2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

MyLife Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2020

Checked on another person I am related to false information, untrue information, wrong information then was charged twice!! This site should be shut down for the worst fact checks on a person background and anything else related to people check.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I literally just got off the phone with their CS Department. After five phone calls, I finally received the e-mail I had been asking for, a confirmation letter stating that my account had been cancelled. I called their customer service department shortly after I subscribed as I was billed for the year and not on a monthly basis. Their ploys to keep your money are obvious and childish. They told me on the first call that I would receive an email stating my membership was cancelled. I received received an email, two in fact, for advertisements. I called them again and was put on hold for 25 minutes with really aggravating music and was then told, again, an email would be sent.

After I looked into my online banking app, I seen that the charge for $119.40 was no longer pending and had been charged to the account. After I had calmed down, I made another phone call. This was much of the same drama as before. On my 4th phone call, I was given a name that would show up in my email stating that the account was canceled. I was also informed that because I had not actually asked for a refund, that they wouldn't be refunding my money. That was quite crafty. Finally after the 5th call stating that I was not going to get off the phone until an email was sent to me confirming cancellation and a refund, I received what I had been asking for for 3 days. Do not, I repeat, do not fall for their tactics. They are scammers and trying to get your money back out of them is a long process.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2020

My identity was stolen and the police brought to my attention that all my personal information was posted on Mylife.com (last 4 of my SSN, mother's maiden name, etc)..quick Google search. I called and emailed them to take it down and they refer me to "FAQ18" which is what type of payment they accept. Turns out you have to pay for a membership to remove or edit your information. The link has photos of me, my family, my dog, my house. they have set me up to be victimized by thieves, criminals, burglars and who knows what else. They continue to remove my information unless I pay them.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Back in October, I signed up for the 3 day $1.00 trial, and within that HOUR I cancelled everything possible on my account. Today, May 1st, I received a $59.95 charge on my account. I called customer service, stayed on hold for over 30 minutes, told the representative my issue, and only for him to disappear? The line did not even hang up, he just stopped talking to me. I am currently on hold AGAIN, and I e-mailed them as well. This is most definitely a scam, and they have been sued before for this as well. I am hoping to get my money back, which they took without authorization and permission. This is especially terrifying given that we are in a pandemic, and they are just taking money for no reason.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I went and checked it out, I applied for the 3 day membership to try it out for $1. After submitting the form I received a response from my Bank as I have alerts set up on my account that $83.45 was being processed by My Life. I imediately called MyLife and the representative said, "No sir you must have clicked the year membership and therefore are being charged for 1 year." I assured them that I had not selected a 1 year membership and in fact selected the 3 day $1 button.

I want my money back. They wanted to argue with me on what I selected and then finally said they would process a refund. They gave me a case number and I then waited. The following day my bank is charge .83 for a foreign transaction and I call the bank and it is my life foreign transaction fee out of England. Since I have a visa number they charge a foreign transaction fee. Now this is most odd since Mylife shows they are headquartered in LosAngeles. I called back and they inform me that it will take 3 -5 business days from today to get my money back. Hmm that is odd too since we live in the electronic age and it was pulled in 3/10 of a second from my account. So far no refund has shown as even being attempted. Do yourself a favor and not use this service. It is a foreign front company and not representing themselves accurately. They will scam you out of a 1 year membership then hit you with foreign transaction fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: April 27, 2020

First, they are combining my records with a person who has a very somebody with a similar name. 2nd) It's not, "Right" to report an X-Step mother, who I've not seen for 30 years, since she cheated on, & divorced my father, as my Associate, or to report an X-Wife, who I've not seen in 16 years, after 8 years in family court, & 2 years in Bankruptcy for an 11-month marriage where she wanted $70,000 for 11-month marriage, as my Associates.

It's not right for MyLife to report Dead people, who I've not seen for 15 years, as my associates. It's not right for MyLife to include these above mentioned people as my associates, & lower my Reputation Score because of their Criminal Records. I have nothing to do with them or there criminal records. It's not right for MyLife to Lower my Reputation score because, neighboring people, (who I do Not know) living within 2-blocks of my house.

It's, not "Right" for MyLife to report count Court Records against me when I was found innocent, & were only the result of my X-wife's manipulations of the police. They are the villains. My son, my current wife of 21-years, & I are the victims. Now, MyLife is reporting my reputation score as questionable, when

I did my best to save my son and get our family away from those bad people.

My Court records are only a product of my X-wife’s manipulations, and false accusations to the police. Sadly, arrests are not taken off of your records, when proven innocent. It only says dismissed. But, MyLife is counting it against my Reputation score. My Bankruptcy, only happened after my X-wife dragged me through court for 8 years, & had her friends, kick in the back door, rob my house, and damage my cars, after the judge told her she would not be getting spousal maintenance, nor $70,000 for an 11 month marriage, when my total property value was $30,000.

Also, my score decreased, every time, I tried to correct the entries, of these people off of my profile, (which the site says is free). How is that fair or "Right." My Reputation score even went down when I Emailed them. Asking for then to correct or remove the Info. MyLife originally reported my Reputation Score as 2.68-(Green). It Lowered to 1.8-(orange) after I tried to remove the above mentioned people as my associated-(Which the website says you can do for Free). I wanted to try to fix this & I also did not want my personal Info displayed on the website. So, I payed $1.00 for a 3-day Trial Membership. I turned off my personal Info, address & correct some Court records that are not mine-(which the website says you can do).

Now, they Billed my credit card $100, without my permission and my Reputation score is Now 0.56-(Red). So, as you can see, My TRUE records did NOT change. But, the WebSite Reputation score Lowered to the point of a Career Criminal, just for turning off my personal info, & trying to correct False Info. I am taking Screen shots of this, and I will be reporting this.

Please, MyLife, If you can not report these things correctly, than, stop hurting good people, who have already been hurt by other, people, who really are bad.

It's like saying the Jewish people who survived the death camps have a questionable or borderline bad reputation, because they have different addresses, Bankruptcy, poor credit, & associate with people who have a record. So, I request MyLife, to remove all of my information from their website and all other website they have any info sharing, or affiliation with.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I went to their website and checked my name. I only saw the little bit of information the show you before paying to see everything. The only thing that was correct was my name. Where they say I live is inaccurate. I never lived in that city. They listed 4-5 aquaintances. I have no clue who any of them are. Don't know them. Never knew them. They sure don't get even a little correct. Save your money. False information.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Paid for the $1 3-day trial. No mention of them planning on charging $55 after day 3. Called to cancel and get a refund. They out right refused. There goes companies working with their customers during Covid19 crisis. Also crap sales tactics claiming that the person you're trying to find has a criminal record. They're counting their dollars all the way to their shady bank. Agree they should be shut down.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I signed up for MyLife "free" subscription. The service I received was old information and I was not able to perform the tasks advertised. I call within 7 days and spoke to CSR only to find out that I will be billed the monthly rate to cancel. BS Company, do not sign up!

Original review: April 15, 2020

I found this company from a Google Ad and wanted to find where my Son, Richard ** was as he has not contacted his family in years. His daughter Elizabeth is devastated by this abandonment, as is his Son Michael **. After finding his address and employment we were finished and closed the 3 day trial in a day. This company only pulls from public records, giving old information. Asks you questions to fatten their history of who you are searching. Anyway, it was worth a $1. Checking my bank statement, so far, they have charged my Visa $75.96 so far I say. This is very disturbing, hopefully I will get my money back as I was assured, we will see and I will be back... Please don't let this happen to you, Thank you, Dorothy.

MyLife Company Information