2.89/5

JustAnswer.com

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1074 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I tried to call Samsung for a technical question and discovered that it was in fact not Samsung. After speaking with the operator who asked for a $5.00 "refundable fee" I was on hold for a technical support which never came online. To my surprise, a few days after that call I discovered a charge on my account for $38.40. STAY AWAY FROM This company IT IS CRIMINAL AND FRAUDULENT.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Beware, this company and its owners are scamming unsuspecting consumers (a senior, in my case) in the worst way: offering a trial membership ($5.00), giving you 7 DAYS to cancel before converting to a full membership @ $46.00. In fact, JustAnswer's own website advertises that your trial membership "automatically transitions into a full membership AFTER THE 7th DAY". I signed up for the trial ($5.00) on 2/4/19, then cancelled same 6 DAYS later, on 2/10/19, per their advertised terms. I have documentary proof of my cancellation of trial membership on the 6th day, by my email sent to JustAnswer, which will be included in my complaint to the CA Attorney General, Consumer Fraud Division, Federal Trade Commission, BBB and any news media consumer watchdogs I can interest in this story, in the event JustAnswer does not immediately credit my credit card account for the $46.00 fraudulently billed.

Despite my having terminated my trial membership one day short of the advertised 7 days, JustAnswer went ahead and billed me for their permanent membership ($46) on 2/11/19, clearly a deceptive business practice and fraud. A further deception on the part of JustAnswer is that they claim to send out "at least one" notification email notice prior to their upcoming auto-renewal, which they never did - another lie and fraudulent representation on the part of JustAnswer. As anyone can see, this excellent service and website by Consumer Affairs is chock full of complaints by dozens, if not hundreds, of almost identical experiences of fraudulent billing practices on the part of JustAnswer.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have been charged $66.95 for something I did not want or ask for. I paid $5 for a fully refundable deposit, but got no help at all and have now been charged more money. I would like a refund reporting this theft.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry to hear that you didn't find the site to be useful. We'd definitely like to look at your account to get a better idea of the experience that you had.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us page and we'd be happy to look into this. We've also sent a private message here in an attmept to gather more information about your account.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

A totally useless waste of $5 and half an hour of my time. I smelled a scam. Got ZERO effective assistance from two "experts." (The second of the two "experts," one John **, was 100% unhelpful.) Having (too late!) read others' comments, I must now carefully check my CC in case this outfit charges me for services I quite clearly declined.

Hello Guy,

We're sorry to hear that the advice from the Experts was not helpful.

We'd be happy to look into this and make sure that your refund is processed. Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we should be able to pull your account up in about a minute. We've also messaged you here in order to gather more relevant account information.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Do yourself a huge favor and do not use this site. I asked one question last December and they have billed me for absolutely nothing, twice! If you use this site you will pay dearly and will never see a refund. They have scammed me out of $98 and refuse to refund in spite of the fact that I have never used it after my initial question.

Hello Victoria,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this and we're sorry to hear about any frustration that you experienced.

The membership billing does continue after the trial in order to avoid an interruption in service. This is stated on both the billing page where you read about the trial initially, as well, we send out notification E-mails 3-days prior to the membership billing being processed.

You can contact us to cancel at any time to cancel, or cancel from the Help Page.

Please reach out to our Customer care team if you still need any assistance and we're happy to help.

JustAnswer Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Do not use beware!!! Charge 5 dollars question. 25 dollars call not received. 2 payments of 46 for a membership not authorized. Total 122 dollars for no service. Called no refund. Furious these people are cons.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We’re sorry to hear about the billing frustration.

It appears that you were able to get in touch with our Customer Care team and that all of the charges have now been refunded as of yesterday.

If you need any further assistance, please reach out to us again and we’re happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I used this site one time and I will never do it again. I asked a question for $5.00 dollars, gave them my payment info. Then a few weeks later I am getting billed for $46.00. It turns out in the fine print that they automatically sign you up for a membership at $46.00 per month. Scam artists.

Hi Glen,

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Having requested some pertinent information, in the aftermath of a road accident, I believed that the £5 I had paid was for a seven-day trial period of membership. I even got the impression that this sum was refundable, if I was unsatisfied. After a week I did not pursue the matter any further, although I did notice attempts on the part of JustAnswer to maintain a semblance of continual dialog. Ignoring this, and having not indicated any desire or intention to take out a full subscription for the purpose of continuous membership, I was quite flummoxed to discover that my debit card had been charged £40 as a monthly subscription fee! I have had to get my debit card blocked, meantime! Avoid dealing with this type of agency!

Hello Leopold,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion.

The trial membership does roll over into the regular membership at the end of 7 days in order to prevent a lapse in service.

In looking at your account we've been able to get the membership turned off and refunded for you at this time.

Please reach back out to us if you need any further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Difficult to get a cancellation on the trial membership. The computer "expert" I was connected with (and foolishly connected remotely with) was very rude. I keep getting the run-around regarding canceling, and no one is showing up in their help chat for that. I am going to call my debit card to cancel all transactions with them and flag them.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue and we apologize for any frustration you've experienced. Unfortunately there is not enough information in your review to pull up your account.

At your earliest convenience, please reply to me here with the email address that you used to register your account, or, reach out to our Customer Care team so that we can properly assist you in resolving any open concerns.

We can be reached by email or by phone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I don't even remember signing up. I just wanted someone to help me figure out if a few books I have were worth anything. But, it turns out the page is super confusing. You have to input the same information a bunch of times, and everyone that steps up to answer seems to have gotten a different part of the information I submitted. None of the 'experts' seemed to have all the information I continuously was inputting. I was just happy it only cost me $5.00.

Well a week went by and I was getting ready to pay my car insurance when I noticed more than half my deposit was gone! I called my bank but they said since I accepted invoices (the $5.00) from this merchant before, I had to go to them for a refund, not my bank for a dispute. I immediately emailed JustAnswer.com explaining I didn't have enough for my car insurance, it was unintentional to sign up for a membership AND I never received a warning that this so called free trial was expiring. I wrote back very angry and of course they still won't budge! Their responses are condescending and "nothing we can do"! The only answer this site will give you is How can you let your car insurance lapse and not be able to afford groceries within one week's time? Worst experience EVER!

Hello J,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry to hear about the difficulty that you've experienced but we'd be happy to take a closer look at your account and your experience in order to come to a resolution.

We've reached out to you privately to gather some more infomation and locate your account.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

JustAnswer Cusotmer Care