3.7/5 (588 ratings)

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: March 18, 2021

I placed an order of 4 items. I received 3 within 10 days. The last item I was waiting for was a gift so I tried to get a hold of the company to see where it was because it was a month now and I no longer needed this item. You can only contact them through messages which was a nightmare. They told me it was canceled and I would received my money back. I went out and purchased another gift. Weeks later I just received the item which I don't want and have to pay for!!!! Never dealing with this company again!!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I have used Shutterfly for years. I think they have a very good editing platform to create photobooks. But their prices have been creeping up making some of the books I order $175. My latest order was going to cost $210 so I went to the online chat to ask why. I discovered that their advertised 50% off was only on the first 20 pages of a photobook, the rest was only discounted at 30%. The online agent then offered me 50% flat rate on all of my orders for the next month. I was delighted until I realized they never put the discount on my account. When I contacted them, they refused to honor the offer even though they could bring up the online chat and see that it was offered to me. Very poor customer service!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I uploaded 5 very short videos to shutterfly.com in 2011. I have accessed these videos for my own viewing pleasure for the past 10 years. In 2020, all of a sudden, the videos can not be found anywhere on my account. I have communicated with Shutterfly via their chat to no avail. The latest response (Nov 24, 2020) from shutterfly said "There has been no workaround that has been provided for your issue yet,.. I will continue to keep you updated. Please bare with us while we try to locate your videos." I am heartbroken as these 5 videos happen to be the ONLY videos I have of my daughter's first year of life. Has anyone else had similar misfortune when working with shutterfly? To be honest, I have had many positive experiences dealing with my pictures on shutterfly. Though, I really want to be able to access the 5 videos.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I recently placed an order and fell for the “unlimited free prints” offer. It took me several hours of looking through my camera roll to choose 250 of the shots I wanted to print. I made sure I had $75 worth of ornaments to apply the “free shipping above $75 offer”, and was dismayed when I got to check out and found shipping on “free” items were not included in this promo, so my shipping cost totaled $46!!! I believe that would be much more than I would’ve actually paid for the prints (appx. $22.50 of they were $.09 apiece)!

I tried looking for their prepaid print plan to get around this problem, so I could pay for the prints and get free shipping. However, I could not find any of the prepaid print plans, although I know I’ve seen them as recently as early December 2020. Since there was no option to place the prints order in a “save for later” category, I was pretty sure all my hours of choosing would be wasted, so I decided to proceed with the order. Once customer service chat opened the next morning, I spent 45 minutes in a very unsatisfactory conversation. "No, you cannot separate part of the order. No, you cannot cancel the entire order but save the chosen prints in any way. No, you can’t add a prepaid print plan to this order." In the end, what she did offer was a $10 credit to my account. Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I've used Shutterfly for several years and have been happy with their products until recently. My prints have been sent faded, but now they are adding a Covid Fee?! Really? I'm deleting my account. I'll get prints and mugs from a company that doesn't try and gouge an already struggling country.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I ordered my save the dates for my wedding through Shutterfly in the beginning of December, it’s Jan 2nd and I haven’t received them yet. They have been stuck in Stockton since December 15th.... I tried contacting them multiple times and with 2+ hour hold times on their phone line and their chats just being a bot with no email support.... I am really disappointed. They gave me a “refund” (a gift card for their services) but I don’t trust ordering anything else from them.... As a test I did also order (using said gift card) a couple of photo tiles for my and my fiancé’s families and they haven’t arrived yet either.... Hopefully they eventually arrive but it’s so after Christmas now that they will be confused if they do ever arrive....

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Ordered Shutterfly Christmas Cards on December 2nd. They assured me they would arrive on the 11th. Arrived today, January 2nd. A whole month later! Too late to send out. $38.49 down the drain. Will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Ordered a photo gift online on Dec. 6. Delivery window given was Dec. 11-15. It is Dec. 28 - merchandise never arrived. Tracking information suggests USPS never received it. No reasonable way to contact customer service - their chat line never answers, and their phone line is only 3.5 hours per day, so is jammed. I did get through to chat once on Dec. 26 - rep told me she was giving me a gift certificate, which never was put into my account. She also sent me a canned message saying the item was on the way, in time for Christmas - what? This is unacceptable - I was a long time customer - no more. Not ever.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Shutterfly (Allegedly) has a 100% satisfaction policy-- don't fall for it -- I ordered prints and they failed to arrive - Lost after 2 hrs on phone with customer service -- then supervisor - they "could not issue refund".. Sorry.. I had to wait 21 days.. and their robot kept saying it was supposed to be delivered.. Yes of course it is SUPPOSED to.. but it ISN'T and THAT'S why I want a refund OR REDO MY ORDER... NO they won't...

The PHOTO QUALITY IS MEDIOCRE but when the service is NONEXISTENT and the HUMANS RUDE AND UNCOOPERATIVE = ZERO or MINUS STARS.. DO NOT FALL FOR THESE FOLKS.. HIT AND MISS AT BEST - try ANYWHERE ELSE.. Walgreen, Local Shop, CGTrader, Mixbook, Vistaprint, RedBubble and Paperless Post... ANYBODY ELSE -- I have tried all but SHUTTERFLY IS THE WORST when it comes to HONORING THEIR GUARANTEES-- NONEXISTENT SERVICE... GRADE F

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Just order from Walmart: My order was placed in November, shipped on December 1. STILL NO PACKAGE and it's December 23. I have been watching it bounce between a location 20 minutes from my house and a neighboring STATE! What!? If they'd just told me where to pick it up, I'd have had it 3 weeks ago. I am LIVID! Never again.

Shutterfly Company Information