eBay

eBay

3.8/5 (4216 ratings)

About eBay

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have had eBay for 12 years and Paypal almost as many. One day I received a notice that Paypal had debited my bank account for an ebay transaction. In eBay I have no invoice to match the transaction. They tell me it was a guest account and that I must get the money back from Paypal. Paypal in turn tells me that since eBay delivered the package I must get the money back from them. eBay in turn tells me that I must approach Paypal. No one tells me what the product was that was delivered to another country. This is far too loose to be trustworthy. I am closing both accounts due to this risk.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

They flagged my account and suspended it for no reason, I had not even gotten to actually post an item. Then when I reach out about it, 90% of the agents tell me they can't give me a reason for the suspension or help me and end the conversation. The 10% of the people that can help me are impossible to get in touch with because the other 90% are so useless and cannot do their jobs. The absolute worst customer care I have ever had. I myself work in customer care and am usually the one to give the benefit of the doubt but wow. This is beyond bad service.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Someone in the UK bought my item. I'm in the US. She ordered the wrong color and tried to return the item. Per the e-Bay policies, e-bay rejected her request. Having no recourse through e-bay, she filed a dispute with her bank. She lied to the bank that the item does not match the description because if she just says she didn't read the description, not even the bank would take her case. E-bay refunded her because according to them "the bank ruled against them." They then left the item with her and tried to charge me the money plus a $20 dispute resolution fee. Well I did nothing wrong. There was no defect in my listing. E-bay tried to charge my bank but I called the bank and told them the ACH is not authorized so the bank reversed it.

I then went on e-bay web site and deleted all payment methods and since I cannot delete the checking account, I just put a bogus one. They are now sending me messages that I need to pay them. Dispute resolution appears to be in India and they are just giving canned responses. At some point I asked them if I'm talking to a real person or if this is an automated AI (artificial intelligence) system. Bottom line is that e-bay has become a sad operation for both buyers and sellers. After using ebay for over 20 years, regretfully, this experience ends it. They are welcome to suspend my account as I no longer need it!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Seriously, sold a few items and paid for shipping through them. For some reason, they did not remove funds for the shipping charges. Weeks later I receive an email they are going to pull the funds out of my account, which I knew. Question is why not take it off the top and avoid multiple transactions.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

** - THAT IS MY CASE NUMBER! But it doesn't matter! Nobody give a damn at Ebay! Shipping company should provide with proof of delivery! But they afraid to ask DHL about it! It was 5 years ago. It's still the same! (and I'm sure it's gonna be in future!) It's still cheap flea market spot! It's time to closed account!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Ebay and its sellers are in it together when it comes to ripping people off and taking the buyer's money. This is not a fake review and I am the review queen on Google. Reviews is what I do. Ebay stole my money. Didn't return my calls and blamed it on a third party of which the third party happens to be EBAY. THIS company is not to be trusted and I recommend and suggest that you do your business elsewhere. This Ebay company is a SCAM! ONE BIG SCAM!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I ordered a product two and a half months ago. It didn't show up on the date it was supposed to so I waited a few more days before contacting eBay (it says it shipped the day after I placed the order) once I heard from eBay they told me to wait a week from the day I sent an email so they could "contact the seller". Well it's been 10 days since and still nothing. I went to look at the user, their name is ShopUp do NOT use and I can't find their profile to leave a review. On top of that, I got a notification saying that the item was either removed or not in stock soooooo....where ya at eBay? Give me my money back.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I buy a lot of stuff from eBay. Their return and refund policies are real. Bad for real clients. I brought a PCM for my truck from one of their vendors on their platform Flagship One Inc. The PCM was no good and I returned it but it's been 4 months. No refund or any interest from eBay to resolve the issue. Shame on eBay for scamming genuine clients.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Do not believe Ebay's 100% moneyback guarantee policy. Purchased A gas tank skid plate for my 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee from worldwide distributors 11611 Lyndon B Johnson FWY Garland tx. Item was not as described. Item is for a completely different jeep model and does not fit a 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee. Ebay is not providing me with return shipping. Made up some ** excuse. I was a good customer. Will not buy on eBay at all.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Purchase 2 pruning shears on the eBay website. Within 5 minutes after placing the order I realize they were not stainless steel. I immediately contacted seller to cancel the order. Also I open up request with ebay to cancel the items. If you request an item to be cancel within an hour of placing a order normally item would be cancel. Neither ebay nor seller contacted me. Overall seller responded to my request through Ebay 7 days later. EBay notified me through ebay messages indicating seller rejected or refuse to refund money back to my account. I have been with ebay as a buyer since 2004 and so many changes has come since and before the pandemic. You can't talk to a real person. Ebay only communicates through their messages and most always favor with the seller.

When items finally arrived I refused to accept it from mail carrier so it was sent back. This was the earlier part of August. We are now in the middle of September going out and no response from Ebay or Seller. I open up a case with USPS. Still no response. Ebay is no longer compassionate for the buyer. Even if you get wrong items shipped out you have to pay for return shipping which is unfair because it's not what you paid for. As of today I am done with Ebay. Will be looking into other online buying options. The ebay I once enjoyed shopping on their website is no longer for buyers and sellers fees are ridiculous and yes sellers deal with a lot.

But to totally ignore my request and send item out which I did not receive until 3 weeks which I refuse so I never got refunded and I don't know where the actual package is at. The tracking number used to send item postal worker indicated because of my refusing to accept the item same tracking number will be used to send back to seller which has not been done. If you value your health stay away from Ebay. It can become very stressful and frustrating. Your peace of mind and health should come first before any company that don't care nothing about you at all only the money they are receiving. On another note they have discontinued the ebay bucks when checking out. The only time you can receive them is when they offer 5% for a limited time of 2 days. It used to be 10%. That changed long time since the pandemic but ebay has not stop making money and prices are not so reasonable anymore. Beware of Ebay!!!!

eBay Company Information