Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.87/5

Credit Karma Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2020

Never knew Credit Karma had a tax service. It was so easy to use and free! I even did my taxes in a "pay for program" (to compare the totals) and got the same result so knew it was legit. I did not have to use their customer service since it was easy to use but looks like they would be available for all questions. Even has protection in the event of a mistake or audit. Surprised they do not advertise this. Very impressed and would use again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My husband and I recently applied for a reverse mortgage. We thought our current credit would be acceptable even though we had a bankruptcy two years ago because we never had a late payment on our home mortgage or our car loans, not even with the bankruptcy, but the loan officer told us she could not find any information at all on any of the standard credit reporting agencies! When we looked at our CREDIT KARMA account we realized that they DID have all the past records for our mortgage payments and car loan payments always being on time, and yes, we passed this information on to the loan officer, who was basically astounded that CREDIT KARMA had that information----made a world of difference in our final proposal for the reverse mortgage. Now, our personal opinion on this is that CREDIT KARMA is doing a better job in favor of CONSUMERS!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I rarely submit reviews but this I had to. I was stuck on a score of 680 and getting over 700 was hard. I took their recommendation to consolidate credit card debt and pay it off through a debt consolidation loan. My 2 cards had $8400 with high interest rates. It was proving tough to get ahead after some poor spending habits. (That's the key, self control.) I paid down 80% of my debt ($8000 approx) with a 3rd party lender at 7%, which saves me a lot of money in interest over 3 years, and rarely use my credit cards now. So they have very low balances, thus making my score jump 40 points in 2 weeks.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Credit Karma for many years, just to keep track of my credit scores. They have been consistently accurate and consistent with ratings issued by credit services, which figures since Credit Karma does not "create" your credit scores, they simply report scores from two of the credit services. This year, I used their tax filing service. Our returns are fairly simple now (retired), so I was able to complete the federal forms in about an hour or so, and the system did our state returns automatically. I filed on a Tuesday, received confirmation that our returns had been accepted on Wednesday, and had both payments, federal and state, in the bank within two weeks. Simple, free and accurate. Note: I receive no advertising from them as I opted out of that. When you go online with them they advertise various credit cards, but that's "take it or leave it". That's how they make their money, but it does not commit you to anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The information is always correct and accurate in a timely manner, I've been so pleased at the information and professional website that Credit Karma has. It has been very secure for me to truly trust with my personal information and even alerting me when I was logging in through a different device to confirm that it was indeed me. I've also recommended it to close friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please do try Credit Karma. You will be pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: March 30, 2020

I wanted to update my information phone number and Credit Karma is now asking for proof of Document like my pictures of my Drivers license and Utility bill! So I thought ok I’ll send my ID and Utility and now there asking for more information like my passport and other personal information Sensitive documents!!! So My question is did I have to do this when I first installed Credit Karma app?

Original review: March 27, 2020

I hear commercials all the time for Credit Karma and decided to sign up. It turns out someone else signed up for my information. So I emailed them to ask them to fix it, and it 2 weeks for them to respond. Now I have to provide them with a ton of documentation to prove it is me. Why was this documentation not required from the person who essentially stole my identity? They are joke outfit and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Last year I filled out my taxes late and without any help. The app guides you through the whole process taking you with ease, step by step, lets you fill both state and federal taxes and tells your possible tax returns. In less than 15 minutes I did my own taxes, the returns were processed, approved and deposited in less than 30 days and, which is better yet, totally free.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I have been trying for months to login into my acct. I have went thru the process they suggest to change your password. I will change password, immediately try to sign into my acct and it still states my password is incorrect. The site doesn't do me any good if I can't sign in to see the offers they are emailing me to take advantage of.

Lori

Original review: March 24, 2020

Credit Karma, in the past, was a quick and reliable way to monitor their version of your credit rating. HOWEVER, try to dispute a report or entry to your report, there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have tried to contact them because they keep sending me emails that I have missed a payment on a credit card that has been closed for over a year. Credit Karma assigned a case number and they never followed up or responded. Many, many inquiries requesting a status go unanswered and ignored. Further, I feel like I have been targeted by a stalker, I cannot make a simple purchase on my paid in full credit card but Credit Karma lowers my credit score for a $40 purchase. I am looking at the new Credit Sesame service and will unsubscribe from Credit Karma, which has become worthless and unreliable.

Credit Karma Company Information