Call toll free
3.37/5
Based on 387 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

738 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

I ordered a set of two chairs with two Ottomans and a table. There was quite a bit of assembly required. When I got to the last piece the chair was defective - one arm did not attach. After numerous unanswered emails, I called and sat on hold for quite a while. When I finally talked to a person they told me I had to disassemble Everything and pack it up to ship back. They wouldn't send a new arm or even a new chair. We have to waste more hours disassembling and packaging. The worst company I ever dealt with. Steer clear!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Recently ordered a Traeger Grill for my dad for Father's Day. Ease of website navigation was great and I received the order very quickly. The product itself though, was so defective, it appeared Hayneedle took it right off Traeger's QA reject pile and shipped it out. Every part of the grill except the wheels were damaged or poorly constructed. It was dented in several areas including the grate. The control panel was bent and not attached to the grill completely, the hinges were misaligned so do not fit properly, and the metal brackets were severely bent. Now they want me to print a shipping label and drop it off at a FedEx pick up point. Should have just picked one up at the local Home Depot.

Resolution response: June 18, 2018

I was able to resolve my problem with Hayneedle by getting my item sent via FedEx on the new date.

The good news is that they use FedEx, and I was able to track my item through them, where it was and what hours it was delivered.

I'm happy to say, the trundle bed by Novogratz came in good shape, the correct color, and all parts were present.

Hayneedle still needs to work on fixing the tech problem, but they were able to communicate with me who the shipping company was and restated the tracking number.

All worked out well, and we are now set for our nieces to visit in comfort!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I am not confident with Hayneedle and am nervous that I made a mistake ordering from them. I ordered a trundle bed from them because of the timeliness in the delivery date (was supposed to be today, June 15, 2018). I did not receive any order confirmation email from Hayneedle, instead my emails from them were all ads. But nothing about my order. I checked my credit card to see if the order even went through: YES, the item was paid for and charged to my card. So, I called their Customer Service to do the following: 1. To track my order, to find my order number. I was informed by the Customer Service the order is now to come later than the scheduled delivery time. Which poses a problem for me and our household.

2. I also sent a request on the Hayneedle web to reset my password - no email ever showed up, in spam, trash, or mail. So, I called Customer Service. I was placed on hold twice for a good amount of time so they could send me a reset email: Nothing arrived. Customer Service couldn't answer why. 3. When I went to search to track my order, the Hayneedle webpage says it is not a valid number. I'm getting very concerned that this is a bogus company, and if the item doesn't arrive on the new date the Customer Service aid said, then I will have to dispute the order. Good luck to any of you that order from this company. I'm hoping my item arrives and in good condition.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Hayneedle - Poor customer service and online ordering. I ordered bunk beds and mattresses twice and both times they were cancelled. I was asking to be shipped to Hawaii (my son is in the Army and stationed there) and I agreed to pay over $586 in shipping costs; however, when the order got to a certain stage, they cancelled. I called customer service the first time they cancelled and they said they do ship to Hawaii and they do delivery on-base. The second time the order was cancelled, same thing.

So far I have wasted over a month in trying to get this bed ordered and delivered for my grandson's birthday (that's what he wanted and I was willing to do anything to make sure he got what he wanted -- even pay $586 in shipping costs). They wanted me to place an order a third time but I refused -- my credit card still shows two pending transactions each in the amount of over $1200 for a bed that they aren't shipping. They should have removed the pending transaction for the first order as soon as the second order was placed. Now I'm without my grandson's bed that he wanted. I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER shop here again! I have ordered from them before but NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: June 15, 2018

We have a bedroom set that we ordered from Hayneedle several years ago and then we just recently ordered a toilet cabinet. I like the products. The bedroom set and the bathroom cabinet were what I was looking for and Hayneedle's site was easy to navigate.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Donna.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I purchased a fire pit, grill grate and a cover from Hayneedle and the experience was great. The quality of the products is excellent. Plus the online ordering process was really easy and I got the product the next day.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Andrew.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We were looking online and the doghouse looked good, so we purchased it through Hayneedle. It has been from three weeks to a month that we've had the doghouse and, so far, its quality has been good. When we were shopping online with Hayneedle, it was easy to navigate through their website and find what we were looking for.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 13, 2018

Nice concept for a mobile sewing desk. I just finished assembling this Savannah Folding Mobile sewing desk-walnut. The drawers don't fit as they contact the spacer, will require the slides to be lowered. The holes in the top and side support pieces all have holes too big for the dowels/line up pins provided. When the top is lifted to fold up, the pins stay in the lower section and the unit will not fold up. Trying to remove the pin closest to the hinges will over stress the short hinge screws in the manmade wood core of the top. I see a lot of glue and toothpick repairs to screw holes if this see much use. The join between the two top sections is uneven due to the misalignment of the alignment holes (probably why the holes are oversized). Only walnut in this is on the box where it is labeled. I don't think it will make good firewood. Save your money.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I placed an order for 2 sets of sheets on 6/5/18 for a total of $16.97. Got an email 6/6 that they were back ordered and was given a 10% discount, no big deal. Got an email 6/7 that they shipped and $17.29 was taken from my account. I received no explanation as to why my order amount increased by .32. I emailed them on 6/7. On 6/8 I decided to call them to get it figured out. I was told by the person on the phone that it didn’t make any sense and she sent a ticket to the billing department. Received my package 6/9. Fast shipping was my only positive about this experience.

So I waited for a response. On 6/12 I hadn’t heard anything so I called. Was told they were supposed to work on it that day, but she would check for me. I was put on hold for 10 minutes and she came back and stated that my order was 16.97 and I was charged 17.29, then proceeded to mumble to herself and told me that I was charged .66 for freight they hadn’t figured. I don’t know where .66 came from, since my order was only .32 more, but I told her that I approved 16.97 not 17.29, so they should’ve charged me 16.97. She kept repeating herself that they didn’t calculate freight properly so they charged me .66 for freight. At this point I was irate and explained that they cannot just charge my account an amount that I didn’t approve. She just kept repeating herself and I could see I was getting nowhere so I hung up and made a dispute with PayPal.

This whole time I hadn’t opened my package because I was so irritated. I decided to open it and when I did I found not 2 sets of sheets, but one! So, I called customer service again. The woman asked me if I was SURE that I only got one. To which I responded yes. She sent an email to their supplier and told me it would be 3 business days before I got an answer. I am beyond frustrated and don’t even want to open the one set of sheets I did get. Terrible company and would never recommend.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We ordered an antique white tv console and received a gray one. Customer service sent us an emailed return label and we carried the boxed piece of furniture to our car and then drove to a local FedEx store to be returned. There is no FedEx pick up for returns. If an item is out of stock, don't send a completely different color. Will never shop with Hayneedle again. Wait time on their customer service line was very long. Just an overall horrible shopping experience.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Hayneedle had the product I wanted, and it seemed like a reasonable price. I bought some bar stools and ordering them online was easy. I felt comfortable on their website. The bar stools were easy to put together and I sat on them, and they seemed comfortable. So, I'm gonna be happy with them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We just got a new house and there was a little space next to the refrigerator. We were gonna put a desk and nowhere to put there. And I needed storage and didn’t wanna spend money to have someone build shelves. So, the folding baker’s rack I bought from Hayneedle is perfect. Ordering it online was easy, and its quality is excellent. Also, the cost was very reasonable. I bought two other smaller shelves for $50 apiece, but they’re very wobbly, and the one I got from Hayneedle is very sturdy and it was all-assembled. It was great and I wish I bought more of that.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My wife had wanted a hall tree, so I bought one from Hayneedle. It was easy ordering it from them, and its quality is good. The cost was fair and the shipping was great.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing Bret.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I liked the look of the doghouse I bought from Hayneedle. It was a little more stylish than most dog houses you can buy and it was a good price in comparison to other websites The dog chews it up because it’s cedar. But we kind of knew that going into it. It entertains him and it looks good. So I feel good about it. Plus the online ordering process was easy, straightforward and my order came on time. And I was able to track it and everything went smoothly. The only thing that hadn't been great was that there were a lot of post contacts, a lot of emails and phone calls and things like that about reviews.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I'm a First time customer purchasing a shower curtain. I was emailed that my order now had been back ordered. I did receive a 10% credit for a future order. This was fine and I finally received my order but WRONG size. So I spoke to customer service and they send me out another curtain. I had to wait ANOTHER week. Finally got it. WRONG size (Again). I could understand one mistake but TWO. I would not recommend anyone to Hayneedle. It was disappointing.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I bought something for my husband’s diabetic medicine through Hayneedle. And the quality was good. We ordered all the time and the cost was reasonable I was satisfied.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to her, thank you so much for sharing Marilyn.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was looking for a water fountain and I knew my husband would like the one from Hayneedle. Ordering online from Hayneedle was a good experience. It was easy to navigate through their website, and I was able to put in the search words I was looking for and find the product. We've just had it for two weeks, but right now, it's doing well.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My first online experience trying to buy a large piece of furniture and it was a failure. I picked out a sofa that I really loved and purchased it online. I had a bump in the road trying to upgrade the delivery service to white glove but was really excited when the delivery day was scheduled. I had a friend help me get rid of my old sofa and waited. Well, the delivery guy brought a heavily damaged sofa to my apartment. It had a huge piece of tape on the back where it was hiding damage. In addition, there was another big scratch on the sofa. I really couldn't believe that this guy brought the sofa to my place like this and try to act like nothing was wrong.

So after I refused the delivery, I called Hayneedle. They told me that if I wanted to replace what they had sent, they would need to refund my money (which would take 4-5 days to get) and charge my card a second time ASAP for a new one that would ship to my city in 21 days. So not only would have to wait 3-4 weeks for a sofa (now I don't have one) but I'd also have to be double charged while waiting for a refund for the first sofa. To say that I am unhappy is an understatement. My advice is to never shop with Hayneedle.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I recently moved to a new place and realized just how many bar glasses that I own. I bought the "Convenience Concepts Newport Bar Console". LET ME TELL YOU. First of all, the directions were very confusing and various parts were mislabeled. However, this was the least of my problems because due to troubleshooting I figured it out. Here comes my issue: first, two of the parts didn't fit (a bar across a shelf to keep things from falling out-- way too small).

Now here's the kicker, the legs for the table didn't fit properly and I tried every single way to get them to fit to no avail. So, I decided it was time to give customer service a call. The girl on the phone was very sweet, but they offered me "40% off of my order" so that I can afford to buy a new one (umm???), they suggested that I send that sucker back (it didn't have "team lift" written on the box for nothing... SO NO), or they offered for me to send the legs and other faulty parts back (how am I supposed to box this stuff up and get it to you? Again, SUPER HEAVY).

So, this is where I get a little sassy, and ask why they can't just send me replacement parts. I mean, it's not like I'm trying to collect table legs specific to the ONE wine bar that I bought. So, they put in a "REQUEST" for the parts. She informed me that I probably wouldn't hear from them for 72 business hours, and even then I might not get the parts. My question is, anywhere else would be willing to work with you and accept that maybe something happened on their end, however Hayneedle did no such thing. I will not be purchasing anything from this site again.

Hayneedle response

We are so very sorry to hear that you have had such an awful experience with your console and our company. We very much understand how frustrating it can be to get a product that is not what you paid for and to get the run around when trying to get parts. I have issued a full refund back to your original method of payment and you do not have to return anything. If there is anything else we can do or if you have any questions please let us know and we would be happy to assist. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Was having some landscaping done at my house. Landscaper suggested we put three pots in front with flowers. He gave us advice on size and looked and found some at Hayneedle. We placed order on May 23rd and the confirm said they would arrive by June 5th. The landscape company wrapped up today hoping to plant the pots before they left but no pots. Order status says still in fulfillment. No one answered the phone. No response to email so I am going to have to go buy pots elsewhere and then pay a service charge for landscaper to come back and finish. Their service is horrible and I will never order another item from them. If you are reading this do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased the chair that I was looking for for outdoors at Hayneedle, and my online shopping experience was very good. Their website was very easy to navigate. The chair's quality was what I expected, and it's worth what I paid for.

Hayneedle response

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing your purchase experience Nancy.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Purchasing from Hayneedle was painless and straightforward. The mission slat rocking chair I bought from them is a little less than what I expected. But they were cheap, so it's about what I'd expect. And its quality is fair, too.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The patio umbrella and base we got from Hayneedle were what we were looking for for our home. Our experience buying from Hayneedle was very good. The only thing was I thought it was navy, and when we got it, it's more like a light blue. So the color was a little off, but we decided to keep it. And other than that, the quality was very good.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing you purchase experience Rae.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 3, 2018

5 days ago I spent a good amount of time on the phone placing an order that I was assured in stock. Today I received a cancelation notice product was no longer available because of a data update problem, so I called and the young man apologized and tried to find me a replacement of course at a much higher cost. I asked to speak to a supervisor because we had given away some furniture pieces to make room for the gas fire pit and also had brought an accessory for this item. Well apparently I was not the only problem because no supervisor had time for me. Very poor, but this ended up causing me to purchase through another vendor who had no trouble securing one but at a higher cost of course. I asked if Hayneedle would provide me with the difference and they said all they could do is give me something toward my next purchase... Seriously?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I'm a researcher, so I usually know what quality I want and the product I bought from Hayneedle was exactly as described. And for that product, I liked the price plus shipping. Ordering was an awfully quick and clean transaction. I got in and got out.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Paul.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Ordered a charcoal glider with Ottomans from the website. It came when it said it would. That is my only positive part of my experience. The glider that was sent is not only a different item number completely (not the same style glider) but also beige and not charcoal. The customer service representative said that the item number in their system equates to what we ordered and that color is considered charcoal. When I explained that it is a different chair entirely she asked if I would like to return it. I was told there would be a fee of $22. I am not paying to return an item I did not order in the first place. Very displeased with my experience.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I purchased a hammock from Hayneedle. It was my husband’s birthday and I gave him two options. And that was what he chose. But the product wasn’t quite what I had expected and the picture was different than I would have meant to have purchased. I had meant to purchase something that had airflow and not a single sheet-like body of it. Other than that, the delivery was fine and the online ordering was very simple. You can order right over the phone too.

Hayneedle response

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and the time you took to let us know how we can improve on our processes. We have sent you a message privately and hope that our resolution is pleasing to you. Thank you for shopping with us!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 31, 2018

I bought an easel for my daughter from Hayneedle and the process was seamless. But there was a defect in the product. I explained that I didn't wanna have to put the whole item, take it apart to repackage it and then send it back. I explained to them that it took me hours to put it together and it was one of the last pieces. What I was hoping is that they could ship me a new product and then provide me with a return label so that then I could just take the piece that was damaged from the new item and then swap it with the one that was old and then package that back, so that we could return it that way. It would have been a lot easier for me as the customer.

They said that's not possible and that they have to receive the damaged item first and then they'll send me out a new one. And, for me, it just wasn't worth having to take it apart, put it back and then spend another several hours to put one back together. My time is way too valuable to be doing that. So I'm stuck with it. And then, at the least, the worst case scenario, they should have offered a discount. I was willing to take photos or whatever they needed, but I didn't wanna return the product. Nothing got resolved so I ended up just keeping the damaged product. Their customer service could be improved. With that being said, I'm just not gonna order from Hayneedle again. I'll just do it from either Pottery Barn or Amazon where, when I've had problems like that before, they made it very simple for me. But if the product wasn't defective, I would have been happy.

Hayneedle response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. How very disappointing to not have been given other options that would have appealed to you more than a simple return or keep it as is. We apologize as this is not the kind of customer experience we want our customers to have. We have sent you a message privately and hope that our resolution is more to your liking. We appreciate you taking time to let us know how we can improve on our services.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I'm getting ready to retire so I ordered zero gravity chairs from Hayneedle for me and my wife when we sit back on the patio. Their online site was good. I also got the chairs the time I was supposed to and they are nice. I've had them for about a month now and I am satisfied with them. The only thing was Sam's has the same kind of chair with the similar price of $79 a piece, but their chairs have a table on the side. I should've looked around a little more. Also, the chairs are on sale for $49 now but it was too late as I had already ordered. Nevertheless, my experience purchasing from Hayneedle was great. I would shop with them again if I had to.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We were looking at Hayneedle and found an outside bird bath that we wanted. The price was good and the online ordering process and shipping was simple and very quick. Their products have been excellent and the quality seems to be good since the bird bath has lasted a year. All in all, we had good service from Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your purchase experience Cindy.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, Hayneedle has expanded substantially, and it is now one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, home décor and home office furniture. It is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska with fulfillment centers in California and Ohio. Hayneedle offers millions of products from more than 3,000 brands, including their own in-house designs.

• Buying guides: Hayneedle offers buying guides for consumers looking for particular items. From bedding size tips to nursery design advice, these guides help consumers make the best purchasing decisions to fit their needs.

• In-house customer care center: Hayneedle is committed to customer service, and their in-house customer care center is readily accessible for advice, troubleshooting, decorating tips or any other problems that need solving.

• Style gallery: Hayneedle’s style gallery contains pictures to give consumers visual references for how their products are supposed to look. These pictures help consumers decide which furniture and décor is right for the spaces they are meant to occupy.

• Inspiration blog: Hayneedle’s inspiration blog contains ideas for home decorators to get the most out of their living spaces and furniture.

• Rotating sales and specials: Hayneedle’s seasonal sales and rotating specials can offer deals to shoppers who monitor them. Stock is subject to availability limitations.

• Best for: Hayneedle is best for consumers looking for indoor or outdoor furniture and décor from an online seller.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs