3.65/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Amway

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 25, 2017

25 Amway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

They are very similar to Amazon. I would want them to lower their prices even more because I noticed that the prices started to increase and in order for me to remain a customer prices have to be fair. However, my overall experience with this website is very good because their delivery is very quick and easy and I will continue to use it if it stays that way. The service is really good also.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I love Amway. It's been around for along time. The products are good quality and they have great customer service. The products are guaranteed, if you have any problems you send them back and they will get you another one. No questions asked. However, I've had problems a few times getting a hold of someone in their customer service but they have a wonderful selection of products from home to beauty to bath and nutrition. I've bought just about everything and haven't ever had any issues with any of their things.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

They're very honest. Their products are clean and not full of things that will poison you. You always have a partner to help you. You would not believe how people respond to you, when they first realize the product really is that good. Sometimes I forget that in the long run ''it's cheaper to by in bulk'' but it seems at the time ''like a lot of money" and I hate the confusion in my mind. Also, the pyramid took a long time to get into my brain. That's where having someone I could call and not be too far from me to help when I just did not understand. Amway is so simple to sell but my interest was for woman everywhere with or without kids to have clean, clothes and not breathe in their homes with chemicals.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I love the natural ingredients that they use in their products. They make everything seem fresher and they help keep my family healthy. I would definitely recommend their products to anyone. I like Amway and I have confidence that their customer service team would have no problem addressing my concerns and making things right quickly. It was easy to order, their customer service is top notch and their selection of products is very extensive. They have products for everyone and anyone, no matter what you are looking for.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I like the convenience that they offer. They have a wide variety of high quality products and their shipping is always on time. The layout of the website makes it quite easy to find the products I need and the specific package sizes that I am looking for. It would be good it they allowed for bundling certain items together in order to get a discount. They do it to a certain extent, but it would be great if they offer far more options and combinations. It was a clear, organized experience that made shopping quite enjoyable. Checking out was easy and the entire experience was hassle free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amway/Quixtar?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Amway allows me to buy health, beauty, and home care products in a fashion that no other site does. It provides multi level marketing which builds a relationship between buyer and seller. However, the thing I would change about this company is to make their service more user friendly. As of right now it is extremely difficult for me to navigate their site to search for items I want. My overall experience for using this company has been rather well thus far. In terms of product selection, there are a large catalog of products that I can choose from. The purchasing process is as streamlined as any other site and the customer service has been impeccable too.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

They are a very professional and big all American company. What amazes me the most is their customer service, very pleasant and polite people, always there to help and resolve any problem there might be. It was very easy to sign up and post first order. They offer a ton of benefits, and a huge selection. I ordered a bunch of stuff first time, it arrived very fast, and I was amazed by quality and total price. Will buy again soon.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I like the healthy products and various selections offered on their website. Amway has been around for long time and also offers way to start your own business and spread the word on their wonderful products. I really enjoy their skincare line and XS energy drinks and snacks. The energy drinks taste great and give you the extra boost of energy to get my day going. The products are way over priced and are not priced for individuals who are lower income people. I think if they find ways to cut prices it will allow a wider range of people to shop with them.

Even though I enjoy their products I don’t get to shop with Amway often due to the cost. Allowing for a more budget friendly site would also make me recommend them to my family and friends. Overall the products are good but as a mother of 3 kids on a budget it is way too expensive. The product selection is awesome for what type of products the site offers. Most Amway business owners do really well with explaining and promoting the product. I have never had any issues with customer service or the purchasing process.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I like most of Amway's products. Their cleaning products are really good. I have purchased many things from Amway. Many good products at a reasonable price. I have shopped with them for many years. In fact years ago when I was much younger I worked for Amway. Their sales persons are very nice and courteous and well mannered. Pleasant to do business with. Their representatives are of good character, always arrive on the appointed time and it is a pleasant sight to see them coming to my door to show what they have on sale.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I love Amway because they have excellent customer service available and are always efficient and ethical in their ways. I like the way it handles business. They are also very unique and engaging and have a very broad selection of products and services that are relevant to my profession. I would use them again. I would recommend Amway to a colleague or any other peers in my organization and to anyone looking for services similar.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

It was very good at the beginning, loved the selection. The products went a long way, they were very effective and did the job, I loved the personal interaction with the distributor, things came on time and full order. However, products were not cost effective, they were very expensive to ship and the constant pressure to become a distributor was unnerving. I just wanted to buy the products annually.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I have not purchased anything from Amway in years, but I did like a number of their products. I particularly liked their cleaning supplies. I also think that Amway products were fairly high quality and had a good guarantee. I also think that Amway prices were fairly high. I would also prefer to order online than through a distributor, particularly a multi-level distributor who wants you to join their down-line marketing group. I had a fairly positive experience. The individual I ordered from was a personal friend, so we had a good relationship. She also gave me free samples of products so I could see if I liked them before I ordered them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I love their laundry soap, but hate the fees you have to pay. You either have to become a distributor for the company, which is quite expensive, or pay a much higher retail price. There is no loyal customer program or incentive to continue ordering. They also always seem to be high pressure sales people who continuously pester you until you join. There were quite a few products that we liked, such as some of the protein bars and energy drinks. Then they decided to make some changes to those items that we no longer cared for.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

They have a great selection of merchandise to choose from and I love seeing them. They are very great folks with a great business. It's a great experience because they really do care about their customers. I wouldnt want to go elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I like Amway's clothes, electronics, gadgets, pants, watches, shirts, sweaters, shorts, games, and many others things that comes in that way. Not really good prices, but the quality is pretty good, has many variety of products, but more brands be good! I like Champion brand and they should put it there. I like that Amway are very flexible and can take care of you real quick if you have questions and concerns. The experience was good and everything went ok, with my purchases and I find a good place to buy things! Good money spend every time.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Amway has become one of the most reliable options for me and my family. I buy there because they offer quality products and they are very durable, such as detergents and cleaning products. They offer good products and their customer service is very good, the person who sells me directly is very kind. Whenever I buy in Amway I do it with the distributor directly because the products are cheaper there, but from time to time I look for my reseller and I request products.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I was surprised at the breadth and depth of their product selections. I had always thought of Amway as just having cleaning products. However, that only scratches the surface. Their cleaning products, such as SA-8, are second to none. Very superior products. We also purchased jewelry. They have a very large collection of original, beautiful designs. I also found Amway's customer service to be extremely customer oriented. But Amway still has a stigma associated with them dating back to the 60s and 70s. That stigma was one of distributors being forced to purchase garages full of products in order to be able to qualify as a direct distributor. However the products themselves have always been thought to be superior. If I could change anything about Amway it would be to improve the perception of the distributing organization, not the manufacturer.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I had a very good experience with Amway. They have very nice people on website to help you, the employees know about all of the products that they sell. This probably one of the reasons they have been in business for so long. Also, they are a very good company that has top quality products. Amway probably has a large amount of orders to handle every day. However, the prices are very high on most products. They can probably keep the prices this high because all of the people that buy their products are used to paying the higher prices for wonderful products.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

At first I thought the products were useful and worth it, but after more purchases and comparison shopping I was very disappointed in the value and quality of the products they sell. Products are overpriced and of questionable quality. I was roped into buying these from "friends" that are now former friends and was involved in several arguments with them over the value of the products that are easier and cheaper to get at Walmart’s. Very frustrating. Not only did we pay too much for products we had to wait for to get delivery, we lost two of our closest friends who valued their profits more than our friendship.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I shopped with Amway about 20 years ago when a neighbor in my apartment building became a sales rep for them. I really liked the cleaning products which were pure and did a great job of cleaning everything! I had a terrific rep who sold the various products that interested me. I was always very impressed by Amway. To my knowledge, Amway has always had an impeccable reputation and the highest quality products. I didn't find any reason to dislike the company back then and certainly have no reason to dislike it now!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I order Artistry Supreme LX Limited-Edition Collection with Vanity Tray Gift (Item#272684). I receive my order and one of my creams was open. It spill in the box so I return my order the same day. I contacted customer service and they replace my order. As stated in the previous emails, I never received my order. Upon researching, tracking shows my package has been delivered on 04/30/2017 and left in my front door. I PAY MORE THAN $500 AND THEY JUST LEFT IT IN MY FRONT DOOR OF MY APARTMENT. A $500 ORDER!! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

My college bound son called and stated he went to a seminar to sponsor Amway which in turns was a marketing scam to recruit! They asked for $200 to hold to start and depending on the sales and teams that he got together to do the same along with commission he can earn $200 a month! My son is unemployed in college trying to get an education not be a flunky for selling products online! Stop lying about making $39,000 in a month home business! If it was legitimate why haven't everyone heard of this company or products! Leave young, impressionable people alone! And stop showing them the money and talk about staying in school and getting an education & degree! Instead of quick money!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

I was invited by a gentlemen from eastern Suffolk area, NY and had told him I was busy in other things. What I didn't realize was how I had went to see this same presentation in someone's house about 20 years prior to 2015. So it was May 2015 and people want to return to the American dream and here comes these floating characters straight out of a horror video game. So they smiled their way and have their game plans down to a science. There's no way I'm going to sit through a presentation that makes me feel I am chained down in my seat 24/7.

Well that was the feeling I had and I am not into being made a fool because I am not a best SELLING author or someone from the gov't. Nevertheless, the presenter had three other RESPECTABLE PEOPLE in the room including my 2 guests. When asked if they would be interested in a real business the guy went loco on me but in a cool way. Oh come on papi what are you kidding me? I would never spend money on a business. YOU think I want to push books and budgets not me no way! So he vented but I vented also telling everyone he was making a grave mistake by not taking me up on the offer of a future REAL AMERICAN business. All these monsters have in their agenda is taking green and embarrassing you or in this case they tried to defile me. Not happening on my clock. Oh secret they don't believe in your justifiable beliefs like MY CLOCK!

Anyhow the focus went onto my two guests and one of the guests must of been brainwashed straight out of the factory on this high status reps rantings. He said he was totally sided with the commanding syndicate rep, but HOW NO WAY I SAID IN MY BRAIN! The second guy let's just call him Mr. F an older more experienced man who had owned his own house and worked with some big car dealerships in his lifetime. Was like I don't see anything wrong with what this guy is aiming at. Moreover, Mr. F was telling me I should listen to this high status rep who made 100% sense. Now I could see where this was going and I wanted to get our fast and I mean draw a door in the middle of the room and escape.

So the reps kept us there till one of us committed and I definitely vouched out already. The reason the fake advertisements, fake prospect of making money and fake your part of the family feeling. No I told them it's time for us to go and they passed us pamphlets and a cozy Amway beverage to gulp down with my last dying breaths if I needed. Needless to say no one will ever show people the American dream because it is so marvelous. So it's not like living a life to take hard earned dollars because it's the FUTURE and I believe America cannot exist because AMWAY and others say money where do I get it. Duhhhhh and you my friend are in our zombie pyramid scheme. Booo! I'm gone through my drawn out door. GOODBYE!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2000

I attended a meeting where this man told me and another guest of a corporation being formed that is setting up a virtual mall on the internet with a start-up date of 9/1/99. He gave me two web addresses to go to for more info which was www.countdown 9199.com and e-zshopping.net/ with an I.D. word of Freedom and password of e-zshopping.

He also gave me copies of documents telling about purchasing from this virtual mall with a pin number. The cost of the kit is $160 but the documents said the price of the kit was $151. My questions are whether or not any of this is legit. The opportunity is to be on the ground-floor, with an existing base of approx. 2 million members at launch date coupled with the experience and backing of top companies, the Devos, Van Andel families and the Amway Corp. The idea is to use the internet to purchase anything from this mall you could possibly even think of plus cars and groceries.

After you receive your $160 kit which is only sample products of Amway and order sheets and brochures to explain Amway Corp, you are supposed to contact as many people as you know and try to sell them the kit so they can become a Independent Business Owner and they in turn sign up as many people as they can, so on and so forth.

When you get your Indep. Bus. Owner's pin number, you give this pin number to all the people who signs up under you, and anyone else that signs up under your people is suppose to receive a percentage of the sales of merchandise purchased on this new virtual mall. They say if you sign up 6 people, the estimate amount of money they predict is $25,000/annually.

Can you give me advice about joining this new organization and is all this going to happen?

Our advice: Take the $160 and throw it out the window. Who knows? If it's windy enough, there's always a chance that it will blow back in, along with even more money that just happened to be blowing by. The chances of this happening are considerably better than your making $25,000 per year in a multi-level Internet marketing scheme.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2000

I have paid $100 to be an Independent Business Owner for a group called Quixtar. This group is a subsidiary of ecommerce.com. Also, the same person that started Amway -- started this company as well.

You can imagine how the speal goes: you start out as an IBO -- get a handful of your friends involved and get them signed up. Once you get them signed up you then make a commission off of their sales. There are 3 ways to make commission -- by signing up Independent Business Owners (IBOs), by signing up Members or by getting clients.

I tried to be optimistic at first for the sake of my boyfriend. However, since this thing has started a lot of what was told to me is no longer true.

First the company used to have a hard copy of their catalog. Now everything is done by the internet --thereby alleviating the catalog (no paper trail that way). Also, upon signing up to be an IBO, I was told that I would get some paperwork that would help me start my business -- guess what no paperwork -- again everything is done through the internet.

I have already paid my money but have not really signed any contracts with them yet. The only thing i have done is registered through the internet upon giving my $100 fee. I clicked on some items that said I understood the conditions -- but have not signed anything -- does this legally bind me to anything.

Amway Company Information