3.46/5
Based on 2,306 ratings submitted in the last year

4435 eBay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

I bought a hammock stand, was home at the time of "delivery", never received it. Saw it was supposedly delivered and immediately called FedEx who said they would send the driver out to find it. They never did find it. I opened a case with eBay, told them what was going on, FedEx requires the seller to open a full investigation. Seller said the item was delivered, and eBay closed the case without talking to FedEx. I am out $70. I have been an eBay customer over 5 years. This is insane. I no longer trust them.

Original review: April 24, 2019

eBay lists their 100% guarantee on items they do not cover - actually they bailed on their guarantee even though I was clearly scammed. Dont trust them - they won't help you, just shop on Amazon because it is safer and cheaper in the long run.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I buy everything on eBay from clothes to phones and accessories, and even car parts. We get great deals, fast Shipping, and most of the sellers are trustable! I would highly recommend this website to anyone that does not like to spend their days shopping in stores! It's so much easier to just download eBay and shop right away!

Original review: April 21, 2019

eBay has great quality military clothing, caps. I have ordered several times from eBay, always having excellent results with whatever I ordered. Great shipping, many with free shipping and relatively quick, and great quality. It's a great place to shop.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It seems that eBay is allowing dishonest people to steal items and does't help the seller. This may be part of a dishonest scheme that allows people to purchase an item through eBay and the day it is delivered they stop the payment on PayPal. eBay instructs seller to contact PayPal. The stopped payment starts a over 70 days dispute on PayPal. After some time PayPal informs that the buyers financial institution doesn't will release the payment.

Seller contacts buyer that never replies, so you ask eBay for help. The only contact with eBay is over the phone and they tell you that you missed the time to request the return of the item. How could I ask for the return if PayPal only informed me yesterday? eBay simply doesn't help the seller and allows this criminal scheme to use their website and that's it: You got robbed on eBay!! Attention if you sell on eBay, you may end up like me: no longer have the item, paid for shipment and didn't received the payment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: April 19, 2019

Don't get involved with this company, they take your money, along with PayPal they're partners in crime, and sit on it making interest until you scream, then you wait a while longer before they eventually say... "We need more information???"

Original review: April 19, 2019

Between sellers bidding up their own items to scammers taking your money and not sending the item purchased, eBay is a joke. There are very few, if any, checks and balances in the company. Will never buy ANYTHING from eBay again.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I had issues adding pictures and responding to a potential buyer. After an hour of trying to fix it on my phone and computer I called into the company. I was put on hold for over 30 minutes and was told to try again in 24 hours. No one was going to call me back or anything, terrible customer service. The gal finally after 45 minutes realized it was because I has sent a counter offer to a potential buyer, shouldn't she have know that immediately???

She had me recreate the ad so I could add pictures. But, then I had two listings and she wanted me to delete the old one with 2 watchers and over 431 views, which I did. What a waste of time energy and time for a $75 item. After the hours of being on hold, trying to fix this, it's hardly worth the money due to loss of time, not to mention the loss of momentum on the original ad I had to delete!! What a nightmare! Not only is their customer service not knowledgeable and doesn't care, their website is not intuitive or easy to navigate! Love the concept but the user experience sucks royally!!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

First off I buy over $400 in dog food every month, and when I ordered 6 bags from one sell for just 200 bucks. The seller gives me the wrong tracking number, this tracking number states it was delivered to someone else. Called UPS to find it wasn't delivered to my house and that the package was 4lbs. I ordered 6 40lbs of dog food. When I explained this to eBay they said, "We have the tracking number and it says it was delivered so we can't give you a refund." The original seller never replied to me at all. After many calls and hours talking to eBay I get them to open a ticket for it. They say I have to call the cops and file a report. I file the report but eBay says it was too late that they gave me plenty of time, that they can't help me. Well if I could I'd give them 0 stars - just worthless. They let someone steal my money and they couldn't even care. Well I won't be using them ever again and I suggest no one else does either.

Original review: April 18, 2019

eBay cut my seller's account off because someone tried opening an account up using my address. They will not overturn it. Wow. I called customer service and even spoke with a supervisor. They will not turn my account back on as a seller. Byebye eBay. Welcome Amazon.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Today I cancelled my eBay account, cancelled my Paypal account and blocked all my employees from both sites. Not only did I do that but I called my bank and CC company and blocked any future transactions from Both companies. As a Consumer and seller I spend a minimum of 14K per year on eBay & Paypal. I am now going to give Amazon all my business even if it costs a few dollars more.

From Time to time we sell used parts and market them clearly. We have sold 2 items for parts or repair, "stated as is" and the 1st time the buyer returned something that I did not sell him! eBay fully refunded him and eBay's response "that is the cost of doing business". Ok. I did not understand as that's fraud but what can you do. So this time the buyer had the item in his\her possession for 29 days, then opened a case and again eBay sided with buyer in less than 2 minutes and basically told me they do not care. So I am taking my $1400 (7 year average per year) away they make per year and taking Paypal's commission away over $80 and principal.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ordered 3 motherboard kits with CPU and RAM, opened a case, tried to solve it with the seller (DNA outlet) but the seller (DNA outlet) contacted eBay and closed the case. My negative reviews were removed, “DNA outlet” still has 100% positive reviews and I lost 150 pounds because eBay favours the sellers because they pay percentage from sales maybe. There were a couple more negative reviews for DNA outlet and now they are gone.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I had a bad experience with eBay years ago and hardly ever used them. Decided to buy some things and made an account with my Gmail to watch some items. I paid for everything right away with PayPal, nothing was outstanding. Few hours later they cancelled my account for no reason. I called and they said they do it to all new accounts with activity. No one could tell me where it says they would cancel all my orders and refuse to help me unless I give them all my information and a credit card. No, I paid my fees, with PayPal. They had no reason to suspend my account and take a bunch of money from me. Glad to see their company is going down. Hope something better takes its place.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Terrible service. Got gypped out of five dollars. And talk to management and they were rude. I would suggest to anybody looking for auto parts or anything through eBay stop ordering from them. Go to your local people. Give them your hard-earned money instead of these people that don’t deserve it.

Original review: April 13, 2019

April 13, 2019. I am from Montreal Quebec Canada. I purchased a simple 10.00 US item April 1, 2019 from somewhere in Ohio. After paying for it with my credit card, I had to pay an extra 15.00 US for shipping this 8 ounce item. It is now 13 days since the purchase. eBay cannot compete with Amazon. Amazon can deliver in max 2 days and free shipping with Prime. Well I learned my lesson. Goodbye eBay.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am a new user to eBay, trying to sell a few of my father's belongings as he passed away last August. Since I'm new, I am not familiar with their policies. One being that having been messaged by a buyer asking to meet in person to view the product that they would be buying is apparently a huge violation of policy. This was something initiated by the buyer and I went along with it until eBay notified me of it being against their policy a week later. After that, I cut contact the with guy and told him he'd have to pay through eBay. He didn't end up buying it so I sold the item to someone else through eBay.

Turns out, one warning a week after the initial contact is enough for eBay to bill me $300 for a sale that never happened. I called them three times about it and the only reason they gave is because of the couple of messages that the buyer sent me and me replying to him. The buyer has no consequences but I do for something that never happened? Even though the buyer was the one that wanted it to happen? By the way, all of this happened after my account was suspended for being new and eBay wanting to make sure I was a real person. I had multiple people who already bid on the item in question and when my account was suspended, the item got taken down.

If they hadn't suspended my account, the messages would never have happened and I would've been able to sell it to whoever bought it through the auction. eBay DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE SELLER. They only want your money and to keep buyers happy with the "customer is always right" crap. If you are a small-time seller, please, do not use eBay. They will screw you out of money and will find any reason to charge you more than what they deserve. I paid my fees that were legitimately through eBay and that actually happened. But a couple of messages from a buyer is all it takes for them to charge you for whatever price they feel like. Use other sites, such as their competitors like Amazon, Craigslist, or Reverb. DON'T USE EBAY!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with eBay until lately. Somehow my "secure" account password is being changed and I am not doing it. I checked in another way and changed my account password today and again it was changed. In theory this should not happen after I changed the password within seconds unless there is something else to it. My theory on the 'it' is this: I have had trouble with a disreputable 'religious' group hq'd in Salt Lake City, Utah for almost 30 years. And I believe this company is owned by them. Disreputable people in many of my dealings with them outside of eBay, now maybe even eBay is affected.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I ordered the above touch-up hair color product more than two months ago and never received it. According to eBay (and the seller's information) it was delivered - but it never was delivered to me. Based on eBay's policy, if a product is not delivered or was lost, either a replacement or a refund is due. According to eBay customer support (after the seller stopped responding because he said that the tracking number showed it had been delivered), their investigation - which took all of 10 minutes - showed that this product was not eligible for a refund and the case was closed, period. In order to reopen the case, I would need to send them a Police Report (seriously) or some other information that is impossible to procure.

It may only be $10 dollars but it's a terrible way to treat a customer. I will NOT be using eBay ever again... Imagine if I ordered something worth $100 or even $1,000 (which is not uncommon) and the same situation occurred. Amazon Prime: You have your issues, but at least I can return stuff with no problem or get a refund for deliveries that never make it. Shame on you, eBay! Sincerely, Former Customer Elzbieta.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I've been selling with eBay for a while but the past few transactions have just been completely unfair. Someone bought a brand new Waterpik from me and left me a good review. Three weeks later they decide they didn't want it because they "couldn't figure out how to use it." I kindly said it's been too long and they've USED the item in their mouth so I can't accept a return. Well of course they opened a case and eBay ruled in their favor. Now I have a nasty used and damaged item. This isn't the first time I've dealt with an awful buyer that just wants something for free and ends up returning the item damaged when they don't get what they want. eBay does not care about their sellers, especially small sellers. I am DONE using them for buying and selling.

Original review: April 10, 2019

It's not bad enough eBay is overrun with counterfeits, fakes, pirated media, and fraudulent sellers as well as deadbeat buyers... It's not bad enough that with changes to the seller feedback policy over the last 10 years sellers can no longer even leave a negative feedback for outright deadbeat buyers but have to endure negative feedback for buyers who get second thoughts but want a refund and to keep the merchandise... It's not bad enough eBay has decided if you aren't a business and are a private party like me selling less than 25 items every six months they can interfere with your sale and withhold the money until you have shipped the item to the buyer - in direct contravention to the first rule of a sale... It's not bad enough they force you to accept their shipping rate estimates which are often wrong and force you to make up a difference out of pocket... No.

Now they feel they have the right to charge a final value fee on the shipping costs too - as if they were a profit you are making. This is an illegal and underhanded practice akin to trying to add extra tax to shipping which is prohibited by the FTC and has been for decades. This is not listed on their seller fees page anywhere as of this writing. Their excuse for this is the underhanded sellers who abuse shipping by selling items cheap and making up for it with handling costs which they basically told me I should do to recover these extra fees. No this is outright, unadulterated greed and misconduct and it needs to stop. I urge anyone who is an eBay seller or customer to write a letter to their state Attorney General and their congressman.

Corporate greed has gone way too far. eBay has made it impossible for respectable sellers and non-businesses to survive. Worse the response from their Office of the president is to offer free shipping - because, yeah, I will sell a $5 item that needs $15 to ship and then be at a net profit of -$10 - makes complete sense!

eBay now is a company that caters to fraud and greed and corruption. This policy of charging valuation fees on shipping is over-reaching and they need to be put in check. Rich corporations and crooked businesses get richer, the rest of us get crushed under the wheel!

Original review: April 10, 2019

They like to change delivery dates to give sellers more time to send out packages after the first initial GUARANTEED delivery date making it harder to track your package and they are not very friendly or helpful in locating or returning orders that were messed up, Received broken, etc. Buy at your own risk! They tend to side with the seller 9 times out of 10 on disputes about late or broken packages.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I sold a jewelry kiln on eBay and eBay forced me to accept the return. I received the item back completely ruined. eBay seller protection states it protects you again items that have been used and damage. eBay did reverse the division in my favor. I was told I would get a full refund for my $400 item by two different customer service reps. I only received half my money $200.

After a month of waiting and talking to service reps they now have changed their minds and said they only protect you for 50 percent of your item. I can't find anywhere stating it only protects you for 50 percent of your item. Why did it talk a month to tell me this and why tell me multiple times I would receive the rest of my money. So eBay has stolen 50 dollars in shipping 40 fee for selling. 22 dollars for PayPal fees. So I end up with 88 dollars for my 400 dollar item. I have been screwed as a buyer as well. I ordered a pair of bike shoes and received a mouse pad. I was told to ship mouse pad back I did and eBay never returned my money. So now eBay is up to $462 of my money I'll never get back. I will never use this company again and warn all my friends as well. So frustrating.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Don't sell on eBay. They will not have your back. I sold a new pair of boots in the box in perfect condition. The buyer said they were too big, even though the listing clearly stated the brand run a size larger, and when I got them back the tissue paper protecting them was gone and they were all scraped up from being shipped that way. I contacted eBay immediately. The policy is all item must be returned in original condition and packaging. They put the case on hold and said I could offer a partial refund. I did and the buyer agreed but I couldn't do it through eBay, so they told me to do it through PayPal with my balance or bank account.

After doing that and calling eBay asking them to close the case they asked for a screenshot of the transfer on PayPal for proof I gave a refund. The next day I wake up to a message that eBay closed the case and gave the buyer a full refund on top of my PayPal transfer. How does that even happen? They looked at my screenshot of the payment to this buyer and still decided to give her more money on top of it. I'm done selling on eBay.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had an awful experience with eBay selling Department. Sold an item, the shipment was extremely expensive almost 300% over the cost of the item. Got the best deal for the buyer and just charged to what she had to pay, not adding any cent to the shipping charges. eBay charged 10% on shipping fees that I paid cash three weeks before when the purchase was done. They have all the selling fees hidden on the selling docs but they are not able to tell you how much they will charge if you sell the item through them. Exactly like going to the hospital and after three weeks you get your bill. Never again. This practice is insane. 25% of the price of an item.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have been selling on eBay for a number of years and overall I have had a good experience, however I have encountered what I can only describe as a thoroughly dishonest buyer. ** purchased a brand new pair of Skechers boys shoes on the 2/3/19 and then 3 weeks later she contacted stating that the shoes were faulty, the photographs showed a pair of shoes that looked like they have been worn in a war zone and clearly her child had wrecked them. She was trying to get a partial refund but I refused as the shoes were all but destroyed, I took this up with eBay and asked them to intervene.

This morning I received an email stating they had found in the buyers favour stating "I certainly understand your frustration as you have received a return item in damaged condition. eBay never physically see the item before or after it is returned by your buyer so we cannot dispute the buyer and their reasons for return. As a result of this, we allow the return to happen as normal." So there we have it. As a seller you will always lose out, they cannot dispute the buyer but they can dispute the seller, the very person who pays eBay. I am in the process of closing my account after 16 years given this total lack of assistance and contempt shown and I would advise others to give eBay a wide berth.

Original review: April 2, 2019

eBay and PayPal stolen from me more than 30k. After I sent the item, customer charge back credit card and I lost all the merchant and the money. PayPal and eBay just did nothing. I move to Amazon and I making good money there. Stay away from that **....

Original review: April 1, 2019

I discontinued my buying with eBay because their policy sucks! I bought an item from a seller on March 22nd and the item suppose to be delivered on March 28th. It had been 4 days and I didn't receive the item. Here on April 2nd I called their customer service and she told me I had to wait another 4 days and if the merchant don't answer I can get my money back on the 5th day! That's 9 days to wait for an item YOU paid for and I will no longer shop with eBay. My shopping will be at amazon because you get your money back in a day or two!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Even when an item is described to a T, they still will let a fraudulent buyer try to send it back. I just wasted over an hour of my time getting nowhere with a customer service rep, a supervisor, and a manager named Melvin. I'm pretty sure their names are made up. While getting nowhere with them I was constantly emailing the buyer telling them that the item is described just like the certificate of authenticity says with nothing else added. After a few emails I got the buyer to rescind the return. eBay doesn't even look at the listing to make sense of what the buyer is saying. This business is dying and everyone needs to move on. They are the worst I've ever seen and it's been like this for a long time. A place that only lets buyers leave negative feedback tells you what kind of company this is. So if you're a seller, beware, eBay does not care about you.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I’ve been selling my ancient coin collection on eBay for a couple of years, seriously selling for a few months. One of my coins was returned to me. eBay has been holding the “Final Value Fee” for this coin for no reason (that was given to me). I called customer service 4 times to get my money back. Customer service is usually someone in the Philippines. Every time I call to inquire about crediting me back the Final Value Fee for this coin I was told things like “I’ll be happy to assist you..." "I can help you with that..." "I understand your concern..." "I understand your frustration..." "I will be following up on that..." "We will have to appeal this..." "We’ll get back to you in 48 hours.”

It took me about two weeks back and forth until I got my money. eBay also counted this “return” against me, for NO reason. But later I understood the reason: that I’m now a “below standard” seller, so they will increase the Final Value Fee on the items I sell. I’ve used eBay as a buyer, and as a seller. eBay is definitely biased towards buyer, but think carefully if you’re considering to sell on eBay. I felt that they treat sellers as if all sellers sell stolen items, or as if all sellers are crooks. I know now why people choose to consign their collectible to auction house. Auction places probably charge a little more than eBay but they definitely save you A LOT of headaches That you will have to be prepared for when you sell on eBay. Thanks!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Bought an article who didn't arrived, I left ok feedback, eBay removed the feedback and Paypal shows no traces of the transaction, il Giardino di maya seller is having lot of control...eBay worth 0 today, it's finished of finished. Only losers and cheapskates.

eBay Company Information