Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Shutterfly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: April 28, 2020

I submitted 5 photographs ducks swimming in a pond. Their reflections were outstanding. I paid for Shutterfly to make 200 copies so I can use for cards at Christmas. Three of the five photos were badly reproduced, cut down at the bottom and ruining the reflections of the ducks in the pond. The photos are now unusable. I had to throw them out. I will never use Shutterfly again.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This is honestly one of the worst customer experiences I've experienced in SUCH a long time. Never before in my life have I had such an experience that has literally made me NEVER want to spend money at your business again and it would make me tell ANYONE who was interested in photo business NOT to shop with your business. And from reading other reviews online I'm sure that people who do their research before buying are being turned away by your terrible customer service. The end of my order says "100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEED".

1) If you can't make a quality product then don't display quality products.

2) Don't guarantee customer service if you can't provide customer service.

Don't display a clear product and then send a product with an unrecognizable image: you can't even see the people's facial features. And when a customer reaches out for your "100% happiness guarantee" don't be a condescending ** and tell them "pick a different image or you'll have the same problem." Should have told me "pick a different business or you'll have the same problem." What a joke. Also they've been removing my comments with the photos of their terrible products. Don't shop with this business.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I love the prints and mothers day card that I ordered. Good quality. My issue is that they double charged me and insist that it never happened. I've even sent proof. They gave me this crappy excuse about how they "hold the funds until it's shipped so it will show on my statement twice". My bank literally shows the about $90 being taken out twice. It shows the deduction from my total. Aka the money isn't there. Twice. There is no mistaking that. 180 dollars gone from my account. But it "didn't happen". They refuse to give me a refund for the second charge and I am beyond furious. Nobody has that kind of money to spare at this time.

Now I will have to sit on hold with my bank tomorrow for hours and hope that they will at least try to resolve this issue. Will NOT order from here again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I am not the one to post bad reviews ever, however this one was pretty heartbreaking and I want to help others by sharing this. My grandmother went into the hospital with only 30% of her heart working near Christmas. I ordered from Shutterfly like I always do. This time I ordered a cross with my grandmother's picture with us on there. No warnings showed up so I ordered it. It came in very blurry but I did not have time to contact Shutterfly and get a new one before Christmas, so I gave the blurry one to my dad. He cried and I promised I would get him a new one.

I called them the next day, a wonderful woman said that even she had issues with it when she ordered one herself and helped me figure it out. She said that I could contact them again before ordering to ensure the second one would be right which the person said it was perfect. I saved the chat of the person who helped me. It came in blurrier than the first one. I just called for help again when the rep and her manager refused to help me because I accidentally entered in a different email address (same name) on the order than the one on the account. I was heartbroken that after 10 years of many orders, they would not help me with something that means so much to me and my family. I am now on the search for a new company for my future orders. Hope this helps.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I ordered two items on December 1st 2019. I messed up one order and cancelled it and weeks went by and I checked status and other item was not shipped yet. I called and they told me so sorry and they would ship it and nothing ever came so I finally DECIDED TO CANCEL THAT AS WELL.. THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD REFUND ME AND JUST TO KEEP THE PILLOW IF IT DOES ARRIVE FOR FREE.. So it finally did after many weeks but today my bank notified me that they charged my card for that order! Wtf.... I cancelled and still got charged.. Nobody in customer service can ever get the info correct.. They need reported to BBB. Such rip offs..

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Spent several hours creating a calendar online through Shutterfly to give to our 87 year old grandmother for Christmas. The order was placed on December 5th would and estimated delivery date of December 11th. Today is January 12th and it’s yet to arrive!!!! Clearly I was disappointed as it was a Christmas present and I had to apologize to our grandmother and explain to her what had happened. After several emails with Shutterly before Christmas they had said they’d send out a new one yet refused to reimburse me the money. As I stated it’s over a month later and still no calendar. Thoroughly upset with this company especially customer service and will never buy from them again. So many good companies that produce similar items with great customer service, no need to waste time and money with this one.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Shame on Shutterfly's tricky language! Blame the customer. I received a 11 x 14 framed photo as a gift. Excited, I pulled the black framed photo out of the box, and was stunned at the fuzzy, low grade image, the terribly second-rate white matting, and the cheap black frame that shutterfly mailed out. When calling the contact number and speaking with two representatives, I was told basically "Too bad." Their promise "We want you to love the shutterfly." -- apparently not!...

This company does not use quality control for photos to assist customers to ensure that the best product possible is available to customers. Instead of working with the client to ensure quality, "They just accept whatever the photo is - without any cleanup of the image, nor do they make recommendations on best sizes for best results, or help the customer in any manner," they just take the photo and funds (which the price is extremely high - compared to other companies that offer this same service), with quality way beyond what shutterfly does). As the gift receiver, I am appalled that this company does not back up their product. My instructions were to just contact the gift giver. I do not want the gift giver to be embarrassed by their choice to use this inferior company. Plus, we live in different states, so I cannot just drive over and give the picture to the individual.

Thus, the shutterfly guarantee as below is worthless - and they refused to follow their own guarantee: the shutterfly guarantee "We're not happy unless you're happy. It's that simple. We get how important your memories are to you. And, we'll securely store all those photos at the same resolution at which you uploaded them. We also promise we'll never delete them (not even the embarrassing ones). " Oh, shame on shutterfly's tricky language! - that's right - put it back on the customer!!! Without quality control assistance to customers, this company cannot produce the best quality product? Recommendation: use quality control to assist customers for quality product!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I spent over $700 on photo books. They were awful! Captions and embellishments/stickers cut off the sides of the pages, photos missing, embellishments missing, entire pages missing, photos printed too dark, backgrounds so dark you can’t make out the print design or even the color... wasted at least an hour trying to get help with customer service online chat. I asked them to get a customer service rep to call me and they said they couldn’t. I called customer service and waited an hour on hold and got no resolution. I emailed and asked the guy that replied to call me. He wanted to know what the problem was and I told him it would take hours to explain all the problems and we would have to go through them page by page and so he would have to call me back on my day off.

We arranged for a time For him to call me back and he never did. I called back again and waited another half hour on hold. I spent another 20 minutes explaining the situation and all I have been through already. The guy I spoke to said he was going to escalate it to someone with a higher position. He asked me to hold and the call got dropped. He never called me back. I tried calling him back. They said he was unavailable and I left a message for him to return my call. Haven’t heard from anyone. This is the worst customer service I have ever received!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I ordered two 8x10 prints in mid-December as Christmas gifts. They arrived damaged and bent due to a flimsy shipping envelope. My options to contact Shutterfly were limited to calling only—the chat function never worked after multiple attempts at different times and days, and the only email I found bounced back with a no-reply response. I spoke to someone in customer service (clearly outsourced to another country), and they reprinted and resent the photos at no charge. The same issue occurred: damaged photos in a flimsy envelope. Each time, I called the customer service number and was promised the same thing, but only after waiting 20–30 minutes on hold. It is now January 7th, about a month later, and the third shipment has arrived damaged, same as both times before.

I was even promised better shipping materials, but it’s exactly the same as before. Instead of wasting more of my time on hold for a set of photos that may never arrive unbent, I’ll just spend my money elsewhere in the hopes for a Christmas gift that arrives before February. Shutterfly clearly has no intention of ensuring customer satisfaction as they make it time-consuming and painful to contact them, even to resolve a simple issue, and then don’t bother to follow through competently. Which is too bad because the print quality is lovely.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I ordered a blanket for my wife from Shutterfly on 12/18/2019. I decided to do to this because my sons girlfriend ordered one earlier and it looked awesome. I paid for expedited delivery for a guaranteed arrival of 1/3/2020. I called them on 1/3/2020 because I received an email at 2:31PM stating my recent order for the Sherpa blanket is taking longer to create than expected. "Though this was unexpected we wanted to let you know right away. As soon as your order is shipped we will let you know." No real reason why and no timeline for a delivery. They tell me that I should have the blanket no later than 1/7/2020.

Their website as of 1/6/2020 still shows my blanket as being created and not shipped. They told me the blanket was done and just waiting to get shipped. I asked them to do an overnight expedite and I was told they did not have the authority to do this. When I stated they should be better at customer service than an email at the ninth hour on my guaranteed delivery date is not good customer service at all. I also asked about what they were going to do for me with their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. All they would do is give me my shipping costs back. I told them that is not enough as they already missed a guaranteed delivery date. At this point we will see if my blanket arrives on 1/7. I really don't think it will since they don't know how to update their website at all. Because of how shoddy their customer service was I will never use this company again. I should have stuck with Vistaprint.

Shutterfly Company Information