4.4/5 (423 ratings)

About JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer lets you talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. The company connects customers with verified and vetted experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services.

Pros

• Free 7-day trial
  • 150+ categories
  • Get an answer in as few as 6 minutes

Cons

• $5 base fee to ask a question

Bottom Line

JustAnswer is an online question and answer forum that gives users quick and affordable access to industry professionals. Ask questions and get answers 24/7 from JustAnswer’s verified experts.

JustAnswer.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustAnswer.com?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I was unsure if my dog had ingested some D3 vitamin. After Googling subject it sounded potentially serious. After speaking with Dr. Kara we determined it would take a lot to pose a problem. The relief was well worth the time and effort.

JustAnswer.com response

I am glad that Dr. Kara was there for you and gave you peace of mind!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

It's been a great experience 'til now. We have not finished with issue yet. Waiting on parts 'til now. It is been a pleasure working with JustAnswer tech. Very smart at what he does. Thank you for connecting with him.

JustAnswer.com response

You're welcome. Appreciate you sharing your experience!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I had an issue with a new thermostat installation that would not work. After several texts back and forth the technician walked me through the correct wiring at the thermostat and furnace board. He finally pointed to a wire that had become disconnected. After that was corrected it worked fine.

Awesome to hear!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I had a very specific car issue and the issue was not available from the car manufacturer or any online forums. The answer I got was surprisingly detailed and accurate and helped me when no one else could. I was also guided along the full process while they were quickly trying to find a specialist for me, assuring me that it was being looked into. Very impressed

JustAnswer.com response

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am happy the JustAnswer Expert was correct and helped you when no one else could.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I asked for a refund. They said l had 2 option. I told l wanted the dollar plan and they refused my request. Not fair. I just asked one question over a chat only to 5 minutes and now they are making me pay for a five minute chat.

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like you accepted an offer to try our membership program when you posted your Antique appraisal question on the site. The membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. I have opted you out of the membership.

As a courtesy, I have processed a refund of your most recent charge. The funds are made available to your bank the following business day and will appear on your next billing statement.

I assure you that moving forward you will not see any recurring membership charges.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Angela, JA Customer Care AngelaWS@justanswer.com 800-808-0645 ext. 28

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

The appraisal was fine and I had already looked on Etsy and eBay. But I thought An antique wedding shaped in excellent condition would be worth way more than what the last appraisal is. I thought they would have went up in value more than a couple of hundred dollars. But I know that Is not the appraiser's fault.

JustAnswer.com response

I am glad the JustAnswer Appraiser was able to connect with you regarding your antique wedding set. Let us know if you want to have more items appraised in the future.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Great assistance to figure out why newish KitchenAid dishwasher was not working. I barely know how to remove screws and was able to undo panels, drain water and get it going again. Super helpful directions all through text for a great price. Highly recommended!

JustAnswer.com response

Awesome, appreciate the recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

It did not take long for me to get the answer to my question. When I asked the legal status of my problem, he replied very quickly. It was so much easier than making an appointment with an attorney. More than likely, that would take much more time and probably cost me a lot of money. I will use this service in the future.

JustAnswer.com response

I am glad your questions were answered quickly. Let us know if you have more legal questions in the future. We are here to help save you time and money! :)

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

My little Chiweenie (under two pounds and about 3 months old) ate a red grape which I found out is potentially fatal. The doctor had me go get activated charcoal to give her. We did and she perked up soon after. Thanks for your awesome help! You saved my baby.

JustAnswer.com response

Amazing! I am so happy your little Chiweenie is perfect again! :) Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions in the future.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

After several personal attempts at correcting a audio/video synchronization on my tv, I called Just Answer for assistance; and not only did the technician help me to figure out the cause of the problem, he also assisted me in correcting the issue within a few minutes time.

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad the JustAnswer Technician helped fix your tv. Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The gentleman that helped was very pleasant and did a great job. I will say your advertising is very misleading. You advertise $1.00 for a week. When I paid it was $47.00. I also paid an extra $39,00 for the gentleman that helped me. I feel his fee was worth it. Do I get a refund of $46.00?

Hi Lou Ann,

Thank you for using JustAnswer! I'm glad to hear that you had a great answer.

I'm sorry to see you go but I have refunded the membership fee. Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Best,
Julie, JustAnswer Customer Care
For further assistance please contact us here:
JulieWW@justanswer.com or

800-808-0645 ext.35

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The expert answer my question quickly and give me a peace in mind. He also offer me ask more question if I want to. Do not mind about your money because you can receive answer from expert in many fields. Thank you so much for your service.

You're very welcome!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Very knowledgeable lawyer, gave me excellent advice about a thorny legal matter. Timely response, pleasant demeanor, accurate references, listened carefully and confirmed that he understood my issues. I would definitely use this service in the future if I have other issues. It was very convenient to speak to a lawyer in the state that I was interested in.

JustAnswer.com response

Awesome, let us know if you have more legal questions. We are available 24/7 to assist.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The technician I was working with was very helpful in getting me a link to resolve an issue. He stayed with me as I had further questions to ask of him. I would definitely use this service again in the future.

JustAnswer.com response

Appreciate you sharing your experience!

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2022

Thank you for resolving my issue. I do believe JustAnswer could better its marketing practices and be upfront about all fees to avoid situations like this in the future.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Please be careful if you want a 1-time service. The $2 service (in Canada) is a false claim and you will be billed a monthly membership. I wish I had consulted the BBB's website prior to using their services since there are several complaints with this same issue: **. You will be automatically billed $66 CA even if you just ask a question, limited the service to text only, and didn't register for the continuing service.

Hello Genevieve,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the membership offer.

In checking your account, I see that the CA$66 charge has already been refunded on 11/8/2022. The funds are made available to your bank the next business day, however, the bank may take 3-5 business days to release the funds back to your account depending on their policy.

VanessaVC@justanswer.com or 1-800-808-0645 ext 18

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

My dog had swallowed some pills and I called this service to find out how to help her they charged my account but never responded. They charged an extra 28 for a call but then texted that was not available. They stated the vet would text me help and send an answers but never did. When someone states they will help in an emergency then never does but takes your money is the worst form of fraud I can think of!

Hello Lisa,

This is definitely not the experience that we want to create for our customers.

I've cancelled the $28 charge. You will not receive an actual refund or credit back to your account since a charge was not processed, but the authorization shown on your card statement should drop off, usually within 3-5 business days, and it'll be as if the transaction never occurred.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Jan was an excellent source of legal information and ideas. She answered all of my questions clearly, was very well versed in California laws, and was kind, thoughtful and patient throughout our conversation. She gave her honest assessment of the possible outcome for my situation, which I greatly appreciated. I recommend her and the website to anyone who has urgent questions that need answers!

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad that Jan was able to answer all your legal questions. Let us know if you have more questions in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Look I didn't know think kinda thing was real, there is so much help for anything. Thank you, everyone needed to be treated like a human. I paid for it, and then I wrote in my issue and within minutes.

You're welcome!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I had a cardiology question and @the-good-doctor answered it quickly, helping reassure me that all was good. He asked a range of questions to get the correct information and then reassured me that I had nothing to worry about. It saved me an unnecessary trip to the doctor for what was a small but worrying issue. Well worth the monthly subscription to me.

Awesome to hear!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Austin was very helpful & was on the spot with the problem. Appreciate the help. He was very helpful, knowledgeable & patient. Will definitely use Austin again or Just Answer for their knowledge & convenience of working with them. Well Pleased.

JustAnswer.com response

Thanks for sharing your experience! I will pass your feedback to Austin. :)

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The ad says for a $1, you are charged $28 though, that's a bit concerning? However My appraisal was good. Dan was a pleasure to text with. I will continue to use this service for now. Dan was knowledgeable about my item.

Hello Kathy,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We are sorry that there was any confusion over the offer that you accepted when you posted your question on the site. I reviewed your account and found that the offer you accepted when you posted your question was for $28. Your payment is good for 30 days of asking questions on the site in any category, where renewal of the membership can be cancelled at any time.

If you need to make any changes to your membership, please use this link: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Our Siamese suddenly started having diarrhea and was very distressed. I called 5 vets in the area and could not get her seen for at least two weeks. I had a live-chat with Dr. **, followed his directions and our cat is back to normal. We were perplexed because she is an inside cat and has had the same diet for years. We found she partially ate a toy!

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad your cat is back to normal. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

My experience was great! My appraiser was thorough and to the point. Worth $28. Would definitely use this service again. The painting has been in the family for a long time. I have passed it down to my daughter who is the fourth recipient to own the painting. I will use this service again.

JustAnswer.com response

Awesome to hear! Appreciate you sharing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I became somewhat confused in receiving both emails and text messages to get myself registered with you. However in the end that was sorted. I am glad that I could use the app to chat over as texting from my end wouldn’t as I don’t have international call or text access on my phone as I am based in Australia. I believe this time difference may have impacted on the response time however I believe that is understandable. It may prove difficult in the future if the technician and myself are missing each other due to time differences however I will tackle that issue if and when it arises. The quality of the response I received was extremely helpful and James was customer focused. Pity you didn’t have listings of repair agents in my area however Google sorted that out. Overall very satisfied with the service. Regards Clinton

JustAnswer.com response

Great to hear you are a satisfied customer! Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

On Aug 24, was I leaded by an advertisement to this company’s web page which lured me to pay $2 to sign up to ask question. I agreed with the $2 fee and paid another $89 to have a call. Once I found the company can’t offer me any help I canceled my account successfully the same day on Aug 24. Three months later, I recognized I was charged for $86*3=$258 for the membership which was not accepted by myself with my intention. I was shocked and logged in my account to check, guess what happened? The magic! The company sent me a cancelation confirmation email immediately even while I didn’t do anything except LOGIN, to blur the view in my brain that the cancellation I successfully did on Aug 24 is just an illusion. What a meticulous thorough trap!

Although I was bogged down in the darkness yelling for the fairness, the company still blames me that I could not pay attention to the tiny-teeny fine print at the very deep bottom of the scroll down. The company attributing duties to the customer's side, and stepping away from taking its own obligation of clearly clarifying fees and charges ahead of time absolutely violates the professional ethics and the industry regulations, it also seriously harms to the consumers’ interests, and it shamefully breaks the free competitive market spirit of the honesty and fairness as well.

I appeal the company to check its dishonest advertising and the obscure subscription procedure. And I also appeal the company to refund me the monthly membership charge from an invalid agreement, which was made under the circumstance that the company intentionally concealed the fee provision to induce the customer’s unconscious decision.

Hello Caroline,

We are committed to doing right by our customers, so we would like to resolve this by providing a refund.

We've refunded your membership payments. The funds should be made available to your bank the next business day however the bank may take 3-5 business days to release the funds back to your account depending on their policy.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

The technician Randy diagnosed the problem and told me to get a part. The parts have been ordered and will be delivered in a few days. I gave Randy 5 stars because he replied within a reasonable time and he also gave me the part number of the part. Also we had follow up communications which is positive.

JustAnswer.com response

Awesome! I will pass your feedback to Randy. I am glad he helped!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Jason knew precisely what to do to resolve my Windows 11 question. He was efficient and accurate and resolved the issue in under 5 minutes. He was also courteous and respectful regarding my time and knowledge. I strongly recommend Jason **.

JustAnswer.com response

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I signed up for a 1 week trial for $5. The first day I asked a question and was not satisfied so I cancelled. They charged me $66. I have an e-mail saying 7 days is $5 unlimited questions and answers. I have spoken to 4 "customer service agents" but they just repeat the same policy and don't even answer my questions, both on the phone or through e-mails. When showed their agents the e-mail they didn't bother to comment. One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I can accept if I didn't read the fine print but it is very clear and they confirmed it in an e-mail to me before changing the rules. Complete joke of a company, beware.

​Hello,

I'm sorry for any confusion with our service. In reviewing your account, I see that you accepted our monthly membership offer when you posted your Orthopedics question on our site. Please know that we do not enroll customers into the membership unless they accept our offer. The link below shows an example of the membership offer and fee structure displayed during the posting process:

I was able to process your charge cancellation.. I have opted you out of the membership and assure you that, moving forward, you will not receive any membership charges.

If there is anything else I may help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,

Angela, JA Customer Care

AngelaWS@justanswer.com 800-805-5962 ext. 28

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

A few nights ago my dog ate some brownies. Thank God for Dr. **! He was so caring, knowledgeable and helpful!!! I will Forever use and recommend this service!!! I wish Dr. ** could be my dog's vet :) Forever grateful! This has to be the best service for animals out there! Keep up the great work!

JustAnswer.com response

I am so glad that the JustAnswer Vet was there for you! Appreciate you sharing your experience and for the recommendation. Yes, don't hesitate to reach out when you have more questions.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

When my microwave oven stopped working, I wanted some guidance before calling a repair shop. I prefer voice rather than text conversations for complicated issues. JustAnswer.com gave me the choice! Within minutes, a professional called me back and ten minutes later I had all the guidance needed to deal with a local repair shop. He was able to tell me what probably broke and how much it would cost to be replaced vs replacing with a new oven. I greatly appreciated this valuable advice.

JustAnswer.com response

Awesome, thanks for sharing your experience!

JustAnswer.com Company Information