eBay

eBay

3.6/5 (801 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2023

A buyer wanted to return an item he bought on my eBay. It was a high-end speaker that I bought brand new from Best Buy. I have a no-return policy on items I sell. eBay charge me $130 for shipping and another $54 For processing the sale. The buyer wanted to return the item claiming it was a fake. I don’t think Best Buy sells fake items. eBay took the side of the buyer and charged my account for the full selling amount plus shipping. Now I am out the money and the speaker. This is not fair.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2023

Have been waiting 4 weeks for a refund on eBay. The item was never delivered, and the seller refuses to issue a refund. eBay has been of no help whatsoever. eBay has allowed the seller extension after extension delaying my refund and has put my case against the seller on hold. Would not recommend the company for buying or selling.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

eBay international shipping service is a total scam and let me explain why. When a seller posts a product and places a shipping price, that price is supposed to be quite accurate to cover the costs of shipping the item, but lately what you will see is when you search for a product, in the result list you see a product price + a shipping price. BUT....when you enter the product page you suddenly see that the shipping price is now exorbitantly 3 times what it was initially, but WHY? This is Ebay international shipping service.... Ebay provides a courier pickup so that the seller never really has to do anything but package the item. But wait so why pay the seller the shipping fees???? This is the scam, Ebay basically charges you an obscene amount of money to ship the item to you while also giving the seller the shipping fee that he charged you initially. Both the seller and Ebay win!!!!

Ebay's response when I presented the situation to them was that I can always ask the seller to relist the item and use an alternate shipping option, basically transferring the responsibility to the seller, but why in the same hill would the seller go through all that work of having to arrange shipping, relist the item and lose out on the shipping fee for the buyer???? LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, NOW YOU KNOW THAT EBAY HAS OFFICIALLY LOST ITS MIND. I am stating now, any seller using eBay international shipping has lost me as a buyer. I high recommend you do the same otherwise we paved the way for legitimate scamming. Ps. If anyone wants the conversation I had with the ebay rep you're more than welcome to find me .

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

She misrepresented the size of a dress that I purchased from her. So I had to go through the hassle of trying to send it back. The package got lost/stolen in the mail. Then I was stuck with NOTHING. Meanwhile, she gets to keep my money (and) the thief gets a free dress. I left her neutral feedback. Why would I leave positive feedback when I was screwed by her AND the post office??? She got free money. The postal thief got a free dress. And I have NOTHING. So yes, I posted neutral feedback.

She had my neutral feedback removed. I stated FACTS only. No personal insults. Nothing that I didn't have backed up by screenshots and emails. Ebay might have bought whatever lie she told to get my valid feedback removed, but that doesn't change the truth. I sent her a picture of the dress that clearly showed HER MISTAKE. I sent her the THREE case numbers that I filed with the post office. The dress cost a measly $27. She would rather hold on to $27, than do the right thing and issue a refund due to a mistake that she made. I sell on Ebay as well. If were to mess up and send somebody the wrong thing (and the return got lost/stolen in the mail), I would just issue a refund. Especially if the buyer showed proof that they fought to get answers from the post office.

I'm not posting this, because I want a response. I'm posting this, because I want there to be something online that documents my experience. I know it's not going to affect her a darn bit. But I feel better knowing that just because she had my neutral review removed from Ebay, it doesn't stop me from posting my experience elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

She misrepresented the size of an item that I purchased from her. So I had to go through the hassle of trying to send it back. The package got lost/stolen in the mail. Then I was stuck with NOTHING. Meanwhile, she gets to keep my money (and) the thief gets a free dress. I could have left her negative feedback, but I left neutral feedback instead. She had my feedback removed, so I am posting my experience here. Ebay might have bought whatever lie she told to get my VALID feedback removed, but that doesn't change the truth. I sent her a picture of the dress that clearly showed HER MISTAKE. I sent her the case numbers that I filed with the post office. The dress cost $27. She would rather hold on to $27, than do the right thing and issue a refund due to a mistake THAT SHE MADE??? Proceed with caution when dealing with this seller.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I have orders that never arrived and can't get my money back, also defective items with no help from eBay. It's over $100 and I'm disabled and can't afford things like medicine because people stole my money.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Ebay's Authentication program is a scam, that supports shady dealers. I was sold a blatantly damaged Kobe Bryant Topps Finest Heirs rookie card. There is bubbling in the dead center of the card, on Kobe's shoulder but this wasn't listed in description or viewable in the photos the seller dcsports87, provided. When I received the card I could see there was a problem with something on Kobe arm but had to open the eBay authentication seal to see if it was the eBay authentication bag, or the other two sleeves the card was in. Once I broke the eBay seal bag, eBay said I could no longer return the card despite the 100% money-back guarantee they constantly promote. The card is still in a sealed sleeve, so it can't be touched. Feel totally swindled by the seller and dealer eBay.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

So, as suspected... eBay's site showed that my selling fee was returned to me after I issued a refund! NOT! They were going to keep it! I called and sure enough "there was a glitch." Beware and check your bank account for exactly the sum of selling fee they show as taken from you in the first place. They kept referring me to the site's transaction records to tell me that it was refunded, but I was relentless. No amount with that number showed in my bank. At the end, the person on the phone told me that there must of been a "glitch" and they were going to refund me the selling fee. Hopefully, they will play clear this time because there was another instance where I feel they didn't return my selling fee, but I couldn't look that far in my bank. Same thing happened then, they referred me to their site and what it said!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

They will not ever provide a live representative to help you and all situations are not addressed by the site. I have been trying to get a refund for an item that was never shipped to me and there is no help by the Ebay. Will no longer buy from this site.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I would give 0 if I could. It's a scam company! I try to contact their customer service and they only keep sending automatic response on my email which is not what I want!! They suspended my account without even giving explanation and didn't pay me money for items I sold! scam!!! Beware!!

eBay Company Information