Call toll free
3.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

903 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Last year was the first time I used Hayneedle. I bought a $600.00 fireplace and was given rewards which I did not realize expire. They say they will send out an email when they’re about to expire, but I never received one. Although I was happy with the fireplace (5 stars there) I will not be shopping at Hayneedle anymore unless my rewards were reinstated.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

The TV stand was delayed a little bit but the online ordering experience was cool. Finding what I was looking for was easy. I also had a little trouble with one of the drawers where it was a little longer but it was cool. I'm happy with the quality of the product.

Hayneedle response

Issac, thanks so much for the kind words and we are glad you enjoy the product. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The first product that we bought from Hayneedle was a rocking chair. I also ordered two end tables. I also ordered something else that I had to assemble but I had no problem assembling them as they were well-labeled. They came in good shape and the price was right. I go to HomeGoods, which is a branch of TJ Maxx and Hayneedle's products are much nicer. In addition, the quality is excellent and the cost is just at the right price point that I'll buy it. One time though, I bought one of my end tables and it has a rustic wood kind of surface. But it was too rustic that it showed through the wood surface more than I would have liked. So we called Hayneedle and we got the number of the warehouse where it came from. The actual vendor said the table tops were out of stock, ‘cause we were asking for a smoother one. He said that whenever it came in, he would let us know. But we never heard from him.

What we did was to dress it up and protect the surface. We got a glass cut for it and it actually elevated the look of the table that it seems more expensive. In addition, I was looking all over for a walker and Hayneedle's customer service rep said to me that I should look for a nursery walker if I want a smaller-scale walker, which I wanted. So, she knew her product and knew how to direct me in the right direction. Then, I wanted a cushion for it and she was able to help me get the one I wanted. The cushion that came in was excellent quality. You couldn't have found it any place else at that quality and that price.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We just moved into a new house and I was buying a lot of things. So, it was important for me to utilize the sources that helped me maximize my financial resources. Hayneedle had what I wanted at a good price. I purchased a Sunbrella market umbrella and the shipping was fairly quick. I’ve had it for a couple of weeks and so far, it seems fine. I’m very happy with the Hayneedle products.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for sharing Rebecca.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I purchased a mirror from Hayneedle that I was very excited about. They said by ground shipping it would get there by Oct 5. It was Oct 12 when I sent an email complaint saying it has been past due when I was supposed to receive my package and based on my order summary, the item had not shipped. I NEVER got a response from them about my issue. I wait a few days and I call. He says I should've gotten a response from the email and he cannot tell me why the object has not shipped and it can take another two days to figure it out.

I spent decent money on this mirror that it looks like I will never receive but will never get a refund because I have no way to 'send it back'. I am extremely dissatisfied of how this order has been handled. I always get Hayneedle's promotional emails, but when something needs helping, they are nowhere to be found. Next time, I will go someplace else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We were doing a renovation in the house and switching out furniture. We saw the dining table on a few websites and it came down to the one that had the best pricing which was Hayneedle. The ordering experience was extremely simple. I put in my credit card information and I received the table a week later. Everything went smoothly. The cost and quality are in line with each other, so I was happy with both.

Hayneedle response

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing your shopping experience Simon.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I spoke with two people, one was very helpful, but turns out he was not telling me the correct information. I then was charged a third time after I had asked if specifically if they would charge me after my 2nd canceled order. Now I'm out 450 bucks for one item I don't even have. I called back after I found out I was charged again and spoke with a woman. She says rude to me when I was trying to explain why I was upset being out so much money. She told me there was nothing she could do and that was that. I don't see myself ordering from here anytime in the future.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was searching for rain barrels when Hayneedle came up. I bought one from them and the unit I got had a spout that was a little bit off. It was sideways and not clutched on to the product itself. Then, the netting over the hole won’t let a lot a water in it at one time but we had another screen that did so as not to allow mosquitoes. Still, the rain barrel is attractive as far as they go.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for reaching out to us! We have emailed you and hope our resolution helps. We cannot thank you enough for taking the repairs in your own hands. Please update us if anything persists.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I ordered an Ashley dining table then arrived with one corner having been banged either in packing or during shipment/delivery. I took photos and contacted Hayneedle. They responded very quickly and didn't even ask to see my photos, taking my word for it. They gave me a refund right away, offering me to order a new one and didn't even demand I send the table back. I was very happy with how prompt they dealt with my case, and their overall customer service. I will most certainly buy from them again (hopefully with nothing getting damaged, but I have faith they will solve all issues).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We were having a wedding and didn’t want to rent a tent. We bought one from Hayneedle and it was worth it. It was delivered quickly and it was a good price.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing Miranda.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

A coffee table was purchased for me that appeared lovely online but not in person. I was told to send it back via FedEx. I never received an email letting me know the return was received. I was told from 2 different customer service people that I could be issued a mail check. They informed me that a mail check would take 30-45 days. Today I received an email saying, "Sorry we are issuing a credit to the original method of payment!" I know I made myself clear this was a gift and I did not want it returned to the original method of payment. The only other option I was told I could have was a store credit. I feel if someone puts something in writing and advises you that yes, a mail check will be issued then that’s what should happen! Needless to say I am beyond disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had Googled for a bed frame for my son and the price of the one I saw at Hayneedle was good. It looked nice online so I ordered it right through my phone. The delivery was supposed to arrive on a Monday and then we didn’t get anything. I looked in and the shipping had been updated to Tuesday. It was a day behind than what it initially said, but it wasn’t a big deal to us. It has a good price for the quality. The product was at the cheaper end of some of the ones we were looking at, but it’s pretty solid. It seems to be well made, so we’re happy with it.

Hayneedle response

Thanks for sharing Chelsea! Please feel free to reach out to us for anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I looked online at quite a few sites, and Hayneedle had the product that looked the best to me for my needs. Ordering online didn't take very long and the process was very easy to understand. I got an email the next day saying the product wasn't in stock, and they would send it as soon as they have it. I got the product in about 2 weeks and I'm pleased with what I got. It seems sturdy, and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. The cost was also a little bit lower than other sites for a bigger storage center and the quality. Overall, my experience went very smoothly and I'd order from them again if I see something else I needed or wanted.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much for sharing, Steve. We are glad to hear that the process was smooth even with a little bump in the road. Thank you for understanding!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I purchased a computer desk from Hayneedle and the ordering process has been easy. I’ve been searching for something that fits my needs and specifics that I wanted, and the desk met the criteria.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much for the kind words Valorie! Have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was looking for a particular product for my dog and Hayneedle had the one that seemed to be the best. They also had more of what I wanted. There were other companies that had other things but I liked the product that Hayneedle had, so I ordered from them. It was very easy and the product that I received was excellent. But I got rid of the dog and I didn't get to put the product together. I had to send it back and the process of doing that was very simple. I got reimbursed right away, too. It was a great service and I'd use Hayneedle again in the future because I have other animals.

Hayneedle response

We're glad everything was easy and smooth for you! Please let us know if need anything in the future and thanks so much for sharing Cathy!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I placed an order for 8 chairs with Hayneedle. I then received an email that the chairs were on backorder. They charged my card on a backorder. I called the next day and spoke with Terry to cancel the order. Terry cancelled the order and told me the funds would be returned in 2-4 days. Next day I get an email that the order I cancelled has shipped. Well I bought the same chairs somewhere else so I called and spoke with Ruth who said her Lead Cheryl would have the order turned around and I would have to wait until they are headed back to Hayneedle to get my money back.

Two days later I see that the chairs are still in transit to me. I went on chat and was told that it takes time to get the order turned around. Nothing is happening as Hayneedle said it would so I asked for my money back since none of this way my doing. Received no help from the person so I asked to get a Manager for help. I was told a managers don't chat and to call Customer Service. I asked to chat with a manager again and the chat was disconnected. I feel helpless and I want my money back.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I like the flower pots that I bought from Hayneedle. However, we’re having problems with the chest that I got from them. Looking at it, the left hinge where you screw the screw into it is not holding it. There’s a little groove there and a bracket should be there. You need to screw the screw down and up underneath it, should be a washer to help me out to secure it and we don’t have that. I like this item. It’s very nice. The other hinge works, but the whole left side doesn’t seem to work right. We’re trying to figure out what to do with that but I’m not gonna send it back because it’s too much of a hassle. I've been ordering from Hayneedle for the last three years. The quality of the products that I got from them were all good until I got to this one. Other than that, everything else has been great.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought a table and outdoor table and chairs from Hayneedle beginning of the year. They were really terrific. So, a month ago, I ordered eight covers for the chairs outside for the winter. But instead, I got eight umbrella covers. I talked to a gentleman from Hayneedle and he told me that he was still learning things. I was in a hurry, but it took me a day and a half to get this order in with him. I had a $49 credit but he told me that he didn't know what to do with it.

I finally got the eight chair covers and returned the umbrella covers. Somebody from Hayneedle called me up saying that they have to cancel the first order that they put on my bill, which was for the umbrellas. We straightened it out, but my experience was nothing but aggravation. But I would order from Hayneedle again. Their costs are wonderful and I love every item that I got. The products are well worth it for the price. I would recommend Hayneedle, but beware whoever you're ordering with. If they don't sound like they're sharp and know what they're doing, do hang up and start again.

Hayneedle response

We really appreciate the feedback Lynette. We are glad everything worked out in the end, but agree things could've gone smoother. We take this as a learning experience and will insure to prevent this from happening in the future. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I ordered a mantel clock from Hayneedle as a gift and the ordering process went great. At one point I called in because I didn't receive an email from them and when I talked to the representative, I realized that I had mistyped my email address -- that was why I didn't receive my confirmation. They figured that out for me very quickly and it was very nice. I was also concerned about shipping but the product was packaged very nicely so I didn't have to worry about that. The people I gifted the mantel clock to liked how it looked and were pleased with it.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Cathy! We are glad to have made the process simple and easy!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The hen coop I bought from Hayneedle was constructed okay but it was made of really cheap wood. I'm worried about it holding up to the weather and other elements. But I bought it, so I gotta deal with it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I love the dining chairs and two lamps that I bought from Hayneedle. My experience had been great. I had a couple of issues with ordering, and everything was taken care of and made right. Hayneedle's customer service was very helpful.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have a purchased a vase based on a picture advertised as a gift for family. When visiting the family, they thanked me for a lovely vase and showed it to me. It looked nothing like the picture of the item I purchased. I was mortified. It was a tiny vase. I couldn’t make a return as it was a gift. Hayneedle was unable to accommodate in any way.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

BEWARE!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS. NO COMPANY BUSINESS POLICY AND PROCEDURES CONCERN! CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NEGLECT important information that cost consumer time and money. Think twice before order from this business!!! Because they are all about getting your money, and giving you ** service. Good luck if you decide to buy here!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was looking for the type of shades I wanted and Hayneedle happened to have it. But, there was a mistake on the measurements of the shade that was on the website. It was described as being over 20 feet long, so I called customer service and got a girl named April. She laughed and said that was obviously not the right dimensions, but she couldn’t find them when I was on the phone so she said she’d call me back. It took a while to reach each other back, though. We had a real phone tag going where she just kept calling back and I kept calling her until we finally connected. She found out what the dimensions were and it was all done very well. I asked her a couple of other questions too. April had a terrific follow through and gave me all the information I asked. It was an excellent experience and I was very impressed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered a $3,000 couch that turned out great! Until I washed the cushions and they completely fell apart! The tag clearly says “Wash before iron” but when I called customer service... they said there was nothing they could do. NOTHING, but help me SHOP FOR NEW ONES! I would have never purchased such an expensive couch from this company if I knew the quality was this low. Completely disappointed - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

First time dealing with these people and they had a question about my card. A card I've used for over ten years and never had an issue. The people on the phone seem helpful. However, I was told the misunderstanding would be cleared up in a day. When I heard nothing back, I called. This time they told me they don't deliver to trailer parks, which was my billing address not shipping. So I have canceled my order and I'm waiting to see how they handle this. VERY disappointed for a first experience!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Ordering from Hayneedle was easy. I like the garden bed I got from them. Its quality is good and the price was reasonable. Also, the size and shape is right for what I needed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I went online and started searching for what I was looking for and I found it on Hayneedle. They have good prices, and my experience ordering a computer desk online was perfect.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing your shopping experience Cynthia.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered the Sauder Palladia Armoire from Hayneedle on August 27th and I didn't get it until September, the week of the 20th. FedEx lost it, so I called back and Hayneedle didn't have it in stock, so it was a month later before I got the armoire. And I had to change the shipping address because I didn't trust FedEx to deliver it to the lady that I bought it for. But it was not Hayneedle's fault and the representatives I talked to about the shipping fiasco were good. They did great and gave me a 10% off on it.

But when my order came, it was still the wrong color. I ordered a light chestnut color and when it came, it was dark mahogany. Initially, I didn't see it. I just got it in my car and took it to the house of the person I bought it for. She is an elderly lady who is a caregiver for my mom who doesn't have a credit card. I bought it for her and she paid me. She also said that when she opened the box, the screws weren't in it. It had some screws, but it was missing some, so she had to go to Lowe's and buy new screws. But it all worked out and I'd still order from Hayneedle again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I needed some new stools for the kitchen. I went online, and I found some counter stools through Hayneedle. The cost was excellent, and I got them within the shipping timeframe. I had a good experience with Hayneedle. I'm completely satisfied.

Hayneedle response

This is excellent, thank you so much for sharing Judy.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs