2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Rakuten is the new Ebates - With over 12 million members and $1 billion in Cash Back paid out, Rakuten is the easiest and most rewarding way to shop. Become a member today and start shopping smarter. Follow us for the latest sales, member-exclusive offers and more.

How does it work? We pay members Cash Back when they shop at over 2,500 stores, plus find them the best deals and coupons.

Join today and start earning Cash Back at your favorite stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Macy's, Sephora, Nike and more.

View More View More
Rakuten.com Learn More

Rakuten.com Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2020

My experience with them has been very good. You have to make sure you don't have anything that cancels out your Rakuten cashback, like Honey (or sometimes putting in certain discount codes). But otherwise, it works really well. Compared to other extensions like Honey, it tends to give you more cashback and a wider range. They have an incredible promotion right now: $30 sign up bonus for their anniversary this week. Otherwise, it's $10. Feel free to use my referral link for that bonus: **.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I had a recent inquiry with Rakuten about a miscommunication for a check. I contacted them about it and they were very helpful to me. They made any adjustments and helped me solve my issue. I would definitely recommend their customer service to anyone looking for any issues to be solved. Rakuten can help you!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Rakuten is the old Buy.com, which was bought out by the Japanese company. It continues and expands on what Buy.com was famous for, electronics at the best prices. They now rival Walmart for their online product selection. The inventory is all by third party sellers, who often offer free shipping regardless of pricing.

Original review: July 27, 2019

99% percent of the time rebates go through seamlessly and on this particular Bodybuilding.com trip the rebate was very good. It's a no brainer to head onto Rakuten website and go through one of there links to receive money back on products I buy on a regular basis. I enjoy it very much and look forward to the reimbursement every time however I still wish there was the Amazon.com option to redeem my credits but either way it's rewarding.

Rakuten.com response

Thanks for taking the time to share, Victor! We're so happy to hear you're loving the Rakuten experience. We'll pass along the suggestion to offer an Amazon gift card to our members, but we hope you still enjoy receiving a Big Fat Check each quarter :)

Original review: June 6, 2019

Though not always offering the absolute highest cash back, they consistently get it right! The transactions are followed through and are paid timely. Rare to ever contest a cash back transaction. Awesome company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rakuten.com?

Original review: May 21, 2020

I opened an account at Rakuten on the recommendation of my friend, then I made a purchase and recommended my family and friend to open an account on my recommendation on promotional terms at that time. Then after three days I could not log in to my account because it was temporarily blocked with a request to contact support. I asked to unlock the account several times and each time I received the same message. The same as we received from chatbots that their system periodically removes accounts that are in violation of the site's Terms of Use. I am indignant at how this company treats its clients and feels treated objectively. I categorically disagree with the allegations it has presented to me. Each account was created by my family and friends. I required to unlock each account but to no avail. We used their services in accordance with applicable regulations and rules.

Everyone is writing to me saying that I invited them to a company that blocks their accounts unreasonably and without asking about their identity. Most of them have already made a purchase hoping for a refund, even though they could use other companies on the market, but because of my invitation they stayed at Rakuten. Everyone uses and has registered PayPal accounts on their Rakuten accounts. I advise against using their services. They block an account without reason, despite the fact that they urge us to recommend their friends to set up an account and buy through their website and then, in order not to pay the cashback due, they block the account on the pretext of violating their terms and conditions!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I shop online quite a bit as I am a disabled woman. Since Rakuten took over Ebates, things have gone downhill with regards to the cashback we are assured that we will earn when shopping at online stores that work with Rakuten. A window pops up when you shop at these etailers from Rakuten that tells the consumer to "Activate cashback" and then advises there is nothing more for you to do except shop and enjoy your cashback. Not true! I shop at Kohl's quite often and when I look at my Rakuten statement, more often than not, I receive NO CASHBACK. When I reach out to Rakuten, their response is to ask me to provide order numbers (they already have that), confirmation emails from the eTailer, ship dates, etc., etc. What happened to "There is nothing more for you to do".

Rakuten is paid a commission from these eTailers and I would bet they collect on EVERY dollar that the consumer spends, yet when we have the audacity to request what was promised to us, Rakuten wants the consumer to do all the heavy lifting. I will be reaching out the the stores I spend thousands of dollars with over the year to let them know how unhappy I am with Rakuten!!!

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for reaching out. We see that Kohl's reversed some of the Cash Back for your orders. We are going to honor the Cash Back on these orders for you. You should see it in your account soon. Expect an email from us shortly! :)

Original review: May 17, 2020

I signed up with Rakuten Winter 2019. I made several purchases during that time, Proflowers, Hotels.com, Macy's even an Airbnb. I understood the terms and conditions, the projected wait time to receive checks, unfortunately not only did I not receive a check or checks, but customer service was rude, made me jump through hoops several times by sending receipts and other documentation of my purchases only to ignore my responses and verifications of purchases. I am disappointed that I thought a program designed to pay you for shopping is a deception to the general public. I would encourage people if it sounds too good to be true...it 99 percent of the time is. I am 50 years old and still was duped by this company. Very disheartening. Yvette T.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Huge disappointment. Rakuten tempt everyone with their referral programs, but all that is a bad joke. I referred my wife and they have revoked the bonuses and blocked the accounts stating that they were made by same person. I can understand that they need to protect themselves from multiaccounts frauds. Problem is that they did not even gave me a chance to prove that account was made by my wife and customer service was completely ignorant and unpleasant. On top of that they gave a point from terms and conditions that they can remove the bonus at any time for any reason or no reason!!! This is just ridiculous. Do not use the service just to spare yourself nerves and disappointment.

Original review: May 14, 2020

When it was Ebates, the process was simple and there were no glitches or problems. THEN IT BECAME RAKUTEN! - First they tried to take away cash back and strictly go on a points system - FAIL!. So they are (to all appearances) - back to a % based cash back business. Now the problem is Most of the time, you can't get on to the site, get your 5% at the store, you are basically just paralized, stuck in a #400 bad request. Try to log onto the site - #400 bad request, the pop-up comes on to click here for % off (while in the store shopping - #400 bad request), try to open the app online #400 bad request!!!! I have all but given up using this stupid money back app because it DOESN'T WORK, and annoys the HELL out of me. FIX YOUR G.D. SITE!!! FIX THE PROBLEMS!!!! FIX THE GLITCHES!!!! YOUR EBATES SITE WAS GREAT >>>> AS RAKUTEN - IT SUCKS!!!

Hi Raye,

Thanks so much for reaching out and we're so sorry for the trouble. We haven't seen this problem on our end, but would like to look into this to see what might be going on. Please email us further details to memberservices@rakuten.com and our team will assist.

Rakuten.com Company Information