4.63/5

JustAnswer.com

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

View More View More

941 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Well worth the $47 to get concise, direct advice regarding my complicated child custody situation. I got peace of mind and a real answer rather than the conflicting nonsense I got from everyone else involved (who were not lawyers). I will use this again if/when preparing to self-file any motions in the future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I signed up for a single answer for a $5 fee. Of course, a week later a $49 charge shows up on my bank statement. I call billing to get a refund. No, they claim I chose the monthly membership at $49 a month. I assured them I did not. They were kind enough to cancel my membership, but no refund. I have no idea who would sign up for this service at $49 a month. I asked if that was the annual amount...being the dope that I am. Simply, my suggestion is, stay away from JustAnswer!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Was told that for 59 bucks an "Expert " would contact me within a few minutes. I said OK but never received a phone call. I called their 888 number and got nothing but a runaround and vague promises that I would be contacted by phone ASAP. Still waiting for that ASAP call. I wish I had read the reviews first!

Hello William,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry to hear about any delay that you experienced.

Responses typically take just a few minutes but on occasion it can take a little bit longer.

Please reach out to us and we're happy to take another look at what happened to your question, if you never received a reply, we're happy to process a refund for the charge.

We can be reached by responding to this post or, by contacting our Customer Care team at 1-800-509-5721 or, by email at Support@justanswer.com.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I agreed to pay $5 and nothing else. As soon as I was asked to pay more, I left the site. PayPal asked me to text if I wanted to proceed. I didn't but payment ($56) was still taken from me! JUSTANSWER.COM is a rat race and a farce and a scam!!

Hello John,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this, we apologize for any confusion about the cost of the service.

Typically when posting a question to the site there is a $5.00 deposit posted and the remainder of the deposit is processed once you receive a reply.

In looking at your account, it appears that because you were using PayPal at the payment method, the charge had to be combined into one payment as PayPal does not allow for a deposit and then a second charge.

Customers are notified of this change in billing on the billing page on our site, as well on the PayPal account page where you are required to authorize the charge for a second time.

It does appear that you've rated the mechanic positively and paid him for his assistance with your F-150 question.

If you've got any other questions about your account or the site, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us and we're happy to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

JustAnswer is a scam. I agreed to pay $5 and nothing else. As soon as I was asked to pay more, I left the site. PayPal asked me to text if I wanted to proceed. I didn't but payment ($56) was still taken from me!

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for letting us know about this, we apologize for any confusion.

When paying with PayPal, customers do not have the ability to place the $5.00 deposit and must pay he full question deposit value up front.

In looking at your account I can see that it does not appear that you've viewed the response from the technician and that your $56.00 charge has already been refunded..

If you've got any other questiosn about the site or your acocunt, or if you still need help with your computer, plese reach back out to us at Support@justanswer.com or feel fre eto call our Customer Care team at 1800-679-634 and we're happy to help.

JustAnswer Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Contacted JustAnswer. Bird who indicated they could veterinarian advice as my parrot that was showing signs of illness. Described in detail problem as not possible to get veterinarian advice as limited parrot veterinarian expertise here where I live and problems with the language barrier. Subsequently asked for deposit of $5 which ended up being 30 pounds for further consultation. Received an email with a contact via Webtalk and accepting the invite the contact could not be made.

I contacted JustAnswer again and although I had contacted them the day before and told them I could not contact them via the link I had sent they were again asking all the same questions and surprise surprise wanted another deposit again. Not happy is an understatement. Whether this is a scam I do not know, but it is likely that the bird will die as no advice was given. Although they indicated the monies taken would be refundable I assume I will never see it again.

Hello Dave,

We're sorry to hear about your bird and the delay that it seems that you experienced in receiving a response.

It sounds like you might have had an issue navigating the website and we'd like to take a look at your account to make sure that you do indeed get the help you're looking for, or at the very least a refund for any charge.

Please reach out to us and one of our Customer Care team members will be able to help you out in a matter of minutes. We're available via email at Support@justanswer.com or by phone from the UK at 0808-164-9374.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was looking for a primary Dr as I'm new in IL, the box pop-up & said to state your symptom & get an answer from a DR for $5.00. After that, the "Dr. David" responded & asked for my medical history. Gave a brief one, then he responded that calling me will be better than messaging. He called & can't get to phone right away, called the tel # right back & I got a recording. On 2nd call, missed call, called back & got a recording. Then I received a text from my credit card that my card was charged $5, $38 & $50. On 3rd call I answered & asked him of these charges & he hung up.

I believe this is a scam as I have no way to find out if he was really a Dr as he just said he's Dr. David, tel # **. When I called that tel # twice, I got a recorded message. I never got an answer to my stated problem & when I asked him about all the charges, he just said "forget this call" & he hung up. Do not ever respond or state any medical questions when this pop-ups come on your monitor as it's a SCAM!!!

Hello Delia,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion that you may have experienced.

While you can speak to a licensed physician on the website, the use of the website does not create a doctor/patient relationship between customers and Experts and the conversations with the professionals are intended for information purposes only.

The Doctors on the site cannot prescribe medications or treatments for you and cannot schedule in-office visits for you. If you do need a personal primary care physician, it may be better for you to go through your health insurance provider to seek the full range of services that might be available to you.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we'd be happy to take a look at your experience on the site and resolve any outstanding concerns. We can be reached at Support@justanswer.com or 1-800-509-5721.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Paid my 5 dollars on Sept 4th and waited all day, had to drive 2 hours to the nearest Apple store to get it fixed and today got a message that a tech is currently working on the issue... Yeah thanks but I think 3 days is not good service and a waste! Save your money folks and find an actual expert! This company is just a scam.

He there Angela,

We're sorry to hear about the delay that you experienced in getting a response. We'd love to take a look at your account and see if we can figure out what happened here.

If you didn't get a response in a reasonable amount of time we can either issue a refund for the charge for you or issue your account a credit for the next question on the site.

Please reach out to us at support@justanswer.com or give us a call at 1-800-509-5721 and we'd be happy to lend a hand in resolving any outstanding concerns that you might have.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Called for a part for my Weber grill. Was charged 5.00 which Weber said they waive. Never got an answer. Then was charged an additional $31.00 which they said was for the answer. Called Weber and got the burner for free. They said I would not be charged anything. STAY AWAY. They hope you do not check your credit card! SCAM OPERATION FOR SURE! THIEFS.

Hi there Craig,

We're sorry to hear about the confusion that you experienced.

In looking at your question it looks like you thought we either were Weber or were a part supplier for Weber grills.

Unfortunately, we're not affiliated with Weber in any way and we do not ship parts for any grill maker. We are a professional services, or Question & Answer website. We have Experts in dozens of different fields from Law to Medicine, Vets and Appliance repairmen.

The Experts on the site would be able to help walk you through the replacement of the part once you received it, but we do not sellparts and are not affiliated with any part sellers.

In looking at you account I can see that you were able to get a refund processed for the charge.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we're happy to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I e-mailed JustAnswer at 4:04 PM on September 1, 2018, for help on my Apple PC. Paid the $5.00 and clicked I wanted them to remotely fix my problem for another $39.00. They sent an automated e-mail message. They were working on the problem and would get right back to me. 15 hours later I still had not had a response so called their 800 number and talked with John, who assured they would get back to me in 10-15 minutes. 3 hours later still no response. I eventually called a Comcast technician who came right out and solved my problem in 5 minutes at no charge. In my opinion, JustAnswer is a joke! I do not recommend them!!

Hello Jana,

Thank you for getting I touch with us about this experience. We're sorry to hear about the wait that you endured, that definitely isn't the typical Experience on the site.

We can confirm that it looks like you were not charged for the remote support and that your $5.00 initial deposit was refunded to you on 9/2/2018.

Please accept our apologize for this experience and feel free to reach back out to us if you've got any other questions about the site or your account.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Legal question - Correct answer in a heartbeat. I cannot say enough good about JustAnswer... essential to leading an effective life... like water, sun, exercise. Just Answer is available 24/7. I have relied on their service for over 10 years all aspects of my life. Why would someone NOT use this service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Quick response! Great information! We were put into a predicament that needed expert advice and we received such. We were given choices on contact and ways of personal discussion via phone, which is great to have. I would say that their prices are fair to say the least. Thank you JustAnswer!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Stay away from this company!! Just got my credit card statement and my mind is blown! Contacted JustAnswer to find out about the charges and I was told they don't see these charges in their system! Be aware... This company is a scam! Contacted my bank and disputing the charges! I DID not agree or authorize any of these charges on my card!

Hello Rachell,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion.

It looks like you've contacted us about a charge of $45.17 to your card on 9/1/2018. We wanted to let you know that after reviewing the communication between yourself and the Customer Care agent it doesn't appear that the charge that you contacted us about was originated at JustAnswer.

We've reached out to you privately to discuss the matter and gather some more information if possible and we'd be happy to follow this up with you as soon as we hear back.

Please also feel free to reach back out to our Customer Care team 24/7 at Support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Vet was very helpful, prompt responding. I have a senior female dog, her issues were concerning and the help and advice I received was spot-on. She even followed up the next day, once in a.m., then in afternoon. Truly appreciate!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

This company should be in school books describing how good business should be. Many Thanks. It was not fast as I expected but fair and great answer I received. I recommend anyone who is looking for quickest answer or recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had 1 inch to 3 inch branches that got terribly wet and I needed assistance on how to dry them to make ornaments for the holidays. Time was the issue, and I typed in my issue, JustAnswer did help me with how to dry out the branches.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Dr. David is the best. Sure wish he is my regular physician. He conversed with me several times and I know I sure got my money's worth for five dollars. Thanks to Dr. David for healing my worried mind and his thoughtful insight.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I was having a problem with my hay baler and decided to give JustAnswer a shot. With the help of mechanic Dan, I am up and running again! He had an answer for me in less than 5 hrs and even sent me detailed factory image of the area I was having trouble with. Thank you Dan and kudos to you!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had a question about employers asking employees to clock out when they didn’t have appointments. It didn’t seem right to me. The person helping me was able to explain it and sent a link o the regulations. I was very satisfied because I tried to find the info myself but couldn’t. I needed the help. Thanks so much.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Called to get service manual for 2006 Grasshopper 618 and was told manual not available to individuals. Dustin then volunteered this info. He said any time I needed help reassembling my mower with the new Kohler engine, I could call him and he would walk me thru the steps over the phone. Can not ask for any better help than that. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I was sent several videos showing me how to remove the bulb. It saved me quite a bit of time and kept me from damaging the headlight assembly. I was very grateful for the help. It was definitely worth the money.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Tanya was very knowledgeable and went in search of answers to a piece of jade from Pakistan. She answered all questions promptly and was very polite and helpful. It’s been a bit of a mystery to me for years but now I have answers and some provenance for my descendants so they can value the piece accordingly.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Deceased son, assets in New Zealand but I live in Australia - I wanted to thank Chris for his information. This is a difficult time and being in Australia, we were unsure of what to do next. This is a great service and I will happily recommend you to others. As living overseas but are Kiwis you are often in need of advice.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Refrigerator cold temperature control - Woody was very good and I believe hooked me up with the correct part. I believe that he got a little impatient with me, because the model number shown on my refrigerator did not line up with the results of his search. Otherwise, his assistance was great!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Had waited days for my service provider to offer tech support. Went to JustAnswer and a consultant set up my Tech appt, agreed to the terms and the Tech fixed my problem in 15 minutes! Just brilliant, JustAnswer is the ANSWER!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

All the appraisers were helpful, punctual and answered my questions. I would recommend these people to anyone interested in knowing what their antique treasures would be valued. I cannot think of anywhere else I would want to go after having these people appraise my antiques. Very professional.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I was searching for third party comments regarding issues between my tax accountant and I concerning qualified Roth non-taxable distributions. I was very pleased with the timely and helpful response I received. It will support my side of future conversations with the accountant.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

It was a Sunday and my dog was in great pain. He had run out of his pain meds. Dr. Michael ** answered my questions of whether I could give him some of my meds [my internet research said my dog could take the type of meds I had]. He answered my question and gave me the proper doggie dose. My dog and I were most grateful. I contacted my vet on Monday. Thank you JustAnswer!!!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had no idea that JustAnswer.com is an answer for fees. I wasted time doing a chat then came a reply that I needed to pay $5. The payment form quickly appeared, and I noticed that the fee jumps to $31 for subsequent replies. They claim it's all refundable which I don't know how it could be when you need to furnish credit card info. before you get an answer to your question. And why is this not stated in big bold lettering upfront?! It was very deceptive to me.

Hello Cheryl,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this, we apologize for any frustration or confusion that you experienced.

There are a lot of free sources of information on the internet if you are willing to search, but JustAnswer has never been one of them.

We offer access to verified Experts in dozens of fields that are available 24 hours a day. We also do not collect or sell your personal information, which many free sites do. The trade off is that the Experts (Doctors, Lawyers, Veterinarians, Mechanics and more) that respond to your questions, do need to be compensated for their time. The fees for the service are mentioned while the customer is still on the homepage, where we begin collecting the information about your question.

Once again, we're sorry to hear that you felt surprised and we hope that you were able to get the free support that ou were looking for.

If you've got any questiosn about the site, how it wworks, or the benefits avaialble to cusotmers, please reach out to our Customer Care team. We're availabel 24 hours a day at Spport@justanswer.com or at 1-800-509-5721.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I received an Excellent and thorough professional evaluation including background and interpretation of Japanese writing. Extremely knowledgeable answer which gave me information including History of Scroll, Artist, the Age and value. He even suggested auction houses and the amount of insurance to obtain for the Scroll. This was a top caliber answer. Best!

JustAnswer.com Company Information