Call toll free
3.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

962 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I selected Hayneedle for furniture solely on the basis of their promised delivery. It is now a week after the promised date and 1 delivery out of an apparent 17 separate shipments has arrived. This was supposed to be furniture for my business opening which will now be delayed. Their prices are competitive, but without the ability to assure delivery, I do not see any reason to continue doing business with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I placed the order and it never shipped. I called to inquire and they said they would call the company and get back to me with the status. I then got an email saying the order was cancelled. The item is still listed on their website and it says it will be delivered by Christmas. Yeah right!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The trees looked great. Unfortunately the little support legs were shorter than wiring so it was difficult to get them to stand upright. The lights were gorgeous. However, unless you held your finger on the control--you couldn't get them to stay on. We're hoping to figure out a workaround. Quality control and better design is needed on this product.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much Gayle. We were glad you found our resolution satisfactory. Please let us know if there is anything else you need help with!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I purchased a chest from Hayneedle online and my ordering experience was fine. I bought the item for its construction and dimensions. I needed to assemble it and doing that was easier than what the reviews said. It was also fairly priced and the quality is good.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for your kind words.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I attempted to order furniture. The website accepted my order and my credit card company approved the purchase and the purchase was placed into pending. Then the next day, this company canceled the order indicating that the credit card company disapproved the purchase. This was not the case. Then when I attempted to reorder the furniture, the company is now saying it’s out of stock. This company lies. Don’t do business with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We were cruising for dining room tables and I fell in love with the ones we sawat Hayneedle. So, we bought a dining room table and chair from them. The items were fair-priced and we were very happy with the cost. Their online purchasing process was easy but there was a moment in there where their site was really slow and I know that it wasn't our internet since we have high-speed internet. During the delivery, we were impressed that the post office didn't just drop our items off. There was somebody who took them off the truck, treating them as if we bought them from a high-end furniture store. The chairs were hard to put together but the quality of the products that we got is good.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We were looking for outdoor planters and we were looking on the web to see what looks good. It was more on the design. I got two different ones from Hayneedle and one was good but one was bad in the sense that one was exactly like what it looked in the picture and the other was very different. I’m also finding out better deals now. At that time, I didn't know better so I looked on the web. But now, I know I can go into some of the brick and mortar stores to get some better deals for that.

In terms of the purchasing experience online, if Amazon is number 10, Hayneedle would be about number 7. The website was not clear on the delivery dates and I didn't know what other choices there were. They don’t recommend much in terms of what things are similar or what different brands there are. It just shows what things others bought. So that is not useful. More pictures would definitely help too. For some products, they don’t have many pictures at all. But although the online site is not the best, it is still better than the norm.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We were moving into a new place and the panel bed at Hayneedle looked really comfortable. So, we decided to purchase it. Ordering online was easy but their website was not too friendly and I didn't really see that much. The descriptions of the products should be improved, too. Also, the cost of the bed was all right but after being on it for two months and seeing how flimsy it is, it seems like the price was a bit too much. I reached out to Hayneedle about it but nothing got resolved.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We liked the way the Cascading Rock Waterfall Fountain was built. The appearance was pretty nice and it had LED lights. Also, the reviews about the sound of the waterfall were very good. Ordering it from Hayneedle went smoothly and we had it delivered to our place. I received it on time and the packaging was pretty good. It was a gift for a friend and I heard that they’re liking it. However, the water does splash. And my friend couldn't put it in his living room with a carpeted floor. Other than that, the price was very good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I ordered the Parisot Higher High Sleeper in September. It came pretty quickly but, it was broken in several places. The truck driver said that I had to take all or nothing. I refused it and called Hayneedle. They could not exchange the bed. They made me purchase a second bed at an additional $1,900 and then days later refunded me for the broken one when they received it back from the trucking company. The operator said, "Make sure that your credit card has the room to be able to charge another $1,900!"

About 1 1/2-2 weeks later I received the new bed. The family set aside a whole day to put the bed together for my daughter. When we opened the boxes it was the wrong bed. It was bunk beds and not the high sleeper with the desk below. I called them and they were going to once again make me carry the cost of two beds on my credit card. But, on further investigation they realized the bed I ordered was on back order with no expected date. I told them to just come get the bed and give me a refund. They said that they had put that into motion and I would get an email soon stating all of those actions. No email came.

I called back a week later asked to speak to Heather once again. She didn’t really remember the situation but, read the notes and once again said that she was sending the trucking company to pick it up and initiating a refund. Several days later no email, no truck, no refund. I called back and spoke to a manager. I felt that I was going to have to start legal action at this point to get my $1,900 back. She once again said that she would send a trucking company etc. The trucking called me made an appointment to pick up the bed and then days later cancelled. I had to called the manager again. She called the trucking company or another one and finally about a week later they picked up the bed. About a week to 10 days later I finally received a refund! So over 2 months wasted and all the while my daughter was sleeping with her mattress on the floor.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for sharing your experience Shawna and we are glad things worked out. We value our customer input and thank you for taking time to write to us! Have a great holiday!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Hayneedle had the cheapest price among other retailers. We also had no problems ordering our Sauder Carson Forge desk from them and it definitely came within the expected timeframe. We’re familiar with the product line, and it actually has exceeded our expectations. We’ve had the desk for a month and overall, we've had a good experience with Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for your kind words Kathleen.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I bought a cabinet from Hayneedle that I'm gonna be using in my kitchen, and I had some issues with the way they took the money out of my checking account. I bought two products that both cost $30 and they went into the checking account. They shipped them separately so a couple weeks later, one shipped and they took that out. Then the next week after that, they took the rest of it. That screws everything up in your checking account ‘cause you’re thinking that the whole amount is coming out and then all of a sudden, it’s not on your checking account anymore. When I spoke to customer service about this, they said that’s how they do it. Other than that, the online ordering process was fine.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We received a pre-lit Christmas tree and some of the lights did not work, I reached out to their customer service and heard back immediately. They gave us options on how to proceed and made sure we were satisfied. I was very impressed with this company.

Hayneedle response

Chandler, thank you for the kind words. We are sorry you ran into issues, but are glad we were able to meet your needs right away. Have a great holiday.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought bar stools for my kitchen about a month ago from Hayneedle. It was the only place where I saw something that caught my eye online. Ordering online was very easy. Once my purchase arrived, I called them because I had a couple of pieces that were damaged. I did not like what I heard from them since they said that I had to send the stools back to get them replaced. I actually ended up just keeping them because I didn't wanna go through the hassle having to send something that is already damaged back. Other than that, the quality of the stool is nice and they're holding up well so far. What I saw online is what I got. They look beautiful just the way they were online and the website was very helpful. Everything is good.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I order two end tables. I gave them my credit card number, then I received a e-mail stating that my order was cancelled. So I used other credit card. And I got other e-mail order canceled. I called them and they told me that they canceled my order because they don't deliver to mobile parks or R.V. parks. They should tell us on their website about their delivery to parks. Then why did they accept my credit card twice. Will not shop there again...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

A table was delivered to our home with one side of the box NOT sealed, the back had a huge open hole where I could see the actual table, the box had old postage stamps on it, the hardware was not in the box but actually set on top of the box (not attached in any way), and when we pulled the table out of the box there was a large crack in the wood. We cannot reuse the box to return because it was ripped so badly when it was delivered. First time ordering from Hayneedle and not likely to order again. I took pictures of the box as I walked up to my house because it was so shocking how badly the table was packaged.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased curtains from Hayneedle and it has fine quality.

Hayneedle response

This is so great to hear Susan. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On November 19, 2018, I purchased a Signature Sleep 12 inch memory foam mattress. The estimated delivery date was 11/29/18. My debit card was charged on 11/28/18. I tracked my package via the FedEx app and the status of the package was pending. I contacted FedEx and was told the product was still with the supplier; although, the supplier created a label. I contacted Hayneedle who said FedEx must have lost or did not scan the package. Hayneedle proceeded to offer a refund because the product was now out of stock. What would have happened if I weren’t tracking my package? I am deleting their application from my phone after my refund is processed. Guess it wasn’t meant to be. They will never get my business again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Hayneedle was the first one that came up during my search so I bought my portable outside shed with them. The online ordering experience was excellent.

Hayneedle response

Perfect Linda! We are always happy to hear things like this. Please let us know if you need any questions answered!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My daughter, Emma, ordered two rabbit hutches for her pets from Hayneedle. The construction of the hutches appeared to be pretty good for the price and she liked their design. I typically research a thing before I buy it if it’s a big purchase and I’m not that familiar with it. But I didn’t do that with this purchase because Emma was spearheading the research for her rabbits.

Emma has four rabbits. We have a little farm and we’ve got chickens, goats and horses. Then as my oldest daughter, Sarah, was going back to school, she found some rabbits that the girls said needed to be rescued, so that was how we ended up with rabbits. Emma has a little, fenced-in area in the yard where she lets them run around in twos. We used little brooding boxes for them while they were young, but once they got older they needed more space.

My wife gave Emma her check card number and Emma ordered the products herself. My daughter is a young teenager and she’s more tech-savvy than some adults, so she didn’t have any problem with the online ordering. Then I helped her assemble the hutches when they arrived. They went together without any problem and I felt good about their quality. I just fed the rabbits in them this morning. Emma is happy with the product and I’m happy that she’s happy with it.

Hayneedle response

That is so great to hear! And we are happy that your daughter was able to order these herself. We hope the rabbits love it and thank you for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I had bought an item on Hayneedle (easy order process) and noticed two days later - before I received the item - that the price had dropped. I'm not sure their official policy, but they were very happy/quick to credit me the difference. I was so impressed because I emailed then called (realized a few minutes after emailing they had a phone number) -- not only did I get a person, who was empowered and easy to understand, right away... But apparently my email had already been attended to (just a few minutes after sending it). The person who helped me over email had made a mistake, but the phone agent caught the error and had it all fixed quickly. Was just very impressed how quick and helpful/friendly they were - all on a Sunday evening during a holiday weekend.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing your experience Andrew.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I started researching a lot of trees, and I knew what kind of tree I wanted as it had to be a certain diameter to where I was gonna put it. After looking at all the other trees from all the other websites, Hayneedle's was the best one. However, they sent us two of one and we didn't pay for that. Then when we tried to correct it, the hole got deeper. When we wrote to them on the internet, we explained the problem and they thanked us for being honest. They were upfront and it was nice.

Hayneedle response

Thank you Jerome! We definitely appreciate you advising us of the duplicate and are happy we came to a solution. Please reach out to us for any further questions!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought from Hayneedle once but I haven’t done it for a year and Carlie, my daughter, purchased from them not very long ago. It was her first time and I was the one who pointed out to her the Monarch Specialties three-piece rectangle coffee table. It was a pain to put together. There was literally no direction and they were in many pieces. Still, it was very nice and for the price, it was awesome. Carlie has a twin sister and she’s thinking about getting some for her apartment. We like them and the quality was very good. Ordering them was very nice and the website had good prices and products. Also, everything arrived when it was supposed to. I had a very nice experience with Hayneedle and I would tell anybody to check out their site and find something.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for sharing your experience Sharyn. We are constantly trying to improve we value your review and thank you for taking the time to talk to us. Have a great holiday!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

This jewelry armoire that I got from Hayneedle is good quality. There were no issues when ordering online and it was delivered. Also, it was easy to put together. I was happy with the piece that I got and I would tell my friends to look Hayneedle up.

Hayneedle response

Music to our ears, Lisa! So glad to hear this was smooth and easy. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We’ve purchased some products through Hayneedle since I found that things there are light. We've had these products in our home for four years and I really like the quality of the items that we’ve gotten so far. Among these, there’s an industrial-style lamp that I purchased from them three times. I recently purchased two consoles and the online ordering was fairly simple. Our experience with Hayneedle has all been very positive and I would encourage friends to order from there.

Hayneedle response

Thank you Patricia, for the kind words. We strive to make things easy and simple for our customers!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We have been ordering from Hayneedle for a few years now and most recently, we purchased a living room set that includes a couch, loveseat and chair. The online ordering experience was alright and I didn’t have any problems with the website and the functionality of it. The quality of the items are above average and it's reasonably priced.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Most of my purchases start out by me looking for something in particular. That ends up being Hayneedle. Recently I looked at many different heaters and the style that I wanted, the outdoor propane heater, was with Hayneedle. When I ordered it online, I just plugged in my information, have a credit card and I'm done. The delivery time was great. However, I was a little worried about the package itself because it was beat-up. I took quick pictures of it just to make sure if I opened it up and everything was damaged, I would not think that's Hayneedle's problem, that was gonna be whoever they had delivering it. But the item ended up fine and it was what I expected.

Hayneedle response

Brian, thank you for sharing. We are always aiming to provide excellent service every time and we are glad this time was no different!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I moved to the house and the location wasn’t too convenient, but within a few days, I still received my Greenhouse-In-A-Box from Hayneedle and I appreciate it. The model is good and the flowers look cleaner now. I looked at the instruction and installed it. It was complicated the first time but that’s okay. I learned something and it was a good experience.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much Haojiang! We are glad you are enjoying the greenhouse. We hope your garden sticks around all winter!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I ordered an item twice. The first time I wanted to make sure my order went through so I called. Was told they were going to wait a few minutes and call back since I had just placed the order. Never got a callback. Later I came to find out it was canceled and I wasn’t notified. I ordered it again... Again I was not notified it was cancelled a second time. I called and they said my order wasn’t processed. I paid $30 extra for S&H for 2-day shipping and was told I couldn’t get my order in two days. Makes no sense. Never ever ordering anything from here again. The only reason I rated one star was because the option didn’t allow me to leave it blank. ZERO STARS. ZEROOO.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We purchased interior home products from Hayneedle and we have had them for a year now. The price is a little cheaper over another online site, and the quality of their products is good and I like it. Ordering online was easy.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs