2.43/5

Looking for a tech support service?

iYogi

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

Today’s highly tech-dependent lifestyles have created an enormous need for professional tech support services. Filling this need gap neatly, iYogi helps consumers and small businesses get the most out of the technologies they use every day by removing the stress and frustration experienced by people when dealing with technical problems. iYogi also helps enterprises transform customer experiences and increase satisfaction and lifetime value by enabling them to offer high quality technical support services for out of scope issues.

On-demand remote tech support:

iYogi offers 24/7 expert tech support across a wide range of computing devices and software applications and platforms. Customers rely on iYogi for setup, installation, networking, diagnostics, repair, security, optimization, and usability assistance services for 500+ technologies including PCs, smartphones, servers, printers, and tablets. iYogi offers different subscription packages: single incident plans, an annual unlimited subscription plan, and even more comprehensive Digital Home Plans that ensure customers’ needs are met.

iYogi’s go to market is by providing tech support directly to customers through the Internet, or via partnerships with telecom service providers in different countries.

Awards and Recognition:

• CMMI Level 3

• ISMS ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• PCI DSS

View More View More

Looking for a tech support service?

580 iYogi Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

As with everyone who wrote, I got scammed into thinking they were a MICROSOFT technical help. I also paid $299.00 many years ago. They are now HARASSING us many, many times a day on different numbers. I also gave in and let them take control of my computer, then I panicked and demanded they let the computer go that is was a family emergency and they could be in touch on another number. They released the computer. I deleted everything from the computer related to computer sharing, plus. They have not stopped calling. Today they left a message, never saying who they were, that they were charging us an automatic renewal charge of $299. BEWARE.. We reported them to our charge card companies.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I kept getting calls for a refund on my tech-support from iYogi. So I called. They wanted me to give them access to my bank account so they could send me a refund directly to my bank account. I would not do this and they were very persistent. Eventually they said they wanted to take the computer sharing software off my computer. What they actually did was lock my computer up at start up with a password and I cannot access the computer at all now without the password they installed. And now they want $300 to unlock my computer.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased a five year 3 computers maintenance contract with iYogi in 2015. After the initial problems my computer never seemed to have any significant problems. Although not yet five years I started receiving calls about autopay renewal of what iYogi described as subscriptions that needed to be updated. Was this a possible scam? The autopay aspect got my attention so I found my original paperwork and called the customer support. Again a vague description of how some subscriptions such as Microsoft or Windows needed to be renewed.

I indicated that the computer was working and did not agree to the renewal of the indicated systems because they were operating fine. I told the tech in fact I wanted to end the whole iYogi contract. He said he needed to therefore remove certain iYogi files from my computer. My mistake - he removed what appeared to be his iYogi files but also Norton - which I had my own subscription to - and when he disconnected my computer no longer will connect to the internet. The files for wi-fi have been removed and the system will not get out of airplane mode. When I called back to get them fix what they messed up - they would only fix it if I paid the hourly tech rate. I won't pay them a dime more. I will get the computer fixed by my local guys rather than ever deal with iYogi again.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I needed Apple Support so that is what I searched for. The first one that came up turned out to be iYogi and I truly thought I was being helped by Apple Support. Same story as all the ones below. They got remote control of my computer and fixed a problem. They got a good bunch of money from me for 5 years of support. I was worried and my son looked into it telling me I had been scammed. I have been harassed for a year now with daily obnoxious calls telling me I have a $299 refund owing to me. I even told them I sold my computer so mail me a cheque or send me an email and I will sign the refund form. No, they want you in front of your computer, they want you to let them in again. The calls from many different numbers are harassment! We all have the same story! Where can we get help?

Original review: March 28, 2019

It began when I had an issue with my PC. I did not vet them then, but paid them to assist - they did solve my problem. Everything was quiet for a long time. Then they started calling, and calling, and calling. They wanted to remote into an open online session while they deposited funds into my account. (they also masquerade by saying they are from the Microsoft refund department). They would not cut a check. I've blocked about 30 phone numbers associated with their calls. One time I spent time on the phone with them, worked my way up to the 'supervisor' who cussed me out for my obstinance in not giving them access to my banking. Now they are spoofing my own number (caller ID). Four calls within the past 3 hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Used them 4-5 years ago and simply will NOT stop calling- same thing, want access to your computer to give you a refund then threaten to bill your credit card if you don't comply. I can't believe there is no stop to these people; they're clearly engaged in fraud, and with all the voices I heard in the background, it's enterprise fraud. Does anyone know where they can be reported besides this site?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Not unlike sooo many of you, I've fielded 6, 8, 10, even upwards of 15 calls a day from iYogi for a number of months now trying to give me a refund - but only if I give them unfettered remote access to my computer...ay de mi. Much like many of you, politely and even not so politely have requested to be removed from their call list; which often resulted in expletive laden responses from the iYogi rep before hanging up on me (clearly not removing me from the call list as usually I get another call from them within 60-90 minutes). "** USA" is the one they really like before hanging up on me after I request to be removed from their call list. Yesterday the iYogi rep said "you are like my girlfriend and I will call you when I want as often as I want. And there's nothing you can do about it". FREAKED me out!!!

After tons of research I found a solution - but only if you're an AT&T mobile subscriber. If you are a AT&T mobile customer you can download AT&T Call Protect (which is a separate app but does not cost you anything additional for the basic service). You can add the iYogi numbers to the block list on AT&T Call Protect. The next time they call from a logged/blocked number, it seems to the caller (iYogi) that the line has been disconnected. Voila - they hopefully will not continue to try to call what appears to be a disconnected number. The calls do not go to your voicemail. They do not even ring through in the future. AT&T Call Protect makes it sound (to the caller) that the line has been disconnected.

I do not work for AT&T - am not being compensated by AT&T - but found this solution to a VERY frustrating iYogi refund scam. I hope it helps others who are having the same challenge. If you're not an AT&T mobile user - call your carrier and see if they have a similar feature. AT&T Call Protect Basic does not cost a penny. And so far, it working for me!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I fell prey to swift/difficult to understand-talking, INDIA accent selling me on their tech support, foolishly granting them remote-access to my computer to address their claimed problems with my Windows OS. Though it might seem impressive watching their remote access on your monitor, what were they running that flew by on the screen so fast?

After cancelling subscription, reformatting-reloading Windows on my hard-drive to get rid of their software, they continued to call with HIGH pressure sales pitching. Years later, today they continue to call NOW offering refund for subscription, but directing me to site to DOWNLOAD for access to form for their claimed refund. I refused to download, didn't want their software on my machine again with remote access and God only knows what they are doing having that level of access.

STAY AWAY... Take your machine to a reputable STORE FRONT or research first for service. If you can't trust banks or even Experian credit reporting to keep your valuable personal financial information safe, why give full remote access to your computer to these criminal knuckleheads? Would you fall for my attempt to sell you sell you your own dirty clothes? Sadly too many of us are too trusting and not until after, do we realize we just got robbed. Phoooeee!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I used iYogi a couple of years ago and it was ok. My issue with them is lately they have taken to calling me 10xs a day and refuse to take me off their list. They claim to have a refund for me $299.00 but they want access to your computer. I have asked them to stop calling and they have ramped up the calls. They are aggressive rude and relentless. DO NOT GET INVOLVED!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

You receive a call form iYogi (does not exist any longer.) 888-919-6141. You are being told you have refund coming of @299. In order to get your refund you need to access your computer. DO NOT DO THAT. If you asked to send an email with the information they will hang up. Or if you request to send it by mail, they will hang up. These guys are very convincing and extremely pushing. IT IS A FRAUDULENT SETUP AND THESE GUYS ARE COOKS AS BAD AS THEY COME.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have been dealing with iYogi for several years and every time I call them there is always a problem with my computer that will take a new program to fix it. Not being very computer savvy I have relied on what they have told me and unfortunately, I have given them more money than they are worth. Today I called after I opened an item on Facebook and got a warning that I was infected with a virus. They told me they cleared up the virus and I was secure externally but I needed a Network Security Setup to protect my computer internally at the cost of $ 399.00 for 3 years $ 499.00 for 4 years and $ 599.00 for lifetime. I told them I would buy a new computer and get a new tech company and they indicated this would not fix the problem. I do not intend to pay them another dime. I am so sorry that I ever gave this company a $1. They start out very helpful but then it is all about money. Do not do business with them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I previously had computer tech support from IYOGI and had no problems. However, about 5 months ago, I received a call stating that they had gone out of business and wanted to send a refund to me for $399.00. They wanted my checking account number, which I DID NOT GIVE THEM. I told them that if they could not mail a check for the amount to my home address, I did not want to deal with them. They are now calling me at least 3-5 times a week from different locations, still wanting me to obtain a refund by giving them my account. I don't know what I can do to have them stop calling me. I have blocked all of their numbers on my phone, and they still keep calling. It's very frustrating. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE SHYSTERS!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Won't let you off the line and won't let you back to your computer... HORRIBLE. They threaten to not return your computer to yourself. They took control of my wife's computer and wouldn't return functions till she buys something. This is a formal complaint. They literally hold you hostage till you purchase their services. This is horrible, they won't let you off the phone and return your computer back to normal functions till you buy something from them. We've been screaming for a supervisor for 1 hour, to NO avail.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

They're still at it. Not only do they call me almost every day offering to "optimize" my computer, but are still offering the spurious "refund". Having fallen for their tricks before, I won't give them access to my computer and I'd NEVER give them my banking details. They are claiming that the refund is being done under the auspices of the FTC. I told them to send me a check and they predictably refused, saying that I was required to fill out a refund form and give them access to my bank information. These guys are crooks. Whenever they call I ask them if their mothers know the kind of dishonest business they're in.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I made the mistake of giving iYogi remote access to my computer. While I was talking to them, one page of explicit pictures appeared with old men sitting with naked five or six year old naked girls on their laps! This is the one and only time I have ever seen kiddie **. Boy they said, "You could go to prison for this. You better let us take care of this. We can clean this serious problem up for $5,000. And this is serious. Let us fix it and do nothing not tell anyone about this." I did not take the bait. I took my old laptop that was refurbished when I bought it out of service and bought another refurbished PC. No more allowing anyone remote access to my computer. The calls stopped after an iYogi rep called and I told him I had called the FBI. In fact, I only called my local police. Now, I get calls on a daily basis from them. My cell is on the national. Do not call registry. Clearly, they don’t observe any US laws.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I was called from iYogi last night stating I was due a refund since company closed. I like a dummy logged in and let them remotely access my computer and logged into my checking account. I went thru all the forms and let them "supposedly" deposit $399.00 in my account, "they" made a mistake and deposited $3999.90 and tried to blame it on me and that I needed to go to Target or Walmart and send them back $3600.00. It was 8 pm and I did not want to go out and do this tonight, I would do this tomorrow. He told me they would lose that customer and I had to go tonight. I refused.

After 55 minutes on my cell phone and a very persistent salesman who I could barely hear and understand, I hung up. Turned the computer and my phone off. I called my bank this morning and reported this and they stated they had transferred the $3999.90 from my savings into checking and made it look like they deposited the money. I have locked my account now and I may have to closed out my accounts and open new accounts. DO NOT EVER fall for this scam and if anyone ever calls and ask for personal information do not do this!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Today 9/13, I received a call from iYogi at exactly 5:22 EST from 800-237-3901. The guy, whose English was almost inaudible, asked me if I remembered the time he serviced my computer. I responded 'no'. He then told me I needed work done on my laptop. I said 'no thank you.' He asked if he should just hang up. I replied 'yes'. He finished with "** the U.S". (No, I'm not kidding). What an absolute disgrace that these people can still do business with anyone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I was somehow connected with this company while working through a iTunes issue several years ago. The technician tried to sell me a support contract for over $600. I made the mistake of giving them my email address and phone number. I now receive calls several times per week from iYogi representatives telling me that I need to pay them for protection from illegal activity taking place with my email. Recently the technicians have become rude and will yell insults and threats. Today the technician threatened to use my information to make my life a living hell. Because they are based in India there is nothing that can be done.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I previously had services with iYogi and had discontinued services with them. I then read that they were being investigated for their scams. Yesterday iYogi contacted me to tell me I had a refund and they wanted to deposit it directly into my checking account. While online with them, they "deposited $5,299.00 into my checking and then said it was a "mistake" and to go to Wal-Mart and Target and get gift cards to reimburse them. I told the rep that I thought this was a scam and he then said he would take all of my money from my checking and savings and hold my computer hostage till I sent him the gift card numbers. I told him I was going to my bank and report this scam.

The bank manager told me that iYogi had taken the $5,299.00 from my savings to show in my checking account and also the iYogi rep had authorized a Quick Pay of $1900.00 to iYogi. The bank manager immediately froze my accounts and I am now left with the hassle of obtaining new account numbers, notifying some of my automatic withdrawals/deposits services of my new numbers, ordering new checks, waiting for new debit/credit cards. iYogi should be investigated and their services should be suspended, plus a lawsuit should be started for all the people they have scammed. How can they legally manipulate banking numbers without the customers' knowledge? Please stop these scammers.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I used iYogi Tech Support ONCE a few years ago and now they will not stop calling and harassing me. I've told them many times over that I DO NOT want them calling me anymore and they stay on the phone and argue with me until I hang up on them. If I continue to get calls from them, I'm contacting my lawyer. NO MEANS NO!!! They obviously don't understand this and I'm VERY angry. They need to be stopped!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I received relatively great service and support for the 1st few years. I then purchased a five year plan and TechGenie and security, etc. The ability to contact and get service became almost non-existent and the quality of service drastically diminished. Also, the efficacy when able to get service followed suit. I stopped using their service, chose a different company for security and support and had all traces of iYogi removed from my computers. Now several years later, they call me all day every day. Any consumer choosing to do business with this company should consider calling the man with the butterfly net to come and haul them off to the nuthouse!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Pain in you know what. I used iYogi several years ago with a 3 year plan. When my contract expired they convinced me (scare tactics) to take their $149 package. Found out 2 weeks later the scam practice of this company. Called them and ask for a refund. But first they tried all sorts of tactics for me to stay with them. Held my ground and they said they would refund me my money. NEVER HAS. They started calling again about 2 weeks ago and haven't stopped. I put their number on a block list but they keep calling back using a different phone number. I now have 5 phone numbers blocked. Today they called 3 different times using different numbers. Ask to speak to a supervisor and they hung up on me. Told them several times that I was still waiting for my refund. They just don't care, they are rude and try to make you feel like an idiot. I am an 80 year (young) senior and still have all my mental capacities. Can anyone tell me how do we stop these people?

Original review: April 3, 2018

I gave it two stars because the guy that worked with me did a great job on removing viruses, he called about every two or three week, then he didn’t call for a few weeks. I got a call from them, it was a different person, telling me that something went wrong with their system and that they wanted my bank account. It was a shell game, they made it look like I put in the wrong amount in, and that I was suppose to go to Walmart to buy gift cards to repay that amount that supposedly I did, so, luckily there’s my bank along the way. As I was driving, I left the window open and put my phone on speaker so the they could hear the traffic. When I got to the bank, I took the phone off speaker, left the phone in the car, went in the bank, and change my bank info. By time I got home my computer was locked, took it to Staples and got the code iYogi use to break in my computer and all I had to do was reinstall a few programs.

Original review: March 14, 2018

5 years ago I got a virus on my computer and GeekSquad employee recommended I use iYogi to remove the virus. I did. It worked. After that, I started to receive daily calls to buy their services... every day for 5 years straight. Nothing I tell them stops the calls. My phone is on the Do Not Call Registry and I've complained there. Still nothing happens.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

See the internet and the ranking of IYOGI by others. One star. I found them dishonest years ago and found the honest PC Support.com. There maybe others but.

IYOGI calls my telephone number almost weekly or when they need new customers and I can't stop them. At least I don't know how. If anyone can tell me how to block their calls please do.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was with iYogi Tech Support for 3 years. I kept having all kind of troubles with obvious clichés, black screens, slowed operation of emails and other programs, etc. Eventually, the iYogi techs had me buy their "Tech Genie Program" to clear the problems at C. $60 a year then, they had me buy the Windows 8, then Windows 10 (which was free from Microsoft), then a special program to make "Tech Genie" work better, and finally 5 (five) years of their services! They got me to the tune of $959.00 and I still had trouble with my computer sign on, programs, emails, etc., etc.

Finally, I asked for a pro-rated refund of my money from them which came to (less the time of usage) about $259.98. I never got a refund, I, therefore, dropped them and got another tech support service. I am still getting harassing phone calls from iYogi as they want to take over control of my computer! (Like I would fall for that after what I've been through!) Now, I have a good tech support service my computer is running fine; which tells me iYogi was creating the problems so that I could pay them to fix them! I have complained to the FTC, BBB, and now to Consumer Affairs. I simply cannot believe that people are still rating iYogi high...when they are the epitome of SCAM! DO NOT USE, FALL FOR, GIVE MONEY TO, OR SPEAK TO iYogi Tech Support. My rating for them is **. Take my word for it. This company needs to be prosecuted for fraud, theft, and as a very ingenious SCAM!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I started using iYogi 7 years ago when I bought my last computer and they were recommended by the internet security software company I used to install my security. I used them another 3 years but every time I called with a problem they would attempt to get me to sign on for additional services even when I clearly stated I was calling for service and would not be extending my service or adding to it. I finally asked for a supervisor and told them that the next time they started hacking me about renewing early I would cancel.

When I got a call from them at 4AM one day, I canceled my service.I did owe them anything. Another supervisor called to try to get me back as a customer and I declined. Recently, almost 4 years later, I have started getting phone calls at all hours from someone from iYogi claiming that they got a message from my account or from Microsoft or today from my email account notifying them that I had been hacked. I have asked this man numerous times to take my number out of their system. Today he told me ** and then asked if I had a ** when I asked to speak to a supervisor. This man had my account number from iYogi but when I called their corporate office I was told they are out of business and the new business name is Tech Plus.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I used iYogi tech support services several years ago till I finally caught on to their scam of telling you something is wrong with your computer and they will fix it by taking remote control, which they then use to get you to purchase more products. I cancelled everything but several years later, they are constantly calling me to presumably refund my money. I have told them I am not interested and don't want them to call again but they persist. And I mean persist! They have so far used 3 different untraceable numbers and call several times a day. I have blocked all these calls but it's really obnoxious. I can't figure out why they keep calling! I wish there was some way to make them stop!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Received a call one night claiming that my computer wasn't working right and that it needed to be fixed. I had a bit of trouble understanding the Indian accent, but was able to understand enough that I "needed" help. The dumb sucker - me - fell for the scam, even WHEN he got into my computer. He was able to show me all of the numbers on my computer that were wrong. Soon after my $200 were in his pocket, I learned that this was a scam. I went right to the c.c. company, they credited my $, issued me new card. iYogi continued to call, call, call. Then calls stopped. Now they want to give me $200 back PLUS $50 for my trouble. Oh. And they want to get into my computer to do it. NO WAY JOSE! 7 calls in past week.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

As of the last 2 -3 months, I've been getting some calls from a person claiming to be Alex from iYogi. About 3 years ago, I signed up with them for computer support, which really didn't amount too much. Then, the calls started coming on, claiming they are trying to refund money into my account. I checked my account, and over the past 3 years, I've received no information they were taking money from my account. I'm getting these calls at least twice a week from this guy called Robert. I asked for his phone number and he gave me (682) 500-3952.

I called that number, no answer. Robert has an Indian accent, but the calls continue. Calls were now coming from a spoofed caller ID: (254-585-85). Certainly not a valid number. Calls were immediately hung up as I said "Hello". Then, this morning, I was able to talk to this Alex guy, and asked him for the company name, address, phone number, and email address, thinking that if he wants to refund my money, he would be anxious to provide me that info. He immediately hung up. Obviously, he was intending to ask me for my ATM card number to scam me. FACT: This Alex guy said he was from iYogi, and wants to refund money from me, which he hasn't taken any from me. So - BEWARE of people representing iYogi, telling you they want to refund your money. It's probably a scam.

iYogi expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iYogi provides tech support to customers and small businesses. It is available in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, India and Singapore.

• Inexpensive: The support plan is inexpensive compared to most of its competitors.

• Polite service: The company has high satisfaction rates when it comes to customer service.

• Experienced: iYogi has been around for more than five years, which is longer than many of its competitors.

• No AV software license: iYogi doesn’t include a license for antivirus software in their subscription plans, which can be a deterrent for some companies.

• Barriers: Because their support is largely outsourced offshore, most of the techs do not speak English as a first language. This can be an issue when dealing with highly technical problems.

• Support: iYogi requires that the consumer is present via phone or chat in order to conduct support measures.

• Best for: Small businesses, corporations