3.33/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Looking for a good furniture store?

1114 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The way we do family Christmas is something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. I wanted a place to put all of my things so that I could see them in one place. A jewelry armoire was my need. My mom did the ordering. When I received the armoire, the box was very hard to open so I kind of ripped it open. The mirror was broken and I was told I had to send it back. I would have to repackage which seemed silly to me. I kinda waited to package it up because I didn't know how long it was gonna take me to put all the parts and pieces back in the box.

I messaged the folks at Hayneedle and asked if they were sure they wanted me to repackage it. I would do it as I totally get that they'd want something back in return for sending me something, but the jewelry armoire weighed like 40 pounds and that was gonna be expensive. All of the information was listed on a sticker on the front of the package if I were to make the shipping. The rep told me not to send the item back and that they would send me a new one. That was what they did. I just had to go back in and select the same product. I've had the armoire since Christmas and I really like it. I was definitely surprised at the variety of things that I could purchase at Hayneedle. If friends or family would ask me if I ever had any bad experiences with them, I would definitely say no and for them to go for it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My daughter, Emma, ordered two rabbit hutches for her pets from Hayneedle. The construction of the hutches appeared to be pretty good for the price and she liked their design. I typically research a thing before I buy it if it’s a big purchase and I’m not that familiar with it. But I didn’t do that with this purchase because Emma was spearheading the research for her rabbits.

Emma has four rabbits. We have a little farm and we’ve got chickens, goats and horses. Then as my oldest daughter, Sarah, was going back to school, she found some rabbits that the girls said needed to be rescued, so that was how we ended up with rabbits. Emma has a little, fenced-in area in the yard where she lets them run around in twos. We used little brooding boxes for them while they were young, but once they got older they needed more space.

My wife gave Emma her check card number and Emma ordered the products herself. My daughter is a young teenager and she’s more tech-savvy than some adults, so she didn’t have any problem with the online ordering. Then I helped her assemble the hutches when they arrived. They went together without any problem and I felt good about their quality. I just fed the rabbits in them this morning. Emma is happy with the product and I’m happy that she’s happy with it.

Hayneedle response

That is so great to hear! And we are happy that your daughter was able to order these herself. We hope the rabbits love it and thank you for sharing!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I really love Hayneedle and my experience has been great. I also absolutely love the things I got from them. We ordered two products within the last 10 months and they are of very nice quality. I like that Hayneedle has a point system and that they have a whole grade. I can go cheap or I can go super high-end. I have a large buffet piece with seven people long that I bought for our breakfast room. But when I was searching, there were 900 different ones to go through. I was fine going through with it but the scrolling sometimes was not fast enough and I round up getting backtracked after I went in to look at the details of the piece. If there was a large group to search through, it won’t let me out faster than it was. So, they could work on that.

Moreover, when I set up an appointment to have a date for delivery on their website, the information did not flow to the local person who was picking up at the airport. Then, I got a phone call from the local person asking me when I wanted to have the item dropped off. I told the person that I already set it up and she told me I did not. But we figured it out together and she was super nice. The guy who dropped it off was super nice, too.

I am a head trainer for people who go on the phone for clients so I know all about the importance of client services. Hayneedle’s clients are not going to understand that the problem is with the coordinating and they will blame them. Hayneedle’s local people are getting yelled and blamed at and the clients will drop them if that is happening. Hayneedle has to figure out how to forge that relationship with their local suppliers for doing that last mile of it because their clients won’t deal with them ever again and they will lose them. Hayneedle needs to work it out and coordinate better. They are smart enough and they got a lot of people who can figure how to fix it up. Overall, Hayneedle is trying to be a great company for their customers and I will order from them again because I can work out some details of the logistics of setting up the delivery now that I know it.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing Elizabeth.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The first product that we bought from Hayneedle was a rocking chair. I also ordered two end tables. I also ordered something else that I had to assemble but I had no problem assembling them as they were well-labeled. They came in good shape and the price was right. I go to HomeGoods, which is a branch of TJ Maxx and Hayneedle's products are much nicer. In addition, the quality is excellent and the cost is just at the right price point that I'll buy it. One time though, I bought one of my end tables and it has a rustic wood kind of surface. But it was too rustic that it showed through the wood surface more than I would have liked. So we called Hayneedle and we got the number of the warehouse where it came from. The actual vendor said the table tops were out of stock, ‘cause we were asking for a smoother one. He said that whenever it came in, he would let us know. But we never heard from him.

What we did was to dress it up and protect the surface. We got a glass cut for it and it actually elevated the look of the table that it seems more expensive. In addition, I was looking all over for a walker and Hayneedle's customer service rep said to me that I should look for a nursery walker if I want a smaller-scale walker, which I wanted. So, she knew her product and knew how to direct me in the right direction. Then, I wanted a cushion for it and she was able to help me get the one I wanted. The cushion that came in was excellent quality. You couldn't have found it any place else at that quality and that price.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered the Sauder Palladia Armoire from Hayneedle on August 27th and I didn't get it until September, the week of the 20th. FedEx lost it, so I called back and Hayneedle didn't have it in stock, so it was a month later before I got the armoire. And I had to change the shipping address because I didn't trust FedEx to deliver it to the lady that I bought it for. But it was not Hayneedle's fault and the representatives I talked to about the shipping fiasco were good. They did great and gave me a 10% off on it.

But when my order came, it was still the wrong color. I ordered a light chestnut color and when it came, it was dark mahogany. Initially, I didn't see it. I just got it in my car and took it to the house of the person I bought it for. She is an elderly lady who is a caregiver for my mom who doesn't have a credit card. I bought it for her and she paid me. She also said that when she opened the box, the screws weren't in it. It had some screws, but it was missing some, so she had to go to Lowe's and buy new screws. But it all worked out and I'd still order from Hayneedle again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I bought the torches in Feb. I tried to put them together in late July. I can't get the 2 poles to screw into each other. I called to get a replacement or refund my money. They could only give me in-store credit. Wanted me to print off labels and pay to send the product back to them. Don't shop here, not customer friendly when there are problems.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I ordered patio furniture and a lounger. The site said delivery by 4 days. After my purchase the order wasn't processed for 3 days. After a week product reaches my area. Then needed to schedule a delivery date because products needed to be signed for which then on their schedule pushed getting the products out another 5 days. To make things worse I scheduled with a confirmation showing my 4 hour window of delivery 10-2pm, 2:30 comes so I call automated status. Updates now states window is 1-5pm, been on hold for over 40 minutes. Just horrible service and false promises all over the site. The representative seems to have no idea what’s going on and no desire or ability to help. Very poor company. Highly recommend you not waste your time. Better off using Amazon, Wayfair or Overstock. At least they correspond and the employees are competent.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought a coffee table and paid 75 to rush delivery on top of the 200$ for the coffee table. When I received the product it did not look like the 8 picture they have online. I called customer service and a gentleman name Henry help me but ended up hanging up on me without figuring out the best way to return this. Worst customer service. They wouldn’t Reimbursed the $75 shipping fee even if the product didn’t look like the picture. I would of been ok if they did half or maybe pick up the product free of charge and lose 75 for shipping. Worst customer service!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I ordered a dresser from there and it came in two different boxes that were damaged. I still decided to try to put it together and it was missing about 80% of the screws. The wood was broken into pieces and hinges were bent beyond repair. I called to return it and the first sales rep wanted me to throw away the product for them. When I asked if they could pick it up she refused to answer me and said "have a good day" and hung up.

I called back and the second person was more helpful and told me they would pick it up just to bring the 150+ pound boxes outside. The boxes were never picked up and when I called them the guy I spoke to put in the complete wrong address and said FedEx couldn't come pick it up anymore and I had to reschedule a pickup time for later in the week. No one at this company knows what they are doing. In short: they sell products that are sub-par, broken and/or missing parts and have incompetent support that makes you wonder how they are even still a company. Couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Got a dining table from Hayneedle website, which was from K&B Manufacturers. The holes provided for legs to screw onto the wooden plank of the table were not proper & also no right Allen key provided. The K&B Manufacturer response was very bad & Hayneedle was also unable to provide any help. I had to again repack all the stuff to return the order back. This was all mess, which simply wasted my time & effort.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs