2.66/5

Need a background check company?

MyLife

Need a background check company?

1055 MyLife Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

I've been a non paying members for years only to find out that they have me associated w/ people who have passed away 30 years ago OR I've not dealt with in 18 or more years. I won't pay to have this cleared up. It is extortion and extortion is illegal. The latter two I'm divorced from yet they still show me married to. I either want it stopped or I WILL stop it by whatever means are needed.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I signed up on a whim to look up some information on someone, and it was all pending, nothing shown told me anything... I then went to cancel my subscription after 20 mins of using the website and thought I did so successfully, only to check my account today and see I was charged 1.00 (twice) As I was testing the waters and just did a quick 7 day trial. I called today and tried to speak with someone who demanded to know what services I was using it for and what I was doing with it. I said it was none of his business and if he wanted to continue to question me, then I was filing with the FTC and the BBB because regardless of the amount, they stole money from me. He stated he respected my decision to do so, and then hung up on me.

I called back to talk to a supervisor named Vu, or Vi, and she tried telling me that I had signed up for two different accounts, which I only signed up for one, and she also tried questioning me on what I was using it for and who I was looking up information on. I said again, it didn't matter, but let's question why "you're being fraudulent and trying to scam me out of money for thing I never used" all the while she was talking over me. I said if she doesn't fix this today and put the money back into my account, I was contacting a lawyer and filing a lawsuit and reminded her of the FTC and BBB complaints I was filing. She ended up refunding the money back to my account with much difficulty. Beware of this company.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This is totally a scam. When I tried one time to check my "report", all that was on there was fake, negative info. I never had a "criminal record", or I have never done anything so bad. Luckily, I took out ALL my money in my bank and only deposited 5 dollars in there. First, they stole 1$ (of course). But the next day. I checked my balance to see they also stole the extra 4$ I had in there. What a useless scam and don't fall for this. I had to cancel my bank before depositing more money because they stole every single info of my credit card, so I cancelled it and then reopened a new card, with different information.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This site is like looking at the cover of a book, but never opening and reading what it really means. Criminal or Court records could mean a parking ticket, damaging connections could be a long lost family member who is a loser. They tell you lies about your neighbors and their reputation, and want you to pay at every click on their site. Do not believe this garbage.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Beware of this Scam. One of the most useless and inappropriate websites around. Information they show is mostly fraudulent, and is also scandalous in nature. Anyone that puts any faith in this site or the information posted on it about people is as bad as the site owner or those monitoring it. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY BANK OR CREDIT CARD INFO. You will open a Pandora's box by doing so. Numerous people have already reported them to the FTC and other government agencies, so hopefully they will be forced to shut down. True definition of Cyber piracy/crime.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Falsely advertising reports and after I paid, all the info was "pending" and they had nothing useful. I tried to cancel immediately and the site directed me to call to cancel. Did that, office closed. Called again in the morning and was told that I should've canceled within same day. The rep was rude and claimed that no supervisors available. Scammers from China.

Original review: July 16, 2019

This is a scam!!! They gather some personal information on people and make up the rest... They can ruin a person's life with these fabricated "facts." They mentioned places I have never been to and "family members" I do not have... How can they be stopped?

Original review: July 15, 2019

Called a lawyer concerning MyLife. It’s a scam and filled with lies. They need to be shut down. This is not China. I have money to burn on suing them for fraud the lies. I do not have any felonies so stop lying. Trust me. Someone gonna get hurt by the lies MyLife is spreading.

Original review: July 14, 2019

There are no stars for this horrendous website MyLife. I just check my rating and almost had a breakdown knowing that I have impeccable credit and personal history. They are reporting false information And need to be shut down!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Spend a buck to review my "background report" due to the "free" reports that showed criminal files regarding me. They have family members that I'm not related to, property owned in states I've never been to, judgments never made against me, numerous traffic tickets in states and jurisdictions I've never visited and never lived at or near. Thankfully I visited this site, and was warned that they would ding my credit card after my membership expires in a day. I didn't see that referenced when I signed up for the one day membership. Don't bother joining to change information. It's all crap, and all you can do is post rebuttals to some of the inaccurate info. Incidentally my brother was listed with a poor score. The guy is the straightest guy in the world. Never been in trouble, a professional, etc. This site is a straight up scam.

Original review: July 12, 2019

This company purports to collect personal data, and when I looked at several profiles, I noticed they were filled with inaccuracies. They charge you one dollar to look at a profile, and once they have your credit card, they then try to start billing you for a subscription. It is impossible to unsubscribe because the website tells you that you have to call a number that is always busy. Is it legal to make money from "selling" private personal information, not to mention inaccurate information? Stay away. This is a scam. When I told my bank, I had to cancel my credit card, and they sent me a new one to prevent this from happening.

Original review: July 11, 2019

First of all - the bad info on you is put there ON PURPOSE. You will have to pay for the rest of your life to "hide" it. Second: Once you give them the $1.00 fee (AND MAKE SURE YOU CLICK AT THAT TIME "DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC RENEWAL") THAT $1.00 fee is how they grab your credit card number and charge it. I'm waiting to see if they charge me even though I deactivated the renew feature. After ONE day of use (I should have had 7 days) I was unable to login at all. THIS IS A COMMON SCAM: Grab $1 fee and then lockout your customer who has no idea this is a repeating charge. Even if you DID click "don't renew" as I did, they can still lock you out of the service you PAID FOR.

LESSON TO ALL OF YOU: These sites are here TO TAKE YOUR MONEY. Don't worry about reputation scores. Focus on your BBB rating, Yelp and DUNS Number for company credit score. Also - I have found that these companies are getting your info from FACEBOOK who makes money selling your info. STOP putting your personal info on facebook because hey - your REAL FRIENDS know you and anyone legit has a way to contact you. IN CLOSING: I'm watching this company and many others. The best you can do is hope for a class action lawsuit or for a change in laws.

HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM THESE SCAMMERS (and other sites like them) REPORT THE CARD YOU USED AS STOLEN - get a new one. Inconvenient yes, but do it. USE ONLY PREPAID CARDS online. Stop worrying "what people think of your report" because legit consumers and businesses should not be on these hokey online sites to background check you. You may have just lost some money if you paid into a site like this, and you did just what they wanted.

Best advice: no one really cares about your so-called "rating". If you're a business, worry about Yelp reviews and learn to build your business to attract quality customers. ALL OF THE INFO CHECK SITES ARE BOGUS - many are run by the same set of companies! Stop even CLICKING on their sites. Now, I'm waiting to see what MyLife.com is going to do with my investigation. I gave them $1, deactivated the renew feature and now I can't login. I'm right here with the rest of you, only I'm reporting them.

Original review: July 11, 2019

They purposely post false and negative information to get you to pay to remove it. For me they have a criminal from TX with the same name living at my address. The person is a different age, different job, different background and job. I've contacted them for over a year to fix and they do NOTHING!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

They keep emailing me claiming they've got pics of me. First off I don't take pics like that. I'm also in a relationship. What if someone's partner finds that kinda email and the relationship ends over (MyLife.com) lying harassing emails. I've never signed up for your site. How'd you get my email? Why are you bothering me over 20 emails of lies. You may not care (MyLife.com) but I do. I see a lot of people complaining, they discontinued service with your site yet you harass and continue charging them. I'm turning this site in to the FTC AND POLICE AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO NEEDS TO BE INVOLVED. STOP BOTHERING ME WITH YOUR LIES!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was searching for friends from my time in the army. I ran across the "MyLife.com" site. I paid $1.00 fee for a 7 day trial. There was an automatic subscription attached to the trial period. After several days of trying, I found that I couldn't access the account, I decided to cancel. Luckily I used a stored value card with only $12 on it. I called & cancelled. Upon checking the balance on the stored value card, I found they had taken all $12 that was on it. This card was for a rebate from a purchase. Don't even think about using this so called "service".

Original review: July 9, 2019

I randomly went on to MyLife website and found I had quite a bit of false information on there. Also among many other false statements, they stated I have a criminal record. I DO NOT. But for a cost/price, I could find out what my criminal record that I do not have was!!! Seriously, this is harmful to spread false information when they do not have facts; they are purchasing information from who knows where!? You are able to call them and get your profile removed, which they say takes 5-7 days from other search engines. The employees sound super tired and numb to speak with; horrible customer service job in my opinion. Anyhow, just thought I would share so people check to see what information is out there about themselves.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I actually ran a check on myself and had to "Register" to view the "Report". I actually sent them money at first to try and change my "Reputation Score", as it is wrong and deceitful, based on my associates? I am an Owner of an Electrical Contracting Business and do not need this BS. I contacted them today, and they best remove my entire "Profile" asap or I WILL contact my attorney in Jersey and have him file a lawsuit against them. Shame on this company!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Went on to see why my reputation score is 'poor.' I am a single father, business owner for 16 years, no involvement with law enforcement and a productive member of my town for 20 years. They wanted me to pay $6 every month to try to correct their mistakes! Logic would tell me that this is illegal.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Slanderous scam site tries to get people to pay to correct false information. This site should be taken down as it is using illegally mined private data and manipulating people into paying to fix it. Total scam with no value to society.

Original review: July 8, 2019

This scam of a website has nothing but 10% accurate information and 90% false information. They claim I am Muslim while I was born, lived, and raised Christian. They claim I have criminal record when I have none. I will sue this company for false information and reputation damage.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Signed up for one month. They double billed me the first month. I canceled and they continued to double bill. They have billed $179.55 in fraudulent billing. Called customer service and cannot get anyone who can solve the problem. The service operator has a thick accent and is almost impossible to understand.

Original review: July 8, 2019

A buddy of mine told me his brother is in jail for a bunch of stuff so I googled his name to see if I could find public records on what it was for. This is a kid who has had trouble his whole life, bad associations, multiple arrests, and is in jail, and he has a 3.75 out of 5 on this website. I’m a veteran and a law enforcement officer with no prior criminal history, never even been arrested. Only have a few traffic violations from years ago and had to file a chapter 13 a few years ago. This site says I have a 1.98 out of five based on criminal history and associations, but those associations or also respectable people with good backgrounds. This thing is a scam.

Original review: July 8, 2019

CEO Jeff Tinsley is making a fortune off selling bad data. It is time to get together and end this hostage situation we are all being held in. I requested to opt-out and was directed to subscribe to a membership. In my profile, I copied and pasted my rights to file a federal complaint and then they remove my page entirely. It is 2019, we as citizens have a right to maintain our privacy and not be exploited to pay fees to maintain this privacy. If this continues, we MUST take collective action against all these companies and make this practice illegal. I hold "Oak Investment Partners" liable, as well as CEO Jeff Tinsley, Ancestry.com. MyLife has already been sued for "MyLife was tricking consumers into giving the company their personal identifying information," it's time we get this right and shut them down!

Original review: July 7, 2019

Simply put, information and profiles compiled by this scam service are wrong. The trust scores are bogus -- my relative's score was low "because she knew someone with a low score." They imply criminal activity where there is none. Information is likely pulled together by googling and the result is a mash-up that is wrong. They will fight any attempt to remove your profile, even though they make it sound easy on the web site (simply email or call-- but don't expect any service). This business represents all that is wrong with the internet; the ability to gather information and sell the resulting bogus products to a public that is reasonably concerned these days about personal security. They need to be stopped.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I, like others, came across MyLife by searching my own name. I have been rated as "Bad" due to alleged associations I have with others. I have never been in any trouble, pay my bills and just get along. The alleged associates who may or may not have done anything wrong all have higher ratings than me! How does that make sense?? I don't deserve this rating and am trying to get myself removed from their database.

Original review: July 4, 2019

So I came across this MyLife web site. After they sent me an email saying people were searching for me. Upon going there they did the whole get your information to build a report and try to sell you a membership deal. On the first page it has your name and some other information including a picture that is supposed to be of you.

Back in the days of Windows XP, I owned the web site alien-computer and built ornate computer cases for people who had too much money to know what to do with, and back when the X Flies was popular, people had me build them computers with little alien dioramas in the front of them. So under the cd or dvd drive there is an unused space and I would put in a box with blinking lights and a ufo made of plastic and little 3 inch tall green rubber aliens. So for the picture of me they have a picture of 1 of the dioramas showing 3 aliens out on patrol after their ship crashed. SO I do hope no one in their right or wrong mind would ever take these morons seriously, I mean really, lol ha ha ha And don't bother calling these morons on the phone as it has the exact same effect as asking one of those 8 balls you shake up and turn upside down a question. I really do wish I could post that picture here with this review so as to expose their total stupidity.

Original review: July 3, 2019

There is more false information than true under my profile and it seems you have to pay them in order to have access to edit information. This should be a crime!!! Why would anyone want to pay this company for information you can get from public records when MyLife does not have up to date or true records?

Original review: July 3, 2019

I came across the Mylife site whilst searching my own name on the web. They had multiple errors in multiple categories including my employment, relatives and associates, and residence. When I explained the reason for the call they started into a list of excuses and a sales pitch. I asked for a copy of their full report to be sent to me so I could verify it but they insisted I become a member first! It looks like they have just aggregated data from people with similar names. They claimed they could not do anything about the data since it was public records. The person I spoke with did not seem the least concerned that they had inaccurate data or that it was impacting a publicly posted "reputation score". Who knows what the impact has been when people see a low "reputation score"?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I stumbled upon MyLife.com and entered my name. Their records indicated that I was "incarcerated or Other" criminal records. I don't even have a traffic ticket and I can count parking tickets on one hand! Being totally offended, I contacted them (offshore call center (of course)) and was given previous addresses in states in which I have never resided. I was told that the provided info. is not their fault and that they receive info. from other websites; if I wanted to correct the information I should go to my county courthouse to do so. Really??? I sure hope no agency/individual takes their rating seriously.

Original review: July 1, 2019

The information that this website gives out for the world to see for me is completely false. Let's just begin with the silly stuff: It states that I am single. I have been happily married to the same guy for too many years to count!! Then it states that there may be a criminal record for me and that my score is 3.75 of 5. Then they make you go through this endless process of waiting to download your data. In order to correct the information they FALSELY publish to the world, you have to pay them a fee to join their website. Why isn't the State Attorney General's Office investigating them and shutting them down?

MyLife Company Information