2.42/5

Looking for a tech support service?

iYogi

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

Today’s highly tech-dependent lifestyles have created an enormous need for professional tech support services. Filling this need gap neatly, iYogi helps consumers and small businesses get the most out of the technologies they use every day by removing the stress and frustration experienced by people when dealing with technical problems. iYogi also helps enterprises transform customer experiences and increase satisfaction and lifetime value by enabling them to offer high quality technical support services for out of scope issues.

On-demand remote tech support:

iYogi offers 24/7 expert tech support across a wide range of computing devices and software applications and platforms. Customers rely on iYogi for setup, installation, networking, diagnostics, repair, security, optimization, and usability assistance services for 500+ technologies including PCs, smartphones, servers, printers, and tablets. iYogi offers different subscription packages: single incident plans, an annual unlimited subscription plan, and even more comprehensive Digital Home Plans that ensure customers’ needs are met.

iYogi’s go to market is by providing tech support directly to customers through the Internet, or via partnerships with telecom service providers in different countries.

Awards and Recognition:

• CMMI Level 3

• ISMS ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• PCI DSS

View More View More

Looking for a tech support service?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

iYogi Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Just got a message on the landline saying, "We are going to charge your account $390 in the next 30 minutes if we do not hear from you." I used them 9 years ago, many credit cards ago, and 3 computers ago so the only information they have is the landline which I still have so whatever respect I had for this company is gone. You cannot charge me for anything if you don't have the credit card number goofy. I called them and said, "Who is this?" And they said, "We provide your technical support." I said I don't own a computer and they hung up on me. What started out right is now really WRONG.

Original review: June 24, 2019

We too are victims of iYogi. When they first started out they were very good and trustworthy. Then there was a great change. We had $350 involved in our contract with them and couldn't get any service. We saw where they had a lawsuit filed against them and then the phone calls started. Been going on now for probably 2-3 years. Every day several times a day...the calls keep coming. We started just answering them and hanging up so they couldn't leave a message as they would fill up our mailbox. Wanting access to our computer to remove things of theirs. There is nothing there! My husband had given them access at first for almost 2 hours, then because I was anxious about it he pulled the plug. Apparently they didn't have enough time to do any damage as we have not had any problems. But never again. Just wish there was a way to stop the harassing phone calls!

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 13, 2019

As with everyone who wrote, I got scammed into thinking they were a MICROSOFT technical help. I also paid $299.00 many years ago. They are now HARASSING us many, many times a day on different numbers. I also gave in and let them take control of my computer, then I panicked and demanded they let the computer go that is was a family emergency and they could be in touch on another number. They released the computer. I deleted everything from the computer related to computer sharing, plus. They have not stopped calling. Today they left a message, never saying who they were, that they were charging us an automatic renewal charge of $299. BEWARE.. We reported them to our charge card companies.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I kept getting calls for a refund on my tech-support from iYogi. So I called. They wanted me to give them access to my bank account so they could send me a refund directly to my bank account. I would not do this and they were very persistent. Eventually they said they wanted to take the computer sharing software off my computer. What they actually did was lock my computer up at start up with a password and I cannot access the computer at all now without the password they installed. And now they want $300 to unlock my computer.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased a five year 3 computers maintenance contract with iYogi in 2015. After the initial problems my computer never seemed to have any significant problems. Although not yet five years I started receiving calls about autopay renewal of what iYogi described as subscriptions that needed to be updated. Was this a possible scam? The autopay aspect got my attention so I found my original paperwork and called the customer support. Again a vague description of how some subscriptions such as Microsoft or Windows needed to be renewed.

I indicated that the computer was working and did not agree to the renewal of the indicated systems because they were operating fine. I told the tech in fact I wanted to end the whole iYogi contract. He said he needed to therefore remove certain iYogi files from my computer. My mistake - he removed what appeared to be his iYogi files but also Norton - which I had my own subscription to - and when he disconnected my computer no longer will connect to the internet. The files for wi-fi have been removed and the system will not get out of airplane mode. When I called back to get them fix what they messed up - they would only fix it if I paid the hourly tech rate. I won't pay them a dime more. I will get the computer fixed by my local guys rather than ever deal with iYogi again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: May 14, 2019

I needed Apple Support so that is what I searched for. The first one that came up turned out to be iYogi and I truly thought I was being helped by Apple Support. Same story as all the ones below. They got remote control of my computer and fixed a problem. They got a good bunch of money from me for 5 years of support. I was worried and my son looked into it telling me I had been scammed. I have been harassed for a year now with daily obnoxious calls telling me I have a $299 refund owing to me. I even told them I sold my computer so mail me a cheque or send me an email and I will sign the refund form. No, they want you in front of your computer, they want you to let them in again. The calls from many different numbers are harassment! We all have the same story! Where can we get help?

Original review: March 28, 2019

It began when I had an issue with my PC. I did not vet them then, but paid them to assist - they did solve my problem. Everything was quiet for a long time. Then they started calling, and calling, and calling. They wanted to remote into an open online session while they deposited funds into my account. (they also masquerade by saying they are from the Microsoft refund department). They would not cut a check. I've blocked about 30 phone numbers associated with their calls. One time I spent time on the phone with them, worked my way up to the 'supervisor' who cussed me out for my obstinance in not giving them access to my banking. Now they are spoofing my own number (caller ID). Four calls within the past 3 hours.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Used them 4-5 years ago and simply will NOT stop calling- same thing, want access to your computer to give you a refund then threaten to bill your credit card if you don't comply. I can't believe there is no stop to these people; they're clearly engaged in fraud, and with all the voices I heard in the background, it's enterprise fraud. Does anyone know where they can be reported besides this site?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Not unlike sooo many of you, I've fielded 6, 8, 10, even upwards of 15 calls a day from iYogi for a number of months now trying to give me a refund - but only if I give them unfettered remote access to my computer...ay de mi. Much like many of you, politely and even not so politely have requested to be removed from their call list; which often resulted in expletive laden responses from the iYogi rep before hanging up on me (clearly not removing me from the call list as usually I get another call from them within 60-90 minutes). "** USA" is the one they really like before hanging up on me after I request to be removed from their call list. Yesterday the iYogi rep said "you are like my girlfriend and I will call you when I want as often as I want. And there's nothing you can do about it". FREAKED me out!!!

After tons of research I found a solution - but only if you're an AT&T mobile subscriber. If you are a AT&T mobile customer you can download AT&T Call Protect (which is a separate app but does not cost you anything additional for the basic service). You can add the iYogi numbers to the block list on AT&T Call Protect. The next time they call from a logged/blocked number, it seems to the caller (iYogi) that the line has been disconnected. Voila - they hopefully will not continue to try to call what appears to be a disconnected number. The calls do not go to your voicemail. They do not even ring through in the future. AT&T Call Protect makes it sound (to the caller) that the line has been disconnected.

I do not work for AT&T - am not being compensated by AT&T - but found this solution to a VERY frustrating iYogi refund scam. I hope it helps others who are having the same challenge. If you're not an AT&T mobile user - call your carrier and see if they have a similar feature. AT&T Call Protect Basic does not cost a penny. And so far, it working for me!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I fell prey to swift/difficult to understand-talking, INDIA accent selling me on their tech support, foolishly granting them remote-access to my computer to address their claimed problems with my Windows OS. Though it might seem impressive watching their remote access on your monitor, what were they running that flew by on the screen so fast?

After cancelling subscription, reformatting-reloading Windows on my hard-drive to get rid of their software, they continued to call with HIGH pressure sales pitching. Years later, today they continue to call NOW offering refund for subscription, but directing me to site to DOWNLOAD for access to form for their claimed refund. I refused to download, didn't want their software on my machine again with remote access and God only knows what they are doing having that level of access.

STAY AWAY... Take your machine to a reputable STORE FRONT or research first for service. If you can't trust banks or even Experian credit reporting to keep your valuable personal financial information safe, why give full remote access to your computer to these criminal knuckleheads? Would you fall for my attempt to sell you sell you your own dirty clothes? Sadly too many of us are too trusting and not until after, do we realize we just got robbed. Phoooeee!!!

iYogi expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iYogi provides tech support to customers and small businesses. It is available in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, India and Singapore.

• Inexpensive: The support plan is inexpensive compared to most of its competitors.

• Polite service: The company has high satisfaction rates when it comes to customer service.

• Experienced: iYogi has been around for more than five years, which is longer than many of its competitors.

• No AV software license: iYogi doesn’t include a license for antivirus software in their subscription plans, which can be a deterrent for some companies.

• Barriers: Because their support is largely outsourced offshore, most of the techs do not speak English as a first language. This can be an issue when dealing with highly technical problems.

• Support: iYogi requires that the consumer is present via phone or chat in order to conduct support measures.

• Best for: Small businesses, corporations