WW (Weight Watchers)

Weight Watchers Reviews

About WW (Weight Watchers)

Formerly known as Weight Watchers, WW sells memberships that include online tracking, in-person meetings and one-on-one personal coaching. The app helps you track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and locate support within the online community. It also offers SmartPoints and FitPoints programs to help dieters stay on track.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • SmartPoints Budget System
  • Digital WW app tracks progress
  • Personal support
Cons
  • In-person aid not always available
  • Most meals must be prepared at home

WW (Weight Watchers) Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WW (Weight Watchers)?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WW (Weight Watchers)?
    Profile pic of the author.
    Online & App

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

WW takes your money and gives you no grace period. The app does not work well, the program cannot even look up easy words. When I spoke to someone about canceling, they pretty much told too bad, it is going to deduct until January of 2024. I will never use WW again. 20 years ago they were much better but now they are just money hungry and steal money out of your account for a service that they don't provide.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

I signed up for WW not realizing I was committing to 6 months. Life got in the way, and I am not able to attend any meetings. I never once used any service, and WW refuses to stop charging me. Their argument is, "You should have paid attention when you signed up, we can legally take your money, so we will." What a disgusting, self-serving organization. They are supposed to be helping people who obviously have eating issues, yet they don’t care at all. They just want your money. Every month I see that charge, I get a little sickened. Shame on you, WW.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2023

This company has a very old and good reputation, however, they put you on auto-renew, and, when it renews, it is typically for 3 to 6 months at a time. You cannot get a refund once they start billing, or re-start billing. They do not send notifications that they are re-booting your billing, either. As far as the "new" program goes: The points system makes little sense and I found it to be not effective. You can think of calories as "points" just as well as the WW system and keep control of your weight in a much more efficient manner - no charge.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed March 7, 2023

I couldn’t cancel this fast enough after sign up, and first look at the program. It lists groups of foods that are zero points - but never could find the recipes or supposed community support they advertised. There was no how-to or guidance on the program, and no explanation where the advertised resources are. Even the billing was sketchy on what you’d be charged but I was able to dig that out (it wasn’t clearly stated - that should be looked into by the US attorney general). Within 30 minutes I decided to cancel. Per their terms, I had a right to within 3 days without any charges. It does state that clearly. I requested immediate cancellation and a deletion of my account data. According to my emails, it’s cancelled for the day after I signed up, which to me says I won’t be charged anything (my first month was no charge).

You simply don’t advertise services that you can’t find. They didn’t even have a walk thru on the features like water or health tracking - other things you’re supposed to do. I'm glad I cancelled. I suggest others keep looking. WW has lost all their communication and customer service which before, with community recipes, is why so many joined. There are free apps if you want to log your food and not count the nine groups they say are free. I wanted to get recipes to learn how to keep my weight off. Used to once you met your goal you were allowed to stay and maintain. That benefit is gone too. I know many who left because of that one change. The company seems to no longer care. They seem to only want people who sign up and maybe forget they have a subscription. Deplorable.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2022

I purchased a lifetime membership at a great price. Unfortunately, 18 months later, I was a victim of credit card fraud and was given a new credit card number. As it happens, I had forgotten to update some automatic payments and the companies I dealt with were understanding and reversed any fees or reinstated my membership immediately. Weight Watchers had absolutely no understanding and said that they had no ability to reinstate my membership at the lifetime membership rate I had purchased. I went through my inbox and junk email to see if there were any emails regarding this; but, I have nothing, yet a weight watchers representative said that they had.

I find it very hard to believe that a company this large does not have the ability to reinstate a membership. I was completely willing to pay for the missed payment and give them my new credit card number; but, it was met with no understanding. The offer they presented was almost double what I was paying and it would only last for 6 months. This is terrible customer service, in my opinion.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2022

69 year old, 6'4" 260 pound male who joined online WW program 5 years ago. Two years ago, I set a goal to get to my high school weight (195 lbs). Combined WW w/6 days a week workout program (weightlifting 3 days/Jogging 3 days). Achieved my goal in 6 months and reached 195 lbs, and have since, settled in nicely at 205. Waist dropped from 42" to 36". Chronic morning back pain disappeared. Could not have lost the weight with either WW or exercise program alone. Everyday tracking of calories (points) was critical in opening my eyes to how much I honestly could eat to meet my goal.

I quickly learned that in order to have my nightly "reward" G&T (6 points of a daily 31 point allotment) I was going to have to eat fewer points for other meals. Exercising 6 days a week does give you some leeway in overall daily points, but not as much as you would think while trying to drop 65 pounds. Overall, WW was critical in helping me lose my weight, and is just as critical in helping me maintain the weight loss. It has become an integral part of my everyday eating regimen. Strongly recommend WW if you're struggling with weight and overall health issues.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2022

Weight Watchers was just a couple of words to me in the past...that's until my wife got me interested in it. Well...I went on this "purple plan". For over 40 years, I've had a hell of a time trying to lose weight. Every one of my old pictures show me with a gut. And I just couldn't take it anymore...I started on this WW purple plan with the help of my wife and that was the end of my weight issue! I lost 30 lbs+ and I never put it back on. Currently, in my 60's, I'm in the best shape of my life!

I havent tried any other WW plans besides the purple. It worked for me because it allowed me to eat "any" type of food which I desired as long as I didn't exceed my 16 points a day..."so it does take a bit of will power". WW makes buying the right types of foods a breeze because of their food points program on my wife's cellphone. You can scan the bar code on any type of food in the grocery store and it'll state the "points value" per serving. I can then use this information towards my food intake management program every day... I absolutely think this WW plan is phenomenal and would recommend it to anybody who wants to lose weight. Thank you so much to Weight Watchers...!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2022

I have been a Weight Watchers lifetime member since the 80's. Unfortunately I had to return. I returned to my goal weight in 2019 and remained at goal through the pandemic. WW permanently shut down the WW studio I attended. As a Lifetime member at goal, you did not pay unless you were over goal weight. When they shut down in person meetings/studio, they offered online meetings. I chose not to attend. Then WW decided they would change their policy and require you to sign in and report your weight despite lifetime status. They then charged my Credit Card for not signing in and recording my weight. When I caught on to this scam I called and cancelled my membership with a live representative, who apparently did not cancel my membership. I asked for a refund for the charges and was told a manager would contact me. Surprise they never did. However now they claim a manager contacted me via voice mail.

They did not charge me for a couple months after I canceled May 2021. Then in October 2021 they decided they needed to resume charging me the monthly fee. When I called they said they had no record of me canceling and couldn't explain why they didn't charge me for 5 months but resumed for 6 months. They are now saying they can't help me from 2020 because I didn't return their voicemail. It is unfortunate because the program is great, however the management is very poor.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2022

I cancelled WW 9 months ago. Clicked on the cancel link and never gave it another thought. They simply refunded one month and continued to charge me for 9 months. Refused to refund all. Could not replicate email confirmation.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2021

I joined WW many, many years ago and I thought it was a great program until recently. They always try to launch a new program to entice people to join. Normally when they do this they make sure all their customers have access to the new program via all accessible vehicles customers use. Well, that did not happen with the new launching of their program recently. They updated their program for vehicles of cellphones and tablets and did not update the program for customers who only have access to desktop and laptop computers only. Everyone does not have a cellphone or tablet and they don't care. I reached out to this company regarding this problem and they basically told me nothing will be done to ensure this level of customers will be updated so we can have access to the program we are paying for.

So, you are not able to access every aspect of the program we are entitled to as paying members. The new program is flawed as long as they take this type of attitude. This is also very unethical to charge for services that are not being rendered to all customers. I am so disappointed that WW does not care and should have updated this program for every vehicle their customers utilize to access the program. Angry and disappointed customer.

Debra

I agree with you. I am leaving WW.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2021

I joined for the third time in my life. Each plan was different, but this last time, I was succeeding on the Green plan starting April 2021. As I was nearing goal with 5-6 lbs to go, they initiated the Personal Points Plan, initially dropping me 9 daily points. They do not allow continuation on my old plan to complete my arc of success. This new plan is vastly different & not the effort to change at this point in my weight reduction. I am paying just to log my daily foods. Nothing more. This is ridiculous and they’ve lost me as a customer.

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Maybe WW works for some, but it did not for me, and the price to discover that was exorbitant with a $67 early cancellation fee! They switched the entire program right after I started and didn't advise me how to track activity without a cell phone. I tried to explain that due to carpal tunnel, I have limited mobile use. I have a PC but there was no way to enter activity there at all. I will never make the mistake of joining WW again!

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2021

I cancelled my WW plan as I was not using it. I received a single email that said they were giving me one month free. Nowhere in this email did it say you were UNDOING YOUR CANCELLATION. So I clicked ok. Then I get billed for $29.95 the following month. Mind you, I did not use it at all. They said after I clicked ok I was supposed to get an email that said I was back on the hook for the following month at $29.95, I did not. When calling the same day they charged me, knowing I would not be using the plan, they refused to refund my $29.95 and made me cancel yet again. But they are keeping my money. Paypal would not refund it either when I cancelled it. I did lose weight originally, but it stopped working and I cancelled. Be careful and aware they are unfriendly when you ask for a refund. They surprised me as I thought they were a legit company. My bad. Don't make the same mistake. Not worth $30 a month.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2021

After canceling a 6 mo. registration, they DOUBLED the bill after the ending date and continued to charge me the new amount even though I had called to cancel. They will not reimburse me. I will never deal with them again. They overcharged me over $210. They are a ripoff! They better send me a cancellation email, this time.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

I received no assistance with the website and when I tried to cancel my membership, they charged me $41.95. I don’t know where that number came from. I have come down with a serious illness and told them that was why I had to cancel. They charged me anyway.

Customer Service

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2021

The company does provide the usual online experience, you have access to a recipe library, and you can track what you ate every day. You can do the same thing for free basically with other online fitness trackers. I do like their recipes though. However, I tried to cancel my account, and apparently they just put it on hold, and then started charging me without letting me know. I didn't notice on my August statement, but saw on the Sept. statement and called, and asked them to cancel and just refund Sept, and they said they never refund a dime. It turns out that they charged for Oct already too, but I don't have that statement yet. I think it was a good company at some point, but now they are totally about doing whatever it takes to make money, including ripping off their customers. DO NOT SIGN UP!

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2021

Their plan did not work and they let you have minimal amount of food. I followed their plan and gained weight. I called them 2 months ahead of time to cancel and they told me to call back on my cancellation date and I did. They had already billed me double and wanted me to wait until October to cancel. I told them no that they needed to cancel right now. They will not refund the money they stole out my account. Please be very careful with them. They are not an honest business. When it’s time to cancel make sure you inform your bank or they will surely charge you extra. I do not recommend this business to anyone.

Online & App

Reviewed June 25, 2021

I've lost 8 lbs, it's small but encouraging. Helps me to be more self-aware of my portions. I like the ease of the app and you can scan barcodes to see the number of smart points items are. Lots of great tasty recipes.

Reviewed June 25, 2021

The first 5 months I lost 35 pounds. The food you get to eat is great. Basically whatever you want. The only problem is I couldn’t lose the last 20 pounds. It’s been a year and I have kept off the weight which is great. Excellent way to diet and not a lot of money. 21.00 a month.

Reviewed June 24, 2021

I used Weight Watchers 1 time and did lose 35 lbs. but still had 60 more to go and lost interest in their way. They didn't have Vegetarian at that time. So, took classes in school on nutrition and herbology, and worked up a program of my own that worked far better along with exercises daily. I dropped 75 lbs in short time, and was able to reach my goal. Weight watchers is a good program for many, it's a group therapy, they do have their own foods as well like Jenny Craig - and many other programs. But if you understand nutrition and your body you can do better. Unless you require group therapy and that one on one to keep you honest.

Reviewed June 23, 2021

It gives you more options and is a gentle slow process to change bad habits. The commercials are bad but hey there are a lot of bad ones out there. Be sure to check your health and your Dr. before trying any weight loss program.

Reviewed June 22, 2021

I tried the Weight Watchers program several times---It always worked but I didn't. The WW plan works if you stick to it---I didn't. I lost weight when following their food plans and recommendations--but I didn't. That is why I will try again. Reading the information helps but going to the meetings helps more---you get encouragement and advice from the WW group leader and the other attendees. WW----here I come again!

Reviewed June 21, 2021

Even though I was dead set against WW for over 60 years because I thought it was a rip off I decided to join? Their plans are reasonable. The food you can eat is practically everything you would eat normally. I have been on Ww for 3 weeks and have lost 4 pounds. I enjoy my beer and wine as well as sugar reduced dessert. Yes there is always a nice steak to chow down. Like so many prejudices they are often found on an illogical foundation. I even signed up for 3 months at a great price. There is also free coaching.

Reviewed June 20, 2021

It's more of a way of life than a diet, and teaches you to be kind to yourself, manage your stress, and get healthy. It's the only plan that has worked for me. No food is forbidden; you just count the points and modify the rest of your day to stay within plan. It does require some pre-planning, but that becomes habit very quickly. It's really the only plan that promotes lifestyle changes that really work.

Reviewed June 19, 2021

I find the point system cumbersome, but the variety of recipes made available by the company and fans is helpful to make this program workable in one's daily lives. Also, the availability of snacks and the apps make this program user-friendly.

Reviewed June 18, 2021

The program is extremely easy to follow. This program is healthy and and works for all age. It is good for a lifetime. It is nutritionally balanced and works for everyone. It is a great lifestyle change.

Reviewed June 17, 2021

I love the ease and flexibility of the WW plans! Each designed to fit different needs of individuals. I chose Purple plan that includes a great variety of different kinds of foods that are free. Have a craving? Purple let’s you have it in moderation with no guilt afterwards!! Fruit, potatoes, meats, you have a plethora of choices! Online WW is fun and easy to maneuver through with online support and several fun communities to join and share recipes. All I say is join and enjoy????

Reviewed June 16, 2021

WW's new program is very easy to follow. I lost 20 pounds during the pandemic (when most people gained weight) and never felt hungry or deprived. I still enjoy things like ice cream, cake and wine. I just adjust the rest of my eating to accommodate those foods. I have been maintaining this weight for quite a while now. I recommend this diet very highly, mainly because you can eat regular food and do not have to buy products from them. The meetings are very worthwhile and so is the required monthly weigh ins.

Reviewed June 15, 2021

This program allows you to eat whatever you want. Fish, poultry and eggs counts as zero points in the Blue plan, so you can load up on proteins and eat less carbs. Vegetable and fruit are also zero points.

Reviewed June 14, 2021

WW let you eat regular food that you are making for the family, allows for eating out just to stay in Boundaries. Let’s you exercise how you like when you like. I feel it works good for a whole family including children.

WW (Weight Watchers) Company Information