2.96/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

122 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Credit Karma is okay because it is easy to get to and ready to give you the info you need about your credit report. This is very important for the average person and his ability to understand what they are talking about. However, they need to understand what the average person can understand at all times. They should make it a lot less technical and easier to comprehend. There is quite too much professional stuff.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Credit Karma gives two credit report assessments and suggests ways to improve my credit score. It also gives the name of credit card companies that would likely extend me loan money or issue me a credit card based on my credit score. It is very easy to use and quickly brings up credit scores for no charge.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

It gives me a great idea on what I need to work and what credit cards are best for me with the credit score I have. It's better than paying for a credit report from any other sites. It shows how many accounts are open, what's paid off and if I'm behind on payments. It also shows all the credit cards and loans that I have and lets me know through email and notification if my credit score changed. But it takes a while for the credit score to change to see how well that I'm doing on improving my credit score. It can also be confusing and slow when updating what I've paid off. But overall I like Credit Karma.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The app is very easy to navigate and use, even if you are not technologically advanced. I like that Credit Karma is free to use and has an app to let you check your score on. I also like that the site gives you ways to improve your credit score, and tells you what you need to work on. The site would be better if it included the numbers to reach the debtors, in case you wanted to make a payment or get in touch with them. I also wish it would update more than weekly if I checked more often than that.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I really like the site. I am very excited about what it has to offer and look forward to using it in the near future. Plus, it has a lot of ways you can make money. This is a very exciting way to grow your financial status. It was very easy to navigate and I love the fact that I could use it. It was very simple and it guided me through the process. I am really satisfied with the results and look forward to using the site again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My credit score sucks and would like to try and fix it. Credit Karma lets you do that. It’s easy to understand and get your credit score. I like that they ask you a series of questions that only you would know to prove the right credit score is yours. I also like that it protects your private information like your address social security number and phone number. But they should have accurate questions more recent that you would remember. They also need to send you emails regarding your score like updates when it changes and sends them to your house. Still, I would use Credit Karma again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I want to know why my credit score on Credit Karma is not the same score when someone else looks up my score. For example you say my score is 667 I applied for a loan and they say it's 605 and it is the same credit bureau, that's a big difference.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

They all are about the same so I just wanted to check one out, and see what people say about them. It was an interesting experience and gave me insight into what it was about. Glad I checked it out. It was ok but I wish they have more about financial interests and what I want for my future if I am going to be my own person or rely on someone else.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Credit Karma gives advice on helping you bring your score up, it was easy to navigate and did not ask more information than I wanted to give but I recognized that it’s needed in order that they could what it has done for now. However, it could have been a little bit simpler in explaining what was used in order to determine our credit score and who provided all of information in determination of that score.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I like that Credit Karma gives me my credit score for free. I like that I can find my credit report on this site and not have to pay for it. My husband and I both use the site to monitor any fraud that may develop on our accounts. It is very easy to use. But I don't particularly care for the credit card advertisements on the site. I don't want to go on the site to get a credit card; I want my credit to get better. I get occasional emails, and I try to check my score at least every other month. It helps me monitor for changes or anything fishy on my credit report. I download my credit report once a year to see if everything is correct on my report.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Credit Karma lets you know your score, gives you tips on what your score says, breaks down all your accounts with tips and advice on how to use your credit wisely if your usage of cards are at a too high limit and gives you options if you want to apply for a new credit card. Everything is very thorough and plain as needed. They update every month and all information was up to date with no visible errors.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The site was fine and easy to work with, however it could not supply my credit score and I was very surprised because nowhere did it ever mention that in certain circumstances a score may not be available. More thorough information should be supplied upfront, including explanations for circumstances that may somehow prohibit an available score and maybe some advice as to what one could do to rectify that.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The thing I like best about Credit Karma is that it's a free site. Credit Karma is a good site and I really enjoy using it. My credit is in the toilet but this site does a very good job of telling me that. Credit Karma is quick and it's easy to do. Only took me about five minutes to get my credit score and I feel very comfortable putting my information in and getting my credit score. Everything about Credit Karma is perfect.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Overall experience was great, quickly obtained my credit score but I believe they keep the service free by the credit offers and cards they advertise. It’s easy to use and I like the straightforward information that they need to access your information. You can also check your credit scores for accuracy and change the information if it's incorrect. Under resources are several internet links that people may not be aware. However, questions were answered three times before the correct mortgage information came up and I could continue. I may get a lot of email from other credit companies, time will tell.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The site is very easy to use and the information is accurate and concise. There is a dashboard feature that has very concise information but there are other features such as tips for improving your credit and offers of credit from different companies.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My experience with Credit Karma has been pleasant. The process is simple and informative. They give you suggestions to make your credit score better, show the details and give you the option to dispute. The couple of times there was a dispute was handled in a very timely manner and professionally. I have not had a better experience with a company related to credit and credit scores as I do with Credit Karma and have never had an issue that they didn't explain or resolve quickly, they are the only credit reporting site that I will use.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like the alerts good or bad that they send to let you know that someone is looking at your credit or your rate has changed. I also like the suggestions to help your credit rating, clear understanding of what you are reading. It is very colorful and cool site with graphs and I also was able to my history of all my rates but it would be cool if you could print out your credit report at least once a year to have on file and you could clean up your report. I find it easier to remember things with a print out so that would help out a lot to get that accomplished.

I looked at my report today and I was sent an alert stating that our credit was being check. We were working with our primary banking institution to move a loan from another bank to their facility. When the credit check was done I was immediately sent an email. I could go in and look at what the bank saw as my rate from two of the three major rating companies. And I was able to see what my credit was based on, such as the activity and reporting of all the companies on my report. I could see what each company said about my payments, too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I love Credit Karma once because it's free and also it's an easy website to use that provides useful information. The features that I like about this credit report site is, credit score and being able dispute to have items removed from your report. I also like that it shows where the item came from. I hope they'd improve the advertising for credit cards. Mainly if the person's credit score needs lots of work because sometimes that's how their credit score got so low and I'm an example. Other than that, it updates often every time I log in and I am highly satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Has everything you need. I especially like the credit score and seeing the report on one page and it's nice to have both companies on there to compare to in case you miss something on the first one. Wish it would tell you when things are dropping off or about to fall off so you don't mess anything up. I have called too soon to report something to take off and it started my time all over again. I am very satisfied with this company and what they provide.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It's free, easy to access and use and the log-in is saved in my computer which makes it very easy! Updated weekly on the same day of the week! It truly gives me something to look forward to doing on Thursdays! It also provides two different credit bureau scores to compare! I am very satisfied with this free service! I couldn't ask for more for something that doesn't cost anything!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Credit Karma is a great credit reporting agency. I like the accuracy and the free service that Credit Karma provide, I like that they do not charge any fees to use their website. This credit reporting website is one of the best out there. They provide quality updates about my credit report which I like very much. My experience using Credit Karma to check my credit report is superb. Their website is simple to use and to navigate on and is worth trying out.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Credit Karma gives what they say they do. You don't have to give credit card information and that is a good feeling. I was able to check my credit score after being turned down for a credit card. This was a great relief. I was able to get something knocked off of my credit rating that was hindering me. I also like the fact that they give you your score for free. That is pretty incredible. Other credit card sites say they are free but you must give them a credit card number before you can access their site. That is very annoying to me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The Credit Karma website works very well. I check it all the and it gives me accurate information and give me alerts when something changes. It provides me with updates and keeps my informed about my credit bureau and credit rating. Credit Karma is great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I like the comparison of the 2 reporting agencies side by side and the ability to see who is putting what on my report. And I really like the fact this is provided to me at no cost. I use this site almost every week and I feel empowered being able to stay updated on what is in my report. Also, knowing my score helps make purchasing decisions.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I went to CK site and was prompted to pay a one time REFUNDABLE $1.00 fee and somehow inadvertently was signed w/ ScoreSense, a credit monitoring company for $39.95 a month. The only way I knew that I was signed up for this service was because I received an e-mail from them letting me know about all the great credit services I could take advantage of as a member. I immediately went to the ScoreSense website and could find ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to cancel the account so I had to call. I spent about thirty seconds listening to some idiot tell me that they are absolutely noticeable on the site and she rambled off a half a dozen ways that I probably missed it.

After being sufficiently talked down to and treated like a moron for about another ten seconds I got her to cancel the account. I e-mailed CK and asked them why they would be associated with Score Sense or if they were aware of this third party advertiser and they started asking me if I used aliases or if I had other e-mail addresses under the guise that they needed that information to look into my account. I have since filed a complaint with my State's attorney General's office.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Please don't fall for their free credit report scam... you still got to pay a $1.00 with credit card which you don't realize you're signing up for credit monitoring which then is 19.95 a month. Really people just beware, don't get scammed like I was. I really could go on, but I won't.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

First of all I checked my FICO score on Credit Karma. It was 98 points lower than my actual score. Then I started receiving prepaid credit card offers in the mail. There is no way of contacting Credit Karma to tell them to quit sharing your info. I called one of the prepaid card companies. They got my name from Credit Karma. Now I have to put up with junk that I don't need because my credit is not bad.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Credit Karma's credit reports are a joke. They are not accurate at all. Every week they change your rating up and down by as much as 100 points even if nothing has changed in your financials. I track my credit on many different credit sites. My credit is very good. Other sites are correct and don't change up or down more than 5 points in a month's time. If you pay attention to your credit worthiness they try to make it go down when they think you are going to make a purchase so the merchant can charge you more on interest. It is a game played between Credit Karma and merchants.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

2016 tax year was the first time that I used their tax service and I WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN!!! I had previously always used TaxAct and NEVER experienced any problems with their service. I will be returning to TaxAct for my 2017 return. Credit Karma's service is free and like everything in this world, you get what you pay for. They made a blatant, gross error in calculating my adjusted gross income and this screwed up both my federal and state returns. For the Adjusted Gross Income, you can make entries on lines 23-35. Then line 36 totals all of the previous lines up. I made ZERO entries in lines 23-35, yet Credit Karma put the amount in line 36 of $3,055.00.

Now, line 36 should have had a zero amount in it because I did not enter anything in lines 23-35 in order to even have a total for line 36. I have contacted Credit Karma to see what they plan on doing about this and I am awaiting their response. Meanwhile, I am receiving notices from both the IRS and Ohio State Income Tax about this error, which was not mine. Now, both my federal and state returns have increased in the amount that I owe which will also increase with penalties, etc. This is a totally unacceptable and gross error on their part. I feel they should have to pay the extra amount that both the federal and state want me to pay now. I AM LIVID WITH CREDIT KARMA AND I WILL NEVER USE THEIR TAX SERVICE AGAIN!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM, STAY VERY FAR AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

The whole thing seems to be intended for you to buy something from their website to repair your credit. I am a member of Experian, so I get to see my actual Fico scores from all three credit bureaus. My lowest score on any of the three is 757. Credit Karma showed my scores as 659. It was an obvious attempt to get me to purchase something to repair my credit, which did not need repair. I would never trust anything they say as their information does not reflect your true Fico scores.

Credit Karma Company Information