1.01/5

Need a background check company?

650 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Says on website when you search for my name that I have an arrest record and bankruptcy. I've never been in trouble in my entire life let alone claimed bankruptcy. I emailed them to remove it, which they won't. "Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies. DOES have Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies. Check Full Background Report to see local, state and federal court documents, sensitive legal information and any litigation that Rachel may have been involved in. We'll reveal arrest details like case numbers, offense descriptions, and booking dates, where available."

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I signed up to get ONE report. They don't tell you that once they have your payment info they will be automatically charging you for 2 different accounts on a monthly basis, if you press in that you want a Premium Report. There is no earthly way to unsubscribe online. You have to call a phone number and it's hard to understand their reps. And to top it off the report that I got, had numerous errors. Even saw errors on myself. A waste of $$$ in my opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Suddenly out of the blue even after never going to the website MyLife.com I receive up to 10 emails per day telling me my reputation has been compromised, I have dozens of people searching for me online, that my reputation score has gone down. I never signed up for this or asked for it. I personally feel stalked and harassed. They want you to go to their site and enter more of your personal information which I know better. This site should be shut down.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Stumbled upon this site and searched myself just because I was curious to see what it was. Not only was it inaccurate but blatantly criminal by saying this may exist or that may exist. I immediately called the corp and had my information removed as it is a public business offering data on consumers. I recorded the conversations then and threatened them with a lawsuit. Today 10-6-18 I decided to check up on whether or not my data was truly deleted and believe me when it comes to data and collecting evidence I screen record and screenshot key data including their fake splash screens showing they are compiling data. I called them once again and explained they were being recorded. They immediately hung up. I called back and kept calling back harassing them till eventually they removed my data once again. Remember I screenshot and screen recorded the entire incident. MyLife is a scam praying on innocent people with erroneous data.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

This site is out to get your money either by using a "false headline" about a person or they want to charge you to "correct" the lies they make up about you. Their information is either fabricated and/or so outdated it's useless. Seems this company should be sued for "defamation of character" and their site only shows you good reviews about themselves and none of the neg's. So in reality they are nothing more than "thieves and liars" themselves like the people they are trying to protect others from! Go figure!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My husband's public profile when you google his name states he is of Middle Eastern descent, Jewish religion and single. None of which is anywhere near true. Complete guesses based on his last name. Why would anyone want to pay for info from this site when they are just guessing. If I correct them I would be doing their job for them, not going to happen. Should be lawsuits against this company to shut them down.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

MyLife should be shut down and sued. I just took a screenshot after googling my name. Most of the information is total b.s... not even close to accurate information about me. I find this insulting. Also, isn't this considered slander/libel? I will be further looking into this.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Mylife.com should be shut down. The false info it put about me online that anyone could read is quite an insult. This person has caused me and many others misfortune when others try to search when I apply for jobs. Since I'm a teacher, any parent or student could look me online and see the false info since Mylife.com put false info about me.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I wanted to look myself up on Google, as I have nothing to hide but just wanted to see what search engines would say. The biggest complaint I had was that I never gave any permission to MyLife to put a certain picture of me up. The picture was old and outdated and didn't look very professional. The salary information about me was way off. I'm glad I looked this up because if I would have tried to get a job and they saw the higher salary I was making, it could have caused problems. I thought salaries were suppose to be secret and I didn't know it was legal for MyLife to post a salary of a person online without permission.

The part where I worked was correct but I still don't want everyone to be able to just look me up. This was VERY invasive of MyLife and I NEVER signed up and I NEVER gave MyLife permission to post a picture or salary information about me. I do not trust this company and am quite displeased with this. I am going to contact management, even though they going to remove my profile, this is was very wrong of them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I tried a couple of times to remove information. Most of the info about me is false. This is an invasion of my privacy. It's strange that the site periodically changes your rating when you attempt to delete anything untrue about you. Someone makes additional changes without my knowledge. I have no control of the website. This is a really shady business as you can't really do anything to change anything. They want you to pay to maintain any control of the website.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I contacted the customer service department for this scam of a website. I was assured my information would be removed. It's months later and it's still on there, indicating that I might be a sexual predator!!! WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando has run reports on this site. I don't know why it is still allowed on the net.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Go to: **. Then read: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has revoked MyLife's accreditation, initially giving MyLife a rating of D-, and later an F, [18] stating "On March 20, 2015 this company's accreditation in BBB was revoked... due to recent government action involving the business's customer relations which indicates a significant failure of the business to meet standards of conduct expected of a BBB member". THEIR USA ADDRESS IS A UPS STORE IN WESTWOOD,CA, WHERE THEY HAVE A BOX #. THEIR BRITISH ADDRESS IS LIKEWISE.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I haven't logged into one of my old email accounts in quite sometime. I logged into it today, and seen several emails from this company from July and August 2018, stating that I have critical errors on my background check that can impact my reputation score. I clicked on the free report and it has my car from 2009. My employment position from LinkedIn. Current address and several past ones, as well as social media sites. It also says that men, women, and anonymous people have searched for me. I'm not paying to see what it all says, but I can say that I don't like this at all!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

MyLife searches out anyone with an 'internet presence.' The owner gives you a 'good review' (who doesn't even KNOW us) then after some time has passed they suddenly bombard us with e-mails that state 'there are NEGATIVE THINGS on your reputation report!!' A 'general' line that there are 'arrest or bankruptcy records' - when either there are NOT, or say a said bankruptcy that is YEAR OLD was EXPUNGED and should NOT be used!!! Then, they offer to 'FIX' our reputations if we JOIN and pay a substantial monthly fee!! Are you freaking kidding me??!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Jeff Tinsley is the owner, CEO and a bunch of other crap on mylife.com. He is a piece of garbage and cost me countless job interviews over things that were and are absolutely untrue. This is his scam - Tinsley has his landing page so that it has one lie after the next about you. Things he puts together himself...though he denies this...it’s the truth. For you to be able to remove anything he has written you have to pay which is extortion. So, when you look up Jeff Tinsley on Facebook and you see the big house behind him and his obvious selfish wife all that money is from him extorting people. He’s a horrible human being. Someone needs to do something. He’s a natural born liar and he belongs in jail.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I tried to have my name removed to no avail. So, I attempted to correct the information and they lowered my reputation level. They listed relatives I never heard of. They listed people from my high school that I don't know. They reported various court cases that I actually won as still open. Even worse, they reported arrests, evictions that never occurred. Some of the material dated back 35 years! When I contacted customer service, I talked to Manila in the Philippines. Not the office in Los Angeles. This CEO is a crook. The site is not accredited and Homeland Security should shut this down immediately.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I signed up with this company because I was searching for a scammer in this city that was taking properties from elderly people his company served. Later I began receiving alerts that someone was checking my profile. They have 4 people with my name listed. One of the people has a judgment against them and it was applied to me. This is a despicable company that publishes false information and destroys your reputation. I'm now required to go to the Ohio Department of Taxation and to the Common Pleas Court and get proof that I don't owe anything in order to clear up my reputation. Joining this site is the worst mistake I could have made. They should be fined for distributing fake information about subscribers. Stay away from this company. It is located in the United Kingdom and not the United States.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

When I look up this website it gets 1 start, and they want to get me to open them, sign up, and so they send this thing about criminal record, I have no criminal record but that is them, being unethical to get business.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

You can subscribe online, but can only cancel by calling. I had to call multiple times before I was even able to speak to a person. I received multiple emails that "someone was searching for me", but never actually saw anything like that. The site lures you in to subscribe by implying there's something fishy on your record (like an arrest, even if you've never been arrested), but it's just a scam.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

They show I have 1 or more arrest or criminal record which is ridiculous. Anyone Googling could see this site saying this about me and think it is true. I have to hold a security clearance for my job - I wouldn't be employed if this were true. Can this be categorized as slander? I would like to know what source they are pulling from! I have never been in trouble with the law. I am trying to find a way to get this removed. In fact why is my current address, email address, phone number and make/model of my car on this site? As well as my salary. The other ridiculous part is they add how I am related to people I have never heard of and they are asking for money. SCAM.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I think I signed up for classmates.com many years ago. That being said, I get numerous emails from this company, stating there are alerts for changes in my reputation score, and have tried to correct the errors a few times now. Some of the information is blatant lies. I know my ex-husband, but we have not exchanged anything since we signed off on a marital home. I am also allegedly associated with his presumable new wife. Never mind, I have no blood relatives listed as associates or family.

Meanwhile, my alleged reputation score keeps dropping, citing my criminal activity and ex-husband's legal filings (which are NONE of my business) and my attempts to correct the narrative about, well, my real life, are edited with so many errors, I'm done with it. They will not get a dime, which implies blackmail to me, to correct these errors. If you finally get to Wikipedia.org and look for information on this company, you will find it is not an accredited agency, and it will continue to face lawsuits for blatant false information about people.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I receive emails from MyLife telling me that I need to act quickly because my reputation is falling. I receive a couple of emails from them annually. I normally ignore their emails. How did I get on this list? I click over to their website and it starts with, "Let us help you stop your reputation from falling farther." They only want $6.95 a month times 12 months, upfront as their best deal. Or how about $11.95 a month, month to month but it cost them $89.99 to dredge up information with my name. I know there are two other people with the same name that live in the US. And how did they get my Social Security number?

This site is a scam site looking for those folks who believe everything they read on the internet is real. I want to stop this company from baiting and then ruining people’s lives with absolute rubbish. What do I need to do to sign up to end this harassment? My private life is my business, MyLife needs to stop with the outrageous drama. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Their website says I have 1 or more records found in incarceration and/or public record. This is NOT true and I'm curious where they are getting this information. Based on the 100% of negative reviews I have read, I'm guessing MyLife wants you to subscribe based out of fear to view the fake information. This is absolutely disgusting that I need to even come on here to protect my identity from a for-profit, horrible company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have replied to emails from MyLife, letting them know that I am not the one connected with the profile they have for me. No one replies and all I get are offers to pay in order to get into this profile. This is the most ridiculous thing on the internet I have ever encountered. They are basically criminals.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was in the process of getting married and my fiancé family did a search on me and MyLife.com showed up saying I have bankruptcy criminal records, my date of birth was wrong but showing, allowing people to leave False comments without prior approval, of my employer gets ahold of this false info it will cost me my career! Is there a lawsuit against them? I want in! If not I think we all should get together for a class act lawsuit against MyLife.con. They are even posting photos of me? This is against the HIPAA laws.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I did a Google search and came upon MyLife.com site. Out of curiosity, I entered my own name and was appalled to see the false information on my profile. I have never had any criminal records, lawsuits, liens, or bankruptcies at all as listed. It also lists some people I have no relation with whatsoever. I cannot believe Mylife.com would publish such false information. This site should be fined and shut down.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had a profile long time ago, but when I search for my self, Shows that I am **, make 10.000 a yr and I’m worth 1 dollar. Also my religion is agnostic, and my criminal records include DUI etc. I’m **, Greek Orthodox. Never had a DUI or a conviction, my last income tax was more than 10.000.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Was browsing the web and found this odd site. It is very odd that there is a "reputation score" for something that I have no clue on what it is. Was looking at some personal information on myself, much to my curiosity, but was a bit afraid to even tap on a button. I came to this site and read some reviews and was astonished with them. Glad I didn't get scammed. Sounds pretty unfair, and a form of blackmail.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I am so frustrated with this company. Why would anyone want or have to pay to get your correct information fixed. They are so way off that it's unreal. Where do they even get their information from? It is awful. You go on their site and realize you're 10 years older, the picture of you looks like some pornstar. They won't even change it. Is there anything I can do about it? Anyone here ever get anything from them without paying for it? I am honestly thinking about paying just to change my information and then stopping the payment when I am done. Worse company ever! And you cant understand anyone from customer service. The one I just spoke to sounded like she was drunk and I heard kids screaming in the background. Very unprofessional!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have been applying for a lot of jobs and not getting any bites for many months. I just decided to type my name in the search bar and see what came up. I don't know how, but MyLife has a TON of PERSONAL information! How do they even get this information!? They even have my CHILDREN'S NAMES! This is incredibly unsettling!!! I am in shock that this is even legal. They give me two "stars" out of five because of my EX-HUSBAND'S bankruptcy. It makes me look like a total loser, and if I were an employer, I wouldn't want to hire me either. I am in utter disbelief about this. MyLife should be shut down!

MyLife Company Information