Call toll free
3.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1037 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I bought a Tractor Trailer Battery Powered Riding Toy from Hayneedle for my grandson. We couldn’t find it anywhere. So when I saw it online, I purchased it. Ordering it through Hayneedle was great. It came on time. I had my ex-husband put it together and it went together fine. We had no problems. My grandson absolutely loves it. We’ve had it for a week and a half now and so far, everything’s good.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Barbara.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I got some outdoor chairs from Hayneedle a year or two ago, and recently, my new purchase just came and I’m very happy with it. The items are of good quality and their cost seem fair. Hayneedle has a user-friendly website and ordering from them is straightforward.

Hayneedle response

Wonderful Rhonda! Thank you so much for sharing! We're happy to be an easy part of your shopping experience!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Ordered a product. Never got delivered. Hayneedle or the shipper could not locate. They kept asking us to wait several DAYS so they could keep looking in different locations for the product before they would even consider sending out a new one. They said if I was not happy with the horrific customer service, then I could just cancel and order elsewhere. That's 3 weeks of waiting for a needed piece that I cannot get back. Word to the wise - avoid this company and their horrible customer service at ALL costs. Not worth a slightly cheaper price.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The first Hayneedle product we purchased about a year and a half ago was a big mirror. The online ordering process was perfectly fine. Last week, I ordered another item and the experience has been fine as well. The quality of their products has been as expected or better. Hayneedle could do something to retain membership wherein after somebody bought something, Hayneedle could offer a discount voucher, or free shipping, or some little incentives for the next purchase. Other than that, I’ve had no problems and I'm happy with Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

We're so happy to hear this Robert! Thanks so much for sharing and we're glad the quality has been up to par. We offer rewards for our customers. A 5% rebate is offered as points to our customers as a discount on their next order.

You can find more information on the Rewards Program here : https://www.hayneedle.com/rewards

Let us know if you have any questions.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I ordered a lingerie chest off Hayneedle for my bedroom. When it arrived, it was scratched, and the company who delivered it said, "It was packaged like that. It wasn't damaged in transit." I called Hayneedle on November 13, 2018. They said they would request a furniture marker to cover the scratches, that never happened. Three months later, I go to move the chest and the leg comes off. I got a friend to help me set it back up so it wouldn't fall. I called Hayneedle and the Parts Team said the supplier requested pictures. I sent pictures, but since I live alone and I am a woman who cannot turn over a 200 pound chest to show the leg is broken, I assume the pictures showed scratches.

This was the response from the supplier that Alexander in the parts department sent me. "After review we cannot ship out a new item due to scratches on the base. The customer has had the item over 3 months and any damages should have been reported within the same week of receipt. Also, this is the 2nd parts request from this customer and the customer did not mention any scratches on the item from the first inquiry in November." The level of professionalism displayed in this email is disappointing. And what's even more disappointing is for Hayneedle to not stand up for their customers. Three months is too soon for a brand new piece of furniture to break.

I asked Hayneedle to rectify this situation and within an hour got an email from Kylie who said, "I apologize. There is nothing that can be done." So I have a broken piece of furniture that has a limited warranty (that doesn't cover the repair). It has been difficult to consistently speak with someone at Hayneedle who possess the competence to adequately address my concerns. This is my first experience with Hayneedle and my last. This has been a very disheartening experience but it has taught me a lesson about ordering furniture online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased a bunk bed with an eight-inch memory foam mattress from Hayneedle three weeks ago and for what the product cost, its quality is adequate. That product was what I needed. Hayneedle's product was one of the first items that popped up and was cheaper than others in my search, so I ordered from them. Everything was fine with my purchase experience and online ordering with them was very easy.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for your kind words Robert.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I’ve used Hayneedle on and off for a couple of years but we recently moved so I bought a dining room set, a bedroom set, trash cans, comforters and sheets. I spent a lot of money and so far, everything has been excellent. The service has been great. We went to other furniture stores and ordered some furniture and it has been six weeks but we still don’t have some of the furniture. I ordered the dining room set and the bedroom set through Hayneedle and within 10 days, I’ll have them. Plus, ordering online from them was simple. Even a dummy on a computer could figure it out. I was a little leery about how it was gonna look since I was ordering it online and it was only $1,800 but the cost in relation to its quality has been excellent. I’ve told everybody about Hayneedle.

Hayneedle response

This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing Mary.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’ve always had a good experience with Hayneedle. Because of the quality and the ease of getting my first group of items, Hayneedle has been my go-to from then on. I bought mainly furniture, a jewelry chest, two book cases and some end tables. It’s easy to use the website and the cost, relative to the quality, is very good as well.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for your kind words Debbie.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I am very annoyed at Hayneedle, and hopefully someone can help with my problem. I've been getting their emails for a while and every time I try to unsubscribe, it says "Access to Website Blocked." I've tried marking it as spam, I've tried blocking them as a contact, and now I am out of imagination regarding what else I can do. It is pure spam for me, as I cannot even recall when I subscribed to get the emails in the first place. Please help me with this.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for reaching out to us Inês. We sincerely apologize and have unsubscribed you from our emailing list manually. Please allow 5 business days for the pre-mailing emails to desist. If the emails persist, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Very sturdy. Comes with a wall mount so the kids don't pull it on top of themselves. Has a lot of room for books and toys. Took me a while to build it but I was impressed that everything is screwed in, even the back pieces. I thought the bottom would be deeper but it still held all of my son's action figures. So it holds more than it looks. The kid has at least 70 of them. Also the wood doesn't scratch easily like some other shelves I've built. I'm very happy with this purchase. Thank you Hayneedle!

Hayneedle response

So refreshing to hear Shannon! Thank you for the kind words. We're glad to provide you the perfect product!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Cancelled my order for having a ship to and bill to address different. Then double-billed me $70 more for a duplicate order (same chair, higher price, higher tax???). Could not straighten it out with 2 hours of phone calls. Received an email I have four orders!!! Customer service escalation doesn't come in on the weekend, so I can just wait it out. CSR said "Don't be cussin' and yellin' at me!"?!? Two supervisors can't straighten it out, asked me for my bank's fax number?!?! They're either criminal or incompetent or both, maybe just criminally incompetent. Should shut down immediately, fire entire staff and start over or close forever. I've never experienced such profound lack of common sense. Save your money, your time, and your sanity: order the same thing from Amazon. I will have to take off work tomorrow after attempting to straighten this out for over a week, and tell them to reject any and all charges from Hayneedle. Stay away!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We ordered a Ashley dining room set and a bed. I purchased these using Affirm which is promoted on the website. Prior to receiving any merchandise I get an email from accounting saying I need to pay for my items. I called and the person said they couldn't get the money that they had already been given and that I needed to call Affirm, who when I called said Hayneedle already had the funds on hold. The same day, our bed arrived. The boxes were absolutely destroyed and the hardware was missing. I called customer service and a very nice person tried to resolve both the payment and bed issues. Unable to get the hardware, she went above and beyond and refunded us for the bed. She also went on conference call with Affirm and everything was supposed to be fine.

Two weeks later we still haven't gotten the dining room set and I get another email from accounting demanding payment. I look at my Affirm account and all the money had been returned due to Hayneedle not taking the money they had on hold. So I wait another week and we are finally contacted about delivery (month after ordering). I have to go to Affirm and obtain a different virtual card and call accounting and pay for the dining set that I still didn't have. Now I get emails everyday from Hayneedle, like I would even consider buying there again. The only bright spot was the young lady who tried to help us.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

When I got a Hayneedle coupon in the mail, I wanted to check it out through the website. We mostly purchase from Amazon for my business furniture and from a couple of websites like Hayneedle. I bought a king bed and the purchasing was good and easy. The product was delivered on time, but it had some damage. When I talked to Hayneedle, they gave me a discount on the price, but I would have expected everything to be very nice, smooth and without any issues. The quality isn't that great and I feel that I can get a better quality product for the same cost.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've been purchasing from Hayneedle for about a year now. I purchased bar stools from them and I also got some side tables and a bench. I like their quality and the price too. Ordering online was easy and they have a wide variety of selection as well.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for your kind words Jennifer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Just received a corner tv stand. More than half the cam locks broke while installing and damaged the wood. My husband is a skilled DIY and handyman and was pretty disappointed in the quality. He had to spend over $40 for new hardware just to get it to stay together. Will not make any further purchases.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for reaching out to us Debra. We're glad to have come to a resolution. Please let us know if there are any other questions you may have!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I ordered 3 times from Hayneedle. Each time they promised an arrival date and did not deliver until several days after they said the item would arrive. The last order I had they shipped the item in gold instead of chrome. Instead of shipping a new item right away, I had a week of talking to customer service people, having to send pictures etc. I was told a new item was now shipping only to get a call from the distribution center several days later asking if I wanted GOLD or CHROME! Sloppy service all the way from customer service to shipping.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I am a member of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards. I purchased a sofa that costs over $1000 during a special that SWA was running last November. This purchase should have netted me over 6000 points; 3000 bonus points from SWA and over 3000 points from Hayneedle at 3points per dollar spent. However Hayneedle has refused to count this purchase appropriately although I was very careful to purchase it through the Rapid Rewards website. Despite multiple contacts from Customer Service with Rapid Rewards, Hayneedle insists on pretending I did not purchase this through Rapid Rewards website. I have spent $1000s from Hayneedle but will never, ever spend another penny with them. They are liars and cheats. I could have purchased that sofa anywhere and gotten a better deal.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We bought bar stools from Hayneedle a month ago and ordering was relatively easy. There were good reviews about Hayneedle and I liked them. I feel good about the bar stools' quality and they were priced reasonably.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience Scott.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had a good experience when I ordered online with Hayneedle. They had exactly what I needed which I could not find anywhere else. Plus, it was easy to find it on their website. I bought a room divider with picture frames in it for my mom and we have had it a little over three weeks now. The divider is of high quality and the cost was all good too.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your shopping experience Otto.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We’ve been looking on all kinds of different places and Hayneedle was one that was recommended to me, so I started looking there. We got a 48 x 48 table through Hayneedle. We liked the color of it and the place that it had to go in our house, it fit. It was the style my husband was looking for. So far, the product that we bought is good. They’re sturdy and easy to put together. The directions are a little vague here and there, but outside of that, it’s been fine. We have toddlers in the house and nothing’s come crashing down yet, so that’s a good sign. I also used the online chat for their customer service and they were great

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your shopping experience Jennifer.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I searched through the list of swivel chairs online. I like the look, fabric & color. Chair looked really nice so I ordered it. This was my first purchase of furniture online. Order came promptly. Then I sat down in my new chair. I don’t know how to put this but This was the hardest chair I ever sat down in. It was as hard as a straight back wood chair. It may look nice but it is hard as a brick, very uncomfortable. Now I’m out all that money.

Hayneedle response

Thank you for reaching out Catherine. We value your input and want you to be happy with your purchase. Please give us a call and we can help you with returning the item or exchanging for something else.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I ordered a product from Walmart that stated tufted leather recliner, was sent the incorrect product and then told I would have to pay a restocking fee to return the incorrect item. Idiots stated I ordered a teal sofa when my order clearly stated leather recliner. First of all I thought I ordered through Walmart so I didn't expect this random company. THEY CHARGED ME $337 FOR A RAGGEDY COUCH. They need to be out of business. Shady, terrible company.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We bought a KidKraft Study Desk from Hayneedle, but we had to send back because it was too small for our child. Its quality was good though. Plus, ordering it was a good experience. The website is all good too. If they have the product that we needed, then we'd go with Hayneedle.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I searched on Google for an L-shaped desk and Hayneedle came up on the ad. I clicked on it and it took me straight to their page. The desk was at a very reasonable cost and it was really awesome I was able to get a 30% coupon on top of that great price. Plus, it was nice that even though it was so heavy, and it came in two boxes, I still got free shipping. I also got the desk quickly, within four to five days, and I felt like it was good quality.

Hayneedle response

So great to hear that the ordering process was seamless Jana! We're glad you love the table and thanks so much for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The barstools I bought from Hayneedle are almost exactly the same as a lot of the more expensive ones I’ve looked at. But these were a lot cheaper and they are good quality. It was also really easy to order online. Hayneedle was very impressive. I’ll do business with them more.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your shopping experience Marco,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered a Renwil brand mirror from Hayneedle, and it was delivered promptly by FedEx, but received severely broken/shattered. Hayneedle promptly issued a refund. I noted that the mirror was shipped directly from the manufacturer, Renwil, so I emailed them and told them I liked the mirror, but received it broken. They suggested I order again, and provide them with the order #, and they would try to take extra care in packing. So, I ordered again from Hayneedle, notified the manufacturer again as instructed, and again received a severely shattered mirror via FedEx - with no evidence of any difference in packaging. Again, Hayneedle promptly issued a refund. BUT, between Hayneedle and the manufacturer, I do not recommend buying a Renwil mirror, as it likely will arrive in damaged condition. Now, it's 3 weeks later, I still have no mirror, and am left with 2 large shattered mirrors to dispose of. Aaargh.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Hayneedle has great products. Just read the reviews. My purchasing experience online was easy but the cost of the product was a little high. I bought a mid-century style jewelry cabinet and it was perfect except one of the drawer fronts came off and I had to glue it. That was easy to take care of but clearly, it wasn’t put together right the first time since I had that issue. It arrived on time and was well-packed though.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for the review! We're sorry the drawer fronts came off but we're glad to hear you were able to fix it. We appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you run into any more problems.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Ordering in Hayneedle was easy and the stuff came fairly quickly. The items looked like what it showed on the website so there weren't any big surprises. The prices were really good, too. They had the item I wanted and it was at a lower price than some of the other sites had it. The first item I ordered was delivered to my son and he got it in plenty of time. He put together the piece that he had but there was one piece that was cracked and he had to get another one. It might have happened in the shipping but otherwise, the piece I ordered was fine. I also liked that Hayneedle has the Peg Perego in their website and we had one of those ride-on toys for our grandson. When I was looking for parts for his train, I couldn't find anything and I didn't know Hayneedle even existed. Now, I know that it exists and I can order stuff off of it and I've told other people about it as well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We're currently homeschooling my son and we needed a desk. In the middle of December, we purchased a desk and a chair from Hayneedle through Walmart and it took me just three minutes. I’m very happy with the cost and I love the quality of the item that I received. My son was just in the chair, spinning around, so he's excited about it. Before I ordered this desk and chair though, I had already picked out and purchased another desk. They took the payment and then told me that they didn't have the product in stock. So, I went into this sour. I was a little salty but I was very pleased with my experience because it was better and in the end, the chair was way better than the one I originally ordered.

Hayneedle response

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience Shani.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I was looking for Christmas trees and Hayneedle had one that looked really real, which was what I wanted. I had it delivered and the timeline was good. I got it before Christmas. I like the text messages and the process went well. Also, what I ordered has been of good quality. Everything worked, and it was easy to set up. It was nice, so I didn’t mind spending a little bit more than I would spend at Walmart or some place like that. Hayneedle was good experience for me and I would recommend it.

Hayneedle response

This is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience Layne.

Hayneedle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Launched in 2002 as hammocks.com, this company has since expanded into one of the largest online retailers of home furnishings, décor and office furniture from over 3,000 brands, in addition to products by their in-house brand.

• Shipping: Free to-the-door shipping and delivery on orders of $49.

• Delivery: White glove delivery options for a fee.

• Discounts: Exclusive discounts and special support for trade and business accounts.

• Returns: Most items are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs