Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would highly recommend Just Answer. I used You-tube, internet and was about to get a new dishwasher because I was quoted for a repairman come about $83 just to look at it. Tried just answer, they got a repair man to talk the problem over with me. Had problem solved in 10 min (saved me money)!!!

Resolution In Progress

Hello Scott,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'm glad to hear that Josh was able to help resolve the printer issue that you were having but I'm sorry to hear about the confusion around the payment. I'll try to clear that up for you.

An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

This information regarding the remaining deposit is actually displayed on the page where the customer is prompted to submit their payment details and questions are posted only when the customer acknowledges and accepts the payment terms.

Josh responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due, however, the Josh isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

We understand that sometimes there can be misunderstanding so I'll reach out to you privately to discuss the options that we have available here and get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Let us know if you need nay further assistance by reaching out to our Customer Support team at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

support@justanswer.com

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Thought I was contacting Epson about a printer problem when directed to Just Answer. They wanted credit card info for a $5 charge. Printer only printed blank pages. Technician "Josh" told me to clean printer heads which I did. Told him it printed but with some blurred lines. Then got notice he could take over my printer and deal with it but for a $39 charge. Told him that I'd deal with it if he'd tell me what to do. He told me to clean the heads 3 more times which solved it. My credit card was then charge $28 because he answered.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My family has owned two Roman era stone statuettes dug from Pompeii; the reviewer ask for pictures and provenance and quickly analyzed my items and reported back with a prompt and intelligent answer to a long sought question. Also important, she worked patiently with me as I created and sent the images and information to her.

Tractor problem - Hydraulics bad. Dan knows his stuff. Haven't had a chance to delve into the problem but he made sense to me. Hydraulic systems are not the same for all makes and models so a more definitive answer was needed and not explained by the service manual.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need to update my android OS on my (LG cell phone) TracFone. The advice I got from Joel made sense and was a great help. Turns out updating android is not available unless I'm on a major carrier. Would recommend to friends and use this service again.

My son's car was stolen from a mechanics workshop. He told us it was the owner's responsibility when cars are parked outside of his workshop. Spoke with JustAnswer and had advice on how to proceed within 15 mins. Extremely helpful. It's nice to know you can talk to someone within minutes to get some help! Up until this point we had been trying to find out information on the legality of this for 2 weeks! We can also come back at any time for further advice on this matter if needed. Fantastic service. AAA+

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

I replaced a Honeywell programmable thermostat with a newer one. Had a few questions regarding wiring and the operation of the heat pump. I was able to send pics of the wiring diagram to the tech and get immediate feedback on wiring. It worked great for me and I saved over $100 on the install. Definitely will use JustAnswer again if I have questions on future projects.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for information on ensuring that my recently compromised SS # was protected. Lane provided me with a succinct list and explanations of what to do to cover all the bases. The explanations were informative and help me to better understand the steps to take to protect myself. Lane put my mind at ease.

They gave me the right answer from the information I gave them, My dog is doing so much better. I was so happy to get an quick answer for the doctor. Thank you so much... He is walking and eating his food. His tail is wagging all the time now. I am so happy that my dog is doing well. That makes everyone in the family happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My dog is my baby, by no exaggeration - I was 20 when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 22 when I was put into medically induced menopause. My only son is Autistic and my dog replaced the baby I will never have. I trained him to be a service dog for our son and he is phenomenal. However he is having these scary episodes that the vet passed off as typical seizures and acted as if all was fine. I video recorded the episodes and took behavioral data (I work with special needs and behavioral intervention). This vet was very patient and explained everything extremely well throughout the middle of the night and responded immediately! He is AMAZING!

Immediate response on initial contact. Doctor got back with diagnosis within 30 minutes, even though I did not order that option. Gave me peace of mind, and it looks like it's going away in the predicted amount of time. Thank you.

My hp Color LaserJet CP2025dn was offline and I could not figure out how to get it online and ready. I tried reinstalling the driver several times and I still could not get it to be recognized by my applications. The expert on JustAnswer was able to remotely connect to my computer and fix the situation for me. I am completely satisfied with the professional support that I received.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On 8.5.17 My JUST ANSWER QUESTION ORDER was a problem with the email (locked, lost and unable to reinstall on my own) on my iPhone. Justin spent an extraordinary amount of time to search the problem and get my email account restored to my phone and all intact. I also cannot say enough about his patience and persistent communication with me even though I am not tech savvy. He kept in touch every single step of the way... until SUCCESS was achieved! I'm so grateful. Justin, one more question: The settings you set up on the phone, will this affect me when I upgrade to my next iPhone? Thank you!

Judith-on-Antiques is great, knowledgeable and very helpful! I will continue to use her for more appraisals. She gets back to me quickly with a precise and professional answer. This is a great service and I am glad I found Judith!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great ideas for my pug. I was very pleased with the no-nonsense support I received. Although I had been to my vet, the ideas shared were specific and useful, including immediate dietary changes to make and next steps for testing if improvement is not seen. I felt more empowered and informed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lane, Social Security Expert, gave me the information I needed to make a decision. I thank her very much. She was very helpful. She explained in detail the percentages of Medicare and the rate of the employee and the employer. I really appreciated all the information given to me.

Dr. Michael ** was GREAT! Answered my question asap about my Airedale’s crusty nose issue! Will try his advice and contact my local vet along with his recommendations. Very prompt response. I will use this site again when needed. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Really appreciated this, great lawyer to help with a Consumer Affairs issue, which he did very thoroughly and promptly! P. ** was professional and very knowledgeable - definitely would recommend to a friend. I learned a lot in the process and know what my next course of action will be.

Thank you so much Chris. They are making sure my timing is correct. If not after that I will take it to a Chrysler dealer then send them a bill again. Thank you. This is the kind of help people need. Would be lost, confused on what to do and how to take correct the problem.

Hello Valerie,

Thanks for letting us know about your impression of the UX. We've been making some changes recently in order to clean up the experience and we hope that when the process is complete that the experience is one that delights you.

We will reach out to you privately in order to discuss your account and resolve any outstanding questions. In the mean-time, you should be able to locate the total value and charge amount for any question form the Order History tab on the My Account page:

If you need to reach out to customer support, we can be reached 24 hours a day from the help page:

Or you can call us at 1-800-509-5721

support@justanswer.com

Original review: July 14, 2017

I am actually very satisfied with the speed that the doctors respond etc. and with their advice, so there is no problem with that at all. I do, however, have a problem with the site which is why I only gave 3 stars. I noticed that another reviewer found the same as I, in that it one gets directed from one confusing page to another with no get out clause to find the way back to where one wishes to be. Most pages then lead to payment and unless one is familiar with the website, then one can end up paying several times over if one is not careful. At least that was my experience today. Maybe it is just me or a slow computer.

I have messaged Just Answer with my query and have an automated response. Since sending that message, my history has appeared on my screen showing what I have paid but still have no idea what the total should be. I am sure I have paid too much. This problem needs to be addressed as not everyone is totally computer savvy and it would certainly put me off using them again. I have used them in the past without too much trouble.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear about the first experience that you had but we're happy to hear that you were able to get connected with the right Expert and have the issue resolved.

We've been able to locate your account and will process a refund for the first question and will reach out to you privately to discuss your account further.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance by reaching out to us from the Help page: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You can reach us 24 hours a day via email at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Adam Roesel - Customer Support Supervisor

Original review: July 13, 2017

My elliptical machine lost power and the technician (JT) suggested I buy a $450 console from FitnessRepairParts.com. I followed the recommendation. When that did not work, I wrote asking for someone else at JustAnswer.com to help. The electrical engineer who replied recommended we check the equipment's fuse, so my son took the elliptical apart and replaced a $4 fuse. It now works with the old console. Now when I return the console, I can only get $228.35 back. So taking JT's advice cost me $250. I am grateful to Electrical Engineer Pete for steering me in the right direction. JT must have been out of his league.

Lymph node problem - Excellent service and prompt response took stress away. Have now a few more options to follow up now. I will be seeing my specialist Acupuncture. The only thing that didn't work was the ice method. At least now I don't feel so worried about going forward.

Good place to go to for answers, and they're not stingy with their info like a lot of places are!! A lot of places just look at you like you're stupid and will not share their info, instead they tell you to bring your car in and will charge you 70 to 100 dollars an hour!!! Thank you so much and God bless.

I had a keycard problem in my Renault Megane. Your expert helped me with his advice to solve the problem. It was necessary to change the keycard reader and make a new keycard with the new software. Excellent service. Thank you very much!

I am using Microsoft Outlook and could send but not receive emails. Problem appeared to be in settings. The technician was able to correct the problem in just a matter of minutes. If this or a similar problem occurs I will not hesitate to contact JustAnswer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having a leak in our refrigerator and wanted to resolve the issue without the need to call a service technician. We looked on Google to solve the issue and came across a similar question from another person with a refrigerator similar to ours. We posted the question to the site and a couple of hours later the issue was fixed after thawing the refrigerator and cleaning it out. The assistance was simpler than I would have imagined and was ingenious and now, no more water on our floor. Wunderbar!!

Woke up at 4 am and found your site online. I was immediately greeted by a CNP asking me if I had any issues I needed addressed. Wow, at 4 a.m. I had been stung multiple times by bee's earlier that day and hives broke out all over my body and my throat had the sensation of closing up, making breathing slightly difficult. All of which caught me by complete surprise since I didn't know I was allergic, having been stung before without any symptoms. Anyway, they asked further questions from me regarding me and possible medical history trying to get a complete picture. I was then immediately referred to a doctor, whom quickly answered my questions and offered more assistance if necessary. All in all I was done by 430 a.m. and back to bed. Awesome experience, and my first with this website. Thank you all so much!

My Arnie had a cancer op on the 27/6/17. I wanted advice on medication I could give him. I spoke to pitbull mum a veterinary nurse. She was so nice and quick and good advice and said if not recommended with other medication. It was all very upsetting day as it was and it helped me loads knowing there was someone to talk to. I would recommend this service 100%. From a grateful Staffie mum.

This service was worth the price for having a professional vet, Sarah **, address my chihuahua's needs. I'd never seen the results of a burst anal sac abscess, which had presented itself without my knowledge. I had initially noticed some blood under my dog's tail after taking her out for a bowel movement, but she didn't produce one. I mistakenly thought she had chewed her tail, so I gave her a quick bath and applied Vaseline to it where I thought it looked sore. Later, she was still distressed, not eating and was uncomfortable sitting on my lap, kind of droopy and she seemed warm. After looking closer under her tail, I discovered the tiny hole beside her anus. Not having ever seen that on her bottom, I was taken aback. The vet was very informative and kind. She described the condition and how it caused the hole (burst abscess of anal sac) and gave me some solutions that might soothe my dog until I could get her to the vet the next morning. Very pleased.

Sid whom I've had for 10 years is my best friend, companion and my ESA, started developing an allergy the beginning of Spring. I noticed tiny bumps that raised his fur up like hives. They started near his thighs and moved up to his neck. I took him to the vet. She wanted to do skin scraping $250, thyroid testing $175 and more blood work since I'm on a limited budget. I couldn't do any of that, I did leave there with a special shampoo, fish oil and antibiotics. I went home and surfed the internet for hours which ended up a whole month online searching.

In the meantime my baby's fur fell out in patches and has thinned on his back and sides. I managed to rule out everything and came down to 2 or 3 things but this thing going on with Sid was absolutely driving me mad! I believe it affected me more than him. I love him so much and I hate seeing him with anything wrong! Anyways I discovered this website and I wrote back and forth with Dr. **, she was awesome. The best part was she told me Sid's problem was either food allergy or allergy to pollen and she suggested what I should do with what I already have on hand and to change his dog food to a hypoallergenic one. I was able to tell her what was going on, she answered and after we communicated back and forth. Definitely helped to relieve stress on me and my baby. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The process of marrying a Cuban is not easy. There are so many questions and the Cuban government is not user-friendly. The attorney I spoke with answered my questions on the 2 possible routes with their pluses and minuses. She was very personal in her approach and gave very precise answers to help me make a more educated choice and offered her assistance when I was ready to begin the process. I was relieved to have an expert on my side guiding me through to avoid fundamental mistakes that could result in delays or denials. I am grateful to have an advocate.

JustAnswer.com Company Profile