Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5
Based on 1,704 ratings submitted in the last year

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Just wanted to say the Etsy.com realized my shipment would not arrive by Christmas and gave me a full refund and are sending me my sweatshirt worth almost 60.00 bucks. They did not have to do that and most companies would not do what they did! If you want to shop with a very respectful company and a company who backs up their products and refunds you 100% if not delivered on the date they said I highly recommend this company. Very hard to find honest people these days let alone companies!!! Thank you Etsy for refunding my total amount and going to give me my Steelers sweatshirt! Sincerely Lynette **. Ps Merry Christmas. Ps want to give a shout out to Frank from this company who messaged me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I had ordered a wedding cake topper from Etsy and even paid for express shipping to have it delivered on time for the wedding. I find out later that it was the fault of DHL delivery service that was to blame for the item being late and in no way the fault of Etsy. The item was to be delivered to me by Nov. 19-23. It was delivered to DHL in Birmingham, AL and was being held there. I contacted them after tracking it on line. I was told they did not have the item. DHL said they had already shipped it to the post office in Double Springs, AL.

I kept checking at the post office and was told that tracking showed the item was still being held at DHL. I was even willing to drive 75 miles one way to pick it up from them to have it by the day of the wedding. I was told again that they did not have it. DHL finally mailed the item to the post office, a week after the wedding. Etsy has since credited my account for the cost of the item and for the shipping cost. I feel as though DHL should have to reimburse Etsy for the cost since they are not to blame. Etsy has proven to go above and beyond for customer approval ratings and rightfully deserves this approval.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I've ordered from various Etsy vendors/stores over the years. The products have been consistently excellent in quality with only a couple of exceptions. I love that so many vendors offer beautiful, hand-crafted items. My orders usually arrive within a reasonable time-period, and I've only had 3 mixups -- all resolved -- where the wrong item was sent.

These are the issues I have with the site:
      1) Cost of return shipping for items which don't work out can be VERY high -- often in the $50-$100 US dollar range, even if the item weighs very little. This is because many Etsy vendors are located overseas.
      2) If you have an issue with an order, you may find yourself needing to communicate in a foreign language. I faced this situation and had to use online translation apps in an attempt to locate a missing package shipped from Romania.
      3) Every vendor has different policies, so you must be careful to read the fine print before placing an order.

4) The Etsy support team is very courteous and helpful once you reach them, but that can take awhile -- contact and attempt to resolve your issue with the vendor is required first.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Had a couple bad experiences shipping outside the US where buyers said purchases weren’t received and couldn't be tracked after leaving the US; I promptly refunded without question. However, stopped selling outside US unless buyer was willing to pay costs for Priority Mailing with tracking and insurance. As a buyer you do need to beware, Etsy Sellers aren't Amazon. Especially now during covid. As far as Etsy not responding they’re based In New York City or surrounding areas where covid has been the worst. In past years they’ve returned Inquiries Within their 24 hr time frame. Low staffing isn’t uncommon during the pandemic in many businesses & wait times Longer.

If your seller provided a tracking number and purchase not received make your seller aware. Read Shipping Policies before purchasing ask the seller as many questions as needed. Some sellers pacifically state purchases received damaged or non deliveries aren’t refundable. My advise...protect yourself by requesting your seller ship Priority Mail before you pay for anything. Priority Mail is automatically insured for $50. Additional insurance can be purchased to cover full purchase price, I believe up to $500. The few extra $$ protects you and the seller & worth it to cover losses or damage incurred through shipping. As already said Etsy sellers are not Amazon. Does Etsy need to step up their game... Probably so. For the most part these are small business owners who can’t afford to incur losses & damages by Postal System Workers or Carriers.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I love Etsy and I'll continue shopping on their site. I had an antique item I bought, it arrived broken and Etsy would not help me in having the seller reimburse me. They did respond promptly to the case but there was no support and their reply was they do not intervene if the item is broken during shipment, which it was. As I've now learned, there is stark difference between Etsy and Ebay on this. But on an encouraging note, most sellers are honest and will do the right thing and you wouldn't have to escalate the case. Others unfortunately don't. I still think Etsy is a great place to shop.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have been selling on Etsy since 2017. I have always had 5 star reviews prior to Covid-19, when many set-backs befell us including illness and parcels that were delayed for months through Fedex. I was not unhappy that Etsy refunded my clients, but when I started to look closely into what all of this was costing me, I realized that Etsy was taking way more than the fees I had signed on for. Example: I just had a sale for $32.50 + $22 Postage. That adds up to $54.50. Etsy deposited only $41 of that to my account.

By the time I take off the postage cost, that leaves me with only $19. By the time I remove the cost of the actual product, I am left hanging onto $3. If I consider the fact that I paid to list this piece, I am left with even less. None of this accounts for my transportation costs to get to the villages where I collect my products. Yes - Etsy has stolen so much from my hard work, that I have actually lost money on this transaction - and now am realizing that almost every sale I've put through over the past year, has been subject to the same. I had no idea Etsy was stealing so much from me. I can no longer afford to do this as a hobby-job, which is sad because I support a lot of indigenous artists.

Another tactic Etsy has pushed on merchants over the past two years, is a call for free shipping. We small merchants are NOT Amazon - we cannot afford to include the price of shipping in our prices. NOT ONLY THAT - many buyers purchase multiple pieces. If they purchase 3 different items, and I've included the cost of the shipping into the product, that means the customer has been charged the shipping cost THREE TIMES. This is absolutely criminal and should be against the law.

I am now in the process of deactivating everything on my Etsy account and looking for a new platform. This criminal company is not loyal to their merchants, who built Etsy's empire. This criminal company may refund customers who are unsatisfied, which IS good on Etsy's part - customers should be safe to purchase online. That said, I wonder how many of these customers realize that the FREE SHIPPING was just a marketing ploy, and if they purchased more than one item at a time, they were charged postage for every item, when in reality, it costs the same to ship 3 items as it does to ship one (most of the time). Buyer Beware. This is a corrupt, heartless, thieving company that deserves to be exposed for the corporate greed they hide using smoke and mirrors.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Etsy allows sellers on their platform to sell recently manufactured charms, specifically Disney charms and allow them to be described as vintage when, in fact, they are not vintage and not even authentic! Beware of one seller who does this and then creates false accounts and false sales if they receive a bad review to counter the negative review the have received. It's blatantly obvious what the seller is doing and Etsy does nothing to stop this! Be careful when looking for Disney charms to avoid 2Hearts1Love62 on Etsy.

Original review: May 1, 2021

What a shame I didn't read these reviews before starting my store on Etsy. Disgusting attitude towards sellers. I have never met such a tough and boorish relationship, a huge commission, and in addition, your store can be closed without explanation. After 6 months of work, my store was closed without explanation, simply because we no longer need you and the quote “do not try to place an order or a new store”. Do you think this is very nice?

Firstly I was very disappointed to hear this from you. I am an artist and due to the pandemic it is very difficult to do business and here is some more news! I don’t understand at all what I could have done wrong: I immediately sent orders, I paid the Etsy bills in full, I haven’t got any bad review. So I do not understand at all how I could deserve such a cruel and categorical attitude. And in addition, you are depriving me of my main human right: the human right to defend one's honor and dignity. This is Franz Kafka, not otherwise. You are accused of something, but what - guess for yourself. Just a week ago I set up an Etsy store on Facebook, before that I spent a lot of time learning, before that: filling out listings according to the Etsy standard. And now you just take my case away from me and just let me know.

Ok, I agree with your decision, if only because I have no desire to give away a huge part of MY earnings, which I earned on my own (unlike you, who earn on others) with those who can only wield a whip, imagining at the same time that they are someone WITHOUT CREATORS. But you forget about karma. Let the same come back to you. You deserve it. and, believe me, I am not going to place a single order on your lightly salted website, which was lost somewhere in the 90s, so you shouldn't worry about it.

Sorry, but what a **. Right here, right in front of our nose, is the slavery of the 21 century (where skin color doesn't matter). What sellers does Etsy need? He came up with it himself, implemented it himself, created the listing himself, found a buyer himself, and after all this - pay the rent to Etsy. You don't even have to post a listing - just pay.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I am told that "I have to contact Esty support" to close my shop. Etsy support didn't respond to more than 5 requests in the last weeks, therefore I can close it! Unbelievable. I have no overdue payments and I requested to close it down so I am definitely NOT willing to pay anything anymore just because I am stuck with a shop I can't close!

Original review: April 24, 2021

I bought an item and never got it. In many conversations with the seller she said wait, wait and wait... because of covid19 the shipping time can be delayed. I agreed to wait and many month past already after purchase. So I apply to the seller thru customer support of Etsy and the seller offered refund but I stupidly made a request - I want the item. Buyer's protection finished and now the seller never answered on my messages. I contact Etsy customer support and they promised to help... I still have them e-mails about this. Finally never get the item, never got got the help from Etsy customer support (just nice talk without any action). I am very angry, lost because lost my money and a lot of my nerves and time.

Etsy Company Information