3.04/5
Based on 154 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Credit Karma

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

183 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Everything works great for me on Credit Karma's website. They do a good job and keep up the good work. I like that you can get it on a monthly basis and it appears to very accurate and up to date. I would highly recommend them and the best part is it is free. I find everything I need to know and I am very happy with the results. There are times I can't access my credit card report from the e-mail you send.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Credit Karma's creatable, easy to use and it is free. You dont have to have a credit card and they keep you up to date about your score, give you a email if it changes so you can look and see if someone is using it or you did something to make it change. This year they offered free income tax filing that was easy and an extra bonus. I like all the features but maybe have a few less emails about getting credit cards and getting credit or consolidating your debt you are trying to get out of.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Credit Karma is very easy to use and navigate. It reports from 2 separate credit agencies and gives you a score from each. It also gives you credit recommendations to increase your score. They notify you of changes in your credit report, which is a nice thing when you dont think about it all the time to check it. However, the two reporting agencies do not match up on the credit score. One may discharged old credit while the other still shows it on file. But they provide many helpful options to help with improving credit. They also show who has filed any remarks on your credit report and who has accessed your credit report.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was helped so much by this site and would recommend it to anyone! It was so easy to use. I did have to provide personal information in my application but it was all secured and if I wouldn't have done it someone would have been able to get a Discover credit card in my name. One thing for me is that I cannot see what changes could better this site, they alerted Experian and locked my information for 90 days because of a fraud attempt.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Overall I think Credit Karma is one of the top credit reporting bureaus that are out there because it is free. Finally a commercial is being truthful. I love how easy it is and super simple to check your score! Other sites cost a trial free and that's annoying because nowadays it's hard to complete with a site that is free. But the best part with Credit Karma is that it gives you two different scores. You can see the difference in your reports and get a good knowledge of how you're doing. However, there should be easier time navigating the changes that occur in your report. Sometimes you get an email that your credit report has changed. You log in, and realize you have no idea where to find these certain changes. That should be improved a little bit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

It seems to be pretty accurate, it has allowed me to check out all of my information easily and gives me the ability to address concerns. I enjoy the simulator they provide as well, it's a helpful tool when trying to budget and work out payments. However, I don't like not being able to dispute Experian on the site like I can with TransUnion. They also seem to change the interface quite often, so when you get used to one thing it changes and you have to figure the new one out. But I like it a lot, it keeps me updated and it's fairly easy to navigate. I also like that it's extremely informative and helps you make suggestions as to which course of action that may suit you best.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Credit Karma seems very reliable and always free. I can count on getting correct and easy to use information about debts, my balance owed and how long I have had accounts. I can always access through my downloaded app that I put on my mobile phone this past month. I have always been able to navigate through the site with no problems understanding. I am happy with Credit Karma.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I really liked that the site was free. It's also user-friendly, helpful, and super easy to use. I liked the tips and tricks to help improve your credit score as well as matching me with good credit cards.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Very easy to navigate and clear information. I like the updates they send regularly showing your score and the pie chart makes it easy at a glance. It also updated regularly so I could see improvement very quickly. It gave credit scores from top 3 agencies and was free. I could easily see what I needed to take care of to improve my credit score. The pie charts showing the scores were easy to understand. It always suggested getting another credit card as a way to improve my score. I would like to know other ways besides having more possibility for greater debt.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I like that it is free, that they periodically email me to ensure I have the latest updates to my credit score and that it offers many options. I feel very secure with this site and if there is a problem with your score, it will also tell you what it is and offer advice on how to handle it. I really love this part of Credit Karma because it's not just the score itself. You also get information on how your score is tabulated and ways in which you can raise your score. They offer tutorials that are very helpful.

However, sometimes the information you may need is not readily available. An example of this is if there is a problem with a creditor listed, it's not always easy to get the information. You need to call them to inquire about it. Some things can also cost you which is understandable but it would be nice if it was all free. Also, the site itself can be a bit confusing if you are not tech savvy at all.

But I have had great luck looking up my credit score and that of my wife and son. My son also had a creditor issue on his site but I was able to get all the information I needed to assist him in finding the phone number and place to contact. The overall site can really come in handy if you plan on applying for a loan or just want to keep up to date on how you are doing for future use. It's very easy to use and convenient to have.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Signing up for Credit Karma was super easy and it only took a few minutes. Once the sign-up process was completed I was able to access my credit report for free. I enjoyed the website and the site and its features are great as is. What I like most is accessing my credit report from the comfort of my home or phone and I was happy that it wasn't a scam.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Credit Karma is it is easy to use and the best part is it’s free. I am very satisfied with checking my credit score and I feel very safe that Credit Karma is safe. I really like how there are options to get your credit score high again with the option of credit cards and that I can tell how low or high my credit score is. It also recommends how to build your credit by choosing from a lot of credit cards. But besides the credit cards to build your credit they should make it so you only pay a monthly fee and not have to deposit money just to get a credit card.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Credit Karma seems very accurate and easy to navigate. It is also easy to use and has a cellular phone application that is very helpful on the go. But it seems to have old information for a long time and isn't updated often. I am unfamiliar with other apps re: credit because Credit Karma provides all 3 major credit bureaus. It is convenient to be able to view all three major credit scores in one website and it provides access to your three most important scores. I am very satisfied with Credit Karma.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I have had a great experience with Credit Karma. Easy to access and I like the part where you can see the changes and other activity on your credit report. I loved how they made the pie wheel to show you where you are and how close you are to reaching your goal credit score. The new color scheme is nice also. I wish they could give you real time credit advisor to help you with questions or solutions. Also, if there was a way to have your credit report updated on the number of accounts that have fallen off your score.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Do not EVER EVER EVER use these people to make a soft inquiry about being pre-approved for a personal loan. The website says the pre-approval inquiry doesn't affect your credit rating. But as soon as I filled in the form and clicked Enter, I got a notification that my credit rating had dropped 42 POINTS!!! It will take me literally YEARS to work back up to the very good rating that I had.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Credit Karma is very easy to use and is a very valuable asset to have. Not knowing your credit score could cost you more money when you finance a house or car. I love getting an email from Credit Karma letting me know when my credit score has changed as this could help me get a better interest rate for a loan or credit card. But Credit Karma could be better if they come up with a list of ways to improve your score like establishing a store credit card, gas card or small bank loan.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Credit Karma seems to be the most secure site of all the credit reporting sites and the layout of the site presents a professional appearance and a seamless process to obtain the information needed when it comes to credit reporting. The site provided seamless access to all three reporting agencies. Having all three reporting agencies in one spot helps to see if there are any discrepancies across the three agencies. It also provided support if there were any disputes on the credit report.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

It doesn't cost any money to check your credit score with Credit Karma and it doesn't affect your rating to do this. And you can check your credit any time you want and you can do it by computer or cell phone. It is very easy to use by submitting your Social Security number and they let you know as soon as you are finished and they will send you email pretty often to remind you that you can check your credit report as often as you like. I dislike giving anyone my social security number but Credit Karma can be trusted.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

It appears this site is a front to get you to obtain a credit card. My "scores" go up and down on an almost weekly basis about 40 points, and I am in the over 800 area, and do nothing to affect my scores. I come to realize my emails from Karma are simply to get me to get another credit card. Truly, a scam site.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

It provided accurate and reliable information and offered emails to manage your credit with tips and advisory. It is easy to use and covered all credit reporting agencies. It is helpful to be able to trust a site to help keep track of my most current credit reports. But the monthly subscription cost is very expensive. I don't like the cost of 20.95 per month to have to maintain my credit report. Something free would be very beneficial.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

It is easy to use and I like the convenience of checking my credit on my phone anytime and anywhere. I have also found Credit Karma to be on point with my credit score. It is also nice that I can just click an icon on my phone and there is all this information at my fingertips! I also enjoy that Credit karma gives me resources and ways and advice on how to improve my scores.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I do not like Credit Karma or any of its affiliates. They take your info and bombard you incessantly with harassing mass marketing phone calls under local area codes to throw you off. The market for credit reporting is super shady. It preys on people who forgo their best judgement in an effort to repair their credit. Horrible people.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The Credit Karma site provides me with all inquiries and when they were made. It also provides recommendations for improving my credit score with low APR credit cards. However, it seems there is a lag between my actual credit score and what the site provides. I would make this real time as it relates to transactions made in real time. Nevertheless, I can go through my entire credit history and look for errors. I can also see any issues that negatively affect my score and make corrections as needed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

When checked my credit score through Credit Karma there is a hard inquiry that does not exist. It is as follows SYNCB/JCP on 04-04-2016 National Credit Card Airlines. It also gives location and phone number of the business to ask about it. I was told they had no idea as to what I was talking about. I owe them nothing. Also they do not even offer such credit cards. Now this is against me because someone messed up.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Upon making my monthly review on Credit Karma, I discovered missing information and apparently there is no way to contact Credit Karma to correct this. An auto loan of 32,900.00 that was paid off in 2016 is missing completely from their report. I tried to contact Credit Karma about that matter, but keep getting the electronic run-around. Their webpage format has changed recently so you can't see your creditors together on one page like you used to be able to do. What kind of company doesn't have customer service? My thought: A bad company. I checked with Equifax and this loan is on their report. My question now becomes, how much other stuff is Credit Karma missing and why? Pay the monthly fee with a more reputable firm and get real monitoring so you actually have accurate information about your own credit.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been following my credit score closely on Credit Karma and making payments according to the accounts shown in red. After a large payment Credit Karma said I was at 723 with Experian. However, when I had it pulled by a local bank for an auto refinance loan it came in at 689!! That's not even close!! I am very disappointed with my experience. According to my bank representative this happens all of the time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

It was easy to sign up with Credit Karma. I like the e-mail notifications and that Credit Karma is free to check, and doesn't go against your credit score. I also like that they give suggestions on how to improve credit score. I would improve Credit Karma so the things that are lowering the credit score, you could reach out to the proper place and set up payment arrangements or have links by them so you could contact the proper place to work on your credit score. Also, it is sometimes hard to navigate. They only show you one credit card you could be approved for at a time. I wish they would allow a list. I like the e-mail notifications but don't like getting 2 or 3 day. One notification a day would be efficient enough. Other than that, it was really easy to see what was lowering my credit score.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Credit Karma is free and provides all the information on one website. I like the way the website looks and feels. I also like how easy it is to make changes or have them look into questionable accounts. It's great as it is right now. The website is very easy to use and the information is thorough.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Credit Karma doesn't ask for your credit card, so you know it is really free and you won't get charged after the first month, like some of the other so-called free credit reporting companies. There are lots of advertising and offers, although I realized you can opt out on these. Their website is pretty easy to use and seems to be quite accurate.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Reliable. I heard about this site from a commercial on TV and thought I would like to check what my score was without having to pay a fee so I went to the site and signed up. Process was easy and free just like they claimed. The best thing is that it quickly provides your credit score. You can check it whenever you wish and always keep track. Also sends you alerts when score has changed. I am really satisfied with this site as a whole so not too much they would need to improve on for me maybe provide tips on how to keep your score in the good range.

Credit Karma Company Information

www.creditkarma.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use