2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.9/5 (1470 ratings)

About Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I found the bed I wanted on Hayneedle. It was $300 less expensive for the exact same bed than I found it for elsewhere. After ordering, they shipped it quickly and sent me all the tracking information. It arrived undamaged and was exactly what I had in mind when I purchased it. Great experience and would order from them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

We were not getting emails for our product we ordered. The gentleman who helped us did everything in his power to help us. He took item # down and tracked it, he went above and beyond to help us!!!! He deserves an A+... Excellent customer service.... Thank you Prems Yes

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

They do have reasonable priced items. I have pleased with everything I have purchased so far. I just love an accent table and have received numerous comments on! My friends were astounded at the price, thinking I spend a lot more!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I needed to return a few items because they were too big for my space and there was some technical errors that occurred when creating the return label so I call customer service. Both times I was talking to someone within 2 mins and they were super helpful, attentive and easy going. My problems were resolved really easily and it was enjoyable interacting with the company. I am very happy and will definitely shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Prices are somewhat high compared to other "Box stores" given that Hayneedle is an online retail company based in Omaha, Nebraska with a focus on furnishings and decor. In 2016, Hayneedle was acquired by Jet.com, which later became a subsidiary of Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

They have good people working for them, but their delivery people are the worst, at least in Texas. Nothing but problems. Could not do a in home delivery, said they ordered to be delivered three times, three times a no show, no phone call, text, email, nothing, then when it was delivered it was so damaged it had to be returned, now not available until April of next year. Not a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

In the last 6 months I purchased 2 items via Hayneedle. The first was a sleeper chair, the second a floor lamp. Both products were delivered ahead of time vis FedEx, both looked great both on their website & in person regardless of the condition of the packaging upon arrival. Both were defective with regard to assembly: parts didn’t line up and/or threads on connecting bolts/screws were damaged. In both cases, I had to hire a maintenance person to adapt/fix the pieces. I can’t figure out if Hayneedle sells rejected & defective products or they & manufacturers have poor quality control. I was angry the first time, furious the second time this happened—there will not be a third time or third mistake in buying from Hayneedle. I advise all consumers to think twice and avoiding buying through Hayneedle.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased 1 chair in March/2019 and received 2 more as a gift in July/2019. The back slats on the chairs are now starting to break loose. Hayneedle will not stand by their product as there is only a 30-day warranty. I suggest you do your research and find better quality than this garbage. By all means, these chairs were not cheap at over $200.00 a piece and they sat on a covered porch! All-weather my butt. I'm done with them forever!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I ordered a set of 3 Bruce wine stoppers. I received one. The website clearly says it comes in a set of 3. I have sent several email and have not heard back from them once. Do not use this company. False advertising.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We paid $150 for in home delivery. When the delivery arrived, we were asked if we wanted in the front porch or in the garage. Turned out they don’t do in home delivery. After waiting weeks and having it right outside our house, we had to cancel the order. I am 70 and my husband is 75. No way we could get it inside. Question: Why didn’t they know this before taking our money and delivering it? You cannot blame Covid for poor communication and this kind of screw up!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Updated on 09/10/2020: So guess what arrives a week later at my neighbor's house? A torn up box that's supposed to be my computer chair that I paid almost $70 for. I'm so glad I got my refund in time. I didn't even check to see of it had all of the parts. Most likely not considering the box is busted wide open. Once again, run far away from this company!

Original Review: I wish I could give this company zero stars. The fact that it's not accredited speaks volumes. I'll just give you a timeline of my experience with Hayneedle. I wanted to order a computer chair for my daughter since she was going to be going to school online. So here's the timeline of events. 8/19/20 ordered chair from Hayneedle. Paid $23.40 for express 2 day delivery. Product expected to arrive 8/24/20. 8/24/20 No product arrives. Hayneedle site states it arrived, yet FedEx never even created a label.

8/27/20 I contact Hayneedle stating I would like a full refund because my product never arrived on time. I paid for express shipping and still no product in sight. 8/28/20 Hayneedle responds by offering a refund only on my express shipping expenses. I explain to them I wanted a FULL refund for both product and shipping. The product never left their warehouse yet. I had to threaten to report them to the BBB for false advertising and even had screenshots of them altering the fees. 8/29/20 They hurry to ship the product. 8/30/20 They finally offer me a full refund for the product as well. Because the product already shipped, they tell me to keep it or donate it. Product is expected to arrive 9/3/20. 9/3/20 Package was supposedly delivered. Still no product. This company is shady. I've read similar reviews like mine. Please choose another company when ordering.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My first time purchases with Hayneedle. I ordered a accent chest in blue. The box arrived torn, and there was a very noticeable chipped area in the front of the chest. I called Hayneedle and they weren’t alarmed by the chip, the first words out of her mouth was, "I will give you 50 percent off if you want to keep it." Almost as if she knew it was damaged. I didn’t want it and it needed to be shipped back. It was a hassle to put it back in the box that was partially torn up. They said that Fed Express would pick it up the next day between 8am and 8pm. No one showed up, called back and waited on hold for an hour till someone picked up, she ordered another pick up the next day and finally it was picked up. My credit card was refunded and That was it. They offered no apology for the inconvenience and the customer service was mediocre at best. Wasn’t a good experience and I won’t take a chance again with Hayneedle.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have been told that even though I tried to cancel an order 2 hours after it was placed, that I couldn't cancel it. Hayneedle said they called the manufacturer to cancel the order and they refused, so they won't issue me a refund until the manufacturer has the item back in stock (I have multiple emails confirming this is exactly what they said). I also have continued to track the item, which clearly states in the tracking info that IT HAS NOT SHIPPED YET. This is going on 2 weeks! Do NOT order from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I bought a couple of Belham Living Garden Grove 7 ft Metal Arbors over a year ago but I sold my house and ended up not opening the delivered boxes as I wanted them for my new house anyway. I just opened the two boxes and one had the right parts and the other one did not have the right support columns. And the instructions that came with it are extremely unclear as you could not tell from the pictures how you are supposed to connect everything and in what direction or what side...basically it was a trial and error kind of thing.

I called customer service and basically told me too bad and that they won't do anything about it as it was over a year now. I explained that I was not looking for a refund, I just needed the right parts (the two correct columns/posts. Otherwise, it will not have the right support and I could not connect the other parts to give it stability. Again, with the "I'm sorry, we cannot do anything about it - everything comes from China and we can't get you the parts as your order is older than a year!" Lesson: Open all your boxes, check all the parts, check the instructions...and most of all...DO NOT TRUST HAYNEEDLE - order from someone else. They have higher prices than other vendors anyway!

Hayneedle Company Information