2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I work for a government entity and made a purchase through Walmart.com. This was not my first order. After the 1st order, I send Hayneedle our tax exempt cert and was refunded the tax. The second order was placed in May and I am still getting the run around to be refunded the tax. I have sent multiple emails and get nothing but the run around. I would NEVER recommend ordering from this company if you expect any type of customer service or resolution for your problem.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Whenever you place an order, be prepared to have your account billed twice. Once when the order is placed and again when they actually ship the order. Granted they say they will release the original pending amount in 2 to 3 business days, but really.... Tying your money up for days. Hope the product ordered is worth the aggravation. It would have to blow me away before I ever order from this place again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

We had ordered a couple items from this site on 12/5/19. Well yesterday it says the package was delivered but I could not find the package anywhere plus I was home all day and never saw one delivery truck. My other items that I ordered still have not been shipped. Very strange ordering experience with this company.

Resolution response: Dec. 19, 2019

The company corrected the situation and I am satisfied with their immediate response and the professionalism in which this issue was handled. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Finley Home Hudson 4 Cube Rotating Bookcase BLACK. Finley Home Hudson 4 Cube Rotating Bookcase WHITE. Ordered From: www.hayneedle.com. Order Number: **. Order Date: 12/1/2019. Total Amount of Order: $164.19. Black Unit: Charged $85.70 on 12/02/2019. White Unit: Charged $78.48 on 12/5/2019. Ordered 2 units from Hayneedle on December 1st. Our Bank Account showed a transaction of $164.19 instantly pending for the total cost of the 2 units. The next day on December 2nd our bank was charged $85.70 for the Black Unit that was shipped. We called customer service and informed them that the entire amount was already pending in our bank account and that they must have double charged us. We were told that the total order amount is placed on hold with our bank at the time of the order and that each item would be shipped separately.

Once an item shipped, they would charge our bank account again for the individual price of the item. Hayneedle state that once the last item in our order was shipped, that they would release the original hold of $164.19 from our bank. On December 5th the white unit was shipped and our bank was charged $78.48 and the hold of $164.19 was removed the next day. Upon arrival of the boxes, we found that the packaging was very thin, this is a 60 lb unit and the cardboard was falling apart. On December 7th we opened both units to assemble them, we found the bottom square of the white unit was cracked in ½ and could not be used. The board material is of poor quality, very light and fragile. There was very little packing material inside the box.

Upon assembly of the black unit which was NOT damaged, the instructions indicate to use camlocks to assemble, but there were no camlocks in the box. My husband indicated that camlocks were actually not needed to put this item together. The instructions say to use an item that is not needed. Tell you to use an item that they do not include with the unit. Then they did not send enough round black stickers to cover up the screw holes, so we have to find round stickers to cover the remaining holes.

On December 7th I called Hayneedle to find out about getting a replacement panel for the white unit that came in broken. All I wanted was for them to ship me a new square bottom shelf. I called 2 times and spoke to different representatives to confirm that the below information was correct. This is what I was told...

• The Distributor does not provide replacement parts for this item, distributor is out of China so they could not call them to ask if they had an extra bottom they could send me.
        • I am required to ship the entire 60 lb unit back to the warehouse. They did offer me a free shipping label.
        • My Money would be refunded when the item was RECEIVED and PROCESSED at the warehouse. 2 to 3 weeks.
        • NO EXCHANGES - MY ONLY OPTION IS TO RETURN THE UNIT FOR A REFUND.
        • To get a new white unit, I have to place a new order on the Hayneedle Website and start this process all over again.

• I purchase this item on black Friday weekend while it was ON SALE for $78.48. Today the item is going to cost me $127.50. Tomorrow this item will cost me $180.99.

Beyond disappointed with Hayneedle. Entire Experience Was Horrible, Frustrating, Still Unresolved. Catherine **.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We purchased this Gazebo in May and put it up in Mid June. When we took it down for the winter it ripped at several of the seams. It only has a 30 day warranty which should have been a dead giveaway that it was cheaply made, but it had so many good reviews that we thought for 292.95 dollars it would last more than a few months. Hayneedle continues to carry inferior products and there is no recourse. WE WERE OFFERED TO BUY A NEW COVER FOR $180.0. Since they don't last we declined their offer. We will not buy from them again. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN 0 STARS IF THAT OPTION HAD BEEN AVAILABLE. SB

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ordered a TV stand from Hayneedle and the first delivery had extreme damage. I rejected the piece and it stayed on the truck. I contacted hayneedle and it was taken care of professionally by the service rep and I ordered a new one. Amazingly, the 2nd order arrived today with the exact damage to the shipping box and piece as the first. I again rejected the order and it stayed on the truck. My dissatisfaction is not so much with hayneedle as much as it is with the 3rd party delivery company.

I immediately called Hayneedle and the service rep was patient and we worked through it. I ordered the same piece again (3rd time a charm?) for a slight discount but I feel the discount should have been much more. I have been trying to get this TV stand now for 6 weeks. The management at hayneedle should definitely look into how furniture is packed and shipped. Why on earth would the delivery company even think about delivering damaged furniture as it leaves their facility?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Ordered due to availability and delivery date. Well it appears once you order that delivery date changes and changes. No one can explain to me why my order has not shipped. Order was place on Saturday. It is now Wednesday and it still has not shipped... so I’m guessing this is a scam and I would never recommend this place..

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

We recently ordered a dresser with matching end table. The end table arrived 1st and after unpacking it discovered that it was slightly damaged and was also of such poor quality that we immediately contacted (11/17/19) the customer service department. In our message we told them that the quality of the end table was such that we wanted to cancel the order for the matching dresser. We received an immediate response informing us that a FedEx pick-up would be sent within 24-hours for the end table, that the shipment for the dresser would be interrupted and canceled and that our purchase would receive a full refund.

On 11/26/19 they attempted to deliver the dresser that was supposed to be cancelled, we refused delivery. We are now being told that they will charge us $211 for freight as the cancellation was a "preference return". Buyer beware... the items sold by Hayneedle represent a very poor quality (remarkably so) and their customer service department doesn't speak the truth.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I recently ordered several items from Hayneedle. Totaling about $1,300.00. At one point I had triple the pending charges about $3,900.00 in my account-thus bringing my balance to $10 and making my own money inaccessible to me for over a week. Even after I received my items, I still had one additional pending charge that did not drop off. Every Hayneedle rep that I spoke to denied that this happened and didn’t help me resolve the issue. I was even told that if I disputed the mistaken charge that I would lose my right to return my items for any reason. My bank had to get involved to settle the matter. The products are very nice but the Hayneedle accounting has major problems. I recommend using other platforms that bill more fairly and manage mistakes more promptly and more efficiently.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I ordered a pewter mantel clock. I received a 22" x 8" wooden tray. The packing slip was correct and I find it hard to see how someone could mistake a wooden tray for a pewter mantel clock. Customer service seemed to think this was an everyday occurrence and never apologized once. They now expect me to take my time to re-package the item and drive it down to FedEx to return it and then wait 4 business days after they receive the item to refund my money.

Hayneedle Company Information