Get Started

2. Miscellaneous

4.7/5 (705 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer is the best way to talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. We connect customers with verified and vetted Experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services. Our mission is simple: we help people.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

Top JustAnswer.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

It can with all honestly say that various people were involved with my query and it was solved so quickly that I was really surprised. Because here in South Africa it was morning ...

Verified

Money well spent for phone conversation. I was given valuable info, advice and encouragement. My boy is fine now. Thank you so much. You folks are the best. I will be using your s...

What is JustAnswer?

JustAnswer partners with experts in multiple fields to answer your questions quickly. Get started with JustAnswer by creating an account on the company's website. JustAnswer offers all new customers a free seven-day trial that lets you test its website and services before committing to a membership. Once you create an account, you get 24/7 access to experts in more than 150 categories.

JustAnswer partners with verified doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, mechanics and other professionals to give you quality, one-on-one advice. JustAnswer pairs you with an expert based on the topic of your question and gives you an unlimited back-and-forth conversation until you have an answer. All of JustAnswer’s experts go through an eight-step verification process, third-party screening and training. If you’re not satisfied with your expert’s advice or want another opinion, JustAnswer gives you a free second opinion from a different expert.

JustAnswer’s average expert response time is six minutes, and the company notifies you by email or text when your question has a response. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if your question isn’t answered, its employees work with you to get an answer or give you a full refund.

What do JustAnswer members receive?

JustAnswer members have access to:

• Free questions and answers
  • 24/7 access to experts
  • Exclusive members-only app for iPhone and Android
  • Two free phone calls with experts (iOS only)
  • The Library of Experts

Because JustAnswer is a public forum, all questions are posted on the website’s dashboard and can be accessed by anyone. However, JustAnswer does allow its users to remain anonymous and guarantees the protection of user privacy.

JustAnswer categories

• Consumer electronics
  • Tax questions
  • Relationships
  • Finance

How much does JustAnswer cost?

JustAnswer charges users a $5 base price to post a question. Any additional charges you incur show up on the page where you enter your payment information. You can review your fees and payments by logging into your JustAnswer account and clicking on “Order History.”

Is JustAnswer legit?

JustAnswer is an online public forum that lets you get answers from industry experts. For a relatively small price, you’re able to get advice from people qualified in multiple fields. If you’re searching for help in any of the company's 150-plus categories, JustAnswer provides valuable resources and qualified assistance.

JustAnswer.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Our 10 year old dog had chronic diarrhea with a significant amount of bright red blood in it (and on his fur following each session). It was a weekend so I contacted this site and emailed/texted with a vet who, after learning we did not wish to get him to the emergency vet clinic in town, recommended getting some anti-diarrhea liquid which we were able to obtain through Petco. We started him on it immediately and, after 2 days, it was pretty much cleared up (he was on his third day of the diarrhea). I didn't even know that existed, but we will now have it in our house and our dogs' first aid kit. We took him in to our regular vet today so that he could be thoroughly checked out to make sure we weren't overlooking something serious (the blood and amount was scary) and, after bloodwork and exam, he was fully cleared as being healthy.

They did give us some non-liquid medication for his diarrhea as well as some digestive medicine (probiotic) and I know we'll get an even better night's sleep tonight. I appreciate the JustAnswer vet's advice and calming approach very much and felt reassured we were okay waiting a day (contacted on Sunday) so he could see his own vet. Thank you so much for the expertise!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I just moved to a small town and could not find a vet to take my cat to for an emergency. She hadn’t been feeling good for 2 days and the only appt I could get was 4 days out and they were reluctant to take a new customer. (I really hate this town). So I went online looking for answers and found Just Answer where for $30 I could actually speak to a vet or a vet tech.

I got a Vet named Dr. ** and he was there immediately after giving my info to the tech. I even sent in pictures to show exactly what we were dealing with. He walked me thru how to treat my cat who apparently just had an abscess burst and there was blood everywhere. I got her cleaned up and treated even though I couldn’t get to a vet for 2 more days. Now that the 2 days are here, she is fine. So they saved me hundreds of $$ for the cost of a bath and a healing patch. I did bring her food and water for a couple days, but she is happy and sassy again. This is the best way to handle emergency situations, in my opinion. Thank you, Dr. **!

Original review: March 16, 2021

I contacted JustAnswer about my cat having sneezing episodes and jerking episodes, not twitching, on a Saturday night after my usual vet told me I couldn't get an appt. until Tuesday. I had never experienced this with a cat before, and I thought I might have to go to an emergency animal clinic. However, thanks to JustAnswer, which is available 24 hours a day, I was able to converse with a professional cat vet named Erin who had 15 years of experience. Erin responded to my initial question or concern within probably 30 minutes. Once we started conversing, all of our conversations happened in real time, meaning no delays.

I had her full attention. We had a full-on dialogue about my concerns both via texts and then on the phone. That meant the world to me, and I was able to sleep peacefully that night after being reassured it was more than likely a cold with a little bit of congestion. The jerking was just due to my cat tensing up. A couple of days have passed now, and my cat is doing a lot better. I just needed to let the cold run its course, just as the vet said. All I did was wipe my cat's nose with a warm washcloth a few times to help her out. No emergency room visit was necessary, and no antibiotics needed to be prescribed. Thank you Erin at JustAnswer!

Original review: March 12, 2021

I don't know about anyone else but me I constantly have questions that I need answered now- not in 24-72 business hours but right now! Just Answer does that for me! I think of all of them like friends that I can call when I need advice - plus BONUS!- They are all educated professionals so I get accurate honest answers to questions that I can direct towards professionals that are educated and experienced in the field in which my question needs to be answered!!

I use this app more than any app on my phone because it has replaced google because it takes the guesswork or the footwork outta finding answers like I would have to using Google - and when it comes to mechanical issues with my vehicles I no longer have to hunt thru millions of the wrong videos just to finally find the correct one to do my repairs- just answer mechanics have years of experience and can attach diagrams and step by step repairs just like trained professionals use at any dealership or repair shop would use! I really don't know how I ever survived without this app and I'm not surprised that I stumbled across it at a time when I couldn't find the help I needed in the moment I required it! Just answer was there for me and nothing no one can top that!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My dog had a nose injury that I wanted some advice on. I didn't think much could be done about it but during my google search I stumbled upon Just Answer (Vet Services) and thought I would give it a try because I didn't want a costly vet bill just to look at it. I told them the problem, they asked me several questions about the dog and her situation.

The cost to speak to a vet was a reasonable $5. I am always hesitant to provide a credit card online but decided to go ahead. They put me in contact with a vet and she asked me more questions, I sent her pictures and she made some recommendations about what to do and provided a link to the best product for cleaning and disinfecting the wound. We went back and forth and I was satisfied with the advice and recommended course of action, which I will follow. It was a 7 day trial so I have a week to follow up with the vet which I will do. The $5 charge showed up on my card and I am happy with the service I received.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

On June 3rd of 2021, I noticed a charge from JustAnswer for $60 and called to inquire as to who they are and what do they do. I explained to them that I am not interested in their services and specifically told them that they DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO EVER CHARGE MY DEBIT CARD AGAIN. At the end of the conversation, I assumed that would be that. Not so, on August 3rd of 2021, JustAnswer again charged my debit card for $60 and since has refused to issue me a refund telling me over and over every, single time I call that they will have the non-existent, illusional fraud department call me. Nothing has been done.

It has been over 30+ days now and I have yet to be issued a refund when they have committed fraud by charging my card when they did not have authorization to do so. I would strongly advise anyone that is wanting to utilized this company...DON'T DO IT. Once you give them your card information for payment they will continue to charge your card, even fraudulently committing credit card theft, when you cancel them and tell them that they are no longer allowed to charge your card. This company doesn't even deserve a 1-star rating from me however, we are not allowed to leave -negative stars.

JustAnswer.com response

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we apologize for any frustration.

In looking at your account and the history of contact, it does appear that you had emailed us on 6/5/2021 about the account and that we had responded to you explaining your use and the charge. It does not appear that in the last 3 months we have received a reply to that email, nor a call to our support team from the phone number listed on the account.

We can confirm at this time, that your membership billing is off and that you will not see any further charges. We will also reach out to you privately to gather any information on any other contact attempts that you made.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us from the contact Us link on the website if needed, or send an email to support@justanswer.com.

Regards,

JustAnswer customer Care

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I had a problem setting up a piece of complex equipment and within one day I was emailed a explanation on how it should be done. I could have called if it needed more help. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

The doctor asked pointed, relevant questions before providing advice. This was a quick process and answers were provided within minutes. I would recommend this site if you are wanting a 'second opinion'. The advice given supported what my daughter suspected and gave her the information she needs to actively pursue appropriate help for her back injury.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My situation involved misrepresentation by a seller of a motor vehicle. The Just-Answer Lawyer gave me advice as to how I might proceed. He patiently answered every question, time after time. I recommend Just Answer to any person who need professional assistance but cannot afford highly fees of such professional.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Crime victim seeking plaintiff attorney dealing in white-collar crimes/domestic violence/internet crimes.. Gave me a clear direction as to where to begin seeking assistance... Though I probably won't be doing anything specifically at this very moment... He gave me a idea of how to proceed with a multitude of complex issues at hand.

JustAnswer.com Company Information