2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Hayneedle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I needed to return a few items because they were too big for my space and there was some technical errors that occurred when creating the return label so I call customer service. Both times I was talking to someone within 2 mins and they were super helpful, attentive and easy going. My problems were resolved really easily and it was enjoyable interacting with the company. I am very happy and will definitely shop there again.

Original review: July 28, 2020

We purchased a fire pit and propane tank cover from Hayneedle. They both arrived in a very timely fashion. Unfortunately, the fire pit had a chip in it. We e-mailed and they were extremely responsive and accommodating to resolve our issue. I would definitely consider making future purchases with this company.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I had been looking for outdoor daybeds - I couldn't find quite the right thing. They were either ugly or too small or too rickety or too expensive. Then I did a google shopping search for outdoor daybeds and found this super cool thing that Hayneedle had. I was really nervous when I saw the reviews about Hayneedle but then I figured people only tend to write bad reviews not good ones. So I took the chance. In the purchase window it told me it would be delivered around Jun 19, but maybe later bc of COVID. Then I got an email asking to schedule my delivery Jun 15 or later (which is also a very nice service, usually it's we're coming ready or not). Then I got a call from the delivery service and they asked if they could deliver even earlier. In the end, I got my item delivered 9 days early, in great condition. I got a really unique item, for a great price, delivered early.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I’d been looking for a few items for 2 weeks and I’d stumbled across Hayneedle. I usually research a website prior to ordering from it but because I found the items I was looking for on Hayneedle, I quickly bought them. Then I researched the website and found mostly 1 star reviews and I immediately got scared. I received an email from Hayneedle saying that my items will be shipped the following day and it was. I received all 3 items (bookcases) with no issues. I’m a real customer and had a really good experience with Hayneedle.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I was reluctant to order a 3 piece accent table set from Hayneedle based on all the negative reviews but I’m glad I took the chance. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. Delivery was spot on and there was no damage to my order. Tables were very easy to put together.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

In the last 6 months I purchased 2 items via Hayneedle. The first was a sleeper chair, the second a floor lamp. Both products were delivered ahead of time vis FedEx, both looked great both on their website & in person regardless of the condition of the packaging upon arrival. Both were defective with regard to assembly: parts didn’t line up and/or threads on connecting bolts/screws were damaged. In both cases, I had to hire a maintenance person to adapt/fix the pieces. I can’t figure out if Hayneedle sells rejected & defective products or they & manufacturers have poor quality control. I was angry the first time, furious the second time this happened—there will not be a third time or third mistake in buying from Hayneedle. I advise all consumers to think twice and avoiding buying through Hayneedle.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased 1 chair in March/2019 and received 2 more as a gift in July/2019. The back slats on the chairs are now starting to break loose. Hayneedle will not stand by their product as there is only a 30-day warranty. I suggest you do your research and find better quality than this garbage. By all means, these chairs were not cheap at over $200.00 a piece and they sat on a covered porch! All-weather my butt. I'm done with them forever!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I ordered a set of 3 Bruce wine stoppers. I received one. The website clearly says it comes in a set of 3. I have sent several email and have not heard back from them once. Do not use this company. False advertising.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We paid $150 for in home delivery. When the delivery arrived, we were asked if we wanted in the front porch or in the garage. Turned out they don’t do in home delivery. After waiting weeks and having it right outside our house, we had to cancel the order. I am 70 and my husband is 75. No way we could get it inside. Question: Why didn’t they know this before taking our money and delivering it? You cannot blame Covid for poor communication and this kind of screw up!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Updated on 09/10/2020: So guess what arrives a week later at my neighbor's house? A torn up box that's supposed to be my computer chair that I paid almost $70 for. I'm so glad I got my refund in time. I didn't even check to see of it had all of the parts. Most likely not considering the box is busted wide open. Once again, run far away from this company!

Original Review: I wish I could give this company zero stars. The fact that it's not accredited speaks volumes. I'll just give you a timeline of my experience with Hayneedle. I wanted to order a computer chair for my daughter since she was going to be going to school online. So here's the timeline of events. 8/19/20 ordered chair from Hayneedle. Paid $23.40 for express 2 day delivery. Product expected to arrive 8/24/20. 8/24/20 No product arrives. Hayneedle site states it arrived, yet FedEx never even created a label.

8/27/20 I contact Hayneedle stating I would like a full refund because my product never arrived on time. I paid for express shipping and still no product in sight. 8/28/20 Hayneedle responds by offering a refund only on my express shipping expenses. I explain to them I wanted a FULL refund for both product and shipping. The product never left their warehouse yet. I had to threaten to report them to the BBB for false advertising and even had screenshots of them altering the fees. 8/29/20 They hurry to ship the product. 8/30/20 They finally offer me a full refund for the product as well. Because the product already shipped, they tell me to keep it or donate it. Product is expected to arrive 9/3/20. 9/3/20 Package was supposedly delivered. Still no product. This company is shady. I've read similar reviews like mine. Please choose another company when ordering.

Hayneedle author review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team