2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.25/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

I ordered a pub table and chairs from Hayneedle and they arrived today. I love them. But, inside the box was another box. It was small and very heavy. It had a chemical inside. It was addressed to a stranger and not from Hayneedle. Not knowing what to make of it and not happy to have this odd chemical in my home I called Hayneedle. I spoke with a guy named Grant who was just as dumbfounded as I was. I gave him all the info I could from the box. He then proceeded to call FedEx and the person the box was addressed to. He arranged to have the box picked up asap.

We figure that my box had been torn open at FedEx (it was a bit mangled and re-taped) and the weird box had fallen in and been trapped after it was re-taped. So, this was a FedEx problem, not a Hayneedle problem. But Grant from Hayneedle took care of the problem for me. He made arrangements to have the box picked up asap. AND on top of that refunded me $100 on my patio set. And it wasn’t even their fault. Awesome customer service. I am now a big Hayneedle fan and will continue to buy from them. Oh, and FedEx also called me to make sure everything was handled well from there.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was searching for a good price on a bed and I found it on Hayneedle. This was my first time trying Hayneedle and the online ordering experience was really easy. The variety of products is amazing and I liked that it is easy to search what you're looking for. We just typed daybed and then we just searched on the price range and then based on color, we decided on this model. The bed’s quality is excellent. It's for my daughter and she loves it. The free shipping is also a big plus. If somebody was searching for a product, I'd definitely recommend Hayneedle. Go to the website, just type what you're looking for and search there. There are gonna be different models and you might even find other items that you like.

Hayneedle response

We're so glad to hear this Vinkel! We are happy to see you found a perfect product for your daughter. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I just got an armoire from Hayneedle and I love it. I was looking for something for my jewelry because I have a lot of jewelry and I saw it. It came already put together and I love that. Plus, the delivery was fast. In fact, two other friends had already ordered similar armoires. Before the armoire, I wanted a change for the season and I wanted to change my comforter set so I purchased one from Hayneedle. I also got a blanket and then a floating bookshelf but that came in damaged. Still, for the price, the quality of the products that I received so far is good. The Hayneedle website is easy to navigate, products are easy to find, and they have really great prices. I also like all of the descriptions on the product and the customer reviews. The cost was exactly what I expected to pay and they have a wide range of prices per item. Overall, my experience with Hayneedle was absolutely amazing.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Customer service was great. Spoke to two different people and both were friendly and very helpful. Package came exactly on time as they said it would actually quicker than I thought. I received alerts every step of the way but the reason I gave it a 4 is because I feel like I spent way too much time with the assemble of these chairs (4 spice chairs color exactly as shown on website). It would have been nice if they'd came already assembled. And even though I'm not handy. I wanted these beautiful chairs. Haha I know how to read and follow directions. Love my chairs. Had to find an old screw because I was a screw short but I made do.

Hayneedle response

Thanks so much for sharing Paulette! We're glad the ordering and receiving part was seamless. Thank you for the efforts in putting the chairs together. We hope to have upgrades in the future to provide our customers with an assembly service. Thank you for your input!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The way we do family Christmas is something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. I wanted a place to put all of my things so that I could see them in one place. A jewelry armoire was my need. My mom did the ordering. When I received the armoire, the box was very hard to open so I kind of ripped it open. The mirror was broken and I was told I had to send it back. I would have to repackage which seemed silly to me. I kinda waited to package it up because I didn't know how long it was gonna take me to put all the parts and pieces back in the box.

I messaged the folks at Hayneedle and asked if they were sure they wanted me to repackage it. I would do it as I totally get that they'd want something back in return for sending me something, but the jewelry armoire weighed like 40 pounds and that was gonna be expensive. All of the information was listed on a sticker on the front of the package if I were to make the shipping. The rep told me not to send the item back and that they would send me a new one. That was what they did. I just had to go back in and select the same product. I've had the armoire since Christmas and I really like it. I was definitely surprised at the variety of things that I could purchase at Hayneedle. If friends or family would ask me if I ever had any bad experiences with them, I would definitely say no and for them to go for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I purchased a table online for $1300. It was delivered and the quality was not worth that much money. I began the return process. It was very frustrating. The trucking company Hayneedle uses would have me schedule a day, wait from 8-5, and never call or show up. They did this to me 5 times! Finally they showed up on a day that wasn’t even scheduled. So after a month of being jacked around the table was picked up and sent back! It has been 3 weeks and Hayneedle refuses to give me a refund until the table reaches their warehouse!

I’ve called and emailed. They tell me they will go ahead and issue a refund even though the table isn’t back yet because of all my troubles... And the refund never happens! How long can they hold my $1300 hostage? It’s not my fault the trucking company they chose to do their business with isn’t giving them the table! Why punish me? I’ve done my part in good faith. I need that money back to purchase another table. Please be aware that this may happen to you. It’s not worth it. I will never shop at Hayneedle again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I ordered 2 Belham Living Blakely Arm Chairs and received 2 ottomans instead. I had to get those picked and reorder the chairs. Now, they delivered one chair and one ottoman, still not 2 chairs. The box holding the chair was ripped completely open and the chair was coming out. I assembled the chair and it’s only large enough for a small child and extremely uncomfortable. Now both the chair and the incorrect ottoman are going back. It has been very frustrating and I will not order again from this company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I did some online shopping to compare prices of the iRobot Roomba i7 vacuum cleaner, and found that Hayneedle had the best price at almost $100 less than other retailers. I should have known then that it was too good to be true! I placed the order on January 1st, my credit card information was accepted (I saw the pending charge on my account), and a ship date of January 17th was noted in my order. By January 21st, after not receiving any correspondence from Hayneedle, I decided to check my order online. All it said on my order was "This item was cancelled." No explanation, no email, no phone call...nothing. Such a terrible way to conduct business. Of course the item is no longer available on their site, so I will be buying elsewhere, and no doubt paying $100 more than I was quoted online with Hayneedle. I'll think twice before I ever order anything from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I was reluctant to order a 3 piece accent table set from Hayneedle based on all the negative reviews but I’m glad I took the chance. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. Delivery was spot on and there was no damage to my order. Tables were very easy to put together.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Ordered Casey II Daybed with trundle. In description of product it read: "Trundle included: yes". The bed arrived in 2 boxes and assembled. It was discovered that the trundle was not shipped. When Hayneedle was contacted, they said the trundle was not included and that the trundle was, in fact, discontinued. They said, "You have to send it back if not wanted." I explained that packing material was already disposed of. Customer service replied: "Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy boxes to ship it in." This is the best they could do for me. Shipping it back. Sure it will arrive in more pieces than what it came. They could care less! Very rude CS! Wayfair would have said "just kept it!"

Not sure about Hayneedle?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team