2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.19/5

Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Credit Karma Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Credit Karma has been great at protecting my identity because they immediately notify me of any credit change on my credit report. If anyone were to attempt to gain credit I automatically receive a notification of the view of my report along with the name of the company. I am given the opportunity to notify the credit companies that it isn't me trying to gain credit. It makes me feel great knowing I can stop identity theft in its tracks.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My husband and I recently applied for a reverse mortgage. We thought our current credit would be acceptable even though we had a bankruptcy two years ago because we never had a late payment on our home mortgage or our car loans, not even with the bankruptcy, but the loan officer told us she could not find any information at all on any of the standard credit reporting agencies! When we looked at our CREDIT KARMA account we realized that they DID have all the past records for our mortgage payments and car loan payments always being on time, and yes, we passed this information on to the loan officer, who was basically astounded that CREDIT KARMA had that information----made a world of difference in our final proposal for the reverse mortgage. Now, our personal opinion on this is that CREDIT KARMA is doing a better job in favor of CONSUMERS!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I rarely submit reviews but this I had to. I was stuck on a score of 680 and getting over 700 was hard. I took their recommendation to consolidate credit card debt and pay it off through a debt consolidation loan. My 2 cards had $8400 with high interest rates. It was proving tough to get ahead after some poor spending habits. (That's the key, self control.) I paid down 80% of my debt ($8000 approx) with a 3rd party lender at 7%, which saves me a lot of money in interest over 3 years, and rarely use my credit cards now. So they have very low balances, thus making my score jump 40 points in 2 weeks.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Credit Karma for many years, just to keep track of my credit scores. They have been consistently accurate and consistent with ratings issued by credit services, which figures since Credit Karma does not "create" your credit scores, they simply report scores from two of the credit services. This year, I used their tax filing service. Our returns are fairly simple now (retired), so I was able to complete the federal forms in about an hour or so, and the system did our state returns automatically. I filed on a Tuesday, received confirmation that our returns had been accepted on Wednesday, and had both payments, federal and state, in the bank within two weeks. Simple, free and accurate. Note: I receive no advertising from them as I opted out of that. When you go online with them they advertise various credit cards, but that's "take it or leave it". That's how they make their money, but it does not commit you to anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The information is always correct and accurate in a timely manner, I've been so pleased at the information and professional website that Credit Karma has. It has been very secure for me to truly trust with my personal information and even alerting me when I was logging in through a different device to confirm that it was indeed me. I've also recommended it to close friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please do try Credit Karma. You will be pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have not been able to log in to my Credit Karma account for over two weeks now. I'm using my correct email address and I was using my correct password (I have all my passwords written down). Every time I try to log in, I get the same message: "Log In to Credit Karma! Oops, something went wrong while trying to perform your request. Try again later. We appreciate your feedback." I have been communicating with their customer support, but I'm not getting anywhere. Either they can't read or they don't understand English. Whoever I've been communicating with (no names are given) insists it's my password. I don't think so, with the message I'm getting (see above), but they insisted, so we did a password reset. Result: I'm still getting the same message. I wrote back to tell them so, but obviously, my email was not read or not understood. They are still insisting it's the password and I need to do another password reset.

I begged them to read my email or pass it on to someone who understands English, but now I don't hear anything back. There is no phone number or other email address one can write to, so I'm stuck with a Credit Karma account I can't access. At this point I have had enough and would like to cancel my Credit Karma account, but I can't even do that because I cannot access the My Account. Meanwhile, I'm receiving all kinds of marketing emails with all kinds of dire messages. I get the impression perhaps my account has been hacked, but how would I find out if their customer support does not support this customer? Probably I'm not the only customer not getting any support. I have had it with Credit Karma!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

They lock your account to your phone number without asking. Then for no reason if you sign in on the same browser, with the same computer, they claim you have to get a security code to your phone. Without asking they immediately send a code to the phone number. Now whoever has my old number is getting access to my security codes. When you write Credit Karma, they have customer service that doesn't understand English well. It's a big time risk to just send codes to an old number, whoever has that number has access that I do not have!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I've had terrible experiences trying to get into my account on Credit Karma to change my phone number or get my transcripts from my tax return last year and every screen I try to go to choice to send me to another screen to check out something else which I'm not trying to check out. I also think that credit karma is one of those companies that does not securely hold your information and sells it to other companies at whim.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Do you need an urgent loan? We give out loans to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith and with the interest rate of 3%. Contact us today via email: saara.kemi@gmail.com / Whatsapp+48732104354

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I've used CreditKarma for a couple of years and liked it but I recently changed phones and got a new cell number. When I try to log in, it asks for a number to text a code to me. I get the code but the system does not give me a screen to enter it. After two weeks and many, many emails and attempts to get help I'm giving up. I keep getting their emails so now I've just unsubscribed. It's a decent product but the support to get me back on track is non-existent, just automated junk.

Not sure about Credit Karma?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Credit Report Sites for you.

Credit Karma Company Information