Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5
Based on 1,412 ratings submitted in the last year

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Just wanted to say the Etsy.com realized my shipment would not arrive by Christmas and gave me a full refund and are sending me my sweatshirt worth almost 60.00 bucks. They did not have to do that and most companies would not do what they did! If you want to shop with a very respectful company and a company who backs up their products and refunds you 100% if not delivered on the date they said I highly recommend this company. Very hard to find honest people these days let alone companies!!! Thank you Etsy for refunding my total amount and going to give me my Steelers sweatshirt! Sincerely Lynette **. Ps Merry Christmas. Ps want to give a shout out to Frank from this company who messaged me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I had ordered a wedding cake topper from Etsy and even paid for express shipping to have it delivered on time for the wedding. I find out later that it was the fault of DHL delivery service that was to blame for the item being late and in no way the fault of Etsy. The item was to be delivered to me by Nov. 19-23. It was delivered to DHL in Birmingham, AL and was being held there. I contacted them after tracking it on line. I was told they did not have the item. DHL said they had already shipped it to the post office in Double Springs, AL.

I kept checking at the post office and was told that tracking showed the item was still being held at DHL. I was even willing to drive 75 miles one way to pick it up from them to have it by the day of the wedding. I was told again that they did not have it. DHL finally mailed the item to the post office, a week after the wedding. Etsy has since credited my account for the cost of the item and for the shipping cost. I feel as though DHL should have to reimburse Etsy for the cost since they are not to blame. Etsy has proven to go above and beyond for customer approval ratings and rightfully deserves this approval.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I've ordered from various Etsy vendors/stores over the years. The products have been consistently excellent in quality with only a couple of exceptions. I love that so many vendors offer beautiful, hand-crafted items. My orders usually arrive within a reasonable time-period, and I've only had 3 mixups -- all resolved -- where the wrong item was sent.

These are the issues I have with the site:
      1) Cost of return shipping for items which don't work out can be VERY high -- often in the $50-$100 US dollar range, even if the item weighs very little. This is because many Etsy vendors are located overseas.
      2) If you have an issue with an order, you may find yourself needing to communicate in a foreign language. I faced this situation and had to use online translation apps in an attempt to locate a missing package shipped from Romania.
      3) Every vendor has different policies, so you must be careful to read the fine print before placing an order.

4) The Etsy support team is very courteous and helpful once you reach them, but that can take awhile -- contact and attempt to resolve your issue with the vendor is required first.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Had a couple bad experiences shipping outside the US where buyers said purchases weren’t received and couldn't be tracked after leaving the US; I promptly refunded without question. However, stopped selling outside US unless buyer was willing to pay costs for Priority Mailing with tracking and insurance. As a buyer you do need to beware, Etsy Sellers aren't Amazon. Especially now during covid. As far as Etsy not responding they’re based In New York City or surrounding areas where covid has been the worst. In past years they’ve returned Inquiries Within their 24 hr time frame. Low staffing isn’t uncommon during the pandemic in many businesses & wait times Longer.

If your seller provided a tracking number and purchase not received make your seller aware. Read Shipping Policies before purchasing ask the seller as many questions as needed. Some sellers pacifically state purchases received damaged or non deliveries aren’t refundable. My advise...protect yourself by requesting your seller ship Priority Mail before you pay for anything. Priority Mail is automatically insured for $50. Additional insurance can be purchased to cover full purchase price, I believe up to $500. The few extra $$ protects you and the seller & worth it to cover losses or damage incurred through shipping. As already said Etsy sellers are not Amazon. Does Etsy need to step up their game... Probably so. For the most part these are small business owners who can’t afford to incur losses & damages by Postal System Workers or Carriers.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I love Etsy and I'll continue shopping on their site. I had an antique item I bought, it arrived broken and Etsy would not help me in having the seller reimburse me. They did respond promptly to the case but there was no support and their reply was they do not intervene if the item is broken during shipment, which it was. As I've now learned, there is stark difference between Etsy and Ebay on this. But on an encouraging note, most sellers are honest and will do the right thing and you wouldn't have to escalate the case. Others unfortunately don't. I still think Etsy is a great place to shop.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Etsy has a very low standards for their vendors' shipping. I wanted to give Etsy a try so ordered 4 items from their vendor instead of buying from Amazon. The goods never arrived and the vendor ignored all my attempts, 3 of them, to contact him. Finally, after escalating the issue, only then did he provide proof of shipping but it was too late for Canada Post to do anything. Apparently the vendor has no insurance either. But all of that was good enough for Etsy. And now, it's too bad for the customer. So, don't bother with Etsy if you're uncomfortable with being left holding the bag for any shipping mishap.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I started using Etsy for gift purchasing during the pandemic. I want to support small artisans, and their creativity. I am very careful about the vendors I use. I try hard to confirm that they are a small business, based in the USA, before I place my order. So the onus is on me to make sure I’m selecting a reputable seller. 90% of my purchases have gone off without a hitch.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I have been selling on Etsy since 2007. Etsy is the only place that will charge you more per $1 earned than anywhere else. Etsy started punishing their best sellers in May 2020 by tacking on yet another fee. For anyone selling over $10,000 in a 12 month period they would be charged an additional fee of 11% for every sale that was purchased by the customer via Google, Facebook, etc. There is nothing in my 65 years that I can compare this too, where you are actually punished for succeeding. How would your child react if you were to tell them, "If you come home with straight A's again, you will be grounded". Or your boss tells you that you will be laid off if you double your work goals. Etsy has a "control issue", they have to have control over everything or you can't be there. Their fees consist of: listing fees, transaction fees on sales, transaction fees on shipping and now marketing fees.

Etsy ALSO makes money from the USPS, FedEx, etc. from making and pocketing the discount/kickbacks. Last but not least, since Etsy now collects the state sales taxes, they also get the kickbacks from the states for being the "collector". The sellers lost the ability of getting the kickbacks themselves from their Credit Card companies when Etsy forced their own payment system on everyone. We also lost our own sales tax kickbacks for collecting our own state sales tax. How about Etsy's accounting system? You will need to download several different forms to get all the info needed because Etsy accounting system. Etsy does NOT make your accounting easy. But hey they do offer a program to help you at an additional cost. (haha). Thinking of selling on Etsy? Then you deserve to know ALL OF THE COSTS for doing so.

Resolution response: Feb. 7, 2021

The company has agreed to refund.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

According to ETSY's policy, they don't do anything to order older than 100 days ago. That is, if you place an order, the seller says it is delayed and you wait without asking for a refund immediately, after 100 days, even the order is not and probably will never be shipped, you don't get anything back. Very disappointing policy as an online platform.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My Mom passed 12-14-2020. I came to Etsy to purchased some jewelry for her cremation ashes. Somehow I found these little gold hearts on the same page as the other 3 jewelry pieces I had purchased. So I ordered 2 of them, when I picked them up at my po box I discovered they were not for cremation ashes at all. I immediately contacted the store and Joanne told me I was too late. They have a 3 day policy and it had taken me 5 days. I explained that I needed these for cremation ashes and the reply I was give was it will cost me 20. Restocking fee. I tried contacting Etsy and each time I hit the submit button to report the incident nothing happened. So I tried calling Etsy and was informed I couldn't leave a message. So basically I'm out almost 100. Which is so wrong. I can not afford this. Please help me get my money refunded.

Etsy Company Information