1.04/5

Need a background check company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

814 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

How does this company post false and inaccurate information about people and get away with it? This is slander and defamation of character. Big lawsuit. Good luck trying to contact them, they will never answer. I want this fraudulent company to take false information about me down or I will be forced to take legal action.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

This site is fraudulent and offers nothing but scare tactics. The information is incredibly wrong, to the point of defamatory. Saying I have criminal records and the like, absolute hogwash. They need to be taken down, forcefully if necessary.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

False, false, false info. Please contact if you are willing to enter a class action lawsuits against them. False claims, false profiles, fake pictures, a criminal enterprise seeking to scam you out of your money. Apparently the owner of this site, Jeff Tinsley has been arrested multiple times as a true con artist, drunk, and fraud. BE VERY LEARY OF THIS WEBSITE!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

After 12 (Twelve) attempts via email to have them remove my personal information - nothing has been done. I keep getting requests for absurd information as if they are "trying" to avoid doing what a consumer requests. To pour salt on the wound, I called them and was tenth in line. 25 minutes later when I was number one in line - I got disconnected! How's that for "GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE"? The funny part of this is their information is only partially correct but they continue to "push off individuals' concerns"! IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SUED - THEY SHOULD BE AND TO SHUT THEM DOWN COMPLETELY!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Last year I called these scammers and told them to remove my account because I wasn't sure how. They did but I just did a Google search and my information was back on this demented website slandering me. In big red letters there was verbiage saying I had potential arrest records and other blatant lies. I decided to try to delete the account by myself without the help of customer care and thankfully it was a success. You don't need to call or email these scumbag. Just create an account. You don't need a credit card to do so. When logged on click on the top of the page the image of the generic avatar (where your profile pic should be) and go to settings or click around and you will find a link to deactivate your profile.

I did it once and it worked but an hour later I checked and behold my profile was still there sooo I did it again and it's now finally gone. I have checked it all day today and it's still gone. If it reappears again I'll just deactivate it again by logging in. I hope this company gets sued big time for false info. There is a place reserved in hell for these swines! Don't let them take advantage of you. You can deactivate yourself. Trust me. If I can figure it out so can you. Peace and love to everyone experiencing the embarrassment of this lying website. Don't let it get you down. I cried over it and I regret it. I'm a good person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

First of all thank you to all on this site and to this great company “Consumer Affairs” for not letting me to pay money to false company such as “MyLife.” I was scared to see that my boyfriend might had some bankruptcy, that he is married and that he has some immigration problems. I almost believe it! My goodness! The only right information that they had on that site is his telephone number, his parents' full names and his address. I can not believe that such scam is exist. That company should get a fine and has to be reported to FBI. This is not a joke! Someone has to be brave and stand up for us and save us from this hurtful company “MyLife.”

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

DO NOT use this website and DO NOT use the falsehood of only paying $1.00. I selected to pay $1.00 for a week, but was charged another $1.00, then 19.95, then after I cancelled the membership, I was charged 14.95. I am going to report this company's misdealings on any site I can because, not only have they overcharged me, there is incorrect information on the site. When they say you can edit the information, it is another falsehood, I was not able to edit the information. There are a few people I don't know listed as relatives of mine that I have no way of rectifying. SCAMMERS!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchased a short term membership from MyLife for $1. Then they asked for $1 more in order for me to check or change something else on my info. That on Feb 6, 2019. Today I find a pending charge for $19.99 from MyLife. I have been trying to contact MyLife via phone for more than an hour. I waited 30 mins the first time. They tell you where you are on wait list and an update wait time approximately every minute along with different sales pitches. First call I started out in the wait list at number 27. The line disconnected. I've waited about 20 mins. I'm now first in line and will be answered by the next available representative! Again after over thirty minutes of waiting again including about 15 minutes of being first in line the phone disconnected. This company is just a total joke. They lure you in with false information they "gather" on you and then continue to bait you through fear saying your reputation is at risk.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My profile has red flagged highlighted boxes showing I have liens and/or bankruptcies which is incorrect. Also, it is giving me a poor "reputation" score. Who are they to condemn my reputation with faulty data? I am currently unemployed, have been sending out lots of resumes, but no responses. Now I'm very concerned this could be why. I called them twice, both times I was "caller # 17" "hold time 21 mins". Both times when I got to caller # 1 position my call was disconnected. I am currently seeking legal assistance to have my profile removed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

After paying the trial $1 fee to test this service, I was suddenly charged with a $19.95 to my credit card. I called and spoke with "Nimsa" in customer service who assured me I would get a $19.85 credit - that was weeks ago. I received a confirmation number. I called today and spoke with "Harry" (not really his name, he barely spoke English) who once again assured me I would be getting the credit. After looking into all of these reviews, I have to agree that this company is a fraud and would strongly advise never signing up! Also, when I originally paid the $1 fee for a trial to use the service to investigate a name, when signing up I was never asked to enter an email or get a password, and this should've been my first clue that this is not a legitimate site. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Rating system of this company is completely unreliable. It presents misleading to completely false information and gives a person a rating. It falsely appears that I have criminal records and poor credit history and relates me to people I have never even heard of that have even lower ratings. You can find a phone number online (888-704-1900) to call to remove your information from their website but I've called several times to have the same experience each time. You get a recording, choose a department to speak to (technical support #3) and then you're told you have a 26 minute wait and are caller number 27 in line. Then you wait, and wait, 31 minutes to be exact while the recording counts down how many people are still ahead of you in line, and as soon as you are caller number one, it hangs up on you. This company should be prosecuted.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Everything on there is made up and is hurting people. I think everyone should start to sue this company. They add lies online which cannot be removed if you do not pay them a monthly fees. Let's all start a lawsuit now!! I will.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

MyLife claims I have "Bankruptcies", "Liens", "Criminal record" Highlighted in red & with a red warning insignia. I have a G 13 security clearance which would have been impossible with criminal record. I have no liens or bankruptcies. Information they post is misleading & damaging & could cause financial hardships if you are applying for an upper management position or self-employed. I don't understand how it is legal to willfully post damaging personal information. I will be filing complaints & possible legal action. Tell everyone you know about MyLife.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

MyLife.com is a complete scam. They falsify public records to make it seem like there is juicy information. They show wrong religion, criminal, and other info. I would be happy, ecstatic, to sue them and expose their entire operation or to join a class action suit. These companies just want to profit by putting false information and calling it public record, make money on advertising and shaking-down innocent citizens. Their operation is criminal. If their scam didn’t work the internet wouldn’t be full of them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The database is poor. Their information is inaccurate. I checked myself and it said I had a criminal history. My history is a couple parking tickets. I pass FBI background checks. It associated me with people I did not know. A few people I did know were flagged with the same criminal history for parking tickets. Do not trust any information on this site. Do not pay for membership that is worthless.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Bunch of crooks who want your money and provide garbage information on you. Very difficult to get rid of them. I subscribe for one week at the cost of $1. They renew subscription for one month without my approval and charged me $24.95 to my credit card.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

This company "MyLife" developed a "reputation score" apparently as a "cute" gimmick to profit by selling information about any person. In most cases it seems that such information can be obtained online. This is fine, but the move to display personal information in the shape of a "reputation score" represents a violation of my privacy, particularly because the criteria and methodology they use to "evaluate" my reputation is not at all clearly explained. I also confirm that I have never given authorization to "MyLife" to "evaluate" my reputation.

By the way, my reputation appears as "good", with a grade of 3.9 out of 5.0, but I do not know why. All I know is that I do have an excellent credit score, I have never had any convictions, I have never been accused of any crime, I have never been arrested nor received any fines (except rare parking tickets), I hold a steady, high-ranking honest job in a respected international organization, I have a very well-structured life, so, who is "MyLife" to pass judgement about my reputation? If you can do something about it, please advise me on how I can have this abuse removed. The reputation of MYLIFE, in my current judgment, is ZERO.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Nothing about MyLife works except they want to take your money. I tried unsubscribing did not work. Tried helpline no go. Tried FB no go. IF they do not remove me or their perception of membership This will be a legal matter.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Buyer beware! This site has all your private information and makes you pay to protect or remove it. They bait you with inaccurate stats such as low public ratings and criminal records which do not exist. This activity to bait you to protect yourself by paying a fee is exactly like the MOB. They scare you into paying to protect your reputation! Where is the oversight committee protecting us from these roaches? Get a lawyer if you have been taken financially or your reputation ruined. I see a very large class action lawsuit... Any lawyers in the room?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This website is one ** or ** away from being shut down. The level of detailed information they gather and post for anyone to see is such a massive invasion of privacy it threatens people’s personal safety, especially anyone with an aggrieved ex-husband or obsessive stalker. They are also setting people up for identity theft. I have made multiple requests for them to remove me from their website and they refuse to do so. They are truly putting people in harm’s way just to earn a buck. On the off chance their PR team reads these reviews- ALLOW PEOPLE THAT EMAIL YOU REQUESTING TO REMOVE THEIR PROFILE FROM YOUR WEBSITE TO ACTUALLY DO SO.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This site claims to be able to judge human beings with a score. Once you click to find out why they score you, they drop your score even further hoping to get you to purchase some kind of site lock protection which defeats the point of their site. If you claim someone is an "x" star rating, why does their paying you affect that? Well it's to extort you. This company literally creates a negative image of someone then asks for money to hide it... How this is not illegal I don't know.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do NOT use this site unless you are prepared to be stolen from. Even if you read their so-called disclaimer, make sure you call during their business hours if you want to cancel your free trial on time. I called on the 7th day of my free trial to find that I had called one hour after their office closed so I had to wait until the next business day to call them to cancel my trial just for them to go ahead and charge my credit card $40 because I was calling after the 7-Day trial. For being such a big online business you would think you could get ahold of somebody at any time. This place is a joke! The information they give you is not even complete everything is half done or it says pending. This business is a scam! They will still right from your family and not care about it!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I want all of my personal information taken off of all the internet sites. I called MyLife and was on hold for 30 minutes and then disconnected. I also tried to email. I also connected Facebook and even though I took myself off their list my personal information is still there. I have tried all the advice, and steps, but it is all still there on both sites.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I found out I am apparently related to people who don't even share the same last name as myself or anyone I actually am related to; they just lived near me at some point. It says you shouldn't use this information to stalk someone, because a website graphic is really going to deter stalkers. Stalkers are definitely not known for ignoring boundaries AT ALL.

Oh, and by the way, I actually am being stalked. Imagine my horror when it listed my recent addresses. You can ** out parts of it all you want, but when you leave the city and state, guess what? THEY CAN STILL FIND YOU! You don't even have to try the free trial to find this information. It's just there, for the whole world to see. I avoid social media like the plague; I have exactly one FB page, and it doesn't have a single shred of personal information. And yet they were able to pull my past addresses. Only way that happens is if they get into credit ratings, or private applications with companies. At no point have I EVER put my current address on a public website. So they had to do some pretty deep and invasive digging to get it. I will definitely be looking into my state's privacy laws due to this.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This website is slanderous and should be taken down!! MyLife claimed that I had liens & bankruptcies which is a LIE!! I paid to do a trial membership to find NO INFORMATION because it's all FAKE. They try and make it seem like there are things online that are NOT!! They auto renew your "trial membership" which you CANNOT CANCEL ONLINE. So I had to wait on hold for 20 minutes with their customer service person who could barely speak English to cancel my "Premium Membership." DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!! How is this even legal???

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I did a trial membership to this site and ran background checks on both myself and my wife. The information on myself was completely inaccurate. It pulled 0 results on my wife which is absolutely ridiculous. When I called customer support ask them where they pull their information from they could not give me a good answer whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Today I have learned that I have a criminal record, that I have lawsuits against me and that I have declared bankruptcy. All of that in a virtual world of a scam site MyLife.com. Now there will be a real lawsuit happening...

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

MyLife is a scam. Bought the 7 day trial. Tried to cancel it before the end of the 7 day trial and was put on hold several times or 40-45 min. When I became the first or second caller next, always cut off. Unable to cancel. They charged my bank account another 22.95 5 days into the 7 day trial. I had to cancel my card and file a dispute with my card company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I googled myself because I am unemployed and just wanted to see what is out there. I found MyLife with personal info that isn't accurate. They even have me related to people I've never heard of. Regardless, I sent them an email asking them to remove it. They replied with this: "The information on each profile page is gathered from public sources, which can be easily found online using a simple Google search. This information will not be removed as these types of information are considered "public records", which means that anyone has the right to access them." They told me I would have to pay for a "premium" membership to control my personal info. I replied that they CAN remove my info and if they don't I will take further action. Oh and my net worth is between $250,000 - $499,999. I wish! It's not even close to 1/8 of that.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

How is this company allowed to be in business! It lists peoples' personal information, including mine, and states that the person has bankruptcies, liens, etc. NONE of which is true. I didn't fall for receiving their report, because I knew it was a scam. However, I did try to call MyLife.com repeatedly, kept on hold endlessly and NEVER talked to anyone. The next contact with this company will be from my attorney.

MyLife Company Information