It's that easy Request Information
3.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Rakuten is the new Ebates - With over 12 million members and $1 billion in Cash Back paid out, Rakuten is the easiest and most rewarding way to shop. Become a member today and start shopping smarter. Follow us for the latest sales, member-exclusive offers and more.

How does it work? We pay members Cash Back when they shop at over 2,500 stores, plus find them the best deals and coupons.

Join today and start earning Cash Back at your favorite stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Macy's, Sephora, Nike and more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Rakuten.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

At first I liked Rakuten. I shopped from Microsoft, Macy's, IHerbs and other stores. But when I earned $ 240, they blocked my account and the account of my friends, whom I referred Rakuten. They just got % from the store where I made the purchase and canceled all our membership. And didn’t send anything!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I used this company for less than a year. I made several online purchases through them so I can supposedly earn "cash back". My account states that I have earned $131 and it will be deposited to my Paypal account on November 11th, 2019. Well it's December 4th, 2019 and I'm three emails and two unanswered phone calls later trying to get my money!!! Do not use this scam company. You will not receive your "cash back" but I can guarantee you they will keep their money for transferring you to the participating merchants websites. Please spread the word about this scam company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have been attempting to get information for an issue with my password. In trying to change my password I use the code sent to me, and I keep getting a message to enter the code. After attempting several times over a few week period I attempted to contact Rakuten Customer Service. I received an email stating someone would contact me shortly, never to be contacted. Getting a check from them is another issue. I had never had a problem with Ebates.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

As many other reviewers here have stated, back when it was Ebates, they were honest and you would actually get your cash back. Now that it is Rakuten I'm having similar experiences to others here reviewing. No cash back for multiple transactions. Having to follow up just to get the cash back etc. I'm done. Will not be using Rakuten and will tell EVERYONE about the scam they are running.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have used Rakuten for more than a year now. They have been promoting on TV that you earn a lot back from purchasing online with them. However, that is not true at all. I placed my Christmas shopping with them for my Amazon orders totaling more than $200. I received a total of $2.53 for those orders. Wow what a savings. This is such a scam. I contacted customer service and they said that Amazon does not give much cash back rewards for their orders. I won't be using them anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rakuten.com?

Original review: July 27, 2019

99% percent of the time rebates go through seamlessly and on this particular Bodybuilding.com trip the rebate was very good. It's a no brainer to head onto Rakuten website and go through one of there links to receive money back on products I buy on a regular basis. I enjoy it very much and look forward to the reimbursement every time however I still wish there was the Amazon.com option to redeem my credits but either way it's rewarding.

Rakuten.com response

Thanks for taking the time to share, Victor! We're so happy to hear you're loving the Rakuten experience. We'll pass along the suggestion to offer an Amazon gift card to our members, but we hope you still enjoy receiving a Big Fat Check each quarter :)

Original review: June 6, 2019

Though not always offering the absolute highest cash back, they consistently get it right! The transactions are followed through and are paid timely. Rare to ever contest a cash back transaction. Awesome company.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Dell XPS - I had an excellent experience with the store, I'm a little surprised I did not know about it sooner. I have sharp fit several other online retailers before, the prices are to subside were better than Best Best Buy or the official Dell.com store. As there were other negative reviews, I was a little hesitant at first, but very pleased with my overall experience.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I’ve been using Rakuten.com for years. Getting money back each time I shop online is awesome. The site is easy to use, and if there are any questions, the member services department is right there to help you along the way. I highly recommend checking out Rakuten.com and making it a part of your online shopping routine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I signed up for Rakuten's cashback shopping last month and it seems pretty straight forward, like an Ebates and other cashback sites. You get cashback for shopping at stores and it’s very easy to use so far. I can see the money saved in my account.

Rakuten.com Company Information