toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I signed up for 1 use and was charge for the monthly fee. Called the office and it was quickly fixed in a fast and courteous manner.

Great customer service backup, plus 70% accurate updated info offerings. You GO Spokeo!!!

I felt like the receptionist was very professional and seemed to care about my situation. If I need your services again I will come back only because of the care I received on the phone call from your company representative.

Dear Konstantinos,

Thank you for your inquiry. We received your complaint at the office of the Vice President of Customer Care at Spokeo. We understand your concern, and want to ensure that you will be helped. We will be contacting you shortly through a private message in order to assist you further with this issue.

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I got charged 9.95 for no information. They will not refund even when they have no information. Do no use them.

Dear Erin,

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I find I often can't get the name I am writing. You sometimes merge name & city, I have to start again. This actually takes from my names I have access to monthly. More accurate info would be nice. But generally you are quite helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spokeo.com?

I like the comprehensiveness of the search engine. I would like most greatly to have been able to purchase the 6 month membership for $4.95 per month. Thanks for great customer service, too.

Dear Sara,

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I try to look up a phone number and when I enter the information your system ask me for payment saying the information was found. When I didn't get I call customer service and she was rude and at the end when I ask for a refund, she hang up on me. I was force to call my credit card and dispute the payment.

FYI it's not the $1.95 charge that bother me as much as her response and rudeness, and the fact that I was ask to pay for nothing. If the information is not available the system should not ask customer to pay first.

Dear R H,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I signed up for the free trial and after searching the names I wanted I realized that I found more in my own searches. But what was really annoying was that they make it sound like you get everything with the free trial - you don't!! You have to pay for even reverse email searches. What a waste of money, not a lot of money but still! Highly disappointed.

Excellent. Very helpful.

Dear Carol,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

I paid $1.95 for a ONE-TIME search and got tricked into signing up for a monthly service at $19.95. I'm not as diligent as I should be at checking my credit card statements, and have over $100 worth of monthly charges for a service I didn't intentionally sign up for and NEVER USED. Called customer service and was able to cancel, but wouldn't refund any of the monthly service fees even though they could SEE I didn't use it. Very shady, in my opinion.

Above and beyond service rep. Pleasant, knowledgeable and caring.

About 2 years ago I did a one time search for what I believe was $00.95. I failed to read the fine print which stated I would be charged a monthly fee after a three-month trial period. Well the three month trial period came and went. When Spokeo did not hear from me to cancel my account. They assumed I was continuing on. About a year and a half went by and I finally checked my bank statements to find this re-occurring charge for $17.90. I called them immediately! I was loaded for bear! They were more than easy to work with. They apologized for the mistake, and refunded my money promptly (like the next day) they gave me a 3-month subscription to their website free!

After consulting my attorney on the matter, I was told that I was lucky to be getting anything refunded. As the fault was mine. I would DEFINITELY recommend this service. If this is how they operate. I'd say you are in good hands! I'll let yah know after using my 3 month trial... Thank you Spokeo! A very satisfied customer.

Dear Jay,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Spokeo is a good website in a sense for finding out some basic information about people if you have an email address or a phone number. Personally I don't think this type of thing "should" exist because... well, stalkers. And it is technically stalking. But anyway, I go on this site from time to time to look people up if I have doubts about them or when I wonder if they are who they say they are. Anyways, I signed up for their "trial offer" and I thought it was for 30 days. Turns out it was for 7 days and they charged us after that 7 days was up. But I am about 90% sure it said 30 day trial. Now when I go back on the site looking for the same "deal" it's all changed around and different.

I feel like I just got robbed and this company is shady. The original price was $.95 for the first month, or so. I am pretty positive I read. But the company said it was only for 7 days. Could be a mistake I made, but now I can't even go back to double check if I was wrong or not because that same "deal" is not up. Like a bait and switch really. Oh well. There goes $20. I just wanted to look up one person. Also it says "If you are dissatisfied with our product, please contact our Customer Care team". I did and they were not helpful. How can they prove it was only 7 days? It's just bogus. But anyway, life happens. Probably won't use this company ever again.

I had been unhappy with Spokeo, not with the service but with a billing issue. It had been my intention to discontinue any future use of Spokeo, but Kelly's professionalism and understanding were much appreciated and she took steps to go above and beyond in ensuring that not only were my expectations met, but they were exceeded. I appreciate it very much and am now contemplating who to look up next!

My brother died suddenly while in Florida. I live in L A. I had to reach his ex wife and son, and I did not know her current last (remarried) name. I knew her maiden name and found her brother through Spokeo, and everything worked out. I used the $1, one month trial. This was all I needed, and cancellation of my subscription on spokeo online was easy. Thanks, spokeo.

Dear John,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Signed up for the one time use $0.95 search with the advertised 7-day free trial and 1-month court search which was very boldly and deliberately advertised as only $2.95 a month in good faith that these would be the actual prices. Both of these subscriptions have hidden fees as high as $20 each conveniently hidden away from the advertised price point. I cannot name one other online service that would hide away additional fees so deliberately. I'm disappointed to say the least. Buyer Beware.

Dear Lynn,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

Didn't provide email address or divorce records, got more information from Google.

I was hesitant to use Spokeo to begin with, but after having a lady give out my phone number for the past 4 months, I was desperate to contact her. I decided to pay the $0.95 for a phone record. As I was giving my information, an ad popped up for a membership. I declined it. Thinking that I had already declined a membership, I never have it a second thought. Now a week later, I've been charged an additional $19.95 for a membership. I emailed them, they won't refund it. On top of having to deal with this lady giving out my number, I am now out $20+. Highly frustrated. Thank you for making this nightmare worse. I don't recommend anyone using this service.

"Augustine" was very helpful in helping me navigate the website for information and answering all questions I had.

I am very impressed by Spokeo's customer service. Kim (customer service rep) listened to my concerns, and swiftly resolved my issue. She was friendly, professional and spoke perfect English. She also offered me free access to other services. I am extremely satisfied with Spokeo.

Very generous comp to offset earlier misunderstanding.

I was not satisfied with my results, however, Spokeo representative correct the problem and offer a customer service win for Spokeo. Excellent customer service.

Company was pleasant to deal with.

I was satisfied. I have no complaints.

I only wanted a one-time search and inadvertently signed up for a monthly service. I received very a professional, polite and satisfactory conclusion when I called to cancel. Thank you.

Customer service was fast and easy as 1-2-3! But then dislike the public information available out there for ANYONE to see! A lot of times the person is shown at an address where they never lived at, incorrect address. Why is that?

Hell yes. It help me catch my lady messing up very fast. She couldn't say nothing. I will tell everyone that having problem at home that you will give them the hook-up. Thank You very much. I'll went own with my life and she's catching hell again. Thank you all.

Dear Eugene,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

It has been almost 2 weeks since calling about this and still can't get access to what I purchased yet I can get what I didn't purchase.

I used your trial to find a person. However it did not find who I was looking for but I found that even if it didn't, it gave me a look into how I might be able to use it in the future. You have very caring personnel and I found that to be a BIG PLUS.

I found the site easy to use and it was accurate with names and addresses (although many addresses were listed for same time period). Not satisfied with phone #s or emails as almost everyone that I checked was many years old and no longer in service thus not allowing the reason for the search which was to get in contact with old friends. So it was ok but not worth the money as information is very old.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Spokeo is a company that was founded in 2006. The brainchild of a group of graduates of Stanford, the company is now based in Old Town Pasadena.

• Commitment to reuniting people: The site touts its commitment to reuniting people who have lost track of one another, and there are many success stories from people who have used the site to find someone they haven't seen in a long time.
  • Easy-to-understand reports: The company provides clean, minimal results reports, which are easy to read and understand.
  • Various payment plan options: Spokeo offers many different payment plan options, allowing customers to pay only for the services they need and use.
  • All public data: Spokeo is dependable, ethical, and trustworthy, and it only uses information from public sources and anything on social media that has not been designated as private.
  • Growing: Spokeo is regularly growing and expanding, attracting new clients and hiring new employees - a strong indication of Spokeo's success.
  • Best for Those who want to check the background of someone in their life and those using online dating sites.

Spokeo.com Company Profile