3.6/5 (2613 ratings)

About Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: April 6, 2021

My mom, a senior citizen, purchased a bed and it turned into a series of calls with Hayneedle and their shipper FedEx, who misrouted the package. Hayneedle could have easily cancelled the order and placed a new order to arrive at my mom's faster. But they didn’t because that costs more money. They had no problem making an 80 year old wait an extra week for a desperately needed item. Just plain disgusting and a horrible look for the brand.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

We were not getting emails for our product we ordered. The gentleman who helped us did everything in his power to help us. He took item # down and tracked it, he went above and beyond to help us!!!! He deserves an A+... Excellent customer service.... Thank you Prems Yes

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Hayneedle cancelled my order after I inquired the order status 3 days after no shipping. Terrible experience. If you do not have the items in stock, do NOT sell them. Even worse is that it did not notify me of any inventory issue until I contacted the company. Do not recommend this store.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

We ordered a TV stand over a month ago, have been waiting on it since. After a couple of weeks of no communication, we contacted Hayneedle, who said it showed "delivered". It hadn't been delivered, so they checked with the manufacturer who said it hadn't shipped yet. After another 2 weeks of waiting, we canceled the order. Complete waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered the Jaylynn writing desk from Hayneedle back in July. After waiting nearly two months, I finally got my desk at the end of August. Yesterday, December 13th, only three months later, I noticed the desk was suddenly cracking across the top. Nothing heavy was on this desk. It is not sitting in the sun. It seems like it is simply poor craftsmanship and material. Their customer service rep informed me that there was nothing they could do, no refund, no new furniture. Now I'm just stuck with a three month old $500 desk with big cracks on the top.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Prices are somewhat high compared to other "Box stores" given that Hayneedle is an online retail company based in Omaha, Nebraska with a focus on furnishings and decor. In 2016, Hayneedle was acquired by Jet.com, which later became a subsidiary of Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

They have good people working for them, but their delivery people are the worst, at least in Texas. Nothing but problems. Could not do a in home delivery, said they ordered to be delivered three times, three times a no show, no phone call, text, email, nothing, then when it was delivered it was so damaged it had to be returned, now not available until April of next year. Not a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

They do have reasonable priced items. I have pleased with everything I have purchased so far. I just love an accent table and have received numerous comments on! My friends were astounded at the price, thinking I spend a lot more!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I needed to return a few items because they were too big for my space and there was some technical errors that occurred when creating the return label so I call customer service. Both times I was talking to someone within 2 mins and they were super helpful, attentive and easy going. My problems were resolved really easily and it was enjoyable interacting with the company. I am very happy and will definitely shop there again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

In the last 6 months I purchased 2 items via Hayneedle. The first was a sleeper chair, the second a floor lamp. Both products were delivered ahead of time vis FedEx, both looked great both on their website & in person regardless of the condition of the packaging upon arrival. Both were defective with regard to assembly: parts didn’t line up and/or threads on connecting bolts/screws were damaged. In both cases, I had to hire a maintenance person to adapt/fix the pieces. I can’t figure out if Hayneedle sells rejected & defective products or they & manufacturers have poor quality control. I was angry the first time, furious the second time this happened—there will not be a third time or third mistake in buying from Hayneedle. I advise all consumers to think twice and avoiding buying through Hayneedle.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased 1 chair in March/2019 and received 2 more as a gift in July/2019. The back slats on the chairs are now starting to break loose. Hayneedle will not stand by their product as there is only a 30-day warranty. I suggest you do your research and find better quality than this garbage. By all means, these chairs were not cheap at over $200.00 a piece and they sat on a covered porch! All-weather my butt. I'm done with them forever!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I ordered a set of 3 Bruce wine stoppers. I received one. The website clearly says it comes in a set of 3. I have sent several email and have not heard back from them once. Do not use this company. False advertising.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We paid $150 for in home delivery. When the delivery arrived, we were asked if we wanted in the front porch or in the garage. Turned out they don’t do in home delivery. After waiting weeks and having it right outside our house, we had to cancel the order. I am 70 and my husband is 75. No way we could get it inside. Question: Why didn’t they know this before taking our money and delivering it? You cannot blame Covid for poor communication and this kind of screw up!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Updated on 09/10/2020: So guess what arrives a week later at my neighbor's house? A torn up box that's supposed to be my computer chair that I paid almost $70 for. I'm so glad I got my refund in time. I didn't even check to see of it had all of the parts. Most likely not considering the box is busted wide open. Once again, run far away from this company!

Original Review: I wish I could give this company zero stars. The fact that it's not accredited speaks volumes. I'll just give you a timeline of my experience with Hayneedle. I wanted to order a computer chair for my daughter since she was going to be going to school online. So here's the timeline of events. 8/19/20 ordered chair from Hayneedle. Paid $23.40 for express 2 day delivery. Product expected to arrive 8/24/20. 8/24/20 No product arrives. Hayneedle site states it arrived, yet FedEx never even created a label.

8/27/20 I contact Hayneedle stating I would like a full refund because my product never arrived on time. I paid for express shipping and still no product in sight. 8/28/20 Hayneedle responds by offering a refund only on my express shipping expenses. I explain to them I wanted a FULL refund for both product and shipping. The product never left their warehouse yet. I had to threaten to report them to the BBB for false advertising and even had screenshots of them altering the fees. 8/29/20 They hurry to ship the product. 8/30/20 They finally offer me a full refund for the product as well. Because the product already shipped, they tell me to keep it or donate it. Product is expected to arrive 9/3/20. 9/3/20 Package was supposedly delivered. Still no product. This company is shady. I've read similar reviews like mine. Please choose another company when ordering.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My first time purchases with Hayneedle. I ordered a accent chest in blue. The box arrived torn, and there was a very noticeable chipped area in the front of the chest. I called Hayneedle and they weren’t alarmed by the chip, the first words out of her mouth was, "I will give you 50 percent off if you want to keep it." Almost as if she knew it was damaged. I didn’t want it and it needed to be shipped back. It was a hassle to put it back in the box that was partially torn up. They said that Fed Express would pick it up the next day between 8am and 8pm. No one showed up, called back and waited on hold for an hour till someone picked up, she ordered another pick up the next day and finally it was picked up. My credit card was refunded and That was it. They offered no apology for the inconvenience and the customer service was mediocre at best. Wasn’t a good experience and I won’t take a chance again with Hayneedle.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have been told that even though I tried to cancel an order 2 hours after it was placed, that I couldn't cancel it. Hayneedle said they called the manufacturer to cancel the order and they refused, so they won't issue me a refund until the manufacturer has the item back in stock (I have multiple emails confirming this is exactly what they said). I also have continued to track the item, which clearly states in the tracking info that IT HAS NOT SHIPPED YET. This is going on 2 weeks! Do NOT order from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I bought a couple of Belham Living Garden Grove 7 ft Metal Arbors over a year ago but I sold my house and ended up not opening the delivered boxes as I wanted them for my new house anyway. I just opened the two boxes and one had the right parts and the other one did not have the right support columns. And the instructions that came with it are extremely unclear as you could not tell from the pictures how you are supposed to connect everything and in what direction or what side...basically it was a trial and error kind of thing.

I called customer service and basically told me too bad and that they won't do anything about it as it was over a year now. I explained that I was not looking for a refund, I just needed the right parts (the two correct columns/posts. Otherwise, it will not have the right support and I could not connect the other parts to give it stability. Again, with the "I'm sorry, we cannot do anything about it - everything comes from China and we can't get you the parts as your order is older than a year!" Lesson: Open all your boxes, check all the parts, check the instructions...and most of all...DO NOT TRUST HAYNEEDLE - order from someone else. They have higher prices than other vendors anyway!

Original review: July 28, 2020

We purchased a fire pit and propane tank cover from Hayneedle. They both arrived in a very timely fashion. Unfortunately, the fire pit had a chip in it. We e-mailed and they were extremely responsive and accommodating to resolve our issue. I would definitely consider making future purchases with this company.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I spent over $1000.00 on a conversational patio set. Within a month the seams started ripping in cushions. Tried calling customer service, they don’t answer. Tried emailing no response. Tried resetting my password because I can’t log on and they won’t send me a link in my email. So frustrating!! Don’t do business with this company!!!

Original review: July 5, 2020

We purchased a beautiful looking and easy to assemble table in September 2019. I also purchased a patio table cover for it to protect it from the Midwest’s cooler autumn temps, followed by its harsh winters. This summer, 2020, I uncovered it so we can enjoy time outside on our patio. After a night of rain, followed by another day of heat and humidity, the table top is warped. It now collects rain water and the surface is no longer level. I am extremely disappointed, especially after spending so much time searching for a patio table, and that this outdoor table cannot handle outdoor weather. Due to it being over 30 days, Hayneedle is unwilling to help make things right. I’d rather spend a little extra money to receive a product with better quality and support a company that actually cares about their customers’ satisfaction. Do NOT waste your time or money with Hayneedle!

Original review: June 30, 2020

My order was to be delivered between June 26 and June 30. I saw there was a delay so I asked if I should cancel and order somewhere else since I needed this for an event. They replied back, it is on time. My credit card was billed June 18. A tracking number was finally assigned June 22. After a few more days I saw that only a label was printed, nothing shipped. I contacted Hayneedle, they said FedEx had just not update the scan, and the product had shipped. After two more days, no movement, I contacted FedEx, they said no, the product was not shipped by the vendor. I have tried contacting Hayneedle multiple times since then with no response. At this time, my credit card was billed 12 days ago and the product has not shipped.

Resolution response: Sept. 27, 2020

After three months of being ignored, they sent an email saying they would ship a replacement umbrella, which they did. I never spoke to anyone at Hayneedle. The replacement umbrella works fine but having to deal with Hayneedle was a pain in the **. They did what they should have done when I tried to contact someone to make a claim. All they did was assign a claim number, tell me to be patient and that my claim would be processed in 3 to 5 business. Never happened. I had to threaten and jump through hoops and that is not the correct way to honor a valid warranty claim. The pole on the replacement umbrella has been modified from the original defective one I was sold. I still give them a one star and recommend shopping elsewhere.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I purchased an Island Santorini II 10 ft. Square Umbrella for my patio in May, 2018. It is advertised as having a 3-year limited warranty on the pole. A piece in the pole broke and the pole comes apart apart when I attempt to open, close or adjust the umbrella. I sent a photograph with an email on May 29, 2020 to Bluewaveproducts.com. I received a reply that a ticket has been created and I should be patient and that my request would be processed in 3-5 business days. When I got no response after a week, I called the telephone number on the instruction manual. I have called the number three times and it has never been answered.

On June 19, 2020 I was on the line for 30 minutes and no one answered. I have sent emails and there is no response. It is unclear if Hayneedle.com and and bluewaveproducts.com are one and the same. Neither will respond and I have a broken umbrella that I believe should be covered by the warranty. There is no such thing as customer service, just an answering machine.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Ordered a dining table and matching chairs. Can't review the product because they never delivered them. Contacted them and was told it was signed for by myself on a day I was at work all day. Can't get a hold of anyone either. This is a garbage company.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased the Vasser Orb Fountain. It arrived damaged and missing the pump. I went online to report the problem. The screen showed my item was “eligible for return.” I filled in the drop down boxes and clicked “Continue” nothing happened. I tried using my phone; same thing, I could only get to the “continue” button. I reported the problem twice via Hayneedle’s “Contact Us” page. Both “emails” went unanswered. I am going to initiate a dispute with my credit card company. I cannot believe a company operates this way given the competition from Wayfair’s family of companies and Amazon: companies that offer genuine customer support. I called customer service on a Thursday, waited over 50 minutes on hold for a “customer advocate” to answer the call.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I had been looking for outdoor daybeds - I couldn't find quite the right thing. They were either ugly or too small or too rickety or too expensive. Then I did a google shopping search for outdoor daybeds and found this super cool thing that Hayneedle had. I was really nervous when I saw the reviews about Hayneedle but then I figured people only tend to write bad reviews not good ones. So I took the chance. In the purchase window it told me it would be delivered around Jun 19, but maybe later bc of COVID. Then I got an email asking to schedule my delivery Jun 15 or later (which is also a very nice service, usually it's we're coming ready or not). Then I got a call from the delivery service and they asked if they could deliver even earlier. In the end, I got my item delivered 9 days early, in great condition. I got a really unique item, for a great price, delivered early.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Purchase Weber Genesis II natural gas only to realize I needed propane one. Immediately within 5 minutes I emailed to cancel the order and switch to propane one. I called next day (number takes to only answering machine) to confirmed my email. Naturally, no one calls back. Next thing I heard was from the shipping company saying they are delivering the grill. Told them to stop and hold until I resolved this with Hayneedle. Problem begins. It took almost a week to talk to someone (had to get the 'real' number from shipping company) and they told me they will take it back with $294.00 fee I have to pay for 'handling' fee. I ask them to provide paper document stating the policy. Never received it. After 2 weeks later, I got an email saying they received the grill and they will refund me minus $294.00. Never I will do business with them and nor should you.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Ordered "In Stock" product, a Better Homes & Gardens Rustic Country Desk. Received confirmation. Received shipping date. A week later received a revised shipping date. This morning, two weeks later, I was informed that my order has been cancelled because it's out of stock.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Overcharged by $91. Said credit issued and it wasn’t. Would give no star if possible, Purchased a second time from them and used their 10% off code. It showed it deducted it on the screen but once I clicked place order it removed it and charged full amount. I contacted customer service and was told it would be fixed at shipping but it wasn’t. Had 3 different people tell me it would be fixed. Finally put in a claim through my PayPal and they told PayPal it was shipping charges (Shipping was free. I have the invoice.). Company is just a rip off. Prices aren’t better if they overcharge at checkout.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I’d been looking for a few items for 2 weeks and I’d stumbled across Hayneedle. I usually research a website prior to ordering from it but because I found the items I was looking for on Hayneedle, I quickly bought them. Then I researched the website and found mostly 1 star reviews and I immediately got scared. I received an email from Hayneedle saying that my items will be shipped the following day and it was. I received all 3 items (bookcases) with no issues. I’m a real customer and had a really good experience with Hayneedle.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I received a broken lamp. I could not send the email because it did not accept my order number. The phone number was not in service. The top of my lamp was cracked with all the pieces inside the wrapping. Almost cut myself. Mostly disappointed that I could not get in touch with Hayneedle.

Hayneedle Company Information