toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Laura,

We are so glad that your office furniture from Hayneedle arrived in good condition and that it came quickly and was well within your price range. We're also pretty happy that your husband was able to assist in putting together the furniture. Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us!

Corporate Escalations Liaison

Original review: May 3, 2017

Recently, I bought some office furniture from Hayneedle and they're of good quality. They looked good and were in my price range. I got the items within a week and it was fast. There were a lot of parts but the instructions for their build were fair. My husband is really good at this stuff. Had he not been as good, he might have been a little more frustrated, but we figured it out and we got a couple of things that were the same type. Once we got one done, the second was easier. Overall, I'll use and order from Hayneedle again. I would recommend them too.

Resolution response: May 25, 2017

UPDATE: Hayneedle got back to me and fully refunded my cost for the returned couch. Gotta say I was not expecting that and am quite pleased now. The experience still leaves me gun shy for future purchases, but it at least opens the door a bit. Thanks to the folks at their customer service department.

Hi Mimi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience with our company. Your feedback is valuable as it allows us an opportunity to assess our processes and to make the changes necessary to provide our customers with the best experience possible.

As you illustrated in your review, communication is key. Even though there were problems with the delivery, we get that this would not be as difficult had you been informed and you should have been. We are happy to see that we were able to reach out to you and get things resolved. We'd love to show you how we can do better and to regain your trust. Thank you so much for your updated response.

Hayneedle.com

Original review: May 16, 2017

I ordered an outdoor patio set plus an extra side chair for delivery to my home. A few days later, I submitted my request online to change the delivery date and location to my new home. The new location is roughly 7 miles from original one. I was never told that this would not be possible. Apparently, this is because they needed to return the items and then reship as "it would affect recertification," (whatever that is) and that they would charge an extra $140 over the $800+ for the items.

Then they simply returned the items to their location WITHOUT INFORMING ME. When the delivery date came and went, I emailed asking when to expect shipment and that is when they credited me for LESS than what I paid (they forgot the sales tax) and they deducted $140 from the credit on top of that. No customer support whatsoever and I can guarantee you that I will never ever order something from this outfit. Can you believe all that they do without any communication? Amazing they are still in business. Give me Amazon or Costco any day of the week!

Patio furniture arrived unassembled. No assembly instructions and no hardware. Customer service person could care less. I have to call back Monday. Can't they just order it and send it? The woman on the phone suggested that I google for instructions. How would that help without hardware?

Resolution response: May 25, 2017

I wanted to update my original review to share what I have since learned about Hayneedle. My original concern was about the seemingly lack of concern by the company to address issues with shipping and return policies. Every company can make mistakes and have staff who need training about their policies. A good company will address issues that come up to prevent them from reoccurring. My original review was about my concern that Hayneedle was not addressing these issues, thus others could suffer a similar fate as I did. I have since learned that Hayneedle does strive to correct problems areas that arise and will do their best to ensure customers will have a great experience. I now have complete confidence in ordering from them again. While no one can give a 100% guarantee that mistakes won't happen, I believe that with Hayneedle, you will find staff who will courteously and professionally try to resolve a problem and that is the type of company I want to do business with.

Original review: May 6, 2017

If you want to risk not getting the item you order and are willing to deal with the hassle of returning the product to a company with really nice customer service people, then Hayneedle is ok. I ordered a specific beach umbrella (wooden pole so it wouldn't rust) and receive the wrong umbrella (one with a metal pole). I was on vacation so I had no time to reorder and had to return it. The polite customer service staff gave me different instructions on how the return would take place. I had to incur additional, unnecessary expenses as a result of some incorrect instructions.

After the matter was resolved, I contacted Hayneedle directly to try to help them be able to address the problems so it might not happen to other customers. The response I received was a generic "Sorry for your trouble" with no indication they would try to do better. I even wrote a second time asking if they planned on trying to improve. No response. Because of that, and because of other reviews I read about people having the same problems, I thought I needed to come here to warn others about this company. They are nice, but seem to be in need of better training or better methods of shipping to ensure the correct product is sent. Beware.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience shopping with us! Happy to hear that our price was right and that the delivery and service was prompt and favorable. We hope that we will have another opportunity to wow you in the future!

Hayneedle.com

Original review: May 1, 2017

I've ordered a couple of times from Hayneedle as I saw items I liked. All have been patio furniture. Everything came within a couple of days. Overall, they were very prompt, had good price, and it worked out real good for me. I was satisfied.

Hello Alexander,

Thank you so much for your honest and thorough review. We are happy that the ordering process was smooth and that you were able to find a table that was not only affordable but of the quality you desired. Thanks again for sharing your great experience with us.

Corporate Escalations Liaison

Original review: April 27, 2017

I did a Google search and Hayneedle showed up and they had the table that I was looking for. I liked the way it looked. Everything was streamlined during the ordering process. I had a good experience on the phone. I was able to purchase a good-quality table plus the cost was right on point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Lori,

Thank you so much for taking the chance with us and for giving me the honor of assisting you with your order. So happy that things were resolved and that in working through the errors we were able to become a company you can trust. It was a pleasure working with you to find a happy ending to this story. Enjoy your table. Celebrate!

All my best,

Kari. A.

Original review: April 26, 2017

There were two shades of wood for a patio table, "dark brown" and "brown." Twice I ordered a "dark brown" patio table to match "dark brown" chairs that I also ordered from the company. Twice I was sent an item that was labeled as "brown" and was the incorrect finish. Please Hayneedle, send me the correct table to go with my chairs!!! I have spent a month trying to solve the quagmire. Customer service reps from Hayneedle were very nice, but should have sent this issue to management to solve with the manufacturers which is who they kept blaming the issue on. Also a customer service rep I spoke to on Saturday said she would at least email me back by Wed. after speaking to manufacturers... never did.

Hello Tanya,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We greatly appreciate it. We've had some wonderful summer weather here in Omaha recently -- the perfect weather for a relaxing time with a book in a hammock. Here's to many more enjoyable days enjoying your hammock!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I had a good deal buying my hammock from Hayneedle. Both the price and the initial quality are good. It's been two months since I bought it and if in two more months it disintegrates on me, that's going to change. But I'm enjoying the hammock now and I'd recommend Hayneedle.

Hello June,

We would love the link to these lamps, too!! So glad that you were able to find the perfect lamps and were pleased with the delivery and the whole ordering process. It's really great to hear about these wonderful experiences so we thank you, sincerely, for sharing with us.

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 25, 2017

My lamps from Hayneedle are absolutely perfect. I'm a senior on a low income and knew exactly what I wanted. I must have looked at a lot of lamps online and this is one of the first ones I saw that I liked. They came fast and they were as advertised. I'm really hard to please and I have a very distinct style of decorating. But they are very inexpensive lamps and I've told everyone how much I love them. I even sent the link to my sister-in-law in Virginia California because her daughter had been looking for some.

Nancy,

We so appreciate your feedback in regards to your orders. While we never like to hear that items arrive with damage, we believe, as you do, that customer service can often repair the disappointment caused when items are delivered in less than perfect condition. We will make sure we pass on your lovely compliments to our associates and hope that the parts are delivered to you for your item. Please do keep in touch with us so that we make sure we reach a favorable resolution.

Again, our deepest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience with us and others.

Hayneedle Corporate Escalations Liaison

Original review: April 23, 2017

I ordered 2 items on Hayneedle.com; there was minor damage on one item and a problem with the other. Hayneedle does not make the items, so the big question is customer service. I could not rave more about the quick, courteous, and generous treatment I received from this company. They are trying to get a part for me from the manufacturer of one, and I was very pleased with the resolution offers for the other slightly damaged item. I will definitely use this company again.

Dear Steve,

Thank you once again for the opportunity to assist you in regards to your defective Gazebo. While our resolution was not exactly what you were looking for, we hope that it was one that was satisfactory.

Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any additional questions regarding this order as we are eager to assist further in any way that we can.

Original review: April 23, 2017

I purchased a Metal Gazebo and the product arrived in a broken opened box and metal parts are broken. In addition after spending 10 hours putting the Gazebo up we now found out it leaks in 7 spots when it rains. I called Wayfair and asked them to come take it down as it takes 10 hours and put up another new one which will take another 10 hours and one that does not leak. They said no and offered me $60. Really. They can keep their lousy $60! Buyers BEWARE. This company is really bad and Amazon has never treated me this way!

Alyssa,

First and most importantly: Congratulations on the newest addition to your family! How exciting!

We are happy that you received your item and that it was at the right price. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our communication with you and your satisfying shopping experience. We look forward to helping you find another perfect item in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of us.

Sincerely,

Original review: April 23, 2017

We bought a stroller for our little baby that we're expecting next week. I Googled that stroller and Hayneedle was the only one that had it for $100 off as what everybody else is asking. Ordering online from them was good. I appreciate that they kept me informed as soon as I got the email confirmation, as soon as they sent the stroller out, and as soon as my card was processed. The stroller is perfect. My sister borrowed it and took it on a cruise and it was extremely helpful. I would use Hayneedle again for sure if I need anything else.

Hello Cheryl,

We are so happy that you were able to to find the perfect cage for your guinea pig! It is great to hear that the ordering process was effortless and that the service you received was prompt and to your satisfaction! Thank you so much for sharing with us and we look forward to assisting you in the search for your next perfect item!

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 22, 2017

We love the guinea pig cage that we bought from Hayneedle. It's everything they had said it was on the description and the online ordering experience was smooth and great. The service was prompt and I would order from them again.

I ordered a coffee table in December from Hayneedle through Google. After waiting for about 10 days, I received an email saying thanking me for my return. I was shocked since I never received the table. I called and they said it was probably damaged in transit and automatically returned. I was told I will receive a full credit. Purchase price $251.00. Credit $231. 00. Tried to explain that they owe me $20. They say I should contact Google to get that back. I never heard of such a thing. Never had the table and lost $20.00???

Resolution In Progress

You should REALLY redesign your CHECK-OUT Process. When I placed this order (4-11-2017 - $1200+), your check-out process stated that I would get a $35 reward for this purchase. It ALSO STATED that the reward would NOT post until it shipped. I received the item YESTERDAY (4-14-2017) and the Customer Service, Bethany (nice CS person), I just spoke with a few moments ago SAID. Because I paid with Paypal, and they charge 3%, and I did not pay direct to you with a credit or debit card that I don't get it.

PayPal should have nothing to do with it!! YOU, the business pay close, if not more than 3% by doing a NON-Swipe credit card purchase online. I KNOW, as I am in business both in office and online, and EVERYONE Pays more for non-swipe purchases when the customer is not there to present the CC. NOTHING was stated in your checkout process about PayPal does not get the rewards in the check-out process or in the follow-up info I got via email.

It was your company who offered the rewards and not myself asking for it. So then you offer a reward for this purchase, but take away, most likely due to "fine print" deep within the website elsewhere. Thus why it should be posted clearly at checkout to give your buyers an option as to if they wanted to forfeit the reward or not. I operate on "principles of the matter" and as a consumer who buys now 80% of my personal and business needs online, it is not a good way to keep a potential repeat buyer. I am not trying to tell you how to run your business, but merely trying to inform you from a consumer standpoint that it makes me think twice about another purchase here.

We ordered what was supposed to be a skywalker 14×8 rectangular trampoline with enclosure for $247.52. We even called to Hayneedle customer service to verify the price and what all was included. We receive box one of two of the trampoline. So basically half of a trampoline. When we called Hayneedle to see where the second box was, we were told that there was actually a glitch in their system, and if we wanted the second box (which included the other half of the parts of our trampoline) we would have to pay an additional $195.00 to get it. For this price we could have ordered it from any other retailer. I mean seriously, who would order half of a trampoline?? Lesson learned Hayneedle if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is... and this company is nothing but a scam!!!

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for providing such an honest and thoughtful review of the Bermuda hall tree. What a great idea for your husbands shoes and we're glad that although shorter than you imagined it to be, the size and style fits your expectations. Thanks again for shopping with us!

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 13, 2017

We have a little alcove in our hallway entryway off the garage. And I was looking for something to fill in there that my husband can put his shoes in so I ordered the Bermuda hall tree with storage bench about six weeks ago. I had no problem at all. It was delivered quickly with free shipping. It's quite a bit shorter than I expected it to be. I've had the dimensions in there. I didn't pay much attention to it, other than the width and the depth of it. In the picture, it looks pretty tall but it isn't any taller than I am. But I like the style and the price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was difficult for me to find a floating shelf and it took me an hour until I finally found them in Hayneedle. It had that dark color and it was a great price. That was what I needed. I didn’t install them very well so it took me a couple of times. But I love the product, they look great. They are holding up well. But I wish the mount system was a little bit better. The anchors that came with the screws were not good. You put a screw in it and it totally falls apart so Hayneedle might want to have those built somewhere else. I couldn’t use the anchors, which is why I am having a weight problem now. Other than that, it's a really quality product. They just need to work on those anchors.

I found the ordering process very frustrating. I placed an order for my business (cabin rentals). I ordered 4 headboards and six bedding sets. The first time I ordered, I received an email stating that there was a problem with my order and it was cancelled. When I verified, with my credit card company that there was not a problem with my credit card, I called in to place the order. The man that I spoke with entered the order again for me (this took about 30 minutes). Again, a couple of days later, I get an email stating that the order was cancelled. I called again, and this time, I spoke with a lady and I was told that Hayneedle does not deliver to trailer parks. I tried explaining that I did not live in a trailer park and that the delivery was going to my office.

I gave Hayneedle one more try and placed another order. I did not receive a cancellation email, so I decided to check the order with Hayneedle and discovered, once again the order was cancelled. I am a business owner who rents cabins, and two weeks worth of hassles dealing with this company has cost me money and time. To this day, no one can tell me why the order kept getting cancelled.

Hello Rebecca,

What a frustrating experience this must have been for you. The time that you took to place an order and the time trying to resolve this is definitely not the kind of experience we want our customers to have.

We will be looking into what has occurred and will also follow up with an email to you. We will also be tracking the refund process to ensure quick resolution.

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest review with us. We do appreciate it.

Original review: April 7, 2017

This is my 2nd time on the phone with them, attempting to order ONE thing. Between the two calls I have spent nearly approximately an hour on the phone, but I am still on hold. The first time I attempted to order with a MasterCard generic gift card. They then informed me I could not order with that, that I had to buy a Hayneedle gift certificate. I purchased the Hayneedle gift certificate. I tried to place the order online, it did not accept the certificate number. I called, the rep said she never dealt with gift certificates. Then, she returns and tells me, "Okay, it's all set you just have to put in your credit card number." Why would I have to put in a credit card number IF I AM PAYING WITH A PAID GIFT CERTIFICATE? 35 min later, they now claim to be refunding my money. I will update in a few days as I await the refund to post.

Hello Scott,

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience shopping with us. Getting what you were looking for in a timely manner is just the kind of service we want our customers to have! Enjoy your lanterns.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I just Googled antique and a lot of choices and pictures came up. I ordered a couple of lanterns from Hayneedle last month since they have the style and the lanterns that I was looking for. The lanterns are great and really nice. It's a solar dusk and dawn type and they're working well. Everything worked fine with Hayneedle. There were no slip-ups. I got what I wanted and what I needed in a timely fashion.

Rachel,

Thank you so much for all you have written in regards to your experience shopping with us. We completely understand how disappointing and sometimes heartbreaking receiving broken items can be. What you have written has truly made an impact on our representatives. To hear about your experience and to know that despite the shipping mishaps your confidence with our company hasn't been compromised, assures us that we are on the right path on how we treat our customers. We are sure that your next shopping experience will have a much happier conclusion! Thanks again for taking the time to honestly and fairly share your experience.

All our best,

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 6, 2017

I needed a tri-fold room divider for an area in my house to divide two rooms and I bought one from Hayneedle. It was easy ordering it online. The process was so simple and they delivered as promised. However, I got the product in a crushed box and the room divider's front and back were broken. I returned it and that all went fast. I found one locally but if the one from Hayneedle wasn't broken, I would have thought it was very good quality and I would've kept it. Also, I didn't feel like they were a shady site. I felt like I was going to get a good product and the prices were good. What happened to my order was a shipping issue and that wasn't Hayneedle's fault.

Hayneedle

What a wonderful review of your experience with Hayneedle, Neal. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it. We understand that unfortunate things can occur when shopping on line but it is what we do when these situations happen that set us apart from our competition. We hope to continue giving you great customer service in the future and giving you reasons to keep coming back. Thanks again.

Original review: April 5, 2017

The first item I ordered from Hayneedle through Walmart was smashed to smithereens in shipping. But I contacted their customer service by email and within three days I had a new one. Their response was outstanding.

Hello Gary,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words! What a great story and good example of finding the perfect gift for the special person in your life.We are sure your thoughtfulness (not to mention your taking note of even the "small" things like lights!) didn't go unnoticed. And since you'll be together for a long time to come, we hope you visit us again when you're needing to purchase the next present ... just because.

Thanks for taking the time to review the vanity as well as many of our customers look for reviews on assembly and quality.

Our sincerest gratitude,

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 4, 2017

It was my wife's birthday and I didn't buy her anything of note in the first two and a half years of us being married. So, I decided to spend some money and buy her something she can appreciate. She didn't like the first two things I got and it dawned on me every day that she's standing in front of the bathroom mirror putting her makeup on so I bought a vanity.

I went with a mirror with white wood grain top from Hayneedle because of the price, the quality, and the way it looked. I got it through Amazon.com and the website was easy. I had to figure out which one to get but I knew what size I wanted and what space it would fit in. I had to rearrange the bedroom and move a dresser where that was sitting over and put the other dresser at the base of the bed. When it arrived, it took me two plus hours to put it together. But it came undamaged and it was relatively easy. Also, it's high quality. I liked it but it didn't come with lights. I went ahead and bought a standup light from Lowe's so she's got enough light to see. But I'm very satisfied with it and I already contemplated ordering a dresser from Hayneedle.

Hi Tziry,

We are overjoyed to hear that you are so pleased with your coat rack! It's completely understandable to be concerned with how the item will look once you see it in person, and we couldn't be happier that it was all that you shopped for. It means a lot to us that you took the time to share your experience and we hope that you come back and shop with us again in the future.

All our best,

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 3, 2017

It was a very pleasurable and smooth experience with Hayneedle. We needed a coat rack so we googled it. Hayneedle was listed somewhere up on top and we liked what we saw. We went through their website, checked all the other products and this rack looked like it's going to match the room. We ordered it and assembled it right away. The product looks beautiful, sturdy, nice and just like the way it was described.

Hello Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are overjoyed that you were able to find just the perfect bench that not only fit your budget but also your home! We are always striving to make ordering easy so we will pass on this feedback to our team so they know they are on the right track!

Hayneedle.com

Original review: April 1, 2017

I've been thinking of getting a park bench so when I got a flyer, I went on Hayneedle's website and looked at the metal park bench. I liked the way it looked and the price was also fair enough. I ordered it and the online ordering process was very easy and I had no problem with it at all. Overall experience was excellent.

Hello Radie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you received the screen stands you were looking for but regret the delay in your receiving your items. When mix ups happen we definitely want to take ownership of the situation and do everything we can to provide a resolution.

We are confident that your next shopping experiences with us will be even more satisfactory.

Thanks again for your honest review.

Hayneedle.com

Original review: March 30, 2017

I usually shop through Amazon but I couldn't find what I was looking for, and Hayneedle had it. I ordered screen stands from them. Their online ordering process was easy. However, the product didn't arrive 'till very, very late. I received an email or a text that it had arrived prior to its actual arrival. I had to have it researched and then finally, it arrived. They did an investigation and apparently the ball dropped with FedEx. Overall, Hayneedle is a good company.

I received the Nexera Liber-T Modular Design Your Own Storage and Entertainment System - 3 Drawer Filing Cabinet - White and Espresso and Nexera Liber-T Desk Part - White from Hayneedle. The parts were damaged and some parts were missing. I called Hayneedle and they contacted the manufacturer to send me new parts for the piece that was damaged and the missing piece. They shipped me wrong pieces. The missing piece was never send. It has been over a month. I called Hayneedle at least twice a week to follow up. It has been 40 days since I placed the order and I still don't have the issue resolved. Finally, today I received a message via e-mail from one of the supervisors from Hayneedle that they don't have parts available and I have an option to ship the desk back or they will issue me credit for the parts that are damaged/missing.

For over 30 days they promised to send me the parts and now they don't manufacture the parts?!? I wanted to ship everything back as that was the option but I haven't kept the boxes. Who keeps the boxes after +30 days and when they promise to send you the parts. I asked Hayneedle to provide the boxes and they don't provided boxes. At the end we agreed for them to send me a new filing cabinet and I can take the missing material from the filing cabinet. For the damaged top desk they gave me $30. I was just so sick of spending every other day with them on the phone that I agreed. But $30?!? I would never ever advise anyone to buy from them. Please do not buy NEXERA products. Horrible, horrible quality. Please do not use Hayneedle... There are so many better online furniture stores. This was my first and last purchase!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My nephew loves his bed from Hayneedle. I watched him sleep in it and he looked like a king. We got him the comforter and pillows so he’s really happy with them. Also, the ordering process was very quick. However, we weren't able to assemble one of the drawers as we don’t have the screws for it and I’ve been meaning to call. When we tried to go and buy some from Home Depot, they weren’t the right size.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Hayneedle does work with the customer. Here's the solution they offered... go to Home Depot and buy the missing pieces that they did not include with the Exercise bike purchased. If you don't like that option, buy another one after returning what you bought. This makes absolutely no sense that they forget to include parts and then are not willing to send the missing parts. Why would a consumer buy another product when the underlying issue of missing parts still pertains?

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your very disappointing delivery of the Rabbit Hutch. Of course returning an item without a box would be a terrible inconvenience - especially when the item you received was damaged as well. This is not the kind of shopping experience we want for our customers and are very sorry that this is how your item was delivered to you.

As discussed in a previous response, We have gone ahead and refunded you for this item and you should receive the credit back to your original method of payment in 7-10 business days. When following up on your order, we also noticed that in error we had not refunded you for the shipping of $4.99 so we have gone ahead and processed that as a refund as well. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this order.

Corporate Escalations Team

Original review: March 24, 2017

Ordered this product (Trixie Pet Products 2-Story Rabbit Hutch - Brown/White) and it was delivered fast. However it was dumped in my driveway in the freezing rain and the box fell apart as soon as I picked it up. Item was damaged and when I called customer service they told me it was my responsibility to purchase another box to ship it back in or I could not get a refund. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I PAID $186.96 FOR DAMAGED ITEMS DUE TO POOR DELIVERY SERVICE! STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

Hayneedle Company Profile