4.71/5
Based on 217 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

743 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

This was my first time using this site. The technician was polite and got back to me within 24 hours. There is a $5 charge to ask a question and then when they respond with a solution, they charge an additional $29. After exchanging 3-4 emails, and explaining the issue a couple of times, as they asked, he comes back with "if it's over a year old, it would cost more to repair." He could have said that immediately and not dragged this out, as I had told him I'd changed out the battery about a year ago. If that's the kind of answer they're going to give, it's definitely not worth the additional $29.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Advice on Social Security - Very pleased with this service. Mr. Chad EA, CFP was very clear in his answer and quick to respond. We had been on social security site and could not figure out the answer to our question. This service was quick, clear, easy to use and well worth their small fee.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The attorney was able to answer my questions and also provide me with some documentation to support the information I needed. I was interested in knowing what could and couldn't be done in terms of fees and restrictions for service and comfort animals in a condominium.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Dr. Gabby had a very quick response. My Pomeranian would squeal any time you touched the area where he got his Parvo shot. His personality completely changed. It's like he wouldn't move. So unusual for a Pom. Dr. Gabby gave us a great solution and also what not to do. He felt better within the hour and was feeling much better by the next morning. I would totally use them again!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was very worried when the place I retired from hired a new guy and he started tossing personnel files and copies of check stubs in dumpster without making sure said files were digitally copied or shredded. Olivia got back to me fairly quickly with answers that allayed my fears. Plus after I mentioned it to a person on the board, the matter was acted upon and safeguards put in place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: May 17, 2018

The Ford mechanic gave me precise directions on how to re-set the body control module of my Ford Focus. I couldn’t go to the Ford dealership because the dealership was overbooked. I took my car to a mechanic, and gave him the instructions. The instructions worked! Thank you!

Original review: May 17, 2018

Went on site and asked for help with an oil sensor on a Yamaha Generator. Then was told to pay $5 for assistance. Paid the $5. Hours later get some BS answer that it'd be easier to talk on phone so sent $25 more and he'd be glad to "help" us. It's just a scam game, suckers need to be shut down. Their site shows lots of "compliments" to their expertise - yeah, right - expertise in scamming. Am sure all the compliments are fake. Total crappy BS. The only reason I've given them one star is that I have to put something or this site won't accept my comments. Thanks for listening.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this experience. It looks like there may have been some confusion about the billing for the site.

I'm sorry for the confusion about the good faith deposit. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

This information regarding the deposit is displayed on the page where the customer is prompted to submit their payment details and questions are posted only when the customer acknowledges and accepts the payment terms.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due of $31.00, however, the Expert isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

In looking at your account it appears that you were able to get in touch with our Customer Care team and we've processed a refund for all of the charges that you incurred.

Please let us know if you need anything further and I'm happy to help.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Just purchased a truck 2 weeks ago and it had so many codes. I looked up the codes and JustAnswer was a good way to start. Sent the codes in and got a good mechanic with answers. Would definitely recommend to friends. Fast, reliable and cheaper than the mechanic.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Steve ** mechanic, answered in a timely manner. Was extremely professional manner. The question was pertaining to damage I have done to my car. At least I know where I stand. And do not have to go to dealer for a simple solution. I am a caregiver and just don’t have the time. And am grateful for this site!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I used this service to help me find how to locate my lost phone and wallet. They quickly sent me a link that allowed me to track my phone. I was able to go to the location and find it. Excellent help, and quick to find an answer.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Under RV repair I was sent to Robert an RV mechanic. He helped me get from A to Z in about 30 minutes, was very personable, down to earth and knowledgeable. I didn't expect to get such a good response so good job Robert. Thank you.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Diagnosed as power supply and I ordered a power supply it will resolve the problem. Called Norcold. They gave me the part number and went online and purchased the power supply. Will know in the next week if all is well.

Original review: May 16, 2018

No internet connectivity at home using IPad. Lap-top OK!! 30-35 mins evaluating and correcting settings, primary change was to re-insert the password for the network, but this did not cure the problem. Your man eventually cracked the problem when we encountered a separate 4-digit alpha-numeric coding. Never been asked for before - entered the code and there it was - OK. THANKS.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had questions about a severance package or forced relocation. Because of also having an ADA accommodation on file it created some complex questions that by myself couldn’t answer. The lawyer who answered my questions gave thorough answers that related directly to my situation. He gave a couple options on how to handle the situation and follow up questions to ask my employer. Because of asking these additional questions my severance offer was increased by approximately $10,000. I am so happy I took the chance of using this website!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Remove agitator that had broken fins on it, from washing machine... Youtube video was provided & problem solved in 2 minutes. Thanks... Also order was placed for a replacement. Total time around 10 minutes to fix & replace problem... Thank You.

Original review: May 16, 2018

It is a relief to know that my mother does not have what I was afraid she has. It is always worth consulting a specialist. I did not have to wait too long to talk to a medical doctor. Thank you so much.

Original review: May 15, 2018

The tech was great. Solved my problem (No Power to windows 2006 Scion TC) in a matter of minutes. Will refer friends and family. The tech is 5 Star rated. Great service. Very quick with the response. With clean instruction on how to solve your problem. Easy to sign up for and secure payments with Paypal or credit.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I text when my dog was lethargic and panting. I was asked specific questions, and told what to do. She was much better within a few hours, and we took her to her vet, just to be sure. Coco is doing fine. Thank you.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Really, this may sound weird to bless my computer guy, but I had been trying to figure out my Thunderbird issues for months. I tried everything. Werner was able to fix. Yes, it took him awhile - but he did it! It was such a relief to not have to deal with this mess any longer.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2018

First of all 1 week and nobody answered. They transferred me to another lawyer to answer a question, took another week nobody answered then all of a sudden they deducted 75 USD FROM MY ACCOUNT without notice/permission I send an email regarding the matter. Nobody even bothered emailing me back. Just answer is rubbish. Never ever will use your service again!!! Oh and I still did not get the answer to jack **!!! Asked for a refund. Complete ignorance.

Hello Ramzi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any frustration you experienced. We've been unable to locate any account or contact to our Customer Care team from the email address and phone number that you provided to Consumer Affairs.

It may be that you used other credentials to register your account or it may be that you created a guest account when you visited the website.

We're happy to work with you to locate the account and either issue a refund or locate an Expert that can respond to the question.

We will be reaching out using the email address on file with Consumer Affairs, however, you can also reach our Customer Care team by calling 1-800-509-5721 or by emailing us at support@justanswer.com

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I find JustAnswer a great help in asking questions I don't understand about legal matters such as inheritance mandates and also about help regarding custody of children issues. It's wonderful to quickly find what you need to know without a $300 per hour fee and also to know that your answer it educated and accurate for your state.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 14, 2018

I Googled about a port's pin-out for an electronic device. Didn't find the answer, but wound up on JustAnswer.com. Hmmm... $5 for an answer? Sounds fishy, but read and understand everything before authorizing payment. It was hard to get to the point where you typed your question, because of all the offers for faster answers (for more money), but finally I reached where I could type the question. The important thing for me to thoroughly read EVERYTHING to understand what I obligating myself too... and that was $5. I didn't accept ANY "upgraded plans."

I submitted the question, day or two went by, and the answer was in the form of a person who had just "logged on" and "saw" my question. He/she asked if I still needed the question answered that late. I replied "no help needed" since I'd already experimented with, and figured out the correct pin-out. End of story. Or... not? Caution born of experience suggested I check my credit card transactions. I did. The $5 charge was there, but on the following day, and without explanation or my consent/knowledge, JustAnswer.com had ran another charge through the card... this time for $29.00.

I began to initiate a chargeback and probably should have, but gave the kind folks 24-hours to return the money. I'll check the account tomorrow and take it from there. Either way, I'm in no mood about this to argue. My biggest worry, founded or unfounded, is continued charges anytime in the future. The latest practice with some companies is to wait six month or a year, then add the accumulated monthly charges into a whopping sum. It works; most people can be talked into paying at least a portion of the sum. Doesn't "half-price" of anything sound great?

Here's the response I finally got for those two fees: "Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Harry and I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it took so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know."

Hello Ed,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're terribly sorry for any confusion that you experienced regarding the billing or any delay in response. In looking at your account I can assure you that you will see no other charges and you are not on a membership at this time.

I can see that you were able to reach out to Customer Care and that our Customer Care agent was able to get your refund processed the very next day.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we're happy to help.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 2, 2018

Service said 5 dollar deposit then a further payment to be made of 25 dollars once the mechanic answers the question, fair enough, but they took the 25 dollars and I haven't heard a thing!!?? What a rip off!!

Hi there Lee,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your question. I can see that you've been speaking with one of our Mechanics, Peter, regarding the issue with your Renault. It looks like Pete is still waiting for a reply to your last conversation and we'll reach out to you privately to instruct you on how to reply.

If you've got any questions about your account or the site, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us in Customer Care and we're happy to assist.

You can reach out to Customer Care at support@justanswer.com or from the UK by phone at 0808-164-9374.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Customer service Tim - Very patient with my details problems with my brakes and explained what and why I needed to upgrade to! Explained why they get hot! The stock ones were just fine for just the truck but with the extra weight of twenty thousands pound added to the truck made them not good enough!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Mitsubishi windows - I thought they were great support. I finally found the problem. A loose ignition switch myself. But they were very helpful giving me diagrams of where my relays were located and other good advice. I would definitely use the service again on my next vehicle problem.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Data port - Guys were good and asked the right questions. Asked for picture but I couldn't figure out to send so they suggested talking instead. Had the right answers. Didn't elect to talk but engaged my brain - just because tie port receptacle didn't look like what. I was used to seeing figured I should try the plug and guess what, it worked! Wouldn't hesitate to use these guys again, they were patient and didn't give up. Great to deal with!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Needed to know how many allowances I could take to not get too much taken out of my paycheck. Spoke with Jeff who spent a lot of extra time with me and was also chatty and personable. I felt comfortable sharing with him. He didn’t make me feel like I was an idiot or taking up too much time.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Question about my cat’s swollen gland under chin - I received a phone call from Doc Paul in San Francisco. He was very interested in my question and gave me rapid feedback. He asked me some pertinent questions, analyzed the problem, and gave me his opinion. I was very pleased with his candor and wealth of knowledge. He was very pleasant to talk to and down to earth in his response. I would very much have liked to have taken my cat to see him. I told him how grateful I was for his advice and how prepared I was to take my cat to a vet I didn’t know here in NYC because I knew what questions to ask and what to anticipate. This is a great service and you will recommend it to others!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Dr. ** was the doctor who responded to my question. He was extremely prompt and seemed exceptionally knowledgeable about the subject and gave me really good information and advice. I now know what to do and where to go. Thank you so much!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was desperate! It was late & I was sure I would scratch it when sleeping making it worse. Itching was making me crazy. Needed to put something on, but did not know what would be safe to use as that arm had Lymphedema prior to Cellulitis. The answer I got was perfect! Something I had and it helped stop itching. I would definitely recommend to friends AND Thank You doesn’t say how glad I am.

JustAnswer.com Company Information