1.38/5
  • 1 star
Based on 137 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

648 Etsy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I had an Etsy store for 10 months and every month my store made more and more money. I was paying Etsy over $675.00 per month in fees when out of the blue they closed my store. The email I received told me that Non-Christian items were no longer acceptable to be sold on ETSY. A couple pictures of hand carved Wands with large Crystals on the ends and a picture of a wooden Box with a hand carved wooden Pentacle were attached to the email.

I was informed that now that ETSY had been purchased when it went public, the new owners had the right to exclude any and all non-Christian items or stores selling items not in line with the Christian Faith. I have a B.A. in Fashion Design and an M.A in Fine Art. My work was popular and I had a real following, but this is Donald Trump's USA now, we're only living in it. I am actually GLAD that they decided to show their true faces to me.

I am already almost finished setting up my new store with NO limits and my OWN Website Design. My husband has a Masters from M.I.T., and he had already been loading a separate drive with everything, like all our photos, my long descriptions, weights, measurements, client profiles and all the wonderful Gifts I send out to all my customers for every order all the time. This helps me to Not give the same type or the same gifts to my regulars. I cannot tell you what a slap in the face it was to have my store closed, but NEW DOORS painted in Bright Colors Open to those willing to step out of the Swamp called ETSY. Anyone thinking of opening an Etsy Store, realize that you will have ZERO power over anything. Paying huge fees will be the first and last thing on your mind throughout each month.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

On today Etsy sent me an e-mail stating that My Etsy shop of over ten years is being suspended because they believe I am not making my items I sell. Further they are freezing $158.00 in my account for 180 days in-case they get any requests for refunds from orders. Understand that this home based business accounts for a significant amount of my retirement earnings. I do indeed have always made my leather products by hand and consider each order a custom made product which includes the customers name and customer stamps they want included.

I don’t know how much more hand made one can get! Of course I requested both a phone call from them and a reply to my email as to WHY! After reading all the other similar problems with etsy on this site, I do not believe to expect a reply. THEY JUST PUT THIS OLD GUY OUT OF BUSINESS. Anyone want to start a class action lawsuit against Etsy? HOW CAN THEY HOLD MY MONEY I EARNED FOR 180 DAYS?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I opened a store at Etsy and I started to sell UVB lamps for skin diseases that I manufacture. After about a week the store was closed by etsy, saying that I do not make the lamps myself but I buy from other place. It was without asking me anything. I complained and I was asked to send pictures that prove that I build the lamp myself. At that stage I have a feeling that etsy wants to copy my lamps and to sell them themselves.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have never in my life written a negative review, but I think this needs to be said. Etsy has some of the worst customer service I have ever witnessed. I recently went on to buy a couple Christmas gifts and got all the way to checkout before I received a notice that my account was suspended. I was shocked as I haven't been on the site in at least a year. Thinking it was a mistake, I reached out to support on Etsy. They explained to me that I would need to scan them a copy of photo ID to verify my identity on my credit card (even though it was an old card and obviously not one I wanted to use). I explained that as they already had all of my billing and credit card information, I didn't feel comfortable sending my photo ID as well because that just seems sketchy. I asked if they had other ways of verifying because I have never had this issue with any other company. Instead of offering another solution, they told me that was the only option.

As I had found the same items at better prices elsewhere I didn't feel the need to support a company that put in so little effort. I replied simply asking that they cancel my account as I no longer needed the items. I was annoyed when a day later I went to check and found my account had been deactivated, but they couldn't be bothered to send an email confirming that they had done so. I decided to take their survey that follows the Etsy support emails and detailed my disappointment with the support I was given. Etsy couldn't even find the time to follow up after receiving a complaint. Their lack of empathy, help and interest in a customer astounds me. I have never witnessed a company so happy to drive customers away. Yes, I may not have been on the site in a year, but you can be sure I will be telling all of my friends who are active on the site of the fantastic deals and service I found elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had a shop on Etsy for over 12 years with stellar reviews. My husband joined Etsy 6 months ago. Etsy sent him an email notifying him that he was violating copyright for listing a sign with a movie. Although there are literally 23,000 other items with the logo, and although he removed it, a week later he was shut down. My complaint is that my shop was also shut down even though I was never notified and my shop is independent of my husband's. I have separate bank account, credit card, etc. The only thing in common was we had the isp because we are on the same server.

I sent Etsy countless emails to explain and sent proof that my account was separate but all I got was boilerplate messages that appeared computer generated. I requested a phone call and an appeal. 5 days later, I got an email that said decision was final and now I am suspended forever. No one at Etsy will hear you so thousands of good people are getting banned for life for no reason. I have never been so unfairly treated in my 57 years. Etsy treats sellers like chattel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

This Etsy seller changed both her policy and her store name AFTER I received a damaged chair. She did not pack it well and it came severely damaged and irreparable. I have yet to receive a refund from seller and Etsy won't mediate this case for me as the customer...saying they aren't responsible for shipping damage. UPS won't let me file a claim since I was not the shipper. They, in fact, tried to blame me for the damage. Go figure. I will never buy from Etsy ever again! I am posting this for other consumers to be wary. Etsy could care less about the customer. Once they have your money...you're SOL.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I purchased a swimsuit that was advertised as custom made. It guaranteed size measurements, I talked with the seller and also made her aware of what size I was and my measurements. The seller assured me that I would get my item with no problems exactly the way I ordered them. Upon receiving my items the bathing suit broke as soon as I was trying it on and it was not even close to the measurements we discussed or that were advertised. I opened a case and proved my case above and beyond but because the tag on the inside of the swimsuit said the size I ordered they refused to side with the buyer... So moral of the story is they can send you any size they want as long as the size on the merchandise says what you ordered...

If the listing says bust is up to 40 inches and they send you a 22 inch bust, as long as the tag says extra large like you ordered they will not offer buyer Protection no matter how much you can prove the bust is only 22 inches and not the 40 inches you were promised... On top of that because they took so long to close the case I was not allowed to leave a review for the seller... I got absolutely no justice for being ripped off $115 even though I clearly had proof The seller guaranteed it would fit or my money back!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We bought a coffee table from a seller on Etsy for $450. The very next day the seller closed their shop and username and I knew that couldn’t be a good sign. I attempted to contact the seller several times over the next week to ensure that my order would still occur. I reached out to them via email and through Etsy messaging. After receiving zero response I reached out to Etsy for help. Despite admitting they could see that the seller wasn’t responding and that their shop was closed they said they wouldn’t help until over three weeks later due to the sellers “shop policies”. They said I had to work with the seller on my problem, the seller that won’t respond and closed their shop. Awesome.

I waited another three weeks until I could open a case, because surprise surprise, the seller never sent anything or ever responded to my emails, and guess what Etsy’s response was? Wait ANOTHER WEEK and try to continue to work it out with the seller. Wait what?! The same seller who doesn’t have a shop and won’t communicate? You’ve got to be kidding me. I disputed the charge on my Amex at that point and moved on. Etsy lost a long time customer over an issue that should have been a no brainer.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I signed up for a Wholesale Account and was turned down saying my business was not a good fit. I have other accounts with major wholesale suppliers and my brick and mortar was good enough for them even under stringent reviews. The only people losing out are the members who sell on Etsy. I have a network of other buyers that I could of directed to this resource. The market of shopping is changing rapidly. If I do decide to buy at wholesale I will work directly with the member outside of Etsy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have been a customer on Etsy for several years. Today I log in to purchase some Christmas presents and I find out that my account is suspended. I have no clue why or no way to resolve the issue. To my knowledge, all the purchases I have made on Etsy have been great... until today! When I try to get the issue resolved, I just get the runaround with the app! Truly, it is their loss. My money will just go elsewhere. :-(

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

They said I was selling things that were not allowed. I disputed account being closed and they refused to let me sell again. That is not the huge issue. The issue is them saying they are holding my funds for 180 days which is seriously messed up! I had real products I was selling and am now out of my merchandise and my money and there is little I can do about it. I cannot believe any company would do this to people but then after reading everyone else's opinion I can believe it. This is one messed up company and I will not be buying from there to help them out in any way.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have fought with Etsy for over a year. My daughter had an account and she got suspended. When she did, Etsy did a sweep and suspended everyone associated with her in the slightest. I have emailed them repeatedly. Over a year later, not a one of us are allowed to have an account due to the actions of one. Etsy has an overactive since of "justice". They haven't one care for whether a person is guilty or not. If they want you gone, you are Gone. No amount of emails, or proof defending yourself will change their decision. If you get lucky and get your shop opened again, know you are a rare one. Etsy has no care for what is fair or not.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have been on Etsy for years and have five star rating. I make corsets and chokers and now am launching a new line. I get the client's measurements in order to start sewing their order, I am a USA designer and work from the USA. So here is where I had a issue. Etsy integrity team accused me of not designing my pieces because they saw a corset that looks like mine on Alibaba. (Anyone that knows about the internet many of the Alibaba factories are overseas and some of those factories copy many of the products on the net and make a cheaper version).

That said I sent Etsy proof of my work via photos. I sent pictures of my corset unsewn still in pattern cut form, steel rods inserts I use, my machines, and more, and instead of looking at the facts that are being presented, I got insulted by someone named Niko's from their integrity team and they want me to take everything down from my site even pieces that are only on my site, that have not been taken from a copycat.

My testimonials versus the stars on the overseas corset are way different. Like I said I have 5 stars and these other factories have 1 to 3 because they use plastic and not steel. the second thing is I stand by that these are my designs and I don't have control over who copycats them. But the proof is in the pudding! I have sent this team so much proof, I even sent testimonies that copycats have on their websites and again their testimonials fall short compared to the ones on my site. But the integrity team never looked at the proof I sent them and automatically sided with Alibaba only because they saw a photo a vendor from overseas posted on the Alibaba site, so they automatically side with the big corporation and don't protect their sellers.

I went as far as to find others that are going through issues with the copycats (that by the way go as far as to steal our photos). Anyway I sent the Etsy team a link from a vendor on Alibaba that the photo belongs to a Etsy vendor. How do I know, I know the Etsy vendors work and the photo on Alibaba has the Etsy vendors watermark on the photo which shows the photo was stolen from overseas, and that got ignored but the Etsy team and he proceeded to insult me. I have not gotten help, I got chopped at the knees by this integrity team. There was no investigation, they found a photo on Alibaba that is all over the internet of my design and that was enough for this Niko guy to call me names in spite of all the proof I provided.

Also what does this say about Etsy's belief in their handmade designer and artist. Because it seems like they don't feel you can make work that is amazing, and I say that because of the doubt he showed when he took the vendors side that is on Alibaba only because of the photo he had posted without any further proof verses me that I provided a lot of proof. There is more injustice in Etsy, but it is just so much to write. I will however be filing a formal complaint against Etsy because insulted me calling me a liar and thief is crossing the line. Anyone that knows me knows I have been honest, I will also be making a short film on me cutting my corsets.

Below are only 2 photos out of many that I sent Etsy. The 2 below show my hand holding up the steel boning that I use and holding a front panel to my corset my corset has 6 panels in the front and 6 in the back, but they never took this in consideration to reinstate my shop. I even complied with taking down a couple of things they told me to take down so that can reinstate me and now they are saying I did not take them down when I did.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Not worth the price - I purchased sandalwood stick for $15. They sent me a toothpick which was not original and doesn't have any fragrance and appeared as if coated with perfume. They did not send me what I ordered but 2 pouches which contained a pinch of sandalwood powder and toothpick like stick. I felt cheated. Very bad experience. Etsy and Ayurvedic Delights together did this fraudulent business.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Came across this review site searching for something else, and was surprised to see the multiple negative reviews about Etsy. Etsy isn't perfect--nothing is--but they're protective of both buyers and sellers, which I appreciate. I've been a seller on Etsy for two years, and have made several purchases through Etsy stores. In my experience, Etsy is courteous and has many benefits over some other large online shop platforms. Their fees are reasonable. If you use Etsy Direct, your purchases and sales are all protected. The fees include, at no extra charge, a professional accounting system for your records and tax purposes. You can print professional packing slips and receipts for all orders. You can use Etsy shipping labels, which provides your customers with a discount over retail shipping, tracking, and the option to purchase shipping insurance with each purchase.

You can promote with sales and coupons and in several other ways. Several negative reviews I read cannot be true, or are outright deceptive. Etsy does not hold your money for the first 90 days. If you do not pay your shipping and transaction fees when you go over your credit amount, they will of course wait for you to pay what you owe them before disbursing your payment. I always pay the fees as soon as the funds are available, which is the next business day, because I do not want to have to deal with credit, personally. If these reviews from stores and buyers are true, which I have my doubts, then there is a lot they are not telling about what actually happened. If a store is shut down, that would be from many customer complaints, not just one or two. Some of the customer reviews here are not right, either.

If the seller's description of the product or shipping time was inaccurate, Etsy would side with the buyer. Some international buyers try to coerce shops into marking a purchase as a "gift" so they will not have to pay customs duties. Then if the seller doesn't do that, they will leave a low review because they didn't help them cheat. Some buyers try to get a product for free, because they can get away with that on other platforms. If they can prove their claim, they will get a refund. If not, they won't, and that is as it should be. The protection needs to be on both sides of the transaction. That is why I appreciate Etsy's policies. I notice a lot of the negative reviews are trying to tell people to buy and sell on Amazon instead. Makes me wonder how many of them are paid trolls.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was very disappointed, and I expected much from them. They have turned off my profile without any warning or explanation. I realized that 70% of the products came from China and resold to naive people ten times more expensive. Of course, they do not care, as long as they take a percentage. Thank God there are other places where I can sell things. But I had to share my disappointment with you. Pay attention to what you are buying on Etsy.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

On the 15th of October 2017 I ordered an item from a seller and received a notice stating my item would be shipped no later than the 20th. The 20th came and went and still it hadn't shipped. Another few days passed and still it hadn't shipped so I contacted Etsy and let them know about it. I then opened up a case against the seller (who apparently doesn't even exist). I clicked on the seller's name and a message said there is no such seller. I reported this info to Etsy and still haven't heard anything back from them regarding this apparent scammer.

They did reply and told me that if I can’t work things out with the seller (who doesn't exist) then I could on November 3rd 2017 escalate the case for review by a member of Etsy's Dispute Resolution team. I received another reply stating the same thing except that the date was November 4th, 2017. These people can't even get their dates straight. I'm going to try to get my money refunded but am not holding my breath. I know one thing for sure though, I will never deal with Etsy again. My first and last experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I opened an Etsy shop in August 2017. Everything was going well. We made 30+ sales from August to October 2017. I can challenge to Etsy and the sellers selling on Etsy, that my shop was one of the top 100 best-presented shops on Etsy. Etsy closed my account in two months. Please never expect that they will respond. You will be tired to contact them, but they will not respond by saying one thing as always. "This is N. from Etsy's Marketplace Integrity team. Thank you for your interest in selling on Etsy. Your business presents a significant risk to the marketplace and we can no longer accommodate your account(s) on Etsy. We reserve the right to terminate a member’s privileges at any time, for any reason." Finally, I want to say Etsy is good for all, but not good for sellers who have more experience and are professional for their work.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The 5-star reviews on Etsy is a joke. Some are stating that only rule breakers get booted and that is not true. Anyone can submit a complaint and that turns into a ban without an investigation first. Shoot first ask questions later is their policy. A shop can do nothing wrong and still get banned and it is all because of the competition and Etsy could care less. They don't believe in second chances or probations. For selling handmade Zibbet is the way to go or ArtFire but never Etsy.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Not only have I had great experience as a seller on Etsy (**) but I have also had several great experiences buying from Etsy. Victoria of ** has been such a joy to work with. She responded to all my questions immediately, happily customized my gift to exactly what I wanted and shipped to the US from Belgium quickly and efficiently. I wish more people were able to have as enjoyable of an experience as I have had, because I truly believe that most of the sellers on Etsy are good honest people. Of course there have to be those few who make the rest of us look bad.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Etsy is a handmade/vintage global online marketplace. I have only had my own Etsy shop for a few years but have been an Etsy shopper for many more. I love the inexpensive, flexible and totally personalized way I can make my own shop while helping to support my family doing something I love. Also I shop a lot on Etsy. I am tired of supporting big businesses who don't care at all about us. Shopping small, shopping local, shopping unique items not made in factories needs to be the way of the future!! Every Etsy shop is also independently owned and operated, making buying experiences unique. You will quickly find your favorite shops with great products and great customer service!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Etsy is a great place to buy and sell on, I have purchased from many sellers with no issues at all. If you make a purchase and live in another country and your country charges a custom fee that is your responsibility not the seller. Etsy only removes review that are proven to be false and made by customers that are trying to defraud a seller and there must be prove to make that happen, so the review that left that is false. It is one of few sites that has true quality handmade items listed. All seller I have dealt with have been great, I buy all my supplies off Etsy for my own business.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I sold with Etsy for many years with no complaints, then one day an order was lost in the mail. I spoke with the buyer and she said she'd wait for me to get the item refunded by USPS. I was in the process and the next thing I know the woman opened a case against me. I refunded her the money but Etsy closed my account and demanded I refund them as well. The payment was through PayPal, so PayPal refunded it directly to the buyer, I have no idea why Etsy thinks I owe them the cost of the product when they never bought it from me in the first place. I refused to pay them the money back as well so they blocked my account from ever being opened again. Years of hard work down the drain.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a buyer and a seller on Etsy since 2010 and have had 100% POSITIVE transactions and experiences with all my purchases and with other sellers over the years. In fact I buy all my Christmas gifts on Etsy. I was shocked to land here and see all the negative and toxic reviews?! If you actually visit the Etsy website and just browse any of the shops you will see millions of five star POSITIVE reviews from countless HAPPY BUYERS. Obviously after reading so many negative reviews here - clearly there was only one side of the situation being presented - which tells you these are NOT ACCURATE REVIEWS.

Most of them are sellers that have had their shops closed down - which means they either did not pay their bills/Etsy fees or did not complete transactions appropriately or treated their customers and Etsy shoppers inappropriately. In fact some of the reviews here are outright lies as Etsy does not shut down a shop for no reason. I urge you to go on over to Etsy and browse for amazing Christmas gifts this year. Sellers love to connect with their buyers and answer questions - and if a transaction does go perfect, 99% of sellers will work with buyers to resolve or do go above and beyond to provided excellent customer service. Please take most of these other negative reviews with a grain of salt... Since only one side has been presented in my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Anyone new to Etsy needs to be aware that when it comes to buyers they couldn't care less. I opened a case against a seller after waiting over two months for an item I'd paid for to arrive. First of all the seller claimed that I was being unreasonable to expect to have received an item sent form Canada to London in that time and assured it would arrive. After checking the shipping periods I realised the seller was being less than honest and opened a case. The seller had not provided a tracking number, yet after less than a day Etsy customer support person decided in their favour.

When I queried the decision it became clear that they hadn't conducted any investigations and I had simply been sent a 'form' response. When I queried it again, I was sent another form response, this time mentioning a tracking number which didn't exist. I have just contacted them a third time and received the same response. So I am left out of pocket, while the seller laughs all the way to the bank. I would advise any sensible person to avoid dealing with this site.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Where do I begin? Etsy is sold as a crafter/dealer centric "community " where sellers of handmade and vintage goods meet with like-minded buyers. They provide a "forum" for questions and discussions about the Etsy experience but that is where their customer service ends. People with valid grievances are kicked off the forum right and left (I myself am banned for pointing out several fallacies). Now I'm faced with a review extortion by a buyer who has had 4 items for 5 weeks, wants money off and wants to keep the items! If I don't comply Etsy will allow her to whack me with a bad review for each item. There is no preemptive action I can take short of allowing this buyer to rip me off by refunding her and allowing her to keep 400.00 worth of my merchandise. Merchandise she says is defective... But wants to keep.

The review process is skewed anyway. Buyers have to wait 19 days to leave a review and even a deliriously happy customer will have moved on by then. But... Etsy also allows buyers to EDIT their reviews for 100 days. So you're basically held in limbo for 100 days after making a sale. This is frankly intolerable. Stay away from Etsy. It's a money funnel right into their pockets. Not yours.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The site concept in itself is cool however if a user gives a negative review they delete it! I reviewed a user because the shipping took over a month and gave my honest opinion! I gave credit to the user for replying quickly and quick shipment out and then stated that it needs to be posted. Shipping takes over a month! I explained how I was now out the money because the gift I had ordered was not there for the event in which I needed it to be... I receive a long email from the user displaying how upset she was. I Gave an honest review. I then received another email as depicted below stating that my review had been deleted! The only grounds for deleting it is that it was negative. So be careful of ordering off of Etsy! You never know if a service is good or not because they delete all the bad reviews!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I will not use Etsy again. I ordered an item from Canada and was told the shipping would be £14.25. I ordered and then had a note from the post office to say I had to collect and pay an additional £12.40 in customs charges. This is something the seller did not make me aware of and would not refund. Therefore I am allowing the item to be just shipped back to her so that I do not collect and pay the extra fee. If I had the item would have cost me more than double what it was worth! Not happy as now she will only refund the item price and not the £14.25 shipping and therefore I have paid that money for nothing. ALL BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I ordered a maternity gown for photos from Miss Madison Photo Shop. The gown received was not remotely close to what was depicted in the photos. The color was wrong, it had exposed slapstick, frayed edges, and looked cheap. Their policy states you can return in 14 days. The shop would not allow me to, for no given reason. I then filed a complaint with Etsy. In the meantime, I posted a review on MissMadisonPhotoProp's website. The owner, Sunny **, proceeded to email me and threaten my career of working with autistic kids with her husband who is a federal agent. I provided Etsy with this conversation as further proof. Etsy then sided with this company, stating I tried on the dress, therefore it had been worn and I couldn't return. Don't expect Etsy to help the consumer. I provided more than enough evidence, I was personally threatened, I had to purchase a second dress, and I'm out $236.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After being an Etsy seller since 2005 I just had my store permanently closed for reason of a few claims being opened, mainly because buyers have no idea they are opening a claim simply by asking a question. Literally, only a handful of customers’ items became delayed after several family tragedies hit me all at once. We are taking a 3 months’ span here out of 12 years on Etsy. Did they care -- of course not. Just an excuse to exert power. Got behind on a few orders, and refunded a few, always immediately. I always kept great communication with the buyers and took care of my responsibility to them. My store's policy stated clearly, custom items may be delayed longer than expected. I had a perfect reputation up until then. Nonetheless I took care to get back on track. Lo and behold a guy from Spain who had trouble reading English got impatient.

Etsy support says they are closing my shop permanently. However, I had just gotten two orders that needed filling -- $300.00 worth of custom leather work. Etsy refused to give me "MY" money paid to me from those customers. Claiming they needed to hold it in case something was returned. Now never once did I ever mistreat a customer. It was all there in messages. My shop policy said 7-day return on custom items. Yet Etsy says they will hold my money 6 months -- hmmm. I had to put the money out for materials, pay shipping and my Etsy fees. Etsy support does not care, they just keep repeating that policy crap over and over, claiming they will not respond further to my request for my money. Sorry but isn't that stealing? I agree with another person on here who mentioned Etsy not caring about the homemade artisan, only their cheap overseas commercial product vendors.

It's a joke they get away with what they do with a 1-star rating. Yes, Etsy has a 1-star rating on every review site. It is at their digression to up and close a shop you work hard on establishing. They don't hold stock in it and they are not a partner, why it's legal for them to do this, since they are literally only an advertising venue? They claim it is to protect sellers. From what? I read on here and other reviews they don't do that either. Since this happened to me I've read several small businesses claiming very similar situations. Sorry but Etsy is too big for its britches -- You need to go Etsy, you are a sham of a company who has ousted all of your American handmade artists for cheaply made crap from overseas. I use only top quality leathers in my work, yet I see Asian shops selling leather bracelets made from PU leather.

Ok well guess what? PU leather doesn't just stink, but lo and behold, it's not leather! It's imitation leather, however none of them state this. How many consumers know that? Why can they even use the word leather without place imitation or faults in front of it. Why buy a one of a kind handmade leather bracelet from me for $50. When you can get a genuine piece of crap made from imitation leather for $5. I am seeking advice from a lawyer because I feel the severity of damage against the small American businesses Etsy has caused is reason to take action against them. If I fall behind in orders or things go awry that is "my" issue, it's "my" business.

It is up to me to fix it, and to have an opportunity to do that without having Etsy stepping in and tell me 12 years of hard work doesn't matter. Had consumers been ripped-off or cheated, then yes, by all means shut me down, but that was not the case here, really a minor infraction when you consider it in the grand scheme. The fact that Etsy thinks they can play judge, jury, and executioner is wrong all the way around. Regardless of what their wordy, ridiculously, absurd policies are saying this is an injustice and a bad business practice. Cutting the throats of small business who they made their billions from. Someone needs to see this practice they have of controlling someone's livelihood when they don't have any stock in it should be against the law period. There has to be something somewhere that states they are crossing a legal line with their procedures, excuses and policies.

Etsy Company Information