1.00/5
Based on 106 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a background check company?

MyLife

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

543 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I started receiving emails from MyLife in 2015 telling me things like my information is exposed or some new background information has been added that may impact my life. I ignored them because in my line of work I have many background checks done, at least two or more per year, so I knew it was a scam when I read the emails. Today I received an email that made it sound like they’ve found liens, judgements and criminal records on me, which I knew not to be true, and I needed to log in to correct my information. These people are using scare tactics to get us to fork out money to them and they’re ruining our reputations!

After reading the reviews, I definitely didn’t attempt to go to the website thanks to all of the warnings from others. I’m currently looking for work and I’m concerned smaller companies, who don’t have the resources, will run background checks on potential employees and run across this site and believe this crap! What is being done about this company and why is it taking so long for them to finally be shut down?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

They are just trying to rip money off of you. AVOID this like the plague. Wrong info. and when you try to correct it or see 'MORE INFORMATION' they ask for more money. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Decided to look myself up on the internet and got the shock of my life when I visited my "MyLife" profile page and saw that I have a criminal record... little old me, who's never even gotten a ticket for jaywalking. All the other information in the report was inaccurate and just plain messed up, including listing a woman I've never even heard of as one of my relatives. I really didn't care about any of the inaccuracies all that much, except for the criminal record thing which could DESTROY my reputation, but the web page wouldn't even allow me to view whatever "records" they supposedly had.

I called their "customer support" number and the girl told me that she couldn't even see what these records were(!) and the only way I could find out what they supposedly had on me would be to subscribe to their "service" for $14.95 a month. I promptly told her that her company was going to get sued unless this slander was removed, and those must have been the magic words, because she said she would remove the information from my profile. She did even better than that, because when I went back to their webpage 5 minutes later, my entire profile was gone.

My parting advice for the customer support girl was to find another job because she's working for a bunch of criminals. This is obviously a scam, seeding people's profiles with damaging inaccuracies, and then extorting money from the victims to "correct" the record. I can see from all the other complaints here that I am not the only victim. These criminals really need to be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I think this company should be shut down. They try to con you into paying for membership to have fake info (that they put on there) about you removed! I wouldn't know if there are any fake criminal records etc about me on there because I refuse to pay them anything! What I mostly have an issue with is that they have my name and info on their website and are withholding it unless I pay them! I don't want my name in searches but they steal info and make it impossible to remove! Even if you do choose to pay they still won't let you fully remove everything, they just let you alter whats public. I believe your name, age, and city/state all have to remain public regardless. It should honestly be illegal. Looking into class action lawsuits immediately!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

75% of the info they list for me is wrong or inaccurate. I did NOT set up the account and don't know where they get their information, but I have NEVER used most of the alias's they list, I have absolutely no criminal history, and my credit score is excellent. It is a shame that they may ruin my reputation due to their false information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I was coerced to join in order to edit content about my own existence--which is a kicker in itself. The public profile says I have an arrest or criminal record! I was like, WHAT??? So they said I had to join in order to change it or to delete it. I did, it never got deleted. I am seriously thinking about suing them for libel. When I did join, and found out more information about my so called criminal activity, it included a docket number and the city it was attached to. Do you know what it was--A non-criminal traffic ticket from twenty years ago that I had to appear in traffic court for--because that's what you had to do before the internet came about!!!! I'm seriously thinking about suing them, so if you want to sue them too, perhaps we can try to do this together.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Erroneous information. Relatives I never knew I had. Places I never knew I lived. Scare tactics that I have lawsuits and liens everywhere. Oh my! The only way to edit this libelous, slanderous information is to pay them 119.00!! I have filed a complaint with the FTC. If there is another class action lawsuit against these people I will be on the bandwagon. There has to be a law against a company slandering people's reputations with no basis in fact!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I signed up for one month with MyLife.com only to find that when the next month came around, there was a recurring charge on my account without my authorization. I have tried calling them countless times only to never have my call answered, and forget attempting to email them as they send only automated messages. I wish I had researched this company before testing them out, otherwise I wouldn't have signed up for this. Please, if you find MyLife.com, do not try it. They are scammers. You can't even deactivate your account with them without calling which again runs you into the issue of them never answering.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Never had an interest in MyLife until I saw 'criminal' records, bankruptcies, etc... When I checked it out...they want to charge me a fee, to see records that are completely fake. Never had a felony arrest or conviction, no bankruptcies. Glad I'm of an age (69 next month) where this kind of garbage information can't really hurt me. Financially sound and retired and living good...BUT! This is akin to today's "Fake News". A pure BS site designed to snag you into buying their product to remove "fake" information and downright lies about you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I logged onto the site investigating to see if they had accurate information on me (some was, some wasn't and it was fairly incomplete) and to springboard from that to joining to use them as an aid in my genealogy project. Evaluating them as of little use for my purposes is declined when I came to the billing page, so I have never been registered with them.

Nonetheless I received annoying messages from them and continue to do so. They do not appear to me as a site with decent ethical standards. The link to unsubscribe from their spam brings up a message saying the link doesn't work. I clicked on another link to unsubscribe and brought up a form I filled out, only to find they wanted $35 to unsubscribe to what I never subscribed for. After dropping out of that wild goose chase I got another message, from them not someone else, offering me a chance to unsubscribe at a discounted rate. I take that to mean their $35 dollar offer was to bleed as much as they can without honestly offering what they might accept. (I have not followed that link or waited to see if they will send yet another message with a lower still charge). Whether these people are dishonest or not I leave up to you but their standard of ethics doesn't set a very high bar in my opinion which includes them in the dishonest column.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

This site is absolutely awful. There are a number of inaccuracies on this report; particularly a bogus "criminal record" on my file, which is nonexistent. If any employers or partners consider this page accurate information, this can be extremely damaging to a person's reputation. Without consumers' consent, this should be taken down. I am going to contact an attorney about this immediately.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This company has been posting false background information on me. When I contacted them to remove it they told me I would have to pay them a fee before they could that. How is this even legal. It's extortion. Now they keeping sending me emails stating that there is negative reports on me and if I send them money they will remove it. WTH.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Who is this scam organization? Must be Russian because not one piece of information is correct. A relative listed is an ILLEGAL WHO STOLE MY PURSE. My reputation is poor yet they have nothing to support this that is legit (1 review) which I can't see. Spelling of my last name is incorrect, relatives are not even close and nicknames??? Who says? I see that they are a scam organization but nothing is being done about it. Ironic. Here's another review that's "poor".

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Startling red warning flag and banner indicate that I might be a criminal, OH MY! Completely and totally irresponsible company. I’m a retired LEO and was mystified by alleged criminal activity as reported on Mylife.com INC. I contacted my local PD and requested a 10-28 / 10-29 be ran with my CDL information. WOW, wouldn’t you know it, NOTHING, go figure. How can a company, Mylife.com INC. play games with hundreds upon thousands of individual lives. Forget trying to edit, opt-out or just request a redaction. It’s strictly a money issue with this company. Our elderly generation are particularly vulnerable as this company, Mylife.com INC., preys upon them as well.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Beware of MyLife.com! I stumbled across this website and quickly discovered that they were reporting false information about me and many people I know!!! Saying we had criminal records, liens, lawsuits, etc! ALL 100% FAKE! I called them immediately to have the false information removed from the site. They demanded that I pay them before I could have access to or alter the information. This is extortion! They are spreading lies, putting people's reputations in question, and then charging them to make it stop. I didn't pay them. I argued with enough of their "customer service" staff that they finally removed my profile from the site.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I am not sure how I ended up here but naturally I decided to check out my name. Arrest record, Lawsuit or lien record? 100% Inaccurate. Looks like a lot of people have the same thing to say. Don't bother with this website.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

MyLife.com - I can't recall how I got to their site, but when I put in my name and address, a generic report came up on me on a few places I've lived, and a red star under the criminal/court report came up saying I had something in that category. Oh my God, what??? But after reading some of the reviews on here, I see that it is a BS company and I shouldn't stress about it, but still... it's not cool and this can cause a lot of damage to my reputation. I have sent an email to them tonight, saying that if this false item does not come off my records in their system, then I will be forced to go to the Atty General and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. How this company is allowed to spread such false information legally baffles me!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This extortion company charges you to remove your personal and false information from their website, they ask for a credit card number to verify your identity online, or a form mailed in notarized with your personal information and state ID. No way am I giving this scam company more personal information so they can steal my identity further. This company needs to be shut down. They also stole my picture of me that were not for public use and have my personal image on their website without MY PERMISSION TO USE IT! We need a serious lawsuit against these scammers. We should not have to pay to remove lies and our own unauthorized use of our personal pictures!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This website says it has compiled data for a given person, however, on a basic search it is false information and it looks bad with no actual facts to back up claims, unless you want to pay for the information or you have to claim your account. Not just my account but others I have checked. I followed the instructions given by them to remove my information over 6 months ago. The information is still showing. This website should be taken down and the company fined for misleading the public and falsified records and misleading and damaging "may have a report or arrest records" when indeed that person does not have any such records. They are just doing this to get someone to pay to look up this information when indeed that person never had "may have a report or arrest record". This is wrong, immoral and disgusting and it abuses the public/consumer.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I am a stalking victim and need to have my personal information hidden. MyLife tricked me into a "membership" with which it said hide my information, which I discovered a) did not work as described and b) I didn't even really need. Furthermore, when I called to cancel the "membership," I was put on suspiciously long holds and the operator became argumentative with me. This is a horrible company. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I came across this when I was checking out a person's history so I thought I'd see how my personal record looked and sure enough they have given me a fake criminal history. I see other people have had the same problem and I figured it's like a Mexican prison, you have to pay money and bribe someone get out of jail so to speak, forget it!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

MyLife.com says I have been arrested before. Not. They also claim that I have worked for a company I have never heard of. They should be shut down for spreading bad information and defamation of character.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

If I could give this company a negative rating, I would do so. I'm not exactly sure how they got my email, but a few months ago, they started sending me emails on a daily basis stating that my "background report needed attention" and that I had "one or more criminal records" that needed to be cleaned up. This is absolutely untrue. I have never even been arrested, and my last traffic offense was over 20 years ago. I have enjoyed a stellar career in law and am a past president of a county bar association.

When I finally clicked on their link to see what they had on my report, I learned that the claim of the criminal matter was the "hook" designed to get me to subscribe to their scam and pay them a monthly fee. This is shameless. They are the criminals. MyLife should be shut down. I can't imagine how many vulnerable, unsuspecting people they have lured into their scam using their fraudulent representations. If someone files a class action, I will most certainly join it!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I wanted to look up info on my estranged father. It said to charge $16 for one month of info. I played it and it didn't give me any information on my father. Just trying to get mine. Then it wanted me to pay $46-$50 some odd dollars more for info after I already pay $16. Rip off. Literally $16 for nothing. What a complete scam!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

This site sells information that is outdated and inaccurate that cannot be corrected or completely reviewed without subscription. They accept anonymous reviews that can leave negative information without fear of recourse. I believe this to be a violation of the fair credit reporting act and recommend all people reading this check the information they are reporting on them and file a complaint with their state's attorney general if necessary.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

This site needs to be shut down! A friend told me about this site so I went on - and of course I did a search on myself. I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Once the info was loaded - from a scroll bar on top, a red warning sign comes up in reference to criminal/arrest record. I scrolled down and in 2 big pinkish type box: 1 with bold red letters - You DO (not may) but DO have Arrest or Criminal Record and in the other - You DO (not may) have Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies.

I have NEVER BEEN ARRESTED nor have I ever seen the inside of a courtroom. I have NEVER had criminal charges filed against me. I have worked hard all my life have a great credit score and yet this site makes me look like some low life. I searched how to opt out, it said to go on you profile a edit any info about yourself and then follow very complicated instructions. I got as far any removing/changing any info and to my surprise they wrote a big bio on me with what I made edits on! To get off this site is a joke! They are ruining the lives of good people.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I went on the website to check on the accuracy of my records on Friday, January 5, 2018. It’s quite a “busy and cluttered” website but I registered and was pleased to see the 7 day free access for all records and must notify them prior to the end of the 7 Days or I would be charged. A phone # was given to call and cancel “the subscription” - I took a screenshot and continued but before I could go in I had to choose what plan I wanted beyond the 7 Days. The most economical was the six month plan at $4.99 per month so I checked that box. Honestly if the site had the information I wanted and the research had been accurate I would have been satisfied to stay BUT it had nothing I could clear up or connect with. Every screen that came up and I’d scroll down did not have me listed so I’d click on “Not You?” and another screen and another screen over and over and over.

I decided that was way too much drama for me. And I called the number to cancel... They were closed for the weekend. I called first thing 8:00 Colorado time and spoke with some lady difficult to understand. She looked me up and said I had opted for the six months and no refunds. To make a long story short she finally agreed after putting me on hold they would charge me $4.99 and refund the rest from my credit card. I didn’t like it but said okay and asked for an email with that in writing. A few hours later I received the email thanking me and a refund is underway but don’t dispute this or it will mess up what she has in place. What she had put in place I would receive a refund of $42.45. I wrote her back and told her absolutely not that we didn’t agree to that and now I want my full refund - after all there was a 7 day trial period.

They did charge in pending status my credit card a $1.00 charge on January 5th and another credit card charge for $59.98 in January 5th. I called my credit card company immediately and told them I would file a dispute if the charges left pending status. I took a screenshot of my charges and this AM checked my credit card status and the charges were gone. Tonight I checked and the charges are back in.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Familiar with sites that charge a minimal amount to get you in, and then have a recurring monthly charge that's hard to stop, I read the fine print and then paid the full $16.95 on 1/1/18 for a one month only subscription in order to get the contact info on a person that I wanted to find. On 1/9/18, today's date, I was charged an additional $29.85. I immediately called and demanded that charge be removed from my card. Their rep said that my initial search had triggered the additional charge which was in his view warranted, justifying it with a lot of doubletalk. I vehemently disagreed, and he ultimately agreed to refund all but $9.95 of that additional charge. I suggest that you definitely use another website to check for contact info.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

This site advertise that you can improve your background report through them. It also says you can look at your background report and other people's if you wanted to. I went on the site after getting my subscription and my background report was not even on the site nor could I change things on it. Then a month later I got a charge of $29 search for a people search that I never even requested. Called the same day that the charge went through trying to get a refund on it and all subscriptions through this service or non-refundable of course. They should have their business license revoked 4 fraudulent advertising and misleading information. Horrible service!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Mylife.com claims publicly on Google searches of my name that I have a criminal record when I do not. They also suggest that I may be a sex offender when I am not. I tried to get the false information off the site but they want me to pay $9.95 a month to keep the false negative information off their website. This is extortion and they are criminals and I want to start a class action lawsuit against them as soon as possible. I will start class action against them as soon as I find an attorney that will handle that kind of case.

MyLife Company Information

www.mylife.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use