eBay

eBay
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 4,239 ratings submitted in the last year

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: April 16, 2021

On March 17 of this year I bought a set of customers car mats for my car on eBay, seller was from China. I received the item a month later. When I received it it was the wrong size. I notify the seller who wanted me to pay the postage to return it to China. I told him it was unacceptable. I contacted ebay customer service and that was hopeless.

I finally was able to speak to a US manager on April 11 who agreed with me that me paying out-of-pocket for the return was unacceptable and I should wait a couple of days for them to intervene, today I contacted ebay customer service again and they flip-flopped on me. They said the seller had a no return policy and I have to work it out with the seller so my thing was just because they have a no return policy they could send me anything..It's going to cost me $150 out-of-pocket to return these mats to China for a set of mats that cost me $115 initially and ebay is not willing to help sell. I have to go now to my credit card company and hopefully they will reverse the charges..To hell with ebay from now on stay away

Original review: April 15, 2021

I used to think that eBay was a good site to purchase merchandise from. But the last order I placed had 4 fraudulent sellers, and never received the merchandise. eBay gave me a refund, but in my opinion, if I wanted a refund, I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place. I really don't think that eBay does enough to search for fraudulent sellers. I mean, I had 4 t-shirts I ordered, and all 4 items I ordered, eBay told me that they shut down the sellers because of account issues. I'm extremely disappointed with eBay. I gave them one more chance, and ordered some merchandise from them, but if just one of the items doesn't get delivered because of a scam seller, I'm deleting my account, uninstalling the app, and I'll never order from them again. I ordered a few t-shirts this time. My guess is something won't show up, we'll see.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I have been both a seller and a buyer. As a seller eBay blocked my account due to feedback from buyers of shipping charges malpractices with no bad review from buyers but strictly an ebay decision while still maintaining 100% positive feedback. I refuse to supply ebay with the documentations they requested simply because of their prejudice practices with their thousands of unverified sellers yet with my 100% satisfied customer base I am at fault? What a load of crap! In addition, their charges over shipping makes no sense if the shipping cost exceeds the item selling price.

As a buyer they closed a disputed transaction sooner than I was able to resolve and refuse to reopen it. Items that are not shipped or arrived within certain time frame are omitted and invisible. You have to dig in deep to find them especially if you make many purchases and need to track them down. This is cumbersome and very annoying. Unsatisfied overall.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I have been a top rated seller on eBay for about 15 years. This rating is measure in a number of different ways. Timely delivery is one of them. They have made a tremendous mistake in rating the sellers on extremely poor delivery record of the USPS in the past year during the global pandemic. If the seller ships to the post office in an approved amount of time, he/she is punished statistically and financially by the very poor performance and slow delivery of the USPS. Rating the seller from these very poor metrics from the past yearly performance of the USPS is wrong any way you look at it. The eBay software only allows them to go back 90 days and correct errors, even though the USPS poor delivery issues have grown for the past year. I have been an engineer for 52 years and never seen a more distorted/incorrect and fraudulent measurement of anything!

Original review: April 5, 2021

I have been a seller on eBay since 01/2021. Due to the pandemic I had to start my own company. I used my savings to buy supplies to start making my own products. All payouts coming fine then all of a sudden restricted my account for no reason, and all payouts on hold. I have 124 orders to ship and cannot buy supplies to make the orders. I was doing great. Ebay saw that and cut my account to make sure larger suppliers with same products could sell more.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Ebay refunded one of our buyers without having our item returned, leaving us without the item or payment. We understand the occasional need for refunds, but not without a return. We have largely had a great experience selling with eBay, but this is a dangerous precedent that has been set.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I have been on the site for many years. I have an excellent record with five stars on everything. If you report a buyer for cheating the bid system they take the seller's comments to heart before the buyer. Which is strange in itself. I have had many bid retractions in my life. When the same buyer has two bid retractions at the same time that brings up red flags I would hope. YET THEY (EBAY) would not let me buy anything after reporting this. BEWARE OF EBAY. IN MY OPINION THEY FAVOR THE SELLER OVER THE BUYER!!..

Original review: March 24, 2021

I just experienced eBay will conceal/remove a seller’s feedback you post as a buyer. They don’t follow their own policies about review management and will remove negative reviews posted by the buyer. I have proof and also have documented proof this seller cheated me out of my shipping that was supposed to be a free return. I only wanted an exchange at first but after the nasty behavior of the seller, it turned to a full return of the single product to exchange then shipped back the accessories.

The seller took me through hassles to exchange the defective TENs unit and told me they tested all their products before shipping but when I presented the facts that it shipped out as such, I was asked to pay the return cost to exchange, I asked seller to pay and I was told I will get reimbursed, but didn’t. EBay’s exchange policy is for the seller to send me a tracking number. I now believe this unit possibly was not sold as “new” but “used”. eBay removed my negative mark and review to allow the seller to look flawless. How many others are they doing like that? I went beyond the standards to resolve which spoke volumes about BlissOutlet8 seller lack of integrity and ethics on eBay as a seller.

Therefore, deceptive practices are absolutely occurring at eBay and they do not notify you to resolve your post but they remove it at the seller’s discretion immediately and claim they can’t repost your negative review for others to see. I posted my bad experiences for the buyers to see the seller has unethical practices and make a sound judgement.

Original review: March 24, 2021

3/3/21: Ordered clothing items. Approx 3/11/21: Rec’d order; didn’t fit. 3/16/21: Started return; told to wait 4 days for return label from seller. 3/22/21: Rec’d no label; called again; told eBay was sending email with return label; email came, no label; called again, rec’d another email with non-working link to label; called again, told to wait 48 hours for link to work. 03/24/21: Link didn’t work, called again, told to wait 5 days for return label from seller; told not to worry about 30-day return for full refund policy!!! Will this ever be resolved? Purchase not worth the time spent on the phone and the frustration of trying to return. eBay lacks customer service and needs to stop training agents to overuse customer’s first name!!! This familiarity does not make up for the lack of true service and is offensive!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Take warning!! Do NOT buy from EBay. If your item gets lost, they will NOT refund your money. They will fraudulently take it and keep it! I have tried to find out what happened to my item from the seller and they keep referring me to EBay and EBay refuses to pay me back the money.

eBay Company Information