eBay

eBay
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I LOVE Ebay! You can find anything on there and the purchase is guaranteed. Prices are fantastic and shipping is usually FREE. I have purchased a lot of quality and also hard to find items on Ebay. If you are a collector it makes a good starting point for your search.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Ebay is a wonderful online store and the prices are wonderful and humane. Other retailers want much more for their products. I hope you can help Ebay to stay the greatest retailer online and don't let the government put tax costs on there because they already have enough tax revenue and can leave us alone at Ebay.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

MSI B450 MORTAR MAX. The box was neat and informative. Cool design. I pair this with my Ryzen 3600 and out of the box, works great. I put my PATRIOT 16GB Viper 4 DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT in the wrong order and on the first boot, I got image message how to change positions of the modules. After that, worked great. SATA ports maybe are the only issue that I have, position could be better. But everything else is just great. Build quality is good. User manual is really informative. BIOS is really simple and informative. As a performant go, I'm graphic designer and putting my Ryzen 3600 to the max work really good. No issues at all. The good VRMs, able to overclock my R5 3600 are here. SB 3.2 ports, 2 in the front, 6 in the back, (1x type C Gen2, 1x type A Gen2, 4x type A Gen1). Total of 8. USB 2.0 ports (4x front, 2x back). In all, 14 USB ports. And you know, MSI is creator of MSI Afterburner. ;)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I would like to start off my review stating that I've ordered items many times and I've always been pleased with the results. One time I had a t-shirt that was a little too small, but the customer service and company it came from both solved my problem. I have never other than that 1 time had a problem with either my orders, getting ahold of customer service, or had a bad customer service experience. I think eBay is a great legitimate company that works to keep its customers, treat their customers well, and do their best to keep customers happy and coming back. It's one of the few who do that in online shopping. I also have another favorite but now is not the time to review it. I'm very pleased with eBay and I will continue to order merchandise from them far into the future.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I love eBay, I love that there is an alternative to Amazon. You really can easily find small DIY, electronic accessories for much cheaper on eBay. The reason why I think eBay is so much smaller than Amazon is that Amazon is just so much more intuitive than eBay. It's easier to find what you need and be sure of its quality. eBay is really out of date in that regard.

Original review: July 6, 2020

All of the complaints on here for ebay are very true, IMHO. I've been a buyer and seller on eBay for many, many, many years. Ebay was a great company when it began. Do you believe that sellers were once allowed to leave buyers feedback? Yep! And when they took that away, the company began to change, and for the worse. Constant changes. You just get accustomed to the new change, then the new change, becomes the old change and you are forced to let them continuously shove these changes down your throat. You have no say, even though you are one of the "small people" that butter their bread! Sellers no longer stand a chance.

Shipping is through the roof. Some buyers (you know who you are) lie about items received or send back items used that were sent new or send back an empty box. "Yes, I've had buyers send me back empty boxes and their money refunded because they provided a tracking number and cases are decided by a computer in a matter of seconds, if you ask them to step in an help to "Resolve an Issue". I've also bought items on ebay and the same scenario. I bought a microwave and was sent a bracelet. I won the case and my money was refunded, but only after I contacted Internet Crime Prevention and my local law enforcement and filed cases which is a pain! Most of the buyers and sellers on ebay are Good, Honest, Hardworking people. I've purchased from and sold to a lot of Great people on ebay. But you'll always have those thieves who believe that they are Entitled!

I don't feel that ebay cares about us sellers or buyers for that matter any longer and haven't for a while. Their latest change, the Ebay Managed Payments Plan is the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me. Sometime in late July it goes into effect, I've read. There is no way that I am going to ship my items while ebay lets my money sit in their account to draw interest. So, I'm supposed to ship my item, pay for shipping of that Item, that has not been paid for until ebay decides to release the funds to my new checking account that I have to open because ebay no longer allows your money to go directly to Paypal (whom I trust) But you need paypal for shipping USPS.

So, I'm actually going to close both of my ebay accounts and find another forum to sell on. Even if I have to do it out of my trunk. Corporate greed and lack of leadership at ebay, I will no longer tolerate when it comes to letting them handle my money (whom I don't trust any longer). All of the above is my opinion, that I've concluded from what I have encountered while a member of ebay.

Original review: July 6, 2020

This is not first time I've encountered this. I purchased an item March 2020 and I write this review in July 2020 without receiving the item. The seller (weinan2018) avoided giving me a refund and refused to resolve my issue of the item never being sent. The price of the transaction was $90 USD. It is clear that I had succumbed to yet another scam and it will be my last as I refuse to use eBay this day forward, and will make it a point to tell others to boycott eBay should they express consideration of using the site.

The worst part is that I was trying to compromise with the seller for the item not arriving in May (the promised time for delivery). I decided to wait. Turns out that was the worst thing to do. After 60 days eBay refuses to help you get a refund and eBay makes it impossible to leave feedback for scam artists. I literally created an account on this platform to leave this review and to do my due diligence to help others not make the same mistake I had using eBay. I am giving eBay 0 stars because it is littered with scam artists, they fail to build a platform that fails to root out scam artists, and eBay support fails at their job to keep honest user's interests in mind. The fact that eBay refuses to help me get a refund translates to the fact they they support this behavior from their service.

Original review: July 6, 2020

DO NOT USE eBay!!! I signed up for an account. About 15 minutes later they suspended my account. I listed NOTHING, sold NOTHING, purchased NOTHING. They claim that there are SEVERAL policy issues with my account and that “This is purely a business decision, as we are not comfortable with your business model and selling practices”. Remember that I listed, sold, and purchased NOTHING. How in the world can there be SEVERAL “severe” issues with my account when I had it for 15 minutes???

To top it off they will not tell me what the issue is. They state "In order to protect our guidelines from being circumvented or manipulated, we decide not to provide the specific reason to our members" Which to me says that they are not telling their members what policies they are being held to. I am trustworthy and it infuriates me that they won't even tell me what the issues are so I can fix whatever they feel is wrong. A good business would do so. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY. If they can treat a new customer this way then they cannot be trusted.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Ordered a new open box iPhone from Amazing Wireless. Received a phone with a totally smashed screen. Immediately contacted seller and was told I would get a prepaid return label and a full refund. I returned the phone accordingly and it took two month and multiple emails to get my money back. In the end it was PayPal who refunded the money, not eBay! I left feedback stating my experience, but a few days later ebay removed my feedback. Therefore beware, you cannot rely on ebay’s seller ratings.

Original review: July 4, 2020

eBay uses unscrupulous sellers that do not deliver on their products such as Newparts (or partscontainer) and therefore it is important that buyers avoid using eBay. Use Amazon instead. It is also very difficult to receive a refund on the non-delivered item also.

eBay Company Information