Credit Karma

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I did my taxes with Credit Karma, everything seemed hunky dory, then lo and behold one day I can't log in with no explanation. My account was just gone. So I email support, my account has been deactivated for security concerns without notifying me at all. NOW I HAVE NO IDEA IF MY TAX RETURN WILL MAKE IT TO MY BANK ACCOUNT. This is no way for a company handling very crucial tax information to handle their clients. I'm SOL for trying to be progressive and try something new. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I am devastated as I was looking forward to my return to pay off debt. Stick with brick and mortar.

I unfortunately tried out Credit Karma's new tax filing. It was a disaster. Numerous times their silly help guide skipped part of the 1040. I had to search the site to find out where to input HSA information and then the site mysteriously would not include the credit in the calculations. Turns out there was one stray check box filled out wrong and no alert or signal or explanation as to why that should mean the information would be excluded. Once I figured that out, I then reviewed my forms. Everything seemed OK. But somewhere between review and the online filing, their site deleted all my Schedule E information. Now I will have to amend my form and of course their site does not support the 1040X amended form and I will have to do it via snail mail instead.

Long story short, now I will have to wait an additional? 2-3? 4-5? months to get all of my refund. DO NOT USE THEIR TAX PREPARATION SITE. I have used two other online filing sites. They cost some money, but at least they work. If you use Credit Karma, you will get the service free, but you get what you pay for evidently. I will be filing a complaint form with the IRS about their horrible site and their complete lack of customer service. THERE IS NO CONTACT INFORMATION ON THEIR SITE.

I decided to file my taxes through Credit Karma since I have been using them to monitor my credit scores for a few years now. I filed my federal tax on January 27th, 2017 and everything with that went fine. The system told me I couldn't submit my state return because Georgia was not accepting returns. Which I didn't understand because my co-worker did his taxes on the same day on a different website & was not told that plus he received his state return on February 3rd. Now my state status on Credit Karma just says in progress with no way to recover my state return. I can't submit it & there is not even a link to open it up. I emailed the support team for four days before I got a response back. But all in all they can't tell me anything.

We used CKT for my federal and state returns. A small amount was owed the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and we opted to for a bank account withdrawal in April. After e-filing, the system allowed me to save the returns. So far so good. After everything was complete, I checked the downloaded returns and we're missing at least two Schedules for Pennsylvania and confirmation of the subsequent bank withdrawal to satisfy what's owed to PA. I contacted CKT Support first asking for the bank withdrawal confirmation because I didn't yet realize that the Schedules were missing. The response was slow and the typical "we're looking into it." Later, I realized the lack of Schedules and contacted them again. At this point, I don't know what's been filed with the Pennsylvania... And apparently neither does CKT.

Due to Credit Karma’s inaccurate reporting offers were made from different banks to refinance my car. My credit was ran too many times to only be told by these agencies the score given to me was inaccurate and that I should contact Credit Karma. I was also told that this would not cause points to my credit since the report was already available and that’s why Credit Karma’s banks suggestions list was available to me. I would like those points back. And Credit Karma should write a letter explaining what happened to my credit report. All this negative impact needs to be removed immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

I decided to give Credit Karma a try today after seeing all the commercials. I have NEVER used this service before. Once I was done registering I was unable to log in because the site said that I already had an account linked to the email address **. Needless to say, my name isn't Rob. I contacted customer support through the website since they don't have a telephone number and informed them of the problem. The only reason that I gave 2 stars is because before I could even finish writing this review one of their customer support people had already contacted me through email, suspended my account and gave me the option to join through different measure that don't involve the internet. I politely declined.

I loved Credit Karma until I did my taxes on their site. After I efiled my Federal return I could no longer get back into the Tax portion of the site. For five days and counting the error message I get is this: "This is awkward. There is a problem and we are working on it. Try back in a bit." How long is a bit? A year? I have emailed every customer service link there is on their site. All I receive is automated emails. I cannot get back in to view my return, I cannot continue to file my state taxes. Don't use the Tax part of the site! They really need to get a phone number where you can speak to a person. Their customer service efforts are horrible.

I used Credit Karma to do my income taxes for this year. When I finished they said that New Mexico was not accepting the tax forms yet But I know people that are already getting their tax returns for this state. My niece used H and R Block and her state tax form for New Mexico has been accepted. And now I think I will go to another company to get my state tax form accepted.

Very long story short, but got screwed really good because of Credit Karma!! My Credit Karma Scores are, TransUnion 723, Equifax 729. But since they don't show Experian, I decided to sign up on Experian's site for my score. Damn it, they had my score at 653?? Really, how could this be?? That's a big difference. But I already made choices based on my Credit Karma scores. So I put a lot of stock in these scores. Applied for a much needed loan with LightStream, turned down, then with Lending Club, same thing, then with Prosper, same thing. So finally got a reason from LightStream, my Equifax Score is 656!! That's in line with Experian's 653. Thanks a lot Credit Karma!!! The BBB has many complaints about them, BBB SCORE is F.

Everything went well for the approximate two years that I used Credit Karma. Then suddenly today January 13, 2017 I could not get into my account. Nothing I did would work. I gave it the correct information. I carefully typed in new passwords. It said they did not match. I gave up. I enjoyed Credit Karma while it lasted but really appreciated Greg's detailed comments as I knew, then, that something was definitely wrong. Thank you very much, Greg!

I have been using Credit Karma diligently for 2 years now, working so hard to rebuild my credit to accomplish my goals. Finally I made it to excellent status of 753 & 751. So when we decided to move forward on an adoption and went to get a HELOC loan, the credit report the bank pulled was... Get this 666! What on earth! Why on earth should I use a service that gives me THIS VASTLY INACCURATE information??? The bank representative said that the service was ok to peek at every now and then, but to definitely not rely on it. Use your annual free report instead. Wow. I'm out!

I've had some financial difficulties and wanted to get an idea of my credit score so I created a Credit Karma account. The site provided me with scores that were high enough to get financed for a purchase. However, in speaking with the financial institution they told me that my score was actually close to 100 points lower than Credit Karma said. I was advised that Credit Karma's scores are always much higher than the scores used by the major credit bureaus.

Credit Karma is a very popular site for tracking personal credit rating. Unfortunately it is wildly inaccurate. With my numbers I have experienced it having an inaccuracy window of up to 100 points! I have no idea why it is allowed to fool people into thinking that their credit is either higher or lower than it is, but somehow they get away with it. Just don't believe the numbers they give you or you could make financial decisions based on false numbers and end up either taking offers that are not a good deal for you because you think you have worse credit than you do, or applying for credit that you will get turned down for, thus creating unnecessary hard inquiries on your credit, which could result in further damaging your numbers.

I created an account with Credit Karma a few years ago, asked for my credit reports, and everything went well. I decided to get an updated report recently, but when I tried to log in, I was told my password was incorrect. After trying every password I could think of (to no avail) I gave up and hit the "Forgot My Password" link. The pop-up said an email would be sent to me with instructions on resetting my password. 30 minutes later, no email, so I tried again with the same results. I tried several times before giving up and contacting their Customer Support.

I explained in great detail the problems I was having. I received an auto-reply with a link to the exact same page. I tried filling out the "Reset My Password" one more time, and once again was told an email would be sent. It never arrived. I wrote Customer Support a second time explaining that this wasn't working. I received another auto-reply asking me to submit additional information, which I provided. Once again, they sent me the same link to the same useless page.

Completely frustrated, I wrote another lengthy email, which provided detailed information on the problem I was having, asking someone to PLEASE take the time to actually read what I had sent. A representative finally responded, saying that my account had been confirmed and offering me two options to correct the problem. They then considered the issue "resolved." It wasn't.

I tried both options and had the same results. I tried to completely reset the account (one of their suggestions) and received a notice saying I wasn't registered (after the representative confirmed I was). I then tried registering again using a different email address, only to be informed that I already had an account (after they told me I didn't). At this point, I was ready to throw up my hands and scream, but being a tenacious sort of person, I thought I'd give Customer Support one more chance.

I wrote the Customer Support rep yet again, going into great detail about the problem, explaining that the suggestions she provided did not work. I asked what other options were available to me, and said that I was growing increasingly frustrated at Credit Karma's inability to resolve such a simple problem. What response did I received? The same auto-reply with a link to reset my password, i.e., the one that didn't work the first four times I tried it. I responded asking someone to please read the email I sent rather than just hit auto-reply. And what did Credit Karma do? They sent me another auto-reply, of course, this time asking me for additional information (just like the one they sent earlier). I filled it out and hit the "submit" button, but it wouldn't send.

As tenacious as I am, everyone has their limits. Credit Karma's "Customer Support" (and I use the term loosely) obviously consists of sending out auto-replies, placing their customers into a never-ending daisy chain. If you want to save yourself from endlessly slapping yourself in the head and screaming about incompetence, stay away from Credit Karma... or pray that you never have to use their Customer Support. It is without a doubt the worst I have ever experienced.

I saw a Credit Karma commercial with an ** woman checking her score which was 690, but all the ** people's scores were 720 or above. I didn't like that at all. It's like ** people can't have good credit. I find that k be very racial.

Credit Karma makes money from credit card offers selected. I get that but give honest offers. I guess they weren't making money from me since I wasn't applying. I've tried twice now. Twice they've listed that I was a good candidate for a card and twice I've been denied. I would not have applied otherwise. These were apparently very good cards and since I only have about 2000 in credit and just started with cards a year ago, I don't qualify. Those inquiries ding your credit. Now I'll have useless inquiries on file for at least 6 months.

My identity has been stolen. Credit Karma was one of the companies that accessed my credit report fraudulently. I have tried to contact Credit Karma to make sure they haven't given out my personal information to the identity thief. Credit Karma does not answer their phones, they don't respond to emails, and they don't respond to help tickets submitted on their website. I have to confirm that either (1) no account has fraudulently been set up with Credit Karma in my name OR (2) any account set up in my name with Credit Karma has been closed as fraudulent. This is a very serious matter. I am absolutely horrified that I have been unable to talk with someone at Credit Karma about the fraudulent activity.

Allows you to monitor your credit score and check it as much as you want. When the score changes it tells you what went on or off your credit report. Does not cost anything. It uses only things you would know the answer to, to verify your identity. It gives you your credit report too so you can see what fraudulent things may be on your report. If you find anything wrong in your credit report you can submit a dispute and they will investigate it for you and send the results when done. I have not come across any cost using credit karma. I have been able to look at my credit and credit score for free. I never had to put in a credit card when I signed up.

Credit karma provides great services and services are too fast and correct. Also it is safe to use and you can trust its report which is very authentic so I would recommend it to others. Credit karma is very secured and you can trust on it that no personal information or personal credentials can ever be disclosed to any one. Credit karma provides amazing customer service and they are very helping and I love the way they are listening customers concern and resolve their issues. Credit Karma is worth what it charges for the amazing and accurate service they provide.

The offered services that Credit Karma has available are great. They offer great safe information on credit scores. I love them and the services they offer. Overall they are a great company and I would recommend them for others to use to obtain credit scores. The security is awesome. Everything is safe and secure so you don't have to worry about anything crazy happening to all your private information. Very secure and safe site. The overall customer service they provide to its valued users is excellent. I haven't had any issues with them. They are all very nice, helpful and professional to their users. The costs are pretty reasonable. Very great and affordable for its users. They aren't overpriced or expensive at all.

They tell you what could be done to improve your rating and save you money by telling you what credit cards are offering the best rates. Have not had a problem with security on Credit Karma, they always seem to know anytime you get a new credit card or apply for any kind of credit. There is no cost to be a member of Credit Karma. I have never had to spend a cent. They advertise that it is free on TV and the radio and have great ads.

It's been awhile back when I used it. It was a service where I got to see my credit score which was good. Overall I enjoyed the experience. It felt very secure which is unlike some other sites I have used. It felt like my information was confidential. Overall I was happy with the security with Credit Karma. I liked the customer service portion of Credit Karma. They were helpful and it was a good experience. Nothing to complain about at all. The cost was good to use Credit Karma. It was affordable and I didn't feel like I was spending a fortune trying to check my credit score. Overall good experience.

Don't feel like you have to worry and that the info is secure. I've used them in the past and I keep going back to them because you don't have to pay anything either. I don't worry because you know there's a lot of people out there using them. A place that can get your info and feel good about. You pay nothing... now that's terrific. How can you beat that? I think for not paying anything it's great.

This service offers innovative services and an easy to use site for everyone. It caters all your needs, finding out your credit score and so on. Its security is amazing. You can trust this site since it been for a while and many people using this for a long time. And pretty much I am one of them who are satisfied. The service is exceptional. It's available 24 hours and you can email or call them right away. They are very responsive and helpful for everything you need. They are there to assist me. I would say the cost is pretty reasonable for the service you get. The rates are competitive and you will get satisfied out of it. Trust me.

The services offered gives you 2 credit scores while offering to update those scores frequently. CK keeps in contact with us via email as needed absolutely free. I have no reason to worry about security with this company. They do not over-contact me nor do they try to push other products on me. They stick with credit reporting only. This is a company that is focused on strictly one section of your finance.

The product felt secure and provided enough description. The site keeps information confidential and it is a reliable site to use for credit. I would highly recommend this customer service because they are reliable as well as willing to go above and beyond to help customers with their problems. The costs are minimal to none, and they are very useful despite cost. The cost is not as important as how much the site actually helps the customers in the long run.

It gives you your credit report along with suggestions to improve your credit like credit card offers or financial advice. You can also dispute things you find on your report and send your updates when needed. It offers a lot of services for a free site. I haven't had any security problems. I think it is a secure site. I'm not sure what they do as far as security but I feel that it is safe. I haven't had to use customer service so I can't give much of a description but I have found the website to be very user-friendly. There is no cost to view your report, dispute something, or receive offers. I think it is a reliable service for free and as far as I know, has no hidden fees or anything--it's completely free.

Free service and easy to use and the app is very easy. Give you ideas to help your credit and possible credit cards. Shows 2 credit scores that differ from the actual score. The product is secure to use. Never had any issues. It is so easy to use and understand. The app is very useful. It use a code to get into the site which make it a lot easier than a user name and password. It is completely free. Have not had to pay for anything to use the app or the website.

Credit Karma Company Profile