4.4/5 (72 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

Top BeenVerified Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally ...

Verified

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quic...

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
  • Contact information
  • Phone lookups
  • Email lookups
  • Address lookups
  • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
What does my account come with?
Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
How does BeenVerified have my information?
BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
Can I trust BeenVerified?
BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
Is BeenVerified free?
No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I had been searching for my brother since I was a teenager. My father had a child when he was 20 before he went to Korea. Many years later at the age of 54 I was born. My brother and my father had a falling out when he was 20. My father never heard from my brother again. Hadn't been able to find my brother all these years. After a few days with Been verified, I have been in touch with my 71 year old brother who didn't know he had a sister. I am 36. I also found my niece and nephew who are older than me. I am now meeting my brother for the first time in a week from today. Through all of this I have learned something nobody knew. I also have a sister Born to my father when he was stationed in Germany. My search continues. Haven't found anything on been verified yet to do with her. Going to search military records next. Thank you so much been verified!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you were able to locate your brother. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I called to cancel my membership because I didn't realize I hadn't cancelled after a 7 day trial for $5. I had been dealing with lots of family health emergencies and missed it. Tiffany the billing agent was so kind and was able to help me get a refund for the month that just started. She listened, offered empathy, was clear about what she could do and was able to do so promptly. I was having a hard day and talking to her definitely helped me feel better. I would definitely trust this company if I need to do a search again. Very different than some of the companies out there that are misleading, give you the runaround and have poor customer service. As someone in customer service it is so nice to be on the receiving end of great service. Thank you again Tiffany. [It was clearly stated that after the 7 days it would be 26.89 a month for unlimited searches for my credit, for people, background checks and all kinds of searches.]

Hi Kiana,

We are equally pleased to hear that you were happy with the service received. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have used one gmail account for years, and used the same address in many other accounts. I was unable to login to the gmail account including using the services of gmail. They closed the account last year and continue to be unable to access some of these since communications from them goes to the dead gmail account. Somehow I was directed to your site and worked with Leondra yesterday. He did a full scan but this didn’t solve my problem. He was very skilled, patient and polite and I wanted to give him a good review. My problem with BeenVerified is that searching for help to access the gmail account, I finally learned that using BeenVerified was no help. If there IS some way I’d like to hear about it. Thank you for your consideration!

Al **

Hi Al,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize as we do not have control over Gmail accounts. We are pleased to hear the agent assisted you within our boundaries. BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I called BeenVerified because I had received two unexpected charges on my credit card for monthly subscription fees. Samantha explained that I had a free trial membership, and I hadn't cancelled the membership, thus the charges. I told her that I didn't realize I had to cancel. She was very helpful and professional in her demeanor. She applied a credit back to my credit card for the amount of both charges. Throughout the call, Samantha was courteous and responsive to my questions. I was so pleased to receive such excellent customer service. Samantha is a credit to her company. I told her that she deserves a big raise and a day off, or an advancement to a higher position. Thank you.

Dr. Jeffrey

Hi Jeff,

Original review: May 21, 2021

I stumbled across this site one day when I was needing to verify a few things and people and I'm glad I did. Not only was they very informative but very accurate on what I needed. Then I realized how very protective they were of me and my info and how on too of things they kept me and my privacy, Private, anything that pertained to me was very secure and maintained and if anything happened or that they seen unusual they alerted me right away and handled everything else without me having to call multiple people letting them know what was going on with accountants etc. They care about you as you not just a number on their client roster. So yes I would recommend BeenVerified to anyone. I hate I have to let my membership go at this time only because of not having a job at the moment. But I will be back when I do. Thanks guys y'all are awesome. Keep it up.

Hi Tera,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I wanted to order a background check on myself, as I had done once before. I proceeded with my purchase and received my report, which I was happy with. About a month later I was billed a second payment, which I hadn't anticipated. I sent them an email, stating that I thought I'd made a one-time purchase. I requested to cancel the service and, if possible, get a refund. I received several prompt and courteous responses and a refund! This was my mistake, and I was treated with courtesy and respect. I couldn't be happier with my experience with BeenVerified!

Hi Mark,

We are equally excited to hear that you were pleased with the services received. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I had subscription question. Ayesha ** was extremely helpful answering my questions, and helping me through my questions. It was excellent chat service. At the end, she explained everything I wanted to know. I was also offered a slightly less monthly rate, which helps me deciding to continue the monthly service longer than the first month trial. Thanks.

Hi Tony,

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide exceptional service!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Ayesha was very quick to respond and extremely helpful! I will definitely use this service in the future! I wasn’t expecting the response to be that fast. Ayesha was extremely polite as well as handled my request easily with no issues. I appreciated that.

Hi Adrienne,

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Kudos to the Customer Care team. Excellent job and thank you for extinguishing the account. I am impressed with the response to and resolution of the problem. You present a wonderful guideline that other customer care departments would be well advised to follow. Keep up the good work. Again, thank you.

Sincerely,

D.J. (Don)

Hi Don,

We are equally excited that you were pleased with the service provided. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I was given one price, discount, at checkout but they charged my card the full amount. Fortunately, I used PayPal, but I just started contacting them for my adjustment. Reports given were flat bogus and I even checked my own report to verify.

Hi Connie,

It appears you signed up for the quarterly subscription which is discounted, however you are charged up front for the subscription as outlined on the sign up page. We are more than happy to assist you, please email support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Company Information