2.41/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

BeenVerified

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

111 BeenVerified Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This site is horrible, strings a person along through a lengthly process. They then say they have a lot of info on the person you inquired about. Pay them and then the reports had nothing in them. What A RIP-OFF scam of a website. Do not use them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I feel like I was scammed by the website, mainly the service cost. Thought I was going to be able to get all current information on a relative I am trying to locate but it seems that all the information they supplied was extremely out of date or just plain wrong and the only way I can get any enhanced or other type search information is to pay more money for it. Really feel ripped off somehow, would like a refund if possible but kind of doubt it will happen. I cancelled my subscription within hours of signing up for it and was not at all impressed with anything except the way they fooled me and tried to get more money. Don't waste your time with this site, it's a waste of time and money.

Hi Tomey,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate or missing information in your reports.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

Please be assured that you were issued a full refund of $26.89. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

This service was Completely useless. Seems like a scam. They were unable to pull any information when other services are able to pull the numbers. I highly suggest you try alternate services. They attempt to lure you in with no cost, then there is a cost, and then they can't even fulfill information requested.

Hi Katie,

I have issued you a full refund for your $1.00 trial. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was routed to this company from the DDS, because I wanted to get a driver history. Specifically, I needed record of a traffic ticket I received a couple of years ago for the purpose of employment applications. The DDS advertised BeenVerified as a way to obtain that driver's history. I paid $20 to run a background check on myself, which BeenVerified claimed would include a criminal history (including traffic records). When I got the report back, it showed zero results under the criminal history category. Thinking this was strange, I clicked to find out more information. It said that some counties may not include traffic offenses under criminal histories but that BeenVerified could send a court runner to the county's records department in person to find those records for an additional $20+. I paid the fee to request this information, but the results came back the same as before.

Seeing as how I knew that I had gotten a traffic ticket in that county, I knew this couldn't be correct, so I called the BeenVerified customer service line. When the representative finally got to me, she informed me that my information wasn't available because it wasn't included in the public records. In short, I spent almost $50 to be told that the information I paid for wasn't available through BeenVerified's services. Mind you, I was routed to BeenVerified from the DDS website, which claimed that I could access traffic records through their "partner". BeenVerified itself claimed that traffic tickets were included under criminal histories.

So basically, I wasted $50 and several hours of my time, not to mention the increase in my blood pressure from the stress of this terrible experience. I immediately cancelled my account, and I advise anyone out there considering using BeenVerified's services to save themselves the trouble. It's not worth the money. It's not worth the stress. BeenVerified is incapable of providing you all the information it promises.

Hi Grace,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

The Criminal Records section of the background report may include criminal records from county courts, department of corrections, Administration of the Courts, and other state legal agencies. The types of offenses can include felonies, misdemeanors, and even traffic incidents in some cases. Positive or false matches in criminal searches may not provide confirmation of an individual's criminal background. It is important to use caution whenever reviewing this kind of information.

While we put every effort into making our data as accurate as possible, we are dependent upon the criminal data made digitally available to us by the courts. There are some counties that make more criminal data digitally available to us than others (some include cases that date farther back, some counties provide arrests while others may only provide felony convictions), and there are still some counties that do not yet make their criminal data digitally available to us.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a full refund of $42.81. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

So frustrated with this site. My boyfriend who has no financial access to my account assumed this was a month-long free trial and did not know I was going to be charged. My PayPal account, which no one but myself is an authorized user, was inputted and used for the trial which converted into a normal membership. I did not authorize these charges and will be forced to file a dispute if not corrected. All of this information he received on the site about his ex was wrong, in fact the current address provided was more than 2 years old. You should be ashamed of luring people in assuming as with any good trial it is a free trial. You should actually make sure the person on the been verified account is the same as the account it is being drawn on! What a nightmare! No information was even sent to the email about charges!

Hi Kimberly,

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a full refund of all charges on this account, totaling $1.00. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

All BeenVerified trials convert into full paid subscriptions unless cancelled before the trial period ends, which we let you know during the signup process.

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or need any more help. You can reach us at 1-888-579-5910 or support@beenverified.com.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Beenverified.com didn't even have my last name correct for my background report, and I have been married for over five years! I should have requested a refund of my $25.00. Don't bother to pay this site for your report since their info is far from accurate.

Hi Nanci,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

We will include marriage records in a person's report, whenever they are available to us. There are vast differences from state to state regarding how marriage records are made publicly available for integration into our database. There are many states that do not yet make their marriage records available digitally for us to pull into our reports.

Please note that I have issued you a full refund for your account. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Not impressed. I am currently searching for information about a family member and decided to pay for the service to help with the process. After paying $22.86 to receive access to unlimited searches, the only information found was other known relatives as well as a very old phone number that is no longer in use. I could do the "premium" search but there is no promise it will return more than what I already just paid for.

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience and that you did not find the information you needed. The information in our reports comes from public records so we are dependent upon the information made available in public records. We are constantly updating and expanding our database to provide the most current, accurate and comprehensive data we can.

Your ability to locate information for a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

We state a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our site. I see that you emailed support with your concerns, and we have already canceled your account and refunded your $22.86 purchase as requested. You should see our refund reflected within a few business days, and you will not be billed again for the service.

I hope that we have addressed your concerns, but if you have any further questions or other feedback you would like to share, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 888-579-5910.

Kind regards,
    Carla

BeenVerified Customer Care

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I purchased the option they offered for 30 days of unlimited searches as they offered several options. I had no idea about the AUTO renewal. I was told today it is in their terms and conditions to use their product on their site. I found the emails thought I didn't get it. But even the welcoming email said nothing about auto renewing every month. Also purchasing the product in the beginning again said nothing about auto renewing. If it's auto renewing why label it "30 DAYS" then? YOU SHOULD LABEL IT "MONTHLY" NOT 30 DAYS.

I'd never use them again. I hate misleading companies that do business this way!! Here is MY terms and conditions to do business with you. Be upfront. Don't use misleading tactics. You might be covered legally but ethically you failed!!! The fact that you hide the auto renewal notice in the term and conditions for "using your product online" is low and deceptive. If I could give zero stars I would. It now shows you a little window at the bottom of the page about the auto renewal. It wasn't there before. It still looks deceptive to me due to the label of 1 MONTH which is 30 days.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

First of all, this is NOT a free service. After entering information you are told your report is ready but at that point they want you to pay. And if you sign up for the basic report there is really no info on it that you couldn't find yourself. Signed up for the expanded search because I was looking for info on man I was dating. BeenVerified DID NOT inform me that he was currently married nor did it bring up two past marriages. In addition I entered my own name and they had barely any info on me and it was not current. Very disappointed.

Hi Mindy,

BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives.

Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified. We do not advertise as a free service. However, we do offer a free app for both iPhone and Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

BeenVerified's information consists of public records that are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

We will include marriage and divorce records in a person's report, whenever they are available to us. There are vast differences from state to state regarding how marriage and divorce records are made publicly available for integration into our database. There are many states that do not yet make their marriage and divorce records available digitally for us to pull into our reports.

I hope this helps to clarify. If you have any further questions, please let us know at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Thought I was signing up for one month. Noticed on my credit card bill that automatic payments were being applied to my account! My mistake for not paying attention. I can tell you that after using their company I found it to be less than what I expected. Couldn't even locate my relatives or past friends unless I agreed to an upgrade! How pathetic companies such as this one are allowed to bilk a customer. Bait and switch in my opinion!

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that you had any trouble locating the information you were looking for. BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

BeenVerified does not offer any single use options, all of our accounts are recurring subscriptions that continue until cancelled. We let you know this during the signup process, and it is not possible to create an account without agreeing to these billing terms. We include our toll free number in the billing descriptor of each charge on your credit card statement so that it is easy to contact us with any billing questions or to cancel your account.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $68.58 for the past three months. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased the one time subscription for 23 dollars so I could get contact info on a family member. All three phone numbers that listed didn't work. So I pretty much just threw away 23 dollars. I won't EVER use this site again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Hi Toni,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a full refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Inaccurate data and premium fee of $14 each time you want additional. I didnt see premium fee as being for each person. That is misleading. Very little data for the standard fee. Also I ran myself. My pic is someone else and I never lived in Ohio.

Hi Merijane,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

The photos that appear with the report come from social media and deep web searches. Sometimes people will have a picture in their report that is not them, because it is linked with them through social media (for example, a picture someone else posted on their Facebook timeline. )

We do not create the information that appears in the report. Due to the way in which the information is aggregated in order to compile the report, we are not able to edit specific pieces of the report. If you are especially concerned that you appear with an incorrect photo, in order to address your concerns, at your request we can remove your name from BeenVerified's people search results. If you would like to be opted out of BeenVerified's people search results, please reply to confirm the full name, age cities and states you appear listed with. We will email you confirmation once the opt out is completed.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a full refund of $44.58. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have purchased a 30 day subscription to BeenVerified. I am not happy with this site's production/success rate. I have subscribed to these sort of websites in the past, and I can't remember which one I used, but it was half the cost of BeenVerified and it produced better quality information. It seems that if you test BeenVerified on yourself or someone you are already familiar with, it does OK, although it is a little expensive at almost $26.89 per month. But when you try to search on the people that you really need to obtain the records on, it is lackluster at best.

So BeenVerified offers to give you "PREMIUM DATA" for an additional $14.86. I purchased this feature on top of my regular subscription, and it did slightly better. But when I tried to use the feature on the next subject, the website wanted me to pay an additional $14.86. I specifically looked for fine print to see if this was the case before I purchased the PREMIUM DATA, and nowhere did I see the website indicate that you had to pay this amount for each person you were searching on. I do not consider BeenVerified to be a good online records search engine. The site does not clearly explain that you will receive extremely limited data for the basic price and that the cost for PREMIUM DATA is so expensive.

Hi Christopher,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

You have the option of upgrading any report with the $14.86 report upgrade purchase. We have been working to access additional databases and integrate improved data into our reports. There are significant costs for us to acquire this additional premium data and we have priced the upgrade accordingly.

We appreciate your feedback on this upgrade, and it's status as a per report charge. Reviewing your account I see that you have requested and been issued a full refund. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I am currently searching for long lost family and decided to pay for the service to expedite the process. After paying $22.86 to receive access to unlimited searches, they only provided disconnected landlines and addresses were outdated under people search but they had an option to pay for a "premium" service.

Hi Tataneasha,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

I'm sorry you were unable to locate the information you were looking for, and have issued you a full refund of your subscription fee. The funds are released by us immediately, but may take 2-3 business days to be reflected in your account.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have used several of the online sites in efforts to locate someone of to check someone's background. I have used at least 6. I do about 10 reports a month and I use all the features from the total background to identifying ownership of properties. BeenVerified has been accurate and when I have a question I have found that they are available to help. One site I used before charged more and then I could never get in touch with anyone. They used an automatic system with auto reply and it was very frustrating. I have a way that I check the site for accuracy and BeenVerified has always been accurate.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I waited too long to cancel my subscription. I received an email saying that I was renewed for another month. Figured there was nothing I could do, but I tried anyways a few days later. Customer service was very helpful and I was unexpectedly given a refund. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Correct - direct to the point. Searching for information on questionable person's information. All my needs were satisfied in a matter of minutes. Very Satisfied with services. I will again use your services in the future for all my information gathering. That's all I have to say or can be said about a job well done.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I was new to the world of background checks but needed to do them because I was dating online. The CS rep that helped me the first time was very understanding and assisted in getting the right report completed. When I stopped the online dating, there was no reason to continue the service and the cancellation was simple.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

It's difficult to express how extremely THANKFUL I am for you. Assisting my daughter in locating me, July 27, 2017 was the MOST AWESOME DAY OF MY LIFE!!! To see my baby again, was heartstopping, almost, Thank god, thank you again from the bottom of my heart, ONE HAPPY DADDY.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I want to thank BeenVerified.com from the bottom of my soul! Through this service, I was able to locate my father after 15 long, depressing, heartbreaking years!!! I've tried several other sites over the years to no avail. The first time I came across this site by simply googling a people search, I was very skeptical if not pessimistic as I've been disappointed time after time using other sites. However, this site provided me with a current address (He's been at this same address for SEVEN years) on my father that no other site had ever listed! July 27, 2017 forever changed my life!

I rang that buzzer with little to no hope, but when I seen my Daddy's eyes, my eyes, looking back at me on the other side of that door, I knew my heart was about to explode!!! I can strongly attest that any anger, resentment, sadness I had been feeling during those 15 years of estrangement simply vanished as soon as he wrapped his arms around me in the strongest and most loving grasp I've ever felt!!! I could literally feel our hearts resynchronizing at the first touch!!! I want to shout from the mountaintop, THANK YOU BEENVERIFIED.COM!!! You guys have truly helped heal my broken heart!!!!

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I ran a search on backverify.com through Facebook as I needed to know where an ex-husband was. I was led to believe this was free but when I got my bank statement they had charged $198. The information was about two years old and was of no help. I called to complain and was told there was a three day cancelation. If I would of known that I would have never continued. I am a senior on disability and this is elder abuse.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Needed service & was very helpful, when I needed to cancel they were just as helpful. I appreciate that & will give them a good word to everyone. Word of mouth travels fast & I will tell everyone I know how helpful they were.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

BeenVerified's online advertising states they are a free people search engine but after you spend the time to enter in all the info, they tell you they have your report ready but then want a credit card so they can charge you for the "free" report and even try to hook you into a monthly payment plan. So no, NOT free at all. Liars.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I subscribe to LifeLock who alerted me to BeenVerified as sharing my personal information without my permission or authorization. Supposedly BeenVerified.com has an opt out process where you can tell them NOT TO SHARE your personal information. The first thing you have to do is Select "Perfect Match" on the information BeenVerified has on you. They know the information they are sharing about you is NOW correct.

Then, you provide an email address where BeenVerified.com sends a verification email so that you can complete the "Opt Out" process. Guess what? BeenVerified never sends you the email so the Opt Out process never completes. BeenVerified is sharing personal information about you which they have no right to do. If you tell them not to share the information, you must first tell them the information is an EXACT MATCH about you. Then they don't send you the verification email so you cannot stop them from sharing that perfect match information about yourself. This website is a total SCAM. This has to be illegal. I am continuing my pursuit to stop them.

Hi Lynn,

We take people's privacy concerns seriously, which is why we offer the ability to opt out your personal record. We need you to confirm your information when opting out so that we are sure to remove the correct record for your name.

I located your opt out request, which was sent from a different email address than you are contacting us from here, and completed the opt out for you. I'm sorry that you didn't receive the validation email to complete the process yourself. Sometimes these emails can get caught in your spam filter.

This is a confirmation that BeenVerified has instructed our data partners not to return the requested record in future People Search results on BeenVerified.

Your request will be reflected in our People Search results the next time our server refreshes. In most cases this will take 24 hours to take effect and then we encourage you to check for yourself. Once you have given our servers enough time to refresh, simply log onto BeenVerified.com and type your name into People Search. In some cases, you may need to "clear your history" in your browser just in case your computer is storing and recalling information cached prior to the opt-out. We encourage you to check to make sure your record was removed and to contact us at privacy@beenverified.com if you have any issues.

At this time, we only provide an opt-out for our People Search service. Therefore, it is possible that your name might appear in search results for the other search services available through BeenVerified even after you opt out of People Search. Further, please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified People Search results with records from several different public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to match these new records to the existing records in our database, there may be times when one of our data partners provides us with a new record about you that is different enough from your existing record – for example, containing different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses – that we cannot match this new record to your existing record, and this new record may appear in our People Search results. In addition, in order to prevent fraud and protect the integrity of our opt-out process, we currently only permit you to remove one record from our People Search results through our online opt-out process. Accordingly, if you see a new record about you appear in our People Search results, please contact us at privacy@beenverified.com and we will be happy to help you remove that record as well.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Please accept my apology! My husband just informed me that he, indeed, did request your service and I am so very sorry to cause you extra work straightening out "my" mistake. I normally check with him on everything like this but failed to do so until after-the-fact. Your response and action was so very expedient and kind that it honestly surprised me. I have never had such service on the internet in all of these years and you are to be commended. Even if I had been "in the right," your timely response & action would have prompted this letter of commendation. Again, please forgive my mistake and do charge me the $22.86 that I rightfully owe you. I will continue to use your service and will cancel the "other background-check service" immediately. Keep up the good work - you certainly are "professionals."

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I did a search for someone using Been Verified. AFTER they got my money, I reviewed the information. It was a joke! NOTHING WAS CURRENT. Gave me information I already had because it was 2 years old. THEN, WHEN I TRIED TO CALL TO CANCEL, YOU CAN'T. No option to talk to a person at all. I sent an email but I won't hold my breath. Next step is to report them to the BBB.

Hi Patricia,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

I located the email that you sent in, and see that our customer service team has already cancelled and refunded your account, and sent you confirmation of that refund.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I loved the service and was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was to navigate thru the information. I definitely will be using this service in the future. Customer service was excellent as well. No hassles and very courteous. Thank you guys.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I ran multiple reports including my own, and was surprised to see the lack of pertinent and inaccurate information posted in nearly all cases. The information provided was readily available for free on the internet. It was a waste of money. I have had much better service using other companies. I suggest you do the same.

Hi Barbara,

I apologize for any problems you have had with your account. Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I was terribly disappointed to find the number I requested be checked and your site said, valid home number. I was looking to see IF scam, business. So stopped, but today when same number came up I answered, no reason not to, and instead of person just calling it was some survey company phone number. Since they provide a name only, I'm sure you thought you were stating correctly, but now if another comes in from them, I will block it. It was all I wanted to know and site I've used before will let me know. So bit disappointed OR if you get more from other's they are scam if I allowed it to go beyond "We are taking a survey." I hung up.

Hi Carole,

I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble getting the information you need. I was unable to locate an account linked to your email address, so I was unable to review your account and searches.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills. The results of a Reverse Phone Search can contain caller id data, phone records data, deep web search and more.

Typically, we are able to provide the name of the owner and his or her address, in the full phone report.

If we are not showing some elements of this information in the results of your phone search, then we do not currently have that information for the number in our database. Please know that we are constantly updating and expanding our database to provide the most accurate and current information we possibly can.

When you search a number, we do not provide texts sent or received by that number, or call logs for the number. We do not provide the physical location of the phone itself, such as with GPS tracking etc. The information in our reports comes from public records and this information is not publicly available data.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I recently suffered damage to my house by a driver, but they didn't have any insurance information. All I had was the registered owner of the vehicle, who was not driving it at the time. I used your service to locate the owner in Maine (I live in Georgia) and get some important information on him. Turns out he is on probation for spousal abuse. Your service was very easy to use, fairly quick, and I was amazed how much info you had on him.

BeenVerified expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $10 per month.
    • Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.
    • Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.
    • Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.
    • Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs