eBay
3.63/5
Based on 4,408 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

eBay

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

4598 eBay Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Ebay is a bunch of crooks in the event of not winning a dispute as a seller. I ended up having to pay the shipping fee to send an item which the buyer ended up wanting to return. Ebay always sides on the buyer's side so I sent the customer a return label to ship the item back to me. After, not receiving the item back, the item was refunded back to the seller. On top of that, I tried to get at least the final value fee credited back to me and they said that they could not even refund the final value fee after it has gone through the resolutions team. I have been a long time ebay member and bought and sold items for years and will no longer do business with Ebay for this horrible experience. I just wanted to get at least the final value fee of $4.24 credit back and they would not even give me that courtesy. Penalized 3 times for a sale is not fair.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I purchased a Kindle DX 9.7 inch e-reader from seller for $149.99. Amazon said they could not register the unit in my name because it had been reported as "lost or stolen" by a previous owner. The seller provided me with the necessary return paperwork and I promptly returned the merchandise. Seller promised to refund the full amount of the purchase but has failed to do so in over two months. eBay claims that there is nothing they can do after a claim has been opened with Paypal. Paypal claims there is nothing they can do since a case was filed with my credit card company. My credit card claim was closed when seller promised to pay the refund. I found eBay unable or incapable of helping to resolve any issue with one of their sellers. Their e-robots are nearly impossible to talk to and cause more problems, absolutely worthless.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Be aware, buyers deprived of the opportunity on eBay to leave the negative feedback when the parcel has not arrived because eBay removes the feedback link after 50 days of the purchase, but the estimated delivery is usually over 50 days. So, if the parcel did not arrive before 50 days leave negative feedback for other buyers. Otherwise, you will not have a chance to do so.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I selected to not receive items from China. I bought an item I wasn't aware was coming from China. I waited 2 months for the item. Seller kept saying it was on its way. My company transferred me. I told eBay of my problem. I never received the item or a refund. I asked eBay to step in and they refused.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I’ve had numerous situations lately where there were holds on my money for weeks after items were delivered. I was told over and over they would release the funds and it would credit within 24 hours. Two weeks later and 4 phone calls, still nothing. They also charged me 67 dollars in seller fees on items that did not sale. Yet again I was told the $67 would be credited to my account as seller fees typically come out of the purchase price and the item did NOT sale. Someone bid on the item two different occasions and never paid so the listings were cancelled..again the rep says “it will post back to your account within 24 hours.” Another week later and I’m still sitting here without any of the money Ebay owes me. I mean what the actual???? If this isn’t resolved very soon, I’ll be reporting this to the BBB. Use amazon. Sell and buy on amazon. These issues do not happen there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

On August 23, 2019 when I want to log in to my ebay account the screen displayed 'Your account had been blocked". I checked my back-up credit card I used for ebay they illegally charged more than a hundred dollars of fees even the next payment date is a month away. They illegally shut down my account without giving me any notice. Without any clue I have my husband call them and was provided the vague reason by different people for shutting down my account. Basically on the phone their attitude is, "I don't want to talk to you anymore. Your account had been ceased and we will not reinstate your account no matter what." I will file the complaint to BBB and details followed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Sold an item on eBay an iPhone Aug 10th 2019 & in the ad I pointed out minor damage/scratches & in the description by encircling in orange the uploaded images & added specific details to that effect so a buyer read and make an educated decision. A buyer saw the ad, bought phone, used it, put a passcode on it, used it, locked it to an ICLOUD account and returned it after he claimed the screen was broken. I tried 4 times with eBay to hold buyer accountable for his actions which violates eBay policy, yet they refunded the customer in full from my PayPal account in spite of my appeals & objections. I provided eBay with solid proof that the returned phone was locked yet they ignored all the facts & denied my request for compensation time after time. eBay ruled 1st time in my favor, then reversed decision even after I presented the evidence that buyer was committing fraud.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I received a very confusing statement from the resolution center. I went to see what it was and accidentally clicked on the wrong button because there were no instructions and before I knew it, the computer was automatically refunding money to a buyer that I had already sold an item two weeks ago. I immediately called eBay to stop the transaction and they gave me the biggest runaround. I then contacted PayPal and got the same thing. I have emailed the buyer asking for her to do the right thing and send the money back to me but I know just as well as eBay knows that it will never happen so basically the buyer got the item for free and I’m out of 101$. EBay is no help and I recommend using a different site to sell on!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My recent experience with buying something through an eBay seller was the worst on-line purchasing experience I have ever had. I have been shopping on-line for years, but had not used eBay in a very long time. Coincidentally, the last time I did I also had a bad experience. All I was asking was for my shipping address to be corrected. I must have called eBay at least 10 times. They were totally unhelpful. They made promises that were not kept, and each time I called I got the same parroted responses. I had written to the seller directly asking for my shipping address to be corrected. The seller completely ignored my messages.

When I asked eBay for help, they declined repeatedly to do anything until the seller had more time to respond. Needless to say, the item was delivered to the wrong address. And to add insult to injury, they cheated me out of approximately $5 when they finally deigned to refund my money. I will NEVER buy through eBay again! Caveat emptor! Let the buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Why is it with eBay when you buy a item off their site and item does not turn up they mention you are covered money back guarantee which you are. What they do not mention until your ITM does not turn up you will be waiting for 10 days to work it out even though you can not work it out with seller. You have to wait. What is more annoying is they say they take action over this but can not tell you what action sellers with bad feedback and complaints which outline the same thing. eBay see this but still have seller doing the same things again and again. They're more interested in making commission of a sale and spinning us a load of rubbish.

Sick of them. Shutting my account with them soon. Got no time anymore for liars that say they take action but can not tell you. How are we to believe that when you see these sellers doing it week in and week out the same thing to customers and eBay agrees with it. Must do to have them breaching contracts left, right and center. Plenty of better shopping sites out there. Stay away. 10 years I've been a customer. Too long. No more. Should be called Sting Bay.

eBay Company Information