eBay

eBay
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 4,232 ratings submitted in the last year

eBay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: March 31, 2021

I have been on the site for many years. I have an excellent record with five stars on everything. If you report a buyer for cheating the bid system they take the seller's comments to heart before the buyer. Which is strange in itself. I have had many bid retractions in my life. When the same buyer has two bid retractions at the same time that brings up red flags I would hope. YET THEY (EBAY) would not let me buy anything after reporting this. BEWARE OF EBAY. IN MY OPINION THEY FAVOR THE SELLER OVER THE BUYER!!..

Original review: March 24, 2021

I just experienced eBay will conceal/remove a seller’s feedback you post as a buyer. They don’t follow their own policies about review management and will remove negative reviews posted by the buyer. I have proof and also have documented proof this seller cheated me out of my shipping that was supposed to be a free return. I only wanted an exchange at first but after the nasty behavior of the seller, it turned to a full return of the single product to exchange then shipped back the accessories.

The seller took me through hassles to exchange the defective TENs unit and told me they tested all their products before shipping but when I presented the facts that it shipped out as such, I was asked to pay the return cost to exchange, I asked seller to pay and I was told I will get reimbursed, but didn’t. EBay’s exchange policy is for the seller to send me a tracking number. I now believe this unit possibly was not sold as “new” but “used”. eBay removed my negative mark and review to allow the seller to look flawless. How many others are they doing like that? I went beyond the standards to resolve which spoke volumes about BlissOutlet8 seller lack of integrity and ethics on eBay as a seller.

Therefore, deceptive practices are absolutely occurring at eBay and they do not notify you to resolve your post but they remove it at the seller’s discretion immediately and claim they can’t repost your negative review for others to see. I posted my bad experiences for the buyers to see the seller has unethical practices and make a sound judgement.

Original review: March 24, 2021

3/3/21: Ordered clothing items. Approx 3/11/21: Rec’d order; didn’t fit. 3/16/21: Started return; told to wait 4 days for return label from seller. 3/22/21: Rec’d no label; called again; told eBay was sending email with return label; email came, no label; called again, rec’d another email with non-working link to label; called again, told to wait 48 hours for link to work. 03/24/21: Link didn’t work, called again, told to wait 5 days for return label from seller; told not to worry about 30-day return for full refund policy!!! Will this ever be resolved? Purchase not worth the time spent on the phone and the frustration of trying to return. eBay lacks customer service and needs to stop training agents to overuse customer’s first name!!! This familiarity does not make up for the lack of true service and is offensive!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Take warning!! Do NOT buy from EBay. If your item gets lost, they will NOT refund your money. They will fraudulently take it and keep it! I have tried to find out what happened to my item from the seller and they keep referring me to EBay and EBay refuses to pay me back the money.

Original review: March 22, 2021

eBay is now the nesting place for fraudulent transaction and fake companies here in the USA & especially abroad. They don't have support or services for customers. Zero Customer Service. For 4 months I have been claiming a refund for $83.77 BUT to no avail. And eBay cannot intervene whatsoever.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Even though eBay states that they accept PayPal.. It is not so.. I have been with ebay for 20+ years. Recently they have broken up with paypal and they are acting like spiteful spouse. Recently, a buyer purchased an item and paid to my paypal account. Ebay did not release the payment to my paypal. Insisting that I update my bank account. I am unwilling to give my bank account number to ebay. Now, they are holding the money hostage. I am cancelling my ebay account. Since it is an inexpensive item, I am mailing the item to the buyer. And, i have no way of getting the money. BUYER/SELLER beware -- DO NOT BUY or SELL on ebay, unless you are WILLING to give your bank account to ebay.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I sold an item on Ebay for $77. I received the fee list from Ebay and noticed an extra fee (among the many) for international buyer. I state clearly in my text that I will not send items internationally because of Ebay's fees. They charge a fee for being international and to convert cash. I shipped the item to Florida and they considered it international. I did not know Florida wasn't part of the US anymore, but if Ebay says it is so, then it must be true. I guess I must have missed that news story. Anyway, I contacted them and they informed me that even though it was sent to a US address the buyer's address was not in the US and they charged a fee of !.65% of the item cost. How am I supposed to know where the buyer actually lives. They should tell you so I can cancel the transaction.

After all their fees: item fee of 13.55%, fees for postage, fee for insertion, fee for credit cards use, fee for taxes collected, I received around $25.00. The item cost me $125 when I bought it. I lost a lot of money on that sale. I am finished with Ebay. I immediately pulled all my other items from their site. When they finally pay me what they owe me, I will close that checking account and then close my account. This is only the first of many times, they have screwed me on fees and they are going to increase them in April. How greedy can you get? I hope they fee themselves out of business.

Original review: March 18, 2021

DVD has scratches on it and was suppose to be a two DVD set. Not 1 DVD. Seller go peachy lied just to make a sale. Cost me money to send back just to get money back. Not worth it. User's recommendation: dont buy on eBay anymore.

Original review: March 16, 2021

When you sell something on Ebay they charge you 3%, then they send you an invoice in addition to 10%, that is, they are keeping 13%, plus they charge taxes and shipping costs. This is an abuse. I do not recommend using Ebay to anyone.

Original review: March 11, 2021

So ebay takes 2 WORKING DAYS to process your payment, and when they pay you it takes 2 more WORKING days to pay you (all payment are usually instant, how long does it take to go down a ethernet cable). Where Paypal process instantly and pay instantly, and you can take out your paypal account instantly. You call that progress? ebay will be holding a lot of people's money for some time which is great for them as they make interest on your money.... I think this could be a another nail in their coffin.... They say no more paypal charges (yippy) but in the same line they don't like telling you they are charging virtually the same amount!!!

eBay Company Information