Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I asked how to deal with a summons for a court appearance related to a medical bill which I disputed. The Law expert gave me great guidance about my rights and next steps. I needed a bit more information about template letters for requesting specific information from the claimants, and he gave me links to great templates directly related to my state which I was able to adapt and take care of my issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I found out that my company was preparing for a mass layoff I wanted to know my rights as an employee. I talked to an attorney on this site and they helped me identify the information I should look for in my contract and what questions I should ask in the event I was laid off.

Hello William,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. we're sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service.

In looking into your account it appears that you were able to process your own refunds for the question, while we're sorry we couldn't help you resolve the issue any further, we're glad to see that the self refund feature was useful for you.

We will reach out to you privately to see if there is anything else that we can help you with but you can also reach out to us by email at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-590-5721 if either of those methods are more convenient for you.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: June 16, 2017

Website offered a technical response for an appliance problem via email for $5.00. Once I signed up, gave credit card and listed problem. Expert did not answer question but wanted to call me for discussion for an additional $25.00. Would not approve phone call and after several attempts finally responded via email. Answer just confirmed my original question. Did not sign up for a recurring service but only for a one time answer.

Hello Connie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble staying connected with the Attorney that you had received a reply from.

We aren't able to locate an account with the information that you've provided to Consumer Affairs so we will be reaching out to you privately in order to gather that information.

Once we pull up the account, we can either get the refund processed for you or work to get you reconnected with the Expert.

In the mean time, if you'd like to reach out to our Customer Care team we can be reached using the Contact Us link at the top and bottom of any page. The email address is support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: June 15, 2017

My contact was made June 15 between 8-9 am. I got online with an attorney. (P ** in AZ). He asked for some detailed information. I sent him a question. The site then said he was busy. Then was redirected to an optional phone call. I thought I would be eventually talking to the same attorney he wasn't "busy" anymore. I was told it would be an extra $59 added to my original $30+. I agreed then found it was not the original attorney. He said he would cancel the $59 charge and I could talk to the original attorney. I tried to find out from him how I would get back to the original attorney. He gave no answer. There was no way for me to find the original attorney.

I clicked on tech support and You just get in an automatic loop "talking" to a supposed person, really a computer just asking the same stupid questions over and over to get you to an attorney, any attorney. I can see no option on the site to get my money back as they promise if you are not satisfied. Furthermore they start with saying it's a five dollar deposit but then all sorts of options pop-up and to continue on. It is not clear which option you are choosing. So apparently I accidentally chose the $30 plus option. I want every penny of anything I spent returned. I do not like this site. Feel it is purposely confusing but they feel you'll be happy if you get a decent answer So they run you through this game plan. They are no better than the fence company I'm going up against. What a waste of time and energy.

Hello Sese,

I'm sorry for any confusion about the good faith deposit. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

This information regarding the deposit is displayed on the page where the customer is prompted to submit their payment details and questions are posted only when the customer acknowledges and accepts the payment terms.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due.

An overview of this process can be found on the How It Works page here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-justanswer-works

In looking at your account it appears that you were able to contact our Customer Care team and that the refund for both charges was processed the same day.

Please reach out to support@justanswer.com or 1-800-509-5721 if we can help with anything else.

Adam Roesel - Customer Care supervisor

Original review: June 14, 2017

I was having a problem with my laptop. I searched for help in order to find an answer for my issue and I landed on a site called Just Answer which they can help on nearly anything so I asked a question for my problem, then they told I need to pay $5 to post the question. I paid the money. And when I got a reply from an expert about the issue I had, I was told that I needed to pay $37 to view my reply. It was too much for me and I left it, never saw my reply and lost my $5 and a couple days later, I check my bank account and I see that they have taken $37. And I don't know what to do now they have taken beyond my limit without my permission.

Hello Linda,

We apologize for the confusion that you encountered. We do have technicians that can help you with a wide range of problems that might occur with Canon products but we are not affiliated with Canon.

At this time I can see that we've processed a refund for the charge back to your account and I will reach out to you privately to discuss any other account details.

Often the manufacturer will offer troubleshooting assistance or repair services free of charge for items still under warranty. You should be able to reach Canon on their Customer Support line at 1-800-652-2666.

If you have any other questions about JustAnswer, or your account, please do reach back out to me here or contact our Customer Care team at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have spent an hour trying to reach out to "JustAnswer". I thought I had contacted a tech for Canon but I got shuttled around to a site where I was quickly advised to pay $23.00 and then sat on hold for 20 min. The whole thing felt like a scam until I see all these other people have had the same experience. Hopefully you will straighten this out and return my $23.00.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Daniel, the Technician was very knowledgeable and pinpointed the problem immediately. He even sent a link for me to order the correct part needed for a fix, & explained how to change it so I didn't have to call out a service Engineer with the associated costs. Thank you so much.

Hello Maria,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry to hear about your experience.

We've been unable to locate an account tied to the email address that you've provided to Consumer Affairs so we will need to gather some more information from you in order to pull the account up and take a look at what happened.

We're committed to resolving any outstanding issues or concerns that you have so you can also reach out to our Customer Care if you prefer. We can be reached by email at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Please let us know if you still require any assistance and we're happy to help.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: June 12, 2017

They will not tell you the cost, just that you have to make a $5 deposit. The "chat" is some automated thing, not a person. I asked my question and the attorney told me he hurt his arm - they wanted me to pay $59 for a phone call. How many attorneys over there have bad arms, I wonder? I was told I have a response but I can't find one - I suppose I have to agree to something even more expensive. I was told the answer would come by email. I'm so sick of scams.

Hello Roberto,

We're truly sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with JustAnswer. We'll be reaching out to you privately in an effort to resolve any open issues you have with us.

Thanks for reaching out!

The Customer Care Team

JustAnswer

Original review: June 11, 2017

I signed up, paid to get an answer, and the supposed Acura "Expert" Mechanic replied with, "Welcome, I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started. I have tried my hardest the last 5 hours to get a response to every customer new and old. I will not be able to get to everyone so I am checking to make sure you do still need help. If so reply and let me know and I will help." So I Was Charged $17 for that response and now for me replying I'm getting charged another $26.00... Hmm. Something Funny Going On. I asked for refund and staying away from this site. All I was looking for was some simple so called expert help. JustAnswer.com you failed me... Peace and deuces

Hello Gary,

I'm sorry about the confusion you experienced in posting your question to the site. I'll try and help clear a few things up here.

In looking at your account it does appear that a mechanic had replied to you about your Mitsubishi with a few trouble shooting question, however it doesn't appear that you had ever logged back in to reply to him.

Regarding the free trial, it does not appear that you had accepted the free trial offer, however, in order to do so we do require that customers link a valid payment method to their account before opting in.

I can assure you that we do stand behind our satisfaction guarantee and we have refunded the full deposit for the question back to your paypal account.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team at either support@justanswer.com or our billing line at 1-800-509-5721

Original review: June 11, 2017

Maybe a difficult question in regards to a vehicle repair... but no response other than 2 questions asked by JustAnswer.com before a tech is suppose to respond... but this is the weekend. Lesson #1 for me... Always research the make, model and similar problems associated on a free forum before being snagged by outfits like this. #2 do not be mislead by a 7 day free trial as they will immediately want a credit card # and bill immediately. Thankfully mine was not a debit card and was billed through PayPal and believe me they (PayPal) heard about this one. Of course even then PayPal says I should try to resolve the issue with the service provider. Yeah, after reading some reviews on ConsumerAffairs... Good luck with that one... So either I resolve with PayPal or JustAnswer.com or the credit card co... but somebody ain't gonna get paid even if I have to cancel the credit card... A hard lesson learned.

Hello Edna,

I’m terribly sorry to hear about the confusion that you faced in posting a question to the site. Regarding the $5.00 deposit, an initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due, $31.00 in this case.

I hope this clears up the confusion about your charges.

At this time, since it seems you no longer need assistance from the attorney, we have closed your question and issued a refund for the charges that you incurred. You should see the funds back on your card in the next 3-5 business days at the most.

We will reach out to you privately to discuss any further details of your account.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance or if there are any other questions about the site that I can answer.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: June 8, 2017

I had one simple question that I wanted to ask a lawyer. A lady came on the line and indicated she was going to connect me with a lawyer. I then saw a form that indicated that I needed to provide a $5.00 REFUNDABLE charge. That was a big mistake. I never received a $5.00 refund but instead I was charged $31.00 with no warning. I did not even wait for a response from this company because my phone rang right away from the Fraud Department at my credit card company. I hung up and declined the charge. They told me that I should close this credit card but I am traveling and need to use my card. I wish I would have closed it because now they have charged the card again which I will have to call back and decline the charge again. I would not use this company as they do not appear to be honest and up front. I should have had a choice if I wanted to pay $31.00 for simple advice. Very disappointed that I ever called this company.

Hello William,

I'm sorry to hear that you never got a response from the Expert that you were working with. Clearly we dropped the ball here in getting back to you and continuing the conversation or locating another mechanic to help you.

I can see that we did issue a refund for the charge a little over a week ago but I'll be reaching out to you privately to see if there is anything else that we can do to assist or help get the problem with your car fixed if that problem is still vexing you.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: May 30, 2017

Made a request, charged $5 - no issue. Received follow up question from the 'expert' and responded immediately. Charged $25 - no issue. Despite several calls spread over a month there was no further communication from the expert and despite assurances that JustAnswer would find another 'expert' there was no further communication from them either unless I instigated it. Their solution was to refund all my costs - not what I wanted and not impressed.

Hello HB,

We're sorry to hear about the delay that you've experienced in receiving response. I know that we deal with a large volume of applicants but you should have heard something back by now.

It does not appear that there is an account on our website tied to the email address that you used to register on Consumer Affairs so we will reach out to you to gather the information associated with your account in order to make the review process move along smoother. We want to make sure that we're replying to the correct address :)

Please also feel free to reach out to expertsupport@justanswer.com or reply to my email if you need any further assistance in this process.

Thanks!

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: May 29, 2017

I have tried to sign up as an expert since January. My application is "pending review," and has been since then. Their website says it will take no more than 10 business days. I have emailed them 10 times, with absolutely no response. This is NOT how to operate a business.

Hello Dave,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience and for any confusion your encountered in using the site. I want to make sure that we get this resolved for you and get you back on the right path.

It does sound like you went through the process of entering your payment information and posting a question, we will reach out to you privately in order to gather the necessary information to locate your account and get the refund processed for you.

Let me also try to clear up a little bit of the confusion around site navigation that it seems you encountered. You can always reach out to our Customer Care staff, regardless of whether you have an account or not. The Contact Us link on the top and bottom of most pages will link you to the FAQs, as well it will provide you with multiple ways to reach our Customer Care by Phone, Email or Chat. The link to the Help page is here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

We will be reaching out to you shortly to look into this matter and once we have the necessary information it should take mere moments to have the issue resolved.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to myself or the team if you have any other questions about your account or the company or if you need any assistance what-so-ever.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: May 28, 2017

Firstly - About my rate of my experience. There is no provision for showing when an illegal act has been made upon any person, firm or corporation or I would have cited the law, and given a negative star rating. While viewing the JustAnswer website to understand how it worked, and various requirements of the site, plus unable to find any decent documentation of the complete 'wherewithal' I had to enter into the start of asking a question for a better understanding. Before I could even begin to see the setup I was required to put in my personal and financial information. I did see that they would charge $5.00 to enter into the site, but had seen where they claim there would not be a charge, or be given a refund if I was dissatisfied with the site, or response to my question. I did not worry about that part as I did not intend to ask any question, or use any of the so-called 'Experts' for additional charges.

I asked no question, or connected with any person, but was charged $28.00 for just going in to look things over. When I saw the charges on my credit card that were paid out, I attempted to file for a refund. There again I found a more serious problem with the website. There is no contact method unless a person becomes a member at which time the person must also enter their finance method. There is no manner provided for a person to contact any member of administration without first becoming a registered member, but the company has the ability to "steal" funds from that person.

Just because a person goes to the JustAnswer site is in no way any guaranteed intent to either join, or ask a question. It may also mean that they just want more information that any type of FAQ's can answer. JustAnswer should not be allowed, or have any provision where anyone must join and provide any financial information before having the provision for the person to ask questions of the Corporate administration. I can provide a copy of the charges leveled upon my credit card. No one should have to call for a refund. A mere contact statement should have the method to do so right in the website.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hello Diane,

We're very sorry for any frustration you've experienced. We checked your correspondence with our customer care team and found that your question was originally posted on a guest account. That means that the account did not have an email address, therefore you were unable to receive email notifications from our site when an Expert posted an answer for you.

We're very sorry it if feels like it took a while to have the issue resolved, it appears that it took a couple of email exchanges for the Customer Support team to get the necessary information in order to locate your account. At this time your account has been updated with your email information.

If there was any confusion about the charges on your account we can attempt to clear them up now. The full cost of your question would have been explained on the payment page. Customers can post their question with a $5 deposit, with the remainder deposit being charged when an Expert responds on your question page. A technician did respond to you which is why the remaining charge was processed.

We have refunded your payments and you should already see the funds back on your account.

We hope that we have addressed all of your concerns. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. This is the link to our help center, http://ww2.justanswer.com/help.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: May 19, 2017

I am feeling scammed. I have just sent my 5th email to JustAnswer customer service. In January I was having a computer/email problem that I couldn't resolve. I was looking for assistance and came across JustAnswer. So I decided to try them. I input my problem and the first thing they did was ask for 5 USD. I paid and tried to proceed but got nowhere fast. This may well have been a function of what was happening with internet services in my current country, rather than an issue with Just Answer.

However, I received absolutely no assistance with my problem and never went back to them. Recently I was checking my bank account and found JustAnswer had taken a further 35 USD out of my account for NO service and certainly without authorisation. Given that I had been unable to proceed with my request for assistance, this is, quite simply and completely, inappropriate.

I am currently attempting to get my money back but am getting the runaround. Initially, I was inundated with emails; 5 in the first 24 hours; with repetitive requests for the same information from different people. And one saying they "can't find my account." Well as far as I was aware I didn't have an account, so that is not a surprise, but they were still able withdrew money without authorisation and I want that money back. Since then I have heard nothing, now 2 days on. I don't know if this is a scam or simply a company with extremely poor business practices but I'm feeling absolutely conned. Since it was an unauthorised withdrawal for no service or product I have no receipt. The only thing I have is a copy of my bank account transaction receipt showing the withdrawal details.

Hello Ipolani,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this, I'm sorry to hear about the confusion that you experienced.

The $5.00 deposit is the charge for posting the question and the remainder deposit is usually taken after the Expert responds.

In this case it appears that you requested a refund of the PayPal charges within 5 minutes, so when the Vet responded shortly after that and you tried to view the response, the funds had already been refunded and you were asked to post a deposit again.

We do hope that your cat is doing well and that you were able to get the veterinary assistance that you needed.

If you have any other questions about the site or your account please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer care team at support@justanswer.com and we're happy to lend any assistance that we can.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: May 17, 2017

I asked a question about my cat and a text chat came up. I didn't think much of it, and wondered if my question could be answered. They said they would charge me a fee of $5, which I didn't mind paying at the time, and the next thing I know, I have a $22 charge on my PayPal to them. What also seemed suspicious is I get an email that my PayPal acct password got changed. I immediately called PayPal to change my password. I don't think it was a coincidence since it happened all within a few minutes of my being charged the $22! Also, after I made the mistake and clicked OK to the $5 charge but charged $22, another page comes up as if payment wasn't paid. They were trying to charge me double!! VERY UNSATISFIED!!

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry about the frustration that you experienced when posting your question to the site.

I wanted to reassure you that the membership program offer is not obligatory. You can post and pay for questions on a question by question basis for the lifespan of your account.

In looking into the account it does not appear that you had ever been a part of the membership program and it appears that you were able to utilize the Help Page to process your own refund.

If you need any further assistance with any aspect of the site or your account, please feel free to reach back out to us.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: May 14, 2017

I feel like I was conned out of my money. They had me list the issues before connecting me with a tech. They show a picture of a tech and mention his credentials and show the with the number of satisfied customers he/she has had. At that stage I assumed he would respond to my questions after I submitted my credit card info. No way, it is mandatory that you join one of their monthly services to take the next step. Of course they tell you that you can cancel at any time but how many people forget to cancel when they no longer need the service. And I would probably be one of them. I don't do business that way and won't deal with companies that do.

Resolution response: May 25, 2017

This is resolved with a refund. However running an online business myself, the practice to automatically enroll someone in monthly membership using saved credit card info (without consent) is giving your website a bad name. Looking at the reviews, I am not the only one had this bad experience. After the trial ends, if someone is interested in using the service, they will sign up themselves. No one has that many questions needing expert opinions on monthly basis. I have changed the rating to 3 stars, thanks to the customer support resolving this in a quick manner.

Hello Ernest,

Thanks for voicing your experience to us.

I'm sorry for any frustration you may have experienced. You'll be happy to know that in looking at your account it appears that we have already issued a refund for the 2 membership payments on 5/13/2017.

It looks like you accepted a free trial of our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. I have turned the membership billing off and you will not receive any further recurring charges.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that I've been able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Please contact our support team at support@justanswer.com if there is anything else we can help you with.

Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

Original review: May 13, 2017

I posted question regarding dermatology and it was on a pay-per-question basis. However after my question was answered I was automatically being enrolled into their monthly plus membership which charged me RM111 per month for 2 months in a row. Unfortunately I only noticed this on the 2nd month. I did not consent or authorize these 2 charges other than the one-time, pay-per-question service! Please advise how I can get back my refund? Thank you.

Hello Marnie,

I'm sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction your experienced with the attorney.

I wanted to remind you of our 100% satisfaction guarantee which allows customers to request a refund within 30 days if they are unhappy with the assistance that they received.

In looking into your account it appears that you were able to process your own refund through the Order History section of the website.

We do hope that you were able to get your questions resolved through other avenues, but if you need any assistance or have any questions about you account please let us know by reaching out to us at support@justanswer.com and we're happy to help.

Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

Original review: May 10, 2017

They charge $36 - whether they are able to answer your question or (more likely) not. I wanted to know why my criminal record showed a High-Occupancy Lane - Single Occupant Vehicle Violation as a MISDEMEANOR instead of a PETTY MISDEMEANOR. "Doug" answered by saying I was correct that is should be a PM but criminal reports do not differentiate between the two. When I responded that it did in fact differentiate (I also have a PETTY MISDEMEANOR for a speeding ticket) - he refused to respond any further and told me my question would go into a pool where other professionals could respond. So I basically paid for an incorrect answer.

HI there Samuel,

I'm sorry about the frustration that it sounds like you experienced. In looking into your account I can see that it appears that you might have been trying to reach TurboTax.

While we do have Experts that can assist you with Tax related question, we are not directly affiliated with TurboTax.

In looking into your account I can see that you're initial deposit has been refunded and that you should already have been credited back to your PayPal account. It also appears that there is no membership active on this account so you will not see any further charges.

I will reach out to you privately to discuss any details of your account.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@justanswer.com and we're happy to help.

Regards,

Adam - Customer Support Supervisor.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I was asked to pay a one time $5.00 fee to get help with a logon problem. I paid the fee with PayPal. Afterwards, I noticed my account was charged a $36.00 recurring monthly charge. When I complained to JustAnswer, they connected me to one of their lawyers and wanted additional fees to resolve the problem. I refuse to pay and feel I have been scammed. I am trying to resolve it through PayPal now. I would never use this service again!

Resolution response: May 16, 2017

I did receive a prompt and courteous reply from the people at JustAnswer.com. They said they were sorry about any misunderstanding with the service or the billing, and that they would credit the charges. A few days later, I checked my credit card account and the charges were credited. So I am happy to say that the issue was resolved. Apparently, they do want to keep a good reputation for conducting business in an honorable manner, thank you.

Hello Dennis,

On behalf of JustAnswer, I'd like to offer you a sincere apology for any confusion you've endured while trying to use our service. Rest assured, we'll be reaching out to you directly in order to resolve any and all of your concerns regarding our service and your charges.

Please keep an eye out for our email. And thank you for your patience with us thus far.

Mr. Allyn Hansen

Customer Support Specialist

Original review: May 2, 2017

I had a question concerning a mantel clock and submitted my question when asked. Then they said they would find someone to answer and wanted to charge a $5 deposit or 'good faith' fee. I reluctantly gave a credit card no. with the understanding that the fee would be refunded if I didn't use the service. Next, I was told that I would be billed a $30 fee to have my question answered, but had the option of cancelling. I hit the cancel button and exited, but my credit card was charged the $5 fee, with no credit for it, and was also charged a $31 fee from Clock Fix.

I think it is wrong to conduct business in this way as we should have been told of the $31 charge earlier. I am going to call the credit card co. to dispute the bill and refuse to pay it. I tried calling the cust. service no. about the billing but the rep was apparently overseas. When she asked me to spell out my email address, the call disconnected. The date of service was 04/23/17. Thank you.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 21, 2017

The problem was resolved very quickly to my satisfaction in a most courteous way.

Hello Harvey,

Thank you for getting in touch with us through Consumer Affairs regarding your recent visit to the site.

We apologize for any frustration regarding the billing issue that you experienced however I am glad that we were finally able to get in touch with each other to resolve the outstanding concern and get your refund processed.

If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to reach back out to me and I'm happy to help.

Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

Original review: April 13, 2017

I tried to phone them but could not get through on both their phone numbers as it would not connect. I live in Israel but used a UK credit card. I am very concerned. On the 3rd April I asked a question and paid 25.51 shekels. I have just received my credit card statement and it shows an additional membership fee of 197 shekels and 2 days later a tech help fee of 154 shekels. I most certainly did not ask any further questions and I did not ask for any additional help nor to become a member. I have therefore been overcharged the sum of 351 shekels which I want refunded immediately. As I get my credit card statement once a month I would not be aware of these overcharges at the time.

Please deal with this problem immediately. I am very cross as I went by the ratings they had received before I used them. Someone in their company has put these additional charges without notifying me by email, fax or phone call. They have a referenced ** on my credit card so it was obviously activated by their California branch.

Hello Steven,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and we apologize for any confusion that you experienced in using the site.

In looking at your account it does not appear that you have ever opted into the membership. Your account is currently on a Pay-Per-Question status and you will only be charged if you decide to post a new question.

You can continue to access the Engineering question that you posted this past week free of charge and can continue to speak with the Engineer as long as you need to in order to resolve the problem.

If you have any other questions about your account or need any assistance in navigating the site please feel free to reach out to Customer Care at support@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Original review: April 12, 2017

We have all used the internet to find information when making a purchase. But JustAnswer tactics for their site forces you to sign on to a monthly billing cycle in order to get the information you have already paid for. I do not recommend this site to anyone. Very deceiving tactics.

Resolution response: April 21, 2017

Customer service contacted me and resolved the issue. They explained that a bug was interfering with the system and incorrectly labeled the doctor as an endocrinologist

Original review: April 12, 2017

I had recently requested the "expert" advice of a eye doctor and more specifically a retina specialist. I was put in touch with an individual that did a good job answering my questions. However, I became extremely alarmed as I realized that the doctor's name & profile picture was the exact same as an endocrinologist that I had asked advice from 18 months earlier. So, basically the same individual is an endocrinologist and retina specialist... really??? I contacted JustAnswer, they requested a snapshot of profiles... which I did. They have since not responded. So I am left disappointed and upset that I have wasted money on fraudulent experts provided on the site. I can't trust any of the advice I received... avoid at all costs.

Technician described two conditions that could cause "open door" alarm to go off even when door was closed. I located plunger switches he described and the one on the freezer door was the culprit. Plunger switch was not making contact with strike pad on a hinge cap. I just snapped the hinge cap back in proper alignment and solved the problem in about 30 seconds! Thank you.

Hello Charlotte,

Thanks for letting us know about this. It's amazing how much it can help to get a little advice from an Expert who has dealt with the issue before.

We look forward to the opportunity to save you more money in the future. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

Original review: April 2, 2017

Toyota Corolla 2007 trunk won't latch. Jaybird61 sent me diagram of the three parts of the trunk latch mechanism, which enabled me to make some simple adjustments to the latch at the bottom. The car was in a rear-end collision and sometimes the trunk door does not line up correctly. I also found that a small piece was missing, which I was able to order. From more than $200 my bill became less than $40. Thanks!

My cat Adam was drinking water and had diarrhea. Vet Terri gave me directions, specific directions of what to buy and how to proceed with the ingredients to make a mixture for Adam to stop the diarrhea. He is usually quite picky, but he ate it and appeared to enjoy it. This morning Adam feels better and so do I--no more diarrhea. I'd call again. Thanks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am 82 years old and the person that helped me was very understanding and solved my problem(Real shut down when I clicked on Video). It took some time due to some driver updates. He found my problem and it is working fine today. Thanks for your expert help!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This guy had it fixed in under 5 min. Was great. Will be using more JustAnswer and stop wasting my time trying to fixed it myself. Thank you so much. Was great service and quick to response. Again I would use this service again.

Tyler from JustAnswer told me how to test or have it (broiler) tested if it was bad. He also told me where I could probably find a place to purchase and/or order a new element. Then he told me how to order a new one and how to install it. If it wasn't the element he told me it would be a module that I could replace also but it was about 600 dollars and I was not interested.

I found Dr ** to be very accurate but most of all, very informative. I was very pleased with what information I received. My only negative is I live in Australia and had to wait a few hours for reply, but that's not Dr ** fault.

JustAnswer.com Company Profile