3.35/5

Rakuten.com

With over 12 million members and $1 billion in Cash Back paid out, Rakuten is the easiest and most rewarding way to shop. Become a member today and start shopping smarter. Follow us for the latest sales, member-exclusive offers and more.

How does it work? We pay members Cash Back when they shop at over 2,500 stores, plus find them the best deals and coupons.

Join today and start earning Cash Back at your favorite stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Macy's, Sephora, Nike and more.

View More View More

305 Rakuten.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

Like many other users, I had the same experience where they do not honor their offers. I earned a lot of bonuses from buying a new computer and other equipment and they canceled my account to avoid paying me the bonus I earned.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My order was done 5 days ago without any confirmation or update from them. Today I decided to verify and there was a status Status Preparing Shipment. Luckily they did not even charge my credit card, so how can we trust to buy anything like this?

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I use the Ebates Rakuten app to shop and they rarely credit me with any of the purchases. They have a spot to enter your "missing money" with order number and sub total and they respond stating the company hasn't reported a purchase to them. My credit card company and the store have certainly acknowledged my purchase, it shouldn't be my responsibility to oversee whatever agreement and sharing of information Rakuten has with these companies.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Dell XPS - I had an excellent experience with the store, I'm a little surprised I did not know about it sooner. I have sharp fit several other online retailers before, the prices are to subside were better than Best Best Buy or the official Dell.com store. As there were other negative reviews, I was a little hesitant at first, but very pleased with my overall experience.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I had saved a Jet Wood Lathe in my cart. Rakuten sent me an email reminding me to complete the transaction. They offered, in bold font, to sell the lathe for $764.99. I responded to the offer in less than 5 hours, but they had raised the price to $849.99. Customer service refused to honor their offer, citing their right to raise the price at any time. That's false advertising IMO. There are too many other reputable online merchants. who honor their offers, to consider ever patronizing Racketoon again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rakuten.com?

Original review: March 13, 2019

Used PayPal as payment to snag a good deal and order got canceled without even giving me a chance to resolve the issue. AT LEAST PUT THE ORDER ON HOLD OR SOMETHING. I've never had a problem with PayPal as payment before. Got a robot message telling me I have to validate payment and shipping information. First impressions are important and they really screwed up.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I’ve been using Rakuten.com for years. Getting money back each time I shop online is awesome. The site is easy to use, and if there are any questions, the member services department is right there to help you along the way. I highly recommend checking out Rakuten.com and making it a part of your online shopping routine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I signed up for Rakuten's cashback shopping last month and it seems pretty straight forward, like an Ebates and other cashback sites. You get cashback for shopping at stores and it’s very easy to use so far. I can see the money saved in my account.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I ordered new HP printer and select one day shipment and got it one week later after contacting shipping company twice. For a second I thought I was frauded and lose my money, it’s how bad I felt with them. But finally, I got it. Hope it works fine or don’t know if I ever will get to send back and receive back in time. Price was decent good but don’t know about shipping side.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

They recently had a promotion of 4,500 yen free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen at a single shop. I found out that the shops participated in this promotion have increased their price per item significantly during the promotional period. Promotion ended Jan 25 2019, prices have gong back to normal now. DO NOT TRUST THEIR SO CALLED PROMOTION!!! Serious price inflation to get you to spend your $$$. I contacted Rakuten customer service and the response I got was that the shops have their right to set up whatever price they want. Pretty sure this is false advertisement, against the law in many countries, but maybe not Japan?

Rakuten.com Company Information