eBay

eBay

3.7/5 (818 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I like to order on Ebay, to save instead of paying far more on other websites like Amazon. But my experience with Ebay was not all that well yesterday. I ordered an item. AND when I found a better purchase, I was not able to cancel, only a few hours afterwards!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Ebay does not inform its customers that the packages it sends are uninsured by USPS. I had a $350 item I was selling lost by the USPS, and I filed a claim with eBay to dispute the loss, saying it's their responsibility to absorb the loss not mine. Not only are they refusing, they are still charging me a $55 transaction fee on top for funds I never received. THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE SCUM!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

eBay and UKDEALS, a seller on eBay are criminals. I ordered three products from UKDeals on eBay. They claimed the carrier could not find my address! Amazon delivers to my doorstep a few times a week, UPS, FEDEX, USPS somehow can locate me, but UKDeals says they couldn't locate my address? As a result they refunded one of the three orders. They refunded the one for $25 and kept my money for the one that was greater than $50.

I escalated this at eBay and within an hour eBay found for the Seller with absolutely NO explanation at all. WHY, because eBay makes a lot more money from UKDeals than it does from me! BOYCOTT eBAY until they are reminded that they are there for the consumer and their Buyers Guarantee is a complete lie until they remember who is ultimately funding their vacation homes!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

We have been dealing with this for several months. Our account was suspended for no payment. Someone got in and sold some product under our account, not sure how, then Ebay said they will reinstate the account once we pay the fees. I explained, those were not our products nor did we receive any moneys from eBay. I must have been transferred today five times.

Now I've been transferred to another department, they never say what department it is. Still waiting....someone else got on the line, she came on the and said how can she help me....I said, "Are you not reading what I have been going through for the last 25 minutes", "Please hold...." and she said she can take care of the problem, she will have the charges removed and account reinstated....Waiting....Now she said it was all taken care of and to change our password. Unfortunately for Ebay, we have made up our minds that we will no longer be selling through eBay. I guess it's time to try out Etsy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I had a high dollar putter I wanted to sell. After not selling at a fixed price, even with "Offers" available I started an auction. I started at one cent but put a $600.00 reserve. When I posted it the $600.00 reserve was very visible next to the bid box. I felt it might scare people away so I tried to edit this out. In the past I could edit the auction after it started. I had to end that auction so it was there for only a few minutes. I re-did the auction without the reserve. eBay charged me $55.00 for the reserve so I called them. They promised not to post that but the next day they did! Then, after the auction ended they charged me another $60.00 for unexplained costs??? That's a total of over $115.00! I tried to close my account but eBay keeps open for as long as they want. Warning, stay away from eBay.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Order five times in total since June 2022. All were carefully designed fake items that have been confirmed by eBay.ca. I just requested all return. Then my account in ebay.ca has been suspended for "Filing excessive returns", as if I should just take some fake items not file all returns. Suspended my account with no good reason, which has led to a result that I has been no longer covered under the embg program and buyer rights commitment guaranteed by ebay.ca when you set up ebay.ca account. This suspension let the cheating seller(s), kaja_2888, actually took the advantage of keep my money paid for its fake items. Order number: **. Item ID: **. Received Fake Items 2 times from the seller, kaja_2888 in my total 5 times orders, need refund. eBay should responsible for the refund as ebay suspended my account no any legitimate reason but "Filing excessive returns".

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

My experience with this website has been extremely infuriating. Never have I felt so fooled by a company. I thought since ebay has such a big name and commonly used to sell and purchase that I would give it a try and sell some of my books. Not only did they not list my product but were also extremely unhelpful and difficult to get in contact with. Moreover, after I finally got ahold of them, they suspended my account and I no longer have access. Words cannot express my extreme disappointment with this company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I bought a touch screen music player for close to $200 well when I received it it didn't even cut on. It was just a sitting chunk of metal that never worked. When I contact the people they would never respond back to me and then eBay said my time was up and that was it. They never would contact me back I've tried getting a hold of anybody every way I can and they just don't care.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Sold an item. It was destroyed in shipping. Seller canceled payment with credit card and took the payment back. Now ebay wants to charge me over 1400 because of the return. They have been very difficult to deal with in regard to the whole issue with customer service techs that cant speak English.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I purchased an item that was counterfeit not knowing it was counterfeit. When I submitted a return there was no guidance on how to submit a return for a counterfeit items. So I submitted the return under remorse, and because I did so, eBay didn't want to help me when I discovered that I would have to pay the shipping charges for the return, which cost more than the item itself. They essentially protected a seller that was selling fraudulent items over their customer, and justified it by using the return option that was selected as the reason, as if that was more important than the actual injustice. I will never use Ebay again, as they are protecting scammers enabling them to continue these unlawful practices. Crazy! Sticking with Amazon, never had this type of issue with them.

eBay Company Information