eBay

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

While my experience shopping on eBay is very good, it often becomes overwhelming with so many things for sale. I get lost trying to find my way around the site. It is time consuming and labor intensive. My money is very tight and so it takes me a long time to find my item, search for the best buy, and decide. I lose my place and sometimes struggle to get back to my original page.

Prices on eBay are competitive and often cheaper than anywhere else, only probably Walmart can beat them. Great website. However, items are not as described, customer service is nonchalant and getting refunds is almost impossible. They should be pickier on who they let sell. They need to step up to the plate and help customers more. But purchasing process is good and selection of products is great! I would certainly buy again and again.

My overall experience with eBay has been good. Typically we can find the product we are looking for, for the price we are willing to pay. We have been on the buying end and also the selling end. It is harder as a seller because it seems everyone wants to negotiate your price down by 75% of what you were asking if you put the option "or offer" on your listing, which means the person is actually willing to negotiate to the price a bit. Or offer means give me a reasonable offer, not "This item is pretty much free and I will take whatever you will give me."

But some things that I like about eBay are that they have a wide variety of products, you are not limited to just your region of the country as most anything can be shipped. But there are pros and cons to every store that you shop at. One thing about eBay is that you will find people that will try to take advantage of you either in the price of the product, the shipping charges or both. eBay is an on-line garage sale as far as I am concerned and people need to remember that when they are setting the prices.

There was a lot of what I was looking for and a different color variety. I like how you can buy used or new. I also like how you can message the seller and how you can use PayPal. Paypal has always been amazing and it is very easy to work with. If the person with the item tries to say trick you out on the product you buy, PayPal will give your money back. Some things are expensive. They could also sell fakes and say it is real and you spend all that money for something you think is real but it's really fake.

It was a rather wonderful experience shopping on eBay for things. I shopped around for some video games for my Xbox one and really enjoyed it. I found quite a few different choices and ultimately chose to buy whatever I could afford. The ability to use Pay after Delivery on ebay.com using PayPal really helps when you don't have the right amount of funds to properly purchase the items you are interested in. I like everything about ebay.com and shopping online in general.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?

One of the best things about eBay is the wide variety of items you can look for as well as a wide range of prices. It has everything you could want when searching for a product. I like the easy search tool. Was able to easily locate what I wanted to buy as well as the easy way to check if it's a good seller or not. However, don't like the color of the webpage and wish it was quicker with the bid times. Not a fan of the bidding as you never know who may be bidding against you.

For the most part eBay was really good, only had one problem with one seller and customer service took a very long time to reply back to me. But overall product selection and purchasing process was great. What I like about eBay.com is that you can find any and everything that you are looking for. Whether it be new or used I'm pretty sure you'll find it. What I dislike like about eBay.com is that you cannot trust everyone on there. They have your money and I sit and hope that I get my item and they are not a scam.

eBay has the widest variety of items I have ever seen. There is nothing you cannot find there. I like the different ways you can order something...like bidding or buying it now, etc. If you're not in a hurry to receive your order, then go with the bidding. If you need it sooner, you can order using Buy it Now. However, I dislike the wait times of the auctions sometimes. I also hate waiting for my package to arrive. Nevertheless, eBay is the store I run to when I need something. I cannot wait to order something again. I would recommend shopping on eBay to anyone.

I was so satisfied with the purchase and I always find everything I'm looking for. They have excellent promotions and a great variety of items and prices. Their services are excellent, fast and very valuables. But sometimes the specifications of the items are not so clear, and they become confusing. The needed specification that each customer must know about some products are not complete. However, they have a great support service, they always answer me anything and any question I have.

It's easy to purchase and you can get a wide variety of things you can't get elsewhere. It's easy to tell if someone is a reliable seller based on their feedback so that's helpful too. I like that you can shop from so many places with unique products. Plus you can buy new or used depending on what your preference is. But mainly from a selling perspective, there are things I don't like. It's expensive and the fees charged (especially charging a percent on postage) to me are really outrageous.

It has been good, easy to use and convenient. Usually the prices are comparable to other discount websites and I often find what I'm looking for easily. Also, I like the ease of the search engine - easy to narrow down but also nice for searching a broad range of items. I like that you can find deals and find 'hard to find' items that may not be at other traditional stores. I also like that anybody can sell their used "junk" and quite possibly make some good money off of it rather than throw it out or donate it. However, I don't like that the security is not 100% guaranteed. For instance, you can purchase an item and pay and then never receive the product and lose your money.

Ebay is convenient and a great place to shop from home. All items are good brands, they have fast shipping and they're a reputable company. They're filled with desirable items and all item for all types of people. There's a lot of variety and for all ages. They give you great refund if you are not happy. The best part is when you can go to any drop places to drop your items or pick them up.

Overall, I have had a good experience using eBay. I have only had one experience where the product was not as expected. However, after contacting customer service, the issue was resolved in a timely matter and my money was refunded. I like that I can find things that are hard to find anywhere else. I like that I can use gift cards to shop at eBay, and they have a guarantee. I also like that if I can't find something right away, if I come back later, I may be able to find it. But, I don't always like the bidding process. Sometimes I want to buy things outright. While this option is available for many items, it's not for all of them.

eBay is a great store to find just about everything you are looking for. I have never been disappointed with any of my purchases. I have looked up just about any product you want and can find it. People are generally honest with what they are selling so pretty much have had good experiences. Customer service is good, they will help you address any issues you may have. l like the buy it now feature, which is what always use, no hassle this way with the auction and then being disappointed that you didn't win. I can still find all the things I want. Once in a while a purchase doesn't do well and you may have some hassle because you don't receive the product you purchase but eventually it all gets worked out. But those are far and few between. Otherwise I like eBay and buy stuff on there all the time.

I found good deals, got a fair price, had good experiences every time. I've never had to return anything or had a bad experience with buying or selling. I like that there were a lot of free shipping offers and good people who try to be honest about their items. Everyone ships quickly. I don't like though when things are overpriced or shipping charges are outrageous! I won't buy clothing on there because the prices are ridiculously overpriced.

For my most recent purchase from eBay, I purchased model parts directly from a Chinese company. It took 6 weeks to obtain and the product was delivered as expected in quality and shipping time. They have much available that cannot be found elsewhere. I usually check Amazon first, then compare product pricing, quality, and descriptions with what is available on e-bay. Prices and quality vary widely, often exceeding the value of the object, or of poorer quality. I have seen things that cost more than what is available in local retail stores.

I enjoy shopping at eBay.com because they have a wide variety of items and anytime I look for a item, they usually have what I'm looking for at a reasonable price. I have always been satisfied with the item I purchased. And the shipping is reasonable and always deliver in a short period of time. I will continue shopping there for all my shopping needs for me and anyone else that is looking for a specific item.

I love the variety of products and I like that I can see the rating of the seller, it gives me more confidence in buying. It is fairly easy to narrow down product selection and buying is easy through PayPal. I like the format, the search factor, and the recommendations made. I also like that I can watch auctions and I can get a text near the end of an auction. But sometimes the search turns an overwhelming amount of items and I get frustrated and give up without buying anything.

What I like most about shopping on eBay was the fact that the deals was amazing. I could find my items for the cheapest price. On top of that the customer service was excellent in answering all of my questions, comments and concerns about certain items What I also like about eBay is being able to shop for items that was useful for me. I really enjoyed this online shopping experience.

Experience can be frustrating but find what you're looking for at times. Easy to checkout with PayPal, can be exciting and fun, spontaneous. You can also find rare items and reasonable prices at times, more unique items. But, you miss out on items or you forget to bid on something, can get ripped off sometimes and have high fees when you're selling items.

Overall my experience with eBay is neutral. I like that there is so much variety to buy and you can find vintage items that are no longer sold in stores. In fact, I've bought one and had it delivered as promised. I also like that it makes it convenient for you to sell your wares. However, I don't like that the people selling/buying are not vetted. I've had people try to buy my item and never send me the money. I don't like that people can misrepresent the product they are selling and send you something different.

I've used eBay quite a bit and have always received great service and products. I like how easy it is to use, the amount of product selections, the safety of using eBay, and knowing that if something happens eBay will do what they can to fix the problem. I've had nothing but good experiences and I love shopping there.

It helps with knowing the going rate people will give for used items and the kinds of things I could sell even elsewhere and to try almost anything I have. But it became too much trouble to keep checking back to see if an item is mine or not and then have to look for another, I ended up spending more. And it was fine until a seller sent the wrong item, claimed I defrauded him, but reported me as the fraudster to eBay and kept me off - obviously not a fair system.

I initiated a return through eBay for an item purchased; the item was not as described. EBay opened a return request. I requested a return label. The seller, (today199910), stated he was unable to send a return label. EBay emailed me and informed me the seller was unable to send a return label. EBay advised me to work out the return shipping with the seller, "the seller is responsible for return shipping". The seller, via eBay email, requested I return the item USPS with a tracking number. I returned via USPS with a tracking number; the item was received. I was refunded the initial cost of the item. The seller asked me to wait 5 days for the return shipping cost to be refunded. After 10 days, no refund and no reply.

I contacted eBay and was advised the agreement to return ship was outside of eBay and eBay would NOT refund the return shipping cost and eBay was unable to require the seller to refund it. The representative cited, I didn't call for help from eBay before returning the item, and that the seller has options other than for me to pay for shipping.

After discussion with the representative, I requested to make a complaint about the eBay policy. The representative advised me that the conversation was "recorded". The representative eventually transferred me to another division that informed me that eBay would start an "investigation" into the seller but I would not be privy to the outcome. The item was removed from my account. It is no longer listed under items purchased or returned. I was unable to leave a review. After I finished my call, I received an email from Bbay of an update to changes to the eBay User Agreement. Of course it includes returns. The return shipping cost was approximately $60.

This is a nice company to do business with and does a good job overall with not many to no bad issues. It's a nice company to buy stuff you need whether they're used or new or if you have a interest in selling something. I like the stuff on the site and the connection between people wanting more stuff and where to buy it at. I would recommend all to shop and sell there.

I have bought several items from eBay, and I have had an excellent experience. It is fairly easy to use - I like how I can type in a search for a specific brand of product, and I can pull up multiple items to choose from. I also like how they do their website - everything is easy to see and look at. All of my transactions have been very smooth and easy to complete. Purchasing products was also easy using PayPal.

I like that you can find things that you may not find anywhere else anymore although it is loaded with scams and you never can easily find things on eBay that are not too much money. I dislike the pricing of the products, the sellers, the products, the things and fake sellers. The people are selling fake items and lying about descriptions. Overall, it is a lot of work to use the site as it is hard to find what you want and things that are not overpriced. It is not quality.

The process was simple and I received my items quickly and efficiently. The wide spectrum of available items was impressive. I like the ease of price comparison and simplicity of the advanced search filtering system. It made it easy to identify the objects I was searching for in the price range that I was willing to pay. It was a good experience. There was very little to complain about. The only thing initially was finding a method I was comfortable was secure to use. After deciding to use PayPal, it took additional time to get that service set up. That really is as much an issue with PayPal as eBay.

It was a very good experience shopping on ebay.com. They have a great selection and prices on a lot of great item - new or used. They always seem to have the items I am looking for. It's a great place for all my needs and I like to shop there. There's nothing I really dislike about eBay.

I ordered Lavish 706 Milani Lipstick. I had been looking for some time with all other companies stating they were either out of stock or the item has been discontinued. But lo & behold LaVerne's Looks at eBay had the lipstick. Now I realize that this was a monetarily low number sale, but this kind of scam adds up because most people won't complain about something under 10 bucks, so LaVerne's Looks 3100 Red Oak circle Burnsville MN, takes your order and your money & just throws any lipstick into the bag preferred shipping.

I order a pink Lavish #706, & they sell me a dark burgundy brown 216 "Appropriately named classy." I'd save it for Halloween, but I'm too disgusted with myself for falling for some fly by night con game. So ladies if the reputable companies don't have our products in Stock neither does any eBay company business, this review is written in the hope that no one be taken by LaVerne's Looks again.. I personally think they have been playing this con for a while...

eBay Company Profile