Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.34/5

Credit Karma Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My husband and I recently applied for a reverse mortgage. We thought our current credit would be acceptable even though we had a bankruptcy two years ago because we never had a late payment on our home mortgage or our car loans, not even with the bankruptcy, but the loan officer told us she could not find any information at all on any of the standard credit reporting agencies! When we looked at our CREDIT KARMA account we realized that they DID have all the past records for our mortgage payments and car loan payments always being on time, and yes, we passed this information on to the loan officer, who was basically astounded that CREDIT KARMA had that information----made a world of difference in our final proposal for the reverse mortgage. Now, our personal opinion on this is that CREDIT KARMA is doing a better job in favor of CONSUMERS!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I rarely submit reviews but this I had to. I was stuck on a score of 680 and getting over 700 was hard. I took their recommendation to consolidate credit card debt and pay it off through a debt consolidation loan. My 2 cards had $8400 with high interest rates. It was proving tough to get ahead after some poor spending habits. (That's the key, self control.) I paid down 80% of my debt ($8000 approx) with a 3rd party lender at 7%, which saves me a lot of money in interest over 3 years, and rarely use my credit cards now. So they have very low balances, thus making my score jump 40 points in 2 weeks.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Credit Karma for many years, just to keep track of my credit scores. They have been consistently accurate and consistent with ratings issued by credit services, which figures since Credit Karma does not "create" your credit scores, they simply report scores from two of the credit services. This year, I used their tax filing service. Our returns are fairly simple now (retired), so I was able to complete the federal forms in about an hour or so, and the system did our state returns automatically. I filed on a Tuesday, received confirmation that our returns had been accepted on Wednesday, and had both payments, federal and state, in the bank within two weeks. Simple, free and accurate. Note: I receive no advertising from them as I opted out of that. When you go online with them they advertise various credit cards, but that's "take it or leave it". That's how they make their money, but it does not commit you to anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The information is always correct and accurate in a timely manner, I've been so pleased at the information and professional website that Credit Karma has. It has been very secure for me to truly trust with my personal information and even alerting me when I was logging in through a different device to confirm that it was indeed me. I've also recommended it to close friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please do try Credit Karma. You will be pleased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I received an email just over a week ago that there was a hard inquiry thru TransUnion on a Barclays Bank credit card. It dinged my score by 4 points, so it got my attention. Called Barclays and it was fraud. Sent letter to TransUnion, since they won't handle fraud cases on the phone. Long story short, they saved my butt!!! Thanks, Credit Karma!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I consistently have a high credit score. I know when to best close a credit, but I thought I'd checked Credit Karma to see what they have to say about the best way to close an account. I have one horrible cc I want to close. Much to my surprise, they said NOTHING about the best way to close an account. They said NOTHING about the process, only that you should be careful. The only advice was that it might be good to close a account with high interest and fees and that you can close an account with a balance, HUH??? All fluff, no real advice.

So, if Credit Karma is aiming their service to young people, think about it 20 somethings before you give them your email address. Find another source for advice, perhaps from an old guy like me. I've been working credit cards deals for years. As such, I never worry about a major expense. Knowing how to "work it" has served me well. You don't need Credit Karma, as every credit card is now offering free credit scores. Don't take the hook, look what they offer first and don't give them your email address. Then sign up if you like it. Ironically, when I pay of my last c card deal, my credit score will probably go down.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Be very wary of the "score" Credit Karma provides - it is not at all accurate. It is overinflated significantly by a good 50 points! It's trickery at its finest. I applied for a card based on their recommendation and my "score" which seemed pretty decent only to be denied. It seemed odd so I checked my score directly with the credit bureaus and saw that it was considerably lower than what credit Karma was showing! No wonder I was denied, however, the process of applying and getting denied cost me another hit to my credit! This site is actually extremely detrimental to your score if you are trying to raise it. DO NOT GO BY THE SCORE THEY SHOW YOU. It is a racket designed to hock high interest credit cards to unassuming people. They should be sued for this activity.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Get free notifications for all of my credit activity. The scores are only like 10 points from my actual score, which is pretty impressive. The estimated mortgage pre approval was like spot on with my actual buying power. I’m liking what you’re doing Credit Karma. Totally recommend for credit monitoring for anybody.????

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

They have wrong info. Wrong scores. Guide you to denials. It's a trap and fraudulent trap. This company needs to be sure over accurate information and misleading people to credit cards or loans that never match.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Credit Karma makes recommendations for loan companies and summarizes the total cost of the recommended loan amount. HOWEVER, it does not include all the fine print costs relating to the loan e.g. "origination fees". So- the advertising of loans and associated rates seems to be somewhat "sneaky".

Credit Karma Company Information