Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5
Based on 1,973 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: July 25, 2020

I've ordered several face masks from Powerisus, through their site and also on Etsy. The masks are the best that I've ordered (and I've ordered a lot due to the virus). They are a reliable company. They reply to emails in a timely manner. The masks are inexpensive, but are similar to expensive masks. I love their styles. Highly recommend this company!

Original review: July 8, 2020

I just love the array of products that you can choose from on Etsy! The merchants on there are nice and from my experience, they usually respond back to you rather fast. I noticed that some people on here have said that they didn't receive their orders from some merchants on there, but I have never had any issues with any of my orders as long as I've been on there (3 years to be exact!) and I also got my mother, my aunt, and some other family and friends on to Etsy. So for my family, my friends, and myself, Etsy is our favorite shopping site!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I love Etsy and I'll continue shopping on their site. I had an antique item I bought, it arrived broken and Etsy would not help me in having the seller reimburse me. They did respond promptly to the case but there was no support and their reply was they do not intervene if the item is broken during shipment, which it was. As I've now learned, there is stark difference between Etsy and Ebay on this. But on an encouraging note, most sellers are honest and will do the right thing and you wouldn't have to escalate the case. Others unfortunately don't. I still think Etsy is a great place to shop.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I order a birthday gift for my niece and the selection was wonderful, she wanted a 80's theme, and they had all kinds of gifts. The checkout time was so fast, and the website is so easy to navigate. I even left a message for the seller, and her reply was really fast and professional. I recommend that site to my sister and my brother, I love it for anything you might need for gift giving, thank you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

98% Positive. I love Etsy, have found many unique and cool things over the years, mostly Positive experiences. I am experiencing more and more Sellers not responding to questions about an item or receiving my money for an item then not mailing it and not responding to messages. I had one seller blatantly lie to me and other buyers about not receiving items after we were told they had been shipped, they had not been. This particular seller would then lie on the reviews, Funny her shop is closed now. Does the administration look over sellers' commitment to the buyers and or check on the Sellers' Reviews to keep dishonest sellers in check? I will keep on supporting the Stellar Sellers who show Respect and Professionalism as I will towards them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I ordered 5 masks totalling $100. I received 2. One I never received and when I asked for help I was sent the tracking number again. 2 I received. The other 2 have never been shipped and there's no information in my account about them. Etsy and their suppliers took the money and refuse to answer any emails I send them. I will never use Etsy again and warn everyone else that they keep your money and don't deliver.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I am a customer that paid for an item I never received and have no possession of. I purchased the item as gift for a friend. Since I have not received the merchandise, I have kindly asked Etsy to either send me the item I paid for or please issue me a refund. Either way, they have refused a resolution and have stolen $22. Although it is a small amount of money, as a paying customer I expect what I have paid for; as should all customers. Etsy and Courtney Stone from Stylizeddesign in Lebanon, Pennsylvania are thieves who have stolen my hard earned money. I would warn others against ordering from them as they are not a reputable company and are indecent people. They should be ashamed of themselves; especially during the difficult times being experienced within our nation. I will be sure to post continuous negative feedback and reviews all over social media and will warn everyone against these inhuman low life thieves.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Minority Run Farm faces Discrimination by Etsy has main income stream severed by Etsy associate named Gideon. On August 5, 2020 in the height of the Covid-19 Pandemic, Gideon from Etsy’s Marketplace Integrity team deactivated, 5 Star rated Etsy Shop Cloverleaf Farm's Best Selling Hatching Eggs. Two listings were removed. After a quick search on the platform, 1294 other results featuring the words "hatching eggs" yielded a positive result. When Pressed Gideon replied "Please understand that we are not always able to provide an all inclusive list of the items that we prohibit under our policies, We consider eggs, in cases where they are marketed as hatching eggs, to be live animals under this policy."

We have shuttered our Etsy store and are now scrambling (our eggs) in an effort to
      A) Restore the income lost by this ruthless gesture
      B) Find another outlet to take the influx of our eggs and

C) Restore this small family farm's good name and standing in the Etsy community.

Gideon was ruthless with us. Using the phrase "I understand it can be alarming to hear from us about items that do not meet Etsy's policies." When clearly he was arbitrary in his removal of our income stream.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

My Etsy store was shut down a few days ago. I discovered this when I realized that my store traffic had suddenly dropped to nothing, and tried searching for my store on Etsy. I was given no notification, explanation, or recourse. The ONLY option Etsy provides for seller customer service is email. I have emailed them, but days have gone by and no word. I have been looking on Etsy forums, and found that this is a regular occurrence. Some people claim that they never received a response after weeks and that their shop is still closed.

As best I can guess from doing some research, someone flagged my store for not abiding by Etsy policies. My store is in compliance, so perhaps a competitor was trying to eliminate competition. Etsy then closes the shop on the word of the Etsy user without performing an investigation and without any interaction with the seller, and then seems to forget that the seller exists.

Sellers beware - although Etsy sales increase every year, giving them a NET profit of $40 million in 2018, they will not invest in the infrastructure necessary to run the company in a way that feels anything other than mercenary. Prior to this I really liked the general feel of Etsy, but now I feel resentment towards them. Particularly as they like to preach to sellers about the importance of good customer service, but fail to see the irony.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

This past Spring I ordered seeds from TheSeedHouse on Etsy. Not only was the order untraceable, but it was never received. Tried numerous times to message TheSeedHouse owner through Etsy only to receive automated responses. Tried to reach out to Etsy to see if they could help, only to find that I couldn't reach a human. Many others had the same review of TheSeedHouse, never receiving their product. Shortly after all the bad reviews, TheSeedHouse became unsearchable on Etsy. Guess I will never receive my money back or my product. So upset that Etsy is not taking any responsibility for this seller. Will NEVER trust or order from Etsy again! Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Etsy Company Information