WW (Weight Watchers)
3.65/5

Weight Watchers

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

WW is Weight Watchers Reimagined, a proven weight loss program founded in the 1960s. Their membership includes online tracking, in-person meetings, and one-on-one personal coaching. WW is focused on improving overall health, not just weight. Their app helps track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and find support within the online community. They also offer a SmartPoints and FitPoints program so members can start earning and stay on track.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

WW (Weight Watchers) Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I was a long time WW member and cancelled because the $20/month was not worth the money because I wasn’t using the app. One or two months after cancelling I received a nice email from WW from the Chief Science Officer which addressed me as a “member of our extended family” and offered me 3 months free if I rejoin. So I read the nice letter and clicked the “I’m in!” Link to restart my membership. Well after a few weeks I decided it's not for me because I need a more stricter eating plan. I have Insulin Resistance and really need to control and count my fruit intake- but all fruit is “free” zero point food on WW. So I decided on another weight loss plan that helps me keep track of all carbs for now.

So after 3 weeks of not using the WW plan I decided to cancel- and was charged $64.95 for early cancellation! The email was totally misleading- it offered “3 months free”. If 3 months are free, why am I charged $64.95 in less than a month because I realized the plan isn’t for me? I called and spoke with a rep and a supervisor and had no success in waiving or refunding the cancellation fee. The supervisor named Precious said I should dispute the charge with my bank but they have absolutely no way of refunding my money. She gave me a case id number to give my bank to get a refund. Obviously in telling me to dispute the charge, WW KNOWS that they just scammed me! I think it is so unfair and bad business practice! I was just suckered out of $65 for nothing. I got nothing! Very misleading and tricky to lure former members out of more money!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Christen, we are sorry to hear of your experience and frustration and we would love the opportunity to look at your account. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to assisting you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Today for second time I tried to cancel WW subscription by phone and I can not believe that it was not effective the first time and now they say that I have to pay an additional fee of 64 dollars. I will have to ahead and cancel my credit card. I am very disappointed.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Rocio, we are sorry to hear of your experience and we would love the opportunity to assist you. A member of our Resolution Team will be reaching out to you here. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

My dad sent me a link to join for what seemed like a free trial. They could have been more clear that it was NOT a free trial, but instead a membership with the first month free. When cancelling, it gave me the option to pay $40 to cancel now or to pay $20 per month for two more months before cancelling, so $40 either way. I know it’s not much, but I just got a house and am paying an expensive mortgage. I’m not in a place where I can waste money unnecessarily like this. I used this system for less than two weeks, and it wasn’t for me (I’m too busy with work and school to try to keep track of everything I eat, especially the food I cook that’s harder to account for). I shouldn’t have to pay anything. I’m over it. Beware!!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Lauren, thanks for reaching out and for sharing your concerns with us. We would love the opportunity to take a look at your account. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to assisting you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I used WW online. I have been trying for months to extricate myself from WW, but every month they take another $24.95 from my iTunes account. I called again today and was finally told that there is language in what I agreed to that has a required minimum term to be completed—even though the pricing was specifically for a month to month plan! Sneaky, underhanded, lousy customer treatment. But ultimately my fault—lesson is that I need to read what I sign. Underhanded.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Hi Brian, we appreciate you for reaching out. A member of our Resolution Team will be in touch shortly. We look forward to assisting you.

--WW Resolution Team--

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I went to cancel my membership on the first day I was billed. They would not refund for the month. I called, talked to 3 supervisors. One said they are not obligated to give a refund, the next said because of why I'm cancelling they can't give me a refund and the last said she would rather lose me as a member for life than give me a refund. This was all because I said I was leaving because I got a trainer. I would suggest trying other plans that are more customer service focused.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are sorry to hear you have canceled your account and that your experience was less than great, Brad. A member of our Resolution Team will be reaching out to you shortly to help. We look forward to assisting you.

--WW Resolution Team--

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WW (Weight Watchers)?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My teenage daughter signed up for a free month of WW, and did not realize she had only 5 days to cancel before she would be billed. We called WW on day 7, but they would not let her cancel without paying the $65! cancellation fee. WW should show a lot more flexibility, given these circumstances. They seemed uninterested in helping us and advised us to take it up with our bank.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate you for reaching out to us, Gail. We would love the opportunity to look into this and see how we can help. A WW Resolution Team Specialist will send you a message shortly. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I only used the online app to keep track of my daily intake and lost about 35lbs in 6 months. It’s easy to use and you can connect with friends to help with motivation. It was the easiest thing I’ve ever done to lose weight. It's not a diet; it’s a change in the way you prepare your food and the way you think. It’s a lifestyle!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I lost 80lbs on WW eating normal foods. Weight loss stayed for 7years with maintenance. Now I am 40 years older and it's much harder to lose weight.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Weight watchers may work for the obese but if you only need to lose 10-15 pounds, changing eating habits is not enough. Needs to be more well rounded.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback, Gabriela. If you have any questions please let us know. Best of luck on your wellness journey!

--WW Resolution Team--

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was close to 410 lbs. I started following the guidelines and going to the meetings. Being with others who were experiencing the same as yourself made it easier to share. I lost 100 lbs, the first 10 months. I have lost more weight but I had the gastric bypass.

WW (Weight Watchers) Company Information