2.56/5

Need a background check company?

MyLife

Need a background check company?

1089 MyLife Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I received a letter from MyLife Alerts saying immediate action recommended. Then had Member activity risk status. First off, I don't know who these people are, secondly, they don't have a middle name listed and the age on the piece of mail shows me as being older than I am, and thirdly, they say in the letter that I have 1+ criminal and arrest records. This one is a load of B.S. because I have never been arrested and only times I've been in court is either as someones witness or fighting a bogus minor traffic violation. I don't know who these people think they are, but they may want to close down before I find the information I need about them and file a major lawsuit against them for putting false information about me on the Internet and trying to get me to log onto their website to review and a possibility to remove this information just so they could get all my personal information.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I accidentally found this site and of course searched my name. Found they had me associated with people I don’t even know. Turns out they are just using my address and posting my neighbors as my friends when I don’t even know any of them! 10 minutes later I get back that website to show a family member and lo and behold all of sudden they know the names of my immediate family members and have listed them in place of the neighbors' names they had listed just 10 minutes prior!?!? Now YOU tell me HOW they did that! This is deception AT AN ALL TIME HIGH! Wait until you can’t do something like get a job because of what they have posted there UNVERIFIED except by AI I’m sure!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

How does MyLife.com have the gall to state lies, and then wants to charge cost to remove the false information? I am going to report MyLife.com. MyLife.com gets no stars experience. MyLife.com is wasted space.

Original review: July 31, 2019

OMG awful site!!! All lies, very hurtful. They just bash the person. This site cost people jobs.. they need to be stopped. My reputation score was like 1.30. Very low down greedy site. Where are any of my accomplishments in life. They trashed me and made me out to be a criminal. I want to know how they get their info. They just make stuff up. I hope no one believes the crap they write. Signed Horrified in Memphis.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I paid the dollar and realized it had limited searches and cancelled several days prior to the seven day free trial. Even though I cancelled online, they charged me $14.95 to auto renew. I called to ask why and to have them refund the charge and I kept getting asked more private information to verify my account and was told there was no record of me cancelling. I became pushy and eventually got my refund. Watch your bank account and make sure they don't keep charging you. Many people were attached to my name that do not associate with me and are not part of my life. This website is dangerous and anyone can find where you live. That is unsafe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: July 31, 2019

This is a terrible company. I would love to join a class action lawsuit against them. They provide false information. It is a scam to get money from people. Do not give them your money. I wish our government would do their job and protect us from companies like this. Totally a scam.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Do not send them money. They only allow minor edits. The site is not accurate and many pages are not available. Useless to join. Mostly a con. When trying to edit, they usually say "page not available". Useless to join.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Thank God I did not "join" this "service." 1.) They assert I have a "criminal" history - wrong. 2.) They associate me with people of who I have no relation. 3) When I first checked my name on the site, it indicated my "reputation score" to be 3.85. However, when I went back a second time, after refusing to join, my "score" was then 1.85. Clearly this was an attempt at manipulating / intimidating me to join, so as to correct my poor "score." My only mistake was providing them my e-mail - and, from what I have read here, I will not be able to unsubscribe.

Original review: July 28, 2019

This website uses your neighbors information and that of family members (no matter how distant the ties) to rate your "reputation." Doesn't allow you to remove this information. Also, I found that the website notes that I have a criminal offense. Bogus! When I signed up, I did so for $1.00 for seven days. I cancelled after a couple of days.

Original review: July 28, 2019

30 dollars and a month later I realize they are still charging my account event though I called them and cancelled it. Even charging me the month after I canceled it. I would be extremely okay to pay 1 dollar or even 30 dollars to do some internet snooping IF THE SITE EVEN WORKED. But it doesn't, pages don't even load when you click them and just refresh the page. All in all super disappointed with my experience with MyLife.com.

MyLife Company Information