3.6/5 (2613 ratings)

About Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I ordered a Kitchen Table and Chairs from Hayneedle. When the set was delivered the chairs were fine and in separate boxes. The table however had a extensive crack all the way across the top. Basically broken in two pieces. I called immediately and left a message. Follow up from them was e-mailed. I was told they would give me a 10% discount to keep it and I could apply that $$$$ for someone to repair it! I said I wanted it picked up and a new one delivered. Not an option for Hayneedle. They said I needed to order another one and pay for another one (because I used my PayPal account to pay for it) it was my responsibility!

I also was told they couldn’t refund my money until the broken table was picked up and returned. When will that be? Customer service could not tell me that, I have to wait until I was contacted from a delivery service. So as of right now I have a broken table - I have to buy another one - I won’t get a refund until they have a service pick it up. I just moved into a new house and I have no table. Bottom line I was told this was their policy and there is nothing else they could do! Suggestion: NEVER EVER BUY FROM HAYNEEDLE.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Horrible experience all around. Purchased a patio dining set. Just getting it delivered to our house was a challenge with the shipping company. They didn't coordinate shipping, just text you and say "we will be there in 15 min". Once we received it, the table was damaged (and cannot be repaired). Requested a new table top. They said, "No, you need to return the entire thing or take a discount." Trying to return for one, whole, month with the same shipping company. It has been a nightmare. They never show for pickup, lie that they are about to show, tell me they will show the next day, hang up on me when you are trying to reschedule a pickup. I have had to result to disputing the charges now. One shining area, customer support via email is friendly, but hasn't helped.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Ordered a few of their rain barrels. Received an e-mail with an estimated delivery timeline. Delivery timeline came and went. I logged in to the account to check on things. See a notice that delivery was completed. I then pull up the tracking number and see no entries except paperwork being sent to the shipper. No activity in a week.

I end up e-mailing customer support and receive a reply to the effect of "looks like it's lost, oh well, here's a refund". I couldn't have the courtesy of being informed. They never intended to deliver the product or they had stock issues. I had to go through their website, read conflicting delivery information and reach out to be informed that I had been wasting my time for weeks waiting for delivery to be completed when they had no intention of delivery or notifying me about the purchase. If they were courteous or organized I could have ordered barrels from another supplier and received my items by now. Now I'm out several weeks of my time for nothing.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I purchased some chair cushions... that part was fine. BUT, then come the 2 or 3 times per day advertising emails. I clicked on the unsubscribe button...emails keep coming. Send them a message telling them to PLEASE unsubscribe me, and I get an email back saying they have done that, please allow 5 business days to take effect. A week later, still blowing up my email with advertisements. I emailed them again, saying it's been more than 5 business days and I'm still getting spammed. Response: your request to be unsubscribed has already been processed, please allow 5 business days... They're blocked now, and I won't ever buy anything from them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Through Hayneedle, I bought a Home Styles Kitchen Cart (HMS036-1). I ordered it on Jan, 5, 2022. They said it would be here by Jan. 13. Given the news about supply chain issues, I was skeptical. It arrived on Tues. Jan 11. The Cart was checked for completeness and put together in a bit over 2 hours. The instructions were easily understood and followed naturally! Love my Kitchen Cart.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased a Floating Wall Media Console (South Shore Agora 57 in. Wall Mounted Media Console). I assembled it Christmas Eve. I noticed one of the sliding doors had a few blemishes on it and wrote to the company asking if they could replace it. No Reply. I wrote again, this time with some pictures. No Reply. Less than a day old and I can't get it addressed. I purchased some furniture touch up markers with wax pencils and took care of it myself. Not a very good company to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Worst company ever. Took forever to get it. Had multiple text saying it was gonna be delivered on a certain day but kept never coming. Once I realized how cheap the product was I wanted to return it. They charged me over $200 to return. Customer service was terrible.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This is a company that is ready to tell you to get lost, no matter how right you are - if they know they can get away with it: I purchased a file cabinet which required assembly. They recommended a company to do it. Getting this arranged took time. When the technician came to do the assembly he discovered that so many parts were missing, that it could not be done. So we called Hayneedle.

Their response? The Chinese company from which the item came was out of business. Hayneedle could do nothing about it. They therefore concluded that they had NO responsibility at all. They would not reimburse, they would not come to some agreement. I'm out $233 ($114 for the item; $119 for the technician). If you decide to deal with them, please be very wary...and learn from my experience (that way, what happened to me will have at least some value). Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I found the bed I wanted on Hayneedle. It was $300 less expensive for the exact same bed than I found it for elsewhere. After ordering, they shipped it quickly and sent me all the tracking information. It arrived undamaged and was exactly what I had in mind when I purchased it. Great experience and would order from them again.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Look, I never write bad reviews, but I am beyond frustrated. My order arrived in their shipping warehouse more than a week ago now. I scheduled an appointment for delivery with the provider that they use, Estes Forwarding Worldwide, online, and the day of, no one showed up. Of course, you can’t just reschedule, you have to call in and be on hold for about 20 minutes before you can talk to someone who can’t even reschedule for you, but has to call SOMEWHERE else to reschedule for you. They won’t give you the right number to call either. I’ve called in about 9 times now, very nicely, and rescheduled FIVE times. Five days where, if I weren’t able to work from home right now, I would have wasted my entire day waiting at home for this large item to not be left out in the rain.

Now, of those 5 times I scheduled only once did the item actually go out on the truck for delivery. Only to not be delivered. Why? Because the appointment “wasn’t fully confirmed”. What?? I called, they scheduled it, the item was on the truck... And now I have to wait multiple days in between for them to now apparently call me to reschedule. At this point I don’t think it’ll ever arrive... Don’t buy from Hayneedle. Search the item, and buy it literally anywhere else.

Hayneedle author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Hayneedle Company Information