eBay

eBay
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: July 18, 2020

Lack of actual product reviews. Buying on eBay is risky. If anything, the buyer is the first one to stand at a loss. It’s far too easy for sellers to sell bad products and leave it on the buyer to deal with it. Without post product reviews, eBay leaves its customers at risk. Just poor business practice. If the idea is to protect the seller, they are doing wrong there too. I have no problem if a seller has 1 bad product. But and that one item should not tank the seller as a whole. If the seller offers 2 good products, then let them sell those and leave the bad products to die from lack of sales there. Why put the seller out for a review meant for the actual product????

Original review: July 18, 2020

So at first I was all about eBay, but unfortunately this site's reliability to honor prices on products on their site is not good anymore. I have ordered and paid for multiple items {more than 6} on ebay which were then pulled and or not delivered. I am very disappointed for one my credit card I use gets multiple hits which then locks my card out due to my bank's fraud team. {Not their fault. They are doing their job.}

Products I then think I am going to receive never come, so I am then left searching on eBay and my Email to see what happened. That then delays me on whatever it is I am doing because I have to reorder product, go through steps to get my money back, pay more money and have to wait longer for shipping. It's pretty much bait and switch because I think I am going to get a great price on a item, buy it then get told it's not for that much, but I can go ahead and shop for another one or pay what they are now asking for it! SSSSHHHH. All I know is if I go to Walmart and find a bike for 10.99 instead of 109.99 they will honor the bike for 10.99$ no problem. Ebay should have to be held to the same laws period.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Ebay account 10 yrs. Was better, protected buyer, now HIGHLY favors Seller. Bought pool Seller NY $800. I never received, FedEx. NO INVESTIGATION - Ebay & Seller both said delivered. NO REFUND - ServiceSUCKS.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I have been a seller on eBay for quite some time. In this time as a seller ebay's customer service reps are LIARS (from my experiences) with little to no oversight or accountability as I have been reporting this issue (lying to customers) continuously for over 2 years and NOTHING has changed. In my experiences 80-90% of my interactions with ebay. There is no one who appears to care, you get different answers from different reps on the same phone calls (NO CONSISTENCY FROM EBAY).

A recent site issue I had with ebay on shipping was an utter nightmare as the reps I spoke with (3 calls 2 supervisors) all gave me different and conflicting info, my customer had the same experience, I eventually had to block the buyer because of all the bad info from ebay as the customer got mad. Greed well now seller are forced to use their managed payment system that is absolutely flawed and frustrating and understaffed (in my experience). 203 minute waiting. Are you kidding me. Now let's talk about service metrics. Ebay want to FINE its sellers on policies they do not enforce, lie to their sellers (from my experiences) about and have absolutely no control over this. Fine is 5% of total sales for a full year... their argument is it's an average. DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY EBAY but do they listen or care? No.

Let's now talk about fees. 10% of sales/10% on top of shipping final value fee/35 cent a listing after free ones, now in order to sell from my experiences one has to promote a listing in order to sell (or it sits hidden on ebay and takes months to sell). Mine fees last month was 6%/managed payments 2-3% / and does ebay care that our shipping costs are going up? Heck no. Keep fining and feeing the sellers. Well between ebay with fvf listing fees, promoting fees and managed payments well that's 16-20 percent of my sale. Let's add shipping. Well now I am get close to 40-45% of my sales. I have just unlisted all my listing and am going to FB. Less fees and less fraud to deal with and I do not have to worry about CSR (who appear to have little to no oversight and or consistency).

Original review: July 11, 2020

I have both sold and bought off Ebay since 2001. It use to be a great place to find items and sell those that are still good but not worth junking. Those were the good ole days. Most of the stuff you buy now is junk coming from China and it's not worth the money you paid. They abuse their sellers. Plain and simple. They continue to raise rates as they see fit with no regard to the seller. If you need an oddball part or something, might be worth it but anything more, stay away. A lot of fraud buyers as well and they won't support the sellers when there's a problem. Would be much better off going someplace different where you're treated good.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Worst Garbage coming out of Philippines. Sold an item. Buyer paid through Paypal. Was much too large to ship, so he came and picked it up. This info was relayed to eBay and they didn't care. Nothing was revealed beforehand and they are holding my money for 21 days while the lovely buyer and I fulfilled all commitments. They should be fined $10 million per day for deieipt actions.

Original review: July 6, 2020

All of the complaints on here for ebay are very true, IMHO. I've been a buyer and seller on eBay for many, many, many years. Ebay was a great company when it began. Do you believe that sellers were once allowed to leave buyers feedback? Yep! And when they took that away, the company began to change, and for the worse. Constant changes. You just get accustomed to the new change, then the new change, becomes the old change and you are forced to let them continuously shove these changes down your throat. You have no say, even though you are one of the "small people" that butter their bread! Sellers no longer stand a chance.

Shipping is through the roof. Some buyers (you know who you are) lie about items received or send back items used that were sent new or send back an empty box. "Yes, I've had buyers send me back empty boxes and their money refunded because they provided a tracking number and cases are decided by a computer in a matter of seconds, if you ask them to step in an help to "Resolve an Issue". I've also bought items on ebay and the same scenario. I bought a microwave and was sent a bracelet. I won the case and my money was refunded, but only after I contacted Internet Crime Prevention and my local law enforcement and filed cases which is a pain! Most of the buyers and sellers on ebay are Good, Honest, Hardworking people. I've purchased from and sold to a lot of Great people on ebay. But you'll always have those thieves who believe that they are Entitled!

I don't feel that ebay cares about us sellers or buyers for that matter any longer and haven't for a while. Their latest change, the Ebay Managed Payments Plan is the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me. Sometime in late July it goes into effect, I've read. There is no way that I am going to ship my items while ebay lets my money sit in their account to draw interest. So, I'm supposed to ship my item, pay for shipping of that Item, that has not been paid for until ebay decides to release the funds to my new checking account that I have to open because ebay no longer allows your money to go directly to Paypal (whom I trust) But you need paypal for shipping USPS.

So, I'm actually going to close both of my ebay accounts and find another forum to sell on. Even if I have to do it out of my trunk. Corporate greed and lack of leadership at ebay, I will no longer tolerate when it comes to letting them handle my money (whom I don't trust any longer). All of the above is my opinion, that I've concluded from what I have encountered while a member of ebay.

Original review: July 6, 2020

This is not first time I've encountered this. I purchased an item March 2020 and I write this review in July 2020 without receiving the item. The seller (weinan2018) avoided giving me a refund and refused to resolve my issue of the item never being sent. The price of the transaction was $90 USD. It is clear that I had succumbed to yet another scam and it will be my last as I refuse to use eBay this day forward, and will make it a point to tell others to boycott eBay should they express consideration of using the site.

The worst part is that I was trying to compromise with the seller for the item not arriving in May (the promised time for delivery). I decided to wait. Turns out that was the worst thing to do. After 60 days eBay refuses to help you get a refund and eBay makes it impossible to leave feedback for scam artists. I literally created an account on this platform to leave this review and to do my due diligence to help others not make the same mistake I had using eBay. I am giving eBay 0 stars because it is littered with scam artists, they fail to build a platform that fails to root out scam artists, and eBay support fails at their job to keep honest user's interests in mind. The fact that eBay refuses to help me get a refund translates to the fact they they support this behavior from their service.

Original review: July 6, 2020

DO NOT USE eBay!!! I signed up for an account. About 15 minutes later they suspended my account. I listed NOTHING, sold NOTHING, purchased NOTHING. They claim that there are SEVERAL policy issues with my account and that “This is purely a business decision, as we are not comfortable with your business model and selling practices”. Remember that I listed, sold, and purchased NOTHING. How in the world can there be SEVERAL “severe” issues with my account when I had it for 15 minutes???

To top it off they will not tell me what the issue is. They state "In order to protect our guidelines from being circumvented or manipulated, we decide not to provide the specific reason to our members" Which to me says that they are not telling their members what policies they are being held to. I am trustworthy and it infuriates me that they won't even tell me what the issues are so I can fix whatever they feel is wrong. A good business would do so. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY. If they can treat a new customer this way then they cannot be trusted.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Ordered a new open box iPhone from Amazing Wireless. Received a phone with a totally smashed screen. Immediately contacted seller and was told I would get a prepaid return label and a full refund. I returned the phone accordingly and it took two month and multiple emails to get my money back. In the end it was PayPal who refunded the money, not eBay! I left feedback stating my experience, but a few days later ebay removed my feedback. Therefore beware, you cannot rely on ebay’s seller ratings.

eBay Company Information