Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.37/5

404 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

Credit Karma is a FARCE. There is no rhyme or reason on how the credit bureaus calculate your credit score and Credit Karma is another example of that! It falsely reports your credit score building hope in people. I just applied for a loan and my REAL credit score (the ones lenders use) is 100 points less than Credit Karma. I don't know how/if this affect my loan approval. But I am NOT happy. I diligently log onto Credit Karma to see my progress and now find out it's CRAP!!!

Original review: July 25, 2019

Do yourself a big favor and steer clear from Credit Karma! They not only LIED to me, but stated that if I accepted the offer of a new card they suggested, it would raise my score. NOT TRUE! They lowered my score and when I called to talk to someone, they told me they would LOWER it more. They did on their site but not on the major credit reporting agencies. I check with all three credit reporting agencies and spoke with a manager at Discover. He called them a "third party" and I should not trust their information. Lesson learned as I had to go to the hospital with a panic attack! Stay clear of these people. They get paid for putting you in debt with credit cards. It is a good thing I am well paid to afford my bills, they are the worst kind of scammers!

Original review: July 18, 2019

Scores are never accurate. Not sure what the purpose of this company actually is. Don’t waste your time and don’t believe the score it’s telling you. Applying for a loan with your scores from Credit Karma will leave you disappointed.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Just went in to apply for car loan, both my scores were 700's. Well they told me I had a 657. WTF. Why have this if program is so NOT accurate. Crappy, really. Not even close, interest rate considerably different. Thanks for nothing!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I had a fraudulent person steal my identity and log into my account and completely change the password, email and phone number somehow. They have access to my account and all of my info. I cannot get a hold of Credit Karma and I've emailed them MULTIPLE times, they have no customer service and this is a SERIOUS issue with no resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I used Credit Karma's W-2 upload feature, and their software submitted my federal withholding amount as $9, when it was into the thousands. I've used this upload feature for several years with other tax filing services through TurboTax, H&R Block, etc, and that's never happened to me and some of the colleagues I spoke with about this. As a result, while I was waiting for my federal return for the last 3 months, the IRS sent me a whopping bill because they thought I didn’t pay my federal taxes. What’s more? They added on late fees and interest - which is accruing. Every. Day. I had to enter into a payment plan with the IRS because they said it wasn't their fault.

So, I got to wait for precisely 1.5 hours on the phone for the IRS to get to the bottom of the issue. I was supposed to be getting a refund. Why was I being billed for so much? Naturally, the IRS placed the entire blame on me and is holding me accountable for Credit Karma’s software mistake. Where did Credit Karma's software get $9 from? Nowhere on my tax return does it say $9. There’s not even the number nine in my federal withholding at all. Again, I’ve used this W-2 upload feature for many years for myself and relatives, and this has never happened.

Additionally, I wrote to Credit twice about this issue, and their first reply completely did not address my issue or resolve anything. It was a generic response about my taxes being successfully filed... Their second reply told me I should double check everything the W-2 upload feature transfers over. No. Credit Karma is a fintech, like the industry I work in, and they need to have better software that is competitive and works. Period. That's why people file their taxes online - for efficiency and efficacy. If I wanted to spend more time on my taxes, and not automate any process, I would work with a tax specialist to file my taxes with me in person. Alas, I will not be using Credit Karma's services again, and I will make sure all my friends, acquaintances, and colleagues know about this horrible experience.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I've tried contacting the company. It seems like they're a ghost company. It's very dodgy. They're only email contact. I searched everywhere for their number to no avail. When l registered it seemed like they had my correct info. Still It keeps saying my account cannot be verified.

Original review: July 3, 2019

These ** will run hard inquiries on you, and ** your credit score. FALSE ADVERTISING!!! I have the evidence on my three reports that CK ran my credit report two times. They did NOT...let me repeat that...they did NOT have any form of permission, by me to run my credit.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I'm old. I have no reason to worry about my credit score, but thought I'd check it out for fun a couple years ago. Today I went into the account to change my email address. Filled out the form and it came back warning me that the new address was already in use. I've had that email for several years, so I sent an email to support to see if they could check - maybe I signed up with that email long ago? IDK. The support person wrote back saying I could change my address in my account. Yeah, tried that as I said in the first email, wrote back. He said, he'd be glad to help me sign into my account... Yeah, I already signed in and tried to change the email.

He wrote back and said I needed to send him pictures of my SS#, my Driver's License, my passport....! What? When I told him I wasn't going to send those items, he suspended the account. No loss to me, but now I'll be interested to see what happens. For one thing, they got access to my credit scores, banks, etc.... I sure didn't give them that info. Now they want information that you are never supposed to share? They have way too much information already - wonder what they'll do with it? Be very careful.

Original review: June 18, 2019

God help you if you apply for any loans on their site. You will be inundated with thousands of spoofed calls from scam artists who will prank call you for hours if you tell them no. Credit Karma obviously just sells your sensitive info to absolutely anyone.

Credit Karma Company Information