Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Finance

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Credit Karma Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2020

Easy to use, step by step application. They make recommendations for other credit deductions. It was free of charge as well. One thing that could make it better would be to also file state not just federal. Easy app to use and easy check in to follow the process of my funds. This is my second year using the app and have had no issues.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Fantastic and informative software. The program was very easy sometimes too easy I thought and gave professional results. I even had a problem and a live person called me right back. Great service.

Original review: March 14, 2020

The Credit Karma helps keep track of your credit report. Also offers free tax service with help if you are audited. I would suggest everyone try this service as it's all at no cost. I’ve been using this for the past 5 years. They also help prevent Fraud.

Original review: March 10, 2020

The credit score I asked for came quickly and I have no issue with the service they provided in that way but I did not agree to promotional emails. It would not have been a big deal if there was an unsubscribe option that could be found and worked. I have sent emails, made phone calls and still they come. So use it if you don't mind unsolicited emails, they and others that do not provide an easy to find unsubscribe option are offensive to me. John **. Given the business model I have experienced I doubt they monitor reviews but perhaps I will get lucky.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I have had an account for Credit Karma for years with no issues. At the beginning of 2020 I cannot access my account. I have changed my password and to no avail, it still does not work. I have sent numerous emails to their customer support and have not gotten a response back. I am very frustrated and no one is helping or has even contacted me. I wouldn't waste my time signing up for this. It is more frustration than it is worth. As soon as I get a response back, I will be deleting my account.

There is no customer service phone number. Your only means of communication with them is through email, and they NEVER respond. I have tried to call partner companies to attempt to get a hold of someone and the automated systems hang up on you before you can even speak to a person. I am so disappointed with Credit Karma. Once I have access to my account, I am going to send an email explaining how they have failed their customers. This is ridiculous. I should not have to fight to get access to my account with my credit information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: March 3, 2020

Scam. I think they are selling our information. I also could not get in touch with anyone there when I was locked out my account. It's 2020. What is this? At first they responded to my first email then it's been 3 days and I haven't heard from anyone. Wth is going? I would think a company like this has this figured out. What a joke. I had to use a completely different company.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I replied to the advertisement and tried to open savings account. I received an error message “unable create an account at this time”. Forwarded this message to customer service. Received the reply: THE MESSAGE “you are unable to open an account at this time” means that you are unable to open an account at this time. Please try again later. I received 4 emails with this text over 2.5 months period. Once I sent the email asking WHY I couldn’t open an account and received the reply: "We don’t know why but we can assure you that you are unable to open your account at this time." They continue this type of email thread with no action for almost 3 months now.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I am trying to reset my password and access my account and have not been able to. I was hoping to call but there is no live support. I sent copy of my ID but it wasn’t accepted. I tried to send an email to support but was kicked out. I have received no email stating a receipt of my need for assistance. If I cannot talk or chat with someone how do I access my account? Very very frustrated, how do I prove I am myself?!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

In Feb 2020, I signed up to use Credit Karma Tax to do my income tax returns online. During that process, the website recommended to me that I should apply for another credit card because credit bureaus look more positively when you have more than one credit card. Unfortunately, I followed that advice and was instantly approved for another credit card. What a mistake that was! My credit score dropped by 34 points. As a result, my credit rating went from Excellent to Very Good. When I was notified by Credit Karma of my credit score change, I researched and found out that Credit Karma gets paid by recommending various lenders they refer you to. My fault for being not doing my normal due caution. As for their tax filing online, that went well. However, I won't be using Credit Karma Tax again. Very unhappy overall.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I used Credit Karma this year to e-file but they didn't file form 8962 or my 1095-A for the PTC. The IRS sent me a letter after I e-filed 3 weeks ago. My return is now delayed by 6-8 weeks and I will not be getting what CK said I was because they didn't accurately report my information. I have no confidence in this company and now that TurboTax is taking over I will just delete my account.

Credit Karma Company Information