Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

Today’s highly tech-dependent lifestyles have created an enormous need for professional tech support services. Filling this need gap neatly, iYogi helps consumers and small businesses get the most out of the technologies they use every day by removing the stress and frustration experienced by people when dealing with technical problems. iYogi also helps enterprises transform customer experiences and increase satisfaction and lifetime value by enabling them to offer high quality technical support services for out of scope issues.

On-demand remote tech support:

iYogi offers 24/7 expert tech support across a wide range of computing devices and software applications and platforms. Customers rely on iYogi for setup, installation, networking, diagnostics, repair, security, optimization, and usability assistance services for 500+ technologies including PCs, smartphones, servers, printers, and tablets. iYogi offers different subscription packages: single incident plans, an annual unlimited subscription plan, and even more comprehensive Digital Home Plans that ensure customers’ needs are met.

iYogi’s go to market is by providing tech support directly to customers through the Internet, or via partnerships with telecom service providers in different countries.

Awards and Recognition:

• CMMI Level 3

• ISMS ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• PCI DSS

iYogi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Masquerading as a computer tech support company, I foolishly gave them access and they scammed my bank account. Upon doing an online review, several other people have been scammed by them. WA State AG sued them for $6.3 million a couple of years ago. If you are contacted by anyone from this company BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I just got a call from my old nemesis, IYogi saying it was time to renew. Oh no, not these guys again. I tried for years to get rid of them and they got money out of us before. (They're supposed to be closed now.) I told her off on the phone and promptly received an RECEIPT for an almost $400 pending payment, via email.

Get buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I discovered iYogi several years ago. I was having some trouble with my PC, and they did clear that up quickly. I subscribed, and for a while felt good that I had the iYogi tab on my PC. But then I could not contact them when I had a problem (the icon did not work), and when I looked into the company, I found it was like one man, who tried to tell me things were legit. But there was information online about this person's problems. Then I read all the negative reviews, and was glad I did not continue.

Today, after years, I got a phone message with a terrible-sounding recorded message, saying $299 would be charged for renewal, and to call a number if I didn't want to renew, and that I could get a refund. I foolishly tried to call the number given, and it was either busy, or would not go through. A hour later I got that call again. I've blocked the number they used (just says SAN ANTONIO on Caller ID, but Ooma knows who they are). That should put an end to the abuse, before it even starts.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I loaded a free copy of Norton 360 from Comcast last year; yesterday I received an email requesting an annual subscription renewal fee of $449.00! The email said it was from Norton, but has several indications that it is a scam - the phone number doesn't answer, the address is in the wrong city, it was sent to an old email address Norton had that I haven't yet disabled. The use of the old email says my personal information leaked from Norton, not Comcast. But the clincher is this line in the email: "Charge Will Appear On Your Card Statement As 'Payment Sent To iYogi Tech LLC." So that points to Iyogi as the culprit. Support scams must not be making ends meet there.

Fortunately, neither Norton (nor Comcast) has my credit card information - but I was very disappointed when I tried to contact Norton about the violation of my personal information, as I their representative didn't seem able to comprehend my issue, and I couldn't find anyone who would talk about this issue, no email address, and their chat wouldn't work. That's a Boo, Hiss, to Norton & Symantec. Even with the COVID pandemic, they could do better.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I purchased the iYogi support of service back in 2013 when I was having some issues with my laptop, thinking I was purchasing Microsoft help. They did resolve my problem and everything was fine. My subscription was for two years. In 2016 I purchased another laptop and stopped using the other one. I kept getting calls from them to renew and I kept telling them I no longer used that computer and no longer need their services. That is when the harassment began. I would get numerous calls from them a week and sometimes a day for renewals. Then around 2017 the calls started with them wanting to refund my money. I would explain I did not use that laptop any longer so they then started telling me to sign on to any computer for the refund. SCAM!

I would always tell them to mail me the money. (Of course there were 101 reasons why they could not do that.) I then started telling them to just keep it. I did not need or want it. They keep calling. I believe they have sold my number because I now get similar scam calls. They just no longer identify themselves as iYogi. However, now the narrative is: "your bank account is going be charged $299. If you want to cancel this charge, please press one to speak to a representative." Fortunately the original card I used has been cancelled. But these folks are relentless.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I would request everyone here not to entertain any such scam calls which tells about computer repairs as most of them have proved to be scammers and iYogi being the leader of them. If you still doubt please check the articles which tells about the lawsuits being files against the company for cheating customers all across the world specially in United States.

In 2018 Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed a lawsuit against iYogi accusing it of scamming consumers. They entered $6.3 million in judgments against the company. This completely broke the company and they could not even pay their employee dues in India and United States. I have been a victim hence I have learned from my mistakes. :) In case you get any such calls asking for a laptop/desktop/printer repair, here are some advice:

1. Better to hang up and google up for a store which can fix your computer in your area (if you really need one).

2. Wanna a become a master and take the entire credit. ;) Type the computer problem on Google, view the troubleshooting steps and try it on your own. I follow this mostly. Thanks to GOOGLE which has answers to almost 99 % of our problems without asking to pay for a single penny. Maybe you can become a master and help others in your area.

3. Still wanna go with the people calling you, ask them about the name of their company and tell them to call back until you do some background check. Do some research on google about them, check if they are really scammers, don't forget to check the reviews on various websites. If you find them to be genuine then proceed forward.

I know how it feels to become a victim of such scammers who takes away your hard earned money for nothing. Cheers!!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I had an Iyogi account for about a year several years ago. I had been receiving calls from them about a refund of $399.90 they owed me. Yesterday I finally listened to them and am sorry I did. I foolishly gave them access to my computer and they had me fill out a refund form. I typed in the amount of $399.90. It also asked for my address and the name of my bank. When I looked at something (not sure if it was my actual bank account for which they had no number) It said they had refunded me $3999.90. They said I had made a mistake in typing the refund amount in and needed to get the difference back to them. I said I will hang up. They said if I did they would freeze my computer. I did hang up. The icons disappeared on my computer but it still works. I immediately talked to my bank and they said there had been no activity in my account, either checking account or debit card. I was furious!! Is there anyone we can report this to?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Just got a message on the landline saying, "We are going to charge your account $390 in the next 30 minutes if we do not hear from you." I used them 9 years ago, many credit cards ago, and 3 computers ago so the only information they have is the landline which I still have so whatever respect I had for this company is gone. You cannot charge me for anything if you don't have the credit card number goofy. I called them and said, "Who is this?" And they said, "We provide your technical support." I said I don't own a computer and they hung up on me. What started out right is now really WRONG.

Original review: June 24, 2019

We too are victims of iYogi. When they first started out they were very good and trustworthy. Then there was a great change. We had $350 involved in our contract with them and couldn't get any service. We saw where they had a lawsuit filed against them and then the phone calls started. Been going on now for probably 2-3 years. Every day several times a day...the calls keep coming. We started just answering them and hanging up so they couldn't leave a message as they would fill up our mailbox. Wanting access to our computer to remove things of theirs. There is nothing there! My husband had given them access at first for almost 2 hours, then because I was anxious about it he pulled the plug. Apparently they didn't have enough time to do any damage as we have not had any problems. But never again. Just wish there was a way to stop the harassing phone calls!

Original review: June 13, 2019

As with everyone who wrote, I got scammed into thinking they were a MICROSOFT technical help. I also paid $299.00 many years ago. They are now HARASSING us many, many times a day on different numbers. I also gave in and let them take control of my computer, then I panicked and demanded they let the computer go that is was a family emergency and they could be in touch on another number. They released the computer. I deleted everything from the computer related to computer sharing, plus. They have not stopped calling. Today they left a message, never saying who they were, that they were charging us an automatic renewal charge of $299. BEWARE.. We reported them to our charge card companies.

iYogi author review by ConsumerAffairs

iYogi provides tech support to customers and small businesses. It is available in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, India and Singapore.

• Inexpensive: The support plan is inexpensive compared to most of its competitors.

• Polite service: The company has high satisfaction rates when it comes to customer service.

• Experienced: iYogi has been around for more than five years, which is longer than many of its competitors.

• No AV software license: iYogi doesn’t include a license for antivirus software in their subscription plans, which can be a deterrent for some companies.

• Barriers: Because their support is largely outsourced offshore, most of the techs do not speak English as a first language. This can be an issue when dealing with highly technical problems.

• Support: iYogi requires that the consumer is present via phone or chat in order to conduct support measures.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team