eBay

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had ordered a book through eBay on 5 Jan costing 356 Rs. My account was also deducted the same. But when I received the book on 9 Jan the invoice send to me was of 156 Rs only. I requested eBay to return my 200 Rs & the seller are telling that it is my fault that I would have purchased a low price book instead of a high price & they haven't forced me to buy it. I have almost done half of my shopping through online but this was the baddest experience I got. Thank you very much for giving me a good experience eBay. Never will I rely on your service & would like to suggest students like me not to buy books from here as they fool people.

Was told I was getting refund by eBay for the over 100$ I spent. Ebay told me to call back after so many days and (they are reminding me again the call is monitored) so from the start I opened a case called back few days later and was told to call back on Monday. I called on Monday morning was told I am not getting my money back from eBay. I called back then Monday evening and was told they are giving me my money back. I haven't seen it yet. I called back Tuesday night and was told that I am a liar and eBay said I am making all of this up. Still haven't got my refund. Will take longer through PayPal. I have had to give eBay my address and phone number and when I call they have an attitude.

I have been a loyal eBay customer for over 10 years. I have been a buyer and a seller with five stars throughout. Recently I sold an item on eBay that a customer was dissatisfied with. The customer returned it but the postal service screwed up and marked it undeliverable, and mailed it back. I was in contact with eBay, buyer, and UPS re the item since November 2016, re the item and its whereabouts.

Fast forward to January 2017, eBay sends me an invoice for the item cost. I contact them and say, "I have been waiting for the item to be returned then I will refund money." They say, "Sorry, too late. We closed your case and it's been past 30 days," which means that I am screwed out of my item and the cost for the item as well. I explain that I have been in contact with them since day one and I've been a loyal customer for years. "I'd like to speak to a supervisor." Nope. I just get transferred from one person to the next and they tell me, "Sorry. It's over 30 days." It's basically robbery. They took my item and my money. What they did was lose a loyal customer. I would NEVER recommend eBay.

July 27 I paid eBay $31.41. After three month did not receive the material. Ebay close the purchase order and promise to refund the money. I waited two month but refund did not come. When I contact with eBay they told me to write to PayPal. Now two months. I am hanging between eBay and PayPal giving you the details below: Item #: **. Sale price: $3.99. Quantity: 1. Sale date: Jul-27-16 09:58:53 PDT. Seller: ezguard. Case #: **. Case opened: Nov-12-16 09:50:44 PST. Item # : **. Color: Black. Sale price: $21.55. Quantity: 1. Sale date: Jul-27-16 09:58:53 PDT. Seller: bozhu19790621. Case #: **. Case opened: Nov-12-16 09:51:57 PST. Please help to refund my money back.

I have been dealing with eBay for a long time now and I have an excellent buyer rating. Lately I have joined a Facebook buy and sell group and the difference between them and eBay is night and day. On the Facebook site I can figure out if I want the product, inform the seller that I want the product at the price they have it listed for, receive an invoice, pay the invoice and have the product in 4 days. For some products on eBay you have to bid on the product and you don't even find out you have been outbid on the product until 4 days later. I needed it before then! Needless to say, I won't buy through eBay anymore. They are so outdated!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?

I was sold a counterfeit coach purse by thelibrarybear, on eBay. This bag was advertised as authentic. When I received it and realized it was a fake, I emailed the seller asking them to take it back. Seller said, "No, items are sold as is." eBay is standing behind the seller and has closed the case. Beware of buying from this seller and eBay! They're money back guarantee means nothing!

Since eBay removed the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback for non-paying buyers- there is no protection for sellers at all. Sellers are the ones that pay the fees on items sold- and are the people that keep eBay afloat. I have had 50+ buyers who simply choose to change their mind- lodging a non-paying bidder (NPB) complaint goes through eBay's automated system, and is automatically closed after 30 days- whether the complaint is resolved or not! How can eBay treat their sellers like dirt & get away with it?? EBay only survives because there is no viable alternative. Come on FB/Amazon/Google... Open an auction site!! You will instantly have MILLIONS of disgruntled sellers flock there.

This is in my selling manager that keeps track of what we are list. Example: Auctions. 34 Fixed Price and now 0 on Jan. 9, 2017. 5 Fixed Price (GTC) was 195 on Jan. 9, 2017. On Nov. 30, 2016 I had 227 good until canceled and others in 30 duration, and some in the auction. On Dec. 27, 2016 I was charged: Dec 27 15:58:38 Ruby Platinum Ovl Sterling Silver Ring 1.17 tcw size 7 152297589730 Insertion Fee $0.20. Dec 27 16:15:12 Navajo Sterling Wolf Turquoise Feather Dangling Earrings 152297603343 Insertion Fee $0.20. Dec 27 16:25:13 Ruby, Diamond Platinum Ovl Sterling Silver Ring 1.0cts size 5.25 311730113996 Insertion Fee $0.20.

On Dec. 31, 2016 I had 227 good until canceled. Also on Dec. 31, 2016 11:30 pm eBay if I didn't in 18 items I would have been charged the insertion fees and

I had 227 - 250 = 23 more open spot to list in. I was also on the phone with eBay's customer service and he said to end them before being charged. On Jan. 9, 2017 all my items in the eBay store went into my unsold. "I didn't end anything." I was listing items into my auction. When I went back into my store they were gone. Since Dec. 30 or 31, 2016 I was told by 3 people I would get a call back. 1 by customer service, the next 1 by a supervisor, and 1 by a US call center. As of this date all of my item but 39, all of my items are got and in my unsold. Now I have to use my store free insertion promotional to put them back into my store. That is like paying a store fee 2 times. $24.95.

I have been an active member of eBay since Sept. 03, 2003. My feedback is over 2000. I've sold as much as I've bought. I recently decided to sell some coins I bought on eBay. The buyer contacted me and said it wasn't gold on both sides. I responded with "It's a coin that only has 4999 others. They are all the same. All 5000." They said a bunch of discount mumbo jumbo. I contacted eBay because I've have sold Harleys, jet skis, Mary Kay, cars, plants, rare chicken eggs, everything. They left me hanging with no proof of default. They didn't even look at the other 4999 coins which I own 2 of. Both bought from mints on their site.

Once again. I have made a living off eBay. That was my income. I love eBay. After I get my coin back (if I do), I'm closing my account. I'm in sales and bring their name up to my customers for parts, remotes, etc. almost everyday. What they just did to me is as bad as Hillary and her lies. I put no returns because the auction was plain and simple. It's a 2015 Silver Eagle with 24K on one side. When I talked to them they recommended I refund the money. TOTAL horrible company. Thanks eBay. Friends, NO More **. I even sold 2 of 25 Donruss Prime Cuts Home Jersey Babe Ruth museum cards on there. Wow. It's all about the new customer.

My experience with eBay has started okay. Just have had enough with their policy sellers can open a no pay case 3 days after purchase if you don't pay BUT sellers can take your money and take 5-7 plus days to send?? Sometimes longer ordered this part 6 days ago and nothing. If out of stock state that don't take pees money then say you're out of stock?? EBay needs to change their policy and clean up the cheaters. After last issue def using Amazon in future. Ebay is becoming a joke!!!

I bought an item made from glass. When I got it in the mail it was broken because the seller did not wrap it correctly. This is not a reason to get your money back on eBay. Seller refused to give me my money back and eBay does not help on broken items. Never buy glass items from them. Seller told me to file a complaint with the Post Office but there was no insurance on it, and it was shipped in a way that does not get a refund from them.

I been trying to be an eBay seller for almost a year now and I found that their fees and services are high and since their fees are so high, I was expecting a much better seller support. Their customer service is TERRIBLE!!! Even Supervisors and top Managers that I spoke to are absolutely crap! Unprofessional and do not help you resolve ANYTHING! You keep paying fees without any business support. eBay steals your money and gives it all back to customers without any proper solid investigation. They will hold your money and there is NOTHING you can do about it! TRUST ME. Stay away from these crooks and try another selling platform and not eBay!

After buying an item on ebay.ca or ebay.com the seller become unregistered user. I called eBay and they said I have to follow up with PayPal. WTF!! I literally was on hold for 2h and 45min before I give up. The below is the eBay message: "This listing (112253032302) has been removed, or this item is not available. Please check that you've entered the correct item number. Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing." I canceled eBay from my life. Trust me you should too.

I was sent a counterfeit item. Completely and utterly fake. It was advertised to be a high end, designer produce and I was sent a replica. I complained to the Ebay department and they told me to send my item back so I could get a refund. I find this so horrifically tacky of Ebay's customer service department (especially considering the amount of snow and inclement weather my town is in, it would be such a pain to go to the UPS carrier store for this return). I spoke to the seller directly in my message inbox and the seller confirmed they were fake by stating "I never advertised them as ____ brand and you never directly asked".

Even though the unauthentic brushes had everything identical to what an authentic brush would look like. Even with this information ON FILE, Ebay refused to refund my money unless I returned the item. I am so angry with Ebay for not being sympathetic with me in this situation, and I will never use this site again for purchasing designer items.

eBay refuses to remove a crooked seller, and the crook's Listing, from their active seller listings. This is a crook from the United Kingdom. This is a crook, who is trying to represent a Piece of literal junk, as a Littmann stethoscope. I have messaged The crooked seller, twice, to modify the listing. The crook has refused. I have reported the crooked seller, six times, repeat, Six times, to the eBay customer service team. eBay flatly refuses to remove the listing.

eBay's refusal To remove this crook and their listing, makes it more and more Difficult to sell quality products on eBay, when they allow a Crooked thief to represent a cheap, and shoddy product on eBay for a cheap price, as a classic, American made fine item. This makes me angry!!! I wish to thank ConsumerAffairs for this opportunity.

eBay is a unique place to find many hard to get items and if you can sort out problems with a seller things may go OK, but if you can't look out. I've bought about $30,000 worth of items in the past, mostly breakable sculptures and people who don't wrap them properly will have them damaged in transit. First thing to realize the CR at eBay is exactly what the company wants. Few at eBay even know basic policy which is why I've made so many calls. I've been given two scenarios for returning items US to US and both turned out be wrong. The insane requirement to get a damaged piece back to the UK puts all the burden on the buyer if the seller wants to cause major difficulties.

The basic MO of the mooks and gooks at eBay is to parrot back what you've just told then, they give (incorrect answers) to questions you've never asked. Then start the whole process over again. When you do reach someone who seems to know something you'll find out later you were given the wrong answer. The eBay staff is almost completely from the Philippines or India without any chance for US support. I was just given an incredible two week runaround by a UK seller at eBay. As a result I just canceled a UK purchase. These are mooks and gooks who work for an organization that does not want qualified personnel (too costly). This cesspool of stupidity is indirectly part of the dumbing down of America.

The breakage in the pieces I've received was easy to photograph. If it's something you can't prove forget it. You'll lose the case as a buyer. My last experience was so bad that I may never buy anything from eBay again. Beware cagey sellers who will deny everything. Beyond belief bad is the standard here, heavily weighted in favor of the seller. If you only buy sturdy items from highly rated sellers you should do OK. Any contact with the mooks and gooks will take you down.

I am skeptical to buy things from the internet, but when I try eBay I feel secure using PayPal and their money back warranty and I like they have a variety of customers where I could choose from. They have confirmation and tracking of my order and I love it.

Received a broken item. I returned it on time but USPS didn't scanned it when I shipped in Miami, so first scan was in NY one day after the deadline, so they didn't refund even when was obvious I was right. They told me to call the seller (DEAL-BUYS) but they never answered, both of them not HONEST. Now they have the money and the item. If you have any possibility of a return be very careful, they will not help you. Actually I will never use eBay again!!! One more detail, they block me to make a bad review, so they have all covered!!! Reviews are one sided in EBAY!!!! This what I call MAFIA!!!

3 years ago I tried to sell a cellphone on Ebay. After approximately 1 month I did not hear any responses or bid responses. I took the phone off Ebay. After trying to buy an item I got a message onscreen that the seller did not take bids from people with negative feedback. Here a woman was bidding on my phone without me receiving any notification from anyone. No money or product changed hands. The buyer tagged me as a "scammer". After two failed attempts at trying to arbitrate I quit. Three years later I tried to get the negative feedback removed from my account. The fist rep said "not my department". Second rep said it should be removed after 1 year then sent me to another department.

Third rep argued that she couldn't remove it because it was Ebay policy. I demanded to speak to her superior. She took a phone number to have someone call me back. I received a callback from a supervisor. He said the same as the third rep. His solution was to open another account under another email address. Wow, a real honest solution. I wonder how many people with large amounts of negative feedback fix things this way. This is what we get for not doing business face to face. Buy local!!!

I purchased a blanket and they sent me a shower curtain. I contacted them and it was agreed they would send the correct item along with a return shipping label, which never happened. Then they wanted me to send them additional money for an item I already paid for and return the shower curtain at my expense and they would reimburse the shipping. That never happened either.

I sold an item on eBay, stated a NO RETURN policy. Of course, buyer going by the handle **, says item is broken. I state the item is brand new, and wanted proof that the item was broken, which the buyer would not provide. I then stated, and copied the portion of the listing that stated no returns. Buyer opened a case. EBay rules in the buyer's favor. Directs the buyer to return the merchandise, which is 2 pieces. As soon as the tracking shows it was received, eBay refunds the full purchase price.

Problem is, only one of the pieces is returned. I call eBay. They tell me that I have to get the buyer to admit that he doesn't intend on returning the other piece. Ya, fat frigging chance he will do that. The buyer, of course, lies, and says that he returned both pieces. The buyer has NO INCENTIVE TO TELL THE TRUTH. EBay takes him at his word. I am out half of the product, and all of the money. EBay is a scam. They essentially help buyers defraud sellers. I am closing my account and will NEVER sell on eBay again!!!

I purchased 2 iPhones and the seller disallowed a return. I was not aware you must start the return process within 30 days. Say 31 was New Year's day and no shipment was possible. I called eBay to appeal and was sent to 'High Volume Claims' and spoke to an eBay associate. She informed me that the appeal was possible because eBay could use the estimated date of arrival. So she looked at the seller's website and said that I fell within 30 days of the estimated date of arrival. I ask her point blank, "You're telling me that I can purchase new merchandise because the appeal will go through." She said "yes!" and said she would send all the information to my email.

I called eBay today because I received no email. I told a supervisor I made a new purchase based the employee's assurance the appeal would be allowed. The supervisor said she was sorry but the appeal was not possible. She said they would use it as a coaching opportunity but nothing else could be done. I ask her if that meant eBay would not take responsibility for their employee costing me hundreds of dollars by giving me incorrect information. She simple restated the policy and said she was sorry I was frustrated.

Bought an item today on eBay...signed in as a guest. When I received a confirmation email from eBay stating if I want to review my order 'please sign in using your email add and provided code. When I followed these directions I was sent to a Seller's Acct that had gone to collection in 2010. I've never had an eBay acct. Never sold anything on eBay! For the next 1 hr and 20 min I spoke to 5 account specialist. All of them insisting I had set up an acct from the device that I was using (oh by the way I have a brand new laptop and could never have set something up 7 years ago from this device). They were kind enough to give me the name of the collection agency my so called account had been sent to...no longer in service/disconnected - no luck there. Sorting this out.

I would really like to know who "Champagnecream' is (Whoa what a username??? The visions I'm having) and what did miss champagne sell I wonder?). This really is one for the books. The acct is under my email address, the acct info had my birthdate and home address so they are insisting I set this up...hmmm I think I would remember that. So still not sure what to do right now. Was my credit compromised? Has someone stolen my identity? They at eBay did not give me any answers. Just kept transferring me from one dept to the next. Now what? I hope I get what I ordered today. What a mess...

The runaround. Sold my tractor at half price on eBay to pay my land taxes, eBay says "your funds are pending in PayPal for up to 21 days, until it's been 90 days since your first successful sale, your seller level is Above Standard or higher, and you've had at least 25 selling transactions worth a combined $250". I have met all eBay requirements and they release $11.00 and hold Thousands. After talking to over 7 people at eBay, everyone says unfortunately. Buyer has left Positive feedback. Just not good business. Account ID: **.

Nov 2016 I bought some parts from UK. Global shipping was the carrier with tracking number. On 9/12/2016 the parcel was track to Brisbane {underwood} Then no further tracking. I contact the seller who was very helpful before Christmas and come to agreement I will wait till new year. I got a email from eBay stating delivery was done 30/12/2016. I contact them and ask if they can track the parcel. I never received it. The next thing the case was closed by eBay and the sellers details been removed from my buyer's list? Can't leave feedback? I found out that eBay doesn't cover any sales and you are on your own. If they can't get money from the sellers there is no guarantee from eBay. Conclusion used eBay to found out about an item and buy direct. It will be cheaper from seller and use normal post office service.

I am disappointed at how eBay has handled my case. I purchased sunscreen on Dec 8 and expected time of arrival was Dec 23. The package showed that it was delivered to my place on Dec 20 but I did not receive it. I proceeded to contact the seller who suggested that I should follow up with the local post office but even after following up with them none of this proved fruitful. I opted to get a refund from eBay but after reviewing my case I will not be refunded and there's no reason behind this decision! I will NOT be purchasing anything from this website!!!

I don't normally write reviews ever, but eBay has grinded my gears so many times. Their customer service section sucks. You think you're going to chat with an agent, as there is a nice wonderful smiling face next to the 'contact' button and then you're asked to narrow down your choice. Most times you can't because issues are never that simple. So you choose one that is completely incorrect and you're not able to talk to anyone via online chat. You have to write a message and hope to get a response. When you get a response you're told you're in the wrong section. Like seriously? Why do I want to buy from this place? Their shipping is slow. Their service sucks and good luck ever returning anything. Grow up eBay or be buried. Your choice.

I bought a Vinex Junior Golf Set - Soni from eBay by paying Rs 1848.00. As per specification given by eBay the golf clubs were supposed to be metallic but to my horror I found that the golf clubs are made of plastic painted in metal colours. I raised the issue with eBay & told them that their action amount to cheating & unethical business. After lots of correspondence they agreed to refund my money & asked me to return the golf set. They told me that their courier will collect the item but I have to pay his charges which will be refunded by them. The courier never came to me to collect the item & I got a message from eBay that my claim is rejected due to delay on my part. There are two important issues here. 1. They cheated me by selling a plastic item at the rate of a metal item. 2. They fooled me by false promise to refund my money. I have decided to never purchase anything from eBay the cheaters.

You run a ad on eBay and the buyer gets the item as you listed it. Buyer says he wants to return it, but you listed as no returns. Nothing damaged on item. Part number is as I listed and eBay tells me I have to take it back, pay the shipping both ways and pay the eBay cost for listing. Never give me the pics the buyer sent in no prove of any problems at all. Don't list with eBay because if anything happens you will pay for everything and they pay nothing and they force you to pay via PayPal or they just take the money from your bank. No company should have that kind of power over the customer.

I recently bought a T-shirt online for around £30. When it arrived I noticed it was a cheap knock off, so as anyone would do I requested a return with the seller. The seller responded, and of course their returns address would be in China, and to make things worse I got an automated messaged from eBay saying the seller couldn't pay for the return postage (despite it being a fake!). So I had to pay £10 to ship the item back to China. I sent this tracked via Royal Mail to cover myself and uploaded the proof of postage to the return case that was open (as eBay guarantee that the seller will cover postage if the item is a fake). Some time passed and I noticed I had not receive any form of refund for the T-shirt.

My next step was to contact customer service. I have had somewhere between 5 and 10 messages from them. The content of which ranges from asking about the details of shoes (I haven't ever purchased shoes from eBay), calling me the wrong name, opening and closing messages with completely different names, and asking why there is a London address on the Royal Mail proof of postage (this was the address of the post office it was sent from). At the moment I'm stuck with them claiming I need to have every single line from the large Chinese return address (which includes Chinese letters) on the proof of postage. This is not what Royal Mail issue as standard as mine just has a postcode and tracking code on it (which they claim they can't find on the receipt either). By far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Left out of pocket and out of principle I will never be doing business with them again.

eBay Company Profile