toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Laura,

We are so glad that your office furniture from Hayneedle arrived in good condition and that it came quickly and was well within your price range. We're also pretty happy that your husband was able to assist in putting together the furniture. Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us!

Corporate Escalations Liaison

Original review: May 3, 2017

Recently, I bought some office furniture from Hayneedle and they're of good quality. They looked good and were in my price range. I got the items within a week and it was fast. There were a lot of parts but the instructions for their build were fair. My husband is really good at this stuff. Had he not been as good, he might have been a little more frustrated, but we figured it out and we got a couple of things that were the same type. Once we got one done, the second was easier. Overall, I'll use and order from Hayneedle again. I would recommend them too.

Hayneedle

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your disappointing experience with Hayneedle.com. We have reviewed your order, and have taken note of the original phone call/issue. As this was done within the return window, we feel that it is more than fair for you to request a refund. Please do not worry about returning the item - you can discard or donate as you see fit. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will learn from this experience to take all factors into account so that we can make sure to be more accommodating to our customers. Please look for your full refund to be credited back to your account within 3-5 business days. Should you have any questions or additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hayneedle.com

Original review: July 16, 2017

I purchased a home planter which arrived damaged. The parts broken. I called Customer Service and they sent a replacement. The replacement was worse — broken in 3 pieces. I called. They asked if I would glue it together. They offer a discount. If it didn't work they would replace or refund the item. I accepted the offer. The glue didn't hold. I called again and they said it was past the 30 days. They now refuse to refund or replace the item. I will never buy another item from Hayneedle. Be careful of the discounts when they ask you to keep a damaged product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a Hayneedle rug for two months now. I chose it because of its price and because I liked the pictures that I saw online. I have been looking at other sites and the Hayneedle rug looked nicer than the ones I've seen before. However, it looked a lot better in pictures and the quality wasn’t exactly what I was expecting it to be. From a distance, it looks nice and upscale but when you feel the material, it’s cheap. It has been an easy-going process, but it's not exactly the quality I was looking for.

Hayneedle

We are sorry to hear about the damaged fireplace mantel. It IS frustrating to receive an item that is long awaited for only to find that it has arrived with damage. We are happy to hear that the customer service was helpful and wonderful as that can often make the difference when things don't go according to plan. Thanks, too, for the feedback regarding the website navigation as we want to make shopping not only easy but fun and functional. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Kari A

Hayneedle.com

Original review: July 13, 2017

The price of the fireplace mantel shelf I bought from Hayneedle is excellent and the quality is good but it’s wobbly on my wall. I don’t know if that has to do with the person that installed it or if it has to do with Hayneedle. It also got damaged in between shipping. On the other hand, the customer service was exceptional. I was able to speak with a human, which was helpful because it was frustrating to receive a damaged product. They let me keep it. It was a no-hassle phone call. In addition, it's easy for me to navigate through their website and overall, I've had a very good experience.

Hayneedle

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us, Linda. We're so happy the blues match (matching things online can sometimes be challenging!) and we're over the moon that everything came quickly and to your satisfaction. Thank you most for inviting us to be a part of your home.
Best Regards!

P.S. What a wonderful color that is - bright and cheerful and welcoming!

Original review: July 12, 2017

This is my second time to buy something from Hayneedle and both experiences are great! Once I bought a canvas painting and it was just like I wanted it to be. Shipping was fast! This time I bought a patio umbrella and the color said it was deep sky blue. The picture looked turquoise and my cushions were turquoise so I took a chance on the shade of blue. It came a lot sooner than I thought it would and to my great surprise the color was turquoise and perfectly matched my cushions on my patio chairs!!! I will definitely buy from Hayneedle again!

Hayneedle

We are happy that you found just what you were looking for and that the process was easy and enjoyable for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, Tom. We really appreciate your kind words and you!

Best regards.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I searched for the chair I was looking for online, found it, and ordered two of them from Hayneedle. Finding the lounge chairs was easy and we've had them for about two months. We're using them and they're good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for an outdoor couch for my summer home. I found a beautiful one on the website with delivery date 10 days after order. I jumped on it. It's now a month later and I still haven't received my couch and I still don't have a confirmed date for delivery. For a large company to outright deceive consumers is appalling. I have called the company and they don't seem to be too bothered by the situation. I would never buy another item from them.

Hayneedle

We are happy to hear that the hammock and stand are working out well for you. We also appreciate you having taken some time to use the item so that you could fairly review the product and speak of the quality after a month. Glad to hear the ordering process was easy and did not deter you from shopping (!) and so grateful that you have shared this experience, not just with us, but also with your friends. Thanks so much, Lynn!

Original review: July 9, 2017

I bought a hammock and a stand from Hayneedle a month ago. I like the quality and the price was reasonable. Ordering online was easy and I would tell my friends to check it out and see if they can find something they like. It was a satisfying experience.

Thank you for sharing.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I bought a glass sketch table from Hayneedle. I was googling tables and theirs came up. And the price was really good price and it was glass and I was sold on it. I’m an artist and I needed it. Ordering the table was simple and easy and I did it within 15 minutes. The table's quality is great and it looks nice, too. The directions might have been a little bit too confusing at some point with the small pieces like the screws but I eventually got it. I also got the table sooner than expected, which was cool.

Hayneedle

Great, enjoy your outdoor bed, thank you for sharing your Hayneedle experience.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I have a lot of pool parties so I purchased an outdoor bed from Hayneedle. Ordering online was fantastic. It was pretty easy to navigate their website and find what I was looking for. Also, the cost was totally fair for the great quality. It was an absolutely great experience and I would be purchasing from them again.

Hayneedle

While we are saddened to hear about your damaged item, It is lovely to hear that you received great customer service when you called. Thank you so much for your detailed honest review.

Hayneedle.com

Original review: July 3, 2017

I bought a fountain from Hayneedle. I looked around for other retailers but they were more expensive. Hayneedle's was cheap and although it’s not the best and not very good material, for the money I paid, the fountain is still nice and looks good. The design is what attracted me to buy the fountain. However, when I received the fountain, it was broken. The material of the fountain is very fragile and it was in a Styrofoam box, very well put inside there, but broken in the box. Many people, from the reviews I read, were saying that their fountain was also broken.

Nevertheless, the people at Hayneedle were very nice. When I complained about the broken parts, they said they know and understand. Then they asked me if I wanted to send the product back but I asked if there was a different option and they gave me a $50 discount. Anyway, it's what I expected for the money I paid because a good and big fountain is $400 or more but for this one from Hayneedle, it was $140 so I’m okay with that. I put one piece back on the fountain but I couldn’t do the rest because they were too small. Now, it's okay and working.

Hayneedle

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your swing. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: July 2, 2017

My husband bought me my Belham Living Curve Back Porch Swing from Hayneedle for Mother’s Day. I was having trouble finding another type of swing and it came right up. It was at a fair and average price. He ordered it and it came fast. We were really impressed, with something that large, coming as quick as it did. The hardware for it came within like five days and the swing came just a day or two later. I just love my swing. It rained and I was looking out there and the water’s beaded up on it, which is good.

Hayneedle

Nice to hear, thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I got a hammock and the stand for it three months ago from Hayneedle. I’ve always wanted a hammock. And then, I got an advertisement online. There was a really nice wooden stand that was on sale. So, I went and checked it out, I liked it and I ordered it. The experience was excellent so as the hammock. The cost was good and shipping was free. I received the hammock a day early and the stand’s on time. I was surprised with how heavy the stand is, so it's good that it was shipped for free. There are other things I’m planning on buying from them, but I just hadn’t got around to it quite yet. Overall, the experience was fast, easy and inexpensive.

Hayneedle

Thank you very much for sharing your honest and thorough feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you faced with your order, Harry, as this is definitely not what we want for our customers! We are continuing to work on improving our communication with our suppliers so that we can eliminate these disappointments that occur with items that are out of stock. We understand your concern in regards to tax and we do want to be transparent (as well as in line with other retailers) in regards to our prices and the states where we do charge sales tax in accordance with tax laws and practices.

Thanks again for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with Hayneedle.com.

Best regards.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Hayneedle does not keep track of its partners nor the content that they purport to sell. I ordered an item from their website which was supposed to arrive within 2 weeks. They did not send out tracking information. When contacted about the item, customer service cannot reach the vendor and no further information available. Buyer beware, avoid this site. In addition, they quote one price, but at checkout add tax in a multitude of states. Shop elsewhere and save yourself the hassle.

Hayneedle

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Bobbi. It's great to hear that even when things don't go according to plan, our representatives can offer a sincere apology and get to work on fixing the situation to your satisfaction! Please do let us know when you receive the new umbrella so we know everything is perfect. Enjoy the summer - even more so now with a bit of comfortable shade!

Best regards!

Original review: June 25, 2017

As a senior, having a patio umbrella was a want, not a need! It arrived much sooner than I had expected! When putting it together, I could not get the pole inside of the other one! I notice a dent in the pole connected to the umbrella making it impossible to assemble! I called Hayneedle customer service who offered an apology and said my replacement would go out ASAP! No arguing or persuading! Just that easy and simple! The young man was so courteous! Thank you Hayneedle! I will return!

Hayneedle

Even though Hayneedle is part of Walmart/Jet.com we operate as a separate Business Unit. These orders were not placed on Hayneedle.com.

Original review: June 22, 2017

This is the second time I've ordered from Hayneedle and will be the last! The first object was a dog sculpture and arrived with a broke leg! Today I finally received a feather pillowtop thinking, “YES!!! I'm going to sleep so good tonight” to opening the box and finding a TWIN and not the CALIFORNIA KING I ordered!?!? Like what is going on with the shipping department!?!? I'm so mad! Now I have to go out of my way to send this back! I didn't bother with sending the dog back, I just glued his leg back on because that's just how much of a pain in the butt it is to get to the post office!!! UGH!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought an Island Bay adjustable hammock stand (on sale for $99.98) from Hayneedle. The assembly directions were not very clear, but we figured it out and all went fine until the last two pieces. The plastic hooks that the hammock connects to simply would not fit into the metal tubes. This is a problem others customers have had judging by the reviews on the Hayneedle website and on Amazon. One customer said that "the plastic pieces have to be forced on with the power of a god." Another customer said he "had to drill our own holes and shave down the steel for the stand to work!" I really didn't think I should have to shave down the steel, so we called Hayneedle for guidance.

The first solution was to credit us $16 and send us replacement parts. To our surprise, the replacement parts that arrived were the same exact parts. Same parts, same size. Needless to say, they didn't fit either. So we called again. We were basically told we were out of luck and that we should just return the item for a full credit. We didn't want to go through the trouble of disassembling the stand and repackaging, but we were told that we had no choice. We waited to receive the return shipping label information. When they returned from keeping us on hold, they told us to just throw out or donate the item. I would have simply posted this review on the Hayneedle site, but I could not figure out how to do that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I advise people to not ever buy from this company. It's worth it to spend a little more for good customer service and prompt delivery. They told us a delivery date that was not accurate. They've had our money for weeks yet we have no furniture.

Dear Rita

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent order with us. While we are happy that your online experience went smoothly, it sounds like the details for shipping could have been clearer and that the delivery itself could have been smoother. We sincerely apologize.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about these concerns as we can definitely take steps to improve upon these processes. As you so honestly illustrated, these experiences can affect how our customers feel about Hayneedle, too!

Thanks again for sharing.

Hayneedle.com

Original review: June 20, 2017

We needed an outdoor furniture and got it from Hayneedle. The online ordering experience was fine but I had to call back a couple of times to ask about the delivery, like who is shipping and who's actually driving the truck to deliver it to our house. It wasn't super clear. In hindsight, I could've paid a little less but I don't feel like I was ripped off either. The poor driver that brought our stuff was by himself. It took him forever to get those boxes situated on stage so that he could clean them off the truck. The boxes were huge and it needed two men. I felt so bad for him that day but he was so nice.

I warn you enough to stay away from this company. After a "glitch" in their software charged my account 3 times ($4800 in total), they said they couldn't remove the charges and I had to go to my credit card company to do so. They then promised their "white glove service" as a means of apologizing for the problem. What "white glove" means is that the delivery company shows up, puts the furniture where you want it, unboxes it, and leaves. They don't assemble at all. Essentially, you pay $129 so that they put it in the room you want and haul away the trash. Not worth $129. Do not use this company unless you like hassles and overcharges.

Dear Joann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your purchase of the Island Bay Resin Wicker Blanca Hanging Egg Chair. We absolutely love these chairs and are happy that you are a fan, too. Enjoy!

Kari A

Hayneedle.com

Original review: June 19, 2017

I was walking my dog and saw somebody had an egg chair on their porch and I thought it would be perfect for me. But I wanted white so I did some research. My neighbor helped me with it and we went through several places that sold it and Hayneedle was by far the best deal all the way around. The cost was right within my pocket range and it's the perfect size for me. The chair has a cushion in it and it hangs on a basic cane with nice heavy chains. I've had it about three weeks ago and I love it. It came in good shape, packed well and everything was great. It was a very pleasant experience.

Hayneedle

Thank you, Daniel, for your feedback and for letting us know that you had a wonderful experience. We really do appreciate the time you took to let us know we are on the right track with our products and services.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Hayneedle.com

Original review: June 18, 2017

I’ve ordered from Hayneedle just once. It’s a small black computer desk and I have it in my son’s room. It fits great in there. It’s solid and doesn’t look like it’s made out of cheap materials. It was a good price and a good quality product. Delivery was free and it’s pretty quick. My experience was great, no problems at all. Hayneedle is simple and easy to deal with.

Resolution In Progress

My first purchase from Hayneedle.com was in April 2017. We bought some outdoor chairs, and with the exception of the poor finish they were acceptable for the price paid. Then we made a subsequent purchase of 4 Douglas Fir Adirondack chairs. Big Mistake, they are JUNK quality. They split when assembling, they are flimsy, and pitiful. Even though they were only $70 each, they should not be sold at any price. Hayneedle.com makes it pretty difficult to find a place to complain on their site, but after two complaints asking for at least a gift certificate or some sort of credit to mitigate this horrible purchase, they have NEVER responded. Most of their products are cleverly displayed cheap Chinese low-end quality it seems. I would like some sort of consideration. We donated the chairs to Habitat for Humanity just to get rid of them.

Resolution In Progress

I placed an order for a hammock for my husband's first Father's Day. I paid the extra shipping to ensure that it would be here in time. I bought this online as I have a 4 month old and knew that I could not carry it myself along with a baby. It was supposed to arrive today. After I placed the order I immediately found out that the base was backordered. Why wasn't I made aware of this when purchasing? I figured at least I would have the hammock but on the day that I was due to receive it I just got a shipping confirmation with a shipping date of Tuesday... after Father's Day.

I called customer service and although the girl was very caring and apologetic. I still don't feel as though this is has been resolved correctly. My husband is returning from 2 weeks away with the military on Father's Day, I thought he could kick back and relax with the baby. Now I have to run around trying to find something else for him. I am SO disappointed I will Never shop with Hayneedle again.

Hayneedle

We are happy to hear that you found the perfect product. Thank you for sharing Laura.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I was shopping online and doing a search for jewelry boxes and the one from Hayneedle caught my eye. It's exactly what I was looking for. I clicked on it and then I did some research and asked around about Hayneedle. I got a lot of good feedback and that’s how I ended up purchasing a contemporary jewelry armoire from them. The cost was excellent for the quality. It's a really nice product. The color is exactly what it showed online and it suits my needs. I really love the way it is. Hayneedle's whole process was really great and smooth. I would recommend them to anyone.

Resolution In Progress

I paid $150.00 for what could have been a nice way to hide the litter box. The doors are not trimmed properly and the right door has a noticeable opening at the bottom and is hard to open and close. I wrote them a letter and received no response.

Hayneedle

Great, enjoy your rocking chairs, thanks for sharing Claude.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I bought two rocking chairs. Ordering online through Hayneedle was easy and I chose them over another retailer for the price. Hayneedle shipped the order really quickly, and everything was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They printed shipping label 2 weeks ago and after multiple phone calls and promises of item being shipped the tracking number is still invalid. And I paid extra for fast shipping. We needed this for a graduation party that was on June 8th, It's now the 14th and still no idea when we will receive it. I'm starting to think they marked it shipped so that they could charge my card which was done on June 2nd. At this rate summer will be over when the patio furniture arrives. I will never buy from Hayneedle again. I should not have to call 10-15 times to find out where the items I paid for are. Deceitful on shipping practices.

Hayneedle

Thank you for sharing your shipping experience Kevin.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I got a Boomer & George log cabin dog house and some stainless bowls from Hayneedle a couple of months ago. The online ordering experience was good and the product has good quality and was cheaper than most of what we've found.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Customer service is nonexistent. Don't believe anything they tell you. I bought an expensive, $1300 offset umbrella Which was delivered May 12, 2016. We used it for the summer, cleaned it and covered it for the winter with the cover included. Loved this umbrella!!! Uncovered it May 10, 2017 and found there is a hole in it. It was supposed to be Sunbrella fabric which I knew from experience is very tough. I called Hayneedle CS and Kermit ** asked me to send pictures and he would be back in touch in a couple of days. I got no response. I sent 4 emai ls to him. No response. Called CS again and talked to Drew who apologized for Kermit not getting back to me and offered to refund my account $150 for the CS neglect. She checked my credit card account and said she was processing it that minute - did not happen. She reviewed the case and said she would call me the following Sunday.

That has been at least 2 weeks ago. She did not call. Received an email from Carolyn ** Customer Care who asked me to send pictures which I did. That was on May 27th. No word from her. Then I found that this is likely not Sunbrella which I ordered but some other fabric. Whichever, there should not be a hole in it in less than a year. It received proper care and was covered all winter. Hayneedle Customer Service/Care has done NOTHING they said they would do and I have a defective umbrella not of the fabric I ordered. Don't expect any follow through once they get you off the phone. I will never purchase anything else from them.

Hayneedle

Thank you for sharing your Hayneedle experience.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I bought a pergola with a retractable canopy from Hayneedle a few weeks ago. It was my first time dealing with them and ordering was real smooth and everything that I expected. They have a really nice website, and I liked that it is very user-friendly. I felt confident and secure in purchasing something from them and that they would be reliable. I received the product in a timely and the product has a reasonable price. I've been searching for a long time and I thought that was the best and lowest price. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Hayneedle Company Profile