4.3/5 (95 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

Top BeenVerified Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally ...

Verified

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quic...

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
  • Contact information
  • Phone lookups
  • Email lookups
  • Address lookups
  • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
What does my account come with?
Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
How does BeenVerified have my information?
BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
Can I trust BeenVerified?
BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
Is BeenVerified free?
No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

After signing up for a 7-day trial membership for $1.00 with BeenVerified, I subsequently cancelled the account 5 days later to avoid a recurring monthly charge for a service I no longer needed. To my surprise, I was invoiced for the full monthly fee 1 day after my trial period expired. I called the BeenVerified Customer Service Line hoping someone could fix the issue and provide reimbursement. After a reasonable wait time of approximately 11 minutes, I spoke with Katia (Employee Number **) who works in the Customer Service Department at BeenVerified.

Katia was very courteous, patient, and knowledgeable regarding the steps necessary to address my problem and issue a refund. To my surprise, and before the call ended, I received two new messages in my email inbox. One was a "Refund and Cancellation Confirmation" message from BeenVerified (initiated by Katia) followed by a "Refund Verification" email message from my banking institution. That was certainly the quickest response and resolution to a problem I've ever received when dealing with customer support over the phone. As a provider of online marketing services myself, I truly appreciate Katia's professionalism and dedication to customer satisfaction. Thank you for a job well done!

Hi Vernon,

Thank you so much for your detailed 5-Star review!

We are so glad you hear that you were assisted quickly and efficiently.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I’ve been an ID Theft/bank fraud victim for 8 years. The known perp has established local access on all of my devices through my ISP. She uses the Hidden Super Administrator app to change my passwords. Yesterday I signed up for an account with you to see the damage she’s done. She retaliated by changing ALL of my dozens of passwords. I called your support line for help closing the account and chatted with Aieesha (sp?). Instead of questioning my sanity, she immediately closed my account. I very seldom get to interact with someone who exhibits her level of expertise, professionalism and quick thinking/acting. She absolutely is an incredible asset to your company. I’ve already lost $302,000 to this vicious ID thief. Aiesha saved me from losing a lot more.

Hi Cherie,

Wow! We are so glad you were able to catch it.

Our Customer Support Team is really the best, we will make sure Ayesha gets to hear your kind words!

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Due to my own error when signing up for free trial with beenverified.com, I was unable to access my account. I spent roughly three hours and several phone calls with your support team. I also spent a considerable amount of time with your chat line tech support. One of your support Representatives was able to cancel my subscription.

However the support ended at that point since she was unable to send me confirmation of my cancellation. This was due to my error because my email address was incorrect. The final call which was with Caitlin was very successful. She went out of her way to assure I was completely satisfied. Details of the call can be found in her notes I am sure. I have spent the last 45 years of my career as a corporate trainer. Teaching software applications as well as a customer support. Caitlin was extremely helpful and had she been in one of my customer support training classes she would have excelled without a doubt. Many thanks.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Several months ago I purchased a Been Verified report for the Vin number for my used car. Red flags went up when I tried to sell it to Carvana and they told me that couldn’t because apparently had been some issues with the car tile I was unaware of. BeenVerified was one of the organizations that popped up as a resource to help you with your title history. Unfortunately after I purchased the title history it was not complete & it only gave the sources of the title issues but no details. So the information I was looking for was not there.

I called today and was connected with Tammie (agent # **) out of Altoona, PA & she could not have been more pleasant and helpful. She explained how BeenVerified gets their information from a multiple of sources like insurance agencies, the national motor vehicles title Institute, state DMV’s, etc. She told me that the current report she was looking at was different from the report I purchased a couple of months ago because the one she could see has been updated/corrected. Although the report I purchased recently did not provide me what I was looking for, I will definitely use BeenVerified again solely because of the fantastic customer service I received from Tammie during our phone call.

Hi Derrick,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I was getting calls telling me I owed money. I usually ignore these calls, however this time the number was provincial. It threw me off a bit, and I was concerned, so I looked for help. I found help with BeenVerified. In the process and because of my concern, I signed a subscription not really understandable what that meant or what was involved. Beenverified did help put my mind at ease, and I ignored further calls. However I had signed up for a month subscription by mistake.

When I asked your customer service people how to cancel the subscription, I expected to be given a rough time about it because it was my fault. To my surprise and amazement customer service was very understanding, and sympathetic to my request. They immediately refunded my last charge, and explained why there was a charge. They were more than help, and restored my faith in good customer service. I would recommend and will most definitely use Beenverified again if I have further concerns.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your time in writing this review. This review made our day!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Excellent service provided! Happy to get such a competent person with a great attitude. She was very knowledgeable and helpful since I had a mental lapse and did not remember signing up for this service. In this day and age it is hard to find such proficient and amiable customer service representative. I appreciate that she took the time to figure this out.

Hello Sheila,

We are so happy you had such an excellent experience! Thank you for your 5-star review!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I did a search for someone who has been very difficult to locate. BV wanted me to give them money without being able to verify that they had the right person. Why would I do that? I would have to be an idiot to do that. Which I'm not, BTW.

Hi there,
    BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives.
    Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can.
    As with everything in life, there are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports.

If you're interested in trying the service, you can access a $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/dc1239/3/select-plan

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I was hesitant to give out my c.c. Information via the internet. This company offered a free trial. I used their service, and they promptly canceled. However, they continued billing me, and I just caught this. No, I had to cancel my c.c. and am waiting for a new one. This card was linked to many automatic payments and has caused me a litany of trouble. Do not trust!

Hello Douglas,

Based on your review we may have not received a request to cancel. Please email support@beenverified.com and we will be happy to assist

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I could not be more impressed or grateful to BeenVerified. Within 24 hours of having access to your resources, I was able to make direct contact with a dear old friend with whom I had been out of touch for more than 35 Years! Amazing! It seems virtually impossible in this recounting, but it is all absolutely true. My friend and I are both quite happy to be reunited. Bravo to BeenVerified! Keep up the great work.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave your amazing words!
    We'll make sure the entire team at BeenVerified receives your feedback.

They'll be thrilled to hear your kind words.

Thank you again!

Resolution response: Nov. 11, 2022

A member of the company's legal team reached out to me today and he has assured me that all of my information has been removed from their site, including from the individual's record to whom I am not related. He apologized for the length of time it took and the less than satisfactory service I originally received.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I was contacted by a young woman looking for her father and her father's family. I asked how she came by not only my name but my cell phone number and she said she obtained it from BeenVerified, which listed me as a possible relative of her father. I cannot fathom how my information got linked to this man, who've I been in the same building with twice in my life and have never even had a conversation with. He would not know who I am if you told him my name yet this site lists me as a potential relative. My research shows that he is a habitual felon currently in prison.

I contacted BeenVerified five times asking them to remove my information from their site in relation to this person as I am not a relative, associate or in any way connected to him. They refuse and say only HE can remove the info that THEY created and told me to contact him to click a link. Kind of hard to contact a man I don't know that is in prison somewhere and ask him to click a link.... I also reported them to the FTC.

Hi Jodie,

We take all consumers’ privacy concerns very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

It is our understanding that the information at issue has been successfully removed.

We have also reached out privately to address your concerns.

If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out. We would be happy to assist you.

BeenVerified Company Information