3.28/5
  • 1 star
Based on 130 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 29, 2017

144 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Signing up for Credit Karma was super easy and it only took a few minutes. Once the sign-up process was completed I was able to access my credit report for free. I enjoyed the website and the site and its features are great as is. What I like most is accessing my credit report from the comfort of my home or phone and I was happy that it wasn't a scam.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Credit Karma is it is easy to use and the best part is it’s free. I am very satisfied with checking my credit score and I feel very safe that Credit Karma is safe. I really like how there are options to get your credit score high again with the option of credit cards and that I can tell how low or high my credit score is. It also recommends how to build your credit by choosing from a lot of credit cards. But besides the credit cards to build your credit they should make it so you only pay a monthly fee and not have to deposit money just to get a credit card.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Credit Karma seems very accurate and easy to navigate. It is also easy to use and has a cellular phone application that is very helpful on the go. But it seems to have old information for a long time and isn't updated often. I am unfamiliar with other apps re: credit because Credit Karma provides all 3 major credit bureaus. It is convenient to be able to view all three major credit scores in one website and it provides access to your three most important scores. I am very satisfied with Credit Karma.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I have had a great experience with Credit Karma. Easy to access and I like the part where you can see the changes and other activity on your credit report. I loved how they made the pie wheel to show you where you are and how close you are to reaching your goal credit score. The new color scheme is nice also. I wish they could give you real time credit advisor to help you with questions or solutions. Also, if there was a way to have your credit report updated on the number of accounts that have fallen off your score.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Do not EVER EVER EVER use these people to make a soft inquiry about being pre-approved for a personal loan. The website says the pre-approval inquiry doesn't affect your credit rating. But as soon as I filled in the form and clicked Enter, I got a notification that my credit rating had dropped 42 POINTS!!! It will take me literally YEARS to work back up to the very good rating that I had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Credit Karma is very easy to use and is a very valuable asset to have. Not knowing your credit score could cost you more money when you finance a house or car. I love getting an email from Credit Karma letting me know when my credit score has changed as this could help me get a better interest rate for a loan or credit card. But Credit Karma could be better if they come up with a list of ways to improve your score like establishing a store credit card, gas card or small bank loan.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Credit Karma seems to be the most secure site of all the credit reporting sites and the layout of the site presents a professional appearance and a seamless process to obtain the information needed when it comes to credit reporting. The site provided seamless access to all three reporting agencies. Having all three reporting agencies in one spot helps to see if there are any discrepancies across the three agencies. It also provided support if there were any disputes on the credit report.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

It doesn't cost any money to check your credit score with Credit Karma and it doesn't affect your rating to do this. And you can check your credit any time you want and you can do it by computer or cell phone. It is very easy to use by submitting your Social Security number and they let you know as soon as you are finished and they will send you email pretty often to remind you that you can check your credit report as often as you like. I dislike giving anyone my social security number but Credit Karma can be trusted.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

It appears this site is a front to get you to obtain a credit card. My "scores" go up and down on an almost weekly basis about 40 points, and I am in the over 800 area, and do nothing to affect my scores. I come to realize my emails from Karma are simply to get me to get another credit card. Truly, a scam site.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

It provided accurate and reliable information and offered emails to manage your credit with tips and advisory. It is easy to use and covered all credit reporting agencies. It is helpful to be able to trust a site to help keep track of my most current credit reports. But the monthly subscription cost is very expensive. I don't like the cost of 20.95 per month to have to maintain my credit report. Something free would be very beneficial.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

It is easy to use and I like the convenience of checking my credit on my phone anytime and anywhere. I have also found Credit Karma to be on point with my credit score. It is also nice that I can just click an icon on my phone and there is all this information at my fingertips! I also enjoy that Credit karma gives me resources and ways and advice on how to improve my scores.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I do not like Credit Karma or any of its affiliates. They take your info and bombard you incessantly with harassing mass marketing phone calls under local area codes to throw you off. The market for credit reporting is super shady. It preys on people who forgo their best judgement in an effort to repair their credit. Horrible people.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The Credit Karma site provides me with all inquiries and when they were made. It also provides recommendations for improving my credit score with low APR credit cards. However, it seems there is a lag between my actual credit score and what the site provides. I would make this real time as it relates to transactions made in real time. Nevertheless, I can go through my entire credit history and look for errors. I can also see any issues that negatively affect my score and make corrections as needed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

When checked my credit score through Credit Karma there is a hard inquiry that does not exist. It is as follows SYNCB/JCP on 04-04-2016 National Credit Card Airlines. It also gives location and phone number of the business to ask about it. I was told they had no idea as to what I was talking about. I owe them nothing. Also they do not even offer such credit cards. Now this is against me because someone messed up.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Upon making my monthly review on Credit Karma, I discovered missing information and apparently there is no way to contact Credit Karma to correct this. An auto loan of 32,900.00 that was paid off in 2016 is missing completely from their report. I tried to contact Credit Karma about that matter, but keep getting the electronic run-around. Their webpage format has changed recently so you can't see your creditors together on one page like you used to be able to do. What kind of company doesn't have customer service? My thought: A bad company. I checked with Equifax and this loan is on their report. My question now becomes, how much other stuff is Credit Karma missing and why? Pay the monthly fee with a more reputable firm and get real monitoring so you actually have accurate information about your own credit.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been following my credit score closely on Credit Karma and making payments according to the accounts shown in red. After a large payment Credit Karma said I was at 723 with Experian. However, when I had it pulled by a local bank for an auto refinance loan it came in at 689!! That's not even close!! I am very disappointed with my experience. According to my bank representative this happens all of the time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

It was easy to sign up with Credit Karma. I like the e-mail notifications and that Credit Karma is free to check, and doesn't go against your credit score. I also like that they give suggestions on how to improve credit score. I would improve Credit Karma so the things that are lowering the credit score, you could reach out to the proper place and set up payment arrangements or have links by them so you could contact the proper place to work on your credit score. Also, it is sometimes hard to navigate. They only show you one credit card you could be approved for at a time. I wish they would allow a list. I like the e-mail notifications but don't like getting 2 or 3 day. One notification a day would be efficient enough. Other than that, it was really easy to see what was lowering my credit score.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Credit Karma is free and provides all the information on one website. I like the way the website looks and feels. I also like how easy it is to make changes or have them look into questionable accounts. It's great as it is right now. The website is very easy to use and the information is thorough.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Credit Karma doesn't ask for your credit card, so you know it is really free and you won't get charged after the first month, like some of the other so-called free credit reporting companies. There are lots of advertising and offers, although I realized you can opt out on these. Their website is pretty easy to use and seems to be quite accurate.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Reliable. I heard about this site from a commercial on TV and thought I would like to check what my score was without having to pay a fee so I went to the site and signed up. Process was easy and free just like they claimed. The best thing is that it quickly provides your credit score. You can check it whenever you wish and always keep track. Also sends you alerts when score has changed. I am really satisfied with this site as a whole so not too much they would need to improve on for me maybe provide tips on how to keep your score in the good range.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

It is so easy and they have information to help you to rebuild your credit and help you find credit cards that you Could get approved for and they help you fill them out with ease. Some place say that it is not right, that needs to be fixed. When I tell people that I use that site they say it isn't correct in the numbers. But other than that, I never have a problem with the site. I have recommended it to several people. It has hopped me to rebuild my credit score back up. I started very low, like in the 300's, now I'm in the 600's.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I found everything I needed and there are no hidden fees at Credit Karma. It was recommended by a close friend and I am thankful for his recommendation. I found it very worthwhile and better than any other sites I have previously tried. It is a site that is very professional and easy to use. I will continue to use this site in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

They are Number One! I have been using Credit Karma's FREE website to get my online credit reports. When they said that it would be free, they meant it! I have been a customer for a few years now and it has always been a very positive experience for me. I intend to continue my online relationship w /Credit Karma. I honestly cannot find ONE derogatory thing to say about them.

My experience with this company has been nothing but positive. I would have absolutely no problem recommending their services to anyone and tell them the reasons why they should put them at the forefront when they are considering a company to go with when selecting a company for their credit reports. They are honest and upfront and the credit reports that I am able to access seem very accurate. Going forward, I am hopeful that they will continue to be a free company. Their website is also extremely user-friendly and very easy to navigate which is extremely important to me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I applied through Credit Karma and after the initial submission (soft credit check), I was approved pending submission of verification documents including copies of last three bank statements and last two pay stubs which I submitted. I did however, mark through each payees name on my statements, not the transaction amounts, just the names, and not the direct deposits. Shortly after submission, I received a call where I was told that they needed to see the complete statement where I argued that "who" I did business with was irrelevant as they were provided both the income and expense records! I was put on hold for a few minutes and when the guy came back, he advised that it was OK and that he could accept the documents the way they were and we hang up.

Now, it is at this point, I discover that a "hard hit" to my credit report has been done which is OK from my point as they just "approved" the loan verbally. Then I get an email declining the loan. My review is based on the yo-yo responses and the denial based on me arguing their need to see "who" I did business with which was the only reason I was denied! I don't have great credit (656) but not bad either, and working diligently to repair it. Considering they claim to cater to less than perfect credit, I was only seeking $2600.00 to consolidate credit card debt, they were all good-to-go until I refused to send bank statements that had not been redacted of the "names" only. I should also state that during the phone calls, there were noises of children playing in the background! Very unprofessional! I got a hard hit on my credit report due to a scam business!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

It was simple and easy to sign up with Credit Karma and it's been like 3 months since I used the site. I downloaded the app and was easy to follow instructions. No broken links and is self-explanatory. Credit Karma could offer more options to help fix credit. Disputes are difficult to prove even when you know that something is wrong. Other than that, the information provided was sufficient.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Beneficial, educational, helpful. I like that it breaks everything down in an accessible way. I also like the recommendations feature. That feature allows me to see what other options are out there for ways to boost my credit. It polls both Experian and TransUnion and provides recommendations. The website is a little clunky. Sometimes it's hard to find things. The recommendations for credit cards, etc. are sometimes featured too prominently on the main page in a way that is distracting from why I went to the website in the first place. It would also benefit from links to the three credit report companies so you can request a credit report from them on a semi-regular basis. Overall, it's been a good experience. It breaks down what influences my credit and notifies me when there have been hits to my credit and changes to my score.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like that I can get my credit scores from 2 of the 3 credit reports, if I find a mistake on either of them I can dispute right on the site. I can find either prepaid or credit cards I could have a pick of, I can look at all of my hard inquiries. One of the credit reporters is so much easier to dispute a mistake than the other one, they should be the same one. You have to look for a 10 digit number out. It's very hard to find and I would like a way to know when they would be removed from the credit report, what dates or a way to tell how much longer each item status on. But I have ease at finding my information in this site. It's easy to compare items on both reports and it provides what credit card offers are best for me. It offers ways to correct my credit and deal with collections.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This site gets good reviews and I know friends who have also used this site and was very pleased. I had a great experience with this site too. It was easy to navigate and to find out the necessary information regarding my credit score. My score appeared to be accurate when compared to another site that I use. There are also several resources on this site that can help improve my score.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I received a message, via email, that there were two queries into my credit information. I tried to contact them as it didn't say who or why there had been someone checking my credit score which actually affects the score. All you are able to do is hit links that are designed to corral you to generic questions that become so general as to be useless to your situation. I hate companies that discourage person to person contact and prevent person to person problem resolution. Credit Karma blows and I regret ever joining them. Avoid these con artists.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

They give me a detailed picture and analysis of my credit and I feel relatively secure giving my personal info over their website. I have not had any issues and have had good service every time I have visited the site and I have visited the site many times.

Credit Karma Company Information