2.93/5
Based on 122 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since the early 90's BuyDig.com has been a forerunner in the consumer electronics marketplace. BuyDig.com offers digital cameras, camcorders, MP3 players, telescopes, kitchen appliances, GPS navigators, printers, Home Theater components including LCD, Plasma, LED and 3D HD televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray players, and so much more. BuyDig.com has been top-rated and is a four-time platinum winner of the Bizrate Circle of Excellence Award. Our goal is to provide our customers with quality products. Visit our website today!

B+BBB Rating
View More View More

148 BuyDig.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2019

I made my order with two day shipping and I didn't receive it until like four days later. I'm extremely dissatisfied with the service. It's misleading. I waited extra days for my order to get to me! Terrible service. I called like two or three times to find my order and I couldn't get through Sunday but I found out my order was already here in the state but it was sitting at the FedEx office extra days! If you guys at BuyDig are gonna say free two day shipping than don't mislead people by four days. That's false advertisement!

BuyDig.com response

I apologize for the inconvenience. I would love to look into this for you an see if I can get to the bottom on what happened for you please contact me personally.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2019

Purchased airfryer from BuyDig on Feb 1. Paid on my credit card through Amazon. Product was defective so I sent it back. They received it Feb 26 at 11.53 am. My credit card was never credited to my acct. I called to find out about it. Said takes time. I opened up a dispute with my Discover card, I called BuyDig and this woman Arlene said they sent to Amazon. Called Amazon. Said they did not know that it was BuyDig that had to credit my acct. Called Amazon again. Asked to speak with a supervisor. He finally gave me my answer. This Arlene sent the info and refund that same morning March 26 after I spoke to her. If I did not call this issue would not have been resolved.

BuyDig.com response

I can understand why you’d be upset, as per our records we had issued the refund the same day your product was received. We suggest you check with your financial institution. In which if you are able to still see the refund contact us.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Ordered a TV & 1 week later I received no emails and no progress on the order. Tried calling, but put on hold for over a 1/2 hour. I used the chat feature and kept on being told it was being "boxed". Huh??? Canceled order and went to Rakuten.

BuyDig.com response

I’m sorry for this trouble, I see we have received the item back and issued a full refund on your order. However if there is anything else we could get out to you right away do not hesitate to contact us back. We will make sure you are fully satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

On 11/30/18 I purchased 2 Pioneer Andrew Jones Designed Floor speakers SP-FS52 from BUYDIG on eBay ($210). Five days later, only 1 speaker was delivered by FedEx & figured the other speaker would arrive the next day - no such luck. FedEx tracking # showed only 1 package matching the weight & dimensions on the manufacturer's factory sealed box. I contacted the seller through eBay & their response was to check with my neighbors & file a dispute with eBay, which I did. The seller's next response was both speakers were shipped in the same box - yet another lie, as each speaker is 25 lbs. & the factory sealed box is barely bigger than 1 speaker!

Since eBay's dispute dept. is incapable of reading all the details AND proof I provided, they closed the case in favor of the seller stating "tracking provided shows proof of delivery". So I then opened a dispute with PayPal. 2 months have passed & now I'm expected to pay 100% of the shipping cost to return the 1 speaker I received before my full purchase price is refunded. I just had to file a separate complaint with the Better Business Bureau to recover the $40+ for return shipping charge I've incurred.

FYI - All of the seller's messages through eBay were automated, generic responses & they have not responded to any requests made by PayPal. Despite checking this seller's feedback on eBay (which appeared to be good) before my purchase, I still got burned. I STRONGLY advise you do business elsewhere with a reputable merchant.

Hello,

As per our records, this situation has been fully handled and you have been compensated for all funds. Please let us know if there is anything else we could do to have you remove the review or modified it.

Thank you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered Modway Abate Outdoor Patio Swing Chair with Stand in Black Mocha and they did not send the stands and will not ship the remaining items. Totally not worth the hassle!!! They simply had to send the remaining items and they asked me to re-package the whole items and ship it back so they can add the stands. They have lost their minds!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BuyDig.com?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Way too difficult to get ahold of someone to cancel order, their email response told me to call the billing department and on hold for 10+ minutes (still waiting to speak to someone). I will never purchase another product from them again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

You people are a disgrace. I have tried to get hold of someone to help me with two pressure washers I bought from BuyDig.com and the motor burnt-out on both of them within 10 minutes of use. I have wasted 800 Australian dollars. What are you people going to do about it?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered a monitor from them on eBay that never came. FedEx says they could not deliver it because there were multiple shipping labels on the package. I have requested a refund but BuyDig says that they will not refund my money until they get the item back. I never got it so I can’t possibly return it. They refuse to issue my refund.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I bought a Nintendo Switch Console with a Charging Dock Bundle. The images show 4 joy cons and the product description was very confusing and poorly written. I assumed based on the 3 separate images that it came with the extra joy-cons then. When the product came it did not have the extra joy-cons. I called to see what happened and was told it did not come with those and no attempt to fix the issue was made. They did not even apologize for the way they advertised the product. Turns out what I thought was a great deal was just the regular price for the product. Had I known this I would not have purchased from them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I received my order in just 2 days and it works great! However, there were two dents in the refrigerator and they were not from shipping. I called customer service and they apologized and offered to take $50 off the price I paid, which I thought was very fair. I also could have sent it back and they would have replaced it with a new one. I would not hesitate to order from this company again. Their customer service is excellent!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I cancelled this order within 10 minutes of placing it and yet they claimed that the order was already shipped and that I would have to wait until FedEx delivered and then after they received it they would process a claim. They are very shady and dishonest. I would not ever recommend anyone do business with them. The CSR Greg ex.** stated he would be sending me a claim number but never did.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Ordered LG OLED 65 inch 8C. It wouldn’t turn on out of the box. They won’t exchange it. It’s up to me to haul it to UPS and drop it off. Seriously, pay a little more from a good dealer. They offered me $20 credit on future purchase. I would never use them for anything.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

They were very disloyal towards me and I can't imagine they aren't either to others. I ordered a product and it was not delivered accordingly to the governance of internet purchases. They falsely advertise products on popular holidays for sale. They make executes: "Oh, yeah that two weeks of advertisement, of the promotional item we did on Google and every single email we sent, we have decided we just wanted to get everybody's credit card information and other information to gain in the disrespect of "customer", so we may sell your information.

March 2018 I made a purchase with an item and a week later it never arrived. I put a ** for my middle initial for the shipping address (not billing). Two months later, I begin to receive postal mail for **. The only time I've ever used the letter "**" as a middle name, I then begin to receive postal mail. The long dispute of problem is that they charged my credit card with it now on my bill to pay by me for it, as it reached my end of monthly credit card bill. They made no initiative to make it right. They have lost all loyalty from me and I hope, after reading this, it will prevent people from doing business with BuyDig.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

They sold me a pair of Parrot Ziks 3 on Google advertising a charger to go with them. I never got the charger. The last 10 days I spent countless hours arguing with their reps and the ones from Google Express to no avail. I am convinced that my experience with them is not an exception. Companies like them have no place in the marketplace. They fade out. The sooner - the better for everyone. And all this over $32. Of Facebook I cannot post anything negative on their page. They take it off leaving only arcades. Talk to me about freedom of speech and the voice of the consumer. I will start throwing up and will have to stop here.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Bought an item on Black Friday, and then the company decides to cancel the order as thinking the price was incorrect or too cheap and did not want to honor the mistake. Thus I am left with a wasted promo code, and no items and an email that does not even have an apology!!! Horrible, never again!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

This company is ridiculous. I thought I caught a black Friday deal, It was an amazing deal. So I purchased it, and since I was so proud I overspent on the next person's gift, thinking I saved money on the last. So, BuyDig decided to wait till after all the Black Friday sales were over to cancel my order and tell me I wasn't getting anything. Now the person I thought was done being shopped for isn't and the money I had budgeted for them is overspent and all I have is a small refund back. The least they could have done was cancel my order before all the Black Friday deals were over. This puts a huge Damper on my holidays and I will make sure to never shop here again.

When I contacted BuyDig, They offered Free shipping to appease me on my next order. Funny thing is they already offer everybody who visits their website free shipping. The promo code is right at the top of their home page and every other page you visit on their website. That's an insult. I can't believe this is standard for a company this size.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I ordered a heater on Nov 1st. Tried to track it after 3 weeks because I knew it should have arrived by now. Tracking it gave me no information. Upon further inquiry, I found out the item was no longer available but I was NEVER notified of this. I was then offered more expensive options! Ridiculous. Extremely disappointed. I had guests coming to stay and was counting on that heater for them. Can't understand why I wasn't notified or automatically refunded.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Satisfied with both the product and delivery speed, but VERY disappointed with my customer service interaction. I mistakenly missed a single character entering the discount code and customer service refused to help or even acknowledge that my request was appropriate.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Refurbished Nikon D3400 - I was mislead and lied to twice and my order was not received on the day it was promised-twice actually. I’ve had to postpone my business plans until mid next week-I essentially lost my money for my business because of this.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered a TV from this site. The site mentions usually it ships the same or the next business day. However I am waiting for last 6 days. It’s stuck in processing status and not shipped yet. Product - LG 55SK8000PUA 55". Ordered on - 10/06/18. Status - Not yet shipped.

Resolution response: Oct. 3, 2018

The sent the item, it did arrive one day later but it’s fine.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I bought an item on Saturday, and even paid for overnight shipping, and these guys were out for another Jew holiday. I don’t care if they want to be out all year celebrating I don’t know what, but at least they need to tell the customers that they are away. They created a shipping label and they responded to my email saying that FedEx is wrong and they did send the package but it’s stuck at “shipping label created” so they are also liars.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Ridiculous experience. I made an order on their website yesterday and chose next day AM shipping. NOWHERE ON THE ORDER PAGE DID IT SAY it won't arrive the next day due to them being out for a religious holiday!!! I have no problem with the 'being out for the holiday' but when people are needing something and are paying for it to arrive at a certain time it should either arrive at that time or be referenced that it's not an available option due to not being in the office to fulfill orders. Also, they sent me an email the next day saying my card declined, which could have been taken card of the same day again had they of NOTIFIED customers on their website that they were not going to be in the office or fulfilling orders while they were out. I WOULD NOT REFER THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Placed an order on Sept 10 and selected 2 Day shipping. At checkout, the website stated I would receive the order on Sept 11. Currently, it's Sept 16th and I have not received the order. Reaching out to their customer service or email has gotten me nowhere. Should have read reviews on this website prior to ordering.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Terrible service... (except for Gaby in customer service, she tried to expedite, very pleasant). Item did not work, returned for refund which takes three weeks after receiving returned item. BuyDIG first & last purchase, terrible service. The transaction, including return shipping time takes a month to receive refund...

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I completed a purchase for $69.99 three days ago. Directly afterward, four charges totalling over $500 were made. Fraud prevention intervened this morning and I had to cancel my credit card to request a reissue. No other use of my card was made by me online in the last month. Please review and advise.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I will try to keep this to the point, while providing as many data points as possible. I've written about this so many times, so I don't want to rehash it all. I even included a full transcript of one of my earlier interactions on Reddit (I don't think I can link to it though not sure how this site works). First and foremost, the most interesting thing about finding this site is the fact that the first review on here is from around the same time period my issue happened and is pretty much the same thing. So the issue isn't new, and these people are doing nothing to resolve it. I ordered a monitor for $275 and was excited to get it. 5 or 6 days later I realize that it's just sitting in "processing" even though I've been charged and the payment posted to my Amex card.

I started a chat with them through the site and the lady told me that there was a payment issue with my order and to call billing. I end the chat and call billing, and the lady (with the heavy accent mentioned in other reviews as it seems the company is run by 3 people) takes my order number and says my payment was processed and everything is fine. When asked why chat lady said there was a billing issue she said she doesn't know. I get back on with chat and same chat lady picks up and remembers me (again just 3 people running this ** show) and she says now the order is canceled and she doesn't know why but I should call in. Of course it's Friday afternoon and they're in New Jersey so I can't call anymore.

This is where I make the mistake of contacting email support. They're obviously outsourced to a company overseas that runs support for hundreds of other companies because they start responding on Saturday at 1 AM and such. My first response says there is a billing issue and that I should call billing (despite having explained that I already did in my initial communication to pre-empt this). I explain again and get a response not to worry my order has been canceled. So I ask why it was canceled when I didn't ask for it to be canceled and the next response I get is "oh sorry it wasn't canceled but there was a billing issue. Please call billing".

I get stuck in this cycle between canceled and call billing for about 4 or 5 more communications until I tell them to escalate to a manager and I will file a complaint with the BBB. Note their phone system says their business hours include Sunday. Their support said they include Sunday, but once I said they have until EOD Sunday to resolve this they sent a reminder with business hours not including Sunday (flat out lying to me). If you call after hours or on Saturday for example you get a message saying they're closed, but if you call on Sunday you get put on hold for eternity without anyone picking up.

Come Monday the BBB complaint is filed but I call billing anyway. Heavy lady from before picks up again and then panics while looking at the order, doesn't let me speak, puts me on hold twice, and then transfers me to a manager. Manager picks up, looks it over, says the system failed to authorize the payment but then succeeded at processing it anyway, so it's stuck in this nasty state where I was charged but they can't refund me. She apologizes, cancels the order and creates a new one manually and overnights the monitor.

Now we think we're good. The only response I got from the BBB complaint from the business was a one liner without proper capitalization "how can we fix this?" or something like that. I "accept" the business' response as I needed nothing further from them. Here's where the real fun starts. You think the saga is over, but it's not. The monitor is defective and I need to return it. I file for return and ship it back to them. They get it and send me the automated email that my refund has been processed and I should see it on my payment method within 2-4 business days. This was on 7/3/2018. I was impressed they must have figured out how to link the payment method to the new manually created order. Boy was I wrong.

I give it 4 business days, which was over a week of real time because I accounted for the 4th of July, and I reached back out on 7/11/2018. They respond saying there is an issue with payment method and to call some number. I call the number and get Beach Camera because support is incompetent and 2 companies are being run from the same warehouse. I find BuyDig's number on my own and call billing on 7/12. Some guy picks up (heavy lady must be on vacation) and looks at the order. Says it shows that there is nothing to refund. I explained to him the whole backstory and how the order was created manually by his billing manager. He didn't seem to get it until I mentioned her name. He put me on hold a few times, coming back and mumbling and then going away.

When he finally comes back he asks me for my credit card number that I paid with. He takes the number, expiration, CVV (AMEX uses 4 digit but he rejected that and asked me to give him the other 3 digit one instead, which probably explains what happens next). Here I am thinking he's about to process this but he says "I will email this info to my boss and she will process the refund when she gets a chance". WHO EMAILS CREDIT CARD INFO? I'm pretty sure that violates some standard of data security or whatever, but at this point I just want my money back, Amex would replace my card if anything happened I hope. I followed up via email detailing what happened for the record same day. I got a response assuring me that per their records I called on 7/12 and the refund was requested on 7/13 and should reflect on my payment method per my bank's processing policy.

Now nobody thought to follow up on this, so on 7/19/2018 when I still haven't seen the refund I call in and ask for a manager. I get put on hold a couple of times because billing is at a loss so they forward me to Saul who I think said he was a floor manager. I explain everything to him again and he was very understanding. He says PayPal had an error processing the refund (not sure why they didn't think it was worth taking action on this). I told him I need my money back. I don't care how. He put me on hold for a while and then when he came back he said he would mail me a check. I said that was fine and that I would give it a week. Today is 07/26/2018 and no check showed up in the mail. Nobody followed up. Nobody cares. I sent out an email before writing this for the record detailing my conversation with Saul, and am looking to give him a call in the morning.

I was weary about writing this before I get my money back, but at this point the world needs to know, because this isn't how customers should be treated. I've probably spent more than $275 worth of my time trying to get that money back. The amount of stress that has been introduced into my life pursuing my rightful refund isn't worth any discount or deal in the future. The way they feel comfortable emailing full credit card info around is a peek into how they handle customer data and privacy.

We'll see how the call goes tomorrow, I'm still debating with whether I should even bother, but it's most likely that I'll have to file for fraud with Amex. Though that'll probably take time too. Seriously, pay any other company the extra money, just STAY AWAY. Companies show their true colors in times like this. Any "company" can take orders and process them without issue and as long as it's going good it's going great. But it's in times when the systems are failing and actual human interaction and competence is required when they either make it or fall flat on their face such as what has happened here.

No response received
Original review: July 6, 2018

Ordered a t7i camera. After a few days of "processing" I contacted them on the status. I was told the order was cancelled but it keeps showing order is processing. I made this order on a free 2 days shipping promotion now I am stuck with this order processing status. When I call to speak with someone. Is the same lady with heavy accent that keep telling me to reorder.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Purchased refurbished Nikon camera. Wonderfully clean and fit product. Had minor issue with contents which was immediately handled by customer service on the weekend no less, at no cost. I will be looking at this seller in the future to meet my needs.

No response received
Original review: June 4, 2018

They sent me a tv that the screen was broken and 3 days later than the original del date sent it back and still waiting on a refund. It’s been 6 months now POS company do not order anything from them. Wish they would have had a -5 for the stars to give them.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I got a confirmation order and never received the products. I emailed and got no response 4 days after. I called and was told that my order was cancelled and no reason was given to me. When I said, "You could have called me or emailed me" they said, "You need to talk to billing." I was left on the phone for several minutes to get no answer. Very unprofessional and bad experience where my time was wasted!!!

BuyDig.com expert review by Erin Huffstetler

BuyDig.com was established during the 1990s and is headquartered in Edison, N.J. The company is associated with BeachCamera.com, and both sites sell a variety of products, but they focus on electronics.

• Payment options: In addition to standard debit and credit card payments, BuyDig lets customers checkout with their Amazon account, PayPal account, Visa Checkout or PayPal Credit.

• Blog: BuyDig’s blog has useful articles on simplifying your life, news on new electronics and gadgets, photography tips and more. Consumers can follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

• Blowout Deals: Consumers who are unsure about which product is best for their situation or the specifications of different products can call the company or use the live chat feature on the website. The customer service number is clearly displayed on the homepage.

• Customer support: Consumers who are unsure about which product is best for their situation or the specifications of different products can call the company or use the live chat feature on the website. The customer service number is clearly displayed on the homepage.

• Free shipping: All items shipping to physical addresses in the 48 contiguous states qualify for free shipping. Some items or orders also qualify for expedited or overnight shipping.

• Best for: BuyDig.com is best for those looking for special deals and free shipping on electronics.

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

BuyDig.com Company Information