eBay

eBay
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5
Based on 4,293 ratings submitted in the last year

eBay Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I have been buying from eBay for over 20 years, and recently I placed an order that was sent to another address which has nothing to do with mine, and I have not changed my address in all this time. To crown the mess, eBay has no record of my transactions, either prior or this one I am referring to. The seller says the wrong address is the one that shows for me in ebay, so after all these years I decided to close my account with them. It is totally frustrating and upsetting that a webplace like that is messed up so badly. I am not buying from ebay anymore.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Ten percent of all I sell goes to eBay. They even charge you a percentage of what YOU pay for postage for another bite!! Then there are fees to list my items.. Then PayPal takes a cut. Been a time consuming money losing nightmare reselling 7000.00 of memorabilia I bought from Ebay last year.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

After I sold an item one time on eBay they placed my money on a temporary 21 day hold! I wasn't notified of this policy before I received my money from the sale and shipped the item! I will never use eBay again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I purchased a bookshelf for $50 from amazingplace007 on Ebay. Days later I received a box of gelatin in the mail from Walmart. I called Walmart and reported a suspicious delivery. The representative informed me that someone ordered a bookshelf for $34.88 and was having it delivered directly to me. Because they didn't make the $35 minimum for free delivery, they added the gelatin. He asked me if I ordered from Ebay and said that there are some sellers who use this scam. The seller conveniently doesn't include the brand of the item because the buyer would recognize the Walmart brand.

I started a return and contacted the seller who told me I could only have a partial refund. He also advised me NOT to use the shipping label provided by Ebay because I would incur extra fees when he further deducted them from my refund. I complained to Ebay and was told he couldn't do that. When I asked how their policy would be enforced, I was given no answer. They will not do anything. The call ended with the representative hoping that everything would work out okay.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I noticed when vendors received a negative review from me that after a few days they just disappear from their web page. IN OTHER WORDS eBay REMOVES THE REVIEW OR EDITS THE SELLER REVIEW PAGE!!! So I really wonder for what reason we are asked to rate a seller if eBay just fixes things so everything appears to be so rosy. WHAT A BUNCH OF HORSE MANURE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I purchased a seat belt from a seller, All Four Trade Inc, in November 2019. It locked up before installation so I tried to contact seller. The seller said they had no record of my purchase so I contacted eBay. They sent me to the dispute escalation department which turned out to be Paypal. I explained my case and they told me not to worry about anything. I went on vacation and did not take the jammed seat belt with me, go figure. Long story short, Ebay would not help with the transaction and I even sent back the item as they suggested. The seller refuses to return my money for the purchase or the shipment. The whole fiasco has taken hours of my time and been very frustrating as I hit one wall after another. I will never purchase another item off of Ebay.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I have purchased 100's of autographed cards, jerseys, and other memorabilia thru Ebay this year alone not counting in the past. Most recently I purchased 36 autographed cards (Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, Walter Payton, etc.) over about a 6 week period. I send all hard signed items to Beckett, PSA, or someone else for authentication. Every card that I sent off for grading would not pass authentication. Meaning they are "fakes". After filing a claim with Ebay I have received most of my money back but not all of my original purchases. I have not been given a penny for the authentication fees which is as much as the cost of the cards.

This seller has a 100% rating with over 4000 transactions. How? I did a review on all the purchases from this seller letting other buyers know that the cards are not authentic. Ebay pulled all my reviews because that I received money back from the seller. The seller now has listed some of the fake cards again which he sells 30 or so every week on auctions. A month ago I purchased a autographed baseball jersey from another seller. When I received the jersey it did not match the photos of the jersey that I had purchased. Pictured was a jersey with team insignias, world series, patches on both sleeves. The jersey that I received had nothing on the sleeves. The seller told me that it was not a big deal and offered me nothing off my purchase. I returned the jersey to the seller and wrote what small review that I was allowed by Ebay.

The seller emailed me back and told me that I was a crybaby and he was going to block me from his account. I would never buy from him again anyway. Once again Ebay pulled my review on this seller and told me that the seller paid me back and that I could not leave a negative review. Ebay is either part of the solution or the problem. Ebay has allowed seller to openly commit fraud against buyers just to receive their selling fees. This is only 2 of 15 or 20 cases like this that I have had happen to me in the past 3 or 4 years. Other buyers don't really know about a lot of the seller because of the protections that Ebay affords them. I have cut back from Ebay and try to use other vendors for my purchases whenever possible.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Absolutely the worst customers service! As a seller I was calling to question the new practice of charging my customers sales tax since I am in a state that does not have sales tax. The first person I spoke to was "Glenn". He could give me much information other than a standardized speech so I asked to speak to a supervisor. "Peter" the supervisor go on the line with me. He was horrible to say the least. He spoke over the top of me, he was condescending and rude! I simply wanted to know who and when this tax issues was mandated. "Peter" went all around the issue and finally gave me the answer I was looking for...mandated by the Supreme court, only he couldn't say Supreme Court. He said Supreme Ruler.

In his speech all around the issue he told me he knew what he was talking about and that I would need to get the details from my state tax expert (I live in Oregon and we do not have sales tax). When I pointed this fact out to him he got even more condescending towards me. As a seller, as a user, and as a 70 year old woman I resent my treatment by Ebay customer service. I may move over to Amazon in the future for my sales as I will not stand for this abuse from a company I do business with!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I use eBay for many years both seller and buyer. Recently I put for sale a gift card of 500 $ from Delta. The item was purchased and paid Nov 29. I sent the gift card information by mail to the buyer Nov 30. Dec 2 the buyer said that the information arrived and the gift card was used. To make the story short after investigation with the airline it was disclosed to me that Dec 1 someone from Philippines purchased a ticket to the US from Philippines. When I called eBay they told me I was protected and I will be paid as I am protected. This decision was overturned twice and the final decision by eBay was to restrict my account even after I explained them it was not my fault.

Ebay has an answering service and resolution team in the Philippines. I suspect that there is a collusion between the local representatives and the hacker who stole my private information. It is common knowledge that philippine is one of the biggest harbour of hackers and EBAY is helping them access our info. Every time I call eBay in the past month I get the Philippines office. I am tired of calling them in order to get a US rep. Be aware.

Resolution response: Dec. 26, 2019

I was too hasty to write the initial review. In hindsight, it was Christmas Eve and maybe they were short in staff. Anyway, I called again and the issue got resolved and a refund was issued.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I am writing this review while I am on hold with customer service for over 51 minutes. I initially called customer service and requested a callback which I received. The person on the other end seemed courteous but told me that the issue required a specialist and put me on hold and I am still holding after 51 minutes.

eBay Company Information