Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.34/5

407 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My husband and I recently applied for a reverse mortgage. We thought our current credit would be acceptable even though we had a bankruptcy two years ago because we never had a late payment on our home mortgage or our car loans, not even with the bankruptcy, but the loan officer told us she could not find any information at all on any of the standard credit reporting agencies! When we looked at our CREDIT KARMA account we realized that they DID have all the past records for our mortgage payments and car loan payments always being on time, and yes, we passed this information on to the loan officer, who was basically astounded that CREDIT KARMA had that information----made a world of difference in our final proposal for the reverse mortgage. Now, our personal opinion on this is that CREDIT KARMA is doing a better job in favor of CONSUMERS!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I rarely submit reviews but this I had to. I was stuck on a score of 680 and getting over 700 was hard. I took their recommendation to consolidate credit card debt and pay it off through a debt consolidation loan. My 2 cards had $8400 with high interest rates. It was proving tough to get ahead after some poor spending habits. (That's the key, self control.) I paid down 80% of my debt ($8000 approx) with a 3rd party lender at 7%, which saves me a lot of money in interest over 3 years, and rarely use my credit cards now. So they have very low balances, thus making my score jump 40 points in 2 weeks.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Credit Karma for many years, just to keep track of my credit scores. They have been consistently accurate and consistent with ratings issued by credit services, which figures since Credit Karma does not "create" your credit scores, they simply report scores from two of the credit services. This year, I used their tax filing service. Our returns are fairly simple now (retired), so I was able to complete the federal forms in about an hour or so, and the system did our state returns automatically. I filed on a Tuesday, received confirmation that our returns had been accepted on Wednesday, and had both payments, federal and state, in the bank within two weeks. Simple, free and accurate. Note: I receive no advertising from them as I opted out of that. When you go online with them they advertise various credit cards, but that's "take it or leave it". That's how they make their money, but it does not commit you to anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The information is always correct and accurate in a timely manner, I've been so pleased at the information and professional website that Credit Karma has. It has been very secure for me to truly trust with my personal information and even alerting me when I was logging in through a different device to confirm that it was indeed me. I've also recommended it to close friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please do try Credit Karma. You will be pleased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I received an email just over a week ago that there was a hard inquiry thru TransUnion on a Barclays Bank credit card. It dinged my score by 4 points, so it got my attention. Called Barclays and it was fraud. Sent letter to TransUnion, since they won't handle fraud cases on the phone. Long story short, they saved my butt!!! Thanks, Credit Karma!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

When Noddle changed to Credit Karma it would not let me login with old details. I have emailed in excess of 20 times with no response. I have tried to reset password 50+ times never recognises it. Poor poor service to Previous long term clients. Avoid them as they are very very ignorant.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I watch my credit score every day. Recently I paid down my car payments for six months. I had to notify credit karma of that change after a month. Credit Karma took my score down three times in one month and never calculated that there were other payments made towards my credit cards. Why adjust your score every two to three days or even 7 days. Ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

You can damage yourself trying to get a better offer because the scores are not accurate. DO NOT USE AUTOPAY refinance. I was approved then not approved then approved with an high interest rate and told I was the wrong person. Incompetent! One more thing - you cannot even write a review on Credit Karma or Autopay!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Well I may be the only person to have something good to say about Credit Karma's scoring process. Last year I went to buy a car a new car at that. When I went into the dealership I checked my Credit Karma score around 590 something. I was sweating bullets because I didn't think I would get approved for the car that that I wanted and I did not LOL. But I did leave with a brand new car because my credit score was really 638. My score was 50 points higher and I've been driving for a year and a half in my brand new car that's not so new anymore. They are inaccurate but I think it goes both ways. Good luck.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I've had Credit Karma for years and was always impressed with the way they kept me informed with my Credit score and options for increasing it. Until recently I never gave any thought as to the figures being accurate. Right?? Who would? I recently co-signed for a personal loan (at my bank) with my daughter and was informed that my credit score was nowhere near the nu# presented at Credit Karma. Credit Karma showed my score to be ~760 which was pretty good in my opinion. So I'm going on the impression I'm doing well in the credit dept... Right? Wrong!!

When the bank pulled my credit report and brought it into me (in front of my daughter) It was almost 100 points less then what was appearing on the website ~690. I was embarrassed, as well as irritated! I asked the loan officer why the discrepancy??? She told me this happens all the time. People believe that they have a better score than they really do because Credit Karma pulls their reports out of Canada. Not sure what that has to do with it??? But the fact remains however they get these erroneous nu#s for your score???? Dont believe it, because they are not real!!! Fictitious nu#s made up to make you feel good. How does actually help anybody??? So disappointed. :( Will never believe anything on this website again. Being free doesn't help me if it doesn't actually help!!!

Credit Karma Company Information