1.8/5 (1666 ratings)

About MyLife

MyLife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: April 26, 2022

This site is completely and wholly a deceptive and fraudulent site. I was initially charged $6.95 for an incomplete report, and moments later, my card was charged another $14.95. Then this morning, when I logged in, I saw another $28.95 being charged to my credit card for a service I never authorized. I contacted my credit card company and they declined the latest charge, and the 2nd charge is in dispute. If you find yourselves being defrauded by MyLife, call your credit card company and have them put a vendor block on MyLife. They deserve to be put out of business.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I did a search in my own name. Most information was not available or it was over 20 years old. My current address was not listed. My telephone number and address were incorrect. I paid $14.95 to receive an incomplete/incorrect report.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I undertook their offer of a 7-day free trial. On day 3, I called to cancel and was told that the cancellation date would be on the 22nd of February. My current credit card statement shows 2 charges for 29.95 (2/24 and 3/24) and a 99.90 charge on 3/20. All of these are after the Feb., 22nd cancellation date! Today, they tell me they have no record of me cancelling my account and continued to "sell'' me on their services. They literally have stolen $159.80 from me through their deceitful business practice. I asked for a refund but this request was refused! I am far from the only person to have had this experience with this organization. SCAM... FRAUD... They have a C- rating and it should be much lower!

Original review: March 15, 2022

This site emailed me saying they had information about me. The email looked like a scam so I looked up the site and it looked like crap. Then I found an article from 2011 about how there was a lawsuit against them for scamming people out of money and having incorrect information about the people supposedly on the site. Then I found myself here reading multiple peoples reviews about being scammed by said site. Why is this scammer site still in operation? Why did the lawsuit not continue? This site is a front to bait people and steal their money while giving no real information about the people they are looking into. It needs to be shut down as I could see many people who are not as aware of scammers getting the same email I did and following through with signing up to see what “damaging info they have on you and how it could effect your reputation”… They basically try to scare people in to signing up. Disgraceful.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

They charged me without my consent 3 different transactions today! I literally argued with them about the illegal transactions they did!! Said they couldn't refund or reverse anything!! Well I did get it handled!! However I'm thinking lawyer, consumers, and those affected by their misleading ways come together and make them stop stealing from consumers and falsifying backgrounds on individuals and neighbors.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I had a 3 day trial and they charged the full month before the three days were up. I called, cancelled, refunded, and was charged *again* the Next month. Screenshot small print bc they will lie to you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I looked up myself and almost everything they had about me was wrong. Horrible site. Seems like a scam to me. I certainly wouldn't trust in it hiring an employee or checking on a potential date. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Shady **! Paid the $1 fee for a quick report and got NOTHING in return. It just refreshed the screen and didn't give me the info for which I was paying the buck.

It auto enrolled me into auto renewal for a full sub. There's NO WAY to cancel it that I can find!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

The site is so incorrect it's laughable!! I never lived in Texas, don't know any people associated with my name which is also incorrect!! How dare they put out this info to the public and try to ruin someone's 'stellar' reputation! I say try cause thank God no one has used them as a reference. Reputable business or people with half a brain wouldn't take this site seriously! If they have... Shame on them for looking at this site for someone's personal background info and believing it to be true! This site should be taken down period!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

On December 15, 2021, using PayPal, I authorized a $1.00 payment to MyLife.com for services they provided. Paypal confirmed the $1.00 charge, but that confirmation called for a "$99.90 USD next payment due on December 19, 2021". The documents from Paypal also showed that my account now contained a "MyLife $99.90 billing cycle every 3 months, until cancellation".

The statement from Paypal had a comment "To change or cancel automatic payment with MyLife.com, log into your PayPal account, go to your profile and choose Payment. Then click 'manage automatic payment'". I was not able to get to the feature to cancel the automatic payment, so I wrote to PayPal to cancel the future automatic payment and copied my USAA credit card company to not pay anything after the $1.00 authorized payment had processed. I believe that the MyLife firm uses these types of fraudulent billing practices with MANY others as well, and those practices need to be shut down. Thank you.

MyLife Company Information