2.4/5 (446 ratings)

About iYogi

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

iYogi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: June 2, 2016

I was a customer of iYogi for many years. While many times they frustrated me, they were helpful most of the time. The language barrier was an issue sometimes, but they seemed to always fix my computers and clean it up periodically. We renewed year after year and sometimes they did try to upsell me, and sometimes they were successful. A few months ago, they made my husband pay additional to clean up his computer when it was just a small issue.

Today, I decided to call them to get some help on my desktop. I haven't called them in months. I tried every possible phone number to no avail. Then I tried to use the Support Dock and TechGenie with no luck. I finally was able to connect with a tech through their chat box. But, something was fishy, so I disconnected. Does anyone really know what is going on with them? I paid for service for five years, but now it looks like I'm screwed. Stupid me for believing in them. I guess I will turn to Geek Squad as someone recommended.

Original review: May 27, 2016

I was scammed by this Co. also. No need to repeat anything with the reviews I have read. I'm just hoping they can't hit my checking or a credit card, whichever was used. Like all said, no phone numbers work, support dock don't work, tried to get somewhere today, no hope.

Original review: May 18, 2016

Simply put, iYogi has sabotage my computer by altering things in my computer and then selling me programs to correct the problems. All this was being done by their technicians using my freshly bought so-called programs. They informed me that they couldn't fix my problems unless I did buy these programs. So after I bought an assorted amount of programs I finally came to realize since nothing was fixed that it was a scam. I've been with iYogi for seven years. In that time they were in bed with McAfee and I felt they were honest and did good work. Since then their business has expanded to such a point you could wait hours instead of minutes to get a hold of a technician level II or level III as the their personnel was stretched so thin they decided to go get as much money as they could grab. (In my estimation)

As I expressed, they were with McAfee and then they had their own brand of virus protector called TechGenie which was supposed to take care of everything. At that point in time it seemed to do its job. But as the years went by certain problems would exist and they said that I would have to get the better TechGenie that just came aboard. I did so, then magically I had other problems that McAfee or anything else would've taken care of normally. That's when they started to say it was out of the Tech Genie's purview and additional programs had to be put in play, at additional cost to me. When these programs were to be used by the technicians to fix my problems and none of the problems and may I repeat NONE were fixed, I finally severed relationship with iYogi.

Since then I've employed an IT person who resolved all my problems in 10 minutes and since then have had no problems whatsoever. We installed Norton as a virus control program and all the excuses that I got from my iYogi or because of Windows 10 which would require additional programs was their excuse for selling me additional programs as well is bad mouthing Windows 10 which was playing havoc with the additional programs I was buying and they advised me to be patient as they were working out the difficulties. By the way, iYogi were the people who talk me into getting Windows 10 in lieu of my Windows 7 to begin with.

Original review: May 17, 2016

I opened an account in August of 2015. The account is to expire November 20, 2016. I have tried to get service for the last ten days. I spoke with six different techs and each time I gave my name, my email address, and my ID: **. Each of the six techs said there is no record of an account with any of the information I gave. One said the ID: ** was not correct because there were not enough numbers. The last tech character said if I pay $329 then I would have an account. I said I have an account that I have paid for and you are saying it does not exist which tells me the $329 account will be worth the one I have now. At the end of the conversation, I ask if he knew why at least four TechGenie show an all Red page on which Google is saying "Beware, this site is infected by Malware."

He hung up. I have a copy of the ID: **. Also, on that copy are the names of four employees. That copy came by email to confirm the account and the return address also proves my account. My last factual proof is I also have the contract which literally spells out that I have an account. In closing, I know I will not get my money back. I don't like it but I have made peace with it. My peace is maybe iYogi see this and, even better, maybe someone will see this that can do something about it. Maybe the People Connect USA won't like it. I was told they are Microsoft Partners and it is written on documents I have that they say they are. It could happen.

Original review: May 14, 2016

I was with iYogi approx 9 mos. The first 9 mos I had issues with my computer which they were helpful all the time. They did try to up sale at times. However my computer ended up with a virus which I believe they intentionally put on there and the following week I ended up giving into their sales pitch and paid 367.00. About a month later I needed to call them and the bar at the top of my computer was disconnected. All their phone lines, no one will pick up. I was warned and unfortunately I gave some scammer my money. DO not work with any company other than Geek Squad who is local. If they are overseas ALERT RED FLAG!!! I knew better myself. On a scale of 1-10 they are a 0.

Original review: May 13, 2016

When I joined iYogi a few years back, they provided very thorough and attentive service. Soon after, I found that they were calling too often to offer to tend to our computers and were often pushy and insisting that I upgrade, purchase software and/or extend my terms. Fortunately, I did not give in and do these things. Do not feel the need for revenge as I do strongly believe in Karma and I know everything will play itself out accordingly.

Original review: May 11, 2016

Spent hours with them over and over with no results. Initial contacts made my computer worst. Then with pushy tech to buy other systems that did not improve my computer they never made it work right. Then they will not help me remove them off of my computer which is like a virus. What a scam.

Original review: May 11, 2016

I just started using this company in October of 2015. I paid for a year's technical service and used the service 2 times. Now that I need them again, they are nowhere to be found. None of the phone numbers work, the chat doesn't work, none of the icons on my desktop work, no one answers the one phone number that does seem to be them but you are on hold for hours and then they hang up on you. I want my money back. I paid over $150 for their service and have been totally scammed. I'm so sick of companies like this. The only thing I have is an account ID number **.

Original review: May 7, 2016

In 2015 I opened a 5 year contract with iYogi because I was used to them providing very good service. However in the past 6 months or so the service has gone from fair to horrible. The phone numbers don't work, the chat line does not work. If you get lucky and get someone on the phone, or on-line, they claim to fix the problem, and as soon as they close the session you still have the same problem. I am so sorry that I paid them $350.00. I used to highly recommend them. However, if they told me the service was free for 1 year, I would not recommend my worst enemy to this company.

Also, they seem to have very incompetent technical support people working for them. They claim they are available 24/7 for technical support chat, but the site does not work. Also, because they have access to your computer they know how to remove the service or tamper with your computer. Yesterday, I first-hand witness the technical support person do this to my computer. I am seeking a refund in the amount of $280.00 and hopefully I get the remaining money back. They are hiding from the consumers as of this date and have created some very indecent methods of doing so. Yet, on December 17, 2015, the US Attorney General filed a lawsuit against iYogi, and they are claiming they are a victim.

Original review: May 3, 2016

I started with iYogi in 2011. As of May 3, 2016, they appear to no longer provide services for which I have paid upon renewal. All six phone numbers DO NOT RESPOND. The icons NO LONGER FUNCTION. The "Calls will be returned" function is not responsive and calls are not returned. If you get the recorded "HOLD FOR TECHNICIAN" message, I have been on hold in excess of one hour without response, then disconnected. File a complaint with your state attorney general, the consumer protection service, and your credit card company. Good luck. You are going to need it.

Original review: May 3, 2016

Have had IYOGI since 2012. Having same problems with service as others have listed. I had purchased their TechGenie through 2018. FDS Plan through 2020, and extended hardware coverage. When I called to use it on February 26th they said they no longer covered hardware and would refund the credit card I purchased it on. I called the credit card company in April and there had been no credit to my account. It was charged to by an account in Amsterdam.

I always had to call IYOGI to do my computer backups. They, over the years had sold me (3) backup drives: (1) 1 TB Seagate, (1) 2 TB WD My Passport, and (1) 5 TB Seagate and now I cannot access any of them. Seems like something has been disabled in my computer to keep me from using any backup or reading the ones I have. There is a place on the computer that says IYOGI backup. I am wondering if they saved it on their own system and I cannot get to it. 24/7? Do not use IYOGI.

Original review: May 1, 2016

I have been an iYogi Customer since 2011 and we are going to drop it after all these years based on the horrible customer service I had today. My Total Defense Internet Security will not work. I tried to use my iYogi Live Chat, it did not work. I tried to use the callback feature, it did not work. I CALLED iYogi myself... First I was on hold for an eternity. Then I called back. I was connected to someone who said they would help and then hung up on me. I called back AGAIN and got the RUDEST person I have ever encountered. I am paraphrasing but he basically said to me, "Too damn bad iYogi is down and your Total Defense Internet Security is down." When I asked worried, "Is my computer being left vulnerable right now?" He responded, "Yep...nothing we can do about it." Now I cannot even log into my account in order to delete the automatic renewal. This company is horrible and should be shut down. I will take legal action next if I have to.

Original review: April 30, 2016

I started with this company Nov. 11, 2013. At first they were good and get service in good order. But since of late I cannot get hold of them. In March 21, 2016 I paid them $489.99 for three years of service and cannot get hold of them to do anything with my computer. When I call them it takes sometime - 30 mins before they come on the phone then put me on hold for another 30 mins then disconnect me. The worst of my experience was March 29, 2016. I called at 5:00 pm with no response. I called back at 11:25 pm and 11:56 pm. They came on the phone and put me on hold until 12:21 am of March 30, 2016 and disconnect me.

I called back 8:26 am on March 30, 2016 and they phone rang out until 8:47 am. I called back 9:20 am March 30 2016 with no response. I have written them several emails with no response and I cannot get back the monies that I paid for the services that they are suppose to give me. They started out so good but they are a big fraud and most of the time when you call them for services they want to sell you some other service.

Original review: April 27, 2016

After being a satisfied customer, I had my first bad experience. I called for a tech to do a tune up. There was lots of laughter in the background, as well as clapping. The tech who was named Sutgat was rude and surly. He said my comp had deep-seated problems that could be fixed for an additional 320.00. I refused and he slammed the phone on me. I have called and talked to a supervisor claiming they didn't have an employee by that name. Something has certainly gone wrong. I had good service before but certainly won't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 23, 2016

I subscribed for computer support for 3 computers earlier this year. I had a problem with 1 last month. Called and got continued sales pitch to repair problem to the tune of $ 399. The support guy was relentless and when I continually asked to fix my issues, he started a full scan. After 1.5 hours of waiting for the scan, he continued on the sales pitch. He stopped the scan and said he would see what he could do. After just reading the complaints, I disconnected the remote connect and say GOODBYE. This is a fraud and should not be supported.

Original review: April 23, 2016

I was a customer as well for a year. I had to call several times for them to fix my computer as it never updated on its own and when I would log in and go to security there was always a banner saying that my computer wasn't protected and I had to update Antivirus manually. Just recently my Computer was majorly hacked... 1000s of IP addresses trying to steal my info! 2 weeks I tried to get a hold of them. It would ring and then disconnect! I am not impressed to say the least!

Original review: April 22, 2016

I had called several times wanting to speak with the billing department with no success since December 2015. Last time I spoke with a woman named Dolma who probably scammed me and told me that I would receive a refund on the service that was not provided. With many emails, phone calls with wait times for over an hour and then got disconnected. It is so frustrating. All the reviews I have read have been exactly how they have treated their customers. iYogi owes me $119.99. I have never seen such an unorganized company. Their customer service is very poor. Please help me get my money back!!! I would really appreciate it. You are my only hope!

Original review: April 22, 2016

I joined iYogi in 2014 and found their service fantastic. They got me out of all sorts scapes with my computer and I was very grateful. They encouraged me to contact them regularly and get my devices serviced. I paid them quite an amount but, since the cover was for 5 years, I was happy enough. I found the techies polite, attentive and very helpful.

It has been at least 9 months since I have contacted them but recently I needed some assistance. Their numbers were constantly unavailable. The Australian number gave a recorded message saying to contact them during working hours. I did so on many occasions but still got the same recorded message. I sent them emails and they told me they would get back to me within 48 hours but that has never happened. On some occasions I was put on hold and, after 40 minutes, the phone went dead.

However finally I got through. The young man I spoke to looked at my computer and told me, with a great sense of alarm, that it was very vulnerable. Attempts had been made to hack it and I needed new internet security. He told me it would cost $926 (Australian) for 3 years cover, but it was imperative that I take his advice. Having had such a struggle to get through I felt trapped and, stupidly, agreed. The techie then worked on my computers for more than an hour.

It was only afterwards that I read the complaints on this website. I have attempted to contact them again in order to cancel my purchase but it is impossible to get through. I have tried a range of numbers but nothing works. The only thing that does work is the chat window but I was told to ring the accounts number and, of course, that number is constantly unavailable.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Had them for many years. Bought product Oct 2015. Stopped working. Wanted 199.99 to look at it. Never enough. Always something your computer is doing wrong and a product that you need to make it right and if it does not work they will sell you something else. Buyers beware!!!

Original review: April 20, 2016

I have been on hold with iYogi tech and transferred 12 times to a level 3 tech, never once getting through to anyone. I have been on hold for almost 30 hours, over the last two weeks since an iYogi tech took control of my second computer, the day after the internet went down and all my Windows files can't be opened.

Original review: April 14, 2016

My experiences mirror all the bad things already mentioned from... 800 #s not working to unbelievably long wait times. One time I only got past the first hurdle where they verify account. I was cut off after 40 mins whilst waiting for a tech. After 3 hrs nothing. Tried 5 hrs later. Got to first hurdle after 40 mins. I wanted to start taking names, but the CSR deliberately avoided spelling all of it and hung up. This company won't be in business long. You can't treat people this way.

Original review: April 13, 2016

For nearly a decade I had successfully utilized iYogi Computer Services and was pleased even though they always had a sales pitch. However, since I needed their services about three weeks ago, they have been terrible. Most of the phone numbers I have/had no longer work. When I do get them, I'm placed on extended holds, usually 35-45 minutes, and then the phone disconnects. In all, I'm out over $500 now and I seem to have no recourse. The three times I actually reached anyone, they explained their higher than usual call level and put me back on hold, but not before getting money. Unless you want to throw your money away as I seem to have done, DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: April 11, 2016

I paid iYogi a lot of money and they messed up my computer. I demanded my money be refunded and they told me they would refund $498.00. This problem begun back in October of 2015. I have spoken with them every two weeks since then, and all they will tell me is to wait 5 to 10 business days and I should get the money. I have not seen the money yet. I want my money. These people are thieves and are not trustworthy. All they do is lie. I do not recommend doing any kind of business with them. They are smooth talkers and will steal your money.

Original review: April 10, 2016

About 10 days ago I received a call from someone who said they were with iYogi. Well, they said that iYogi was having problems with lawsuits, etc., because someone had hacked into their computers. They told me the only way to stop my computer from being frozen was to give them cash through Western Union, which I did. Stupid me. They hacked into my computers, my bank and PayPal getting money to the tune of $1,800 plus. Beware, and hopefully this won't happen to you. Forewarned is forearmed.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I had been with Iyogi a number of years and even though my year was not up yet I was talked into signing up for another year. Like a fool I did it, Now I try to get in touch with them but they don't answer their phone, don't respond to chat and don't have live on my computer. All I hear about that the AG is involved somehow. Well when is he going to do something so all of the people could get some of their money back?

Original review: April 8, 2016

I paid for 5 year plan in Feb. 2015 and was initially pleased with service. Recently, I see that the service dock is no longer active on my computer and phone numbers do not work. I read that many people have complained recently so I know my problem is not an isolated incident. Very frustrating! I will be placing a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs and the BBB.

Original review: April 5, 2016

I paid for a five-year contract at a cost of $349.99 and now can not get anyone on the phone. Looks like a lot of people have scammed. Maybe one of us that was scammed will be a lawyer and will file a class action lawsuit for everyone. Will not trust anyone for a phone contract again.

Original review: April 4, 2016

I have been with iYogi since 2010. Never had a problem. Now I just went to use live help and windows says not working. Cant get any answer from phone calls. Checked some complaints, it seems everyone has the same problem. I guess we got dumped.

Original review: April 2, 2016

Was with them for about five years, but last year kept wanting to upgrade 3 more years and I said no. My last three haven't expired and planned on retiring in a couple years. Now can't get ahold of any number. They won't call me, none of the dock works. So guess I'm another victim. Does anyone have an alternate that they trust?

Original review: April 2, 2016

I have asked and been told on the phone and in writing SEVEN times since mid-December that I would receive my $389.99 refund in seven to 10 business days. Well, Wednesday I was assured, once again, that I would receive it, except this time it was three days. As others have said, it's a long and frustrating process just to get someone on the phone. I've gotten very good at pushing people to get information. Their excuses, of course, never match up with what the last person said. I've been told they had to investigate my claim, they were shorthanded during the holidays, that the last day of the 10 days was "holiday" (though another week had passed), and the other day I got probably the most honest answer "money problems."

iYogi is in a downward spiral and they are being sued on several fronts for unpaid bills and broken contracts. Folks, our money is gone. My only question is whether Vishal Dhar goes to jail for stealing it. He belongs there.

iYogi Company Information