1.00/5
Based on 159 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a background check company?

615 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

I was playing on computer and decided to pop my name in search engine to see what others could see. So much false info. Wrong relatives, wrong income, AND IN RED HIGHLIGHT; IT IS NOTED THAT I HAVE A CRIMINAL AND ARREST RECORD, BANKRUPTCIES, LIENS, PARKING TICKETS, and a negative personal score rating of fair based on 1 person review? WTF? Are you kidding me? Any class action lawsuits going on? I am pissed off.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My experience with this ‘company’ has been the same as everyone else. False information posted online, then an attempt to force you to join in order to ‘update’ the page. They purposefully portray you in a bad light in order to pay to join due to the embarrassment. As stated before, the information they provide is completely FALSE, and when you call to tell them to remove you from their site, it’s a runaround and nothing is done. They’ve also added a ‘review’ section, and anyone can post anything they want about you for everyone to see. Pathetic. I’ve tried reasoning with the scumbags who run this site to no avail, leaving me no choice but to pursue a class action lawsuit against them. Anyone who is interested in joining me, or anyone who has already taken steps to file a lawsuit against this sham of a company, please contact me through here.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 18, 2018

I have basically had similar experiences as all the others. This company puts false information about the individual and for me, they have my previous marriage's last name as the one they contact me about because I was once known as that name. BEWARE of this company and delete or spam their emails. DO NOT click on to go to the site. It is always false information, possibly for another person with your same name that lives in another part of the world. I also agree they should be brought down for misinforming the public and the defamation they do against innocent people. When you see an email show up from them, run as far away as you can from it online [so to speak] and NEVER believe what they are saying.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Same experience as everyone else: This company makes up fake "facts" and markets them to unsuspecting consumers. They have me written up as having a criminal background, with an arrest record, liens, and court cases against me which do not exist & never have; When I tried to get the false/slanderous "information" removed, they force you to "join"/pay them, an attempt to try to get any real information on you that they can, like your email address... This has GOT to be illegal; MyLife.com is a blackmail based scam. If you contact them and attempt to complain or get records corrected so they are accurate, you will suddenly find your profile "changed and live", meaning they will make up additional fictitious "facts" about you!! UNBELIEVABLE.

Original review: July 10, 2018

This company puts out false information and when you ask to have the false information removed, the only way to get it removed is to pay them. Extortion. They need to be taken down by a class action lawsuit. People do not give this scammer of a company your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: July 9, 2018

They have scammed me left and right. Have asked to remove me since April and they have not. Claimed to remove me from sites they have found and now I am getting second requests on same company which they claimed in 7-10 days would be done. They are sending me reviews on neighbors and family and recommend that I check their backgrounds. Not interested. I sent them the following on July 3rd 2018.

I had already sent a removal request in weeks ago. Why are you sending me duplicates? Also, please do not send me alerts about checking out my neighbors and friends. Their status is none of my business. They are entitled to their privacy. Your company is encouraging terrible practices which is extremely discouraging. You encourage gossip and destruction of People’s lives by subtle comments to your members to check on people even if it is ‘public’ info.

You are taking it a step further. I want to let you know that I am going to take this case for legal advice and proceed on recommendations from legal. Preying on people who are beat down is heinous. Their lives are already in shambles and you add to their humiliation. You offer to publish the circumstances surrounding the situation from them, the whys etc. They don’t owe you a damn thing! It’s their life. Having to constantly defend themselves to people like you? Really? To people like you who don’t have a conscience? Hilarious!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Do not let this company get your credit card! This is a repository for everything ever written about you on the internet. If there is nothing written, they make it up and post it under "anonymous" so that you pay them to take it off. This is libel folks and illegal! Anyone wanting to join me on a class action suit, write to me here.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My patient killed herself after she told me that MyLife.com put all her personal information online which allowed a Stalker to find her again after she worked so hard with the police to get away from him. This is so serious and unacceptable! MyLife.com is also scam in so many ways. It puts all your personal information out for the world to see and then they tell you if you want to fix your profile you need to pay money and then you can control what people say about you. That's a lie. When I called them to complain they said that I needed to be patient while they did their work. Well, they never did anything. How can it be allowed and legal for them to put all that personal information about people. Please powerful, wealthy, peoples, attorneys... shut MyLife.com down!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

It is scary to see what information MyLife has about one person. To top it off, now anyone can give a "Rating or Review." According to MyLife... This is GOLD! With my profession, I do not want my family members names or address out there for any 'John Q' public to see. I placed a call to MyLife two weeks ago to delete my profile. Spoke to the representative there who said, " No problem, we will do it immediately. It will take up to 4 business days for the MyLife Information to fully delete from our system. Your confirmation number is: **." I documented everything when I checked the web today to find that the profile was still up. I placed another phone call to the MyLife Headquarters and spoke with a rep who tried to tell me that, my account was deleted already.

No... try this again. Especially since, I am looking at it now as, I am speaking to her. The Rep then, wanted to rebuttal me saying that, 'their system is having difficulties and it would be two weeks before my profile could be deleted.' I reminded her, "That is not what I was promised, two weeks ago the first time I called and asked to speak to a Manager." That is when the Rep decided to tell me... "He was on another call and I should call back in a week." My response was, 'I had all of the time in the world to hold and your system was not my problem. I can hold for him. Get him." She proceeded to place me on hold to check every two mins to say... "Ma'm, He is still on a call with another Customer. Can you call back next week?" Still my reply was the same. "I have all the time in the world. I can hold." Again, she placed me on hold for another 15 -20 mins to check on me saying "He is still on a phone call" and with my response the same.

Finally, a Manager by the name of "Radar" picked up the phone to introduce himself as I proceed to tell him... "I called two weeks ago to have this account deleted. You all have failed to live up to what you've promised and I want this account deleted. What you have is, annoyances coming on to MyLife claiming to give "Ratings and Reviews" of People as what you advertise. This is NOT GOLD. You It is GOSSIP. This account is over 10 years old. I want it removed as promised two weeks ago." He proceeded to tell me that, "Their system was down and it was deleted. However, it is in the cache and there inlays the problem. That the account should be top priority within the next 7 days." This Company is nothing but a scam who cannot run a business. Who practices shady business practices.

Original review: July 4, 2018

As of yesterday, my husband has had to remove his name and address 22 times in the past 3 years from mylife.com. My husband's previous employment with the DoD makes him a target. We have explained this to mylife.com representatives over and over again and with multiple emails. Now the problem is compounded by Google Cache and their technical inability to promptly update their cached webpage data. My husband and I both feel threatened and exposed and feel that once notified it is mylife.com's responsibility to ensure that our information stays permanently off of their website regardless of where they get the information from. If anyone is going to sue mylife.com over this please include us.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Consumer Affairs should shut down MyLife! This company is not only aiding and abetting in bullying and abuse but also exploiting vulnerable people such as elders who believe the false reports of people looking for them and hoping to reunite with loved ones only to be bilked for money based on a clever marketing ploy of luring or scaring people into membership. Victims of domestic violence, stalking, and bullying are being further victimized by discovering former abusers named as being "family" on profiles due to former marriages; This has happened to me. Also, many females in public are stalked and harassed, and MyLife's shameful lack of strategy related to protecting at-risk persons from further harassment is appalling.

Like others here have stated, requests for one's record to be removed from MyLife are not being handled with permanent removal - I've seen mine repopulate. This is a very serious matter. Likewise, for those of us facing bias due to age, having our DOB broadcast on an internet search for our name is really unhelpful, as plenty of today's HR and PR staffers are 'googling' potential employees and associates - and it's a social science fact that ageism can and does affect employment processes in some sectors.

Personally, I discovered that a former legal name I had due to an abusive short marriage over 25 years ago is being broadcast on the internet with no regard to the fact of its impact on a survivor. Public records are now being shouted from the mountaintops by brokers such as MyLife - not just 'made available' for a fee. There's a difference.

And I've recently learned through reading comments here that if long lost abusers or recently avoided stalkers or some other weirdo, decide to try to harass me - MyLife allows anonymous comments to be lodged onto profiles! This is an egregious situation. Information brokers like MyLife are exploiting digital records in order to bully people into paying them money. MyLife's parasitic treatment of the public and manipulation of vulnerable people should be thoroughly exposed and shut down. This is in dire need of regulation on behalf civil rights.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I googled my name on MyLife and there was an anonymous unfavorable posts about me. I don't even have an subscription to MyLife and called to delete my profile. They told me they would, then several months later my information was back on the website. I called again and they said it will be deleted but I do not trust them and will monitor this ongoing. I asked MyLife how they could allow random people to go on their site and anonymously post whatever they wanted to try and ruin someone's reputation. They just said they protect the person saying the anonymous posts from being exposed.

So this website fosters bullying and allows anonymous posts from lying cowards that if their name would be exposed they would not do such criminal behavior. This website should be shut down and they should be sued along with each and every coward hiding behind words aiming for character assassination. READ THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS AS IT IS RAMPANT. Protect the innocent not the cowardly crook.

Original review: June 18, 2018

MyLife has reported that I have a criminal history. It shows that I was charged with Forcible Entry. The case that they are referencing is a Mortgage Foreclosure, NOT A CRIMINAL CASE. I have asked them to correct this information but no reply. I may have to seek a lawsuit against them. Maybe a class action suit with many of you complaining here.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This site has me as the president of some Mccary Enterprises. The problem with that is that I've never even heard of this company, and don't really know if it exists or not. The most inaccurate information that I've ever seen.

Original review: June 11, 2018

IMHO do not rely on this site for any accurate information. The information they had on me was highly inaccurate, and I am not sure the source of it. I have also looked up information summaries on other people which are inaccurate as well. I believe this site should be shut down because I don't know what purpose it serves other than to take your money.

Original review: June 6, 2018

They don't even have my high school correct. They state that I have liens and bankruptcies against me. That is also incorrect information. And, they have felt free to publish my birthday! Does anyone know who we contact to shut the site down?

Original review: May 29, 2018

This is a company that baits its victims with the threat of potentially threatening misinformation about them and holds it for ransom for an exuberant amount, only for the potential victim to learn that there was never really any threatening information at all. It is a an absolute con. I'm surprised this company hasn't been sued underground, but I'm certain it is coming.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I google my name on MyLife only to find out that there was an anonymous unfavorable posts about me that were hurtful. I don't even have an subscription. I called MyLife and asked them if they would delete my profile. They told me they would, but it would take days on some sites. I called again to make sure and apparently there were still sites open. I am not trusting them to delete my profile. I asked MyLife how they could allow random people to go on their site and anonymously post whatever they wanted to try and ruin someone's reputation. They just said they can and didn't care. This is bullying and should not be allowed.

Original review: May 26, 2018

When I Google my name they put low score on my profile for everyone to see. Also they assure that I have criminal records and bad credit leans for everyone to see also insinuating other bad records which is very unfair and untruth. They ask for a credit card and give basic information which is also false advertising because they keep asking for more money if people want more details, the page has horrible reviews everyone. One es scoring them with the lowest point the company is not a credit should be out of business and punish for unethical.

Original review: May 21, 2018

What a shady and useless company. What kind of people allow anonymous reviews of a person's life. Posting the scores for all to see as if these are real people with real names that know the person they are trashing. It is shameful and disgusting this is even allowed to operate just to make money off this crap!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I stumbled across this site and discovered there was a profile for me that had been created. In reading through it, I discovered that someone anonymously posted a slanderous comment about me that was not only false but was heinous. In order to research this more, I had no choice but to subscribe to a premium account so I could investigate what else was there. I immediately contacted MyLife, asked how this was allowed to happen and they confirmed that they do in fact allow people to post whatever they want about you, without any type of verification, and do not flag any inappropriate or hateful comments. Beware! They immediately offered to refund the amount I paid for my subscription, and deleted the profile entirely. I am happy they did that, but it does not resolve this dangerous flaw in their site. Once again, beware!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was researching criminal activity on my granddaughter's father; I knew of three priors and was checking for additional ones. They charged me twice to get the "premium" package (i.e. criminal records). The search came up with NO criminal activity, ever, even though his most current run-in was less than six months ago. They also rated him "good" even though he has no job, no place to live, is using drugs and is over a year behind in child support payments. The information was worse than knowing nothing: it implied that he is a solid member of the community and can be trusted. Their "customer service" is a joke.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was shocked to see 100% false claims when I did a search on myself. I actually called them to ask how they get away with this and all they wanted to talk about was signing me up $$ so I could go in and "fix" my public profile. The rep was reading his script and continued to avoid my questions. Then he tried to sweeten the deal and said he could give me a special 30% discount to sign up just because I called. All he cared about was the money. This man and his site need to be brought down. I was happy to read that efforts are being made to do this. What it comes down to is a man and his scam to get money from good people and he obviously doesn't have a problem with creating blatant lies to do so.

Original review: May 13, 2018

When I subscribed to Mylife.com, I asked for information on a person I have known for about 30 years, but did not have the person's current status. Mylife.com had the person's name and age correct, but they said the person was single and I knew for a fact the person had been married for thirty years and is still married. Mylife.com also gave a bogus email address and did not list any relatives which was totally bogus because I know of the person's husband, daughters, son, and mother: all living. I spent $18. 95 for one month of Mylife.com service, and I realize now it was a scam. Sorry: no order number, receipt, or images. Order was placed on 5-8-2018 for a charge of $18.95.

Original review: May 7, 2018

In a red flag the site says there is negative information regard to legal action. This is impossible and I'm required to pay to get specifics which I refuse to do. I'm filing a police report for harassment and a complaint to state Atty General.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have previously asked this company (one of MANY) to remove any and all information regarding my name and any forms of it. It was removed... Temporarily. I found my name AGAIN with even more inaccuracies. I have ONCE AGAIN asked to be removed, PERMANENTLY! They, once again, DO NOT have ANY of my permission and/or consent and have been told so, at least TWICE.

I also found “Debbie ** in Belvidere, Il. Birthdate: **.” on their lists. This woman has been deceased since 1989, nearly 29 years ago she passed away. Yet, they are still trying to “sell” and/or “advertise” her personal information, or misinformation. (Mostly misinformation, similar to mine again right now.) How can THAT even be legal? I made copies of her entire file. I find this REPUGNANT AND REPULSIVE business behavior and find it even harder to believe this would be legal. I find this “company” is truly slanderous, deplorable, etc., among many other unfavorable adjectives. I “thought” we as American Citizens had a RIGHT to our privacy?! This once again, makes me feel VERY unsafe!

Original review: May 3, 2018

My only "crimes" in life have been a couple of traffic tickets (I've been driving a long time) and 1 divorce. I have never filed for bankruptcy or had liens and I've certainly never been arrested. How does MyLife get away with claiming on the first search result page that they found criminal or arrest records for me? That's liable, and it sounds like they do this for a lot of people (probably gets them a lot of purchases of bogus reports). It's criminal.

Original review: April 30, 2018

My issues are just like the rest. I signed up to look for an old friend's phone number and the MyLife came up. Got sucked in and didn’t even know I was creating a account that would be charged monthly. Most of the information is inaccurate, and when I called to cancel them I asked to speak to someone in America and they hung up on me. Called again and was able to get the charges reversed. This company is a scam.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I have encountered the same issues as the other reviews listed. Interestingly, sometimes when I would search my name it came up as GOOD, and other times it states I have a criminal record and is POOR. Now, if this is the case, you cannot tell me their information is inaccurate. In addition, I worked in healthcare for 20 plus years where they do a background check every 6 months, so ultimately, this falsifying information should be enough to sue these people. Totally bizarre. It's so sad this is what the world has chosen as our new norm, that in itself IS poor character on their part.

Original review: April 28, 2018

This site came up when I was looking for information about my ex husband. The information provided by www.mylife.com is inaccurate. It has me as having a bad reputation, having a criminal history, a nursing career. I could go on and on. How do they get away with this malicious slandering of people?

MyLife Company Information