eBay
3.61/5
Based on 4,334 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

eBay

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

eBay Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

MSI B450 MORTAR MAX. The box was neat and informative. Cool design. I pair this with my Ryzen 3600 and out of the box, works great. I put my PATRIOT 16GB Viper 4 DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT in the wrong order and on the first boot, I got image message how to change positions of the modules. After that, worked great. SATA ports maybe are the only issue that I have, position could be better. But everything else is just great. Build quality is good. User manual is really informative. BIOS is really simple and informative. As a performant go, I'm graphic designer and putting my Ryzen 3600 to the max work really good. No issues at all. The good VRMs, able to overclock my R5 3600 are here. SB 3.2 ports, 2 in the front, 6 in the back, (1x type C Gen2, 1x type A Gen2, 4x type A Gen1). Total of 8. USB 2.0 ports (4x front, 2x back). In all, 14 USB ports. And you know, MSI is creator of MSI Afterburner. ;)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I would like to start off my review stating that I've ordered items many times and I've always been pleased with the results. One time I had a t-shirt that was a little too small, but the customer service and company it came from both solved my problem. I have never other than that 1 time had a problem with either my orders, getting ahold of customer service, or had a bad customer service experience. I think eBay is a great legitimate company that works to keep its customers, treat their customers well, and do their best to keep customers happy and coming back. It's one of the few who do that in online shopping. I also have another favorite but now is not the time to review it. I'm very pleased with eBay and I will continue to order merchandise from them far into the future.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been doing business with eBay for 20 years?! Overseas and within my own country (USA) I have been both a seller and customer. I have been both upset and satisfied with selling and buying. Honestly more satisfied than unhappy! I will never cheat on eBay with Amazon or any other "big market" site (well wish.com here and there????). But overall I don't think anyone would ever completely understand how much we have saved over all these years, literally we have probably saved by now hundreds if not thousands and thousands of dollars using eBay! eBay has been NUMBER ONE 1, financially, logically even mentally and physically, it has benefited us more positively than any other marketplace online and I will never go against my own review of eBay regardless of a couple crummy sellers who managed to squeeze through the terms' rules and regulations, ended up selling a knockoff brand, or going against another similar policy or such, etc...

Nothing like that can tarnish our ideas about how fantastic eBay is and has always been for us! The world isn't perfect. It's flawed so much more than eBay if you REALLY REALLY think about it in comparison to a few ideas leaning in favor of seller or buyer, like the scheme; "money back guarantee" (understandably not fair for sellers). BUT honestly think about HOW much MORE you gained from eBay than lost!! I'm almost positive that there are more success stories than fails, in all 20 (?) Years eBay has been around working for YOU. Come on. You all know you've SAVED money and/or gained with eBay than lost. You all know I'm right!??? Let your Prejudiced thoughts or jealousies go, come on people. Just admit how much we love eBay. Come on. Cooommmme onnnnn???? ** Okay anyways we "heart" eBay!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've been on eBay for 19 years as a buyer and seller and have tipped the scales between the two frequently. :) People are always quick to leave bad feedback for eBay... and I'm sure there were times in the past that I would have too. HOWEVER, they have improved by leaps and bounds on customer service and support. The support staff is knowledgeable and has been trained very well. In past years they would route their CS support via India and I had trouble understanding thru heavy accents. This is no longer the case. After having more options as a seller available, I can say that I appreciate eBay more than in the past. Ebay versus Tradesy: eBay is the winner (faster payouts, better customer service and broader audience). Ebay versus Poshmark: too different to compare. Give eBay another chance. I did and the benefits are real.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

An issue where a buyer made a false complaint and wanted to return the item and when I received it noted that several items had been taken away from it, which put me at risk of losing a considerable amount. eBay heard and understood my frustration and after conducting their investigation concluded with me not having the end result be taking a loss. I appreciated their genuine care as this is normally lost with a company as large as eBay. But if everyone handled their business this way the world would be a much more pleasant place... A small but happy fish in the sea of eBay users...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Do not buy from autos from Ebay. They deleted my negative review of a dealer who scammed me. One week after I wrote an honest, but negative review, Ebay deleted it from the dealer's record. That means many dealers who look good may actually be bad - you can't trust Ebay reviews.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

FYI – All eBay Sellers. Beware of any email from Users in New Castle Delaware. Since 2013 eBay has been aware of a scams generated from the address below and has not stopped fake eBay users from using this address to register as buyers? ** as well as many other numbers on McCullough Dr. If you Google “**” “Ukraine Express or Total Trans logistics LLC in New Castle, DE” and “Scam” you will find numerous pages and websites about this, including eBay itself, who claims to have never heard of this problem or address? This is very convenient for them for not paying back victims of fraud.

I sold a camera for $3100 on eBay on November 13th to an eBay buyer with positive feedback on the 13th of November. Right before I shipped the item I received an email saying to please ship it to **, because he would be taking care of his mother. It’s my fault that I didn’t notice the wrong user name, which turned out to be jonwo_98 with (0) feedback who only registered the day before on November 12th. Yet another example of a fraudulent user signing up from this well-known and well used scam address!

How is it that eBay robots patrol all of our eBay email messages from sellers and buyers to make sure we’re not up to any side deals or sending our phone numbers to each other. Yet eBay can’t use those same robots to catch this same address for at least six years? I called in twice to eBay, they said I was responsible, yet eBay’s own Global Fraud Division is working with local Delaware Detectives on this address/scam. Don’t take my word for it, please contact Det. Greg **. Delaware State Police. Troop 2. Criminal Investigations Unit (Financial Crimes). **

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Having used Ebay for more years than I care to remember, I needed them to step in and help when 2 items did not arrive at my brother in law's. He has received many parcels previously (with us ordering on his behalf) but these final 2 did not arrive. Both companies said they were delivered to a different number, there was an illegible signature for one and a name for the other. The number they gave is a business who checked their CCTV footage and discovered there had been no deliveries either on 4th or 6th November. The company was even willing to send Ebay the evidence. Despite me pointing out that these companies had breached their contract by taking money and not delivering, Ebay ruled in favour of the seller and an appeal was refused within minutes of me making it. I could never trust Ebay to look after my interests again and will never use them again. Don't rely on the resolution centre to help you if you are in the right.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Ebay does not protect the seller. They did not care about the actual situation and that the buyer LIED! They did not review my listing or correspondence in order to make a fair and reasonable decision. They simply gave the buyer the refund and I have to pay the return shipping for an item that was advertised clearly and correctly. EBAY SUCKS. If you are a seller, find another place to do your business. EBAY will screw you over. Oh - I forgot to mention I am a 20 yr member and the buyer they ruled for opened their account in May. Interesting, huh?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I had a seller account with a spotless record for over a decade and they ended up screwing me over for chump change. A buyer filed a refund claim for an item I sold to them (first refund claim ever filed against me) but I challenged it and eBay ruled in my favor (buyer's remorse). The buyer later filed a fraudulent refund claim with PayPal and won. I lost the money on a perfectly legitimate sale and eBay still wants me to pay the fees. I told eBay that PayPal stole your fees so get it from them and close my account because eBay is unable to protect its sellers from fraudulent refund claims. Needless to say, eBay didn't close my account and still asking me for the fees.

Ebay has been in a steady decline for years. It treats sellers poorly with price-gouging fees and selling policies that maximizes eBay's profits which often hurt sellers' ability to make a profit. The decent, honest sellers have been steadily replaced by dubious sellers and scammers. My advice is to stay far away from eBay. It's a marketplace that you're more likely to be fleeced. For that matter, avoid PayPal transactions, too. It's no surprise that PayPal is crooked since eBay once owned them.

eBay Company Information