1.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

According to the laws of the FCRA, BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency and cannot be used for employment or tenant screening.

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
View More View More

269 BeenVerified Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I legit just got a whole page of nothing! Google has more info than they provided. Truly disappointed as I'm getting ready to travel on a Visa and wanted to see some information. I just praying they refund me and don't make it a hassle to cancel.

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear you didn't find the information you were looking for.

Please be assured we show your account was canceled and refunded on 1/17/19.

The information in BeenVerified's reports is aggregated from public records and publicly available information. This public information is compiled through many public offices and agencies with the intent and for the purpose of it being made available to the public. There are many sources of public records, including: telephone directories, public property records, utility bills, magazine subscriptions, voter registration, and more.

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer an international search.

We hope this helps.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I did do research before subscribing to BeenVerified but honestly I was just thinking a background search is a background search, nothing fancy. I wish I didn't waste my money with this company. They don't have any useful information at all. I have done plenty of searches on Google but wanted something more in depth. This website is a joke! I did a background check on a old high school buddy who is now in Jail and a registered sex offender. All of his information is available through a Google search, BeenVerified didn't have anything on this person. Not even the records of him being a sex offender! No arrest or court records, nothing!

I did a search on a few other people and myself. There wasn't any information and what little was provided was outdated crap. The company made a statement on someone else's review saying they collect information through public data and such. If that is truly the case, then why is Google providing more information and recent public records, when this sorry excuse of a company shows zilch. I am skeptical to even try other sites now, maybe there is one that really is good and legit. But I can truly say through my bad choice in picking BeenVerified, I do not recommend them.

One last note, I have many public sites I'm registered with that contain my email and phone number. So you would think I could find all my info searching with my email or phone, nope nothing matched my search. I think this company needs to reevaluate how to get and share information with customers. If nothing changes, I'm pretty sure this website will be shut down either by force or going broke. In conclusion, BeenVerified is shameful, useless and dishonorable. Claiming to be a wonderful and accurate background check company is abhorrent.

BeenVerified response

Thank you, Tiffany ! We truly appreciate your time and your new star rating.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I made a one-time payment of $44.58 on the site on July 12, 2018 with hope of finding information on a lost relative, received information that I easily found on Google as well. However, unbeknownst to me they charged the same amount thru my PayPal account on October 12, 2018 and again on January 12, 2019. I became aware of the January 12th payment and contacted PayPal. I have reviewed the receipts to my original payment in July 2018 and no way did I enter into a subscription with BeenVerified. Buyer Beware! If you must purchase from them, then be on the lookout for unauthorized charges to your credit or debit card account.

Hi Chinyere,

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. All of our subscriptions are recurring. We let you know on the sign-up page that each subscription package will automatically renew until you elect to cancel.

Please be assured that we have cancelled and refunded the last charge on your account.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ran a background check and found out plenty of historical criminal data on my search target that I did not know about and that Google and me was unable to find. The 5-day plan for $1 is a good deal. The 12 minute and one dollar investment was a great value to me and I will do it again if the situation arises.

BeenVerified response

Thank you, Paul! We're pleased to hear we could help you locate that information and quickly. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Kind regards,

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Chuck, Virginia. January 8, 2019. BeenVerified fits exactly my description of a scam, which is giving you nothing at a price. I tried their special $1 trial offer and that got me a subscription I didn't need and didn't want; and what little information they provided, I could have found the same on the net for free! I had to cancel my credit card to finally stop PayPal payments. PayPal should be ashamed for associating with such a scammer. For the third time in a row they did try to charge my old credit card! They'll probably try ad infinitum… Stay away as far as you can from BeenVerified.

Hi Charles,

We don't show that you attempted to contact us via phone or email to cancel or request a refund.

Please be assured that your account has now been canceled and you were issued a refund of $26.89. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@BeenVerified.com

BeenVerified Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The initial website looked like it was doing a search to identify a phone number, with several screens taking 20-30 seconds to "search" for the info, ending with one that said there was much information about the phone number. I thought it worth paying to get the info. Once I paid, it turned out there was very little info and the 'searches' were fake. Fortunately they canceled my membership on request.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I used this so called service to do a background search on a mentally ill relative, in order to help him get a job. The address they supplied was 25 years old and no other useful info was supplied. Don't use this scam service. I will try to get my money back but I won't hold my breath.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for letting us help you locate the other report that contained some of the information you were looking for. We appreciate your time and your new star rating. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BeenVerified Customer Supoort

No response received
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had a membership with other sites, one which was BeenVerified and recently activated my account again. Information that was once there, is now unavailable. I kept trying in different profiles and even my info isn't pulling up anymore. Everything on there can be found free on Google. Waste of time folks!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out.

We show the account under your gmail was closed back on 02/28/18 and has not been reactivated, are you sure you reactivated with us?

Please note the information in BeenVerified's reports is aggregated from public records and publicly available information. This public information is compiled through many public offices and agencies with the intent and for the purpose of it being made available to the public. There are many sources of public records, including: telephone directories, public property records, utility bills, magazine subscriptions, voter registration, and more.

Some information is updated on a monthly basis and other on a daily basis, its possible changes in information may occur.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know at support@beenverified.com.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My internet naive wife wanted to look up a lost relative. Somehow bypassing the white pages she ended up on BeenVerified. They offered 2 weeks free. I was asleep and was awoken by a Capital One alert that I am supposed to receive for amounts more than $100. This charge was for 23$, suggesting to me that something was remiss. I canceled the charge. Subsequently she was informed there is now a monthly charge and 37$ to cancel it even though we have not reached 2 weeks.

Hi George,

We do not offer 2 weeks free on our site, have a cancellation fee, or offer a charge amount for $37.

Are you sure you have been billed by our company? To look into this for you could you provide the email address your wife used to sign up?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

The info is so-so… I did not find anything that I couldn't find for free. If you want to try their website just look but WATCH OUT! You are automatically locked into a monthly subscription that's not that easy to get out of.

Hi Doria,

We show your account was canceled on 12/19/18.

If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Nothing in these reports that I can't get on my own and ten minutes searching on the computer. While the webpage looks legit and professional, it is just another scam to rip us off. Learn from me for free, because that lesson just cost me $25! Buyer Beware! Worthless report and waste of money!

Hi Wendy:

There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports so that our customers don't have to do the searching themselves.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

While waiting through the Ludacris wait time to get a "profile" of a person, this website purposefully makes you wait 10 mins to show you a billing screen. I actually waiting now and writing this so something productive is achieved. This website is garbage and needs to be punished for their pre-determined wait time crap. I just need a ** phone number for a past resident to let him know about important damn mail.

Hi Ben,

You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerifed Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I tried this product and it yielded incorrect information. I did a search on myself first to see the accuracy of this service. It had me listed in towns I have never resided in. I decided that this would not work for me. I cancelled the same day. Fast forward, my card was charged $44.58. I have put in an alert with my bank and am waiting for a response from this company. I decided to look at reviews and not surprised that this has happened to others.

Hi Emily,

We show your account was canceled and refund $44.58 on 12/16/18 per your conversation with our support team via email.

We don't show a cancellation set prior to that date, do you recall how you cancelled? It appears the account was under a different email address then the one provided.

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

Is there anything else we can assist you with?

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Do not waste you money on this site. Anything of value will cost extra... if, in fact, you can get anything of value. For example, I did a search on myself and not only did it miss important information, like my education and property that I own, but it even had my address wrong. It even said that I had previously lived in a town that I had never visited before. So I am out the $46 I paid for the 3 months subscription for a sub-par service.

Hi Bruce,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $44.58. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Email I sent to BeenVerified explains it all: "Was told today that I would have access to the premium data which I do not. I logged out, closed down the program, then relogged on- it still isn't working. I was going to cancel due to the misrepresentation of membership price on my initial Google search. The link for your website said it was completely free and when I searched a name it took over 15 minutes to produce a report. While it was "loading the results", I was being advertised all of the features of membership. When the "completely free" report was finally completed, I was upset to find that I was required to join at 26+ dollars a month to view the results. I then attempted to leave the site and then offered a trial for $1. I accepted the offer, due to all the time I'd already invested into getting the report.

"Today was day 4 of my 5 days trial. Called to cancel and was offered a free upgrade to premium data and an extension of my trial period to 30 days. I accepted the offer and actually considered extending my membership, so I asked the price after the trial. I was told 9.95. The rep assured me he would send me this in writing. I got the email with my free trial date, but it states the membership price of $26+ after the trial period is over.

"So to recap- False advertising/misled to your site. Took 15 min to complete the "free" report, so my time invested made a membership more likely to be purchased. I attempted to leave the site anyway and was offered a five day trial period for $1, which I accepted. I called to cancel on day 4. The rep offered to extend my trial period for 30 days, with no charge. The rep offered an upgrade to the premium data. He affirmed the premium data was included when I specifically mentioned the weapons licenses search. This rep and his offers gave me confidence in your organization, so I considered keeping my membership and inquired the price. He said 9.95. The rep said I would receive an email with my trial period info which stated the membership would be over $26 after my trial period. I'm hoping for a quick fix of my account and that the promises of the features, trial period, and price that I was given will be rendered asap."

Been Verified response: "Your account is now cancelled, as you requested. If you have any paid time remaining in your plan, you still have access for the remainder of that time, however you will not be billed going forward. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us." Clearly the email wasn't even read. Called today and had a rep spit the info I already had back at me. She did tell me that premium info is bought per report, so their service was misrepresented on numerous occasions. I'm hoping I won't see a charge for this but I would not be shocked to see the charge.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be assured your account was canceled and you were only billed for $1.00, which we have now refunded. Your account was switched over to our $9.95 plan by our representative.

I apologize for the frustration this may have caused and we appreciate your time. I will review the other calls to ensure that we are offering accurate information to our customers and potential customers. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to add unlimited premium data to your account but we will still honor the 30 days free.

When logging in you can ignore the notice to reactivate your account. Simply click 'Not now, take me to my old reports' in the lower left hand corner, and you will then be able to run new searches using the fields along the top, or view your previous reports from your Dashboard.

We hope this helps and thank you again for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

You will not find anything that is not public record, while doing the search you will have to pay additional fees for a more enhanced report, which in my case yielded little or no information. Beware of the fine print (which is well hidden), this is a subscription. When I attempted to reach customer service to address this issue, the agent hung up on me. So in total I am out about sixty bucks and got no information about the subject of my search. Worthless.

Hi Debbie,

We are sorry to hear this was your experience.

Could you tell us the date and time you called our support line?

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $68.58. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Have not used them since July. I used the trial period for 1$ and have not attempted any transactions all these months and then all of the sudden my acct is 26 dollars light. I keep up on my account because someone has tried to steal money out of my account before and my bank's fraud dept called me and I switched card so meaning customer service through BeenVerified is lying. So how in the hell did customer service get my new card info? Not happy with them now. I have to file another dispute with my banker because this was all unauthorize. Then I basically was called a liar through BeenVerified that stole my info to my new bank card. Flat out dishonest. Would not suggest to anybody. Huge rip off.

Hi Renee,

To offer further assistance, could you provide the email address or member ID for your account? We were unable to locate one with your name or with your Gmail account.

We can only bill the payment method provided to us. If your card changed but you were still being billed then someone must have either added the new card on file or your banking account must have still been connected to that old card.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Everything they provided was able to be obtained through a basic google search, save your money. They were not able to provide any criminal history. Relative connections were based off your approval. No work history. Didn't provide all prior residential addresses. Overall disappointed with their service and will no longer or will ever use them again.

Hi Derek,

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to find the information you were looking for.

If you haven't already, we encourage you to check out the Monitoring feature, which you can activate on up to ten reports you have run. Once Monitoring is activated, you will be notified as soon as we receive any new information in that report, such as a new phone number, address or even court record.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com

No response received
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had purchased a trial membership to see what info was really provided... When I went to return to look up one more thing I could not get back into my account and when I had entered the email address that I used to sign up it never showed up in my mail in ANY folder and I could not cancel my subscription at all and I got charged... So I'm paying for something I can't use or not interested in. ALSO whomever you get your reports from are very misinformation. I have never lived in Texas... But yeah I cannot get into an account that I supposedly have but like I said I wanted to cancel before I got charged but that kind of hard when you can't log in.

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry to hear about any issues you experienced.

We show you recently searched reports on 12/03/18. Are you still looking to cancel?

At this time, we don't show you attempted to reach our customer support team. Please let us know here and we will be happy to offer our assistance or please feel to email us at support@beenverified.com.

We hope this helps.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

In the time it takes for them to "gather" information about your subject, you could have manually googled everything you needed to know anyway. The whole thing is a garbage money grab using scripts that a first year CS major could write. There is nothing special or useful about this website.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives. Our aim is to save our customers time by integrating that information into easy-to-read reports.

We would be happy to look into offering a refund but were unable to locate an account with your gmail.com. To better assist you, could you provide the email address you used to sign up or the full name on the account?

BeenVerified Customer Support

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Completely false advertising. Website says you can pay for 1 month: $22.86 or 3 months $14.86 per month or 6 months $9.80 per month. I only needed 2-3 reports so I bought the 1 month subscription. They charged me $22.86 for 4 months!!! When I called customer support, they told me it was only a payment option. If you pay for 3 months upfront you get a discount. Apparently it's all spelled out in the 8,000-word Terms and Conditions (which they KNOW nobody is going to read, In fact the service rep had an immediate pre-planned response to my problem). I told them I wanted a refund and he said he would see what he could do. In the end, they only refunded me 1 month!!!

And here's the icing on the crap cake, NONE of their records or searches found the people I was looking for anyway. After a week of using BeenVerified, I went to White Pages and found all of them in one day. What a horrible experience. PLEASE DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS COMPANY! You'll read all these testimonials on their website, but they're bull crap. The site didn't help me find ANY of the records I needed, not even one.

Hi Kate,

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

All of our subscriptions are recurring. We let you know on the sign-up page that each subscription package will automatically renew until you elect to cancel. This information can be located in the first checkbox agreement, there is no need to click on our full terms of service to view this.

Please note you were only billed 3 times for your subscription, we have issued an additional refund of $22.86.

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble locating the information you were looking for. BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards, and utility bills.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Was harassed when trying to cancel. They make you cancel numerous times before cancel is accepted or completed. Also, their records are never up to date as they only update from somebody else's records once a month and those records are sometimes only updated once every six months.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be assured we strive to offer hassle-free cancellation. We will look into what improvements can be made with our automated cancellation services.

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any outdated information in your reports.

BeenVerified Customer Service

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

It's so annoying how they make you think for 20 minutes that they are gonna give you this report and you have to go through 100 steps and then finally at step 1000000000 bam! They want to charge you and you can't see the report without giving them a credit card. I'm just saying the fact that you won't see anything on this "report" should be disclosed prior.

Hi Christina,

Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified.

If you're interested in trying out the service, you can access a special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/32fc4f/5/subscribe

Or you may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

This site does well with getting addresses and social media presence. They want to pay more for basic info readily available on other background checking sites. I was a one-time user and immediately canceled the subscription. I’m assuming the cancellation request was not received? Today I see I was billed $44.58. I returned to the site to see if there had been any improvement but unfortunately no. Sites like Truthfinder have much more complete info. Such as marriages/divorces, minor legal issues, property ownership, etc. without extra charges. I sent an email today canceling my membership and did receive a confirmation.

Hi Carolee,

Please note the other sections such as contact information, relatives, criminal records, bankruptcies, marriage/divorce records, property records and more are included in your subscription. Would you like for us assist you with viewing this information?

We show you sent an email on 11/14/18 to cancel your subscription but your account renewed on 11/13/18. If you are not interested in us offering further assistance, please let me know and we would be happy to issue a refund.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This company makes you watch as they pretend to dig up confidential information that you could never find on your own. You pay for a membership, thinking you're going to learn a lot. You finally get to see what they found, except that everything that is important is marked PREMIUM INFORMATION! I am trying to find out if a mystery second-cousin is legit. She found us via Ancestry, but until now, none of my cousins had ever had children. They are all males---which would mean somebody fathered a child nobody knew about.

The contacting second-cousin has many aliases. Her age would point to a certain time period that could be right. She was adopted--this ridiculous scan gave her age and birthdate--no birth PLACE, no birth PARENTS, no ADOPTIVE PARENTS, nothing. If BeenVerified thinks I'm going to click on PREMIUM information and find out what very well could be NOTHING MORE, they're crazy! What you get is a month-long membership, which sounds like a good deal. Then you find out you won't get squat till you click on a premium report. BAD---save your money!

Hi Ann,

BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. The information in BeenVerified's reports is aggregated from public records and publicly available information. We do not offer confidential information.

The premium section of a report offers liens, judgments, or licenses for this person based on what public records has released. Is this the information you were looking to view?

Please note the other sections such as contact information, relatives, criminal records, bankruptcies and more are included in your subscription.

I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I didn't want to pay for their "free" service. I looked at their website and ever since I've had their web page showing up on my phone no matter how many times I close it out. I finally figured out how to delete their cookies. A legitimate business wouldn't resort to lies and tricks to get your money. STAY AWAY!

Hi Russell:

You can search for free to see some basic information on our site, and you can also run free reports on our app. In order to view full reports payment is required.

Or you try our special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/32fc4f/5/subscribe

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Signed up for 3 months but it only took me 10 minutes to see this isn't worth my time. Multiple people show up that are not the one you are looking for. You can supply them with name, middle name, last name, state, age of person and many times can't get the right one. Don't know where they are getting their info. Many more addresses, emails, etc that are someone else's. Tried to get a receipt to verify my purchase but can't even get that from the company. Going to try to get my money back.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

We don't show you've attempted to contact our support team yet but it appears you disputed our charges with your bank. Please be assured the account is canceled and closed. We are locked out of any further transactions. You would need to follow up with your bank regarding the resolution of the dispute and the return of any funds to your account.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerified Customer care

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I used the BeenVerified service in July 2017. I was actually pleased with the service and had recommended them but then found out they scammed me and have been charging my card ever since. I emailed them within 30 days to cancel my subscription and they continue to charge me. There is no way to delete your credit card once you enter it... so DON'T.

Hi Nicole,

I apologize for any problems you have had with the account. We do not show a cancellation request before 11/4/18, would you be able to provide a screenshot of the email you send to us back in July 2017?

We show you were refunded $101.88 on 11/5/18 and your account is canceled. Although there is no option to remove your billing information via the website you can call or email us to request the removal of your card. Please be assure we have deleted that information for you.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I paid for this service and am so sorry I did! I tried looking up people I wanted to get in touch with again and there was NEVER enough information unless I wanted to pay more to get it! And pay more for each person every time! So I then started looking up people I knew. OMG! Wrong addresses, email addresses, phone numbers. Said they had no media accounts when I know they do or that they owned no property and I know they do! I emailed them, requested cancel and refund because I would not recommend them to anyone unless they do! You would need to be very rich to get all the information you're looking for and hope that it is correct! Also note! You cannot go to your account and remove your credit card information either. You're locked out of doing so!

Hi Bonnie,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Please be assured we show you were refunded on 10/27/18 per your email request.

For feedback purposes, could you tell us what type of information you were looking to view that requested more payment?

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I am from the Philippines, I met a guy online from the United States. He went to the Philippines just this month and cheated on me over some other Filipina women. I am 23 years old and God-knows-what the real age of this person is. What happened to me, already happened to me. It is done. I just hope that this guy would not go around my country fooling around other young Filipina girls for sex. This app could have been very helpful for me to know more information about him as he would only disclose very few info about his self. However, to my disappointment, as I was to pay my subscription to BeenVerified, my payment was denied as my request is coming out of the USA.

You would help more people around the world if you would allow people from other countries to have access on your information. Online dating has cut through borders worldwide. This can be a powerful website to protect girls from third world countries to be lured by lust-driven sex tourist from first world countries. Just that.

Hi Rhodora,

We're fully committed to and wish to dedicate our efforts to fully complying with those ever-changing data and privacy regulations contemplated by and required in the U.S. and accordingly prefer to concentrate on such best practices, before we tackle other legislation and regulation that may be required by other jurisdictions outside of the U.S.

BeenVerified expert review by Ben Mannes

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $10 per month.

• Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.

• Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.

• Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

BeenVerified Company Information