2. Background Check Companies

1.8/5 (1654 ratings)

About MyLife

MyLife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Wanted to search a name. Do not be fooled by this website. You pay $1.00 and you end up being charged $99.00 AFTER AN HOUR BEWARE!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE!!! THESE SITES ARE OPERATED BY SCAM ARTIST. mylife-inc.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

MyLife.com records False information, I’ve contacted them several times and they will Not remove the False information on my account. I asked them to also to delete my name & information from their website. I even bought a subscription to try to correct the information, that didn’t work! Not only is the information False, they have people listed on my account I’m not related to or even know who these people are! Employers look you up on their website and the information on there has kept me from getting jobs! I explained all this to them but they DIDN’T care. This MyLife.com needs to be taken down especially now after I read others complains regarding this same matter. This is a horrible website and company.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I purchased the temporary membership, and there was wrong information about family members and employment. I called and the operator was very rude and it was a hassle to cancel my subscription. This is a full scam.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

As others have said, this is a scam. It has my address from 2007, and says I have a criminal history and a “score” of 1.7. All the listed family members are nobody I’ve heard of. Avoid these types of sites.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I signed up for the $1 three day trial. I looked at the worthless and incorrect information, and then cancelled the trial, which they make exceptionally difficult. But the website did display a page that said my subscription was cancelled. Then, three days later I was charged $55. I called customer service immediately and was repeatedly lied to by their representative. He then called me a list saying that if I had actually cancelled the subscription that it would have displayed a confirmation number, and without it there was nothing he could do. I did ended up using a curse word, and he threatened to hang up me...it was the word **. (I just wanted to clarify that it was not directed at the rep.) I repeated my point that this was a unauthorized charge and would be contesting it with my card company immediately after hanging up.

At this point the representative says he can authorise a downgrade in my subscription service. They would refund me a little more than half of the charge, but I would still be getting charged $19.95 or $24.95, I can't recall exactly. Since I wanted at least the $30 back or whatever I said that was better than nothing, and to go ahead and process that. Gave me a cancellation confirmation number and told me I should have an email in 5 minutes. I asked if his name or employee number would be present in that email because I was filing a Better Business Bureau report and I wanted to give them accurate information on who I spoke with.

It was at this point that he said "he had just been authorized to go ahead and process my full refund and cancel my subscription". Interesting how it authorized within seconds, not even long enough for him to explain the situation to a supervisor or make a special request. He said the refund would process in 3 to 5 days but it all depended on my bank. I did get a confirmation email that said they would be refunding me the entire amount, but that remains to be seen. Don't fall for their one-day trial, the information they provide is inaccurate at best, and the "score" is worthless in reality. If you really want some information use one of the well known services that provide a one-time fee for the information not a subscription plan. This is an outright fraud. They just want to steal your money.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Mylife,'s profile had me associated with people I never heard of and listed me as having lived in places in which I have never been. My reputation was declared to be poor--10% below the national average! The site proclaimed that I have a court record (divorce court maybe??). And of course most people reading that wouldn't pay the fee to see the purported record, so might imagine anything! I'm a poor widow existing on SS and a pension, with only a mortgaged house and junker car as equity, yet was alleged to be worth $250,000--$500,000 with an annual income of from 70 to 79 thou! (I wish!).

Even public info about my property was screwed up! The accompanying photos were of people and a dog I've never seen. When I called the company, the rep gave me the mandatory spiel about paying to have other websites' info removed. Why would anyone trust Mylife?! I told the girl that I don't care if accurate info about me is posted online. I was promised that my profile would be removed in a few days. We'll see.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Do not put much faith in the information provided by this website. I have found that their "reputation" score is based upon much false information. For instance, my family profile lists people I'm not even remotely related to and don't even know. Next, mylife.com lists previous known residences. Again, information is incorrect. Although mylife.com has a disclaimer that its information cannot be used for certain activities, there is no way that mylife.com can legally make or enforce that promise. Here's their disclaimer:

"You can use MyLife.com® as a valuable resource to learn about anyone you meet online, especially on dating sites and in online marketplaces, to help prevent becoming the victim of fraud, or worse. You can search to find information on anyone. Information on MyLife may NOT be used for employment, credit, housing or any transactions where the Fair Credit Reporting Act is involved. Use MyLife.com® to connect with old friends, family members, colleagues, classmates, and others through a simple search. And search for yourself to see what people finds about you online."

Mylife.com information has been used by a person in my HOA community to ruin my reputation including my attempt to run as a Director of the HOA association that we both live in based upon quite a bit of false information; false information that has publicly turned a number of people against me without ever meeting me or getting to know me and that information has been shared on a public forum known as Nextdoor.com so that my competitor candidates would gain community support.

As far as I'm concerned, Mylife.com needs to make sure what they are offering as true and correct information is just that. Mylife.com false information has ruined my life in a community I had hoped to live in until I die, but due to mylife.com's false, negative information, it appears that I'm going to have to move just to stop the public and personal harassment I have been subjected to even after obtaining a temporary restraining order against the individual spreading the mylife.com information.

Original review: July 22, 2021

This company is publishing fraud information.. There is another women 4 years older than me with the same first and last name. We live in the same city right now. This company is stating her information and mine is the same. It says I have a long list of traffic crimes and I have never had a ticket my entire life. I contacted them to remove my information several times and they won't comply..

Original review: July 20, 2021

Full of lies and half truths. Got on a chat with the public relations person, Paublo. He said they got their information for 35+ other public sites and if I signed up they would help me clear up the discrepancies in these sites. I asked them to remove my information from their site and I got the reply "Can I help you with anything else?" IMHO they are blood sucking scum who make up sensationalism to sell information. My report was full of lies about court rulings against me. I am a retired CPA. I would not have been able to be a CPA if any of that was true.

Original review: July 9, 2021

This site states that I have a criminal record - a complete lie. They should be shut down. I believe they are trying to scare people into buying a subscription to remove information about themselves that is not true. Instead I called their 800 number and explained that I would have my attorney contact them regarding the slanderous information they published about me to the public without my permission, and Voila! - they removed my profile from their system.

MyLife Company Information