3.55/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

1095 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

If I could give less than one star I would for all of the frustration this has caused. I ordered my furniture from my online account. Never received any emails about it. Got a call in a couple of weeks it was being delivered. Received furniture and called Hayneedle asking where the points ($42+) they were supposed to give me for this order. Was told I had no orders. Finally after tracking down the order number based on one of the packing lists they claimed my email address was wrong which is why I didn't receive any notices. I explained that I ordered from my account and can't understand how my email could be wrong since all of their marketing material seems to get here but could the order information be transferred to my account. First operator said no but the points could transferred in 24 to 48 hours. After waiting 5 days, still no points. Sent an email, waited 3 days, no reply.

Finally called again and asked yet another operator who said it would take 24 hours and all the information could be transferred. Waited 48, still nothing. Called them today to ask for my email to be removed from my account... They tell me they can't do that. Asked to speak to a supervisor, I wanted to let them know why I was cancelling my account. Sat on hold for a minute or two then the call magically ended without anyone picking up. All I wanted to tell them was If you are going to promise a premium for dealing with your company and don't deliver you are simply going to run yourself out of business. This feels like a major league bait and switch tactic and there are far too many other places to spend my money on the web that are honest in their dealings.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Model 70024/70030 Avenue swivel bar stool. I purchased 4 bar stools from Hayneedle. One barstool had 2 defective P2 legs. The chairs' assembly was straightforward and I completed each chair in about 20-minutes. I used my own hex tool as the one supplied was cumbersome to use. After assembly I sat in each chair. 2 out of 4 chairs have a slight rocker motion, I am going to use felt pads under the chairs to correct this issue. One chair had tight tolerances on the leg assembly and while installing leg (2) they cracked. Hayneedle is sending out new legs at no charge. Overall really nice chairs with comfortable seats and easy swivels.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We purchased a patio table from Hayneedle in March of 2018. I reached out to Hayneedle via email at the end of March 2019 to let them know that the Belham Bayley Hue Cement table was coming apart. The cement top is separating from the interior where the legs attach. I did not hear back from them so followed up with a phone call a few days later. The customer service rep was very kind but said the best they could do was issue a $200 credit to my account - for an $800 cement table that lasted less than a year. I won't be purchasing anything from Hayneedle that I hope will last more than a season.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a dining set in Oct 2018. By the end of the month, one of the chairs broke when I sat on it. I weigh all of 155 lbs. Hayneedle replaced it since I was within the 30 day return window. Recently in April 2019, I had a 200lb-ish guest sit on one of these chairs, and again, it splintered. This time customer service wasn't helpful in the least even when I offered to pay for a replacement chair since I was out of the warranty period. When I asked for a written copy of the warranty so I could submit it to my credit card company (which offers an extended warranty on all purchases made with the card), they couldn't even be bothered to help with that. They've made the whole process very difficult and I will not use them again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The porch swing I purchased from Hayneedle has a high quality and was easy to put together.

Hayneedle response

Great to hear Roxanne! Right in time for spring too! We hope you enjoy the swing. Thanks for sharing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: March 29, 2019

Purchased what I thought was a glider and cushion, ended up being just the cushion. Description is very deceiving. I was charged shipping which is fine but they want to charge me shipping to return? They have free shipping offers, why can't I return at no cost... What's the difference... First and only purchase I will make.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I've been a member of Hayneedle for four weeks and I wasn’t able to find a bathroom vanity this nice anywhere else. I ordered from them and the process was great. I was 100% satisfied when it arrived and I've had the item for three weeks now. I was a happy buyer and I will definitely use it again. Also, I like the rewards that Hayneedle offers where every time you purchase something, you earn the rewards points. That was nice.

Hayneedle response

Wow Kesha! Thanks so much for your kind words! We're glad you are enjoying the vanity and taking advantage of the Rewards Program. So good to hear from you!

Original review: March 25, 2019

TERRIBLE, MINDLESS workers in Accounting. I placed order online then received email next morning that order was canceled due to credit card verification discrepancy with my billing address. My bills go to a P.O Box 1 mile away from my residence - easy enough to verify. I found customer service to re order and had my bank on another phone on speaker where rep heard confirmation of my billing address and the pending Hayneedle charges that were approved. She forwarded information to her accounting department who took a full day to simply turn around and do the same thing again while double charging my credit card and tying up several thousand $$ during this fiasco.

I am a first time customer and will never use or recommend this company! I'm happy to take my business elsewhere and upon finding out Walmart owns this business, it makes a lot of sense that there are poor processes in place where individuals don't have the common sense or ability to not follow a set script. Save yourself a lot of aggravation, there are plenty of quality, reliable providers available with more competitive pricing.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I bought a hutch about a month ago from Hayneedle. It was the only hutch I saw that I liked. The online ordering experience was very simple. The only drama was that the color and design that I wanted was on backorder, so I had to wait a few months. They had a live chat though and the people there were nice and very responsive. Also, the quality of the product that I received is very good and its cost was fair. Overall, it was a hassle-free experience.

Hayneedle response

So great to hear Carolyn. We are grateful for your patience and we're glad to have followed up with you along the way. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was searching for a good price on a bed and I found it on Hayneedle. This was my first time trying Hayneedle and the online ordering experience was really easy. The variety of products is amazing and I liked that it is easy to search what you're looking for. We just typed daybed and then we just searched on the price range and then based on color, we decided on this model. The bed’s quality is excellent. It's for my daughter and she loves it. The free shipping is also a big plus. If somebody was searching for a product, I'd definitely recommend Hayneedle. Go to the website, just type what you're looking for and search there. There are gonna be different models and you might even find other items that you like.

Hayneedle response

We're so glad to hear this Vinkel! We are happy to see you found a perfect product for your daughter. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I called customer service for wood finish peeling off my new patio table. Only had it a few months. Hayneedle does not honor a warranty after 30 days nor will they give refund or even a partial refund. I am now stuck with a crappy item that looks bad and I purchased a whole patio set & loungers & nesting tables which all match. They sell inferior cheaply made products to consumers & do not stand by the product afterwards! Don't buy anything from Hayneedle! You'll be sorry & regret it afterwards. I'm very dissatisfied. They lost my business permanently. I can spend my money in a store where they actually will stand by their products! I am retired & cannot easily replace this item. Disgusted in Las Vegas. They should not be in business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a Acme Bristol bunk bed May 2018 from Hayneedle. In the process of a move, we misplaced some screws. I contacted Bristol to see about obtaining more screws. They said their contract is with Hayneedle so they cannot send anything to me (I advised I was willing to purchase them). SO I contacted Hayneedle and they said because my warranty was up. They could not assist with parts. I advised I was willing to purchase. They said the request is outside of their 60 day warranty window so they are not able to request them. So now I have a pretty expensive piece of furniture that I cannot put back together because the company that makes it or the company that sells it cannot send me a few screws! I am very disappointed.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Ordered three slipcovers, totaling $233... was charged $233 from my checking account, AND additional $149! When I called Hayneedle, I spoke with an English-challenged person, who I could not understand. I asked for a supervisor, and got someone who flat-out lied to me, stating that my bank charged me an additional $149, and to take it up with them. I have had this bank since 1998, and I know they would never take any unauthorized money out of my account, which I confirmed with them. I will eventually get my money back, but as a senior on a fixed income, to have this money tied up for probably almost a week, it is an inconvenience. Totally idiotic personnel working at Hayneedle, who couldn't give an honest answer if their lives depended on it. Unprofessional and shady. Never shop there!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Hayneedle has got good products and prices and their website is straightforward. They had everything sorted well so I found what I needed when I went to filter stuff. A lot of online shopping websites don’t have their filters set up properly. I just got a bed from them and it came very quickly. I've had it for three weeks now. It looked like a quality product and for its price, it was a very good value. It's very well-made for a cheap bed.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for sharing Paul.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I just bought a rabbit and I wanted him to have more room. I went online and started looking for rabbit hutches when Hayneedle popped up. I purchased a two-layer rabbit hutch and the online ordering experience was good. The cost was good, too. The hutch has pull-out trays which I like, but it doesn’t hold his urine in. Other than that, Hayneedle got pretty products.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience Ruth.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I just got an armoire from Hayneedle and I love it. I was looking for something for my jewelry because I have a lot of jewelry and I saw it. It came already put together and I love that. Plus, the delivery was fast. In fact, two other friends had already ordered similar armoires. Before the armoire, I wanted a change for the season and I wanted to change my comforter set so I purchased one from Hayneedle. I also got a blanket and then a floating bookshelf but that came in damaged. Still, for the price, the quality of the products that I received so far is good. The Hayneedle website is easy to navigate, products are easy to find, and they have really great prices. I also like all of the descriptions on the product and the customer reviews. The cost was exactly what I expected to pay and they have a wide range of prices per item. Overall, my experience with Hayneedle was absolutely amazing.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Ordered a couple of pieces from them recently. One was damaged significantly at which I realized about halfway through the assembly process. Tried reaching out via the online chat option and they just leave the conversation literally before you can even respond. So after trying that route and dealing with 4-5 different reps, I was told that I needed to call the company (Sauder) directly. Called them and they are closed until Monday. Called Hayneedle and the lady had a TV or something blasting in the background making it impossible to understand anything she said. Instead of turning her TV down, she says that she can’t understand me because I was mumbling. After answering a bunch of nonsense questions, she said the same... Call Sauder. If you’re ok with spending literally half a day or more messing with all the frustration and waiting no telling how long for the replacement parts... by all means order away. Not worth the trouble to me...

Original review: March 15, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!!! On 2-28-19, we ordered a Little Cottage Colonial Gable Run Chicken Coop through Hayneedle from Walmart. The price on Walmart's website was $289. A confirmation email for our said it would be arriving between 3-8-19 & 3-13-19. Unfortunately, on 3-10-19, we received an email from Walmart informing us Hayneedle still had not shipped the item and cannot share an expected delivery date. As a result, our chicken coop order was cancelled. This was a major inconvenience as we have chickens who are in close quarters, growing quickly, and needing additional space. We decided to try again 3-11-19 on Walmart.com and placed another order for the same coop as the price was $1,924.99 on Hayneedle's website for the EXACT coop! We immediately received a confirmation email for our order stating our coop would be arriving between 3-19-19 & 3-22-19.

However, yet AGAIN we received a cancellation email from Walmart on 3-15-19. It let us know our order had been cancelled due to a "system error that kept them from processing orders". On 3-15-19, we called Hayneedle to find out why our orders had been cancelled. We spoke to Laura who was extremely helpful. We emailed her screenshots on Walmart's website of the chicken coop, price, and description. When she saw the huge difference in price between Walmart and Hayneedle, she had to confer with her "lead line" Melissa. We were told due to the huge discrepancy, there was nothing that could be done because Hayneedle has a disclaimer on their website for situations that happen like this.

We then asked to speak to Melissa's supervisor, Morgan. She offered a 15% discount, but said that's all she could do. Keep in mind, we were expecting our coop to be the same price of $289 that we had ordered not once but TWICE from Walmart's website. Our new price according to Morgan would now be $1,636.24. We asked her to speak to the president of the company and were told, "He doesn't speak to customers." We then told her we needed to speak to her supervisor. She came back on the phone and said her supervisor (Brian) could offer us a 25% discount and Morgan offered to proceed with getting the order out at the $1,443.74. Hardly a discount when the chicken coop was listed for $289! This would have been a difference of a mortgage payment at $1,154.74!

We then asked to speak directly to Brian who ultimately informed us after offering reward points to go along with the $1,154.74, "At this point, this is all we can do." Before this, we asked to speak to his supervisor or whoever wrote his checks. He denied us going to anyone else any further than him. We'll never order from Hayneedle again and advise everyone else not to either!!! False advertising and unethical business practices ("From a business standpoint, we just can't give it to you at that price"-Brian)... You mean the price we agreed to pay that it was listed for? BUYER BEWARE! EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER RESOLVE!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered a Keter Tall Storage Cabinet from Hayneedle on March 1st. The website showed the order in stock and I received an email with the order number and an arrival delivery date of arrives by 03-13-2019. March 13th came and went and on March 14th, I contacted Hayneedle via their chat window. The agent checked and said the order had not even shipped from the supplier. I asked for the order to be cancelled and I was told a cancellation would be submitted to the supplier and I would have to wait for the supplier to "approve" the cancellation but it would take 72 hours to do this.

Also, my payment would be held for up to 4 days. I feel lied to by Hayneedle and given the runaround on how they are handling my order. If they can't deliver an item, they collected the money so they should refund the money. The cancellation should be a no-brainer guarantee rather than we will ask for a cancellation and see what happens. I will NEVER shop this vendor again and I urge anyone else to look for items from a different seller.

Hayneedle response

Thank you again for talking to us and thank you for your input. We sincerely apologize for this situation. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered the Emerald Home Siesta California King Sleeper Sofa, as well as two chairs on February 22nd. I chose to go with Hayneedle as their website indicated that the sleeper sofa would arrive prior to my guest's arrival on March 20th. I received an email on February 28th that said I would be able to schedule my delivery on March 2nd. I attempted to do so online, and it did not appear that I could. I then waited 2 more days and was still unable to schedule delivery. I then used the chat support to attempt to schedule my delivery. They told me I had to contact the carrier and cut the conversation before I could say anything else. When speaking with the carrier they claimed that no one has asked them to pick up from the vendor.

Irritated, I contacted Hayneedle via phone, was given a discount, and was assured it would be picked up soon. I continued to check my tracking information and nothing has changed. My couch is still sitting at the vendor and has been for nearly two weeks now. After several unhelpful email responses, I called again yesterday and asked for a manager, but was given a lead. The lead said they would email the vendor and get back to me. Today again nothing has changed. The Lead said that they would escalate to their corporate transportation team in effort to get the couch on a truck today. I asked for shipping to be upgraded and was told they couldn't and that it wouldn't make a difference. I am still waiting for a solution, however at this rate I will likely not see my couch until 2020. Even if they got the couch on the truck today, it is HIGHLY unlikely it will arrive within a week.

Hayneedle has been unhelpful and incredibly frustrating to deal with. Take your money elsewhere, as you will not receive the service you deserve. The amount saved on this purchase is not worth the time I've put in attempting to get it shipped, nor is it worth the frustration of not receiving appropriate assistance the first time you reach out. I would not wish this experience on anyone. Take your business ANYWHERE but here.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered the Amelia dining set. I noticed the back of one of the chairs was broken after I had already put the rest of the set together. I chatted with 2 different support people and both informed me that I would either have to disassemble my set and return it for an exchange or order a new set out of pocket and swap the broken chair and return the set for a refund. I don't feel that I should have to spend another $500 or go a week without a table to have a chair replaced. I love the set and just want my 4th chair.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 11, 2019

Updated on 03/22/2019: Hayneedle directed me to get in touch with Walmart to get a refund for broken product. It has been a ping pong match between both companies and I am giving up. The matter has not been resolved. Neither company provided anything on writing and my bank wants written comments for the dispute. I even got an authorization code from Walmart to tell my bank; still did not help. After a month, for $68.15 I will not use these companies again; stay away...

Original review: I bought "Canada Over the Door Mirror" and paid $68.15 The mirror was broken and I got in touch with the company. They told me that I will get my money back. That was 2/27/2019. I did not get the money back so I called back after a week. Now they tell me that this item was sold through Walmart and I need to get in touch with them. I talked to Walmart and they said that they can see in their database that I should have in my account $57.33 and I should call my bank and talk to the settlement department. The amount is not correct and at the moment it is not showing in my account any money back from this purchase. I will be glad if I get at least $57.33 instead of $68.15 and be done with this issue. I will not recommend to do business with this company.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Customer service was great. Spoke to two different people and both were friendly and very helpful. Package came exactly on time as they said it would actually quicker than I thought. I received alerts every step of the way but the reason I gave it a 4 is because I feel like I spent way too much time with the assemble of these chairs (4 spice chairs color exactly as shown on website). It would have been nice if they'd came already assembled. And even though I'm not handy. I wanted these beautiful chairs. Haha I know how to read and follow directions. Love my chairs. Had to find an old screw because I was a screw short but I made do.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much for sharing Paulette! We're glad the ordering and receiving part was seamless. Thank you for the efforts in putting the chairs together. We hope to have upgrades in the future to provide our customers with an assembly service. Thank you for your input!

Original review: March 7, 2019

It has been about two years since I first ordered from Hayneedle. The products I've ordered have all been pretty good. My most recent purchase was a hall tree. I looked for it on Hayneedle and it was easy to find what I was looking for. There have been some issues though. The last thing I ordered was a good product but it had a very strong smell that was very bothersome. It was wood and the finish they put on it was very strong.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Shirley.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased lounge chairs and a file cabinet from Hayneedle. The product and the price were right. I did return the lounge chairs though because they weren't right for my house. But they were both good quality. I did have to pay for the return but it wasn't that much money, so it was okay. My whole experience was really nice.

Hayneedle response

So great to hear from you Mary. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased two end tables from Hayneedle and just got them. I'm very satisfied with the products and they seemed to be fine. The only complaint I have is that their color is a little darker than what it's pictured on the internet. The picture online represented a lighter, oak color but they turned out to be more of a darker, cherry color. But other than that, I'm happy with the end tables. The online ordering experience with Hayneedle was good and they were easy to work with. It all went fine, and for their cost, the products are of good quality.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much for writing to Allen! Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: March 5, 2019

The Hayneedle website was good and easy to use. My first purchase from them was this black painting two weeks ago. It's an Ashley signature piece that cost me $60 less than it would cost from Ashley. The quality is great and I’m greatly enjoying it.

Hayneedle response

This is great to hear, thank you so much for your kind words Matthew.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We got two table lamps from Hayneedle and we were very happy with the quality of their products. The purchasing experience was very easy and the items got here sooner than we expected them. All went well and we were happy with it.

Hayneedle response

Thanks Nancy! We're glad everything went smoothly!

Original review: March 4, 2019

The Monkeypod pedestal from Hayneedle is beautiful. My husband and I had been looking for a very specific pedestal for two years now and they were the only place that carried what we wanted. It was fairly easy to order from them. Also, the quality of the product is excellent and I'm very satisfied with it. I would definitely recommend Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

That's a beautiful pedestal Cathy! We're glad you love it. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Hayneedle had what we wanted so we ordered a bunch of stuff from them and the purchasing process was easy. Everything seemed reasonable and the shipping was good.

Hayneedle response

Wonderful Gregory! Glad you let us be provider you needed!

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs