2. Background Check Companies

3.9/5 (62 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

Top BeenVerified Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally ...

Verified

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quic...

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
  • Contact information
  • Phone lookups
  • Email lookups
  • Address lookups
  • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
What does my account come with?
Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
How does BeenVerified have my information?
BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
Can I trust BeenVerified?
BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
Is BeenVerified free?
No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: July 2, 2021

I called BeenVerified because I had received two unexpected charges on my credit card for monthly subscription fees. Samantha explained that I had a free trial membership, and I hadn't cancelled the membership, thus the charges. I told her that I didn't realize I had to cancel. She was very helpful and professional in her demeanor. She applied a credit back to my credit card for the amount of both charges. Throughout the call, Samantha was courteous and responsive to my questions. I was so pleased to receive such excellent customer service. Samantha is a credit to her company. I told her that she deserves a big raise and a day off, or an advancement to a higher position. Thank you.

Dr. Jeffrey

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I stumbled across this site one day when I was needing to verify a few things and people and I'm glad I did. Not only was they very informative but very accurate on what I needed. Then I realized how very protective they were of me and my info and how on too of things they kept me and my privacy, Private, anything that pertained to me was very secure and maintained and if anything happened or that they seen unusual they alerted me right away and handled everything else without me having to call multiple people letting them know what was going on with accountants etc. They care about you as you not just a number on their client roster. So yes I would recommend BeenVerified to anyone. I hate I have to let my membership go at this time only because of not having a job at the moment. But I will be back when I do. Thanks guys y'all are awesome. Keep it up.

Hi Tera,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I am highly pleased with the young man who is solved my problems with Been Verified. Are use their service once and the system kept billing me month after month. This young man could have made this situation very difficult for me but he took the highroad and went to his supervisor and got me the rebates that I deserved. This individual gets five stars for his efforts. I've only given Been Verified four stars because they cause the problem by having a system that people end up subscribing to without their knowledge.

Hi Michael,

We are happy that the representative went over and beyond to resolve the matter. We thrive to provide exceptional service, thank you for your review.

When signing up for our unlimited background reports, the subscription will inform that it is auto-renewed. You can contact us to cancel at any time, and will not be billed for your next billing cycle.

Respectfully,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I had been searching for over a decade for some Marines I'd served with in the 1980's. After years of searching the web and not being a Facebook user I was coming up empty. With BeenVerified I was able to find nearly everyone I'd hoped to find with the exception of a few guys I didn't have enough info on. If you know their name, approximate age and where they're from or where they've lived you WILL find them. Unfortunately I waited too long to get serious about my search, two of the Marines on the top of my list had recently passed away. I had to mourn two of my friends in one day. I kept BeenVerified for a month, looking up everyone I could think of, then cancelled my subscription. I highly recommend Been Verified and wouldn't hesitate to use their service again.

Hi There,

First we want to thank you for your service, Veteran! We are equally excited that you were able to locate your fellow Marines, this is a great testimonial! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I gave "a friend" of mine my cell phone number. A few days later I got a disgusting text which I knew was not from him. I messaged him and he goes 'oh that phone broke..(? Uh??..)- Obviously he bought some stupid phone off the street, and I got hacked. I got NumberGuru to see what this number was, etc with the disgusting text...Turns out it didn't have "a home" and most likely spam. At least I knew. I blocked the number, etc. What I like most about NumberGuru is it let me cancel, easily and effortlessly...No surprise charges on my card, etc. They responded right away and confirmed my cancelation. I will DEFINITLEY use them again if I need to track down a number!

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your review. We are equally excited you located the information you were seeking. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I found errors in my report and found that one place in the app it would not let you report it. I contacted customer service and talked to an excellent customer service representative that reported the problem and also was eager to help me with other things. Excellent customer service!

Hi Tammy,

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I needed to find a person's phone number so I could notify them immediately that their pet was in local shelter. No time to wait for an email so I came across Beenverified.com and was offered a trial period for one dollar so yes I accepted! I totally forgot to cancel on time and called customer service and the lady I spoke with was very polite and actually made me wish I didn't need to cancel my subscription. Was such a nice conversation and I learned more about the site too so I hope that someday I can return and be a member again. I found info I needed on Beenverified.com and got my job done. Thank you.

Hi Jennifer,

We are equally excited that you located the information you were seeking. We strive to provide exceptional service, thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Been Verified’s customer service was absolutely amazing. The customer service rep answered my many emails rapidly. I know that it was a bit much, but they definitely went above and beyond to ensure that my inquiry was handled accordingly. Thank you for your hard work.

Hi Keana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to provide exceptional service.

Original review: July 5, 2021

They will tell you you get 7 days free trial and you can cancel and not be charged. You call them to cancel. They tell you OK. 5 months later you notice you've been charged $26.95 and change. You contact them and they tell you you cannot call to cancel. There's a process you have to go through in order to cancel. They steal your money and then they won't refund it. A very dishonest company. Do not use them and do not even sign up for the free trial. It'll cost you!

Hi Natasha,

We offer 7 day $1.00 trials, you can cancel anytime by calling 1-866-885-6480 or emailing support@beenverified.com as indicated here https://www.beenverified.com/faq/billing/. We are more than happy to review your account and resolve any concerns. Please email support@beenverified.com for further assistance.

Original review: July 5, 2021

WOW! Is this site an impressive scammer! You are supposed to get 'secret' background checks on anyone. I decided to test this out and see what happens. Apparently, my mother is alive and well at age 96. News to me. She passed away over 30 years ago, and is now living at my father's condominium which he purchased after she died. My father has been deceased for nearly twenty years. I should go over there and say, "Hi mom and dad! I so happy to see you alive! Welcome back from the dead." My mother's 'closest' relative is my father's second wife also deceased but is alive and well at an address she never lived at. Great job here! 'Been Verified's' response is that they keep their records "up to date". Ha! I have news for you. You are well over 30 years out of date and all the contact information for phone numbers are numbers that never existed. What a scam! And don't believe the reviews. They are all fake. Best to keep your money safe and not waste it on this scammer.

Hi Jane,

We want to first offer our condolences for the loss of your mom and dad. BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Sometimes the information collected in public data is not always 100% correct. We understand the sensitivity of this matter and we are happy to remove these reports for you. Please email support@beenverified.com for further assistance.

BeenVerified Company Information