eBay
3.60/5
Based on 4,353 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

eBay

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

eBay Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I would like to start off my review stating that I've ordered items many times and I've always been pleased with the results. One time I had a t-shirt that was a little too small, but the customer service and company it came from both solved my problem. I have never other than that 1 time had a problem with either my orders, getting ahold of customer service, or had a bad customer service experience. I think eBay is a great legitimate company that works to keep its customers, treat their customers well, and do their best to keep customers happy and coming back. It's one of the few who do that in online shopping. I also have another favorite but now is not the time to review it. I'm very pleased with eBay and I will continue to order merchandise from them far into the future.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The automated system sucks, sorry eBay. The system never hears me correctly nor does it understand complex issues like the one I had. Tip for future callers: Say, "I want to speak with a representative" and if you're lucky, the system will recognize what you said and pass you through. Now, I spoke with a great woman named Tanya from Texas. She creatively resolved my problem and was enthusiastic while doing so. Easily the best customer service representative I've come in contact with. Great charisma, she deserves a raise. -Jake

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been doing business with eBay for 20 years?! Overseas and within my own country (USA) I have been both a seller and customer. I have been both upset and satisfied with selling and buying. Honestly more satisfied than unhappy! I will never cheat on eBay with Amazon or any other "big market" site (well wish.com here and there????). But overall I don't think anyone would ever completely understand how much we have saved over all these years, literally we have probably saved by now hundreds if not thousands and thousands of dollars using eBay! eBay has been NUMBER ONE 1, financially, logically even mentally and physically, it has benefited us more positively than any other marketplace online and I will never go against my own review of eBay regardless of a couple crummy sellers who managed to squeeze through the terms' rules and regulations, ended up selling a knockoff brand, or going against another similar policy or such, etc...

Nothing like that can tarnish our ideas about how fantastic eBay is and has always been for us! The world isn't perfect. It's flawed so much more than eBay if you REALLY REALLY think about it in comparison to a few ideas leaning in favor of seller or buyer, like the scheme; "money back guarantee" (understandably not fair for sellers). BUT honestly think about HOW much MORE you gained from eBay than lost!! I'm almost positive that there are more success stories than fails, in all 20 (?) Years eBay has been around working for YOU. Come on. You all know you've SAVED money and/or gained with eBay than lost. You all know I'm right!??? Let your Prejudiced thoughts or jealousies go, come on people. Just admit how much we love eBay. Come on. Cooommmme onnnnn???? ** Okay anyways we "heart" eBay!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've been on eBay for 19 years as a buyer and seller and have tipped the scales between the two frequently. :) People are always quick to leave bad feedback for eBay... and I'm sure there were times in the past that I would have too. HOWEVER, they have improved by leaps and bounds on customer service and support. The support staff is knowledgeable and has been trained very well. In past years they would route their CS support via India and I had trouble understanding thru heavy accents. This is no longer the case. After having more options as a seller available, I can say that I appreciate eBay more than in the past. Ebay versus Tradesy: eBay is the winner (faster payouts, better customer service and broader audience). Ebay versus Poshmark: too different to compare. Give eBay another chance. I did and the benefits are real.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

An issue where a buyer made a false complaint and wanted to return the item and when I received it noted that several items had been taken away from it, which put me at risk of losing a considerable amount. eBay heard and understood my frustration and after conducting their investigation concluded with me not having the end result be taking a loss. I appreciated their genuine care as this is normally lost with a company as large as eBay. But if everyone handled their business this way the world would be a much more pleasant place... A small but happy fish in the sea of eBay users...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

As a long time buyer and seller with eBay, I have gone through the past 24 years with mostly fantastic results. That is until 2018. For the past 2+ years, eBay's policies, greed and constant shift away from a selling platform has frustrated me beyond measure. Let me say this, as a person who has purchased far more (tens of thousands) than sold or listed, I have witnessed the absolute ignorance of a ONCE GREAT COMPANY, fall to nothing but liberalism and doltish changes catering to not only the buyer but to China. The proof is objective so this isn't a matter for debate. Ebay has finally and forever, cooked their goose with me. I'm finished. I'm sick and tired. I'm frustrated beyond belief and I'm DONE!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I bought medicine and they charged me tax!!. There is no tax on medication but the reps refuse to refund me. I also bought cosmetic creams that are fake. I have been using Kiehl's my entire life and I bought it from eBay. It doesn't come sealed as it should. The color and texture very different. Stay away!!!! We don't know what we are putting on our skin. There should be a regulatory agency to check on them all the time.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This is not so much a review of eBay but the awful Customer Services. My Son bought an item but didn't have his PayPal password so he paid by debit card. The item was 'fake' and returned for a refund without the tags (if it's fake why the need for tags?). Because of this the seller refunded 50%. I complained but eBay (wrongly in their own admittance after Trading Standards got involved) upheld the sellers decision. Since Trading Standards have been involved they have agreed to pay but blame my Son for not having a 'verified' PayPal account to refund to. He does! On phoning Paypal (at eBay's request) this was confirmed.

After threatening them legally they now condescend to making a manual payment as a gesture of goodwill and blame my Son again! It took 2 days to take the money from the bank; it's taken 6 weeks and it's still not back! Use eBay at your peril but don't bother with Customer Services....they are useless and hide behind Utah Laws!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Have an issue with the gift cards I bought at a local store. When I went to use them they told me my money was linked to another account. Funny since I have the receipt, cards and activation slip. Called eBay within two hours of buying the cards, they said someone would get back to me in the next 24-48 hours. Three days later I called back trying to find out what is going on, again they will call back in the next 24-48 hours. Now a week later I call eBay back and they have me send proof of receipt, eBay card and activation slip. So I did. They finally sent me a email stating they are not responsible for the cards - yet it shows them who used them, but will not give me that information. $270 gone but hey they got paid by someone with my money so who really cares, not eBay. Fraudulent company in my eyes and no this is not the first and only issue I’ve had with them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I contacted customer service in regards to account. Responses were not helpful and the company just kept giving me the runaround! Never resolved problem and wouldn’t recommend association with this company!

eBay Company Information