JustAnswer.com

4.3/5 (309 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com Reviews

JustAnswer lets you talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. The company connects customers with verified and vetted experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

Top JustAnswer.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

It can with all honestly say that various people were involved with my query and it was solved so quickly that I was really surprised. Because here in South Africa it was morning ...

Verified

Money well spent for phone conversation. I was given valuable info, advice and encouragement. My boy is fine now. Thank you so much. You folks are the best. I will be using your s...

What is JustAnswer?

JustAnswer partners with experts in multiple fields to answer your questions quickly. Get started with JustAnswer by creating an account on the company's website. JustAnswer offers all new customers a free seven-day trial that lets you test its website and services before committing to a membership. Once you create an account, you get 24/7 access to experts in more than 150 categories.

JustAnswer partners with verified doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, mechanics and other professionals to give you quality, one-on-one advice. JustAnswer pairs you with an expert based on the topic of your question and gives you an unlimited back-and-forth conversation until you have an answer. All of JustAnswer’s experts go through an eight-step verification process, third-party screening and training. If you’re not satisfied with your expert’s advice or want another opinion, JustAnswer gives you a free second opinion from a different expert.

JustAnswer’s average expert response time is six minutes, and the company notifies you by email or text when your question has a response. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if your question isn’t answered, its employees work with you to get an answer or give you a full refund.

What do JustAnswer members receive?

JustAnswer members have access to:

• Free questions and answers
  • 24/7 access to experts
  • Exclusive members-only app for iPhone and Android
  • Two free phone calls with experts (iOS only)
  • The Library of Experts

Because JustAnswer is a public forum, all questions are posted on the website’s dashboard and can be accessed by anyone. However, JustAnswer does allow its users to remain anonymous and guarantees the protection of user privacy.

JustAnswer categories

• Consumer electronics
  • Tax questions
  • Relationships
  • Finance

How much does JustAnswer cost?

JustAnswer charges users a $5 base price to post a question. Any additional charges you incur show up on the page where you enter your payment information. You can review your fees and payments by logging into your JustAnswer account and clicking on “Order History.”

Is JustAnswer legit?

JustAnswer is an online public forum that lets you get answers from industry experts. For a relatively small price, you’re able to get advice from people qualified in multiple fields. If you’re searching for help in any of the company's 150-plus categories, JustAnswer provides valuable resources and qualified assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My dash cluster read "No Fuse" when I started and my key fob would not unlock my doors. I called two dealerships and 2 repair shops and got the same answer, it's a electrical issue and we are 6-8 weeks out before we could look at it. I got online to Just Answer and talked to Eric a Chrysler mechanic. Within about 8 emails back and forth checking and trying different things Eric sent me a diagram of the fuse panel and high lighted 6 possible fused the IOD controlled which effect the communication of the door locks and wireless connection to my car. I found one fuse that kept blowing and it was fuse 14.

After telling Eric that he said that possibly the cluster was bad. We replaced another cluster to test and it blew the same fuse. Eric then asked for the VIN of my car and within minutes said to check the visor light over the driver's door that and the cluster was the only two functions fuse 14 had. That was the problem a exposed wire under the headliner going to the lighted mirror on the visor!! Problem solved! I really appreciate Eric and "Just Answer". If not for them I couldn't have closed the sale on that car the same evening! Thanks again, Dennis owner at "DMC AUTO". The picture shows the sale of the car 4 hours later!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Our 10 year old dog had chronic diarrhea with a significant amount of bright red blood in it (and on his fur following each session). It was a weekend so I contacted this site and emailed/texted with a vet who, after learning we did not wish to get him to the emergency vet clinic in town, recommended getting some anti-diarrhea liquid which we were able to obtain through Petco. We started him on it immediately and, after 2 days, it was pretty much cleared up (he was on his third day of the diarrhea). I didn't even know that existed, but we will now have it in our house and our dogs' first aid kit. We took him in to our regular vet today so that he could be thoroughly checked out to make sure we weren't overlooking something serious (the blood and amount was scary) and, after bloodwork and exam, he was fully cleared as being healthy.

They did give us some non-liquid medication for his diarrhea as well as some digestive medicine (probiotic) and I know we'll get an even better night's sleep tonight. I appreciate the JustAnswer vet's advice and calming approach very much and felt reassured we were okay waiting a day (contacted on Sunday) so he could see his own vet. Thank you so much for the expertise!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I just moved to a small town and could not find a vet to take my cat to for an emergency. She hadn’t been feeling good for 2 days and the only appt I could get was 4 days out and they were reluctant to take a new customer. (I really hate this town). So I went online looking for answers and found Just Answer where for $30 I could actually speak to a vet or a vet tech.

I got a Vet named Dr. ** and he was there immediately after giving my info to the tech. I even sent in pictures to show exactly what we were dealing with. He walked me thru how to treat my cat who apparently just had an abscess burst and there was blood everywhere. I got her cleaned up and treated even though I couldn’t get to a vet for 2 more days. Now that the 2 days are here, she is fine. So they saved me hundreds of $$ for the cost of a bath and a healing patch. I did bring her food and water for a couple days, but she is happy and sassy again. This is the best way to handle emergency situations, in my opinion. Thank you, Dr. **!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I spoke with a Certified Toyota Mechanic and after reviewing my issue and my suspicions, he confirmed that my suspicions were correct. I was able to get some charges removed or reduced from my bill, but because I didn't have them save the disputed part and could not prove that the mechanic at the Toyota dealership broke it, I did suffer a $200 loss. He was right to tell me to dispute it and try to get a reduction in my charges. My son, my son-in-law, and my boyfriend all had said basically what your mechanic told me and after going over the location of parts and where they work with my son-in-law, I am even more convinced that all of us were right and that I was lied to by the service department. Please make sure that you have them hold the parts until you are sure that you have no questions and are totally satisfied with work done.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Have a very sick Yorkie and all local Vets were closed until July 6. I had used Just Answer in the past, so used it again. Great service, and the Veterinarian who took my questions responded with enough information for me to know what to watch for. My pup needs a doctor, but the 2 that serve our city were closed. Today I reached 3 others in our general area, and none would see our Yorkie....said they were booked up. So not much I could do but keep my dog comfortable, watch him closely, and hope our local Vet will see him tomorrow. I feel pretty certain we will have to put him on his journey across the Rainbow Bridge. He's lost all bodily functions, hasn't eaten in 4 days, drinks water and regurgitates it. He can't walk too far, and when he tries, he often falls over, so will lie down and sleep wherever he falls. I truly appreciate all the help Dr. ** provided.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I signed up for the service trying to get good answers to a medical issue with my dog. The service gave a trial period which I canceled on the APP prior to finishing. The JustAnswer site continued to charge fees for months after. I found it on my credit card a few months after pending. I emailed customer service to end the service and get my latest month fees which were pending. They refused to cancel the charge and said I would still have service for another month even after I had canceled. To boot the advice given was to see a vet. This is a scam service.

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We apologize for any confusion with our billing. The link below shows an example of the membership offer and fee structure displayed during the question posting process :

We will reach out to our Customer Support team to make sure your account was handled properly. We have opted you out of the membership and assure you that, moving forward, you will not receive any membership charges. If you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited

If you need any assistance with your account, you can reach our Customer Care team directly by E-mail at Solutions@justanswer.com or by Phone at (800) 808-0645.

Best,
    JustAnswer Customer Care Team

Solutions@justanswer.com

Original review: May 12, 2022

Was told to clean the combustion chamber to ensure it was clear. While doing that I also checked the air mixer tube and found an almost invisible spider web. When both were cleaned, the heater started and stayed lit. Thank you!

JustAnswer.com response

You're welcome! I am happy we were able to help fix your water heater. If you have any questions in the future, we are here 24/7. :)

Original review: May 12, 2022

Matt was the just answer helper he was in England so time difference was a problem. I set out what I had done on the truck and he came back and suggested it would be worth trying this adjustment. I tried it and bingo we were on the right road. After more adjusting we were able to rectify the problem so he was very helpful in telling where to look. Thanks Matt.

JustAnswer.com response

You're welcome. I am so glad Matt was able to help resolve the problem with your truck. Let us know if you have questions in the future. :)

Original review: May 12, 2022

We don’t have many vets who handle exotic pets in my area, let alone chickens. Those select few that do aren’t looking at chickens right now because of avian flu. We recently had an emergency with my chicken needing emergency surgery and we were able to get all the advice we needed for the surgery (my mom has been a surgeon for 10 years) and recovery for my tiny chicken. I have only worked with one vet so far but she has answered all my questions and made this entire process so much easier. I honestly thought I would lose my chicken over mother's day weekend but through JustAnswer she is recovering so quickly and will be out with her sisters soon.

JustAnswer.com response

This is great news! Thank you for sharing your experience and I am so happy your chicken is doing so well and will be with her sisters soon. We are available any time if you need us in the future. Have a great day.

Original review: May 12, 2022

My wife spent a week in the hospital for pneumonia, after the many blood test, was diagnosed with leukemia, at 11;00 pm or later after a long visit at the hospital, I would "Ask a doctor" a question, the responses were quick. And very very helpful. My mind would race with “what if”. The responding, Just Ask, doctors would allow me to relax and process more clearly.

JustAnswer.com response

I am glad we were able to give you peace of mind. I hope your wife is doing much better! We are available 24/7 for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.

JustAnswer.com Company Information