2. Background Check Companies

4.3/5 (71 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

Top BeenVerified Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally ...

Verified

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quic...

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
  • Contact information
  • Phone lookups
  • Email lookups
  • Address lookups
  • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
What does my account come with?
Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
How does BeenVerified have my information?
BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
Can I trust BeenVerified?
BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
Is BeenVerified free?
No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

A friend of mine had trouble with an account on PayPal, which made me take a look back through my PayPal account. I was very surprised to find out there were two companies that charge me. It was something I didn't authorize or even know about. I immediately contacted those companies and then contacted PayPal. I was glad it happened through PayPal because PayPal makes you feel secure, they assure you that you're safe. I received very little help or protection from PayPal!! The other company did not respond or even acknowledge I had reached out to them. BeenVerified immediately refunded all of my money.!! They were helpful, apologetic and have EXCELLENT customer service!!! A special thank you to my customer service representative Muslampuram **, who quickly resolved the issue, refunded my money & made me wish more companies did business this way!

Thanks again

Jill

Hi Jill,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are equally excited that you were pleased with the service provided.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have used one gmail account for years, and used the same address in many other accounts. I was unable to login to the gmail account including using the services of gmail. They closed the account last year and continue to be unable to access some of these since communications from them goes to the dead gmail account. Somehow I was directed to your site and worked with Leondra yesterday. He did a full scan but this didn’t solve my problem. He was very skilled, patient and polite and I wanted to give him a good review. My problem with BeenVerified is that searching for help to access the gmail account, I finally learned that using BeenVerified was no help. If there IS some way I’d like to hear about it. Thank you for your consideration!

Al **

Hi Al,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize as we do not have control over Gmail accounts. We are pleased to hear the agent assisted you within our boundaries. BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I called BeenVerified because I had received two unexpected charges on my credit card for monthly subscription fees. Samantha explained that I had a free trial membership, and I hadn't cancelled the membership, thus the charges. I told her that I didn't realize I had to cancel. She was very helpful and professional in her demeanor. She applied a credit back to my credit card for the amount of both charges. Throughout the call, Samantha was courteous and responsive to my questions. I was so pleased to receive such excellent customer service. Samantha is a credit to her company. I told her that she deserves a big raise and a day off, or an advancement to a higher position. Thank you.

Dr. Jeffrey

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I stumbled across this site one day when I was needing to verify a few things and people and I'm glad I did. Not only was they very informative but very accurate on what I needed. Then I realized how very protective they were of me and my info and how on too of things they kept me and my privacy, Private, anything that pertained to me was very secure and maintained and if anything happened or that they seen unusual they alerted me right away and handled everything else without me having to call multiple people letting them know what was going on with accountants etc. They care about you as you not just a number on their client roster. So yes I would recommend BeenVerified to anyone. I hate I have to let my membership go at this time only because of not having a job at the moment. But I will be back when I do. Thanks guys y'all are awesome. Keep it up.

Hi Tera,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I had been searching for over a decade for some Marines I'd served with in the 1980's. After years of searching the web and not being a Facebook user I was coming up empty. With BeenVerified I was able to find nearly everyone I'd hoped to find with the exception of a few guys I didn't have enough info on. If you know their name, approximate age and where they're from or where they've lived you WILL find them. Unfortunately I waited too long to get serious about my search, two of the Marines on the top of my list had recently passed away. I had to mourn two of my friends in one day. I kept BeenVerified for a month, looking up everyone I could think of, then cancelled my subscription. I highly recommend Been Verified and wouldn't hesitate to use their service again.

Hi There,

First we want to thank you for your service, Veteran! We are equally excited that you were able to locate your fellow Marines, this is a great testimonial! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I participated in a 1 week trial. I did not want to continue with a subscription. BeenVerified automatically entered me in a monthly subscription for $26.89 a month. I immediately canceled the day of charge and requested a refund. BeenVerified ignored my refund request. During the week of trial, I found many errors with my emails. I made changes and BeenVerified ignored those changes. I found out I'm getting scam emails because of BeenVerified incorrect profiles. BeenVerified appears to be the scammer!!

Hi Charles,

When signing up for our services we do inform that the subscription can be cancelled at anytime. If the trial is not cancelled prior to the 7th day you will be automatically enrolled into the monthly subscription as stated on the sign up page. We are more than happy to assist you with your account. Please email support@beenverified.com

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I initially signed on as I was being scammed yet was not able to verify the individual. Yet I was able to locate 2 of my good friends and we have reconnected!!! Totally awesome! I searched 20 years for them and within minutes of signing up with Been Verified I was able to locate them. I emailed and got immediate Responses and they are the people I have been searching for. I spoke with this friend for over 8 hours on Saturday. What a great reconnect

Hi Kyle,

This is amazing! We are so glad that you were able to reconnect with your friends. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I had a fellow try to scam me and I wanted to understand who he was do that if he escalates, I will be able to tell police what I know about him. I also looked up a guy I started dating. Was was happy to find what he told me was true. Thank you.

Hi Mary Lou,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our service. We are glad to hear that you located the information regarding your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Thank you! BeenVerified worked perfectly for my quest to find a quality certified pre-owned BMW with no secrets. I was able to challenge tire size as M Sport package purchased on car new, was not what was being sold used. Dealership honored BeenVerified documentation, saved me thousands and made my BMW even sweeter.

Hi Charlie,

This is awesome news!! We are equally excited to hear this. Thank you for sharing.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I called in, spoke with Sara. She took the time to listen to my concerns as I had a horrible experience with a competitive service/company. Sara took the time to listen to my experience, address my concerns, discuss the differences that make BeenVerified stand out (which I regret not using in the first place), and price plans. Thank you Sara. I’ve already located my relative - within an hour of activation.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are excited that you were able to locate your family member!

BeenVerified Company Information