Call toll free
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

478 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Table was ordered due to appearance in advertisement, as a light, marble-appearing coffee table. What arrived was a dark brown mottled mess. Contacted HAYNEEDLE and was told to package and ship back (at my expense) a large, heavy table. Or, they could send me $40 back, and I could use it for expensive firewood. What a SCAM!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was online looking and I happen to see something like a propane tower. I liked it and Hayneedle was the only place I saw that had it. The cost was fine, it was very easy to order and their product came extremely quickly. It's the first thing I ever bought from Hayneedle and so far I’m very happy with it. They exceeded my expectation. I’m sure I’ll go back and order stuff in the future.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time ans sharing your shopping experience Charles.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I purchased two planters early this year (2017). They were noted in the product description as being designed for outdoor use. The paint has chipped off of these planters very bad. I contacted Hayneedle expecting them to stand by their products, but they do not. No warranty, no refund, no exchange, no apology.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Yesterday, while online at or around 1600 the ad stated, "Medium dog house for sale through Precision". Dog house was $$91.89 plus a 15% discount. This price is to be given until 1259 November 5, 2017. Now when I called at or around 1145am November 5, 2017, I am told that price is no longer and if I wanted it I would have to forfeit the 15% off. I find this rather suspect that a company of this caliber would lead customers to believe this and wonder if the representative was misinformed or there was some other error online I was not aware of. I appreciate your time in looking into this. I was going to order 2 medium size dog houses #DO5384 at 91.89 each along with the canvas liners at $68.84= 160.73 less 15%. I was unable to proceed with the order as advertised 11-4-17 at 1600. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

In June of 2014 I purchased, for $1,000 an outdoor wicker chaise lounge from Hayneedle. It was manufactured and delivered from Modway in New Jersey to my home in California. The product was as described and I was very satisfied UNTIL it started to totally deteriorate. The wicker on the sides broke and the entire piece began to fall apart. According to both Hayneedle and Modway, since this product is beyond its "1 year warranty" (it is now 3 years old) there is nothing more they can do about it! This is, from a consumer perspective, not acceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I’ve only ordered one item from Hayneedle and was very dissatisfied with the product. I purchased a gift basket for my mother’s birthday that was to include an assortment of sugar free treats. They charged me over $40 for a little basket with maybe 4-5 items that could not have cost more than $1/piece. They get two stars simply because the package arrived in one piece and I blame myself a little. I made a impulse decision and didn’t really think about it but for them to blatantly charge that amount of money did not make me happy at all and will definitely make me avoid buying anything from them ever again. Next time I'll be a little less lazy and go make the basket myself for $5/$10. Such a rip off these guys.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Hayneedle’s online ordering process was perfect and the vanity I ordered came in a timely manner. I got it because of the price and the way it was going to work where I will put it. It was my first purchase and the experience was easy.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for sharing your purchase experience Amanda.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I purchased a firepit 2 years ago. The bottom of the pit burnt through and can no longer be used. Hayneedle refuses to help me in any way. They will not sell me a replacement piece. They told me to repurchase the $344 firepit! They blame Walmart who in turn blame Red Ember who in turn blame Plum Struck. So these four multibillion dollar companies cannot help me. I did not mean to purchase a disposable $344 firepit!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Ordered a power riding toy for my grandson in time for it to be delivered on the 31 of Oct. for his birthday party. I received a email on the 27 that the order was canceled because payment could not be processed. I was told to verify my information and to contact my bank to ensure they had the same information. The problem with this was they deducted the total payment on the 26. Needless to say the order will not reach my grandson in time for his party. I cannot recommend this company and I will not use them again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I needed chair cushions and Hayneedle had the right size and color so I ordered them. The cushions were well-priced, it was very easy to order online, and they came within a few days, which is fast. They work fine and fit my chairs and I’m very happy with them. I’ve had them for about four weeks and they are getting a little flat but that can be expected.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for sharing your positive shopping experience with us. We are happy that we met your expectations and that you are pleased with your purchase.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We had looked at furniture stores in this area for cedar chests but they’re getting few and far between. So, my daughter looked on the computer and found the cherry finished cedar chest that we bought from Hayneedle. The product arrived two days after I ordered it. We haven’t assembled it yet. But it looks like it’ll be fine. We opened the box and we looked at it. They looked nice. It’s going to be given as a gift and the occasion isn’t here yet. Hayneedle was great and really quick in the order because we ordered it and a couple of days later, here it was.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I’d like to write a review for an elevated garden I purchased this past spring. I went on the Hayneedle web page, to get the exact product name/model number, and lo and behold, it’s been discontinued. Go figure!!! Not surprised, since the bottom of mine collapsed and dumped all the soil and content of the vegetables growing in the garden in my yard. Wow, what a piece of crap. I asked for a refund, and guess what? Yep, that’s right, I don’t qualify. Humm!! So a raised garden on Hayneedle.com is not even guaranteed 6 months. My advice to anyone thinking about purchasing ANYTHING from this company, think twice. They are a fly by Night Company, and pay no attention to the reviews they have posted, and pay close attention to this one. I will save you the hardship and money I lost dealing with this company. My advice: DON’T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I got Hayneedle's Smart Solar Country Gardens 2-tier fountain that fit our needs. It was solar-powered with very good quality and the price seemed appropriate for the item. It was easy ordering online and I got free shipping.

Hayneedle response

Great to hear, thank you so much for sharing Vince.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

My wife and I bought a dark-colored cedar oak chest from Hayneedle for our daughter to use as a hope chest to keep things in until she leaves the house and take it with her. Purchasing it online was seamless. We had bought one before, and we liked it and bought another one. It's a fair price, which was one of the factors that we were considering what we want, and the directions in putting it together were simple. Hayneedle fits the bill and I'd recommend it.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Ben.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My son was searching for trampoline and he put it in my desktop cue. I pulled it up and looked at it and ordered it as his birthday present. It came in seven days early. However, it was a three parcel shipment and only 2 parcels came in while the third parcel came in four days later. The trampoline seems like a decent quality product but one of the foam wraps around the upright support for the surrounding net was already torn when we put it on. So those aren't the best but everything else seems to be in order. The cost was reasonable and everything was smooth except shipping.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Ordered a wagon. It arrived damaged. Had to do store credit. Second order took longer than first to arrive. It was also damaged. Opted to cancel and get refund. Was told I would have to wait 30 days for refund, after a process that has already taken almost 2 months. Poor quality of shipping. Worst customer service!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

As far as the customer service, Hayneedle was great in taking care of our problem. However, they need to improve their packaging. Two out of the four bar stools that I ordered were packaged in such a way that they came damaged. They were round back bar stools and they were just put in the box, with no packing around the round back. So, as soon as anything got crushed the least little bit, the tops of them cracked. But when I called them last week and explained what the problem was, everybody's been super gracious and the last two have arrived to replace the two broken ones and they're perfect. They look great. I'm very pleased with it.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for sharing your great customer service experience Renee.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I bought a child's table and chairs from Hayneedle. I had purchased a table like it two years ago for my granddaughter and our daughter-in-law and son liked the product. It's a Lipper table and chairs and the first time I ordered it was through Amazon but when it arrived, I didn't like the color. It was cherry and too light so I sent it back. When I was reordering it, I called Hayneedle but they couldn't pull up the order at Amazon so I ordered it through them and I couldn't fill up the order number. I also asked if I needed to call Amazon and they said no because we could actually get the free shipping because we have Amazon Prime. The customer service rep was very helpful and it was a very nice experience in every way. However, I got the wrong size of table but if I can return this product and get the correct size, I would actually recommend Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent order with us. We appreciate you having taken the time to speak with us directly so that we can make sure you have the perfect table.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Ordering online from Hayneedle went very smooth and easy. I got a bouncy horse for my granddaughter’s first birthday and it was very good. It was shipped within a week. Compared to others, the price was close and it had a better rebate on my business. I was very satisfied with the product and with the service. I would buy from them again.

Hayneedle response

We are happy to hear that you (and your granddaughter) are pleased with your purchase. Thank you for taking the time to share this great experience with us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was shopping on Google for a hall tree on a Tuesday. Found one on Hayneedle for 289 dollars so I made my purchase. Get an email confirmation seconds later. 2 days go by and I get an email from Hayneedle saying my orders cancelled and so I call them and they give me the run around and tell me they can resubmit my order but it would take 48 to 72 hours to process a new order. So now we're looking at a week or better just to get an order placed. I could have already paid and received my hall tree from Amazon but I thought I would give them a try so I stay with cancellation knowing I have the usual 2 to 4 days before they will reverse the charges on my credit card!! Bad first time experience. Won't go back!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I had an excellent experience ordering online from Hayneedle. It’s easy to find the items I want on their website and when I couldn’t find them, I had people that I could ask questions to. Their customer service was awesome as well. I have called their 800 number and there was a couple of people I’ve dealt with who were very accommodating. I bought a car seat and one of those Pack ‘n Plays for my granddaughter and I got the items faster than what I anticipated. They came in excellent quality and were easy to assemble. The cost was very good too.

Hayneedle response

Great to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your shopping experience, James.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

So I accidentally placed an order with Hayneedle via ebay and immediately contacted both ebay and Hayneedle requesting a cancellation on that order, and the seller refused to cancel my order saying they could not cancel even though I did it immediately! This people are full of **! My advice, stay away from them!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I liked the shape, the color and the size of the coffee table and so I ordered it from Hayneedle. The ordering experience was easy and the cost of the table was appropriate for the quality. I really liked the product and I was very happy with it.

Hayneedle response

Awesome, great to hear, thanks for sharing your experience Joey.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I bought an outdoor storage shed bench from Hayneedle and it came with the right price at the right time. The quality so far is good. Making the purchase was easy and quick.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Karen.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We bought an outdoor fire pit from Hayneedle and we've had it for a month now. My nephew showed me a couple of things that he had gotten there and I like the products. Ordering online was good and easy. The cost was decent and the quality of the product was very good as well. I have also been eyeing a cupola that Hayneedle has but I'm leaning until it goes on reduced sale.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience, Darlene.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Hayneedle's website was easy to navigate. I bought a wooden swing. I got it for a good price and the quality is excellent. I've had it for two weeks now and I haven't had any problems with it. I only wish they had provided a cushion that you could extra. But overall I've had a great experience.

Hayneedle response

Great to hear, thank you so much for sharing your experience Janny.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I bought a porch swing from Hayneedle for my wife's birthday. The ordering experience was very easy. It was a nice choice and its quality was up to my standard. The reasonable cost was one of the reasons why I went with it. Hayneedle is also very user-friendly and we're about to purchase some more stuff from them.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Craig.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have ordered twice from Hayneedle since August. The first item (an end table) arrived with a damaged top. The Table required assembly - using glue. Hayneedle insisted that we return the table (which meant we had to make a box to fit it into) and pay for a replacement while we waited for the replacement to be delivered and the credit to go through. Second delivery was a bench with upholstered top that arrived with a hole in the upholstery. This time they did not insist we return the product, but wanted us to pay for a replacement again. When I asked why they couldn't just replace it - don't credit me and charge me again - just replace it, I was told that was not the way their bookkeepers liked exchanges handled. I think you need bookkeepers who understand that your business is not dependent upon them - but on keeping CUSTOMERS HAPPY. Won't order here again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I was going to buy a car seat from Walmart but they were going to sell it to me through Hayneedle so I just went straight to them. I have the car seat for two months now. The product quality and the online purchasing experience were great. The process was very easy as well and I got what I wanted when I needed it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased an outdoor arbor for the garden from Hayneedle and I've had it for a couple of months now. The product offering and mainly the price made me decide on purchasing from them and I did it online which was super easy. So far, the arbor is sturdy and it was exactly how I thought it would look like. I'm really happy with the product and satisfied with my Hayneedle experience.

Hayneedle response

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing Georgia.

Hayneedle Company Information