Credit Karma

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When I first got on and it asked me questions about my credit stuff it told me that I had a mortgage loan in 2012? I was like, 11 in 2012. I got my first credit card when I turned 18 and my credit has been great. And when I actually got my credit score, it was HORRIBLE. When in reality it was very very good. A 200 point difference. I don't trust this site AT ALL. And I was about to file my taxes on it!!! Good God. I hope people don't actually use this site. It is unreliable and its information is completely wrong.

Here I am sitting on my sofa watching TV minding my own business. Phone vibrates saying I have a message. Open the message and it is from Roadloans.Com saying that I was denied a car loan from them. Really?! Number one I never applied with them. Number two I would like to know how they obtained my information and my social security number to run a credit check when I never gave them permission to do so. If I find out they obtained it illegally I will be calling an attorney.

I do not take anything that Credit Karma has to say to heart. I would advise anyone using the site to do the same. Fortunately I found this out years ago, like 2013. I applied for an auto loan and my score was 40 points higher in reality than what Credit Karma listed, great for me because I got a better interest rate, but not good for Credit Karma. It gave me no faith in their reporting system. Since then I use them as a baseline. I would use them to calculate how your score could be affected if you decreased debt. I would not use any of their resources to refinance loans, credit card debt, etc. I don't believe that they have good options. What I have personally found helps is credit card offers with 0% interest for balance transfers.

Ideally these should be lines of credit you already have open and with offers from those lines of credit. Then you transfer your highest interest earning credit card amount to that card and plan to have it paid off within the allotted time frame. You can also play the Rob Peter, pay Paul game. If you would be making a payment of 200 on one card and have a 0% interest offer on another do a balance transfer 3 weeks prior to the time of the payment is due (or right after the statement is released, so the payment is received in time. You have to stay on top of your credit cards and your awareness of what is going on with your accounts. If you were scheduled to make a $200 payment, make a $400 balance transfer to the credit line with the 0% offer. Then after the statement for the card the balance transfer was made to is released make a $400 payment to that card. You are really making 2 payments in one.

You will have a balance transfer fee, this is much smaller (normally about 2% or a minimum of $5-10) than the calculated interest rate that accumulates by making 2 small payments. Credit Karma does not give advice like this. Use them as a gauge but don't take their advice or scores to heart. I know that they currently have my score reported 70 points below what it actually is. I'm a 774 and they have me at a 704, big difference. I guess sometimes Credit Karma is nice for a giggle.

I seriously can't believe this literally just happened. I got an email stating that someone accessed my account. I was suppose to get 1785.00 back and then Credit Karma went in and changed my information. I have a copy of the 1785 refund and a copy of the 1388 refund paperwork. If they took your money I am willing to file a Class Action Lawsuit against Credit Karma and how they take your money. (*397 is a lot of money for me) I know damn well. Go somewhere else. Because not only is this Illegal I don't even know if I will get my money into my account.

Made a HUGE mistake and decided to file my taxes with Credit Karma. First off, I couldn't file my state taxes until TODAY apparently, when I filed my taxes a little less than 2 months ago. Now to my federal taxes: filled out the information as requested, then got an email saying the IRS wasn't accepting pins this year, which Credit Karma asked me to create (even when this is a new system for the year so they should've known this), so I had to prove my identity by giving them my modified adjusted gross income from last year. Sent it, Credit Karma said it was approved, and waited. Weeks went by, others received their tax returns, I receive a letter from the IRS. This letter stated that my 8962 did not match up to my 1095A, so I had to re file/amend my return. How can that be possible when I verified all of my information before sending it?! Now I won't receive my tax return money for another 2 months or longer.

I've emailed several times only to receive automated, generalized messages regarding "How to file an Amended Return" that can't even be done through their website even if I wanted to (says it's "not available yet"). No follow up, no real communication. Overall a shoddy business and tax system. As soon as someone contacts me I will be deleting my account and making sure everyone I know/can contact through reviews online will know not to ever use their system again. I don't know if it's possible, but with so many similar complaints we should be able to sue for illegally altering our tax returns... Maybe that will get their attention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

When I contacted them to inquire about the issues with my federal and tax return they sent me a link to their TOS explaining that they are not responsible and liable for anything that can and is going to go wrong. I am not even sure these claims are legal as there seems to be a case of negligence and an effort to cover it up. They should be investigated.

I received an email from Credit Karma and was interested in promoted One Main Finance Loan as there was a branch near my home and it was ranked as GOOD to be approved. The system kicked me out in the middle of App and then a minute later I got an email from Avant saying I was not approved! I canceled my Credit Karma account as I was angry due to a similar issue with Avant in December. Sent email immediately to Credit Karma as only phone number listed for Avant AND Since I did NOT APPLY WITH THEM IT OCCURRED ON Credit Karma's website totally unsolicited by me. While I was doing this I got an email from One Main to see if I wanted to complete app I started.

After I filed my taxes, Credit Karma altered my 1040. I filed with information that I downloaded immediately upon filing, and when I went back in a week later the information was changed. I have documentation of both forms and sent them an email which very clearly explained the issue which they dismissed.

Federal filing went fine - was submitted and accepted by the IRS. The State of Arizona tax return is another story entirely. It has been in "submitted" state for 9 days now - NOT "accepted". I finally called the State and they said they have not received ANYTHING for me from Credit Karma. I have opened 2 support tickets with Credit Karma and insisted they just resubmit the darn state taxes, and they insisted they escalate this issue, and STILL do not have any actions let alone a resolution on this matter. BEWARE BEWARE. I will "never ever" use their service again, and would not recommend them to ANYONE. I say again, consumer beware.

I did my taxes with Credit Karma, everything seemed hunky dory, then lo and behold one day I can't log in with no explanation. My account was just gone. So I email support, my account has been deactivated for security concerns without notifying me at all. NOW I HAVE NO IDEA IF MY TAX RETURN WILL MAKE IT TO MY BANK ACCOUNT. This is no way for a company handling very crucial tax information to handle their clients. I'm SOL for trying to be progressive and try something new. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I am devastated as I was looking forward to my return to pay off debt. Stick with brick and mortar.

I unfortunately tried out Credit Karma's new tax filing. It was a disaster. Numerous times their silly help guide skipped part of the 1040. I had to search the site to find out where to input HSA information and then the site mysteriously would not include the credit in the calculations. Turns out there was one stray check box filled out wrong and no alert or signal or explanation as to why that should mean the information would be excluded. Once I figured that out, I then reviewed my forms. Everything seemed OK. But somewhere between review and the online filing, their site deleted all my Schedule E information. Now I will have to amend my form and of course their site does not support the 1040X amended form and I will have to do it via snail mail instead.

Long story short, now I will have to wait an additional? 2-3? 4-5? months to get all of my refund. DO NOT USE THEIR TAX PREPARATION SITE. I have used two other online filing sites. They cost some money, but at least they work. If you use Credit Karma, you will get the service free, but you get what you pay for evidently. I will be filing a complaint form with the IRS about their horrible site and their complete lack of customer service. THERE IS NO CONTACT INFORMATION ON THEIR SITE.

I decided to file my taxes through Credit Karma since I have been using them to monitor my credit scores for a few years now. I filed my federal tax on January 27th, 2017 and everything with that went fine. The system told me I couldn't submit my state return because Georgia was not accepting returns. Which I didn't understand because my co-worker did his taxes on the same day on a different website & was not told that plus he received his state return on February 3rd. Now my state status on Credit Karma just says in progress with no way to recover my state return. I can't submit it & there is not even a link to open it up. I emailed the support team for four days before I got a response back. But all in all they can't tell me anything.

We used CKT for my federal and state returns. A small amount was owed the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and we opted to for a bank account withdrawal in April. After e-filing, the system allowed me to save the returns. So far so good. After everything was complete, I checked the downloaded returns and we're missing at least two Schedules for Pennsylvania and confirmation of the subsequent bank withdrawal to satisfy what's owed to PA. I contacted CKT Support first asking for the bank withdrawal confirmation because I didn't yet realize that the Schedules were missing. The response was slow and the typical "we're looking into it." Later, I realized the lack of Schedules and contacted them again. At this point, I don't know what's been filed with the Pennsylvania... And apparently neither does CKT.

Due to Credit Karma’s inaccurate reporting offers were made from different banks to refinance my car. My credit was ran too many times to only be told by these agencies the score given to me was inaccurate and that I should contact Credit Karma. I was also told that this would not cause points to my credit since the report was already available and that’s why Credit Karma’s banks suggestions list was available to me. I would like those points back. And Credit Karma should write a letter explaining what happened to my credit report. All this negative impact needs to be removed immediately.

I decided to give Credit Karma a try today after seeing all the commercials. I have NEVER used this service before. Once I was done registering I was unable to log in because the site said that I already had an account linked to the email address **. Needless to say, my name isn't Rob. I contacted customer support through the website since they don't have a telephone number and informed them of the problem. The only reason that I gave 2 stars is because before I could even finish writing this review one of their customer support people had already contacted me through email, suspended my account and gave me the option to join through different measure that don't involve the internet. I politely declined.

I loved Credit Karma until I did my taxes on their site. After I efiled my Federal return I could no longer get back into the Tax portion of the site. For five days and counting the error message I get is this: "This is awkward. There is a problem and we are working on it. Try back in a bit." How long is a bit? A year? I have emailed every customer service link there is on their site. All I receive is automated emails. I cannot get back in to view my return, I cannot continue to file my state taxes. Don't use the Tax part of the site! They really need to get a phone number where you can speak to a person. Their customer service efforts are horrible.

I used Credit Karma to do my income taxes for this year. When I finished they said that New Mexico was not accepting the tax forms yet But I know people that are already getting their tax returns for this state. My niece used H and R Block and her state tax form for New Mexico has been accepted. And now I think I will go to another company to get my state tax form accepted.

Very long story short, but got screwed really good because of Credit Karma!! My Credit Karma Scores are, TransUnion 723, Equifax 729. But since they don't show Experian, I decided to sign up on Experian's site for my score. Damn it, they had my score at 653?? Really, how could this be?? That's a big difference. But I already made choices based on my Credit Karma scores. So I put a lot of stock in these scores. Applied for a much needed loan with LightStream, turned down, then with Lending Club, same thing, then with Prosper, same thing. So finally got a reason from LightStream, my Equifax Score is 656!! That's in line with Experian's 653. Thanks a lot Credit Karma!!! The BBB has many complaints about them, BBB SCORE is F.

Everything went well for the approximate two years that I used Credit Karma. Then suddenly today January 13, 2017 I could not get into my account. Nothing I did would work. I gave it the correct information. I carefully typed in new passwords. It said they did not match. I gave up. I enjoyed Credit Karma while it lasted but really appreciated Greg's detailed comments as I knew, then, that something was definitely wrong. Thank you very much, Greg!

I have been using Credit Karma diligently for 2 years now, working so hard to rebuild my credit to accomplish my goals. Finally I made it to excellent status of 753 & 751. So when we decided to move forward on an adoption and went to get a HELOC loan, the credit report the bank pulled was... Get this 666! What on earth! Why on earth should I use a service that gives me THIS VASTLY INACCURATE information??? The bank representative said that the service was ok to peek at every now and then, but to definitely not rely on it. Use your annual free report instead. Wow. I'm out!

I've had some financial difficulties and wanted to get an idea of my credit score so I created a Credit Karma account. The site provided me with scores that were high enough to get financed for a purchase. However, in speaking with the financial institution they told me that my score was actually close to 100 points lower than Credit Karma said. I was advised that Credit Karma's scores are always much higher than the scores used by the major credit bureaus.

Credit Karma is a very popular site for tracking personal credit rating. Unfortunately it is wildly inaccurate. With my numbers I have experienced it having an inaccuracy window of up to 100 points! I have no idea why it is allowed to fool people into thinking that their credit is either higher or lower than it is, but somehow they get away with it. Just don't believe the numbers they give you or you could make financial decisions based on false numbers and end up either taking offers that are not a good deal for you because you think you have worse credit than you do, or applying for credit that you will get turned down for, thus creating unnecessary hard inquiries on your credit, which could result in further damaging your numbers.

I created an account with Credit Karma a few years ago, asked for my credit reports, and everything went well. I decided to get an updated report recently, but when I tried to log in, I was told my password was incorrect. After trying every password I could think of (to no avail) I gave up and hit the "Forgot My Password" link. The pop-up said an email would be sent to me with instructions on resetting my password. 30 minutes later, no email, so I tried again with the same results. I tried several times before giving up and contacting their Customer Support.

I explained in great detail the problems I was having. I received an auto-reply with a link to the exact same page. I tried filling out the "Reset My Password" one more time, and once again was told an email would be sent. It never arrived. I wrote Customer Support a second time explaining that this wasn't working. I received another auto-reply asking me to submit additional information, which I provided. Once again, they sent me the same link to the same useless page.

Completely frustrated, I wrote another lengthy email, which provided detailed information on the problem I was having, asking someone to PLEASE take the time to actually read what I had sent. A representative finally responded, saying that my account had been confirmed and offering me two options to correct the problem. They then considered the issue "resolved." It wasn't.

I tried both options and had the same results. I tried to completely reset the account (one of their suggestions) and received a notice saying I wasn't registered (after the representative confirmed I was). I then tried registering again using a different email address, only to be informed that I already had an account (after they told me I didn't). At this point, I was ready to throw up my hands and scream, but being a tenacious sort of person, I thought I'd give Customer Support one more chance.

I wrote the Customer Support rep yet again, going into great detail about the problem, explaining that the suggestions she provided did not work. I asked what other options were available to me, and said that I was growing increasingly frustrated at Credit Karma's inability to resolve such a simple problem. What response did I received? The same auto-reply with a link to reset my password, i.e., the one that didn't work the first four times I tried it. I responded asking someone to please read the email I sent rather than just hit auto-reply. And what did Credit Karma do? They sent me another auto-reply, of course, this time asking me for additional information (just like the one they sent earlier). I filled it out and hit the "submit" button, but it wouldn't send.

As tenacious as I am, everyone has their limits. Credit Karma's "Customer Support" (and I use the term loosely) obviously consists of sending out auto-replies, placing their customers into a never-ending daisy chain. If you want to save yourself from endlessly slapping yourself in the head and screaming about incompetence, stay away from Credit Karma... or pray that you never have to use their Customer Support. It is without a doubt the worst I have ever experienced.

I saw a Credit Karma commercial with an ** woman checking her score which was 690, but all the ** people's scores were 720 or above. I didn't like that at all. It's like ** people can't have good credit. I find that k be very racial.

Credit Karma makes money from credit card offers selected. I get that but give honest offers. I guess they weren't making money from me since I wasn't applying. I've tried twice now. Twice they've listed that I was a good candidate for a card and twice I've been denied. I would not have applied otherwise. These were apparently very good cards and since I only have about 2000 in credit and just started with cards a year ago, I don't qualify. Those inquiries ding your credit. Now I'll have useless inquiries on file for at least 6 months.

My identity has been stolen. Credit Karma was one of the companies that accessed my credit report fraudulently. I have tried to contact Credit Karma to make sure they haven't given out my personal information to the identity thief. Credit Karma does not answer their phones, they don't respond to emails, and they don't respond to help tickets submitted on their website. I have to confirm that either (1) no account has fraudulently been set up with Credit Karma in my name OR (2) any account set up in my name with Credit Karma has been closed as fraudulent. This is a very serious matter. I am absolutely horrified that I have been unable to talk with someone at Credit Karma about the fraudulent activity.

Allows you to monitor your credit score and check it as much as you want. When the score changes it tells you what went on or off your credit report. Does not cost anything. It uses only things you would know the answer to, to verify your identity. It gives you your credit report too so you can see what fraudulent things may be on your report. If you find anything wrong in your credit report you can submit a dispute and they will investigate it for you and send the results when done. I have not come across any cost using credit karma. I have been able to look at my credit and credit score for free. I never had to put in a credit card when I signed up.

Credit karma provides great services and services are too fast and correct. Also it is safe to use and you can trust its report which is very authentic so I would recommend it to others. Credit karma is very secured and you can trust on it that no personal information or personal credentials can ever be disclosed to any one. Credit karma provides amazing customer service and they are very helping and I love the way they are listening customers concern and resolve their issues. Credit Karma is worth what it charges for the amazing and accurate service they provide.

The offered services that Credit Karma has available are great. They offer great safe information on credit scores. I love them and the services they offer. Overall they are a great company and I would recommend them for others to use to obtain credit scores. The security is awesome. Everything is safe and secure so you don't have to worry about anything crazy happening to all your private information. Very secure and safe site. The overall customer service they provide to its valued users is excellent. I haven't had any issues with them. They are all very nice, helpful and professional to their users. The costs are pretty reasonable. Very great and affordable for its users. They aren't overpriced or expensive at all.

They tell you what could be done to improve your rating and save you money by telling you what credit cards are offering the best rates. Have not had a problem with security on Credit Karma, they always seem to know anytime you get a new credit card or apply for any kind of credit. There is no cost to be a member of Credit Karma. I have never had to spend a cent. They advertise that it is free on TV and the radio and have great ads.

Credit Karma Company Profile