1.01/5

Need a background check company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

679 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Is there a lawyer out there interested in taking on a class action lawsuit? This company has put misleading information about me out there. I work for the government and have gone through multiple background, state and FBI fingerprinting. I do NOT have “Criminal convictions”. They have released HIPPA protected information and list people as my relatives that I don’t even know simply because we share a last name people that have criminal records then scores my reputation as really bad because of this. Then they want money to delete erroneous information and they ask you to provide “additional” information before they can even check your record as a way to scam you to get information they don’t have. This is a scam site. They Put Incorrect information so you will pay to take it off. Is there a law firm out there that is interested in taking in a class action lawsuit? This company is doing this to a lot of people and ruining our reputations!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am a teacher and it says I have an arrest record. I want you to know that my work fingerprints me and would know that immediately (evidence). I will take civil action if my reputation is questioned because of this. Not messing around. When I went there the process it did not review an arrest record. That will not undo what the parents of all my students days.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

MyLife has misstated a raft of facts and slandered me. I read my report after reading I had arrests as well as other actions which is incorrect. As an adult the only thing I have is mutual restraining orders filed against a NUT WHO BROKEN EVERY WINDOW IN MY CAR and then she continued to break into my home and destroy several more items. I went to her job, with another woman and called over the Manager to try and get her fired which was her reason. The Judge ordered we stay away from one another and I sued her civilly. This company even misstated MY NAME, WRITING IN A MIDDLE NAME, I have never had. I asked them to correct their report, which was refused and I AM GOING AFTER THEM CIVILLY. This company has changed names numerous times and ConsumerAffairs IS WELL AWARE OF THE FRAUDULENT PRACTICES. They try and shake you down to remove false accusations that are demeaning.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I found the website through a news channel who highly recommended for anyone wanting to manage or keep an eye on whoever was searching their name FOR FREE. Well, that's a LIE. Managing your online reputation for "FREE" IS not what this site is doing. Whoever owns this site must be “billionaires in power positions”; with the way they continue to exploit innocent people's reputations, personal information, or spread false claims for monetary gain can only still be around because they know the law & know they can get away with it.

It appears that with the amount of complaints this business has received they've still found a way to manage their online presence gathering a large amount of fake reviewers who give them positive feedback. They’ve changed their physical business address, and their website has less contact information with a warning statement about how they get their facts from government websites which is free public information. I started receiving harassing phone calls daily about my criminal activity, phone calls for old acquaintances, and I didn't connect the dots until I found a lot of false information about me on the site for EVERYONE to see. Well, thank you MyLife for protecting me as you claimed.

The website mylife.com contacted me via email, just days after using their service stating I had negative reports on my background, and in order to have it removed I would have to sign up & pay fees to have it managed effectively. I ignored it because I KNEW I didn't have anything to worry about; or did I? The fraudsters targeted people, and then used whatever information they could gain to scare people into paying. Funny, that is what I get from the new fraud debt callers too. I HAVE NO DEBT! They continued to send emails which only got worse. It went from someone who’s been looking for me to criminal investigations. Since joining this FOR FREE never taking them up on their management offer, the problem has escalated.

I am now getting harassed TO BE THROWN IN JAIL. It seems my phone number and personal verifiable information is out there for any other scammer who wants it OR ANY CRIMINAL WHO WANTS TO TARGET ME. My computer has been hacked, and I've had nothing but problems with other online reporting companies. Whatever you do do not make contact with these other companies. This is how they find, and target you. Thanks to MyLife, this ** is a trend on the internet.

This site has snowballed into something that is affecting my daily life in a very negative way. The scammers have been calling family members, and threatening me. If it isn’t stopped it will continue to get worse. Most people who don’t understand tech industry have no clue how bad it can become for innocent people. I have not the criminal or the negative history this site or other sites are reporting as a result of using the mylife.com site as a way to manage or protect my internet business and reputation.

The owner of this site should be thrown in jail without bail! Cannot believe he's gotten away with this type of activity for so many years. Well, actually maybe I can because the internet has changed things dramatically. Investors of these types of websites KNOW that it will take a long time before anyone is able to do anything about it. By that time, they'll have booked one way airfare with their billions, sold the site, and bought an island where they cannot be touched, found, or prosecuted.

By the way the site has changed the “about information”, has posted a new address, and contact numbers more than one time. Site is a FRAUD. I WANT IN ON CLASS ACTION! CLASS ACTION AGAINST MYLIFE.COM 2018 JOIN HERE. NOTE: My hope is that my repetitive redundant complaint will attract more people to report their experience with this site. Because believe it or not, these type of sites are able to keep people from finding this information, and reporting their experience. Hope this helps!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have been actively using Internet for 20+ years, careful with what I reveal online and regularly use search engines to see what's out there. Last month I noticed that MyLife is displaying my date of birth publicly! As we know a lot of ID fraud can happen with that info. I suspect this leaked from a recent HELOC I applied with Bank of America because the data is identical to what I shared with BoA. I gave BoA some numbers as a "tracer" so to speak. But neither MyLife.com nor BoA will confirm it.

I spoke to them this morning and they agreed to stop showing it publicly but you can login and it is still there probably for anyone logged into their website. Also Google has cached searc results so the DoB comes right up if someone searches for my name. They want money to make it private! Like a thief that first steals and then offers to sell it to you. We can sure these sleazy ** once the CA Consumer Privacy act (https://www.caprivacy.org/) is effective 2020. But what options to do we have now. You can contact Santa Monica City Attorney office and California Attorney General.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Googled a co-worker and saw this website. Put my name in and now I am married? Also I have a criminal record?? I have received a speeding ticket. This is libel and defamation. How is this even legal!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

They post a "profile" of you then want money to remove it. Anonymous and derogatory statements are posted then you can pay them to change them. The ratings speak for themselves. Shame on you, you are parasitic filth. Go earn an honest living you cymbals. Extortionist scumbags.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

This site is full of misinformation. But, it allowed me to change basic information. So, I changed my race to the first option: **; and, my score dropped immediately by 2.5 reputation points. The only thing they got right was my photo, my copyright, stolen from my private images on Facebook.com. So, Facebook is in on it because this picture was private (for friends only).

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I signed up for the introductory period to check my information. About half of it was incorrect, including a court judgement for somebody else. Their name and address wasn't even close to mine when I went to the courthouse to research it. I cancelled before the introductory period was over and they still billed me $19.95. During the first call to cancel, I was hung up on as soon as I said I wanted to cancel the service. I got an email a few days later showing the automatic renewal had been cancelled. My bank records indicated a charge shortly after that.

I called again today and when I told them I should not have been charged, they hung up on me again. I immediately called back and informed the person who answered what had happened. He put me on hold, then came back and said the previous person had issued a refund and asked if I wanted a confirmation number. I said yes and he rattled the number off so fast I had trouble getting it all written down. He asked if there was anything else and I asked him to repeat the number. He started to end the call and I asked again. He very rudely repeated the number and hung up on me. I will wait to see if they truly refunded my money or not. Don't waste your time or money.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

So here is what I have learned about MyLife.com—this company compiles publicly found data about an individual, makes it easily available to anyone via web search through their large investment into making your information searchable, then sums-up who you are in a 1-5 star rating. If you wish to control what people see about you or correct the many discrepancies— you will either have to request to have all of your information removed from their database (via email), or PAY a subscription fee (giving them even more financial info). Keeping in mind that this company compiles public information, this only resolves what MyLife makes accessible via their platform. So if more companies decide to do the same thing as MyLife (and there are), you'd unfortunately need to do this with every company.

This actually made me feel very depressed & discouraged (in a "Black Mirror" moment). This site reflected my student debt, but not the fact that I completed a BAS and Masters with a high GPA— or can hold jobs longer than 7 years. It reflected what I'm worth monetarily, but no mention that I have raised three amazing kids or have been successfully married for over 20 years. It shows that I am in a litigation, but not that I was rear-ended by an at-fault driver, and that the repercussion of their action hurt my credit score due to medical expenses. This is the direction that the word is going. I fall under a "poor" rating because I live on a broken planet.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was just playing around and added my name in the search and all these lies and my personal information, age, address etc was public for everyone to see. I never signed up for anyone to display my personal information. It added terrible red writings of lies lies lies in order to get anyone's attention so they would pay money to search all of my information. It said that I could lock the information, but when I proceeded to lock the information, it asked for MONEY. They stole my information without my consent, added lies or fakery, then wanted to charge me for their own stealing. It's slavery all over again.

When I called, the number wasn't working. I called another number and received a foreign voice of course. She continued to act like she couldn't hear me and wanted to hang up, but I didn't let her. She said they would delete it and I said they'd better because I was telling the law. Why is this mess continuing to exist? There are over 500,000,000 complaints. That's ridiculous. What good is Consumer Affairs if it DOES NOTHING!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

There was just enough true information to recognize myself. I searched some people I know and discovered a Jewish friend is Christian, as it says I am when I’m an atheist and haven’t set foot in a church in over 30 years. This was good for a laugh.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The only reason I give 2 stars (as opposed to 1 Star) is that it was relatively easy to turn off automatic renewal-- but I had to call. I was not put on hold and was able to do it easily. The website is somewhat misleading in telling you what you'll get. For $18.95 I thought I would be able to do unlimited background checks for a month-- but no, only one or two, and trying more I was taken to a screen asking me to subscribe to a premium membership. What you get for that $18.95 (after that initial background check or two) is simply people's home addresses and e-mail addresses. Furthermore, the site is full of inaccurate info. You may or may not get a current address, and the "Bio" of the person can at times be ridiculously off. You are better off just doing a simple Google search and not paying for any site that purports to have information, just viewing what is shown for free.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Like everyone else here, they have bogusly accused me, slandered my name, and are completely fabricating lies about my character. I think we all should file a class action suit against them. Not in state court, but in federal court. There is case law against what they are doing on the federal level. There is also federal statutes against blackmail. For them to charge us to take negative information down about us that is unverifiable, and in most cases, outright lies, is in any interpretation of the law, blackmail. If we band together and fight this, we can put this company out of business in less than a year. I think this is an easy case. We would just need to band together and maybe donate $10-15 to the cause.

There are so many of us that the mere $10-15 we would put in individually, would be able to generate enough to go after these leeches. I think I am going to start a GoFundMe page and start with that. If it starts raising enough money to get a good lawyer, I will make sure this is heard on a national level and everyone gets their $10-15.00 back through the lawsuit, and their names removed. And hopefully the company bankrupts because of it! There are 10s of thousands of us, if not hundreds of thousands. This is flagrant blackmail on a massive scale. I will come back once the GoFundMe account is set up and update everyone. We should do this. What they are doing is wrong, and I know we would win. Easy win here. They are blackmailing us. This is a crime!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

They published incorrect data for us that was negative. However, we found it extremely easy to remove ourselves for free. Many websites explain how to do it.

Here's one: "Call MyLife at (888) 704-1900 and press 3 to speak to an operator. They have customer representatives available Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 7pm PT, and Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT." “It will take seven to 10 business days to process,” the representative told me when I called to have my info removed. “But you don’t have to worry, the link will no longer work.” She then gave me a confirmation number. If you wish to remove yourself from Mylife.com via email, send your request to removalrequests@mylife.com, and be sure to include your MyLife.com URL so that they can remove the right person.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The information was useless as at least 40% was incorrect. When I disconnected the service I was charged $23.05. THE SHORT STORY IS THEY KNOW THE PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE AND THEY WILL MAKE MONEY EVEN IF YOU DISCONTINUE THE SERVICE. I cannot believe this service is still open and has not been shut down. This is all the detail you need... Do not waste your money or time.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

False records: I have written them 5 times, called them, and nothing has been corrected. It looks like I have a criminal record from hell. Not one thing fixed and I had to buy a month subscription just to see if it is being changed. Which to date it has not. I finally had to reach out to a lawyer to pay them to help resolve this. This company is a joke but worse yet I look terrible.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

MyLife.com presents false info to besmirch people’s reputations to make them pay a fee to “correct” their personal info and “reputation score”. It has many lawsuits against it, an F rating from the Better Business Bureau, and thousands of negative reviews. I don’t even know some of the people listed as “family” and have never lived in cities listed with addresses. It says I’m married, but I am divorced. It says I have a criminal record, but I do not. If this company had not already been sued by thousands of people, I would sue them. The internet is a scary place when it can destroy people’s reputations like this.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I only subscribed for 1 dollar - for a week, just to modify information about myself. But on looking at my profile, they CHARGED me $59.40 for a YEAR, and I did NOT authorize that! You don't even really know it when they do, but I looked very carefully and I saw the charge on my credit card. I got on the phone right away, spoke to a foreigner who I could BARELY UNDERSTAND, and made her send me an email confirming that I would NOT be charged. I may file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This is a very crooked website. They will steal your money if you don't look very carefully. They charged me without my permission!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I accidentally came across MyLife and entered my name and city. I saw that I was reviewed as a bad person and in my Bio it had detailed information about me and my family. It also said I was **. I am **. So I called the 800 number and spoke with an agent. They took me off of their site after I wanted to know how it's legal for you give anyone browsing my personal information and smear my reputation and then say that I am **. This site needs to be shut down. It's a scammers dream site.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE. I purchased a 1 month subscription to this service and after 6 days was billed another 1 month subscription. When I called MyLife, was told that it is a weekly subscription although their site clearly shows it's monthly. They offered a refund on the 2nd charge, sent me a confirmation email and stats that it takes 5 business days to process (it takes 5 seconds - I work for American Express). 6 business days I am now being told it takes 2 more business days. So total of 8 business days for a refund. Informed them that I am disputing all MyLife charges since they are obviously committing fraud. You will end up dealing w a Mumbai help desk and they have to check w a supervisor for every single question you have. 2 calls - 20 minutes so far. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

If you'd conduct a preliminary search online with this site, as I just have, you'll see how derogatory the information is. It said I have: Arrest or Criminal Records — I do not. Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies — I do not. But at this stage, after all the derogatory accusations, you'd easily believe this too. MyLife is a complete falsehood. It engages in this adulterated behavior simply to extort. I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing to hide, and these ** will rot in the ashes of the despicables before I pay them one cent.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

This sickening website profits from publishing bogus negative information and lies. Their revenue model is extortion. They literally want you to pay them a monthly fee in order for you to “correct errors” and manage the level of slander they heap onto your profile. Further anybody is allowed to maliciously “review” you. Upon submission of your review the reviewer is presented with an opportunity to spam out an invite to their cohorts to review you as well. Easy for your enemies to kill your personal social rating. This is nothing but a scam. Defamation for profit... weee!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

This site is despicable by listing false information about one of my daughters, they claim she has a criminal record which is untrue and 100% of the information other than her name is FAKE. This scam site should be immediately shut down. Crap sites like this have the potential to ruin a person's life by spreading such lies.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

A friend of mine alerted me to go to this website and check out what they wrote about me. I was shocked to see that they had me listed with incorrect information and derogatories on my reputation! I am a grandma and don't even have a social media account. I am so upset that they could just flagrantly post such awful lies about people. Someone told me they do this purposely to get you to sign up with them to remove this but then they never do and I read that it is nearly impossible to cancel the subscription. So the bottom line is this is a BIG SCAM and do not believe or buy into it. I will be contacting my attorney. This site should be shut down immediately!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I found MyLife profile by accident and to my surprise they've got down for having a criminal record, I've never been arrested. I've recently had to have a criminal background check to get a job for my client works for the government and keeps government paperwork at his home. I passed the criminal background check with flying colors. MyLife as has other info about me wrong. I'm thinking of during them for loss of business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I am shocked they steal your info. I have never signed up. Yet they want me to pay to remove my own info. They have stolen pictures from other Facebook users because the picture they are showing I have nowhere on any of my social sites. How is this legal. They want me to call. They have this info. My info removed. Are you serious. I don't want my info or my family info public that should be my choice not theirs. This is crazy. No email to contact them. No opt out for them. How is this not a scam. And how are they allowed this if I never joined.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I echo the previous reviewers' concerns about this site. According to MyLife, I am a 37-year old, white woman with three children. None of this information is true. They have the correct information about parents and relatives. It is a scam it needs to be shut down. Contacting them does not work. Rather than taking down their profile of you, they start offering various options for subscriptions. Why would I subscribe to a site that ages me by several years, changes my ** identity to ** and seems to suggest that I should three children? If you find your information on this site, contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

There is incorrect Personal information wrongly posted under my name. I have never been arrested in my life "number one". They have a Big RED ALERT Arrests highlighted in pink on MY PAGE with MY NAME and is seriously not true ** and slanderous! MYLIFE stated that my reputation was just FAIR and my credit score is in the 800's. Then they make you pay to get the information even when it's seriously incorrect. I did not hire this company to dole out my personal information so how are they making money off me without my permission?

How can this company give the GENERAL PUBLIC my "driver’s license" number and other proprietary contact information coupled with misinformation? They want you to correct the information they have about you. Their page states that it is "good for you" to correct it so that your "reputation" looks good FOR A FEE. Isn't that Blackmail. If I get hacked you can bet on the top of my list will be a lawsuit against MYLIFE.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Says on website when you search for my name that I have an arrest record and bankruptcy. I've never been in trouble in my entire life let alone claimed bankruptcy. I emailed them to remove it, which they won't. "Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies. DOES have Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies. Check Full Background Report to see local, state and federal court documents, sensitive legal information and any litigation that Rachel may have been involved in. We'll reveal arrest details like case numbers, offense descriptions, and booking dates, where available."

MyLife Company Information