2.48/5

Need a background check company?

MyLife

Need a background check company?

1129 MyLife Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Emailed to have my information, mostly incorrect, removed/opted out and was told that my info was from public record, public services, and the govt. and could not be removed. However, with a premium ($$$) acct I could edit or remove unwanted info. It's weird how people can basically take your info without paying you, show it to others for free or for a very small fee yet you have to pay to have it privatized! Pure extortion. Let's get this class action underway because every day I have random numbers calling me trying to get or confirm info to steal my identity every day.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I signed up for a trial period of $1, they charged my account $119,40. When I called 888-704-1900 a gal answered with a heavy accent trying to convince me that there was no dollar fee and that I had signed up for a Year's subscription then placed me on hold without returning. They scam you for inaccurate information. Do not use this fraudulent company and if you are scammed by them (Dispute charges). This company should be shut down.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was looking up some information on names and came across the MyLife service. I signed up for a trial for $1 for an 8 day trial; I was offered an extension for an additional $1 -- little did I understand that the extension was for MyLife Updates, an additional service, not additional 7 days. After the 8 days, I was charged $74.95. When I called, they were happy to turn off automatic billing, but refused to refund any of my money -- even though I will never again use their service. I recommend you not sign-up for a trial at all as their customer service sucks and they won't refund your money if you do call. Also, make sure you understand completely what you're signing up for as the websites don't try too hard to make it that clear.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Several inaccuracies. First off my GF has minor court records from the 1990s then another 10 years ago. I have a couple infractions myself and was fined 20 years ago. Neither of us did anything that bad and nobody got hurt. We have amended our lives over the years however. I see she has a much lower score than I do 3.25 to 3.90 when both scores should be higher. It also says I lived in a town which I most certainly did not and it doesn't even list where I lived and worked for 8 years. Is there going to be a class action suit??

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

This website is absurd. I am a physician with an excellent credit record who has gone on medical missions to the third world, consistently gives to charity, and lives a positive spiritual existence. This website listed me as the proprietor of a business in Delaware that I have never even heard of. It listed a litany of false criminal charges for me and my father. They should be shut down by a huge class action lawsuit as many people have experienced the same sort of lies. The reputation scale is nonsense as well as it includes no experience with the person but rather uses some arbitrary rating system to define a person's reputation. This site represents the worst of the information age.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

The details posted on MyLife.com for myself was VERY inaccurate including reporting that I have judgements or liens against me, a bankruptcy, have been jailed or have convictions - all of which are NOT TRUE at all. They are reporting aliases for me that are incorrect, but in looking at others persons with my same name, apparently, THEY have the same aliases. What bothered me most was that the system indicated I was a widower - I asked my wife (of 26 years) how she felt about this and she was completely unclear when she passed away.

MUCH of the info it presents "may or may not be relevant" to the person as it all comes from publicly available sites (none of which they could tell me about). The fact that they expect you to pay to get in to edit your information and then to continue to maintain it, you must continue to pay them money. When you look at other people with the same name suddenly showing the same sets of aliases, it is NOT necessarily related to "you" personally, but just them gathering as much data as possible and having a bunch of seemingly related details merged together.

Someone looking at this site would not realize this and just make an assumption of who I am based on what it finds. This is unacceptable and could potentially be something this company could be held liable for (even though they state they are simply gathering from other sites - THEY are the ones doing additional publishing which makes them just as accountable).

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I paid for a year of service from this company which was supposed to be billed monthly. They took out the whole year at once. I ran a check on a guy friend and myself. On the guys file 70% of the information said Pending Information. The information it gave for me was misleading and outright false. Listed two people it said I was related to that I had never heard of before and it also said that I had a criminal record but I do not. Of course it also wanted more money for me to correct the information. I called the company (call center in India) and discussed these issues and received no help whatsoever, I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor said she would give me a full refund and it would take 3 to 5 business days, it's now been 9 days and no credit has been issued. I emailed the company to have my personal information removed from their site and received a reply back that stated it was public information and it would not be removed. How is it legal to make it look like someone has a criminal record? They do this because they know people will spend money to see this supposed information.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

MyLife.com collects internet data that has not been verified by MyLife.com then apply a bogus social rating to your name based on speculative information and NOT based on personal experience with the person. If you have a bankruptcy it is in a big red alert and affects your score as if to say you are not a credible person even though some of the sweetest kindest people I have ever know have filed bankruptcy. This is insane that we have lowered ourselves to take digital gossip as the gospel. God help us in the time of utter ignorance.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I have an outstanding Job record, Hold a Pharmacy licence, and my profile there, makes it appear as if I have criminal background. I know my BG check, and they were from 2 cases dismissed, and never charged! Yet this company puts it out there and makes it look damaging to me or to potential employers. They want me to pay them high dollar amounts, so I can correct it. Never-charged and dismissed cases, should never be included in some person's current reputation. This should be illegal, they are extorting your information so that you will want to correct what is being made to look so horrendous. To get money from you. Then you can only respond to the flags.

It will still say this person has criminal or court records and barely raise your score for responding as to why something was discharged and dismissed. It makes me look terrible. And I am not letting them suck money out of me to get my score up by a point. The site is complete BS and a class action lawsuit should be in the works. This is EXTORTION. Even hard working honest people have things on record that were never actually charged, and/or dismissed and this company is using those things to put fear into people so they will buy a subscription that lets you respond to such flags, then it still doesn't go away, it only increases half a point.

Never charged and dismissed cases; should not be able to be used here. EXTORTION to the fullest extent. Lying, thieving company. I hope potential employers for me will not ever reference them. I am astonished how inaccurate and criminal like they make ones appear. It shows my neighbors as relatives and lowers my score because of their "criminal activity"... Absurd, I've know my neighbors over 20 years and certainly if there is anything related to criminal then it also was dismissed and never-charged. My neighbors are most honest trusting people and this site also has their level at "poor". This is a terrible business and stealing money from people, extortion. Bring on that class action lawsuit, so we can get them right.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Their 1.00 week trial cost 107.40. Stay away. Huge scammers. Avoid their website. Their site says it will cost 1 dollar for seven day, they charged 107.40 to my credit card. Tried to have it removed, they talk out their ** to try to keep your money. Had to call my credit card company and told them what they did was fraud.

MyLife Company Information