2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.9/5 (1473 ratings)

About Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

We were not getting emails for our product we ordered. The gentleman who helped us did everything in his power to help us. He took item # down and tracked it, he went above and beyond to help us!!!! He deserves an A+... Excellent customer service.... Thank you Prems Yes

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

They do have reasonable priced items. I have pleased with everything I have purchased so far. I just love an accent table and have received numerous comments on! My friends were astounded at the price, thinking I spend a lot more!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I needed to return a few items because they were too big for my space and there was some technical errors that occurred when creating the return label so I call customer service. Both times I was talking to someone within 2 mins and they were super helpful, attentive and easy going. My problems were resolved really easily and it was enjoyable interacting with the company. I am very happy and will definitely shop there again.

Original review: July 28, 2020

We purchased a fire pit and propane tank cover from Hayneedle. They both arrived in a very timely fashion. Unfortunately, the fire pit had a chip in it. We e-mailed and they were extremely responsive and accommodating to resolve our issue. I would definitely consider making future purchases with this company.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Look, I never write bad reviews, but I am beyond frustrated. My order arrived in their shipping warehouse more than a week ago now. I scheduled an appointment for delivery with the provider that they use, Estes Forwarding Worldwide, online, and the day of, no one showed up. Of course, you can’t just reschedule, you have to call in and be on hold for about 20 minutes before you can talk to someone who can’t even reschedule for you, but has to call SOMEWHERE else to reschedule for you. They won’t give you the right number to call either. I’ve called in about 9 times now, very nicely, and rescheduled FIVE times. Five days where, if I weren’t able to work from home right now, I would have wasted my entire day waiting at home for this large item to not be left out in the rain.

Now, of those 5 times I scheduled only once did the item actually go out on the truck for delivery. Only to not be delivered. Why? Because the appointment “wasn’t fully confirmed”. What?? I called, they scheduled it, the item was on the truck... And now I have to wait multiple days in between for them to now apparently call me to reschedule. At this point I don’t think it’ll ever arrive... Don’t buy from Hayneedle. Search the item, and buy it literally anywhere else.

Original review: April 6, 2021

My mom, a senior citizen, purchased a bed and it turned into a series of calls with Hayneedle and their shipper FedEx, who misrouted the package. Hayneedle could have easily cancelled the order and placed a new order to arrive at my mom's faster. But they didn’t because that costs more money. They had no problem making an 80 year old wait an extra week for a desperately needed item. Just plain disgusting and a horrible look for the brand.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Hayneedle cancelled my order after I inquired the order status 3 days after no shipping. Terrible experience. If you do not have the items in stock, do NOT sell them. Even worse is that it did not notify me of any inventory issue until I contacted the company. Do not recommend this store.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

We ordered a TV stand over a month ago, have been waiting on it since. After a couple of weeks of no communication, we contacted Hayneedle, who said it showed "delivered". It hadn't been delivered, so they checked with the manufacturer who said it hadn't shipped yet. After another 2 weeks of waiting, we canceled the order. Complete waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered the Jaylynn writing desk from Hayneedle back in July. After waiting nearly two months, I finally got my desk at the end of August. Yesterday, December 13th, only three months later, I noticed the desk was suddenly cracking across the top. Nothing heavy was on this desk. It is not sitting in the sun. It seems like it is simply poor craftsmanship and material. Their customer service rep informed me that there was nothing they could do, no refund, no new furniture. Now I'm just stuck with a three month old $500 desk with big cracks on the top.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Prices are somewhat high compared to other "Box stores" given that Hayneedle is an online retail company based in Omaha, Nebraska with a focus on furnishings and decor. In 2016, Hayneedle was acquired by Jet.com, which later became a subsidiary of Walmart.

Hayneedle author review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team