3.62/5
Based on 3,797 ratings submitted in the last year

4477 eBay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 3, 2019

I've used eBay for many years as a buyer and seller, but never again. After years of sneakier and sneakier fees, outright hidden fees, and my last transaction - I'm done! I had an almost new receiver to sell, posted an ad with full description and links along with several pics. A guy bought it - paid - receiver shipped the next day. I hear nothing for a month. Then, the guy decides to return it - even though I have a clearly stated NO RETURN policy. He didn't answer any of my questions and never claimed the receiver was defective, only offering "sound not so good." SO, I'm now screwed for return shipping, and a damaged receiver = over $500.

Although eBay makes it nearly impossible to actually speak to customer service - I did, and received zero help...when asking specific questions?! Very highly upset and feel that this was extremely unfair and BS. I also noticed that eBay now makes it impossible to leave bad feedback....which is just wrong and dangerous to the consumer.

Original review: May 2, 2019

eBay strung me along, and the seller for FOUR full days. Broke numerous promises... would make times to call, never call back. I fixed problem myself through PayPal, then only to get an email right after saying they would not be able to follow through with anything. Use Amazon, this is a joke. Sorry I was ever an eBay customer.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Having used eBay for many years, in fact would be a Charter member, I have this to say. A number of years ago, I moved to a foreign country. Got on eBay in that country and could not order anything, no matter what, it would not let me check out. I contacted eBay, AMAZING how little they knew, AND they were no help, every contact a different story as to why, common one was, "the seller does not ship to your country/sell to your country." WELL HELLO, I live there, do ya, do ya think, I MIGHT just know that? AND I was using a USA re-shipper, so I had a USA mailing address!

OK so fought with them for YEARS over this issue with NO resolution! Moved back to the USA, and today went to make a purchase off eBay, it would NOT let me check out, same problem as out of country, same issue(s). I was VIOLENTLY DEMANDING EBAY FIX!!! They NEVER DID! Blamed my card issuer, the seller (said buy it somewhere else) on and on.

So today I spent at least 30 min on hold in "queue" to speak to another eBay rep, he walked me through trying to order the item at least a dozen times, checked my card and with the issuer, (I knew it was good) in the meantime, had me change settings, he changed settings, the seller unknown to us, sold the last remaining 3, off their eBay site!

NEXT cheapest seller of the same LONG discontinued item, wants 70 bucks more, and other sellers on eBay, up to 270 dollars more, OF COURSE they have stock! I DEMANDED, (and still am) eBay EAT the $70. diff I now have to pay, they basically said get lost! NOT my fault I could not order the item, not my fault the eBay site would NOT let me check out, not my fault the "IDIOTS" at eBay, could not and would not fix the problem when I brought it to them YEARS ago!

Then today a "hint" of what MIGHT have been, and be the problem, SELLERS on eBay can set up their site to require you have a PayPal Account, EVEN if you are NOT using it to pay, IF they (the seller) selected/are using this option, they can check and verify you have an actual valid PayPal account, and see it, access it!

AND if you DO NOT HAVE an "active" PayPal Account, the seller will NOT process the CC/Debit Card transaction! OK SO, when I moved out of the USA, first time I tried to use my PayPal Account from OUTSIDE the USA, it locked me out, PERMANENTLY! eBay today told me, PayPal processes ALL their CC and Debit card transactions, AND if PayPal don't like you, has you locked out, OR you do not have, you will NEVER be able to buy off eBay, that is a direct quote!

While I was out of country, PayPal REFUSED to talk to me, OR fix/unlock my account! (Said they have no way to verify it is really, actually and truly me!) Actually the way I feel, they both can have it, really! Bottom line is NO ONE at eBay knows what they are doing OR TALKING ABOUT, and are afraid to do anything! WHO is going to pay me 70 bucks lost out of ignorance, this is 7/100,000,000 MILLIONTHS of a seconds profits for eBay, but one hell of a lot of money to me!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I always buy on eBay since I have never had problems with the purchases I have made. So I recommend it since it is affordable prices for the different products that you are interested in obtaining either for personal use or for different uses. And they warn you about different items that one has presented interest and of lower prices so that you can obtain them as well as the percentage of satisfaction of the seller.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Bought 24” tires for $1,139.96. Seller also charged my debit card $300 for shipping. Seller sent wrong 20” tires. Contacted seller, seller said, "Give them back to FedEx for return." Seller said they would ship correct tire. Several weeks later Seller contacted me and said they are out of stock 24” tires and will issue me full refund. Seller issues only partial refund and said there is no refund for $300 shipping. Contacted eBay. eBay promised me in recorded call full eBay Money Back Guarantee and said if they can’t get Seller to refund 100% that eBay has a fund to refund me my remaining $300.

eBay representative stated it’s a recorded call and that it’s guaranteed. Month later no refund. eBay put me through hell and eventually found the recorded call and said that the eBay representative who told me that eBay has a 100% Money Back Guarantee was wrong and that they have no intentions of refunding my shipping because they have no proof the company sent me the wrong tires. Horrible experience with eBay Money Back Guarantee. Lies!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: May 1, 2019

As a seller you will shunted out at any minute without reprieve, you will never be informed of the goings on and when you do try to understand they are worse than the bureaucratic government organisation. (You can run pillar to post and be told I quote "I am not in charge please contact someone else" no wonder other platforms are doing much better than them.

We are were sellers on eBay and one fine day we were suddenly informed that even though you are selling have all wonderful positive reviews and paying their fees on time, We (Ebay) will stop providing you an account manager and also stop shipping system that they have (ebaypowershipglobal). So essentially they ask you to continue paying their fees and commissions while saying that, "We will not allow you to ship any products to any customers.." Funny how is this going to work if there is no support then why am I paying for a store and their inflated commissions.... When all I have to do is FEND for myself.

Original review: April 30, 2019

eBay is terrible. eBay kept blocking mine and my friend's eBay accounts for no reason and when we asked why they said that it was confidential. Then they said that I was banned for life for asking why my account was suspended when I got a message from them, to ask them why my account was suspended so that I could get it reinstated.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I purchased an item that I did not receive & after no response from the seller contacted eBay & PayPal & neither was of any help in getting me a refund of $100. I called a dozen times to both of them and they each said I have to work it out with the other. Are you kidding me? I feel like I was scammed and stolen from. I have closed my accounts and will never use them again. Very disappointed. POOR POOR SERVICE!!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Sold china and shipped to California. Same buyer bought 2nd china listed for sale. Filed damage claims on both. No pictures with second claim. Buyer demanded excessive $$ for refund. Third china listed for sale was purchased by first buyer's neighbor. Strange, right? Two shipments both damaged, strange right? What are the odds that two people living in Los Angeles living next door to each other would bid on same china?

eBay rep checked records and confirmed that this appeared to be a continual occurrence with these two buyers. I informed eBay of all of this and that after checking bidding history and realizing a shipment was going to same street, two digits away, I canceled that order prior to shipping. After no word from eBay for days on status, this morning I receive email informing they have sided with buyer and they will refund money to buyer when shipment shows returned and delivered to my address. There seems to be no seller protection in my opinion. I will be cancelling my eBay account once this transaction is complete.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Listed a food truck for sale but it didn't sell after 30 days. Was relisted again but eBay charge my bank account $1220. When call them they said that it was a mistake and that I have to wait up to 14 days to get credit back the money they stole, I was charged $178 in overdraft fees. Then 2 weeks later I received an email from a an eBay buyer asking for my address so they can see the food truck before committing to bid but eBay again charged me $320 assuming that I sold the truck outside eBay even that the truck didn't sell until now. So beware. eBay is stealing money from its customers.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Sold a item and was billed for 17.50 commission which is fine. The money went straight to PayPal. No other options given with a 10% charge not disclosed and the balance was not available until 21 days later. I tried to pay 17.50 bill for 2 months. A dozen phone calls later with my credit card it would never be allowed to process with eBay's website. They would say turned down when money was there. eBay was sending me threats of being sent to collections so I made payment finally through my bank account against my better judgement. Then after 2 weeks my payment was returned to my bank or not processed.

I mailed the check to their payment center. I was billed a late charge which I disputed and would not pay. Then they took the money out of my checking account without my authorization. I gave them a one time authorization for the 17.50 they wanted but not for the late charge I do not owe. I will never use eBay again and would rather pay more or I will use Amazon if I want a online item.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I ordered 3 items from 3 different vendors. Items were sent to wrong address. I never received them. I have attempted to contact seller, but with 1 email a day, with irrelevant responses. Have not got my money back. When you purchase it takes seconds for that money to leave your account, but it takes an act of God for a solution to a problem. eBay is a rip off. They are worse than Craigslist. At least on there, you have a phone number and a person's face, so you can track people down. Here eBay dictates it all, except for when there is a problem. eBay needs to go down.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Not Helpful at all, kept talking over me and acted like the manager when i asked for one. I also told him that i wont be shopping at ebay no more and he did not care at all and admitted it. Said he is the only supervisor available and i can only contact a real manager sometime next week. Item showed delivered and he appealed the case because i did not provide signature confirmation,that was never explained to me and now im about to loose out on A LOT OF MONEY.... A LOT.

I SPEND THOUSANDS EVERY MONTH FOR YEARS ON EBAY with 100% POSITIVE feedback. Meanwhile the buyer who claims he never received it dont respond back to me and tracking does show DELIVERED. Will take this to Better Business Bureau and every single review site possible unless this gets resolved by 4/30/19. Ebay if you want to keep customers happy I highly suggest you replace the "Supervisor Austin... **." If you want me to keep your names clean on every single review site and not get my lawyer involved I suggest you do this right. You will also be losing a high value BUYER on eBay.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Upon ordering ** pills for IBS, I had concerns about the product being in blister packs which were recalled by manufacturer. I sent in two separate requests but no answer. Instead they put the order through my credit card. To top it off they put a window of six weeks from Fresno, California to Vancouver, BC. It is impossible to contact them by phone and as eBay also refused to contact them, I am out close to $100.00 Cdn. I will never use eBay again. There appears to be nothing to govern them.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Sold an item in good faith and posted. Money held by eBay for up to 21 days. You have to call up to get funds released!!! Supposedly it to aid security. Nah cancel account. It's a pair of shorts. 21 day payment!!! Don't make me laugh.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I bought a hammock stand, was home at the time of "delivery", never received it. Saw it was supposedly delivered and immediately called FedEx who said they would send the driver out to find it. They never did find it. I opened a case with eBay, told them what was going on, FedEx requires the seller to open a full investigation. Seller said the item was delivered, and eBay closed the case without talking to FedEx. I am out $70. I have been an eBay customer over 5 years. This is insane. I no longer trust them.

Original review: April 24, 2019

eBay lists their 100% guarantee on items they do not cover - actually they bailed on their guarantee even though I was clearly scammed. Dont trust them - they won't help you, just shop on Amazon because it is safer and cheaper in the long run.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I buy everything on eBay from clothes to phones and accessories, and even car parts. We get great deals, fast Shipping, and most of the sellers are trustable! I would highly recommend this website to anyone that does not like to spend their days shopping in stores! It's so much easier to just download eBay and shop right away!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Per its Buyer Protection eBay states seller has 3 days to respond and then eBay has 48 hrs after that to make a decision. It's misleading. The eBay making a decision part. The decision can be to tell the buyer to wait for seller to respond. When you have a deceitful fraudulent seller like I did whom gives excuses and lies but not a refund then there is very little real buyers protection.

If you pay thru PayPal and complain to PayPal to make a claim to get your money back, all the evidence, messages back and forth communications, photos etc to eBay will be wiped away and per PayPal you can't go back and complain about the seller and get your money back thru eBay. Then PayPal says it can take 10 days and longer before PayPal can give you a refund.

In my case what eBay & eBay seller did: April 1, 2019 seller advertised a book a BRAND NEW with make an OFFER OPTION and $5.87 for shipping. Before buying I contacted Seller asking if brand new book came with its book Dust Jacket since it was ad as new & I asked how it was going to be protected when ship. Seller responded it was brand new. I then made an offer. eBay notified me. Seller accepted my $40 offer. I contacted seller again and stated I would not buy book unless it was going to be protected from damage with packaging material. Seller responded book new no damage but did not respond how it was going to be shipped.

I contacted seller again and offered to pay extra for shipping packing supplies coming to $12 for shipping total including supplies to ship book to me safely if I paid for book and how I wanted book protected and packed. Seller agreed to such and then I bought the book (paid seller) on 4/03/2019. Book arrived in a thin lightweight box with a big hole in box. Book had no dust jacket and had bottom tears and dents and wrinkles and water damage. There was absolutely no packing material in the box and the book was not protected from damaged nor packed as I asked and the seller just pocketed the $12 I paid extra towards shipping materials & costs. USPS shipping fee was still the seller's original ad $5.87 to which I had videotaped me picking up the book from Post Office and condition it arrived in and how packed (nonpacking material used).

I contacted seller immediately that I was upset with him; that book was a Used Book or not in new condition and that he pocketed $12 I gave towards shipping materials. I sent eBay & seller photos since eBay couldn't take a videotaping of the packaging and paid item condition. This was 2 weeks ago. Seller responded (deceit) that eBay was going to have Post Office give me a refund. So I sent more photos of damaged item and how it was shipped that seller was deceitful and committing frauds. I also phoned eBay about seller claiming eBay was going to have Post Office give me a refund to what I had paid seller for item. eBay responded that's not how eBay handles things.

In the meantime I kept telling I was returning the book to him while seller was telling me to keep the book and to get my refund from the Post Office. I had Post Office take the package back to return to the seller as a damaged delivery item which the Post Office did. Then I sent USPS tracking info to both eBay & the Seller as proof that I had not kept the book and that it was on its way back to the seller and that I wanted my money back; a refund.

It is now 4/23/2919 and eBay nor the seller will give me a refund. So I contacted PayPal which told me if I filed a claim with PayPal then the eBay claim would be deleted and disappear and that in order to pursue a claim with PayPal I would have to start all over and send evidence, correspondences, photos etc to back up my claim for a refund and after that to wait at least 10 days for PayPal to begin working on the claim. So I said forget it. I'll go to my bank instead. At least that way I can in person show my video, my photo and email correspondence evidence and eBay sellers original ad listing. eBay's BUYER PROTECTION is misleading and it allows for DECEITFUL EBAY SELLERS to commit fraud. I can be contacted at: **. Ms. ** 4/23/2019.

Original review: April 21, 2019

eBay has great quality military clothing, caps. I have ordered several times from eBay, always having excellent results with whatever I ordered. Great shipping, many with free shipping and relatively quick, and great quality. It's a great place to shop.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It seems that eBay is allowing dishonest people to steal items and does't help the seller. This may be part of a dishonest scheme that allows people to purchase an item through eBay and the day it is delivered they stop the payment on PayPal. eBay instructs seller to contact PayPal. The stopped payment starts a over 70 days dispute on PayPal. After some time PayPal informs that the buyers financial institution doesn't will release the payment.

Seller contacts buyer that never replies, so you ask eBay for help. The only contact with eBay is over the phone and they tell you that you missed the time to request the return of the item. How could I ask for the return if PayPal only informed me yesterday? eBay simply doesn't help the seller and allows this criminal scheme to use their website and that's it: You got robbed on eBay!! Attention if you sell on eBay, you may end up like me: no longer have the item, paid for shipment and didn't received the payment.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Don't get involved with this company, they take your money, along with PayPal they're partners in crime, and sit on it making interest until you scream, then you wait a while longer before they eventually say... "We need more information???"

Original review: April 19, 2019

Between sellers bidding up their own items to scammers taking your money and not sending the item purchased, eBay is a joke. There are very few, if any, checks and balances in the company. Will never buy ANYTHING from eBay again.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I had issues adding pictures and responding to a potential buyer. After an hour of trying to fix it on my phone and computer I called into the company. I was put on hold for over 30 minutes and was told to try again in 24 hours. No one was going to call me back or anything, terrible customer service. The gal finally after 45 minutes realized it was because I has sent a counter offer to a potential buyer, shouldn't she have know that immediately???

She had me recreate the ad so I could add pictures. But, then I had two listings and she wanted me to delete the old one with 2 watchers and over 431 views, which I did. What a waste of time energy and time for a $75 item. After the hours of being on hold, trying to fix this, it's hardly worth the money due to loss of time, not to mention the loss of momentum on the original ad I had to delete!! What a nightmare! Not only is their customer service not knowledgeable and doesn't care, their website is not intuitive or easy to navigate! Love the concept but the user experience sucks royally!!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

First off I buy over $400 in dog food every month, and when I ordered 6 bags from one sell for just 200 bucks. The seller gives me the wrong tracking number, this tracking number states it was delivered to someone else. Called UPS to find it wasn't delivered to my house and that the package was 4lbs. I ordered 6 40lbs of dog food. When I explained this to eBay they said, "We have the tracking number and it says it was delivered so we can't give you a refund." The original seller never replied to me at all. After many calls and hours talking to eBay I get them to open a ticket for it. They say I have to call the cops and file a report. I file the report but eBay says it was too late that they gave me plenty of time, that they can't help me. Well if I could I'd give them 0 stars - just worthless. They let someone steal my money and they couldn't even care. Well I won't be using them ever again and I suggest no one else does either.

Original review: April 18, 2019

eBay cut my seller's account off because someone tried opening an account up using my address. They will not overturn it. Wow. I called customer service and even spoke with a supervisor. They will not turn my account back on as a seller. Byebye eBay. Welcome Amazon.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Today I cancelled my eBay account, cancelled my Paypal account and blocked all my employees from both sites. Not only did I do that but I called my bank and CC company and blocked any future transactions from Both companies. As a Consumer and seller I spend a minimum of 14K per year on eBay & Paypal. I am now going to give Amazon all my business even if it costs a few dollars more.

From Time to time we sell used parts and market them clearly. We have sold 2 items for parts or repair, "stated as is" and the 1st time the buyer returned something that I did not sell him! eBay fully refunded him and eBay's response "that is the cost of doing business". Ok. I did not understand as that's fraud but what can you do. So this time the buyer had the item in his\her possession for 29 days, then opened a case and again eBay sided with buyer in less than 2 minutes and basically told me they do not care. So I am taking my $1400 (7 year average per year) away they make per year and taking Paypal's commission away over $80 and principal.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ordered 3 motherboard kits with CPU and RAM, opened a case, tried to solve it with the seller (DNA outlet) but the seller (DNA outlet) contacted eBay and closed the case. My negative reviews were removed, “DNA outlet” still has 100% positive reviews and I lost 150 pounds because eBay favours the sellers because they pay percentage from sales maybe. There were a couple more negative reviews for DNA outlet and now they are gone.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I had a bad experience with eBay years ago and hardly ever used them. Decided to buy some things and made an account with my Gmail to watch some items. I paid for everything right away with PayPal, nothing was outstanding. Few hours later they cancelled my account for no reason. I called and they said they do it to all new accounts with activity. No one could tell me where it says they would cancel all my orders and refuse to help me unless I give them all my information and a credit card. No, I paid my fees, with PayPal. They had no reason to suspend my account and take a bunch of money from me. Glad to see their company is going down. Hope something better takes its place.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Terrible service. Got gypped out of five dollars. And talk to management and they were rude. I would suggest to anybody looking for auto parts or anything through eBay stop ordering from them. Go to your local people. Give them your hard-earned money instead of these people that don’t deserve it.

eBay Company Information