4.5/5 (466 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer lets you talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. The company connects customers with verified and vetted experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

Top JustAnswer.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Verified

It can with all honestly say that various people were involved with my query and it was solved so quickly that I was really surprised. Because here in South Africa it was morning ...

Verified

Money well spent for phone conversation. I was given valuable info, advice and encouragement. My boy is fine now. Thank you so much. You folks are the best. I will be using your s...

What is JustAnswer?

JustAnswer partners with experts in multiple fields to answer your questions quickly. Get started with JustAnswer by creating an account on the company's website. JustAnswer offers all new customers a free seven-day trial that lets you test its website and services before committing to a membership. Once you create an account, you get 24/7 access to experts in more than 150 categories.

JustAnswer partners with verified doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, mechanics and other professionals to give you quality, one-on-one advice. JustAnswer pairs you with an expert based on the topic of your question and gives you an unlimited back-and-forth conversation until you have an answer. All of JustAnswer’s experts go through an eight-step verification process, third-party screening and training.

JustAnswer’s average expert response time is six minutes, and the company notifies you by email or text when your question has a response. If you’re not satisfied with your expert’s advice or want another opinion, JustAnswer gives you a free second opinion from a different expert.

What do JustAnswer members receive?

JustAnswer members have access to:

• Free questions and answers
  • 24/7 access to experts
  • Exclusive members-only app for iPhone and Android
  • Two free phone calls with experts (iOS only)
  • The Library of Experts

Because JustAnswer is a public forum, all questions are posted on the website’s dashboard and can be accessed by anyone. However, JustAnswer does allow its users to remain anonymous and guarantees the protection of user privacy.

JustAnswer categories

• Consumer electronics
  • Tax questions
  • Relationships
  • Finance

How much does JustAnswer cost?

JustAnswer charges users a $5 base price to post a question. Any additional charges you incur show up on the page where you enter your payment information. You can review your fees and payments by logging into your JustAnswer account and clicking on “Order History.”

Is JustAnswer legit?

JustAnswer is an online public forum that lets you get answers from industry experts. For a relatively small price, you’re able to get advice from people qualified in multiple fields. If you’re searching for help in any of the company's 150-plus categories, JustAnswer provides valuable resources and qualified assistance.

JustAnswer.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Issue: A restaurant/bar asked to "see my ID", as I was entering, then quickly ran it thru a scanner without asking or telling me. I couldn't get it back. Who knows where your full name, address, height, weight, Photo and license # will end up? This was not a "dive bar" btw. The next day I returned, conveying identity theft and privacy concerns to the owner, and asked for either the return of the copy of my ID to me, or the deletion of it from his system. He refused. Claimed he "keeps it 30 days then deletes it." Yeah, sure...he can do whatever he wants with it; so can the cooks, bussers, bartenders...no one regulates this! And, why does any restaurant/bar need to keep an image of your private ID for 30 days?! That's when I turned to a "Just Answer" attorney.

Apparently, businesses have the right to do this! I think we will see more of this, just to have dinner in a restaurant. Where are OUR rights? They are free to sell your private data and the image of your ID to anyone, including on the dark web. Then criminals are free to make fake IDs from it, sell it to identity thieves, etc... This is big business! Next time someone asks to "see" your ID, better ask if they plan to scan it. Unless you're at the DMV, airport, employer... you may want to refuse and go somewhere else. Once they copy it, you are at risk. Thank you Just Answer for advising me of the facts!

JustAnswer.com response

I am happy you had a good experience with the JustAnswer Legal Expert.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

My Service Dog injured his nail severely and I gave basic first aid care but wanted to confirm that I could give ** and how much for pain until he could see his vet the next morning. I was connected very quickly with the vet and he was very caring and gave me confirmation that my first aid was correct and of medicine I could give as well as dosage, also confirmed that there would be no interaction with current medication. I was told I could contact him directly if I had any other issues or questions through the evening and in the morning he checked that Jackson was doing ok. I was happy to let the vet know later that he was on antibiotics and pain medication and that he would be sedated and have the entire nail removed as it was severely damaged. I would highly recommend if you have a situation or question that does not require emergency vet care.

JustAnswer.com response

Appreciate you sharing all this and that you for the recommendation! I hope your pup is doing better. :)

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

He gave me a few ideas as to what was wrong with my refrigerator which I appreciated. I paid $2 to speak to someone and then noticed a charge of $40. I didn’t know about the charge and found it to be a bit high. I believe the advice I get from Norcold should be free since I paid a lot of money for my trailer and their product is defective.

Hello Debbie,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Upon reviewing your account, the offer you accepted when you posted your question was for CA$2 + CA$40. The CA$2 is for a sign up fee while the CA$40 is payment for 30 days of asking questions on the site in any category, where renewal of the membership can be cancelled at any time.

Here's a list of over 100 categories that are covered by the membership program where you have all kinds of verified Experts at your fingertips:

To cancel or learn more about your membership and billing cycle, visit: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited.

If you have other questions regarding our service, please reply to this email and I’d be happy to help.

Regards,

Vanessa
    JustAnswer Customer Care

VanessaVC@justanswer.com or 1-800-808-0645 ext 18

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The interaction with the technician was great. Very professional and experienced. Most of the communication was texting by mobile phone. I realized afterward that the technician's phone number was from California and I will be charged extra on my mobile bill because I don't have free texting to USA. It is disappointing that I wasn't made aware that I was texting to USA. I would like to know how to avoid this in future. Thanks

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we're glad to hear that your Expert was able to assist you.

We wanted to let you know that you can ask as many follow-up questions, free of charge, when engaging with an Expert on the JustAnswer website. To reply to your Expert with follow up questions, login to your account, visit your question page, and enter your comments in the Reply To Your Expert box at the bottom of the page and just click 'Reply' to post the comments to your Expert.

In the meantime, if you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,

Vanessa
    JustAnswer Customer Care

VanessaVC@justanswer.com or 1-800-808-0645 ext 18

Original review: June 29, 2022

Rushed my cat to the 24-hour vet hospital when I realized he was ODed on his traveling sedative about nine hours after the last dose. The instructions were blurry and partially illegible because another liquid sedative leaked on label plus my truck's interior lighting isn't the brightest. l His symptoms were startling and dramatically more profound than when he exited the truck so much so that that the last time I'd seen cats with some similar symptoms they were irreversibly dying. Soooo...arriving at the hospital I was shocked and grief stricken...to find it had no vets on duty. Staff said another SHOULD be open (and staffed with a vet?) about 40 minutes away and also mentioned a couple of on-line companies dealing with veterinary and related poisoning issues. I decided to return home (seven minutes away), jump on the computer, and contacted this company which staff recommended I contact first.

Started the chat conversation, gave my credit card info, some preliminary questions to initially sort my case's symptoms/condition, and chatting with the vet went quickly. However, I realized a phone call would be much simpler and quicker--another charge, but worth it to me. The vet's opinions allayed my fears (which turned out to be correct), saved me a 40 minute cross town trip, and saved me the normal expenses of what I've come to expect from an after hours facility--minimally $180. Additionally, my chat line was 'left open' about 12 hours and monitored in case my cat's condition worsened or for additional discussion. A final query about his condition was pleasantly surprising and appreciated. This website is now another medical resource for especially after hour vet care. REALLY happy about this experience!

JustAnswer.com response

That is so scary. We are available 24/7 if you need. I hope your cat is feeling better. Let us know if you have more questions!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

My agent, Ren, was informative and extremely helpful. He answered a question about my equipment that a rep from another company did not. He also provided me with links for downloading files and was extremely patient when I informed him that I wasn't very familiar with performing a hard drive replacement.

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad you had a great experience speaking with the JustAnswer Expert Ren. Let us know if you have more questions in the future.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

André R. - an HVAC technician walked me through so professionally that I was able to find the issue and fix the furnace myself. He was very patient and explained what needed to be done step by step. Every time I completed a step I would send him a picture to make sure I did it correctly. As a result I saved $880 (amount my local furnace repair person requested) minus JustAnswer membership and $16 I spent to buy the part on Amazon.

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad the JustAnswer Expert helped you step by step to fix your furnace. It's great to hear your saved all that money. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions in the future.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Thank you for answering my question about my dog, Maya. It really helped us figure out what she needed to properly care for care. Times are tough so I was unable to take her to the actual vet. You told me everything I needed to know

JustAnswer.com response

Awesome to hear. I am glad you had a great experience and that your pup is doing well.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I was pleased with your help in setting up my computer. I was able to get my computer up and running the next day. That's pretty much it. I'm a 70-year-old senior who is being dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming, so any help with anything tech related is always a good thing.

JustAnswer.com response

I am glad the JustAnswer Tech Expert helped you set up your computer. Let us know if you have more questions in the future.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

The person I talk to on the phone was so helpful with my questions and problems on rear brakes not catching after installing new parts. I have started to work on my wife’s 79 GMC Jimmy but this weekend I’ll be working on it, thank you.

JustAnswer.com response

Great to hear! Let us know if you have questions when you start working on your wife's car.

JustAnswer.com Company Information