BeenVerified

I've had this account with BeenVerified for almost or maybe over 10 years. Obviously service carriers for cell has changed. Payment (cc #s) and etc. I've always had your app and in past could even purchase single reports! I've recently lost my job so playing it safe but as soon as able to afford... I'll be signing back up. Thanks for years of great CS and never any issues!!

Hi Teresa,

I'm sorry this was your experience with BeenVerified.

Our service is built on a subscription model, and all uncanceled trials become full subscriptions if they pass the trial period. We include our toll free number and company name in the billing descriptor of each charge so that it's easy to contact us with any billing questions.

I have issued you an additional refund of all monthly charges for our service, which you should see reflected in your account within the next few business days.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I signed up for the trial period to look for information that proved fruitless despite advertised claims. I am sure I cancelled the service same day so as not to be charged. Four months later I discovered the service was not cancelled and I have been charged $25 a month for a service they verified I have not used. Now cancelled, I received a refund only for the current month, again, they can see it was only used on the day I signed up for the trial period. Very disappointed in a service and corporate strategy that is designed to take money without conscious. In an age of electronic communication, what would it cost to send an automated email near the time of the monthly charge?

Hi Cheryl,

I'm sorry to hear that this was your experience with BeenVerified. We do respect your privacy, and offer an opt out to remove your information from our site.

I have reached out directly to your email to assist you with the removal of incorrect information on our site, please check your inbox for that message. I'll be keeping an eye out for your response to assist you further!

Original review: April 21, 2017

I've been receiving a ton of phone calls from creditors looking for "Janet **" who 20 years ago was married to my husband. I investigated and found that "Been Verified" lists HER as living at MY home with MY phone number. (I've owned this home & phone # for 30 years-she has never had anything to do with either.) I called BeenVerified and told them about their WRONG information. The lady said there's nothing they can do and they get information from different sources. HELLO??? Your info is WRONG and you can't/won't FIX IT? Next time a creditor calls looking for Janet, I'll give them BeenVerified's phone number.

I tried a free trial subscription to find addresses of former classmates for our 40 year class reunion. I found some info on several people on my list but not enough to justify a long term commitment. Cancelling was quick and painless, so I probably will use the service in the future.

Hi Robert,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a person that you were looking for using BeenVerified, and I'm sorry if you ran into any inaccurate information.

BeenVerified is a collection of public record information. Our public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

As you experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

If you haven't already, we encourage you to check out the Monitoring feature, which you can activate on up to ten reports you have run. Once Monitoring is activated, you will be notified as soon as we receive any new information in that report, such as a new phone number, address or even court record.

If you ever need any assistance with your account or have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

1-888-579-5910

Original review: April 17, 2017

I've used BeenVerified twice to try to track people who were particularly hard to find online. In each case I found exactly one nugget that I didn't find elsewhere. (In one case it did enable me to find the person, in the other case it did not.) So, it's pricey, but it could make all the difference. YMMV. Most of the info was available elsewhere online. One thing: the current address, in my experience, is often wildly wrong. I looked up a bunch of people I know, and over half the time the current address was wrong, dredging up addresses they haven't used in > 5 years.

I found that the background check to be complete and the price was affordable. If I needed to do another background check, I would choose BeenVerified again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. Because we do not create the information, we cannot edit the information. Corrections occur through ongoing, systematic database updates.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

1-888-579-5910

Original review: April 4, 2017

I looked myself up, just out of curiosity, and found that there were a LOT of inaccuracies. In fact, the photo associated with the information was not even me! I have no confidence in this site, whatsoever. If they can't get my information correct then why would I trust them to give me accurate information about anyone else?

I visited their website just to check it out. I input my name in the search field. After reviewing the basic results I exited the site without purchasing a membership. The following day there were a couple unauthorized charges on one of my credit cards including a $44.58 charge from BeenVerified. I never signed up for a membership and never gave them any credit card information. How they got my credit card information, I do not know. Maybe the website was hacked.

Hi Felicia,

BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives.

Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified.

We do also offer an app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

We do offer some information for free, but because of the costs of providing easy searchable data, for more detailed reports a subscription is required.

I hope that helps to clarify. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please feel free to contact BeenVerified Customer Care at support@beenverified.com.

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: April 3, 2017

I dislike BeenVerified because it says free when you read it but when you do everything and press send that's when it say credit card type and it's only this a month free trial all that like where the free part come in at. I really thought it was a scam app at one time.

As with most all of these sites they are all a rip-off, I especially like the ones that make like they are searching for info by running a Bar across the screen and making you wait so you feel you must continue because you have invested time. I use real sites to do skip tracing and steer people away from these sites. Most of these sites are owned by the same companies.

I signed up with BeenVerified.com to use as a tool to locate former graduates from 1989-2011 to ask them to participate in my doctoral study. I was successful in finding 90% of them. The site was easy to use. It also helped me link to students on social media sites, included dates last reported for addresses, and listed some emails. The site also offered me the opportunity to search deeper with an added layer of membership. I felt like the site was useful for my purpose.

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports. BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

Because the public data we receive is frequently updated we offer a Monitoring feature, which you can activate on up to ten reports you have run. Once Monitoring is activated, you will be notified as soon as we receive any new information in that report, such as a new phone number, address or even court record.

We will include marriage and divorce records in a person's report, whenever they are available to us. There are vast differences from state to state regarding how marriage and divorce records are made publicly available for integration into our database. There are many states that do not yet make their marriage and divorce records available digitally for us to pull into our reports.

I would like to note that as per our Terms of Service, you may not use BeenVerified to conduct Employment Background Checks, Tenant Screening or FCRA Related Background Checks. BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and the information contained within our website has not been collected for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. You may not use any of our information as a factor in establishing an individual's eligibility for personal credit, insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations. You also may not use any of our data or results for other business transactions with another individual, such as leasing an apartment. Our Terms of Service is available at http://www.beenverified.com/consumer-terms-of-service.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

1-888-579-5910

Original review: March 28, 2017

I of course did searches on several people I knew intimately enough to check the information, including myself. 50 percent correct information, just the basics though, name, addresses (not close to current), etc. and all basic info I could find just using Google. When you google past marriages, employment, criminal history, etc. the ads pop up saying find it all out at BeenVerified. However, none of that is included in the monthly membership as advertised. It's all extra and no guarantee it will be in that next purchase tier either. I tried several services none were any better or more accurate which is frightening if people are using it to check for employment. In fairness there are disclaimers that say not to but you know this is much cheaper than an actual security background check.

If you are making dating, marriage or financial decisions based off this information... please don't rely only on this information. I also searched a person I have had a problem with for 7 years, and I know has at least 15 aliases. 15 of those were available on Google and not on their site, including that person's husbands and other information. Related people aren't identified by the relationship and brothers and closest relatives aren't even listed, they even have the same last name and grew up together in the same house. These sites depend on users to correct information which is really really scary because who knows the verification process if the information listed and shown to anyone is already wrong.

Others I tried sadly by purchase... Ancestry, again ads claim listed information includes... marriages and other known family data, and then none is actually listed on basic service as advertised but claims additional purchases will reveal requested info but it doesn't. Truthfinder, too many purchase tiers, very little accurate information. I thought I was purchasing the information I asked for in a month service. All I got was incorrect phone information because I had to tier up or buy more details. Checkmate was just as bad. Archives.com same problem. Been married for 27 years to same person, none available. You can use Google, Yahoo and offer social media search engines and spend at little extra time for free. There are free sites that will provide more accurate info.

Factual basis uncertain

False information on my report and they refuse to supply me with their source, no accountability, CEO's are both unreachable. No way to contact them except by mail. Looks like a scam company with a telemarketing theme base. Everyone gives you the run around. They use phony excuses for the release of inaccurate, or just plain false information. They do not verify the info. Been victimized by "Been Verified"!

I accidentally renewed my subscription to BeenVerified. Shortly after doing this, I asked to cancel. My request was replied to immediately, I was cancelled and the agent was very helpful. I was concerned that the process would be long and frustrating. Not at all. Many thanks!

I've used BeenVerified on about three occasion for jobs I wanted. This website was easy to use with clear instructions, went straight to my future employer and did so in a timely manner. I was extremely satisfied and I would definitely recommend BeenVerified to anyone in need of a fast and easy background check.

I signed up with BeenVerified for the three month unlimited plan. They put in bold print 14.86 for the 3 month unlimited plan but they charged me 44.58. They said in the fine print that it is 14.86 a month for 3 months and they charge you the full 3 months upfront. This company totally misleads people on what their prices are. SURE FOOLED ME. Don't let it happen to you.

Needed to do a couple background checks. Paid for the subscription and upgraded because I wanted court records. One of the people I searched admitted to having a criminal background and it showed nothing for him. It hasn't been more than 7 years. Latest email they had was an aol email so I know it must be old. Last city they have him in isn't his current one. It was completely useless to me. Second search didn't find anything at all. I paid for information. I got virtually none. I sent an email asking to cancel my subscription and requested a refund. Got an email back saying my subscription has been cancelled but I have yet to get my refund. They haven't contacted me regarding that at all. I sent a second email asking again. I hope they respond because I hate that I paid for nothing. Use at your own risk. It just didn't work for me.

There was a stalker who was harassing me and BeenVerified helped me with it. GOD bless you. I don't know why people complain but it was amazing as it gave me all the details of the past address, criminal record, phone number, etc. Now I feel safe.

I decided to use BeenVerified because I had lost track of a number of old friends. I hoped to find out where they lived, if they had married and/or had children. I wasn't sure I wanted to call, after so many years, but I wanted the option. I found all of them, quickly. This was the second time I used BeenVerified. The first time, a friend had sold his dog to a person who lived out of state. We heard the dog was not being well cared for and were able to find him and rescue him. We would not have been able to do this without the wealth of information provided by BeenVerified.

I've used BeenVerified twice now and each time I was provided the information I needed to find important people from my past. Your services was invaluable. Will definitely recommend to friends and family. Thank you so much.

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry that you had any trouble locating the information you were looking for. Our Court Runner service allows you to send a researcher to county courts to attempt to locate criminal records. You mentioned in an email to us that you were looking for arrest records.

This type of search will return felony and misdemeanor convictions dated within the past seven years. This will not return arrest records. Please note that our Court Runner service does not return any kind of civil cases. The searches are only run at criminal court.

We make clear the limitations of the Court Runner service before you place your order, however, I apologize if there was any confusion and hope that this has helped to clarify.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.

1-888-579-5910

Original review: March 1, 2017

I paid for the month subscription and did a background check on myself. I know I have a minor criminal record consisting of a couple of misdemeanors in two different counties. When their background came up with nothing on me I spent the money for their court runner services (19.99 per county) to get a better report. When I got the email that my results came back what did I get? NOTHING. No report for the two counties I had paid for. I know for a fact that something should have come up for both counties. Do not use this service. You are just wasting your money.

On April 18, 2016 I paid for a one time search history on a renter with a criminal record in my house who was threatening me. (I'm an 83 year old blind lady.) That was successful. Now my accountant tells me that I was continuing to be charged $22.86 a month for several months after. This was supposed to be a one time charge. Since I can't read printed material, these charges escaped my attention. Been Verified does not respond.

Hi James,

I was unable to reach you by phone just now or leave a voicemail. I have also emailed you directly. We take your concerns seriously and wish to do whatever we can to address these concerns and resolve this matter for you.

I see that you had an account with us in the past, and ran a report on your name. I see you spoke with customer service in June 2016 and we opted your name out of our search results, as you requested, and emailed you confirmation when this was completed. When a new search is run on your name, I am not seeing any results returned for you.

Please note that if you have logged back into your account, you are still seeing the report you viewed previously on your name. If you delete this report and try a new search, you will see there are no results for your name.

If you have additional concerns regarding our criminal data, I am happy to answer your questions or see what other assistance we can provide to address your concerns. Please feel free to call me directly at the number I emailed to you, or reply to my email.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Carla
888-579-5910

support@beenverified.com

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

BeenVerified failed to update its records as required by the FTC every 90 days. I had a prior wife who owned a company which she had some problems with. It was a construction company and because it was the south and she is a woman they directed the issues at me. Although there were no convictions there were several issues that were all disposed prior to any trial or anything. But the arrests still happened and were all expunged or destroyed. They are over 8 years old but BeenVerified has failed to update their records and is in violation of FTC regulations and still shows these on my background check. It has caused both my personal and business reputation to be ruined and caused me to lose my business. They failed to make the corrections even after being informed.

BeenVerified

Hi Cassandra - regarding your recent comment seeing a more recent charge, please contact us so we can provide further assistance. We do not see any charges to your account since September 2016, and we do not see any other accounts under your information. All recent transactions on 1/30/2017 and 2/8/2017 on the account have been refunds. We look forward to hearing from you so we can ensure this has been resolved.

------------------------------------------------------

Hi Cassandra,

I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble with your account. Please be assured your account is now canceled. You have been refunded for charges dating back to and including January 2016. You will not be billed again going forward. Please understand that we are unable to refund any further transactions that are dated over a year ago.

The package you signed up for was the $22.86/monthly subscription. We state on our sign up page that all of our subscriptions automatically renew until you elect to cancel, and we let you know how to contact us if you decide to cancel. We also include our toll-free customer support number in our billing descriptor so that you may contact us for assistance right away if you have questions about receiving a charge from BeenVerified. Our support is available by phone 7 days a week, and you can always email us at support@beenverified.com.

I hope we have addressed your concerns, but if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

888-579-5910

support@beenverified.com

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I just got off of the phone with BeenVerified and while they were willing to refund a portion of my charges I still feel the company acted in the wrong. I signed up for a one time use in April 2015 (or so I thought) to do a background check. Turns out I've been charged for well over a year for a plan I was not and had not used since that date. I asked why I NEVER received an email or receipt or any notification via email that I was a member or was being charged. The first woman I spoke to told me a receipt is emailed with each transaction - however I NEVER got one - she obnoxiously sent them again and magically they all appeared while we were on the phone. I find it suspect that no emails were ever sent my way in over a year. Really feel like they wanted me to forget about it and hope to not notice the charges.

Be very very careful with this company. You will sign up for things you didn't realize and they aren't exactly willing to work with you to resolve the issues. It wasn't until I conference called with my credit card company that customer service at BeenVerified was willing to budge. I was charged over $400 and they only refunded $160. Overall, this company is NOT worth it!

I rarely write reviews and have never broken down and paid for a "locator" service, but really needed to get key info on a specific person today, and decided to use yours. I was genuinely very impressed with the thoroughness, presentation, and esp. the wide range of key info provided, including pictures, which I particularly needed. I even got your App which is very smooth and streamlined. Your price was $7-12 cheaper than your competitors but worth every penny just for this one contact. I will be using it as much as possible this month to track other friends and family down, and then probably cancel the account - but you will be the first and only service I will use when I need it again in the future, as I surely will.

Overall, we are very pleased with BeenVerified. It would be GREAT if, when it is available, you note what the relationship between people is-- i.e., spouse, child, parent... I love the improvement that we can see if it is cell or landline without having to go to another screen. It would be helpful to have the same "last seen" dates on phones as well as on addresses. You seem to be a bit behind on dates of death. I am surprised, sometimes, when you have no info on some people that I KNOW are easily found on public records.

I was demonstrating to my great niece how to use your app to check out anyone that she felt was not being forthcoming or she felt was not who he said he was. After I showed her how I was curious to see how up to date your app is so I type in my middle son's name who has just recently moved and lo and behold there he was with his new address. I was scrolling through it and there was my first born daughter name who I have not seen in ten years. My eyes filled with tears and I wanted to just call her right then but I tried to calm down and prepare myself on what to say without crying. It was your wonderful app that has made me so happy and I thank you with all my heart and soul.

I wanted to check one person and got a thorough report. I thought I would only get a one time charge, but when a second charge came through a month later, I wrote to BeenVerified and they informed me they did not have a one-time charge, but they did cancel my subscription and refunded the second charge. Excellent customer service.

Wanted to contact a long lost friend in which was very successful. It took only a matter of hours to accomplish this. I found the site to be helpful in many different ways. Enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend it to friends!! Thanks!!

I am sure the brunt of your feedbacks are people bitching and wanting to complain or cancel. However, I have to tell you. Been Verified's service is very good. Their database has greatly improved. I think I have had it going on a few years now. I have professional databases that are expensive pay per search deal, and theirs is better than some of those. I know I have utilized about a dozen. Currently I use 3 including this because I find success with them.

I own a judgment business and my income has significantly gone up because of how well in tune this database is currently. I am able to better connect the dots and the social media you have on here is a HUGE difference maker. I have to give you credit where credit is due. I know a lot of people out there probably get roped into having databases like this and wanted to use it once but it's a very good database. I can't believe how cheap it is. I love your service. It's well worth what I have to pay you all.

Customer support answered all my questions and helped me decide to sign up with BeenVerified when I am ready to go. I feel very confident that this service will be beneficial for my company. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic help.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Been Verified is a people search site based in New York, NY. It aggregates public records into an easy-to-read report. According to the laws of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA), BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency. This means there a number of restrictions in the way you can use BeenVerified. Consumers are restricted from using BeenVerified for: employment screening, hiring of household workers, tenant screening, educational qualification, credit or insurance and business transactions initiated by an individual customer.

• Affordable plan options: BeenVerified is one of the most affordable People Search services available. The company offers plans starting at $10 per month.
  • Instant result reports: BeenVerified offers several services that can offer results to customers within a few seconds.
  • Seven-day customer service: BeenVerified offers customer support representatives every day of the week to assist customers who need help.
  • Clear guidelines: The rules regarding running background checks can be complicated and fuzzy, but BeenVerified offers clear guidelines, illustrated with cartoons, about what the site can be used for and what it cannot be used for.
  • Best for parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

BeenVerified Company Profile