3.41/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Shutterfly

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

156 Shutterfly Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2019

I ordered birthday invitations for my stepdaughter's birthday party. The first set of invites that I ordered came and there was a huge shadow at the bottom that had not been shown in the preview image and so you couldn’t see the black lettering with all the party information. So I ordered another set of invitations. This time I put all the information on the back so that it was easy to read. Well my new invites come and now the picture on the front is completely blurry. They look terrible and I’m very disappointed that I wasn’t alerted when I was making the invitations that my picture would not be the best quality. It has told me that before but it did not this time and now I’ve wasted $60 on birthday invitations. So I guess I’m sending out either one that the guests will have a hard time reading or one that has a extremely blurry picture on the front of it. I will not be using Shutterfly anymore and I will be telling my friends and family not to either.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I will never use the company again and neither should you. I ordered a photo book, paid extra to get guaranteed shipment by a certain date and they missed the date. I had gone back and forth with emails days before since the order status kept saying “being created” and all they would say is “sorry, there’s a delay.” The couldn’t tell me why or how long it would take. Customer service is awful. The rep actually got attitude with me. At first all they offered me was $10 credit. I eventually got them to credit me the entire price of the book which I still don’t have and which will miss the party for which it was created.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I received my first order of prints today and to say they were horrible would be an understatement. Photos are blurry, distorted, and cut off with a thick gray bar. When I addressed the issue they blamed the resolution. Which is not the case. These were professional high resolution photos. I was only offered a $10 credit to purchase more prints. I wish there was an option to upload the photos here.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I had ordered a book for my portfolio (college student) and it was sent to me wrong 2 times and then the last time the color was running out of the printer so there were red lines across the entire book. The 2 times they were missing pictures and some were duplicated. I had to pay shipping on the 2 new books that they messed up, $9 each. I believe paying shipping on their wrongdoing is ridiculous. The only time I didn't pay shipping was when the coloring was messed up. My book was also damaged on all 3 that were messed up. Even though in the end they corrected it (after me paying $19 in shipping), it took 2 1/2 months for a correct one to arrive which I was very dissatisfied with.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I received an e-mail offering me "99 free magnets." I spent over two hours carefully formatting each one through the Shutterfly app. When I went to check out, the shipping cost was $108.54. (I used to work in customer service; it costs about $10 to ship a box of magnets.) I find this incredibly manipulative and deceitful. I have been a good Shutterfly customer over the years, and I have enjoyed many of their products. But this is absolutely obscene. I fully understand that companies need to profit (even from free or promotional offers), but charging over $100 to ship a so-called "free gift" is incredibly manipulative and wrong.

I am not so much worried about not receiving the "free magnets" as I am about the two hours I spent formatting them: two hours of my life wasted that I will never get back. I was not seeking out magnets. I do not have a need for magnets. I chose to take them up on this offer because it was a promotional offer. I called customer service to issue a formal complaint. They said there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Okay, no problem. But I am now officially done with this company (a company I once ordered from with some frequency) and I plan to tell everyone I know about their dishonest and manipulative promotional practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: May 19, 2019

For those who may have recently fallen off the turnip truck, this one’s for you: What a joke! Try this on for size-25 free magnets; identical photo and background on all 25. Guess how much S&H. $46 + tax: >$50. Now that’s some kind of free. Wonder how much S&H would be on the 99 free magnets??

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have had issues in the past with ridiculous shipping costs from Shutterfly, but now I find they now charge for all but 4 book themes... They used to be free with a few paid. Now it's just the reverse. Stay away from Shutterfly, regardless of the "deal" they offer!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I was led to believe that Shutterfly would be a great place to get customized, quality graduation announcements, along with fair pricing. I was excited to see the product, but when it arrived I realized their quality was awful, and wasnt as nice as I had originally hoped. I don't normally buy products online, usually because of this kind of thing. I wouldn't recommend this website for anything you want, especially if you're looking for quality prints. I wouldn't normally complain about something so miniscule, but I was very disappointed.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have loads of Shutterfly stories of the messed up items, bad shipping problems, damaged products, ridiculous quality control, exorbitant shipping rates, and fake freebies. But I won’t bore you with details, just know that there are many. And for 10-11 years I put up with all of it because it was still worth it in that up until like 1.5-2 years ago. The customer service reps were very kind and generous about replacing things, fixing things, giving coupons or discounts for your inconveniences. But then 1.5-2 years ago I started noticing changes and customer service reps were becoming more difficult to deal with and were very much less helpful in resolving issues. Mind you I didn’t have issues that were my own fault because that’s on me... but I had constantly occurring issues with the products... poor printing, crooked printing, so on and so forth.

And it got harder and harder for them to simply reprint or replace products, and forget about the coupons or future discounts for your hassle. At one point I spoke with a manager and she said they had changed one of the big wigs... the CEO or some other high ranking person at Shutterfly, and he was the person making all these changes. Shutterfly now spends most of its time giving away free garbage on tv shows so they look good but meanwhile they’re raking customers over the coals. They want the world to think they’re wonderful on tv but they don’t care much about the customers anymore. Even ones like me who had been loyal for over a decade and had spent plenty of money with them. So that’s the short of it.

Your shipping rates will always be disgustingly high and unreasonable. They will allow you now to combine WAY LESS coupons than ever in the past. Their quality control on every type of item is horrendous so PLEASE triple check your items when they come in. Customer service is so much more difficult now. But the best part is that there are far more companies offering photo products these days that now offer much better options than Shutterfly because you don’t have to babysit them or always feel cheated thanks to the blatant way Shutterfly rips you off. When I started ordering from Shutterfly all those years ago there were very few options and that’s why I started. But now we have far more opportunities.

I still stay signed up for all the emails from companies that give freebies out here and there and I just put the coupon codes on FB for anyone to use if they want to. It’s just very rarely worth it for me anymore. I haven’t ordered anything in over a year, and unless they start shifting back to treating customers better, I won’t be going back.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Got a 25 dollar promo code from Best Buy from buying a SSD which came with a Shutterfly 25 code to spend on their website, I get sent the code, which keep in mind doesn't really say what doesn't apply to or what makes it inapplicable. So I go and I see the whole website is on sale, I purchase two art prints, one 5x7 which is on sale for 7.99, regular price (14) and a 8x8 art print which was also on sale for 12.99, regular price (25) and two regular 4x4 prints which are 20 cents each. I go to check out, total came up to 25.60 with shipping price included. I apply the code which then says not applicable for sales product, which really makes no sense since the whole website is on sale, which literally makes the 25 dollar promo code impossible to apply! Regardless I went with the checkout and said I'll use it next time, so I purchased it. Went to check out the code in my account which disappeared.

I called Customer service. The guy was helpful to begin with. I explained exactly what had happened. He seemed like he was going to explain and tell me what had happened, he started talking about the way business works and how the company makes money, which sort of was irrelevant to my issue. Then he said the reason your promo code disappeared is because I used it when I checked out, which like I said I wasn't able to use to begin with because the items were on sale anyways. He stated the full price of both art prints I bought and said it discounted the price on them, which again does not make sense because they were on sale already to begin with. Which makes the website/company itself very misleading. There was no point to the promo code to begin with which made it this whole process very contradicting. Either way you lost a customer and his word for this lying company.

Shutterfly Company Information