3.43/5
Based on 367 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

662 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

I ordered a dresser and two night stands from Hayneedle on March 30, 2018. It shipped on April 2nd and I have yet to see it. April 21 now I live in a somewhat rural area and have had a very hard time getting the shipping company to deliver. They are waiting for more items to be delivered to my area. I am only an hour from an major city. Could it be 6 months until they get more items on the truck. My issue is a lack of communication from the shipping company. Tell me that they will call to schedule and never call. Yesterday got an email from Hayneedle that the shipping company would call to schedule yet again and never heard from them. I will not ever purchase furniture online with Hayneedle. Reading other reviews by the time I get it, it will probably be damaged. I am cancelling my order.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 20, 2018

I had never shopped with Hayneedle before and was a little leery of trying a new place. Especially since I was making a large purchase (a trampoline for my grandkids). To my surprise, this process was very simple and satisfying. The prices were reasonable, the product was well made and the service was exemplary! I called the Customer Service line and was assisted by a lovely associate who patiently answered all my questions and concerns. My products came very quickly and I was apprised of the status of my order from beginning until end. The only reason I did not give them a full five stars is because I received the wrong color trampoline. But that was not a deal breaker for me and I am sure that I could return it and get the correct color but I did not have the time to do that. All in all, this was a very pleasant experience and I look forward to doing more business with them in the future.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We needed a new coffeemaker and bought it through Hayneedle because it was easy. I had an awesome experience. The quality of the coffeemaker also turned out great.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for providing us with your wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear the coffeemaker is doing its job and that the experience you had shopping with us was exactly what we want for all of our customers!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Ordered a chicken coop in March. You cancelled the order because product wasn’t in stock. Almost a month later still waiting for my $400.00 refund. Spoke to three people over past two weeks to get refund and still getting runaround. Hayneedle reforest told me my refund would be processed and I would receive refund. Second call to Hayneedle agent was no help and when transferred to Walmart.com agent again got the runaround and was told to contact my bank. Nearly a month to get a refund?

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought wind chimes from Hayneedle as a birthday gift for my mother. When it comes to technology, I'm very challenged but it was easy and simple ordering from them. The wind chimes arrived on time and in good condition. And it looks nice and she loves it. I'd recommend Hayneedle to anybody. We loved it.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Amy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a good quality easel from Hayneedle. It was the nicest one I could find online. Hayneedle's site was fine, but it didn't say that the easel came with the side pockets for the pencils and paintbrushes. And then underneath, there's a box which is red, which wasn't mentioned either. It was fine, but it just didn't match the easel. So, we purchased the same, but just a different color.

Hayneedle response

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing Zia.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I'm hesitant to give a numerical rating, since I was ultimately not able to complete my purchase - but I was dissatisfied with my shopping experience. I received a 20% off coupon in the mail and was going to use it to shop for a rug. I put a rug in my cart that was approximately $650, but when it came time to check out I could not locate the coupon, so I decided to keep searching for it. A couple days later when I went back to my cart, the price had gone up over $200 and is now $861!!! The original rug was not on sale or anything unusual. This sudden, extreme and arbitrary price increase makes me wonder about all of their prices and how they set them. Needless to say, I deleted my order!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was moving to a new house and I wanted a piece of furniture, so my dog could sleep inside the house. The living arrangement's changed a little bit with the design of the house and I just keep him in the living room and he could sleep there at night. I ordered a pet end table from Hayneedle, and it came in a couple of days. I bought stuff at other places where by the time I got it, it was destroyed. But the end table from Hayneedle was well-packed with sturdy packaging. The cost was reasonable, too. And the quality's good. It got delivered timely, and it was free shipping. So it worked out really well. I would recommend Hayneedle to anybody else.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience David.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Our experience with Hayneedle was great. My wife ordered from them a desk for my child and it showed up a couple of days later. It wasn’t painful at all. And I like the ease of putting the desk together. I thought it would take me a couple of hours. When I opened the box, it’s good. It wasn’t expensive so I’m not expecting it to be expensive wood but for the price of what it is, it’s fine.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Fred.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Purchased an outdoor cabinet displayed on their website showing outdoors on a patio... I actually had to hire someone to assemble (My arm is in a cast ). When I returned I found this outdoor cabinet to be an indoor cabinet... Wooden slat top allows rain water to enter. Customer service said to return. Box had been shredded... Now I have to hire someone again to disassemble, then go buy a box to return. Very dissatisfied with Hayneedle and their military type customer service. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I'm a contractor and I do remodeling and reconstructions. We order from Hayneedle as needed. I also got a bed there for my daughter who's getting older. Purchasing online was fine and their website seemed fine to me but it was my secretary and my daughter who did the ordering. The cost was fine and the quality of the products was what I expected.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for sharing Lyle.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My stepson is into tractors and he never had a ride-along tractor before. It was the perfect gift for him so I bought a John Deere Mini Loader Tractor as a Christmas present. Ordering online from Hayneedle was really easy. I googled "ride-along tractor" and Hayneedle was the first or second to pop up. The tractor from Hayneedle was a little bit cheaper than on the other site, by $20 or $40, and they got good reviews as well. Then, the quality of the tractor is great. Unfortunately, I have nowhere else to put it indoors so it’s been outside in the rain and stuff, but it still works completely fine. Assembly was a little tricky but it worked out fine. The cost of the product was well worth it also. I would definitely buy another one or have someone else buy it from Hayneedle. Purchasing from Hayneedle is a safe bet, there are no risks, and the packages arrive when it’s supposed to.

Hayneedle response

What a wonderful review - thorough and honest! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We think your stepson is lucky to have you in his life -- a John Deere Mini Loader Tractor is an excellent Christmas present. We hope that both of you have many fun experiences and make many more great memories. Thank you again!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I ordered a console table from Hayneedle. The online ordering experience was good and there were no problems. Shipping was good as well. While the table isn't high quality, the quality is adequate and it serves its purpose. What I planned all worked out.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Ordered Furniture of America Oper Rustic 3-Seater Tufted Linen-like Fabric Loveseat Dining Bench in gray and I was sent a wrong color beige. Spoke with customer service who helped me with FedEx shipment back and reordered for me. I received the exact same wrong color bench back in the same box that my husband taped closed the first time. Very dissatisfied!

Original review: April 7, 2018

Hayneedle's website was really easy to navigate. However, when I go back to a page and hit back, it loads really slowly. Still, I purchased an oval wall mirror and a table from them. Also, I found the same console table on two different spots on Hayneedle. One for selling for $199 and the other one was $189. I'm pretty good about shopping online but I'm done with that.

Furthermore, I had been on Global Office Furniture. While I was on Hayneedle the last time, they had ads for Global which I thought was pretty cool. Whoever made that relationship work made a smart move. Nevertheless, people wouldn't believe how the mirror I bought was packaged. The shipping was perfect and I couldn't ask for more. Everything came just the way I ordered.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered an end table from Hayneedle. Shipping was good and it arrived when it was supposed to. The quality of the table was good. However, there was a little chip on the top. I was going to send it down but then the representative gave me a better deal if I just kept the table. So, it was very easy to work with them. I would definitely order from Hayneedle again.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I purchased $1200 worth of patio furniture several weeks ago. I received a call from the shipment company (not Hayneedle) that they were missing the largest piece of my order - a $1000 piece of furniture. I called Hayneedle who said it would take 72 BUSINESS hours to find out what happened to it. That's almost 2 weeks of nothing! I called again today and was told they still don't know where it is and I should just be patient. I told them to ship me out a new set of furniture that I already PAID for. They said they could not do that. I better have my refund in less than 72 non-business hours.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I recently purchased a beautiful desk from Hayneedle, and after reading reviews - became a bit nervous. Overall, the shopping experience was easy and pleasant. The checkout process was simple, and after my order remained at "in-fulfillment" for two days I was notified that it had shipped, and it was delivered the next day. Sadly however, the desk I ordered arrived with cosmetic damage. I immediately reached out to Hayneedle via their customer service link, as well as through their Facebook page. I supplied photos of the damage and asked for a resolution. To my surprise, only a few minutes after sending the message I was contacted by a wonderful customer service representative (Kari), who apologized and went above and beyond to make the situation right. I'm extremely satisfied with the outcome and appreciate that instead of sending the damaged desk back and having them throw it away, they've suggested donating it to a charity.

Overall, this has been an excellent experience. With shipping you always take risks, however Hayneedle truly stood behind their product and are working to make it right. Outside of the cosmetic damage on the piece I received, I can say that it's an excellent product. It seems to be very solid, well built, sturdy and very beautiful. I'm confident that I made the right choice in shopping with Hayneedle, and I'll certainly be ordering more!

Hayneedle response

What a wonderful outcome, thank you so much for sharing your purchase and customer service experience Danielle.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I bought an Ottoman from Hayneedle. A friend had forwarded it over since she had purchased one there previously. The online ordering process was easy and the quality of the product is fair for the price. I would recommend them.

Hayneedle response

WOW, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Danielle.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I just want to clarify, this was a brand new purchase. We sold our old bed and ordered this bunk bed assuming we would have it delivered by the original date provided by Hayneedle. We purchased this bed on 3/1/18. We have now been without a bed for our daughters for 5 weeks. A credit for missing parts does not help me 1. purchase a new bed or 2. put this bed together. Yes I would like assistance in getting the parts. We have emails stating the parts are no longer available however the product is still offered on your website (this was the email sent to customer service).

Resolution response: April 6, 2018

Hayneedle Customer Service came through and all is good, so don't be afraid to order from them, I received one of the two items, so far everything is good. The fact they respond on here and are prompt is a good thing.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I took a chance with Hayneedle after a recent negative experience with Ikea Online, I thought my experience would be better, so far it has not been such. I just moved and got a 10% off coupon with them, so I figured I would give them a chance, they seemed to have a nice selection and good pricing. I ordered two items, they billed my debit card for the correct amount and I received the confirmation via e-mail along with FedEx tracking the following day. That part was fine, but then my debit card got hit with another charge 24 hours later, appeared they charged me twice for one of the items. So I sent two e-mails over a 24 hour period to Customer Service, and never got a response.

Then when I got home from work, I see the original charge amount changed and is now higher and does not match anything I bought in terms of cost. So I attempted to call Customer Service, the automated system said they are "experiencing higher than normal call volume and the wait will be 30 minutes or more" at this point I did not bother holding because I had to take care of something else. It waits to be seen if the two items arrive undamaged and correct, but the excessive charges are still unanswered at the time of this writing.

Needless to say my first experience with Hayneedle likely will be my last. If I don't get a response, I will dispute this with my bank. I order a lot of items from Amazon, had issues and never had to call them, either online chat, e-mails are answered promptly and resolved with a discount or account credit on items. I guess there is a reason Amazon is taking over after all.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Hayneedle rain barrel was the first one we bought. My wife found it, and she told me to purchase one. Online ordering was very good. It was pretty well laid out on the website, and it was a good experience. The quality is very good, however, the cost is too expensive. Nevertheless, if my friends ask me about Hayneedle, I would have nothing but positive to say.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Roy.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Poor marketing practices. I signed up to receive emails because I really liked the items that I saw on their website, but was not ready to make a purchase just yet. On multiple occasions, I was emailed pictures of items I really wanted to purchase, but could not find anywhere once I was on the site. The links provided on the email did not correlate to the items I was looking to purchase, and the volume of products offered on the website made it next to impossible to find. Need to clean up your email marketing.

Hayneedle response

Thank you very much for providing your very honest and thorough feedback regarding out marketing processes. We are definitely aware that there are improvements that need to be made and are thankful for your suggestions. We will be sure to pass these observations to our team so that they can get to work in making the shopping experience a more pleasant one. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out to us.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I liked the size of the computer desk I bought from Hayneedle. Its quality is good and it was a well-priced product. I like it. And I would recommend Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Jamie.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I purchased a divider, like a shoji screen, from Hayneedle. It looked beautiful and elegant in the online pictures. The wood finish went with the finish in my room. The online purchasing experience turned out to be fast and easy. And I was really happy and surprised how quickly it arrived and what a great product it was. And I get a lot of compliments on it. It also had a great price. It was less than I expected to pay. I would buy from them again. If I could find the right thing I would definitely purchase it from Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Alexandra.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 28, 2018

I'm in love with the inventory but I've made a fairly big ordered for which my credit card has been charged and immediately after, I get an email saying my order has been canceled. 2 orders. Both of them charged and both of them canceled. I'm super frustrated, I really need that furniture but I don't know if to dispute the charge with my bank or what to do. I'm traveling abroad and I can't get through to them on the 1866 number. HELP!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I ordered off the Walmart website and tried to cancel an order of the Palazzo dining table. Walmart stated to contact Hayneedle the seller but that’s not who I ordered from. I was under the impression I ordered from Walmart. Hayneedle couldn’t cancel the order because it was already out for delivery. They stated I couldn’t refuse to accept the package either. They said accept the item and it’s $21 to return for shipping. I shouldn’t have to pay for shipping and I tried to cancel it. The package arrived and it was damaged on the outside straight thru the package material as well. I noticed a broken leg in the package and I immediately stopped unwrapping the item. Poor quality of furniture. I never expected to have a broken kitchen table upon delivery!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Hayneedle's prices were wonderful. I bought one of those convertible cribs from them and the process was easy. When the product came, it was so well-packed. It's a beautiful product and everything was awesome. I’m getting ready to order another item from them.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for sharing your experience Mary.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Have ordered a recliner on March 4th, was told that there is a delay & I will receive it on April 20. Not very happy about it, also no communications in between??? I need it in March due to, we had company from out of town.

Customer increased Rating by 4 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased a sofa from Hayneedle. The reviews mentioned the sofa was firm, but what I ultimately received is ridiculous. There's no give to the cushions at all, and the whole thing tilts downwards. It's so uncomfortable and it's ruined what had been our favorite room in the house. I tried to return it and was told I'd have to pay $400 for return shipping. There's nothing in the return policy that says you have to pay hundreds of dollars to return a product, or else I'd never have purchased from this company.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention and letting us find an acceptable solution for you.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, Hayneedle has expanded substantially, and it is now one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, home décor and home office furniture. It is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska with fulfillment centers in California and Ohio. Hayneedle offers millions of products from more than 3,000 brands, including their own in-house designs.

• Buying guides: Hayneedle offers buying guides for consumers looking for particular items. From bedding size tips to nursery design advice, these guides help consumers make the best purchasing decisions to fit their needs.

• In-house customer care center: Hayneedle is committed to customer service, and their in-house customer care center is readily accessible for advice, troubleshooting, decorating tips or any other problems that need solving.

• Style gallery: Hayneedle’s style gallery contains pictures to give consumers visual references for how their products are supposed to look. These pictures help consumers decide which furniture and décor is right for the spaces they are meant to occupy.

• Inspiration blog: Hayneedle’s inspiration blog contains ideas for home decorators to get the most out of their living spaces and furniture.

• Rotating sales and specials: Hayneedle’s seasonal sales and rotating specials can offer deals to shoppers who monitor them. Stock is subject to availability limitations.

• Best for: Hayneedle is best for consumers looking for indoor or outdoor furniture and décor from an online seller.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs