eBay

eBay

3.6/5 (641 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: May 19, 2022

I'm submitting this complaint against eBay to the New York State Atty. Gen.'s office, for their review. eBay is falsely charging customers fees that are not valid. I sold an item, and the customer informed me that he would not accept the product. I immediately told FedEx to return the product to me and that the customer threatened to refuse the shipment. FedEx told me there would be no shipping charge incurred because the product was never delivered. eBay still charged me $43. I had a pair of headphones selling on eBay that was purchased for $745. Because of these ongoing issues, I decided to no longer use eBay and authorized eBay to refund the entire $745 to the customer held in my eBay account.

eBay is now charging me $100 because they told me there was a final value fee chargeback. I did not cancel the transaction because they required me to attach my bank account to their payment system to cancel the transaction with no final value fees. There was no reason to attach my bank account because the funds were already in eBay's payment system. That would've been ludicrous to link my bank account, considering the ongoing issues with false charges. They could have withdrawn any amount at their discretion.

Additionally, I'm tired of customers fraudulently labeling a used product as new. EBay's category system that labels things as new, new-other, or open-box is deceptive. Most people would assume an open box was a demo product and would be covered by a warranty. For the most part, the Open-box category is used products with no warranty. I've purchased products classified as new that was clearly used when received. I think eBay needs to be regulated because the amount of fraud on the platform is enormous.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Purchased a $240 pair of Air Max 90 brand new. Waited patiently for them to come in the mail. When they arrived I checked them out and they were damaged from the inside. Unwearable. Contacted eBay’s solution team, no help. They told me to sell it back on eBay. It was no returns. It was a final sale. How can someone Non-new shoes for $240 and get away with it. EBay said they can know no help from them. If you get Frauded from a post Report the bogus sale to your bank they will fight for you because eBay won’t!!!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2022

This is an overall review of eBay 'service.' Just about every time I ordered off eBay, it takes so long to get what you've ordered, and lots of times, the sellers keep moving the date of arrival up to a later date. When I buy, I expect it on the date it said. This is why I try to avoid eBay altogether whenever I can. I was supposed to receive a Ferro rod yesterday, and it wasn't even in transit yet!!! This makes me go ballistic! I ordered this on the 4th, it's now the 12th and they've moved the doa to the 14th!! Urrrgggg.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Not happy. These people sent me a coconut oil hair product in a bottle with a very small leak which is not evident at first, until you pick up the bottle and it's there. I thought it was dripping down the side after pumping but now I've discovered it's a leak. Makes a HUGE MESS in the cabinet or on the counter. Where is quality control? Every other product I order from eBay is defective nowadays. Sick of it.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Unsure as to how this company still in business. I used to love eBay and bought and sold on it years ago. This company has lost every bit of its business ethic. Woke up to find out that my account was suspended for no reason and they removed my listings. Impossible to get anybody to help and they couldn’t tell me why. No customer service. Zero help. Beware. Do not use eBay anymore.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I have been a customer of eBay for many years, buying and selling. Recently I listed an item for sale, sold it and was waiting for payment. The purchaser sent the money and I assumed that it was going thru PayPal. eBay confirmed they received payment, then advised me that until I send them my bank account number, they will not pay me. Very surprised I tried to contact them, finally someone called me back, they said they no longer used PayPal and that my bank account is the ONLY option for them to be able to pay me. No credit card or check or even a credit could be sent without my bank account number.

It has been over 45 days and still nothing. Today I received an email stating "Your eBay account has been restricted" but from a no-reply account. Very poor business practice, I should have been notified prior to listing the item, so I could make an informed decision to continue to use them or not. Still no resolution, they still have my money. I will NOT give them my bank account number.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I bought and ultimately returned a brand new Samsung Galaxy Ultra S22 cell phone, to the tune of $1,163. At first, I thought I was having difficulty with the seller, but it turned out to be a huge misunderstanding. In the meantime, I turned to Ebay for assistance. The girl opened up a case for me in order for Ebay to step in. Now, they are holding my refund money hostage because they are claiming they can't get a hold of the seller to verify the receipt of the property. If they bothered to look into the messages on both our accounts, they would see there is no problem. I know the seller is available because I just recently made contact with no trouble. The communication that has taken place with Ebay was initiated by me, despite the promise they make to contact me within 48 hours. That time has come and gone. I want my money back. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH EBAY. I learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: April 24, 2022

I ordered a sword and the store received pay but never shipped item. I petitioned the store then eBay when I got no response. eBay just replies, "We don't care. Basically we won't help you. we take no responsibility for the people selling on our site..." Pure **

Original review: April 18, 2022

EBAY has had a huge sum of my money in their account for over a month, without sending me any of the amount that they owe me, I have spoken to their customer service centre for over a month now and all they keep saying is "...your account has restrictions on it and we will get to it soon!!" You cannot speak to a supervisor ever. Please be wary of them.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have been selling on eBay for quite some time and have dealt with the multiple fraudulent purchases thrown my way. This last one was for a laptop and the buyer reported that his account was hacked after I shipped the item. After shipping the item I lost full control on the shipment since eBay technically shipped the item and was waiting for their review to know what to do. They finally were able to route it back to me but while it was en route, they decided to put holds on all my sales and restrict my account to where I can't sell anything. All listings have been removed and there is no way to contact them other than email with a response saying they will review my email within 24-48 hours.

It would have been nice to actually speak to someone or maybe have a live person review it beforehand because they would have seen that I have been in constant contact with the original buyer and was just waiting to get the item back in my hands before issuing the refund. eBay totally overstepped on this in my opinion since I am now completely disabled on their platform and have no source of income until they decide they want to review it.

eBay Company Information