3.7/5 (1268 ratings)

About Etsy

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

The story is simple. Due to the situation in the country, I left for the UK. And I started looking for an opportunity to earn money, I decided to try to sell (I came up with and implemented the idea), I sell on eBay and Amazon for more than 3 months, everything is fine. I decided to try the Etsy platform and this is a fatal mistake.

Registered, provided all documents, bank statements, proof of address. Added a product. After almost a month, the first order arrived, I was very pleased. And then it started: An hour later, an incomprehensible ban arrives, I write to support and after a few days I receive an answer that my account does not meet the requirements (how did I pass the first moderation and verification then - a mystery), they said that I can provide proof of identity, accounts and then unlock.

I downloaded everything and waited, after almost a week - 0 reactions. I write again, they are all the same to me, and so I upload 3 times - I wait and nothing happens. Then a miracle happened - they said to provide confirmation of the address - provided and waited. There was no answer - I wrote again and the answer was simple and very clear: All logins are from Ukraine and therefore they do not unblock (the rules do not prohibit the fact that an employee is in Ukraine is FSUs for them) - this is the explanation for everything.

!!!Etsy Against Ukrainians!!! The funny thing is that they will not return the money for the goods sold, they stole the money and come up with reasons! In difficult times, they simply without thoroughly give a ban and that's it. Support generally 0 desire to help.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I ordered a $15.98 3 by 5 foot flag of "Don't Blame Me I Voted for Trump" and what came to the house was a side of cardboard about 1 foot by 1.5 foot that said same thing and a little holder that was welded in the corners. I say it would be worth about 3 dollars. I wouldn't stick that in the ground. It's cheap looking and makes me look goofy. I did send that email to Gigi ** something like that name on Etsy contact only about 6 hours ago...But how can you make a mistake like that. I haven't heard back yet..First try with etsy and my last, went to Amazon

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I bought a ring with a cluster of opals from Colors of Etnika through the Etsy website. When I asked for a total refund because the colour was different, they told me that there was no significant difference and closed the case. The opals were turquoise blue on the advertised picture and the ring I received had totally different colours. I know opals can change colour according to lighting but it was really obvious in this case that they were different. Therefore I am only going to be refunded for the ring I returned, no refunding of shipping costs involved. I won't buy through Etsy again and would not recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to get ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Etsy is by far the most abusive retail platform on earth, and a haven for abusive sellers... Etsy has reached a new level of disgustingly creepy behavior with it's new abusive seller protection program... Etsy enables abusive sellers by favoring such sellers in situations where eBay, PayPal and card issuers would clearly decide in favor of buyers, and then by allowing sellers to post obviously false, privacy violating, and slanderous responses to reviews, and then only deleting said seller responses if the buyer agrees to delete their review...

Thus, the effect of their seller-biased review polices is to suppress all negative reviews of sellers by making buyers choose between being slandered and having their privacy compromised in obviously false/slanderous seller responses (which Etsy will not address, even when they're proven in Etsy messaging) or having their true and accurate reviews deleted in order to get the slanderous, privacy violating and false seller response deleted (Etsy will not delete only the seller's response)... This protects abusive sellers by making them appear much more honest and trustworthy than they actually are... It's just creeepy the extreme lengths Etsy will go to protect abusive sellers...

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I purchased a italian leather product from SKLeatherSTore (Steven **). I was sooo excited as this was a gift to my father on my wedding day. I opened it up and there's this huge eye sore of a fold right in the front of the engraving. I messaged the seller for a redo and he said no, asked for a refund he said no - he said "This stuff happens," well then maybe he should disclose those information - I understand handmade products aren't going to be perfect but this was awful. He made no attempts in to making me feel better. I opened a claim with ETSY and shocker they sided with the seller. They are making money so why should they give a ** right. ETSY had turned into greedy Mother Truckers like everyone else - absolutely disgraceful.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

The employees at ETSY are so lazy and they do not care about sellers at all. For all the hard work sellers put in, Etsy does not match their efforts. They will constantly give you copy-paste responses and beat around the bushes when trying to answer your questions. There is absolutely no support whatsoever to sellers. They will delist your bestsellers without a specific reason and they will never get back to you with that reason so don't have any hope. I never felt so powerless in my life except for the effect from Etsy. I truly hate this company. I know hate is a heavy word and I don't use it so often, but this company I despise.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I have been an Etsy seller with several stores for close to a decade. Last year my old computer broke down and I got a new computer which triggered an algorithm from Etsy to shut down all my stores. Because there is no customer service, no phone number, and they pick and choose when they will get back to you, with persistence I got four of them back open in 9 weeks. I promptly shut down all four.

I have two more. They shut down one a month ago because they demanded my driver's license. Gave it to them. Open the store. The other store without warning and without an email demanded a driver's license as well and put the store on vacation mode. Now I had no idea that this was going on. To find out why your company is in vacation mode you have to hunt for an over an hour to get information. 11 days ago I sent in my driver's license again. Sent four emails. Response? Not even crickets in the forest. As soon as this is open both of these will be shut down again. I will never ever ever ever sell on Etsy again. Worst platform, has turned into a money greedy non-responsive non-seller supportive platform.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I recently purchased 2 customized magnets for my Airbnb from a seller on Etsy. Unfortunately, I didn't receive my purchase even though USPS said that it was delivered. I contacted the seller with my concern and got the run around. She told me to go to my local post office. As a busy business owner, I don't have the extra time to go searching for an item that wasn't delivered. I was shocked at the lack of customer support and left a 1 star review. In the meantime, I filed a complaint with USPS about the package that was not delivered. As retaliation for that review, she responded to my review by accusing me of being a mail fraud scammer and made multiple false claims. I asked for Etsy to review the response and remove it as it was false and defaming my character. I got the run around from Etsy and the response if still not removed. In the meantime, it appears that I'm a mail fraud scammer based on the seller's false claims.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Please stay away from Etsy! It is a horrible online "business" platform. First off, I am a former shopper. I have had my account cancelled four times! All I was trying to do was pay for some merchandise that I wanted. When I went to complain, there was no customer service team available!!! There is absolutely no one available to help. What kind of company is this??? What kind of company doesn't have a customer service number available??? Also, the website sponsors fraudulent business websites.

There is a business entitled The Grey Angel Shop. The owner's name is "Michelle". At least, that's the name that is being used. "Michelle's" profile on Etsy says that she's based in Australia. She has about 28 reviews on her page. I paid $1,000 for services that were not rendered. I contacted her because I believed the reviews displayed on her page. I thought the reviews were authentic. But now, I am convinced that the reviews are fake. I will be reporting both "Michelle" and Etsy to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Won the case with Etsy's mediation {"This is Hope from Etsy's Case Mediation team."} review making an 8" x 11" map clearly distinctive of a larger map i.e. National Geographic's 35.75" x 46" or Amazon's swift maps 36" x 44" zoom feature is deceptively used in fraudulently enhancing a map with very small characteristics to be a larger map you can hang on the wall. Noted in decision "Because the map received does not match the listing photo, we are not able to mediate this dispute using the case system. For this reason, we must close this case.

Although the case is closed, you're welcome to work together to resolve this transaction outside the case system. I found no medium or message box to reply to Martine nor Etsy and there has been no effort to reach out to me to resolve dispute. I have attempted to contact the better business bureau of NYC for Etsy has its HDQTRS in Brooklyn, NYC and am attempting to reopen the case after having it closed for My argument was copied from Etsy mediation complaint and I sought for the end of the zoom.

Martine is unable to understand. "He repeatedly refers to the deceptive zoom feature." Although she states "it appears you have an issue with Etsy’s zoom feature. "I repeat, the zoom feature is a standard Etsy feature - I do not control or influence its functionality." A standard feature should not be noted as; 'giving inaccurate impressions' that the purchaser sees on the Etsy webpage but aren't that what's received.

Etsy Company Information