4.82/5
  • 1 star
Based on 134 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

599 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The doctor that answered my question about my sons lab work was great! He replied quickly and in terms that abnormal parent could understand. We had been on edge since our son had ecoli and the lab results were up and down and very hard to interpret. The doctor put us at ease. This service is truly a great service!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I have two e-mail accounts: ** (primary) and **, which I hardly ever use. Although Outlook is my default server most incoming e-mails were diverted to Gmail. Even though Gmail was set to forward all incoming mails to Outlook, automatically, it failed to do so. In FIVE separate sessions, their technical support failed to resolve the problem. Despite some connection problems, JustAnswer's expert, Kamil ** did so in a single session.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Nice historical discussion of aquatint and John Audubon. The discussion was written in 25 minutes and was well done. The range of values from auction to retail looks very reasonable and obtainable. Would like an insurance appraisal but not possible without physical observation. That was discussed with using State Farm as an example.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Oven wouldn't heat up and after checking everything I could see I went online to just ask and they connected me with Billy. He informed me there was another heating element hidden in the side of the oven and how to get to it. I found a wire had come loose. After reconnecting oven is working.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I had started to fill out my social security application back in July 2017. I didn't send it out at that time. I needed to find the application on the social security web site. Very difficult to navigate. You found it for me in one minute, submit it, all set.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I had a few question for a lawyer before sending my docs in for filing and recording. Michael ** was super helpful, answered all my questions and even reviewed my docs for me before sending them out. He was patient and helpful and made himself available until my questions were fully resolved. Great Service! Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Diagnosed my washing machine fault and probable cause. Resulting in my power company paying for the repairs. Replied to my question the same evening. So I was tempted to go for the fast reply option but there was no need.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Dodge no start problem - Explained to Amedee my problem. He guided me what wires to check. Truck is running. Customer is happy. I have used this program before and am sure I will use it again. I worker on this truck for 5 days with no progress. Amedee solved the problem in less than half an hour. THANK YOU Amedee.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Rarewares via JustAnswer answered my questions quickly, professionally and thoroughly. I have a “circa 1830 Empire period flame mahogany gentleman's dresser” that I had been completely unable to identify until now. Thank you. This service was well worth the money!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I stumbled on to JustAnswer trying to make sense of a Skype Subscription. I was dissatisfied with the outcome and made my dissatisfaction known to JustAnswer. They remedied my complaint within a very short time. I am now much more confident using and recommending JustAnswer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

2002 Buick Regal GS dim panel lights or no panel lights at night - Chris did an excellent job of pointing me in the right direction. He also provided me with a circuit diagram to show me where to check and what the probable source of the problem is. Now, I need to find a new headlight switch. Good service, appreciated the prompt response.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Outstanding experience, I couldn’t be happier! Woke to house temp in 50’s, thought it was the thermostat so I Googled around for the brand and model and ended up on JustAnswer. I had used once before, 4 yrs ago, thought why not? After taking care of administrative preliminaries, I was online chatting with repair tech Kcrand36 who walked me through the required system checks to a solid diagnosis I was able to confirm when I pulled the part out and got a better look at it and observed that it had cracked. With the OEM part # I had part ordered online and will install myself when it arrives tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Although it took nearly two hours, Cody kept working until he solved the problem. Awesome! Even when his internet connection failed, he continued to make sure he got reconnected with me. His tenacity, knowledge, and skills made this a successful experience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

On behalf of myself and family we want to thank the kind and knowledgeable man that helped and guided me the process of clearing the air out of our waterlines and getting the heat back on for us. It has been a great experience with JustAnswer! We would highly recommend your company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Windows 10 Firewall problem. Bryan was of immense help - he talked me through pinning the problem down, helped me narrow down the problem and ultimately fix it. He was very patient and responded to all my insecurities in a most professional manner. Good Job!!!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I have never been so angry about an online experience as the one I had at JustAnswer.com. I felt so rip offed and taken advantage of by them. I usually would not use a place like this, but I was in terrible pain after an intense back procedure and this site advertised that I could ask a neurologist a question. After I asked the question it then asked for $5 from my PayPal account to get the answer. I figured. Ok, this seems odd that a neurologist is working for $5 an answer but I am suffering. So, I clicked it, then it asked for $48 to join their membership, where you can ask questions all month & give them $48 every month. I unclicked that box.

Soooo, my question goes through to an odd looking little guy that says something like Dr. **, Neurologist, under his pic. He asks, "How old are you? Do you want to talk live for $50?" Wow! I told them how old I was right in my question, so he obviously didn't read it and my question was one that could be answered w/o a call - first thing just trying for $$$. He looked sketchy, so I asked, "Are you actually a neurologist?" It was important to me as my question was about nerve damage & that's why I was willing to pay to ask. He said no!! Even though it said so all over the site and under his photo.

I told him that I thought the site was a ripoff and was going to complain. The next day he offered a one sentence answer to my question that was ridiculous. I had already offered that answer as a possibility in my question. I got better more detailed help on Wikipedia. When I went to Customer Service to complain - I found out they had enrolled me in the $48 membership even though I didn't sign up for it. UGH. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHAM OF A BUSINESS! They are out to wring your $ from you for information you can easily find on your own much faster. Stupid & conniving. Please don't let them use you.

Hello Robbie,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered with the doctor and the payment confusion. It looks like your question was posted to the General Medical category which is why you received a reply from an internist but the Expert should have referred the question to Customer Care to find you a Neurologist if that's what you were looking for, so we'll follow up with him about that.

In checking your account I can see that you were able to process your own refund for the question through the use of the Self help tool. I can also see that you were never signed up for the membership program but I apologize if there was any confusion around that offer.

We do hope that you've been able to get the assistance that you needed for your medical issue, it can often be helpful to set up a follow-up appointment with your doctor or the clinic that performs a procedure in order to ask questions about any complications.

If you need any further assistance with your JustAnswer account or if we can be of any further assistance in anyway, do not hesitate to reach back out and we're happy to help.

Sincerely,

Adam Roesel - Customer Support Supervisor.

Resolution response: Dec. 15, 2017

Issue was resolved - Customer support representative - Adam * - was very helpful. thank you for your time!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

They were timely their response. But obviously did not have any idea what they were talking about with my issue. Told me that my current OS System did not support the program I inquired about. After doing some more research on my own I was able to resolve my issue.

Hi Gregory,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the response form the Expert that responded to you but I'm glad that you were able to get your issue resolved.

We'll reach out to you privately to gather some more details about the reply that you received and if needed we can get a refund processed for you.

If you need anything further, don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I was on a live chat with a CS assistant to redirect me to a doctor who could answer my questions. I was asked a some questions to assess my situation. I was asked a deposit of 5 USD to continue chatting while they are redirecting to a doctor and suddenly my connection crashed. I was waiting to load the page but it did not come back to the chat lines. I was charged for another 32 USD approximately after an hour. Without getting any questions answered not even talking to any doctor! I'm sure they can track my log from the account number I entered. I need to know how to get my refund as this is unacceptable.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear about any frustration that you experienced.

It looks like the issue here might have been rooted in not understanding how to navigate the site. We'll reach out to you to get you back on track and connected with the doctor that responded to you.

In the mean time, if you need any more assistance from our Customer Care team or have any other questions about the site or your account, please reach out to us by phone at 1-800-509-5721 or by email at support@justanswer.com

Regards,

No response received
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I asked a question about Canadian privacy laws and was directed to a lawyer who said they could answer my question. They did but with less detail than I felt comfortable with so I requested a second opinion. That second opinion was assigned to another lawyer but I never got a response. I chatted with a customer service representative who apologized and put the question in the priority sequence. Two days later and the question was still not answered. I chatted with another customer service representative and they offered to move it into another priority level but, by then, I was done and canceled my account.

Hello Jayson,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm sorry that you didn't get a response to your request for a second opinion. We can definitely take a look at what happened here and see if we can get you a response form another Expert.

I'll reach out to you privately to see if you still need help and what else we can do to make this a better experience for you.

Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team if you need any further assistance with your account.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I had a basic legal query and clicked on a site promising a response for $5. I was directed to PayPal and after clicking okay I realised that the charge was A $66. I queried this via email and requested a refund. I received no response so emailed again requesting a refund. I have received no response at all despite the promises of 100% satisfaction. I am extremely dissatisfied with this and feel that I have been conned. I have tried to communicate again with JustAnswer a few moments ago and they are trying to charge me again. Clearly this is a means to extract money from people without offering a proper service.

Hello Beverly,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion regarding the billing. The $5.00 deposit is charged once you post the question and the remainder deposit is processed once you receive a response from an Expert.

I was able to locate your account and in looking at the question it appears that you did receive several replies from a solicitor however it seems that you entered your email address incorrectly which is why you were not notified of the responses.

We'll reach out to you privately to have this issue resolved for you and get your refund processed.

Please let us know if you need anything further and we're happy to help.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

They charged me $5 then said they were in charge me $39 for answer within 12 minutes. They did not do so. I agreed to the $5 charge and never got an answer after that for an hour so I disputed the charge. Shame on them.

Hello Cristal,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this experience and I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to access the answer that you came to us for.

In looking at your account, it appears that the reason that we weren't able to charge you was that your bank had declined the charge. We will reach out to you privately to go over the details and see if we can find a work around for this issue for you.

In the meantime if you need to reach out to Customer Support we can be reached 24 hours a day at support@justanswer.com or by calling 1-800-509-5721.

Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I did not know such service existed!!! I can only recommend. Top Gun assistance. I am in France. Wondering if any "French" services exists? I guess it is based on the culture of the country. Glad to be Australian. We are returning home soon to Australia. I guess this service is also accessible from Down Under.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My dog ate 350 mg of ** and I needed guidance. She looked great although the emergency vet said I needed to rush her in. The direction I was given was helpful and gave me peace of mind. This was well worth 19 dollars to not rush my pup in! As a health professional I was amazed at how confident and comfortable I felt with his recommendations for her care.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Brought up the back of my dryer in a video in less than 3 minutes and I watched and actually followed instructions. I was able to get the back off and clean out the ducts on dryer and had it done it less than 45 minutes. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Eric helped me with our Wordpress & shared with me on how I could do it myself next time. His response was fast & easy. I was able to complete my project on time. I now feel more confident in Wordpress. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I needed a small part for a repair on a Winnebago shower door and was having difficulty in obtaining it. The technician tracked down a supplier that had the part available for shipping to me. He supplied me with a phone number and the part is en route to me now.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

HP printer was locked by a ink system failure. I received help to resolve the problem by Mr. Md. **. Printer is doing fine. I rate the system a 10. When I cleaned the heads of the printer, I noticed that only the magenta cartridge was dirty compared to the other 3, so I replaced it and the printed fired up immediately.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I had a simple question (Water Temperature), but could not find the answer in either my owner's information or on the internet... I was just about to call a plumber, then I found your website. I submitted my question and had an answer in five minutes. Problem solved.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Any sort of automotive concern can be solved by the experts at JustAnswer. It really is that simple. It costs something and forums are free, but you get what you pay for talking to guaranteed experts. Good help.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

8 month old Mastiff peeing blood - Fantastic service. Great expert advice. Very happy. Was very surprised. Am going to try the test tomorrow that Dr. ** suggested. Hopefully this test will give us some long awaited results. Got more ideas from Dr. ** than from specialists. Thanks Dr. **.

JustAnswer.com Company Information