3.40/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Looking for a good furniture store?

1106 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The way we do family Christmas is something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. I wanted a place to put all of my things so that I could see them in one place. A jewelry armoire was my need. My mom did the ordering. When I received the armoire, the box was very hard to open so I kind of ripped it open. The mirror was broken and I was told I had to send it back. I would have to repackage which seemed silly to me. I kinda waited to package it up because I didn't know how long it was gonna take me to put all the parts and pieces back in the box.

I messaged the folks at Hayneedle and asked if they were sure they wanted me to repackage it. I would do it as I totally get that they'd want something back in return for sending me something, but the jewelry armoire weighed like 40 pounds and that was gonna be expensive. All of the information was listed on a sticker on the front of the package if I were to make the shipping. The rep told me not to send the item back and that they would send me a new one. That was what they did. I just had to go back in and select the same product. I've had the armoire since Christmas and I really like it. I was definitely surprised at the variety of things that I could purchase at Hayneedle. If friends or family would ask me if I ever had any bad experiences with them, I would definitely say no and for them to go for it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I really love Hayneedle and my experience has been great. I also absolutely love the things I got from them. We ordered two products within the last 10 months and they are of very nice quality. I like that Hayneedle has a point system and that they have a whole grade. I can go cheap or I can go super high-end. I have a large buffet piece with seven people long that I bought for our breakfast room. But when I was searching, there were 900 different ones to go through. I was fine going through with it but the scrolling sometimes was not fast enough and I round up getting backtracked after I went in to look at the details of the piece. If there was a large group to search through, it won’t let me out faster than it was. So, they could work on that.

Moreover, when I set up an appointment to have a date for delivery on their website, the information did not flow to the local person who was picking up at the airport. Then, I got a phone call from the local person asking me when I wanted to have the item dropped off. I told the person that I already set it up and she told me I did not. But we figured it out together and she was super nice. The guy who dropped it off was super nice, too.

I am a head trainer for people who go on the phone for clients so I know all about the importance of client services. Hayneedle’s clients are not going to understand that the problem is with the coordinating and they will blame them. Hayneedle’s local people are getting yelled and blamed at and the clients will drop them if that is happening. Hayneedle has to figure out how to forge that relationship with their local suppliers for doing that last mile of it because their clients won’t deal with them ever again and they will lose them. Hayneedle needs to work it out and coordinate better. They are smart enough and they got a lot of people who can figure how to fix it up. Overall, Hayneedle is trying to be a great company for their customers and I will order from them again because I can work out some details of the logistics of setting up the delivery now that I know it.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing Elizabeth.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The first product that we bought from Hayneedle was a rocking chair. I also ordered two end tables. I also ordered something else that I had to assemble but I had no problem assembling them as they were well-labeled. They came in good shape and the price was right. I go to HomeGoods, which is a branch of TJ Maxx and Hayneedle's products are much nicer. In addition, the quality is excellent and the cost is just at the right price point that I'll buy it. One time though, I bought one of my end tables and it has a rustic wood kind of surface. But it was too rustic that it showed through the wood surface more than I would have liked. So we called Hayneedle and we got the number of the warehouse where it came from. The actual vendor said the table tops were out of stock, ‘cause we were asking for a smoother one. He said that whenever it came in, he would let us know. But we never heard from him.

What we did was to dress it up and protect the surface. We got a glass cut for it and it actually elevated the look of the table that it seems more expensive. In addition, I was looking all over for a walker and Hayneedle's customer service rep said to me that I should look for a nursery walker if I want a smaller-scale walker, which I wanted. So, she knew her product and knew how to direct me in the right direction. Then, I wanted a cushion for it and she was able to help me get the one I wanted. The cushion that came in was excellent quality. You couldn't have found it any place else at that quality and that price.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered the Sauder Palladia Armoire from Hayneedle on August 27th and I didn't get it until September, the week of the 20th. FedEx lost it, so I called back and Hayneedle didn't have it in stock, so it was a month later before I got the armoire. And I had to change the shipping address because I didn't trust FedEx to deliver it to the lady that I bought it for. But it was not Hayneedle's fault and the representatives I talked to about the shipping fiasco were good. They did great and gave me a 10% off on it.

But when my order came, it was still the wrong color. I ordered a light chestnut color and when it came, it was dark mahogany. Initially, I didn't see it. I just got it in my car and took it to the house of the person I bought it for. She is an elderly lady who is a caregiver for my mom who doesn't have a credit card. I bought it for her and she paid me. She also said that when she opened the box, the screws weren't in it. It had some screws, but it was missing some, so she had to go to Lowe's and buy new screws. But it all worked out and I'd still order from Hayneedle again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We were looking for chairs and saw the BarcaLounger on Hayneedle. We like its price, its quality and the reviews. The ordering process was simple and everything went through smoothly. On the other hand, the biggest concern was if I can’t sit on the chair, then I don’t know how comfortable they are, but all the reviews about it were very good, and that helped a lot and made me a little more comfortable.

When it came to the delivery, there was not a lot of support for tracking the stuff when it got to FedEx. It also disappeared for a while and there was not enough information on schedule as to when it was gonna arrive because we have a second house that they were going to. So, we were worried that they’re gonna get dropped off and we weren’t gonna be around for them. The delivery schedule wasn't precise and they said it was gonna be delivered in up to 15 days . Then we got an email that said it’s gonna be delivered on the next Tuesday, which was only three days away, but it didn’t get delivered. It got delivered a week from then, so the delivery schedule was a little confusing.

Other than the concern with delivery, we've had the chair for about a week now and its overall quality is very good. There were no defects other than a couple of small scratches on the wooden feet. There was one recliner that closes a little bit harder than the other ones, but it’s not very noticeable. All in all, we've had a pretty good experience with Hayneedle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: June 19, 2019

This company claims to sell this product GigaTent Mini Command Dome but when you go to their website product not found... This is a blatant falsifying of and sales ad to all online stores and they need to be shut down.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The loveseat is very nice and assembly was difficult but not impossible. But one bolt bent during assembly and no extras were provided. I called the help number/ Hayneedle customer service provided on the assembly instructions. I ordered it a few months ago so didn’t remember if it was from Hayneedle directly or through another site such as Amazon. They couldn’t find my order using name, email or phone. They told me if I ordered through Amazon they couldn’t talk to me or help me, even though it was their product. For a single bolt! There was no order paperwork in the box.

I finally found the order number on the mailing label, and had ordered directly from Hayneedle so I called them back. I was then told they couldn’t provide a replacement bolt because the chair and assembly parts were packaged and shipped from overseas. I don’t care where they assemble and ship from, but I expect them to be able to service their product. The local hardware store didn’t have a replacement bolt that would work. So I suppose I’ll have to keep looking at hardware stores and online to try to find a replacement bolt so I can complete assembly on my $600 chair. They’d get zero stars if that was an option.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Ordered an item for Mother's Day 9 days prior. Was told delivery would be in time for that day. Made a followup call because no delivery date was e-mailed. Was then told item was being shipped Friday 5-10 not in time for Mother's Day but following Tuesday. Today 5-13 received an e-mail that order had been canceled due to being out of stock after having been told twice that the item was to shipped. I was then advised to call customer service where I could be helped to purchase another item. My suggestion to you BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased an outdoor bridge, some difficulties assembling as parts where misaligned but got it together only to see the black color fade to white/gray after only a few months outside. Brought this to the attention of Hayneedle along with some pics. They got back to me promptly and advised me they were sorry.... offered 15% off on the purchase of another one, why would I want to buy another one?

Original review: May 4, 2019

I ordered a toy box for my granddaughter. They charged my card and held the funds. After 6 days I checked and noticed that there was no activity on the order so I contacted customer service and they assured me that it would ship out the following Monday. Monday came and went and still nothing. I contacted them again and they got back to me after 1 day and notified me that the item was not available and they were cancelling my order and they did issue a refund. Does it really take 10 days to figure out that an item is unavailable? Will not order from them again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Received this $200 lighted floor fountain as a gift. The fountain lights failed. Customer Service said it was past 30 day return period and there was no manufacturer warranty. Their offer to me was to sell me a duplicate as a replacement for a full retail price. No discount, credit or other consideration. For $200 I would expect a fountain to last much longer. I will no longer purchase from them and do not recommend. In looking at their reviews on this site there are a large percentage of negative reviews so apparently many other customers were dissatisfied.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered a triple decker bunk bed for my kids a couple weeks ago. They have been so excited and I got them all new mattresses. We have been waiting for its arrival. I noticed it still showed online that it hadn’t been processed yet, so I went to their online chat to ask if it had been shipped. Their response was that it was cancelled due to them being out of stock, and I would receive my refund in 2-4 days.

It had been cancelled long before I asked about it. I had never received an email about the fact that it was cancelled. Trust me. I looked EVERYWHERE. They did say it would be in stock in another month and they could have a rep call me to order it again with 10% off. I wish I trusted them enough to try again. I feel like they’d charge me, then cancel it, and it would take me asking about it to get a refund. I should’ve read the recent reviews on them before ordering.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I ordered an electric grill, and the Hayneedle website clearly stated that delivery would occur in mid May. I just received an email stating that I won't receive the grill until mid June. Because this delay is unacceptable, I contacted the company to cancel the order. I was told they may or may not be able to cancel, and they couldn't guarantee that the order would be cancelled, despite the long delay. This is clearly bait and switch marketing, and I hate it. I'm standing by now, awaiting an email to let me know my order was cancelled.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Updated on 05/07/2019: This is an in regards to my last review about the Patio Set I ordered and received and office chair in its place because someone screwed up on the pricing! So when I called Hayneedle after I returned the Office Chair (It was picked up from my house from FedEx on Saturday, so I waited until Wednesday). They told me they never received the item so I would not be getting my refund!!! I was fuming at this point because I had my tracking number and knew it was returned to them the day before I called (Tuesday)! I asked to speak with a Supervisor!

They were playing some kind of game with me! I told them I had the tracking number, it was in fact returned and that I wanted my refund. No more nice guy and I wasn't playing their game any longer! I was finally told I would have my refund in 5 business days, after 45 minutes on the phone! I placed an order, received an item that wasn't at all what I ordered and was given the runaround for their misleading ad on the pricing! That they in fact should have honored! HORRIBLE!

Original review: I ordered a 7 Piece Patio Set for a great price and one of my cousins ordered the same set the same day because it was a really great price! Well needless to say we both received OFFICE CHAIRS instead of the Patio Sets! When we called to let them know what we received we were both told they were SOLD OUT! I was told to return the chair and I will receive my refund and my cousin was told to keep the chair and received her refund the same day? Makes no sense how they pick and choose these rules? I mean really OFFICE CHAIRS and PATIO SETS. Did you think we wouldn't know the difference?

Original review: April 22, 2019

An order for 4 patio chairs was greatly delayed from the time frame that Hayneedle had promised. When the chairs finally arrived, one was damaged. Instead of an apology and a new chair being sent out, Hayneedle required the entire set be sent back despite only one chair having damage. Highly wasteful with all of the packaging use and disposal and highly inconvenient for the consumer to box chairs back up, wait for a pick up and then do the whole delivery baloney all over again. I will never order from Hayneedle again. There are better companies out there.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I purchased a dresser online and when it arrived, the drawer sliders were damaged and didn't look like they could be fixed. They took care of everything and issued a prompt refund. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: April 18, 2019

If I could give less than one star I would for all of the frustration this has caused. I ordered my furniture from my online account. Never received any emails about it. Got a call in a couple of weeks it was being delivered. Received furniture and called Hayneedle asking where the points ($42+) they were supposed to give me for this order. Was told I had no orders. Finally after tracking down the order number based on one of the packing lists they claimed my email address was wrong which is why I didn't receive any notices. I explained that I ordered from my account and can't understand how my email could be wrong since all of their marketing material seems to get here but could the order information be transferred to my account. First operator said no but the points could transferred in 24 to 48 hours. After waiting 5 days, still no points. Sent an email, waited 3 days, no reply.

Finally called again and asked yet another operator who said it would take 24 hours and all the information could be transferred. Waited 48, still nothing. Called them today to ask for my email to be removed from my account... They tell me they can't do that. Asked to speak to a supervisor, I wanted to let them know why I was cancelling my account. Sat on hold for a minute or two then the call magically ended without anyone picking up. All I wanted to tell them was If you are going to promise a premium for dealing with your company and don't deliver you are simply going to run yourself out of business. This feels like a major league bait and switch tactic and there are far too many other places to spend my money on the web that are honest in their dealings.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Model 70024/70030 Avenue swivel bar stool. I purchased 4 bar stools from Hayneedle. One barstool had 2 defective P2 legs. The chairs' assembly was straightforward and I completed each chair in about 20-minutes. I used my own hex tool as the one supplied was cumbersome to use. After assembly I sat in each chair. 2 out of 4 chairs have a slight rocker motion, I am going to use felt pads under the chairs to correct this issue. One chair had tight tolerances on the leg assembly and while installing leg (2) they cracked. Hayneedle is sending out new legs at no charge. Overall really nice chairs with comfortable seats and easy swivels.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We purchased a patio table from Hayneedle in March of 2018. I reached out to Hayneedle via email at the end of March 2019 to let them know that the Belham Bayley Hue Cement table was coming apart. The cement top is separating from the interior where the legs attach. I did not hear back from them so followed up with a phone call a few days later. The customer service rep was very kind but said the best they could do was issue a $200 credit to my account - for an $800 cement table that lasted less than a year. I won't be purchasing anything from Hayneedle that I hope will last more than a season.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a dining set in Oct 2018. By the end of the month, one of the chairs broke when I sat on it. I weigh all of 155 lbs. Hayneedle replaced it since I was within the 30 day return window. Recently in April 2019, I had a 200lb-ish guest sit on one of these chairs, and again, it splintered. This time customer service wasn't helpful in the least even when I offered to pay for a replacement chair since I was out of the warranty period. When I asked for a written copy of the warranty so I could submit it to my credit card company (which offers an extended warranty on all purchases made with the card), they couldn't even be bothered to help with that. They've made the whole process very difficult and I will not use them again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The porch swing I purchased from Hayneedle has a high quality and was easy to put together.

Hayneedle response

Great to hear Roxanne! Right in time for spring too! We hope you enjoy the swing. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Purchased what I thought was a glider and cushion, ended up being just the cushion. Description is very deceiving. I was charged shipping which is fine but they want to charge me shipping to return? They have free shipping offers, why can't I return at no cost... What's the difference... First and only purchase I will make.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I've been a member of Hayneedle for four weeks and I wasn’t able to find a bathroom vanity this nice anywhere else. I ordered from them and the process was great. I was 100% satisfied when it arrived and I've had the item for three weeks now. I was a happy buyer and I will definitely use it again. Also, I like the rewards that Hayneedle offers where every time you purchase something, you earn the rewards points. That was nice.

Hayneedle response

Wow Kesha! Thanks so much for your kind words! We're glad you are enjoying the vanity and taking advantage of the Rewards Program. So good to hear from you!

Original review: March 25, 2019

TERRIBLE, MINDLESS workers in Accounting. I placed order online then received email next morning that order was canceled due to credit card verification discrepancy with my billing address. My bills go to a P.O Box 1 mile away from my residence - easy enough to verify. I found customer service to re order and had my bank on another phone on speaker where rep heard confirmation of my billing address and the pending Hayneedle charges that were approved. She forwarded information to her accounting department who took a full day to simply turn around and do the same thing again while double charging my credit card and tying up several thousand $$ during this fiasco.

I am a first time customer and will never use or recommend this company! I'm happy to take my business elsewhere and upon finding out Walmart owns this business, it makes a lot of sense that there are poor processes in place where individuals don't have the common sense or ability to not follow a set script. Save yourself a lot of aggravation, there are plenty of quality, reliable providers available with more competitive pricing.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I bought a hutch about a month ago from Hayneedle. It was the only hutch I saw that I liked. The online ordering experience was very simple. The only drama was that the color and design that I wanted was on backorder, so I had to wait a few months. They had a live chat though and the people there were nice and very responsive. Also, the quality of the product that I received is very good and its cost was fair. Overall, it was a hassle-free experience.

Hayneedle response

So great to hear Carolyn. We are grateful for your patience and we're glad to have followed up with you along the way. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was searching for a good price on a bed and I found it on Hayneedle. This was my first time trying Hayneedle and the online ordering experience was really easy. The variety of products is amazing and I liked that it is easy to search what you're looking for. We just typed daybed and then we just searched on the price range and then based on color, we decided on this model. The bed’s quality is excellent. It's for my daughter and she loves it. The free shipping is also a big plus. If somebody was searching for a product, I'd definitely recommend Hayneedle. Go to the website, just type what you're looking for and search there. There are gonna be different models and you might even find other items that you like.

Hayneedle response

We're so glad to hear this Vinkel! We are happy to see you found a perfect product for your daughter. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I called customer service for wood finish peeling off my new patio table. Only had it a few months. Hayneedle does not honor a warranty after 30 days nor will they give refund or even a partial refund. I am now stuck with a crappy item that looks bad and I purchased a whole patio set & loungers & nesting tables which all match. They sell inferior cheaply made products to consumers & do not stand by the product afterwards! Don't buy anything from Hayneedle! You'll be sorry & regret it afterwards. I'm very dissatisfied. They lost my business permanently. I can spend my money in a store where they actually will stand by their products! I am retired & cannot easily replace this item. Disgusted in Las Vegas. They should not be in business.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a Acme Bristol bunk bed May 2018 from Hayneedle. In the process of a move, we misplaced some screws. I contacted Bristol to see about obtaining more screws. They said their contract is with Hayneedle so they cannot send anything to me (I advised I was willing to purchase them). SO I contacted Hayneedle and they said because my warranty was up. They could not assist with parts. I advised I was willing to purchase. They said the request is outside of their 60 day warranty window so they are not able to request them. So now I have a pretty expensive piece of furniture that I cannot put back together because the company that makes it or the company that sells it cannot send me a few screws! I am very disappointed.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Ordered three slipcovers, totaling $233... was charged $233 from my checking account, AND additional $149! When I called Hayneedle, I spoke with an English-challenged person, who I could not understand. I asked for a supervisor, and got someone who flat-out lied to me, stating that my bank charged me an additional $149, and to take it up with them. I have had this bank since 1998, and I know they would never take any unauthorized money out of my account, which I confirmed with them. I will eventually get my money back, but as a senior on a fixed income, to have this money tied up for probably almost a week, it is an inconvenience. Totally idiotic personnel working at Hayneedle, who couldn't give an honest answer if their lives depended on it. Unprofessional and shady. Never shop there!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Hayneedle has got good products and prices and their website is straightforward. They had everything sorted well so I found what I needed when I went to filter stuff. A lot of online shopping websites don’t have their filters set up properly. I just got a bed from them and it came very quickly. I've had it for three weeks now. It looked like a quality product and for its price, it was a very good value. It's very well-made for a cheap bed.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for sharing Paul.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs