2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

3.8/5 (345 ratings)

About Credit Karma

Credit Karma is a finance website that offers free services to consumers and provides credit scores and credit reports. Credit Karma designed its financial education resources to help you better understand and manage your finances, from tax filing to finding the right credit card company.

Pros

• Financial tools available
  • Tax filing assistance
  • Offers free credit reports
  • Financial education resources

Cons

• Doesn’t include Experian
  • May not be 100% accurate

Bottom Line

Credit Karma has much to offer for a free credit report service, including tax filing services. While it doesn’t include Experian credit reporting, its tools are still useful for people looking to improve their finances.

Credit Karma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: July 5, 2021

Credit Karma’s a great tool to see your credit scores. When you sign up, the site sends notification emails when there are changes to your credit profile. On their site they have offers and advice on how to increase credit scores. I rated 4 vs 5 because the site only shows two of the credit bureaus scores and not all three bureaus. When I visit the site, I’d like to see and compare scores from all three bureaus. Otherwise, it’s a great site.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have been using Credit Karma for free for many many years. I have never felt the need to switch to any other reporting site. They are fairly accurate minus some details I have heard creditors say they saw on my report which I couldn't. The only thing I wish they were more detailed on information on ways to get your score higher. Maybe a bot or something that was detailed on the best corrective actions for your credit besides new cards or loans.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Credit Karma does a great job most of the time. But there's way too much automation and it seems like you're not actually dealing with human beings. I realize they only report my scores rather than creating them but their site can often leave you frustrated such as getting email notifications with links that carry you to the wrong page so you have to manually search the site to see what they're talking about. At times it feels like they're spamming me because there's really nothing there for me to see when I get there and when they offer things like winning money, there's always a catch such as joining to get their debit card which I already have so many debit cards I simply do not need another... and that leaves me out on their giveaway opportunities.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I am a senior citizen and a retired educator. Being of little means, on social security, I wanted something simple, secure and reliable. A few years ago when I was looking for such a way online, I stumbled across Credit Karma. Before I went there, I began the process with another online entity that advertised itself as free, but near the end of that process they asked me how I wanted to pay their processing fee! With Credit Karma, there are no games. What they advertise is what we get. I am very happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Very satisfied with this service from Credit Karma. Had my return done in just a few minutes. And unlike TaxAct and TurboTax, there was no charge for my filing, state or federal. They both wanted to charge around an extra $40 to complete my filing (because I had a lottery winning). It truly is a shame since I have used TaxAct exclusively in the past.

The process was easy. Though when I tried to do it through the app on my phone, there were glitches that frustrated me. But when I decided to go to the full website, there was no problem whatsoever. I was informed that it would take a short while for confirmation that my returns were accepted by state and federal, and very happy that I had that confirmation well within 15 minutes.

Original review: July 8, 2021

How I feel? About those who steal into my financial information? The answer is "ANGRY". Credit Karma is doing a good job of notifying consumers when a data breach occurs. I appreciate being notified.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Very wonderful service. Thank you!!! Looking forward to fixing my credit. And moving on to better finances. Looking for better housings, and jobs. My credit needs work, so I'm working on it!!! I know.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I love that it's a free service for those of us on a budget and on top of that, they provide the ability to help yourself set up and stick to a budget which is personalized for you! I like the immediate and frequent alerts regarding any charges made and changes to my credit score. But I love how they let you categorize your spending and lay it all out for you in easy to understand charts!

Original review: July 6, 2021

I get emails when I have a change in my credit score or if a new card has been opened in my name. I haven't had any problems with Credit Karma ​at all. I'm pleased with their services. But if there is something better out there I would give it a try.

Original review: July 6, 2021

CreditKarma is additionally including 2 out of 3 credit reporting agencies compared with others. Their website steps & approaches are very professionally nice & easy to include. They additionally are including more details about recent Credit Card advertisements.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I find using Credit Karma is extremely easy. I enjoy being able to check two sites at once, and verify where my credit is at, and where it is headed. I would recommend it to anyone interested in staying on top of their information.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I like using this credit management site because there’s an additional option to add a savings as well as spend account. Savings also pays interest on the balance. I would recommend this to anyone looking to keep up with a credit score.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Credit Karma gives you score updates, reminders to check your credit score to catch any potential red flags, and when there has been a change to your score. The app is easy to use with at-a-glance score "speedometers" that display TransUnion and Equifax scores. Ads for credit card applications are easy to skip past.

Original review: July 3, 2021

They have helped me monitor and build my credit for 6 yrs! Great app! I Would highly recommend. I also use them for my taxes, it’s free and easy to use, saves time and money! I tell all my friends about this service!

Original review: July 3, 2021

Not only do you see your credit score you get all credit line limits and balances and you can see your full credit report and any other accounts such as auto loans also are up to date. Credit Karma has many features and tools to do other things credit-wise such as home loan shopping, credit card shopping, auto loan shopping and many others.

Credit Karma Company Information