3.39/5

937 Etsy Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I hear a lot of complaining about what is wrong with Etsy. I've been a seller for over 10 years - a reputable seller with thousands of positive feedback addressing the quality of product, responsible shipping and responsive customer service. I have a few things to say in defense of the many wonderful buyers and sellers on Etsy. Then I'll honestly review Etsy itself.

FOR SELLERS: If you are going to sell on any site you had better prepare yourself. I studied business in college and have years of experience but you don't need a degree. There are a myriad of ways to study the market, make a business plan and perfect your skills. Start with your local library if you are into DIY or take a course online. I draw on lots of information to make certain I know what the market is for my product, pursue advertising, fair pricing and to make certain I am 100% transparent in my transactions.

I also apply those same goals as a buyer. While no business is perfect, what you put into it is what you get out of it so I work on my relationship with Etsy. There are shops on Etsy who are sloppy in presentation, don't give enough information, are not informative nor transparent in their listings, post terrible photos and absolutely nothing is done professionally. Etsy makes its process for opening a shop easy to follow but there is so very much more to it than just filling in forms.

If you want an honest review of your shop and have a desire to fulfill its potential, hire someone who can assess your plan before opening and give helpful feedback. It should be your goal to seek education. Before opening my shop I sought advice from an attorney, financial planner and other professionals. I wanted to be the best I could be and they helped me achieve that. Also, if you have never drawn up a business plan, it is a free service through the Small Business Administration. Finally, be prepared to have losses. That is what the Profit and Loss portion of your business taxes is for. You are not going to win every time. If your time is worth more than the loss, it really is not a loss to make the choice to move on. Keep good records so you can back up any claims you make to the IRS.

FOR BUYERS: Every buyer has a responsibility to take the time to read a shop's policies, convey any questions to the seller and thoroughly assess the shop and product. I know there are legitimate buyer concerns and many have had bad experiences, even so many have had positive experiences but why do the complaints seem louder than the positive feedback? Informed buyers need to look for informed sellers. Hold the seller responsible for delivering what they say they will deliver and let them know you are a savvy, serious, informed buyer. If the seller has any interest in their shop, they will respond immediately to fulfill what they promised you. Speak with authority but don't be aggressive; be kind with your words and politely address the problem after having thoroughly thought through your response. Don't speak off-the-cuff - not many people are successful at speaking impulsively.

Treat the seller as you want to be treated, with respect. I have cancelled orders and processed refunds to people who are rude and disrespectful. I politely tell them I can't fulfill their order and then I immediately process a refund. If you are buying from an artist ask LOTS of questions and be certain you listen carefully to their answers. If your gut tells you there is reason to distrust, move on. Most reputable artists will have lots of information to back up their ability to deliver. Ask what their turnaround time is, read all feedback, bring your expectations to their attention. If you are buying collectibles or supplies know your product. Many are the times people have made impulsive choices only to regret them later. Most shops are small and can't offer refunds so be sure to read the refund policy. If it does not suit you, move on.

RE: ETSY: I identified Etsy's shortcomings years ago, some have been eliminated while others remain and I work around them. No business, no buyer, no seller is perfect. Etsy still stands as the most innovative online venue in the U.S. There are plenty of other venues but they are not as successful nor do they have the customer base. So it is in any seller's best interest to learn what they can and cannot expect from Etsy. Their customer service department is not good at responding to individual questions or complaints but to be fair, a lot of those complaints could be alleviated if buyers and sellers would just treat each other as they want to be treated and if they both took their respective aims seriously. That means preparing to be a wise consumer and a responsible seller. It is ridiculous to expect Etsy to field a lot of complaints.

Ask yourself first if there is something you could have done better. Etsy could do a better job of servicing sellers but if you are a seller you'd better be prepared to operate independent of Etsy's involvement. Let's face it, they have a huge investment in growth, innovation and investors. So perhaps they don't focus as much growth and innovation in the area of customer service. Instead, they have succinct directives for finding your way through the mazes within Etsy. Read them, study them, apply them. Then there is the Etsy community. It works when people put their heads together and share information on how to fix things. Etsy reads the community forums and keeps a finger on the pulse of both the buying and selling communities. As I stated before, it is not a perfect system, but it is a workable if you apply yourself.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Etsy has changed my life for the better. I am now selling on Etsy full time and making more than many of my peers are. It's only a good site for sellers IF you fully read the seller handbook and work hard at running your shop. It isn't a "list and get rich" website - you need to put a lot of work into making your shop appealing for customers. However, Etsy provides buyers that wouldn't otherwise find me on another site or my own. Their search tool, commercials/marketing, and reputation attracts buyers and makes it easy for them to find items like mine! If you have had a bad experience as a seller, I would suggest doing more research into SEO, marketing, photography, and more. Also, their fees are unlike any other platform that offers just as big as a customer base. I am so thankful to be an Etsy seller and will continue to be for years to come!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

5 stars for a job well done in customer service via disputes. After a grueling 6 month investigation Etsy removed a Seller who was falsely attacking my store and items by posting false statements. This egregious Seller believes that the rules of good and fair business behavior do not apply to them. I blocked the Seller on both Etsy and eBay and hoped that they would leave me alone. The Seller was buying my items on eBay and re-selling them on Etsy at triple the price which is the reason I blocked the Seller before selling on Etsy. When I started selling on Etsy the Seller attacked me for being a competitor with many predatory tactics to have me removed but it all backfired on the Seller. Interesting how my items were not fake until I started selling on Etsy. The Seller had their spouse/family and friends cyber bully me because I was competition to Seller's inferior items and yes those people (spouse/family and friends) were removed off Etsy as well.

Had it not been for the honesty of a buyer who reported the Seller's misdeeds to me I would have been blindsided. The Seller went after the buyer who reported the Seller by messaging and calling the buyer vicious names. The Seller was removed for selling fake merchandise and misuse of campaigning misrepresentations. The Seller is as phony as their fake items. Unfortunately, the Seller has now moved onto eBay where they changed their store name the day they were booted off Etsy which looks very suspicious and I see it as a RED flag. If you do buy any Disney charms on eBay from this Seller just give them the soap and water test and if the patina washes away then it is recast/painted/inked and it's FAKE.

The audacity to project their lies onto me was very scary and to accuse Etsy of removing them without warning is ridiculous. Etsy did give fair warning and guidance and I believe they would never just kick anyone off without provocation which the Seller repeatedly did daily for 6 months which was strange. I never attacked the Seller but I defended myself and I believed that blocking them would prevent an ugly situation but the Seller was constantly stalking me which was more tax strange and very creepy. It's so laughable the way the Seller falsely claims that they were the victim. The blocking feature on Etsy needs to be more ironclad to prevent this awful situation from happening ever again. I wonder how many other sellers this Seller had booted off Etsy and eBay because of their lies? Justice was served by Etsy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

It was a bit depressing to read all 1 star reviews and I wonder if anyone writes positive reviews here... I am 5 star Etsy seller and buyer also on occasions when something really unusual catches my eye. ** Etsy store which I represent isn't the old one and I am working very hard to get more customers (I can guarantee your 100% satisfaction) and take pride of what I make and sell as it's a solid ground to my mission to revival of Victorian afternoon tea ceremony tradition and it's centerpiece - tiered bone china cake stand. Etsy in this case is a selling platform where my voice could be heard and what I make could be seen and bought around the Globe. That is a very positive point and important one as well.

When so many people had bad experiences with Etsy I would think that many of you actually had bad experiences with so many bad sellers. But trust me there are so many creative, talented and really dedicated to their art and craft people among Etsy sellers who will melt your heart with unusual things they make and rely on YOU - their customers to support their craft by buying it and allow them to create even better things. You, possibly, were not lucky enough yet to come across them.

As on any selling site, you have to look at seller's previous reviews which reflects their selling experience and their personal customer service as well as customer's satisfaction. I can't comment on official Etsy responses and dealing with every individual cases (and not going to try that) but seller is the person who has to be contacted first and trust me we do care about our shops brand and make everything possible to solve the problems which occur between us and our customers. If third party is involved into the caused problems, every Etsy shop has POLICIES about third party involvement. AS a CUSTOMER you have to just read them and understand what sellers base their actions on.

I hope this review will bring a bit of brightness among gloomy negative reviews. Pursue your rights as a customer (that is paramount) but don't make your final opinion and leave it negative one based on one bad shopping experience with one not very professional seller. You've tried the rest... Now try the best. ** Etsy store will give you warm homely welcome as it says on a tin. Put your feet back and enjoy nice cup of tea and let me do the work.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Hi there! I've run my Etsy shop since October 31st, 2014. I have almost 15k sales and a 5-star rating. I understand that some of you have had bad experiences, and I am SO VERY SORRY for that, However most of the sellers on Etsy work incredibly hard to provide the BEST experience possible for buyers. Yes, there are scam artists on any site. If you have issues, you can file a claim with Etsy. If Etsy cannot help you, you can file a credit card chargeback. Paying with PayPal can also add an extra layer of protection. Sometimes credit card companies deny a chargeback, due to not understanding the full situation. Persistence in asking to speak to a manager through the credit card company can certainly help, as well as accounting out an issue and sending it via email and speaking to someone on the phone, after you submit a chargeback.

Just as much as there are scam sellers, shops also encounter scam buyers. So it's honestly a two-way street. (That's not to say that sellers should ever accuse buyers of scamming or treat them straight away as scammers.) It sucks when it happens on either side, especially because we'd like to believe Etsy as a whole, is about connecting people and celebrating handmade items.

I adore the platform and have only ever had the best buying and selling experiences. My customers are incredibly and normally when there is an issue with an order, I'm able to resolve it right away, without anyone getting upset. We just need to remember that there are people behind each computer and regardless of the situation, as an Etsy seller, it's our job and responsibility to help our customers, no matter the situation.

I hope this helps explain how Etsy works and how to help facilitate the best experience possible. IN terms of scam shops, a lot of shops selling Disney/Marvel and other copyrighted material, tend to be shops that either get shut down or scam customers. They are selling items with artwork that does not belong to them. If you try to avoid shops like that, it should also help ensure you won't be scammed.

As far as faking reviews or sales, it isn't very possible or something that would actually be cost effective. Etsy takes money from every sale, and they monitor sales/reviews to ensure people are not purchasing items from the same location. If a shop has hundreds/thousands of sales, there is a very high chance that those are legitimate sales and reviews. <3 <3 I hope this helps! <3 <3

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Around last Christmas, I bought a pair of hoops from FrancineJewelry shop based in Jersey City, NJ. After a few months of my purchased, I contacted Patricia, the woman who runs the shop, asking her if she was sure the hoop she sold me was 10mm. After buying a new hoop from another seller, I found out it wasn't 10mm. Not only the hoop was the wrong size, but when I took it out of my hear, the "silver hoop" was turning black (I don't use creams in my ear and I wash my hair once a week). I immediately contacted the seller letting her know WITH A PICTURE of what was going on.

After no response from the seller, I contacted Etsy. They told me that since that was bought pass the time they could not open a case, there wasn't much they could do about it. They COULD NOT CONTACT THE SELLER ??? to claim anything and that they will escalate the issue to another department and they will contact me within 48 hours. I called twice. ETSY didn't contacted me back in either of the two calls.. Eventually and out of the blue, the seller returned me the money with no words to messages. Unnecessary time consuming figuring it out, writing and calling. Very disappointed with Etsy.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Signed up with them in Jan 2019 with my shop, filled in their forms, jumped through their hoops, sent all the required documents. Got my first order yesterday 20/06/19. The order is still laying in my inbox marked as "Unpaid" because apparently there is an issue with my account. I had to send them my ID details AGAIN, now there is no way to get in contact with the Security & Trust team other than through email.

It took them 6 hours to get back to me yesterday when asking what's happening, received an email this morning asking for more documents. I am in Australia, it is 06:45 here, my day has started. They are all in the US and at their head office it is 18:45 so they have all gone home. Now if I'm lucky I MIGHT get an email back today. This is the most unprofessional group of people I ever have had the misfortune of dealing with.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Disgusted that my family member has been ripped off repeatedly by Etsy sellers who claim to have many pieces of 'Therapeutic Quality Gemstones Jewelry with RAW, UNTREATED beads' selling for big bucks. These are citrine, smoky quartz and other stone beads that 99% of (on the market) are treated. The current seller refuses, to disclose, her source of these ultra rare (unheard of) untreated stone beads. Yet, she calls me 'rude' for asking for her supplier's name. These charlatans are ripping off sick, depressed & desperate people, who're looking for healing in RAW UNTREATED and real stones. Instead of using real, untreated stones of another type these sellers just say whatever they can to sell, sell, sell cheap, dyed, heated, irradiated and downright fake stones at high prices. Disgusting to see these people profiting from sick and desperate people. We will never buy anything from Etsy again.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I wanted to sell on Etsy and was super excited about it, but when they required my Bank account number, routing number (with only this info someone can have access to my bank account without my knowledge), DOB, four last digits of Social security in order to confirm my identity with a third party. Which third party??? I felt that it is not ok to have to give all my personal and sensitive information in order to be confirmed as a seller. With all the identity theft and websites hacking one does not know if they will be able to protect my info 100%. Unfortunately I decided not to sell on Etsy. I preferred my peace of mind than probably having problems in the future. Other websites are more selected and confirm identity without requiring this info. Also they do not offer the PayPal at first as a way for them to pay the seller. It has to be Etsy. I do hope they reconsider and change their policy.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Have you noticed there are zero bad reviews on any of the products on Etsy. that is because ETSY allows the sellers DELETE any review they don't like. I bought a $300 ring, fell apart from day 1. Seller said, "go ** yourself." So I left a bad review. Within an hour it was deleted. I will NEVER SHOP FOR ANYTHING on ETSY again. Be warned and wary of 370 reviews that are all 5 stars with ZERO criticism of the seller.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I opened my jewelry store on Etsy a year and a half ago, Few months before Christmas. On Christmas I had around 60 listings. It went pretty nice (nothing to get rich from). So I was excited, took a flight to the Far East to get gemstones, spent so much money, came back, multiplied my listings and boom!! No more ranking on the search agents, lost money, lost time and aggravation. Contacted Etsy, no compassion, no one cared, my store got suspended cause the bills started to pile up. They said I made a profit of $80 !!!! For the whole Christmas from their sponsored listings so no reason to help me here. Disgusting. The fees there are residuals.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I've been an Etsy buyer for almost 10 years, spending easily thousands of $ on both domestic and international purchases. Most (85-90%) of my dealings have been error free. However, the handful of times I've had issues have been so stressful and the process so drawn out that they've outweighed the good. Be especially careful with international sellers, which add a layer of potential complications.

In the past 6 months, I've had to open 3 non receipt cases with non responsive or combative sellers. And though I *eventually* got my money back or the item resent, it was very stressful. One of those 3 lasted more than 4 months! The Etsy customer service reps kept telling the seller to refund my money ($230) or her shop would be suspended. Nothing. That went on for a week or so before I finally filed a complaint about Etsy with the Better Business Bureau because they don't enforce their own policies! Bottom line, there are a lot of honest and professional sellers, but the few rotten apples greatly overshadow them. Especially when you could potentially be out hundreds of $. Like other people on here said, having a lot of 5-star reviews doesn't mean your experience will also be stellar.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have been a seller on Etsy since 2008. They have changed their selling parameters and fees many, many times since then, for the worse. They now charge sellers three or four separate fees every time they sell an item. A listing fee, a percentage of the sale total once an item sells, a “processing” fee and a relisting fee. They charge fees unfairly and I feel that they are trying to create profits for themselves by robbing sellers, a little at a time. Taking an extra 20 or 40 cents from every seller for each sale may seem like it is not much, but multiply that over millions of items.

For example, I have some items with multiple color variations and all are unique. I had a listing with four items available. I sold three to one buyer in a single transaction leaving only one more available. I had already paid the original listing fee and it was still in effect. I was charged three separate additional relisting fees for each item that was sold even though there was only one more item available. Stealing from the sellers is business as usual at Etsy. Perhaps they think stealing small amounts will not be noticed by the seller, but I noticed and called customer support. They told me that is how they do it. Charging three listing fees for the single item is unacceptable.

I also believe they have the shipping calculator set up to overcharge the customer if the seller is not using the Etsy labeling. I have to refund more than half what they charge the customer for shipping every time because they overcharge saying they are using standard postal rates. This is untrue. I send my items from the post office via priority mail and it never, ever costs near what Etsy charges the buyer. I believe they are using tactics designed to discourage the buyers from purchasing from sellers not using the Etsy shipping labels by grossly inflating the shipping charges on sellers not helping them profit even more than usual from the shipping fees.

There is no reason whatsoever they should take a percentage of what the buyer pays for shipping. That is theft in my opinion. It is not money paid for an item, it is the shipping cost. They do not have any business taking money out of the shipping cost. They constantly pressure sellers to offer free shipping even when it would cost more than the sale price of the item to ship it because it is heavy. I do not believe Etsy runs their business with any kind of honesty or morals. They use others who work hard to create unique items and then bleed them dry.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Hello. I was new to Etsy. I started this month. I make my prints myself or I use free stock or I buy stock photos. Nothing is illegal. Nevertheless Etsy has deactivated my account without explanation. For all people who want to buy or sell via Etsy think carefully before you start investing your precious time in Etsy. I do not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My experience with this place disgusting and the biggest rip off I experience. I purchase some placemat with embroidery and on the same day I cancel the product. I send a message to Etsy. They tell me to deal with the vendor. I send message to the vendor, no reply. Send again, she responded, "I don’t do return, cancellation or refunds or credit card." But she took my credit cards. And you order will be sending on 6/11/2019 and tell me the purchase will not be cancel. This purchase was done on 6/6/2019: on the same day I tried to cancel and sends more request to cancel, no responses. On the 6/7/2019 she sending a message the my purchase will not be cancel. So I call Etsy to the 1-800-659-3879, after discussing with this lady she told me the same as the seller - no cancellation, no returns no credit card - and I told her the I pay with my VISA card.

She put me on hold, after 3 minutes she tell me sorry but I must deal with the seller and to deal with her. So I send again a message to cancel the I don’t wanted. After four hours I she respond, "Hi I am working but some send you order today 6/7/2019." First was the 6/11/2019 when I try to stop with my bank this purchased the bank the when I receive the package not to open and send back if they have a return address. I never have in my 75 years this kind of problems with this kind of shops of business. Will not have 24 hours cancellation policy or returns of any kind of merchandise. I hoped the bank gets better result. I reads some of complaints. This Etsy mostly is a nest of people of not good characters, corrupts and thief’s. They can’t continue in business in the USA???? My name is Maria **. 6/7/2019. Thank you.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I bought some yarn on Etsy from a "supposed" 5 star seller, so I felt very comfortable purchasing yarn from this shop, FineAccessoryStudio, run by Alex **. I didn't receive the yarn after several weeks so I e-mailed the seller asking if there was a way to track the shipment, to which she replied "no"; she because she tries to keep the cost down, so she doesn't track it. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and gave it another week, and when I e-mailed her again I did not get a reply. Etsy is basically not doing anything about it it. I am not sure if I'll get anything back through PayPal. BUYER BEWARE WITH ETSY. GOOD RATINGS MEAN NOTHING. PERHAPS FRIENDS OR FAMILY GAVE HER THE GOOD RATINGS, but I am now out $56. If you want handmade items, I recommend Amazon's Handmade Dept over Etsy any day. Not worth the risk.

Original review: May 30, 2019

This was my first time with Etsy, so I naturally had my suspicions. But still I had placed the order for a customised Necklace since I couldn't find any suitable options on other websites. The order was all placed and I had paid the amount for it as well. This was on 17th May. Am still waiting for the order. So I thought let's call the contact centre to see what's going on. I call them and the guy says the seller has been suspended on 19th May and I won't get my order any more. If the seller was suspended on 19th May and it is 31st May now what were they doing until now without informing me about this.

When I asked this to the representative over phone he couldn't give a proper response to me. All he said was he wishes things worked that way @ Etsy. I mean what?? You wish!!! What does that even mean. What did Etsy think, that I will just keep quiet and forget my order. Seriously irresponsible answer and clearly he had no power over all this as seems like this is the way Etsy operates. Now am not sure after how many millennia am going to get my refund and how many times I have to follow up for it. Gearing up for more calls and follow ups for my money.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Etsy implemented Etsy Pay to obviously capture some of the transaction fees involved. I live in Japan, which wasn't eligible for Etsy pay probably due to regulatory issues, but bank in the U.S. When I didn't sign up for Etsy Pay, they suspended my account despite the fact that being a resident of Japan, I couldn't sign up. When I complained, they fixed it, but my traffic went to zero. When I inquired about this impact, they admitted that their action caused the drop in my traffic and they offered $15 in credit. They then credited me $14.00. Seriously, they are completely clueless. I'm now looking for another platform.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I purchased twice from this website in both cases I never got my package delivered. This site might work somehow in the US, it is definitely a failure for international services. Both sellers were rude and defensive. They probably knew that the item will not reach its destination but kept on telling me that it was my fault for not knowing which shipment option to choose. That the standard shipment is out of their hands and there is no cancellation option. While checking on the status of my package, last note I saw was put on over 20 days prior to me start looking for answers. The website blocks negative reviews, it doesn't allow its website to be rated nor there is any contact us option ever available, thus no customer services whatsoever. While the amount I spent is not big and I am not worried about money, I strongly not recommend to anyone making any purchases on it to avoid stress and frustration.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Sold two items to a buyer. She called when she received them and said that despite my very good and careful wrapping and packaging the items one broke. I asked her to send me photos of the item and I would refund her. She did not send the photos. I did not hear from her again until she opened up a case. Etsy sided with her despite her saying it was broke in transit, which in the Etsy 'rules' she could not open a case but would have to go take it up with the post office. Etsy ruled in her favor and forced a refund. I am very sure the item did not break and I got scammed. Closed my shop and will look elsewhere to sell my items where I won't get scammed.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Purchased a comforter from ModifiedTot via Etsy. The backing was supposed to come in "Soft White" Color and pillowcases "Taupe color" per the sellers description. Upon arrival the comforter had a taupe backing, not a soft white. I asked for a return and was denied. I took screenshots and also sent in photos showing the color and the case was closed.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Our shop JamcarCreations was removed from Etsy without warning. We sell wood watches with our name and Logo on them. LORD & LION is our brand. Our website is www.lord-lion.com. We never tried to deceive anyone into believing we made them ourselves. We disclosed they came from China where we have them manufactured. Ryan from Etsy wrote us that our item did not fit into Etsy’s items allowed to be sold. There are numerous sellers of wood watches on Etsy that do claim they design their watches and state they are handmade.

Those same watches come from the same supplier I use in China, yet none of those shops have been removed from Etsy - even after I pointed them out to Ryan. He says I wasn’t singled out, but I beg to differ. I wrote to tell him that I would do whatever I needed to do to fix anything I may have done wrong to break their rules. I was denied. He said I could still participate as a buyer but not as a seller. Etsy is neither fair or honest.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Updated on 05/30/2019: ** May 30, 3:34 PM EDT. I bought 2 pendant on Etsy website. The first green pendant was Absolutely gorgeous, GREAT pendant which I’m very happy with! The other one supposed to be GREEN amber pendant that was sent from EurikaGems in the UK. Not enough that it took 2 weeks to arrive, they send me an ORANGE amber, which I didn’t order, nor care for, since I have plenty of orange amber pendants! When I send her a message, she blamed me for it and said I ordered the orange one. And when I sent her a pic of my order and ask if “she can read English cuz I see the word green” she told me I was rude, and said she won’t exchange it! I think it’s outrageous that a shop send you the wrong item, blame you for it, and when you prove them wrong - they acts like a bully! They should have exchanged it on their expense since it was THEIR mistake NOT MINE!!

I’m sent a copy of my order, and open a case on Etsy, and their response was I need to try to settle it with the seller, before they consider to step in!! Don't buy on Etsy, their customer service is outrageous, and when you have a problem - well, you have a problem!! I will never buy anything from them again!!!! P.S, I paid $9 for shipping, plus $15 for returning it - TOTAL OF $24!!!!

Original Review: I ordered an amber necklace on May 12th, the seller sent me an email that she sent the it on May 13th. Today is May 24th and I still didn’t get it! I looked at the shipping tracking number, and the delivery company said “There is no info for this delivery”. I messaged the seller 2 days ago, she never got back with me. I asked them in a chat conversation to refund my money or send me the necklace, they say I needed to open a case with them. Don't buy anything from Etsy, 'CAUSE IF YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE NO ONE TO HANDLE YOUR COMPLAIN! NEVER WILL BUY THERE AGAIN!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I finally received what I ordered on May 8th today which is May 22nd. I found dealing with the seller to be in extreme ordeal. For one I asked a question concerning the price because it states the price is $99.95 yet when you go in to read the information concerning the product it says $89.95. I never received a response to that email, after three further emails I still received no response until I actually contacted Etsy.

Quite frankly I did not find using Etsy easy at all. I will not ever purchase from the seller again and I probably will not use Etsy again as I found the support to be questionable. I'm a long-time Amazon customer and any time I've had a problem over the years Amazon has contact me immediately and took care of the issue. This seemed to be a runaround both on the seller's part and on Etsy's part. They should have been more proactive with their customer service but were not.

I have a couple of friends that sell on Etsy and they seem to be happy and satisfied for the most part with the way business is conducted but do admit there are flaws that cause issues that could be easily avoided. However I was not at all impressed. It's probably why I don't shop on Etsy or Ebay much. It's just too hard to navigate and the helpline is less than helpful.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have been a seller on Etsy for several years and have 3 shops. I have another family member who also had opened a shop long after I had mine with a similar product line. They however, had a copyright issue and their shop was suspended. Three months later, all 3 of my shops were suspended without any notice or emails or reason. The shop notice said due to late payment. Which I owed no payments. They held back my deposit from my shop sales. So I messaged them several times to find out what was wrong.

First they replied that I had a copyright infringement, so I pushed back as I had not. Then they replied that I opened a new shop as a policy violation to get around previous copyright complaints. Which was also not true. So I argued again for details as to what or why they are accusing me or anything. Then finally they replied that my "account shares sufficient information with an account whose privileges have been revoked for us to consider them related" and so they were suspending my privileges as well. So apparently "guilty by association" seems to be reason for them to just shut you down. Not to mention in the email they also implied that I was actually the other person too. But they would not "disclose the specifics of our internal review criteria".

In other words they can just shut you down and not provide any information and then they ended with... "We will not respond to further inquiries about this. Our Terms of Use state that we may terminate your account (and any related accounts) at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice." So they are holding my deposit of sales for 2 months and will not be reviewing or allowing me to appeal. So I cannot even prove to them that they are wrong in their accusation and my business has nothing to do with the other person. They have very bad business practices, and enough loopholes in their policies that they can do anything they want and you can do nothing about it. Do not waste your time and let them control your money and business, eventually they will likely do it to you too.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I bought a pair of "coral" earrings on Etsy. This was my first purchase from them. When I received the item, I realized it was made of plastic. It was not coral. Apparently somewhere in the fine print it says synthetic, but everywhere else it was indicated "coral". I decided to send it back. The seller kept saying she did not receive it. So, I never got reimbursed. I tried to log into Etsy to report it, but it keeps saying that my email is not valid!!! (I have successfully registered). It was a lot of frustration--many trips to the post office to try to find out why the parcel was not delivered. Anyway, I'm out of $70, just for trying to buy a pair of coral earrings!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased a piece for my sunglasses 2 times only to return both of them because it was the incorrect size, 1 month later still no piece for my glasses charged 2 times and written countless emails. I’m most likely going to have to dispute payment... no contact numbers only emails and good luck with that. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered a personalized wreath for my new home the last week of April. The site did not ask for my initial, sent me straight to check out (me thinking it would ask). Should have been delivered (with whatever initial) on the 7th (today). I tried multiple times to message the seller (with a lovely blurb beneath “messages” that the seller would usually respond in 2-3 hours), even right after placing the order. NADA. ZIP. But I can tell you my bank account was immediately charged the $130 for the product. No way to contact or otherwise. Guess I am out my cash and wreath. Never again.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I ordered baby shower invites on 4/30 nearly 10 days ago. This company sent me the personalized invite with all incorrect information on it then lied several times. I sent her screenshots of her lies and then she finally said, “Oh I did mess it up. I’ll gladly fix it.” Now here it is 5/7 and she finally wants to be honest and fix it. I asked for my money back and she refuses. I’ll never deal with Etsy again

Original review: May 7, 2019

I ordered personalized hangers with my bridesmaids' names for my wedding. I ordered them about 12 days before my wedding, which I will admit was cutting it too close especially for a personalized order. After placing the order I contacted the seller about when I would be receiving the products, and she said it would come two days after my wedding and that I could not get a refund because it was a personalized order, which I completely understood.

I received an email on October 25th (my wedding was Sept. 22nd), that my order had shipped from Ohio (I live in NY). Two months later I still had not received my order. I contacted the seller asking for a tracking number, no response, and I also contacted Etsy Support and received an automated response. The seller no longer has their shop, and Etsy Support has been incredibly unhelpful. For a company that sells beautiful products and has a lot of great reviews, I was more sad and disappointed rather than mad...

Etsy Company Information