1.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

According to the laws of the FCRA, BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency and cannot be used for employment or tenant screening.

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
View More View More

BeenVerified Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 1, 2019

It is a good website to search someone you don't know much. You will find some information you surprised. However if you are searching someone you know, you want to find some accurate information, this is not work. A lot of information is not up to date, like phone number, address, property. I searched myself too. The address has several errors. I have never lived in another state, they have 2 addresses are in another state. The phone numbers has the only very old ones. Even one personally known guy, his information is very old. I hope BeenVerified can work with the phone companies, make their phone number up to date.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

He was wonderful! He was knowledgeable, kind, patient, understanding, and quick. I appreciated working with him to fix my problem I called in about. He is a great worker and a great example of wonderful customer service. Keep him around.

Hi Negesti,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer service experience speaking with Chris. We are pleased to hear he could quickly and kindly offer his assistance to you. We will definitely give him kudos for his hard work! Thank you again!

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: March 2, 2019

I believe if I simply paste a copy of the feedback that I sent to Been Verified, the purpose of this message will be obvious. Here it is: Hello, Just a quick note to let you know how great my customer service was today. I called for the purpose getting a refund for an automatic monthly payment that I didn't want to happen because I intended to cancel my account. I talked to Nakeisha, who quickly and smoothly identified my account, confirmed the specific transaction and politely agreed to get my refund taken care of. This kind of professional customer service is why I would choose your company first if I ever wanted a Background checker in the future. Thanks!

Hello Joseph.

Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your experience. We are so happy to hear that all of your expectations and needs were met with the professionalism our customers deserve. We hope to see you again should the need arise!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ran a background check and found out plenty of historical criminal data on my search target that I did not know about and that Google and me was unable to find. The 5-day plan for $1 is a good deal. The 12 minute and one dollar investment was a great value to me and I will do it again if the situation arises.

BeenVerified response

Thank you, Paul! We're pleased to hear we could help you locate that information and quickly. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Kind regards,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

You pay for a month's access, and then when you get to the actual search page, you have to pay more for "premium" access, which means that all you are really getting is the person's name and address and relatives. TOTAL SCAM. Steer clear and save your money.

Hi Amelia,

I apologize for any confusion.

On the signup page, we list features you will have access to with your subscription.

Please note with your subscription you have access to contact info, criminal records, social media, assets, jobs and education information and more. With a report upgrade purchase, you will unlock any additional data we have in the judgments, liens, license and permit categories of the report for that individual.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $24.62 earlier today per your email request.

We appreciate your feedback. It would be helpful to know, what specific information are you interested in?

We hope this information is helpful.

BeenVerified Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

They keep walking you through their funnel and making you wait, in the end it's like $23. They don't mention the payment until you've waited through everything. Don't bother. Their game is to make you wait so by the time you reached the end you feel like you've wasted enough time that maybe it's worth just paying for the results rather than waiting for another service. Spoiler: You can search public criminal records online with the state directly. Avoid this.

Hi Richard,

When accessed through a government office, there may be costs associated with accessing public records, conditions on accessing the information, and limitations in obtaining a single type of record.

We try to help save time by offering different search options and possibly provide a lower fee than would apply if someone paid any applicable search fees at each governmental organization.

You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Just be aware. They wait until they've gone slowly through all the steps of things they claim to be researching, then tell you it will cost you money. They are not up front about that at all. I didn't even bother to pay to find out if they found anything.

Hi Gail:

To better our site, could you tell us what you saw that implied we are a free service?

BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified.

If you're interested in trying out the service, you can access a special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/32fc4f/5/subscribe

Or you may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I very old trick by disreputable buisnesses. Trick the customer into investing some time on the website and offer a low "trial" price of $1. But nowhere on that web page did I see how much Beenverified will cost after the 5 day trial. How much does it cost monthly for their service? 5 day trial? Can I get a valid verification on someone in 5 days? No way to get these questions answered without click on icon to sign up for 5 day trial.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for reaching out.

We let you know on the sign-up page the amount for the subscription after the trial and that each subscription package will automatically renew until you elect to cancel.

This can be found to the right of the screen under your order summary as well as in the first agreement checkbox under the payment method selected. Normally, the price is $25.47 monthly if you choose to continue on with the account after the 5 days.

Please note, we also include our phone number to the top of each signup page in case you have any questions regarding our service.

Unfortunately, we do show you've had a trial with us before. We currently only offer one trial to each customer. We'd love to have you back using the service again. If you are interested in using BeenVerified, once you are logged in, just click to continue with a paid subscription of your choice.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-855-904-6469 or email us at support@beenverified.com

Kind regards,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have screenshots proving the ill intent of this website: verification that I am not a robot accompanied by a response in red that I have failed to prove I'm not a robot and therefore will not receive the opt out verification email. Reporting this to my state Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for reaching out.

We show you received these messages because you have already opted out.

It looks like you also emailed our support team on 9/17/19 who responded to you the same day with a confirmation of this removal.

Are you still seeing your name listed? If so, please provide a screenshot of that listing or the web link so we can locate and remove it as well.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I called numerous times only to be told I was the one that made a BeenVerified account because my phone number was on it. My wallet had been stolen, and I even had a police report. They still wouldn’t give me back my money. They double billed my account, and took me for over $100 before I noticed. Caused me $80+ in overdraft fees and refuse to do anything. Please don’t give them your business.

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience.

Id like to look into this further for you, see who you spoke with to ensure it does not occur again, and look into issuing a refund. However, I was unable to locate an account under the information provided. Could you provide the phone number connected to that account?

We look forward to hearing from you.

BeenVerified expert review by Ben Mannes

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $14.86 per month.

• Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.

• Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.

• Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

BeenVerified Company Information