1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a tech support service?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

iYogi

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

Today’s highly tech-dependent lifestyles have created an enormous need for professional tech support services. Filling this need gap neatly, iYogi helps consumers and small businesses get the most out of the technologies they use every day by removing the stress and frustration experienced by people when dealing with technical problems. iYogi also helps enterprises transform customer experiences and increase satisfaction and lifetime value by enabling them to offer high quality technical support services for out of scope issues.

On-demand remote tech support:

iYogi offers 24/7 expert tech support across a wide range of computing devices and software applications and platforms. Customers rely on iYogi for setup, installation, networking, diagnostics, repair, security, optimization, and usability assistance services for 500+ technologies including PCs, smartphones, servers, printers, and tablets. iYogi offers different subscription packages: single incident plans, an annual unlimited subscription plan, and even more comprehensive Digital Home Plans that ensure customers’ needs are met.

iYogi’s go to market is by providing tech support directly to customers through the Internet, or via partnerships with telecom service providers in different countries.

Awards and Recognition:

Certifications:

• CMMI Level 3

• ISMS ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• PCI DSS

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

552 iYogi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Received a call one night claiming that my computer wasn't working right and that it needed to be fixed. I had a bit of trouble understanding the Indian accent, but was able to understand enough that I "needed" help. The dumb sucker - me - fell for the scam, even WHEN he got into my computer. He was able to show me all of the numbers on my computer that were wrong. Soon after my $200 were in his pocket, I learned that this was a scam. I went right to the c.c. company, they credited my $, issued me new card. iYogi continued to call, call, call. Then calls stopped. Now they want to give me $200 back PLUS $50 for my trouble. Oh. And they want to get into my computer to do it. NO WAY JOSE! 7 calls in past week.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

As of the last 2 -3 months, I've been getting some calls from a person claiming to be Alex from iYogi. About 3 years ago, I signed up with them for computer support, which really didn't amount too much. Then, the calls started coming on, claiming they are trying to refund money into my account. I checked my account, and over the past 3 years, I've received no information they were taking money from my account. I'm getting these calls at least twice a week from this guy called Robert. I asked for his phone number and he gave me (682) 500-3952.

I called that number, no answer. Robert has an Indian accent, but the calls continue. Calls were now coming from a spoofed caller ID: (254-585-85). Certainly not a valid number. Calls were immediately hung up as I said "Hello". Then, this morning, I was able to talk to this Alex guy, and asked him for the company name, address, phone number, and email address, thinking that if he wants to refund my money, he would be anxious to provide me that info. He immediately hung up. Obviously, he was intending to ask me for my ATM card number to scam me. FACT: This Alex guy said he was from iYogi, and wants to refund money from me, which he hasn't taken any from me. So - BEWARE of people representing iYogi, telling you they want to refund your money. It's probably a scam.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017
iYogi random called me from an unlisted number. With little or no information who they were, and with some urgency, they told me I must turn on my computer right now and get a security update. I believe I also heard something like "no charge". I am fairly tech skilled and aware - and I immediately suspected a scam.

So I innocently asked some questions. Then, partly because of the difficulty I had understanding the agent's heavy Indian accent, I asked to talk to the supervisor. After I specifically asked these questions, the supervisor, also with an Indian accent; told me the company was iYogi. Explaining I was being cautious, knowing this was a common scam danger, and shouldn't Microsoft be doing security revisions, he said they were a "Microsoft Certified" service company, based in Texas. He explained they sometimes use agents from India... I asked if he knew what kind of computer I had. He said "Windows 10"... Obviously just a good guess.

I was amazed how, expressing my concern, I noticed how other questions were artfully dodged as well. I could have been easily been taken in except: I had been approached by iYogi two years ago, and for what was supposed to be a "nominal charge" ended in them demanding a huge amount of money. They called me very insulting names after they partly installed some software, then told me how much to finish, and I balked at giving them my credit card number. They hung up. I had to, with some difficulty, remove their software on my own to get my computer functioning again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

31 phone calls from differing numbers for iYogi. Another 2 today. This telephone number showed as a NJ phone call, I cross checked it, comes back to a Jacksonville, FL phone so they are now phishing (is that the correct terminology?) Anyway, today they told me I was getting a $299.99 refund back, please go to my computer. I told them send me the check, they said they could not do that. Told me go to the computer and they would walk me through the process to complete the "form", told them I was not doing that, send me an email. He said, they can't do that they are no longer in business. Told them "I'm not going to my computer, don't call again". I blocked that number, expect repeated calls in the future. Block any of their numbers, keep a log of the numbers, date, time and telephone number. Report it to your state Attorney General's office and the do not call list.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Scammed out of $500.00. Person representing iYogi contracted me by phone. Offered a rebate fund of $349.99 to do this. Was online. During transaction he showed me a transaction for $968. Huge mistake! We worked out a deal to refund iYogi $500.00 by Western Union. My bank account shows that no $968.00 was credited to account, therefore $500.00 was removed from my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I made the mistake of thinking I wanted or needed their services. After about 10 minutes on the phone, they told me they needed to access my computer to make repairs. At this point, I said no because at no point did I want anyone accessing my computer over the phone. I stated that at the start of the conversation, I was told they would just give me the code to unlock one of my programs and that I could take it from there. I said no and canceled everything. A month later I was charged a fee and I contacted my c.c. company and told them I did NOT authorize the transaction. Finally, after a few emails and phone calls the actual company credited my card. A year later they keep calling and calling. I had to get really rude this time and told them to take me off their list as I will never ever deal or recommend them. It is now turning into harassment so I'm starting with this post and if they keep calling me I will have to take further action.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I purchased iYogi antivirus protection several years ago and when I actually had a virus on my computer they took remote control over it, screwed it up, charged me more money and then scammed me out of more money by stating they were not able to repair the problem and I had to be connected to another group. I had to provide my credit card number so that my computer could be repaired and in the meantime my credit card company called me stating that there were gaming charges that just came up on my card. My credit card company blocked my card immediately and issued me a new one. Now iYogi calls and harasses me each and every day. I have no idea why they waste their time harassing people. This company needs to be shut down!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had a contract with iYogi. Every time they called they pushed for me to buy new support products from them. When my contract was up I didn't bother to renew it, and now I am constantly harassed by them. I no longer have computers in my home, I do everything my smartphone. When I informed iYogi of this their representative call me a ** liar and told me that I was full of ** and hung up on me. As far as I'm concerned any company that has Representatives talk to their customers in such a manner is not a legitimate company. After that believe it or not another representative called me and asked me to open my computer so they can perform technical support. I told the representative what happened and instead of apologizing he hung up on me too. So hopefully after all this they will stop harassing me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

For a few years I used iYogi support. They were supposed to send it to me in 10 days. O.K. nothing great. Then about 1 year or so ago I ordered a program and paid with my credit card. About 2 days later I tried to cancel it. They canceled it and said they would refund my money. For 2 months I was told it was in in the works. Then they were gone. I still had time on my prepaid service. Now I'm getting calls every day from somebody claiming to be them. Everyday. It's a bogus #. They screwed me out of about 250.00$ and now keep trying to do it again. I hope this helps some from getting ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was contacted by iYogi telling me that my computer had been hacked. The tech tried to sell me 4 programs for over $1,300. I have a membership with Geek Squad. I contacted them today and they scanned my computer. Not only was I not hacked but I did not need the programs that iYogi was trying to sell me. I do not appreciate the way in which this person tried to sell something to me that was not needed. Also when I refused to buy the products this person continued to call my phone several times which I did not answer. NOT happy with iYogi at all and will no longer do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I called IYOGI with whom I had a 3 yr service agreement. Tech Club answered and said IYOGI was out of business. They flashed an article on my screen but didn't allow me time to read it. They applied high-pressure sales tactics to sell me a 3 yr. plan to protect my computer, printers, internet network, and iPhones from being hacked, for $799! They told me: All their techs were located in the USA, and the company was an American company that had been in business for 10 years. All their techs were Microsoft and MAC certified. They would never install any kind of software or programs on my computer. They showed me their website (techclub.com).

Asked for permission to access my computer, and then showed me a screen and said I had at least 2 dozen "authorized and pending authorization" IP addresses using my internet network; and that I was in danger of getting hacked. They told me "the good news is, no one has entered my computer yet." They told me I had all kinds of ransomware and malware viruses on my system. They assured me that if they fixed it now, my computer would be safe and secure, so I said yes. They asked for remote access which I granted. Then, they asked for my MAIN computer PASSWORD to gain access to my computer. This made me uncomfortable, and raised a red flag, but I was so scared of losing everything on my computer due to all the viruses, etc., so I gave it to them.

Then, the salesperson (whom I thought was the Tech) started moving stuff onto my desktop. I saw them open my DROPBOX file, close it quickly and then open my ONEDRIVE file. They were moving so fast, I couldn't follow, and when I asked questions, they diverted me by asking me a question. After signing the 3 yr contract for $799 and giving them my CREDIT CARD info and the password to my system, a different Tech came on and cleaned my system but I didn't have to wait on the phone the entire time, which meant that I wasn't watching their every move because I was free to move about the house and do my thing. At the end, the tech called me and we chatted. He was in India! Another red flag rose. They said all techs were in America.

What I found after the fact was a hidden folder under my task bar, it was "untitled". Inside this folder was my ONE DRIVE with all its files. In there, I had my passwords in a hidden file with a name no one would suspect was passwords. Another red flag! I immediately changed my computer access password and then every single password on every account. It took hours! I then emailed the company and cancelled the service, asked for a refund, and told them why (all reasons I listed above.) I told them I felt they were a scam, and I was going to report them. Within 2 days, I had a credit of $799 back on my credit card, thank goodness!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! They are trying to scam you and I should have listened to my gut when they asked for the main password to enter my computer. If I allowed "remote access", then why would they ever have needed this info? STAY AWAY from Techclub.com!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I used them for computer support and they were subpar. When I cancelled, they became a clingy ex. They call me EVERYDAY and I don't mean like every day, I mean EVERY single day. I have asked them to stop and blocked them and they still call. I changed my number and they call that too. DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I used their service and was very bad. Always a problem in fixing my computer. They were always asking to buy more of their products. When I didn't want to use them anymore they kept calling me. I got a new phone number and they still call. And yes, told me to go ** myself when I told them not to call me. I said I would report them to the FTC and they still call (today 8-2-17). This company is bad and their behavior stopped.

Original review: July 26, 2017

They were repeatedly calling me, even after requesting them to take me off their calling list. They finally said, "Go ** yourself" to me after I told them that I don't have a computer. Time of call was 2:50 PM Pacific Time on July 25, 2017 - Phone number 1800 237 3901.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have been a customer for iYogi Technical support. Last year I made a payment to re-enroll for another 3 years and then I made additional payments for a total of $648.97. Feb 11 BLS IYOGI INC 8667714444 Bl inc $99.00, April 6 $59.99, April8 $329.99, April 9 $159.99. When I called for service was told company went bankrupt. Also was told new company name is TechClub.net. and they want me to create an account with them. After this new revealed information, I contacted iYogi Tech Support and cancelled my account and asked for a refund. So far nothing; from time to time they call me and ask me to access my computer. I denied and told them an American corporation has worked on my computer and everything related to iYogi has been deleted. I paid with my Mastercard and still have not seen a dime. Americans and anyone else out there, Do Not Trust that company.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I was a former very unsatisfied customer a few years ago. Starting about 3 weeks ago I have been receiving at least one phone call per day from IYogi asking for my business. I told them to stop calling. Seemed to make the calls come MORE often.

Original review: July 14, 2017

They cleaned my computer. Had a virus on it and told me I needed to pay $120 to get rid of the virus. They had total control of my laptop and screwed it up completely. So I'm a $120.00 plus a laptop. Now they call numerous times a day trying to get more money out of me. I blocked them completely.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I got a phone call yesterday from Iyogi, and normally it's from the same tech every time. I was told she was out for a few days and he would help me. When I asked for the password, he didn't know it so I hung up. I then called the phone number I had for Iyogi. I was informed that the number was no longer in service! Oh dear. I then called the number I had received earlier in the day and spoke with a tech there. I was having terrible issues and learned on July 7.2017 that Iyogi was out of business! WHAT???

I had no security on my computer. All the items they basically forced me to purchase that was supposed to be good for many years was gone and I had all kinds of viruses on my computer. I had just purchased a security item in late May for over 400.00 making the total amount I have given Iyogi well over 2,000! OMG so yesterday I found someone that could fix all my issues for a grand total of $650.00. I sure hope they don't leave and is anyone out there filing a class action suit? If not, we sure need to.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I purchased a virus protection service from iYogi several years ago. They "renewed" my virus protection the following year without authorization using my credit card number. I was lucky to have the charge removed and tell them I no longer wanted the service. Now, two years later, they call repeatedly. I say to put me on their do not call list and they still call. I can't type some of the rude and x-rated things they say to me in a G-rated setting. They call me from 800-237-3901. It is disturbing harassment. iYogi is a scam.

Original review: July 3, 2017

It was okay for a while, but then all hell broke loose this May! I was scammed out of money to the tune of $8000! They called and told me they were going to refund me $200 of my subscription because I told them I wanted to stop their services. They would not mail me a check from India for a refund and insisted getting into my Wells Fargo account or Discover and it sounded like they were going to do an EFT; reluctantly I agreed and they issued me a check for $2200 and I told them the amount was wrong. They told me that they could not issue the correct amount because of the India location and it cost money to give me my refund. I told them to forget the "damn refund" and leave me alone and they said I owed them $2000 of their money. I said they should be able to void the check or stop payment and they said they could not.

They zeroed out my bank account in front of my eyes and had full control of my laptop. I was forced to go to Walmart and purchase $1500 in gift cards and $500 in iTunes cards. The calls that I received were threatening and horrific! They forced me to activate cards and they scanned them remotely and forced me to cut up the gift cards in a specific fashion. The next day I received a call that they needed to remove a "key" from my laptop. But to do that I needed to get three more Walmart gift cards to total $1500 and another $1000 in iTunes cards and I was forced to go to another Walmart in another town. And when I returned it was the same scenario with scanning the cards, etc. Two days later I received another call and I can't remember now why they needed me to get another $1500, but I could go back to the first Walmart to get three $500 gift cards.

I informed them that they had taken my $6000 and they told me they would FedEx a check the following day at 1:00 when there was a. And I waited until 1:30 and left my home was a no show by FedEx. They called me and said they needed another $1500 in gift cards from Walmart because I was not home to get FedEx to return with my check. I am now out $7500! I am furious and probably have absolutely no legal recourse and feel unsafe at times even in my own home!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I signed up for a 3 years contract with iYogi for their services that is still good for another year. I called their number (866-914-9049) for help with my computer. I logged the technician into my computer and the first thing he started to tell me that my computer needed security software of all different kinds and I needed to pay $299 for one year contract to upload their software. I have always had that problem with these people, first thing they do when you contact them for help is they start sales pitch of all different kinds. When he persisted and I refused, he locked me out of my computer by putting in a secret password. He suddenly hung up the phone and now I am locked out of my own computer.

When I called again, another person picked up the phone and claimed that he was from not from iYogi but another company called TechClub and told me that iYogi is out of business and wanted me to buy another contract with their company for $299 for one year. I asked him why their phone number was same as iYogi. He told me that the phone number I called goes to general computer tech support and any company can pick up the phone and respond to it, does not sound right! Not sure how will I ever trust!

Original review: June 30, 2017

They are a rip off. I bought a computer system from TigerDirect/CompUSA with QuickBooks. One of the tech support company was iYogi.com 5 years ago. At this time they were a good company to work with. Over time a company who has come to rip off its customers highjack your computer system if you give them permission to check your system for problems that they tell you, you have. Big mistake I did. They said I had a problem? What problem. Ah it will be $1500.00 to fix. I call them every word in the book. Did not bother them, said they would fix for $300.00. THEY lock me out. Well turn the system off. Started working on it the next day. It took me about 3 hours and had to use Lynx based programs to fix my system. They call me every day. I don't get mad anymore I just let them talk. Last time I let my 9 year old grandson talk to them. You can't call them back. They have too many phone numbers.

Original review: June 27, 2017

iYogi has been calling me from a myriad of phone numbers - all trying to get me to let them access my computer. A year ago I did and they almost took me for $2000.00 by accessing my savings account. They had told me that they owed me money and wanted to put it into my account. When I finally realized what they were doing I immediately contacted my bank and they stopped it. Then I had to have all my account numbers changed, my devices cleaned, etc. Now they call me from many different numbers and hang up when I tell them that I know they are scammers. Would love to be part of a class action suit.

Original review: May 18, 2017

My employer received a phone call from this company today. They claimed that the computer program was corrupted and the Better Business Bureau required that they give us a refund. They indicated they could do a refund via online banking or thru Western Union. We did allow them access to the computer (probably shouldn't have done that). They also indicated they needed our banking information/credit card/SSN. We indicated to them that we do not do online banking (which we don't) and there is no Western Union in our area. We told them we'd be happy to give them our mailing address and they could mail us a paper check. This gentleman started getting upset and started raising his voice. I told him that he didn't need to yell as we were both discussing this refund calmly. He then got his supervisor (which I think it was actually the same person). This person tried to get us to open an online banking account or Western Union account.

We told him "no" and to send us a paper check. He said that before they could remove the software they had to issue a refund and that they wouldn't be responsible if anything happened to the computer. We told them to remove the software and that we wouldn't open an account. He then placed us back on hold. He did something on the computer as the screens were changing. He came back on the phone, was very curt, said he removed software and hung up. Decided to look this company up online. Lo and behold! Were we really surprised! The boss & I are so glad that we did not fall for this. Better to lose the little money that was spent over a year ago (under $300), than to lose the business assets! Computer is going in to the local computer guru tomorrow for a check up...

Original review: May 15, 2017

I get 5-10 calls everyday, telling me that my computer service protection has expired and my computer has been compromised, and they are the only group that can recovery my computer. I've never used their service, never would use them. I tell them that every single call and they don't care. It's obvious they're on commission and hope they can find someone to give them money. I've told them I have made a complaint with the FCC for harassment, that doesn't stop them. I've pleaded, begged, yelled at them trying to get them to stop calling and they won't. They call from a different number every single time. It's beyond frustrating.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Would take a day or so to write a review. Reading the ones above have brightened my day. I will only say, "DITTO" to the majority of them. However, one little event occurred in which I did not get mired. I paid for a two year "subscription." The iYogi person could not fix it. They apologized. I demanded, as the time for refund began to close in on me, a refund. They said they would do so. Several calls later, I got an interesting one. "We are so sorry, we made an error. The refund we gave you was not correct. It was to be $399. The error we made was to give you a refund of $3990. Would you please go to your Western Union and have them send a money order to (they gave me the name of a bank in London) to balance this account?" I almost fell out of my chair laughing. WTF? They must have thought I was some rube from the "dust bowl" days.

I tried to get more information from the fellow so I could report it to someone, anyone, FBI? or the PD. Upshot: told the caller I would do so in the next few minutes. Hung up. Checked my bank balance. They had deposited $369. Close enough. SCAM? You bet your sweet bippy! Keep getting calls this week. Last night, middle of the night, 2345, ringy dingy. I yelled at the guy. "NO MORE! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU EVER AGAIN!" Hung up. Couldn't go back to sleep. Finally did. Dreamed a fly was in my wife's hair. Had to get rid of it. Couldn't/wouldn't squash it and make goo, so woke up and no fly. At least I didn't have to talk to that iYogi fellow again. Yet.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I cancelled my 1 year paid agreement with iYogi last year telling them that I did not need a refund, that I merely wanted to sever all contacts with them. Unfortunately, I continued to receive frequent unwanted telephone calls from them from a variety of telephone numbers, and each time I asked them to stop calling. Last week my computer began acting strangely and I noticed an icon on my desktop which I have since eliminated called "(something) Computer Tech." Not realizing that it was iYogi, I contacted them and stupidly allowed them into my computer. They checked my computer and sounded horrified when he told me that my IP information had been hacked and that I was sending child porn pictures all over the world.

He then showed me that porn site and said that the FBI would probably come looking for me and unless I knew personally someone in the FBI, I would be in serious trouble. He then showed me an advertisement from the internet for some sort of device that would solve the problem which costs $6,000. But he said iYogi could sell me some sort of program for only $1,999, but he could get me a discount and that iYogi's legal department could notify the FBI and solve the problem. At this time I told him NO, and goodbye. Then I contacted private computer tech recommended by a friend who fixed the original simple problem and assured me that my IP was not compromised in any way. These people at iYogi are frightening, and once they learn how to contact you they will never give up!

Original review: April 1, 2017

About two years ago, iYogi scammed me out of $800+. Luckily, I was able to contact the BBB and got most of my money back. Now I continue to get numerous phone calls and some of them are inappropriate. They call all the time of the day and night. They have said "** You" to my husband. They have said "I Love You" to me. We have asked repeatedly to PLEASE STOP CALLING. I need to know how to stop this. They call under "Unknown Caller" and then they call under a factious name and you never redial a number for them. There should be a law against this and enforced. Help! Very, Very Frustrating!!!

Original review: March 26, 2017

Stated OK, have spent over $1000 over past 5 years. Finally my computer went weird. Found iYogi has become new company. I was offered part refund of about $400 spent, BUT only if and when I bought new deal about $366. My response was that refund first as there was no guarantee of a refund from a closed business. I found in the past, if service was required, I was asked to upgrade for extra money. I now believed their software to be problematic possibly contributing to my problems. Since removing iYogi software my hard drive is quieter, boots up very fast now. I now have Windows 10 which has in-built protection and free cleaner which is simple and fast. IYogi had my loyalty, I now realised how wrong and blind I have been to the truth.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Subscribed to iYogi for computer service online for several years. It was good until a couple of years ago then I was told they were going out of business. I changed my operating system at that time, feed up with Windows and iYogi. For nearly a year I have been receiving 3-4 calls a day not only at my home but on my cell. Can't get rid of these people. Have blocked numbers, they just use new ones. One call turned into a threat that he was going to do something to my IP. Does anyone know how to stop these people?

iYogi Company Information