eBay

eBay

3.7/5 (3255 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I have been with Ebay for 10 years, but lately Ebay became the worst platform to sell, ever! Holding money from sellers for over 2 weeks and the reason they say it's the "System" is doing it (big lie). When asked to speak with a supervisor they say that, "We have been getting too many calls (I wonder why) so the supervisor may call you within a day!" EBAY please tell us, the sellers, how am I going to keep selling on ** Ebay without my funds being released??? SELLERS BE CAREFUL.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I requested gift cards for my birthday for eBay to purchase tires. Ebay blocked me after using 4 so I can't complete my purchase. Now I have to wait several days and had to pay cash when I have gift cards. Don't waste time with this site as they just don't care.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I'm new to selling. My item was delisted. Ginger from customer service told me it wasn't a problem and typically happens with new sellers. After asking me a few security questions, Ginger said I was good to go. I tried listing my item again and received an email saying my item was listed incorrectly. I am trying to list the item a 3rd time, now being careful not to add any information, other than the standard point and click generic options. I do not like Ebay, accusing me of not having an item to sell, or putting me down, for the wording I use to sell. And Ginger, from customer service did not warn me about how difficult it is to sell on Ebay. I want to sell my item without being put down or talked down to.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

When will Consumer Affairs step in and start to regulate or any government agency start to protect buyers? Apparently I may have discovered a new eBay scam. Briefly it seems to work like this; you bid on an item, the seller accepts the offer, confirms, you pay for it, then a short time later you receive an e-mail stating the item is no longer available. Then you wait for a refund. This has happened to me twice in the last week and eBay would never step in to do anything that would affect their profit margin, this company continues a rapid decline.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

l had an item listed listed for local pick up only. I had an international guy from Canada reach out to me in regards to purchasing this item on 22 October 2021 while he proceeded to tell me that he would offer me 200 for the item I had listed for 350. Demanded for me to get this out right away. Anyway long story short item was shipped out three or four days later. On November 15, 2021 he received the item claiming the item was damaged. I currently have pictures. A local postal inspector seen the item and knows that the item was in excellent condition when it was shipped out because they helped me package the item as this was my first time ever shipping anything to Canada. I didn't know how everything really worked.

Anyway long story short as a grandmother selling items to try to make money to buy my grandkids Christmas presents and selling other items to make ends meet this guy put a claim in saying that he wanted a full refund and continue to refuse to send me pictures of the item being damaged. EBay, has done nothing for me as a seller they listen to this guy manipulate, lie, cheat and steal from me, continue to tell me that they were going to help me out. They've done nothing this far. Today is November 22, 2021 and I spent over 12 hours last week trying to get this resolved and currently nothing other than everything I sold they kept my money. I had to shut my bank account down I've had nothing but awesome reviews. Never anything negative in my 20 years of selling!

If this is how eBay, is going to treat their sellers I would suggest people not selling because they are just as much a scam and fraud as the scammers and fraudulent people who lie manipulate who purchase from the sellers! I am done with eBay, but terribly upset that they stole my hard earned money as the items I had to work for to purchase them to try to recoup back some money to buy Christmas presents for my grandchildren. I am on Social Security disability for a reason I am almost 60 years old and this is a shame that eBay, has allowed this to happen to me. Really is sickening to think that eBay, is just as bad as the people who buy in claim that sellers and damaged goods. It's all Leroy this guy has kept my item, refuse to send me pictures, cussed me out, harassed me and everything underneath the sun underneath. But they have done nothing to help me as a seller. I am done with eBay!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

For starters I’m a sort of new seller, so eBay will definitely not side with me when it comes to any issues. I have to wait for 3 days after item is delivered just for me to receive my money etc. Anyways, Shipped an item to a buyer recently (auction) for well under retail of item. I get a message from buyer a couple days after it says it was delivered. That there’s all these crazy damages, and it looks like someone dropped it, big hole in back, frame doesn’t hold screen in place. I ask kindly for more pictures of claims but buyer avoided any requests I had. He sent me 2 pictures of what he wanted me to see, it was hard to even tell if the item he took pictures of was even the one I sent because it was literally zoomed in pictures of a single spot. But anyways ebay then notified me buyer requested a refund. And because I’m a new seller ebay will guarantee buyer gets full refund even if I have proof the claims made are false.

I take a video of me cleaning and packing every item I sell, even if it’s a local sale. Again I ask buyer to provide full detailed pictures of items so I can compare them to my pictures and video. He send 1 more picture which shows the item a little better, but in this picture he sent I’m 100% sure it has been disassembled. Which is not how I sent it. (Also have proof of that.) Same thing, no luck, avoiding my requests saying I’m harassing him and that I have to accept return or he’ll escalate….and at this point ebay has no way for me to give my side of the story.

So what options do I have? eBay is holding my money, and if I ignore the request they will automatically refund anyways and quote “possibly even not require buyer to return item” which is complete **. This platform is trash. I am very familiar with people who buy things off eBay, swap parts out for their parts, then send it back to seller asking for full refund. Leaving the seller with an item in worse condition or even nonworking condition than how it was sent. But ebay doesn’t care at all.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I bought a phone from eBay. When I received it's a nonworking phone. I contacted the seller. No respond. So I contact the customer service. They repond back. She said she don't care. I wasn't getting my money back. Do what you want to do.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I bought a Hott cd player from Ebay to use in my car. I didn't want to use batteries and when I received the cd player there was no usb cable in the pkge. I went to a hardware store and to Microcenter to see if they could help, both said I would need to buy an inverter. The cd player didn't work and I sent it back to the seller: Buys34. The purchase was made via internet on 8/8/21 and I mailed it back by U.S.P.S. on 8/16/21. I never got any other correspondence from ebay. I called their service dept. which is now outsourced and the service manager argued with me, he was rude and nasty, and completely unhelpful, he said there was no record of my purchase etc. I sent numerous emails to ebay about the issue and was ignored.

Today is 11/17/21 and I still have never received a refund. Last week I filed a report with the BBB. Ebay sent me a survey which I filled out about their service and it wasn't favorable. I heard from ebay via the BBB saying it was over 30 days and they don't give refunds after that. They wanted proof that I had made the purchase, so yesterday I sent two attachments from my email for the order on 8/8 and for a warranty I took out on the cd player. The total cost for the cd player was $57.23 and the warranty was $6.99. I have not heard back from ebay.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

eBay are disgusting. eBay are disgusting. eBay lie betray steal our money and let buyer scammer go away with all. eBay stole a lot of money from me in the 10 years I was selling on eBay. Even proof of tracking and delivered and signed from buyer... eBay refunded all back. Some buyer from USA stole 6 care bears from me it was delivered and eBay refunded and after eBay said please clear this with the buyer what I did and buyer did not refund me till now any money back. Fraud, scam, lies. Only this is on eBay seller and buyer stay away from this selling page. It destroy your life.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I have been selling on eBay as a business for 17 years with almost 3000 feedback at 100% and above standard seller rating. eBay required verification of identity and banking information for their new "managed payments" (no longer using PayPal). After submitting the information and receiving an email from eBay stating that I had been verified, they suspended my account indefinitely. After numerous attempts to contact them (to find out why I was suspended) they stated that they could not tell me why and refused to talk to me any further. This is so upsetting and disappointing after doing business with them for 17 years. Shame on you eBay for treating your sellers like this!

eBay Company Information