idea where they are located. I have a confirmation number that I got today but still no money returned.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Okay, that's a joke? I was born in France, I live in France since my birth and never go to United States but by curiosity I search about myself. The exact age, the exact location, the exact social sites I'm in, but.. According to the sites, I was arrested in 2019. But I wasn't even there! So I have a criminal report, who doesn't even exist because I wasn't even there and I live in France. Wth.???

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

MyLife.com is a complete scam. They say that someone is searching for you so you pay a dollar. Then you still can't see who the person is because it's no one. A week later they hit your account 4 times with 4 different amounts. Please beware!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I have already requested four times for Mylife.com to remove my profile containing inaccurate and false information that can ruin my online reputation. I do not want my name connected with their site, but mylife.com refuse to delete my profile. How is this legal? How can they morally and ethically provide negative information regarding reputation scores when the company itself has terrible online reputation reviews? They are not credible, or a reliable source. Mylife.com is making money off hurting people’s online reputations. How are they helping? The more sites that post negative information, the easier it is to Google and find more negative information on someone.

Mylife.com needs to exposed, shut down, and held accountable for abusing their power online to make money off of people solely for their own personal gain. Are they a judicial system or a credit reporting agency? They are collecting information like “hearsay.” Most negative information is removed from a credit report after 7 years. How can they continue to report information that no longer even appears on someone’s credit report?? Just because someone was going through circumstantial difficulties, doesn’t mean it should not define their entire life and online reputation. A website needs to be developed for the sole purpose of exposing and reporting websites who provide negative online reputation information. See how they like it having their company’s reputation scrutinized online? Not sure how a company can give out reputation reviews, when mylife.com is one of the most hated online sites out there. Shame on you!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Mylife.com IS A SCAM AND IS FRAUDULENT AND ILLEGAL! As everyone knows, this ** website has inaccurate information about them. It has inaccurate information about me! I want to be removed from their website. I want the website to be taken down. I want my refund! I know there is a lawsuit against Mylife.com and hope and pray that not only the website is shut down but the CEO, Jeffrey Tinsley, (jeff@mylife.com) has his "license" revoked.

They took $67.95 from my bank without my authorization. The representative I spoke to (outside of the USA) said there was a "computer glitch" that caused me to be charged - FRAUDULENTLY! I asked to be transferred to a representative inside the USA, and that request was flat-out denied! Anyone can go to anyone's "page" and alter/edit their personal information. ANYONE! I can go from being Christian to Atheist at any time by ANYONE who goes to my "page" and changes it!

This happened to me over the Summer! This cannot continue! When is someone going to take down this website and revoke this criminal's "license". I'm getting impatient! I have reported Mylife.com and CEO, Jeff Tinsley, to the BBB, FTC, CA Attorney General, CA Department of Consumer Affairs, etc., etc., etc. I am about to file my own lawsuit. I reported that not only did they fraudulently charge me $67.95 for which I requested a refund but STILL have not received one but also reported that the information they have about me is FALSE! I have emailed these criminals repeatedly about the refund and my personal information but get NO response! This is illegal! Do something!!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I have called MyLife and asked them to delete my information from their site. They said they would. They did not. All that happened is I continued to get even more spam stating I was affiliated with "two damaging" associates, negative personal reviews, sites with my info needing removal. Then they said two people were viewing my "reputation score". The obvious inference is, that those nasty damaging associates are after me, without actually saying it. I receive spam from them several times a week. When I call them to find out who or what, they says the file has been deleted, yet sends me more spam indicating it's not deleted. My Life was started in 2002 by Jeffery Tinsley and is now worth enough to fight any legal battles and pay anyone off with a settlement. In July 2020, the US Department of Justice filed lawsuit against them for their questionable business practices. Good for them!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

MyLife is a scam that should be shut down. The first subscription basically gives you very little new information from what you see in the free section, so they try to scam you a second time by offering a premium membership for the information you thought you were getting with the first purchase. I cancelled my membership the same day I purchased, but still stuck for the initial membership cost. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

This is a scam. They really do nothing for you. You pay an expensive fee to "update" the file that they have about you, which they gathered from public sources. In this sense you might be able to explain something negative about your life, but they do not erase any public information as they say they would. Also, I tried to cancel my automatic renewal and they said that I did that that my account would be cancelled. So I had to write down when my subscription expires and go to their website and cancel before it renews. This is probably illegal. As long as you pay for a certain period of time you should be able to control whether you want automatic renewal or not. I am planning in filing a complaint with several government authorities to investigate this issue. In my opinion this is worthless service and nobody should use it.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I called MyLife to delete my profile, they would not stop selling me on signing up for their services to allegedly delete information from other areas of the web. Since I signed up with them, I get 5-10 spam texts and/or calls a day now. DO NOT give them any of your information.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I cancelled Mylife.com Sept. 2020 and have ref.# and Mylife.com sent me an email in an attempt to fraudulently debit money from my bank account. I called Mylife.com and reported the attempted fraud to my bank. That debit card was cancelled in Sept. as well. Mylife.com is a scam.

MyLife Company Information