1.32/5
Based on 117 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

298 Rakuten.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I signed up for Rakuten's cashback shopping last month and it seems pretty straight forward, like an Ebates and other cashback sites. You get cashback for shopping at stores and it’s very easy to use so far. I can see the money saved in my account.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I ordered new HP printer and select one day shipment and got it one week later after contacting shipping company twice. For a second I thought I was frauded and lose my money, it’s how bad I felt with them. But finally, I got it. Hope it works fine or don’t know if I ever will get to send back and receive back in time. Price was decent good but don’t know about shipping side.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

They recently had a promotion of 4,500 yen free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen at a single shop. I found out that the shops participated in this promotion have increased their price per item significantly during the promotional period. Promotion ended Jan 25 2019, prices have gong back to normal now. DO NOT TRUST THEIR SO CALLED PROMOTION!!! Serious price inflation to get you to spend your $$$. I contacted Rakuten customer service and the response I got was that the shops have their right to set up whatever price they want. Pretty sure this is false advertisement, against the law in many countries, but maybe not Japan?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

First off I wrote a review on Rakuten.com and was emailed saying the review had been "moderated" and would not be posted to the website. So they only post positive reviews? This is exactly what I put on their site: The switch came and works wonderfully however it did not come with the extra joy-cons pictured in the bundle. I was extremely disappointed. I called BuyDig to straighten it out and they said it doesn't come with those controllers despite it being pictured in the image for the product and implied in the description. Needless to say I was disappointed and upset. Turns out not as great a deal as anticipated. Could have gotten it for the same price at Wal-Mart.

BuyDig was the seller on the site. They were not helpful and told me to contact Rakuten. When I contacted their customer service they did give me a 25 dollar credit but basically told me tough luck about what I thought I had purchased. They didn't even apologize until I pointed out how crummy their customer service was. I won't be shopping there again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Even though I reached out to Old Glory first and they did reply asking for pictures of the product in regards to my complaint (an orange mark on the icon white face of Hello Kitty), I never received any replies after. When I tried to do a negative review for the product, Rakuten said they wouldn't post it without much of a reason as to why. I did not use any offensive language and basically made a post like this showing my disappointment with the product which I could not use for the little girl's gift as intended and for the shop who did not reply to me after I sent them picture proof of the defect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rakuten.com?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

BEWARE RAKUTEN’S COMPLETELY OUTRAGEOUS RESTOCKING FEES FOR A RETURN!! I bought a $50 clock and those thieving ** want almost half of that amount for a “restocking fee”! Complete ** Brick and mortar stores will be around for a long time to come - as long as online scammers like these Rakuten ** keep pulling ** like this!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Will never do shopping on Rakuten. Be Aware for Rakuten very poor service. I bought TV on Rakuten site on Thanks-giving and order has been accepted but after 3 days they cancelled order without specifying any reason for cancellation. It is really frustrating.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I bought a stroller off Rakuten that accommodates two newborns. After purchase I noticed how Rakuten had mostly bad one star reviews. I have to say I’m impressed. Not only did my stroller come with all of its parts and great shape but it’s sturdy as well as excellent quality. To top it off the price was $200 cheaper than other strollers with similar set up. Not sure why all the bad reviews - maybe disgruntled customers but my experience was amazing and they were fast with shipping too. I ordered last Friday and it came in today which is a Monday so within three days of ordering the stroller. :) I'd definitely buy again through Rakuten and I can’t wait for my twin girls to get here to use it. ❤️

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was sent an email with a $5 discount offer off my first ebook purchase with Kobo (Rakuten). But the offer wouldn't work due to a technical glitch, and Rakuten would not fix the problem after I contacted them, nor just give me the $5 off using a different method. They kept sending me the same response over and over again which said that I was ineligible because I had received a few free books. This was ridiculous because I had never purchased anything at this point.

The discount was only $5! Any other company with decent customer service would have gladly given their customer the discount and found a workaround to the technical difficulty. Not this one. They offered no apology, no workaround, no friendliness or sympathy. I have since cancelled my account and will never buy from them again. I would consider returning my Kobo for a Kindle if it were not for the library integration in Canada which is only available with a Kobo. Don't buy from them!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have been struggling just trying to spend some $ on Rakuten.com. The payment system is ridiculous. The orders are always "automatically cancelled because we cannot verify your payment information" when I entered every single piece of info correctly, and no one, I mean no one, is able to help. The CSR told me ** that it was cancelled by program, and they could not help me reinstate the order. It seems that computer is controlling human, much more powerful than human. I tried PayPal and it was cancelled again. I swear that once I am able to burn the points in my account, I will surely say goodbye to Rakuten.com.

Rakuten.com Company Information