eBay

eBay

3.8/5 (4211 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: July 1, 2021

I listed an item with "Not working for parts, as is, no returns." Buyer claimed he was expecting operational and new item not not working for parts. EBay favored buyer and took money twice off my account without even confirming that item never shipped back. Will be staying away.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I bought an eyeglass repair kit from eBay and the numbers on their website don’t work when you try to contact them. They shouldn’t even call themselves a company. I bought something small to give it a try and this is a bad first experience. It said my package was delivered and I don’t see it anywhere and when I try to sign in as a guest it’s like a loophole no way to contact the seller for a refund or replacement. I called a number that claim to be eBay and they said they would need me to download an app called Any Desk just to get my money back so I said, "Forget you guys and those 6 dollars". I’ll check it up as a loss but don’t buy from eBay unless you want to get scammed.

Original review: June 25, 2021

eBay buyer can return anything as long as they state ”not as described”. I sent proof to eBay that buyer was wrong and dishonest in his rationale for a return. eBay still favored the buyer in dispute. Then eBay reversed their decision and favored me in the dispute. Then eBay reversed the decision again and favored buyer. Buyer then was refunded what he paid for the watch and kept my watch. eBay did not assist me in getting my watch back. I will cancel my eBay membership that I have had for years. I wasn’t aware of these draconian rules of eBay that favors the buyer always. The internet is full of lawsuits and complaints regarding this issue.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Not even a month of being on eBay, eBay has kicked me off for no reason and will not tell me why BUT they are also holding $2200.00 of money I made from selling. They have cut me off from chatting with them and have not responded back to my MANY emails asking when they are going to release my funds. They are most likely come up with some excuse to the reason of why I cannot get my money back and if they will not give me my funds. Stay away from this company if you want to start a business.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I am an Ebay seller and have been for years (even before PayPal). I deal in silver and gold coins. Ebay no longer uses Paypal and handles all transactions themselves. I recently sold a coin on Ebay and Ebay deposited $53. into my account -without a transaction summary which would have stated what the coin actually sold for, fees charged, shipping and taxes.

I had to call Ebay to find the TRUTHFUL summary of the sales and fees (they hide fees from sellers) I found that the total sale was $66. (including $4. shipping) which brought my coin sale to $62. Ebay states that they charge 12.5% on sales of this kind - - - but the math didn't add up: at a $62,00 sale I should have been charged $7.75 in fees... I was charged $8.35. I found that they charge FEES ON SHIPPING! When I calculated the $4.00 shipping charge on the sale price ($62. + $4 = $66.) the 12.5 % fees almost worked out at $8.25 in fees - but not quite. I looked further and found that Ebay ALSO charges .30 in flat fees in addition to the percent fees - AND THEY DO NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THIS ON THEIR 'TRANSACTION STATEMENT' that they send you!!

It took me over a hour to find the true statement of this single transaction: Final Value Fee Variable percentage • Coins & Paper Money category -$8.35. Rate for $0.00 - $7,500.00 12.55%. Item fee total -$8.35. Final Value Fee Per order fixed amount -$0.30. Total fees -$8.65. You have to look long and hard to find the actual number that Ebay uses as a fee basis: Fees based on: $66.57. I did, and was shocked to find that Ebay even went so far as to Charge me a 12.5% fee on shipping charges!! So, ebay is dishonest. They charge you hidden fees in addition to the very high 12.5% rate (it used to be under 10%) then they bang you with a .30 'final value' fee that is not shown - then they charge you a 12.5% fee on the shipping costs as well!! This is far from being honest and straightforward.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I had posted a few items. One was posted with a reserve buyer tried to claim it...for less. I canceled and refunded Him marmar 20 not only was he harassing but sent horrible comments to me. Second the Next item sold was not paid in full for it. eBay decided they would deduct for the cancelation and would not return my product....PLEASE AVOID EBAY. VERY ILLEGAL AND SHADY WAYS...

Original review: June 18, 2021

I bid on item, won it, went to pay and seller canceled it (found out thru email she sent me by accident asking about a "PRIVATE OFFER" so she obviously got a better offer AFTER the bidding ended) and to top it off she posts that "I" canceled the order!? I then tried to report her and after HOURS/DAYS lost thru Cust.Svc NIGHTMARE (following their instructions, which just made all worse!), "I" then get a auto email from them threatening that I could be banned from ebay for breach of their policy!??? From now on AMAZON gets ALL MY BUSINESS and I will spread the word if co's/people I know plan to use ebay, I will tell them to try ETSY INSTEAD (at least ETSY is HONEST!).

Original review: June 17, 2021

They have vendors/sellers committing fraud on their site and then protecting them and putting the buyer through ringer. I ordered 12 (24 inch) Pilsner vases on EBay through a vendor called "Craftandparty12" on 6/1/21 for $148.35. Only 6 vases were delivered to me on 6/8/21. I sent a message to the seller advising that and asking if the other 6 vases were coming in a different package (due to size - they were big). I never received a message. I contacted EBay regarding the matter and was advised the seller had 3 business days to reply before they could step in, which was not a problem at the time because I had enough time for this to be resolved before the Father's Day Event had planning.

After 3 days had passed w/ no response from the seller I contacted EBay on the 4th day after receiving a message advising my occurrence was closed because it was confirmed tracking details proved the item was delivered and I couldn't receive a refund. I clarified that I didn't want a refund and of course it was delivered but not the full 12 vases and only 6 came. The supervisor I was speaking to did nothing to help me and treated me like I was the criminal and unintelligent because I was then asked by this supervisor "Are you the professional here?" And when I tried to explain to him again my situation he hung up in my face.

This Sunday is Father's Day and I still have yet to receive the other 6 vases for my event and Ebay is putting me through ringer to get the situation clarified. I now have to wait another 3 business days and go to my local police department to create or ask for an incident report, upload this info to them before they can even do a refund, even though again I did request a refund. I just want the other 6 vases for my event this Sunday. Highly upset and highly disappointment in the vendor, who never responded whatsoever (that says a lot) and EBay for the way I'm being treated and how they're handling the situation.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I ordered a cigarette holder on 6/3/21, on Ebay.com, and the order supposedly shipped on 6/7/21, though there has been no movement on the order since 6/7/21. According to USPS.com, USPS never actually received the order. I was contacted by the store seller on 6/14/21, after repeatedly reaching out to them in order to be refunded for my order of a cigarette holder which never arrived. They claimed that they did not receive my first message, even though it looks as if the message went through just fine on my end, and I have a copy of the message in my messages within Ebay. They also claimed they would issue me a refund, though after checking my account, I don’t see that a refund has been processed.

I feel as if I am now being given the run around by this seller and I would appreciate it if the Better Business Bureau would intervene and help me to receive a refund for this order, as I honestly do not believe that this seller intends to refund my money without intervention. I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, so we’ll see what happens there. Also, the seller also claimed that USPS lost my order, so, the order is definitely not going to arrive.

Yet after the seller stated, in a message sent to me via Ebay, that USPS had supposedly lost my order, they still refuse to refund my money. Initially they were going to issue a refund to me for the order USPS supposedly “lost,” though after they saw that I left a negative review for them on their seller profile on Ebay, since their communication was so very poor and since they were just very rude in their messages to me, they informed me that they were no longer going to issue a refund to me for the lost order. This is most unprofessional, to initially state that you are going to issue a refund to a customer, and then to deny a customer a refund because they left you a bad review.

They also claimed they were denying me a refund because my communication was not good. Which is ridiculous, all of my messages were very clear. They are denying me a refund because I left them a bad review, plain and simple. You don’t get to violate the terms of a sales agreement simply because a customer leaves you a negative review. If every buyer did this then Ebay would have a very bad reputation and customers would quit using their services and Ebay would go out of business.

To make matters worse, when I try to get assistance through Ebay, I am also unable to get assistance as I keep getting a message that a tracking number has been provided, and therefore since the seller has provided a tracking number, Ebay will not intervene. Ebay really needs to make it easier to handle disputes. Simply because a tracking number has been provided, this does not mean that the order has not been lost and that a buyer will not be in need of further intervention from Ebay. Of course, I found no number for Ebay, so, I cannot even contact Ebay via a customer service number. Ebay also does not provide an email address, so, I cannot email them either. I have no other recourse but to open a Better Business Bureau Complaint if I ever want to receive a refund.

Ebay really needs to revise their intervention process. As it stands, a seller can simply stall and manipulate the system and there is no real recourse that a customer has. All a seller has to do is to simply provide a tracking number and there is nothing a customer can do in order to receive a refund in the event their order is lost and the seller refuses to do the right thing and to issue a refund. Ebay makes it too easy for sellers to work the system.

This is not really about the money, $6.84 is not a large sum of money. Though this is about the principle of the matter. This is about Ebay making it easy for sellers to work the system and how incredibly difficult it easy to make a dispute through Ebay. This is about the many sellers on Ebay who take advantage of people. It’s wrong, just plain and simple.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I recently sold an $800 item on eBay and the fees amounted to 17%! I netted $640 on an $800 sale. I will definitely think twice before selling a high value item on ebay. There has to be a better way and lower cost sites to work with. This is worse than an auction house commission and ebay does essentially nothing.

eBay Company Information