Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Credit Karma Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My husband and I recently applied for a reverse mortgage. We thought our current credit would be acceptable even though we had a bankruptcy two years ago because we never had a late payment on our home mortgage or our car loans, not even with the bankruptcy, but the loan officer told us she could not find any information at all on any of the standard credit reporting agencies! When we looked at our CREDIT KARMA account we realized that they DID have all the past records for our mortgage payments and car loan payments always being on time, and yes, we passed this information on to the loan officer, who was basically astounded that CREDIT KARMA had that information----made a world of difference in our final proposal for the reverse mortgage. Now, our personal opinion on this is that CREDIT KARMA is doing a better job in favor of CONSUMERS!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I wanted to give a positive review to Credit Karma. They have caught fraudulent activity on my SSN 3 times now and have each time literally saved my bacon. Their notifications were IMMEDIATE, therefore I was able to nip everything in the bud and prevent a lot of damage. Thank you so much, I will continue using you guys for years to come.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 3, 2019

I rarely submit reviews but this I had to. I was stuck on a score of 680 and getting over 700 was hard. I took their recommendation to consolidate credit card debt and pay it off through a debt consolidation loan. My 2 cards had $8400 with high interest rates. It was proving tough to get ahead after some poor spending habits. (That's the key, self control.) I paid down 80% of my debt ($8000 approx) with a 3rd party lender at 7%, which saves me a lot of money in interest over 3 years, and rarely use my credit cards now. So they have very low balances, thus making my score jump 40 points in 2 weeks.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Credit Karma for many years, just to keep track of my credit scores. They have been consistently accurate and consistent with ratings issued by credit services, which figures since Credit Karma does not "create" your credit scores, they simply report scores from two of the credit services. This year, I used their tax filing service. Our returns are fairly simple now (retired), so I was able to complete the federal forms in about an hour or so, and the system did our state returns automatically. I filed on a Tuesday, received confirmation that our returns had been accepted on Wednesday, and had both payments, federal and state, in the bank within two weeks. Simple, free and accurate. Note: I receive no advertising from them as I opted out of that. When you go online with them they advertise various credit cards, but that's "take it or leave it". That's how they make their money, but it does not commit you to anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The information is always correct and accurate in a timely manner, I've been so pleased at the information and professional website that Credit Karma has. It has been very secure for me to truly trust with my personal information and even alerting me when I was logging in through a different device to confirm that it was indeed me. I've also recommended it to close friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please do try Credit Karma. You will be pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Credit Karma is nothing but a racist piece of garbage!! Like everything else in this piece of garbage country!! They took my credit score down 16 points for a closed account that was 15 years old that should have never even been put on my credit report!! The reason I know it was purposely done is usually there is a 30 day wait until your credit file is updated!! Not with these racist pieces of garbages!!! They took it down as soon as the account was closed!! The same day!! It's like they could not wait to bring my score down!!

And this is not the first complaint I have made against them!! They want to make sure my score doesn't reach 800!! I complain before because they were taking down for nothing!! My spending stays below 15% on my cards and they would take 2-3 points off of it for nothing!! Then they put it back when I complain after them doing it for absolutely nothing!! It's like if you are not ** they will look for any reason they can to keep your credit score low!!

Yes it is purposely done!! I'm going to cancel their racist **!! It's sickening how you people are and your demise can't come soon enough for the lives you have destroyed and continue to destroy!! I will never understand how you are even allowed to live on the earth at all!! You think you are better than other people because you have stole and killed to get what you have!! But you're not!! But your karma is finally catching up to every single one of you!!! And your families!! So you better believe on thing!! And that is you reap what you sow because GOD doesn't like ugly.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Big deal, so Credit Karma is free. It is VERY SLOW to report the improvements you have, coming from poor credit to good, even though one follows every bit of 'advice' and suggestions the site provides! Credit scoring is a racket, and sites like these use your information just like the credit bureaus, to make money. Until folks wake up and kick their politicians' behinds to change policies to allow us to control the use of our information better, it's all phooey. For people who have fallen on a financial hard time, or even made a bad choice, there is no forgiveness, no hope. Better to be an ** or drug addict, you will get more hope and help!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Suddenly had an email saying I had dropped 8 points? Yes I took out a loan, yes it's up to date and tbh it is at a rate of 2.3%. You do not get that rate being a poor finance risk! However suddenly scoring me low is way out of proportion. Every other credit risk company has me up with an excellent score and now Credit Karma says FAIR! All my finances are up to date!! Not happy and if I see any negative impact a complaint will be a raised.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Had a 98% approval based on Credit Karma's recommendation so based on that percentage I selected the card (there is no visible disclaimer). I was denied and it dropped my score. I complained to credit karma then they sent me this long letter saying they know. It's disappointing... Beware of their advertising. They are paid to put offer these products with no regard for your credit.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

They said I was preapproved for a consolidation loan. What I owe is on unsecured debt!! They want to use my car as collateral. How?? It’s a 2019!! With a a big loan!! I hate false representation!! They lied!! They represent the loan company so I take it to be Credit Karma’s fault!! BS company.

Credit Karma Company Information