4.6/5 (106 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

Top BeenVerified Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally ...

Verified

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quic...

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
  • Contact information
  • Phone lookups
  • Email lookups
  • Address lookups
  • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
What does my account come with?
Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
How does BeenVerified have my information?
BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
Can I trust BeenVerified?
BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
Is BeenVerified free?
No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: May 5, 2022

Several months ago I purchased a Been Verified report for the Vin number for my used car. Red flags went up when I tried to sell it to Carvana and they told me that couldn’t because apparently had been some issues with the car tile I was unaware of. BeenVerified was one of the organizations that popped up as a resource to help you with your title history. Unfortunately after I purchased the title history it was not complete & it only gave the sources of the title issues but no details. So the information I was looking for was not there.

I called today and was connected with Tammie (agent # **) out of Altoona, PA & she could not have been more pleasant and helpful. She explained how BeenVerified gets their information from a multiple of sources like insurance agencies, the national motor vehicles title Institute, state DMV’s, etc. She told me that the current report she was looking at was different from the report I purchased a couple of months ago because the one she could see has been updated/corrected. Although the report I purchased recently did not provide me what I was looking for, I will definitely use BeenVerified again solely because of the fantastic customer service I received from Tammie during our phone call.

Hi Derrick,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I was getting calls telling me I owed money. I usually ignore these calls, however this time the number was provincial. It threw me off a bit, and I was concerned, so I looked for help. I found help with BeenVerified. In the process and because of my concern, I signed a subscription not really understandable what that meant or what was involved. Beenverified did help put my mind at ease, and I ignored further calls. However I had signed up for a month subscription by mistake.

When I asked your customer service people how to cancel the subscription, I expected to be given a rough time about it because it was my fault. To my surprise and amazement customer service was very understanding, and sympathetic to my request. They immediately refunded my last charge, and explained why there was a charge. They were more than help, and restored my faith in good customer service. I would recommend and will most definitely use Beenverified again if I have further concerns.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your time in writing this review. This review made our day!

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I had been searching for my brother since I was a teenager. My father had a child when he was 20 before he went to Korea. Many years later at the age of 54 I was born. My brother and my father had a falling out when he was 20. My father never heard from my brother again. Hadn't been able to find my brother all these years. After a few days with Been verified, I have been in touch with my 71 year old brother who didn't know he had a sister. I am 36. I also found my niece and nephew who are older than me. I am now meeting my brother for the first time in a week from today. Through all of this I have learned something nobody knew. I also have a sister Born to my father when he was stationed in Germany. My search continues. Haven't found anything on been verified yet to do with her. Going to search military records next. Thank you so much been verified!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you were able to locate your brother. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I called to cancel my membership because I didn't realize I hadn't cancelled after a 7 day trial for $5. I had been dealing with lots of family health emergencies and missed it. Tiffany the billing agent was so kind and was able to help me get a refund for the month that just started. She listened, offered empathy, was clear about what she could do and was able to do so promptly. I was having a hard day and talking to her definitely helped me feel better. I would definitely trust this company if I need to do a search again. Very different than some of the companies out there that are misleading, give you the runaround and have poor customer service. As someone in customer service it is so nice to be on the receiving end of great service. Thank you again Tiffany. [It was clearly stated that after the 7 days it would be 26.89 a month for unlimited searches for my credit, for people, background checks and all kinds of searches.]

Hi Kiana,

We are equally pleased to hear that you were happy with the service received. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have used one gmail account for years, and used the same address in many other accounts. I was unable to login to the gmail account including using the services of gmail. They closed the account last year and continue to be unable to access some of these since communications from them goes to the dead gmail account. Somehow I was directed to your site and worked with Leondra yesterday. He did a full scan but this didn’t solve my problem. He was very skilled, patient and polite and I wanted to give him a good review. My problem with BeenVerified is that searching for help to access the gmail account, I finally learned that using BeenVerified was no help. If there IS some way I’d like to hear about it. Thank you for your consideration!

Al **

Hi Al,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize as we do not have control over Gmail accounts. We are pleased to hear the agent assisted you within our boundaries. BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

Original review: June 15, 2022

This is a good service but I only need it occasionally. I did not need to subscribe so I used it and then cancelled to stop the reoccurring monthly billing. Cancellation is easy, and if you forget to cancel before another billing you can cancel and get a refund with little effort.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Was very helpful and knowledgeable. Really took the time to get things right the first time. Would highly recommend your services to others. The fast response has been just what I needed. Please let my customer service rep know how much I appreciate the top-notch service.

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: June 12, 2022

My experience with the app and the information provided was excellent. Customer service people are great. I feel that this is a reputable site and I'll be back again. The information is accurate and detailed and it was consistently good.

BeenVerified response

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

Original review: June 12, 2022

My customer service rep was extremely helpful, attentive and communicative. Unlike other customer service departments, he did not waste time explaining things and avoided my primary reason for contacting him. Please ensure that this representative is recognized in front of his or her peers. Additionally, do not make customers write more than what they need to to get a review in. I appreciate your service.

BeenVerified response

Hi Marcus, Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Okay, 1st off, I was pretty upset when I called. Luckily I was connected to the best representative possible, Laine, and by the end of my conversation all my questions were answered and I was only upset with myself. If other companies had your level of customer service, provided by Laine, this world would be a much better place! Thank-you so very much.

Craig