Honey is a price comparison tool that lets you save time comparing prices across multiple online retailers. The company has an easy-to-use browser extension and free app, and it helps you find coupon codes for popular websites to get the best deal on products.
- Rewards program
- Saves time comparing prices
- Free app or browser extension
- No search for coupons on Amazon
- Not available on all websites
Honey offers free money-saving tools for online shopping. The app or browser extension compares coupon codes to get you the best deal, and it can save time for shoppers who like to compare prices.
What is the Honey app?
Honey works to find you the best deals, promo codes and savings. The company searches more than 30,000 retail sites to find the lowest prices. Honey also offers a Droplist tool that lets you create a wish list and notifies you when prices drop on items you want to purchase. Honey’s Amazon Badge comparison service factors in shipping and Prime status to show you which sellers have the lowest price on Amazon.
The Honey Gold rewards program is available for both app and browser extension platforms. You can earn a percentage back that can be redeemed for gift cards at participating retailers when you shop with Honey.
How does the Honey app work?
To use the Honey app on your phone, you must shop from within the app to apply coupons and promos. When you check out on the Honey app, it checks each item in your cart separately to find and apply coupons.
The Honey app also offers the convenience of one cart so you can check out for all your items at once. The Honey browser extension functions on laptop or desktop computers with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge and Opera. You can sign up for Honey with your email or Google, Facebook, Paypal or Apple account.
When you visit one of the more than 40,000 sites that Honey works on, the Honey button pops up to search for and apply promo codes. Coupons show up as pop-up windows in your cart. Click “Apply coupons,” and the extension then adds the best deal to your cart total.
Honey on Amazon offers customized tools, including best-price detection, price history and the Droplist. Best-price detection shows you competing prices from sellers on Amazon offering the same item you’re shopping for. Honey also takes Prime shipping benefits into account when displaying the best price.
The price history tool tracks individual item prices on Amazon for 30, 60, 90 or 120 days and generates a page that shows whether the price is falling or rising, letting you choose your purchase time by watching the trend.
The Droplist feature works on both the Honey app and browser extension. Droplist monitors the price of items you add to the list for 30, 60, 90 or 120 days and notifies you of price changes. There is no limit on how many products you can add to Droplist. The feature is not available on all sites, so look for the “h” button to add items. Droplist is available on Amazon.
- Is the Honey app free?
- The Honey app and browser extension are completely free. Honey makes money when a member uses the app or extension to find the best available coupons or to activate the Honey Gold rewards program. Merchant partners pay Honey commissions on the sales with no charge to the user. Droplist and the Amazon Badge are also included in the browser extension for free. Refer a friend and get a $10 gift card to your favorite store.
- Is the Honey app a virus?
- The Honey app is not a virus. You have control over the download on your phone. The Honey browser extension is also not a virus.
- Is Honey spyware?
- Honey is not spyware. Honey does not collect and store information from your browser or search engine history, email or any site that is not a retail site. It does not collect credit card numbers, billing addresses or any other billing information.
- Is Honey worth using?
- Honey is free to use. According to the company, the average yearly savings is $126, with an average discount of 17.9%.
Is Honey legit?
Honey is a safe way to save money when online shopping. The company does not collect or track your browser history — it reads the websites you are shopping on to find coupons. It can be uninstalled with instructions provided on the company website, and you can contact customer service for support. The company does not sell your information or data. While Honey does not show discounts on all websites, it has many popular brand partners and is available to compare prices on Amazon. Customers who spend time on different websites looking for promos and the best price will save time shopping with Honey.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Honey Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.