BeenVerified Visit Website
  2. Background Check Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

According to the laws of the FCRA, BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency and cannot be used for employment or tenant screening.

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
View More View More
BeenVerified Visit Website

BeenVerified Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

This is ** that you guys say it's free and then I spend an hour and then it tells me I have to pay. It is false advertisement, you guys should let someone know that you are gonna make them pay, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Hello Kaeden,

BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives.

Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified.

You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have repeatedly closed my Been Verified account and have got mails from Been Verified saying that I have successfully closed my account, but I continue to be charged. This is a bad disreputable company, and should be closed immediately. The company is not genuine and ethical in its customer service dealings.

Hello Aruna,

We apologize if you are having trouble with your membership. Our records indicate that your account was cancelled, then reactivated.

Please be assured that your account was canceled in December 2019 and you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however, please note that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to reflect on your bank statement depending on your financial institution. Due to the privacy of your account please contact support@beenverified.com and we will be happy to assist you.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I went to Been Verified to find information on the person my ex- wife is now living with as I have custody of our son and wanted to know if this person was a good person, Been Verified said they found him and needed payment for me to see the results. Immediately after the payment was made they said they had no information and could not locate the person. I've tried emailing and calling for a refund and to cancel but my emails are returned to me and the phone calls they put you on hold for hours. I found from another site the person was just released from Federal Prison and has served both county jail and state prison in another state (which has been verified by his mother and father). Don't fall for this scam, they say they can provide which is nothing more than False Advertising.

Hi James,

We apologize you were not able to locate the information you were looking for. Perhaps expanding your search could have produce more results. For example If you've submitted your search with a specific city, middle name, or age and received no results, try removing some of that information and running the search again. You may find that we have a record for that individual in a different city than you were looking for them in, or we have a result for them, but it does not have an age attached.

Your account was refunded $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however, please note that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to reflect on your bank statement depending on your financial institution.

If we can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

After watching the "loading" process for 15 minutes you find out you get nothing unless you give a credit card and agree to charges. They try to impress you with the illusion they are working hard to get you information when all they're trying to do is get you to a point where you'll do anything to just see "something". DOn't waste your time and money on this bait and switch

Hi Scott,

If you're interested in trying out the service, you can access a special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/32fc4f/5/subscribe

Or you may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I was looking up a couple of possible numbers to call back after leaving my phone in the Uber this morning. One was unknown and I was sure that the other one was the Urgent Care Center where I was calling from. Been Verified came up with the phone belonging to a person, that had 7 jobs and more. The regular white page lookup gave me the exact location. Seriously this would have been a waste of time and money if I had not been looking under multiple resources.

Hi Debra,

I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble getting the information you need. We were not able to locate an account for you under the email address provided or your name. We are more then happy to assist further your search results that may have may provided a better search. Please contact us at support@beenverified.com with the email address or member ID number that was used to create the account.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards, and utility bills.

The results of a Reverse Phone Search can contain caller id data, phone records data, deep web search and more. Typically, we are able to provide the name of the owner and his or her address, in the full phone report.

If we are not showing some elements of this information in the results of your phone search, then we do not currently have that information for the number in our database. Please know that we are constantly updating and expanding our database to provide the most accurate and current information we possibly can.

When you search a number, we do not provide texts sent or received by that number or call logs for the number. We do not provide the physical location of the phone itself, such as with GPS tracking, etc. The information in our reports comes from public records and this information is not publicly available data.

BeenVerified Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

The site don't give you any information. I could have done it free. They charge me just for one day. Say couldn't get my money back because they already charged my card. I think it's a scam. It doesn't give you any information of who you looking for.

Hello April,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble locating the information you're looking for.

If you've submitted your search with a specific city, middle name, or age and received no results try removing some of that information and running the search again. You may find that we have a record for that individual, but that it is in a different city than you were looking for them in, or we have a result for them, but it does not have an age attached.

By adjusting the search parameters to be wider you may be able to find a record that was not showing up at first.

We have upgrade search packages that could unveil more detailed information depending on what you are looking for please contact us at support@beenverified.com and we are happy to assist. We offer a money-back guarantee as posted on our website. Please be assured you were refunded $26.89, the refund was processed immediately on our end, however, please note that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to reflect on your bank statement depending on your financial institution.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

You pay for a month's access, and then when you get to the actual search page, you have to pay more for "premium" access, which means that all you are really getting is the person's name and address and relatives. TOTAL SCAM. Steer clear and save your money.

Hi Amelia,

I apologize for any confusion.

On the signup page, we list features you will have access to with your subscription.

Please note with your subscription you have access to contact info, criminal records, social media, assets, jobs and education information and more. With a report upgrade purchase, you will unlock any additional data we have in the judgments, liens, license and permit categories of the report for that individual.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $24.62 earlier today per your email request.

We appreciate your feedback. It would be helpful to know, what specific information are you interested in?

We hope this information is helpful.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: May 1, 2019

It is a good website to search someone you don't know much. You will find some information you surprised. However if you are searching someone you know, you want to find some accurate information, this is not work. A lot of information is not up to date, like phone number, address, property. I searched myself too. The address has several errors. I have never lived in another state, they have 2 addresses are in another state. The phone numbers has the only very old ones. Even one personally known guy, his information is very old. I hope BeenVerified can work with the phone companies, make their phone number up to date.

Original review: April 15, 2019

He was wonderful! He was knowledgeable, kind, patient, understanding, and quick. I appreciated working with him to fix my problem I called in about. He is a great worker and a great example of wonderful customer service. Keep him around.

Hi Negesti,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer service experience speaking with Chris. We are pleased to hear he could quickly and kindly offer his assistance to you. We will definitely give him kudos for his hard work! Thank you again!

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: March 2, 2019

I believe if I simply paste a copy of the feedback that I sent to Been Verified, the purpose of this message will be obvious. Here it is: Hello, Just a quick note to let you know how great my customer service was today. I called for the purpose getting a refund for an automatic monthly payment that I didn't want to happen because I intended to cancel my account. I talked to Nakeisha, who quickly and smoothly identified my account, confirmed the specific transaction and politely agreed to get my refund taken care of. This kind of professional customer service is why I would choose your company first if I ever wanted a Background checker in the future. Thanks!

Hello Joseph.

Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your experience. We are so happy to hear that all of your expectations and needs were met with the professionalism our customers deserve. We hope to see you again should the need arise!

BeenVerified expert review by Ben Mannes

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $14.86 per month.

• Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.

• Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.

• Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

BeenVerified Company Information