It's that easy Request Information
3.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Rakuten is the new Ebates - With over 12 million members and $1 billion in Cash Back paid out, Rakuten is the easiest and most rewarding way to shop. Become a member today and start shopping smarter. Follow us for the latest sales, member-exclusive offers and more.

How does it work? We pay members Cash Back when they shop at over 2,500 stores, plus find them the best deals and coupons.

Join today and start earning Cash Back at your favorite stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Macy's, Sephora, Nike and more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Rakuten.com Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

99% percent of the time rebates go through seamlessly and on this particular Bodybuilding.com trip the rebate was very good. It's a no brainer to head onto Rakuten website and go through one of there links to receive money back on products I buy on a regular basis. I enjoy it very much and look forward to the reimbursement every time however I still wish there was the Amazon.com option to redeem my credits but either way it's rewarding.

Rakuten.com response

Thanks for taking the time to share, Victor! We're so happy to hear you're loving the Rakuten experience. We'll pass along the suggestion to offer an Amazon gift card to our members, but we hope you still enjoy receiving a Big Fat Check each quarter :)

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Dell XPS - I had an excellent experience with the store, I'm a little surprised I did not know about it sooner. I have sharp fit several other online retailers before, the prices are to subside were better than Best Best Buy or the official Dell.com store. As there were other negative reviews, I was a little hesitant at first, but very pleased with my overall experience.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I’ve been using Rakuten.com for years. Getting money back each time I shop online is awesome. The site is easy to use, and if there are any questions, the member services department is right there to help you along the way. I highly recommend checking out Rakuten.com and making it a part of your online shopping routine.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I bought a stroller off Rakuten that accommodates two newborns. After purchase I noticed how Rakuten had mostly bad one star reviews. I have to say I’m impressed. Not only did my stroller come with all of its parts and great shape but it’s sturdy as well as excellent quality. To top it off the price was $200 cheaper than other strollers with similar set up. Not sure why all the bad reviews - maybe disgruntled customers but my experience was amazing and they were fast with shipping too. I ordered last Friday and it came in today which is a Monday so within three days of ordering the stroller. :) I'd definitely buy again through Rakuten and I can’t wait for my twin girls to get here to use it. ❤️

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We purchased a couch from this site, HOPING that it would just arrive (after reading these reviews of canceled orders and late deliveries). After all, it was priced about $300 lower than the closest competitor and we've been looking for about 4 months! Not only did it arrive, but it arrived WITHIN 2 DAYS OF ORDER (ordered Sunday, delivered Tuesday!)! It was packaged well and we received a courtesy call prior to delivery. It was in perfect condition, no missing parts, no broken boxes. Excellent purchase!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rakuten.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Since changing from Ebates to Rakuten most of my purchases do not get any cash back into my account. Very disappointed in how most of my purchases are thru Amazon and $0 gets rewarded back. I think I will be closing my account.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

If I could, I would give 0 stars for their service. Everything on the Rakuten website screams rewards whereas nobody cares about the customer’s shopping experience. I thought the ultimate goal of your company is the customer’s satisfaction before a reward percentage. On October 2nd I opened up an account on Rakuten.com and purchased 1 x “XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD with Black XPG Heatsink". Next day, I received an automated email saying that my order has been cancelled with no clear answer why. Ever since then, I am trying to get in touch with someone to help me understand why my order was cancelled and why I cannot purchase the item again, but no luck.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I've been a longtime customer with many past orders and recently any new order I make is cancelled within 30 minutes automatically. I'm signed into my account, my payment details & address information is correct, stored with Rakuten and have not changed. I tried alternate payment method as well including PayPal with the same result. I do not have this issue with any other online retailers. You would think they would treat a repeat customer with more attention then ignore them with form email response. Overall very disappointing customer service & shopping experience. Whatever changed please change it back.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Rakuten had a special offer on Sephora stating Urban decay items get 8 percent and other items get 4 percent. I received 4 percent back on my whole order and when I complained they told me I got what I was supposed to. This is the second time this has happened. Last time Sephora was 10 percent back and they tried to make an excuse that vendor can cancel cash back at any time. 5 minutes after they send email???? I am ready to not use anymore B.S.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I was using Ebates with no problem getting money back on purchases. I really liked it. Since it changed to Rakuten, I've accumulated $0. My shopping habits have not changed, just this service. Seems to be just a waste of time now. And in looking at other recent reviews, I guess this is the way it will be. Goodbye Rakuten.

Rakuten.com Company Information