1.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BeenVerified is a background check provider with the mission of helping people discover, understand and use public data in their everyday lives. If you are interested in running a background check, then you have come to the right place. BeenVerified collects countless sources of public records and puts them in one report, making it easier for you to follow. Our affordable membership prices allows anyone to run background checks through our privacy-friendly public record search. Contact us today!

According to the laws of the FCRA, BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency and cannot be used for employment or tenant screening.

BeenVerified Video
BeenVerified Gallery (3)
View More View More

244 BeenVerified Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This company makes you watch as they pretend to dig up confidential information that you could never find on your own. You pay for a membership, thinking you're going to learn a lot. You finally get to see what they found, except that everything that is important is marked PREMIUM INFORMATION! I am trying to find out if a mystery second-cousin is legit. She found us via Ancestry, but until now, none of my cousins had ever had children. They are all males---which would mean somebody fathered a child nobody knew about.

The contacting second-cousin has many aliases. Her age would point to a certain time period that could be right. She was adopted--this ridiculous scan gave her age and birthdate--no birth PLACE, no birth PARENTS, no ADOPTIVE PARENTS, nothing. If BeenVerified thinks I'm going to click on PREMIUM information and find out what very well could be NOTHING MORE, they're crazy! What you get is a month-long membership, which sounds like a good deal. Then you find out you won't get squat till you click on a premium report. BAD---save your money!

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Signed up for 3 months but it only took me 10 minutes to see this isn't worth my time. Multiple people show up that are not the one you are looking for. You can supply them with name, middle name, last name, state, age of person and many times can't get the right one. Don't know where they are getting their info. Many more addresses, emails, etc that are someone else's. Tried to get a receipt to verify my purchase but can't even get that from the company. Going to try to get my money back.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

We don't show you've attempted to contact our support team yet but it appears you disputed our charges with your bank. Please be assured the account is canceled and closed. We are locked out of any further transactions. You would need to follow up with your bank regarding the resolution of the dispute and the return of any funds to your account.

BeenVerified Customer care

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I used the BeenVerified service in July 2017. I was actually pleased with the service and had recommended them but then found out they scammed me and have been charging my card ever since. I emailed them within 30 days to cancel my subscription and they continue to charge me. There is no way to delete your credit card once you enter it... so DON'T.

Hi Nicole,

I apologize for any problems you have had with the account. We do not show a cancellation request before 11/4/18, would you be able to provide a screenshot of the email you send to us back in July 2017?

We show you were refunded $101.88 on 11/5/18 and your account is canceled. Although there is no option to remove your billing information via the website you can call or email us to request the removal of your card. Please be assure we have deleted that information for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I paid for this service and am so sorry I did! I tried looking up people I wanted to get in touch with again and there was NEVER enough information unless I wanted to pay more to get it! And pay more for each person every time! So I then started looking up people I knew. OMG! Wrong addresses, email addresses, phone numbers. Said they had no media accounts when I know they do or that they owned no property and I know they do! I emailed them, requested cancel and refund because I would not recommend them to anyone unless they do! You would need to be very rich to get all the information you're looking for and hope that it is correct! Also note! You cannot go to your account and remove your credit card information either. You're locked out of doing so!

Hi Bonnie,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Please be assured we show you were refunded on 10/27/18 per your email request.

For feedback purposes, could you tell us what type of information you were looking to view that requested more payment?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I am from the Philippines, I met a guy online from the United States. He went to the Philippines just this month and cheated on me over some other Filipina women. I am 23 years old and God-knows-what the real age of this person is. What happened to me, already happened to me. It is done. I just hope that this guy would not go around my country fooling around other young Filipina girls for sex. This app could have been very helpful for me to know more information about him as he would only disclose very few info about his self. However, to my disappointment, as I was to pay my subscription to BeenVerified, my payment was denied as my request is coming out of the USA.

You would help more people around the world if you would allow people from other countries to have access on your information. Online dating has cut through borders worldwide. This can be a powerful website to protect girls from third world countries to be lured by lust-driven sex tourist from first world countries. Just that.

Hi Rhodora,

We're fully committed to and wish to dedicate our efforts to fully complying with those ever-changing data and privacy regulations contemplated by and required in the U.S. and accordingly prefer to concentrate on such best practices, before we tackle other legislation and regulation that may be required by other jurisdictions outside of the U.S.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerified Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

All the info contained in these reports are from google not a single bit info was new. I want a refund. The membership was canceled. I feel like I been scammed for my hard earned money. Taking advantage of people isn’t right!

Hi Jeremy,

The information in BeenVerified's reports is aggregated from public records and publicly available information. This public information is compiled through many public offices and agencies with the intent and for the purpose of it being made available to the public. There are many sources of public records, including: telephone directories, public property records, utility bills, magazine subscriptions, voter registration, and more.

We show you email our support team on 10/20/18 and were issued a full refund as requested.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I did a search and they talked about they had this thorough report, I paid the monies and it said could not be found. Every search I have done has come back servers working overtime. Just plain lies...

Hi Anthony,

We apologize for any inconvenience.

We experienced a technical issue causing reports to not load successfully, that is now resolved.

Please be assured your account was canceled and we issued a refund of $1.00. We have also extended your account for free so that you may run any searches you were previously unable to.

If you choose to try it again, once logged in you can ignore the notice to reactivate your subscription. Simply click 'Not now, take me to my old reports' in the lower left hand corner, and you will then be able to run new searches using the fields along the top, or view your previous reports from your Dashboard.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

If I could give this legal garbage negative stars I would. The only good thing about BeenVerified is that it goes to show how anyone can open up a terrible business and still make money. The service is horrible and you could honestly find the same crap on Google in only 10 minutes. On top of that, they will charge you even after you’ve cancelled your credit card. It’s a total mess! Please STAY AWAY and don’t even think about using this ridiculous service that for some reason is still in business.

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out.

We show your account was canceled a few hours after your subscription was renewed on 10/19. Please be assured you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I used their service 1 time in August. They are not supposed bill me after that. I have not use their service in September and October. Need refund. Spoke to them. They are willing to give me only $10 back. This is a scam. Reason I use them, they were the cheapest. This is what you get for cheap.

Hi Dominick,

Thank you for reaching out.

We were unable to locate an account under your name or email. To offer further assistance, could you provide the email address used to sign up or your member id?

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have tried to cancel my automatic monthly payment. System saying my email is not on file. Asked for password reset. No emails came through. Just keep getting billed! I have called and they claim neither of my emails are on file. I gave the last 4 digits of change card. Been charged. They do not admit they find it and keep billing me. Frustrating.

Hi William,

I was able to review your correspondence with our email support team.

We currently do not offer a charge in the amount of $27.78. To confirm where this charge is coming from, could you provide the exact amount you see billed and the description showing next to that charge on your statement?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I was trying to do a “quick” search and it took several minutes. It takes seconds for these database searches. They’re using something similar to the ‘Sunk Cost Fallacy’. They’re making you invest A LOT of your time and hoping that after you’ve already put so much into it you will sign up for their TRASH service. At the end I got NOTHING. STAY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDS.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for reaching out. BeenVerified's aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can.

On our website you have the option of checking to see if your search subject is in our database before signing up or you can click the "Sign Up" button located to the top right of our homepage to be directed to a sign up page.

You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I purchased the membership for $22, which was a complete waste because I got nothing different from the free reports. They made it seem like I'd get more information as a subscriber, then when I subscribed I got nothing new except prompts to buy more services that could supposedly get me the information I wanted. I feel like I got scammed. Canceled my subscription and was given no option to request a refund on their completely automated system. Not even sure if it's really canceled or if I'll wind up with a 'surprise' charge like so many others on here.

Hi Jen,

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to find the information you were looking for.

We show you cancel your account on 10/13/18 using our automated system. Please be assured you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call our toll free number or email us at support@beenverified.com

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I needed this one time to find out information on someone with a felony who we had a business relationship with. Got what I understood to be a one-time report. Apparently, in fine print, they tell you that a one time use is actually a subscription, and a costly one at that. It wasn't until I found an unexpected bill on my Visa card that I realized I'd been tricked (I'm an attorney so usually don't fall for these things) and tried to cancel. Not easy. Nothing on the site that allows it. In fact, it's hard to find that it's an evergreen unless you do something. One must phone to cancel. That's not easy to find either. Horrible! I lost time and money to this scam and recommend that people find another way to get information about those they need to investigate.

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience.

We show you signed up for our 5 day trial for a $1.00. We let you know on the sign-up page the date that it will automatically renew unless you elect to cancel along with the amount of the subscription. We also offer our number and email to cancel at anytime, this can be found on our website under the contact us link towards the bottom of the page.

Please be assured your account was canceled on 10/13/18 and we have issued you the refund for the monthly subscription of $26.89. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

"BeenVerified" company themselves have little worth when it comes to verifying a site/company. I trusted their word on 2 companies that, in my end result caused HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES (Justanswer.com & Sellyourgold.com). Each were accredited as being verified, LEGITIMATE and trusted. Justanswer.com appraisals were not accurate appraisals. I was told there is NO WAY for them to accurately appraise an item with PHYSICALLY seeing an item. Yet the site advertises they appraise items CHARGING A FEE and are authentic and HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AS TRUSTWORTHY and ACCURATE! Not so!

I paid for appraisals and placed items for sale on the market and opened myself up to hurling insults and accusations as being dishonest. I removed my items immediately, although I posted the appraisals to prove I was legit I removed the rest of my items to avoid reprisals. Sellyourgold.com. (After turning down their ridiculous lowball offer on over 140 items) returned all my items CRAMMED INTO AN 8×10 ENVELOPE. DESTROYED my jewelry, collector coins, changed out stones, ruined collector values, "lost" 18 1/2 k Gold sheets, Original paperwork to items as well as ALL ORIGINAL BOXES, CONTAINERS AND COIN BINDERS! BEENVERIFIED HAS NO VALUE. CONSUMER BEWARE.

Hi Charlene,

BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more.

We not affiliated with the websites you mentioned.

It's possible there may have been some confusion. If a company states they have been verified as trustworthy this doesn't not mean they are connected to our website BeenVerified.com.

I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@BeenVerified.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

As per their Opt out policy, I provided an email with all pertinent information, First & last, Middle initial, aliases, current city & state, locations, age, DOB, relatives, & the URL I found all the info on (half was incorrect & had nothing to do with me). I received an email from them to verify the person they chose is correct. LOL, wrong state, 17 years younger than me, not 1 relative that I sent. No option in the email to say "wrong person" ~ so, back to the website I go to start over & can't start again because there's already a request. Even better, is I went through all of this roughly 3 years ago & I'll be doggone if they didn't re-harvest info & put it back up on their site with added people & places I've never lived or known.

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for reaching out.

We show you emailed us on 10/11/18 requesting to be removed, we sent a confirmation a few hours later. Are you still seeing your information on our site? If so, please let us know so we may offer further assistance in removing it.

In some cases, you may need to "clear your history" in your browser just in case your computer is storing and recalling information cached prior to the opt-out.

Please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified People Search results with records from several different public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to match these new records to the existing records in our database, there may be times when one of our data partners provides us with a new record about you that is different enough from your existing record – for example, containing different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses – that we cannot match this new record to your existing record, and this new record may appear in our People Search results. In addition, in order to prevent fraud and protect the integrity of our opt-out process, we currently only permit you to remove one record from our People Search results through our online opt-out process. Accordingly, if you see a new record about you appear in our People Search results, please contact us at privacy@beenverified.com and we will be happy to help you remove that record as well.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I had a problem with somebody on social media posting sensitive information on the "Next Door" app. I needed to get some info on who was posting it. I went to BeenVerified. I entered my information and it gave me an offer to a 5 day trial for $1. After filling out some more info it said I used my $1 offer in the past. I was not going to pay $30.00. So I choose another website. I was billed anyway. I tried to log on. I didn't have an account. I called up to get a refund. The guy said he refunded the money. 12 hours later it is not in my account. I called Wells Fargo and put in a claim. I record all my phone calls. I called BeenVerified back and the guy said it can take up to a week. He also said I looked up somebody and I have to pay $30. I told him the first thing you do put in somebody's name. They don't give you the info unless you pay. My next call or email is to Pam Bondi's office. She is fantastic on following up on scams. Wells Fargo too.

Hi Kevin,

I apologize for any confusion.

There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified.

We show you have 3 different accounts two of which have taken advantage of our $1.00 trial. The account that was billed $29.95 was created for our one time check. Please note that before you are charged you must agree to the amount on the sign up page and click view report before it can be bill.

We show the amount was fully refund on 10/07/18. The refund is processed immediately on our end, however it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement depending on your financial institution.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Their website information is evasive and deceiving. I've contacted the company regarding a refund due to no longer using this service. They have not contacted me or will refund me. Very unhappy. I’ve tried several times to contact their support. And so far no one has contacted me or refunded my account.

Hi Yvonne,

We show you used our automated system to cancel on 10/7/18 but do not show you have spoken to a representative. We were also unable to locate email from your gmail sent to us requesting a refund. Could you tell us how you tried to contact us?

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $26.89. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

In February of 2018, I signed up for a one time use of this service, NOT A SUBSCRIPTION. I was charged as if I had signed up for a subscription for seven (7) additional months. I called to get a refund, and was denied a refund by a customer service agent named Ashley. I was told that even though I had signed up for a one time use, in the "Terms and Conditions" I had agreed to a subscription. I explained to Ashley that it was illegal to be deceptive and to bury a subscription in the Terms and Conditions if the customer explicitly did not sign up for a subscription, but a one time use. I recorded the the conversation and let her know. DO NOT USE THESE SERVICES. THEY WILL SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!

Hi Catherine,

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. All of our subscriptions are recurring. We let you know on the sign-up page that each subscription package will automatically renew until you elect to cancel.

We show Ashali provided you with a refund of $68.58 when you called on 10/05/18 and sent a ticket requesting more refunds for you to our support team. We show our support team was able to refund you an additional refund of $68.58 on 10/06/18. Your refund covers transactions from 04/07/18- 09/07/18 .

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought a monthly subscription for this service for my job. I work in a local homeless shelter and it has helped me track down some of my clients' family members, research properties and assist my clients in understanding the need for honesty when I am assisting them. I even used this for my own personal use in researching a home that I was renting, and one that I was looking at purchasing. I was impressed by the information I could find on this. I kept this service for about 7 months when I decided to cancel it, because I had a job change.

Probably the most amazing thing to me was how EASY it was to cancel it. I was delaying canceling for the longest time, because I thought I'd have to spend hours on the phone. But it was a quick automated system. I just canceled my subscription a few moments ago and I had a monthly subscription, so I am unsure if it will go through, but if it does I would highly recommend this company to any and all of my friends and co-workers (in fact some of my co-workers used it and liked it as well). It's a decent background system that has an app and a website, and it is relatively inexpensive. I am still blown away at how easy the cancellation process was, almost so much so that I want to give this place more of my business.

Hi Micha,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with the site as well as the cancellation process. We truly appreciate your recommendation to others and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I did the initial $1 fee on Aug 29th. Was not happy with the little information I received. Canceled within the stated time frame. However was charged $26.89 on Sept 4th. Contacted BeenVerified that I should not have been charged and now on Oct 3rd I have been charged an additional $26.89. I am not at all happy with this company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I do not understand why he has bad magazines. This system is wonderful. We had a missing guy in the United States for 7 years, we tried all the means to find it until I found this application. Fortunately, he gave us all the information, including that he was already dead. Even though it was difficult to attack this application, the direction coincided with the data that the family had. We were able to verify that it was the. The use policies are clear about the information they give and that you have to pay more if you want more information. The customer service has been excellent, I recommend this application.

Hi Derly,

We appreciate your kind words. It's a comfort to know we could offer our help to locate the information you needed. Thank you for sharing your feedback and please keep us in mind for any future searching needs.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I just created an account last night not even 24 hours ago thinking I was going to see a full report because it said I was going to get one. Turns out this company tricked me good and I’m so disappointed in thinking this was going to be a reliable website as it was the website that was continually recommended in my search engine. In order to get the full report I had to pay MORE money!!! I spent 22.86 on false advertising! Wish they were more clear with what you actually get! I would have never made this purchase had I known.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I signed up for the trial in order to help out a friend. Since then I've been attempting to cancel my account. This was over a month ago. They are still attempting to debit my account and I keep reporting it as a fraudulent transaction. Do not use this service.

Hi Nickolas,

Thank you for providing your email. I was able to locate your account, please be assured your account is now canceled and you were only billed the $1.00.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to email us at support@Beenverified.com

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I needed a driver’s license number for myself, from the last state I lived in. I fell for it... found the website, assumed that they could pull it up, set about $40 on fire. I am more disappointed in myself really...I fell for a scam.

Hi Austin,

I apologize for any confusion. We do not advertise that we offer drivers license on our website.

Please be assured I have issued a full refund for $37.72 billed for our services.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

So if I had gone with their report I would have hired a felon with assault charges and several others involving drugs!!! Their current address was even wrong. Every piece of info reported by them I had already found for FREE with a few online searches. This woman was far from the "Upstanding citizen" they told me she was. If I had hired her I would be filing charges right now. Have requested a full refund, will see if I get it or not. Very unhappy, would not have given any star if it had been an option! My rating is a STAR-minus.

Hi Kimberly:

As per our Terms of Service, you may not use BeenVerified to conduct Employment Background Checks or FCRA Related Background Checks. BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and the information contained within our website has not been collected for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. We let our potential customers know this before signing up and after billing information has been entered you must agree to our terms of service. Please feel free to review our Terms of Service at http://www.beenverified.com/consumer-terms-of-service.

We are happy to assist you with closing your account and looking into issuing a refund but we were unable to locate an account under your email. Please provide the email address you used to sign up or your member ID.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had sign up the service 30 minutes, the website sound like everything you search will be included which is misleading. If you need criminal report that will be extra charge from 25 to 70 dollars, depended on which court you select. BEWARE, if that is what you need. The website will be useless for you, all information they provided you can find out on Google. Search nothing else.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I signed up for the dollar free trial on a Thursday and have been trying since then to cancel the account but the number that they have for support is useless. Can't log into my account on their webpage and the email for support is invalid. I will be looking into file a complaint if I can't get them to cancel my account before I start getting charged. For me it's been a total rip-off experience.

Hi Larry,

We show you sent an email requesting to cancel your account on 9/16/18, we show that cancellation was processed within 10 minutes. Could you confirm if you received that confirmation?

Also what was the number you were using to contact us?

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I had found a criminal history through a the justice department but was looking for more, checked for best background check on a search engine and this waste of time's ad came out on top. Obviously it was them gaming the search engine, I got nothing valuable and what I already had from the court records didn't show up but there were "locked" areas that I could open for more money. Total ripoff. I canceled immediately and want my money back.

Hi Daniel,

The Criminal Records section of the background report may include criminal records from county courts, department of corrections, Administration of the Courts, and other state legal agencies. The types of offenses can include felonies, misdemeanors, and even traffic incidents in some cases. Positive or false matches in criminal searches may not provide confirmation of an individual's criminal background. It is important to use caution whenever reviewing this kind of information.

While we put every effort into making our data as accurate as possible, we are dependent upon the criminal data made digitally available to us by the courts. There are some counties that make more criminal data digitally available to us than others (some include cases that date farther back, some counties provide arrests while others may only provide felony convictions), and there are still some counties that do not yet make their criminal data digitally available to us.

Please also know that we are constantly working to expand and improve our database, to provide you with the most current, accurate information we can. By activating the Monitoring feature on the report, you will be notified as soon as we receive any new information in this report, including a new criminal record.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $22.86. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Such a bunch of BS! Every time I put in a phone number they had nothing...then lure you back with emails and messages saying "We have new information on said number". I want my money back for this BS service! I tried finding out info about a number that was sending me threats and they just kept leading me on. Don't waste your time or money!

Hi Tammy,

We are sorry to hear you were unable to find the information you were looking for. Please be assured your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $26.89.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Looked up the info of, not only myself but some close family and friends. Nothing useful. Basic out of date information. Absolute RIP off. This site is a total scam. The information provided about myself was false and inaccurate. Purchased a premium check, same thing. Totally waste of money. Someone please shut these guys down. It gave phone numbers that weren't mine, along with information about addresses that weren't correct either. Please, do yourself a favor and save your money. There isn't anything offered that can't be found in more detail and for free with a few minutes of looking online. Please give me my money back you crooks!!

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

Please be assured that your account was canceled and you were issued a refund of $37.72. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

BeenVerified expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $10 per month.

• Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.

• Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.

• Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs