4.3/5 (311 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer lets you talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. The company connects customers with verified and vetted experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

JustAnswer.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: April 12, 2022

The expert who responded to my question knew exactly what I required and was able to direct me in getting the information I required regarding property. The chat was clear and concise though pleasant just the same. This is how I would want any inquiry to proceed.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I am very satisfied with the service I received. Service was great. My question was answered and a part was recommended with a link to purchase. Appliance fixed with the recommended part. Thanks. Would recommend if questions about a non-working appliance.

Resolution response: April 11, 2022

They have gone ahead and refunded the requested amount. I am satisfied with the resolution. However, I wish it had not come to a point where I had to post a review in the first place.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I signed up for a $1 fully refundable one week trial. I canceled within 7 days and am now being told I was charged $46. I never authorized a $46 charge. I asked to speak to a supervisor who basically said the one week trial doesn’t exist. But the only reason I signed up in the first place was because of the trial. I never agreed to a monthly membership. I want a full refund. Advertising for a $1 week trial and charging $46 is fraudulent. A complete bait and switch.

Hello Mandy,

Thank you for changing your rating.

We hope your Expert gave you a great answer and your question was resolved.

We strive to earn 5-stars from all of our customers, please let us know what we can do to earn 5-stars from you.

Solutions@justanswer.com

Original review: April 4, 2022

I went online to help a friend find the value of one item and Just Answer came up as a source with a $5.00 charge for the one question. I agreed to that, and I thought that was the end of it. They started charging me $60.00 per month, the total I have paid is $485. I have never asked any more questions or accessed the site. There is no way I would have agreed to pay $60.00 per for a service that I have not used and have no intention of ever using. It is disgraceful and a scam. I called the company in Feb., and they said they were going to give me 2 months credit, $120.00 and cancel "MY ACCOUNT". I have NOT received any credit and when I called again this month after receiving my cc bill there was an additional charge and no credit and the person I spoke to said NO credit of any kind. I am elderly and on a fixed income and very careful how I spend my money. I never agreed to this. CW Maine

Hello Claire,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We will reach out to our Customer Support team to make sure your account was handled properly. We have opted you out of the membership and assure you that, moving forward, you will not receive any membership charges. If you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited

If you need any assistance with your account, you can reach our Customer Care team directly by E-mail at Solutions@justanswer.com or by Phone at (800) 808-0645.

Solutions@justanswer.com

Original review: March 27, 2022
I accidentally used JustAnswer.com thinking that it was TurboTax because I was filing my taxes. And because they did a very good search engine optimization, they appeared on top when I was searching for TurboTax. So I agreed to pay $2 thinking that it was an add-on for TurboTax after answering my tax question. And I clicked accept. And then when I just randomly searched on Google, I realized that they were charging extra fee for people. I went to my credit card account and realized that they charged me $71. And I realize that they have been doing that to people a lot. So, this is a fraudulent behavior. And there were like 2,000 complaints with the Better Business Bureau. So yeah, definitely, they are scamming people. They pretend that they say that there’s membership fee for the $71 in the main page, which I didn’t see. If I had seen it, I wouldn’t have done that. I think they should refund people. They haven’t refund me yet. They don’t refund people. Yeah. So this is unfair. This is just pure scam. Thank you very much.

Hello Yacine,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer and we're very sorry for any confusion.

JustAnswer is not the official customer service platform for Turbo Tax. You likely clicked on an advertisement for JustAnswer which brought you to our site. You would have seen JustAnswer branding when you posted your question. JustAnswer is a third-party question and answer site that provides verified Experts for many different kinds of categories, such as Legal, Medical, Pets, Computers, Appliances, Automotive, etc.

We have reached out to you privately about your billing concern. I have opted you out of the membership and I assure you that moving forward you will not receive any recurring membership charges.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I was extremely pleased with this service. It takes the guesswork out of how to value furniture. I told them that I really had no idea how to value the chair I had purchased at an auction 40 years ago. They were prompt and very helpful. It's a certainty that I will use them in the future. I highly recommend them!

Original review: March 16, 2022

My doc was awesome, professional and followed up with me to ensure I was able to restart my electrolytes safely, after my question about preventing dehydration after a nasty "stomach-bug". He ensured, I had the right answers, called and text.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I paid $1 over a year ago to answer a tax question, and this has been a rip off, a nightmare. Over the last year, my credit card has been charged $600 for a service that I have not used at all. My bad for just noticing my statements and monthly $50 charges for nothing. What a bad mistake I made, and they would not give me a refund. There was no communication by email over that year--no receipts or reaching out. Please be wary.

Hello Rosemary,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. We are very upfront to new visitors when they visit our site regarding the charges and the enrollment that is associated with that charge, as well as what the subsequent membership charges will be if you choose not to cancel your Membership within the 7-day trial period. The link below will illustrate this for you:

It looks like you accepted a 7-day trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. I have opted you out of the membership.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Extremely pleased with the assistance we received from the technician in helping us solve our problem with our Jotul fireplace that would not stay ignited. The tech went through several steps with us and helped figure out the problem. Very very happy.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I needed quick answers for a bad situation and tried this. I was very surprised at how fast, professional and helpful she was. Would recommend this to everyone. The experience was more than I expected. Thank you so much for your help.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Dr. ** helped us out with our new rescue puppy. We had a long car ride and she was sick, vomiting and drooling excessively. Dr. ** answered me right away and assured us she was just car sick. Even told us what to give her for the car sickness. I really was surprised and happy with the results and she was right. She was just car sick. I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: March 15, 2022

My elderly father was against taking his dog to the vet (last visit was $1400), so I contacted JustAnswer. Dr. ** was kind and explained everything, and I felt a lot better about what we were doing for the dog. We did have to follow up with a trip to the vet, and Dr. ** had been right on with her diagnosis! Thank you!

Original review: March 15, 2022

The information was helpful and giving me information to located part on my vehicle. I think this site Great and helping people located parts on their vehicle and also troubling shooting problems with a Vehicle. I would recommend this to my family and friends.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I am 79 years old and doctor Beth was very patient and made sure I understood her diagnosis and recommendations. I will be applying for her suggestions but it will take time to see results. Finding the best food for my dog will take time. Some of the dog foods have to have a prescription from the veterinarian. I really appreciate this service. God bless you all.

Original review: March 15, 2022

All of the experts I’ve dealt with have been extremely knowledgeable and if needed they themselves, had additional people look at a piece for more detailed information. The staff is very friendly and courteous as well. I highly recommend their site and service. Money well spent. In fact their knowledge allowed me to make several hundred dollars quickly. And when you need an answer, the RIGHT ANSWER, this is the place to go! Thanks guys!

Original review: March 15, 2022

I was given several options to correct the problem and after several attempts isolated and quarantined the issues. Downloaded Malwarebytes and performed a

Scan of the entire computer. It found 14 problems. Then Malwarebytes quarantined these files so they would not be a problem in the future.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Thank you to Debra! Very professional, knowledgeable and quick to respond! It was hard to find an answer online but this website and Debra provided me with all the answers I needed. Would be sure to recommend to friends and family!

Original review: March 14, 2022

Despite three experts so far being unable to answer my complex issue, I have gained a ton of insight and valuable assistance in trying to solve my problem. Only one was fixated on paying for extra advice, but overall all good feedback and really responsive. Such a great idea for this service and a much better alternative than searching Google for hours to piece together an answer when you can have a professional just confirm or deny for you right away.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I was looking for an answer to a problem with TurboTax. When I asked my questions, I should have been told they would not have an answer instead of telling me to pay €1 to see if I could get matched with an expert and then charging me another €50. To me, the entire process and how I was charged seems to be a scam and not at all legit. It is possible that they can help with other issues but they should be upfront with what they can and cannot do. If I could, I would give them a minus 5 rating.

Hello Ziba,

Thank you for reaching out to us at JustAnswer and we're very sorry for any confusion.

Creating the perception that JustAnswer is a scam, or illegitimate is never our intention, and we offer you our very humble apologies if this is how we came across to you. For what it’s worth, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and we continue to work very hard to maintain that grade.

In reviewing your account, I see that you accepted our monthly membership offer (50 €) when you posted your question on our site. There are a few places the customer has to click in order to enroll in a membership plan. Only the customer can enroll in one of our membership plans, it's never done automatically by the site. The link below shows an example of the membership offer displayed during the posting process:

Solutions@justanswer.com

Original review: March 7, 2022

I resent the way Just Answer inserts itself into anything I ever go online to do. My bank has said they are fed up with it too. NOTHING would induce me to use Just Answer as a result of this kind of intrusive advertising. I used it accidentally once. Never again.

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We're sorry to hear that you didn't find a membership with JustAnswer worthwhile. We're wondering if you might have an add-on installed on your computer. JustAnswer offers an add-on that will insert itself in many pages as you use the internet. If you search for Firefox or Google or other browser and 'add-on' you should be able to find what add-ons you have installed on your computer.

Where do I find Chrome add ons?
Add an app or extension
Open the Chrome Web Store.
In the left column, click Apps or Extensions.
Browse or search for what you'd like to add.
When you find an app or extension you'd like to add, click Add to Chrome.

If you're adding an extension: Review the types of data that the extension will be able to access.

Where are my Firefox add-ons?

Open Firefox. In Firefox, click Tools and click Add-ons. In the Add-ons window, you can view all installed add-ons, and customize them. To visit the add-ons page, click the Get Extensions link in the bottom-right corner.

Please reach out to us at Solutions@JustAnswer.com if we can assist you further. We strive to earn 5-stars from all of our customers. What can we do to earn a higher rating from you?

Solutions@JustAnswer.com

Original review: March 2, 2022

I am very dissatisfied with your service. I was feel mislead and would like to sever any further connection with you. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and would appreciate that no further withdrawals from my account occur. Thank you for your understanding.

Christiane

Hello Christiane,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you didn't receive a great answer from one of the Experts.

The Experts on JustAnswer are verified as professionals in their fields by a third-party company and we appreciate receiving feedback on how they're doing.

If you need any assistance with your account, you can reach our Customer Care team directly by E-mail at Solutions@justanswer.com or by phone at (800) 808-0645.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I chatted with Michael ** and although it took a couple of hours to get my answer I would recommend it to everybody and the small amount of money that they asked for is telling me that they are good! Thanks again Michael!

Original review: March 2, 2022

I was trying to get a painting appraisal done and the chat lady said they needed to charge 1.00 and it was refunded as soon as my verification was made. Then they charged me 28.00 as well. SCAM. Liars. Stay away.

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Creating the perception that JustAnswer is a scam, or illegitimate is never our intention, and we offer you our very humble apologies if this is how we came across to you. We apologize for any confusion with our billing. The link below shows an example of the membership offer and fee structure displayed during the question posting process :

Original review: March 2, 2022

I had a perplexing Linux scripting issue and within minutes of seeing my issue, the rep had my problem fixed, my output perfectly aligned and I was able to learn from him in the process. This was a win-win. I'll be back!

Original review: March 1, 2022

I have used JustAnswer 5 times to get clarification on some complex tax interpretations and each time the accountant provided excellent feedback. I was impressed enough to set up a monthly fee arrangement to have them as a retainer. They will also set up a call to explain in more detail.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I was incredibly pleased that I was immediately connected with someone who could appraise my collectible and who did so within just a few moments. I was able to confirm the value and sell it to a reseller for what I hoped I'd get. Will definitely use again.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Talked to an advisor who offered the most likely reason and solution. Included a good Youtube video which showed exactly what to do. Presto! It worked. There was a follow-up email asking if I got the info I wanted and if not to send another one for help.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I had a reply/answer to my problem in a few minutes. When I was stumped going through the process my questions were answered immediately AND it worked! They even followed up the next day by texting me to make sure the printed was downloaded and I could print necessary items! Very impressive experience!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Dr ** reassured me about my dog's symptoms and was very knowledge. When I followed up today with my own vet he confirmed that Dr. ** gave accurate info to me which was affirming. I would recommend this service on weekends.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

My pet dove was sick, wouldn't eat and was withering away rapidly. With no avian vets in the area, we tried general vets and got conflicting info. Talking to an avian vet on JustAnswer got me the clear and verifiable info I needed. We were able to figure out my bird's issue and treat her with OTC medication at home. I know I'll be coming back next time my birds are ill.

JustAnswer.com Company Information