2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.14/5

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

BOTTOM LINE

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

PROS

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

CONS

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Top BeenVerified Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally found her thanks to your people search tool. We couldn't thank you enough!!!

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quick. The response from Customer Service was prompt and efficient.

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
    • Contact information
    • Phone lookups
    • Email lookups
    • Address lookups
    • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
    You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
    Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
    BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
    What does my account come with?
    Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
    How does BeenVerified have my information?
    BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
    Can I trust BeenVerified?
    BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
    Is BeenVerified free?
    No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I'm in X private investigator, been in the business 45 years. I've used everyone in the marketplace as a skip tracing Source. This company is by far the best. Try them. You will never leave them. They give you all your data in an Easy-to-Read format. Their competitors cannot compete with the amount of information they provide and their accuracy. I've used everyone. Take my advice. These guys are the best. Try the rest. You'll see I'm telling the truth.

Hi Frederick,

This is awesome! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We run a Boston Terrier rescue based in Tennessee but covering the Southeast and nothing is more important than the safety of our "little kids," many of whom come from bad situations. It is our intention to place them only in the best new homes and now and then additional information is required to make sure that happens. BeenVerified often fills that need, quickly and accurately.

Hi RJ,

This is great news! Thank you for your review.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Contacted Been Verified to resolve an issue with our account(s) and dealt with ADAM **. Extremely knowledgeable, understood our issue and moved to resolve it immediately. Additionally referred part of the issue to customer service, for follow up in 24-48 hours. Extremely happy with their service, I have never had to deal with anyone personally at their company and this was a pleasure.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your experience with our customer support agent Adam.We are happy that you are happy with our service, and we are glad that we were able to assist you with your account.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I was apprehensive to contact Been Verified to request a refund due to my financial issues. My agent addressed my concerns efficiently and professionally. I very rarely have experienced a representative of this caliber and will recommend Been Verified to anyone looking for a quality company with excellent customer service.

Hi Colette,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our customer support team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I accidentally forgot to cancel my trial period for $1, the customer service dept gave full refund of charges past the trial period since I did not use the product after trial period. I can't help but congratulate them on excellent customer service.

Hi Bryan,

We thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that the issue was resolved and you were satisfied with the services provided.

We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Respectfully,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised as to the accurate amount of information I was able to view on myself and others. The format was easy to use and understand. I rate this service with an "Excellent" rating. Thank you.

BeenVerified response

Thanks for contacting us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed using the service and it was easy to understand.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I paid 1$ for a 7 day trial subscription. Paypal went through no problem. Next day, BeenVerified says "there's a problem with your account." They want more money, deny access. I sent them a screenshot of the PayPal payment. No response from them. Screenshot of payment provided. Yes it's only a dollar lost. But it indicates how they operate. I put in a complaint to PayPal about this business.

Hi Mark,

I am unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please email support@beenverified.com ATTN: escalations so that we can look into this matter further.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

When I looked myself up on this site it shows incorrect information about me. I wouldn’t trust to make a purchase because of that. It says that I lived In Minneapolis and I have never been there. I’m not sure where these people get their information from but it appears to be false. It makes you wonder who else they have incorrectly provided information for.

Hi Guadalupe,

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records. Sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct.

However, we do not create the information, we must work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate data.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I would use this service again because it was easy to cancel. Sounds silly but you and Hulu get it. I would renew either service because of your policy. Consumers have a lot of options and this cancellation policy makes a difference. I will recommend it to others and may renew in the future. Keep up the pro-customer approach.

Hi Gayle,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review. We will continue to provide exceptional service.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

This is a typical online search of identities, personal data etc. Problem is data is often not available on individual you're searching. Most importantly, you will always wind up signing up for monthly renewal & then you will never receive notification regarding renewal. When you cancel quickly they will not credit the amount they charged for the full month.

Hi Ginger,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble locating the information you're looking for. When signing up, the subscription will inform that it is auto-renewed. You can contact us to cancel at any time, and will not be billed for your next billing cycle. Sometimes we may not have all of the information related to an individual in our records. If you've searched with a specific city, middle name, or age and received no results, try removing some of that information and search again.

BeenVerified Company Information