2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

BOTTOM LINE

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

PROS

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

CONS

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Top BeenVerified Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally found her thanks to your people search tool. We couldn't thank you enough!!!

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quick. The response from Customer Service was prompt and efficient.

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
    • Contact information
    • Phone lookups
    • Email lookups
    • Address lookups
    • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
    You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
    Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
    BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
    What does my account come with?
    Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
    How does BeenVerified have my information?
    BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
    Can I trust BeenVerified?
    BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
    Is BeenVerified free?
    No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I had been searching for over a decade for some Marines I'd served with in the 1980's. After years of searching the web and not being a Facebook user I was coming up empty. With BeenVerified I was able to find nearly everyone I'd hoped to find with the exception of a few guys I didn't have enough info on. If you know their name, approximate age and where they're from or where they've lived you WILL find them. Unfortunately I waited too long to get serious about my search, two of the Marines on the top of my list had recently passed away. I had to mourn two of my friends in one day. I kept BeenVerified for a month, looking up everyone I could think of, then cancelled my subscription. I highly recommend Been Verified and wouldn't hesitate to use their service again.

Hi There,

First we want to thank you for your service, Veteran! We are equally excited that you were able to locate your fellow Marines, this is a great testimonial! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I gave "a friend" of mine my cell phone number. A few days later I got a disgusting text which I knew was not from him. I messaged him and he goes 'oh that phone broke..(? Uh??..)- Obviously he bought some stupid phone off the street, and I got hacked. I got NumberGuru to see what this number was, etc with the disgusting text...Turns out it didn't have "a home" and most likely spam. At least I knew. I blocked the number, etc. What I like most about NumberGuru is it let me cancel, easily and effortlessly...No surprise charges on my card, etc. They responded right away and confirmed my cancelation. I will DEFINITLEY use them again if I need to track down a number!

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your review. We are equally excited you located the information you were seeking. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I'm in X private investigator, been in the business 45 years. I've used everyone in the marketplace as a skip tracing Source. This company is by far the best. Try them. You will never leave them. They give you all your data in an Easy-to-Read format. Their competitors cannot compete with the amount of information they provide and their accuracy. I've used everyone. Take my advice. These guys are the best. Try the rest. You'll see I'm telling the truth.

Hi Frederick,

This is awesome! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Contacted Been Verified to resolve an issue with our account(s) and dealt with ADAM **. Extremely knowledgeable, understood our issue and moved to resolve it immediately. Additionally referred part of the issue to customer service, for follow up in 24-48 hours. Extremely happy with their service, I have never had to deal with anyone personally at their company and this was a pleasure.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your experience with our customer support agent Adam.We are happy that you are happy with our service, and we are glad that we were able to assist you with your account.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I accidentally forgot to cancel my trial period for $1, the customer service dept gave full refund of charges past the trial period since I did not use the product after trial period. I can't help but congratulate them on excellent customer service.

Hi Bryan,

We thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that the issue was resolved and you were satisfied with the services provided.

Respectfully,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

My experience with the customer service rep was awesome. He took care of the problem and got my money refunded quickly. He was great at doing his job effectively and in a courteous way. Overall, I enjoyed having my account with Been Verified. It is a very useful tool.

Hi Dawn,

We are happy to hear your experience with our customer service representative. If we can provide any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

It was so easy to cancel my Beenverified account. Nicole was super. It was quite apparent to me that she was genuinely interested in assisting me with my request. She was very personable and professional. The service works great, easy to maneuver thru it. It’s just that I didn’t have a pertinent use for it is all.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for contacting us and for providing this feedback. We are happy to hear of your experience with a member of our customer support team.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

None of the data concerning my husband's listing is accurate. I looked at my listing and it is inaccurate also. Details are important on a site purporting to "verify" data. My neighbors listed had not lived in that space for 10 years or more.

Hi Helen,

Thanks for contacting us. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service. To offer you additional assistance please email us directly at support@beenverified.com.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Kind of ironic that a company that does background checks is itself a dishonest company. Buyer beware of the fine print! This company ensured that the monthly billing was in very fine print, the kind that one needs to dig around to find and then use a magnifying glass to read. They took money out of my credit card account every month until I saw it (lesson learned - I will be checking monthly statements carefully from now on). They then refused to pay it back. To add insult to injury, they asked me to tell my credit card company to back off since BeenVerified did me the kindness of closing my account. If you need a background check done, I recommend going somewhere else.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience. To offer you additional account assistance please feel free to email directly at support@beenverified.com.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I would recommend Beenverified to anyone interested in their services. I have never been treated so courteously by a customer service representative. It is obvious to me that the people in this company put the needs of their customers first.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience using our service and with our customer support team.

BeenVerified Company Information