2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

MyLife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyLife?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

In October, I wanted to check my background report. I signed up for the $1 three day trial, then canceled the auto renewal the next day. A couple of weeks later, I noticed a charge on my bank statement for $18.95. I thought maybe I made a mistake and didn’t cancel correctly so I thought to myself, oh well, no big deal. Now it’s November, and I had another charge of $18.95. Keep in mind, if you upgrade to premium, it’s only $8.95 per month for 12 months. So why have I been charged almost $40 and haven’t been able to view ANY information about myself!?

When I attempt to view my detailed report, it wants me to sign up for a premium account. So I called customer service and the woman I spoke with would not listen! She kept cutting me off and reading from whatever script was in front of her. I was informed if I want to view my profile, she would charge my account $50. Obviously I told her no since I have already been charged almost $40. She stated those charges were so I could search other people’s reports. I don’t want to search other people, I want to view MY information. Do not sign up for this scam. This company needs to be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

MyLife.com is a illegitimate company spreading lies. You must pay to delete what is supposed to be your true information. I'm surprised this company is still up and running considering there was a class action lawsuit started back in 2011. Do not believe any information you read on the website. I rate this company zero but Consumer Affairs has forced me to click on a star.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I have never had anything to do with www.mylife.com but yet someone brought this website to my attention and the information on this public forum contains a lot of misinformation. I have never gave this company any permission nor consent or shared any of my information with this crap company. They really need a class action lawsuit or personal lawsuit against them for my reputation with false bull crap they are putting out to the public.!!! And saying I've used other names and listing people I dont even know who the hell is this company.??? Also have no idea why I have to rate "mylife" with any star they are dont even deserve any star! A rating of -00 is far too good for this company or so called business the Company must be just about money greed on selling misinformation!! Wonder how many people have had monetary loss because of this company's horse crap??

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Got an email from MyLife telling me I have a negative mark on my reputation score. I assume this is because I just got a speeding ticket in Sept. Here is the deception...If someone looks you up, several categories are listed and under each, it says you do or "may" have records. Among those are criminal/court records. Mine said I have records I have neither, ever in my 59 years of life! Bankruptcies...says I may have records. NOPE!! No bankruptcy ever, or liens filed against me ever. I have a hunch this is about a 25$ medical bill that was not forwarded to my home after an address change from a temp apt I lived in for home renovation. It went to collection, and I paid it as soon as I knew it existed.

I am a professional, who pays my bills, excess in my profession an an RN, and does community outreach. This website is horrible. There is a long disclaimer that states the hoops you have to jump through to keep your info from being sold. Or..you can pay them to change your info...I have a hunch no matter how much you paid, they would still portray you as a criminal because of a speeding ticket!

This site used to be CLASSMATES.com, which was part of a class action lawsuit over deceptive practices, so the owner reinvented it into MyLife. Beware folks, this site sells your information to others. If someone looks me up, and says "criminal record, OMG. Now I have to know," they pay MyLife 14.95, and get my info...only to find out that, except for a speeding ticket, I'm squeaky clean. That is the deceptive practices part of it, and how they prey on people.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I rate this online scam zero stars. I emailed the company several times about the information in my profile and that more than half the info was incorrect. I has a subscription for many months until a month ago I had enough so I canceled, so I thought. Monday I checked and not only was it still active but they charged me as well. Sent another email, went to website cancel again. A few hours later I check and I find that my reputation score is now a zero (BAD) and 19 felonies have been added! If that isn't bad enough I look around and find something very specific from my contact list that I named something off the wall along with two humans from my list. They gave my object a profile, the odds of another person with this off the wall name being in their contact list I'm sure is zero, I didn't give it to them so how did they acquire this? There is so many other issues but not enough room here to type it all. I am going to do something about this.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Signed up for the trial day pass and did my search. The same day, canceled by subscription. They charged my debit card for $45. They have said they would refund me. I will definitely be more careful in the future.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Signed up for 3 day trial on 9/16/20. Canceled THE SAME DAY within 15 mins. On 10/6/20, I went through my emails to find the receipt for the $1 charge and couldn't find the receipt, my "welcome" email one usually gets when they join any membership, nor the cancellation email. I also saw that they had renewed at $18.95 on 9/24/20. I AGAIN cancelled the auto renew and I called. Asked why I didn't receive emails, she didn't have an answer. Asked why they weren't showing my cancellation from 9/16, she had no answer. She said she was cancelling my auto-renew. When I explained I had just done it online, she said she didn't see that I'd done it.

My next logical question was "if you don't see my cancellation from today, wouldn't it make sense that you also didn't see the one from 9/16, therefore something is wrong with your website and I should be refunded?" No answer. Spoke with supervisor who also gave me the runaround, non answers, and even raised his voice with me. Basically, it's a scam. Nowhere does it say you must call to cancel as it has the "cancel" option right on the website. Beware!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

This site has emailed me that I have criminal record and it's Supposedly posted on their site. I have never had and criminal record ever. They wanted me to pay money to remove it. When I called their 1-888 number I again was told I could pay 19.99 to remove my profile then told I could pay 1 roller. I said I refuse to pay to have my personal and false information removed and finally the lady said it would be removed. I don't appreciate being told that other websites also have my name and world wide info and that if it's incorrect it's not their fault and my name is being used and if I pay for it it can be removed. I believe this to be fraud. I'm not happy and I think if they can't get their information correct they should be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I sign up for a 30 day free trial. Never found any info on the people I searched for. Then the $18/mo charges appeared on my credit card. I just finished my 3rd call to get charges stopped. Appears to be a scam.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Updated on 08/23/2020: I just got off the phone, calling Mylife to remove me from their forum. I was asked why and I explained, there are numerous mistakes on my profile and I had attempted to correct them thru the website AND calling. A year later, the information is still 20+ years out of date and remains inaccurate. Upon calling just now, the representative apologized, said they gather information from public records and I asked, then how is it that EVERY OTHER site has my information correct, WITHOUT notification?!?! After a few minutes, he said I was removed... I asked how, since I never gave my name! I then asked for a supervisor and were told none were available (typical for a scam site)! I asked WHEN they would be available and was told “in an hour”. I said “over lunch break”, there is NO ONE currently in charge?

I’m 53 and that whole conversation was an insult to my intelligence! I told him I understand how business works and he had already lied to me and I’m not about to give him my name.. I WANT TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR!!!! He then put me on hold. I made note of the time, hung up, called back and immediately asked for a supervisor. After getting the run around a second time, I was put thru to an individual who called herself “Vhie”. After her introduction, I said I was recording the call for security purposes... She became belligerent and said I could not record the call. I explained I wasn’t YET, but they were recording ME, so why could I not record THEM (unless it is a SCAM, SCAM, SCAM)!!!! I was hung up on.

Original Review: I have given this site the benefit of the doubt two separate times. The first time I was SHOCKED to see that this site has me living at an address that is over 20 years old! My ‘reputation score’ was also rated using my apartment neighbors. I own my home and so do my neighbors. I called them and gave them the updated, correct information. On a number of mistakes. I never saw the updates to my profile. I cancelled and tried again a year later. The same information persisted and I called them back. They said as long as you are PAYING for access, they will change the info, but once you cancel, they reverse all the information you have corrected. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! I am attempting to give them no stars, but if I have to give something, they don’t deserve ONE STAR, 1/2 STAR, ANYTHING! Perpetuating false information is absolutely wrong!!!!

MyLife Company Information