3.8/5 (588 ratings)

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I've used Shutterfly for several years and have been happy with their products until recently. My prints have been sent faded, but now they are adding a Covid Fee?! Really? I'm deleting my account. I'll get prints and mugs from a company that doesn't try and gouge an already struggling country.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I ordered my save the dates for my wedding through Shutterfly in the beginning of December, it’s Jan 2nd and I haven’t received them yet. They have been stuck in Stockton since December 15th.... I tried contacting them multiple times and with 2+ hour hold times on their phone line and their chats just being a bot with no email support.... I am really disappointed. They gave me a “refund” (a gift card for their services) but I don’t trust ordering anything else from them.... As a test I did also order (using said gift card) a couple of photo tiles for my and my fiancé’s families and they haven’t arrived yet either.... Hopefully they eventually arrive but it’s so after Christmas now that they will be confused if they do ever arrive....

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Ordered Shutterfly Christmas Cards on December 2nd. They assured me they would arrive on the 11th. Arrived today, January 2nd. A whole month later! Too late to send out. $38.49 down the drain. Will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Ordered a photo gift online on Dec. 6. Delivery window given was Dec. 11-15. It is Dec. 28 - merchandise never arrived. Tracking information suggests USPS never received it. No reasonable way to contact customer service - their chat line never answers, and their phone line is only 3.5 hours per day, so is jammed. I did get through to chat once on Dec. 26 - rep told me she was giving me a gift certificate, which never was put into my account. She also sent me a canned message saying the item was on the way, in time for Christmas - what? This is unacceptable - I was a long time customer - no more. Not ever.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Shutterfly (Allegedly) has a 100% satisfaction policy-- don't fall for it -- I ordered prints and they failed to arrive - Lost after 2 hrs on phone with customer service -- then supervisor - they "could not issue refund".. Sorry.. I had to wait 21 days.. and their robot kept saying it was supposed to be delivered.. Yes of course it is SUPPOSED to.. but it ISN'T and THAT'S why I want a refund OR REDO MY ORDER... NO they won't...

The PHOTO QUALITY IS MEDIOCRE but when the service is NONEXISTENT and the HUMANS RUDE AND UNCOOPERATIVE = ZERO or MINUS STARS.. DO NOT FALL FOR THESE FOLKS.. HIT AND MISS AT BEST - try ANYWHERE ELSE.. Walgreen, Local Shop, CGTrader, Mixbook, Vistaprint, RedBubble and Paperless Post... ANYBODY ELSE -- I have tried all but SHUTTERFLY IS THE WORST when it comes to HONORING THEIR GUARANTEES-- NONEXISTENT SERVICE... GRADE F

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Just order from Walmart: My order was placed in November, shipped on December 1. STILL NO PACKAGE and it's December 23. I have been watching it bounce between a location 20 minutes from my house and a neighboring STATE! What!? If they'd just told me where to pick it up, I'd have had it 3 weeks ago. I am LIVID! Never again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Shutterfly seems to operate by machines only as humans are MIA when trying to contact. Automated system indicated my Holiday Card order would arrive in Minnesota on 12-21, it was subsequently changed to 12-22 and on 12-22 their wonderful robotic system indicated my order was still in Texas! And, the order was produced on 12-16. The most unfortunate part of this whole experience is there seems to be no person with a heartbeat at Shutterfly to converse with LIVE! I was on hold for 46 minutes yesterday, tried to press #1 on my phone to leave a callback number and the system would not take it. Obviously, Shutterfly is letting robots attempt to satisfy unhappy customers like me. Note to Shutterfly...it is NOT working! I live 6 miles from a large Shutterfly plant location in Shakopee, MN. Why is my order coming from Texas to begin with? And, regardless, will my Christmas cards arrive before 2021?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Ordered cards the first week in December. Paid 7.99 extra for faster shipping. Was promised for Dec 12. Tracking number showed no info. I used the number with USPS and it said the package was never shipped. When I finally (after HOURS literally of trying) reached someone at Shutterfly on chat, they were ridiculously unable to explain what had happened to my order and kept saying we have to wait on tracking. I said I wanted to cancel and wanted a refund since it was the week of Christmas and still no cards and no date to expect them. He said he could refund the shipping but I asked for a full refund. I am so sad that I have no cards to send this year and I have not gotten a refund, like so many others who have posted here. I will never use Shutterfly again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Terrible service; don’t bother with this business. I’ve been a customer for many years; I’m having the worst experience this year, 2020. The mail system and Covid cannot be blamed for me not receiving my Christmas cards ordered on November 30. Today is December 21, and the cards are nowhere in sight. Customer service is not sympathetic to the situation. I won’t get my cards in time to mail them & have them be received by Christmas! Two orders I placed 11 and 12 days later than this order arrived last week! After 5 phone calls to customer service over the past week, I am extremely disappointed and frustrated dealing with Shutterfly personnel.

Today I requested a refund and was told that I must wait until after the holidays to request a refund. Of course that would mean spending another half hour on the phone with him. It looks like they think no matter when I receive the cards, that I will mail them out, even if it’s after the holidays! They are not admitting there is a problem with my order, and they are not willing to resolve it to make me a satisfied customer. In my opinion, they should refund my money regardless of when the cards finally arrive; it’s too late. Their business failed in supplying their merchandise as expected. If & when I receive the cards, I will send them back and ask for my refund of almost $200. Poor customer service; this company is not standing behind their happy customer policy. I am definitely upset about the situation.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I ordered Christmas cards November 29th. Shutterfly still has not shipped my cards as of December 21st. At this point, my Christmas cards obviously won't make it out to my friends and family by Christmas. Shutterfly customer service refuses to offer any explanation for the delay, any relief for missing my Christmas deadline. They have the audacity to claim that my order will arrive in time for me to use - therefore no refund or credit. I'm not allowed to cancel the order. Buy a calendar Shutterfly! Christmas is December 25th, my cards will not arrive in time for me to use them. You're dead to me Shutterfly!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I loved Shutterfly in the past so I thought I would order Christmas cards. My husband and I had a special photo shoot for our cards. I placed my order on December 1st and now it’s the 20th and I have no idea when I’ll get them (after Christmas I’m sure). Real bummer. Won’t use again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I purchased something on 1211. Paid extra shipping to receive it by 12:19. Never received my item. Try to get in touch with customer service, waited on hold for 2 hours to speak to someone that didn't know when I would get my order. Constantly repeated the same answer. Tell them just to cancel the order. They wouldn't cancel it. Now at this time I received an email stating my order has finally shipped. After going back online again last night telling them I didn't want to order anymore because I went to a different company and order the same thing. The business is terrible. How do you go from, "It hasn't shipped yet. We're having problems transferring the photo," to all of a sudden it shipped. I will never order from this company again. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with in all my years of ordering things.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Made a calendar for Christmas in plenty of time. Arrived in plenty of time but pictures missing, out of order, duplicates made when I had none. Horrible job. Called customer service! Wouldn’t redo it! When pressured I had to prove to them the errors by sending pictures of product vs requested order. Spent an hour and cannot get it for two more weeks! Horrible customer service!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I placed an order on Nov 23rd. Estimated delivery date 12/8-12/12. Today is 12/19 and I still have not received the gifts that I was to give to family today. I tried calling multiple times only to be told “It’s been shipped". No cancellations/no refunds. So even though I paid for shipping I now will have to see family empty handed and I will have to pay for shipping their gift to them. I also had other gifts shipped to family members out of state and they have not received theirs yet either. Their Customer service is horrible. With the pandemic this year every penny counts and I wish I had spent my money elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

We ordered our photo Christmas cards with plenty of time to get them mailed before Christmas but here we sit on December 19 with no cards and a poor tracking system between UPS and the good old mail in ballot guys, the US Postal Service. UPS should be ashamed to commingle their shipments with the unreliable postal service and call it Postal Innovations. What a joke. Shutterfly has lost me as a customer in the future. Trying to contact Shutterfly is impossible. Piss poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Like several other reviewers have stated, I ordered Xmas cards on 11/29. I ordered a day before they offered free shipping and paid full shipping charges. I spent about $70 on 2 orders totaling 35 cards. Although Shutterfly stated the delivery would be between 12/4 and 12/9, they have not yet arrived. They can't state when they will arrive. In viewing tracking, they are currently waiting in Indiana. If I had known that it would take over 3 weeks to receive, I would never have ordered them. Now, even if they are received tomorrow, I will still not be able to send to recipients to arrive before X-Mas.

Until these orders, I have been very happy with Shutterfly. However, I will NEVER order X-Mas cards from them again. To say I am disappointed, is to put it mildly. I feel like crying. If I ever do receive these cards, I am going to look like a complete idiot sending them out late. I have noticed many similar complaints. Instead of going with USPS Value shipping, why don't you pay a little more and get a better shipping company? You are going to lose many customers. Stop blaming this on Covid. We no longer believe you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I’ve used two years in a row for Christmas cards. The process is easy. But. First year, I needed additional cards. I reordered and the order was lost. I was fully refunded and order was replaced. All good result, just annoying. This year ordered again. Envelopes came unconstructed. No adhesive on sides. For $200. Quss as city unacceptable. Real complaint is customer service is totally inaccessible. Waited in line (199 in-line) for a chat rep. Then when finally got rep they asked me to download picture to my account. When I did that...no quick way.. They had already closed me out. With message of “please reach back if you have any other issue”. Really? Won’t use again. Do not recommend. Plenty of other similar services.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

My Christmas card order was placed on 12/2, estimated delivery date 12/14, paid $18 for shipping. They were shipped on 12/4 and tracking hasn't been updated since 12/7... I reached out to customer service earlier in the week, was told I could request a refund if not received in a few days. I contacted them again today and was told SHUTTERFLY ISN'T MAKING ACCOMMODATIONS UNLESS THE ORDER ARRIVES AFTER CHRISTMAS. What good are Christmas cards that arrive too late to mail them before Christmas??? The customer service rep. was like talking to a robot. I'm going to take the advice of another reviewer and file a claim with my credit card company. Will never use Shutterfly again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Ordering from Shutterfly used to be fun. But not anymore! Have not received 2 packages now that were paid for over 3 weeks ago. Shutterfly refused to do anything about it; said to call back after the holidays! Extremely unsatisfied with Shutterfly!

Resolution response: July 25, 2022

This was handled, through chargeback. This was entirely too difficult to deal with, and they didn't learn.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

These Christmas Cards, which were ordered wayyy back in November, has been lost since Dec 6. These are STILL advertised with discounts, driving sales, when they have no intent on delivering before Christmas. Even if they arrived TODAY, the cards won't arrive to their destination on time now. My wife ordered these, and got a notice on Dec 6 that UPS was delivering the next day. Dec 7 arrived, and nothing arrived. She called on Dec 8, and all the way up until the 12th. She ended up in tears due to how Shutterfly Support was dismissing her, ignoring her.

So, I got involved. I ask for a manager on the phone, and they drop the call last night, after a 312 minute hold for the first agent - they were closed when they dropped the call. Convenient, no?! Their chat support dropped me twice. It gets worse. They THEN GO BEHIND MY BACK, and went back to my wife on Facebook message. I'm sorry, you do NOT get to make my wife cry, and then go back to her when you figure out her husband is not going to let that behavior fly. As far as I'm concerned, this is a SCAM. Chargeback in progress, and I am not going away now.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I ordered a puzzle to be made by Shutterfly on December 01, 2020. Was to receive it between 12.08 and 12.14. I did receive a notice on 12.05 that it would be delayed. To expect to receive it between 12.14 and 12.16. On 12.15 I called Shutterfly to see what the status was. Was told there must have been some type of mistake and I would need to cancel and reorder. Spoke to a supervisor and she promised I would have it 12.18. Next day received a notice my order would be delayed. Two days later was told product was shipped and would arrive on 12.21 Now I am told told maybe 12.23. Given the mistakes they made you would think they would have sent it priority. Nope. UPS ground. What a joke.

The thing Shutterfly needs to remember, they ain't the only game in town. Plenty of sites can do what they do. It is customer service that makes the difference. Last word, sometimes they do as promised. Other times they are out to prefect horrible service. Looks like they achieved their goal. I have no need to revisit this slacker company. As mentioned, there are other companies doing a far better job.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I’ve had issues with Shutterfly in the past, but this year they have taken the cake. They have lost my package and every time I contact them I get a different Shipping date, delivery date, etc. I asked to have my order reprinted and sent overnight since they are Christmas cards and still need to be sent out and they said they would not be willing to do that. I talked to Srinidhi, Nautica, and Amy the last time I contact them (several other people before that) and not one of them would re-ship the order.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I ordered photo prints and a separate order for an ornament at the end of November and it’s nearly Christmas and I haven’t gotten it. When I contacted customer care they just told me to wait and there is nothing they can do. I’ve made lots of orders these past few months and have had no problems with any other company getting my delivery made in the delivery window. This reflects very poorly on Shutterfly as a company not upholding what they are offering and no help when you voice your concern.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Ordered Christmas cards in November that never arrived. Contacted them several times and was always told they should arrive tomorrow...never did finally tried to cancel the order because Christmas cards really lose their value after the holiday...if they were ever going to arrive No refund for the over priced cards. Wish I had read these reviews before ordering.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I have used Shutterfly in that past and had no complaints. They were efficient and had helpful customer service. June 2019 they were purchased by Apollo Global Management. This is the first I’ve used them since the change and I was nothing short of shell shocked by the change, none for the better.

1. Customer Service- Good luck because there isn’t any. If you want to speak to a person, you will be sent down rabbit hole after rabbit hole; one international call center to the next “supervisor” and ultimately be given an email address to use. You will take the time to write out your concerns in an email but it will bounce back as “no reply” and refer you back to the “chat” link. You will resign yourself to the written “chat”. During my “chat” exchange with “Lamar” I was told shipping would be changed to expedited with a promise to email me the next day to let me know the final delivery date. Needless to say I never heard from him again and that was a week ago. I just went to the website to check my order status and it is still listed as January. Because it was a “chat” on their end, you will have no record of the exchange. Take a screen shot.

2. Delivery- I ordered a Christmas gift on December 7. There was no indication that this would be a problem since the website was- and still is as of today- advertising Christmas gifts. I only realized it was a problem when I received my confirmation email. The delivery date was January. They should be upfront before you spend the time creating a gift. With my first attempt with customer service, I was told that the delivery date was stated during the order process. I assumed I just didn’t notice it. After being told other misleading comments, I went back to the website and made a mock purchase all the way up to the last payment step before actually paying and it NEVER stated a delivery date. There was a screen that said if it was time sensitive consider paying for rushed shipping but never gave a delivery date nor clearly stated if you wanted Christmas delivery to upgrade your shipping.

3. Misleading- the tactics to frustrate the customer, to outright lie to you (see above) was beyond anything I’ve experienced with a company bar none.

I get covid created new problems and challenges, I get that this years on-line orders are significantly increased, I get that I might be disappointed because I didn’t start earlier but JUST TELL ME BEFORE I ORDER! Then when I am disappointed, DONT LIE TO ME about what you will do to remedy. Just tell me the truth- you don’t care about your customers, you only care that they hit the “purchase” link.

Nice to know you Shutterfly. It was fun in the beginning but we are breaking up.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I ordered my holiday cards on 11/30. The Company promised delivery by 12/14. I expected some delay, due to Covid, maybe a few days. Now they have changed status to "on its way" and can't give me a definite date, just "before Christmas" which is completely useless when the product is holiday cards that I wanted to arrive at the addressee's locations before Christmas.

I've been chatting with them for near an hour, and they keep giving me a canned response that in this "unusual year they won't be issuing refunds and can't really do anything about delays." None of the other companies I've ordered from have had this problem, yes there are delays and yes that's totally understandable but here I think Shutterfly knew it couldn't meet the demand but wanted the revenue anyway, so they lied to customers to get them to buy their product. Note that their chat queue is over 100 people and their phone wait is over 2 hours, so I imagine this is not just a "me" issue.

I'm extremely disappointed and won't be using them again, their competitors do equal if not better work and deliver timely. I know that during these times, late cards are not a big deal, and I'm grateful for the privilege to even be able to afford such things. I think however that Shutterfly could do a better job with this situation, admit they are in the wrong and issue refunds.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I will never use them again. I submitted a photo book order and there was a part that wasn't specified and have tried to reach them all morning to catch it before production to no avail. And now they tell me I can't change anything... Very bad customer service when you can't even speak to someone and you at least ask for a call back and they can't even call you back. Not good ...

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered Christmas cards at the beginning of the month. I received a notification that it would come between Dec. 11-13. I have not received the cards and yet, I constantly called the company all of last week to get shipping updates. I was told on those occasions to be patient and they would come. Still nothing. When I called again today I was told that my order was probably lost! They could have told me that last week when I called because USPS has the same update that they were waiting for the carrier to have it picked up. This is my first order and from this experience, I will never go back to them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I Called customer service several times. They lied and said they were shipped now saying I can’t cancel and no refund unless they don’t come by Christmas. And have no update. So I can’t even order from another company to get cards.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Originally ordered and supposed to be delivered the same week..The date kept changing but part of my order finally came today! It was so worth the wait!!! I am absolutely in love with the blanket and it’s so much better quality than I originally expected! And a lot bigger as well! Definitely worth the price and I know my mother is going to love it! This is her Christmas present! I’m hoping my next package that was supposed to arrive before this one is worth the wait too! I’m giving 5 stars despite the wait!

Shutterfly Company Information