3.7/5 (481 ratings)

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

This was my first experience working with any kind of on-line photo products company EVER so I wasn't familiar with many of the steps. I had to call telephone support several times during the creation process to ask specific questions because I wasn't sure what to do next. Each tech support person couldn't have been more helpful, carefully walking me through step by step until I was through the point where I was stuck and moved on to the next step. They also made sure I knew about ALL of the specials and promo codes to take advantage of all the available discounts at the time.

Once my 66-page, 10x10 hardback book was completed, I submitted it for production and nervously waited its arrival. I was so afraid that I did something wrong or that the finished product wouldn't meet my expectations when it arrived. Well, it arrived today and it exceeded my expectations in every possible way! The packaging itself makes it appear to be something REALLY important. The quality of the book was amazing -- the photos look exactly as they had on screen and the pages of the book are thick and substantive. I bought this as a 60th birthday present for my best friend and ordered a second copy to keep. I can't stop looking at it, it's so beautiful. I don't think I've ever been prouder of anything that I've created myself. This book will be a one-of-a-kind present for my friend to treasure for years to come.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Originally ordered and supposed to be delivered the same week..The date kept changing but part of my order finally came today! It was so worth the wait!!! I am absolutely in love with the blanket and it’s so much better quality than I originally expected! And a lot bigger as well! Definitely worth the price and I know my mother is going to love it! This is her Christmas present! I’m hoping my next package that was supposed to arrive before this one is worth the wait too! I’m giving 5 stars despite the wait!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I've used Shutterfly to create a personalized wallet card holder, phone case, mouse pad and graduation invitations and they have all met my expectations. They all arrived on time and were high in quality. Plus, the give many discounts that are too good to pass up on the product and services. I highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Today my husband and I received our adoption profile book that we created through Shutterfly. The pictures and crisp words we wrote showed up incredibly. The only issue I had was a issue with corner. It was scratched by the USPS. I reached out to customer service right away for Shutterfly and they immediately put out a new order for us. This type of customer service shows their dedication to their customers satisfaction.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I ordered a picture collage for my husband's first Father's Day. I received notification that the order would be delayed. Then, it was “lost in the mail” and never arrived because Shutterfly put the wrong name and address on it. Name and address were correct on my account. So disappointed. Will never use this site again.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Ordered a custom card for my 85 yr old mom on Mother's Day. Made sure the delivery date was well early enough. It disappeared in shipping. Tracking number I was given is bogus. Not recognized by UPS or USPS. Shutterfly sent out another card free of charge assuring me I'd get it in time. Now it won't get here until days past Mother's Day. Sorry, sorry, sorry they keep saying. "Sorry" is highly over rated and does nothing to fix the issue.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Won several free items through Albertsons’ Monopoly Shop Play Win game literally like 40 items as I shop there almost daily and decided to redeem them. First and foremost, you can’t redeem duplicates despite you not having control over what tokens you receive (and also paying to even play this game). You have to have separate accounts practically for each item. Then they charge astronomically high shipping fees for EACH item. They will advertise a “sale” or “free” item as $8.99, but once you add it to the cart, they’ll claim that shipping is $10-15 Per item you add. Just by simply adding three of the free items I won all under $9.99, and claiming to be marked down from Approximately $17.99, they’ll make up for it in $40+ in shipping (no exaggeration.). The total shipping for these alleged free items reached $80 and I refuse to pay that lmao. Must be on heavy drugs if you do.

Do better Shutterfly. As a first time customer, I would never pay for that when I can make the same stuff on a cricut. Albertson should also partner with companies that are not price gouging like Shutterfly. If I am already paying $300 in groceries and receive these game pieces as an incentive, why on earth would I pay an additional $80+ for “free” items I supposedly won?

Original review: April 8, 2021

First, shipping and handling was nearly half the total cost of my order, those charges were ridiculously high. Second, after 30 minutes of designing photo books, commemorating the meeting of biological siblings who were not raised together, none of the text was printed in the books. Finally, nothing has arrived on time. The last pieces of this order are going on two days late now. After contacting Shutterfly over these issues (it was after hours so through email) no one has responded to me, it's been four days. The quality of the photos was great, the quality of the photos in the book were great, the canvas photos quality was okay, but still waiting on 3 canvases. I will not order from Shutterfly again. There is another reunion planned where my significant other will meet other family members and will use a different organization for prints.

Original review: April 5, 2021

This is the 3rd time I have experienced shipping failures and delivery failures. If your pictures are important to you DO NOT USING THEIR SHIPPING!!! YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED. You are much better off having the photos printed out at your local drugstore or download them and print them out yourself!

Original review: March 18, 2021

I placed an order of 4 items. I received 3 within 10 days. The last item I was waiting for was a gift so I tried to get a hold of the company to see where it was because it was a month now and I no longer needed this item. You can only contact them through messages which was a nightmare. They told me it was canceled and I would received my money back. I went out and purchased another gift. Weeks later I just received the item which I don't want and have to pay for!!!! Never dealing with this company again!!!!

Shutterfly author review by Jonathan Trout

Shutterfly is an internet-based photo printing company based in Redwood City, California. It helps customers preserve memories through unique gifts and prints using their personal photographs. Shop for and customize creations like photo books, cards and stationery, prints, calendars, gifts, decor and more. Shutterfly also lets you create private group sharing sites for your photographs.

• Print savings plans: Shutterfly’s annual print plan is $29.99 per year and gives you a savings of 30 percent on unlimited prints for the entire year. Prepaid portrait plans let you collect print credits, which you can redeem for professional quality prints, saving you up to 40 percent. Prepaid 4x6 plans let you buy 4x6 prints for nine cents each. All plan details and pricing are available online.

• Personalized gifts: Personalize gifts using your photos, along with monogrammed text. Popular items include travel mugs, jewelry, glass prints and fleece blankets. Choose from Shutterfly’s newest gift ideas like bookmarks, custom smartphone cases, personalized frames and more. A full list of gifts with pricing for each item is available online.

• Home decor prints: Shutterfly lets you personalize home decor items using your photos on things like canvas prints, pillows, personalized frames and Christmas stockings. Create wall art with photo-spread canvas and metal print wall art, and print your photos on wood panelling for a unique look. All home decor options and pricing are listed online.

• Share sites: Create a private (or public) website containing your personal photos to share with selected friends and family. Customize your website with designs and layouts, share messages and add videos or calendars. Share sites are accessible on any mobile device to view and manage your site on the go.

• Special offers: Shutterfly’s website is full of promotions and daily deals like free shipping, percentages off of various items and new customer offers. Each promotion comes with a promo code you can input upon checkout.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team