1.57/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

872 Etsy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I am a seller on Etsy. They recently withdrew additional funds from my account without an explanation. The kicker is that there is no way to contact anyone at Etsy. They don't have a phone number anymore, and when you email them, no one responds. Not having a contact number when you are handling other people's money is unethical. If I could leave a zero star review, I would.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had a seller account that was deactivated. I was given no warning and all of my handmade work was gone. I had a customer asking for the parts I used to make my product and Etsy removed my account. The customer wanted to try and build their own led gloves so I sold them the parts I used. I hope someone sues their ** because I seen so many shops selling from China and from all over that are selling fraudulent items but it seem that Etsy only goes after the little guys and not the larger companies.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchased an item on Etsy and the seller shipped a partial order to the wrong address. I filed a case claim with Etsy who informes me they and the seller is not responsible if the item doesn't arrive to the buyer. The postal recieves tracking states the item was returned to sender but seller claims they didn't recieve it back so I end up out the money. Etsy does nothing to protect buyers from the shady business practices of their sellers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I’ve used Etsy almost a decade, and hadn’t had a problem until now. I ordered an item from overseas. Item was lost in the mail. Etsy refused to even TRY to help locate item or help seller/me find a resolution. Etsy and seller both told me that they hope that I find the item. I paid for an item I never received — seller didn’t help at all, Etsy didn’t help at all. Etsy’s reply: “We don’t hold sellers responsible for items shipped. So long as a seller ships the item, even if buyer never receives the item, seller is in the right. Buyer gets no refund on shipping or items never received. Shipped items don’t have any insurance and buyer alone is responsible for eating costs of items lost in the mail.”

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

1 star because there isn't a zero star. I ordered a wall map for a special wedding anniversary, I was very clear with text I want on the map - one line and names, that's it. The seller messed up font on names and where he put them and sent a proof. I asked for a change, again with very detailed directions. He failed to follow directions again for a second time. I explained one more time patiently and asked if they can still ship the map on time and offered to pay for expedited shipping, and he snapped at me, cancelled my order and was very rude and unprofessional. He refunded my money, but I lost a week, have no gift for my husband and walked away totally let down by Etsy.

Talking to Etsy customer service was nothing but a waste of time. They couldn't even flag PizelRomance so that others don't have to deal with the pain. The seller seems to be changing his/her profile name to "start over" and trap other people. I am hoping someone will benefit from my review and I hope Etsy gets their ** together and at least offer good customer service. Never using Etsy again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Worst experience ever in online shopping. Purchased an item from Etsy. I didn’t realize the item was coming from overseas (my fault). The cost of the item was $30.00, however to return the item to Greece, via registered mail, was far more than I paid for the item. I have to bite the bullet on this one. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I hear a lot of complaining about what is wrong with Etsy. I've been a seller for over 10 years - a reputable seller with thousands of positive feedback addressing the quality of product, responsible shipping and responsive customer service. I have a few things to say in defense of the many wonderful buyers and sellers on Etsy. Then I'll honestly review Etsy itself.

FOR SELLERS: If you are going to sell on any site you had better prepare yourself. I studied business in college and have years of experience but you don't need a degree. There are a myriad of ways to study the market, make a business plan and perfect your skills. Start with your local library if you are into DIY or take a course online. I draw on lots of information to make certain I know what the market is for my product, pursue advertising, fair pricing and to make certain I am 100% transparent in my transactions.

I also apply those same goals as a buyer. While no business is perfect, what you put into it is what you get out of it so I work on my relationship with Etsy. There are shops on Etsy who are sloppy in presentation, don't give enough information, are not informative nor transparent in their listings, post terrible photos and absolutely nothing is done professionally. Etsy makes its process for opening a shop easy to follow but there is so very much more to it than just filling in forms.

If you want an honest review of your shop and have a desire to fulfill its potential, hire someone who can assess your plan before opening and give helpful feedback. It should be your goal to seek education. Before opening my shop I sought advice from an attorney, financial planner and other professionals. I wanted to be the best I could be and they helped me achieve that. Also, if you have never drawn up a business plan, it is a free service through the Small Business Administration. Finally, be prepared to have losses. That is what the Profit and Loss portion of your business taxes is for. You are not going to win every time. If your time is worth more than the loss, it really is not a loss to make the choice to move on. Keep good records so you can back up any claims you make to the IRS.

FOR BUYERS: Every buyer has a responsibility to take the time to read a shop's policies, convey any questions to the seller and thoroughly assess the shop and product. I know there are legitimate buyer concerns and many have had bad experiences, even so many have had positive experiences but why do the complaints seem louder than the positive feedback? Informed buyers need to look for informed sellers. Hold the seller responsible for delivering what they say they will deliver and let them know you are a savvy, serious, informed buyer. If the seller has any interest in their shop, they will respond immediately to fulfill what they promised you. Speak with authority but don't be aggressive; be kind with your words and politely address the problem after having thoroughly thought through your response. Don't speak off-the-cuff - not many people are successful at speaking impulsively.

Treat the seller as you want to be treated, with respect. I have cancelled orders and processed refunds to people who are rude and disrespectful. I politely tell them I can't fulfill their order and then I immediately process a refund. If you are buying from an artist ask LOTS of questions and be certain you listen carefully to their answers. If your gut tells you there is reason to distrust, move on. Most reputable artists will have lots of information to back up their ability to deliver. Ask what their turnaround time is, read all feedback, bring your expectations to their attention. If you are buying collectibles or supplies know your product. Many are the times people have made impulsive choices only to regret them later. Most shops are small and can't offer refunds so be sure to read the refund policy. If it does not suit you, move on.

RE: ETSY: I identified Etsy's shortcomings years ago, some have been eliminated while others remain and I work around them. No business, no buyer, no seller is perfect. Etsy still stands as the most innovative online venue in the U.S. There are plenty of other venues but they are not as successful nor do they have the customer base. So it is in any seller's best interest to learn what they can and cannot expect from Etsy. Their customer service department is not good at responding to individual questions or complaints but to be fair, a lot of those complaints could be alleviated if buyers and sellers would just treat each other as they want to be treated and if they both took their respective aims seriously. That means preparing to be a wise consumer and a responsible seller. It is ridiculous to expect Etsy to field a lot of complaints.

Ask yourself first if there is something you could have done better. Etsy could do a better job of servicing sellers but if you are a seller you'd better be prepared to operate independent of Etsy's involvement. Let's face it, they have a huge investment in growth, innovation and investors. So perhaps they don't focus as much growth and innovation in the area of customer service. Instead, they have succinct directives for finding your way through the mazes within Etsy. Read them, study them, apply them. Then there is the Etsy community. It works when people put their heads together and share information on how to fix things. Etsy reads the community forums and keeps a finger on the pulse of both the buying and selling communities. As I stated before, it is not a perfect system, but it is a workable if you apply yourself.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

So I had a shop with ETSY, that I run for 2 years. By no means it was profitable, because they will charge you for a listing, regardless of if it will be sold or not. So you will just keep on paying and paying and paying, and maybe once in a while, maybe someone will buy something. Once a customer bought something from me. Shipping was overseas, so she waited for 3 month to claim that the item was never received. To make my sales, I had to list lowest possible fees, which makes me ship economy.

The buyer lied, opened a request as not received. So guess what? They just go ahead and disable my account. No warnings, no contacting me, nothing. Amazing!!! They were taking my money for 2 years, and when something was actually sold, instead of sending me my money, they disabled my account and run away with my money. So the summary, if you want to use ETSY as a seller, basically, expect to never see your money, because first dishonest (or smart) buyer and you will lose both your product and your money. However, if you are a buyer, by all means, cheat and lie, you will receive the product, then refund. And on top of everything the buyer will be punished.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchased an item from their seller CircaTrends on Monday 1/21/19. The seller's listing stated it would ship in one to two days. The seller printed the shipping label on Tuesday 1/22/19. Thursday 1/24/19 the USPS tracking said USPS awaiting item. I emailed the seller two times about when this would ship. The seller never responded. Saturday morning 1/26/19 USPS tracking still said USPS awaiting item. I emailed Etsy customer service since the seller does not respond to emails. I wanted to cancel the order and get a full refund. Etsy without asking me first, refunded me on their own and said I could keep the item. They did not take the money from the seller. I have told Etsy several times I did not want THEIR refund. I wanted the refund from the SELLER and I no longer wanted the item.

I did not refuse the item delivery, because that would allow the seller to sell it again and gain more profit. I left the seller a low rating. The seller responded with a lie and said the item shipped on Tuesday 1/22/19 and also said I was "desperate". USPS tracking clearly shows the item was shipped later on Saturday 1/26/19. Etsy will not allow me to respond to his lie because my rating was less than three stars.

I asked Etsy to take down the seller's response with the lie and libelous comment. They refused. The seller then sent me five harassing emails one calling me a liar through Etsy which is against their policies. Etsy refuses to do anything about that. I have asked Etsy to take back their refund and for the seller to provide a prepaid return shipping label and for the seller to refund my money. They refuse to do that. So it is obvious their "courtesy" refund was to keep me quiet and to keep their seller in good standing. It is obvious Etsy gives preferential treatment to their sellers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I became a new seller with Etsy recently - and man, what a convoluted experience so far. It's relatively easy to list and set up shop - but if you have a problem or questions about the process...forget it. No one responded to the hold on the payment that I was supposed to receive for an order, and I wanted to get the item off FAST - that's what customers typically want. But only after repeated attempts to contact them, did I get a reply, and still waiting for that payment (which you can set up to occur daily, ideally). I can see why people are going to places like Poshmark or other sites that have appeared. I used to really like Etsy, but now as a seller, I'm not sold. In fact, I may have to close my shop because I simply don't have the time to try and "figure out" all the inner workings of their site/policies or hope to get assistance when something is unclear or goes awry.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I placed an order with Wood Present Studio on Etsy on Dec 4. It took 50 days to even make it to the US. I tried to get a refund the whole time, the company nor did Etsy help. Waste of time and money. Wood Present Studio also has a ton of fake reviews, so I'm guessing that's how they make their business look decent.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Etsy has changed my life for the better. I am now selling on Etsy full time and making more than many of my peers are. It's only a good site for sellers IF you fully read the seller handbook and work hard at running your shop. It isn't a "list and get rich" website - you need to put a lot of work into making your shop appealing for customers. However, Etsy provides buyers that wouldn't otherwise find me on another site or my own. Their search tool, commercials/marketing, and reputation attracts buyers and makes it easy for them to find items like mine! If you have had a bad experience as a seller, I would suggest doing more research into SEO, marketing, photography, and more. Also, their fees are unlike any other platform that offers just as big as a customer base. I am so thankful to be an Etsy seller and will continue to be for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered an item from a seller through Etsy. It was received 5 weeks later, after Christmas and was completely wrong. Specifics were not paid to the chosen options. 10 weeks later, I am still waiting for the correct item. In contacting Etsy, they were unable to support my dissatisfaction claiming they have no control over the buyers on their site. What? You are allowing these vendors to sell on your site and affect your reputation, AND you have no protection for your buyers! Never again will I purchase ANYTHING from Etsy!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I ordered four custom slipcovers from GREEN LAUREL DESIGNS. I sent photos of the design slipcovers I wanted made. She said, "No problem" and gave me a quote that her labor would be $672. I ordered $216 in fabric to be sent to her. They arrived 6 weeks later in a different design. Texted her that that’s not the design agreed upon and she stated that she would correct the mistake “free of charge”. I spent $35 to ship them back to her. Weeks later she sent me tracking and said they were perfect. Never arrived. FedEx lost the package.

Then the nightmare really begins. I’ve invested about $935 and she didn’t insure the package. How a business owner could take a chance if mailing something of that value is beyond comprehension. She’s then rude and defensive and takes absolutely no responsibility for her misjudgment. She even tried blaming me for the carrier she chose and the size box. Of course, when I asked for her to showed me in the conversation where I asked for that, she couldn’t.

I did receive the cost of labor back on my account due to protection through PayPal, but I’m still out $235. I finally got her to agree to reimburse me some on the cost (due to getting $100 back from FedEx) and my return shipping, but when I sent her the request for funds (advised by PayPal and Etsy), she filed harassment with Etsy. I have went back and forth with Etsy and they’ve read all of our conversations. I’ve never been ugly or disrespectful. All they stated was of course I wasn’t and there’s nothing they can do but make notes on her file. This was a lot of time, money, and effort wasted. I’ve will never understand how sellers are not held accountable. And the kicker is she’s revised all of her policies to this situation to cover her butt. Despicable business practices. Dealing with her has insured I will never use Etsy again!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Etsy keeps prompting me to bid more money for my items by showing me how high their bidding stakes are. In real, it doesn't get me views if I don't promote my item with bidding costs. Views don't get me sales either. Etsy is like a scam and wasting my dollars to feed their system. I'm just paying promotion money for days on end, that gets paid for once I have a sale like in 15 days. They have opened up their market to Eastern European countries who are also pawns to this scam. There are more sellers than buyers on Etsy.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

After having a recent sale, this new Etsy payment system took out Etsy fees and then deposited one cent into my checking account. They cheated me out of my payment due. I have closed my Etsy store never to ever open another...and there is never a place to have questions answered...the forums and Etsy Help suck...

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Ordered products from different sellers. Never a problem. But when you have a problem, Etsy does not protect the buyer's investment. Sellers only have to prove paying for postage of mailing a product. They do not have to provide that confirmation receipt when the product is actually dropped off and mailed. I even paid for $43 in tracking and signature. Seller did not have to provide proof of mailing my package. Of purchasing tracking and signature. So when my package didn’t show up, and there was no item to track, and when the post office the seller did not have to provide proof of mailing my package. Of purchasing tracking and signature. So when my package didn’t show up, and there was no item to track, and when the post office the seller used, doesn’t even have the tracking number in their system... Etsy will close your escalated case and tell you to take it up with postal services.

Now I know why these sellers can keep having problems with non-delivered products. Because they don’t have to show proof. So good luck if your purchase goes right. But you are out of luck and the money when it doesn’t. Etsy does not stand behind the buyer even when there is an easy way for them to prove that the product was never mailed out. Etsy just washes their hands off it and blocks you and then you can’t even dispute it. You can’t even submit your proof again. I wish I would have read the reviews of the seller I dealt with before I made my purchase. Because that’s when I realize this has been an ongoing problem with the same seller. And she is still able to sell items on Etsy because they are not held accountable for obvious theft. They can take your money, but they are not obligated to mail out your product.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I contacted Etsy concerning a seller who admitted to me their charms were not authentic Pandora beads. When I asked to confirm they were authentic the seller said, "Of course not at that price." There are others on Etsy too that are selling copies of Pandora charms. I brought this to the attention of Etsy three times before they answered me. I was told they would do nothing because the complaint had to come from Pandora itself. If this happened on eBay the seller would be gone.

I contacted Pandora and their legal team got involved and they went after this seller however the seller is still there. Very poor handling of fraudulent items. Then I had a problem with another seller who has now bad mouthed this seller on this site. Etsy allowed attacks against a seller to appear on their site for a year and did nothing until recently. This kind of information should never be allowed to be shown on a sellers store and is unfair attacks. I also find they have a nonexistent shipping policy. I sell on eBay and have three days to ship or I get a bad mark. Many of the sellers on Etsy take a week or more just to get the item shipped and most of the time you cannot track it. eBay cares about their sellers and customers and is a valued site. Esty should be brought down.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

5 stars for a job well done in customer service via disputes. After a grueling 6 month investigation Etsy removed a Seller who was falsely attacking my store and items by posting false statements. This egregious Seller believes that the rules of good and fair business behavior do not apply to them. I blocked the Seller on both Etsy and eBay and hoped that they would leave me alone. The Seller was buying my items on eBay and re-selling them on Etsy at triple the price which is the reason I blocked the Seller before selling on Etsy. When I started selling on Etsy the Seller attacked me for being a competitor with many predatory tactics to have me removed but it all backfired on the Seller. Interesting how my items were not fake until I started selling on Etsy. The Seller had their spouse/family and friends cyber bully me because I was competition to Seller's inferior items and yes those people (spouse/family and friends) were removed off Etsy as well.

Had it not been for the honesty of a buyer who reported the Seller's misdeeds to me I would have been blindsided. The Seller went after the buyer who reported the Seller by messaging and calling the buyer vicious names. The Seller was removed for selling fake merchandise and misuse of campaigning misrepresentations. The Seller is as phony as their fake items. Unfortunately, the Seller has now moved onto eBay where they changed their store name the day they were booted off Etsy which looks very suspicious and I see it as a RED flag. If you do buy any Disney charms on eBay from this Seller just give them the soap and water test and if the patina washes away then it is recast/painted/inked and it's FAKE.

The audacity to project their lies onto me was very scary and to accuse Etsy of removing them without warning is ridiculous. Etsy did give fair warning and guidance and I believe they would never just kick anyone off without provocation which the Seller repeatedly did daily for 6 months which was strange. I never attacked the Seller but I defended myself and I believed that blocking them would prevent an ugly situation but the Seller was constantly stalking me which was more tax strange and very creepy. It's so laughable the way the Seller falsely claims that they were the victim. The blocking feature on Etsy needs to be more ironclad to prevent this awful situation from happening ever again. I wonder how many other sellers this Seller had booted off Etsy and eBay because of their lies? Justice was served by Etsy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Etsy does not take care of customers if something goes awry with a seller they represent. They tell you it is out of their hands and absolutely refuse to assist you in the matter. From what I've read in these reviews, I'm astounded this company is still in business. Thank goodness I had a good seller the year before. The reviews say it all. I would never work as a CSR for Etsy. I'd feel fraudulent.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Etsy is an online marketplace that carries some unusual and artistic items. Where their business model falls apart is that they either don't disclose or very poorly disclose the location of individual sellers and the associated shipping durations. I ordered an item from a seller on December 6, paying $16 shipping on a $50 item and expecting the item to easily get to me in Houston, TX by the Christmas holiday. The seller's shipping policies say he'll get it shipped within a day or so. Nowhere did he disclose that he is located in Sochi, Russia and this item will easily take 4-6 weeks to ship. It finally arrived on January 18, 2019.

When I asked for a refund on the exorbitant shipping charge the seller maintained he did nothing wrong and his website now does list Russia as the point of origin if you place the item in the shopping cart. I elevated my complaint to Etsy who completely ignored the issue and said it looks like the item has shipped so no issues. For a website based in the U.S. (that's what the .com means) this is pretty sad. eBay and Amazon seem to have no trouble properly disclosing when a buyer is located overseas and to expect shipping delays. Will never shop at Etsy again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Etsy is a great place to shop, no compliance whatsoever. BUT Owner of this shop is not honest, agreed on the deal. Never received what was promised. I contacted shop owner about the item, never return my email, discuss terms and conditions and made a agreement. Owner of the shop fail to deliver as described. Also Watch out for very slick return policy. Very disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered two gifts from them for Christmas and I did not get either one of them. For the first purchase, I was notified after Christmas that there was a glitch in the system and what I ordered was already sold. The second, I had to open a case to find out where it was and after a lot of back and forth I still did not get the item. So there was over $200.00 tied up in presents that never came.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Etsy allowed at least one fake user and fake shop onto its site during the 2018 holiday season, and probably many more. The user in my case was /people/ForeverPopShop (and also a random string of characters that escapes me). The seller/shop was gone only a day or two after Christmas, with my $25 (and probably more from others) in hand. This is criminal negligence. To say that the transaction is between me and the seller is one thing -- but to take a cut of fraudulent transactions without doing anything to prevent scammers from registering on the site is legally questionable. Others who have experienced the same, please comment or review.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I sold a late 1800's real garnet bracelet of museum quality. The buyer messaged me that it was gorgeous, but didn't fit yet never asked for an exchange. The size was clearly listed and this bracelet was described extremely accurately along with like 10 pictures in natural light. My policies state exchanges only, yet to please read and ask all questions before purchase. A month later she opens a case against me. I offered an exchange, but she refused. I refused and stood by my policies. I had corresponded throughout the case. She left me a nasty review and called me vulgar names in her case correspondence to me. She even changed it from not fitting to bent and damaged. I have proof all the way to the post office.

On Christmas day, I got a reminder to respond!!! I had been responding. Next I know this Drew Character steps in from Etsy and states she is to receive a full refund and I should send an address label which I should purchase through Etsy. I pleaded to investigate it further and even tried calling, but the number had disappeared from my account in help through the holidays and I could not get through to anyone. He never contacted me back to hear my side and when I finally got through and talked to someone, they said they would pass it on to Drew and ask him to investigate it further. This didn't happen. I have already been scammed on eBay and is why I tried Etsy.

I was excited to get my first few sales and only put the best of my best on there. Now, I am aware that scammers prey on newbies and although I am not new to selling, I was new to Etsy, therefore a target. I had refunded a scammer on eBay just to have them keep my jewelry. I wasn't going to get ripped off again. I paid my fee to Etsy, closed my PayPal account and my bank account along with my card. Yes, I did this as not to get taken again. This Drew from Etsy had already suspended my account after threatening me if I didn't refund her within so many days.

Next, I get an email that my bill has been paid for my listed items and they have reopened my account. I told them to close it as I do not want to deal with a company that doesn't protect their sellers. They issued her a full refund and she has kept this item as I suspected she would. I cannot close my account because they now say I owe the amount they refunded her.

If anyone is interested in getting a class suit against them, I am game because no way are they getting another dime from me. The company is a scam. I have researched all over the internet and found literally mega stories from both sellers and buyer's getting screwed by this company. I feel someone on the inside is getting a kickback on these scams. Perhaps they should in fact be investigated themselves. I've done a bit of investigating on my own. They may keep my shop open, but I am going to delete what I can of my items from it, so the only next move is to dispute anything sent to collections as they are most definitely fraudulent, at least some of them in charge. They had me totally stressed out all through the holidays. I am an honest hard working person. This is so unfair, but lesson learned. I will build my own platform website and not make others rich off my hard work.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I recently had an issue with a purchase. I have tried 3 times to reach the seller and have not received a response. I have tried calling the seller but there is no answer and no mailbox for voice messages. Tried to open a case and after completing the form and clicking submit, nothing happened. Very poor design. If this is the way Esty works, I will never place another order.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had 3 shops on Etsy as of this morning. Closed by Etsy due to a complaint by a shop who sells fake Disney charms and targeted me for 6 months because I was selling authentic charms. She told lies about me, etc. Etsy wouldn't do a thing! Tried to defend myself and got shut down, no warning, nothing! Don't sell on Etsy, they couldn't care less about you!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered fifteen Korean boxwood plants through ETSY, the vendor is JJ GARDEN BOUTIQUE of Florida. Upon arrival five of the fifteen plants were DOA, I contacted Etsy immediately, and was told to file a case. I explained that I was not proficient on the computer and I needed help. I waited two weeks for a response and got none. I have contacted ETSY and also JJ GARDEN BOUTIQUE (at least eight times since August of 2018) and have not got ONE response on this matter, until yesterday.

At which time ETSY says that my time to file a case is over. I told them that I had been trying (at least eight times) to contact them to help me file a case. He responded "Sorry that is all I can do for you". I am canceling ETSY from my computer and I would advise others NOT TO DO BUSINESS with this scam operation. I have contacted JJ GARDEN BOUTIQUE at least eight times, and they have IGNORED my emails. I contacted the person representing JJ GARDEN BOUTIQUE (Jennifer) and she has chosen not to respond to ANY of my emails. I will NEVER do business with ETSY again!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I've been using Etsy for at least 9 years as both a seller and buyer. I have had good and bad experiences, but I simply love being able to support small businesses and individuals over corporations. It is important to know what Etsy is before you purchase. Etsy isn't a seller, they are simply a marketplace platform for people to list their items for sale. When you purchase, you are not purchasing from Etsy, you are purchasing from a direct person who made that particular item. I see many reviewers upset that Etsy didn't give them a refund or calling them a scam. Keep in mind, they facilitate the sale, they are NOT the seller. Blame your bad experiences on the particular shop or sellers, not Etsy as a whole.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I used to sell on Etsy for approximately 1 year until I had a customer purchase over $650 in merchandise and they were from another country. I sent the items and lo and behold about 3 weeks later, after they received the items filed a chargeback against me and said the purchase was "unauthorized". Etsy deducted the $650 + their fee from my account. So I fought with them, back and forth and got nowhere. I was out the products and out the money. So I canceled my credit card I had on file with them. This was in May. My credit card company sent me a new card. Here, 9 months later somehow Etsy got my new number and charged my credit card. I want to know who they paid to get my new credit card number. I'm disputing the charge with my credit card company but they illegally obtained my credit card number and billed me. I want nothing to do with these people. They are total scammers.

Etsy Company Information

www.etsy.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.