1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Etsy

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

621 Etsy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I will not use Etsy again. I ordered an item from Canada and was told the shipping would be £14.25. I ordered and then had a note from the post office to say I had to collect and pay an additional £12.40 in customs charges. This is something the seller did not make me aware of and would not refund. Therefore I am allowing the item to be just shipped back to her so that I do not collect and pay the extra fee. If I had the item would have cost me more than double what it was worth! Not happy as now she will only refund the item price and not the £14.25 shipping and therefore I have paid that money for nothing. ALL BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I ordered a maternity gown for photos from Miss Madison Photo Shop. The gown received was not remotely close to what was depicted in the photos. The color was wrong, it had exposed slapstick, frayed edges, and looked cheap. Their policy states you can return in 14 days. The shop would not allow me to, for no given reason. I then filed a complaint with Etsy. In the meantime, I posted a review on MissMadisonPhotoProp's website. The owner, Sunny **, proceeded to email me and threaten my career of working with autistic kids with her husband who is a federal agent. I provided Etsy with this conversation as further proof. Etsy then sided with this company, stating I tried on the dress, therefore it had been worn and I couldn't return. Don't expect Etsy to help the consumer. I provided more than enough evidence, I was personally threatened, I had to purchase a second dress, and I'm out $236.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After being an Etsy seller since 2005 I just had my store permanently closed for reason of a few claims being opened, mainly because buyers have no idea they are opening a claim simply by asking a question. Literally, only a handful of customers’ items became delayed after several family tragedies hit me all at once. We are taking a 3 months’ span here out of 12 years on Etsy. Did they care -- of course not. Just an excuse to exert power. Got behind on a few orders, and refunded a few, always immediately. I always kept great communication with the buyers and took care of my responsibility to them. My store's policy stated clearly, custom items may be delayed longer than expected. I had a perfect reputation up until then. Nonetheless I took care to get back on track. Lo and behold a guy from Spain who had trouble reading English got impatient.

Etsy support says they are closing my shop permanently. However, I had just gotten two orders that needed filling -- $300.00 worth of custom leather work. Etsy refused to give me "MY" money paid to me from those customers. Claiming they needed to hold it in case something was returned. Now never once did I ever mistreat a customer. It was all there in messages. My shop policy said 7-day return on custom items. Yet Etsy says they will hold my money 6 months -- hmmm. I had to put the money out for materials, pay shipping and my Etsy fees. Etsy support does not care, they just keep repeating that policy crap over and over, claiming they will not respond further to my request for my money. Sorry but isn't that stealing? I agree with another person on here who mentioned Etsy not caring about the homemade artisan, only their cheap overseas commercial product vendors.

It's a joke they get away with what they do with a 1-star rating. Yes, Etsy has a 1-star rating on every review site. It is at their digression to up and close a shop you work hard on establishing. They don't hold stock in it and they are not a partner, why it's legal for them to do this, since they are literally only an advertising venue? They claim it is to protect sellers. From what? I read on here and other reviews they don't do that either. Since this happened to me I've read several small businesses claiming very similar situations. Sorry but Etsy is too big for its britches -- You need to go Etsy, you are a sham of a company who has ousted all of your American handmade artists for cheaply made crap from overseas. I use only top quality leathers in my work, yet I see Asian shops selling leather bracelets made from PU leather.

Ok well guess what? PU leather doesn't just stink, but lo and behold, it's not leather! It's imitation leather, however none of them state this. How many consumers know that? Why can they even use the word leather without place imitation or faults in front of it. Why buy a one of a kind handmade leather bracelet from me for $50. When you can get a genuine piece of crap made from imitation leather for $5. I am seeking advice from a lawyer because I feel the severity of damage against the small American businesses Etsy has caused is reason to take action against them. If I fall behind in orders or things go awry that is "my" issue, it's "my" business.

It is up to me to fix it, and to have an opportunity to do that without having Etsy stepping in and tell me 12 years of hard work doesn't matter. Had consumers been ripped-off or cheated, then yes, by all means shut me down, but that was not the case here, really a minor infraction when you consider it in the grand scheme. The fact that Etsy thinks they can play judge, jury, and executioner is wrong all the way around. Regardless of what their wordy, ridiculously, absurd policies are saying this is an injustice and a bad business practice. Cutting the throats of small business who they made their billions from. Someone needs to see this practice they have of controlling someone's livelihood when they don't have any stock in it should be against the law period. There has to be something somewhere that states they are crossing a legal line with their procedures, excuses and policies.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Do not sell on Etsy. This company do whatever they want. You can invest many days and countless hours setting a shop and make good money selling there and one day no explanation. They will close your shop and all the fees that you paid per listing to update in your shop will not be returned to you. I had 2 working shops that did very well - over 1500 sales a year with an income of more than 90k a year and was just very profitable to Etsy with all the sales... One day woke up to no business, no income, no explanations. You have no saying about it, no one to talk to. Save yourself the stress and build your business on your own platform. If I can give this company 0 rating I would.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I wish I could give them 0 Stars! If you buy something from one of their Sellers, you better not have any issues because if you need to contact Etsy Customer Service, good luck with that. I have been dealing with an issue for over 1 month. One of their sellers never sent an item I ordered. Seller will not refund my money. Etsy is difficult to contact. Emails from customer support are vague and never resolves my issue. On the website, you have to search through pages to find the link just to get a call back from their customer support. It's been a horrible experience and to this day my issue is still not resolved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I have had the absolute WORST experience with Etsy with them holding my money. I understand if you are a seller under 90 days but my account has been verified and not the first time I've sold. I have so many orders to where I reach my threshold on shipping credit and have to pay well over $100 because of the amount of orders I have. I have close to 30 sales going to the US and overseas. I don't have the money and as I've told them. I can't pay you until you pay me! And why can't you just take the money out of what you are holding.

Every time I call or email customer service, I get called or emailed with a different disbursement date. Then I've read customer reviews and now terrified because a lot are awful. They operate as though they run this company with 3 employees out of a barn. If you ask for a manager or a supervisor, "they will see if they can find someone". You are left just stuck in the middle with no resolve with customers awaiting products that they paid for along with shipping they also paid for while they sit up and hold your money then lie to you about disbursement dates.

Everyone has the same textbook speech when you call to inquire or complain and they email the same textbook response. Etsy does not care about their customer base at all. This is the worse online selling experience I have ever encountered and I will never do business with them again. The worse part is you just have to sit here and hope and wait and there is nothing you can do about it and nobody does anything about them with all the complaints I have read.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

They close my shop suddenly after making my first successful sales and hold the money that I made, and when I emailed asking why, their customers support reply that, “We do whatever we want and we do not have to explain why,” and they advised me to keep what happen confidential and not to speak up about it. This company will get what they deserve one day.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am a little bit recognized, so I mentioned my books/awards because Etsy deals with a LOT of talented artists and unfortunately the untalented, unsympathetic, callous employee in Etsy's offices do not have the brains to recognize that when they disregard these artists that they burn their own livelihoods to the ground. What I believe is that because so many of their executives have left over the years the ones that have stayed in their Brooklyn offices believe that because they "stuck with Etsy" that they can treat sellers and buyers the way that they want to because every new executive that comes on board is looking to those that have been there like they are the glue that holds the HOUSE OF SAND together.

Now look at that picture and laugh instead of being angry. It's like looking at another toddler in the sandbox who throws sand in your face by putting his hand in the bucket he is holding and going through the hole in the bottom of it to the sandbox floor thinking he has a great shiny red bucket but you see him as an idiot that just got sand in your eyes while showing off a defective bucket. That's Etsy! A defective bucket located in a rat-infested and bed-bug infested city. I'll never live there! So, here we are - Etsy complainers and "FEEBAYERS." We have a LOT to offer as artists/artisans so WHY are we wasting our time with venues that cripple our time(?) What say we - tell all and take flight. I'm going to feeBay it, Amazon it and Saatchi at it for a while. Care to join me? Happy HALLOWEEN Sketchy Etchy!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Etsy is on a witch hunt suspending the accounts of the most successful designers on their platform. I have been designing Renaissance and Historical costumes since 1999. Our line was so successful from the start, that I dedicated my time in full to our business and my two daughters joined me shortly thereafter. Through the years, the demand continued to grow. We then set up a shop in India since we were unable to find a manufacturer in the US that was willing to work with a small business such as ours and most smaller sewing companies had already gone belly up. As our designs became more and more popular, other shops starting making variations of the design and Chinese sellers started flooding the market with obviously cheap versions. The only visible difference online was our photographs in which model and musician Kara Markley graced our designs.

Fashion can be copied but not photographs. We were able to take down those sellers who were trying to use our photographs and that gave us the unique look of our store. When Etsy opened its doors to designers who were in our situation and were having their products manufactured by other companies, we joined them. This happened in 2012. The difference with us was that we own our shop in India, so we have 100% control over quality and how the costumes are made. No sooner had we reached 8000 sales and got a notice congratulating us, the presumptuous "integrity" department contacted us asking to tell them how to make our best design giving them full details. No designer will ever disclose that information.

I told them I would be happy to send them the details of how we make a less popular dress but they insisted on the one design and told me that our business did not meet Etsy's business requirements since we didn't design or make the items in our store. I told them, as I had before that I designed them. At this point, a gal or guy named Nico told me that our items were mass produced and sold all over the internet and as an example sent me a link to our own store in Etsy and to our store in Amazon. She/he did not give me the chance to tell her/him that she had sent me a link to our own store elsewhere because she said they were done with us and would not look at our emails again. Etsy has no clue of what their business is doing... or the so called "integrity" dept. has gone off a tangent believing themselves to be God.

On the one hand they opened their doors to companies like ours then they shut us down because we are too successful and our costumes are sold in other platforms by us and are copied by other sellers. All in all, Etsy ended up being a waste of time for us. The path they are taking will continue their downfall because they will lose designers who are successful to companies less self-righteous, like Amazon and the New eBay. eBay, by the way, did the same thing before and they almost went down. The new management in eBay had the presence of mind to realize their mistake and corrected it, thus keeping a lot of their top sellers but not before losing some of their best. I read the blog by Deborah Lindquist, one of the top wedding dress/accessories and eco aware designers, internationally recognized as such.

They kicked her out too! You can find her story in her website's blog. Other platforms are benefiting from Etsy's unbelievably bad move from a business standpoint. Many designers are moving to Shopify and to Amazon. I am waiting for the day in which Amazon will open up a section for designers much like what Etsy claims to be but is not. The market is lacking in the uniqueness of individual creativeness as Chinese goods invade the market. Hopefully, Amazon would be able to recognize the distinction between mass produced and small designers who make more than one of the same item as the big ones do.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Bought A pendant cross $30 + 7.99 shipping, did not received a thing, I contacted the seller (Shimbra). He claimed he already shipped it and it’s a carrier problem not his, when I finally reached ETSY basically they said deal with the seller. Unable to get refund.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have been an Etsy shop owner since 2009 and have a perfect track record with Etsy. I have always followed the rules and only sold handmade goods in my shop, unlike other shops that buy cheap stuff from China and resale them at super low prices, claiming to be handmade. I have hundreds of awesome reviews left by satisfied customers. When Etsy announced it was offering wholesale opportunities for "ALL" shop owners, I immediately applied. Without any sort of explanation, my shop was rejected. Here is the email I received: "After a review of your application we feel your business is not the right fit for the buyers on Etsy Wholesale. To protect the integrity of our marketplace, we’re unable to disclose our review criteria. At this time, we do not require additional information to reconsider your application. We wish you success with your growing business. All the best, Clark Etsy Wholesale"

I truly feel that this is discrimination. Everyone who owns an Etsy shop should have an equal opportunity to do wholesale. I am very disappointed in Etsy over this. And they can't even tell me why my shop has been rejected when I have done nothing to break the rules. Why offer this to everyone if you are not going to give everyone an equal opportunity? I have never felt so limited by Etsy in my business endeavors and discriminated against. How many other Etsy shop owners feel the same as I do? So I requested that I would like to escalate this to their supervisor or someone of higher authority. This is the final response that I got: "I understand that this is not the desired resolution. However, this decision remains final. Because we've provided all of the information that we're able to share, my team and I will be unable to respond to any further emails on the subject. Best regards, Taylor Etsy Wholesale"

WOW... just WOW. Thanks for rejecting my application, for not answering my questions, for no logical explanation of why my handmade products are being rejected by your wholesale GANGSTA market, for basically discrimination against "certain unworthy" Etsy shops. I am super disappointed in Etsy and this is making me want to close shop. Especially after reading all of the horror stories on here about shops getting shut down without warning, funds seized and no explanation of why. How unprofessional is that?! It's a good thing I decided to open my own webstore independent of Etsy because apparently, it's a sinking ship. I recommend if you do own an Etsy shop, have a backup site because these guys are TOTAL GANGSTAS!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Purchased a total of two (2) items on August 26, 2017. The company does not provide a order number at the time of purchase, but once shipping is processed the company provides order numbers and typically ships items separately. This was my first time ordering, but given the fact the company has no contact information should have been a red flag! Placed my order and one (1) item shipped from Madisonville, TN, and the other one shipped from Harbor, FL. I received order #**, the item shipped from Madisonville, TN, but I never received order #**, the item shipped from Harbor, FL. When I brought this to David Kaplan's attention, he acted as if my concern was not valid. REALLY!!??

I have better things to do with my time and energy than to falsify information over $5.44. Nevertheless, I did some research of this company and Mr. Kaplan needs to be arrested for theft and his company needs to be shut down for robbing consumers. The company information shows the following for its headquarters: Headquarters Address: Etsy, Inc., 55 Washington Street, Suite 512, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Fax: (718) 855-7956. However, the fax number is a nonworking number. I am mailing a copy of my complaint to the BBB and FTC to them as this has PISSED ME OFF!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

For many years I have had trouble with Etsy, mainly communication. Not being able to log in then getting inane "solutions" that did not work, I'd just go round and round in an endless loop of changing passwords, still not being able to log in and being advised to change password again, If you cannot log in you cannot communicate your issues, their whole attitude was, "we don't care". So I did not deal with them for years. Then I wanted to buy a pair of shoes for a special occasion and found what I thought were perfect in a store called Vodum. Well I was wrong! The first communication with Vodum was "nice" polite, etc however all ensuing attempts at communication yielded an attitude of, "You stupid customer, read the website". Read the website as I may I STILL cannot find a size guide. Ask as I did I was frustrated with non answers and evasions.

In the end I foolishly took a chance, ordered the shoes, paid the money. I had recently bought a pair of shoes sized US 7.5 and they fitted me fine. When the shoes finally arrived from Vodum I could not get even half of my foot in the shoe. I asked to return and was smugly told, "You should have read the returns policy". On going back to the site I find a very well hidden returns policy which even when I found it is fairly ambiguous. I still cannot find a size guide nor can I find emails I sent asking several questions among which was one about sizes. These people echo the business principles of Etsy, very pretentious, offer whatever in order to get a sale then who cares about the customer.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After selling here for 6 months (200+) sales my account was suspended and they failed to tell me why! I had good reviews, followed guidelines and they shut my store down. They held on to my money and I still have not received it. I am absolutely disgusted that they have failed to tell me why it was suspended and I have not heard a word about my money. DO NOT SELL HERE. THEY ARE SHADY!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased a $23.00 small TEAK lamp from this Seller plus a $14.50 shipping charge. Many delivery problems ensued for which the Seller responded with sarcasm, not action. Item finally arrived 10 days late. Buyer immediately found that the lamp was made of Pine, not Teak as stated in Seller's Ad Title. Teak is significantly more valuable than Pine. Seller never questioned the type of wood at any time, suggesting that he knowingly misrepresented lamp or had questions about its actual material. Seller refused return since ad description stated that item was light colored wood and did not restate TEAK as in the title. Seller then adopted a hostile position in multiple emails to Seller. ETSY intervened but did not require Seller to provide a Prepaid return shipping label even though they determined that Seller is 100% liable for misrepresenting the lamp.

Since return shipping is more than 60% of item and Seller has shown hostility toward Buyer, Buyer cannot depend upon Seller's integrity to refund all return costs. Buyer refused to return item unless Seller provided a Pre-paid Shipping Label. Neither ETSY nor Seller, "WhatsOnTheMantel", responded to Buyer's demand. By Seller's logic: FOR SALE: 2002 BUICK REGAL. Ad Description: May not be a Buick. Seller later wrote to me that they are not AMAZON. For that, we agree! I will NEVER do business with ETSY or any of their Sellers again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The reason for my review is to hopefully help others not be victims of a crooked shop "Etsy", legally (with no remorse or shame) steal from members. My story is in an Email I sent to Etsy customer support after being shut down without warning... "Hang tight" Is what your email will say after you send an email to Etsy asking why your shop is shut down... "We'll get back to you within 24 hrs". LOL! What's the point of sending an email to you, if you aren't going to respond. After waiting 4 days, I decided to write Etsy again.

"You continue to play God with people's lives. I decided to write this email to get some sort of satisfaction (in my own weird way) and a peace of mind. I was debating if I should write this email, but after thinking about how you have put my family, my kids in a horrific situation, I decided I should describe to you the impact you've caused by what you did to us. I too can sit behind a desk (like you) to voice my opinion about your customer service. Can't get any worse. Frankieis it? I wanted you to know that I've made honest mistakes from the minute I opened this account as I didn't know how to list and use the tools properly to comply with your policy. This was in the early days. After learning how to list, I listed to the best of my ability and did a great job the past 3 years. (Doesn't 3 years in good standard count for anything?)

I researched others Etsy shops to make it easier to list and comply, as the internet doesn't supply much information on all sunglasses regarding how old they are at the drop of a hat. And so I researched other shops on Etsy that sell "vintage" sunglasses. And because of the many that are out there selling what they believe to be vintage, I was at ease listing the same brand name. There are hundreds of different shops selling (as we speak) the same brand name you accused me of not being vintage. In the past and even now. I wonder, did someone flag my shop to deliberately sabotage my life? Will I ever know? Not likely.

I opened ** 3 years ago and I have worked hard making it a fun shop for people. And In the process, I made Etsy a substantial amount of money.

My customers were very happy with the customer service (something you lack in the highest level). I maintained my shop in good standards, paid my fees seconds after I made a sale and responded to all who bought from me with the utmost respect. My customer service was on another level and am very proud of my achievement regardless on what you've done. You made such a horrible decision to have shut me down on a pair of Burberry sunglasses. Have you researched the many Etsy sellers that have Burberry listed on their page or was I singled out? Perhaps flagged? And you just click, shut me down, all gone! How old are you, 10? Where are your customer skills? I wonder, are we living on the same planet? Or are you seriously thinking you have what it takes with customer service, and sleep good at night...

I was a good shop, and have done nothing DISHONEST to have been treated like I stole from someone, or cheated anyone out of anything. To make such a drastic decision based on a pair of sunglasses out of my 250+ listings was beyond me. You shut me down like I was a piece of trash while having 5 star rating and 300+ Positive reviews. But hey, if 3 years of income for you, from my shop is petty cash and you don't need it then why bother allowing people to sign up in the first place?! (scam??!) The least you can do is refund for the listing fees and release the funds you have captive. Customers have received their items. Release the funds! You should be ashamed of yourself and the rest of the clan at Etsy!

You speak of honesty and integrity over and over in your policy, I wonder where you copied it from and why paste it, if you don't practice your preaching! And the new owner, how on earth did he make his money to buy Etsy when you shut down 50% of the shops. Why would you shut down something that makes you money is beyond comprehending. I wonder, is he aware of how many families you've destroyed? Maybe so. On another note maybe the new owner makes his money by shutting down shops and stealing the fees and sales money and using the policy to rectify how he can... In the end, as anyone received a refund, money from their sales? Coward... is what you are! Sitting behind a desk using the power of God to shut someone down with a click of a finger in a split second and let them rot while wondering if you'll ever respond to their emails. Shame on you!

I've not experienced this type of behavior in my life and it has taken a toll as you can see from all I written. You should be stopped. Not sure how, who will succeed, but hope it will happen soon! Make no mistake, "what goes around comes around". You just wait your turn. You will reap what you've sown! Not asking to restore my shop as I've begged the past week with no reply. And after reading all the horror stories on ConsumerAffairs, I had to join and was adamant on telling my story. Hopefully it will comfort someone by accepting the fact that you will not respond nor restore their shop.

Therefore, move on and spread the word that Etsy, what was once a big hit and cool, is operated by some low lives amateurs that stumbled on a great idea but unfortunately lacked everything needed to stay the course. Etsy is now considered a pathetic site. Not to be trusted as it is temporary and while you think things are going good, the carpet can be pulled right from under you in a blink of an eye. You took the fun out of what was once a fun thing to do."

Be a dear and let the new owner read this, would love to hear what a successful business man has to say to the families that have suffered due to their customer service. To conclude this overwritten review about Etsy customer service, staff and their policy, I'd like to warn everyone to be careful on joining Etsy! Whether you're a buyer or seller be careful! Better yet, don't waste your time because you never know when your time is up... How sad is that!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

After having a shop on Etsy for 5 years, Etsy decided to close my shop without any notice or warning. Their reason was because another member of my household had a shop that they determined was not following their "guidelines". NOT ME BUT ANOTHER RELATIVE! I had no relationship with their shop whatsoever. They also decided to hold my remaining funds from my sales for 180 days, even though all my final merchandise was delivered with proof of tracking. It should be illegal to hold funds for that amount of time when everything has been delivered and accepted. Sellers, if you are relying on Etsy for your only income, please beware that they can shut you down without any warning and for any reason. They don't even give you the courtesy of a warning and also refuse to discuss the problem to find a solution.

Not to mention that they have no phone number to call with questions, they will only call you after you have sent an email and even then you are not allowed to speak with the "higher ups" who make these decisions. You can only speak with someone who will tell you that they will forward your information for review. I am sure they won’t be around much longer with their business tactics and terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Etsy is not a marketplace for finding unique handcrafted items. A majority of the listings are resellers in all categories that buy cheap from China and pass off their products as handmade or vintage. Prices are so low for these items that a person handcrafting the same item, even if materials were bought at wholesale, could never produce the product for the same price. Maybe handcrafted it no longer desirable, or maybe Etsy is too beholding to its shareholder to keep profits high. Whichever the reason, the vision Etsy started with as being a selling platform for artisan crafters has been replaced with an eBay like platform and a race to the bottom with the lowest prices and skill be damned. So very sad.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I've bought something on Etsy.com, paid to the seller the same day (£438), money have been deducted from may Paypal account the same day. Then I've received the message from Etsy.com, that the order still processing... It has been over 3 days now and the seller did not receive the payment yet. I've tried to contact the Etsy.com, but they absolutely ignore me. What a nightmare!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I ordered cards and after a WEEK was told it was a private listing and a refund was coming. NO refund so far. This is the second time this has happened to me with ETSY, and the 'buyer protection' from ETSY is a scam, there is NO buyer protection. Plus there is NO way to call anyone. How convenient! I wish I could give zero star rating.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Etsy is one of the top places to shop. They have an amazing variety of beautiful items. The sellers are so wonderful and want to help create the best they can for you. I'm an online shopper because of my disability so I rely heavily on the top shopping sites.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Etsy is a huge scam. They ruined my business by closing my account with no explanation, and now they are holding my funds for 120 days. They charged me for listing fees and they closed my shop, won't refund my fees, and now holding my hard earned money. We need to stop them in their tracks, and start a class action lawsuit against them. I need at least 40 names and complaints to bring to the lawyer to proceed with a case. If you are interested in bringing them down then email me at **, we will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have to agree with everyone on not having buyer protection. I bought something that came in damaged and contacted the seller with no response. Of course they don't have to respond, they already have your money, and nobody backing you up to help. I won't ever use Etsy again. It's a joke. Go with Amazon or Ebay, somewhere where you have a bit more protection and these sites are legit. Now I am out of money and have nothing but a headache to show for it.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I really like Etsy as it is a site that you can find unique items. Sometimes, products come from overseas so it takes long to get something you purchased from another country. Specialty items are somewhat costly but when you find "one of a kind" items, you are willing to pay for them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Worst customer service & "buyer protection." I've been a customer of Etsy for years. Recently, I filed my first dispute. A seller sold me FAKE non-authentic Swarovski items for $100. Even when I had proof from Swarovski themselves that they were fake, I did not receive a dollar back. Also, they don't have a number you can call them at. When I finally got them to call me, they did not resolve my issue or stop a seller from contacting & harassing me because of my bad review. They said "if he does it again, contact us." He did & I called yet again. They did absolutely NOTHING. Did not block him from contacting me. Never gave me a dollar back. I paid $100 for fake Swarovski items, even after PROVING they were fake through Swarovski. Etsy only protects the sellers. Even when they are selling NON AUTHENTIC items, they will favor the sellers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

If you have a good seller it may work but the site itself does not help with problems. They just want you to buy and go away. Southeastfunkyjunk out of Traverse City Mi is one example. I purchased an item and they would not respond to any emails. They sent no tracking or so much as an "I will get it out to you".

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My credit card was defrauded on Etsy. I found the problem and tried to contact them. My credit card company also helped me try to contact them. They have no customer service number. Ten days after the fraudulent charges appeared, I finally figured out a way through their pull down menus to get them to call me. That got me through to the rerouter who said Risk would eventually call me or email me. Well they did and they said they had located the guilty party and were taking action, but they did not remove the pending charges from my card! The card company can only flag the charges, only Etsy can remove them. So I helped Etsy find a crook, since I wasn't going to pay for wrongful charges. But they won't remove the charges. Some game!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

This is the most unprofessional site I have ever worked with! Not only do they close your store with no explanation, keep your funds for 6 months after they close your store with no explanation, but they ignore your emails. And then a month later, if they do respond, they still do not explain anything but say "This is final decision therefore we will not respond to any more emails."

I absolutely cannot believe this company! They have almost $300 of MY money. All my items were shipped to customers with great feedback, absolutely no problems! And Etsy says they hold your funds in case there is a buyer complaint and have to refund them. MY orders are all shipped. NO complaints! Payments went through. And Etsy gets to keep it for 6 months after they close my store without proof of any wrongdoing! And THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING. What kind of complaint is this, that they can cheat all these people?! (There are a million other complaints.) UNBELIEVABLE AND YOU CAN'T DO A Damn thing about it!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I am a merchant on Etsy. There is suppose to be a one time .20 listing fee per item. Yet every month I am billed between $12-20.00 in fees for nothing! They provide no customer service, charge for nothing & want to suck you dry for promotions they don't make. Keep your money & open a free website. They do not help the small business person! I am taking my listings down & putting them on my website.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Unsophisticated product construction. Seller refused to recognize and accept responsibility. Confusing policies. Purchase price refunded but buyer stuck with significant return postage to a remote location 3,000 miles away in another country. Seller refused to apply postage to exchange for more expensive product. Seller refused replacement purchase and closed out account so that buyer could not open a case or write a review. Six-week process from beginning to end due to very long ship times each way. Buyer basically has no recourse if there is a problem with seller. Etsy appears to be on side of seller. Corporate is inaccessible and very difficult to work with. Having its own problems: 15% layoffs, stock price down, sales down, poor website navigation issues. (See recent WSJ articles.) Was essentially my first experience with Etsy. Will never again buy on Etsy. It's Amazon and eBay all the way. Phooey on Etsy.

Etsy Company Information