2.48/5
Based on 414 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a tech support service?

iYogi

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

Today’s highly tech-dependent lifestyles have created an enormous need for professional tech support services. Filling this need gap neatly, iYogi helps consumers and small businesses get the most out of the technologies they use every day by removing the stress and frustration experienced by people when dealing with technical problems. iYogi also helps enterprises transform customer experiences and increase satisfaction and lifetime value by enabling them to offer high quality technical support services for out of scope issues.

On-demand remote tech support:

iYogi offers 24/7 expert tech support across a wide range of computing devices and software applications and platforms. Customers rely on iYogi for setup, installation, networking, diagnostics, repair, security, optimization, and usability assistance services for 500+ technologies including PCs, smartphones, servers, printers, and tablets. iYogi offers different subscription packages: single incident plans, an annual unlimited subscription plan, and even more comprehensive Digital Home Plans that ensure customers’ needs are met.

iYogi’s go to market is by providing tech support directly to customers through the Internet, or via partnerships with telecom service providers in different countries.

Awards and Recognition:

• ISMS ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• PCI DSS

View More View More

564 iYogi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Today 9/13, I received a call from iYogi at exactly 5:22 EST from 800-237-3901. The guy, whose English was almost inaudible, asked me if I remembered the time he serviced my computer. I responded 'no'. He then told me I needed work done on my laptop. I said 'no thank you.' He asked if he should just hang up. I replied 'yes'. He finished with "** the U.S". (No, I'm not kidding). What an absolute disgrace that these people can still do business with anyone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I was somehow connected with this company while working through a iTunes issue several years ago. The technician tried to sell me a support contract for over $600. I made the mistake of giving them my email address and phone number. I now receive calls several times per week from iYogi representatives telling me that I need to pay them for protection from illegal activity taking place with my email. Recently the technicians have become rude and will yell insults and threats. Today the technician threatened to use my information to make my life a living hell. Because they are based in India there is nothing that can be done.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I previously had services with iYogi and had discontinued services with them. I then read that they were being investigated for their scams. Yesterday iYogi contacted me to tell me I had a refund and they wanted to deposit it directly into my checking account. While online with them, they "deposited $5,299.00 into my checking and then said it was a "mistake" and to go to Wal-Mart and Target and get gift cards to reimburse them. I told the rep that I thought this was a scam and he then said he would take all of my money from my checking and savings and hold my computer hostage till I sent him the gift card numbers. I told him I was going to my bank and report this scam.

The bank manager told me that iYogi had taken the $5,299.00 from my savings to show in my checking account and also the iYogi rep had authorized a Quick Pay of $1900.00 to iYogi. The bank manager immediately froze my accounts and I am now left with the hassle of obtaining new account numbers, notifying some of my automatic withdrawals/deposits services of my new numbers, ordering new checks, waiting for new debit/credit cards. iYogi should be investigated and their services should be suspended, plus a lawsuit should be started for all the people they have scammed. How can they legally manipulate banking numbers without the customers' knowledge? Please stop these scammers.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I used iYogi Tech Support ONCE a few years ago and now they will not stop calling and harassing me. I've told them many times over that I DO NOT want them calling me anymore and they stay on the phone and argue with me until I hang up on them. If I continue to get calls from them, I'm contacting my lawyer. NO MEANS NO!!! They obviously don't understand this and I'm VERY angry. They need to be stopped!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I received relatively great service and support for the 1st few years. I then purchased a five year plan and TechGenie and security, etc. The ability to contact and get service became almost non-existent and the quality of service drastically diminished. Also, the efficacy when able to get service followed suit. I stopped using their service, chose a different company for security and support and had all traces of iYogi removed from my computers. Now several years later, they call me all day every day. Any consumer choosing to do business with this company should consider calling the man with the butterfly net to come and haul them off to the nuthouse!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: May 30, 2018

Pain in you know what. I used iYogi several years ago with a 3 year plan. When my contract expired they convinced me (scare tactics) to take their $149 package. Found out 2 weeks later the scam practice of this company. Called them and ask for a refund. But first they tried all sorts of tactics for me to stay with them. Held my ground and they said they would refund me my money. NEVER HAS. They started calling again about 2 weeks ago and haven't stopped. I put their number on a block list but they keep calling back using a different phone number. I now have 5 phone numbers blocked. Today they called 3 different times using different numbers. Ask to speak to a supervisor and they hung up on me. Told them several times that I was still waiting for my refund. They just don't care, they are rude and try to make you feel like an idiot. I am an 80 year (young) senior and still have all my mental capacities. Can anyone tell me how do we stop these people?

Original review: April 3, 2018

I gave it two stars because the guy that worked with me did a great job on removing viruses, he called about every two or three week, then he didn’t call for a few weeks. I got a call from them, it was a different person, telling me that something went wrong with their system and that they wanted my bank account. It was a shell game, they made it look like I put in the wrong amount in, and that I was suppose to go to Walmart to buy gift cards to repay that amount that supposedly I did, so, luckily there’s my bank along the way. As I was driving, I left the window open and put my phone on speaker so the they could hear the traffic. When I got to the bank, I took the phone off speaker, left the phone in the car, went in the bank, and change my bank info. By time I got home my computer was locked, took it to Staples and got the code iYogi use to break in my computer and all I had to do was reinstall a few programs.

Original review: March 14, 2018

5 years ago I got a virus on my computer and GeekSquad employee recommended I use iYogi to remove the virus. I did. It worked. After that, I started to receive daily calls to buy their services... every day for 5 years straight. Nothing I tell them stops the calls. My phone is on the Do Not Call Registry and I've complained there. Still nothing happens.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

See the internet and the ranking of IYOGI by others. One star. I found them dishonest years ago and found the honest PC Support.com. There maybe others but.

IYOGI calls my telephone number almost weekly or when they need new customers and I can't stop them. At least I don't know how. If anyone can tell me how to block their calls please do.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was with iYogi Tech Support for 3 years. I kept having all kind of troubles with obvious clichés, black screens, slowed operation of emails and other programs, etc. Eventually, the iYogi techs had me buy their "Tech Genie Program" to clear the problems at C. $60 a year then, they had me buy the Windows 8, then Windows 10 (which was free from Microsoft), then a special program to make "Tech Genie" work better, and finally 5 (five) years of their services! They got me to the tune of $959.00 and I still had trouble with my computer sign on, programs, emails, etc., etc.

Finally, I asked for a pro-rated refund of my money from them which came to (less the time of usage) about $259.98. I never got a refund, I, therefore, dropped them and got another tech support service. I am still getting harassing phone calls from iYogi as they want to take over control of my computer! (Like I would fall for that after what I've been through!) Now, I have a good tech support service my computer is running fine; which tells me iYogi was creating the problems so that I could pay them to fix them! I have complained to the FTC, BBB, and now to Consumer Affairs. I simply cannot believe that people are still rating iYogi high...when they are the epitome of SCAM! DO NOT USE, FALL FOR, GIVE MONEY TO, OR SPEAK TO iYogi Tech Support. My rating for them is **. Take my word for it. This company needs to be prosecuted for fraud, theft, and as a very ingenious SCAM!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I started using iYogi 7 years ago when I bought my last computer and they were recommended by the internet security software company I used to install my security. I used them another 3 years but every time I called with a problem they would attempt to get me to sign on for additional services even when I clearly stated I was calling for service and would not be extending my service or adding to it. I finally asked for a supervisor and told them that the next time they started hacking me about renewing early I would cancel.

When I got a call from them at 4AM one day, I canceled my service.I did owe them anything. Another supervisor called to try to get me back as a customer and I declined. Recently, almost 4 years later, I have started getting phone calls at all hours from someone from iYogi claiming that they got a message from my account or from Microsoft or today from my email account notifying them that I had been hacked. I have asked this man numerous times to take my number out of their system. Today he told me ** and then asked if I had a ** when I asked to speak to a supervisor. This man had my account number from iYogi but when I called their corporate office I was told they are out of business and the new business name is Tech Plus.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I used iYogi tech support services several years ago till I finally caught on to their scam of telling you something is wrong with your computer and they will fix it by taking remote control, which they then use to get you to purchase more products. I cancelled everything but several years later, they are constantly calling me to presumably refund my money. I have told them I am not interested and don't want them to call again but they persist. And I mean persist! They have so far used 3 different untraceable numbers and call several times a day. I have blocked all these calls but it's really obnoxious. I can't figure out why they keep calling! I wish there was some way to make them stop!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Received a call one night claiming that my computer wasn't working right and that it needed to be fixed. I had a bit of trouble understanding the Indian accent, but was able to understand enough that I "needed" help. The dumb sucker - me - fell for the scam, even WHEN he got into my computer. He was able to show me all of the numbers on my computer that were wrong. Soon after my $200 were in his pocket, I learned that this was a scam. I went right to the c.c. company, they credited my $, issued me new card. iYogi continued to call, call, call. Then calls stopped. Now they want to give me $200 back PLUS $50 for my trouble. Oh. And they want to get into my computer to do it. NO WAY JOSE! 7 calls in past week.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

As of the last 2 -3 months, I've been getting some calls from a person claiming to be Alex from iYogi. About 3 years ago, I signed up with them for computer support, which really didn't amount too much. Then, the calls started coming on, claiming they are trying to refund money into my account. I checked my account, and over the past 3 years, I've received no information they were taking money from my account. I'm getting these calls at least twice a week from this guy called Robert. I asked for his phone number and he gave me (682) 500-3952.

I called that number, no answer. Robert has an Indian accent, but the calls continue. Calls were now coming from a spoofed caller ID: (254-585-85). Certainly not a valid number. Calls were immediately hung up as I said "Hello". Then, this morning, I was able to talk to this Alex guy, and asked him for the company name, address, phone number, and email address, thinking that if he wants to refund my money, he would be anxious to provide me that info. He immediately hung up. Obviously, he was intending to ask me for my ATM card number to scam me. FACT: This Alex guy said he was from iYogi, and wants to refund money from me, which he hasn't taken any from me. So - BEWARE of people representing iYogi, telling you they want to refund your money. It's probably a scam.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

iYogi random called me from an unlisted number. With little or no information who they were, and with some urgency, they told me I must turn on my computer right now and get a security update. I believe I also heard something like "no charge". I am fairly tech skilled and aware - and I immediately suspected a scam.

So I innocently asked some questions. Then, partly because of the difficulty I had understanding the agent's heavy Indian accent, I asked to talk to the supervisor. After I specifically asked these questions, the supervisor, also with an Indian accent; told me the company was iYogi. Explaining I was being cautious, knowing this was a common scam danger, and shouldn't Microsoft be doing security revisions, he said they were a "Microsoft Certified" service company, based in Texas. He explained they sometimes use agents from India... I asked if he knew what kind of computer I had. He said "Windows 10"... Obviously just a good guess.

I was amazed how, expressing my concern, I noticed how other questions were artfully dodged as well. I could have been easily been taken in except: I had been approached by iYogi two years ago, and for what was supposed to be a "nominal charge" ended in them demanding a huge amount of money. They called me very insulting names after they partly installed some software, then told me how much to finish, and I balked at giving them my credit card number. They hung up. I had to, with some difficulty, remove their software on my own to get my computer functioning again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

31 phone calls from differing numbers for iYogi. Another 2 today. This telephone number showed as a NJ phone call, I cross checked it, comes back to a Jacksonville, FL phone so they are now phishing (is that the correct terminology?) Anyway, today they told me I was getting a $299.99 refund back, please go to my computer. I told them send me the check, they said they could not do that. Told me go to the computer and they would walk me through the process to complete the "form", told them I was not doing that, send me an email. He said, they can't do that they are no longer in business. Told them "I'm not going to my computer, don't call again". I blocked that number, expect repeated calls in the future. Block any of their numbers, keep a log of the numbers, date, time and telephone number. Report it to your state Attorney General's office and the do not call list.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Scammed out of $500.00. Person representing iYogi contracted me by phone. Offered a rebate fund of $349.99 to do this. Was online. During transaction he showed me a transaction for $968. Huge mistake! We worked out a deal to refund iYogi $500.00 by Western Union. My bank account shows that no $968.00 was credited to account, therefore $500.00 was removed from my account.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I made the mistake of thinking I wanted or needed their services. After about 10 minutes on the phone, they told me they needed to access my computer to make repairs. At this point, I said no because at no point did I want anyone accessing my computer over the phone. I stated that at the start of the conversation, I was told they would just give me the code to unlock one of my programs and that I could take it from there. I said no and canceled everything. A month later I was charged a fee and I contacted my c.c. company and told them I did NOT authorize the transaction. Finally, after a few emails and phone calls the actual company credited my card. A year later they keep calling and calling. I had to get really rude this time and told them to take me off their list as I will never ever deal or recommend them. It is now turning into harassment so I'm starting with this post and if they keep calling me I will have to take further action.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I purchased iYogi antivirus protection several years ago and when I actually had a virus on my computer they took remote control over it, screwed it up, charged me more money and then scammed me out of more money by stating they were not able to repair the problem and I had to be connected to another group. I had to provide my credit card number so that my computer could be repaired and in the meantime my credit card company called me stating that there were gaming charges that just came up on my card. My credit card company blocked my card immediately and issued me a new one. Now iYogi calls and harasses me each and every day. I have no idea why they waste their time harassing people. This company needs to be shut down!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had a contract with iYogi. Every time they called they pushed for me to buy new support products from them. When my contract was up I didn't bother to renew it, and now I am constantly harassed by them. I no longer have computers in my home, I do everything my smartphone. When I informed iYogi of this their representative call me a ** liar and told me that I was full of ** and hung up on me. As far as I'm concerned any company that has Representatives talk to their customers in such a manner is not a legitimate company. After that believe it or not another representative called me and asked me to open my computer so they can perform technical support. I told the representative what happened and instead of apologizing he hung up on me too. So hopefully after all this they will stop harassing me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

For a few years I used iYogi support. They were supposed to send it to me in 10 days. O.K. nothing great. Then about 1 year or so ago I ordered a program and paid with my credit card. About 2 days later I tried to cancel it. They canceled it and said they would refund my money. For 2 months I was told it was in in the works. Then they were gone. I still had time on my prepaid service. Now I'm getting calls every day from somebody claiming to be them. Everyday. It's a bogus #. They screwed me out of about 250.00$ and now keep trying to do it again. I hope this helps some from getting ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was contacted by iYogi telling me that my computer had been hacked. The tech tried to sell me 4 programs for over $1,300. I have a membership with Geek Squad. I contacted them today and they scanned my computer. Not only was I not hacked but I did not need the programs that iYogi was trying to sell me. I do not appreciate the way in which this person tried to sell something to me that was not needed. Also when I refused to buy the products this person continued to call my phone several times which I did not answer. NOT happy with iYogi at all and will no longer do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I called IYOGI with whom I had a 3 yr service agreement. Tech Club answered and said IYOGI was out of business. They flashed an article on my screen but didn't allow me time to read it. They applied high-pressure sales tactics to sell me a 3 yr. plan to protect my computer, printers, internet network, and iPhones from being hacked, for $799! They told me: All their techs were located in the USA, and the company was an American company that had been in business for 10 years. All their techs were Microsoft and MAC certified. They would never install any kind of software or programs on my computer. They showed me their website (techclub.com).

Asked for permission to access my computer, and then showed me a screen and said I had at least 2 dozen "authorized and pending authorization" IP addresses using my internet network; and that I was in danger of getting hacked. They told me "the good news is, no one has entered my computer yet." They told me I had all kinds of ransomware and malware viruses on my system. They assured me that if they fixed it now, my computer would be safe and secure, so I said yes. They asked for remote access which I granted. Then, they asked for my MAIN computer PASSWORD to gain access to my computer. This made me uncomfortable, and raised a red flag, but I was so scared of losing everything on my computer due to all the viruses, etc., so I gave it to them.

Then, the salesperson (whom I thought was the Tech) started moving stuff onto my desktop. I saw them open my DROPBOX file, close it quickly and then open my ONEDRIVE file. They were moving so fast, I couldn't follow, and when I asked questions, they diverted me by asking me a question. After signing the 3 yr contract for $799 and giving them my CREDIT CARD info and the password to my system, a different Tech came on and cleaned my system but I didn't have to wait on the phone the entire time, which meant that I wasn't watching their every move because I was free to move about the house and do my thing. At the end, the tech called me and we chatted. He was in India! Another red flag rose. They said all techs were in America.

What I found after the fact was a hidden folder under my task bar, it was "untitled". Inside this folder was my ONE DRIVE with all its files. In there, I had my passwords in a hidden file with a name no one would suspect was passwords. Another red flag! I immediately changed my computer access password and then every single password on every account. It took hours! I then emailed the company and cancelled the service, asked for a refund, and told them why (all reasons I listed above.) I told them I felt they were a scam, and I was going to report them. Within 2 days, I had a credit of $799 back on my credit card, thank goodness!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! They are trying to scam you and I should have listened to my gut when they asked for the main password to enter my computer. If I allowed "remote access", then why would they ever have needed this info? STAY AWAY from Techclub.com!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I used them for computer support and they were subpar. When I cancelled, they became a clingy ex. They call me EVERYDAY and I don't mean like every day, I mean EVERY single day. I have asked them to stop and blocked them and they still call. I changed my number and they call that too. DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I used their service and was very bad. Always a problem in fixing my computer. They were always asking to buy more of their products. When I didn't want to use them anymore they kept calling me. I got a new phone number and they still call. And yes, told me to go ** myself when I told them not to call me. I said I would report them to the FTC and they still call (today 8-2-17). This company is bad and their behavior stopped.

Original review: July 26, 2017

They were repeatedly calling me, even after requesting them to take me off their calling list. They finally said, "Go ** yourself" to me after I told them that I don't have a computer. Time of call was 2:50 PM Pacific Time on July 25, 2017 - Phone number 1800 237 3901.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have been a customer for iYogi Technical support. Last year I made a payment to re-enroll for another 3 years and then I made additional payments for a total of $648.97. Feb 11 BLS IYOGI INC 8667714444 Bl inc $99.00, April 6 $59.99, April8 $329.99, April 9 $159.99. When I called for service was told company went bankrupt. Also was told new company name is TechClub.net. and they want me to create an account with them. After this new revealed information, I contacted iYogi Tech Support and cancelled my account and asked for a refund. So far nothing; from time to time they call me and ask me to access my computer. I denied and told them an American corporation has worked on my computer and everything related to iYogi has been deleted. I paid with my Mastercard and still have not seen a dime. Americans and anyone else out there, Do Not Trust that company.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I was a former very unsatisfied customer a few years ago. Starting about 3 weeks ago I have been receiving at least one phone call per day from IYogi asking for my business. I told them to stop calling. Seemed to make the calls come MORE often.

Original review: July 14, 2017

They cleaned my computer. Had a virus on it and told me I needed to pay $120 to get rid of the virus. They had total control of my laptop and screwed it up completely. So I'm a $120.00 plus a laptop. Now they call numerous times a day trying to get more money out of me. I blocked them completely.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I got a phone call yesterday from Iyogi, and normally it's from the same tech every time. I was told she was out for a few days and he would help me. When I asked for the password, he didn't know it so I hung up. I then called the phone number I had for Iyogi. I was informed that the number was no longer in service! Oh dear. I then called the number I had received earlier in the day and spoke with a tech there. I was having terrible issues and learned on July 7.2017 that Iyogi was out of business! WHAT???

I had no security on my computer. All the items they basically forced me to purchase that was supposed to be good for many years was gone and I had all kinds of viruses on my computer. I had just purchased a security item in late May for over 400.00 making the total amount I have given Iyogi well over 2,000! OMG so yesterday I found someone that could fix all my issues for a grand total of $650.00. I sure hope they don't leave and is anyone out there filing a class action suit? If not, we sure need to.

iYogi expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iYogi provides tech support to customers and small businesses. It is available in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, India and Singapore.

• Inexpensive: The support plan is inexpensive compared to most of its competitors.

• Polite service: The company has high satisfaction rates when it comes to customer service.

• Experienced: iYogi has been around for more than five years, which is longer than many of its competitors.

• No AV software license: iYogi doesn’t include a license for antivirus software in their subscription plans, which can be a deterrent for some companies.

• Barriers: Because their support is largely outsourced offshore, most of the techs do not speak English as a first language. This can be an issue when dealing with highly technical problems.

• Support: iYogi requires that the consumer is present via phone or chat in order to conduct support measures.

• Best for: Small businesses, corporations