4.08/5

JustAnswer.com

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

978 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Contacted fridge dept of JustAnswer with details of problems/paid $5 fee (refundable) and found (a day later) a further fee of $52.00 has been charged to my c/card and still haven't received any response re problem. Contacted Fisher & Paykel who disassociated themselves from anything to do with JustAnswer. I request refund of both the $5.00 and then $52 together with an explanation of how come you did this.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I would never ever sign for Membership with you. All I was looking for was answer for one question. I have paid £5 for what is suppose to be a "free trial" and I have received general information which I could find myself on any other website for free. I went to your site after I have found that £40 has been taken from my account and ask how to cancel this, someone redirect me to some page where there was no instruction or any helpful information how to cancel this. I log to my account and cancel that membership but not received confirmation. I want my money back please. This is fraud!!!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

JustAnswer said $5.00 to talk to an expert Chevy mechanic online or for $35.00 you can talk to them by phone. I elected to talk to the mechanic online. However, JustAnswer billed by banking account for $46.00 for the online answer (which was totally useless and did noting to help with the problem with my son's car).

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I contacted JustAnswer for an "expert" to advise me on a software program. Their experts responded by sending me to different websites with directions to solve my problem. None of these solutions worked. They have no experts. Just people that search the web with your question and send you the results. Waste of money.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

For a $5 trial I was offered to join JUSTANSWER. My question was about a person calling my home to tell me I had just won 7 million dollars from Publishers Clearing House. They knew a lot about me and even gave my Husband a call back number. It was a very convincing phone call asking if I would like the presentation privately or would I like it shown on TV. I was in a hurry for an appointment, so I asked if I could call him back. He said he'd call me in a couple of hours. He did this and I still was not home, but my husband was and even he was convinced until he called back late at night and got a phone disconnected response.

It was then that I asked in an online question about who could tell me if I was scammed. That's when I suggested to contact JustAnswer as a help center for experts. After about a day I did have a person who said he/she was a lawyer and that Publishers Clearing House never called a recipient ahead of time. They always used the Surprise Patrol, and yes I was scammed for some information. I have now been charged a monthly fee of $46.00 TWICE even though I hadn't used them in two months. I'm going to call them tomorrow about this "monthly" billing. Really! I feel like I've been scammed again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had a problem with my LP furnace. I was referred to a billing page where it said I would be charged $5.00 when I got my credit card statement. I was charged $ 5.00, $49.00 for the help, and $54.00 for a membership. When I called for an explanation I was told that I "was confused" and asked if I wanted the terms and conditions read to me!!! Can you believe paying $108.00 to a tech and thinking that would be a reasonable charge. I don't think SOOO! This site is THE biggest ripoff ever. License to print money. MY money GONE. Take my advice and ask anyone else your questions!!! PS. why do I have to rate them 1 star? -5 would be better.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had what turned out to be a simple problem. The "technician" referred me to a billing / help page and said it would charge me a refundable $5. I read it and found that, even if they refunded the $5, they were going to charge me $49 more. No one mentioned that at all so if you didn't read the "fine print", you were out of luck. I don't know what else I was going to charged for but I certainly wouldn't trust them with my credit card information! This is the type of business that ruins online transactions for ethical businesses!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have contacted an immigration lawyer. She told me that she is going to charge me 5 dollars. One week later my bank informed me that they charged me another 46 dollars as monthly fees. I was never told that I will be charged on monthly basis. I contacted their customer service and requested refund and their response was that they cannot make the refund. Dissatisfied. DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH THIS WEBSITE. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS. I WAS ROBBED AND COULD NOT GET BACK MY MONEY.

JustAnswer.com response

Hello Manar,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this issue, we apologize for the confusion.

In looking into your account, it looks like you opted into the membership and posted several Immigration Law questions.

We can also see that you contacted our Customer Care team several days ago and received a refund of all charges. This information was communicated to you via email on 11/9/2018.

If there is any outstanding confusion, plese feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at 1-800-509-5721 or send us an email at Support@justanswer.com

Regards,

JustAnswer Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I noticed on my recent bank statement that this company has taken £40 from what was a £5 trial. What has been committed could be alleged to be a fraudulent act. I have contacted my credit card provider who informs me that you had set up to steal another £40 which is being blocked. Who in their right mind would sign up for £40 a month membership to ask questions and seek advice. Give me my money back.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I asked a question on 22/10, got an acceptable answer, paid £5 by card. On 29/10 I find a withdrawal on my monthly bank statement of £25! Labeled membership! I know nothing about this! I have contacted my bank to block any further transactions. I need to get a refund - fraud is too kind a word!

JustAnswer.com Company Information