Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5
Based on 3,803 ratings submitted in the last year

eBay Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

MSI B450 MORTAR MAX. The box was neat and informative. Cool design. I pair this with my Ryzen 3600 and out of the box, works great. I put my PATRIOT 16GB Viper 4 DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT in the wrong order and on the first boot, I got image message how to change positions of the modules. After that, worked great. SATA ports maybe are the only issue that I have, position could be better. But everything else is just great. Build quality is good. User manual is really informative. BIOS is really simple and informative. As a performant go, I'm graphic designer and putting my Ryzen 3600 to the max work really good. No issues at all. The good VRMs, able to overclock my R5 3600 are here. SB 3.2 ports, 2 in the front, 6 in the back, (1x type C Gen2, 1x type A Gen2, 4x type A Gen1). Total of 8. USB 2.0 ports (4x front, 2x back). In all, 14 USB ports. And you know, MSI is creator of MSI Afterburner. ;)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I would like to start off my review stating that I've ordered items many times and I've always been pleased with the results. One time I had a t-shirt that was a little too small, but the customer service and company it came from both solved my problem. I have never other than that 1 time had a problem with either my orders, getting ahold of customer service, or had a bad customer service experience. I think eBay is a great legitimate company that works to keep its customers, treat their customers well, and do their best to keep customers happy and coming back. It's one of the few who do that in online shopping. I also have another favorite but now is not the time to review it. I'm very pleased with eBay and I will continue to order merchandise from them far into the future.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The automated system sucks, sorry eBay. The system never hears me correctly nor does it understand complex issues like the one I had. Tip for future callers: Say, "I want to speak with a representative" and if you're lucky, the system will recognize what you said and pass you through. Now, I spoke with a great woman named Tanya from Texas. She creatively resolved my problem and was enthusiastic while doing so. Easily the best customer service representative I've come in contact with. Great charisma, she deserves a raise. -Jake

Original review: May 10, 2019

Tiffany from the returning department was super kind, understanding and helpful. I was in situation where I didn’t know what to do next. I gave the customer service a call for help. Tiffany did an amazing job telling me what’s going to happen next and how long this process will take. I was more than happy to talk to a live person that could help me and not wait on hold for a very long time. Thank you eBay for the help. :)

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been doing business with eBay for 20 years?! Overseas and within my own country (USA) I have been both a seller and customer. I have been both upset and satisfied with selling and buying. Honestly more satisfied than unhappy! I will never cheat on eBay with Amazon or any other "big market" site (well wish.com here and there????). But overall I don't think anyone would ever completely understand how much we have saved over all these years, literally we have probably saved by now hundreds if not thousands and thousands of dollars using eBay! eBay has been NUMBER ONE 1, financially, logically even mentally and physically, it has benefited us more positively than any other marketplace online and I will never go against my own review of eBay regardless of a couple crummy sellers who managed to squeeze through the terms' rules and regulations, ended up selling a knockoff brand, or going against another similar policy or such, etc...

Nothing like that can tarnish our ideas about how fantastic eBay is and has always been for us! The world isn't perfect. It's flawed so much more than eBay if you REALLY REALLY think about it in comparison to a few ideas leaning in favor of seller or buyer, like the scheme; "money back guarantee" (understandably not fair for sellers). BUT honestly think about HOW much MORE you gained from eBay than lost!! I'm almost positive that there are more success stories than fails, in all 20 (?) Years eBay has been around working for YOU. Come on. You all know you've SAVED money and/or gained with eBay than lost. You all know I'm right!??? Let your Prejudiced thoughts or jealousies go, come on people. Just admit how much we love eBay. Come on. Cooommmme onnnnn???? ** Okay anyways we "heart" eBay!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: April 2, 2020

I sold a $3000 laser cutter on eBay and the unit was working fine with video proof but the buyer destroyed it by plugged into a short electric outlet. He then asked either I give him back $1200 to fix it or he's going to return the unit. I refused to give him the money so I was forced to accept the return due to eBay's "always protect buyers" policy. When I received the unit, not only the circuit board is burned, the unit was coated with coolant because he left off the cap. I filed a claim and refused the full refund and presented all the evidence, eBay completely ignored it and still sided with him in spite of my appeal.

My lawyer friends couldn't believe it because they thought for sure I have a case (at least in the court). In the end, not only I lost $400 for the round trip shipping, but I also lost $3000+ worth of machine/unknown repair costs to come (if it's even fixable at this point). So, please, if you're going to sell anything valuable on eBay - don't... unless you don't mind to pay for other's mistake.

Original review: March 28, 2020

So, for 10 years I have bought/sold on eBay with no issues. The one time I do have a problem, eBay does not stand behind their seller protection policy or account for violations in their user agreement or money back guarantee (which if read in their entirety you will see a line exempting eBay from following their own rules). A buyer reported a false claim of a shirt being too short, like a crop top they said, yet the listing provided all measurements including the length (Google average length of crop top and it says 14") which proved the claim untrue. I had an issue with my return address which I sent multiple emails to customer service attempting to have them help me fix this. I also notified the buyer of every step I was taking to facilitate the return, asking them to contact me when eBay sends the label to verify the address.

eBay sends the wrong address, and the buyer never contacted me. I guess I needed to send 16 messages instead of the 15 I sent. The item gets delivered and eBay tells me to issue a refund. I send 15 more emails and contact the buyer. Again I should have sent 16 I guess because eBay debited my account and refunded the buyer. So I appeal and send 16 emails this time! Denied. I send 17 emails of supporting documentation to no avail.

Their response after another 18 (upping my game) emails was, "By closing the case for the buyer we're not saying that you did something wrong (whew! Glad they let me know this, (enter sarcasm)), but as we're never with the item (what? Of course they aren't, eBay relies on trust to create a safe environment for sellers and buyers, so they say), we look to make the most neutral decision (neutral as in what's best for eBay) that we can, and that is to refund the buyer since we have tracking that confirmed delivery back to you the seller (me screaming long and painfully)." I respond that while there is proof that an item was delivered, I have proof that a huge mistake was made by negligent customer service reps and the buyer who both knowing sent the item to the wrong address. They said they were sorry. I said close my seller account I am done writing emails.

I am also filing a notice to dispute with ebay's legal department, writing to the corporate office in CA, submitting a complaint to CA consumer affairs and the Better Business Bureau (I can't wait to see how many emails this is going to be). Now, this is not about the money, it is a negligible amount. It's about being an above standard seller for years without a problem. For always looking out for my buyers by refunding them and still sending them an item at my expense if I notice even the slightest snag in fabric I may have missed when listing. For giving away items for free and shipping for free if it is going to a military base. For never complaining and demanding unreasonable returns if I made a mistake buying. I still paid all of ebay's fees regardless of whether or not I made anything. My point is, eBay has behaved in a way contrary to what I agreed to and has completely failed me.

Oh yeah, and if you are selling or buying something expensive on eBay, read the user agreement carefully. Especially read the opt out of arbitration portion of the legal section of eBay. If you don't opt out within 30 days of opening an account, you will not be entitled to sue in a court of law and all disputes must be settled by arbitration.

Original review: March 28, 2020

If you are thinking about selling on eBay, be aware, they do not protect sellers. I sold two electronic circuit boards that were fully tested. After a few weeks the buyer wanted a refund. He claimed they were bad. I allowed them to be returned because ebay forces you to accept returns. When I got them back not only were they physically damaged but also electronically damaged. They were returned packed in highly conductive packing peanuts. After ebay issued the refund without listening to me they refused an appeal even though I had pictures of the parts returned and a factory authorized review of the damage this buyer caused. Beware when selling on this site. Fees are high, they report what you sell to the government and they do not back you when you need it. I would give less then a 1 if I could and I have sold off and on at this site for several years.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I have used Ebay for many years and never had an issue. I kept seeing their money back guarantee if there's an issue with the purchase and wondered on legit their guarantee was. Well I did not receive a package and when I opened a claim with Ebay, they closed within minutes and said it was delivered and closed the case. Did not ask questions or investigate. Their process is terrible and I will pay a couple of more dollars shopping elsewhere. Their customer service is shameful.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Seller posted photos of a box that was for a complete set of tools. The listing was only for the battery and charger for the tool. After committing to buy and paying for item, I realized the error in the listing and I tried to cancel the purchase before the seller sent it out. Too late. He sent it out anyway. When it arrived I refused delivery and it was sent back.

The seller received the item back but eBay says they don't have the tracking number. They say they can't help with the refund because I didn't use their "shipping label" and I have to file with my credit card to get refund. My credit card says they can't claim credit with this seller and so I am out $27. The seller says I did something "fraudulent" and eBay closed my case and he has "no way" to issue a refund and eBay won't step in and force him to refund the money. What a huge hassle, racket and load of nonsense! I have been doing business with eBay for almost twenty years and they have always found a way to hose me down whenever there is a problem! Ebay customer service is a JOKE!

eBay Company Information