2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.9/5 (1466 ratings)

About Hayneedle

In business since 2002, Hayneedle is an online home furnishings retailer that specializes in indoor and outdoor living. Hayneedle is headquartered in Omaha, NE, where they operate a photography studio, as well as, a customer care center. Their top notch customer care center helps customers in providing product information and assistance in space solutions. The company delivers products from over 3,000 brands including their in-house brands that emphasize designer features at an affordable price.

Hayneedle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hayneedle?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Updated on 09/10/2020: So guess what arrives a week later at my neighbor's house? A torn up box that's supposed to be my computer chair that I paid almost $70 for. I'm so glad I got my refund in time. I didn't even check to see of it had all of the parts. Most likely not considering the box is busted wide open. Once again, run far away from this company!

Original Review: I wish I could give this company zero stars. The fact that it's not accredited speaks volumes. I'll just give you a timeline of my experience with Hayneedle. I wanted to order a computer chair for my daughter since she was going to be going to school online. So here's the timeline of events. 8/19/20 ordered chair from Hayneedle. Paid $23.40 for express 2 day delivery. Product expected to arrive 8/24/20. 8/24/20 No product arrives. Hayneedle site states it arrived, yet FedEx never even created a label.

8/27/20 I contact Hayneedle stating I would like a full refund because my product never arrived on time. I paid for express shipping and still no product in sight. 8/28/20 Hayneedle responds by offering a refund only on my express shipping expenses. I explain to them I wanted a FULL refund for both product and shipping. The product never left their warehouse yet. I had to threaten to report them to the BBB for false advertising and even had screenshots of them altering the fees. 8/29/20 They hurry to ship the product. 8/30/20 They finally offer me a full refund for the product as well. Because the product already shipped, they tell me to keep it or donate it. Product is expected to arrive 9/3/20. 9/3/20 Package was supposedly delivered. Still no product. This company is shady. I've read similar reviews like mine. Please choose another company when ordering.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My first time purchases with Hayneedle. I ordered a accent chest in blue. The box arrived torn, and there was a very noticeable chipped area in the front of the chest. I called Hayneedle and they weren’t alarmed by the chip, the first words out of her mouth was, "I will give you 50 percent off if you want to keep it." Almost as if she knew it was damaged. I didn’t want it and it needed to be shipped back. It was a hassle to put it back in the box that was partially torn up. They said that Fed Express would pick it up the next day between 8am and 8pm. No one showed up, called back and waited on hold for an hour till someone picked up, she ordered another pick up the next day and finally it was picked up. My credit card was refunded and That was it. They offered no apology for the inconvenience and the customer service was mediocre at best. Wasn’t a good experience and I won’t take a chance again with Hayneedle.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have been told that even though I tried to cancel an order 2 hours after it was placed, that I couldn't cancel it. Hayneedle said they called the manufacturer to cancel the order and they refused, so they won't issue me a refund until the manufacturer has the item back in stock (I have multiple emails confirming this is exactly what they said). I also have continued to track the item, which clearly states in the tracking info that IT HAS NOT SHIPPED YET. This is going on 2 weeks! Do NOT order from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I bought a couple of Belham Living Garden Grove 7 ft Metal Arbors over a year ago but I sold my house and ended up not opening the delivered boxes as I wanted them for my new house anyway. I just opened the two boxes and one had the right parts and the other one did not have the right support columns. And the instructions that came with it are extremely unclear as you could not tell from the pictures how you are supposed to connect everything and in what direction or what side...basically it was a trial and error kind of thing.

I called customer service and basically told me too bad and that they won't do anything about it as it was over a year now. I explained that I was not looking for a refund, I just needed the right parts (the two correct columns/posts. Otherwise, it will not have the right support and I could not connect the other parts to give it stability. Again, with the "I'm sorry, we cannot do anything about it - everything comes from China and we can't get you the parts as your order is older than a year!" Lesson: Open all your boxes, check all the parts, check the instructions...and most of all...DO NOT TRUST HAYNEEDLE - order from someone else. They have higher prices than other vendors anyway!

Original review: July 28, 2020

We purchased a fire pit and propane tank cover from Hayneedle. They both arrived in a very timely fashion. Unfortunately, the fire pit had a chip in it. We e-mailed and they were extremely responsive and accommodating to resolve our issue. I would definitely consider making future purchases with this company.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I spent over $1000.00 on a conversational patio set. Within a month the seams started ripping in cushions. Tried calling customer service, they don’t answer. Tried emailing no response. Tried resetting my password because I can’t log on and they won’t send me a link in my email. So frustrating!! Don’t do business with this company!!!

Original review: July 5, 2020

We purchased a beautiful looking and easy to assemble table in September 2019. I also purchased a patio table cover for it to protect it from the Midwest’s cooler autumn temps, followed by its harsh winters. This summer, 2020, I uncovered it so we can enjoy time outside on our patio. After a night of rain, followed by another day of heat and humidity, the table top is warped. It now collects rain water and the surface is no longer level. I am extremely disappointed, especially after spending so much time searching for a patio table, and that this outdoor table cannot handle outdoor weather. Due to it being over 30 days, Hayneedle is unwilling to help make things right. I’d rather spend a little extra money to receive a product with better quality and support a company that actually cares about their customers’ satisfaction. Do NOT waste your time or money with Hayneedle!

Original review: June 30, 2020

My order was to be delivered between June 26 and June 30. I saw there was a delay so I asked if I should cancel and order somewhere else since I needed this for an event. They replied back, it is on time. My credit card was billed June 18. A tracking number was finally assigned June 22. After a few more days I saw that only a label was printed, nothing shipped. I contacted Hayneedle, they said FedEx had just not update the scan, and the product had shipped. After two more days, no movement, I contacted FedEx, they said no, the product was not shipped by the vendor. I have tried contacting Hayneedle multiple times since then with no response. At this time, my credit card was billed 12 days ago and the product has not shipped.

Resolution response: Sept. 27, 2020

After three months of being ignored, they sent an email saying they would ship a replacement umbrella, which they did. I never spoke to anyone at Hayneedle. The replacement umbrella works fine but having to deal with Hayneedle was a pain in the **. They did what they should have done when I tried to contact someone to make a claim. All they did was assign a claim number, tell me to be patient and that my claim would be processed in 3 to 5 business. Never happened. I had to threaten and jump through hoops and that is not the correct way to honor a valid warranty claim. The pole on the replacement umbrella has been modified from the original defective one I was sold. I still give them a one star and recommend shopping elsewhere.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I purchased an Island Santorini II 10 ft. Square Umbrella for my patio in May, 2018. It is advertised as having a 3-year limited warranty on the pole. A piece in the pole broke and the pole comes apart apart when I attempt to open, close or adjust the umbrella. I sent a photograph with an email on May 29, 2020 to Bluewaveproducts.com. I received a reply that a ticket has been created and I should be patient and that my request would be processed in 3-5 business days. When I got no response after a week, I called the telephone number on the instruction manual. I have called the number three times and it has never been answered.

On June 19, 2020 I was on the line for 30 minutes and no one answered. I have sent emails and there is no response. It is unclear if Hayneedle.com and and bluewaveproducts.com are one and the same. Neither will respond and I have a broken umbrella that I believe should be covered by the warranty. There is no such thing as customer service, just an answering machine.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Ordered a dining table and matching chairs. Can't review the product because they never delivered them. Contacted them and was told it was signed for by myself on a day I was at work all day. Can't get a hold of anyone either. This is a garbage company.

Hayneedle Company Information