3.63/5
Based on 4,407 ratings submitted in the last year

4575 eBay Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

The automated system sucks, sorry eBay. The system never hears me correctly nor does it understand complex issues like the one I had. Tip for future callers: Say, "I want to speak with a representative" and if you're lucky, the system will recognize what you said and pass you through. Now, I spoke with a great woman named Tanya from Texas. She creatively resolved my problem and was enthusiastic while doing so. Easily the best customer service representative I've come in contact with. Great charisma, she deserves a raise. -Jake

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been doing business with eBay for 20 years?! Overseas and within my own country (USA) I have been both a seller and customer. I have been both upset and satisfied with selling and buying. Honestly more satisfied than unhappy! I will never cheat on eBay with Amazon or any other "big market" site (well wish.com here and there????). But overall I don't think anyone would ever completely understand how much we have saved over all these years, literally we have probably saved by now hundreds if not thousands and thousands of dollars using eBay! eBay has been NUMBER ONE 1, financially, logically even mentally and physically, it has benefited us more positively than any other marketplace online and I will never go against my own review of eBay regardless of a couple crummy sellers who managed to squeeze through the terms' rules and regulations, ended up selling a knockoff brand, or going against another similar policy or such, etc...

Nothing like that can tarnish our ideas about how fantastic eBay is and has always been for us! The world isn't perfect. It's flawed so much more than eBay if you REALLY REALLY think about it in comparison to a few ideas leaning in favor of seller or buyer, like the scheme; "money back guarantee" (understandably not fair for sellers). BUT honestly think about HOW much MORE you gained from eBay than lost!! I'm almost positive that there are more success stories than fails, in all 20 (?) Years eBay has been around working for YOU. Come on. You all know you've SAVED money and/or gained with eBay than lost. You all know I'm right!??? Let your Prejudiced thoughts or jealousies go, come on people. Just admit how much we love eBay. Come on. Cooommmme onnnnn???? ** Okay anyways we "heart" eBay!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've been on eBay for 19 years as a buyer and seller and have tipped the scales between the two frequently. :) People are always quick to leave bad feedback for eBay... and I'm sure there were times in the past that I would have too. HOWEVER, they have improved by leaps and bounds on customer service and support. The support staff is knowledgeable and has been trained very well. In past years they would route their CS support via India and I had trouble understanding thru heavy accents. This is no longer the case. After having more options as a seller available, I can say that I appreciate eBay more than in the past. Ebay versus Tradesy: eBay is the winner (faster payouts, better customer service and broader audience). Ebay versus Poshmark: too different to compare. Give eBay another chance. I did and the benefits are real.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

An issue where a buyer made a false complaint and wanted to return the item and when I received it noted that several items had been taken away from it, which put me at risk of losing a considerable amount. eBay heard and understood my frustration and after conducting their investigation concluded with me not having the end result be taking a loss. I appreciated their genuine care as this is normally lost with a company as large as eBay. But if everyone handled their business this way the world would be a much more pleasant place... A small but happy fish in the sea of eBay users...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hello, I've been an eBay buyer for many years!!! I really wish there was a way the customer can leave a star rating feedback on how well the item purchased was packaged. The postal service is bound to give a lil damage to boxes, etc. As for the sellers go, I run across very smart packagers & very bad ones where my item end up being damaged. I think this is a very overlooked issue & should be brought to attention when it comes to the star rating system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I received a very confusing statement from the resolution center. I went to see what it was and accidentally clicked on the wrong button because there were no instructions and before I knew it, the computer was automatically refunding money to a buyer that I had already sold an item two weeks ago. I immediately called eBay to stop the transaction and they gave me the biggest runaround. I then contacted PayPal and got the same thing. I have emailed the buyer asking for her to do the right thing and send the money back to me but I know just as well as eBay knows that it will never happen so basically the buyer got the item for free and I’m out of 101$. EBay is no help and I recommend using a different site to sell on!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My recent experience with buying something through an eBay seller was the worst on-line purchasing experience I have ever had. I have been shopping on-line for years, but had not used eBay in a very long time. Coincidentally, the last time I did I also had a bad experience. All I was asking was for my shipping address to be corrected. I must have called eBay at least 10 times. They were totally unhelpful. They made promises that were not kept, and each time I called I got the same parroted responses. I had written to the seller directly asking for my shipping address to be corrected. The seller completely ignored my messages.

When I asked eBay for help, they declined repeatedly to do anything until the seller had more time to respond. Needless to say, the item was delivered to the wrong address. And to add insult to injury, they cheated me out of approximately $5 when they finally deigned to refund my money. I will NEVER buy through eBay again! Caveat emptor! Let the buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Why is it with eBay when you buy a item off their site and item does not turn up they mention you are covered money back guarantee which you are. What they do not mention until your ITM does not turn up you will be waiting for 10 days to work it out even though you can not work it out with seller. You have to wait. What is more annoying is they say they take action over this but can not tell you what action sellers with bad feedback and complaints which outline the same thing. eBay see this but still have seller doing the same things again and again. They're more interested in making commission of a sale and spinning us a load of rubbish.

Sick of them. Shutting my account with them soon. Got no time anymore for liars that say they take action but can not tell you. How are we to believe that when you see these sellers doing it week in and week out the same thing to customers and eBay agrees with it. Must do to have them breaching contracts left, right and center. Plenty of better shopping sites out there. Stay away. 10 years I've been a customer. Too long. No more. Should be called Sting Bay.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I feel that eBay is TERRIBLE at handling customer complaints and RETURNS. Their process for this is TERRIBLE and FRUSTRATING. TRY to AVOID dealing with this website for RETURNS or COMPLAINTS. I have had at least two experiences where I wanted to return defective items (a DVD/VHS recorder and a hearing aid). If the vendor is not responsive or unable to agree upon a solution, eBay IS NO HELP AT ALL AND YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK. JUST FRUSTRATION AND NO REFUND. I don't know which I dread more dealing with eBay or vendor on defective products.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I listed an item and was very very very elaborate in my description. I posted ten pictures of the item as well. I selected NO RETURNS as a selling option. The buyer gave a bogus excuse (“not as described”) and eBay allowed the return and debuted my account without investigation. The item was practically new and in perfect working condition. I made multiple calls to ask why this would be allowed and eBay promised that once the return is received that they will investigate not forcing me to accept the refund. I received the item back and called again at which point they advise that if the buyer selects “not as described” as a return reason they automatically get a refund.

eBay Company Information