2. Background Check Companies
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.00/5

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

According to the laws of the FCRA, BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency and cannot be used for employment or tenant screening.

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
View More View More
BeenVerified Learn More

BeenVerified Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 31, 2020

I got on the site because it said catch a cheater and put the number in to see who they texted and pictures! That’s is totally false! False advertisement is punishable by a lot of lawsuits! But you know I’m cool with getting a refund one time.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have been attempting to get this company to stop making charges to my account for several months. Each time they say they will credit the account and cancel any services. The following month they make additional charges to my account. I would highly recommend and and all people to not do business with this company because of their fraudulent activities.

Hi Larry,

Our records indicate that the account associated with your email address has been inactive for over 5 years. We are unable to find any recent contact via email or phone. We are happy to investigate the matter. We have sent you a email in regards to this issue and look forward to your response.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 14, 2020

These people sell falsified information. They have my childhood emails (from when I was like 8-12) linked to an old address with a fake phone number, claiming I am years older than I am and charge people for this information. Who knows what else they try to link to my name, I didn’t pay. I am a victim of identity theft and these people more than likely helped them steal bits of my information I’m sure. They need to be shut down. I have already contacted the FTC and intend on letting the FEDS know they sell children’s information. Absolutely disgusting. Don’t ever trust these people. Their commercials pretend like you can screen for child care through their ** system but it is all a HUGE LIE. DON'T PAY FOR FRAUDULENT INFORMATION.

Like I said they have my childhood emails linked to an old address with some ** phone number telling people I’m older than I actually am. It’s fraud. They are probably based in China making money off stupid people who buy into their lame commercials. Don’t do it guys. I am reporting them everywhere I can. Including the federal office in the morning. If you are looking for truthful information go to the damn courthouse and pay. Don’t waste money on these liars and for God's sake don’t leave your children with who these people tell you it’s okay to because they don’t give a **.

Hello Kendra,

We are unable to locate an account it appears as you stated you did not subscribe to BeenVerified. We would like to investigate where you obtained this information relating to your personal report.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

Sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data, since we do not create the information.

Lastly, as per our Terms of Service, you may not use BeenVerified to conduct Employment Background Checks, Tenant Screening or FCRA Related Background Checks. BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and the information contained within our website has not been collected for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. You may not use any of our information as a factor in establishing an individual's eligibility for personal credit, insurance or employment.

We would like to investigate this matter further in regards to the information found, please contact support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: May 3, 2020

I am so angry when company like this rip people off! You should even be thankful that when I did a sign up on 2/28/2020 that I paid! Vs $1 trail! And so then I chose only one month which I was charged of $22.86. If I wanted to do continuously then I would choose either 3 months or 6 or 12! AND IF 3 months my monthly would be less that $18! So why then I only chose one month, I continued to get charged of $22.86 for 4/1/2020 then 5/1/2020! Of $22.86 each month! The sad part is people are going through this covid stuff while you're taking money! Thank god I'm better now that I got to check! Thank god! I sent you email! I want both months refund!

Hello Michelle,

We want to first acknowledge your recovery with dealing with Covid-19 and we happy to hear of your well being. We understand your concerns regarding your subscription. When signing up for our unlimited background reports, the subscription will inform that it is auto-renewed. You can contact us to cancel at any time, and will not be billed for your next billing cycle. This also includes the trial, if we did not receive a request to cancel nor discontinue the auto renew you automatically renew to a paid subscription.

We did receive your email request for cancellation and refund, in which we processed promptly. Please be assured that your account was canceled. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however, please note that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to reflect on your bank statement depending on your financial institution.

If we can provide further assistance please feel free to contact support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: April 15, 2020

Extremely disappointed with BeenVerified. I utilized this company in an attempt to locate my brother who I haven't seen or heard from since my mother died 13 years ago. The only tidbit of info I received for my $23 was an old address where he temporarily lived 37 years ago after his release from a local prison holding facility. BeenVerified had no age, no birth date, no relatives, no phone or social info, no criminal or traffic records (he was indicted THREE times for DWI in the state of MD) & no aliases or email addresses.

This is really hard to believe since he lived his entire life in the same state! He had a great job for numerous years at the headquarters of the Baltimore County Public School system before he was incarcerated. After that, he held a few various jobs but didn't keep them for more than 2 or 3 years. Plus he had been married for several years & divorced. The report I received from BeenVerified was basically on a person who never really existed! Save your money & don't use this company. Their research is deplorable!

Hi Bonnie,

We want to offer our deepest condolences for your loss. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the results of your search. Your ability to locate a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides. How current the information is can also depend on how often that person interacts with these kinds of agencies. Have they filled out a change of address form? Applied for a new credit card? Recently purchased a home? for example.

We have cancelled and issued a refund on your account, details of the refund will be emailed to the address we have on file. If we can be of further assistance please contact support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: March 24, 2020

I accidentally forgot to cancel my trial period for $1, the customer service dept gave full refund of charges past the trial period since I did not use the product after trial period. I can't help but congratulate them on excellent customer service.

Hi Bryan,

We thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that the issue was resolved and you were satisfied with the services provided.

We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I got the free trial, apparently put my card number in for the 1$. Forgot to cancel and have been charged 26.89 for 5 mths!! Even at that, they should have charged me 14.86. I've never gotten a report for anyone. Didn't use it that I know of!!! I'm on disability and this is a disgrace. They know I've never used it!!!!

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for your feedback, however we do not provide a free trial we have a 7 day trial for $1.00 after the 7 days you will be automatically enrolled in our subscription if not cancelled prior. We inform on the sign up page that the subscription can be cancelled at any time by calling or emailing support our records do not indicate a prior request to cancel.

We have issued a refund on your account details about the refund has be emailed to the address we have on file.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact support at support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

This is ** that you guys say it's free and then I spend an hour and then it tells me I have to pay. It is false advertisement, you guys should let someone know that you are gonna make them pay, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Hello Kaeden,

BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives.

Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified.

You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have repeatedly closed my Been Verified account and have got mails from Been Verified saying that I have successfully closed my account, but I continue to be charged. This is a bad disreputable company, and should be closed immediately. The company is not genuine and ethical in its customer service dealings.

Hello Aruna,

We apologize if you are having trouble with your membership. Our records indicate that your account was cancelled, then reactivated.

Please be assured that your account was canceled in December 2019 and you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however, please note that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to reflect on your bank statement depending on your financial institution. Due to the privacy of your account please contact support@beenverified.com and we will be happy to assist you.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I went to Been Verified to find information on the person my ex- wife is now living with as I have custody of our son and wanted to know if this person was a good person, Been Verified said they found him and needed payment for me to see the results. Immediately after the payment was made they said they had no information and could not locate the person. I've tried emailing and calling for a refund and to cancel but my emails are returned to me and the phone calls they put you on hold for hours. I found from another site the person was just released from Federal Prison and has served both county jail and state prison in another state (which has been verified by his mother and father). Don't fall for this scam, they say they can provide which is nothing more than False Advertising.

Hi James,

We apologize you were not able to locate the information you were looking for. Perhaps expanding your search could have produce more results. For example If you've submitted your search with a specific city, middle name, or age and received no results, try removing some of that information and running the search again. You may find that we have a record for that individual in a different city than you were looking for them in, or we have a result for them, but it does not have an age attached.

Your account was refunded $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however, please note that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to reflect on your bank statement depending on your financial institution.

If we can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerified author review by Ben Mannes

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $14.86 per month.

• Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.

• Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.

• Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

BeenVerified Company Information