Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am so very happy with my Carnival glass bowl. It came early and all in one piece. No cracks. No damage whatsoever. This was to replace a wedding gift of my mother and father's from 1957 that got broken by toddler which broke my heart. So now it's like it's never left my side. I got exactly what I thought it would be and it's beautiful. Happy. Happy. Happy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Had a couple bad experiences shipping outside the US where buyers said purchases weren’t received and couldn't be tracked after leaving the US; I promptly refunded without question. However, stopped selling outside US unless buyer was willing to pay costs for Priority Mailing with tracking and insurance. As a buyer you do need to beware, Etsy Sellers aren't Amazon. Especially now during covid. As far as Etsy not responding they’re based In New York City or surrounding areas where covid has been the worst. In past years they’ve returned Inquiries Within their 24 hr time frame. Low staffing isn’t uncommon during the pandemic in many businesses & wait times Longer.

If your seller provided a tracking number and purchase not received make your seller aware. Read Shipping Policies before purchasing ask the seller as many questions as needed. Some sellers pacifically state purchases received damaged or non deliveries aren’t refundable. My advise...protect yourself by requesting your seller ship Priority Mail before you pay for anything. Priority Mail is automatically insured for $50. Additional insurance can be purchased to cover full purchase price, I believe up to $500. The few extra $$ protects you and the seller & worth it to cover losses or damage incurred through shipping. As already said Etsy sellers are not Amazon. Does Etsy need to step up their game... Probably so. For the most part these are small business owners who can’t afford to incur losses & damages by Postal System Workers or Carriers.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I've ordered several face masks from Powerisus, through their site and also on Etsy. The masks are the best that I've ordered (and I've ordered a lot due to the virus). They are a reliable company. They reply to emails in a timely manner. The masks are inexpensive, but are similar to expensive masks. I love their styles. Highly recommend this company!

Original review: July 8, 2020

I just love the array of products that you can choose from on Etsy! The merchants on there are nice and from my experience, they usually respond back to you rather fast. I noticed that some people on here have said that they didn't receive their orders from some merchants on there, but I have never had any issues with any of my orders as long as I've been on there (3 years to be exact!) and I also got my mother, my aunt, and some other family and friends on to Etsy. So for my family, my friends, and myself, Etsy is our favorite shopping site!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I love Etsy and I'll continue shopping on their site. I had an antique item I bought, it arrived broken and Etsy would not help me in having the seller reimburse me. They did respond promptly to the case but there was no support and their reply was they do not intervene if the item is broken during shipment, which it was. As I've now learned, there is stark difference between Etsy and Ebay on this. But on an encouraging note, most sellers are honest and will do the right thing and you wouldn't have to escalate the case. Others unfortunately don't. I still think Etsy is a great place to shop.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Etsy was supposed to be a venue for Artists and Makers to sell unique handcrafted goods, but instead it has become a website that is overrun with shops selling mass produced and obviously counterfeit items. Worst of all Etsy is not monitoring the site for for these fraudulent shops but is instead promoting them on other sites such as Pinterest.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I wanted to try selling some agendas online for just one dollar. This was at the end of the month of October, their policy said that the following month I would be charged with a percentage for having that pair of listings, a total of $ .40, to my surprise, two days later and already in November, they discounted me $ 12 and also the $ .40. I tried to contact customer service but they have nothing that comes close to being able to speak to someone or among their questions, any answer to my situation. So I had to call my bank and cancel that payment, then I took both listings off their page because I realized that I was not there to deal with those problems. A month later, I receive an email that my payment was successful. Again the $ 12 plus the $ .40, when my listings lasted only 3 days. Terrible company. I recommend that you do not use it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I saw the item might arrive after Christmas so I requested a cancellation. I contacted the seller, they agreed, then shipped the tree, anyway. I will not purchase from Etsy, again. Etsy does not have a way of complaining about this.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I started selling items on Etsy for extra money this holiday season. I try to make my prices reasonable for people because the unemployment rate is at an all time high and unlike most things on etsy, I wanted to make the prices affordable to everyone but still make a good profit. Etsy has so many hidden fees that are difficult to find in the fine print. Etsy made me feel robbed and now the most profit I can make because of the amount of fees deducted is $0.05. How is that possible when before these hidden fees were deducted, I could have potentially had a $15 profit. I am deleting etsy as soon as I ship this item now that etsy has put me in the negative profit wise. Never trust etsy. Start a Facebook page first. If I didn't catch this early enough, I would have got lawyers involved.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Ordered on Etsy..Seller Models Guru...Products never arrived...No response from vendor and no help from Etsy. Multiple tries to reach VENDOR useless. Etsy can only make excuses. No Help. Don't Use Etsy.

Etsy Company Information