Shutterfly

Compare Online Photo Printing Companies

Research top Online Photo Printing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love Shutterfly because they just are so easy to use. Often times I find or reserve reward codes so that I get many photos and gift items for free or fairly cheap which makes me love them all the more! I find that Shutterfly is very easy to access my photos and download them off different sites. Never have a problem with it taking too long and can always find the type of photo gifts I'm looking for and they always come out great! Shutterfly is a great company and there is not a thing that I would change or reason I wouldn't use them!

I find it is easy to use and they have lots of products that you can adapt pictures to, such as mugs, bags, mousepads and calendars or you can make Christmas and birthday cards personalized with your photos. It is also easy to create an account, upload photos and select options for printing but sometimes hard to get the pictures in the right place and have to do over. And then sometimes it is hard to figure out how to use the codes and it doesn't flow as well as it should but overall it works okay.

Creating an account is very basic and easy to do with the option to link your social media accounts. There are many options for print sizes and borders, frames or special effects. The web interface is easy to use and I can manipulate photos without going through too many paces. I don't like having to edit features too much because it takes long. Shutterfly is easy to use and it's easy to pay. Their prices are reasonable and I like how many options there are to change pictures if you want.

Shutterfly has a very easy setup that works. It has all the features that you need to fix any photos and to save, set up and send to whoever. I would recommend to all customers to use Shutterfly to print and fix your photos up. It's a company that puts a lot of effort to fix your nice pics. A company that you trust with private moments. It has all the crops and cuts you need.

It was extremely easy to set up an account. Uploading photos was easy as well. It was difficult to select options for printing photos as there are so many options to choose from, but I like the variety. I also like the price as they are reasonable. Their shipping was reasonable and the items shipped quickly. I enjoy all their features but I wish that shipping was free. But, the low prices compensate for the cost of shipping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

I like the easy way that is to use and the vibrant colors it provides when printing everything I order. The speed of the service is good too. It is super easy and convenient because you can do it at the comfort of your home. It is real good to have this experience. I really like Shutterfly.

Everyone should use Shutterfly. It's nice to be able to send cards for holidays and I was able to upload own photos and pick a design. It makes you feel like you're using your own company and it's personalized to your touch. But I don't the cost of shipping if couple not available but it's a great service to have and use.

Creating a Shutterfly account is super easy and they offer so many freebies and discounts. Uploading photos is easy, except that I can't upload my screenshots. After that, ordering and printing is easy and there is fast delivery. Their products are fun and affordable. It's also cool that they have so many different types of products rather than just your average printed photos. But, I have accidentally gotten charged on my credit card that is on file multiple occasions despite the fact that I only pay for Shutterfly using gift cards.

I love it because it is super easy & fast. Makes it a lot easier than having to go sit in the middle of a store & do it. You can do it in the privacy of your own home in your pajamas if you wish too. They offer many different products to choose from as well. I have recommended the services to people I know before and I would recommend to anyone who asks me about these services.

They are a photo printing company that prints your photos and ships them to you. You can get items with images on them like books, coffee mugs, canvases, and many more. You sign up for an account which is basically the same as any other website. Then you upload your photos from your phone or computer that you want to print. You click a few personalization buttons, and submit your order to be processed. They will send you your prints when finished. However, I dislike having to wait for them to ship your photos to you. I am a little impatient and if it wasn't cheap and convenient, I would rather go to a 1 hour photo place.

It was easy to create an account, uploading was seamless, there were many sizes/items to choose from. I liked the design of the site and how easy it was. I like the quality, past experience and integration with other devices. I like that Shutterfly give you a lot of option to utilize for your photos. They are a leader as well and the service was good.

They had this coupon promotional offers so I took a chance. It was printed quickly and the photos came out quite nice. I was able to give them to family members as gifts. I was not a big fan of the shipping costs. I think other sites are better with shipping and handling prices. I would also like better product selection on what I can put the baby’s photo on. It was kind of easy to use the coupon and was accepted without issue. I got some mugs and the photo image was nicely done with no smears or blurring.

Easy to create account. Chose which photos to upload and selected options for printing. Very easy to figure out how to work for a first timer. Many options for printing. They could possibly make the process faster if they got rid of some of the options. Otherwise this is the simplest online photo printing service I have ever used. However, the variety of options is also part of what makes the service so wonderful. Photos have always been good quality and I received my photos by mail fairly quickly. Always within the allotted time frame given to me by the website. These are all the qualities I could possibly ask for in a quality online photo printing service. I always recommend this service to my friends.

I started my account through My Coke Rewards because they offered at $20 coupon for free. The set-up was very easy and the items I ordered came in a few day. Shutterfly makes all things possible. I remember when I was a kid. To get a copy of an old photo was a nightmare. Now scan the photo upload it on Shutterfly and make whatever your hearts desires. Their prices are too high though. Even with a coupon from My Coke Rewards, I still cannot afford to have very much done. You would think with the prices they get, they could afford to offer free shipping.

My entire family uses Shutterfly because it is so easy to use and self-explanatory. It was easy to set up an account and upload photos. Shutterfly stores my photos on my account so I do not have to upload every time I use their service. I like the number of discounts and free offers I am sent every month. I also like the product quality and the fast shipping. Shipping and Handling prices are cheaper than driving over 2 hours to the nearest Walmart or Walgreens. I would like to see more printable items in the future like t-shirts in bulk for a family reunion. Other than that, I have had extremely good service from Shutterfly.

I used this site to create a calendar using photos collected throughout the year. It was quite easy and fun to do the layouts and I was happy with the final result. I found the whole process quite straightforward and quite enjoyable. The hard part was really on my end to pick the photos I wanted, but once having gone through that, doing the layouts and previewing the finished product and making the order was all quite simple. But it would have been nice to get the product sooner, or for it to cost less, but I actually do think it was very reasonable.

I like that the pictures are clear, good focus, colors are vivid and natural looking, and hopefully long lasting and won't fade in time. The service and customer support while going through the learning process was excellent as well. I like that the pictures were reasonably priced, and preferably with warranties. I would also hope that customer support is available in case there are issues that would need to be addressed and resolved. The instructions are overall, easy to follow and understand. In general, I like that technology has made significant advancement in the preservation of photographs that would last longer, even in one's lifetime in and easily stored and accessible; no need for old and bulky albums or countless boxes to preserve and store memories through pictures.

I'm only hoping that as is the case in new and emerging technologies, that this would improve through time. With new enhancements as well as correcting previous shortcomings and mistakes inherent in new and developing technologies. By and large I was happy and content with what Shutterfly has to offer and would continue using it until something better, and a far more advanced package comes along in the future. Creating an account was easy; Deciding on what options to select was the most difficult and cumbersome. Uploading was relatively easy and fun once one gets the hang of it by following all procedures, suggestions and techniques, which fortunately were all formatted in clear, logical and simple terms. All in all, it was easy and even rewardingly fun once completed.

Shutterfly is user friendly and provides a variety of printable options ie: cards, calendars, photos, personalized gifts, home decor which allows the user to be as creative or simple as possible. They offer a variety of personalized services for Holiday gifts for people of all ages. They are innovative, constantly updating and offer promotions that are inviting. I like the option to print personalized annual calendars for holiday gifts. The cards and stationery are also one of my favorites for creating holiday cards with family photos. I have also used the pillow creation option where I had a photo placed on the pillow, also a gift. The promotions or discounts offered are an incentive for me to return. It is very easy to use, however, in the past I have used VistaPrint for many years and I am familiar with the operation of creating an account, uploading photos and such. Now to a "NEW" user, I could see them feeling overwhelmed by having so many options.

I like when the site offers 101 free photos and try to take advantage of that. Shutterfly albums are very good for sharing photos with a group of people. However, the file uploader is cumbersome in Linux because it makes you select files one at a time. It can take a long time to select 101 photos from the computer. But uploading single photos and ordering them are pretty easy. It will then ask for payment options after an order.

Signing up was fast and it was easy uploading images. We just used an email account and created a password. The only time I needed to input "sensitive" information was at checkout and it was secure so there were no worries. There was a very small fee and we were able to get just the right size and quantity. We were printing postcard size pictures to be used for invitations and we created an image with photos and found images it worked great. Everything was very easy to manage. I was able to drag and drop images where I wanted them. There wasn't a limit on the number of prints. At least it wasn't an unreasonable number.

Shutterfly is easy to use and is fairly inexpensive. The account was easy to set up and I found myself online with their company in a matter of minutes. I found no difficulty in uploading my first order to them as well. It was within a matter of minutes. I like the ease of uploading my photos via smart phone or my laptop or tablet to their database and then getting the results back that I want quickly. It is a very simple process and I prefer their service over others that I have tried in the past. Shutterfly does not have too many drawbacks but it takes several days if you want your photos printed and sent by mail. Their up charges for special handling and special shipping services are also too expensive for me to use. They could speed the process up if I were to Use that service although it does not fit my budget. Other than that, they are the most simple online photo producing company that I have dealt with in My experiences.

It has a easy to use system to upload pictures and the print options and prices are good. Also the add on options are good. You can get a lot of picture for a little bit of money. It makes the option of scrapbooking easy. The ability have more print options, posters, comforters, covers, pillows. To make short motion picture videos work be nice and the option to immediately share on social media. It was very easy to use the website as a whole from account to picking photo options are easy. Creating a account takes minutes with just a few short questions. Then all your picture pop on your screen clearly with all options clear as well.

I had to create an account, then I uploaded my pictures to different albums and then I made gifts such as mugs and card and photo books and had them mailed out. I like that you can customize your gifts and make them more personal than just buying something generic from a store. I enjoy being able to make photo books that are personal. The services are easy to use and ship their items out just as quick.

I've used Shutterfly several times and it have never given me any issue. Very easy, I didn't have any issues with using or understanding any of the services on the website. I really like the ease of adding photos to print. It's very simple. The process of uploading is great and getting your photos from your device to print is so fun. If there was a loyalty discount, or more coupon codes being available would help me to use the service more often. If price might be a little lower, that would be nice.

Everything is very seamless. I love it. Quality, paper, print is very high quality. Service is good. Very friendly staff... Maybe they can come up with more price models for various customer profiles. It makes more people to visit them... From a pure business perspective. Love to revisit again whenever I get a chance.

Whether it be for photo books, unique gifts, birth announcements, Christmas cards, prints or gifts, I have been using Shutterfly for years. I like using them because they are convenient and the prices are reasonable. With this photo service, making an account, uploading photos and ordering are easy. They are user-friendly and arrive quickly. Using Shutterfly has always met my expectations, it’s been pleasant and I am pleased with the service.

They are a quick and easy photo services that lets you edit so seamlessly. Very easy to use and worth the price. You can change the colors. The vintage and black and white features are great to use. I wouldn’t recommend any other photo printing service. It was very easy to create an account online with this service. Shutterfly is one of the best photo print service in the industry. Easy to upload pics and easy to print out. I like the features and different options you can use. Best photo site on the web. I like the black and white feature. I wish though you could cut and paste other pictures into a picture. That would be great. The monthly subscribe is an OK price too.

They have an easy upload process of selecting your photos and it uploads into albums. Also drag and drop feature makes it easy to help you decide what you are looking for. When putting an item together all you have to do is drag and drop a photo and you can see the item, what it would look like. Pictures always seem to come in high quality and they always have great promotions running. They also have tons of items to choose from. The only thing I dislike is having to wait to get my item but unfortunately that would be any website you order from. Service otherwise is great. Have never had any issues with products ordered and they come as I ordered.

Shutterfly offers discount and has multiple format for different occasions. It depends on what do you need it for. I also find it very useful about printing services. It is fairly easy to work with this company. The website looks good and is easy to navigate and understand so it is not hard to find what I am looking for. I wish there is free shipping with no minimum ordering charge. I find that it is easy for me to deal with company that offers that. I'm very satisfied with Shutterfly.

It was easy to create an account and download my photos. Very easy to do and to help someone get what they wanted too. They occasionally provide promotions for free prints, etc. They offered competitive pricing with others. I also like to put all my photos in one place and then only selected the ones I wanted to print. I like the convenience of Shutterfly but it could get expensive for all the things we like to get from there. I don't like that I have to wait for my photos to ship to me too.

Expert Review

Jonathan TroutConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Jonathan Trout believes having access to free, comprehensive information on products and businesses is vital to making smart purchasing decisions. He focuses his efforts on researching and reviewing multiple brands across a variety of industries, with the goal of writing unbiased buyers guides to help inform consumers on impending purchases.    More about Jonathan→

Shutterfly is an internet-based photo printing company based in Redwood City, California. It helps customers preserve memories through unique gifts and prints using their personal photographs. Shop for and customize creations like photo books, cards and stationery, prints, calendars, gifts, decor and more. Shutterfly also lets you create private group sharing sites for your photographs.

• Print savings plans: Shutterfly’s annual print plan is $29.99 per year and gives you a savings of 30 percent on unlimited prints for the entire year. Prepaid portrait plans let you collect print credits, which you can redeem for professional quality prints, saving you up to 40 percent. Prepaid 4x6 plans let you buy 4x6 prints for nine cents each. All plan details and pricing are available online.
  • Personalized gifts: Personalize gifts using your photos, along with monogrammed text. Popular items include travel mugs, jewelry, glass prints and fleece blankets. Choose from Shutterfly’s newest gift ideas like bookmarks, custom smartphone cases, personalized frames and more. A full list of gifts with pricing for each item is available online.
  • Home decor prints: Shutterfly lets you personalize home decor items using your photos on things like canvas prints, pillows, personalized frames and Christmas stockings. Create wall art with photo-spread canvas and metal print wall art, and print your photos on wood panelling for a unique look. All home decor options and pricing are listed online.
  • Share sites: Create a private (or public) website containing your personal photos to share with selected friends and family. Customize your website with designs and layouts, share messages and add videos or calendars. Share sites are accessible on any mobile device to view and manage your site on the go.
  • Special offers: Shutterfly’s website is full of promotions and daily deals like free shipping, percentages off of various items and new customer offers. Each promotion comes with a promo code you can input upon checkout.
  • Best for consumers who want creative ways to print and share their photographs.

Compare Online Photo Printing