3.62/5
Based on 3,759 ratings submitted in the last year

4511 eBay Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

The automated system sucks, sorry eBay. The system never hears me correctly nor does it understand complex issues like the one I had. Tip for future callers: Say, "I want to speak with a representative" and if you're lucky, the system will recognize what you said and pass you through. Now, I spoke with a great woman named Tanya from Texas. She creatively resolved my problem and was enthusiastic while doing so. Easily the best customer service representative I've come in contact with. Great charisma, she deserves a raise. -Jake

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been doing business with eBay for 20 years?! Overseas and within my own country (USA) I have been both a seller and customer. I have been both upset and satisfied with selling and buying. Honestly more satisfied than unhappy! I will never cheat on eBay with Amazon or any other "big market" site (well wish.com here and there????). But overall I don't think anyone would ever completely understand how much we have saved over all these years, literally we have probably saved by now hundreds if not thousands and thousands of dollars using eBay! eBay has been NUMBER ONE 1, financially, logically even mentally and physically, it has benefited us more positively than any other marketplace online and I will never go against my own review of eBay regardless of a couple crummy sellers who managed to squeeze through the terms' rules and regulations, ended up selling a knockoff brand, or going against another similar policy or such, etc...

Nothing like that can tarnish our ideas about how fantastic eBay is and has always been for us! The world isn't perfect. It's flawed so much more than eBay if you REALLY REALLY think about it in comparison to a few ideas leaning in favor of seller or buyer, like the scheme; "money back guarantee" (understandably not fair for sellers). BUT honestly think about HOW much MORE you gained from eBay than lost!! I'm almost positive that there are more success stories than fails, in all 20 (?) Years eBay has been around working for YOU. Come on. You all know you've SAVED money and/or gained with eBay than lost. You all know I'm right!??? Let your Prejudiced thoughts or jealousies go, come on people. Just admit how much we love eBay. Come on. Cooommmme onnnnn???? ** Okay anyways we "heart" eBay!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've been on eBay for 19 years as a buyer and seller and have tipped the scales between the two frequently. :) People are always quick to leave bad feedback for eBay... and I'm sure there were times in the past that I would have too. HOWEVER, they have improved by leaps and bounds on customer service and support. The support staff is knowledgeable and has been trained very well. In past years they would route their CS support via India and I had trouble understanding thru heavy accents. This is no longer the case. After having more options as a seller available, I can say that I appreciate eBay more than in the past. Ebay versus Tradesy: eBay is the winner (faster payouts, better customer service and broader audience). Ebay versus Poshmark: too different to compare. Give eBay another chance. I did and the benefits are real.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

An issue where a buyer made a false complaint and wanted to return the item and when I received it noted that several items had been taken away from it, which put me at risk of losing a considerable amount. eBay heard and understood my frustration and after conducting their investigation concluded with me not having the end result be taking a loss. I appreciated their genuine care as this is normally lost with a company as large as eBay. But if everyone handled their business this way the world would be a much more pleasant place... A small but happy fish in the sea of eBay users...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hello, I've been an eBay buyer for many years!!! I really wish there was a way the customer can leave a star rating feedback on how well the item purchased was packaged. The postal service is bound to give a lil damage to boxes, etc. As for the sellers go, I run across very smart packagers & very bad ones where my item end up being damaged. I think this is a very overlooked issue & should be brought to attention when it comes to the star rating system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: June 24, 2019

eBay got too greedy!!! They take a huge fee from sellers. Sellers raised the prices. eBay become too expensive. Too many frauds there. Very, very bad search engine also- very frustrating. Their search engine created in 2013. They need to do something about.

Original review: June 23, 2019

In the most bizarre display of ridiculousness I’ve seen from a company with share holders, my wife was banned from eBay 17 minutes after creating an account and searching for a card game you could buy at your local Walmart. We called concerned about why (we thought maybe someone had hacked her account or email), they refused to “disclose” why and just kept repeating that she had violated eBay’s terms and was banned for life. They did tell us “they have ways” of knowing if she had been hacked and that wasn’t the case so we have that going for us but based on the unbelievable ridiculousness of the 30 minute phone call, 25 minutes on hold, I’d say avoid a company that is run this poorly like the plague.

Original review: June 22, 2019

eBay and the Filipino customer service agents would not help to get a label for the return of the suit. All they would do is to lie for the company that sold me the suit and would not help me to get a return label from this company in China when it was their fault. They sent me a size too small when I ordered a large. The cost to ship back the suit cost between 70 and 250.00. I was not paying that especially when the fault lies with the company in China and eBay. Even PayPal did nothing to help me get a label or my money back.

The customer service lied about sending me email about the deadline for the return of the suit. They did everything to hinder me from getting back my money and from having the company from sending me a return label and they had the nerve to put a deadline on the time I had to get the suit back to China. They will never get another order from me that includes eBay and I am pissed with PayPal as well. When I pay them off I will close my account with them.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I ordered a product from seller, seller sent wrong product, I requested permission to return item & it was granted. I supplied tracking number, postage to China was my cost, not seller's. Seller did not respond. Contacted eBay & they said it was too late for refund. I explained the item took 64 days to reach me first time, they have a cut off date of 60 days, with no recourse. I explained the seller sent the wrong item, & had not replied, they told me I was out of luck. eBay protects its sellers at the expensive of the buyer, dishonest, non-caring, foreign speaking company, I am closing my account. I recommend Amazon. I have not had any issues thus far with them.

Original review: June 19, 2019

eBay facilitates their sellers in their efforts to rip off their buyers by allowing them to falsely advertised products that do not exist from the seller whereby the buyer buy these products, finds out that they don't exist, then eBay allows the seller 14 days or better to make a reimbursement and or a refund. The seller now has your money in their bank account collecting interest on it. Even if they have to reimburse you your money they've already made hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars off your money and interest and haven't sold you one thing but a bunch of BS. I canceled my eBay account and I cancelled my PayPal account because of these shenanigans. I personally will never buy one thing from eBay again and or do business with their subsidiary PayPal. My advice, beware. Find another online shopping method other than eBay.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I called to ask why tax was still showing when I went to place an order for items I needed and when I was approved on 6/13/19 that my account was tax exempt. Yesterday I was told someone would call me back, and today I called again and was transferred from one person to the other. I waited on the phone over a hour to speak to someone to explain how to rectify my issue and was hung up on!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I sold a car on eBay. Then the buyer could not send me a deposit through the eBay system. I then got an error when I tried to send the buyer an invoice for the $200 deposit. When I called support they were no help and suggested I have the buyer send me the money outside of eBay. What is eBay charging me for. Bad customer support! I ended talking with the buyer and he was very nice thankfully and we completed the deal without eBay. I won't sell a car through eBay again.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I trusted eBay and start buying and selling and I have 100% positive feedback. All my customer very happy. They stopped my business for no reason but the truth reason they just want special sellers to sell. It's very bad business for everyone. I work in Facebook and OfferUp and Mercari, very excellent people. eBay is very bad.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Customer service is rude, not willing to resolve problems and tell you off. They suspended my account for no reason. I tried to login from another country, then they said it wasn't me (of course I knew it was me), and they say they refuse to reinstate my account and refused to provide feedback or help reinstate it after wanting to prove that the account belongs to me. When I want to speak to their managers, they hand up on me! If you did this at Amazon for example, they would almost beg you to stay with them and sell on their platform, but eBay is pushing its customers, users and sellers away, and don't value them at all!

Management should really take this seriously and take further actions, as this will not end well and people will turn away from eBay on the longer term... My suggestion is for other users, sellers, etc. is to try alternative platforms where they love to have you! eBay does not value its customers and sellers, so be prepared when you deal with eBay...

Original review: June 14, 2019

I was a seller on eBay and I had listed the series 3 Apple Watch. Excited from all the views and watchlist numbers I was optimistic that I would sell the item quickly. Offers started to come in which would normally be a good thing but the offers were more than I priced the watch at. This was something I did not quite understand so I didn’t pay attention to the outrageous offers. I then started to get offers that were lower than the listing price so I thought that now we’re getting realistic. I gave counteroffers and I finally thought I found a real buyer and not a scammer. I sold the item and eBay claimed that the payment was there but it would have a hold because I was a new seller. I was informed once the item was seen as the delivered then the payment would be release to my account. So I ship the item, include the tracking number for the item and literally 20 minutes after I shipped it eBay sends an email saying I sold to a scam account.

I then called eBay to get some clarification on what I needed to do and if I was still getting the money I promised was on hold. No one knew what to do. I talked to 6 different representatives, growing frustrated and angry as the calls progressed. No one knew what to do so I hang up and drive 35 minutes back to the post office to see if I could stop the shipment which I did. The Post office then charged me additional fees for retrieving the package. At this point I was furious, so I called eBay back to tell them everything I went through and they put me through 2 more representatives until they tell me they can offer me a “coupon” for the fees I had to pay. I then informed them that a coupon cannot translate into physical money back in my pocket that I needed for everyday life.

I was so confused on why the money that they claimed was on “hold” wasn’t going to go into my account even if I shipped the item and I did everything that they require first time sellers to do In order to receive payment. My question was to them where is the money that was on hold for me when I sold the item and they had no response. I DO NOT SUGGEST ANYONE BUY OR SELL ON EBAY. THEY HAVE NO WAY OF COMBATING THE SCAM PROBLEMS ON THE BUYER'S SIDE OR THE SELLER'S SIDE.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had been looking at an auction for a week (with the page open on my computer) and there was a code that said "pay less - show me how - and then the code". I won the auction and applied the code at checkout. When I applied it at checkout it first went through on the checkout page, but when I logged in to PayPal it was deleted. Because I always like to pay immediately, I paid and then contacted customer support.

Daizy of customer support didn't understand what happened so she contacted the Marketing Team and they had the audacity to say that the code was invalid, basically implicitly calling me a liar or a cheater because I had said that I had the page open in front of me with the code all week and in spite of a screenshot I had taken of how the code was applied at checkout (before PayPal) and in spite of the code STILL being on all listings in the same category and also all listings of the same seller.

Daizy had "ordered" me to reply to her email with the outcome of what the Marketing Team had said, so I did. I told Daizy that I wanted to escalate the problem (which was my right as a consumer), but she stopped communication with me, basically agreeing with the Marketing Team that they were right and I was wrong, and refused to tell me how I could escalate the problem.

I later contacted support again and spoke to another person who said they would contact their Manager, who saw that the code was applied, but asked for a proof of the exact code, although eBay staff is able to see codes even if they did not go through, and I know this for sure because in my first live chat with Daizy she said that she could see that the code PRANCE had been applied but did not reflect in the system. She could see it, but they couldn't? Luckily I had a transcript of the conversation so I sent them a proof and I have not heard back from them since they got the proof they were asking for. A total rip-off that will be reported to the proper authorities next week if I don't receive a satisfactory reply by the end of Friday. The only positive aspect is that I am finally done with eBay and their deceitful tactics, so they won't rip me off again.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I hear many stories about Ebay leaning toward the buyers and shafting the sellers, well it just happened to me. A buyer purchased an item from me, and as soon as they received it said it wasn't the item they purchased. I asked the buyer to send a picture of what they purchased, they refused. Ebay stepped in and did absolutely nothing. In fact they refunded the buyer from my account for the purchase price plus return shipping which never happened. So I paid for shipping twice and lost my items to a buy who knows they can get away with anything on Ebay. I've pulled all my items for sale on Ebay, and will never sell again.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased a Samsung tablet and I broke it. So last year 2018 I purchased another, both from eBay. I also purchased a SquareTrade warranty. My tablet is not working right. Meanwhile I contacted eBay to use my other gmail account, they told me what to do. However they did not tell me that if I used a different email account they would close my current account and ALL OF MY HISTORY WOULD BE GONE.

Pryor to this eBay has been great to me. But this time they have dropped the ball like there was never a ball invented. They erased everything without giving me the option. My SquareTrade warranty information was there, and SquareTrade tells me without a date of purchase they can't find the warranty. Which in itself is ludicrous, they can't even check by phone numbers! So I spent money with eBay, but can't get help with this problem. They contacted me once and told me of the first tablet and that the warranty is over, I contacted them again and told them that the one they are speaking of is the older one. And they REFUSE to talk with me on this issue though I have contacted them several times respectfully. They misguided me and refuse to take responsibility. eBay is rich and they are costing me the use of my tablet. And they have no trouble sending me adds to spend more of my money. This is a terrible way to treat a loyal customer.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Called eBay customer service to report an order to our account that we did not place. The account is under my wife's name so they told me they would not do anything to address the issue unless she called. Told them she was working and could not call but was told they would not do anything about an order placed on a hacked account until she could call. Told them our account was used but the charge was not on our credit card. Told me they would not address this matter at this time.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have been on eBay since they started, both as a buyer and a seller, same account, small-time for both roles. I have been scammed by both buyers and sellers. Hollywood, FL - Never mail here. I was a Fraud Analyst, we never saw as much scams as we did out of here. Lady bought my 2 Blazers, USPS Priority, says only 1 came. Doesn't want to return, wants another Blazer I have for sale sent to her, Priority, for Free. No way. Ask "was package open?" "No", "tape gone?" "No", then how did only 1 Blazer disappear, from a closed package, no damage? She informed me it was possible.

I informed her she must be a Professional Illusionist for such a thing to happen. Even threw some David Copperfield her way, knew I'm getting bad feedback.

Said for her to make a USPS claim, of course, not gonna involve them, the govt., in her scam. So I made one. She mailed back her 1 Blazer, kept other stolen one for free, then USPS honored my claim after questioning her on the loss, so I was out no money. Sold that Blazer again. eBay sees whole conversation, says Buyer seems "Suspicious", then did nothing.

A Buyer didn't like the incense she bought from me, posted that I made this incense, Nag Champa Made in India, in my home. Yep. Another bought 10 boxes, burned it all, wanted a full refund. Told me no one in her temple liked it either. Yet they use every last stick, and free burners I sent her. If you buy on eBay, never use your PAYPAL BALANCE, if you have one. Most Sellers carry a Balance, never use this to buy anything. Why? You lose your chance for a Chargeback/Dispute/Reversal.

I used mine to pay a cell phone bill, one of those Take Any Phones to Any Company, yet my phone wouldn't work with this one co. They wouldn't refund my months of phone bills, PayPal sided with them, and I'd used my balance to pay. No more. Never use that balance. Always use a Visa, MC, Amex, or Discover. Then if you pay for say an Apple iPhone, but you receive a shipping box filled with dirt, or a plastic phone back, guess who will believe you? Not eBay, not PayPal, your Credit Card Issuer is your chance.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I bought an iPhone 6s in November 2018 for £227 and it came with a 2 year warranty. The phone broke within 6 months, it started getting hot and split across the top. I've never seen a phone do that before. I can't be without my phone so I had to buy a new phone for a further £146 and have been waiting 6 weeks for Gadget Outlet to sort this out and give me a refund. I want my £226.99 back and have emailed them 16 times just to be given a half-hearted, almost condescending responses. I have spent so time and much money replacing this phone, moving all my info across it has left me inconvenienced and broke. eBay do not seem to care or be able to help after 90 days. PayPal the same after 180 days. This is a frustrating nightmare. No one should buy from Gadget Outlet, ever!

Original review: June 9, 2019

Prices were good upfront with the related prices and shipping, etc... easy to find new and used products and get a better determination for the value of some things versus what they are sold for, or sold for as new.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I have very bad experience with eBay customer support, as they did not do anything to help. Refused to help in anything so I lost money, my item (as a seller). Buyer sent back the item (which I refunded) to wrong address. Item was delivered and signed by someone (at wrong address). Royal mail refused to go back and redeliver to another address as item was taken by somebody. eBay refused to help. (My returned address was written properly on eBay site but they are saying it was missing). So seems item disappeared, eBay refused to help. Of course it's not Royal Mail problem as they delivered. Looks like scam. Do not use eBay, as it's really not proper organized platform.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Today's lesson: Don't trust eBay feedback. I never received an item. Contacted the seller, did all the appropriate steps. Still no item. eBay sided with the seller and closed the dispute. I left honest feedback and eBay deleted it. Thankfully I'm out only $17. Lesson learned, eBay not to be trusted.

Original review: June 4, 2019

My account was hacked and my bank says it's up to eBay to report unauthorized use and give my money back, eBay says it's up to my bank. But the main thing is MY EBAY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND USED and EBAY DOES NOTHING for customer security and to resolve the issue. Zero customer service, zero attention, they are ZERO, nonresponsible organisation!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I called the ebay customer service regarding the fees. Instead of explaining what the fees are about she was saying hmmm uhh. Extremely rude person name Kay. I hate it. I will be stop selling on ebay. Bad.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We were contacted by a buyer on Etsy telling us that a seller was selling our product. We investigated this. We contacted eBay. They refuse to take the item down. Even after hours of emails and proof.

Original review: June 3, 2019

After 6 phone calls and spending hours on the phone talking to various departments and supervisors at eBay about a seller listing fraudulent products, eBay has done NOTHING to curtail the activities of that seller! In fact, when I went to leave a "Negative" review about that seller, eBay changed my review to "Positive" and now states they CANNOT remove MY review or change it to "Negative" as I posted it. Obviously eBay does NOT care about protecting its buyers, but is instead protecting some of the SCAM artists sellers that continue to operate with eBay's blessings! BUYER BEWARE or better yet, stop buying on eBay altogether! Problem solved!

Original review: June 2, 2019

eBay just flat out sucks! I will never, ever buy or sell anything on eBay or deal with PayPal ever again!! Worst incompetent, dim-witted team ever that can never seem to solve any issues or just don't know nothing, definitely so done with this ridiculous scam website and PayPal either!! #Completely-Useless!!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been buying from eBay for 15 years. So I Decided to sell, and before shipping the item it was damaged by my dog, issued a refund for the buyer and apologized for the inconvenience and issued him a refund, left a negative feedback and eBay would not do anything about it. eBay make their money from the sellers and yet the buyers have the power to mess up your ratings. NEVER sell on eBay. Facebook is the way to sell.

eBay Company Information