Get Started

4.6/5 (515 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer lets you talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. The company connects customers with verified and vetted experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

JustAnswer.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

You tried to help me, but it didn't work first time. After that you sent me to someone at Google, and after a couple of days they helped me to reset my password, and now the new password works fine. I'm happy now! Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I needed to fill out some papers for a future employer about Tax withholding and things like that. I didn´t understand and so I was advised by a tax consultant and I was able to fill out the papers with the consultant and her advice. But not just that, she helped me with the other papers as well by giving me her suggestions as to how to sign and be consistent with my signature and initials and also with what I shouldn´t sign and wait to have clarity. Very helpful all in all.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Moose was very helpful and patient with me, he answered all my question to where I understood them and he even got back to me the next day for confirmation that I was satisfied with the call. Thank you Mr. **.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Dr. ** was very good and reassuring. Took time to chat and followed up. Only little negative which isn’t his problem is that I’m in Canada and my plan didn’t cover international texts unless it was an iMessage/text. Still worth the charge to get his input.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I was very satisfied with how quickly they were able to help me. The problem was solved within minutes of their recommendations on what I needed to do in order to fix it. The only thing I was dissatisfied with was how long it took to connect me to a tech but other than that it was a fast and easy experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have been dealing with a problem in the condo I just bought and the lawyer from Just Answer saved me $300 with his quick, thorough response. The fact that I can get more answers for an affordable fee is an added bonus!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Nathan was extremely helpful. He resolved the problem with a lot of patience explaining how to do it, step by step. He was very good with me!!!! It was quite a long process. He had to remove everything and start over. He stayed with me until it was all done.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Nathan was terrific, he stayed right with me telling me what I should do even as I got very frustrated. By the end he told me it was not me being unable to properly hook up the box but that it appeared to be a defective cable box. It will be returned and I will try another.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Brake lights quit working and he diagnosed fuse problem. The electrical system somehow developed a fault. The fault resolved after or reset after driving it 10 to 15 miles. This was my first time using your service and it is on my list for possible contact on future automotive concerns.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I had to change my modem. The printer would not connect to my iMac computer. I contacted both Apple and HP. Neither were any help. I spoke with Francisco at Just Answer. He was able to have me connected within half an hour. He was very patient and courteous when I made a mistake. Thank you for all your help. Very appreciated. :)

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I feel I got the answers to my questions & also received a phone call from another lawyer. I’ll see how this went once I go to court. Thank you for assisting me. I have tried to submit this & get that the review failed as I didn’t answer & I’ve answered!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Their business appears to be bait and switch tricking people out of their money. I was told by a online chat representative that I could ask one question for $1. I put in my credit card info and was immediately charged a full membership fee. Within minutes I went to cancel and was told there would be no refunds. All the customer service reps I spoke to (I spoke to many) told me that there would be no refunds and when I explained to them that I was misled and that it says on their own website that EVERY MEMBERSHIP comes with a FREE 7-day TRIAL. I have chat snapshot of them telling me this and then I was billed 61. When sent over to their customer service they said no refunds.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for providing this feedback.

We're very sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding. JustAnswer does not have a free trial offer at this time. If you were to visit the site as a new customer you would see that the price of the monthly membership is clearly stated on the payment authorization page.

In reviewing your account, I see that you accepted our monthly membership offer when you posted your question on our site. Please know that we do not enroll customers into the membership unless they accept our offer. The link below shows an example of the membership offer displayed during the posting process:

We've reached out to you privately about your billing concern. I assure you that moving forward you will not see any recurring membership charges. Your account is now on a pay-per-question basis and you will only be charged when you post a question.

If I can be of further assistance, please reach out to us at solutions@justanswer.com or you can call us at 800-808-0645 (6am to 9pm PST).

Best regards,

1-800-808-0645

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Well, your advice was good because it worked! We added a litter box and it did help. The next day the offending cat pooped in the new box. If she continues with the wrong pattern once she gets home to LA, I'm going to contact you again. For now, thank you for the help. (P.S. I will not be adding an image -- LOL).

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I received some very helpful advice on how to help my chihuahua, Willow, lose weight and become more healthy. I appreciate the help I got and plan to take the suggestions offered to set up a healthy program for her.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Our new Honeywell thermostat was causing our heat pump to blow hot air. I decided to try this service and was connected with Tim. He had my AC and thermostat running perfectly in less than 30 minutes. I am impressed!!!! Awesome work Tim.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

When I get in here and ask for a specific mechanic i.e.. Mercedes or Mazda, etc. that's what I want. Not a guy who no idea about the vehicle I'm working on. I had a Mazda mechanic answer. Did not send me to a Mercedes mechanic when asked and then wants a rating. Look at my interactions and you will see what I'm talking about. One of them actually said, "Call a dealership." If you pick up a question about a specific car better know your **.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Troubleshoot steps very good. Also Schematic helped greatly. Thanks. Was a little pricey but nice help and got back to me very quickly. Also checking back to check if I need more help save all notes for repairs at latter time.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The vet had me take my dog outside and induce vomiting. He also recommended following up with my vet since the medicine was so toxic. I did and after some IV fluids and medicine my dog seems to be recovering well. Thank you for your help.

Hello Jean,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this and letting us know how things went with the Vet.

We love hearing these stories, and we hope that your dog is doing much better. Please keep us in mind for any future questions or problems that come up. We're here to help 24/7.

Regards,
JustAnswer Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I had a question about YouTube TV. They answered being professional yet making sure I understood. It took very little time for them to answer. They were very friendly. They made sure I was satisfied with their answer and the results met my expectations.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I was so impressed by the incredible patience and compassion shown to me. I was not only given useful, helpful advice but it was a relief speaking to a legal expert who actually tried their best to help in my complicated situation. Will keep using just answer and recommend to friends.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I received prompt, knowledgeable advice from a great vet with "Just Answer." I will absolutely use them again. What a great service.. Very reasonably priced as well. We live in Maine, where there is a chronic vet shortage, so this service is really needed. I will tell my friends.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The person who helped me was a wealth of information. In addition to valuing the china I was interested in they also provided me with a reference for the back stamps the company used over time. Exceeding helpful! I will not hesitate to use them again~!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

My TV was not working and the question of paying someone to check it out and fix it vs buying a new one, left me with a dilemma. So I contacted Just Answer, described my TV’s symptoms, for a small fee. They described where the problem llay, how much it would cost for parts and service, and I quickly realized, it would be a bad investment to repair. Also recommend their when asks which brands they would feel comfortable with ownership. So we’ll worth the investment.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I was very worried about my dog. The vet that answered my question was informative. Professional and compassionate. He not only provided an answer. He told me he would be available to call back if I continued to have a problem. I highly recommend this service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have only used the service THREE TIMES in six months, regarding TWO technical issues. I got two out of three helpful answers, but one that caused me problems. I canceled my membership today and asked for at least one month's refund -- including one that was made just yesterday when I unsuccessfully tried to cancel, knowing the charge was imminent. I was unsuccessful because I was on my smartphone, since I was busy out and about. I was not satisfied with my telephone conversation with the customer service representative. They were very nice but not able to act in a humane way; they simply cited company "rules." I find it very hard to believe that the reason they couldn't give me a refund was because I accepted the terms of service when I started a free trial. If that were the case, then this company would never give refunds. I am still expecting a refund of one if not two months of what I paid.

Hello Tatiana,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We apologize for any confusion with our billing. The link below shows an example of the membership offer and fee structure displayed during the question posting process :

We will reach out to our Customer Support team to make sure your account was handled properly. We have opted you out of the membership and assure you that, moving forward, you will not receive any membership charges. When you come back to ask questions on the site, you can pay per question asked. If you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited

If you need any assistance with your account, you can reach our Customer Care team directly by E-mail at Solutions@justanswer.com or by Phone at (800) 808-0645.

Best,

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Very friendly, knowledgeable, and able to convey the information in a way that made me feel more at ease, and kept me from panicking. The veterinary nurse I communicated with was such a professional! I could tell she had many years experience, and I left the site feeling much better than when I entered. Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

After my puppy ate a small piece of a balloon, I was very unsure what to do next. The response from Just Answer was so quick. The vet confirmed the details of the situation, helped to put my mind at ease, and made great recommendations on what do for our dog, and what to keep an eye out for in case it was more serious. Fortunately our puppy was just fine and I'm so glad that Just Answer was around to help me so quickly.

Hello Carolyn,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience on the site.

We're thrilled to hear that the Veterinarian was able to help get you the information that you needed to address the issue with Mac, and without the need for a car ride to the Vet :)

If you ever need help with anything in the future, please keep us in mind. We're available 24/7.

Regards,
JustAnswer Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

At first I didn't know what I got myself into. But as the saying goes patience is virtue. I got the email and sure as the sun brings daylight the answer to the question I was needing was there with more than enough information. So with that being said, I'll now say this. Thank you for a great technical support team. You are as good as it gets.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I mistakenly criticized the response I was given. Change my rating to him to 5 stars. He was right and I was confused. Thanks for your time and for your website. I cancelled because I no longer need the site, but I may be back next time I need it.

Resolution response: Dec. 22, 2021

The company read my review and refunded me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Their business model appears to be tricking people out of their money and hanging up the phone on people who have fair and honest complaints. I was told by a representative that I could ask one question for $1. I put in my credit card info and was immediately charged a full membership fee. Within minutes I went to cancel and was told there would be no refunds. All the customer service reps I spoke to (I spoke to many) told me that there would be no refunds and when I explained to them that I was misled and that it says on their own website that EVERY MEMBERSHIP comes with a FREE 7 day TRIAL they hung up on me.

I've noticed that many other people have had this similar issue so it can't just be me. Customer service basically tells you that you can't read and that you should've known what you were paying. It's very insulting and unprofessional. These people are thieves. They charged me $46 for a 5 minute long membership and the expert didn't even answer my question. It wasn't even worth the $1 I thought I was going to pay.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We will reach out to our Customer Support team to make sure your account was handled properly. We have opted you out of the membership and assure you that, moving forward, you will not receive any membership charges. If you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited

If Sheila was able to give you a great answer, please rate her 5-stars so she knows she was helpful.

Best,