2.82/5

JustAnswer.com

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

1236 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I started to use JustAnswer, typed in literally only part of a question, but decided against it. However, I unintentionally signed up for it anyway and a few months later realized I was being charged $36/month for their service. So I immediately canceled the service. Unsolicited, they refunded the last month payment. Because I could not remember using their service at first I asked them to show me what question I'd asked. They sent it and it wasn't even a completed sentence. So, I asked, given that I never actually used their service, if they could refund all three months? They did! In the email they said I had clearly not intended to use the service so they would not charge me at all. How's that for good customer service? Oh, and all of this - the cancelation, emails, refunds - took place in a matter of hours, even after hours. Given this experience, if I DO ever need their service I will not hesitate. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! - Mike

Original review: May 17, 2019

I'm a new business owner in Georgia (U.S.) that need guidance or clarification sometimes. I gotta say that JustAnswer is really good and convenient to my needs. The quality of advice you receive does seem like a hit or miss depending on who you get. But, when it worked, I was so, so, so grateful to be able to only pay less than or around $100 total and get answers/guidance ASAP (less than 10 minutes) instead of booking an appointment with an attorney for a week later and pay $300.

I've used it six times total. Four out of six of the professionals I spoke to was excellent. And I like it that you can see the person's full name. It makes me feel very reassure when I can google their name and easily see they're a legit professional in their field and have good reviews for their own business. I've spent close to 400 so far on JustAnswer, but the help I received and the speed that I received it, was probably worth more than $1000. I would totally recommend it or use it again!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country that I bought to flip. It kept draining the battery and the previous owner couldn't figure out the issue, and sold it to me for cents to the dollar. The mechanic that I spoke with (Keep in mind that I'm somewhat mechanically inclined), guided me step by step on where the parasitic leak that was draining the battery was coming from. He made sure I had the multi meter and the leads in the correct slots, asked a bunch of questions to make sure that this was done right, and even stayed on the phone with me while I was testing the fuses and disconnecting connections. His knowledge was far more advanced than what I have found on many YouTube videos and forums. I wouldn't have figured out the issue without him.

Keep in mind, the $26 phone call is well worth it. I could have taken the vehicle to a dealership for diagnostics and paid $110 for them to tell me I have a short somewhere and lead me down a train of pocket emptying nonsense of constantly taking the vehicle back and wasting even more money on parts that I didn't need. I recommend Eric ** for any of your Chrysler needs. He takes his time and will pull up schematics as needed to help. Thank you for keeping money in my pocket and out of the dealers.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My Honda unexpectedly would not turn over one day -- it had been running great with no indications that an electrical problem may be occurring. I was able to jump it and get to work but had to jump it again to get home. Although I suspected it was my battery I wasn't sure because it was only 8-months old. I put a charger on it for a complete cycle; it lit an indicator showing the charging was complete but also lit the "Bad Battery" indicator. I took the battery back to the location where I purchased it; they tested it and said it was good so they wouldn't exchange it.

I continued having the issue over the next day or two. So I went to "JustAnswer" and posed my problem to the Honda Mechanics. Doctor D was quick to diagnose the issue and said the battery was bad -- it should be replaced immediately before anything else is done. I jumped my car and went to AutoZone then O'Reilley's auto stores -- both tested the battery and both confirmed Doctor D was correct. I replaced the battery from another dealer -- this solved my problem! I then went and got a full refund for the failed battery. Just Answer saved me a lot of time and money that I could have been wasted trying to find the issue elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Response to question was immediate with specialist quickly securing vet, Dr. Rachel. Dr. Rachel was/is highly professional and skilled, immediately putting me at ease. I cannot say enough good about this doctor, she was fantastic. I was most impressed when she quickly came online and immediately asked a very specific question. "Are his gum pink?" and she offered to call me rather than type back and forth, as I explained I'd have to check. I accepted, and she called within 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, I checked his gums and they were pink. The reason for the question she explained when she called and I told her yes, they were pink, is because if they weren't, it meant he could be bleeding internally. How wonderful of her.

She didn't frighten me by explaining the question when she asked i.e. "Are his gums pink because if they're not, he could be bleeding internally." She was not vague, such as "What do his gums look like?" She was caring, specific, and to the point, without frightening me, and I cannot thank her enough. I immediately trusted her, and we continue with the discussion. I would highly recommend her, and this service. Thank you so much. And, yes, as far as the outcome, in her professional opinion, it was just residual small bleeding after the constipation, common, and would soon resolve. Which it did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2019

Display screen on 9-year old refrigerator was not working properly. Went to JustAnswer for help. Paid $28. Austin made a suggestion. I decided Not to follow his advice. Told Austin I wasn’t going to follow his advice. Went back to owner’s manual. Figured out problem myself and fixed it. Next day I told Austin I fixed problem myself. Was not offered refund. Instead was told “to have a nice day”.

Hello Kathryn,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. Sorry for the confusion.

The Experts that respond to questions on the site are not employees and do not have the ability to access your account information or process refunds. Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we're happy to take a look at this for you.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I thought I was talking to Apple about a password, that day they charged me $39 twice and a $5 trial offer. They then proceeded to charge $46 a month. I asked 1 question!!!! When I called them said, "So sorry."

Hello Ruth,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any confusion that you experienced in navigating the internet. While we do have technicians that can help you to resolve these issues, we are not directly affiliated with Apple.

Please respond to our private message here or reach out to our Customer Care team and we'd be happy to take another look at your account to see what happened.

Original review: July 12, 2019

First, they say you need to pay $5 down to get your question in the queue, then they add another $14 if/when a veterinarian answers your question. Several hours later I get notified by someone wanting even more money to have me call them instead ($28) and saying I can email a video but that costs more money... so for $19 I got nothing but the runaround. Total scam in my opinion and I should have known that. Don't waste your time or money. They don't care about you or your pet; they just want to scam you out of money. Sad.

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any confusion caused by the billing.

The phone call offer is extended to all customers automatically but is not required in order to receive a response. You can continue speaking with the Vet through the Q&A chat online and you'll receive an E-mail or text notification every time you receive a response from the Vet.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we'd be happy to get you back on the right track.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I asked a legal question for $5. I was asked to rate the service. I figured they were paid $5 and I was answered immediately. I gave them 5 stars. Then I was asked for $59 to receive a call from an attorney. I declined but continued texting the attorney. I never received a follow-up answer. Today my debit card had what I consider STOLEN from it. I called and was told since I gave a positive rating they would not return my money. I work hard for my money, and $58 for a quick answer that was not helpful is BS. This company SUCKS!!!!

Hello Carey,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're sorry for any frustration.

If you were charged for a phone call that never occurred we can definitely get that refunded for you.

Please reach out to us here or through the Contact Us link on the website and we're happy to take another look at your account.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2019

I went to JustAnswer to get help for an appliance problem I was having as I had used them before and had good results. The product the owners came up with was an excellent idea, to make it possible to get help without very expensive solutions. I had nothing but praise for Just Answer the last time I used it but this time they have changed the whole platform so now it is very frustrating to get their help. I went on their site and filled in some info and then was asked to pay a fee and I thought I was speaking to a person who could help me with my problem only to find out I was speaking to a bot although they showed a picture of a woman. Then they transferred me to store to download their website for my phone which was ok but then after I downloaded it and went on their site I had to go through it all again. Then when I thought I had finally gotten a real person come to find out I had gotten another bot and they wanted more money.

After getting so frustrated I decided to end this bad adventure. I get an email from them so I thought maybe I will get somewhere now so I followed the email only to have to put all my info in again. Then to make it worse they didn’t help me with my problem. So now I have to try to cancel the service because you can’t just pay for one service. Instead you are signing up for a monthly plan. I have been looking for a way to cancel but so far I haven’t been able to find it. Also while using the service I kept getting pop ups to call them but they said it’s not them and not to call them! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!! They need to use their service to see how bad it is messed up!

Hi John,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

It definitely sounds like you had some navigation issues when you came back to the site this time. You should have been able to use your old login credentials and get right back into your account instead of needing to come through the homepage like a first time user.

This is actually really easy for us to solve. Please reach out to our Customer Care team at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help and we should be able to get you squared away. You can reach via Chat, E-mail or Phone, whichever is easiest.

We look forward to speaking with you.

JustAnswer.com Company Information