1.01/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a background check company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

488 MyLife Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

This is a miserable company. Posting inaccurate information to get people to pay them to correct them. They represent the scum of the internet and of course the worst of humanity. When is the government going to investigate these delinquents? Let's begin a campaign to make them pay for damages. I have never had criminal convictions. I want them prosecuted for libelous information.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Over the course of about one month, I received 19 emails from Mylife that indicated or suggesting that I had a criminal record that needed my attention. I was dubious because I do not have criminal record, but at the same time concerned because maybe someone stole my identity and committed a crime. I called Mylife and they said that they could not supply the evidence until I paid them a fee. After some questioning, I was assured that I would receive a refund if the results did not conclude that I had a criminal record. After paying them a fee, it turned out that I had two traffic tickets. After calling the District courts of both cities in which they were located, I was thankfully reassured that the two tickets from more than 15 years prior were CIVIL TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, NOT CRIMINAL VIOLATIONS.

So I called Mylife to ask for a refund for misrepresenting the facts. The individual in which I spoke said that their company considered them to be criminal, although the United States government considered them to civil. We argued back and forth for sometime before he finally relented and processed me a refund. This company should be ashamed for sending out false fear-based statements.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The world's worst customer service. I don't recommend to anyone. I have put a message (e-mail). Last time I emailed 11 November with no answer not yet!!! If the answer does not answer my question promise to reply within 24 hours (email). Not true!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

This company markets itself as "reputation" company when most of the information it lists isn't true--and it charges you to correct that false information. I have stellar credit, no lawsuits, etc., but my profile is listed as having lawsuits/liens. What they're doing isn't legal. Let's hope there's a class action suit or the attorney general shuts it down.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Honestly, if I could give this "company" negative stars, I would. First of all, it said that I had a criminal record, which is 100% false. The worst offense I've had in my life is a speeding ticket and that was almost 25 years ago. They also claimed that I lived out of state at one point, which is also incorrect. I have lived in the same state my entire life. Just to see how inaccurate these people are, I looked up my mother. They stated she has no children and said she lived in 2 cities that she's never even visited before. Lastly, I looked up someone that I know for a fact has a criminal record and it never said anything about finding criminal history for him. I never paid MyLife a dime and nobody else should. Complete and utter scam looking to take you for a long ride.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

LIES and misinformation. This site won't allow you to remove incorrect info without payment and ALL information is faulty and/or misleading. This site is basically making you pay for them not to lie about you. I have "relatives" and associates that are unknown individuals - ones that could affect me, but the only way to "remove" their lies is to give them PERSONAL information that they have no right to have. This company is a SCAM and exposing people to the risk of identity theft. They should not be allowed to operate.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

This is a site that is releasing SENSITIVE information about the public that could very well cost someone their life. This is a site that is extorting money from people in order to rectify already false information populated on the MyLife.com. I have been Caucasian, African American, Republican, Democrat, kids, no kids... etc on this site. Internal population of misinformation and addresses as well as phone and e-mail will be continuously be uploaded by people internally as this is how they get into your pockets. I have notified authorities in my area as to this site and the very real potential of have grievance bodily harm done to myself as a result of this site posting my personal SENSITIVE information. This is ALL from personal experience.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I stumbled across MyLife.com online and looked up my name. They had virtually everything about me wrong, including my name (I've been remarried 2 years but no record of THAT!). It also said I had a criminal record!!! I'm here to tell anyone that I've never had more than a speeding ticket in my life! This clearly is a scam to get people to pay for their report to check the erroneous information, which so didn't do. I'm just sorry that people see that blatant lie and believe it! This company should be shut down. Can you say Russian troll? DO NOT give them a credit card #!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Was surfing the internet for my name and come upon this website MyLife.com, Inc. Ltd. Office 3, Unit R, Penfold Works, Imperial Way, WD24YY Watford United Kingdom - 1-888-704-1900... Ran across this the profile with my name, age, town and date of birth. Everything else this website posted about me an outright LIE! Website MyLife.com also claimed I was a SEX OFFENDER! And CRIMINAL! I never posted any of this info and this sure wasn't my profile, MyLife.com stole my identity and opened this profile full of LIES! I'm now in the market for a good Lawyer. This is Defamation of Character and SLANDER! I'm PISSED! No way I could delete this profile since it wasn't my profile? They wanted to sell me services to remove the information. Talk about SCAM! MyLife.com has cornered the SCAM Market.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I received a series of emails from this company claiming that they had gathered negative information about me that I needed to see. When I visited the site, it created a profile for me that had much incorrect information in the visible part. After my visit, without me signing up in any way, the emails increased. And my profile now claims there is negative information about me. Worst of all, they are selling my incorrect information... No, I won't pay to see it or have them remove it. This is a class A scam!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Long time ago one of my friends introduced me to this website and it was a big mistake. For while I really thought that it’s something good. Lately, I realized that it’s a scam and the site is using private info for those funny rating. I got 2 stars from people I don’t even know. And also don’t know those people listed as my relatives or friends. That company is violating my rights to privacy and there is a lot of lie in my profile. They also like to charge for removal from Google. They are located in Los Angeles.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Like many, I fell for the click bait and signed up for the free trial to get the message I had (which was just more spam to sign up). When you sign up, you give your updated info in order to sign in... and then if you discontinue the membership because no one is really on there, THEY USE YOUR NEW INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED TO GIVE OUT TO OTHERS. Like, wth did I give these people money for??? Complete scam.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The information available for me is incorrect and I can’t seem to find a way to delete it. Possibly by paying for an account but I’m not even sure if I did so and canceled if they would put whatever info they want back up! It’s bad enough having anyone find your personal information. It’s worse when it’s incorrect!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

This is the worst website ever. Very misleading. Poor customer service. All I want was a refund the same day I ordered it which was today. The lady over talked me, didn't listen and stood her ground. I wish I could rate them a 0 or not even a full star. It is not a site for people who want a background check on other people but a website for a false background check on yourself. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SITE. COMPLETE RIP OFF.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I just found my (incomplete) name on their site today. Lots of errors and people I don't know mentioned as "potential family"... What annoyed me the most was the "reputation rating" of 3.5 stars - after a standard comment along the lines of "warning: graphic materials might be present in account if purchased"... I truly want to sue them because irrespective of what they had in my account that I didn't bother to purchase, the very wording of their marketing is WRONG legally. I am a private teacher, my personal name is linked to that of my firm, as such I hold this company liable of having hampered my business without my knowledge/permission by selling scandalous headlines to attract buyers to their scam.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

MyLife is recklessly and falsely publishing that I have lawsuits, liens and bankruptcies. Based on what I am finding out about the practices of this company, it attempts to generate revenue by publishing this false information about people in an attempt to sell reports to interested parties. CEO Jeff Tinsley should be criminally prosecuted for fraud (and possibly extortion) and then sued in a class action lawsuit for libel.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I canceled my subscription within four hours of signing up with MyLife. I sent them emails and also called them. I signed up for the trial for 7 days for $1.00. They took $130.00 out of my bank account causing me to be overdrawn on my account which also costed me money. They refuse to answer me except for initial email where they say they will respond within 24 hours. I have not heard back from them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have tried and tried to get this scam website to remove my information. They claim to have removed it only to have it reappear months later. I shut down every old account, website you can name and they still cache old information and serve it up. This website sucks and so does Jeffrey **.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Mylife.com, in very bold print, indicates that I, Mary **, 68 y.o of Chevy Chase, MD have both an arrest record and a criminal record. This is NOT true, I believe it is a ploy to get certain persons to purchase a background report on me from MyLife.com. They likely do this to others, to increase revenues. I have not purchased the report, because I do not want this manipulative and slanderous behavior on the part of MyLife.com to be successful in generating more revenues for them. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation. I may very well need to retain counsel and bring suit against this site. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I viewed myself and much of the information was wrong. I was told for a fee I could delete or correct the information. WRONG! I paid the fee and attempted to change the incorrect information or just delete it. Even after paying I was NOT able to change or delete the incorrect information. I called to complain and cancel (the site says you can't cancel. My bank told me they have to accept a cancellation.) After an extended conversation with the agent I was told the information was all "public information" and the service CANNOT change the content as they advertised.

I was told I needed to contact the individual sources of the information to make changes. Who do you contact to correct the wrong causes I supposedly support? DO NOT trust information about anyone on this site. DO NOT pay for this service. They do NOT provide the services they claim. If you make the mistake of paying you can call directly to cancel (within 24 hours) or place a dispute on the charge with your bank for the reason that they do NOT provide the service that they claim.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Got an email from this company this morning. I thought that if there is misleading information out there at least I would like to know. After running their reporting engine, which took quite some time, I was presented with the option to pay for the gathered information. Now why would I pay for something I hadn't seen or didn't know what it contained? There was a button to press for a brief summary of some of the report. When I pressed this I was shown a small amount of information, most of which was completely wrong. There was some information, obviously gathered from social media, like a photo, nearly all the rest was miles out.

Apparently I live in the USA (wrong). I had moved address 8 times (wrong). My middle name is Michael (wrong). Some information was right but anyone could do a simple internet search and find this so not that impressive. You can take their information with a pinch of salt, it is virtually all wrong but they still want to charge for it. Will I be buying from MyLife? Well what do you think?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

If anyone comes here to complain about MyLife, I suggest go to the co founder and let them know how you feel, as lets one also do negative. Posting internet info I know happens but when he post and some is not correct but allows anyone to post on your page but have to pay them money to get it off, is not right. Jeffrey Tinsley Los Angeles, CA on Age: 43 - 11/28/1973. Mylife will take you to his page. Very negative post I have put he has deleted? Everything was the truth. I ask why 8/18/2011 was he sued yet till this day there are so many complains against the company? Ask him to be professional and answer the questions so people would know they could trust him. Maybe if he gets enough comments on his page he will answer?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was searched my name and hometown online and came across this website called "MyLife.com". This site had all my personal information, my date of birth, my age, my address, where to find me at and overall personal information I did not put or gave permission for this site to put out there. When I contacted MyLife.com, the representative sent an email messaging saying, "It's all public information." How is it MyLife.com is able to profit by using personal information about private citizens without consent? I need my personal information to be taken off the site immediately. Please help!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I agree with other reviews. This site is a scam. They have no right publishing personal information and/or offering it for a fee. No one except law enforcement or maybe an employer should have access to this information. This and similar sites (Whitepages may be even worse, they give out emails & pH #s for free) should be shut down by the government. I think we should all pool together and file class action lawsuits against them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

This is the biggest scam possible, I have the lady name and code number I talked to whom told me I would be getting a refund because it didn't work, then after checking my account it shows the amount completed, no longer pending. One posses off last about to make a theft report on them...

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I paid for a background check on a man that assaulted me. All MyLife.com sent to me was the info they had on me, and when I tried to search for the man again, they wanted to charge me another $14.95 for that. Then I called them, and their phone says you've won a cruise or another prize, and then it hangs up on you. This company is a total fraud and scam. And it signs you up for automatic payments even if you don't select that option.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was looking online and came across this website called "MyLife". This site had all my personal information, my date of birth, my age, my address, where to find me at, my children's names, personal information I did not put or gave permission for this site to put out there. I do not like this and it's dangerous due to my job and husband job. This is not good. I need this to be taking out immediately. Please help!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I discovered a public profile using my name and personal info posted on a site called Mylife.com. I did not sign up for this. Additionally it shows my address to the public, which the site indicated. My ex-husband whom I have a restraining order against as he is extremely violent and tried to kill me 3 times was able to search for and find me. I contacted the company which they say will contact you within 24 hours but took them a week to respond to me about removing my profile and they indicated I have to pay a fee to them to have my profile removed from various websites. This is BS! I did not authorize for them to publish my info and I did not sign up for this account. They are as a result endangering my life. If my ex finds me he will kill me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

After paying monthly fee gives you one search then refers you to another search business to pay more fees for info, then continues Monthly charges to your account indefinitely. Big scam of a business.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I do not appreciate seeing my name, age, birthday, address posted on the internet without my permission. They make a file up on you and put it out there. I never subscribed to this. This is a definite invasion of my privacy. I want this stuff deleted and removed. What can I do to get it removed?

MyLife Company Information