eBay

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I sold a pair of very expensive Gucci shoes to a buyer in Israel. I send the shoes with free shipping. Buyers contacts me and said she received different shoes and wants a refund. Is crazy because the correct shoes were send. Ebay makes me send them a return label for $60 and also will refund buyer $300. I am left with wrong item return and minus $360 and a negative feedback. Ebay told me I had no choice but to accept return and pay for label!!! So upsetting so how am I getting protected by Ebay???

I purchased an item from a Power Seller on Ebay called fivestar007. This seller posted a nice picture of a reserve tank for 1998 M3 BMW. So I purchased it based on the picture. When the item arrived, it did not look anything like the picture. It was a complete bait and switch. So I sent the seller a message requesting a return because the item was falsely advertised. The seller refused, and in fact was really rude. Claiming that I had faked the pictures that I had taken of the product. This was probably one of the worst Ebay experiences I have ever had. So I opened a case against the seller. The seller continued to be rude through the whole process. Finally Ebay stepped in and gave me my money back. So I left a bad review for this obviously poor seller. Then Ebay never posted my negative review. I waited and waited, then I realized that it was never going to post my negative review.

I realized that day that Ebay protects its "Power Sellers". If you are a power seller on Ebay, you can do whatever you want, Bait and Switch, Insult your customers, whatever, and Ebay will just turn a blind eye. It bothers me that Ebay is boosting their "Positive sales reviews", by never allowing negative reviews to get through. Amazon and other online stores allow you to leave detailed explanations of what happened, but not Ebay. You get 80 characters to complain. And now they don't even post those if they are negative. So in reality you cannot trust any of the review ratings posted by Ebay. They are false, doctored, and misleading to always be "Positive". Ebay's business model is to support their "Power" sellers at all costs. Which is a bad model. As everyone knows, give a man a little power and it will go straight to corruption.

So I was looking for stuff to go into my new car and I find this listing that says, "Seat Covers and Mat Combo" for $24.95. So to me that says, "Hey, you're buying a combo set that involves seat covers and mats." Right? It doesn't say, "Seat Cover and Mat Combo Variations." Well apparently there is a drop-down arrow somewhere for you to pick which combos there are to choose from and the site automatically already had one picked. I only got mats so it wasn't even a combo of anything.

I've tried talking to the seller (lyfe_essentialz) several times about this and they won't do anything, so I decided to finally talk to eBay about this since there is a "Worry-Free Shopping Guarantee." Well apparently that is a bunch of BS because they said they couldn't and wouldn't do anything, and wouldn't give me a refund or a credit or anything, and then on top of that took my feedback away from the seller (I didn't cuss or anything) which isn't something you're suppose to do because that is suppose to be our feedback of our opinion for a reason because other buyers want to see that.

So, on top of all this I couldn't even buy the matching seat covers or anything matching for it because they are out of stock of those items and refuse to say anything about whether or not they will even get those items back in stock. They were completely unhelpful and neither one gave a crap. The money-back guarantee is a big, fat lie. Amazon actually sticks to their money-back guarantee and they don't jerk you around, and they actually care about their customers and not just money!

The product that was ordered and the one received in the package is not the same. The MK watch has three buttons, but the one that is sent has only one button. Also the dial for the date is different. It is clearly visible that the product sold is not an original product. The Michael Kors sticker is just put on the dial. I demand that the complete amount to be refunded and arrangements be made to collect back the product. Such a shame that eBay is selling fake products to customers. They are faking the MK watches for woman. The packing is also low standard and doesn't have a premium look.

Ebay was a failure at problem resolution. So their fix was to rule for the buyer at every turn. Also the fact sellers cannot rate buyers is wrong. Why even show a negative rating when you can leave nothing but good reviews for buyers. Unreal. Been selling for years. Have like two negative ratings. First one was the guy gave it to me for painting a tool. Never contacted me. The second was a listing that the buyer ask me to relist. A 100 year old headlight lens. He claimed it was scratched. I listed it as scratched and no returns.

He opened eBay case and I told them "no" that I would not accept a return. Sent in pictures and saw his pictures that showed no damage. Ebay ruled for him. Even when I called and discussed the situation in length. Cost me $50 plus return shipping on item. I wrote the buyer a letter and told him he was a crook. Ebay refused to fix the deal. So I no longer sell on eBay. They have no hands on resolution and apparently use monkeys as phone reps, that is if you can get to talk to one. Worst company along with PayPal. Worst companies in history.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?

Man I bought a laptop from eBay. Lady tells me it shipped. Don't even shows the status or the tracking number... What type of companies keeps allowing 3rd party scammers to sell online to the community that need their items. Amazon does the same thing. SMFH.

The eBay is becoming a site without any security. I believe many profiteers should sell products that do not exist. Only to receive your payment within 60 days and after that the dollar is falling, the value will be refunded and you will have lost part of what buying and seller Invest profiting by selling products that do not exist. Estoou buying since 2012 and never received the products purchased. I really believe hesitate a mafia.

A large number of people have been harmed by the actions of the company eBay, Inc. EBay's policies are unfair to sellers and make it easy for dishonest buyers to defraud them. EBay and PayPal (the payment-processing company owned by eBay and required for all eBay transactions) always side with buyers over sellers in any dispute, allowing buyers to keep whatever items they bought and receive a full refund of the purchase price. Furthermore, in such instances eBay also keeps the listing and selling fees collected from the sellers. EBay makes it difficult for sellers seeking refunds of fees for items which eBay allegedly de-listed even though the buyers did not follow through on the sale. I will contact a class action lawyer and get this ball started. I will try to make contact at the very least once per 3 weeks, even if there is nothing to report.

I sold a product on 3/12/17. Pick up only. The item was picked up. Item was paid for. eBay refuses to release my funds for 22 days after the transaction is complete. Even after multiple calls to PayPal and eBay they refuse to release my money. So people be aware when using pick up only or PayPal payment they are a 0 out of 5 ratings.

eBay members play games with people's accounts. Specifically by emailing questions like a customer then screwing with the stars in response. I ain't stupid. Also if you tell em off on phone they manipulate your status. Also, I think if you have something really rare, some workers block bids and tip off high-end dealers for kickbacks. Workers play little games. Do not doubt me on this. It may be borderline fraud. Anybody can be an eBay worker. There are workers in there that have no life, are a cancer to the company. They wouldn't do it face to face with me, no backbone, work behind the scene. They play Ha Ha. They screwed company up. Losers trying to stick their nose in like big shots. Hidden fees, manipulative, and fraudulent activity. Somebody gonna sue the hell out of em one day and win big.

Ebay does not have any money protection for your purchase. It's a lie. I bought a laptop through eBay and never got it. It might be stolen. When I tried to talk to the seller the seller refused to give my money back. I was thinking I was protected by eBay money guarantee. That's not true!!! Now I do not have the money and no computer. Ebay refused to give me money back too.

I ordered Wellesse Glucosamine Chondroitin Juice on the 4th of March. The seller canceled the order on the 14th. He took my money, and I never received the item. Ebay and the seller promised a $17.99 refund but I have yet to see it.

I'm very upset that I got scam out of 1200 dollars and eBay didn't do anything about it. These scammers are using eBay name and getting people for their money. EBay ask me to send them receipts and the gift card information but they said they couldn't do nothing about it. It's very bad for their business and they need to get an handle on this. I'm ** that they couldn't do anything to help me.

I have ordered EZ Lip car skirting (lip) through eBay on first week of January 2017. Until now I have send around 20 emails regarding this issue to the supplier and eBay. Just 3 or 4 times they have replied but their replies are same as making us fool. What can I do to get my money back? It is almost 75 days now since I paid for this item. Until now no one called me to collect the item or to ask about my location. Anyways it is no more useful for me, so kindly guide me how can I get my money back.

I have purchased a wrist watch of Armani AR1756 which is not a genuine Armani watch. I didn't get any bill or warranty card with watch. I will never shop anything from eBay if my matter will not be resolved.

Customer service are missing: judgment and common sense! I purchased a car starter that need to be installed by technicians. I paid $100 for the technicians to install all the wiring in my truck, which involve a lot of work for dismantling part of the dash board and soldering. Turn out the interface module (pc) of the car starter is defective. Seller didn't want to replace the module only but wanted me to return everything, including the wires which would mean additional cost for me (another $100) in order to have the technicians to redo all the works. I made several suggestions as compromise (refund part of the amount, which would allowed me to buy another module) but seller and eBay refuse and wanted me to buy another module from the same seller!

So Ebay and the Seller were on the same page, which is me paying: $150 + shipping for buying the car starter, $100 for labor of technicians for installing the wires + programming, $100 for labor of technicians for removing all the work they did, $100 for labor for technicians for reinstalling and doing all the same work, for a total of $450!!! Are you crazy? So, after making more than 400 purchased items on eBay with 100% feedback, I'm saying good bye to eBay. I want to buy items, got get ripped off my money!

Burberry Reverse Brim Hat Return ID: ** Seller ID: ** eBay willfully allows the sale of fraudulent items on their website. The buyer is punished and has to wait and go through a series of questions and proof before his money is returned. eBay does not care about the consumer. What they're concerned with is a loss from the sale. When I received this hat it was clear to me and anyone else the seller created a fake tag and attached it to the hat.

The hat has been examined by a professional in the retail industry. The first thing you should stop doing is attempting to patronize someone that works in the law. Second I am letting you know that the Postal Inspector has taken several photographs of the box that you sent it in and pictures of the hat. Third of all I'm letting you know that I am demanding immediately a refund of my money on my account. Fourth you need to send me a return label paying for all cost to ship it back. Again I'm letting you know that the police are involved. The United States Postal Inspector is involved.

The hat has been deemed a fraud. You have 24 hours to refund my money and send me every turn label that hat will be shipped back by the police department I will be returning the hat to them and sent and having it sent from their Department. The police department will mail the hat back to you so they will have the correct information the address where these hats are being fabricated. That way this operation will be shut down permanently.

I have purchased four different balance boards via auctions on eBay. All four are listed from China. I spent much time to win these bids. Only to wait months and never get my products. It almost seems that they (ebay, the seller or PayPal) is putting things up for auction sales, only to hold people's money for months. I always get my money back but someone I think is making a lot of money in interest holding people's money for months. I really think this is a scam to hold and collect interest off others money. If this is the seller's doing this then why isn't ebay policing this better. Or perhaps it's ebay doing it to make money via interest collections for bogus sales. Just saying! Seems to be a scam to me.

We bought a kitchen stuff in Sep, 2016 from an Asian seller (lgf6789), and the stuff was damaged on the way of shipping. We opened up a request for refund to the buyer right away with pictures of the item received, the buyer agreed for full refund at beginning, but they sent us another message next day that says they could only do partial refund without any reason. At the same time, I saw an instruction message from eBay team for the refund case opened that says: "The seller is responsible for return shipping charges. Contact the seller for a return shipping label. If they can't provide one, you can purchase a label, and we'll ask the seller to reimburse you." And eBay also informed us that the seller "cannot buy a shipping label" for the return.

On the last day before the case is closed, we followed the eBay instruction and paid the international shipping costs ($28) for the return to the seller. Things happened surprisingly that, eBay denied their instruction for this return case, in the case the instruction message with the Seller's shipping address info provided by eBay is no longer available on my message board after the case is closed. The good thing is we did a copy and paste of this instruction into one of our messages to the seller which can be a record actually.

However, eBay just denies that they had provided this instruction, and they say they cannot contact the seller for the return shipping cost responsibility - in the case the seller told them they could not follow eBay's return policy. eBay representative keeps denying existence of the instructional message in the case I copied it into one of my messages sent to seller that is still in the records, and by doing so eBay could deny their responsibility for their wrong instruction.

For 15 years I have been an eBay seller with at present a 99.1% feedback rating and have always maintained a rating of 99%. The few negative ratings never had anything to do with late shipments. My customers have been satisfied and now big brother has come up with a convoluted rule that eliminates what your positive feedback is supposed to do.

Satisfy your buyer - Many sellers are not big corporations where they can hire help to keep track of the zillion rules & regulations that are heaped upon them, with the lingering fear of losing the small income derived from selling on ebay. I am a senior citizen who has served my country and with the small income I have derived from selling my product on ebay. Ebay in my opinion and the people behind them have no soul or compassion for sellers who are in the same position that I find myself.

At this point sales are down for 2 reasons. They are eliminating my listings and will not allow me to relist. Final curtain, they will eliminate me altogether. Without taking in account that late shipments could have other reasons the seller has such as illness or other personal problems. The new 2nd problem is that big china companies are undercutting U.S.A. Sellers using different names from the original companies & ebay allows this not giving a damn for American sellers. As a senior I depended the money I earned from sales. Ebay made money on my sales. Errors in their system has cost me thousands in money over the years. In the 15 years I was with ebay, I was honest and tolerated many injustices. My experience is the same as many other honest ebay sellers. When I signed on, the two rules were be honest with your products and satisfy buyers. I followed these rules and ebay kept changing their policies on a continuous basis.

I have two incidents and complaints. 1 was when I sold unopened iPad Pro for just under $400 more than $400 with shipping. The the buyer received the package and either during shipping by USPS or from the front door to his living room one of the corners was slightly rounded and on the clear plastic around the package there's a small one and a half inch slit on cellophane wrapping. The buyer claimed that it was damaged and he had doubts the authenticity of the clear plastic wrapping. And claimed that it was a counterfeit item. All of this was done while never actually opening the box.

Of course I basically said "well why don't you open the box and see exactly what it is." He claimed the corner was rounded by about a third of an inch. The iPad Pro was probably still in perfectly working order. I'll never know because eBay sided in his favor and he shipped it to address that I no longer lived at. That the U.S.P.S. refused to deliver to empty house and under tracking it marked it UNDELIVERED. eBay gave him his money back. All while the package was being sent back to him.

Please understand this was not the address that was on the package when I sent it to him. eBay gave him my old address. Please understand when you change your address with eBay there are six different categories. I changed only my current address and return address. The other 4 things are if you're a company and you had a different return address or a Trans. Shipper or if you were a business with a different return addresses. And even though it showed that this package was delivered back to the buyer did I mention they'd already given him back his money and he chose never send item back and has never answered any email that I sent him afterwards. Course I called the resolution center with being date already giving the money back. There was nothing they could do or would do.

Then there's my second that experience eBay when I sold a Epson projector sold for just under $300, more than 300 with shipping. It was delivered to a freight company in Miami. It was accepted by agent on Thursday. He opens it on Monday. Finds not what I sent him but some protein packs and some two and a half inch diskettes that don't work in computers anymore. He sends me e-mail with pictures. I send back him pictures and a video of me packing the Epson LCD projector before I shipped it.

I do a Google search and find out that this address over the past three to four months has 12 claims on Yelp of breaking into people's accounts, ordering fake goods and other shady business practices. I send this to the buyer and to eBay through the eBay email service and he puts in a claim for being delivered the wrong item that I didn't send him. 3 days later eBay decides in his favor and says they would send him a shipping label to return eight pounds of garbage back to me that I didn't send him and I don't want.So I sent them an email saying I'm okay with their decision because I don't believe he was the one who switched out the item but at the same time I don't want to pay for eight pounds of garbage be sent back to my home.

I refunded him the money because they decided in his favor. eBay then says "well being you refunded him back the money we can't do anything now to help you, because yes you acted based on our decision but you should have allowed him to send back the garbage and then told us that it wasn't what you sent him and because you refunded him his money we're not going to help you any further." Of course I called the resolution center that never seems to resolve anything. It was basically told "Yeah you acted on our decision but you shouldn't have and now we can help you or won't help you."

Ebay is the Worst online shopping website. They sell fake products and not talk to customers. They also have unauthorized sellers. I purchased iPhone 5s from eBay, the seller of this product is Blueberry. The Apple iPhone 5s is Totally Fake Product. If eBay is not ready to solve my problem, I will give their complaint in respected department, then they will know the power of COMMON MAN. I am waiting for their reply to refund my money. PLEASE DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM EBAY.

I've been an eBay top-rated seller since 2004. I've lost that status because of 2 buyers who are clearly in the wrong. I sold a brand new hoodie, buyer said it was used, opened case, eBay sided with her, let her keep the hoodie and forced me to refund her. Now I'm out $50 and she gets a free hoodie. Most recently, a buyer bought a video game for $12 which I shipped free. He said it didn't work, opened a case, eBay charged me the return shipping. He returned an empty package, stuffed it with papers to make it look full. EBay said because the tracking said "Delivered" I was forced to refund him the full $12. I ended up losing about $20 with original shipping and return shipping, plus I don't even have the game to show for it! No help from Customer Service whatsoever.

First I sold a Guinivere Ralph Lauren Set to an **! I told him when I sold it to him the Comforter is a King size, however it had no tag on it, this was before I ever shipped it to him; the comforter has no tag and he still wanted it. He altered it and had it cleaned and decided he didn't want it. He makes a request "Item not as described," what does Ebay do? Side with him, they forced a return. Therefore, I purchased $18.85 off Ebay site to mail it to him, and when I took to the post office it cost me another $22.00 just to ship to him. Now I got to pay the shipping for him to return to me. I guess what infuriates me most is Ebay siding with him; the ** that purchased it. After reading some of the post on here, which I wished I had read first, I am now done with eBay! PLEASE WATCH YOUR P 7 QS WHEN PURCHASING FROM EBAY, I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING OR SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN!

I have two seller accounts on ebay. On one I used Stamps.com to create shipping labels. On another occasion I use PayPal shipping, pack them up, take boxes to the post office to scan the items in and then have them shipped. On several occasions these tracking labels didn't show up in "my ebay" and ebay docked me for these labels not being transferred from Stamps.com or PayPal into "my eBay". That is a penalty and "defect" (like I'm in grade school!). Just got another one today even though the post office scanned the items in a week ago. One item already delivered, showed no uploaded by carrier. One defect!

I uploaded the tracking and make sure all are in "my ebay". Even though this one particular item was scanned in and showed up in "my ebay", in the top rated seller this item did not show as being scanned by carrier. eBay tells me it's system generated, there's nothing they can do, I should try a different carrier (for a $27 item use UPS or FedEx????) and I've used USPS since 1999. This person in the review or appeals dept was of no help and they have general answers. Then I just now checked my seller dashboard, and before my call I was at 83% (you have to be 90% for Power Seller which they took away for six non-uploaded into "my eBay" items due to no transfer of this information from Stamps.com nor PayPal). Now I'm at 81%. They took 2% from me. Is this legal? I think eBay is running an operation with marginal legal steps. No help from them. Sellers be careful when running eBay stores. No matter how perfect you try to be, it's impossible.

Pathetic experience! We ordered a folding wardrobe and Mixer from Ebay worth 5000/-! First they delivered the said products very late and then they delivered the faulty products and refused to make any refund. Huge disappointment as a customer. Later, when we gave bad rating on Ebay website, then we got a call from Vendor asking to change the rating and make it positive. And in return they asked to give us a gift voucher worth 500/-. Such a cheater! Never ever buy anything from eBay!

I bought a unlock service on eBay, the service delivery period was 11 days. After completing my purchase I noticed on the order the delivery period was now 22 to 30 days. I reported the seller's fraudulent behavior and eBay responded informing me that the account has been suspended for authorized activities. I called eBay to get my money back, went through the automated response system, then kept on hold for 5 minutes to get to speak to a service agent, they collect my details then I am kept on hold again for 15 minutes awaiting to speak to a supervisor to handle the refund request then the line hangs up. I redial again same process.

So I decide to open a resolution case after six days. eBay respond saying I have to wait for the end of the delivery period. I go to my PayPal account and open a resolution case. eBay closes my case on grounds that I opened a similar one with PayPal. eBay make it impossible to contact them to air your complaint thus condoning fraudulent behavior and with that they complaisant with fraudsters.

False information in the website and did not receive the product. I need the eBay team to cancel my order as soon as possible and return my money as soon as possible and don't want it to be delivered now. I don't want your product. Better cancel it and immediately return the money. Return the money as soon as possible and don't want your product.

I have been a perfect eBay seller for over 10 years. Last December I got ripped off by a South Korean buyer. I listed a GoPro Hero 4. This buyer named ** made a offer and I accepted. He paid and I mail the camera in the same day. I wasn't aware that I was not able to track the item after leaving USA when mailing to South Korea. I have mailed items to Brasil, France and Japan without tracking issues. Sure enough the buyer opened a case against me stating that he did not received the camera. PayPal put my funds on hold until the case was resolved. I did contact eBay different times and customer service was awful. They did not stand by me for a second. They told me that I had to find out if the camera was delivered. Well... after many attempts and searches online I was able to get a hold of the Korean post office via email.

The email stated that the item was delivered and the security guard for that building received the camera and he was authorized by the buyer. So, I contacted eBay back with that info. I asked them if I had any way to forward the email to them. Customer service said that they could not help me. They needed online information that the item was received. Isn't a email from the Korean post office, stating that the camera was delivered, online information? What am I missing here? I contacted the buyer, begging him or her to be honest. Oh silly me! This person is not only using my camera but also kept his money and eBay did not give a crap about me. So wrong! If anyone have any idea for me to get this resolved I will really appreciate. I'm just so sick to my stomach. I'm so furious with eBay. Ebay is my second source of income, but since this happened, I refuse to list anything with them.

eBay does not care about the sellers when they have issues. I got my account suspended because of a buyer claiming a fraudulent dispute even after evidence proves that the item was sent and signed for. I forwarded all info to eBay thinking it would be in my favor. Did it go my way? Nope. They sided with the buyer despite the evidence proving otherwise. Buyer gets their money and the item and I get my account in the negative and suspended outright. Tried several months to get in contact with eBay to get my account reinstated, but with no success. All that time wasted which I just gave up. Only other option was to go stealth using the help of Auction Essistance. I am back on, but I am pretty sure it won't be for long since eBay does some dumb things to begin with.

eBay Company Profile