eBay

eBay

3.8/5 (4210 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I've been an eBay customer for a while, and even worked there for a time. Overall, the experience has been good. I'm only giving it 4 stars though because of the half ** approach to they made to the "loyalty" program (eBay bucks). You earn points for purchases during a three-month period, at which point you get a certificate you have to redeem. You have 30 days to redeem that certificate before it expires, after that the points/bucks are gone forever. They're literally hoping that you forget about it so they don't have to reward their members. It's not like it's a huge amount either, most of the points you'll earn are 1% of the purchase (sometimes they have promotions to earn 5%+). If you remember to redeem them, you have a year to spend them, which is alright.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Purchased my 1st pair of Sketchers Relaxed Foam slip on shoes in 1998! Wore them out! Purchased my 2nd. Pair in 2020 and they are the best! Like walking on pillows. Absolutely Awesome Shoes.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Seriously, sold a few items and paid for shipping through them. For some reason, they did not remove funds for the shipping charges. Weeks later I receive an email they are going to pull the funds out of my account, which I knew. Question is why not take it off the top and avoid multiple transactions.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

** - THAT IS MY CASE NUMBER! But it doesn't matter! Nobody give a damn at Ebay! Shipping company should provide with proof of delivery! But they afraid to ask DHL about it! It was 5 years ago. It's still the same! (and I'm sure it's gonna be in future!) It's still cheap flea market spot! It's time to closed account!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Ebay and its sellers are in it together when it comes to ripping people off and taking the buyer's money. This is not a fake review and I am the review queen on Google. Reviews is what I do. Ebay stole my money. Didn't return my calls and blamed it on a third party of which the third party happens to be EBAY. THIS company is not to be trusted and I recommend and suggest that you do your business elsewhere. This Ebay company is a SCAM! ONE BIG SCAM!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I ordered a product two and a half months ago. It didn't show up on the date it was supposed to so I waited a few more days before contacting eBay (it says it shipped the day after I placed the order) once I heard from eBay they told me to wait a week from the day I sent an email so they could "contact the seller". Well it's been 10 days since and still nothing. I went to look at the user, their name is ShopUp do NOT use and I can't find their profile to leave a review. On top of that, I got a notification saying that the item was either removed or not in stock soooooo....where ya at eBay? Give me my money back.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I buy a lot of stuff from eBay. Their return and refund policies are real. Bad for real clients. I brought a PCM for my truck from one of their vendors on their platform Flagship One Inc. The PCM was no good and I returned it but it's been 4 months. No refund or any interest from eBay to resolve the issue. Shame on eBay for scamming genuine clients.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Do not believe Ebay's 100% moneyback guarantee policy. Purchased A gas tank skid plate for my 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee from worldwide distributors 11611 Lyndon B Johnson FWY Garland tx. Item was not as described. Item is for a completely different jeep model and does not fit a 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee. Ebay is not providing me with return shipping. Made up some ** excuse. I was a good customer. Will not buy on eBay at all.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Purchase 2 pruning shears on the eBay website. Within 5 minutes after placing the order I realize they were not stainless steel. I immediately contacted seller to cancel the order. Also I open up request with ebay to cancel the items. If you request an item to be cancel within an hour of placing a order normally item would be cancel. Neither ebay nor seller contacted me. Overall seller responded to my request through Ebay 7 days later. EBay notified me through ebay messages indicating seller rejected or refuse to refund money back to my account. I have been with ebay as a buyer since 2004 and so many changes has come since and before the pandemic. You can't talk to a real person. Ebay only communicates through their messages and most always favor with the seller.

When items finally arrived I refused to accept it from mail carrier so it was sent back. This was the earlier part of August. We are now in the middle of September going out and no response from Ebay or Seller. I open up a case with USPS. Still no response. Ebay is no longer compassionate for the buyer. Even if you get wrong items shipped out you have to pay for return shipping which is unfair because it's not what you paid for. As of today I am done with Ebay. Will be looking into other online buying options. The ebay I once enjoyed shopping on their website is no longer for buyers and sellers fees are ridiculous and yes sellers deal with a lot.

But to totally ignore my request and send item out which I did not receive until 3 weeks which I refuse so I never got refunded and I don't know where the actual package is at. The tracking number used to send item postal worker indicated because of my refusing to accept the item same tracking number will be used to send back to seller which has not been done. If you value your health stay away from Ebay. It can become very stressful and frustrating. Your peace of mind and health should come first before any company that don't care nothing about you at all only the money they are receiving. On another note they have discontinued the ebay bucks when checking out. The only time you can receive them is when they offer 5% for a limited time of 2 days. It used to be 10%. That changed long time since the pandemic but ebay has not stop making money and prices are not so reasonable anymore. Beware of Ebay!!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

EBay cares nothing about their clients. I have done business with them for 16 years and today I am finished. I cannot reach anyone in the US at all. Join with me and stop using EBay. They do nothing for us but take our money and time.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I sold a item on 8/29 a Sunday. I went and bought postage that same day, but the drop off box was jammed, so I had to mail it on Monday. On my site it says I have 3 days to mail it. When I got home I put the tracking number on the listing. The estimated delivery date was 9/3. The buyer filed a report against me on that day because he didn’t receive it. It was delivered on 9/4 at 4:45 to his mailbox. eBay then refunded the buyer his money saying I didn’t provide tracking in time, How can that be? Now I’m out the item I sold and the money. I sent a email to The CEO, but of course have got no response. The only option I had was to report them to the Attorney General. I will never do business with Ebay anymore. They won’t provide a customer service number because they know they are crooks. All they care about is getting their 13% even though they do nothing to earn it. Avoid EBAY at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I ordered a "blouse" from seller gljfc168. The site contains many articles of clothing at low prices....for a good reason. When I placed the order, the price was suddenly higher. I immediately contacted the seller and requested a cancellation but there was no response. The blouse arrived and bore no resemblance to the picture shown. The material was cheap polyester, the size was wrong and the details were a photographer's trick to look like there was exquisite stitching. The actual stitching was a joke. The item was an absolute piece of trash. There is no way that this company can have a 97% satisfaction rate with the trash they sell. The company is run by scammers and should be investigated by eBay. I returned the rag but had to pay customs and a mailing company since I live in Mexico. Why are these fraudulent companies allowed to sell on ebay?

eBay Company Information