2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Credit Karma is a finance website that offers free services to consumers and provides credit scores and credit reports. Credit Karma designed its financial education resources to help you better understand and manage your finances, from tax filing to finding the right credit card company.

Credit Karma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Karma?

Original review: April 24, 2020

Credit Karma offered a $300 sign up bonus if I spent more than $1,000 in the first few months of receiving my Discover Card, which I did. I never received the bonus. When I contacted Discover Card customer support said they knew nothing about it. After several emails to Credit Karma I was told other conditions might apply and was told to contact Discover Card. I will never apply for another card through Credit Karma and will never use my Discover Card again. Please be aware of the bait and switch scam they are conducting.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Everything is good until they asked for proof of identification when I got locked out of my own account. There was nothing wrong with it so what happened to the old account. I already identified the first time with adequate information. Now you want things I don’t need to share or give....suspicion now and I was too trusting. If I could go back once they started asking for more identification I should have just left it alone. The concept is great. The website is helpful. I don’t think it’s FREE in the long run. They state Free but in the sense of no money upfront. Signing up not the problem. It’s what they ask for making you the owner create another account (this is not good business practice and deceptive). Now it’s open for Someone to ?.... You fill in the blanks. I’m disappointed. I really like the site. I would have paid a small fee if the company was honest and upfront. Now I don’t trust it anymore. I won’t do business through them like I was going to.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I went to Credit Karma's free tax filing service this year, but was unable to get past the page where you consent to give away all of your tax information to marketers. This is in spite of the fact that it says right there on that page that they cannot force you to consent in exchange for filing your taxes for you. I chatted with their online support, but they wanted to email me instead. When they did email me, they told me to just go ahead and consent if I wanted to continue. Maybe they figure that the government is too busy to chase after them, but it's not legal, and certainly uncool. They should make their money some other way, not by taking advantage of the virus shutdown to milk more information and money out of folks.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I was asked when filing my taxes through them if I wanted to put some of my refund into their high yielding savings account so I did. After they opened my account they asked me to link a bank as that is the only way to get money out or put more money in. I have 3 different bank accounts and I was not able to link any of them. Since it was a small amount I wasn't too worried about it. Well the IRS decided to put my full amount in there not just the small amount I wanted.

When I contacted Credit Karma help through chat they said they would send me an email with how to resolve it. I was suspicious but I said OK. They then sent me an email saying they had to send my issue to another department and they would email me. No time frame was included. I then contacted them again via chat and they still would not give me any information on how long I would need to wait for this to be resolved. I have never had a more frustrating experience with an online savings account before. Do not use them as you may not get your money back.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I wanted to update my information phone number and Credit Karma is now asking for proof of Document like my pictures of my Drivers license and Utility bill! So I thought ok I’ll send my ID and Utility and now there asking for more information like my passport and other personal information Sensitive documents!!! So My question is did I have to do this when I first installed Credit Karma app?

Original review: March 27, 2020

I hear commercials all the time for Credit Karma and decided to sign up. It turns out someone else signed up for my information. So I emailed them to ask them to fix it, and it 2 weeks for them to respond. Now I have to provide them with a ton of documentation to prove it is me. Why was this documentation not required from the person who essentially stole my identity? They are joke outfit and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I have been trying for months to login into my acct. I have went thru the process they suggest to change your password. I will change password, immediately try to sign into my acct and it still states my password is incorrect. The site doesn't do me any good if I can't sign in to see the offers they are emailing me to take advantage of.

Lori

Original review: March 24, 2020

Credit Karma, in the past, was a quick and reliable way to monitor their version of your credit rating. HOWEVER, try to dispute a report or entry to your report, there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have tried to contact them because they keep sending me emails that I have missed a payment on a credit card that has been closed for over a year. Credit Karma assigned a case number and they never followed up or responded. Many, many inquiries requesting a status go unanswered and ignored. Further, I feel like I have been targeted by a stalker, I cannot make a simple purchase on my paid in full credit card but Credit Karma lowers my credit score for a $40 purchase. I am looking at the new Credit Sesame service and will unsubscribe from Credit Karma, which has become worthless and unreliable.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Credit Karma tax is really simple to navigate. Menu options are clear. He’s at access could be better when flipping from page to page of being able to take a snapshot of W-2s and it load your information that’s great.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Fantastic and informative software. The program was very easy sometimes too easy I thought and gave professional results. I even had a problem and a live person called me right back. Great service.

Credit Karma Company Information