Call toll free
3.32/5
Based on 403 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

802 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Horrible experience, the issue is still unresolved. They failed to ship the product and it is already 2 weeks as I am trying to get to the bottom of this. Customer support is useless. Avoid this middleman company, save time and nerves.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a two-drawer nightstand and a king-sized bed from Hayneedle. They had the best price and I had friends that recommended them. Once I received the headboard and one of the nightstands, I really liked the quality of it so I ordered the second nightstand. Finding products on the website was very simple and ordering was very easy. I was given plenty of options to choose from but I was already zeroed in on a particular thing because that was what I was looking for. Everything went smoothly and things arrived in a timely manner. There were glass tops on the nightstands and they were well-secured. I was impressed with the way it was packed. I’ve had the furniture for about a month now and I find its quality to be wonderful and its cost to be appropriate.

Hayneedle response

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing your experience Donna.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have had Hayneedle products in our home for almost 10 years. I found the products through Google searches and through the Google search, I got to Hayneedle. The online ordering experience with Hayneedle was very positive and easy. I got a picnic table with two benches and a children's craft table with chairs from them. The quality of the products is excellent and the options that were offered were more than I actually needed, and it was great.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Kelly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Keter Eden 70-Gallon Storage Bench - I am writing this review to inform potential buyers to beware of this product. Just received it and got it put together. Felt like I should have duct taped it all over because it is so flimsy. If you think you can lock this, yes, it is equipped with a place for a padlock, forget it. You can remove the lid with little to no effort. If I were Hayneedle, I would pull this product out of my inventory immediately. The gall to charge $103 for this piece of garbage. Looks nice but am afraid to sit on it. I have requested a return from Hayneedle but haven't heard back yet. This is not a review of Hayneedle. The product was shipped in a fair amount of time. Let the BUYER beware.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Ordered an Aeon Clemen dining room table that never shipped. Two weeks later, I contacted Hayneedle customer service to find out where the item was and when I could get it. Was told they generated an incorrect tracking number and that they would follow up with me the next day. They did not. Two days later, I called again and was told that the freight carrier didn't know where the item was and it looked like it never shipped. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. Super disappointing, but between this and lots of other flaws on their website and tracking system, it's clear that this company has some really serious flaws in its operational infrastructure. I will not order from Hayneedle again, and I don't recommend it. Most of the items can also be found on Amazon, a company that actually knows what they are doing and has more influence with third party suppliers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered a file cabinet online based upon the picture shown on the Hayneedle's website. When the cabinet arrived I discovered it was not the unit pictured on the site but a unit that was intended as an add on the a base unit which I should have ordered. What I needed was for "Hayseed" to contact the manufacturer, and order replacement panel, which I was more than willing to pay for. They refused. What they suggested was to send the unit back - well over 100 pounds or check for another dealer. I eventually found another resource. That resource, Grainger, has been very gracious and helpful. Thanks for nothing Hayneedle!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

This is second hand furniture. They didn’t even had the decency to wrap the tools/ bolts on a new package. They just taped the ** out of it. I mean, even the instructions were used before. See pictures. And it’s dented and rusting. Nothing wrong with second hand furniture. Everything wrong with ** about it. If they sell a furniture claiming it’s new, it means they might be not telling the truth about everything else related to the brand. Next time I want a used chair I’ll go straight to OfferUp.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I ordered a piece of furniture from Hayneedle for my mother’s bday. It was way cheaper than anywhere else that I found it and it arrived super quickly which was great. What wasn’t so great was that they sent me the totally wrong color item (white instead of dark brown wood) despite saying they shipped the correct one. I tried contacting Hayneedle's customer service department for help with either a return or refund as well as the shipment of the correct colored item... only to never receive a response. I tried again a week later with exactly the same results. No response, no resolution, just totally blown off.

Now I have an almost $200 piece of furniture in a color that won’t match whatsoever. $200 might not seem like much money but when you’re a broke college grad still living at home and barely making 15K a year, $200 is a lot and honestly it was money I didn’t have in the first place. Beyond unhappy with the disrespect and lack of communication here. Despite being poor as heck, next time I’ll spend the extra cash elsewhere. If I could give zero stars I would. Never shopping with Hayneedle again!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Ordered drop leaf table online. Received email next day telling me order cancelled. Called Hayneedle to reorder. Order was cancelled again. Customer service would only tell me that accounting could not verify info provided on order. I confirmed information several times by phone and email. Order was rejected again. Delivery address was different from billing address. I do this all the time. Have never had this problem with any other company. Customer service stonewalled me over and over. Accounting was never available to explain the issue. I am very unhappy with this company. I will never do business with them again. I advise others to order from another company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My first time to use Hayneedle was a month ago when I ordered a bunk bed from them. The box was a little beat-up when we got it because the delivery people only had one guy doing it. Even so, it's a good quality piece of equipment for the amount of money. Everything was pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I received a damaged item. When I made a phone call, they kindly said that I could certainly return it and FedEx would pick it up. However, for two weeks, no one came to our home to pick it up; therefore, no refund. Run away! Listen to the reviews.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I bought four Adirondack chairs March 10, 2018 for $360.00. They were delivered and I had to pay $100 to have them put together. It is now August 2, 2018 and the chairs are peeling. The paint is peeling! I called today and spoke with Mika who was very kind but said I could not return them and the only thing he could do is give me 40% back because it had been too long and the company does not honor their merchandise after 30 days.

So I asked to speak to his supervisor and she finally came on the line. Her name was Natasha (she said spelled with a “J.”). She was rude and had a very uncomfortable tone to her voice and additionally was defensive. SHE said she would only give me $75.00 back! Then she said only with a store credit. Am I mad? Yes. Not only because the store will not stand behind their merchandise but also because of her attitude and rudeness. I demanded she mail me the 40% and not a store credit. She finally agreed to do that... after I told her I was going to contact the BBB, and explain this mess on the Internet. I am a senior and saved up to buy these chairs for my 560 sq. ft. cottage. What a disappointment. And you need a new customer service lady.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Four weeks ago, I ordered five ducks for my lawn and it was very easy to find what I was looking for. The product's price was okay and the quality was good. They do a good job and I was happy to get what I had gotten from them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We purchased a very expensive product from Hayneedle. Once we receive the product we were extremely happy however we noticed a few flaws in the product purchased. We contacted Hayneedle with reservations. They asked that we send pictures of the flaws we were talking about. Once we sent pictures they replace the product. We were pleasantly surprised. This is the way it should have been handled but we were surprised at a company actually and let the proper way. I would purchase anything from Hayneedle again knowing that they stand behind their product.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase and customer service experience Debbie.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased an outdoor patio furniture from Hayneedle the first time as their price was cheaper than Amazon for almost the identical product. The packages were originally being sold in sets of two at Amazon, but on Hayneedle, they let me buy them in singles so I bought three instead of two pairs. Hayneedle's ordering process was okay but there was no confirmation of my purchase for a few days and I didn’t get an immediate email with my purchase details. Then, we had a major shipping problem. Hayneedle had a giant error on their part and I finally got an email saying that my order was confirmed. I also got an email with the shipping that was already later than what the website said which was “Shipped in seven to 10 days”. It was nearly triple what the website said the shipping would be.

Nonetheless, I finally got an email saying that the furniture was shipped and it was through a third party shipper so I got another email from the shipper. It was a large and a couple of hundred pounds item and it needed to be signed so I had to pick a date off the calendar because we had to be here to sign for it. I took a half day of work for it. When the day arrived, I got a call from an additional shipper who told us that the box came to them so I had to schedule with them as to when I wanted it delivered. It added an extra week to the additional week that it was already late. Plus, I had to take another half day of work to stay home to sign for the package. It was terrible.

I contacted Hayneedle’s customer service and they gave me a percentage off which was fair and significant because it was a large purchase. Their customer service was good in that regard. When we open the second box, there was one chair in it but it obviously had been separated from the other chair and the hardware needed to put together both chairs must have been zip tied to the other chair which was no longer in the box. So, we waited an additional week for the hardware to be sent to us to put together the third chair.

I called their customer service the second time because I had no hardware and they were less friendly and didn’t care. I spent another eight days to get the hardware in the mail. So, from the date I ordered to the date that all of my chairs were put together and usable was over a month. Overall, I like the chairs and the quality is good. They do exactly what I need them to do. But, there were some hiccups along the way and I’d be hesitant to order something large again from them where they had to employ a third party shipper because there had been some sort of disconnection.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought a closet from Hayneedle and it’s good. It's the same as the one I bought a long time ago from a different store. I did a search on the internet about the kinds of desk closet as well as the manufacturer of the one I had and found it on the website. I ordered it and Hayneedle sent it to me fast. I got it in less than a week.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I recently ordered a headboard, nightstand, wall clock and two wooden trays from Hayneedle online. 2 days after my order I received an email that my order was cancelled because it was being shipped to a different address than my credit card address (same last name on ship to but different mailing address). I called immediately to have my order reinstated and was told to call back accounting on Monday. When I did call on Monday I was told that my request would not be opened for 3 days by the accounting department, which means delivery would be delayed as well and there was no one I could talk to in the accounting office. I am so disgusted by the outcome of this order. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I like Hayneedle’s price and they come fast. They were competitive and the quality of their product is good for the price I'm paying for. I have quite a few issues with a product not lighting though. I was at a ski resort and this product was set at sea level or somewhere no more than 8,000 feet. However, ordering from them is pretty easy and when I ordered from them the first time, they were in my timeframe, so I went back to them again.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was looking for a storage box for my husband’s new vineyard. I came across Hayneedle, found what I needed, and bought one from them. It’s perfect. The cost was excellent and the quality is great. Now it’s full of all of our materials. It was a wonderful experience and we were really pleased with the product. We’ll order again.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Rhonda.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased umbrellas for the pool in the neighborhood from Hayneedle where we've gotten them before. Ordering from them online was good as their website was easy to navigate. Also, the quality and the cost of the umbrellas are both good.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I was looking for a patio umbrella. Hayneedle came up on the search engine and they got the color that I needed. The cost was comparable to other umbrellas and it's a Sunbrella, so I didn’t feel like I was overpaying. I ordered it online and everything went smoothly. I got the product a couple of months ago and it’s great quality. I’m happy with it.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Hayneedle's website was great. I just got the outside patio set that I ordered from them and everything was great. I would recommend the company.

Hayneedle response

This is great, thank you so much for sharing Kenneth.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I bought an outdoor float storage from Hayneedle. I was doing Google search since we just got a pool and it was one of the pictures that came up. I clicked on it and it had good reviews. The ordering process was basic. I didn't create an account, I just checked in as a guest because I didn't put my credit card information. I know of too many people who have gotten identity fraud and identity theft so I always just click in that way and it was pretty easy. I placed the order and then it came quick. I like the float storage that I bought. It keeps all of the toys organized for the kids around the pool area. I like the fact that it has wheels and you simply wanna move it closer. The quality is great for the price when I put it together. I'm happy and I will recommend it.

Hayneedle response

Happy to hear you found the perfect product, thank you so much for sharing your experience Cindy.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I ordered a bird bath that has the features that I wanted from Hayneedle. I got it for a decent price. The quality was what I expected and I'm satisfied.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Kathy.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My Daughter's 16th Birthday was to have a new bedroom set. She found what she wanted on Hayneedle and I ordered and later received 3 boxes on June 21st. Well ahead of her July 2nd Birthday. 3 boxes consisting of 1 headboard and 2 sets of bed rails and slats - one set for a completely different set. I needed a footboard to make this all work. My first call to Hayneedle I was put on hold while they called Coaster. Then they came back and said it should be on the way soon. I got a similar story each week I called. Four calls plus initial - Then last week was told they needed a picture of the bed-rails sent me that were for a different bed-set so Coaster would believe me and handle! No mention of that before.

I send several pictures and waited. Then a series of emails. On each call I have had to re-explain what happened. I just wanted my daughter's missing footboard! She is sleeping on the new queen mattress on the floor currently. I have received no real action from Hayneedle and they must have a terrible relationship with Coaster. I will never deal with either again. Latest status today is it should ship next Monday or Tuesday next week! Nobody is in a rush there. I wonder if there is someone out there with an extra footboard going through the same pain. The customer service is very nice but nothing has gotten done. A sign of incompetence and lack of follow up with a supplier that is not helpful. Should not be my problem. I don't even think they deserve 1 star.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for talking to us today, Ron. I'm glad the needed parts arrived in fine condition. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The only thing I don’t like is once you order from some place, they bomb you every day with an ad. We should be able to decline it when we make the orders. Other than that, we ordered a bird bath from Hayneedle within the last month or so. The quality is fine, it wasn’t broken and we were happy.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Hayneedle was the highest price, but they were the only one that had a bed available. I purchased a toddler bed and ordering it went smooth. I just typed it in and it came out. I called somebody before I purchased it to see if they would do a price match, and the lady I spoke to was very helpful. Also, the quality of the bed is great. Hayneedle has good customer service and I would recommend them.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Aisha.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Hayneedle stood out from the rest when I was searching for a product and this summer was the first time I used the service. The website was nice and ordering online was simple.I liked their price and the shipping was very quick. I bought a grill which was what we were looking for and the cost was reasonable. It was the best option I had.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Matthew.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This company authorized your card for the full amount at the time of purchase which most would assume is the full charge for the item. It is not, the company then charges you each time a piece ships which causes a double hold of your funds. Then when you call to have the items returned and refunded they want to charge you a refusal fee. Very unethical practice. I will never purchase anything from them again!

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2018

We received the item (Sportsstuff Poporazzi 2 Person Ski Tube) on August 7, 2018. The kids will be excited. Thanks Hayneedle for following through on your word to make this right.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We ordered the item (Sportsstuff Poporazzi 2 Person Ski Tube) July 6th and received confirmation that the item would be delivered July 13th. The kids were excited. On July 12th we received two emails: one stating the item was out of stock and later in the day stating the company would not honor their $99 price and the order was canceled by Hayneedle. We called customer service. The supervisor, Daniel, read the “fine print” that essentially Hayneedle does not have to honor their advertised prices even when they have confirmed a delivery date. Our family has ordered from this company previously and it appears that they have recently become part of Jet.com and Walmart. Enough said there. We will actively pass the word about this company’s unethical practices.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, Hayneedle has expanded substantially, and it is now one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, home décor and home office furniture. It is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska with fulfillment centers in California and Ohio. Hayneedle offers millions of products from more than 3,000 brands, including their own in-house designs.

• Buying guides: Hayneedle offers buying guides for consumers looking for particular items. From bedding size tips to nursery design advice, these guides help consumers make the best purchasing decisions to fit their needs.

• In-house customer care center: Hayneedle is committed to customer service, and their in-house customer care center is readily accessible for advice, troubleshooting, decorating tips or any other problems that need solving.

• Style gallery: Hayneedle’s style gallery contains pictures to give consumers visual references for how their products are supposed to look. These pictures help consumers decide which furniture and décor is right for the spaces they are meant to occupy.

• Inspiration blog: Hayneedle’s inspiration blog contains ideas for home decorators to get the most out of their living spaces and furniture.

• Rotating sales and specials: Hayneedle’s seasonal sales and rotating specials can offer deals to shoppers who monitor them. Stock is subject to availability limitations.

• Best for: Hayneedle is best for consumers looking for indoor or outdoor furniture and décor from an online seller.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

NE
888-880-4884
www.hayneedle.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business