1.40/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

639 Etsy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

For many years I have had trouble with Etsy, mainly communication. Not being able to log in then getting inane "solutions" that did not work, I'd just go round and round in an endless loop of changing passwords, still not being able to log in and being advised to change password again, If you cannot log in you cannot communicate your issues, their whole attitude was, "we don't care". So I did not deal with them for years. Then I wanted to buy a pair of shoes for a special occasion and found what I thought were perfect in a store called Vodum. Well I was wrong! The first communication with Vodum was "nice" polite, etc however all ensuing attempts at communication yielded an attitude of, "You stupid customer, read the website". Read the website as I may I STILL cannot find a size guide. Ask as I did I was frustrated with non answers and evasions.

In the end I foolishly took a chance, ordered the shoes, paid the money. I had recently bought a pair of shoes sized US 7.5 and they fitted me fine. When the shoes finally arrived from Vodum I could not get even half of my foot in the shoe. I asked to return and was smugly told, "You should have read the returns policy". On going back to the site I find a very well hidden returns policy which even when I found it is fairly ambiguous. I still cannot find a size guide nor can I find emails I sent asking several questions among which was one about sizes. These people echo the business principles of Etsy, very pretentious, offer whatever in order to get a sale then who cares about the customer.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After selling here for 6 months (200+) sales my account was suspended and they failed to tell me why! I had good reviews, followed guidelines and they shut my store down. They held on to my money and I still have not received it. I am absolutely disgusted that they have failed to tell me why it was suspended and I have not heard a word about my money. DO NOT SELL HERE. THEY ARE SHADY!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased a $23.00 small TEAK lamp from this Seller plus a $14.50 shipping charge. Many delivery problems ensued for which the Seller responded with sarcasm, not action. Item finally arrived 10 days late. Buyer immediately found that the lamp was made of Pine, not Teak as stated in Seller's Ad Title. Teak is significantly more valuable than Pine. Seller never questioned the type of wood at any time, suggesting that he knowingly misrepresented lamp or had questions about its actual material. Seller refused return since ad description stated that item was light colored wood and did not restate TEAK as in the title. Seller then adopted a hostile position in multiple emails to Seller. ETSY intervened but did not require Seller to provide a Prepaid return shipping label even though they determined that Seller is 100% liable for misrepresenting the lamp.

Since return shipping is more than 60% of item and Seller has shown hostility toward Buyer, Buyer cannot depend upon Seller's integrity to refund all return costs. Buyer refused to return item unless Seller provided a Pre-paid Shipping Label. Neither ETSY nor Seller, "WhatsOnTheMantel", responded to Buyer's demand. By Seller's logic: FOR SALE: 2002 BUICK REGAL. Ad Description: May not be a Buick. Seller later wrote to me that they are not AMAZON. For that, we agree! I will NEVER do business with ETSY or any of their Sellers again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The reason for my review is to hopefully help others not be victims of a crooked shop "Etsy", legally (with no remorse or shame) steal from members. My story is in an Email I sent to Etsy customer support after being shut down without warning... "Hang tight" Is what your email will say after you send an email to Etsy asking why your shop is shut down... "We'll get back to you within 24 hrs". LOL! What's the point of sending an email to you, if you aren't going to respond. After waiting 4 days, I decided to write Etsy again.

"You continue to play God with people's lives. I decided to write this email to get some sort of satisfaction (in my own weird way) and a peace of mind. I was debating if I should write this email, but after thinking about how you have put my family, my kids in a horrific situation, I decided I should describe to you the impact you've caused by what you did to us. I too can sit behind a desk (like you) to voice my opinion about your customer service. Can't get any worse. Frankieis it? I wanted you to know that I've made honest mistakes from the minute I opened this account as I didn't know how to list and use the tools properly to comply with your policy. This was in the early days. After learning how to list, I listed to the best of my ability and did a great job the past 3 years. (Doesn't 3 years in good standard count for anything?)

I researched others Etsy shops to make it easier to list and comply, as the internet doesn't supply much information on all sunglasses regarding how old they are at the drop of a hat. And so I researched other shops on Etsy that sell "vintage" sunglasses. And because of the many that are out there selling what they believe to be vintage, I was at ease listing the same brand name. There are hundreds of different shops selling (as we speak) the same brand name you accused me of not being vintage. In the past and even now. I wonder, did someone flag my shop to deliberately sabotage my life? Will I ever know? Not likely.

I opened ** 3 years ago and I have worked hard making it a fun shop for people. And In the process, I made Etsy a substantial amount of money.

My customers were very happy with the customer service (something you lack in the highest level). I maintained my shop in good standards, paid my fees seconds after I made a sale and responded to all who bought from me with the utmost respect. My customer service was on another level and am very proud of my achievement regardless on what you've done. You made such a horrible decision to have shut me down on a pair of Burberry sunglasses. Have you researched the many Etsy sellers that have Burberry listed on their page or was I singled out? Perhaps flagged? And you just click, shut me down, all gone! How old are you, 10? Where are your customer skills? I wonder, are we living on the same planet? Or are you seriously thinking you have what it takes with customer service, and sleep good at night...

I was a good shop, and have done nothing DISHONEST to have been treated like I stole from someone, or cheated anyone out of anything. To make such a drastic decision based on a pair of sunglasses out of my 250+ listings was beyond me. You shut me down like I was a piece of trash while having 5 star rating and 300+ Positive reviews. But hey, if 3 years of income for you, from my shop is petty cash and you don't need it then why bother allowing people to sign up in the first place?! (scam??!) The least you can do is refund for the listing fees and release the funds you have captive. Customers have received their items. Release the funds! You should be ashamed of yourself and the rest of the clan at Etsy!

You speak of honesty and integrity over and over in your policy, I wonder where you copied it from and why paste it, if you don't practice your preaching! And the new owner, how on earth did he make his money to buy Etsy when you shut down 50% of the shops. Why would you shut down something that makes you money is beyond comprehending. I wonder, is he aware of how many families you've destroyed? Maybe so. On another note maybe the new owner makes his money by shutting down shops and stealing the fees and sales money and using the policy to rectify how he can... In the end, as anyone received a refund, money from their sales? Coward... is what you are! Sitting behind a desk using the power of God to shut someone down with a click of a finger in a split second and let them rot while wondering if you'll ever respond to their emails. Shame on you!

I've not experienced this type of behavior in my life and it has taken a toll as you can see from all I written. You should be stopped. Not sure how, who will succeed, but hope it will happen soon! Make no mistake, "what goes around comes around". You just wait your turn. You will reap what you've sown! Not asking to restore my shop as I've begged the past week with no reply. And after reading all the horror stories on ConsumerAffairs, I had to join and was adamant on telling my story. Hopefully it will comfort someone by accepting the fact that you will not respond nor restore their shop.

Therefore, move on and spread the word that Etsy, what was once a big hit and cool, is operated by some low lives amateurs that stumbled on a great idea but unfortunately lacked everything needed to stay the course. Etsy is now considered a pathetic site. Not to be trusted as it is temporary and while you think things are going good, the carpet can be pulled right from under you in a blink of an eye. You took the fun out of what was once a fun thing to do."

Be a dear and let the new owner read this, would love to hear what a successful business man has to say to the families that have suffered due to their customer service. To conclude this overwritten review about Etsy customer service, staff and their policy, I'd like to warn everyone to be careful on joining Etsy! Whether you're a buyer or seller be careful! Better yet, don't waste your time because you never know when your time is up... How sad is that!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

After having a shop on Etsy for 5 years, Etsy decided to close my shop without any notice or warning. Their reason was because another member of my household had a shop that they determined was not following their "guidelines". NOT ME BUT ANOTHER RELATIVE! I had no relationship with their shop whatsoever. They also decided to hold my remaining funds from my sales for 180 days, even though all my final merchandise was delivered with proof of tracking. It should be illegal to hold funds for that amount of time when everything has been delivered and accepted. Sellers, if you are relying on Etsy for your only income, please beware that they can shut you down without any warning and for any reason. They don't even give you the courtesy of a warning and also refuse to discuss the problem to find a solution.

Not to mention that they have no phone number to call with questions, they will only call you after you have sent an email and even then you are not allowed to speak with the "higher ups" who make these decisions. You can only speak with someone who will tell you that they will forward your information for review. I am sure they won’t be around much longer with their business tactics and terrible customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Etsy is not a marketplace for finding unique handcrafted items. A majority of the listings are resellers in all categories that buy cheap from China and pass off their products as handmade or vintage. Prices are so low for these items that a person handcrafting the same item, even if materials were bought at wholesale, could never produce the product for the same price. Maybe handcrafted it no longer desirable, or maybe Etsy is too beholding to its shareholder to keep profits high. Whichever the reason, the vision Etsy started with as being a selling platform for artisan crafters has been replaced with an eBay like platform and a race to the bottom with the lowest prices and skill be damned. So very sad.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I've bought something on Etsy.com, paid to the seller the same day (£438), money have been deducted from may Paypal account the same day. Then I've received the message from Etsy.com, that the order still processing... It has been over 3 days now and the seller did not receive the payment yet. I've tried to contact the Etsy.com, but they absolutely ignore me. What a nightmare!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I ordered cards and after a WEEK was told it was a private listing and a refund was coming. NO refund so far. This is the second time this has happened to me with ETSY, and the 'buyer protection' from ETSY is a scam, there is NO buyer protection. Plus there is NO way to call anyone. How convenient! I wish I could give zero star rating.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Etsy is one of the top places to shop. They have an amazing variety of beautiful items. The sellers are so wonderful and want to help create the best they can for you. I'm an online shopper because of my disability so I rely heavily on the top shopping sites.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Etsy is a huge scam. They ruined my business by closing my account with no explanation, and now they are holding my funds for 120 days. They charged me for listing fees and they closed my shop, won't refund my fees, and now holding my hard earned money. We need to stop them in their tracks, and start a class action lawsuit against them. I need at least 40 names and complaints to bring to the lawyer to proceed with a case. If you are interested in bringing them down then email me at **, we will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have to agree with everyone on not having buyer protection. I bought something that came in damaged and contacted the seller with no response. Of course they don't have to respond, they already have your money, and nobody backing you up to help. I won't ever use Etsy again. It's a joke. Go with Amazon or Ebay, somewhere where you have a bit more protection and these sites are legit. Now I am out of money and have nothing but a headache to show for it.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I really like Etsy as it is a site that you can find unique items. Sometimes, products come from overseas so it takes long to get something you purchased from another country. Specialty items are somewhat costly but when you find "one of a kind" items, you are willing to pay for them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Worst customer service & "buyer protection." I've been a customer of Etsy for years. Recently, I filed my first dispute. A seller sold me FAKE non-authentic Swarovski items for $100. Even when I had proof from Swarovski themselves that they were fake, I did not receive a dollar back. Also, they don't have a number you can call them at. When I finally got them to call me, they did not resolve my issue or stop a seller from contacting & harassing me because of my bad review. They said "if he does it again, contact us." He did & I called yet again. They did absolutely NOTHING. Did not block him from contacting me. Never gave me a dollar back. I paid $100 for fake Swarovski items, even after PROVING they were fake through Swarovski. Etsy only protects the sellers. Even when they are selling NON AUTHENTIC items, they will favor the sellers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

If you have a good seller it may work but the site itself does not help with problems. They just want you to buy and go away. Southeastfunkyjunk out of Traverse City Mi is one example. I purchased an item and they would not respond to any emails. They sent no tracking or so much as an "I will get it out to you".

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My credit card was defrauded on Etsy. I found the problem and tried to contact them. My credit card company also helped me try to contact them. They have no customer service number. Ten days after the fraudulent charges appeared, I finally figured out a way through their pull down menus to get them to call me. That got me through to the rerouter who said Risk would eventually call me or email me. Well they did and they said they had located the guilty party and were taking action, but they did not remove the pending charges from my card! The card company can only flag the charges, only Etsy can remove them. So I helped Etsy find a crook, since I wasn't going to pay for wrongful charges. But they won't remove the charges. Some game!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

This is the most unprofessional site I have ever worked with! Not only do they close your store with no explanation, keep your funds for 6 months after they close your store with no explanation, but they ignore your emails. And then a month later, if they do respond, they still do not explain anything but say "This is final decision therefore we will not respond to any more emails."

I absolutely cannot believe this company! They have almost $300 of MY money. All my items were shipped to customers with great feedback, absolutely no problems! And Etsy says they hold your funds in case there is a buyer complaint and have to refund them. MY orders are all shipped. NO complaints! Payments went through. And Etsy gets to keep it for 6 months after they close my store without proof of any wrongdoing! And THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING. What kind of complaint is this, that they can cheat all these people?! (There are a million other complaints.) UNBELIEVABLE AND YOU CAN'T DO A Damn thing about it!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I am a merchant on Etsy. There is suppose to be a one time .20 listing fee per item. Yet every month I am billed between $12-20.00 in fees for nothing! They provide no customer service, charge for nothing & want to suck you dry for promotions they don't make. Keep your money & open a free website. They do not help the small business person! I am taking my listings down & putting them on my website.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Unsophisticated product construction. Seller refused to recognize and accept responsibility. Confusing policies. Purchase price refunded but buyer stuck with significant return postage to a remote location 3,000 miles away in another country. Seller refused to apply postage to exchange for more expensive product. Seller refused replacement purchase and closed out account so that buyer could not open a case or write a review. Six-week process from beginning to end due to very long ship times each way. Buyer basically has no recourse if there is a problem with seller. Etsy appears to be on side of seller. Corporate is inaccessible and very difficult to work with. Having its own problems: 15% layoffs, stock price down, sales down, poor website navigation issues. (See recent WSJ articles.) Was essentially my first experience with Etsy. Will never again buy on Etsy. It's Amazon and eBay all the way. Phooey on Etsy.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

This company offers no customer service. Protects no seller against fraud and lets competitors damage your reputation. Stay with feebay. They are not the best but at least there is some customer service. Etsy is big corp under the guise of helping the little guy. BS they help themselves to your money and no support.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

This is a delightful website with one of a kind and artisan products. I like the benefit of being able to communicate with seller/artist and get customized products or detailed information. I have never had to use customer service as I have worked issues out directly with seller... Such as items damaged in transit.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I'm in Canada. I ordered 20 hearts from this website. I paid 35$ including postal fees for them. After 3 weeks of no news, I email the seller. The seller is located in Israel!!! If I had known, I would not have ordered them. It takes forever to get the product delivered. I would have found a similar product closer to home. I can tell you that I will never ever do business with this website again.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I sold an item on Etsy.com. The buyer shipped me back an item that I didn't sell. I sent pictures of what he returned but etsy.com still refunded his money and closed my account after refusing to speak to me by phone. I would never use etsy.com again. I even shipped him back the fake item he had returned to me. BEWARE OF ETSY.COM. Sellers are treated like trash.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I have been a seller on Etsy since 2009. We were able to build our hobby business into a full time business as well as hire 9 employees. We had a 5 star rating, brought in 40,000+ a month in sales making custom furniture. We had noticed that we were getting fewer and fewer views. People were duplicating our work too. Things were starting to slow down big time. In May of 2017, Etsy sent us a letter that said if we got 1 negative review, or had a case opened against us, then we would be suspended and our money held for 120 days.

I had made the mistake, of writing Etsy in November about some concerns, and asking about making the shipping time on the invoices longer. They said that it would not change and just to be sure to tell our customers that we had a long wait. We did this. We told each person that we were 14 weeks out on orders, as well as put it in the listings, shipping pages and policies. Well, one day, someone did not contact us first about their order, and just opened a case. That was it. Our shop and our money was gone. How does someone run a $40,000+ a month business and then snap, nothing? How do we pay our employees and our bills?

Etsy has ruined us. They just do not care. They lost $2,000+ a month in fees just from us. Not to mention, all of the other people that have left because of the new checkout policies. It's ok for a person with a hobby, it's not good for someone who wants to really make it. From other things I've read online, it's only a matter of time before they go belly up too.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I bought a memorial necklace from bestnamenecklace. Sent instructions. A photo. And of course my money. Received an email from them with the wrong instructions. Contacted them back 8 times without a reply. Found a message machine that just says leave a message online so you don't even know if it is actually this company. Etsy is no eBay. There is no real recourse with them. So you are out of luck and money if there is an issue. Do not buy from Etsy or their vendor bestnamenecklace.

Original review: July 19, 2017

On Jun 13 I ordered the three insulated beach bags. The same day I received a confirmation of purchase stating the order # and that processing time is 3-5 business days. As I have been accustomed to getting a secondary email for shipped orders on other ETSY transactions and had never had issues before, I awaited my package, thinking it would arrive within a month or so. On July 11, 2017 I realized I had not received the bags and went searching for the email with a tracking number or any information regarding the shipping process. I found the email with the tracking information, clicked on the link and noticed it stated it had been delivered on Jun 26.

This surprised me for a few reasons. First of all I did not receive an email when stating my order had been shipped and secondly 90% of my ETSY transactions were a ‘sign on receipt of product’ transaction meaning more often than not I had to go to the Fed Ex or Post office and sign for them as I am rarely home upon delivery. It turns out this time Fed Ex left the package there as it was not sent as a ‘sign upon receipt’ package. At this point I follow ETSY’s prompts and confirm it is the correct address, yes it is. I contact the seller and she states the following “Unfortunately there isn't a lot I can do on my end. Once it is given to the carrier I don't have any say or control over what happens. They are responsible for it at that point. I would recommend contacting FedEx with the tracking number and seeing if they can help find it!”

So, I follow what has been asked of me despite the discouragement that the seller came across not interested in helping locate my items. Fed Ex’s response was that because it was past a two week window of their delivery date on file I was unable to open a complaint, however the seller could in order to recoup her money. I explained to the woman that I was out the money and not the seller, she told me that because I was not the shipper there is nothing I could do and to contact the seller as it is their responsibility. I contacted the seller again outlining this and requesting a solution and was again directed to put in my own claim. ETSY has also been less than helpful, claiming it is not expected that the seller reimburse me or send another product out but that they ‘hope’ we can work it out. There seems to be little accountability for the seller here.

Here are a few ways this could have been remedied: I should have received an email stating the item had been shipped. Receiving some type of compensation seeing as the seller is able to make an insurance claim recouping most if not all of her money. However I am out both money AND the product itself. ETSY having a policy that orders over X amount of dollars (for example $25-30) require a signature upon pick up. With less than three weeks until my wedding I have had to search for someone else with a similar product, pay again and hope I can get my money back. Not only is it frustrating that I have to start over with the gifts, I am out of money and time but that there was no compassion from the seller at all, not even to meet me half way. I definitely would not purchase from this person again and IF I ever purchase from ETSY sellers at all I will make sure they are ‘sign upon receipt’ type packages.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I was a successful seller on Etsy for 2 years with my mom and sister. Out of the sudden someone flagged my listing. I e-mailed Integrity department to find out why this happened and how to fix that. Instead of an answer I received generic and vague e-mail saying our shop does not qualify for etsy market. No explanation. Nothing. There was a point saying that we might have lied about our store location or size of our business!!! And we disclosed all information about us. Even address, links to our other web pages. We thought etsy is a cozy and frank community. In fact, it is an abusive corporation that wants your money and makes re-sellers flourish while abusing small business.

We were selling handmade jewelry and accessories. We did everything by ourselves. The e-mail said that our store will be deleted in one month. I asked for detailed information. Account was instantly suspended and money frozen. Etsy took our money (they did not refund money we spent on listings-around 100$). I had to cancel 3 orders. I still hoped this is a misunderstanding. Later it turned out my partner is blocked as well! She was using the same computer from time to time. We also work in the same building. She was contacting etsy support as well. They responded that she is banned because of overlapping information between our accounts.

We tried to explain we are separate people. She did not have a store. She was just shopping on etsy. Yet, we all got blocked. We asked what should one do if s/he lived in a household with people who have other etsy accounts. Not even stores!!! No response, no explanation. 2 years down the drain!!! Integrity department is not trying to help anyone. Etsy support is not supportive or nice. Etsy can destroy your store anytime without any explanation. They can make you feel like a criminal without you even violating any policies. Just because they like playing God. My advice to all of you - do not open stores there. If you can buy directly from a seller or on other site - please do. Because one day a seller can get closed without any reason, lose clients. Before that paying thousands of $ for etsy in taxes and ad fees. This is a horrible company with abysmal, usually non-existent customer service.

Original review: July 12, 2017

In 2013 Etsy changed its platform from one who allows artists to sell handmade crafts and art to one where anyone can sell anything. This opened the doors to vendors from China, Taiwan, and Timbuktu. You may end up waiting months for an item to arrive, if it does. I ordered cabinet handles that were not as described - pieces that were a "set" to fit together. I'd asked the seller about some specifics about the items, the height, if they were meant for drawers. I was assured they'd "work perfectly." They arrived with pieces packaged differently, by different manufacturers and would not fit. The screws were too short, the finishes didn't match, not a set. I had to pay to ship them back before I could get a refund and could not get my shipping charges of $13.60 refunded.

The seller claimed she never received the items back (I had proof of delivery). I did finally get a refund nagging "Etsy Support" which is really nonexistent. I don't know why I should be out over $13 due to seller misrepresentation. When I asked why she assured me they'd work, she said, "I never checked", listing was incorrect. I want my $13.60 refunded. The support personnel don't have any authority to do anything to resolve an issue. It's buyer and seller beware. You could be dealing with someone on the other side of the world with no protection. Don't spend money you don't mind losing.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have been a seller on Etsy since 2010. I considered myself successful, since my sales had reached at least $1,000 a month for 2 or more years... consistently. In Oct. 2016, my sales became nearly non-existent. This abrupt halt in sales forced me into foreclosure on my home, and I nearly lost my car. In April, 2017, I received an email from Etsy stating they had been conducting "experiments" on shops. The email referenced an Announcement in the forums. When I went to the forums, I was horrified to find out that many sellers were experiencing the same thing. We were given no notice, we continued to list and renew items, while sales dwindled. To be told 6 months later seems criminal. Many successful sellers have reported being homeless when these "experiments" cost them what had been a consistent income. I was not receiving the services I paid for.

I have since learned that Etsy manipulates search, hijacks links that people pay to promote their listings, and they suspended nearly 60,000 shops that refused to accept the Etsy payment processor (these shops preferred PayPal as their processor). These shops were suspended before their listing expired, therefore, they were not able to receive the service they had paid for. Etsy has begun the practice of showing other seller items on OUR listings, stripping our shops of all branding we have been "taught" to achieve. Etsy has ignored the pleas of the sellers, and has begun closing any negative threads and permanently muting sellers who voice their complaints. Etsy's actions have had a serious effect on the livelihoods of experienced sellers. Buyer complaints also fill the forums, as the cart is impossible to work with. How can they continue to get away with this?

Original review: July 10, 2017

I'm a seller on ETSY. I have made lots of sales during a short period of time, selling vintage jewelry. I have come across a buyer from hell. Etsy, customer service allows this bully buyer to dictate their actions and have suspended my store. The buyer received a refund even though I did not receive the brooch I had sold them. It's been agonizing for over a month. I want to end this matter and have refunded their shipping. Now buyer tells ETSY to keep my store closed until I get the brooch. It's been over a month and I did not get brooch - I don't even want it back because I just want to carry on. ETSY customer service rarely communicates with me and follows the bullying directions of the buyer. I am Canadian and feel that maybe we are treated differently but I see that others have the same feel.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I've had an Etsy shop since the middle of 2013 and have sold over 2,000+ items and have an overall rating of 4.8 stars. Suddenly, my shop was shut down this year because of one "non-delivery" case that was opened against my shop. The item was delivered to the customer and when I tried to contact Etsy they told me "too bad" and they were unwilling to work with me again. For someone who has invested $1,000's of dollars in my company have a prescience on Etsy you would think they would at least give me an explanation as to why an item that was delivered to my customer would be the reason for my shop to be shut down.

At this point, Etsy has not responded to ANY of my emails or phone calls since this time and has told me they will be holding onto all of my funds for 6 months! Overall, since Etsy has gone public as a company I have seen a huge decline in their customer service for both their buyers and sellers. If you're a seller, I'd highly recommend using any other platform or means needed to start your business before looking towards Etsy.

Etsy Company Information