3.56/5
Based on 1,140 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

eBay

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

3706 eBay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had purchased iPhone 6 64GB from eBay international seller i2cworld_inc on 28 August 2017. I received the product on 12 of August in a very bad state. There were scratches on the mobile plus there was a line on the screen. Soon after 4 days the mobile went dead and I filed a complaint but my complaint again and again got rejected. eBay is a cheat, they have held up my money and cheated me by supporting the seller and rejecting my claim. I will want to tell everyone that i2cworld_inc is also a cheat of a seller.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After an eBay seller tried ripping me off by changing his address after I shipped out the item to the return address, eBay quickly read the case details and gave me my money back. Another seller sold me expired things and eBay stepped in to help. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I purchased the items from the seller on eBay that's free shipping, invoiced it, then paid for it. When time to ship it, the seller wants to charge me shipping. The seller will not honor this transaction. These baiting practice is bad and dishonest. No Trust! Can't find help from eBay. "Mr. No customer service".

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I received an email from eBay telling me to sell three items and leave the fees to them. I prefer OfferUp now but figured I'd give them a try since the fees would be waived. I listed my Apple Watch. It sold same day. Great! Not so great. eBay decided they wanted to hold the payment and mind you I've sold items before on their marketplace and never had an issue. I called and voiced a complaint with Rose (service req **) who told me I need to do my research before selling and that it's posted in the user agreement. Who reads that!? You expect a reputable company to alert you before posting that if your item is sold your payment could be held for 21 days. Then I could make the decision to continue or not. Now I am forced to mail the watch with no money in hand. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Because of an attempt to contact a seller about an eBay LISTED item, eBay blocked my account from contacting ANY sellers or making buy-it-now bids or best offer bids on ANY listing. I contacted customer service and they informed me it is eBay policy to block communications from accounts and the ban would continue another 5-7 days! I've been an active customer of eBay for 15 years. NO MORE Terrible policies. Researched it online and found hundreds of other eBay buyers and sellers leaving eBay because of their unacceptable policies. AVOID EBAY at all cost. Amazon has much better customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I ordered a Samsung mobile from eBay on 08 November 2016 worth Rs. 24500 via online payment mode but it received me next month in December in broken state and I complain customer care approx 100 of times and its seller name: cell4ever24 (585), 100 of times regarding broken phone but they can't listen my request and mailed me I change it soon, and I change it soon but they are both make me fool and not returned or change it. I was send all regarding it. Please I requested you help for this type of cheat and action against him.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I bought a wallet from eBay, and have not received the item yet. The listing says it should be delivered by today, and the item has not been delivered. Called eBay to file a complaint and I was just told by someone overseas that I had to call back tomorrow to file a not received item. Customer service with eBay is getting worse and lawsuits need to be filed against eBay.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I'd avoid it as a seller, the fees are very high and there is no service from eBay when things go wrong. Buyers can bid on items and then just not pay, eBay allow this and there are no repercussions for this. Users that have done this to me recently have still got 100% positive feedback because eBay don't allow you to review them so are just encouraging the behavior. Their customer support is incompetent, I sometimes wonder if it's a robot I'm speaking to as they just repeat their policies that are inadequate.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I paid for an item I purchased on eBay on 9/16/2017. I sent several emails to the seller with no response. The shipping estimate (which was about a 2 week window) came and went and I had to wait another 3 days to file my money back guarantee claim. When I attempted to file my claim with eBay, which of course promises money back guarantee, the system said I had to send yet another email to the seller and wait 4 days for a response. If no response then eBay will step in. Except today is the 4th and I filed today. Their system now says I have to wait until the 11th for eBay to honor their contract with me, the buyer!

I called eBay and the women went on about how they have to file their guidelines. The problem is, their guidelines change each time you try to get them to honor their legally binding contract! First it was wait 3 days, then wait 4 days and then wait 7 days!! All that before eBay will lift a finger to honor their contract with me. By the time eBay wants to step in (and who even knows now what that might mean... more waiting most likely) it will be almost a month since I paid for my item and received absolutely no response, whatsoever, from the seller and no item. I will no longer purchase items on eBay and I will let others know that as well. -100 IF IT WAS ALLOWED. Ebay's behavior is as deceptive as the sellers has been.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The eBay listing was for a used Sony Playstation 3 console. One photograph showed a painted unit. The description read: “I have a Ps3 slim 320gb comes with controller and cords and Need For Speed Shift works perfect.” As a side note, I have some reason to believe the seller is under 18 years of age, which violates eBay’s terms of service. I would be happy to list my reasoning if it is requested. Once item was purchased, I was informed that a ribbon cable was on order to repair the console. I was not informed beforehand that I was purchasing a broken console that was in the process of being repaired.

Upon receiving the item, it reeked with cigarette smoke and chemicals. The exterior is highly damaged with holes and channels cut into it. The electrical cord input was loose, and the eject and power buttons stick, as they are caked with some type of glue or paint. Upon examination I find insect husks and parts in some of the cracks and crevices. The hard drive is covered in insect feces consistent with those of mites.

At this point I remove the top cover for the purpose of checking the quality, and any other unspecified damage as well as providing photos. Several Phillips screws were removed and the Torx tamper proof screws were missing. Under the cover revealed a plethora of mite feces and cigarette tar on much of the surface of the electrical components, as well as full and partial insect exoskeletons as well as parts. No components under the cover were touched, and the console was immediately moved outside of my home for fear of an infestation transferring. This person denied a return, offered an exchange, told me not to contact him. I had opened a case file for a return and the case was moved to the status of the seller approving the return and creating a return label. However no label was sent to me. I stopped contacting the seller per their request.

I called eBay and explained the situation and was told that eBay would refund my money. I said “what happens if he does send the label, and I return the item. I want a refund; I do not want anything else from that seller as the first item was a health risk.” I was informed again, to send it back and eBay would refund me. I was told if the seller does not provide the label, eBay will provide further instruction after the third business day. During the weekend I receive 2 emails, on a Sunday evening, one that the seller had asked for eBay’s help, and another saying the case was closed that eBay made a final decision.

Why did I have to wait so long but the seller gets an answer immediately, and during non-business hours? Now, after my waiting the case was closed and only the person on the telephone got to hear my side of the story, who said I would be refunded. My pictures were never asked for while eBay was making their decision. The decision was ruled in favor of the seller because the item was "opened." However it was opened for the sole purpose of taking photos and "For the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item." Per the eBay money back guarantee. The purchase also included a game (which had the feces in the case, along with a brown, gooey, liquidy substance which to the extent of my knowledge could just as well be mice urine) and a controller which I did not bother looking at nor telling eBay about as it was the least of my worries.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

These people hacked my accounts, changed all my details and eBay customer service helped in no way! All I wanted was account to be closed as I don't feel safe. They said I tried to purchase items and they couldn't close account with pending items. The hackers tried to spend my money and those are not my items. Now they said that's sorted but have to wait 7 days to close account! Wtf? People know personal details about me and I want account closed! I was on phone for 2 hours and have two babies, I don't have time for this ** at all. I got them to put it in writing that account will be closed in 7 days but won't hold my breath! Such a shame as I wanted hacked account closed and the make a new safe one but not now! Attached some photos of hackers info they changed and some things they tried to buy using my account.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I purchased a streaming TV box from China in May. It was defective so I was told to send it back. They couldn't produce a return shipping label so I was told to ship it back and I would receive the money credited back to my PayPal account for the shipping cost because the seller was responsible. The seller was to reimburse me after receiving the broken item. This took over 30 days to return. Since early July I have been trying to get my shipping returned.

EBay says it's over 30 days so their product protection doesn't cover it and passes me on to PayPal. Paypal says it's over 30 days so their product protection no longer covers me and tells me eBay should be reimbursing me, they are passing the buck. What does a consumer do? I am screwed and no one will help me plus I never got a new TV streaming box and eBay won't help with that either. The lesson here is DO NOT BUY FROM CHINA, because you will have NO Protection.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I bought eBay gift card to buy something and now I have not used that because the thing which I wanted to buy got cheaper from a dealership. Now eBay is not returning my eBay gift card money. Is it not ridiculous to hold money of customer? I am frustrated by their immature customer care who does not have any reply, that why customer money should not be returned to his bank account. This is how they have captured my 1000$ and I am stuck with them. Really frustrated and I do not know how to get my money back from them now. Can you please help? Really very frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I purchased a cargo cover from eBay, when it arrived it looked nothing like the picture. And returned the item quickly following their instructions in the email sent to me. Even the picture sent in their email was the item I wanted, but was nothing like I received. I got a refund on my bank account. But did not get the shipping which cost $19. I called eBay, they said they do not refund shipping on returned items. Very bad business. Will never shop with them again. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

In short, the things not to purchase on ebay are large live plants and any newer Cabela's big man's Gore Tex rainwear. I am tied up in three protracted disputes as a buyer with a total of several hundred dollars in limbo. Two are orders for live blueberry plants. In each case the deliveries were refused due to damaged packaging. One of the sellers asked me to pay for half the shipping. Couldn't believe it.

I received a Cabela's rain bib described as 5x new. Received unsealed bib, tried it on and won't fit a 3x man, me. Cabela's has contracted their manufacturing to China and the sizes are 30-40% smaller. The seller was insulating and argumentative to boot. Seller demanded I pay return shipping and 15 percent restocking fee, amounting to a third of the paying price. Dumbfounded. A very annoying thing about all this is eBay and PayPal want to hide anything under dispute so it makes it hard to keep track. So if you're a big guy who wants to grow blueberries in the rain, stay away from ebay! I have had good experience buying and selling camera equipment and electronics, to be fair in my assessment.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

eBay will let anyone sell on their site, protect them from bad ratings by stretching out pending cases past time to leave accurate feedback. They know we are not going to take the time to package up proper and send back a product and pay shipping as it is not worth it. Their "go to reply" "return the item" knowing we won't. We bought a product and want that product and eBay doesn't care if you get paid back or not as long as they get paid. We have all recommended they make it known. If sellers get paid they should deliver the product described or eat the cost as we do FOR FREE when taking our time away from business to package up and send back a product that is not what they listed or missing items from shipment.

1 in 50 items are not what they send and are missing items or packaged poorly and get ruined/parts lost in shipment. eBay ripped my friend off for a Harley at the tune of 15,000.00. Never got his money back. eBay does not care as long as they get paid. eBay community, (a bunch of ass kissing eBay employees) lie through their teeth about everything to make you think you are out of line. They said "98% is a poor rating and I should have known better than to buy from them" WTF?!?! If their rating is bad at 98% why let anyone sell on eBay that is less than 100%?!?!?

My last purchase arrived in a box poorly packaged full of holes and they lost key fobs!! and?? Never know as the holes were never taped up by FedEx (in photos below) eBay wanted me to package up proper and send back and pay shipping!?!? They don't pay us to package and send the items. It's not worth it to us!! eBay SUCKS!!! May as well pay full price at the store than risk money in a gamble of eBay's gauntlet of horrors. It was great for a long time then just here lately this shipping and description issues started and the sellers know they come first so do whatever they want at our expense.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Proud to say I'm an American and a proud eBay shopper. The best deals and complete package is always found on eBay. Have never had a problem that can't be worked out. Upon receiving the package; all four box corners are fully intact (not pressed inward). The contents are well bound in a box that made it through the Hurricane Irma in Florida. Those poor people struggle and still push through in delivering the product here. I pray they find better days and find their smiles.

Ebay is the American company I will always strive to buy through. After cutting through tape opening the lids apart to see bubble wrap. Pull that out and nicely wrapped in foam protecting from the elements. Fellow Americans, Go eBay because they are literally, "Hurricane Proof". God Bless them all. All their hard work is noticed as I read the contents on the package list provided inside. Thank you for providing awesome products and be sure to have an awesome day. Thank you very much indeed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I would suggest that everyone cancel their eBay accounts. I sold an item for $40.00 and the buyers has received the item, completed feedback and eBay is still holding the funds for 5 days. IT'S ALL A SCAM FOR EBAY AND PAYPAL TO USE "YOUR" MONEY FOR DAYS BEFORE RELEASING TO THE SELLER... ** eBay and PayPal. Cancelled both accounts.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Desperate for a vehicle, I found a 2003 Land Range Rover for sale on Facebook. After reviewing the profile of the lady who was supposedly selling the vehicle I figured it to be true. To my demise I was directed to an email address to a so called sister of hers who was selling the vehicle. Upon contact with the lady Brittney ** via email, she stated that she was in the military and needed to sell the vehicle before the 15th of the following month. Sadly, I am out of 2000.00. I will never purchase anything off the internet again. I need my money back.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have noticed a rash of accounts selling fake micro sd cards. They are 1-8 gb cards that have been reformatted to read as 256gb or so and comes in fake Samsung packaging. They may trick people who don't fill them up right away and then later on they will think something else is wrong but the card is fake. These sellers have pumped their account full of fake positive reviews by buying things from their own account and then writing a review. Ebay isn't doing crap to stop this unless you go way, way, way out of your way to get them to report one instance. If you get ripped off, I hope you're prepared to spend 500 hours trying to maybe get the situation fixed with ebay.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Motorola XT1100 XT1103 Google Nexus 6 LCD Screen Display Digitizer - I purchased this item (item number: 131460236840) a month ago from ebay because my phone was shattered and I needed it badly. It says it was delivered a few days after, but I never received the package. I checked with USPS (the carrier) multiple times but they didn't have it either. So I contacted the seller and explained what happened and asked for a refund or resend, after a couple days they responded that it's a decision of ebay. Ebay denied it and did not take any responsibility although they "claim" they have "eBay Money Back Guarantee". I was so angry with how they reacted, I was treated like I'm lying and the fault is on me!!! This was a 100$ purchase (99.98$ when I bought it), it's not something I can ignore because it's not a cheap purchase for a student and I needed this item.

I tried to leave this feedback for the seller (usmobileparts) on ebay but it says there are no sellers I can write a review for! I also tried to leave a feedback but THEY REMOVED MY FEEDBACK! THIS WHOLE THING IS SO RIDICULOUS AND FRUSTRATING AND STINKS OF FRAUD AND DISRESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER. They have even made the item more expensive since I purchased it. I don't trust this seller at all and I don't trust ebay anymore. The same thing happened with Amazon once and refunded me immediately with no question or debate, that's how they respect their customers. This was my first and last purchase from ebay, I don't need another terrible experience!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I bought a glassy protector for my previous tablet a few months ago. Unfortunately it didn't arrived until my tablet's screen broke! I asked about that and eBay told me you can keep that protector free! But I lose my tablet at that time and I didn't need that protector more! After about 2 months later I found the protector in my mailbox that it was broken!!! I decided to never buy again from eBay but unfortunately I forgot the promise that I made with myself! I bought a CISS ink bank for printer and also 4 colors ink for my printer again in eBay. This time they arrived soon. When my printer's inks finished I decided to use that inks and CISS.

I filled the CISS with inks and when I tried to install it to my printer I found that it's not match to my printer! I remember that in previous time I lose my tablet and eBay just told me the 3 dollars protector is free! In this time I thought if I tell them again I will get a same answer again! E-bay is not good forever. I'm not satisfy of this garbage seller forever! I'll tell this experience everywhere every time for all the people that I know. I will keep this package forever to show everybody that I know. E-bay is a real garbage seller. A very wonderful event after all is that after I left my feedback of my dissatisfaction about that CISS, I checked about my opinion but I saw there were just satisfied opinions! It shows that eBay do the way intentional and it's a big liar! I won't turn it back even with 15$ discount. I cried about that behavior and I will save these packages to show all the people the behavior of this business!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Never received the product neither the refund; lost $48.25. I ordered some medical stuff from China through EBAY... the product never arrived; I received a message that they would try again to send it... did not get through. Today I just received an email from eBay that my case was closed... period. I cannot even contact the customer service because the item # does not show up anymore and it is mandatory to contact customer service. Never had a problem with Amazon. Will never ever use EBAY again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I bought this eyeshadow palette from this seller and in 24 hours, this seller cancelled my order and I am still waiting for my refund!?? I opened up a case with eBay to no avail. ** customer service, lots of telling me call back on "this date or that date." Shady AF!! DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

When shopping eBay, you are shown the product, and the lowest price for one item. When you go to the page to make the order, the lowest price is for something completely different, and always a much higher price for the item you thought you were gong to get in the first place. This wastes your time and pisses you off. How can we stop them from doing this!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I bought LG G Pro 2 smartphone. After 8 months phone stop working... issues with sim card reader. Phone still in warranty period but seller said "how come it gets faulty when using it for long?" It seems the seller doesn't want to honor the phone warranty. The seller stops communicating with me. I sent report to eBay regarding seller's fraudulent behaviour.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

When item purchased was not received, I went through the proper channels of filing a case with eBay. I sent eBay a police report; a USPS theft report; documentation that I was not at home when the package was supposedly delivered. I followed all the eBay directions, and was told no refund; no explanation; just no refund. An eBay employee told me to say I received the package but nothing was inside; also sent me an email telling me that was the way eBay could help me. I refused to file a false report. I spoke with managers and was told there was nothing they could do. The eBay money back guarantee was not worth the paper it was written on. Will never ever use eBay or Paypal again; will share story with everyone I can using any means available. Will file report with State of California.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The product was not as it was advertised... I was not able to return nor refundable... I was so disappointed and would never use this application again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

It makes me so upset to think that eBay gives false hope to letting sellers know that sellers are "protected" when selling on eBay. I've been selling on eBay for many years. I sold a MacBook air and shipped it out to the buyer who is located in Alabama. I shipped it with tracking and signature confirmation and although it's not mandatory for sellers to purchase additional insurance for the seller, I shipped it out anyways. Fast forward 2 weeks later, buyer opens a request requesting refund because it was never delivered. Tracking shows that it's just delayed, not lost. After immense investigation calling the buyer's USPS and distribution facility, USPS thinks the most logical explanation is that the label was somehow altered enough that the shipping address is unreadable. For packages with damaged labels, packages will be sent to another facility to be sorted out and it can take anywhere from 90-120 days to find it but that's not even guaranteed.

It's not the seller or buyer's fault but eBay immediately sided with the buyer and gave the full refund of almost $600 back to the buyer without even suggesting that the buyer wait it out a bit longer (because the package can actually be delayed). Then suggest to me that if for any reason the item gets delivered later, I can request the buyer to give me back the funds or return the MacBook. How incredibly STUPID of eBay to think that any person out there would give back the money if they basically received a free MacBook!!! I'm so turned off at how eBay's "escalation specialist" handled this situation.

Things I learned from eBay: Never ship to anyone living in rural Alabama. This buyer probably lives in some disgusting swamp and has a bad address. No wonder USPS says the package is delayed because they probably can't figure out which craphole you live in. eBay "escalation specialists" should probably figure out a different title for their career. You don't even do the BARE MINIMUM and just give back refunds to the buyer without even considering the seller's situation. I will be closing my eBay account after all these years of selling because I'm disgusted at their seller "protection" policy and will tell everyone what a horrific experience this was. Bye Felicia.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I'm not a fan of eBay but sometimes it's the best bargain in town. I had a bad first experience but I gave it another try. Just be careful with whom you do business with and guarantees.

eBay Company Information