2.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 116 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

According to the laws of the FCRA, BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency and cannot be used for employment or tenant screening.

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

138 BeenVerified Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have been using BeenVerified to check on the status of the inheritance that was stolen from my Uncle William ** (an attorney no less). All you have to do is look at the BeenVerified site and put in Timothy ** Name, and all of a sudden the THIEVES ARE PRESENT. Instead of mentioning the direct heirs of Timothy ** and Deborah ** (son and daughter)... There are people that my Uncle gave money to through public record. He is listed, the wife of Timothy ** is listed. Even the ex wife of William ** and all of his daughters are listed. But this is far from the truth. Timothy ** had a son and daughter, and ex-wife Rose **, and 4 grandchildren and great-grandchildren. None of whom are listed. It just shows you how easy it is to steal something and get away with it. Prayerfully this will go to the Supreme Court.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Terrible site that gives minimal information with initial fee, then requires an additional fee for every single bit of information. A family member was being scammed and a personal friend compiled = his extensive criminal history for us, yet this site revealed nothing on this predator. A complete waste of money.

Hi Teresa,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble locating the information you were looking for. The Criminal Records section of the background report may include criminal records from county courts, department of corrections, Administration of the Courts, and other state legal agencies. The types of offenses can include felonies, misdemeanors, and even traffic incidents in some cases. Positive or false matches in criminal searches may not provide confirmation of an individual's criminal background. It is important to use caution whenever reviewing this kind of information.

While we put every effort into making our data as accurate as possible, we are dependent upon the criminal data made digitally available to us by the courts. There are some counties that make more criminal data digitally available to us than others (some include cases that date farther back, some counties provide arrests while others may only provide felony convictions), and there are still some counties that do not yet make their criminal data digitally available to us.

We constantly work to expand and improve our database, but we understand it can be frustrating to be unable to locate what you were looking for.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a complete refund. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

The site keeps asking for more money for just one more service. I went for the first two steps and paid over $20.00. The information I got back was very little more than I had already gotten on free sites. It is really not worth the money I spent. Very disappointed.

Hi Juanita,

I'm sorry to hear that you had any trouble locating the information you were looking for. Our reports draw from public records, so your ability to locate a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I was curious to the site. We used it when we had a small business and prospective clients’ info did not match up with the legal info we received. I checked my own name, and the information on me was incorrect. I checked other family members and their information was incorrect too. This became a waste of our time and money due to the inaccuracies. If I can't even pull up correct information on myself, I certainly cannot depend on them to report accurate information on potential clients.

Hello Patricia,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports. We draw the information in our reports from public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or available. We regularly update our databases in order to present the most complete records that are available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data.

Please be assured that you were issued a complete refund. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I wanted to do a background check on an individual due to a pending divorce issue. I was hoping to get criminal history, financial history. Instead I got basic information that was not useful; however, for an additional fee of $14.95 (over and above the 3 month fee I was willing to pay) I could have gotten the required information. What a rip off. I was led to believe everything would be included in this report and subsequent reports I was planning to utilize to support a divorce issue. I want my 3 months fee returned and cancellation of this service. What a waste of time.

Hi Lillian,

I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble finding the information you were looking for.

When available we include this data in the base report, with no upgrade required. The paid upgrade can return any additional data we have in the judgments, liens, license and permits, which have additional costs to recover, and as such are not include in the base report.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a full refund. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Don't care for the way they deceived me and took a dollar out of my pocket, the story is, I've been getting calls from an unknown phone number and BeenVerified led me to believe that they have a full report about the caller, I paid to get the report later to find that there is no informations, and shown that they have NOTHING about this number. To give "BeenVerified" the benefit, I searched my office number which is a public information and operate under the law of Pennsylvania, shockingly they only were able to provide me with a Google map for that phone number location, not even the name of my business!

Hi Steven,

I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble getting the information you need.

The results of a Reverse Phone Search can contain caller id data, phone records data, deep web search and more. Typically, we are able to provide the name of the owner and his or her address, in the full phone report.

If we are not showing some elements of this information in the results of your phone search, then we do not currently have that information for the number in our database. Please know that we are constantly updating and expanding our database to provide the most accurate and current information we possibly can.

When you search a number, we do not provide texts sent or received by that number, or call logs for the number. We do not provide the physical location of the phone itself, such as with GPS tracking etc. The information in our reports comes from public records and this information is not publicly available data.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $1.00. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I needed to see my background check for a project I was working on. They had one address of the four I have had in San Diego County in the last 35 years. I signed up using an email and they said I had no email. They claimed no social media activity but I have been using my name on Facebook for 10 years. I have a California driver’s license, voted in every election since 1970. No other information was available. The money was shoved down a rat hole and I have nothing to show for it. I want my money back and I'm going to file a complaint with PayPal about the bogus information and sales pitch that is a bald face lie. Don't even consider this site, It is a ripoff.

Hi Warren,

I'm sorry to hear that you had any trouble locating the information that you were looking for. BeenVerified is a service that allows you to access the available public records for a given person when you search a name. What this means is that the information available can vary from person to person depending on what public information is out there.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. With social media, the amount of information available depends on how locked down your security settings are for the different services.

We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can, but ultimately are only able to share the information that is available publicly for an individual.

If you have any questions or need any further assistance you can reach us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I think I should get my money back!!! They should not call themselves Been Verified when the information is wrong. More information even wrong one means putting out more money for them. I am shocked and disappointed that they would charge all this money for inaccurate information. I checked some records and some of the information I knew for a fact was wrong when the person's photo was someone else. I checked mine and my family's info and it was all wrong.We were linked to phone numbers in California where we never been to. E-mails that were not ours. So how can we as consumers be confident the information we are paying for is accurate. I even paid premium for $14 more to unlock more information as it stated and there was nothing there. Shame on them!

Hi Tina,

I'm sorry to hear that you had any trouble locating the information you were looking for. BeenVerified's database contains information collected from public records and publicly available data, compiled from thousands of different sources. Your ability to locate a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

If you are unable to locate a particular individual in our database, please know that we continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills. As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've been using it. The first time I used it I canceled it because it was an accurate information. I decided to give it one more try and now the information they're giving me is my name but it's also giving me middle names that's not my name and that I'm going to Rainy and Lady from Aranea and different phone numbers from people and Atlanta and when I go to pull up more information it wants to charge me. I would hate to see what it pulled up a criminal background and they can't say is data from the damn government because the government knows who I am ya. I'll just take people's money for nothing and I mean I tried to pull up other people that I knew and their information wrong also. Can't everybody's information be wrong.

Hi Kelley,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble finding the information you were looking for on BeenVerified. While some of our data comes from the government, other information comes from additional sources like magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills. It's also more likely that some individuals with more common names will see inaccurate data in their reports.

We're constantly working to improve our database, but understand that it can be frustrating to be unable to locate the information you were looking for.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I want to take a minute to tell you about my wonderful experience with your customer service team. I sent an email asking to cancel my subscription and explained that due to an AT&T outage I was unable to make the phone call to cancel my subscription on the day needed (1 day prior to my email). I received a response in 15 minutes from your CS team. Not only did they immediately cancel my subscription, they initiated the refund immediately. This type of prompt response and customer service understanding is hard to come by. I will be telling everyone I know about BeenVerified. The reports were accurate and gave me the information I needed within seconds and the customer service team went above and beyond. I will definitely be using BeenVerified again when I need a report. Thank you for excelling in your promises to be accurate, prompt and affordable.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I tried starting ‘BeenVerified’ to see what came up on myself. ‘BEENVERIFIED CAN NOT BE TRUSTED’ and ‘what a pile of junk’ is what I have to say about it. First it lists cities that I have never lived or worked in, the main email shown is from a service that I have never heard of. I believe these records are completely useless. Some info is correct but how can one tell what is correct and what is false. For example I have a common name and when I was in college there was another student that our records got mixed up on. We had the same exact first, middle and last names, we also had the same birthdays, just a different year, Been Verified does not seem to consider that, but they sell YOUR information as if it were fact and give you no ability to change the massively incorrect info they sell which can affect other people lives. Don’t waste your money on incorrect information. BEENVERIFIED SELLS WRONG INFORMATION PERIOD.

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

We do offer an opt out option so that you can remove your record if it has information you would not like to be available listed in it, or if you're seeing it combined with other people's records, which can happen when you have a common name. Please use the link below to opt your name out of BeenVerified's people search results:

www.beenverified.com/optout

To get started, click the link and use the search to locate and select your record. You will then receive an email asking you to click to verify your request. After you verify, we will send you an email confirming that the record you selected has been opted out and will instruct our data partners not to return the record in future People Search results.

Further, please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified people search results from various public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to suppress the records that you opt out from appearing in our people search results, there may be times when our data partners provide us with new data about you that is different enough from the data you previously opted out – such as different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses – that it is not possible to conclusively opt out that new record. Accordingly, if you have previously opted out and see a new record about you appear in our people search results, please contact us with this opt-out request and we will remove this record as well.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

For more detailed information about the opt-out process, please visit our Opt-Out FAQ: http://www.beenverified.com/opt-out-faq.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Very prompt and reliable customer service! Highly recommend. I used them for my website ** to verify customers on suspicious online jewelry orders. Their website was easy to use and navigate. When I emailed their support staff I received a reply in about 5 minutes. Can't beat their support.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I just contacted support to cancel my trial subscription only because I couldn't afford it at this time and was waiting to get the "hard sell agent" in the other end of the line. To my surprise Edwin was not like that at all! He offered to give me a better deal and when I said I still couldn't afford it at this time he was nice and polite and took care of my cancellation without an attitude or any condemnation in his voice. Way to go Edwin! You get it! That is how customer service should be!!! Other company's could take lessons from Edwin on how to treat their clients!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I checked my name on their website and found that it mixes my data with that of other people with the same name. As a result, what they make available about me is not true. For all I know, it may even be damaging, if those they've mixed me with have bad credit or other issues. When I wrote to them, I was told they just compile information from a variety of sources. They did not offer to correct my information, nor did they respond to my request to remove my name from their database. Is it not misleading to call themselves "BeenVerifed" when they do not verify and won't even correct what they are told is wrong?

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into any inaccurate data in your report.

BeenVerified's reports are built using public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

As you experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information as provided to us within public data. Because we do not create the information, we cannot edit the information. Corrections occur through ongoing, systematic database updates.

We do understand your concerns about information being available in your report that is not accurate, which is why we offer an opt out service. I have located your record and removed it, so that the information is no longer available on our site.

Your removal will be reflected in our People Search results the next time our server refreshes. In most cases this will take 24 hours to take effect and then we encourage you to check for yourself. Please note that sometimes the removal occurs in stages as our servers update, meaning that while the main record is removed immediately, you may see other pages that still reference the report remain visible temporarily as we process the opt out. Rest assured that even if references to your record are visible on these pages as we complete the opt out, should anyone try to click into your record they will not be able to open it.

Once you have given our servers enough time to refresh, simply log onto BeenVerified.com and type your name into People Search. In some cases, you may need to "clear your history" in your browser just in case your computer is storing and recalling information cached prior to the opt-out. We encourage you to check to make sure your record was removed and to contact us at privacy@beenverified.com if you have any issues.

Should you have any further questions, or need any additional assistance, you can reach us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was looking up some old friends online and decided to check the BeenVerified site out and typed in the name and answered a few questions and then it said the price and I decided against it so I closed the website when it gave me a deal of 7 days for $1 so I signed up. I was quickly disappointed when all I got was some basic information and if I wanted to really do a good search it would add a lot of extra fees for the Court Runner, on top of the regular cost and I kinda thought about it but then I sent a letter to a old friend that returned with note saying, "Sorry they moved 3 years ago,"??!! So I ran names I knew to include myself and they were all way outdated. The property sales were pretty accurate so that was a good point. Maybe I'll check the court runner out someday.

Hi Jerry,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate or out of date information in your reports.

Court Runner is focused more on locating criminal convictions, so may not have been what you needed if you were trying to locate old friends. We include as much contact and address data as is publically available in the base report, without any upgrades necessary to see it. Sometimes it is just the case that we do not have that information available for some individuals.

I see that your account was cancelled already at your request. Please be assured that you will not be billed going forward.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My mother is decease and you have alive living in Hogansville Georgia, where she never live. Stating she is 93. You need to contact me privily. I will not give out her name and if I have to I will bring the law into this. It is criminal!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I only recieved a list of old phone numbers, previous email addresses, and social media information that in many cases actually lead nowhere. The list of relatives and associates contained too many inaccuracies to be worthwhile. More in depth information requires a more in depth reach into your pocketbook. This search was a waste of time and money. I want the money I paid back.

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate or missing information in your reports.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I've been searching for my father ever since I became an adult. I've spoken to him once at age 13 and never had contact again. I decided to try BeenVerified and was able to contact him. It seems to come right on time because I've found that I have cancer and I'm glad I have contacted him before it was too late. It's so surreal that each time we talk I have to pinch myself because it's like a dream!! At first it was scary but now I think we both look forward to each other's call. Thank you BeenVerified. Your service has truly been a life changer for me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I used the service when I received a notice on a credit application that I had a prior arrest on my record. This was a surprise to me because I've never been arrested. I ordered this report to confirm that I had never been arrested. I sent to the creditor for proof and all was well. A few months later, I noticed that I was still being charged for the service on a monthly basis. One email exchange later and the company refunded all of the months I did not need. I believe this is rare these days because most companies will tell you that the monthly charge was in the fine print and will refuse to refund you. BeenVerified did the right thing and for that, I'm grateful.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This site it terrible. You have to go through a whole process that makes you think the person you are looking up has a criminal record, requires you to pay to see results and then lists a bunch of family members and phone numbers then asks you to upgrade to a higher package to see if the person you are researching has a criminal record. Totally misleading and not worth a cent. I tried calling to request a refund and also to cancel - the automated line does not work. I want my money back now.

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry that you had any trouble finding the information you were looking for.

Our Court Runner feature allows you to send a researcher to the county court directly, which can return information that is not available digitally. We do not withhold information in order to cause you to purchase a Court Runner, they would return information that is not available in a base report.

I see that you were able to reach a member of our customer support team, and I can confirm that your account was canceled and you were issued a full refund. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Company is posting family names, address, members and phone numbers of federal agent online putting member and family in grave danger. Posting info on every search engine on internet. The company is in violation of the Federal LEOSA Act. Company will NOT remove, even when "opt out" is chosen, from internet.

Hi Dan,

I located your opt out requests sent from your other email address, and can confirm that your records have been removed from BeenVerified. I am unable to locate any current live records on BeenVerified for your name.

If you are seeing results for your name showing when you run a web search, this is an older version of our results page that has been cached or saved by Google. Our data team has taken action to remove this page.

We are unable to further expedite this process, as your information has been removed from our site, but will still show in Google search results until they update their cached version of the page. However, please rest assured that the full version of the report is no longer available on BeenVerified, and it is not possible to access the full report. Please allow 30 days for this update to be reflected in a Google search of your name.

If you have any further questions, please let us know at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

This site/service is misleading. While trying to do a background check it lead me to believe that there was a criminal record but wouldn't reveal unless I paid for a subscription which I did. Once paid, it showed no record found with a digital search however, if I wanted to pay another fee they would do a "runner" on local counties. I have requested an immediate cancellation and refund. Will have to wait and see if they do so. Would not recommend any of these types of sites.

Hi Beth,

Please also know that we are constantly working to expand and improve our database, to provide you with the most current, accurate information we can. We have also issued you a complete refund of $22.86 as you requested.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Don't waste your money on the website. I didn't receive any accurate information unless I paid more money to find additional information about the person I was looking for. It was a waste of time and money. You guys should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of people who actually trying to find their long lost relatives.

Hi Jay,

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

These ** only got my email address. I wasn't stupid enough to give them my credit card # but I still get over 200 spam emails a day and 20 or 30 inbox emails a day adding more each day! I will soon have to buy new business cards and get a new email address!!! Do not give these ** any info!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was thoroughly disappointed with this service. The data provided was as easily available to me by simply doing the search online. Classic bait and switch, you told one thing on the front end and up sold for any meaningful information. Shame on you. Whoever reads this... SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Deceptive company. After checking my iTunes payment history, I noticed that automatic payments to BeenVerified have been applied to my account every MONTH since the beginning of 2016! I used this service TWICE 3 years ago, as indicated by my 'most recent reports.' This billing matter is not something that shows up on my bank statement as it has been lumped in with other iTunes purchases. I've never even received an email from the company in regard to enrollment or payment related matters. When I search BeenVerified into my email account, absolutely nothing comes up. This site is incredibly misleading and deceptive. Now I'm stuck with nearly $200 of payment for a service I used twice, three years ago!

Hi Eliza:

Because you purchased your subscription through iTunes, your subscription is managed by Apple. You must cancel your subscription through iTunes. I apologize for any confusion. You should be able to follow these steps to cancel your subscription:

1. On your device, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
2. Tap your Apple ID.
3. If you're not signed in, sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes Store.
4. Tap View Apple ID. (You might be asked to enter your password again.)
5. Under Subscriptions, tap Manage.
6. Tap the subscription you want to manage.
7. Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose to turn off Auto-Renewal.

8. Auto-Renewal has to be turned from on to off to cancel a subscription. When you turn off Auto-Renewal, your subscription will cancel at the end of the current billing cycle.

For more information and screen shots of these steps, please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039. If you need assistance with this process, please contact iTunes.

All purchases made through iTunes, including your subscription purchase, are controlled by Apple. Unfortunately we do not have access to these transactions to assist you with a refund. In the email receipt you received from iTunes, I believe you can use the Report Problem link in order to contact them with an issue with your purchase.

If you have any additional questions about BeenVerified, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

When I requested a refund I got an immediate and fast response and things were taken care of immediately to my full satisfaction. Great customer service!!! I recommend BeenVerified and will use their service again when I need it. Because to me customer service matters and BeenVerified has been a great experience for me.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This site is horrible, strings a person along through a lengthly process. They then say they have a lot of info on the person you inquired about. Pay them and then the reports had nothing in them. What A RIP-OFF scam of a website. Do not use them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I feel like I was scammed by the website, mainly the service cost. Thought I was going to be able to get all current information on a relative I am trying to locate but it seems that all the information they supplied was extremely out of date or just plain wrong and the only way I can get any enhanced or other type search information is to pay more money for it. Really feel ripped off somehow, would like a refund if possible but kind of doubt it will happen. I cancelled my subscription within hours of signing up for it and was not at all impressed with anything except the way they fooled me and tried to get more money. Don't waste your time with this site, it's a waste of time and money.

Updated on 10/17/2017: After writing a negative review about BeenVerified on ConsumerAffairs I received a notice of refund from BeenVerified. Thank you ConsumerAffairs, I received more action going through you people than I believe I would have ever gotten from that "other" website I thought I could get really good info from but did not at all, the refund is appreciated but money isn't everything. Thanks again, but the library is only a half mile away.

Hi Tomey,

Please be assured that you were issued a full refund of $26.89. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

This service was Completely useless. Seems like a scam. They were unable to pull any information when other services are able to pull the numbers. I highly suggest you try alternate services. They attempt to lure you in with no cost, then there is a cost, and then they can't even fulfill information requested.

Hi Katie,

I have issued you a full refund for your $1.00 trial. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

BeenVerified expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $10 per month.

• Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.

• Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.

• Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs