2.27/5

Need a background check company?

MyLife

Need a background check company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

MyLife Reviews

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I signed up and nothing changed on my profile and my rating dropped from 3 out of 5 to 1 out of 5! Also, thought I cancelled service. Apparently I didn't. They didn't allow me to cancel or even get a prorated cancellation cost back! This place is terrible!!! Seriously they are defaming people to get more money.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have gotten emails from MyLife.com sent to my current email address, listing my current town of residence & current age (although the actual birth date was incorrect by month, day & year.) How am I sure this company is a scam? Because I was adopted in 1951 & this email (although sent to my current email address) was using my original BIRTH NAME (NOT my ADOPTIVE name) which has been my legal name since I was an infant! My adoption records were SEALED by the State of CT nearly 70 years ago! How did this scam website obtain my sealed adoption records?

Obviously there is something very weird & strange going on here. There should legally be NO RECORD of anyone by my birth name. How did they obtain my current email & home addresses? I am contacting a lawyer to see if I can sue this company's founder/owner since he is obviously involved in some sort of illegal activity. For me, this website is more than an issue of scam but rather an illegal invasion of privacy. My sealed court records were breached.l

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Originally I just assumed that I needed to provide more information about myself to improve the dismal score this site gave me but boy was I wrong. Despite have over 100 positive reviews online on multiple sites I'm still a scumbag on Mylife.com. I own multiple business with great reviews, have an exceptional FICO score, clean history but according to Mylife you should cross the street if you see me walking towards you. Completely bogus website, useless and you cannot trust anything on this site. My guess is the real bad guys score high on this site.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

This is a site that feeds on social anxiety by using fish tales. They strategically bloat information to generate a personal score that is false and inaccurate. Paints you as a criminal if you have received a driving violation or parking ticket. I was baited into signing up after seeing my score was not too bad but had me concerned. Once I signed-up my rating plummeted and then I finally realised it is ultimately a scam that feeds on your fear. Don't fall victim to their unethical methods of drawing you in and taking your money. Should be considered defamation and those falsely represented should be compensated.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I made the mistake of signing up for their trial membership. The information on their site is not accurate so even after I disabled their auto renewal they went ahead and charged my account. I did reach out to them the day of the charge to have it reversed and they would not do it. I have disputed this charge and will continue to warn others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

This company deserves zero stars. Not only is the information totally incorrect, you have no way to correct what they are saying about you. They have created a platform for anyone to access your personal information. Do not waste the dollar!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

DO NOT FALL FOR IT PEOPLE! This site is complete crap! Fraudulent and fabricated information about myself and other people I know that they have in their database. It says I have arrest records but yet I've never been arrested or had anything more than a traffic ticket. Even the names of relatives were all inaccurate with the exception of one person. I don't have a middle name but it says my middle name begins with "J". I've called them numerous times to have the info removed to no avail. Every single time they say the same thing, "We've removed your information. It will no longer appear when people search your name." which is B.S. because here we are 5 months later and it's still showing! This site is such a joke! Don't waste your time or money!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

After reading other reviews it is obvious that MyLife is a complete fraud. I didn't pay for their minimal service for that reason but I know they put out fake information to get people to give them money because they claim to have my arrest records when in fact I have never been arrested for anything. I can only imagine the pain they have caused with their fraud and the slimeball people responsible for it. The government should go after these people, make them repay every penny they cheated people out of, and lock them up.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

This company is very unprofessional. My card was lost and next thing I know I am being charged for some company I've never heard of. I have been waiting for a refund for 5 months. They have no mangers to help with the situation. Everyone there has a different response every time I called. No one is on the same page. It's like their giving me the runaround. From what I hear this company is a major fraud.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

My understanding when I decided to take them up on their $1 trial offer was I would be able to try out everything their subscription had to offer. The first person I checked was myself so I could see the details of what they had summarized prior to pay for the trial offer. Well that was a bunch of crap. Every category I tried to get details about what they were reporting on me was unavailable. It could only be accessed after you subscribed to the one year subscription which on my case was $59.95. After I tried a couple checks on friends and got the same result, the info you are requesting is available after paying for a one year subscription. At that point I called to cancel. I did not want them to charge me for something I had no use for.

On 8/28/2019 I started the trial offer. On or around 9/5/2019 I called to cancel. This call took between 40 - 45 minutes. Half the time I spent spelling my name and the other half and the other was spent with them trying to find my account in their records. After the girl spoke to her supervisor it was concluded I would not be charged for a full subscription since they couldn't find any records. I wanted to be sure I understood correctly that I would not be charged. Once again I was assured I would not be charged.

A couple of weeks went by and no charges. I assumed all was good. WRONG. They told me they couldn't find an account on me. The accounting department didn't have any trouble. They charged my bank VISA $59.95. Good thing I had enough in the account to cover the charge. I got right on the phone to find out exactly what was going on. Just like the first girl I spoke with, I have my information and explained why I was calling, over and over...and over. This time same as last time the girl could not find any information on me. This time I spent over an hour on the phone. Once again a supervisor have to get involved. To sum up the outcome of this call I would receive a refund for $59.95 but it usually takes anywhere from 3 - 15 days.

With all this fraud going on these days I check my account at least once a day. I checked yesterday 11/6/2019 and almost went thru the roof. Instead of refunding me $59.95, they charged me for the second time. This time I didn't have enough in my account to cover it. My bank paid it and charged me an O/D fee of $35.00. The girl I got, I swear was the same one I got the last time. This time I did keep my cool, but I just about reached my limit. This time I was transferred to a supervisor. Once again they both tried to tell me they couldn't find record of my account. I think they were going I would give up. Not a chance. It took over an hour but the results of this call were they would refund both charged of $59.95 each, but I would have to try to have my bank reverse the $35 fee. Even though I thought they should have to pay the O/D fee not the bank. I ended up having the bank reverse the charge.

This morning I pull up my bank account and there was $59.95 returned to my account. I never get a balance of my account from an ATM, but I have a charge of $2.50 for a third party balance inquiry. I don't know about you but I never heard of a 3rd party inquiry of my account. I got on the phone once again. It was decided I would get both charged reversed but seeing only one I had to call and find out where my other credit was.

FYI the girl I got today was able to understand me and I, her. I had been given an incident report number on my previous call, making this call a bit easier. The girl confirmed the fact I should have been credited another $59.95. She assured me I would have the money refunded in 5 to 7 days. Let's hope I finally get the remainder of my money back. I will do an update if I don't. Unless you want to run into the same situation and don't mind spending your valuable time playing games, then I suggest you think twice before you have any dealings with "MY LIFE".

MyLife Company Information