2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

MyLife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I rate this online scam zero stars. I emailed the company several times about the information in my profile and that more than half the info was incorrect. I has a subscription for many months until a month ago I had enough so I canceled, so I thought. Monday I checked and not only was it still active but they charged me as well. Sent another email, went to website cancel again. A few hours later I check and I find that my reputation score is now a zero (BAD) and 19 felonies have been added! If that isn't bad enough I look around and find something very specific from my contact list that I named something off the wall along with two humans from my list. They gave my object a profile, the odds of another person with this off the wall name being in their contact list I'm sure is zero, I didn't give it to them so how did they acquire this? There is so many other issues but not enough room here to type it all. I am going to do something about this.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Signed up for the trial day pass and did my search. The same day, canceled by subscription. They charged my debit card for $45. They have said they would refund me. I will definitely be more careful in the future.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Signed up for 3 day trial on 9/16/20. Canceled THE SAME DAY within 15 mins. On 10/6/20, I went through my emails to find the receipt for the $1 charge and couldn't find the receipt, my "welcome" email one usually gets when they join any membership, nor the cancellation email. I also saw that they had renewed at $18.95 on 9/24/20. I AGAIN cancelled the auto renew and I called. Asked why I didn't receive emails, she didn't have an answer. Asked why they weren't showing my cancellation from 9/16, she had no answer. She said she was cancelling my auto-renew. When I explained I had just done it online, she said she didn't see that I'd done it.

My next logical question was "if you don't see my cancellation from today, wouldn't it make sense that you also didn't see the one from 9/16, therefore something is wrong with your website and I should be refunded?" No answer. Spoke with supervisor who also gave me the runaround, non answers, and even raised his voice with me. Basically, it's a scam. Nowhere does it say you must call to cancel as it has the "cancel" option right on the website. Beware!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

This site has emailed me that I have criminal record and it's Supposedly posted on their site. I have never had and criminal record ever. They wanted me to pay money to remove it. When I called their 1-888 number I again was told I could pay 19.99 to remove my profile then told I could pay 1 roller. I said I refuse to pay to have my personal and false information removed and finally the lady said it would be removed. I don't appreciate being told that other websites also have my name and world wide info and that if it's incorrect it's not their fault and my name is being used and if I pay for it it can be removed. I believe this to be fraud. I'm not happy and I think if they can't get their information correct they should be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I sign up for a 30 day free trial. Never found any info on the people I searched for. Then the $18/mo charges appeared on my credit card. I just finished my 3rd call to get charges stopped. Appears to be a scam.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Updated on 08/23/2020: I just got off the phone, calling Mylife to remove me from their forum. I was asked why and I explained, there are numerous mistakes on my profile and I had attempted to correct them thru the website AND calling. A year later, the information is still 20+ years out of date and remains inaccurate. Upon calling just now, the representative apologized, said they gather information from public records and I asked, then how is it that EVERY OTHER site has my information correct, WITHOUT notification?!?! After a few minutes, he said I was removed... I asked how, since I never gave my name! I then asked for a supervisor and were told none were available (typical for a scam site)! I asked WHEN they would be available and was told “in an hour”. I said “over lunch break”, there is NO ONE currently in charge?

I’m 53 and that whole conversation was an insult to my intelligence! I told him I understand how business works and he had already lied to me and I’m not about to give him my name.. I WANT TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR!!!! He then put me on hold. I made note of the time, hung up, called back and immediately asked for a supervisor. After getting the run around a second time, I was put thru to an individual who called herself “Vhie”. After her introduction, I said I was recording the call for security purposes... She became belligerent and said I could not record the call. I explained I wasn’t YET, but they were recording ME, so why could I not record THEM (unless it is a SCAM, SCAM, SCAM)!!!! I was hung up on.

Original Review: I have given this site the benefit of the doubt two separate times. The first time I was SHOCKED to see that this site has me living at an address that is over 20 years old! My ‘reputation score’ was also rated using my apartment neighbors. I own my home and so do my neighbors. I called them and gave them the updated, correct information. On a number of mistakes. I never saw the updates to my profile. I cancelled and tried again a year later. The same information persisted and I called them back. They said as long as you are PAYING for access, they will change the info, but once you cancel, they reverse all the information you have corrected. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! I am attempting to give them no stars, but if I have to give something, they don’t deserve ONE STAR, 1/2 STAR, ANYTHING! Perpetuating false information is absolutely wrong!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2020

MyLife first tells us we have bad items in our report, then offers 3-day trial for $1.00 which converts to an annual subscription if not cancelled. Problem is MyLife intentionally makes it really difficult to cancel. A fake, scam company Really should be totally illegal.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I was drawn to me My Life site because I was interested in background on an arrested criminal in our area. After clicking through and waiting 10 minutes or so for the site to presumably be gathering all this information that exists for this individual, all the while giving me hope that this and that and the other was found, at the end of all that it required me to sign up in order to get the report. I signed up for the $1 for 3 days service, and expected the report to be sent to me or made available to be online immediately after sign up was completed. No such thing happened! And when I put the same name in after being signed into the site, the report came back very quickly indicating no information could be found. Pure scam!

That was yesterday. I then searched the internet for reviews, and found the reviews on this ConsumerAffairs site. Many of you have talked about getting billed after the 3 days even though you had requested your account be deactivated. I also tried to deactivate my account after reading those reviews. you can't do it online -- it makes you think you can, but ultimately it says call a number to deactivate.

Having read your reviews, I took a different approach. First, I froze my credit card account to protect myself against what your reviews say has happened to you. Then after thinking about it for a while, I wondered if my life would keep trying to bill me even two or three weeks down the road, after I'm probably will have unfrozen my credit card account. So I decided the safest thing was to report my credit card lost or stolen and just get a new credit card. That's what I've done, even though now I've got a bunch of work to update the new credit card to all of my automatic bill pay creditors.

Also, rather than call the my life phone number to ask them to deactivate my account, I sent an email to their membership email address, and said that I'm sending this email so that I can give it to my attorney if they do not honor my request to deactivate or delete if possible my account. I received an email response this morning from a person named "Jo A." in their membership department saying my profile has been deleted, and I will be able to verify that by attempting to log in after 24 hours. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Original review: June 24, 2020

They intentionally publish incorrect information about you, in order to get you to pay money to change it. I have unsubscribed and yet they keep emailing me. They were exposed as a scam years ago, so they should be shut down.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Checked on another person I am related to false information, untrue information, wrong information then was charged twice!! This site should be shut down for the worst fact checks on a person background and anything else related to people check.

MyLife Company Information