2.08/5
Based on 490 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

4088 eBay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased a computer from eBay and delivered to me a semi-destroyed due to an excessively poor made package by the seller. I immediately contacted him and asked for a refund. Negative feedback also applied for the information of the rest consumers. Language was not bad at all. The buyer then called eBay and asked for feedback removal. eBay removed the feedback without asking me further evidence of the case.

I received a report from UPS courier that confirms the full responsibility of the seller. I forward it to eBay with no luck. I received generic and abstract replies about eBay policy. They ignored the true fact of the case that seller is responsible for the destroyed item and hid that important information for future buyers. What I figured out is that eBay policy is made in such a way to preserve a-close-to-100% positive feedback for the sellers so as for the eBay to look attractive. So be careful. When you see 100% feedback that is possible not the true feedback of the seller as eBay is seem to manipulate feedbacks with its Policy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have come to the conclusion eBay ignores its account holders that commit fraud against merchants selling on eBay. We were the victims of fraud with a buyer. An investigation revealed this same eBay buyer had committed fraud against other eBay merchants using the exact same scam, yet eBay allowed the buyer's account to remain open. We received a return back from this buyer who falsely claimed the item was not genuine. This buyer had purchased from us before with no complaints. We have a 100% eBay feedback score. Anyway, the return was opened in front of a U.S. Postmaster. The return package contained two blocks of wood only, and not the 4 products we shipped to this buyer.

The U.S. Postmaster filed a report of "U.S. Mail fraud" to the U.S. Postal Inspectors office which is a felony crime. There is now an arrest warrant out for this buyer. I sent all this information with documentation to eBay, and PayPal on July 13, 2018. PayPal finally refunded our money after legal action was threatened, as PayPal could not dispute the evidence. However, that same buyer is still operating on eBay, as well as PayPal. I have written to eBay about this buyer still operating on eBay. I get nothing but scripted emails back, telling me to rest assured they will take action against the buyer. I don't believe it.

If you have a PayPal account cancel it, and use your merchant account. If you don't have a merchant account, get one. PayPal is a joke, and their "seller protection" is a fraud. There is no "seller protection" with PayPal. PayPal will reverse an eBay claim, and will refund the buyer money from your account before you receive the sold products back. THAT IS ILLEGAL. Neither PayPal, or eBay can take your money for a refund without you receiving back the product the refund was issued for. It is obvious that neither eBay, or PayPal could care less about merchants being cheated on their websites.

If you have a "merchant account" they will honor your return policy, and protect you unlike eBay, or PayPal. That includes "buyer's remorse" returns. Neither eBay, nor PayPal have the legal right to void your return policy using "eBay/ PayPal user agreement". Excuses. That is called interfering with a contractual relationship in law. I am now in the process of reporting this conduct to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, as well as the Florida Secretary of State which regulates eBay, and PayPal doing business in the State of Florida where we are located. Those regulatory agencies will take a very dim view of this type of conduct. Neither eBay, or PayPal have any right to expose their customers to fraud they have been made aware of that has occurred (as in this case) on their websites. There are laws against this type of conduct.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I ordered a set of interchangeable earrings from the seller Kathy ** mid-July. I contacted I received a necklace that I did not order (no earrings) So I called eBay. On the 24th of July finally got a RMA. On the 25th (8 days after) and one day after I was hospitalized because the increase in my chemo was causing a bad reaction, I have leukemia. I called eBay on the 24th just before being taken. I called them again on the 1st of July because I got home from the hospital in the evening 31st.

I contacted the seller numerous times as well and mailed out the return necklace that I had not ordered on the 1st and contacted eBay again and several times over next week. NOTHING was said by any eBay rep that I was one day over their "policy". I explained over and over I was in the hospital. Yesterday 8-12-18 eBay refused to assist me, and the seller fuzilli1 2387/Kathy ** never sent the earrings that I paid for in good faith, in mid-July. Even though she sent the wrong item and I returned it. I contacted seller/Kathy ** from New Jersey via Facebook Messenger yesterday and she still did not reply. I would never tell anyone to use this service or eBay or her. No consideration for the buyers or the money paid in good faith. Tomorrow Monday I am contacting the AG of the state. Federal consumer law supersedes any 5 day policy and protects buyers under the "Non-conforming goods."

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We've spent over $100,000 on eBay over the years, but recently eBay has been cheating us and falsely advertising to us more and more. For example, a recent purchase of an item needed to be returned, because the seller falsely advertised the item as new, but we received in extremely used condition and non-functioning. After spending many hours emailing the seller with our willingness to repair the item at our expense in time and labor, seller eventually asked us to pay more for an "upgraded" model and the seller unable to help repair the defective used item falsely advertised as new. eBay sent us emails stating we would receive a full refund, but we never did. We called eBay several times about the refund, spoke with several people. Some names we can't remember, but one person was named Jackie and another was named Chrisell. Chrisell promised we would receive the refund, but never did.

After some time, we called back asking for Chrisell, but of course Jackie said we cannot speak with her, but Chrisell would call us back. We never received another call from eBay and now we are writing this review. We wasted a lot of livelihood and our money on eBay, but now we will never buy anything from eBay again. We stated to Jackie and Chrisell we would not buy anything from eBay until we get the full refund we were told we would after getting duped by a fraud seller.

eBay seems to now be run and operated by a real crook, because we don't blame the Filipino employees fielding our calls. We blame management and the president of eBay, John Joseph Donahoe II, who is by his public record a financial crook, part of the Mitt Romney too big to fail financial bankster industry. Well you can get your handouts and bailouts from someone else, because you're not getting any more of our business John and we will remember how you cheated us and forever Ebay, Mitt Romney and Bain and Capital will be synonymous with low life, dirtbag, cheating, thieving, lying filth.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had only been selling on eBay for approximately one month. I put a plasma cutter up for sale. The guy paid for it and then when he received it claimed that the plug was bad so instead of getting in touch with me which I had informed him that I placed insurance on the box for shipping. He decided on his own that he would replaced the plug. When he did this he voided my warranty on the plasma cutter. eBay got involved many messages later. eBAy is forcing me to take back the machine even though the buyer had altered the machine (which voided my warranty) and to take and refund his money which by the way a hold was placed on it on PayPal.

I talked to several agents at ebay. All insist that it should of been ruled in my favor but because I accepted the return (which I didn't ) I must now suffer with this and there is nothing they can do. eBay is a joke. They don't stand behind their own policy. IF a buyer alters the machine the money back guarantee is voided. Not in this case. eBay knows he alter the machine. The buyer stated it many times in the messages. Do yourself a favor. Don't sell on eBay. They are the worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been an eBay seller for just two months, but became a "Power Seller" within the first 5 weeks of selling on eBay. I have been extremely diligent and conscientious with my listings, and processing of orders. Two weeks ago, I began receiving threatening messages from a 2000 sale+ seller who sells items similar to my own. This seller threatened me, demanding I delist numerous items (which happen to be same brand and category as their own) or I would be reported to eBay for "seller violations". After I received a third message from this seller, I responded by saying I wasn't violating any eBay policy and to please stop messaging me. They sent me another message saying, "That's okay, I've already reported you. First your selling privileges will be suspended for 7 days..." I then blocked their ability to message me.

That same evening, I receive a message from eBay that two of my items have been delisted for TM infringement. I leave a message for eBay to call me about this. The next day I receive another message from eBay saying they had delisted an item for same reason. I called again. I spoke with an eBay agent who listened patiently but essentially seemed powerless to act upon my call. The next day I receive a message from eBay saying my selling privileges had been suspended for 7 days for the same violation. That was 5 days ago. I have no doubt that in two days, when my account privileges have been restored, the competitive seller will proceed to get my account suspended for 30 days.

I believe this seller acts as a Vero (verified owner's rights) agent as a means to eliminate their competition. Based on what I've been reading, eBay is fully aware of this conflict and does nothing to support or protect their sellers. There is no genuine appeal process nor is there an actual need by the reporting Vero agent to prove their claim. I believe that this arbitrary and haphazard process by eBay violates my First Sale Doctrine Resale rights, and unjustly damages my reputation as a seller.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Sold a brand new iPhone 7 Plus on eBay one month ago, multiple people bid. Eventually it was sold for $585 to Lico_58. They used a fake eBay message with fake eBay images to say that the item was sold and needed to be shipped. I shipped it, then realized the item was never actually paid for. I have been dealing for one month messaging the person who has continued to scam and send fake PayPal emails. Now saying I need to pay them $400 to a Western Mutual account before they will release the funds.

I spent three weeks with eBay trying to resolve the issue, they issued a refund of the $58 fee they charged me. But they will not take further action to resolve the issue or refund me. So now I am out $585 and a phone. It is extremely hard to get a person on the phone to talk to as they try and automate all of their troubleshooting and help. There is no security on this website. So many times I have sold items and not received payment thus needing to get relist the item. Do yourself a favor and sell in person or using Facebook or another website. After 10+ years I'm fed up with eBay.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

On 8/9/2018 I sold a guitar on eBay and the buyer paid right away. eBay sent me an email telling me that my funds would be held for 21 days. Of course, if I chose to print a shipping label through them it may be a shorter hold time. I did exactly that and had to pay out of pocket for the shipping label. I checked back to my PayPal account on 8/10 and the funds were still on hold per eBay. I had another item on sale and pulled it. I'm about done with this type of rip off. I'm sure there are other more honest auction sites out there.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Bought a really expensive collectible that was supposedly signed by a famous person. The seller was aggressive and acted like I was a scammer which led me to believe his item was fake. So I left a terrible feedback which was my only option or recourse as the seller accepted no returns. eBay removed my feedback without my knowledge. I guess feedback always works in the sellers' favor? What a scam!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Bought Apple Watch series 3. Received timely. Didn't work. Contacted Apple who informed me the watch was stolen. I reported this to eBay over the phone to fraud department who claimed they take these incidents seriously. Ironically my refund was on hold for 4 weeks. When I filled up a month later same seller had feedback showing three more watches were stolen yet eBay allowed them to continue selling them. There are many problems with eBay but this one is pretty bad.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I like to buy paintings from eBay, but I have this book just sitting around, so I said I will sell it... guess what? They hold my fund for 21 days!!! You call them? A guy from India will answer your calls, but CAN'T DO ANYTHING... I requested to speak with a manager, the same thing, CAN'T DO ANYTHING... After spending 1h with them... they told me, "Sorry. You have to wait 21 days"... I told "Can I close my account?" They said "No. We can't do it, you have to wait 21 days!!!" Now I know why Amazon is doing much much much better than this horrible eBay, I hint they will be out of business before 2020. Mark my words.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I sold an item on eBay and used the shipping calculator and printed out shipping for 10.38 but when I went to send package at post office they wanted 20 dollars more than what I sold it for, so I took it to FedEx and they shipped it a lot cheaper. I canceled label. I printed and eBay refunded me. So I got package sent and informed buyer about shipping change. Well buyer let me know by messages that he received item, I was moving at this time so I lost tracking number from FedEx. Informed buyer and he said that’s ok. Well I couldn’t change tracking since I voided the original. My payment was held for 21 days even when buyer confirmed he received item.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Sold a goods through eBay and a buyer return it due to "Missing parts". I found out the buyer sold the missing parts on eBay, and I believe it was what he claimed "missing". I wrote whole story and send it to eBay, who did not step in to arbitrate or penalize the buyer. I lost the value of what I owned and was trying to sell through eBay, and I lost the fees to both eBay and PayPal. Do not use or buy from eBay. That company is criminal. There are so many of victims of eBay. I wish we can bring whole to FTC and file a class action. If somebody does, please let me know first! Again, do not buy or sell using eBay. Go to Amazon!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

NEVER, NEVER buy from eBay! Purchased an item never received it from beauty4y0u, they would not respond to emails, filed a claim with eBay because they promote buyer protection which is bullcrap, I’m so angry! They put my claim on hold for 5 more days because she shipped the item! Well she shipped it July 25, the last tracking info was July 30 and nothing since, it now Aug 4 and there is nothing on tracking since July 30. It’s coming from Babylon NY. I’m in Canton Ga, it 938 miles a 14 hour car ride, do you know how many times I could have driven there and back!

They are a HOAX, keep your money, find what you need elsewhere, I’m not the only horror story! Unless you have money to just give away! eBay is a sham! Supposedly they promote buyer protection, which is crap! This isn’t the first bad experience I’ve had with them, unfortunately I didn’t learn my lesson the first time! But it will never happen again, nor will I let it happen to anyone else if I can help it!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Ebay - doesn't their "no responsibility" clause have limits? eBay has single handedlly destroyed my business. I decided to start an ecommerce business in May of this year. I paid to have a personal website which I eventually wanted to sell from, but obviously the well known sites get way more traffic than my little unknown site. I decided to try selling on eBay. I have had an account with them since 2003 and never had a problem and anyone can sell. In June, I changed my account from a personal to a business account (received an congrats email from EB). Within a couple hours I had 2 offers for one of my units, and decided to buy a store ($5/month) and they sent me a congratulations email for opening the store.

A few hours later, I tried to log in to submit a counter offer for an offer I already would have been willing to accept. For some reason I can't log in. I kept trying and eventually called to find out why? I was told that because of the change of activity, a hacking alert was triggered. So eBay reset my password and removed all my listings as well as my store. I was assured that my account and listings would be restored. *Long story short, my account has been suspended 3x in 6 weeks, I've done nothing wrong (each time, I've called and they've admitted I haven't broken any rules)... Every time there's been an issue, I've called them. I've been on the phone with them so many times, my phone their number as my favorite contact. Each time, I was assured that my store, account, and items disappearing would have no effect on my account. And I responded by letting them know that it absolutely DOES have an effect.

All these unfounded issues cause doubt in the eyes of the people who witness this. These issues make me look shady and unreliable. I have A LOT more, but limited space, so basically, my account has been restricted or suspended 3 times in the 6 weeks I've been selling there, the most recent time being Saturday July 30 of this year (and I was told these cases are reviewed Mon-Fri). I sent a counteroffer to a person who had made an offer, in the middle of that, account restricted. Item unlisted, selling privileges revoked. I have 100% feedback score. The offer I sent was accepted (I got 4 emails asking how they could pay) Mon request more info, yesterday all my emails prior to July 1st disappeared (Sat I had mail through April), then my store disappeared, today I have no account & zero response. I do have screenshots though & I feel harassed & sabotaged. They are very shady, and I am looking to join or initiate a lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Contact their customer service to resolve an issue. They agreed to a resolution and actually email me that they would commit to the resolution. When I called back another customer service rep wouldn't honour it! Unbelievable. After arguing with the rep she insulted me and pretend she couldn't hear but she clearly could and hung up. She then proceeded to call me every 10 minutes and prank call me from the eBay toll free number and did the same to harass me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I purchased a car radio from China. Transaction started smoothly. Radio received and it took a month then when taken to shop for installation they said it was not a working radio. I have tried since May to work with this person (eBay seller bessky_star) and no radio in my car. Last email said she would resend as delivery would be July 25. Nothing.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased an item 6/10/18 that, as of today (8/01/18), I still have not received. I initially contacted the seller on 7/07/18 who stated he/she was traveling and apparently opened a USPS claim as to why my item was not received. The item was to arrive at my location by 6/15/18. I have gone back and forth with the seller several times with excuses to include the opening of a claim by the seller with USPS. The seller's last communication with me said the claim would not be processed until September.

I opened a claim with eBay when I lost communication with the seller on 7/30/18. eBay politely responded "After reviewing your transaction the latest time for you to have filed a case was last July 15, 2018." which may be why the seller was dragging out their part of the deal. I am not happy with eBay. I notified the seller THROUGH eBay of my request for a refund in a fair, yet timely manner.

Today I called PayPal and my payment was refunded by them within 5 minutes of me hanging up the call. PayPal gets 5 stars for their customer support/consumer complaints department and eBay I don't even want to give you one star. As long as you are making money, it seems you don't give a spit. A terrible way to conduct business and I am left feeling that your company is simply about greed. Poorly handled by eBay. And the seller is probably still allowed to conduct business on their site.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have very bad experience buying goods on eBay from China. Recently I purchased four items on eBay from China/Hong Kong and very disappointed. Solar light took over 2 months to arrive. As soon as I purchased it was shipped but never arrived and could not check the status. Cellphone case was the wrong one and had to ask for refund after two months of purchase. Another cellphone case they shipped the wrong one and realized and I asked for money back instead of four months. Screen protector was never shipped. Asked for money back from seller rcbatterycn and they ask for return of goods even I was clear on my email it was never received. Did not receive a cent and lost my money. No help from eBay.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Sold my 1st item on eBay and had the worst experience ever!!! After items was sold my fund were placed on hold. I called eBay for reasoning, was told since it was my 1st sell that fund were placed on hold for the protection of buyer... totally understandable... but was told "not to worry once item was shipped call back with shipping info/tracking and funds will be released within 24 hrs..." Ok, no problem, did that. Once shipped I call back and give the tracking info, she looked it up on FedEx and confirmed the items was in moving and transit. She transferred me to someone the eBay finance dept to release funds. Spoke with Ryan **. he also confirmed item moving and said I would have the funds in my Paypal acct within 24 hrs. Received a confirmation from eBay stating the same.

So 3 day later still no funds. So I called eBay again and asked why hasn't the funds been released. Some new ** tells me I have to wait 21 days. I fricken lost it!!! Spoke with a supervisor and he told me it was now Paypal that was holding my funds and had to speak with them. So again jumped through yet another hoop. Called PayPal and they told me I had to wait 3-4 day AFTER it delivered before I can REQUEST, NOT RECEIVE, REQUEST my funds to be released.

They will then REVIEW and SEE IF they will release funds. WTF??? If the buyer got the goods then don't REVIEW. RELEASE my money!!! I explained what eBay had said and told him I had an email from eBay stating they said 24 hrs. He told me they are wrong and if I'd like he can explain it to them. If I 3-way called them. I told him I didn't know how to that on my phone and would he do it on his end and he said he didn't know how to do that either. WTF??? I got so frustrated I just hung up the phone. :( I understand protecting the buyer but come on, what about the seller??? I WILL NEVER SELL ON EBAY AGAIN and once this is all over and done with I WILL NEVER purchase from eBay as well.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I reported a seller that used a "bait and switch" scam on me this summer and in this way stole $185+. After repeatedly emailing the seller, I reported it to eBay. In my dispute, I did all eBay required, including obtaining a police report and copies of seller emails admitting he did not send one of 2 item while still making me pay for both. Seller then changed his story for eBay and said he shipped both. Although it takes days to complete this process, I did so and carefully submitted all my evidence to a link eBay gave. But eBay claims to have never received it, then said that I did not do it in the given time. I next sent it in an attachment directly to them -- I was just ignored.

In checking into this seller "ourproductsarethebest" I was astonished to find he was very highly rated on eBay -- A+++! But, digging into past reviews shows he had done this same scam over 700+ times before with NO consequences from eBay! For example, he sent some buyers empty boxes and partial shipments to many more. I have reported him to USPS for mail fraud so at least he is now being watched! But, eBay's decision to ignore/drop my dispute only encourages more of this kind of on-line criminal activity and makes disreputable sellers bolder. All sellers and buyers who trust this company and currently use eBay will suffer in the long run. Therefore, I want nothing further to do with such a shameful company that chooses to turn a blind eye to scams. I won't be buying anything else on eBay, have blocked emails and have unsubscribed. I thought I should put this in writing to warn others.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased a gorgeous YSL designer bag back in January of 2018 for a great price and decided to sell it in July of 2018. The buyer got a great price but upon her receipt of the bag, she is adamantly claiming that the is a fake even tho the photos in the initial listing clearly showed the authenticity of the bag and the serial number. She took blurry and barely legible photos, but refused to take a photo of the area where the Authenticity Leather Tag was contained, claiming that it is not even there in the bag at all. I contacted eBay and they stated that I have to accept the return even tho this woman has not proven that the bag is real or not. What are my rights as a seller??? I am obligated to accept the bag even tho she can send me any bag back to me claiming that that is the bag that I sent her.

I have sold at least 4 Chanel bags and a few other authentic designer items over the years and have never had this problem. How are my rights protected as a buyer? This woman is claiming my bag is a fake but is providing no proof that it is fake. She could send me back any back whatsoever and she is protected as a buyer. Be aware of ** on eBay. Clearly she is a fraudulent buyer.

She either decided she didn’t want the bag when we she received it or she wanted to use my bag and send it back after she has used it. I can file a claim against this fraudulent buyer if I get the bag back and it is not in the original condition as I sent it. I will never ever ever use eBay ever again. I am traumatized by this experience and will be seeking legal counsel to figure out my rights in addition to having my bag Authenticated by eBay to provided proof of the authenticity of this designer bag. This experience has been nothing short of a nightmare.

Original review: July 26, 2018

You cannot get an answer on tracking, or release of funds. They have great customer service for informing how to buy or sell, but when the transaction occurs they are nowhere to be found and they each want you to call the other, they accept no responsibility.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We auctioned an item to the winning buyer on an eBay listing: He received the item with delivery confirmation and claimed not receiving the item: eBay sent us an email that the buyer was not entitled to a refund but then withdrew more than $400.00 from our PayPal account and according to PayPal "mistakenly moved the money to the wrong party." We spent close to 20 calls with eBay trying to get our money back into our PayPal account and still no response after more than a week since the auction ended. We were promised the money back into the PayPal within 24-48 hours, and then 7-10 days, and then "there is no definite time frame" for the money to be returned. Customer support then told us to stop calling the support number to get updates. We would never go back to eBay again after this horrid nightmare and financial mess that their system caused.

Original review: July 22, 2018

On July 4th I purchased and paid for a Sentry pool leveler. The next day I receive an email that the item was now unavailable but since I already paid and the item shipped I didnt need to do anything. After 2 weeks of waiting, I contacted eBay only to be told the seller did something wrong and they would open a case. They research and said they was refund my purchase.

My complaint is why did they sent an email saying I didnt need to do anything and the purchase should arrive. They should have canceled the order and refunded it immediately. I passed on a deal on another site because I thought this one was still coming based on the email. eBay is too big and rich for stupid communication and mistakes like this. Very pissed off.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Have had my first experience with eBay Customer Service today. I've been using eBay to buy and sell for over 10 years now. But last week, when placing a order that contained multiple items, in different quantities, eBay have locked my account on account that the computer I was using was not recognized by them. I've called Customer Support, unlocked it, placed the order. A few days after I've found my order to be doubled (every item, in the same quantities, from the same vendors; just as if you would hit the pay button, but instead of your items be taken from your shopping basket and the transaction to be confirmed, nothing happens, so you hit the Buy button again, but now the system registers both Buy button actions so it doubles you order).

Anyway, after talking to a poor English Rep I get a Manager (wow, this is good, surely they should understand my problem); NOPE... The Manager gave me 2 options: Try to get in touch with the seller and ask them to cancel your order, arrange for returns and wait for refund, or sell the extra items yourself. (We will get the sell fees double, not too bad for us!!) They simply refused to accept any responsibility. (A double order has never happened on eBay, so it is not possible, she said!) My advice: Stay away from eBay, plenty of other options out there with less fees for seller anyway. Wish, Facebook market, OLX.

Original review: July 21, 2018 I have been an eBay user for about 16 years and an eBay private seller for the last 4 years. I am not running a business on there, I sell DVDs which I buy to watch and then re-sell them back on eBay just to re-coup some cash as do a great many private sellers. During this time I have had no real complaint about them and have always used them, and Amazon, because I know that if I have a genuine complaint I will get my money back if I buy anything which is faulty.

But what I am extremely furious about is their latest policy change which has left me with a massively increased bill. It started when they suddenly decided to insert a "Make an Offer" button on all my listings (and hundreds of other sellers too).

Usually we were getting special offers of 100 insertions a day free of charge but they then altered this so that it no longer applied unless we accepted this and also accepted auto-relisting of unsold items and "Good till Cancelled" (which meant they stayed on the site until sold). So suddenly items are being auto-relisted at a charge of 35p (about 0.40cents) per time - running up huge bills for people who had no idea this had been applied.

They hid all this behind even more "special offers" claiming "Don't Pay a Penny 'Til You Sell" ! I have now de-coupled my bank accounts and debit cards from PayPal since I no longer trust the integrity and honesty of eBay. I can also see that many sellers who have thousands of items listed on eBay could now be hit with horrendous bills which could cause great financial hardship to them, especially, if like me, their bank accounts are tied to their PayPal account because eBay uses that account to settle their monthly accounts!

Original review: July 19, 2018

No. First let me say that I’ve been on eBay for a couple years and I’ve spent pretty close to over $20,000 now. I did a lot of my purchasing with eBay the gift cards because PayPal has leading a 13-year-old child still hundreds of dollars from me when they refused to look at the evidence. I called it a loss so now all day been dealing with eBay. The exact same thing is starting to happen. They will not give me a refund after using eBay gift cards to make it a purchase dentist this is the seller has canceled the order.

They are saying that I must get my money through PayPal after the wedding. They know that I do not have a PayPal account. They still will not give me my money back so this is extremely wrong and to beware of using eBay the gift cards to make up a purchase. They might as well be up for PayPal gift card because it’s up to PayPal if you get your money back or not. That whole thing with eBay money back guarantee is hey. Sharon do not believe it that’s all the PayPal had to say is that my account was compromised which was a total lie now. I’m out hundred dollars again after spending all that money with eBay. They do not care and don’t think that they keep saying is the contact PayPal which I think is kind of ridiculous because they’re not even together anymore.

Original review: July 18, 2018

It is IMPOSSIBLE to change the shipping address of a purchase right after the order is placed. WHY? Now my choice is to either try to contact the seller to cancel the order or to try to get in contact with delivery address (my old place) and get them to ship it forward. Really? Amazon does not have this issue.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Started an account to sell some household items. One item sold quickly. eBay said since I'm a new seller they need to hold the funds ($119.50) until the item is shipped. Of course I shipped it immediately. Another item was bid up to $203.50 and eBay shut down my account. I called to ask why and have it reinstated. They said it was "a normal procedure" and that they reinstated my account. I went online and none of my items had been reactivated, I have an $11.90 balance due, the money for the shipped item is gone and the bidding on the item which was at $203.50 has to be restarted. I called again (the wait time is substantial) and the customer service rep said my account is still restricted.

As far as I am concerned, eBay has potentially damaged my reputation as a "seller", cost me $119.50 for the shipped item and is trying to steal $11.90 from me. Customer service just said that the $11.90 was for listing items. Those items were unlisted when they restricted two days after I listed them. With a reinstated account, I have to relist each item and pay the listing fee again. Ironically eBay says this procedure is to prevent dishonest transactions. After seeing all the negative reviews, I have a feeling eBay is on the brink of a class-action event. We will see.

eBay Company Information

eBay Motors
www.ebay.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business