3.19/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Looking for a good furniture store?

1118 Hayneedle Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I ordered patio furniture and a lounger. The site said delivery by 4 days. After my purchase the order wasn't processed for 3 days. After a week product reaches my area. Then needed to schedule a delivery date because products needed to be signed for which then on their schedule pushed getting the products out another 5 days. To make things worse I scheduled with a confirmation showing my 4 hour window of delivery 10-2pm, 2:30 comes so I call automated status. Updates now states window is 1-5pm, been on hold for over 40 minutes. Just horrible service and false promises all over the site. The representative seems to have no idea what’s going on and no desire or ability to help. Very poor company. Highly recommend you not waste your time. Better off using Amazon, Wayfair or Overstock. At least they correspond and the employees are competent.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought a coffee table and paid 75 to rush delivery on top of the 200$ for the coffee table. When I received the product it did not look like the 8 picture they have online. I called customer service and a gentleman name Henry help me but ended up hanging up on me without figuring out the best way to return this. Worst customer service. They wouldn’t Reimbursed the $75 shipping fee even if the product didn’t look like the picture. I would of been ok if they did half or maybe pick up the product free of charge and lose 75 for shipping. Worst customer service!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I ordered a dresser from there and it came in two different boxes that were damaged. I still decided to try to put it together and it was missing about 80% of the screws. The wood was broken into pieces and hinges were bent beyond repair. I called to return it and the first sales rep wanted me to throw away the product for them. When I asked if they could pick it up she refused to answer me and said "have a good day" and hung up.

I called back and the second person was more helpful and told me they would pick it up just to bring the 150+ pound boxes outside. The boxes were never picked up and when I called them the guy I spoke to put in the complete wrong address and said FedEx couldn't come pick it up anymore and I had to reschedule a pickup time for later in the week. No one at this company knows what they are doing. In short: they sell products that are sub-par, broken and/or missing parts and have incompetent support that makes you wonder how they are even still a company. Couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Got a dining table from Hayneedle website, which was from K&B Manufacturers. The holes provided for legs to screw onto the wooden plank of the table were not proper & also no right Allen key provided. The K&B Manufacturer response was very bad & Hayneedle was also unable to provide any help. I had to again repack all the stuff to return the order back. This was all mess, which simply wasted my time & effort.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I ordered a Kitty Nest Cat Condo and was very happy with the product. Fast service too. I think it was a good price for what we received. We have a large cat tree and not only does this product help all three cats get up that but now they are using the condo for the scratching post instead of our couch. Very happy customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: June 28, 2019

On June 5, 2019, I purchased two chairs from Hayneedle. Since then, they have been harassing me with relentless unwanted marketing e-mail. On June 14 and June 17, I twice used their website to opt out of such e-mail (I never "opted in" in the first place, they did that to me). One June 18, after receiving more e-mail, I called the company to opt out again, this time by phone. Between June 18 and June 28 I received at least 12 more spam e-mail messages.

I called Hayneedle again on June 28 to demand a stop to the e-mail, and they hung up on me. If you buy from these people, you better really like your stuff, because you will pay for it indefinitely with spam. I've never seen anything like this before, with any other retailer. Complaints were filed with the FTC, the Attorney General of Nebraska, and the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I ordered a pub table and chairs from Hayneedle and they arrived today. I love them. But, inside the box was another box. It was small and very heavy. It had a chemical inside. It was addressed to a stranger and not from Hayneedle. Not knowing what to make of it and not happy to have this odd chemical in my home I called Hayneedle. I spoke with a guy named Grant who was just as dumbfounded as I was. I gave him all the info I could from the box. He then proceeded to call FedEx and the person the box was addressed to. He arranged to have the box picked up asap.

We figure that my box had been torn open at FedEx (it was a bit mangled and re-taped) and the weird box had fallen in and been trapped after it was re-taped. So, this was a FedEx problem, not a Hayneedle problem. But Grant from Hayneedle took care of the problem for me. He made arrangements to have the box picked up asap. AND on top of that refunded me $100 on my patio set. And it wasn’t even their fault. Awesome customer service. I am now a big Hayneedle fan and will continue to buy from them. Oh, and FedEx also called me to make sure everything was handled well from there.

Original review: June 19, 2019

This company claims to sell this product GigaTent Mini Command Dome but when you go to their website product not found... This is a blatant falsifying of and sales ad to all online stores and they need to be shut down.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The loveseat is very nice and assembly was difficult but not impossible. But one bolt bent during assembly and no extras were provided. I called the help number/ Hayneedle customer service provided on the assembly instructions. I ordered it a few months ago so didn’t remember if it was from Hayneedle directly or through another site such as Amazon. They couldn’t find my order using name, email or phone. They told me if I ordered through Amazon they couldn’t talk to me or help me, even though it was their product. For a single bolt! There was no order paperwork in the box.

I finally found the order number on the mailing label, and had ordered directly from Hayneedle so I called them back. I was then told they couldn’t provide a replacement bolt because the chair and assembly parts were packaged and shipped from overseas. I don’t care where they assemble and ship from, but I expect them to be able to service their product. The local hardware store didn’t have a replacement bolt that would work. So I suppose I’ll have to keep looking at hardware stores and online to try to find a replacement bolt so I can complete assembly on my $600 chair. They’d get zero stars if that was an option.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Ordered an item for Mother's Day 9 days prior. Was told delivery would be in time for that day. Made a followup call because no delivery date was e-mailed. Was then told item was being shipped Friday 5-10 not in time for Mother's Day but following Tuesday. Today 5-13 received an e-mail that order had been canceled due to being out of stock after having been told twice that the item was to shipped. I was then advised to call customer service where I could be helped to purchase another item. My suggestion to you BUYER BEWARE.

Hayneedle Company Information