toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Laura,

We are so glad that your office furniture from Hayneedle arrived in good condition and that it came quickly and was well within your price range. We're also pretty happy that your husband was able to assist in putting together the furniture. Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us!

Best regards,

Kari A.

Corporate Escalations Liaison

Original review: May 3, 2017

Recently, I bought some office furniture from Hayneedle and they're of good quality. They looked good and were in my price range. I got the items within a week and it was fast. There were a lot of parts but the instructions for their build were fair. My husband is really good at this stuff. Had he not been as good, he might have been a little more frustrated, but we figured it out and we got a couple of things that were the same type. Once we got one done, the second was easier. Overall, I'll use and order from Hayneedle again. I would recommend them too.

First off... Customer service is non-existent at Hayneedle. They claim to provide tracking, but it isn't a valid tracking number. The reps are like robots with their seemingly canned responses. Their inability to assist customers is downright pathetic. I ordered a bed... But found out after that the platform didn't much weight. Not on their page, but on another page. They neglected to put this information on the spec section. They want to charge more than 1/3 of the price of the item if refused. I would recommend avoiding Hayneedle at all costs. It seems clear that my negative experience isn't uncommon at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased an outdoor patio set almost two years ago. It was nearly twice the cost of the set that I was replacing but after 12 years of service the stretched fabric was beginning to break down with slight tears and worn-down spots. The fabric's appearance hadn't faded or discolored. The replacement set from Hayneedle looked very similar in appearance when it arrived. Within six months the chairs appeared darker but it didn't seem worth it to complain.

Today the color has gone from a light shade of green to a splotchy brown worn fabric. The furniture has had light use and was always covered. I understand that the warranty was only good for one year on the fabric. I contacted Hayneedle to see if I could purchase replacement materials or if I could replace the set at discount but was offered only a 10% discount on any new furniture. I know that they can't replace all worn furniture and stay in business but I was hoping they could work with me to find a solution.

The bottom line is that you should consider their outdoor furniture will last maybe one or two summers at the most. The hardware would probably last much longer but you will need to replace the fabric after a short period and since the material is integrated into the hardware you will be replacing the entire set. At $1295 that comes out to about $50 a month for use. Our previous set from Sears was $650 and lasted 12 years or a little over $5 a month...

Hayneedle

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your Hayneedle experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had a previous experience with Hayneedle so I went with them again and bought the wicker hanging chair. Ordering online was pretty easy and self-explanatory. I picked the item, chose the quantity, and checked out. The box arrived damage, so I was nervous, but everything inside was intact and the chair is working out perfectly. It's also more decently priced compared to the other ones I saw when I was shopping around. It was a great experience.

Hayneedle

Thank you so much for reaching out to us in regards to your order. We understand how frustrating it can be when an item we have purchased for a loved one arrives with a defect. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about your experience and we are happy that together we have reached a much more pleasant resolution. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased a Ride On SUV for my children's birthday (Twins). I followed all the instructions that were given for assembly and charging and the car has just not worked right. After speaking with their customer service they advised me the battery is supposed to be charged for up to 4 hours. My directions provided in the box states 8-12 hours. The car barely runs more than 20 minutes before dying. I've owned the ride on car for 60 days and they refused to exchange or return and just gave me someone else to call. I hope this crap company goes out of business for selling crap products and not standing by them when they don't work. Hayneedle.com sucks!!!

Hayneedle

Thank you for sharing your experience, Amber.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have a baby coming and my nursery is in a middle of a remodel. I ordered a rocking chair from Hayneedle. The rocking chair had good reviews about the quality. It was easy to purchase through the mobile site of Hayneedle. I also received the product within a week. However, I haven't got to put it up yet. It's still in the box. But, it shipped fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

If I can rate this company a 0 I would. I bought a Oneida Dover 5-piece place setting online and the quantity specifically says 48 pieces. The item goes for $49.99 and I thought that this was a good deal. I ended up getting it in the mail and it just came with 2 spoons, 2 forks and 1 knife. I called customer service and sent them screenshots of what I see and the link and all they could tell me was "there's nothing we can do but refund your order." I called customer service twice and the first lady was super nice and apologetic. The second guy was so rude and spoke to me as if I was wrong. I'll never buy from this company again so I don't have to deal with their false advertising and rude customer service representatives.

Hayneedle

Nice to hear, thank you for sharing Judine.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased a solar water fountain from Hayneedle and I had a very good experience. The online ordering process was easy and it came promptly. I enjoyed getting what I got and everything's very nice, thankfully.

Ordering online from Hayneedle was easy and I bought from them because of their good price. But they sent me the wrong product. I ordered a full over full bunk bed but they sent me a twin over full bunk bed. I had to send it back and the return process was bad. I had to call a bunch and they were really big about how I should send it back. The box was delivered to me and it was in terrible condition when I got it. I already opened it up to put it together before I realized it was wrong. I then had to get a new box, which I spent $30 on. I asked if I would be compensated and the rep told me that I could get 10% off my next purchase. But at that point, I didn't want to buy from them again. So I just returned the bed for a refund and I ordered from a different company.

Hayneedle

Great to hear, thank you for sharing David.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I was searching around and Hayneedle seemed to be competitive with their price and when they can get the items to us. It was easy to navigate through the website and find what I was looking for. Everything was there in front of me, and I could see everything I needed to see. Also, I knew the bookshelf was what my customer wanted. I purchased one to two bookshelves then I delivered them to my customer and they loved it. I'm 100% satisfied with Hayneedle and I will use them again in the future.

Resolution In Progress

I bought online Spalding 88454G Glass Inground Basketball SYSTEM for $389.17 on 9-5-17. Hayneedle had the PIC of the entire system: backboard, pole, rim with net. It was shipped on 9-6-17. Start tracking this order next day and I was wondering why there was only 1 package. I called Hayneedle and was told am only getting the Backboard and also I was told, "You don't get everything that shows in the picture." So, I called AMAZON ($379.99), Competitive Edge (389.99) and those price includes the entire basketball system. So I called Federal Express not to deliver that package because it is an incomplete system. I believed Hayneedle knows this is all I'm getting didn't even bother to call me first. What am going to do with a backboard without a pole? UNSAT.

Hayneedle

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your purchase experience Patty.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I bought a few things from Hayneedle including a little curio cabinet where I have all my stereo stuff in. I still have the cabinet. Also, I'm up here in the High Desert and we did all our landscaping. I have a little section that I just wanted for my birds. I saw a little solar fountain on Hayneedle and I purchased that. I liked the solar and I do a lot of solar lighting. I bought solar fountains before from them and I've always been pleased. They've lasted a long time. Ordering the product was great and the site was pretty nice. All I had to do was put in what I was searching for and every kind that I can get came up. The cost was good too. I would trust Hayneedle to buy something again from them.

Hayneedle

Nice, thank you for sharing Helene.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I like Hayneedle. I've been wanting wind chimes for a while. I checked all over and they had the best price. I got Corinthian Bells and the quality was very good. Also, the reps were very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant. When I call them and order, they're fast and they help me out.

Hayneedle

We are disappointed to hear that the umbrella did not work out but are pleased to hear that the return process was a breeze. Please let us know if we can help you pick out an umbrella that better suits your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I thought the freestanding adjustable umbrella that I bought from Hayneedle would be what I needed. The product was nice and has high quality, but it didn't adjust to block the sun the way I wanted it to, so I returned it. Other than that, everything was fast and pain-free and the return was easy. I would order from them in the future.

Hayneedle

Thank you for your kind review and for shopping with us. We are happy to hear that assembly was a breeze and that you are happy with your item. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The product I bought from Hayneedle arrived on time and the assembly was easy. I had it for about two weeks now and for what I paid, the quality is what I expected. Overall, I got great service from Hayneedle.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a porch put on, and the contractors needed to figure out where to hang it because they wanted to put support. So I had to purchase something, but I wasn’t ready to spend money on it. I looked for a bed swing and the one the porch swing from Hayneedle was on sale and I liked it so I picked it.

Hayneedle’s website was great. It was easy to navigate and to find something. I searched porch swings, a bunch of things came up and I filtered out the color I was looking for. The swing came relatively quickly and it was easy to put together. Its quality is decent, pretty sturdy and the cushions are nice on it. I’m relatively happy with it except for the little chunk of wood out of it. I was going to call Hayneedle about it, but I ended up hanging the swing instead. I’ve had it for two months now.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 3, 2017

Thank you so much for restoring my confidence in Hayneedle. I really appreciate you making this unfortunate occurrence right. I will use my credit card instead when I order the office chair.

Hayneedle

Thank you, Cara, for the updated review. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and are happy that you are pleased with the resolution. Should you ever have any additional questions or concerns, please never hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,

Hayneedle.com

Corporate Escalations Liaison

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I was not informed that rewards do not apply to PayPal orders or I would have put in my credit card information. All the way through the order process it kept telling me what my reward amount would be, it wasn't until my rewards didn't show up on my account that I was informed that they don't apply to PayPal orders. On a $969.46 purchase that really takes a hit. I intentionally ordered from Hayneedle because of the rewards. Very disappointed in Hayneedle.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have purchased from Hayneedle a couple of times before and the ordering process is not hard. Everything was clearly labeled and easy to find. I wanted the outdoor egg chairs, so I recently bought two from Hayneedle. Their price is reasonable and the quality has been fine so far. However, they charge for the return shipping and it costs more than the product itself. Other than that, I got my things in a timely manner and it's been a positive experience. I would recommend Hayneedle.

Hayneedle

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the raised garden beds. They make gardening very easy. Thank you for your sharing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I quit gardening but I wanted to have a few items, so I purchased three of the raised bed gardens from Hayneedle. I initially got one and I liked it so I ordered another one, and I ordered one for my mom for Christmas. The ordering process is simple and the product is easy to put together and wonderful. They also had it on sale and that made it better. I’m happy with everything that I got from them.

Hayneedle

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your hammock. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Ordering from Hayneedle is easy and straightforward. I purchased a hammock from them because of the price and the quality is very nice. I've had it for a month now. It was a very good experience.

Hayneedle

Great, thank you for sharing your experience and enjoy your retro-glider Patricia.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I wanted the retro-glider and ordering from Hayneedle was easy. The quality was quite good but putting it together was a little bit of a problem, but I finally figured it out. All in all, my experience was pleasant. Hayneedle is reliable and offered good value.

Hayneedle

happy to hear that your daughter is enjoying the trampoline! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us - and thank you most of all for being a loyal customer of ours!

Best regards.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

My daughter wanted a big trampoline and I bought it from Hayneedle. It's easy to find products on their website. I've had the item for a few months now and it's great quality.

Hayneedle

Thank you for sharing, Your daughter will enjoy many years playing with the play kitchen.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I got a KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen with lights and sound from Hayneedle and ordering online was really easy. I wanted to go with one of the higher-priced ones so I wouldn’t get something cheap and it turned out well. It's a good product with a fair price. It was time-consuming to put together but it seems sturdy, well-made and of good quality. We've had it for a couple months now and my daughter loves it. It's easy to use and I'm happy with it.

Hayneedle

Thank you for sharing your Hayneedle shopping experience Amy.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

It has been less than six weeks since we moved into a new house and we had things coming and going. Ordering online from Hayneedle was easy. I got the chaise lounge chairs because the price was good and they wouldn't rust.

Hayneedle

Nice, thank you for sharing your purchase experience.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

We purchased two side tables and a center coffee table from Hayneedle less than a month ago. We liked the design and they're also less expensive than what we have been looking for in other places. Ordering from them online was simple and quick. The quality is good so far and we’re happy that they last long. They're what we had expected for the price. Also, it was raining on the day of delivery and the delivery man kept the package outside so it was a little wet but the package held up well and there was no damage to the actual product. The packaging was great. Hopefully, they’ll consistently deliver the same kind of quality for my future purchases.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a bed frame over 3 weeks ago and after putting it together, I noticed that both of the side drawers were damaged, 1 was not usable. I called customer service and after being bounced to 4 different locations I was finally able to communicate that my product arrived damaged. The rep said that she would have to add the drawers to their system to order and provide replacements. I had no further communication for 2 weeks at which time I received an email that this would be resolved in a day or 2.

I have an assembled bed frame that I cannot use for almost 3 weeks now since I’m not sure if they will want me to waste more time disassembling to return. I have no confidence in a good resolution for this issue after reading other reviews. The product is very nice and was not cheap to purchase but a lack of competent customer service like this is really unacceptable. Only purchase with this company if you enjoy a challenge.

Hayneedle

Nice to hear, thank you for sharing Elena.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I was looking in Wayfair and there was an advertising banner on the side for a Hayneedle rocking chair that was in the contemporary style. Because we are more into contemporary than classic, we bought two of these rocking chairs in July, and they were amazing. We also purchased a TV stand and a coffee table last March. Ordering was fantastic and the shipping was very quick. The package was perfect and the quality of the products we got was good. We also had the assembling option with the TV stand. The guys who did the job were very quick and they did not hurt anything, and I was very satisfied with the service.

I bought the rocking chairs on two different days and the second one cost about $20 more than the first. I didn’t know why the price rose in a few days, but the price of the first one was a good compromise between quality and cost. Even with the higher price of the second chair, I bought it anyway because I wanted the chairs to match. My experience has been very positive. I just want to suggest that the description of the items be made more accurate, especially for the dimensions. But overall, my experience with Hayneedle has been very positive. I’m happy with them and I’m always looking at their website to see if I find something that I like.

Hayneedle

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We're delighted that you are enjoying your rocker and that your online ordering experience was positive.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us.

Best regards!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Two months ago, I bought a rocker from Hayneedle and the online ordering experience was very good. The rocker is also very good and I like its height. Overall, purchasing from Hayneedle was easy and quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got an outdoor fire pit from Hayneedle and have it for a couple months now. I liked the price and purchasing it online went fine. When I received the fire pit, it came with a vinyl cover, but it didn't come with a metal cover, which many of them do. I looked at many different ones when I was looking and they all seemed to be about the same. But mine doesn't have the metal cover that you put over the actual ignition area where the gas output is. I called Hayneedle to see if they had a cover for it, or the manufacturer, which they said no. But I wasn’t the first one who called because she knew as soon as I started to tell her the story that other people had called and that particular model doesn’t come with a metal cover.

I went back on to see if I could find one that would have the same size cover and try to order a cover. But I wasn’t able to find one. Other than that, putting it together went pretty easily according to the directions. My Hayneedle experience was good. I bought other items there in the past and the products were always the way that they were described online.

Hayneedle

We are so happy that you found exactly what you were looking for on our website. Even more pleased that it was the right price and the quality you expected. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us

Best regards!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Ordering through Hayneedle online was easy and fast. The fire pit I purchased looks good and I like it. The cost is reasonable as well. It's exactly what I was looking for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered my kitchen islands from Hayneedle online because it had the features that I wanted. However, I've had it for a couple of months now and one of the drawers sticks a little bit, but then it is a lower price product. The quality could be better, but for the price, it's fine.

Hayneedle Company Profile