3.9/5 (2335 ratings)

About Etsy

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: March 11, 2022

I've made multiple purchases from Etsy and every single transaction has been great! The selection they offer is so varied I could spend hours looking through all the wonderful items. Every purchase felt secure and all items were received in a timely manner. What a great place to showcase small business goods!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I have been an Etsy member for years but it wasn’t until recently that I had to reach out to customer service. I had a reply same-day, and my order showed up better than I expected (very reasonably priced dinosaur tags, made in wood). It’s rare to have such a universally smooth experience nowadays and I wanted to share my appreciation, plus I love supporting small businesses and independent artists, so added bonus!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I ordered a shirt from Sunrise thru Ebay. And they were very upstanding and received my new shirt in 4 days. Very happy with them and would buy from them again. The man I dealt with was super nice, appreciate the exchange with no problem.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I like Etsy, I buy a lot through it and I recommend it. What I don't like is Etsy not enforcing its own regulations. One such rule says that sellers are not allowed to sell items that mock or demean any group or religion. Several Etsy sellers sell "art" that mocks Christianity. If they sold posters, prints and other items that mocked Islam, for example, you can bet those sellers would get an earful from Etsy. The issue isn't honest criticism of a religion, it's mean spirited mocking, and Etsy lets it slide.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Ordered a hat in April. Didn't receive it on the expected date. Contacted Etsy and was told it was mishandled at USPS. They said they would send another one along with a shirt to compensate the delay. Received it yesterday. It is awesome along with a shirt and mask with LA logo to go with it. Overall, amazing! Worth the wait!

Original review: May 10, 2022

I purchased a teddy bear through Etsy and when it arrived and I took it out of the box, a bunch of mouse feces and dead bugs came out all over the table! Although the seller refunded my initial cost after I returned the item, she did not refund my return cost which was over $27.00! Essentially I paid over 27.00 to clean mouse feces and dead bugs from my home! You do not know what you are getting from this company!!!!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Don't use this website to sell your products, they don't protect sellers, customer requested to return the item but Etsy did not wait for me to received the return. They issued the refund to the buyer. Customer ended up not returning the item, why would she? She got her money back! So I lost the item worth $500 + another $500 for the refund they took from my credit card. Also bad customer service, it takes days before you can get a reply. I will never trust or use this site to buy or sell. Don't even deserve a 1 star. Bad, bad, bad.

Original review: May 6, 2022

There is no way to get support or assistance with issues or problems from Etsy. The phone number listed as corporate is an automated message that states it does not accept incoming calls and instructs you to use the website. Trying to contact support through the website only results in long delays between responses that are useless as they do not read the full ticket and just cut and paste information from their FAQ based on a few keywords (i.e. if you mention shipping you will get the entire shipping policies FAQ pasted into a response email).

Trying to reply and engage them only results in a battle of nonsense and useless information and repeated re-verification of your account asking you for your account name and email address, even though you need to be logged in to contact them to begin with. It is clearly a pattern to waste your time hoping you will just go away. Currently they will not allow orders to be marked shipped or completed without forcing you to buy shipping labels through Etsy, and they are drastically undercharging on the shipping costs.

In the last 2 years this company has gone severely downhill and become untrustworthy, greedy, unreliable, and crooked. I left E-bay and never looked back for exactly this type of conduct. I not only do not recommend opening a store here, I recommend anyone who has a store here leave as not only I am never going to do business through Etsy again (buying or selling) more and more people every day share my opinion.

Original review: April 28, 2022

There is no phone contact to respond to anything. It takes 2-4 days to get any email response. When they do answer it often makes no sense and does not answer the sellers question. One person after another tries to answer without reading the question. It is the worst seller site I have ever used. They are constantly trying to sell more of their services which would be a stupid mistake for a seller to buy.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Usually when ordering from a store one would expect if you receive the right order that you can exchange it. I ordered from an Etsy store who had this policy but was refused! Their customer service did not allow me to speak to a supervisor!

Etsy Company Information