3.22/5
Based on 226 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

283 Credit Karma Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 29, 2018

I am very satisfied with how the site is laid out and works. I like that they update it daily and that they alert you when something happens to your credit. The features are easy to use and the whole site is easy to understand. They also have live chat for issues you're having. However, I dislike that they call you multiple times and they text your phone to try to get a hold of you. Also, you don't get all 3 main credit reporting bureaus in one location.

Original review: April 28, 2018

It was simple to sign up on Credit Karma. I did feel a little uneasy about providing very confidential information online, however. Once I signed up, I received my credit score and report instantly. The information provided is extremely accurate except for my actual credit score. My real credit score is much lower than what is shown. In addition, I also don't like that they bombard you with so many special offers from credit card companies. Although, I like that the site send you alerts when something has changed in your credit report. I also like that the site has very detailed and accurate reports from Transunion and Equifax.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Credit Karma was well worth it! I find it easy to navigate and it provides enough info showing me that my credit score keeps going up on a monthly basis. Once per month it sends a reminder to check my monthly credit score which I do, and that meets my needs. It does not overload me with emails on a daily basis. It would be better if it could have more than two credit bureaus to show my credit score, like three to make more of a comparison. This is not a big issue to me though.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Let me start by saying I have used Credit Karma for about 5 years, it’s a nice tool to use to view your credit accounts, however if you decide to use them they are consistently 50 credit points higher than the actual credit bureau pulled with an auto, mortgage or any reputable lender. Which deceptive when you think you have a score high enough for let’s say an auto lease but then they pull your credit and the score is 50-60 points lower.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Credit Karma is the best site for checking your credit score. It's free and easy to use, which is better than competitor site and other ways to get credit score information. However, I don't like is that there are inconsistencies in the two credit bureaus they report. Also I don't like that It only updates weekly and it would be great to have more real time results. Overall experience is great. I love that there is an app which is super easy to use and the information updates once per week. It's easy to check. It has helped me make credit decisions too. It's positive and will continue using it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: April 27, 2018

My husband and I use this site to monitor our credit. He has found some disputes on his credit report and Credit Karma was able to help fix the problem. I like that you can view your entire credit report and file disputes if you find something not accurate on your credit report. Also, the website is very easy to navigate. Credit Karma also provides a list of open lines of credit and current debt. It's a great way to monitor your credit cards and spending. However, I wish there would be less credit card recommendations. There are many recommendations listed on the website and it sometimes interferes with what I am trying to look for.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Credit Karma is easy to use and not confusing. If I have any questions, I can easily find the answers. The website is set up in a way that makes it maneuverable. Furthermore, I don't get emails from the company spamming my inbox. A lot of people use it and have great words for it. There are lots of reviews that show it is a helpful site and accredited. They are fast and give a lot of information about your credit history. Others that I have recommended it to say they prefer it over other sites because of how quick it is to use.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I liked that Credit Karma showed my credit report from two major companies, and that Credit Karma shows me what is hurting my credit score, and allows me to dispute claims against my credit. However, I would like to see Credit Karma tell you ways to correct anything hurting your credit score and how to go about fixing it other than taking out a credit card. Other than that, the information provided is very helpful when trying to figure out if you are good or not when it comes to financing and the website is easy to use so anybody can use it.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I love the Credit Karma site being free and offers many different options. I visit monthly to see if score has improved over time and due to options available. Shows credit score that can be improved by doing actions and also shows options for loans and other consolidation options. It also allows for disputes of items that are easy to perform. Offers options for good credit card companies that I could not find anywhere. But I wish they have more accurate scores as compared to FICO scores that are sometimes higher than their score. They should also have easier viewing options for quick information reviewing and less monthly email reminders should be sent.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I hadn't checked my credit report in many years, so I decided to try Credit Karma since it was free. Not only was it easy to use, but periodically they emailed me when anything changed about my credit report. If there is something added or deleted, I will get an email about it.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Lots of loan and credit recommendations. Easy to use and dispute items on credit report. Easy to view and user friendly as well. Gives great recommendations. Helps with bad credit. Highly recommended. But I don't like that it keeps the old credit card recommendations even if you already have that credit card on file. Their mobile site is hard to understand and doesn't have the third credit rating company.

Original review: April 24, 2018

When I first entered the site, it appeared very well designed, like time was carefully taken to make the appearance professional and comfortable for the consumer. It was aesthetically pleasing with a very modern look. It was easy to fill out the for me, I navigated with ease and the time it took was not long. I was pleasantly surprised with the little information I needed to provide so that was convenient.

However, when I first noticed the site requirements for my personal information I felt slightly uncomfortable because there are so many ways to have your identity stolen in this age of technology. I did feel hesitant about giving my personal information, particularly the need for my social security number and old addresses to verify my identity amongst other personal questions and inquiries. I felt slightly better about the site I used because I have seen multiple platforms of advertisements like internet ads, tv commercials and word of mouth which made me trust that the site is trustworthy. Had it not been for these things I would not feel comfortable providing my information. Other than that, I would most certainly use and visit the site on future occasions. I would also recommend the site to friends, family and co workers to try or just check out based on my experience.

Original review: April 23, 2018

It's the best credit score company out there, and it's free to use. Also compared to other sites it's the simplest one and it has the simplest look to it. However, I dislike the layout of the website and how there's not enough features added on it. They should add more to the site. Other than that, it's really easy to use and you get your credit score faster than a lot of websites. Overall everyone that's used the site is guaranteed their satisfaction.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I'd like to be clear; I don't know if there are pretenders, but www.creditkarma.com is the best thing that will ever happen to you! They changed my life to advice on moving credit card accounts to loans to how to keep my balances low and improve my credit score every month! I save over $600 a month on their recommendations and they keep doing it every month! They charge you NOTHING... ZERO dollars but will save you money no matter how bad your situation is right now and you will quickly see results!

I recommend them to people all of the time because they are the best thing to happen to our country since the Consumer Protection Administration was founded, but Credit Karma will do WAY more for you! They say that there is "no free lunch", but I have never encountered a more professional and effective company in my life that improved my credit rating and my life like Credit Karma! You're really missing out if you don't join them!

Original review: April 22, 2018

The site is easy to navigate. It not only will provide me with my credit score but will also show ways to increase my credit, often through credit cards designed to build credit. As a well advertised company, I felt safe using this site.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Easy to use and lots of different drop down menus. It doesn't make you pay and allows you to find some information about your credit score. It's easy to login in and setup an account. The free site could go into more details. It also could be cleaner so that a customer can find things like negative scores or recent inquiries and more comparisons of where your credit is compared to others. Furthermore, it didn't show me details about my negative items. I clicked on each drop down at the top and showed one negative item. When I clicked on it you could not find any other details about it. Overall, Credit Karma is a great place to view your credit score.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I like that Credit Karma tracks everything, and I can see changes over time. I don't have to leave the site for anything, I can make payments, dispute transactions, and view pre approved credit card offers. However, it would be cool to receive weekly credit score reports via text so I don't have to log in every time to check. Other than that, the site is really easy to use and has tons of useful features. I can see my payment history and what percentage are on time, credit card utilization. I really like the "what if" tool that can simulate my credit score if I were to open a new account or miss a payment.

It also has great information to educate young adults like myself about credit, its importance, and gives advice on how to build your credit. These are vital skills that aren't taught in schools and things I couldn't learn coming from a low income family with poor credit. The site has helped me establish and build a credit history and I hope to be able to buy my own car soon.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Credit Karma was great until I couldn't log in to my account and view my taxes! I decided last year to use Credit Karma taxes since I loved the app and helped me resolve some discrepancies on my credit report. However they require a passcode that is sent to your phone to log in. Well I have a new phone with a new number! I am not able to log in to my account because it keeps sending a passcode to a phone no longer in service.

Yes I tried connecting my old phone to wifi but I do not receive messages and even if I log in to the app there is no selection where I can change my settings for my phone number! It does not allow me to edit my account through security questions and it does not have a place to select verification via email only passcode. This is a HUGE FLAW in Credit Karma and has caused me nothing but stress and hours trying to figure out what I can do. I have reached out to Credit Karma through calling their customer service which is all automatic messages and I have email them as well and NOTHING! I don't know what to do.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Free tax returns - Credit Karma has the WORST tax preparation software. The word SLOW can't even describe this tax preparation site. It's extremely hard to navigate, slow & don't even try to edit any mistakes. All I got from this tax service was a nasty migraine headache. I will NEVER use this service again.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Unlike most free tax preparation software, CK purports to support a long list of IRS forms. The problem is they don't support some of these forms correctly. Last year, Credit Karma was prepared to file my return with a form 8283 (Noncash Charitable Contributions) that needed to be signed by an appraiser. It was, of course, not signed, but they were ready to submit. I had to get the form signed and download the other forms and mail my return in. This year, CK entered on my Schedule A Itemized Deductions form a charitable donation amount that exceeded 50% of my AGI. This is against IRS rules. This amount should have been adjusted to 50%, and the rest of the donation should have been carried over.

Its menu says you can enter the sale of land in your Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses form, yet it provides no screens into which to enter that data. The downloadable PDF version of forms does not reflect what they actually send to the IRS. You have no way of checking what it really sent to the IRS without seeing forms. I was, however, able to download the forms CK did generate without having hit Submit.

Bad forms: It generated only one 8949 form when I needed 3 because of 3 different types of dispositions. The version of form 4562 it generates does not include the miles-driven information for a truck used on a farm. If they're not going to process forms correctly, they should not claim to support them. I ended up doing my taxes manually and mailing them in.

Original review: April 16, 2018

This was a 4 1/2 hour nightmare this year, so NEVER AGAIN! It kept coming up with errors and it's click-on box saying, "FIX ERROR", only took you to a brief description of the category WITHOUT LETTING YOU EDIT IT and the error was by Credit Karma not me! This Error kept showing up, that I had to re-fix FIVE TIMES!! ---> Self Employment or Side-gigs<--- and THEY Pre-select boxes (check them off) that should NEVER be pre-selected, like Statutory Employee and Sick Pay. ALSO they had my School district WRONG AND CITY WRONG!

Original review: April 14, 2018

Free, my butt. They charged us $39.95 twice, for which we never received any paper or electronic bill. Look for Scoresense on your bank statements. They declined to refund our money stating that it was "requested after your communicated billing date." There was absolutely NO communication, period. No, it's not free, as they claim. False advertising. So, Credit Karma, if you refund the $79.90 that you defrauded from us, I'll consider having this review taken down.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The tax prep site is difficult to navigate if using 1040 form w/ deductions. After 14hrs it accepts then tells you to come back later. Won't let you see tax form & must e-file before you can look at 1040. I tried to get chat rm to respond. No luck. Computer generated responses. Very frustrating experience. However the 2016 program was a much easier to navigate. That's why I went back. Not again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

The service is horrible. Not only are the recommendations wrong and actually damaging to your credit, but the customer service staff is totally unhelpful. I warn anyone not to register with this service. It is just a sales vehicle for credit card companies and a predator of people who register on the site. The brand promise of the company is completely undermined the moment you see that all they want you to do is sign up for more loans and credit cards.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I got married in 2016 July. I try to update my information. My new name is Helen **. It keeps on saying I'm Helen **. There is stuff with the ** name on my credit report. I might cancel looking at Credit Karma. Please I want my right name. It's been almost 2 years.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have tried for months to reset my password. Every time I try it brings me in a circle. I follow the instructions and after I did it, it brings me to the beginning again to do it all over again. I’ve done this probably 30 times. I’ve tried to call. I’ve emailed. I’ve done everything just asking for someone to try and help me. They’ve ignored me every time. I don’t know how they make their money but they certainly aren’t interested in keeping customers. All I’ve done is ask for help when the instructions they gave me didn’t work to reset my password. And I’ve tried over 39 times on different days for 2 months. Great customer service. Thanks Credit Karma. You ask questions on the site if the information you have is wrong. Why bother if you’re not going to follow up. This tells me you don’t care. Thanks again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I've always used Turbo in the past. And there was always a fee for Federal and State. Last year I used Credit Karma with no fees at all. I did a trial on TurboTax and then went to Credit Karma to make sure it came up with the same numbers as TurboTax, and it did so I knew that Credit Karma was correct. So I filed with Credit Karma for free for both Fed and State. Submitted my filings and 4 weeks later received my refund into my direct deposit bank account. They walk you through the online process and it was so easy. I am using them again this year.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I did a dispute with them. It was to be final on 3-21-18 more than 2 weeks ago. I called TransUnion and this was completed before that date but today is 4-3-18 and it still is not updated. We are trying to fix our credit but Credit Karma will hold you back. Seems they have a ton of junk mail sent to you. Seems the more I check my credit with them the more junk mail I receive.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Since signing up, I went from NO credit card offers by mail over 20 a month with one saying I was pre-approved but then turned down. Then paid for FICO based on Transunion. Credit Karma has my Vantage score at 758, actual FICO is 638 for Transunion! They also constantly recommend opening a new line of credit which will defiantly hurt my score and I've already been turned down by their recommendation, so now they are recommending at twice the rate!

Original review: March 30, 2018

My email changed and it's impossible to change it online. I followed their instructions and it doesn't work. Their customer service (sic) was of no help. They wanted me to fill out a detail form and mail it to them. Don't trust them with your data.

Credit Karma Company Information