eBay

eBay
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5
Based on 4,293 ratings submitted in the last year

eBay Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

MSI B450 MORTAR MAX. The box was neat and informative. Cool design. I pair this with my Ryzen 3600 and out of the box, works great. I put my PATRIOT 16GB Viper 4 DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT in the wrong order and on the first boot, I got image message how to change positions of the modules. After that, worked great. SATA ports maybe are the only issue that I have, position could be better. But everything else is just great. Build quality is good. User manual is really informative. BIOS is really simple and informative. As a performant go, I'm graphic designer and putting my Ryzen 3600 to the max work really good. No issues at all. The good VRMs, able to overclock my R5 3600 are here. SB 3.2 ports, 2 in the front, 6 in the back, (1x type C Gen2, 1x type A Gen2, 4x type A Gen1). Total of 8. USB 2.0 ports (4x front, 2x back). In all, 14 USB ports. And you know, MSI is creator of MSI Afterburner. ;)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I would like to start off my review stating that I've ordered items many times and I've always been pleased with the results. One time I had a t-shirt that was a little too small, but the customer service and company it came from both solved my problem. I have never other than that 1 time had a problem with either my orders, getting ahold of customer service, or had a bad customer service experience. I think eBay is a great legitimate company that works to keep its customers, treat their customers well, and do their best to keep customers happy and coming back. It's one of the few who do that in online shopping. I also have another favorite but now is not the time to review it. I'm very pleased with eBay and I will continue to order merchandise from them far into the future.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been doing business with eBay for 20 years?! Overseas and within my own country (USA) I have been both a seller and customer. I have been both upset and satisfied with selling and buying. Honestly more satisfied than unhappy! I will never cheat on eBay with Amazon or any other "big market" site (well wish.com here and there????). But overall I don't think anyone would ever completely understand how much we have saved over all these years, literally we have probably saved by now hundreds if not thousands and thousands of dollars using eBay! eBay has been NUMBER ONE 1, financially, logically even mentally and physically, it has benefited us more positively than any other marketplace online and I will never go against my own review of eBay regardless of a couple crummy sellers who managed to squeeze through the terms' rules and regulations, ended up selling a knockoff brand, or going against another similar policy or such, etc...

Nothing like that can tarnish our ideas about how fantastic eBay is and has always been for us! The world isn't perfect. It's flawed so much more than eBay if you REALLY REALLY think about it in comparison to a few ideas leaning in favor of seller or buyer, like the scheme; "money back guarantee" (understandably not fair for sellers). BUT honestly think about HOW much MORE you gained from eBay than lost!! I'm almost positive that there are more success stories than fails, in all 20 (?) Years eBay has been around working for YOU. Come on. You all know you've SAVED money and/or gained with eBay than lost. You all know I'm right!??? Let your Prejudiced thoughts or jealousies go, come on people. Just admit how much we love eBay. Come on. Cooommmme onnnnn???? ** Okay anyways we "heart" eBay!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've been on eBay for 19 years as a buyer and seller and have tipped the scales between the two frequently. :) People are always quick to leave bad feedback for eBay... and I'm sure there were times in the past that I would have too. HOWEVER, they have improved by leaps and bounds on customer service and support. The support staff is knowledgeable and has been trained very well. In past years they would route their CS support via India and I had trouble understanding thru heavy accents. This is no longer the case. After having more options as a seller available, I can say that I appreciate eBay more than in the past. Ebay versus Tradesy: eBay is the winner (faster payouts, better customer service and broader audience). Ebay versus Poshmark: too different to compare. Give eBay another chance. I did and the benefits are real.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

An issue where a buyer made a false complaint and wanted to return the item and when I received it noted that several items had been taken away from it, which put me at risk of losing a considerable amount. eBay heard and understood my frustration and after conducting their investigation concluded with me not having the end result be taking a loss. I appreciated their genuine care as this is normally lost with a company as large as eBay. But if everyone handled their business this way the world would be a much more pleasant place... A small but happy fish in the sea of eBay users...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I purchased 2 Dolce Gabbana eyeliner pencils. The seller Bodyskincare! (5612) sent me two incorrect pencils. Not having experience in buying on eBay I first phoned Ebay. They showed me how to contact the seller. He apologized and said he would send me the two correct color pencils and I should keep the two incorrect pencils for the inconvenience. You can imagine how disappointed and upset I was when he again sent me two incorrect pencils.

When I called Ebay again, their representative cancelled my return in error. After at least a half dozen phone calls to Ebay -- even speaking to a Supervisor, Mark -- Ebay tells me there is nothing they can do to help me. The seller now is asking for all four pencils to be returned in order to get a full refund. Now he is refusing to respond to my e-mails and refused to send me a prepaid shipping label. I should not have to pay to return something that he sent me that was not the product as described in his store. BE AWARE WHEN SHOPPING ON EBAY AND BE AWARE OF THIS SELLER!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Seriously this site has become a joke!!! As a seller I sold $35 item and it was marked as No Returns!!! It was marked as used. The buyer submitted a return request. I was charged back right away the money for the sale. I didn't even approve the return but apparently this doesn't matter to eBay. What is the point to pay 26 dollars for shipping charges for item that cost 35?!?! How frustrating this could be for me as a seller. After the item was delivered 20 days ago!!! How do I know if this buys didn't drop or broke it?!? Who will protect my item? And money? I will never sell items on ebay!!! Amazon is way better!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I ordered a filter for a Bissell steam mop 1867 from topvacuumparts on eBay. The description on ebay listed the 1867 model as being compatible, however the water reservoir did not seat fully onto the filter due to a raised edge that was not on the original filter. I returned the product as not fitting and was charged for the return shipping. The response from the seller was that they sent me the item I ordered and that they are allowed to charge for return shipping. My negative review was not posted on ebay.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Multiple time seller with 0 previous complaints and multiple positive reviews. Sold a game for £40. Posted first class. The buyer harassed with messages accusing me of fraud and has lied and said the game hasn't turned up. eBay have debited me £40 which has now blocked PayPal account. They refuse to refund me for my loss and have the audacity to harass me weekly with emails of overdue 'selling fees'. After speaking to a manager over the phone who explained that some buyers rig the system and raise complaints when the item is small enough they know there will be no tracking. She then told me she believed me and not the buyer but still couldn't refund me and will side with the buyer via the resolution? Offered nothing in the way of a refund or even goodwill gesture as a seller for many years. Told "Oh well better luck next time". Absolute nonsense. Horrible service with no protection for sellers. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Ebay is not a reliable way to buy and mainly SELL items. There are a lot of scammers on Ebay that will purchase your items and never pay. Ebay does not help at all except to delete your items, leaving you with a loss of a week and having to completely relist your item from scratch again. They have a "Resolution Center" for complaints against buyers that don't pay, but before that happens Ebay will delete your posting and you will never see any type of payment. I would NOT recommend Ebay to anyone.c

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

eBay Company Information