3.43/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Shutterfly

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

156 Shutterfly Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I ordered a 20x30 print from Shutterfly, unfortunately the package ended up lost in transit on the way to my house. Not only was their customer service fast and responsive (used their live chat), they also expedited my shipping on the replacement photo so it arrived much quicker. The quality of my print was also great as well. 5 stars.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was unhappy with the picture frame that I received due to the fact that I couldn't read the font on the frame. The picture quality came out fantastic, so I was incredibly bummed about the poem not showing up. I chatted with a representative and they not only sent me the refund in money, so I could order another frame, but they also credited me back the cost of shipping. Now that is customer service. I will definitely be doing business with them again!

Get expert buying tips about Online Photo Printing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Every time my husband and I return from vacation, I put together a Shutterfly album. When my husband and I remarried, I put together a Shutterfly wedding album. Whenever my grandkids visit for a week I put together a little book for them. When my best friend got married I did a wedding album as their wedding gift. A dear friend has recently lost her son to a horrible disease. I am going to do a remembrance album for her once she is ready to go through photos. I recently bought a cute Shutterfly storybook for my grandkids regarding their dog -- simply put their names on a form and Shutterfly put the little storybook together. The albums are easy to put together, the quality of the books is top notch, and I happily give Shutterfly books 5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

For a long time I’ve been asking my wife to make some photo books of our vacations. Got my first one for Christmas and it was awesome. Great memories. Really nice quality. Wife said the interface to get layouts was really easy. Now I’m hoping for more!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I attempted to create a photo book with my Mac equipment, both on desktop, iPad and iPhone. After hours of laboring through the “wonky” amateurish program that did not work well at all with any of my devices, I managed to put together a photo book for my father’s memorial service. This book was intended as a gift for my mom. I reviewed very carefully the book, and upon going to check out, I selected an expedited shipping because the word “guaranteed” by a specific date appeared on the screen. After submitting my credit card and finalizing the order, “guaranteed” was then changed to “estimated” next to the delivery date. It went downhill from there.

Several days later I called the staff to ensure that the book would be delivered in time for the memorial service, and to express concern over how the photo book project now appeared on the screen when I went back to look at it. The layout and backgrounds were now changed. It looked like it was done randomly by a computer. They were a mess. Text I had written was gone from the project. A photo of my father was recropped in a way that made no sense. It was alarming. I was assured that I would get the book in time and that it would be the version of the book I created.

Long story short, the book never arrived. I had to go to the service with nothing. I called the staff again and received a vague explanation that the book was still in production, that they were working extra hard to make it look good. No details or advice was given as to when I might ever receive this book. I paid extra money to get the project done in time. I called the staff to check on it and was assured everything was ok. Had they sent me any kind of warning or notice that It would be delayed I could have made other arrangements for photos to be copied for dad’s memorial service. PLEASE DO NOT USE SHUTTERFLY FOR ANY IMPORTANT EVENTS IN YOUR LIFE . You will end up, sad and frustrated and empty handed as I have. A weak sounding “sorry” from Shutterfly’s staff will not make you feel any better. And I still have no book.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

From start to finish, midway in loading photos after 2 hours and Oops occurred and lost most of my work from choosing and loading photos from Google photo access. Discouraged and STOP DEAD IN MY TRACKS WITH SHUTTERFLY...

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

After I spent hours and hours creating a photobook as a birthday present, I was shocked to see (after the book had been ordered) that a word at the end was omitted! It was certainly there when I finished the project. Now instead of saying "It's always better with Ice Cream" it says, "It's always better with Ice"! The $70+ I spent is now a completely ruined. I will NEVER use Shutterfly again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

My envelopes were horribly printed, many look as though they were double printed and the rest had bleed and could barely be read. A few of the cards had black ink dots on them. I requested a refund send. It was a nightmare of a process. First, I was told I would be refunded the full amount for the envelopes and just for the few cards that were ruined. Okay, understandable. However, the representative got the snout wing TWICE and I had to correct them both times, both for price with and without taxes. Then when I mentioned the tax I was told that Shutterfly is "unable" to refund taxes. Seriously? And I am STILL waiting for my piddly, doesn't include taxes, refund. Never again.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I was tricked into doing business with them once and only once by winning "free" items in the Monopoly Safeway game. Then they had more "free" promos on their website. It's all a complete lie, you pay as much in shipping as you do for the "free" item so you might as well pay for it and get the "free" shipping for spending over $49 anyway. I thought I could workaround and actually buy an additional $49 worth of items which I never intended originally to purchase but sure enough they exclude the "free" items even on this promotional.

I thought well that's fine, like a door prize, but not even. They are actually making you pay their full Chinese sweatshop price through "shipping" charges on every single "free" item every single time. Never never ever go to Shutterfly. In general I try to stick with Vistaprint for invites and cards since they actually seem to do a more honest sales job, but Monopoly Safeway duped me. I feel so mad I'm probably even going to boycott Safeway over this too.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have used another printing service for years with fine results but I wanted a large print in a panoramic format that my usual service didn't offer so I tried Shutterfly. Simply put, the print was awful, badly exposed, out of focus and off on the color. The original jpeg, which I rechecked, is fine. The lousy print job was the fault of the service. I filed a complaint with SF but have no expectation the issue will be addressed and I will not use them again.

Shutterfly expert review by Jonathan Trout

Shutterfly is an internet-based photo printing company based in Redwood City, California. It helps customers preserve memories through unique gifts and prints using their personal photographs. Shop for and customize creations like photo books, cards and stationery, prints, calendars, gifts, decor and more. Shutterfly also lets you create private group sharing sites for your photographs.

• Print savings plans: Shutterfly’s annual print plan is $29.99 per year and gives you a savings of 30 percent on unlimited prints for the entire year. Prepaid portrait plans let you collect print credits, which you can redeem for professional quality prints, saving you up to 40 percent. Prepaid 4x6 plans let you buy 4x6 prints for nine cents each. All plan details and pricing are available online.

• Personalized gifts: Personalize gifts using your photos, along with monogrammed text. Popular items include travel mugs, jewelry, glass prints and fleece blankets. Choose from Shutterfly’s newest gift ideas like bookmarks, custom smartphone cases, personalized frames and more. A full list of gifts with pricing for each item is available online.

• Home decor prints: Shutterfly lets you personalize home decor items using your photos on things like canvas prints, pillows, personalized frames and Christmas stockings. Create wall art with photo-spread canvas and metal print wall art, and print your photos on wood panelling for a unique look. All home decor options and pricing are listed online.

• Share sites: Create a private (or public) website containing your personal photos to share with selected friends and family. Customize your website with designs and layouts, share messages and add videos or calendars. Share sites are accessible on any mobile device to view and manage your site on the go.

• Special offers: Shutterfly’s website is full of promotions and daily deals like free shipping, percentages off of various items and new customer offers. Each promotion comes with a promo code you can input upon checkout.

• Best for: consumers who want creative ways to print and share their photographs.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout