toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Charged for two services mistakenly/plans. Cost for services debatable value. Not much contact or help from you otherwise merely content to charge fees. Wow, can I just say your fees do not warrant an extreme satisfaction and you do not really give that much in service or care for your customers.

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your inquiry. We received your complaint at the office of the Vice President of Customer Care at Spokeo. We understand your concern, and want to ensure that you will be helped. We will be contacting you shortly through a private message in order to assist you further with this issue.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Individual lookup & reverse phone look up - Info did not match another company's results. Consequently no results were verified. It was a waste of time and money. No results were acceptable. No name was associate with the report. Was it a cellphone or a landline. It did not provide a physical address. Not acceptable.

Dear Howard,

Original review: March 24, 2017

In finding an email Address: Discovering the email address I am given is a "blind" cover is makes it hard to verify any information! Thanks, at least I know the sender is less than open with their info! At least I have temporarily Avoided a potential scam!! Thanks.

Dear David,

Original review: March 24, 2017

When I began using Spokeo a few years ago, it was free, and it provided information on people's relationship status. Now it charges, and no longer provides this information. This means more is being charged, but less is being delivered.

I think it is a very good application. But do not debit my account. I will be overdraft. Thank you for the free month, but at this time I don't need it as this time. I will think about using it in the future, but not at this time. I don't know how to go in and turn off auto renewal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spokeo.com?

Used briefly to track one number. Very helpful. Cancelling the month was also easy. I would recommend this to anyone. I was concerned about the month fees but I called the next day to easily cancel and was only charged for the one call. I obtained all the information I was looking for. Good service.

I wish Spokeo would allow for the use of a middle initial in the search box. It would cut down on the search time significantly. I found spokeo easy to use and extremely useful. I would certainly recommend it for anyone looking for old friends, fraternity brothers, or old shipmates etc.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't catch a recurring monthly charge of $19.95 from Spokeo on a credit card for two years! I rarely use this card and as my husband pays the bills, I had no idea about this charge. I don't know if I just didn't read the fine print in the agreement or not, but I complained to Spokeo and asked that two years of monthly payments be refunded. The company could see that I'd never accessed their services during that period and refunded the entire amount without a hassle. I was amazed at this level of customer service and have complete faith in their trustworthiness. Outstanding customer service. I won't hesitate to do business with them in the future.

I had to call and asked a lot of questions. They were very nice and took the time to help. The info was accurate without being way too personal. It really made a difference. I will recommend and use it in the future.

I had a good experience. They helped me get the information that I needed and were very courteous as well. They didn't try to sell me anything either. I would recommend them to a friend. The guy was very patient with me while looking my information up. He made sure I was satisfied before ending our conversation too.

Dear Kellie,

Original review: March 16, 2017

I wanted to find out who a phone number belonged to. I already knew the area code was from Lakeland FL. Spokeo assured me they had the name, so I paid the $1.95 and the only thing Spokeo gave me was that it was located in Lakeland FL.... Nothing else.... What rip off!

Dear Gail,

Original review: March 16, 2017

You are told you have a 7-day trial, well, I had it cancelled in Dec. and I was charged $19.95 for Jan, and Feb. I called and was told there is also a 30-day trial, WHAT? If you cancel the 7-day WHY would you want an additional 30 days? I was offered a refund of $7 and change - big whoop - I hadn't used it since Dec but was charged anyway.

Dear Lisa,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: March 10, 2017

I thought I was using a one time look up for .99... Instead I have 02/28/2017 SPOKEO.COM 8006994264 $13.95, 02/28/2017 SPOKEO.COM 8006994264 $9.85. Same for 1/28/12/28/11/28 on my visa! I'm out $81.25!!! I live on a fixed income and that's alot for me!!! I called and was told I could cancel my membership, WHICH I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR but there was nothing else the rep could do for me!!! I WILL BE WARNING ALL!!!

I was having a problem with my search. They stepped in and resolved it immediately. They were very professional and courteous in all area, I only had to speak to one representative to resolve my issue. A honest company. I would use them again and refer my family and friends to them.

My experience with this site was great. It was easy to navigate and understand, it also had lots of features that I wanted to look up on background checks, address, phone number. etcetera. The one thing that I most would like to have seen would have been a photograph, or driver's license of that sort to really identify the person that I'm looking for.

Dear Harold,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: March 6, 2017

We did not get any satisfaction from Spokeo. They took our money, but we got no information. When we got to any person's information, to be able to see anything we would have to pay again. We tried to get our money back, but haven't been successful with that either.

Dear J,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: March 2, 2017

I needed to search a troubled boy in our class to see what all he is involved in online. I searched his name AND email. It didn't even know he was alive and had an inaccurate address for his parents. Then I searched myself for kicks. It didn't know I was alive either! I have multiple social accounts through my email and am a legal resident of the U.S. I was BORN HERE! But for $13, my search produced... "0 results"! This site is unfairly charging people for what is AT BEST incomplete information. :( I even checked reviews first... :( WHY IS EVERYONE OUT TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!???

In the late 1980s, hurricanes had torn our Caribbean island to pieces. Business closed, friends left for a better life. A good friend of ours left for better places and we went to Cal. It took years to regroup and we didn't keep in touch. After retiring and moving to Thailand I thought I might try to locate my lost friend. Spokeo, from the net, sounded like it might be the answer for little cash so I gave it a try.

Within minutes I had located his brother and his ex and gave the brother a call on Skype. My friend lived just close by and was called to the phone. He couldn't believe it and all he could say was "How in the world did you find me!" It had been 1990 since we had spoken. Many thanks to Spokeo for a great service. On our next trip to the States we will be visiting our friend. Best regards to Spokeo and everyone who is searching for someone. They make it easy.

Spokeo accurately found the person I was looking for. Fast response in what was for my family, an emergency situation. When it came time to cancel the service, Spokeo's Customer Service Team were responsive, pleasant and honest. Thank you so much!

Was looking for an old friend and found him. Thanks for a 30-year-old question that was finally answered... It took me just a few minutes and I was there... Will surely use you again. I loved this site and will use again.

Well I've only use the site once since I joined and it was helpful in finding out who someone really was which I had a feeling that he was a scam and your site helped with that. I confronted the person and told him that I was going to report him to various dating sites so he could be blocked.

Dear Sara,

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I agreed to pay the charge of something like 1.90 or 1.95. That was OK. But then I got billed via my bank for the charge for one month! Of course it says you can delete it or cancel it. WHY should I have to CANCEL something I was not agreeing to. Very poor customer service.

It was simple to fill in the basic information and I got results in a short period of time. I received a usable address and possible alternatives. It was a relief to find out my long lost friend was still alive. I would recommend this service to all my friends. It is reasonably priced and one cancel anytime that they may feel they no longer need this service.

I did not utilize the service fully but my experience with customer service in getting some information clarified was very positive. I am not technically in your service area which is the reason I chose to cancel my account. At this point therefore, I should say I am unsubscribed.

The service allowed me to update several addresses in our database. Easy to use and helpful. There were still several we could not find so the service isn't perfect, but it is very helpful. I recommend it. Worth the investment entirely.

I needed important information, and my experience with your company was a success. The person was very professional and knowledgeable. The directions of the activation was very easy and I was able to find exactly what I needed at the time. I will use it again when I need it. Thank you.

Dear Marcia,

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

The issue I have with the service is I asked for a cancellation of service 4-5 months ago. I have called twice and was told it would be cancelled and it still hasn't. Up until now it was great, but now I can't get it cancelled AND HAVE CONTINUED TO BE BILLED FOR IT.

Dear Carl,

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Locating my first person was good but after that it asked for more money and I thought it was a month of trial or maybe I was just confused. Anyway thanks. Maybe some day I will go for a month at full cost.

Dear James,

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Site was easy to use. However, site is very misleading. I thought that I was enrolling for one search for $.99 and ended up with a charge of not only the $.99 but an additional charge of $19.95, I assume monthly.

Dear Kellie,

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

When I searched myself on Spokeo by address, the info listed was completely inaccurate!! Although the site does state that accuracy is not guaranteed, Spokeo listed a deceased person living at my address, a person who was a previous resident currently living there, and listed my name 3 times!! I rent this property, and I am the only one living there... I have been so far unsuccessful in removing the inaccurate info from my address listing, even though I followed all directions... Don't know what to do about it.

Spokeo.com Company Profile