2.99/5
Based on 116 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since the early 90's BuyDig.com has been a forerunner in the consumer electronics marketplace. BuyDig.com offers digital cameras, camcorders, MP3 players, telescopes, kitchen appliances, GPS navigators, printers, Home Theater components including LCD, Plasma, LED and 3D HD televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray players, and so much more. BuyDig.com has been top-rated and is a four-time platinum winner of the Bizrate Circle of Excellence Award. Our goal is to provide our customers with quality products. Visit our website today!

B+BBB Rating
View More View More

138 BuyDig.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I cancelled this order within 10 minutes of placing it and yet they claimed that the order was already shipped and that I would have to wait until FedEx delivered and then after they received it they would process a claim. They are very shady and dishonest. I would not ever recommend anyone do business with them. The CSR Greg ex.** stated he would be sending me a claim number but never did.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Ordered LG OLED 65 inch 8C. It wouldn’t turn on out of the box. They won’t exchange it. It’s up to me to haul it to UPS and drop it off. Seriously, pay a little more from a good dealer. They offered me $20 credit on future purchase. I would never use them for anything.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

They were very disloyal towards me and I can't imagine they aren't either to others. I ordered a product and it was not delivered accordingly to the governance of internet purchases. They falsely advertise products on popular holidays for sale. They make executes: "Oh, yeah that two weeks of advertisement, of the promotional item we did on Google and every single email we sent, we have decided we just wanted to get everybody's credit card information and other information to gain in the disrespect of "customer", so we may sell your information.

March 2018 I made a purchase with an item and a week later it never arrived. I put a ** for my middle initial for the shipping address (not billing). Two months later, I begin to receive postal mail for **. The only time I've ever used the letter "**" as a middle name, I then begin to receive postal mail. The long dispute of problem is that they charged my credit card with it now on my bill to pay by me for it, as it reached my end of monthly credit card bill. They made no initiative to make it right. They have lost all loyalty from me and I hope, after reading this, it will prevent people from doing business with BuyDig.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

They sold me a pair of Parrot Ziks 3 on Google advertising a charger to go with them. I never got the charger. The last 10 days I spent countless hours arguing with their reps and the ones from Google Express to no avail. I am convinced that my experience with them is not an exception. Companies like them have no place in the marketplace. They fade out. The sooner - the better for everyone. And all this over $32. Of Facebook I cannot post anything negative on their page. They take it off leaving only arcades. Talk to me about freedom of speech and the voice of the consumer. I will start throwing up and will have to stop here.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Bought an item on Black Friday, and then the company decides to cancel the order as thinking the price was incorrect or too cheap and did not want to honor the mistake. Thus I am left with a wasted promo code, and no items and an email that does not even have an apology!!! Horrible, never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BuyDig.com?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

This company is ridiculous. I thought I caught a black Friday deal, It was an amazing deal. So I purchased it, and since I was so proud I overspent on the next person's gift, thinking I saved money on the last. So, BuyDig decided to wait till after all the Black Friday sales were over to cancel my order and tell me I wasn't getting anything. Now the person I thought was done being shopped for isn't and the money I had budgeted for them is overspent and all I have is a small refund back. The least they could have done was cancel my order before all the Black Friday deals were over. This puts a huge Damper on my holidays and I will make sure to never shop here again.

When I contacted BuyDig, They offered Free shipping to appease me on my next order. Funny thing is they already offer everybody who visits their website free shipping. The promo code is right at the top of their home page and every other page you visit on their website. That's an insult. I can't believe this is standard for a company this size.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I ordered a heater on Nov 1st. Tried to track it after 3 weeks because I knew it should have arrived by now. Tracking it gave me no information. Upon further inquiry, I found out the item was no longer available but I was NEVER notified of this. I was then offered more expensive options! Ridiculous. Extremely disappointed. I had guests coming to stay and was counting on that heater for them. Can't understand why I wasn't notified or automatically refunded.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Satisfied with both the product and delivery speed, but VERY disappointed with my customer service interaction. I mistakenly missed a single character entering the discount code and customer service refused to help or even acknowledge that my request was appropriate.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Refurbished Nikon D3400 - I was mislead and lied to twice and my order was not received on the day it was promised-twice actually. I’ve had to postpone my business plans until mid next week-I essentially lost my money for my business because of this.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered a TV from this site. The site mentions usually it ships the same or the next business day. However I am waiting for last 6 days. It’s stuck in processing status and not shipped yet. Product - LG 55SK8000PUA 55". Ordered on - 10/06/18. Status - Not yet shipped.

Resolution response: Oct. 3, 2018

The sent the item, it did arrive one day later but it’s fine.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I bought an item on Saturday, and even paid for overnight shipping, and these guys were out for another Jew holiday. I don’t care if they want to be out all year celebrating I don’t know what, but at least they need to tell the customers that they are away. They created a shipping label and they responded to my email saying that FedEx is wrong and they did send the package but it’s stuck at “shipping label created” so they are also liars.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Ridiculous experience. I made an order on their website yesterday and chose next day AM shipping. NOWHERE ON THE ORDER PAGE DID IT SAY it won't arrive the next day due to them being out for a religious holiday!!! I have no problem with the 'being out for the holiday' but when people are needing something and are paying for it to arrive at a certain time it should either arrive at that time or be referenced that it's not an available option due to not being in the office to fulfill orders. Also, they sent me an email the next day saying my card declined, which could have been taken card of the same day again had they of NOTIFIED customers on their website that they were not going to be in the office or fulfilling orders while they were out. I WOULD NOT REFER THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Placed an order on Sept 10 and selected 2 Day shipping. At checkout, the website stated I would receive the order on Sept 11. Currently, it's Sept 16th and I have not received the order. Reaching out to their customer service or email has gotten me nowhere. Should have read reviews on this website prior to ordering.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Terrible service... (except for Gaby in customer service, she tried to expedite, very pleasant). Item did not work, returned for refund which takes three weeks after receiving returned item. BuyDIG first & last purchase, terrible service. The transaction, including return shipping time takes a month to receive refund...

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I completed a purchase for $69.99 three days ago. Directly afterward, four charges totalling over $500 were made. Fraud prevention intervened this morning and I had to cancel my credit card to request a reissue. No other use of my card was made by me online in the last month. Please review and advise.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I will try to keep this to the point, while providing as many data points as possible. I've written about this so many times, so I don't want to rehash it all. I even included a full transcript of one of my earlier interactions on Reddit (I don't think I can link to it though not sure how this site works). First and foremost, the most interesting thing about finding this site is the fact that the first review on here is from around the same time period my issue happened and is pretty much the same thing. So the issue isn't new, and these people are doing nothing to resolve it. I ordered a monitor for $275 and was excited to get it. 5 or 6 days later I realize that it's just sitting in "processing" even though I've been charged and the payment posted to my Amex card.

I started a chat with them through the site and the lady told me that there was a payment issue with my order and to call billing. I end the chat and call billing, and the lady (with the heavy accent mentioned in other reviews as it seems the company is run by 3 people) takes my order number and says my payment was processed and everything is fine. When asked why chat lady said there was a billing issue she said she doesn't know. I get back on with chat and same chat lady picks up and remembers me (again just 3 people running this ** show) and she says now the order is canceled and she doesn't know why but I should call in. Of course it's Friday afternoon and they're in New Jersey so I can't call anymore.

This is where I make the mistake of contacting email support. They're obviously outsourced to a company overseas that runs support for hundreds of other companies because they start responding on Saturday at 1 AM and such. My first response says there is a billing issue and that I should call billing (despite having explained that I already did in my initial communication to pre-empt this). I explain again and get a response not to worry my order has been canceled. So I ask why it was canceled when I didn't ask for it to be canceled and the next response I get is "oh sorry it wasn't canceled but there was a billing issue. Please call billing".

I get stuck in this cycle between canceled and call billing for about 4 or 5 more communications until I tell them to escalate to a manager and I will file a complaint with the BBB. Note their phone system says their business hours include Sunday. Their support said they include Sunday, but once I said they have until EOD Sunday to resolve this they sent a reminder with business hours not including Sunday (flat out lying to me). If you call after hours or on Saturday for example you get a message saying they're closed, but if you call on Sunday you get put on hold for eternity without anyone picking up.

Come Monday the BBB complaint is filed but I call billing anyway. Heavy lady from before picks up again and then panics while looking at the order, doesn't let me speak, puts me on hold twice, and then transfers me to a manager. Manager picks up, looks it over, says the system failed to authorize the payment but then succeeded at processing it anyway, so it's stuck in this nasty state where I was charged but they can't refund me. She apologizes, cancels the order and creates a new one manually and overnights the monitor.

Now we think we're good. The only response I got from the BBB complaint from the business was a one liner without proper capitalization "how can we fix this?" or something like that. I "accept" the business' response as I needed nothing further from them. Here's where the real fun starts. You think the saga is over, but it's not. The monitor is defective and I need to return it. I file for return and ship it back to them. They get it and send me the automated email that my refund has been processed and I should see it on my payment method within 2-4 business days. This was on 7/3/2018. I was impressed they must have figured out how to link the payment method to the new manually created order. Boy was I wrong.

I give it 4 business days, which was over a week of real time because I accounted for the 4th of July, and I reached back out on 7/11/2018. They respond saying there is an issue with payment method and to call some number. I call the number and get Beach Camera because support is incompetent and 2 companies are being run from the same warehouse. I find BuyDig's number on my own and call billing on 7/12. Some guy picks up (heavy lady must be on vacation) and looks at the order. Says it shows that there is nothing to refund. I explained to him the whole backstory and how the order was created manually by his billing manager. He didn't seem to get it until I mentioned her name. He put me on hold a few times, coming back and mumbling and then going away.

When he finally comes back he asks me for my credit card number that I paid with. He takes the number, expiration, CVV (AMEX uses 4 digit but he rejected that and asked me to give him the other 3 digit one instead, which probably explains what happens next). Here I am thinking he's about to process this but he says "I will email this info to my boss and she will process the refund when she gets a chance". WHO EMAILS CREDIT CARD INFO? I'm pretty sure that violates some standard of data security or whatever, but at this point I just want my money back, Amex would replace my card if anything happened I hope. I followed up via email detailing what happened for the record same day. I got a response assuring me that per their records I called on 7/12 and the refund was requested on 7/13 and should reflect on my payment method per my bank's processing policy.

Now nobody thought to follow up on this, so on 7/19/2018 when I still haven't seen the refund I call in and ask for a manager. I get put on hold a couple of times because billing is at a loss so they forward me to Saul who I think said he was a floor manager. I explain everything to him again and he was very understanding. He says PayPal had an error processing the refund (not sure why they didn't think it was worth taking action on this). I told him I need my money back. I don't care how. He put me on hold for a while and then when he came back he said he would mail me a check. I said that was fine and that I would give it a week. Today is 07/26/2018 and no check showed up in the mail. Nobody followed up. Nobody cares. I sent out an email before writing this for the record detailing my conversation with Saul, and am looking to give him a call in the morning.

I was weary about writing this before I get my money back, but at this point the world needs to know, because this isn't how customers should be treated. I've probably spent more than $275 worth of my time trying to get that money back. The amount of stress that has been introduced into my life pursuing my rightful refund isn't worth any discount or deal in the future. The way they feel comfortable emailing full credit card info around is a peek into how they handle customer data and privacy.

We'll see how the call goes tomorrow, I'm still debating with whether I should even bother, but it's most likely that I'll have to file for fraud with Amex. Though that'll probably take time too. Seriously, pay any other company the extra money, just STAY AWAY. Companies show their true colors in times like this. Any "company" can take orders and process them without issue and as long as it's going good it's going great. But it's in times when the systems are failing and actual human interaction and competence is required when they either make it or fall flat on their face such as what has happened here.

No response received
Original review: July 6, 2018

Ordered a t7i camera. After a few days of "processing" I contacted them on the status. I was told the order was cancelled but it keeps showing order is processing. I made this order on a free 2 days shipping promotion now I am stuck with this order processing status. When I call to speak with someone. Is the same lady with heavy accent that keep telling me to reorder.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Purchased refurbished Nikon camera. Wonderfully clean and fit product. Had minor issue with contents which was immediately handled by customer service on the weekend no less, at no cost. I will be looking at this seller in the future to meet my needs.

No response received
Original review: June 4, 2018

They sent me a tv that the screen was broken and 3 days later than the original del date sent it back and still waiting on a refund. It’s been 6 months now POS company do not order anything from them. Wish they would have had a -5 for the stars to give them.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I got a confirmation order and never received the products. I emailed and got no response 4 days after. I called and was told that my order was cancelled and no reason was given to me. When I said, "You could have called me or emailed me" they said, "You need to talk to billing." I was left on the phone for several minutes to get no answer. Very unprofessional and bad experience where my time was wasted!!!

No response received
Original review: April 11, 2018

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BUYDIG!! I placed an order and chose to pay for 1 day shipping, the shipping info on the order told me it would be delivered 4-10-2018 (the next day). The afternoon of the 10th I received an email saying my order just shipped and will be here 4-11. I called customer service and the young lady told me I ordered it too late and that their warehouse was closed. I tried to explain to her that the order when placed told me it would arrive 4-10 and that is why I paid extra. She kept telling me that it was ordered after 3 and that their website says that items ordered after 3 may not be shipped that day. She mentioned a clock or counter on the website.

I told her I did not go to the main page. I had followed a link to the product. She told me this clock was on each item. She became rude and argumentative. I said I will just have to blast them with online review and she actually laughed. I could not believe it. So after I hung up I went to their site and looked for this clock or counter. I still can not find one. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I would not recommend ordering a product through BuyDig.com. Unlike Amazon, when you receive a defective product, they will not take it back. They said that it has to be unopened. How would I know a drone is defective if I didn't take it out of the package? Instead, they tell you to contact the manufacturer, which in my case turned out to be a foreign company that will not answer emails. The literature instructed us to ship our "pocket drone" to a repair center in Miami, who told us it was not repairable and to contact the manufacturer directly. Then they requested $15 to ship our defective item back to us. Then, as mentioned, the manufacturer will not answer emails. DON'T order from BuyDig and DON'T expect warranty support from DOBBY.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Ordered zoom lens with bundle. They sent wrong charger and lens. I agreed to keep if send me correct charger. They said, "Ok stop the return and will send charger." After 2 weeks I contacted them and they said they don't replace chargers. I file complaints and BuyDig supervisor call said would send me a charger and lens. Still haven't received them. This company hasn't any integrity. They lied to me two times. Don't trust this company called Buydig!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Love BuyDig!!! Purchased a RTF racing FPV drone (Walkera Rodeo 110). Best price out there. Great customer service. Shipping was super fast. Even purchased again within a week lol. Don't hesitate!!! Also sends out a customer service phone number to call if any problems!!! Try and get that anymore, everyone wants you to email and then maybe get back to you. Not BuyDig! Will def. purchase from them again!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I purchased my drone from them for almost $1800 which is the same as other online sellers. I chose them because of positive reviews and the fact that they are close to me and they offered overnight shipping. I ordered on Thursday night and was offered Overnight delivery for Saturday AM or PM since I missed the cutoff for Friday. I chose Saturday AM to be safe and paid for the service. I called Friday morning and spoke with Josh who guaranteed my delivery for Saturday morning.

Unfortunately they close on Fridays at 2pm and are CLOSED on Saturdays (WHAT?). Upon checking my shipping info, I was given Monday delivery. I called FedEx and they confirmed that BuyDig CHOSE No Saturday delivery to save cost and therefore I’m screwed and of course they’re closed so I can’t call and have this fixed. I’m beyond Angry and highly recommend finding a better store. The prices aren’t much less and they flat out lie to you. Unfortunately this is what the American marketplace has become...they take your money anyway possible, lie to you, leave you hanging, and of course aren’t available once you realize you’ve been ripped off... This is terrible and unfortunately this is my only recourse. I don’t normally write reviews but felt I needed to.

No response received
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Good deals, terrible shipping. Ordered my television and tracked the package. It arrived in Milwaukee on a Friday at 4am. Called Fedex and was told I could pick it up. Get to Fedex and was told I could NOT have my television, PER BUYDIG. They claimed BUYDIG sent it on an economy saver plan that restricts it from being picked up and that they set the delivery for MONDAY. SO my television that BUYDIG already charged me for will sit in a container for 3 days over Super Bowl weekend <--Which is why I bought it! Absolutely ridiculous! Fedex went round and round with me that it was BUYDIG'S rules and they could not change anything...then I call BUYDIG only to find out they close at 2pm Fridays. NO customer service after 2pm...WHAT??? Luckily I found another company with a similar deal to overnight me a television. Very disappointed.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I ordered an item several days ago. The website says that the item I ordered (Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo) is in stock and will receive in 2-5 days. Speak with customer service because they said something needed to be "verified" and yet my account has already been charged and transaction posted with my bank meaning BuyDig has been paid. Was contacted back saying there is no problem and that they just take forever on all order (basically is was customer service told me). It's now almost the end of a full business week and not so much as a tracking number. Not so sure about this, I wonder if the item is in stock or if this is a complete scam...

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I order a turntable, a upgrade cartridge for turntable and vinyl record cleaning kit on 11-24-17. A week later I get an email saying they were sorry and they sold out of the turntable cartridge and they refunded me for the cartridge. I contacted customer service and said I wanted to cancel order, I was told it was too late and simply refused delivery and it would returned to them. Well it finally ended up on my porch anyways, So I contact customer service again and they send me the return shipping label. Now I never open the original box. There was no need, I put return label on box and returned to them 11/24/17.

Now I’m thinking this matter is over, but I check my PayPal account and no refund from BuyDig??? So I contact service again on 12/31/17 and they tell me that they only received the vinyl cleaning kit and no turntable. Now this was a very large box that Had some weight to it that I had returned to them. I told them I send the original box to them unopened and surely there was a record of weight of shipment. They told me they would get a hold of return department and call me back on the 01/02/18. Well no call back on the 2nd so I call them back on the 3nd, They tell me they would report the matter to the supervisor and call me back, guess what? No call back! So now I opened claim with PayPal... Such a hassle! Stay away from this place. Not worth the money you think you're saving and the worst customer service ever!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Very disappointed with the service I have received from Buydig. I tried to make two orders for a product that were both cancelled (once by me and the other by my bank). I was charged by Buydig for both orders and after cancelling them I have only been refunded once. After countless emails and phone calls, I have been told that I was only charged once, therefore no additional refund is due. I have sent them copies of my credit card statement which clearly shows that I have definitely been charged by Buydig twice and only refunded once. They refuse to admit it (even with hard proof). My bank has ensured me that Buydig has charged me twice. I honestly don't know what else I can do to get my money back.

No response received
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

You lie. You take people's information then try and charge a higher price. Rip off. Cannot be trusted. I hate coward companies like you. Most are run by cowards who fail to stand behind their word.

BuyDig.com expert review by Erin Huffstetler

BuyDig.com was established during the 1990s and is headquartered in Edison, N.J. The company is associated with BeachCamera.com, and both sites sell a variety of products, but they focus on electronics.

• Payment options: In addition to standard debit and credit card payments, BuyDig lets customers checkout with their Amazon account, PayPal account, Visa Checkout or PayPal Credit.

• Blog: BuyDig’s blog has useful articles on simplifying your life, news on new electronics and gadgets, photography tips and more. Consumers can follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

• Blowout Deals: Consumers who are unsure about which product is best for their situation or the specifications of different products can call the company or use the live chat feature on the website. The customer service number is clearly displayed on the homepage.

• Customer support: Consumers who are unsure about which product is best for their situation or the specifications of different products can call the company or use the live chat feature on the website. The customer service number is clearly displayed on the homepage.

• Free shipping: All items shipping to physical addresses in the 48 contiguous states qualify for free shipping. Some items or orders also qualify for expedited or overnight shipping.

• Best for: BuyDig.com is best for those looking for special deals and free shipping on electronics.

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

BuyDig.com Company Information