toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I found it to be a great service but unfortunately not what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs to find a person that they have been looking for and could not find them or if you need help looking for someone who may have gotten caught up in a criminal aspect.

Always easy to find the info I want. As long as I have an email, or phone number, I can always look up and learn about someone. Often times, if I am investing, or dating, I want to know if the person has a criminal record, or dating is the guy married? Especially if he is on a dating site.

I have REALLY enjoyed being a member. I wish that there was a way that Spokeo could show the text messages from the person that you were monitoring to make sure that NO TEXTS were going or coming to your spouse. That would really help people with checking on their spouse or partner in LIFE, in cases of cheating spouses. Also send the TEXT that were sent to the person searching for the TRUST. I GIVE YOUR SITE RATING OF 10 PLUS.

Spokeo helped me find who I was looking for. They are very accurate. Loved finding the person I was looking for. I will definitely use their services again. The only thing I wish they had were photos of the people you are searching. Will recommend them to all my friends and relatives.

The service was great. I was able to derive enough information to run from a relationship that could have been costly. Trusted vendor. They provide a good service. I would highly recommend to others to use and I would be a repeat customer. Try them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spokeo.com?

Even though you could not find the information (Name and Location of a Phone Number) I requested, I was very well pleased with the fast response time. I would definitely use Spokeo.com again. I would also recommend this website to anyone requiring information. Thanks for your help!

Very easy to use, handy. Found a man was looking for my phone number, e-mail, home address, some (s), and even marital status?? And even locate your home address and the location on the map and also family history.

Dear Rudolf,

Thank you for your inquiry. We received your complaint at the office of the Vice President of Customer Care at Spokeo. We understand your concern, and want to ensure that you will be helped. We will be contacting you shortly through a private message in order to assist you further with this issue.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

It was very satisfying to obtain the address I was looking for with little hassle. However, I remember having to make very sure that I do NOT get subscribed to a service I do not want. I realized I was dealing with crooks.

Love the search engine. It is simple to use and lets you choose the information you want to get back without giving too much data. Has been great to find new addresses when I have returned mail. My only complaint would be that it was not pointed out when I enrolled that there is a 25 name search limit.

Dear Lynn,

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Just got a free time on site. Well I wasn't aware when viewing each person (really same 1), over & over that I was being counted as hitting or exceeding an amt that I had no longer time on unless I joined. I think over 20, I couldn't go any further. A little steep on the reports.

Dear Nicole,

Spokeo Customer Care0

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I paid for a Spokeo membership to look up numbers and/or names and unfortunately am not getting what I have paid for. Most of the numbers I have looked up give me no information. And sadly, I have used google and received better information - and Google is free. As for the names, I have frequently received incorrect information. I searched a few people I know, just to see if the information given would be accurate and some of the searches were either inaccurate or very outdated. Definitely not getting what I paid for. Very disappointed.

Dear James,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

At first, very please with their service. I paid about $40 every 6 months and happy. All of a sudden, I was billed into their costly enterprise service for businesses. I am retired and don't nor ever have had a business. In attempts to sort this out, the representative said I would have to pay the additional amount and when expires, would go back to regular fee. And yet, it was NOT cancelled and at the end of the 6 month period, I was billed once again for the high business rate. I didn't know how to fight this and in order to maintain my $40 service, I decided to pay the much higher amount. I estimated Spokeo charged me roughly about $1,000. A complaint official can see all this documented in my account.

Dear Annette,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I vaguely remember visiting Spokeo.com to have a one-time phone number search done. It cost $1.95. Subsequently, since April 2016 my credit card has been charged 19.95/month from this company without my knowledge or consent. If there was small print somewhere that I missed, it was done in a very unethical and not upfront manner. I do not have any use for a monthly subscription to a search company and would never have knowingly agreed to pay for one. I have paid $200.00 to them for NOTHING. I have never used them again. This is infuriating to me. I have reported their charges as fraudulent to my credit card company.

What a terrible way to do business! From reading other reviews, it seems like they offer a valuable service to some who may need searches. I am not one of those people. Why do they have to be so sneaky and unethical? They need to refund my money or I will be writing reviews to inform the public of their scam on every online forum I can find. Shameful!!

I am happy with my search results through Spokeo. I have used the service to find missing classmates for my High School class and it has been very helpful. I also had a billing situation and Spokeo Customer Service was quick to resolve it.

Dear KC,

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I tried the 7 day trial for 95 cents and canceled the trial within the trial period. Received the email cancellation confirmation. I noticed the following 2 months they started telling billing me $9.85. I called today to find out why and I heard a lame excuse that they forgot to cancel the connection fee! No other explanation was provided; my take is they are scammers and trying to see if their billing is overlooked! I was told I will get my credit of $19.70 back within 30 days... Can't wait to confirm the credit!

Dear Jeff,

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

The most important thing you guys could focus on improving is cell phone numbers. I searched many people including myself and the info you provide is 10-15 years old!! The only thing you provide that is current is a current address, other than that everything else is obsolete. Many of the records are incorrect names when searching phone numbers, which tells me the phone records are very outdated! This is the #1 thing people are searching for current cell phone numbers and reverse number lookup!

My experience was totally positive with respect to Spokeo, and any disappointment was attributable solely to individuals whose phone/address had changed. I believe SPOKEO probably has the widest possible range/coverage of names available to the public.

Dear Brenda,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I have used Spokeo for many years and have always been happy with them. Recently I re-opened my account. Now I can't access it. They haven't refunded my money so I can open a New Account with them, which I desire. I AM NOT happy with them right now. Please call me at either number and HELP ME, Spokeo.

When I joined Spokeo.com, I was into genealogy. The availability of name and/or address search was wonderful. And the maps provided a look at locations that I could explore. The price was high but info useful. Then I got billed for court subscription, then name subscription, etc. Not worth the money...

I used this service while I was online dating to check the backgrounds to men that I chatted with and got their info. Since we live in a time of unsurety even on dating sites you have to be careful.

My customer service experience was wonderful. The lady the took care of me did a great job. I wasn't on hold for too long, and she listen to me and genuinely cared about the reason for my call. It was a billing issue that she resolved right away.

I have only used your services about 4 times as a small business owner. You have helped me to collect one account. My observation is that you do not give all the info on the suspect all at once and one has to dig a bit too much. Your system is efficient. Check back in about 5 years.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Dear Steph,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I got the 1 time look up and don't want it charged on my credit card. The information couldn't have been more wrong. It wasn't even the right country, everything was wrong. I basically wanted to see if it could tell me the person's location if they moved the next town over. Even if it just gave me the name I wouldn't be writing a bad review but I know for a fact that all the information was wrong, nothing was right and I don't want to pay a penny for this service. I ended up getting enough of what I wanted for free.

In September 2016 I visited Spokeo.com and purchased what appeared to be a one-time phone number search for $1.95, but it turns out I was unwittingly wrangled into purchasing a monthly subscription. My bank account was debited at a rate of $19.95 for the months of October, November, December, and January.

Last week, I contacted their customer service to cancel this service and to request a refund. I will pay for a service if I willingly sign up for it. However, a check mark hidden somewhere on the sign up page is not consent as far as I am concerned. So 24 hours after sending an email to customer service I received a response stating that a refund for one month of service had been approved. And today I received a follow-up email stating that a refund will be issued in the amount of $9.98. Avoid this company!

Dear Tracy,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I just went through my bank account information and found that Spokeo.com has been double charging me for months without my knowledge. I used their service one time and have not used it since. I contacted them and have not heard back from them yet.

Factual basis uncertain

Dear Rebecca,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I was looking for info on a possible scammer. Spokeo was able to locate the person through the email I provided for them, they claim to have 55 Photos and Videos through their search engine, but in order to obtain more information, I need to buy a prepaid bundle of 6 months service for $35.00. Well, there was only one phone number (that I already have) and one photo that was shown on the first search. So, basically, I got nothing for my money. When I contacted Spokeo for money back, their excuse is this is a prepaid bundle, and their policy is that prepaid deals are not refundable, but they offer to find more info for this person if I can tell them where he lives. I offer the person's date of birth, and his driver's license (if this would help). The response I got from them is Spokeo is closed down till the 3rd for maintenance. I, therefore, just resent my info, so I have yet to hear from them. They really have nothing to offer for the money. Do not use them.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Dear Rosane,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I try to find some people in internet, I did with Spokeo, then I did a research. They said: find 60 people with this email. Need to be associate to have full date. I did. But when I make the research again they said: NO PEOPLE find. I think this is not fair. Because if they said no people find I will no be associate and pay.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Dear Lea,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I purchased the $1.95 plan just to locate a phone and it said the location of the phone was Bronx, NY which is incorrect, that was the area code of the phone number which I already knew but the actual location was PA. I found no advantage to this app. It was a waste of risking my card info.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Dear Rebecca,

Spokeo Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I initially signed up for the free trial but DID NOT COMPLETE THE PAYMENT PROCESS, as I'm from outside the US and they won't let you view the results of your searches if you're international. However the company STILL KEPT ON CHARGING ME and it has continued to do so for the last two months. I've lost a combined total of £51.56 ($63 USD). While they cancelled the recurring payment they fobbed me off refunding me with the excuse "the payment has already been processed". No. I did not manage to get the searches I wanted. I was charged for a service I did not use. They didn't try to refund me. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, THEY ARE COMPLETE SCAMMERS.

Apparently I signed up for Spokeo but didn't realize I was being charged a monthly fee for the last two years. When I explained to your customer service department what had happened, they were kind enough to reimburse me for the time I didn't use the service and I had been charged. Thank you for the reimbursement.

Spokeo.com Company Profile