3.8/5 (667 ratings)

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shutterfly?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I purchased a blanket from them about 2 weeks ago, they said on the 18th it was shipped, there a tracking number but I couldn't find it. Called customer service for them to tell me that a pic didn't come out right so they had to fix it and it would ship on the 23rd so I can have it Christmas Eve. Well still nothing. I am new to this company and I will not return back.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I am a long time customer of Tiny Prints. I orderd my cards and paid extra money for them to arrive on 12/19/19. Here it is 12/22/19 and I don't have my cards. You call customer service and are on hold for >30 minutes and then they can't help you. They just keep saying "Sorrry for the inconvenience". They have not refunded my money for the order. Extremely unhappy with their service!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

My wife and I have used Shutterfly on many occasions to make our Christmas cards. They have a lot of designs which are nice. Last year (2018) our cards took over 3 weeks to be delivered to us so we got them less than 1 week before Christmas. We got our money back for that because they were supposed to have been delivered by the second week of December. This year, we ordered on 11/29 and delivery was supposed to be by 12/12 at the latest. Here it is 12/22 and our cards still have not arrived. Again, we got our money back, but that's not the point.

The point is, we put in the effort to search for cards, write out what we wanted, expected to have cards we were happy with to send to friends and family and we got nothing. Now we have to scramble to put something together that will ultimately be subpar. This is the last time though, we will never use Shutterfly again because it is apparent they just don't care. We are just a drop in the bucket so they won't feel it, but I would strongly recommend anyone depending on them for Christmas cards to possibly go somewhere else that actually follows through with their product when you order it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I see a lot of negative reviews on Shutterfly today that indicates they are overcome with orders this year and I’m sure they are just as devastated as we are, That being said, I want you to know how amazing they have been to me. This was my first time to use Shutterfly. I designed a photo album of my pictures from the Vietnam War for one of my four sons. The photo assistant helped me create an amazing album and my son loves it! I started on it with plenty of lead time and received it early even though the first album had to be changed. They ended up sending me four copies for the cost of one because they knew I had four sons! Today I gave them to my sons and they were thrilled! Thank you Shutterfly. Next I’m doing an album of my entire family and can’t wait to get started.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I've been shopping on Shutterfly since I bought my first dell computer about 15 years ago. I've been uploading my photos since then whenever I had a project in mind, which were mostly gifts, and even some items for myself. I did have a little worry about the future availability of my photos, so I did keep my own copies as well. But through the years I've discovered that all my photos are still there, intact. I also discovered that I could share albums of childhood photos with my 23 cousins, all they had to do was create an account and share the album I created as a shared album. They started uploading their own photos and like magic, now we have a collection of old photos from about 20 people all on Shutterfly.

Any of us can make photo books, pillows, puzzles, blankets, mugs, or any other photo gift from any of the photos. I think this is one of the most desirable features of the website, although it was almost by accident that I discovered it. So needless to say, I've been very happy year to year, adding photos, making holiday and birthday gifts, all of which turned out to be excellent quality. But what really turned me into a devoted future customer was an issue I had this holiday season. 2 of my 20 gifts went to the party's old address. Now I wasn't sure what happened, I could have sworn I'd changed the addresses, but with so many gifts I was working on, I couldn't be sure. I called Shutterfly to see what could be done, and they offered to remake and send the new items for free.

Unfortunately they would arrive after the holidays, but I didn't care, I was so happy to have them remade. Then today I get 2 emails saying they will arrive before Christmas! I am so pleased with this super service. I know the rep had to jump through some hoops to make that happen, and he did it after my phone call to him. In my opinion it was above and beyond. I am so grateful because A I didn't have to get aggravated and B it turned out a perfect solution!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I am so upset with this company, I ordered a blanket over 2 weeks ago was supposed to receive by yesterday to find out they ran out of fabric and are waiting on it to arrive, In the meantime no one was notified of this situation and now Christmas is just 4 days away and no gift to give to my family. As a business owner a email should have gone out to all its customers waiting and give them the option on what to do. I tried calling them and was on hold for 40 minutes probably because so many customers are calling and are as furious and upset as I am. Be careful ordering from them when you need it by a certain date. You might be very disappointed. Won't order again from them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I ordered 50 cards on Nov. 26 that were supposed to be in Molokai, Hawaii between Dec. 5-9. When they didn't come, I reordered on Dec 11 as RUSH and they were supposed to be here by Dec. 19. It's Dec. 20 and neither order is here. I called UPS and they have one updated scan that shows an order has reached Oahu, Hawaii but they do not work on Sat or Sun (Dec 21-22) so the earliest I might get the cards on my island is some time Dec. 23!! There is no way any of these cards will reach friends or families until after Christmas which embarrasses and infuriates me and defeats the whole purpose of the order. Shutterfly offered a 25% refund and said "sorry." Sorry doesn't help. Never again, Shutterfly: you have ruined this Christmas for me!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

This is the second major issue I've had with Shutterfly in the last year. Their customer service is literally no help. They have a 100% happiness guarantee but when they fail to deliver something (I had scheduled GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY DECEMBER 21 and paid for expedited shipping), and I get a notification that I'm not getting it for a full week later, I spent two hours trying to get a resolution and they offered me nothing. This company is the WORST to deal with, the worst. Their products are ok but are not special and if you have ANY ISSUES AT ALL, you are screwed, because they won't help you and they don't care about keeping their guarantees at all.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Ordered a custom puzzle on 12/14/2019 and paid extra for guaranteed delivery on 12/19/2019. As of 12/19/2019, the item has not only not shipped, it also hasn’t begun production. I contacted customer service via chat and was put in a queue for over 15 minutes just to reach an agent; then was on the chat for over an hour (yes, truly over 1 hour) to only get an answer that they are really busy and it “should” arrive before Christmas but they can’t guarantee it.

Bottom line is they proactively should have notified me when they knew the item would be late. I at least might have had time to order it somewhere else so it would arrive in time. I understand things happen but the customer service or lack there of magnifies an already disappointing situation. I will not use Shutterfly again. There are too many other options out there.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

My story is the same as many on here. I ordered Christmas cards and paid for expedited shipping and they were promised to be delivered on 12/18. I noticed they had not printed or shipped on Monday and contacted customer service who told me to wait. I continued to contact through the day yesterday and kept hearing "they'll arrive today, please keep waiting." Unfortunately, I also received confirmation that they had not shipped, so receiving them seemed impossible. Finally, last night one of the reps was able to speak to his manager and they found out that the cards had not printed, had not been shipped, and the earliest they could get them to me was December 27th. They are CHRISTMAS cards. The guy said I could either get them the 27th or cancel. I cancelled. So, like other families, this is the first time in ten years our family has NOT had a Christmas card to send out. No apology! No sorry! No "we'll make this right."

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. On top of that, this may be more troubling, I notice on Social Media and this site someone personally responds to each complaint and says they'll work with you to find a solution. I received this response when I publicly tweeted them and posted on Facebook. Guess what? I emailed that email address- NO RESPONSE. I sent a DM on Twitter as instructed NO RESPONSE. So, they're trying to show outwardly that they are taking your complaint seriously and in actuality doing NOTHING. Every year we spend 100's of dollars on photo books, calendars, ornaments, and holiday cards from Shutterfly. Sadly, no more. I'm done. Peace out Shutterfly, you have royally screwed up.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Very disappointed. Placed an order two weeks ago and my customized blanket hasn’t even shipped and it was suppose to be here today the 18th. I contacted customer service and all they can do is give me a credit towards another order. I want my money back. What makes you think I want to reorder something else? Especially after this happening. It was suppose to be a Christmas gift. I would understand two days or even three days late but it hasn’t even shipped yet. Ridiculous!!!! And I can’t even call and speak to someone. Only by email. They answer me and all they can say is that sorry the printing department has a delay.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Ordered 3 identical photobooks for the holidays. Original shipping date was 12/12, which was great because I was bringing them to Florida for the holidays as gifts. Their website, their customer service number AND their email/text system was giving me three different stories. Finally found out that NONE of the order would be received before when I needed it. For some reason, they broke up the original order and still hadn't processed one of the books. The other 2 were in shipping limbo somewhere and did not go out at the time that they said they did. On the phone with customer service over an hour after their online chat system took forever. Had to escalate to a supervisor and was told nothing could be done. Managed a credit, but have no gifts to give for the holidays. Bad experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

They sent me a damaged photo book and when I called to correct the problem the representative, Rasheed could not have been ruder. He kept hanging up on me, was laughing when I called back and continued telling me I was going to have to pay more money to get the problem resolved. I have been on the phone with them now 2 hours 50 minutes and I am still on hold.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

To say I'm disappointed in my Shutterfly xmas cards would be the understatement of the century. We thought it would be a cute idea to include a small wedding announcement/invite with our xmas cards this year. The wedding announcements had a gold 'theme' to them, so I wanted there to be some gold foil on our xmas cards. I went to shutterfly, sorted by 'gold' and found a design I liked. Of course I thought the cost per card was a bit pricey, but figured that had to be because of the gold foil. So I proceeded to check out and made payment. AFTER payment I was given an estimated arrival date of THIRTEEN days out!! What the heck!?

I've ordered 100s of items to be engraved before and had a sooner arrival date than 75 measly cards. Also, why not tell me this BEFORE I pay for the dang things? To their credit, the cards did arrive sooner than initially estimated (but it still took a week, which is laughable in the era of Amazon Prime). Well, imagine my complete and utter shock and anger when I opened up the package to find that the 'gold' part of the card is simply a printed light yellow. I could have freaking designed and printed these off myself for pennies to the dollar what I spent on these cards! What a rip off. Never, EVER again. Not only are my xmas cards ruined, but now they've ruined our wedding announcements too.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Shutterfly lost my order of Christmas cards. Then made me pay an extra $20 to get them delivered 3 weeks late. I've been a customer of theirs for 18 years, but this is ridiculous. For how much money they are making this time of year, to have me pay $20 to fix their mistake. AND my Christmas cards are going to be late. Super unhappy. I spent 3 hours on the phone with customer service and this was the best they could do. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Previously I have designed many photo albums with Shutterfly. Today I could not use Shutterfly. The website was very screwed up and I could not work with it. I made my album on Snapfish and had great success.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I ordered my Christmas cards and paid extra to have them made in under a week. When my order was scheduled for delivery it didn't arrive. There was no update provided to me about what was going on. I had to call their customer service and after sitting on hold was told that despite paying to have my order delivered today it hasn't even been shipped. To make matters worse they still CANNOT even guarantee me delivery.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I placed an order on 12/2/19 for Christmas cards, this included paying for guaranteed delivery by Saturday 12/14/19. I also paid for their review where they touch up photos and do a final review of the card. This is said to take an additional 1 to 2 days on their website at the time of placing the order. As I was tracking the order, for some reason my order date became 12/3 rather than 12/2, so when I still had not received a proof or an update for the review process by Friday 12/6 I called into their customer service.

I was told that it would be reviewed within 2 days. I said it had already been 4 days, and needed a proof asap to meet the guaranteed delivery date. They said they would do the best they could, but not to worry because no matter what, even if they had to pay for overnight shipping, they would meet that guaranteed date. The gentleman reiterated that Guaranteed means just that, Guaranteed! Okay, the next day I did receive a proof, reviewed it and returned it immediately, and thought we were good to go.

The email showing the product had been printed came shortly after. This gives a full six days to still meet that guaranteed shipping date of 12/14, so I didn't think there should be any issues. Well, no package came on 12/14, and when checking the status, the ESTIMATED delivery is now two days after that, on 12/16. And, that is ESTIMATED, not guaranteed. I had planned to address the Christmas cards over the weekend and have them in the mail on Monday, so they would be received by Christmas.

Two days and going into the work week makes a big difference. Mistakes can happen, but this company advertises that they will do whatever is necessary to meet delivery dates and that is not remotely accurate. When I called into customer service on the 14th, with the very legitimate complaint that the guaranteed date was not being met, they pushed it back on me saying that I did not allow enough time for the review process and of course they could not guarantee a delivery on that short of notice. Placing an order on 12/2 to be delivered by 12/14 does not seem unreasonable to me. And again, the cards were printed on 12/7 and ready for shipment, they could have easily paid for overnight shipping and I would have received them before the 14th. One simple thing done differently for a satisfied customer, versus somebody that will not use them again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

An actual month to get my order from this company. On November 13th I placed an order of 8 magnets had a delivery date of 11/19. Didn’t come. Called customer service on Nov. 30th. Said they had to reorder and will be delivered on 12/3. Again no magnets. Called again on 12/7 and they said they would expedite order and guaranteed they would be here by 12/12. Well that didn’t happen. I finally received them on 12/13 but the quality is bad and the magnet material is really flimsy. I have ordered these two years ago and they were great.

It seems to me the right foot doesn’t know what the left foot is doing at the company. I got one customer service guy I literally could not understand and was very rude. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he was quite offended and tried giving me several reasons why I couldn’t speak to the supervisor. I just kept demanding and finally he said ok. However when the guy came on and I asked if he was the supervisor he wouldn’t admit it. I think he was just another person taking phone calls. Needless to say I was quite mad about this whole ordeal. I was suppose to get these magnets for my daughter’s 40th birthday as a very special gift to her of her children and I told them but they didn’t care. So as a customer advising other customers I would beware of this company because the customer service is horrible.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I ordered an 8x8 ceramic photo tile with the metal stand. The ordering process was simple and straightforward. Received the order in the 7 days that they estimated. The quality of the photo on the tile was superb, but it was loose in the shipping box with no bubble wrap protection, nothing to secure it inside the box, laying against the metal stand. The top right corner of the tile was shattered and in pieces. The felt backing was so crooked it has hanging off 2 sides of the tile. I called Customer service and all they could do was reorder and wait another week for shipment. I needed it for a Christmas gift and was traveling. I even offered to pay for faster delivery. Too bad, so sad, nothing they were willing to do, just reorder and wait for it. Will never order from Shutterfly again. Too many other merchants to choose from.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I ordered my Christmas cards and decided I needed 15 additional cards. I ordered them 3 weeks ago and was told I would receive them the week before Thanksgiving. Although my order showed they had shipped, I never received them and Shutterfly told me the order was lost. I requested to have them reprinted and expedited and was promised delivery by today, Dec. 5. My account shows they are in process with no delivery date and 3 customer support agents on the phone and online chat say they cannot find out what happened and they cannot tell me when they will be printed, processed or shipped. They said it will take at least 2 days to speak to someone regarding why they aren't completed!! This is terrible service! Why can't someone at Shutterfly find out where these cards are that were ordered weeks ago?! Never again will I use Shutterfly and I urge anyone looking for online printing needs to go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I ordered a blanket for my mom for Christmas. I was worried about it since I've never ordered from them before. It took 5 days to ship to me and when I received it I was not disappointed, the blanket was a queen size, it was so soft, the picture quality was amazing and I just all out loved it! The pictures on the blanket are in the fabric so they won't wash off or fade. I am very very satisfied, I've been raving about them and also recommending them to everybody, also I got some great deals with the promotion codes, I will definitely shop with them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Prepared photo books in advance of Black Friday. When I got to my cart on Black Friday I noticed my price had gone up more than previously. I went to manage the promotions (which is tiny and hard to find) and only when I removed all promotions did my cart actually reach a lower price. I contacted Shutterfly about this deception, and they said it was because the site-wide price was cheaper than the promotion, hence the reason the promotion being about 30% higher than without it. This seems to me like false advertising, especially since a lot of promotions are applied automatically from plugins. Make sure you know what you are paying for by checking manage promotions before you check out.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Beware: undisclosed shipping fees to Canada. I got a surprise bill from FedEx on a shipment of cards from Shutterfly. I'm sure it's somewhere in the fine print, but it should have been made more clear on checkout. Won't be using that service again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Well, as much as I like Shutterfly quality and products, it cause so much pain to upload the pictures onto their website. It crashes, takes forever and can be so frustrating. I tried to address the issue with their tech support but in 5 years nothing was really done. And this problem is not on my end (I upload pictures with the similar to Shutterfly companies with no problem). SHutterfly, everything is good, but technical support is a big disappointment. Most of my albums had to be uploaded twice because your website crashes right in the middle of the session. Do something with it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Ordered several customized picture puzzles. The frustration in getting the order correct was very frustrating. Did not receive all of my order so when I contacted customer service it took 30 minutes to understand the missing items. I was finally assured they would be shipped out (2 items) right away. Received a confirmation email a shipment was coming but with only 1 item and no notification about the other item. Called again and after 48 minutes on the phone could not get an answer and only a response, "I am sorry. I am having technical difficulties". Quality of what I received was okay but not worth the hassle.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I've ordered from this company a few times, and every order has had an issue. Whether photos being cropped, missing or sized wrong. I made an order recently and most of the items were completely missing. Save yourself some aggravation and go with another company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I ordered my Christmas cards the end of October. They promised I would have them 11/11. On 11/11 I received a notice that due to production order-my cards were not printed. I was told that they would ship in 3-5 business days - and they would notify me when shipped. 5 Days later I called - had to talk to 2 different people and neither could find out what happened to my order. They re-ordered the cards on 11/18 and put in overnight shipping. On 11/19 I received a notice that only my card liners had shipped. I called customer service to ask why only my liners were shipped and the agent agent assured me that they NEVER ship the liners without the cards and the envelopes. She said everything would be delivered together by the 20th.

The morning of the 20th - I received an email stating that due to a production error - my cards were not printed. An hour later I received on the card liners. No envelopes - no cards. I called customer service yet again - and they insisted that my order was delivered. I explained that only my envelope liners were delivered and she just kept insisting that my order was delivered. I have followed up with my credit card company. The worst customer service I ave experienced bar none.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I ordered holiday cards from Shutterfly and the logo they printed on my cards was several times larger than the font they used to print my name. Come on -- who runs the company? The Grinch? It seems like this is the epitome of greed and it seems ridiculous for the company to prioritize their advertisements higher than the person sending the holiday greetings. Very, very, very tacky. Shutterfly will not reprint the cards without their logo and you cannot opt out (with a price increase) to remove their logo.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I have tried for 3 weeks to make a book, My pictures are” frozen” as it is uploading 8,000 pictures. My entire photo library and because it was a mobile device, they cannot stop the upload. At this rate it will take 2 months! Help is located in the Philippines, so major problems cannot be solved via the phone. Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. I will switch to another company.

Shutterfly Company Information