2.51/5
Based on 880 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 24, 2018

3923 eBay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I first came buying off from eBay cause of the good display and bought it over 3 years and let me tell you... Most of the products pictures are from other sources and they sell fake stuff that they make, which are far less quality, wrong products, cheaper versions, not safe and not guaranteed. The shipping costs less but it takes about 2 months for a product to arrive and they don't have a ratings for INDIVIDUAL items. They only do ratings for each sellers so the sellers slips numerous bad stuff among them and the customers don't even know cause they have generally good ratings. When you go on their ratings, they get a lot of negatives but the customers don't know which products are getting those so it is meaningless. I got fooled by this website. DON'T BUY OFF OF THEM!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I would suggest that as a seller of items you stay away from eBay. As a seller you have 0 rights. I was selling model train items from my father's estate which included engines. Most of the engines are used and as such I tested them and took videos of each of them so I could prove that they ran if needed. One of the buyers claimed that the engine was broken and requested a return. eBay won't let you deny a return. I called and they said it doesn't matter that the item may have been damaged in shipping or that the buyer programmed the engine wrong and damaged it, so the seller has to pay for any potential issues, real or not. Oh and I get to pay for the buyer to ship back the item he broke. The buyer also choose not to pay for shipping insurance. I have just a few items left to sell, but will never sell or buy using eBay again.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Yesterday I attempted to change the payment method for eBay fees, there was an issue, I contacted customer services and some while later I was told the problem lay with my bank. It does not. I emailed eBay to re-address the issue, in their reply they suggested I post screenshot images of the page containing my bank details of a third party free image hosting site so they can review them. Obviously I did not do that. eBay must know that advice such as this must be verging on the criminally negligent! It is beyond belief that any company in this day and age could even think of proposing such a course of action. I will be closing my account with them immediately.

Original review: May 19, 2018

eBay approves a foreign buyer, verified his identity and confirmed the address that in reality was a PO Box address used for fraudulent activity. All disputes are automatically decided in buyer’s favor.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Good grief! I tried searching with all words in QUOTES (eBay now requires this if you actually want to see results that actually contain your keywords lol!) "original" "oem" "authentic" "apple" "charging" "cable". What I got were pages and pages of totally FAKE, COUNTERFEIT cables. Every single listing was for cheap knockoff aftermarket cables being sold by a bunch of DISHONEST sellers. Ebay has gotten so big now and are raking in tons money, but isn't concerned about their buyers enough to take affirmative action and PERMANENTLY BAN SCAMMERS from selling on eBay anymore once they're busted. It seems as long as the money's rolling in, they're fine with it. So disheartening, I’m shopping for things less and less on eBay and buying the same items elsewhere for comparable prices. It's worth the few extra cents just not having to deal with eBay's silly search rules and all the scammer sellers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was told DVD was not in stock so I ordered another from Amazon then I had email saying DVD series was coming. I also ordered 1 series but somehow 2 is coming of the same from different buyers. I know I am not that stupid but eBay wouldn't have it. I find it's more of a scam to get your money. Trying to get money back will be hard I bet and will be out of pocket. Stick to Amazon. YOU will be sorry. eBay tried telling me I was not sent an email to say they was out of stock. I am fuming.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was charged $400 selling fees for an item I haven’t sold. They advised me that emails from buyers and sellers cannot contain personal information. I became compliant after knowing supposed to be a new rule but still got charged for their assumption I sold an item outside their eBay platform. I have bought about 600 items on eBay and despite of being a member since 2006 still got scammed. EBay has changed so much for worse in the last few years. I have had so many bad buying experiences that I don’t feel like I won’t ever buy or recommend buying from eBay ever again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I purchased a pair of sunglasses described as "mint" condition. They arrived badly defective. I sent them back and waited for a refund. I left negative feedback stating that the seller had tried to trick me by selling badly defective glasses as mint. The seller knows how to work the system and opened a claim with eBay. Ebay refunded the purchase price for the seller, the seller made $100 off of eBay, then eBay REMOVED my negative feedback rating completely, in fact, eBay has removed at least 3 negative feedback ratings from this deadbeat seller. I reported eBay to the Better Business Bureau, demanding my feedback be restored and they claimed they "couldn't talk about a seller", but the seller had filed a claim under eBay seller protection or something.

The seller clearly knows how to scam and work the system and eBay is protecting their deadbeat sellers while forcing me to wait almost 5 weeks for a refund on a defective item. I am so upset, I refuse to ever shop on eBay again. I had no idea they would remove so many bad feedback ratings from scumbag sellers. Dooberfuss is the name of the awful eBay seller you want to avoid at all costs. He/She/It would have had to be blind or mentally retarded to not notice those glasses were defective before trying to scam me.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have sold on email many times. I recently sold a black Gucci bag. The listing said NO returns. The listing had photos of both inside and outside the bag. The buyer emailed me and asked about the condition and I told her she would have to clean the inside because it’s dirty and there are a few pen marks in there. She said it would be no problem. The buyer wanted a refund when she received the bag, claiming there were black stains. The buyer provided no photos of this and claims the stains were black yet the bag is black! Makes no sense. eBay rules in favor of the buyer, despite NO photos and emails and photos in the listing that supported my claim that the buyer was fully aware of the condition of the bag. In addition to that, eBay does not uphold to a NO return policy. This is the second time something like this has occurred and eBay does NOT support the seller IN ANY CASE. Sell your stuff somewhere else!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

First bad experience in probably 20 years on eBay. eBay seller completely lied in the listing. eBay will not intervene because it's a power seller. I can return the item but might get hit with a 20% restocking fee. It was fraud and eBay sides with the seller. No more eBay for me, if you haven't been taken yet you will be if you keep using that site. Amazon at least protects the buyer.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have tried to buy a nice LV handbag for my mom cause Mother's Day is coming but the seller/SCAMMER has sent a big box with full of papers and no LV bag. I was excited to receive the package and opened in front of my mom but there was NO LV bag in the box. My mom is shocked and almost falling off the chair. I have contacted eBay Team right away but they said I need to wait 1 week for the seller to respond but as you know if the SCAMMER have planned to do this scam, he/she has prepared this. Please stay away from this SCAMMER. I can't forget this day as hurting mine and my mother's feeling. Now praying to GOD to receive my money back as I'm working to earn my proper money. So sad and too bad!!!

Updated on 05/22/2018: Following up with LV bag for Mother’s Day, eBay took my review off the scammer review so good luck if you want to buy anything on eBay as they wanted to protect scammer. Again please stay away from the scammer. I’ll also address this to our local news about this matter. So many scammers nowadays on eBay as they are trying to take money from good people. Here is the images of empty box with full of papers.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Item not received and seller did not refund money back. eBay does not care for its buyer and does not serve customer very well. The customer service was so bad and the supervisor was not helpful. I made a purchase via eBay, but I forgot to put my apartment number on the shipping address. The item got returned back to the seller and the seller being contacted to reship the item back. The seller requested reshipping cost and the cost was made. Then, the resolution center being contacted and asked to email the seller. I doubt it the eBay resolution center associate emailed the seller. After that the seller did not respond back to me. My whole experience with eBay service will get a rate of zero. Zero customer service and are not capable of handling issues or becoming a mediator between the seller and buyer. Poor customer service. I do not recommend to anyone to use eBay.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have been dealing with eBay to get my money back when I did not receive the item. eBay says the seller is right and I am wrong. The seller's email no longer works. eBay seems to be partnered with this seller to take my money. So how many others are being done this way? Below is the email quote from the seller to me and they never refunded me and eBay says that does not matter that the seller said they would refund me, eBay says the seller does not have to refund me. "Well soon you will receive a full refund of your money. Not worry. Thank you I'm very sorry for what happened." I will never use eBay anymore and I will be posting about this on many websites, I am even going on the local TV next week to talk about how eBay is helping people steal.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I was foolish enough to send a dress for a refund WITHOUT a tracking number. The seller didn't refund. And a few days later listed the exact same dress for selling. Needless to say, eBay didn't even write to a seller for a clarification. Hello, Amazon. The name of the seller: virtualthreads.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have purchased many thing from eBay in the past few years. Usually everything goes well. Items shipped in few days after payment, delivered as expected. But when something goes wrong it can be really frustrating. Sellers offer you replacement for item you haven't received which in my opinion shouldn't be doing. Because sellers says they send you a replacement and ask you to close a case you have opened. And poof... after that they disappear. After some time you realize that there was no replacement. And you can't do anything because case is already closed. And there is no one you can ask for help. Do not accept any replacement, if something goes wrong just say you want your money back.

Original review: May 7, 2018

eBay has become a shadow of its old self. I have been an eBay seller and buyer or over 10 years and they have come a nickel and dime your company with little to none of a service dept. And they let lying buyers control how they run their operation and all waysides with the seller when there is a seller buyer dispute when there is a issue and they try to avoid getting involved and make it very hard for the buyer to get some help from them when basically is being ripped off by the buyer with that Brig said, “They just don't care."

Their feedback program is the biggest joke in the online retail industry which allows buyers to leave any kind of negative feedback they wish to leave on the buying experience but the seller cannot do the same to the eBay con artist that are invading their site help. You are not allowed to leave negative feedback on eBay buyers to warn other sellers of their intentions before selling to them which is shameful. Their fee rates are getting ridiculous and they sneak in increases and other fees at every opportunity they get. Also they make navigating their site extremely difficult (on purpose in my opinion) to navigate so that costly mistakes can be made by the account holder which in turn eBay can steal more money from them.

I soon will be cancelling my eBay account and their partner in crime PayPal too and will not purchase another item from them in the future (too many other better options) and advise anyone looking to open an honest internet business online to look at all the other options available to you I.e. Tophatter, Amazon etc before you ever considering opening an account with eBay because you will regret it to no end. In closing eBay is becoming a dinosaur in the industry and fallen out of favor with millions of people who admired the site when it was launched but I will say this I will be happy when the end is here for eBay because the way they do business now all but guarantees it will be sooner rather than later.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Everything I am about to say is 100% true. This nothing to do with the vendor, just eBay. I have been an eBay customer for 19 years and have purchased over 600 items. Today I bought something and attempted to pay for it with gift cards. That did not work so I called customer service and got the runaround. I got referred back and forth between eBay and PayPal several times and talked to 8 people in about 2 hours. Apparently my eBay-issued gift cards cannot be used for my eBay purchase. What? Then why is there a place on the payment page to enter the gift card info to pay?

So because I could not use my gift cards, I requested to exchange them for cash. That is not allowed. Does that sound like fraud? I was told that customer service is important, but apparently not. I could go on and on about how unhelpful all parties concerned were, but that could take all day. I have always paid for my purchases promptly and will do that again with this purchase. Just not with gift cards for which eBay has already received their money but are unwilling to honor their obligation. Looks like eBay has lost me as a customer. Their loss.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Sold an item. Customer wanted to return. I issued refund. Customer didn't return the item (stole it). eBay would not help at all, even though they prompted to refund and issue shipping label, which I did. eBay told me I shouldn't have issued refund, yet, they told customer to throw away the item, which they denied they did say later. You can not leave negative feedback for buyer on eBay. eBay is one-sided. I will stop selling on eBay, move to Amazon and Etsy.

Original review: May 4, 2018

eBay no more buyer friendly. I bought a dress from a seller in China on Feb 05. This liar cheater seller DIDN'T disclose about possible holiday delay before taking payment. Then it shipped 20 days later. After 67 days no item. Asked many times eBay for help but instead of helping eBay told me to wait till 25 May: 90 days. So 90+20 days=110 days since payment. Even Worse They won't let you leave feedback after 45 days??? Seller didn't reply messages. Thanks???? To PayPal???? For helping get my hard earned money back. DON'T BUY AT EBAY! NEVER!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I bought brake pads for my car that I didn't get and until now I don't get a refund all, anyway I put a negative feedback to the seller but eBay after the phone call of the seller decides to erase my feedback. They don't like what I put there and eBay decide just to erase it and after my phonecall they told me that I can't put anything, of course, I don't have money back yet and there is anything that I can do. Don't trust in eBay.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Today I had to contact Customer Service to rectify a problem with a buyer and the seller assistance associate was so incompetent, I felt like the 10% commission I pay to eBay is just taken from me and I don't get anything in return. I am closing the account today and I do not recommend doing business with eBay. I am switching to Amazon where almost everyone is professional and paid fee goes long ways.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been selling on eBay for over 14 years. eBay is constantly making little changes in how we see information on such things as relisting etc. I wish they knew or either gave a care on how difficult this makes in on us out here to keep up and continue relearning how to relist, or get information we need. Even a small change throws us off completely and may require hours and hours of clicking this then that or worse yet finally have to contact a help personnel who usually has such an accent that we can't understand a word they are saying or more commonly it's a female with such a high squeaky pitch to her voice that it sounds like a cat whining on the other end of our phone.

With these problem it just compounds the efforts we have to go through to relearn how to get the information we need. All these years and I have gone through dozens of this aggravating changes with eBay but in that same period of time I have NEVER had even one change with the post office to print the postage used to mail out sold items. This alone should tell that eBay is just overdoing their constant changes about ever 2 to 3 months. Thank You.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I ordered items from lotsgoods88 through eBay and was informed order dispatched 31 Oct 17 ETA 21 Nov 17 to 18 Dec 17. When the time had passed I queried the delay and was informed they would send a second consignment. When that one's due date had come and gone I was informed 'lotsgoods88 is out of the office'. On 3 April 18 Ebay messaged me that I had been suspended and to phone a number in the USA. I was not prepared to spend money on an international call to be put into an automated service. They advised that they would find an alternate. I suspected a scam and advised them accordingly - no reply since. They have my money, I have no goods; they are unprofessional and act like some basement scam setup.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I sold a Platemaker on eBay, when buyer received it he said it was not pulling paper from the bottom tray. I sent manuals to change settings. He told eBay he wanted to return it and since I didn’t respond in 5 days they made me take it back. Paid for shipping both ways and their fees and credit buyer. eBay always sides with buyer.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I’ve been a seller since 2002 with 100% positive feedback as a seller. I am not a store or a company. I am a private seller and sell some item from time to time, item that I don’t need. However I have sold over 500 items with positive feedback. Lately eBay changed their policy that if you don’t sell anything for certain amount of time they will hold your funds and not release it which I think it’s not fair for an old time seller who has 100% positive feedback...

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have been selling on eBay since 2009 and never had a bad issue with products and 100% approval rate. I always got paid immediately after submitting shipping date and tracking numbers online. Last month I sold a brand new pair of leather riding boots and eBay held my payment until I called them several times asking to have my funds released? I just sold a expensive Emerald ring (Women's 14K Yellow over solid Sterling silver 9.0 CTW, Size 7), shipping the day after it was sold and paid for, submitting tracking and ship date.

Once more my payment is on hold and after 5 phone calls, a guy named Dane, in their San Jose location could not answer me when I asked why my payments are being held for up to 21 days? He kept speculating, "Maybe it is because you did not send a tracking number???" Wrong! I do not sell enough? eBay is charging fees and holding payments due to sellers for their sales. There needs to be some investigation on the way in which eBay is conducting business. They have become very shady!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I need my money back. The seller already received the item back, he also already sold again the item and I don't have my money back. This configures stolen property and eBay don't solve it. I need eBay to honor the Money Back Guarantee Program, the product is covered by the program as advertised but eBay simple denied it. The item was returned back on April 18. eBay was supposed to refund me in 4 days, April 24. eBay asked me to talk with Paypal but the order was done using Credit Card, Paypal was not involved in it. The seller didn't pay for the return back shipping. I need this money back also. The seller didn't send the charger as advertised. The phone doesn't work in Israel. He was supposed to know this and not me. I already left a negative review about the seller and passed almost a month the review is not live, I need this to be solved as well.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Agreed to terms that all insurance and fees were paid by seller and after paying the agreed price now I am told that the vehicle is undervalued and I have to pay for additional coverage. Why was this discovered after the unit was loaded for delivery?

Original review: April 24, 2018

I purchased a Hermes silk scarf from eBay seller Mon.Carre. Scarf was described as having stains, which I knew I could get out. When the scarf arrives it is riddled with more than 13 moth holes, which were never mentioned in the description. Attached are photos of thee of the holes. eBay and PayPal, despite having ten photos of the holes, protect bad seller Mon.Carre and refund to provide a refund. What is going on there?? I leave feedback saying, 'Scarf arrived with hole. Avoid this seller', which Mon.carre gets eBay to withdraw. This is eBay and PayPal prioritizing sellers who lie over trusting and honest buyers. I have been on eBay for years and years and have a 100 percent rating.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Poor service for seller - Sold an item that was in great condition. A person did something to the shoes when they arrived. Instead of contacting me they gave the person a refund and required me to ship the shoes that the person damaged back.

eBay Company Information