3.8/5 (641 ratings)

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Ordered a photo gift online on Dec. 6. Delivery window given was Dec. 11-15. It is Dec. 28 - merchandise never arrived. Tracking information suggests USPS never received it. No reasonable way to contact customer service - their chat line never answers, and their phone line is only 3.5 hours per day, so is jammed. I did get through to chat once on Dec. 26 - rep told me she was giving me a gift certificate, which never was put into my account. She also sent me a canned message saying the item was on the way, in time for Christmas - what? This is unacceptable - I was a long time customer - no more. Not ever.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Shutterfly (Allegedly) has a 100% satisfaction policy-- don't fall for it -- I ordered prints and they failed to arrive - Lost after 2 hrs on phone with customer service -- then supervisor - they "could not issue refund".. Sorry.. I had to wait 21 days.. and their robot kept saying it was supposed to be delivered.. Yes of course it is SUPPOSED to.. but it ISN'T and THAT'S why I want a refund OR REDO MY ORDER... NO they won't...

The PHOTO QUALITY IS MEDIOCRE but when the service is NONEXISTENT and the HUMANS RUDE AND UNCOOPERATIVE = ZERO or MINUS STARS.. DO NOT FALL FOR THESE FOLKS.. HIT AND MISS AT BEST - try ANYWHERE ELSE.. Walgreen, Local Shop, CGTrader, Mixbook, Vistaprint, RedBubble and Paperless Post... ANYBODY ELSE -- I have tried all but SHUTTERFLY IS THE WORST when it comes to HONORING THEIR GUARANTEES-- NONEXISTENT SERVICE... GRADE F

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Just order from Walmart: My order was placed in November, shipped on December 1. STILL NO PACKAGE and it's December 23. I have been watching it bounce between a location 20 minutes from my house and a neighboring STATE! What!? If they'd just told me where to pick it up, I'd have had it 3 weeks ago. I am LIVID! Never again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Shutterfly seems to operate by machines only as humans are MIA when trying to contact. Automated system indicated my Holiday Card order would arrive in Minnesota on 12-21, it was subsequently changed to 12-22 and on 12-22 their wonderful robotic system indicated my order was still in Texas! And, the order was produced on 12-16. The most unfortunate part of this whole experience is there seems to be no person with a heartbeat at Shutterfly to converse with LIVE! I was on hold for 46 minutes yesterday, tried to press #1 on my phone to leave a callback number and the system would not take it. Obviously, Shutterfly is letting robots attempt to satisfy unhappy customers like me. Note to Shutterfly...it is NOT working! I live 6 miles from a large Shutterfly plant location in Shakopee, MN. Why is my order coming from Texas to begin with? And, regardless, will my Christmas cards arrive before 2021?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Ordered cards the first week in December. Paid 7.99 extra for faster shipping. Was promised for Dec 12. Tracking number showed no info. I used the number with USPS and it said the package was never shipped. When I finally (after HOURS literally of trying) reached someone at Shutterfly on chat, they were ridiculously unable to explain what had happened to my order and kept saying we have to wait on tracking. I said I wanted to cancel and wanted a refund since it was the week of Christmas and still no cards and no date to expect them. He said he could refund the shipping but I asked for a full refund. I am so sad that I have no cards to send this year and I have not gotten a refund, like so many others who have posted here. I will never use Shutterfly again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Terrible service; don’t bother with this business. I’ve been a customer for many years; I’m having the worst experience this year, 2020. The mail system and Covid cannot be blamed for me not receiving my Christmas cards ordered on November 30. Today is December 21, and the cards are nowhere in sight. Customer service is not sympathetic to the situation. I won’t get my cards in time to mail them & have them be received by Christmas! Two orders I placed 11 and 12 days later than this order arrived last week! After 5 phone calls to customer service over the past week, I am extremely disappointed and frustrated dealing with Shutterfly personnel.

Today I requested a refund and was told that I must wait until after the holidays to request a refund. Of course that would mean spending another half hour on the phone with him. It looks like they think no matter when I receive the cards, that I will mail them out, even if it’s after the holidays! They are not admitting there is a problem with my order, and they are not willing to resolve it to make me a satisfied customer. In my opinion, they should refund my money regardless of when the cards finally arrive; it’s too late. Their business failed in supplying their merchandise as expected. If & when I receive the cards, I will send them back and ask for my refund of almost $200. Poor customer service; this company is not standing behind their happy customer policy. I am definitely upset about the situation.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I ordered Christmas cards November 29th. Shutterfly still has not shipped my cards as of December 21st. At this point, my Christmas cards obviously won't make it out to my friends and family by Christmas. Shutterfly customer service refuses to offer any explanation for the delay, any relief for missing my Christmas deadline. They have the audacity to claim that my order will arrive in time for me to use - therefore no refund or credit. I'm not allowed to cancel the order. Buy a calendar Shutterfly! Christmas is December 25th, my cards will not arrive in time for me to use them. You're dead to me Shutterfly!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I loved Shutterfly in the past so I thought I would order Christmas cards. My husband and I had a special photo shoot for our cards. I placed my order on December 1st and now it’s the 20th and I have no idea when I’ll get them (after Christmas I’m sure). Real bummer. Won’t use again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I purchased something on 1211. Paid extra shipping to receive it by 12:19. Never received my item. Try to get in touch with customer service, waited on hold for 2 hours to speak to someone that didn't know when I would get my order. Constantly repeated the same answer. Tell them just to cancel the order. They wouldn't cancel it. Now at this time I received an email stating my order has finally shipped. After going back online again last night telling them I didn't want to order anymore because I went to a different company and order the same thing. The business is terrible. How do you go from, "It hasn't shipped yet. We're having problems transferring the photo," to all of a sudden it shipped. I will never order from this company again. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with in all my years of ordering things.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Made a calendar for Christmas in plenty of time. Arrived in plenty of time but pictures missing, out of order, duplicates made when I had none. Horrible job. Called customer service! Wouldn’t redo it! When pressured I had to prove to them the errors by sending pictures of product vs requested order. Spent an hour and cannot get it for two more weeks! Horrible customer service!

Shutterfly Company Information