2.93/5

298 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I spent over an hour trying to upload my state id. Over 30 attempts. Numerous lighting conditions and resolutions. If one side went through...being the photo side there was absolutely no way to get the barcode on the back of id to upload. Even tried using another device. Ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I used this service for less than a year, and then overnight my access was denied. Came to find out there was a new email associated with my account. I contacted them and told them that this was fraud in process, and supposedly they froze my account with them and told me to go to the authorities. They were not forthcoming as to what had happened or if my information was compromised or used in any way. I know the Bad security was in their end, since I am the only one from my side that has access to my device and information. BEWARE of using this company, maybe I am the only one that has experienced this, but maybe not.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Credit Karma free report said I had a 624. Come to find out at bank I don't have a score due to not using credit for several years. Was hugely embarrassed and let down. Now I have to start over but no place will start your credit without already having any. They don't take in mind all the bills I pay on time but if I missed them they would hurt my score. How is this fair. I need to sue Credit bullcrap. Just haven't figured out how yet. Don't believe the hype people.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I was very impressed with Credit Karma at first. They gave me good counsel and finally, I was able to climb to 700+ Score average. I thought I would get another card with points, so I applied for an American Express card with "Very Good Approval" rating. I was denied because my credit history was only 2 years old. Shouldn't this be factored into the recommendation formula? Why was my approval "Very Good"? I cleared up some late reporting from other cards which brought all of my cards down to zero with great history and no derogatory remarks etc. I reapplied for American Express with "Very Good Approval" once again and denied once again!!!

I switched to Credit Sesame and applied for a Discover Card with points back and was denied on the basis of too many inquiries in the past 3 months (the 2 AE card). Now I'm in a 6-month holding pattern because of these 2 bogus inquiries and I cannot move forward in my credit building! To top it off, there is no customer service contact information anywhere and I cannot even find out how to close my account! I am no longer a slave to debt and I can choose who I want to do business with. I'm through with American Express and Credit Karma. I don't NEED charity cards with annual fees and no real benefits. I have credit worthy of some real benefits. I will patiently wait to choose the right one. But I will not do it through Credit Karma.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I only dealt with them a day or two and overnight my credit score dropped 5 points. They are just trying to sell Capital One credit cards. THAT IS ALL! They tell you, "Go apply for this card. Great chance to get it"... Don't tell you every one you apply for drops your score at least 5 points. After reading these reviews this company is exactly what I thought it was. A RIP OFF. I am going to talk to my bank about my credit and getting a card through them. Best to just keep scrolling. Don't go to Credit Karma.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Credit Karma was much better when your accounts were updated daily. Now you are at the mercy of the two worst credit bureaus. Each only update once a month, so if you pay some cards off it will take minimum 30 days for it to show. Credit Karma is for research only and looking at your credit report at any time.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I signed up with Credit Karma and I check my account regularly - my credit began to rise and Credit Karma started offering options to apply for certain companies as they thought it was a good chance for approval - No. This company is paid by the sponsors to advertise their services whether you are qualified or not. This also cause more damage to the account that they are suppose to help you resolve with the inquiries affecting your score. Leave the company to their sponsors and save your money and your credit.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I signed up and everything was OK for six months. Then all of a sudden they were showing 28 negative accounts. They are not on my credit reports with the three main ones! I contacted them three times with no reply. They kept sending me emails to contact an attorney to get help with my credit issues. Lol. What a scam!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

So my credit score on TransUnion is 592, I understand that bad, but never do anything for anyone that will destroy your rep and credit. When I went to go purchase a car at a dealership. They came back after checking my credit, well to my freaking huge surprise shocker. My TransUnion credit score was 464. How the ** is there a 128 score difference. Credit Karma should be ** shut down.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been using Credit Karma for a couple years and during that time I have had a couple different cell phone numbers. I have been able to get logged into my account but cannot view my tax records. I try to click onto my tax account and am blocked because I am accessing my account from an unknown address. I appreciate that but they have my old phone number on file with NO way to update it. I went through the whole process of updating my cell number, selecting that I did not have access to the old one, uploading photos of my license, only to be redirected to the beginning of the mad race and be instructed to go through the process of uploading again. I have had issues with them before but this is the most frustrating because I NEED those documents and they are technically MINE!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I just un-joined Credit Karma, after more than 5 years as a member. When I first signed up it was rather unique in being a free service that gave alerts when some company checked your credit. But over the years, I have accumulated other services that give the same free alerts and credit scores. Some are through credit cards, others are just because a company had a security breach, and they provide a free monitoring service to everyone who had their information part of the breach. Then in the last few months, Credit Karma starting ignoring their own policies about sending me email. Even though I always had the box that says "Email Me Relevant offers" turned off, I started getting all kinds of useless crap about getting loans etc. And they refuse to turn those off. So it’s gone from something that was useful to something that is an annoyance. So I left.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Within 1 month my CK score has gone from 674 to 620 to 617 to 660 to 622. Absolutely nothing has changed to cause this fluctuation. I know CK is not accurate and that banks use completely different formulas, but this is ridiculous.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Credit Karma, credit sesame etc are only click sites to sell credit cards. The scores are nowhere near anything a lender requires. 3 larger banks told me this when applying for a mortgage. Garbage, bs. etc. Discover is claiming to give you a FICO score. 100% not true bogus numbers. Then they recommend another credit card to buy. I have 2 secured card, only 200 bucks each 3 weeks old no payment due, my score dropped 80 points lol. Although they say you need cards to increase your score. These scammers need to be shut down.

Original review: July 1, 2018

It is troubling to know that a business such as Credit Karma, which has access to your personal information, yet does not have live customer service. The number on their "Contact us" is not in service, leaving you to have to print a form and mail it to get resolution to urgent matters or concerns such as access to your tax info, or addressing account login issue. Being that it is accessed via internet shouldn't the FCC standards apply to them when handling customer concerns.

Original review: June 24, 2018

APP Doesn't Work. Verification failed repeatedly. I'm a native US citizen with no criminal record, good credit, and valid ID. Credit Karma wasted an hour of my time and does not work. It was unable to validate my ID. Don't waste your time. Use a different service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This Credit Karma is total crap. They say they don't ask for my credit card to get my score, lol. That's exactly what it did and when I didn't give it, I didn't get my "free" score, what a misrepresentation if I ever saw one.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Get the monthly emails like everyone else. Says my score was 760's. Actual score when getting credit run... 705. Talked to 2 guys when house shopping and they said they said this is fairly common. Knock off around 40-50 points and you'll be closer to your actual score.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Everything is easy to use and understand at Credit Karma. I like that they email me and provide updates on my credit score. I also like that I can see basically anything I want to via Credit Karma website. It is absolutely convenient and I enjoy using this website.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My overall experience with Credit Karma has exceeded my expectations. This site is well thought out and provides me with all the information I need. I find the information on their site to be useful and the monitoring of my credit helps me to be proactive in looking for credit issues. I am very happy with the information I receive. Updated and accurate credit report for free as well as suggestions for ways to improve your credit rating, credit card offers based on your rating, and general information about what the different parts of your credit rating mean.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I like the fact it asks you things from your personal life that only you would know. That way no one else can get in and view my credit score, it's the only website that I actually trust to go on and see my credit score. But when they ask those personal question, there's one I always get wrong and I can't remember it, so after I get it wrong I get locked out and can't keep trying. I just wish there was something else I could do to be able to get in and check my credit score again. But it is the best website that I know of or that I have used. I am satisfied with it.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Credit Karma is very easy to use. It's semi factual, and accessible both on mobile and online platforms. The website is fast and easy to use. I feel as if the information isn't one hundred percent true, because it's not an actual credit company. But I feel like it's pretty secure and genuine about the results. It gives a good representation on what your credit score is. It also has helpful tips and information. Credit Karma also helps with other opportunities to improve your credit score and how to maintain it. But I would like the website to be more accurate and secure.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I like Credit Karma. It is free and it gives useful, helpful information that is updated weekly. It also is easy to use and gives recommendations to improve your score. It offers TransUnion score and I think Experian too. But I don't need more credit cards. I don't think they should be a part of Credit Karma. They hurt my credit in the first place. And I would like more ways to improve my score on a monthly basis.

Original review: May 29, 2018

The website was very easy to use and my credit was made available immediately after logging in. The site includes info from all the credit bureaus. Also gives you a break down of your credit and shows all your credit since you had an acct Like how it breaks down each acct with the length of time it has been open. Accts are easy to read and Accts all are on the same page. But the credit info with the report needs to match the other credit reports. Would like the accounts to be more broken down and easy to read. Should give you more alerts and let you update more often. Should include all 3 credit reports. More info about the closed accounts and less info on accounts. And I would like to be able to contact the other credit bureaus at the same time.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I love Credit Karma. I have used it for a few years now and it seems like a pretty awesome site. It is very secure and offers you tips on how to improve your credit. They also offer a very secure and safe environment and even log you off if you forget to. That way your password and info stay secure. I have been able to raise my credit score by a few points and plan on signing up for a credit card in the near future to improve my score even more. You can make your credit good within as little as a year using a secure card.

Original review: May 27, 2018

It is simple to sign up, it is quick to get your credit report, it is free. Easy to access. If you want to pay for the service they give you the option for more services. Can get notifications if pay for the service, to keep up and monitor your score. The Credit Karma site is good as it is.

Original review: May 26, 2018

It is very easy to set up and take very little time to do. It is completely free and easy to navigate through the website and it give helpful information about your credit score. They send emails and updates about credit score and I like that so I can keep up to date with my credit score. It also shows what credit cards are best for you to try to apply for and which will be more likely to approve you. But I wish there were more information on how to build credit. But other than that I can't complain about anything else. It is a great site to use.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Doesn't require a monthly or yearly subscription. Don't have to enter debit card number or other billing information. Provides emails with any changes to credit report. However, website could be a little easier to navigate. Doesn't show all 3 bureaus at once. Doesn't offer enough explanation of how credit score is determined or ideas on how to improve score. Nevertheless, it is a secure website with good better business bureau rating. Most recommended credit score and report website. Easy to navigate site. Easy to create an account. Not too many personal questions.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The Credit Karma site seems to be secure enough for my tastes and I was able to view my credit information and use that information to figure out some financial issues. It's a fast way to get your credit score and figure out how likely you are able to get a loan or anything else that you might be applying for. It was a positive experience with Credit Karma. But I am always nervous about giving out my social security number over the internet as you never know exactly how secure a website is and there's a lot of shady companies out there.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Credit Karma was easy to use and quick to process. I needed to clean up my credit and it's helping me do that. It helped me deal with my credit issues. It was flashy, and kept my attention. Some parts were a little overly flashy though. Also it was extremely over personal, and I was amazed to find that I had multiple credit reports but it seems a little confusing. I was lost for a portion of the time in navigation. Overall still, it was good although it was a little frustrating, I wish there were more helper tools to keep things moving at a quicker pace.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I really like credit karma. This is an excellent and a free way to check it my score without affecting my credit. I felt safe giving my personal information, and I can check my score anytime I need to without a hassle. I have the app and I check my score about every 7 days. I use it a lot. And it gives me options for credit cards that I can be approved for. It gives me breakdowns of my credit report. It's not an exact score though, and I would like to know my exact score. But even if it's not exact I still have an estimate. And shows me how I can improve my score. It's a great site.

Credit Karma Company Information