Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5
Based on 1,055 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Had a couple bad experiences shipping outside the US where buyers said purchases weren’t received and couldn't be tracked after leaving the US; I promptly refunded without question. However, stopped selling outside US unless buyer was willing to pay costs for Priority Mailing with tracking and insurance. As a buyer you do need to beware, Etsy Sellers aren't Amazon. Especially now during covid. As far as Etsy not responding they’re based In New York City or surrounding areas where covid has been the worst. In past years they’ve returned Inquiries Within their 24 hr time frame. Low staffing isn’t uncommon during the pandemic in many businesses & wait times Longer.

If your seller provided a tracking number and purchase not received make your seller aware. Read Shipping Policies before purchasing ask the seller as many questions as needed. Some sellers pacifically state purchases received damaged or non deliveries aren’t refundable. My advise...protect yourself by requesting your seller ship Priority Mail before you pay for anything. Priority Mail is automatically insured for $50. Additional insurance can be purchased to cover full purchase price, I believe up to $500. The few extra $$ protects you and the seller & worth it to cover losses or damage incurred through shipping. As already said Etsy sellers are not Amazon. Does Etsy need to step up their game... Probably so. For the most part these are small business owners who can’t afford to incur losses & damages by Postal System Workers or Carriers.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I've ordered several face masks from Powerisus, through their site and also on Etsy. The masks are the best that I've ordered (and I've ordered a lot due to the virus). They are a reliable company. They reply to emails in a timely manner. The masks are inexpensive, but are similar to expensive masks. I love their styles. Highly recommend this company!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I just love the array of products that you can choose from on Etsy! The merchants on there are nice and from my experience, they usually respond back to you rather fast. I noticed that some people on here have said that they didn't receive their orders from some merchants on there, but I have never had any issues with any of my orders as long as I've been on there (3 years to be exact!) and I also got my mother, my aunt, and some other family and friends on to Etsy. So for my family, my friends, and myself, Etsy is our favorite shopping site!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I love Etsy and I'll continue shopping on their site. I had an antique item I bought, it arrived broken and Etsy would not help me in having the seller reimburse me. They did respond promptly to the case but there was no support and their reply was they do not intervene if the item is broken during shipment, which it was. As I've now learned, there is stark difference between Etsy and Ebay on this. But on an encouraging note, most sellers are honest and will do the right thing and you wouldn't have to escalate the case. Others unfortunately don't. I still think Etsy is a great place to shop.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Etsy offers a unique shopping experience in one of a kind merchandise from all over the world. I love the ability to buy hand made unique clothing and jewelry. They have something for everyone. The website is extensive and secure. So much to peruse and enjoy. Take a peek and you will surely find something for yourself or someone special.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

When Etsy first came on the scene it was a marketplace for real artists to sell their goods. Over the years it has deteriorated into nothing more than a glorified flea market. People buy stuff on Amazon, mark it up throw, their name on it and sell it as “handmade”. One year around Christmas I purchased personalized pajamas for my family from another seller—and I’m kidding you not- the woman scammed her buyers by faking her own death (she posed as her own friend and claimed she committed suicide) and kept the money she collected for the PJs. Soon after she simply reopened her Etsy business under another name and they did nothing about it. Etsy used to care about the artist—or so they claimed— they only care about money.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have a shop on Etsy. They have certain policies and guidelines and I believed that I stayed within them. They deactivated several of my listings for violating policy while allowing many other shop owners to advertise the same products and "violate" their policies without reproach. They have affected my income and my relationship with my customers with this unilateral and discriminatory practice. I brought this to their attention and they did nothing about it. They continue to allow other shops to sell all sorts of things violating their so-called policies.

The details are I sell herbal tinctures, herbs dissolved in an organic alcohol solution for preservation and extraction. I took away all medical claims that they could possibly help someone, as they said this was against their policy. Then they said I could not advertise anything with alcohol. Many other shops sell herbal tinctures and have a plethora of claims of how their tinctures can treat or heal certain illnesses, and are also made with alcohol. It's too many to count how many shops sell tinctures like this. In my opinion, this is a benign product and they are targeting certain shops and individuals for no apparent reason.

I also had keywords as tags (not an ingredient) on a leaf rattle I make, to help with search results, and they told me I could not use certain keywords even though there was nothing inherently wrong with those words and the word is not an ingredient, while there are other shops that sell the products with the keyword that they did not want, and all the ingredients (keyword) to make a psychedelic medicine. I am not selling anything psychedelic or illegal. However, they have deactivated my listings while others continue to sell the same product or "worse" without any redress in the situation.

This is blatant discrimination and they know it. There are many complaints like this where Etsy targets certain shop owners and leaves others alone, one can only assume it's because they're bringing in lots of money for them. Small home-based Artisans don't have the money to hire an attorney to fight these matters and they're taking advantage of these people. It is not only ethical but unconscionable. The public should know about this!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I usually don't write reviews on products and services, but I am a big advocate of customer service and consumer psychology. I created an Etsy account in 2017 but didn't order from them until late August 2020. My very first order took 2.5 weeks to receive from Texas and I currently live in Michigan until the end of the year. I figured because of COVID-19. After doing my OWN investigation, I found out that her local USPS facility was having shipping issues. I had to contact her LOCAL SENATOR to get help with my order. My second order arrived on time. My third order has not arrived yet. My fourth order arrived on time. And I’m waiting on my fifth order. I have found out that Etsy is not 100% accurate when it comes to shipment tracking. My third order was shipped on October 12, 2020, from California, and I have not received it yet. On Etsy, it says that the order was shipped by USPS, but the tracking number isn’t even correct on the USPS tracking website.

I called my local post office, and she said USPS never received the shipping label and that the tracking number I received is NOT a USPS tracking number, but Etsy said it was shipped by USPS. I had to do my OWN investigation again and found out that my order was shipped by Pitney Bowes. Pitney Bowes??? Etsy didn’t list Pitney Bowes as a carrier and my seller had no idea what I was talking about. Etsy needs to work on customer service. If you call them, you might not get a callback. There is no call center and you can’t talk to a live representative. Shipping cost too much, especially for an item(s) arriving in a 5x7 or 8x10 envelope. Please be careful when you buy from them and trust your gut. And if possible, research your seller.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I am an honest seller with a premium hand made product. All was going well when suddenly my account was suspended with no communication, no reason and no way to contact Etsy or the buyer. No communications were ever answered. I then found a customer who appears incapable of reading his tracking code and had complained of scamming. This company appears to be some weird law unto its own. I certainly would advise all sellers to beware as I consider Etsy to be a very low quality platform and should not be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

When I reported the following scam of a cheating seller's activities on Etsy, the Etsy support staff said to me: "You can rest assured that sellers who continually demonstrate an inability to fulfill business obligations in a professional, honest manner are permanently removed from our marketplace". However, not only it is not happening, but the seller cheated more to even the Etsy support, the support staff offered to gave me $50 gift card. But since it is to cover up the scammer's cheating, I told the Etsy support staff that I won't take it. Money is not everything.

Here is what happens: (1) In early August, an Etsy seller MaljiArts took my family member George's order of a carving of sandalwood item for US$900 that shipping in 25 days, with US$500 deposit and balance of US$400 payable before shipping the item. But MaljiArts never worked on this order seriously; (2) I assisted with this order of wood carving item. MaljiArts made me work very hard for two months to teach him how to correct all his negligent mistakes by describing the meanings of George's design. Until On 30th September, MaljiArts suddenly stopped replying to my messages.

(3) I reported this problem to Etsy Chat staff because I could not reach MaljiArts. Thereafter, an Etsy support staff informed me that he has contacted MaljiArts and MaljiArts suddenly messaged me to ask a question of George's design detail. (4) The Etsy support staff also advise me to "keeping a strong line of communication with the seller in regards to his order" after reading my message conversations with MaljiArts. Therefore, George asked MaljiArts to set up a proper selling listing (MaljiArts did not do so when requested the US$500 deposit) for him to pay the balance of US$400 and to ship the item after one week. In fact, the entire carving of the item should have been completed in about a week).

(5) MaljiArts suddenly "closed" George's order and told everyone, include the Etsy support staff, that he won't sell the item and would "refund" George's US$500 deposit the same day. (6) George has to follow MaljiArts' instruction to request the US$500 refund, but MaljiArts canceled George's request by giving George a different PayPal email account. George immediately used the new PayPal account that given by MaljiArts to send the refund request again, MaljiArts still does not pay the money.

Furthermore, (7) In the meantime, MaljiArts made a listing to sell the near completed order of George's design. We only realised at this point in time that MaljiArts is not only a scammer but also a thief, he stole George's design and even used my explanation as its Etsy listing description.(8) Since I continually reported to the Etsy that MaljiArts still doesn't pay his initiated "refund" of the US$500, MaljiArts sent everyone, include the Etsy support staff, his chat screenshot with PayPal, to tell me that Maljiarts DOES NOT have money in his PayPal account to pay his US$500 refund to George. Therefore, the refund is not paid because MaljiArts asked PayPal to use PayPal's money to pay the US$500 refund and book it as a "negative amount" to MaljiArts' PayPal account. MaljiArts has said to everyone that: now it is PayPal's responsibility to pay the US$500 to George, that it has nothing to do with MaljiArts' anymore.

What a completely professional scam! It is far beyond our imagination that this can happen on Etsy's selling platform with Etsy's support. Since I am not allowed to write this directly on MaljiArts' store within Etsy system, I have to write this horrible experience in this review platform regarding Etsy. Now, we paid this Etsy seller US$500 and worked extremely hard for two months to teach MalljiArts for him to steal George's original design work. Etsy wanted to use $50 gift card as the solution for this problem.

Etsy Company Information