2.6/5 (325 ratings)

About Etsy

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Etsy is supposedly about helping artists and craftspeople sell the their work. I saw unauthorized prints of my father's fine art in 2 stores. They were purchased at various brick & mortar stores and simply re-sold on Etsy. There are MANY sellers that are simply selling "vintage" items; NOTHING original. Grandma's old glassware, thrift store items, etc. If you search "vintage art print reproductions" or the like there is page after page.. it is no different from eBay. I contacted them and they confirm that this is not legit on Etsy, but they have told sellers the opposite. And, they seems to believe "vintage" is the 80's.. I am too disgusted to add any more details. I wonder where you go now for actual original art.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Etsy by far, is the WORST run company I have ever experienced. I have had a seller account for the last two years, making my first sale in January, 2023. Because some time has passed since first submitting my banking info, it needed to be updated. This was done with micro-deposits through Plaid, which I've never heard of. I verified my deposits with Plaid, but Etsy is experiencing MAJOR technical issues where they are unable to interface with my bank to deposit my funds, which are currently over $200. I have spent over 3 hours with their CHAT department, which is the ONLY way to connect with a human, if you're fortunate enough to catch someone.

This CHAT nonsense has been going on since Monday, Jan. 23 and today is Friday, the 27th. and still no resolution or access to my money. I sold a vintage clock to a customer TWO WEEKS ago, immediately after I made the sale. I'm now out product AND payment. During yesterday's CHAT session, employee 'LUIGI' decided it was appropriate to spout some dribble about a file in process about my account and proceeded to simply and ABRUPTLY end my chat. I'm not new to business. I have my own website and was simply using Etsy as an extension. I have since deleted my active listings from their site, for fear of making another sale that I'm not getting paid for. IF I ever get my money out of them, I will close the account.

This is absolutely ridiculous. These clowns can take money in, disable the financial arm of the site and hide by not providing ANY phone-based communication with their supposed customer service arm? Who does business this way? I feel I'm being generous here, giving any stars at all. I have a file number and was told Etsy will contact me when the issue is resolved. Supervisor Stephen gave me '50 FREE Listings' for my trouble... that's 50 more items I can give away and not be paid for. Really, Etsy - it's called 'E-Commerce' because theirs supposed to be money in exchange for goods. Get your act together. And YES, Consumer Affairs - PLEASE feel free to contact me!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Jan. 28, 2023

I wrote a bad review on this company thinking that my order was not sent in which it was so I am offering my deepest apologies to the company. It turned out to be the fault of the UPS on dishonesty on delivery. Again, I'm so sorry.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I ordered this product & supposedly delivered on the 1/23/2023 on my front doorstep (NOT). I tracked the package which stated it was delivered. In turn, I contacted the seller who told me to put a tracking on it & I did and it's still saying delivered. I have no problems with Amazon's deliveries & now all of a sudden my products are not delivered through Etsy.

Resolution response: Jan. 24, 2023

The package finally arrived without having updated on the tracking system. Still indicating it was abroad as of Jan.11 (yesterday was Jan.24).

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I have been asking for refund because the item I purchased is 2 weeks late coming. When I ask for refund they blame Canada Post saying they're the worst in the world and tell me to wait. Bought Jan. 9 Today Jan. 24. I will have to go through my bank, still it's time consuming. BEWARE Customer service is there to delay reimbursement in a way customers give up because of the hassle. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I wrote a 5 star review and tried to add a picture. The app kept freezing and wouldn't load the picture so I just left the review and decided to try again later. In the meantime the seller commented which made it impossible for me to add a photo. So I contacted Etsy and they deleted the review so I could start over... BUT you can't start over. This is the dumbest thing I've encountered for quite some time. Etsy limits your ability to edit a review??? WHAT? They did repost the original review but told me I can never add a picture or change the review once a review is commented on. So they're limiting the seller and buyers' ability to communicate to others their experiences, good or bad, it's ridiculous. This is unacceptable from an established company. What an amateur policy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I purchased a custom piece of furniture. The seller never sent product and only gave me a partial refund. Etsy has zero customer support. No phone number. Replies to none of my Emails. Would never use this site again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The seller, Mercy Platinum on ETSY has been allowed to continue to sell fraudulent Chanel, LV, Fendi and Gucci for a number of years. Each item I purchased, I have authenticated by a professional online luxury authentication service, the price is minimal compared to the price you spend for these luxury items, so it is worth it to me to know I didn't get ripped off. Well, ETSY is allowing this seller, MERCY PLATINUM to continue to sell, pirated and fraudulent, replicated knock offs. They should have their shop shut down.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

As a seller on Etsy starting back in 2014 I never had any problems with Etsy until the past year. Then again I'd only tried to get help from them once and that was in 2014. The experiences I have had this past year trying to get help has been hands down the worst of my life. I won't go into it all but I made sure I kept records of everything between us. Four times this past year they have suspended my shop, which basically means close to the public and the seller is limited in what they can do/see on the account. The suspensions came about because of a problem in their computer system.

The first time I went for help I got the usual run around you do from every customer help line. But I couldn't call and talk to a person. It had to be all via email. That was in January 2022. They never fixed the problem. I managed to make it numerous months before it happened again along with a problem of them not sending me notifications of important stuff (like helping my customers!) via neither email or the app of my phone. I was supposed to receive both.

It took 20 or so emails and 15 different customer representatives before any of them would even acknowledge my problems and attempt to do something. And that was only after directly calling them out about repeatedly ignoring my problems. That lasted for a day and then I got someone else who went right back to telling me to pay my bill (which technically wasn't due and under $60CAD) and they would open my shop back up. I got no help from them. Basically they kept telling me the problem wasn't their fault despite it being their computer system.

I have never received any form of apology or compensation for all the lost revenue. Even when I called them out on numerous occasions for directly lying to me and showed them the quotes from them they still would take no accountability. They started out a great company for handmade stuff and small time sellers. Now they let just about anyone sell on there and I see many shops selling the exact same listings. They love using the hashtag #standswithsmall. It should be more like #standsONsmall. They keep charging sellers more and more and refuse to hold up their end of the deal all the while the quality of their site is becoming more and more like Wish.com or Ebay.

I have read many many stories like my own in the seller community and other stories of even shadier dealings with Etsy. They are outright stealing money from the sellers who they make all their money from. Sellers are already leaving in droves and their stock fell 45% recently. They have dug a hole in their boat and they are sinking all because they decided to become greedy and start treating the people they make their money off of like garbage and an annoyance. I know I don't plan on even shopping on Etsy at all. I'll find the same sellers on other platforms if I like their stuff. I refuse to give any money to Etsy whatsoever. I know I've never in my life been made to feel so small and not worthy of their time or help. Because according to them they can do no wrong. Well it's easy to do no wrong when you don't do a thing. Sellers: Enter into dealings with Etsy at your own risk and cost.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I set up an ETSY account last week and the day after I opened the account I had a sale for one of my items. I mailed the item the same day and provided the tracking details, and the next day Etsy shutdown my seller account without any explanation. I had to send 10 emails and then they finally stated that I will not get my funds back because I violated their terms and conditions. They have not stated what terms I violated because they know it's not true. They have stolen my money and I lost my product because it was already shipped. I plan on reporting them to the highest level of business complaints regarding their fraudulent business dealings.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I recently purchased 2-2xl shirts for my son for Christmas, they sent me the right shirts but the wrong sizes. My son has disabilities so he was so excited to open them but once he put 1 on and it was the wrong size, that huge smile was gone, he was so upset that he spent the rest of his Christmas in his bedroom. I sent 3 emails to Etsy and have not even gotten a response. If anyone has a phone number I could call that would be great. I ordered under Quest and did not receive any receipt.

Etsy Company Information