eBay

eBay

3.8/5 (4212 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Ebay are disgusting. Ebay are disgusting. I was promised in writing that I would be paid on delivery, I then proceeded to sell items based on this information I received IN WRITING to find out my money is being held for 30 days. I only sold the items because I needed the immediate funds. I was then promised in writing that the funds had been manually released (By three team leaders) also verbally, in two calls which I recorded for evidence. The next day a general staff member said "I apologize for the wrong advice my colleague gave you yesterday, we are holding your funds for 30 days." THE BUYER WAS MORE THAN HAPPY, LEFT EXCELLENT FEEDBACK DETAILING ITEM TO BE AS DESCRIBED, PACKAGING EXCELLENT, ETC. There is no issue with the buyer, he is great and we have been in communication about how badly eBay has treated this situation. The buyer is off eBay over this too!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I was told after I sold my item that I would have to prove my identity and my banking account statement, which I uploaded several times before it went through, account manager contacted me by phone to confirm everything looked good, 24 hours later eBay suspended my account indefinitely and told me I violated selling practices that are suspicious and I can't even call them, I've been a customer for years on ebay and I feel it's ridiculous how I can't even get paid until 70 days and all the aggravation This company caused me.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I was a seller on eBay. I listed an item in that eBay required banking information. They needed an account number along with the R&T number. They stated that this was needed in order to get paid. The item sold and the buyer paid eBay. I was unable to ship the item because of its unique shape and size. The buyer asked eBay for a refund. At no time were the buyer's funds transferred to my account. eBay refunded the buyer their funds which eBay claimed were on hold. Then eBay debited my account for the refund. In reviewing the transaction, there were no funds on hold. eBay basically stole hundreds of dollars from me. They force closed my account and refused to talk with me. I am now taking legal action against them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I’m selling a bunch of stuff for a friend who recently lost her son AND her mother. Selling her mom’s beloved items. I was SHOCKED to find out that eBay is charging fees on SHIPPING, which the seller makes no money on. It’s absolutely disgusting because an item I shipped was large and heavy, so shipping was almost as expensive as the item itself. So on a $29 sale, they took out $7 in fees!! I can’t figure out why people continue selling on eBay considering these totally unfair fees. It’s just creepy.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Buyer asked for the product code to be shipped digitally, and I obliged. 3 months later, they indicated it was not their charge, and even with the messages and proof of delivery, eBay withdrew the money.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Now, I have been using eBay since day one, I've bought thousands of items and also sold thousands of items. Now they have changed the payment method, you are forced to use your bank account as PayPal isn't an option any longer. I added my bank account, verified my account, I sold an item, shipped it within 24 hours, the seller received it, and after they received it I receive an email stating that that my payouts are on hold until further review for 5 days to see if they need further information. The whole point of selling something is to be paid right away after selling the item, or I can understand holding payment until buyer receives item, but this is horrible.

Then I call customer service and speak to a rude representative who I barely understood, very thick accent, I have spoken with their customer service before and have spoken to people who had thick accents, but his was by far the worst and it makes it worse when you have to say "I'm sorry can you repeat that, or I'm sorry I really don't understand what you are saying". It's makes it even more frustrating and I'm sure makes the representative feel bad as well.

So I sold my item a week ago, the buyer received the item 4 days ago and I will not be getting my payment for two weeks! How does that make sense? Then to have customer service not really know much, and then you have to wait for the representative to finish reading the wrong information from a computer screen! Tells me it's on hold because the account wasn't verified, when it was verified before I even sold the item, I told him I have the email of verification as proof, then he starts to read off something else that was already done! This is not the first time I've had bad service, not the first time I've been given the wrong information from their reps! How can a company truly not care for their sellers? I will never understand, and I will never sell anything ever again on eBay!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have had eBay for 12 years and Paypal almost as many. One day I received a notice that Paypal had debited my bank account for an ebay transaction. In eBay I have no invoice to match the transaction. They tell me it was a guest account and that I must get the money back from Paypal. Paypal in turn tells me that since eBay delivered the package I must get the money back from them. eBay in turn tells me that I must approach Paypal. No one tells me what the product was that was delivered to another country. This is far too loose to be trustworthy. I am closing both accounts due to this risk.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

They flagged my account and suspended it for no reason, I had not even gotten to actually post an item. Then when I reach out about it, 90% of the agents tell me they can't give me a reason for the suspension or help me and end the conversation. The 10% of the people that can help me are impossible to get in touch with because the other 90% are so useless and cannot do their jobs. The absolute worst customer care I have ever had. I myself work in customer care and am usually the one to give the benefit of the doubt but wow. This is beyond bad service.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Someone in the UK bought my item. I'm in the US. She ordered the wrong color and tried to return the item. Per the e-Bay policies, e-bay rejected her request. Having no recourse through e-bay, she filed a dispute with her bank. She lied to the bank that the item does not match the description because if she just says she didn't read the description, not even the bank would take her case. E-bay refunded her because according to them "the bank ruled against them." They then left the item with her and tried to charge me the money plus a $20 dispute resolution fee. Well I did nothing wrong. There was no defect in my listing. E-bay tried to charge my bank but I called the bank and told them the ACH is not authorized so the bank reversed it.

I then went on e-bay web site and deleted all payment methods and since I cannot delete the checking account, I just put a bogus one. They are now sending me messages that I need to pay them. Dispute resolution appears to be in India and they are just giving canned responses. At some point I asked them if I'm talking to a real person or if this is an automated AI (artificial intelligence) system. Bottom line is that e-bay has become a sad operation for both buyers and sellers. After using ebay for over 20 years, regretfully, this experience ends it. They are welcome to suspend my account as I no longer need it!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Seriously, sold a few items and paid for shipping through them. For some reason, they did not remove funds for the shipping charges. Weeks later I receive an email they are going to pull the funds out of my account, which I knew. Question is why not take it off the top and avoid multiple transactions.

eBay Company Information