1Sale (formerly 1SaleADay)

1Sale is formerly known as 1SaleAday

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When I spend my hard earned money for a product I expect it to be delivered. Site is questionable? Gamble with your money on this site.

Bought a Samsung microSD card from 1SaleADay. It broke (probably because it's a fake). E-mailed Samsung for an RMA. They told me it's fake card and can't RMA it. I e-mailed 1SaleADay and they told me they can't do anything because it's past the 21-day return window. I remind them that they sold a fake branded microSD card as a Samsung SD card, thus the transaction was fraudulent on their behalf and I now have no warranty (that I would have if it was a genuine Samsung) on a broken fake SD card. They ask for e-mail between me and Samsung. I send them both a PDF and forward them the e-mail I had with Samsung. Never hear a reply after that. Stay away from these scam artists. Seriously, these guys are terrible.

Judging by the multiple complaints on your website, your Customer Service Department should be embarrassed. I ordered an iPad 2 over two weeks ago and sent a request to your company as to when can I expect delivery. To date have not received a response. If a customer takes the time to put his thoughts into words, the least you can do, is have the common courtesy to issue a reply.

I used to work for 1SaleADay. I was a customer service representative. They treated us well there - providing a clean environment to work and lunch for all the employees. I was a level 1 customer service rep. We were only allowed to use scripts to respond to customers. When I started paying attention to the complaints, and especially that gifts were not being received on time for the holidays, I started looking more into the orders. If the tracking number was the issue I would find the tracking number and include it in my response to the customer - those were the easy & resolvable cases. If it was an issue of a shipment that never arrived of a faulty product (especially jewelry) we were told to escalate the email to a "Level 2" customer service rep.

Now don't get me wrong. Some of their items were really good and we would even order ourselves with employee discount (they made sure our orders arrived). I was fired because I personalized my responses to concerned customers and I wasn't sending out emails fast enough. I wasn't meeting my quota. But to me, inserting a quick response and typing my name underneath it suggests I'm not really taking time to read the emails. I missed the free food but I am so glad they fired me. I only wish I figured it out in advance so I could boldly say "I Quit". Oh well.

I wrote a request to 1sale trying to get my issue about product warranties resolved. I had purchased a Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse from their site about two years ago. I started have problems with it back this January. Since it's obviously passed their 21-day return policy, I contacted the manufacturer Logitech to have it get fixed/replaced. After emailing back and forth with them they said that my 3-year product warranty is worth **, because and I quote the email from Logitech now, "We regret to inform you that we cannot process a replacement for your device as it was purchased from 1saleaday. This store is not an authorized Logitech device retailer." So they will not even work with me to get a product I purchased from 1sale fixed! Even though the "product has a manufacturer's 3-year warranty". If other manufacturers are going to do this as well any products you purchased from 1sale will NEVER have any form of warranty!

I bought my mouse on their site with the understanding that my product "Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse" would be covered with a warranty if it needed to be fixed. It is implied and assumed that the warranty for products bought from the 1sale site will be upheld after purchase of the product. As seeing that they are not, means false advertisement of product warranties. I kept going after Logitech, but as 1sale being the Seller they needed to make people aware of the circumstances involved for warranties of products and possible problems from purchasing from their site. I wanted to get this resolved but as it seems I now have to buy a new mouse altogether since neither of them want to correct the problem they have with their customer.

It only took about 15 minutes for them to respond to my request but you all know what that means, "I apologize for any inconvenience and confusion. I am sorry to hear you have encountered a problem with your purchase. At the time of sale this item was advertised as including a 90-day warranty. Unfortunately, this request is outside of these terms. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with today. " All in all NEVER buy anything from their site EVER! They are worthless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1Sale (formerly 1SaleADay)?

They shipped the products to my complex but left my APT# off the address. I tried to contact UPS and USPS (the package was passed off from one to the other) to get the package but whatever deal they made supposedly prevents them from making any delivery changes and forced them to ship it back to 1Sale. 1Sale decided to refund the money, but never did despite the email they sent me saying they would. I tried to email them again asking about the status with no reply. They scammed me. I have not product and they have my $$. Not worth the 5% you might save. Just buy somewhere that you can get some real customer service... I had a problem previously and they offered me in store credit$$ to make me happy with my next purchase and change my review...and they never credited the account! LOL

Overall, since the revamping of onesaleoneday, late late delivery and slow customer service. I will not be using the site unless I have time to wait, and I know it's something that can't arrive screwed up.

Purchased a refurbished MacBook; instead a newly installed OS that we could set the ADMIN password on. This one came with an ADMIN account created and no password. Not only cannot I not update the OS; furthermore I cannot even install iTunes because the current OS is not update. We have emailed since they no longer accept phone calls. I wonder why? I am going to looking at pursuing legal options against them as well.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Thankfully, the company decided to correct the issue by issuing the RMA number and a full refund on the same day of the receipt. Thank you for that.

Dmitry of Plano, TX on

Original Review

On April 8th, 2014, I purchased an engagement ring set from 1SaleADay for that was advertised to be Certified. It came with the certification card. The advertisement also stated that the ring retailed at $5,000. It was said to be 14K White Gold. 8 months later, the ring began to change color. I tried to login to 1Sale website to get a copy of my receipt to try to get an RMA number to return the ring, but the receipt information was unavailable and there was no way to login to access warranty information. Luckily, I saved the order confirmation e-mail from April 8, 2014 and sent an e-mail to 1SaleAday requesting to return their item, but was told by the representative that the defected items can only be returned within 21 days from the receipt date and that there is nothing she can do to help me since the item is outside of the 21 day term. I do not believe their business practices are sound and since the set was certified, it should carry a warranty. If anyone would like to purchase jewelry, please do so at a reputable vendor who will stand behind their product.

I signed up to receive notices on specials 1Sale (formerly 1SaleADay) offers, looked like it was a good thing. I ordered a coffee cup that was very nice, came shipped nicely at a good price. I thought ok, this cannot be a bad thing. My next purchase was a tablet (with $20 rebate). Tablet is fine, but STILL have not received rebate! Ordered tablet in middle of May, Process shows paperwork was approved on July 3rd. Today is 11/14 AND STILL NO REBATE RECEIVED. The process says still pending! I contacted Customer service and they advised that they didn't expect such a high turnout for this rebate. Be aware of rebates with these guys. If they cannot handle the volume, they should admit it.

Bought 5 pairs of earrings - 3 broke. Sent photos and disputed the charge. They reversed the charge and took payment in full. They won the battle and lost the war - I am posting this everywhere.

I have had nothing but problems with this company of late. I have ordered from them a few times and aside from taking a long time to get my items delivered, I usually received my items as they were as expected. The order before last I waited over two months for my order which never came and eventually I received an email from 1sale.com stating that they had run out of the item and that they were cancelling my order and returning my money. I had enough of this company but my husband insisted on trying them one more time because he wanted sunglasses from them. We placed an order for their mystery box and the sunglasses. After waiting a couple of weeks, I emailed and asked where my items were.

Apparently they were on delay (as usual) and they said that my order will ship within 3-5 business days. Finally we received a package that contained only the mystery box, no sunglasses or case, although they were printed on the inventory list for that box. When I emailed 1sale.com, they responded by saying that my items will ship separately and to give it a few more days. Then I emailed them 5 days later and they responded to me saying that the sunglasses and case were included in the shipment and to ask my family and friends if they have them. This was exactly why I had emailed them in the first place. The customer service from this company is terrible. I don't even care about the sales at this point. I'd pay double not to deal with them. Buyer Beware!!!!

Generally I had a good experience with 1sale. But this time the watch I have bought is just not working. First of all it was sent with 1 belt detached and I am having hard time to attach it back. I will highly appreciate if this is taken care by 1sale. I am a regular customer of 1sale but this time the product is not even up to standards. The rating is only for above product.

I ordered a set of 4 pillows from 1Sale. When I went to pick up the box from the post office, the box looked damaged and the clear packing tape was coming off. When I opened the box there was only 1 pillow instead of 4 pillow. To be honest, box didn't seem large enough to hold 4 pillows. I e-mailed the customer service because of course they have no phone number to contact them on Thursday. I got a reply back on Monday asking for photos of the damaged box. I send an e-mail back with photos. It has been a week now without a response. I send another e-mail to them and have not heard back yet. After reading the other complaints and having no phone number to contact them, they have lost a customer.

Been with One Sale for a long time. Every item I bought looked exactly as it was pictured on the the site. One problem. MAIL TOO SLOW.

I opened the box and thought I'd been sent an incorrect order. The earrings I ordered looked, to me, like dressmaking straight pins. The "topaz" was so small that a pinhead was actually larger than what was delivered. They will not refund my money. I don't take kindly to being deceived. They have lost a customer.

Ordered 9 pair of Nike sunglasses. A small box with Air Pak cells and just enough room for 1 pair of sunglasses contained within arrived. Also in the box was a packing ship "proudly packed by RW" showing 9 pair of sunglasses on a checklist included. Upon contacting 1Sale support to request a refund for the 8 pair of sunglasses unshipped and escalating a dispute via PayPal, 1Sale has finally addressed the situation with complete ignorance of my claim/dispute. They have indicated to PayPal that the weight on the box matches the approx. weight that the sunglasses would be. In fact, the weight did read 3 lbs which means that the GROVE CITY, OH merchant they contracted is fraudulently assigning a full ship weight and then removing the items from the shipment.

1Sale may subcontract the sale from the shipping merchant but either way they are directly responsible to investigate properly and it was clear they ignored my contact and request. They have no evident customer service other than a form email and no phone contact reference to complain to. This company is a shell business drop shipping but not guaranteeing the shipment or assuring fulfillment. Anything you order from them is at risk of not arriving and as evident in my case, they will not refund your money. BUY ONLY FROM 1SALE IF YOU LIKE NOTHING IN RETURN FOR YOUR SPEND.

Ordered a pair is Converse Sunglasses in purple... Shipping was fast got item in 4 days.... Opened the package and they sent me brown (I hate brown)... Emailed them about the issue. They in response 5 days later asked for pictures.... sent the pics the same day. Got another email saying they could not give a refund because item was not damages. My email to them...correct they were not damaged but not the item I ordered... After several email they agreed to a refund, email said 3-5 days. It has now been 2 weeks and no refund.... Have sent several emails. Got return email the other day saying they were escalating my case.... still no refund!!!! Awful customer service!!! !

I ordered an item over a month and a half ago and received the shipping information. I checked the shipping information several times and kept saying will be updated when package arrives with UPS. After a month of this I contacted 1sale.com customer service via email and waited 3 days to receive a response with a canned response saying I need to wait 3-5 more business days. I waited another week and heard nothing. I send another email today requesting more information. I have had issues in the past where my Paypal account was charged and the order was not in my account. After about 2 weeks and several emails back and forth I finally received my money back. I will only use their Partner offers now since 1sale.com is not managing the shipping.

It has been one month since I ordered something from them and they charged my card. 2 weeks in I told them to ship the item or cancel the order. They said they canceled the order and my money would be refunded. 2 weeks later they have not refunded the money and have stopped responding to email. I have now begun the process of reversing the charges with the bank. Please save yourself the trouble and shop elsewhere, this ship is sinking fast. I have had no issues with a similar site nomorerack.com.

After a number of purchases some of which were okay, some not so much. Anyway I never really gave a thought on returning until I have received a pair of sunglasses that were delivered with issues. It is not straight. The front piece seems to be twisted. I tried fixing it myself but no luck. So I went to their website to file a complaint with Customer Service. Their first attempt was to blame the time it took to file the complaint. Then I explained that they were considering the order date and not the delivery date. No the next time around they said that item is PERFECT, WITHOUT ISSUES! This is just OUTRAGEOUS. I have never been this insulted. Member since OCTOBER 15, 2012. Well no MORE. I will be deleting my account and WILL try as much as possible to make people aware of their NEFARIOUS practices and absolutely NO RESPECT for their customers!

I purchased a back brace from 1Sale. After trying it on it was very small and caused a lot of pain under my arms. Please note that I am not a large person (5'4" and 120 lbs.) so I could not wear it. I emailed them 5 times and the latest email from them stated that since it was not defective I would not get a refund.

I have been lucky to have had very minimal issues with this seller with all the bad reviews. I have purchased several dozen items over the years. Mostly items from a few dollars to maybe $25. Besides the extremely slow shipping (which I've noticed lately has gotten much faster) I've been pretty lucky. I did have an issue with customer service recently that I was very disappointed about. I ordered a pack of tank tops variety colors in large. When they arrived they were all different sizes. The small and medium did not fit me. So I emailed and they asked me to send photos of the wrong items. So I took photos showing the small and medium tank tops and sent over to them. I never heard back. So I resent the photos a couple more times. Nothing. So then just to annoy them I sent the photos again 100 times from 4 different email addresses. Still nothing. You'd think they would want to keep one of their very few happy customers happy seeing that most people on here are not happy. I was very disappointed. I didn't even care that much as I gave the tank tops to my little sister. It's the fact that they wouldn't even respond!

Purchased an XBOX ONE, not a cheap price. It took 4 weeks to ship but they never told us there was any problem. Had to investigate on my own. When it finally go to me it was damaged. Now they want to charge me restocking fee. Never again.

Never had a problem with any items purchased from 1SaleADay. Guess you can't make all the people happy all of the time.

I ordered a refurbished Panasonic Toughbook from 1Sale, and paid via PayPal. I received my laptop 15 days after paying for it and proceeded to turn it on and set it up. When I needed to type in characters for a password using the Toughbook's keyboard, I found that the keys on the right side of the keyboard were entering the wrong characters. Okay. I need to contact 1Sale to let them know they sent me a defective product, and I that I will need a Return Authorization to send it back to 1Sale to get a refund. Sounds simple doesn't it? NOT! They do not have a Customer Service phone number so a customer may speak to a representative. They insist on having the customer email them. Okay, so I emailed them. I emailed them every day for 5 days straight and never once got a response.

At this point I am furious. I contact PayPal and open a dispute. I then escalate it to a claim the next day. Still no response from 1Sale. Finally on day 7, I get an email from PayPal stating they will reimburse me for the laptop, but I must send it back to 1Sale, with tracking provided to PayPal AT MY OWN EXPENSE. That will be at least 20.00, maybe more. After the PayPal email, I finally get an email from 1Sale. It says they can't do anything about my "issue" because a dispute has been filed. What? Oh no. What a load of manure. I will send them back the defective Toughbook, get my 259.99 refund, eat the 20 something dollar cost of shipping it back to 1Sale, and spend my free time letting others know what a horrible experience this has been. I will do this until I feel my anger subside. If 1Sale wants to make it right, they will refund me the entire cost of shipping their defective merchandise back. Until then look for me on any consumer review website which can be "Googled" - the BBB, and Yelp. Others should be made aware of the scam being perpetrated on unsuspecting customers.

No follow up from customer service on complaint with regard to defective merchandise. Had a shark cleaner and would not charge. Had unit for three months and thought I was unlucky. So ordered second unit. The clip holding dust bag to main unit completely absent. No quality control on products shipped. Contacted 1 sale customer support and no response. They do not care about customers.

I ordered a Travel Camera Coffee Mug on June 24. I received an email on June 25 indicated the items were shipped. I waited for 3 weeks before I contacted them because the product never arrived. I waited 3 days for them to reply. Nothing. I reported again. Nothing. I submitted missing product email to them again. Today is July 17. I am still waiting.

I used to order from this web site for the past few years, almost all for stuffs below 20-30 bucks. Yes, their product shipping and delivery is slower than the other web sites, but still I will receive the product at last. Consider it is free shipping, I do not have much complains about it.

This time, I ordered a several hundred dollars notebook computer from the site in June. It has been several weeks. I check their web site, still shown as "processing". For the first time, I tried to contact them but found no way! Seems I could only leave a email feedback and wait for them to reply. I read some reviews here and do feel a little bit worried. Since they promised will reply my email in 1-3 days and I did not heard anything from them, I called my credit card company and asked for a refund. I was lucky that I paid by Chase card instead of PayPal for this order.

My credit card company agreed to credit my money back and I send 1sale.com another email to cancel this order. Yes, I do receive one 1sale.com response email after I called my credit card company and said they need another 5 more days to ship blah, blah. But according to other reviewers here, I will still get nothing if I wait further. Now I just wish I get my money back and get this order canceled smoothly and successfully. Probably I won't consider ordering from that site again in the future. Or maybe still just for stuffs around 10-20 bucks. If I lost the money it is no big deal anyway. LOL.

I followed 1Sale's terms and conditions to a T. The $439 iMac came DOA. It began to freeze randomly right after it was setup. We could barely get past the first time setup!! There was a ton of cosmetic damage as well. I sent them 10 emails requesting a return for a DOA which it states in the terms and conditions is allowed within 21 days of receipt. I never got a single response. I'm out $439.99. I haven't gotten a response to any inquiry since June 12th. BEWARE!!! I don't even think they have customer service employees anymore!

Expert Review

Erin HuffstetlerDeal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.    More about Erin→

This popular site offers -- as its name implies -- one deal a day across seven categories. Deals go live at midnight EST, and are only available for 24 hours, or while supplies last.

What consumers say

Overall, the site gets a “B” from consumers who had posted reviews on ConsumerAffairs as of this writing. Complaints center mostly around shipping delays like the one cited by Jorelle of Waipahu, HI: “Site says shipping in 1-2 weeks. It’s now week 4.” Ira of Pleasanton, CA, advises: “SaleADay always ships product late. Many times items reach almost 3-4 weeks from the day you order. You never get an order shipped in a week.” Read more consumer reviews here.

• Free shipping: Everything on the site ships free.
  • Simple interface: The site is easy to navigate and all information is easy to find.
  • Quality products: All items are from well-known brands, and clearly described.
  • No refunds: All sales are final, but defective items can be exchanged.
  • No cancellations: Once you place an order, it cannot be canceled or changed.
  • Customer service: All customer service is handled via e-mail, and it typically takes 1-3 days for a response.
  • Membership required: The fashion and flash sales sections of the site are only available to registered members.
  • Best for Bargain shoppers