4.82/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

JustAnswer.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003, JustAnswer started because Andy Kurtzig and his wife Sara wanted to provided a medium for individuals to get answers 24/7 from doctors, lawyers and other experts. JustAnswer has helped over nine million people around the world have peace of mind.

Our services will provide fast, affordable help wherever you are. If you are not happy we provide a 100% money back guarantee. Talk to an expert today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

562 JustAnswer.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I contacted JustAnswer on September 9 and I was charged $5 for a "deposit". I was told that I would be charged an additional $24 and that $24 appeared on my next credit statement as being a "phone call" occurring on September 12. That's okay, but I also discovered on my credit card statement a charge of $31 on September 12 called "repairman". I have no idea what that's about.

I feel like I was charged twice for the same service. But then on September 13, I received an email saying that I would be charged a monthly subscription fee of $31 on September 15 if I didn't cancel by then. I did cancel and they appear to have honored the cancellation, even though they continue to send me junk email. But, my complaint is that they charged me double and that it was preposterous for them to charge me yet again 2 or 3 days later if I didn't take any action. Buyers should be aware that JustAnswer will abuse the use of your credit card. I would never do business with them again.

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for letting us know about the confusion that you experienced with the payment. I'll try to clear this up for you and we'll also reach out to you privately with any further details about your account.

First of all I can see that you are not on a membership, so you definitely won't see any recurring billing. We can also get the marketing emails turned off for you as well. You should be able to unsubscribe from the bottom but we can also take care of that on our end.

In looking at the question that you posted, it looks like there were two charges for the question. The $5.00 deposit for posting the question and then the remainder deposit was $31.00. The $24.00 was for the phone call with the technician. Phone calls do incur an Extra charge because the technician is only able to work with you while they are on the phone call and is not able to respond to other customers.

We will reach out to you privately to go over other details of the account and work with you to find a solution that meets your needs.

If you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@justanswer.com or reach us by phone at 1-800-509-5721

We look forward to talking with you.

Adam Roesel - Customer Care Supervisor

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had one detail I wanted to clarify for my separation agreement and wasn't looking forward to paying my lawyer a stupid amount of money for 5 minutes of his time. I received my answer in a timely fashion. Thanks for your help!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Needed information to start my own business. The answer was promptly given, within minutes in the after hours. The information given was spot on. I was able to get things done much quicker and for less. I will use this service in the future if need. I would recommend this service in the future.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Great way to get advice, helped me get a better understanding of what I needed to do, saved a lot of heartache and time. Definitely will be using it again in the future. For anything. Danial ** thank you for your help. I'll be requesting for you again!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was pleased at how quickly I received my response. It was fast, concise and "on point." I have been to Law School and felt I had the correct answer and it was nice to have it confirmed so quickly and without my attorney's $375.00 invoice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Great website. I got answers fast and everyone was very helpful. Zoey_jd was great, she explained everything clearly and was a delight to talk to. Thank you and keep up the great work. I will recommend you to friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Blower motor was not working on 2010 Ford F150. He worked me through everything I needed to locate the issue and sent a link describing how to check the part to confirm it was bad. Instructions were very easy to follow and response time was very reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had a major problem with Microsoft Word and spent several hours trying to figure it out. The JustAnswer technician found a solution right away. Amazing. Very knowledgeable! I would recommend this service for any technical problem you might encounter.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Damien, a real estate attorney got back to me right away and guided me in regards to the steps I needed to take to support my parents in a horrific real estate dispute. The money was worth it. Thanks, Damien.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This is the 1st time I used this site. Merlin was great. He went thru what might be wrong (Vehicle won't start). I changed the alternator. He suggested I buy a new battery. I did. Still had problem with some lights inside. He not only said what it could be, he sent me 2 diagrams to help me find the fuse. Wow! What a mechanic. I will request him whenever I use the site. I will tell everyone.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Excellent Service! I was having problems with my car, and couldn't drive it. It was Sunday, so I had very few choices to get help. I tried JustAnswer, almost in desperation. I received a response to learn more about my problem within 5 minutes. Within another 10 minutes, I was in contact with a mechanic who walked me through possible solutions, and waited for me to try them. He pointed me in the right direction to get my problem solved.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Viet-Tech was 'very good, honest and fair'. He was able to locate and sort out my password issue fairly quickly. I was a little freaked out and hesitate watching him work but he definitely knows his stuff with a PC. Excellent job! I will recommend you to others. Thank you Viet-Tech.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Good response. Have used the site a few times. It's much quicker and cost effective and spares a trip in the car! Have dealt with same guy before. Always gives consistently good answers. This time I did not need to ask more questions, although he was available.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The technician called me within minutes of requesting a call. He was courteous, helpful and very knowledgeable about the problem with the dryer door. He walked me through how to unlatch the door then repair it. There's no way I could have done this without his guidance and help. JustAnswer is an invaluable resource for anyone looking for help and I will definitely be recommending it to my family and friends.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This is such a wonderful service to have!!! Very reassuring to be able to converse with a knowledgeable veterinarian when you need an answer! Easy to use website and the staff seems genuinely caring and concerned. Helped put my mind at ease. Thanks so much!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Nymphenburg Blanc de Chine Porcelain Figurines - I was "gifted" several of these figurines and did not know anything about them. I was searching the internet on eBay, Etsy and so forth but did not see anything like mine. Then I came upon your site and sent a request. Erin-Marie was so helpful!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This is a helpful service for information on a subject - got some specific answers on a question in regards to my dog. It was great for supplemental information or research. Easy to use website... I would recommend to a friend or colleague...

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

NEVER responded to my emergent question about my elderly cat. I submitted question on September 3rd and was never contacted by a veterinarian about my question. JustAnswer advertises 24/7 help available which couldn't be farther from the truth. I was able to manage my cat until our local vet's office opened. I have made three phone calls to JustAnswer complaining about their unethical business practices. I requested a refund. I paid through PayPal and it has now been 32 days since they billed me for services they never provided. Although they said they would refund my money, they did not. They said the problem was with PayPal. After contacting PayPal, I've learned that JustAnswer still has not processed a refund for me. I had to open a PayPal dispute. Such a hassle!! Customer service person, Alex, at JustAnswer would not allow me to speak to a supervisor. Thankfully PayPal is reputable and able to help.

Hello Sally,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. In looking into your account it looks like you did not receive a reply to the Vet question that you posted and we'd like to apologize for the inconvenience that that caused. while our service is not designed to be utilized for emergency services it sounds like we could have one a better job of communicating that you.

I wanted to assure you that we have checked with paypal and can see that the refund for the deposit was processed. We'll reach out to you privately with the details for the refund to ensure that you are seeing the same information.

We will also look into the call that you had with the Customer Support agent to see where we can continue to improve if you didn't get the correct information.

If you need anything further, please feel free to reach out to us directly by email at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Sincerely,

Adam Roesel - Customer Care Supervisor.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I am a software engineer and feel pretty confident in repairing my tech. But this wireless printer was fighting me hard. I finally decided that saving my time was worth a little bit of money. Boy, was I right! I asked my question on a Friday afternoon and answered a couple of questions about it that day. Then I had a busy weekend. When I checked my email on Monday morning, the solution was waiting for me. I followed the steps and was up and running before 8:00 on Monday morning.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I needed to ask a question re a pair of Bose headphones. I authorized a $5 'refundable' initial payment. Then directed to a technician but was really a page asking me to sign up for a free trial, other timed 'help' etc. I then noticed in the fine print that proceeding to a technician would cost me $58 AUD. I didn't proceed and clicked off the page. Requests for a return of my 'refundable' $5 were ignored with cut and paste responses and further directed to the page to leave my credit card details which I already had done.

I checked my account to see not one but two pending deductions. The second being for $58 which I DID NOT authorize. I just want to warn people about these thieves. I have had to cancel my card and lodge a complaint with my bank. When I tried to communicate with the technician I was offered a phone chat option for $37! He did not respond to me through the text window. Someone close these scammers down please!

Hello George,

Thank you for reaching out to us here as well. I wanted to reassure you that all of the charges that you incurred for posting the question about your headphones were refunded the same day.

It appears that there may have been some confusion or miscommunication about the charge for posting a question to the site so I'll try to clear that up here.

There is a $5.00 initial deposit for posting a question to the website and the remainder deposit for the question is not charged until you receive a response from the Expert. In this case the remainder deposit for the electronics question that you posted was $58.00. It looks like you were able to reach out to one of our Customer Care agents to have the refunds processed, but customers also have the option to cancel their question and process their own refund at any time within the first 30 days from the Order History page.

If you need any further assistance or have any other questions about your account, or the site, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we're happy to help.

support@justanswer.com

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I am owed money by persons preparing to file what will be a complicated bankruptcy - I required detailed legal information relative to insuring my loan would be treated correctly in the bankruptcy petition being sought by the persons seeking bankruptcy protection; and to find out what steps I could take to prioritize my loan in the proceedings. The response from JustAnswer was most professional, informative, concise and detailed. I thought initially the complications of this issue would require a phone conversation, but this was not necessary.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My Pomeranian ate some rust on the deck where the grill pan had rusted out on our grill and collapsed on the deck. I hadn't noticed it until I saw him licking it. No one ever wants to go to the emergency clinic if they don't have to, so I started searching the internet for answers. And that's where I found this website! I am satisfied with the answer he gave me. It seems he didn't get enough of it, and had no symptoms, so we were okay. But peace of mind meant so much to me!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Joshuva, lawyer to whom details I have forwarded and wanted clarification in respect of the stamp duty etc and as he has over 10 years of experience had full knowledge and was able to give answers to my questions. I would definitely recommend him for anyone wishing to consult him for their legal problems.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Randall did a super fantastic job helping me resolve my problem. He actually saved me about $200+, because I was going to replace my battery and awning switch, and the problem was neither of those. I'm a laymen, do some frustration on my part, but I followed what he said to go, and it lead to the source of my problem. I say he saved me $200+, because my next step was to take it to the shop. Thanks to Randall again.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I called customer service 3 times, Arnold was very polite and said he would refund my money and cancel the account at my request. They refunded some but not all. (They kept $20) $5 deposit, $20, then another $40, and $55 membership fee/recurring. They charged me $55 for membership which is very deceiving on the link/web page. They refunded my account (except $20) but then charged it again the same day. I have called 2 more times now and they say the account is closed (good) but they keep telling me to call my bank?? It is on my account list... They refunded it then charged $55 again on the same day/different time. Buyer beware!

Hello Wyatt,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this experience, I'm sorry for any confusion about the billing.

In looking into your account it appears that you had posted several different questions and requested a phone call with one of the Experts, it also looks like you had opted into the membership and posted a follow up question under the membership as well. This was the cause of the various charges.

In checking our logs it appears that you were able to contact our customer care team on the 3rd and 4th of September and I can see that we've processed a full refund for all of the charges at this time.

I also took the extra step of checking with payment processor just to be sure and it seems as if the transactions have been accepted back by your card issuer, if you are not seeing the funds back in your account though, please reach back out to us and we'd be happy to set up a conference call with the bank or card issuer to see if anything else needs to be done.

Don't hesitate to reach back out to us if you need any further assistance at all.

Regards,

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Through deception this service leads you to believe that it costs 5 dollars to ask a question. After incurring a charge of 25 dollars more than I thought I was paying, I looked for reviews on the service. I learned that numerous people have complained about the unclear method they use to bill you for more than you are expecting. After all of the complaints about this, it still continues. Obviously nothing has been changed to remedy it. A testament to their intention. Not only that but in response to my complaint to customer service they pretended to misunderstand me. Flat out bad business! Do not use this service!

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience that you had on the site and with our Customer Care team. I'm looking into the reply that you received and see where the miscommunication occurred.

Regarding the charge that you incurred. The site does require a $5.00 deposit to post a question to the site and the full value of the question is presented to the customer on the payment page where the billing information is entered, prior to the customer being charged.

In looking at your account I can see that a refund has been processed but we'll reach out to you privately about your account just to make sure that everything is taken care of for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I'm happy to help.

Support@justanswer.com

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I had cause to use the service in relation to a TV problem and whilst the technician who responded gave me some useful advice I had no idea how much the service was going to cost me and was most unhappy when I saw the charge on my credit card statement online. The number of times pop ups appeared coaxing me to pay £22 for a telephone consultation as well as regular urging to take out an ongoing subscription were very obvious and were not taken up by me. This frequent and obvious highlighting of additional/alternative options seem a clear diversion from the alleged provision of charging information for the use of the service which was not given anything like the same prominence. If it had, I would not have continued in my use of the service - I did not expressly authorize anything other than the initial $5 payment. Having contacted them I did receive a response but my request for refund was not even acknowledged.

Hello Robert,

I'm sorry for the confusion about the value for the question. We should be able to resolve this satisfactorily for you though.

When posting a question to the site there is a £3.00 deposit that is placed when you post your question and the remainder of the charge is not processed until you receive a response form the Expert. The full payment amount is disclosed on the payment page where the billing information is entered, prior to a charge being processed.

I'm glad that the technician was able to help you address the issue with the television but we'd like to make sure all of your concerns are addressed. It does look like we responded to your email from 8/26/2017 but haven't received a reply back yet. We'll reach out to you again privately in order to gather some more feedback about your experience and get this wrapped up for you.

In the mean time if you have any questions or need anything further don't hesitate to reach out to me at support@justanswer.com or call our Customer care team at 0808-168-0054.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

First: If I could rate this site lower than one star, I would. When I requested an answer it appeared that the cost would be $5.00. When I saw the actual charge, it was $45.00. I would have appreciated the opportunity to decline the amount prior to having the expert give the "answer" but the charge wasn't shown until I saw it on my account. Very deceptive. The site had pop-up after pop-up to entice me into clicking into a subscription service in which I was not at all interested. Even though I declined the opportunity to subscribe no fewer than 10 times, the pop-ups just kept on coming. I am not disputing the quality of the answer. I am reviewing the deceptive pricing model.

I got fooled. I am warning, buyer beware-- don't be a sucker. Use Wikipedia!! I should have read the reviews before agreeing to payment. Live and learn. I hope that by posting this "review" I can keep others from being sucked in by the confusing charge-a-lot strategy that JustAnswer.com uses. They must not get a lot of repeat customers.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for letting us know about this, I'd like to apologize for any confusion about the payment that you experienced. I'll try to clear things up here.

When posting a question to the site there is a $5.00 deposit that is placed when you post your question and the remainder of the charge is not processed until you receive a response form the Expert. The full payment amount is disclosed on the payment page where the billing information is entered, prior to a charge being processed.

We are glad to hear that you found the advice from the antiques appraiser to be helpful, and we'd like to work with you to find a solution that will resolve any outstanding concerns that you have.

We will reach out to you privately to go over the details of your account but in the mean time if you have any question or need anything further don't hesitate to reach out to me at support@justanswer.com or call our Customer care team at 1-800-509-5721.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Custom Service request after a "refundable" deposit of $5.00. I was asking for help with my Gmail account. The customer service rep would not assist me until I paid $39 for the "free" assistance [with numerous half page ads for the additional $39 fee]. After explaining I was on Social Security fixed income, he required $5 in lieu of the $39 original fee. I told him I could not afford that. He could not help without that $5 payment.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for telling us about this, we apologize for any frustration that you experienced. In looking at your question it appears that you may have thought that we were Google when you reached out to us.

We also apologize for any confusion about the cost of using the service. JustAnswer has always been a pay site and we do not advertise anywhere that the service is free. The fee that customer's pay goes to paying the Experts on the site for the assistance that is offered.

In looking at your account we can see that you were refunded on the same day for all of the charges that you incurred and the deposit was credited back to your paypal account.

If you need anything further don't hesitate to reach back out.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Thought I was contacting Epson about a printer problem when directed to Just Answer. They wanted credit card info for a $5 charge. Printer only printed blank pages. Technician "Josh" told me to clean printer heads which I did. Told him it printed but with some blurred lines. Then got notice he could take over my printer and deal with it but for a $39 charge. Told him that I'd deal with it if he'd tell me what to do. He told me to clean the heads 3 more times which solved it. My credit card was then charge $28 because he answered.

Hello Scott,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'm glad to hear that Josh was able to help resolve the printer issue that you were having but I'm sorry to hear about the confusion around the payment. I'll try to clear that up for you.

An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

This information regarding the remaining deposit is actually displayed on the page where the customer is prompted to submit their payment details and questions are posted only when the customer acknowledges and accepts the payment terms.

Josh responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due, however, the Josh isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

We understand that sometimes there can be misunderstanding so I'll reach out to you privately to discuss the options that we have available here and get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Let us know if you need nay further assistance by reaching out to our Customer Support team at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

support@justanswer.com