4.4/5 (361 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer lets you talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. The company connects customers with verified and vetted experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

Top JustAnswer.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

It can with all honestly say that various people were involved with my query and it was solved so quickly that I was really surprised. Because here in South Africa it was morning ...

Verified

Money well spent for phone conversation. I was given valuable info, advice and encouragement. My boy is fine now. Thank you so much. You folks are the best. I will be using your s...

What is JustAnswer?

JustAnswer partners with experts in multiple fields to answer your questions quickly. Get started with JustAnswer by creating an account on the company's website. JustAnswer offers all new customers a free seven-day trial that lets you test its website and services before committing to a membership. Once you create an account, you get 24/7 access to experts in more than 150 categories.

JustAnswer partners with verified doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, mechanics and other professionals to give you quality, one-on-one advice. JustAnswer pairs you with an expert based on the topic of your question and gives you an unlimited back-and-forth conversation until you have an answer. All of JustAnswer’s experts go through an eight-step verification process, third-party screening and training.

JustAnswer’s average expert response time is six minutes, and the company notifies you by email or text when your question has a response. If you’re not satisfied with your expert’s advice or want another opinion, JustAnswer gives you a free second opinion from a different expert.

What do JustAnswer members receive?

JustAnswer members have access to:

• Free questions and answers
  • 24/7 access to experts
  • Exclusive members-only app for iPhone and Android
  • Two free phone calls with experts (iOS only)
  • The Library of Experts

Because JustAnswer is a public forum, all questions are posted on the website’s dashboard and can be accessed by anyone. However, JustAnswer does allow its users to remain anonymous and guarantees the protection of user privacy.

JustAnswer categories

• Consumer electronics
  • Tax questions
  • Relationships
  • Finance

How much does JustAnswer cost?

JustAnswer charges users a $5 base price to post a question. Any additional charges you incur show up on the page where you enter your payment information. You can review your fees and payments by logging into your JustAnswer account and clicking on “Order History.”

Is JustAnswer legit?

JustAnswer is an online public forum that lets you get answers from industry experts. For a relatively small price, you’re able to get advice from people qualified in multiple fields. If you’re searching for help in any of the company's 150-plus categories, JustAnswer provides valuable resources and qualified assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

He gave me a few ideas as to what was wrong with my refrigerator which I appreciated. I paid $2 to speak to someone and then noticed a charge of $40. I didn’t know about the charge and found it to be a bit high. I believe the advice I get from Norcold should be free since I paid a lot of money for my trailer and their product is defective.

Hello Debbie,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Upon reviewing your account, the offer you accepted when you posted your question was for CA$2 + CA$40. The CA$2 is for a sign up fee while the CA$40 is payment for 30 days of asking questions on the site in any category, where renewal of the membership can be cancelled at any time.

Here's a list of over 100 categories that are covered by the membership program where you have all kinds of verified Experts at your fingertips:

To cancel or learn more about your membership and billing cycle, visit: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited.

If you have other questions regarding our service, please reply to this email and I’d be happy to help.

Regards,

Vanessa
JustAnswer Customer Care

VanessaVC@justanswer.com or 1-800-808-0645 ext 18

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I left messages twice for the repair company, who Whirlpool sent for the same problem before, to ask for tech support. After the third call, tried everything she had available but nothing fixed the problem. She said no one available until. Aug. 29. I told her thanks for nothing. Called Whirlpool since I have an extended warranty with them. The person who answered after being on hold for hours told me same thing so I resorted to the internet at Whirlpool repair but he gave me the same solutions that didn't work. I reached out to the Just Answer for help at his advice. The first thing, explained the problem, he consulted his troubleshooting guide, and we reset the child lock in just a few minutes. I started my laundry at 8am but it was 5pm when your technician helped me and I started the first load. Thank you so very much for knowledgeable, efficient, and fast service.

JustAnswer.com response

You're very welcome! I appreciate you sharing your experience. :)

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The interaction with the technician was great. Very professional and experienced. Most of the communication was texting by mobile phone. I realized afterward that the technician's phone number was from California and I will be charged extra on my mobile bill because I don't have free texting to USA. It is disappointing that I wasn't made aware that I was texting to USA. I would like to know how to avoid this in future. Thanks

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we're glad to hear that your Expert was able to assist you.

We wanted to let you know that you can ask as many follow-up questions, free of charge, when engaging with an Expert on the JustAnswer website. To reply to your Expert with follow up questions, login to your account, visit your question page, and enter your comments in the Reply To Your Expert box at the bottom of the page and just click 'Reply' to post the comments to your Expert.

In the meantime, if you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,

Vanessa
    JustAnswer Customer Care

VanessaVC@justanswer.com or 1-800-808-0645 ext 18

Original review: July 28, 2022

I was giving my husband his ** and I dropped one. Like lightning my dog had it. I tried getting it but found nothing in her mouth. I called our Vet and the recording gave me the emergency number. I called and they were 75 miles away. Out of desperation I went to Google and wrote, “my little dog just swallowed 1200 mg **. What can I do?” I scanned the options and picked the one with 24/7 emergency call with a vet. The viral asst contacted me immediately, asked me some questions about the incident and dog..and immediately connected me with a vet. Phew! They were precise in their instructions, step by step telling me what to do. I followed their advice and 2 days later, she is fine! I am so grateful how everything played out. They helped me save my baby girl.

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad the Expert helped save your little pup and that she's fine now! We are available 24/7 for you, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Rushed my cat to the 24-hour vet hospital when I realized he was ODed on his traveling sedative about nine hours after the last dose. The instructions were blurry and partially illegible because another liquid sedative leaked on label plus my truck's interior lighting isn't the brightest. l His symptoms were startling and dramatically more profound than when he exited the truck so much so that that the last time I'd seen cats with some similar symptoms they were irreversibly dying. Soooo...arriving at the hospital I was shocked and grief stricken...to find it had no vets on duty. Staff said another SHOULD be open (and staffed with a vet?) about 40 minutes away and also mentioned a couple of on-line companies dealing with veterinary and related poisoning issues. I decided to return home (seven minutes away), jump on the computer, and contacted this company which staff recommended I contact first.

Started the chat conversation, gave my credit card info, some preliminary questions to initially sort my case's symptoms/condition, and chatting with the vet went quickly. However, I realized a phone call would be much simpler and quicker--another charge, but worth it to me. The vet's opinions allayed my fears (which turned out to be correct), saved me a 40 minute cross town trip, and saved me the normal expenses of what I've come to expect from an after hours facility--minimally $180. Additionally, my chat line was 'left open' about 12 hours and monitored in case my cat's condition worsened or for additional discussion. A final query about his condition was pleasantly surprising and appreciated. This website is now another medical resource for especially after hour vet care. REALLY happy about this experience!

JustAnswer.com response

That is so scary. We are available 24/7 if you need. I hope your cat is feeling better. Let us know if you have more questions!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I gave my cat double the amount of medication he was supposed to get and the vet at Just Answer answered my concerns without me having to go to emergency vet during a hurricane. If I ever have something like this happen again I would definitely contact Just Answer instead of running to the vet ER in the middle of the night.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Carol was very prompt & her explanation were clear & conscise regarding the value of my item. I still am hopeful that she or someone can tell me how to sell this item preferably locally in Norristown PA. I am not one to blab on so this is all I have to say A personal thank you to Carol

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Had a problem with driver climate control. Technician was spot on with diagnosis and even sent diagram of exact location. I was able to change part and fix problem. Probably saved me 3-500$ if I had taken it to a dealer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

The agent that helped me was very patient and knowledgeable about my problem. Waiting on parts he recommended to arrive to make the repairs he suggested. He told me that my problem was quite common and that his recommendation should solve my problem.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I had an urgent problem relating to septic tank drainage flowing into a neighbouring field, (Whilst In the process of selling my property) since it had been draining that way for over 70 years, and during my occupation for over 20 years, then I was advised a prescriptive right had been establish. The thanks.

JustAnswer.com Company Information