2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.82/5

Rakuten is the new Ebates - With over 12 million members and $1 billion in Cash Back paid out, Rakuten is the easiest and most rewarding way to shop. Become a member today and start shopping smarter. Follow us for the latest sales, member-exclusive offers and more.

How does it work? We pay members Cash Back when they shop at over 2,500 stores, plus find them the best deals and coupons.

Join today and start earning Cash Back at your favorite stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Macy's, Sephora, Nike and more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Rakuten.com Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

99% percent of the time rebates go through seamlessly and on this particular Bodybuilding.com trip the rebate was very good. It's a no brainer to head onto Rakuten website and go through one of there links to receive money back on products I buy on a regular basis. I enjoy it very much and look forward to the reimbursement every time however I still wish there was the Amazon.com option to redeem my credits but either way it's rewarding.

Rakuten.com response

Thanks for taking the time to share, Victor! We're so happy to hear you're loving the Rakuten experience. We'll pass along the suggestion to offer an Amazon gift card to our members, but we hope you still enjoy receiving a Big Fat Check each quarter :)

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Though not always offering the absolute highest cash back, they consistently get it right! The transactions are followed through and are paid timely. Rare to ever contest a cash back transaction. Awesome company.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Dell XPS - I had an excellent experience with the store, I'm a little surprised I did not know about it sooner. I have sharp fit several other online retailers before, the prices are to subside were better than Best Best Buy or the official Dell.com store. As there were other negative reviews, I was a little hesitant at first, but very pleased with my overall experience.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I’ve been using Rakuten.com for years. Getting money back each time I shop online is awesome. The site is easy to use, and if there are any questions, the member services department is right there to help you along the way. I highly recommend checking out Rakuten.com and making it a part of your online shopping routine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I signed up for Rakuten's cashback shopping last month and it seems pretty straight forward, like an Ebates and other cashback sites. You get cashback for shopping at stores and it’s very easy to use so far. I can see the money saved in my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rakuten.com?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

They may not be a scam, but they are scammy. Literally EVERY order I've placed after logging into their site and linking to a merchant and making a purchase has not a automatically shown up. We're talking over 10 different sites. I have to contact them for 'missing credit' and the first 8x they gave me the credit and then later confirmed they heard from the seller. The 9th time they said what I bought from Amazon was completely ineligible (I was expecting 1% per their site). I have emailed them 7x asking why my purchases are never credit. They NEVER RESPOND!

My last purchase was 11 days ago and they still refuse to credit me for the purchase, even though I sent them the confirmation of purchase 11 days ago and they told me it would take up to 10 days to post (their site said it would post within 24 hours). So while the concept of Rakuten is nice, the amount of time and effort needed to get your cashback from them screwing you around makes it a giant hassle. But maybe that's the point.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have used the app twice and 1st time I had to request my cash back. 2nd time I was supposed to get 5% and only got 1%. Had to provide details when I put in my request, which I did. They gave me the 1 % so they already had the details. After sending a request with the details I was asked to provide a screenshot of the transaction including how it got paid. I had been with Ebates and pretty much gave up on them because I rarely got anything back. I hope every time I use this I won't have to contact them for every transaction.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I referred my sister who downloaded and used this app several times for a fact, and has even gotten her big fat check before me. I have not been allotted my referral fee of $25 and it doesn't even show she exists by her email. when I use the horrifying app they have in place to deal with customers. And seems it’s the only was I get nowhere and what a waste of my time. I also referred a few more people and only one shows up as pending. Discouraged and not willing to deal with unjust and broken promises. Rakuten you need to step up your game. Shaking my head in disbelief. Don’t recommend referring for referral fee. It doesn't work. Sad but true. Silly me. Gloria **

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I used Ebates years ago and had a good experience with it - they tracked my purchases made through Ebates and paid me promptly. I had forgotten about using it until a year or so ago and began using it again. What a difference!! I would find only 10 or 20% of my purchases were being tracked. It was way too much trouble to keep track of information I would have to provide when I could figure out what was missing. I had hoped when it became Rakuten that it would change back to the great deal it used to be. Alas, I had approximately $2500 in purchases from spring to winter and received just over $5 in rebates! I made sure the popup said the purchase was recognized, but somehow it never made it to my records. Bah - I cancelled.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I bought a Jabra Elite 65T from Rakuten. Ordered it 12/8/19 received it 12/17/19. Tried it out and only works for 10 seconds after powering up. I tried powering down then up, updating firmware and still it only works for 10 seconds and then sound stops. Contacted rakuten on 12/18 and was told that they received my message and will contact Jabra. That was it until I contacted them again on 12/23. Again, I was told that they will reach out to the merchant and will have a response by 12/27 and if there is no response from the merchant, they will take independent action.

When I asked about what independent action would be, it is: "we’ll step in and find you a resolution. That may include a pre-paid label for returns and full or partial refund, or any other reasonable solution based on our sole discretion." It's now the 29th and I have not heard from anyone again. Good thing it is only a $60 product. I can afford to lose that but will never shop at Rakuten ever again and will let everyone know to avoid the company. There's a reason why Amazon is the number 1 online retailer.

Rakuten.com Company Information