3.9/5 (2903 ratings)

About Etsy

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I like Etsy, I buy a lot through it and I recommend it. What I don't like is Etsy not enforcing its own regulations. One such rule says that sellers are not allowed to sell items that mock or demean any group or religion. Several Etsy sellers sell "art" that mocks Christianity. If they sold posters, prints and other items that mocked Islam, for example, you can bet those sellers would get an earful from Etsy. The issue isn't honest criticism of a religion, it's mean spirited mocking, and Etsy lets it slide.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I started using Etsy for gift purchasing during the pandemic. I want to support small artisans, and their creativity. I am very careful about the vendors I use. I try hard to confirm that they are a small business, based in the USA, before I place my order. So the onus is on me to make sure I’m selecting a reputable seller. 90% of my purchases have gone off without a hitch.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Just wanted to say the Etsy.com realized my shipment would not arrive by Christmas and gave me a full refund and are sending me my sweatshirt worth almost 60.00 bucks. They did not have to do that and most companies would not do what they did! If you want to shop with a very respectful company and a company who backs up their products and refunds you 100% if not delivered on the date they said I highly recommend this company. Very hard to find honest people these days let alone companies!!! Thank you Etsy for refunding my total amount and going to give me my Steelers sweatshirt! Sincerely Lynette **. Ps Merry Christmas. Ps want to give a shout out to Frank from this company who messaged me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I had ordered a wedding cake topper from Etsy and even paid for express shipping to have it delivered on time for the wedding. I find out later that it was the fault of DHL delivery service that was to blame for the item being late and in no way the fault of Etsy. The item was to be delivered to me by Nov. 19-23. It was delivered to DHL in Birmingham, AL and was being held there. I contacted them after tracking it on line. I was told they did not have the item. DHL said they had already shipped it to the post office in Double Springs, AL.

I kept checking at the post office and was told that tracking showed the item was still being held at DHL. I was even willing to drive 75 miles one way to pick it up from them to have it by the day of the wedding. I was told again that they did not have it. DHL finally mailed the item to the post office, a week after the wedding. Etsy has since credited my account for the cost of the item and for the shipping cost. I feel as though DHL should have to reimburse Etsy for the cost since they are not to blame. Etsy has proven to go above and beyond for customer approval ratings and rightfully deserves this approval.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I've ordered from various Etsy vendors/stores over the years. The products have been consistently excellent in quality with only a couple of exceptions. I love that so many vendors offer beautiful, hand-crafted items. My orders usually arrive within a reasonable time-period, and I've only had 3 mixups -- all resolved -- where the wrong item was sent.

These are the issues I have with the site:
    1) Cost of return shipping for items which don't work out can be VERY high -- often in the $50-$100 US dollar range, even if the item weighs very little. This is because many Etsy vendors are located overseas.
    2) If you have an issue with an order, you may find yourself needing to communicate in a foreign language. I faced this situation and had to use online translation apps in an attempt to locate a missing package shipped from Romania.
    3) Every vendor has different policies, so you must be careful to read the fine print before placing an order.

4) The Etsy support team is very courteous and helpful once you reach them, but that can take awhile -- contact and attempt to resolve your issue with the vendor is required first.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Etsy has probably the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I'm on day 11 of my support request and still no... support. I received an automated reply that has absolutely nothing to do with my request. Days later I get a "hey we don't think we responded to your request". I replied and let them know that I hadn't. Still nothing. I keep asking for help and eventually (days later) get a response from someone asking for information they already have. I replied with what they requested and now it's silent again. I've never experienced a more dysfunctional customer service department. Either that or they simply do not care about the people who keep the business running.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I bought curry leaf on sep 15th with expected delivery on Sep 21; never received the item and reached out to the seller. He replied me to contact the customs with import permit! There is no guarantee you will receive the item from this seller.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Ordering on this website is very difficult. I have been trying to order a teardrop necklace for my pet's ashes. I have tried 5 times, with no luck. I am wondering if this is a legitimate site that orders can actually be placed on. It is awful! I think the BBB needs to be informed so they can investigate the legitimacy of the site. I had looked at many different sites and containers that would suit my needs. I finally find something I like and I can't get it ordered. C. **

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I ordered a ring on Etsy and it never arrived. Over 30 USD down the drain, I definitely won't be using them again. I don't know how they expect people to shop with them if there are no guarantees that your money won't just go to waste. Hopefully this review prevents someone else from going through the same experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

There is a seller on Etsy by the name MadeByMelLLC from Grove Cty Ohio. Her name is Melissa. On Aug 26, 2021 I placed an order from her website. It was a bowl cozy and I never received it. I wrote her a note telling her this and she did respond back to me but apologizing for the inconvenience and she said she will check the post office. She also said that she mailed out two bowl cozies free of charge for the inconvenience. I haven’t received them either. Everything she supposedly mailed out to me I didn’t received any of them. I wrote her another message a few days ago. I went back and she doesn’t respond to me. I called my bank to explain what had happened and I did get a full refund of my money back to me.

The point is, I am very reluctant to go back to Etsy and buy anything from the website. I don’t feel like it is safe. I am now worried that this Melissa has my information “credit card number”. I don’t know what they can do about this. Probably nothing and this is why I will no longer shop at Etsy. I am sorry but I will not support any small business ever again. I have already closed my account but I wanted you all to know this information. I think you don’t have trustworthy people that sell items on Etsy. Not all of them are bad but they are a lot out there. I can't even get in touch with any team members to tell them about this problem. This world we are living in is sad.

Etsy Company Information