Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The person that help me was great. Nailed the problem in a quick second. Only asked 1 question and wanted an answer. I responded. He did the same and the problem was solved in less than 3 min. Excellent employee. Just don't ask for CA call. Cost 24$ more.

The solicitor who gave me the second opinion was very knowledgeable and helpful indeed. She was willing to answer ALL of my questions, as well as review my draft appeal and offer suggestions for improvement. Excellent service.

The computer guy who helped me with Windows 10 issues regarding Movie Maker was great. I was told by others that Windows 10 would not accept the Movie Maker 6 program. He got the program working properly for me so now I am able to complete the presentation I was working on. He was fantastic.

My KitchenAid dishwasher 5 year extended warranty ran out less than 6 months previous to breaking down. The unit suddenly stopped working and there was no response from the push buttons. It was getting full power and there were no blown fuses. I did Google and Youtube searches and couldn't find the results I needed. I was thinking the main circuit board was bad but wasn't sure. I saw JustAnswer on one of the links and gave it a try. Thank you to your technician, he was able to narrow it down to being the push button control panel that was defective. I purchased one today and my appliance is now running! Thank you for saving me the cost of a service call or an additional $200 for a circuit board that wasn't the problem.

It was so easy. I just googled them and found all answers I needed about my dog on a single page - http://www.justanswer.com/topics-akita/?problems. Would recommend this site to everyone who has real veterinary questions but don't have time or money to visit a vet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

This is the second time I used JustAnswer for my dogs. The first time was to diagnose Pigmentary Keratitis in my husky's eye. The travelling vet (we live in a remote location) didn't know what it was but the vet on JustAnswer correctly diagnosed it after I described what it looked like. She sent me photos to confirm. We ordered a homeopathic remedy based on her advice and the brown spot on her eye is shrinking.

This time I asked for advice for my Corgi who had lot of pain in her stomach. After a lot of questions to rule out serious things like an obstruction or piercing of the intestine, the vet gave me advice to put her on a fast for 24 hours and then start her on a rice diet. I'm happy to say Cinder recovered wonderfully. She's my "baby" and I was so worried so her recovery was such a relief. A few days later the same problem occurred and we now believe her usual high quality, dehydrated, raw dog food has been changed since the company was bought out, and she can't tolerate that food any longer.

I put her on a fast again like the vet suggested and kept her on brown rice and lentils (a complete protein when combined) for a few days, and have been gradually adding vegetables, chicken and a multi vitamin. I'll have to continue to give her homemade food or find a different brand for her now. We live in remote area, so I truly appreciate being able to get sound advice for my "fur kids" that I can rely on.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion. It appears that when you contacted us you may have thought that you had reached Google or Apple.

We're sorry to hear that the service did not work out for you but I would like to confirm for you that all of the charges have been refunded and you should see the funds fall off of your account in the next 3-5 business days at the most.

Please feel free to reach out to support@justanswer.com if you need any further assistance.

Adam

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I found this service to be worse than useless. I was inadvertently redirected there while searching for help from google directly. I wasn't able to get my password reset. Because my google ID is an iCloud email address they ended up resetting my iCloud password instead and without telling me they were about to do that. (Which is a nuisance since now I have to remember a new password.) By that point they'd charged $79 dollars to my credit card which I had to call an 800 number and spend about 10 minutes of time to get reversed (and I can't even make sure that's happened for a few days). In short I'd avoid this service because their site doesn't work correctly (you can't upload screen shots, for example, despite there being a button for it.) It generates lots of emails, wants to install software on your computer so they can control it remotely, and doesn't have people patient enough to really understand what your problem is before they attempt to fix it.

Hello Joe,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for the confusion. The service does not indicate anywhere that it is free but we will reach out to you to look at your account and work to resolve this issue.

We can see that you did cancel the membership the same day that you had signed up for it so there will be no recurring billing.

You can also reach our customer support team 24 hours a day through the help page at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I thought I was asking a nurse for free not a service that charged. Now I know I am probably out the 5 but didn't realize I would be charged the 17 more as I was kind of in a panic about the situation. I don't want to be subscribed to this service as I was overdrawn in my account. Can you help?

Hello Rajat,

In looking into your account it appears that you processed your own refunds for the transactions nearly a month ago. The refunds were processed within 24 hours which means that they were voided. When a transaction is voided it means that instead of seeing a credit back to the account, you should simply see the transactions disappear from the account.

We will reach out to you privately to make sure that the transactions have disappeared and if necessary we can conduct a conference call with the bank to verify.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I tried JustAnswer.com's services but was not satisfied and immediately cancelled the request. JustAnswer.com still went and deducted $5 and $17 later from my account and now are giving contradictory response when a refund is being requested. One executive answers transaction never happened and the other answers that the refund is processed.

Hello Amy,

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

I apologize for any confusion. You opted into JustAnswer's monthly membership plan which allows you to ask Experts multiple questions per month for a single monthly fee. However, the membership plan is not retroactive, so any questions posted before you signed up, including the initial question posted to the site, are on a pay-per-question basis and subsequent questions will be covered under the membership.

There appears to be some confusion as well about the payment system. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

This information regarding the deposit is displayed on the page where the customer is prompted to submit their payment details and questions are posted only when the customer acknowledges and accepts the payment terms.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due, however, the Expert isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

An overview of this process can be found on the How It Works page here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-justanswer-works

I hope this clears up the confusion about your charges but please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be further assistance.

Adam

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I was charged for a free trial. Their billing practices are very deceptive. Plus, if you say you want to get a refund, they tell you it will be taken out of the person's account that answered your question! I thought that guy did a great job. However, just pay the $5/question. Don't pay for the trial or you will be treated unfairly.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any frustration that you've experienced.

In looking at your account it appears that all of the charges that were processed have been refunded to your card however I will reach out to you privately to discuss any other details of your account.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

Bad customer service. I spent 2 hours plus with two inept techs online. Not only could they not resolve my email problem but they created a new one by deactivating my Microsoft Office. The last tech subsequently put my computer into recovery mode and all communications were severed.

Hello Arturo,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this.

We apologize for the lack of a response that you've received. I will reach out to you personally to address all of the questions that you have regarding your account and the site generally.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if I can be of any further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

I have been trying the Just Answer (JA) membership since I needed to work on my vehicle and "having a mechanic by my side" (so to speak) could be very helpful. I wasn't sure how JA charged its customers and I had to cancel "a few times" for several reasons, leaving me with just the $34/membership charge. Here are some reasons I had to cancel:

I asked a question about how much it would cost to ask a question which, I thought was going to customer service but was directed to the mechanic instead. I never (and still have not) solved my mechanical vehicle issue (but still have not canceled my membership... Yet!). Customer service at Just Answer can be comparable to Comcast customer service! They hardly (or don't) get back to you if you email them a question. Most of the time you are just directed to another confusing web page. And, when you call... you're connected to someone in the Philippines (just like Comcast), who are very courteous people that like to continue repeating your question, thanking you and apologizing to the hilt... But cannot seem to grasp the ACTUAL QUESTION(S) you're asking. Very very frustrating!

I am willing to hold off on canceling (my membership) for the last time but, no one has gotten back to my email questions I've been sending the last couple of days. And, I am STILL not certain on how JA charges you! Didn't know about having to TIP the professional. Didn't know that your star rating/review affected payment, etc. This is JA's TERRIBLE web page for explaining HOW IT WORKS. I don't see anything about tipping, how you're billed (it says "NAME YOUR PRICE" Huh? Is this Priceline?). How long/many times you can talk to someone? Can you talk vs email your professional? How much is membership? What are these other charges for premium services? With membership? Without membership? How many questions are you allowed to ask? If so, how much? Ugh... You are directed to go here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-justanswer-works

So, even with a membership! It's a shame that JUST ANSWER'S CUSTOMER SERVICE (IF THEY HAVE ANY) CAN'T... JUST ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS about this service. Sorry everyone... I'm obviously frustrated because I'm STILL without my vehicle and when I reposted/restated my question (because I different pro to "try" and answer it), JUST ANSWER canceled it stating that I repeated my question! Ugh.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I'm extremely sorry for any frustration we may have caused you. I will reach out to you privately to discuss the refunds to your account.

It looks like you accepted a free trial of our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. It is evident that you did not intend to continue with the membership after the trial ended, so as a courtesy I have refunded all of your membership charges. I have turned the membership billing off and you will not receive any further recurring charges.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that we've been able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Please contact me if there is anything else I can help you with.

Adam

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I requested help in June 2016 concerning washing machine repair and was very happy with the response and happy to pay for the service. I put the payment on a credit card, which I don't use very much and foolishly haven't checked closely over the past few months. On checking this month's statement I found that I have been charged a membership fee of $54.59 on 20 Sept 2016. I certainly did not want ongoing membership and never intentionally agreed to it! Presumably I never unchecked a box at some stage during the process.

I have yet to get home to check my past few months' statements but it looks like it's a monthly fee, so my simple question which I thought cost me around $30 has apparently cost me hundreds - so far. I have cancelled the membership today and really hoping they don't debit me again 20 October. I am very disappointed as I was initially very impressed with the service and thought it was a great idea and good value for money. As it turns out it would have been far cheaper for me to have a service technician come to my home and pay them to repair it.

I have requested that the membership fee be refunded and sincerely hope that JustAnswers does the right thing and complies with this. If so, I will be more than happy to accept that it was all just a misunderstanding and my own stupid fault for not looking into it carefully enough. If not, I will have to assume that they are deliberately trying to trick people out of their money.

PS. I have received an email whilst typing this advising that my "Plus Membership" has been cancelled. Worth noting that the only emails I have received from them prior to this one, was on 13/6/16 advising that "your answer is on it's way" . I have thoroughly checked my Inbox and found no other emails. If the service was legit I would have expected to receive an email welcoming to me to my Plus membership and confirming details of costs, benefits etc back in June.

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

In looking into your account it appears that the refunds for the charges have already been processed back to your account.

Moving forward, you will not see any recurring membership charges. Your account is now on a pay-per-question basis and you will only be charged when you post a question.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

I logged on to JustAnswer to ask a legal question which I was told would cost me $5. I paid this and then realized it was an American company and I am in Australia. Their website stated that you could cancel immediately and the $5 would be refunded which I did. I have received emails since stating that their experts cannot help me because I am in Australia. However, they have now taken $64 out of my account for membership in spite of an email informing me that my account had been canceled and that my $5 would be refunded.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this and we apologize for any confusion. It appears that the agent that responded to you may have been confused about the nature of the matter that you had emailed us about.

We have sent a couple of emails to you in order to gather some more pertinent information about the texts that you are receiving so that we can locate the account with the error on it, however, we have not received any replies to these requests for more information.

We will try reaching out to you again in order to resolve the matter. In the mean time feel free to respond to the emails that we have sent with the request for more information and we're happy to continue working on this issue for you.

Adam

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I had never heard of JustAnswer until I received seven text message alerts on my cell phone between 2 and 3 AM informing me that they had responded to "my" request for an answer. Realizing that someone had likely used my cell phone number on their registration (either by mistake or randomly), I contacted JustAnswer to request that my number be removed so that no future texts would be received.

The reply I received from JustAnswer Customer Service Representative Kate informed me that they would be unable to do this until I sent them MY credit card information or agreed to pay them through a PayPal account. So, if I do not wish to be awakened again by a stream of text alerts, it will require a payment from me? This attempt at forced solicitation is inexcusable and shameful.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Bob,

We're sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like you accepted a free trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. I have opted you out of the membership and refunded the charge back to your card.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I requested an answer, never received any conversation nor answer and was suddenly charged AU$82. THEN, they automatically signed me up for an unlimited membership and started billing me even more, so I cancelled my credit card. A review of the "expert" was automatically created on my behalf and assigned 5 stars by JustAnswer.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Seongyik,

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

I'm sorry for the confusion about the good faith deposit. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

With regard to your account, it does look like you were able to get in touch with customer support several days ago and we've issued a refund for the charges back to your creditcard.

Adam

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

During surfing internet to get a car problem information, I went into this site by accident. It showed only $5 to get an answer so I accepted only $5 for payment but I didn't accept any extra payment. I got an very simple answer but no more gotten. However, it pulled $43 more from my credit card and my payment information is saved at that site which cannot be deleted. And it says refund is possible thru the refund button but there is no that button at JustAnswer-my account which it mentioned on Q&A. It was a little helpful but not worthy of $43 extra money which pulled out with knowing me which looked scam. I need to get refund. I am upset now!!!

Resolution response: Oct. 4, 2016

Still not pleased with the way JustAnswer treated me initially, but I did ultimately receive the refund I was looking for.

Hello Becky,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this and we apologize for the confusion. It looks like there was an error on PayPal's part in transferring this $15.00 payment to us and that is why we had issues locating the charge.

In checking this case with the PayPal representative, I have confirmed that PayPal has issued a refund for the payment on 9/21/2016 and will reach out to you privately with more details about the refund.

Let me know if you need anything further and I'm happy to assist.

Adam

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My dog has been having issues that I won't go into right now, but I went to JustAnswer to get some help for him. The recommended price to answer his question was $28 and I thought that was reasonable so I paid it. While I was waiting for the vet to answer, a pop up window appeared in the corner. It was a vet tech asking several questions to clarify my initial post. She ended with a "Great! That will help the vet, but I just need a $15 deposit to secure your place." I knew JustAnswer had a deposit system, but it would be absorbed into the fee or refunded back.

Little did I know, JustAnswer just wanted my $15. It's been several days of communication with them now and they are telling me that I really didn't pay it, even though I provided proof from PayPal. I must have another JustAnswer account, or they don't know what happened and they can't help me. Bottom line, I had a question answered for $28 and it shows on my JustAnswer account, yet PayPal shows that there was clearly two transactions within minutes. One of $28 and one of $15. All I want is my $15 back. My theory is that the vet tech was for a different vet than the one who answered my question and that is who got my money.

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2016

I have received an email from justanswer.com in which they are refunding my $5, and they admit that I received no answer. I appreciate the refund and I must assume at this point that the site is not the scam I feared it was, and I appreciate the honest and swift response and resolution to my concern.

Hello Renee,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your recent experience on the site and I apologize for any frustration that you've experienced.

In looking into your account, I can see that there was not a reply to the question about your coffee maker. This is highly unusual given the average response time on the site is 6 minutes.

I will reach out to you about your account and we will go ahead and process a refund for the $5 deposit back to your card and you should see the credit back in the next 1-3 business days.

Adam

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

Never heard back after I paid for an answer! Oh they did send me the "Your answer is on the way! Welcome to JustAnswer, the best way to talk to a doctor, lawyer, vet, mechanic and more in minutes, 24/7. Are currently reviewing your question and will respond shortly." NEVER GOT THE ANSWER, AND STUPIDLY GAVE THEM THE VISA NUMBER AND PAID THEM. ALSO STUPID. I'd better get a REFUND! Acted like a scam to me. Ended up fixing my coffee maker myself with free info on the web.

Factual basis uncertain

The medical answer I got was a direct copy and paste from Web MD. Followed by "Ask your doctor". The IT expert advised "Contact the manufacturer or return the tablet". You definitely don't need a PhD to come up with answers like these. I emailed JustAnswer that day saying, "The answers would only be helpful to a person with no problem solving skills whatsoever". They still billed me $40 per answer, though their website advertises in multiple places that you only pay the $5 good faith deposit unless you give the answer 3 or more stars. I gave them each one star. Being that I only have a BS in Biology, I would expect a medical doctor to give at least one piece of information that I didn't know. Having my card holder dispute charges as an unauthorized charge.

Hello Maz,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this recent experience. We're sorry to hear that you did not receive the assistance that you were looking for.

We are unable to locate an account tied to the email address that you provided so we will reach out to you by private message to gather more information about your experience and get your refund processed.

You may also reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

- Adam

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Got onto JustAnswer for some legal advice, went through my issues and landed on the credit card details page. Filled that in and guess what??? That's as far as it went...Pearl **, Lawyer's Assistant...is the one who takes your details, sends you to the payment section and then it's all over. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!! Credit card is being cancelled as we speak!!!

Resolution response: Sept. 7, 2016

I have to say that JustAnswer was great at helping resolve my problem and making me feel like a valued customer.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for responding to us. Once again we're sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the issue resolved but we're happy to have been able to help resolve your Customer Support issue.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to reach out and we're happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

Help with refrigerator/freezer problem - My wife found JustAnswer online thinking it was a service of GE. Surprise... it wasn't and after paying $28.00 for their advice to call a repair person I felt taken advantage of. I could never recommend this site. But for $28.00 you get what you pay for...

Hello Shyam,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your recent experience on the site. We're sorry that the remote technician was unable to resolve the water heater issue that you were experiencing however we are glad to hear that you were able to have the issue resolved.

In looking at your account it does appear that we've issued a full refund for the cost of posting the question in accordance with our satisfaction guarantee.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

After visits by 2 plumbers I was at a loss as to why our Potterton Boiler stopped working consistently. I appreciate that sometimes it is hard to diagnose a fault without seeing it for yourself. But that is what these experts are there for right? I described the problem and that we had two plumbers who could not figure out the problem. I was asked to make a contribution before I could get the answer. I am not sure how much I said I would be willing to pay but next thing I know they have deducted £27. I still felt this was worth spending the money so I did not have to pay for more plumbers wasting my time. I got the answer from the 'expert' and called another plumber and paid him £95. I game him the 'experts' solution and he said that was not the problem.

Finally I went back to the manufacturer, paid for a one year equipment insurance (£300) and got the product specialist in. He resolved the problem in 30 minutes but the problem was not as identified by Justanswer.com. I went back to the 'expert' and told him the problem was fixed and it was not as identified by him. His reaction was, "Congratulations on getting your boiler fixed. You are not obliged to take my advice." That might be true if I wasn't paying for this advice but to get it wrong and still expect to be paid? They may be good experts helping people every 9 seconds or whatever they claim but my experience with Justanswer was very poor.

Hello Bob,

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due. In looking at your question about the turn signal, it appears that you rated the response from the Mechanic as Excellent.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Buyer beware! JustAnswer.com does not advertise their prices upfront and deceptively lures consumers in with a $5.00 initial fee which can, as other reviewers have complained, can be quite expensive. To make it worse, they have a policy stating: "The funds are not transferred to the Expert's account until after the customer has given their answer a positive rating. Customers may request a prompt refund up to 30 days after payment if they have not given a positive rating and are unhappy with the answer."

But the consumer is asked to give a rating on the expert's answer, NOT on their satisfaction with JustAnswer.com or their billing practices. The way it is set up, I assume most people answer the question about the expert long before they see their bank statement and realize how much they've been charged. Just because someone is happy with an employee (or an associate) of a company, doesn't mean they are satisfied with company as a whole. People who have grievances with a company should be able to seek recourse. In other words, just because you like the answer doesn't mean you like the deceptive billing practice or the extremely high charges imposed without proper notification or justification.

Resolution response: July 24, 2016

I have sent an answer to JustAnswer. After my complaint, I did not expect to hear any more of this matter. However much to my surprise, I received a prompt reply from JustAnswer with an apology and a refund. Once again I state I really cannot find my way around a computer so I have replied to them with thanks and delight that this company responded so promptly to resolve my complaint. I do hope I have sent it to the right section!!! I am writing here so that both JustAnswer and Consumer Affairs will know that I am impressed with the prompt and satisfying result. Thank you.

Hello Fayette,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. It looks like you accepted a free trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service.

Since you have expressed that you do not wish to keep the membership we have cancelled the recurring billing and processed a refund for the charge.

We will reach out to you privately regarding the question charge to resolve any other concerns about your account.

- Adam

Original review: July 19, 2016

Being an older person and not very computer literate I needed some information about a television that I was having a problem with. Unfortunately I found the site JustAnswer and I am no wiser re the television and I am a lot poorer. I can understand the $5 joining fee... But seeing I got a less than useful answer... once only to my knowledge I fail to understand why I have been charged $48 for a useless piece of information and charged again $53 for what. Perhaps because I am not very good on the computer. Perhaps I pressed a button not realising that I was going to be charged for nothing. What a ripoff...

JustAnswer.com

Hello Judith, thank you for the feedback you have provided. We're very sorry if you felt you were bombarded with choices to join. I can confirm that you have not enrolled in any of our membership plans at this time.

When a customer posts a question on our site, there is a pricing page where they agree to our terms of service and how much they are willing to pay for a helpful answer. Customers using a credit card will generally be charged a $5 deposit, with the remainder amount being charged when an Expert responds on their question page. The funds are not transferred to the Expert's account until after the customer has given their answer a positive rating. Customers may request a prompt refund up to 30 days after payment if they have not given a positive rating and are unhappy with the answer.

If you require further information about how our site works, or if you need assistance from our customer care center, please send an email to support@justanswer.com.

Best regards,
Maureen

Senior Customer Support Specialist

Original review: July 9, 2016

I was disgusted to be bombarded with choices to join and spend more and more money on my card. At that time I wanted to cancel before I got an answer but was locked in and they went ahead and charged the card the original $5.00 but then due to being locked in, they apparently need no further permission to continue. Being held prisoner and being a senior citizen was horrible. Unless this company makes you give permission on each charge before charged, do not go there and be trapped trying to make you spend more and more money joining them before you even got an answer to your question. Very bad setup. Like a steel trap. They sent an email that they charged me so I am a verified buyer... Reluctantly but hopefully they don't clean out my credit card. Trapping people is horrible.

Hello Ramon,

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

In looking at your account I can see that the agents that you spoke to were only able to process a refund for $28.00 because you had already processed the rest of the refunds on your account yourself through our help page.

Original review: July 5, 2016

JustAnswer.com advertise $5 for one question. I made a question about how to clean camera sensor. They sent me a PDF manual book of my camera, which I owned. Charged me $70. After several back and forth calls they decided give me refund of $28. I lost $52. Never again.

Hello Shelia,

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

In looking at your account it appears that the remaining charge has been refunded.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I asked a question and received the pop-up window that said in big bold letters there would be a $5 fee for my question. I looked at my bank statement and there was a $29 fee charged before and in addition to the $5 fee. Customer service advised me that my question was answered and the fee was $34, the $5 was just a deposit.

I will never use the company again - they have broken my trust. Using misleading information in order to make money is not an ethical way to transact business. If they would have been upfront about the fee on the screen that asked me for my credit card information I would have been able to make an informed decision. I read the screens thinking there had to be more to it. I didn't see the $5 deposit, $34 per question rate anywhere! The problem isn't even the $34 per question. It is the deceptive practice to get the $34. Don't manipulate me out of my money, let me give it to you willingly. Bad business move on their part. You can give people their money back - but it is difficult to repair a reputation of being untrustworthy. I wish I would have read all of the other reviews before I clicked on their link.

Hello Syed,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like you accepted a free trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. I have opted you out of the membership and will contact you about your account.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Original review: July 2, 2016

After checking several statements, I found that the following transaction is repeated continuously. But I had only one online transaction in March 2016 of US $28.00 with your site. JUSTANSWER EXPERTHLP 877-604-3160 US. In March, you have charged my credit card for 03 times. In April again on 22nd with the same transaction number. In May again, and finally in 22nd June again!! This is surprising and very disappointing.

Hello Clint,

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due of $23, however, the Expert isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

In looking at your account it appears that you were bale to contact customer support for a refund.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be further assistance.

Original review: June 27, 2016

I seen this website offering answers for 5$, except the following day I wake up to find not only did they take the 5$, they took an extra 23$. I made it absolutely clear all I was willing to authorize was the 5$ which was ignored and billed another 23$ anyway. Buyer beware.

JustAnswer.com Company Profile