Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5
Based on 2,331 ratings submitted in the last year

Etsy Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Etsy offers a unique shopping experience in one of a kind merchandise from all over the world. I love the ability to buy hand made unique clothing and jewelry. They have something for everyone. The website is extensive and secure. So much to peruse and enjoy. Take a peek and you will surely find something for yourself or someone special.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I found that Etsy was very professional to deal with and delivered a quality product in an efficient time frame. I would consider shopping with them again in a heartbeat. The Seller I dealt with was good. I know there may be some who aren't so great but my experience was very positive.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I order a birthday gift for my niece and the selection was wonderful, she wanted a 80's theme, and they had all kinds of gifts. The checkout time was so fast, and the website is so easy to navigate. I even left a message for the seller, and her reply was really fast and professional. I recommend that site to my sister and my brother, I love it for anything you might need for gift giving, thank you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

98% Positive. I love Etsy, have found many unique and cool things over the years, mostly Positive experiences. I am experiencing more and more Sellers not responding to questions about an item or receiving my money for an item then not mailing it and not responding to messages. I had one seller blatantly lie to me and other buyers about not receiving items after we were told they had been shipped, they had not been. This particular seller would then lie on the reviews, Funny her shop is closed now. Does the administration look over sellers' commitment to the buyers and or check on the Sellers' Reviews to keep dishonest sellers in check? I will keep on supporting the Stellar Sellers who show Respect and Professionalism as I will towards them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

It is so easy to add an item to your seller list with the Etsy app. Each category or question that needs to be answered is very easy to access and complete, unlike other company seller apps that make it difficult to view what needs to be completed and that you have completed that category. Etsy is the absolute BEST!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: March 28, 2020

I placed an order for a handmade table on 1/24/20, the advertisement states they will be shipped out between 3 and 5 weeks. I waited and didn’t reach out to the seller with a status update until 2/18/20. I was greeted with an out of office message that she was taking some time off. No problem, she responded on 2/25/20 with an update that she would “need a few more days to get the finish work done” since the weather was not so great for curing the piece. No problem, I waited again until 3/2/20 asking if I could get signature confirmation on the package so I knew when to be home to receive the package. I received no response until I followed up again on 3/12/20. She responded same day that there was a FedEx pickup scheduled on Saturday, 3/14/20, and the package would arrive by Wednesday, 3/18/20, by 8pm. I ask for the tracking information on 3/16/20 and received it right away.

I thought it was odd that the tracking information was created but there was no movement on the package so I asked if it was coming on Wednesday or not. I waited at my house all day on Tuesday, 3/17/20 since the label told me it would arrive that day instead of Wednesday. Then mysteriously by 10pm the label updated with no tracking information. I told the seller to not send out the package if it wouldn’t arrive by Wednesday since I would be out of town. I was actually planning on being out of town the weekend prior but had to wait until the package would come on Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday morning, 3/18/20, to find my entire order was refunded. I asked if the table was even finished. I never received a response. Overall I waited almost two months for a table that will never come.

I took a chance getting a nice handmade table on Etsy, supporting a local business, but after this experience I will not be doing business with anyone on Etsy. The customer service of these sellers is appalling and you as the buyer have to constantly reaching out for status updates getting more and more worried that you have been scammed and your $300 is gone just like that. I went to go write this review and surprise, if a buyer cancels an order, there is no way to get in touch with the seller or Etsy, or even leave a review for terrible service. Their entire website is run by bots, there are no customer service numbers and no help at all. At least with other sites you can get in touch with the company if a seller tries to scam you. Apparently you have to go on the internet and complain about things in order to get any resolution. I deleted my account on Etsy and am no longer doing business with them.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Etsy is one of the worst companies in the world. 1- I'm the owner of the Unicorina clothing shop and they closed my shop primarily and when I contacted them in the chat they closed the chat on my face and blocked me from getting any help through Etsy chat. 2- After that I tried to contact them through legal and integrity mails and they apologized for this issue and they opened the shop again And I was very happy about this.

3- After two months when my shop starting to getting sales After a great effort and hiring 3 of graphic designers in my country for my store and a large cost to set up the store they closed my account again for no reason. 4- I tried to contact them again but no one responded to all of the emails that I sent from my e-mail. 5- I tried to open a support case to Etsy in the help center but no one responded until now!!

6- I didn't lose hope, so I tried to post my problem in the Etsy forum and two days later I was surprised that they blocked me from entering the Etsy forum. 7- I think Etsy is the most racist site and does not concern anyone but I will publish a detailed article confirming this possibility on the official website of the store. 8- I bought more than 6 digital products for my store before closing my account and today I cannot access the products that I have purchased. 9- Finally I strictly adhere to Etsy's rules and I really walk beside the wall in Etsy and don’t know why my account is disabled until now And why this despicable transaction with customers and sellers. 10- I will open a case against Etsy in the BBB organization, and I will not stop until I receive my right or find a satisfactory solution for me.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Be careful entering your credit card info in this website as a seller. Your information will be stolen and your bank account emptied. Still dealing with the bank to figure out who charged my account for 7,000 dollars. Be careful this site is not secure, just stick to Amazon people!!! Be wise!!! Having to deal with this I also found out that they like their market sellers to be **. So ** people, Hispanics and all other non ** have some dignity and shop somewhere else. You can’t be dying that much to buy whatever stuff you probably can get somewhere else and keep your business among our people. Stop funding these haters.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I brought those items on Etsy website and I never received them. After unresolved attempts, I turned to Better Business Bureau and I still did not get my money back because Etsy does not stand behind the sale and do not have in place a remedy for scams on their site, so therefore I lost my money.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I signed up to sell with Etsy having sold on other sites across the Internet including Amazon and Ebay. During the process of verifying my banking information, which was incredible invasive compared to any other website out there, they asked to verify the first 2 numbers of my social. Who asks for that? I answered another one of their security questions and then it immediately defaulted and said that I had to send a picture of myself holding my license. No explanation as to why. It's not like I haven't signed up with online selling sites before and never had this problem. Etsy is based out of New York City and after doing some research they've been linked to Identity theft having to do with the new New York laws and the flood of Illegal immigrants going there. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. They will steal YOUR IDENTITY.

Etsy Company Information