1.99/5
Based on 97 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Jenny Craig program is designed to provide structure and support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off.

Jenny Craig’s program provides nutritionally-balanced menus, which include nearly 80 delicious entrees, desserts and snacks developed by dietitians, nutritionists, and food technologists.

Jenny Craig consultants work with each member individually to identify their strengths, challenges and personal goals in order to create unique weekly meal and activity plans that fit individual needs.

A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 20, 2018

123 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2018

Jenny Craig member since 2010 and maintained my membership over the years in case I needed it. This is my 3rd successful weight loss (24 lbs) on Jenny Craig and this time it's for keeps - I plan on continuing lunch breakfast with dinners on my own, and weekly appointments to stay on track. I'm 56 years old and my health demands that I keep it off.

Pros: Eat what is planned and you will lose weight. I hear friends complain that Jenny "didn't work" for them. That's because they put food in their mouth that increased their daily calories over 1500. It's not rocket science, and it's not the fault of the program. The food is tasty. I dispute some reviewers' assertions about unhealthy ingredients. Their food has less sodium, less fat, and more protein than Lean Cuisine and other frozen foods. In 17 years I've only had one counselor that shouldn't have a job interacting with other human beings. All of them over the years have been good or better than good. We talked about the emotional component to eating, life stressors, etc., and I was always encouraged. It feels like visiting a friend and getting good advice.

Cons: The company appears to be caught in a perpetual cycle of cannibalizing itself to cut corners instead of investing in solutions that put the customer first. Seems like a no-brainer, but the customer still seems to be the lowest priority. It's a recipe for the end of a decades-old company. No one answers the phone at the center because the company is so consumed with cutting corners, they force some centers' employees to work 3 hours, close the center, then return some hours later to finish the day. It's a struggle to get an appointment that works for me, and no one I know, commuting any significant distance, could maintain this schedule as an employee. My last counselor was absolutely amazing, but she had a life, and couldn't hang around and do errands for 3 hours in the middle of every shift. What other employer does this???

Since 2010 they've consistently reduced portion sizes. For example, the French toast was recently revamped. Previously, 3 full toast halves - Now, three toast halves that average only about 3 inches wide, so they're not really halves anymore, and the meal has 30 less calories (210) than the original (240). Where is the decreased caloric content compensated for on the menu? I now cook a full apple (sliced) with cinnamon to add bulk so I'm not starving by 10 am. You will not feel full unless you add your vegetable or fruit serving to your meal.

A lot of customers eat the frozen entrée and wonder why they're starving after two hours. There are several tricks and tips I learned over the years that I wish would be communicated more: example - spray a saucepan with nonstick oil (no calories) and sauté zucchini, or peppers, or mushrooms and fold them into your frozen entrée. The fiber and bulk keep me full until my next meal. Bottom line: It works, but you must pay and pay and pay while they cut, cut, cut the convenience and value to the customer.

Hi Elle,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you have been successful on Jenny Craig! Our menus follows strict nutritional guidelines to ensure our clients are getting the proper nutrients while still maximizing their weight loss.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2018

I recently rejoined Jenny Craig after reading a publicity saying that I could rejoin for free and get $200.00 of food. I have had good results in the past so I thought it was a good idea. On my first appointment I let the person in charge know that I would prefer a vegetarian menu. I then realize the choice of food is very limited and I will have to repeat a lot of the food during the same week. I decided that in that case I would make a few changes to my menu. I am told only 3 changes are possible. Also I have to order absolutely everything that is in the weekly menu, snacks and desserts included if I want to get my discount, $17.00. The $200.00 are actually divided in several weeks. This was only disclosed after I had made my food order.

When I go back to my next appointment I realize the discount is only applied if I order the full menu, all snacks and desserts included. Since it is so expensive, I like to get my own snacks and desserts and save some money. I do not get the discount. Anyway, once home I find out I am given items I did not order. I call to complain and leave a message. Nobody returns my call. I had to call back the next day and I am told that being out of the items I ordered, I was given something else. This without consulting me. Jenny Craig has changed, portions are even smaller than they were, technicians, at least the one in charge of the center I go to, totally unprofessional. I am so disappointed.

Hi Carol,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to have a Manager follow up with you to address your concerns. We are going to private message you for more information.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 5, 2018

I ordered food on the Rapid Results. However apparently it’s wasn't the “right” food so my “consultant” instead of just working with what I got proceed to basically couldn’t help me. I thought this program was to help support and when you actually support someone Jenny Craig you work around the obstacles of that person!!! Thank you for wasting a good $300 and not helping me!!! I could have used the money for an actual weight loss company that could actually HELP ME!!!

Hi Jamie,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to have a Manager contact you to help resolve this issue. We will private message you for more information.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2018

I am a new client who enrolled in Rapid Results with my first shipment arriving Friday, April 20. I was told I could cancel the second shipment within three business days if the program was not suited for me. I did try the product and was not happy with the quality of the food, which I had no choice in selecting. Several of the packages were opened when they arrived (wrappers) and many of the items included items I don’t eat (pork, beef, onions, spices). The quality of the food was not what I expected as I am accustomed to eating fresh, healthy food and the meals were processed, frozen and resembled frozen TV dinners.

I have made every attempt to cancel the second shipment by calling customer service four times, corporate office twice, and emailing three times since Monday, April 23. The supervisor who finally called back today indicated I would be charged a $99.00 cancellation fee, which I was not made aware of. It is imperative that consumers are fully informed of contractual obligations when making important purchasing decisions. It should never be assumed that the consumer is fully aware of those guidelines. It is false advertising and notification. Had I realized this cost, I would not have enrolled in this program as the representative knew I was very hesitant to enroll as you have no clinics within an hour and 20 minutes of my work and home.

To date, not one person from their Corporate offices has contacted me to remedy this concern and cancel my membership. I have also filed a consumer complaint against Jenny Craig today after no resolution. I would advise anyone interested in this plan to steer clear of this company. They are slick at selling the product on the front end but it is the worst customer service I have experienced from a company in over ten years.

Hi K.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to look into this situation and have a Manager contact you. We will private message you requesting more information.

Thank you for allowing us to look into this.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: April 4, 2018

Expensive. Personal coach only ask; "are you drinking enough water?" Food is medium at best. Profit-driven. FB groups (owned by administrators and treated like they are a cult - do not question) do not allow any negative type question if perceived as such. Had emergency and could not continue but took my monthly amount for full year (after complaint the site; not corporate would refund only 2 months). Corporate is no help whatsoever; refers back to the individual site you originally signed up at. Go off the diet and bam; weight comes back like a storm. So you really must stay on it for life. Can you afford that? Discounts (I had one via my job) are very difficult to get applied and not as much as what it was supposed to be per my job information. Overall; do it yourself with frozen meals and lots of vegetables. Weigh your self once a week.

Hi Chris and Glenda,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about you're experience. We'd like to have someone reach out to you regarding your experience. We will send you a private message to follow up.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks again,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I just started back on Jenny Craig as of today and I was reading the ingredients in the foods, most are not gut or IBS friendly at all which is probably why so many people seem to have digestive issues when eating this food. Ingredients like fructose and sugar alcohols are not healthy for anyone with or without IBS, also whey protein is a much better option than soy. I would love to see Jenny Craig come out with a low fodmap menu plan.

Jenny Craig response

At Jenny Craig we are developing new foods without using artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners. We seek to emphasize healthy ingredients while minimizing added sugar, sodium, and saturated fat. Thank you again for your feedback.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 24, 2018

I tried Jenny Craig about a year ago. When I first signed up I was very motivated and loved it. My coach was great and I looked forward to seeing her. About a month in, she left the location. The coaches who were left were less than desirable. One girl constantly gave a nasty attitude. If I ever called to change the appointment it was a huge problem for her. When I had to see her because there wasn’t many workers in there her advice would be “could you work out this week?” “What can you do to do better this week?” Not sure how this counts as health advice.

When I ordered my foods she would say things like “wow that’s a lot of chocolate muffins!”. Was not happy with her so I purposely avoided making appointments with her. Found an older, more genuine female coach there. However an archaic way of thinking. One time my weigh in was at around 1 PM in the afternoon and she told me “try not to eat anything before!”. WHAT kind of advice is that??? To go all morning and eat nothing just so a number on the scale can be a little lower? I thought I was done then but I went back another time. I expressed to her how I was really overeating prepackaged microwaved meals. I told her I love cooking and it was really difficult for me to stick with this. Her answer? “It’s only temporary until you lose more weight. You just have to stick it out with the things you don’t like.” Okay I was done here.

How could I be constantly unhappy with the food I’m putting in my body? My last issue is they would not let me order and buy food without weighing in. Gave me grief whenever I asked for that. I’m sorry but aren’t I the one paying for this? That was my large problem with my particular coaching experience. HOWEVER anyone looking to lose weight or eat healthier I would not recommend this diet. I have tried everything, really. First of all I hate the microwave, it’s a cancer box. All your meals have to be microwave prepared. If you want to stick them in the oven you are waiting a long time for every small meal. The food is OK tasting. It gives you SUCH little wiggle room. With this kind of restrictions you’re better off just going on a diet yourself and eating Whole Foods while being restrictive.

The other downside is the price. You pay a monthly fee and your food costs about $200 for every week!!! I buy food for the house as well so this was not sustainable for me. I lost around 10 pounds on Jenny and quickly. However I would not do it again. The first month I was on it I was raving about it. That quickly changed. I am now on WW and having much more success in a much more SUPPORTIVE environment. Food options are greater and a healthier lifestyle is taught much better.

Jenny Craig response

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We want all Jenny Craig members to feel comfortable and supported by their Jenny Craig Consultants. We ask that you please report the details of your experience to our Jenny Care team so we may address it properly. We can be reached at 1-800-JennyCare(536-6922).

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been a Jenny Craig client since 2007. I successfully lost 75 pounds on the program. Since my initial weight loss, have gone back periodically when I’m up 20 pounds, which happens every couple of years or so. My complaint is about Jenny Craig’s price increase to renew my program on an annual basis, and their process for renewals. I have to keep on top of my own renewal, there are no reminder noticed or a phone call to remind me that my program is up for renewal. In addition, the cost to renew is now $69! Quite an increase from $39, which I paid to renew the first several years. They should notify faithful clients about the increase in cost to renew at least 60 days prior to renewal. It’s just common courtesy!

Hi Abel,

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for being a long time Jenny Craig client. This increase is the first increase for your program type in several years. We provide all of our clients with their expiration date and next renewal date so they may keep track of this information. We can also give you a copy of your Service Agreement that has the program dates for your safe keeping if you'd like on your next visit.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have been on Jenny Craig three times since 2015. I was very successful the first time. I just started my third round this past Tuesday. I’m curious though, each time I’ve started the program, the same day I start, I have to void and have bowel movements right away, the first day! Now I know that at the beginning with any weight loss you lose water retention but it usually occurs within the first week not the same day you start. What is in the product that stimulates your kidneys and bowels so quickly? And is it safe?

Hi Cindy,

We don't add any stimulants to our products. What you experienced could be related to an increase of fiber and a reduction in sodium. If you continue to experience any bowel issues please call our Jenny Care Team at 1-800-Jenny Care(536-6922).

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 8, 2018

There are a lot of negative comments about Jenny Craig here... Does the company really listen? I did Jenny Craig back in the early 2005. I did lose weight within 3 months and was very happy, until they changed something with the menus and I was eating more fruit and more vegetables to volumize. But the calories ended up being a lot more and I stopped losing weight. I was not happy with their new system. Now I want to go back and I was told, by phone that they'd give me a discount on the food for returning. When I called the clinic, itself the consultant didn't know what I was talking about. It cost over 700 dollars a month to be on Jenny Craig; isn't this a bit extreme???

People; look up on the computer how many calories you should eat per day to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. It's not rocket science; keep your money in your own pocket. I regained my weight after returning to my own foods; Jenny Craig does not help you to keep off your weight. It doesn't teach you anything. I can't believe you can't even substitute your meals, or say no to their deserts. I was told you have to eat what's on the menu but what if you're diabetic and can't eat their desserts... Something very wrong, very unhealthy with this program. I will not join again... I will keep my money in my own pocket and not Jenny Craig's.

Jenny Craig response
Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to clear up some misconceptions.
Jenny Craig is a comprehensive weight management plan that helps our clients lose weight by following structure and routine. Our goal is to help every client maximize their weight loss while learning behavior changes that lead to a healthier lifestyle.Jenny Craig Consultants are there for you from the moment your start your journey and continue to support you after you meet your goal with our Maintenance Program.

Thank you.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have been a member of Jenny Craig for a while (inactive for a period). I went into the location, met with the consultant, was given the menu & wanted to substitute some items out (as I have done in the past) as seafood etc. I have never eaten & it was like pulling teeth & substituting is no longer allowed. I feel if I am spending $100.00 + per week, I should be able to pick as long as I eat their food. Secondly, I decided I would renew my membership. I called on February 26, 2018, was quoted a renewal price & called back 4 days late March 2, 2018 & the price had gone up & my current membership has not expired yet. Maybe I won't renew. Too many restrictions now!!

Hi Stephanie,

Our Planned Menus are designed to help you maximize your weight loss. More than three substitutions can negatively impact your weight loss. We have several different menu options available and our Consultants can help work with you to find the right menu without impacting the efficacy of the Program.

Our offers do change often. Our Jenny Care team help you get restarted for no cost right now. 1-800-536-6922.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I’m in week 3 and down 10 lbs, 27 to go!! Food is good and counselor stays in touch, friendly and knowledgeable! Food orders come within 6 days! I need structure, plans and I need my food to measured out as to not overeat. The food is so easy to pack for the day which makes it so easy to just take with you wherever you go. I am never hungry. I do not crave sweets (and I’m a sugar addict). I find drinking my water is so easy! I feel better, I sleep better, more energy. I have done Nutrisystem and the food was horrible. Lasted 4 days. Couldn’t do it! I give Jenny 2 up.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Rejoined Jenny Craig in mid-late Jan. 2018 after moderate success in 2010. Had to quit in 2010 due to job loss. Fast forward to 2018 -- rejoined because of mobility issues. I realized that it took a long time for me to put on the weight and it would take a long time to get rid of it. I started "Rapid Results." I've since discovered that the consultant did not explain it to me correctly. Once I understood it, I found it too prescriptive and asked to be put on a different plan. Just finished my sixth "meeting" with my consultant, who once again hurried me through the meeting because she told me that she had a new client to meet with after me.

I've lost four pounds so far. I also know from previous diets that I lose weight extremely slowly and I take various medications that could affect my metabolism. But, before I went today, I weighed myself at home and was surprised to see that I had "lost" four pounds. When I was weighed at the center, their scale registered a .4 pound loss. I told my consultant about the difference. I asked her if their digital scale needs to be reset. She said that it doesn't. I also discovered at this meeting that last week's consultant had given me the wrong meal plan.

When I was on Jenny Craig in 2010, the meal plans enabled you to pick and choose what you wanted to purchase and the consultants offered you guidance and encouragement. The current Jenny Craig program doesn't allow for any deviation from the plan. Additionally, the consultants don't tell you there are different Jenny plans that you can participate in. Finally, you don't know how much their food items cost. My weekly Jenny bill is about $150 plus fruits, vegetables and yogurt. I've decided not to go back based on my experiences with this Jenny center, although I have a lifetime membership that I bought in 2010.

Hi Maura,

Thank you for reporting your concerns. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service and being there for our clients. We'd like to have a Market Director follow up with you in regards to your experience. We have sent you a private message requesting your contact info.

Looking forward to speaking soon.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Joined in 2009, lost weight approx 48 pounds! My consultant then let me pick and choose meals and substitute my own meals in. We kept constant track of calories, sodium activity. Life happens and I gained weight back! My first consultation went well and I told her about my first time. Today the next consultant would not let me even discuss adding or substituting? I was ready to purchase some food products but she wanted me on whole program. Guess Jenny doesn’t want some of my money. Only all!!!

Hi Rosie,

At Jenny Craig our structure and routine builds healthy habits, and our Planned Menus are an important component of the program. We value helping our clients meet their goals; Planned Menus are designed to help you maximize your weight loss and get the best results.

Thank you for your feedback. Should you need any other assistance please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-JennyCare (536-6922).

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have decided Jenny Craig is not worth it. If I didn’t have to spend time talking to the consultants I would consider buying the food. However the consultants do not tell me anything I don’t already know. Listening to them tell me the same thing over and over is enough to put me to sleep. I can also tell they want to make sure they get that expensive food order in. Of course the more food you buy the more money they make. I have gone to the Jenny Craig Center and over the phone. Over the phone is a joke. Really? They are only happy if you have lost weight and stuck to the program... so all you have to do is tell them what they want to hear. Yes, if you stick to the program, like any diet, you can lose weight. The food's not bad, however the weekly meetings are horrifying. If they change their policy and decide to let me buy the food without having listening to one of their consultants every week. I will be happy to place many orders.

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for your feedback. We value helping our clients work towards a healthier lifestyle and our Consultants help our clients stay accountable and on track throughout their journey. We understand you may not want to partake in consultations, please give our Customer Support team a call if you'd like to inquire more about ordering food on online.

Thank you again for your review and feedback.

-Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I just started this program. Tomorrow will be my third week, this food is making me sick. Last night I woke with horrible pain in my stomach, something that has never happened before, only when I was in labor. Lol. Also a lot of money??? For bad food! So far I've lost 6 & 1/2 lbs. Don't think I can handle much more. Stay away. There are healthy ways to lose, like maybe a nutritionist. For the people who wrote great reviews, not sure I can believe, maybe they work for JC.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This is my second time at Jenny Craig. The first was in 1991, I lost 38 lbs in 8 weeks. This time I've lost 15 lbs in 17 days so far. All these people whining about the food quality and size are not really committed to losing weight. If you follow what they tell you to do and eat the food that you're supposed to eat there's no way you won't lose weight. Yes, the food is more expensive than McDonald's but then again you are getting balanced meals, low calories and control fat and carbs. Obviously that's not what you were getting in your previous diet on your own. If you can muster a little self control you will succeed. I have nothing but great things to say about the Jenny Craig system.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I order chicken fettuccine and got my order this last weekend. Twice, this week, the containers came out of the package in one piece. When I took it out of the microwave I didn't notice that one side of the container was missing and not to be found anywhere and so I must have ingested it. This happened again today and now I'm afraid to try anymore. I liked this service but they're using subpar materials.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This company is awful. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM! The food is barely edible. The portions are more than tiny. It is expensive. You do not lose the weight. Customer service is nasty. Other than that lol it's great! They have unnecessary rules. One being you're only allowed 4 substitutions per food order! What do they care if you pay for them. They only have to pack a different item. Ridiculous! Never mind for someone dieting with crummy food to choose from. I only have 10 pounds to lose. I can only imagine what if you had to be on this program for an extended period of time. Try anything else as this program is a sad joke.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

My biggest problem, besides food price, is the change of consultants that happens every month. I just get a good feel with my consultant and then they move them around to another center and I'm back to starting all over again with a new person. I love the last consultant I had and now they moved her to another location and I feel like I don't want to do this all over again with a new person. In the last 4 months, I have had 4 different consultants. This program emphasis having someone you can talk and relate to as helping with your weight loss goal, but now does that even help when you get a new person all the time. The program does work, but I think, even though I am a life time member that it's time I do it without the Jenny Craig staff and expensive food.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I joined in January and in all honesty I thought by now I would have lost more than 20 lbs. I'm happy I've lost that much but in all honesty I think the food is my problem. I dislike more of the food than I like. I have had vomiting issues with certain foods (Chinese) and I find all of their products inconsistent. So one week I may like what's on my menu and the next week the product sucks (too much pepper or spices, veggies too much of something and none of something else). Their chocolate is crap and I've refused anything chocolate because it's a waste of calories.

I paid for a lifetime membership but I've come to the conclusion what I'm paying and what I'm getting isn't worth it. I like my consultant but really feel I'm nothing more than a number and commission. So as of today I'm doing my last week of the food and not going back. I think I can make a 1500 calorie plan that I can live with and my husband will be thrilled I'm cooking again.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Excellent experience. I have lost 50 lbs in 19 weeks. There are many good options to choose from and the meals are tasty and filling. Having a consultant to motivate you each week is a huge plus. I am pleased with the program.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have used Jenny Craig three times in my life in three different locations: Joplin, MO in 2002, Woodbridge VA in 2013 and Mount Vernon OH in 2017. All of my consultants have been amazingly supportive, genuinely concerned, and knowledgeable. Jenny is one of only two programs that consistently achieve good results, as confirmed by major public studies. Jenny Craig food tastes better than the other program according to taste tests. I have successfully lost weight after pregnancies (after weaning my babies) and no one believes how many children I have because I am slim -- but it is all due to Jenny Craig!

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've been a member for years and over time have unfortunately become dissatisfied with JC. They keep throwing out tools that work (like forms that used to fold nicely and had room to write) and discontinuing popular foods in favor of (in my opinion) cheaper ingredient items. The last straw was losing the veggie sausage with pancakes. They keep tossing out vegetarian options. If you're on a restricted diet like me, you're going to spend your money at the store when you can't buy what you want at the center. So I buy vegetarian sausage patties and a box of mini pancakes at the store instead. Like MANY others, I don't like that they don't give you a receipt showing line item pricing. That's right, you get a receipt showing the total you spent that day but not one showing what each individual item cost. Why? Why not be honest like every other organization? Could it be because they don't want you to know what you're really spending???

That said, I did lose weight with them... I've also gained it all back. And that's the problem: almost every center sees the same people year after year. I think it's because (again) the tools for aftercare just aren't there. When you reach goal, you can visit the ghost town forums online or order their old recipe books on eBay (I haven't seen any new ones) but otherwise, you're on your own. It's almost like they want you to gain weight and return. Perhaps because it costs more to get a new customer than a returning one? I just don't like going in anymore or scheduling appointments. I have felt pressure to buy and have even found--more than once--pricey items I didn't ask for magically appearing in my cart that I've rejected at the point of sale.

My guess is that the consultants are pressured to call their accounts to get to some kind of quota. The value of the consultant is a double edged sword: great for keeping you honest but they will also call you to book additional appointments (read: sales) lined up. And forget calling the "help" center. They were unhelpful, pushing everything back to the field office instead of listening.

If you want to lose weight and are willing to be creative, you can use JC as a starting point, adding things like supplements or reading weight loss articles online and books, joining an online community of others dedicated to losing weight through exercise and diet, and realize that no one "diet" can be the answer. There are some good items they offer and the entrees will teach you about portion control. Many staff members are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. But if you're not getting what you need from JC, you can find what you need elsewhere, probably for a bit less money and hassle, once you take ownership of your weight loss.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I have been with Jenny Craig for several months now. All going fine until I ate a chicken burrito last night. Extreme food poisoning within 1.5 hours. Thought I was going to die. I am going to try to get my money back. I picked out the bell peppers and one also still had the sticker on it.

Jenny Craig response

Hi Camille, we're so sorry to hear about your negative experience. We value making a difference in our clients' lives, and would like the opportunity to rectify this situation. So that we can reach you quickly to resolve these concerns, please contact us at 1-800-536-6922. You can also contact us through our website and someone will be in touch with you. http://bit.ly/ContactJennyCraig

Original review: June 7, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Jenny Craig and my consultant. If you follow the program you will lose weight. I absolutely love the food I actually crave my meals. Seasoned so well. Everything is to die for. The deserts are wonderful. My favorite is the brownie. You feel satisfied because you're not lacking anything. Only thing extra to buy is fresh fruits and yogurts unless you do their anytime bars. Only drawback is cost. It is not inexpensive. I spend around $150.00 per week at Jenny. If you can afford it you won't be disappointed. Good luck on your weight loss and enjoy.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I needed to lose weight, I am a type 2 Diabetic. I called and signed up. I was not told that the 2 year contract would be over 299.99 and 216.72 plus food. The food made me sick and my sugar got so high. The food is not good. Do not join.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I don't have a positive experience to share. The food lack taste. They tried to compensate this issue by increasing the amount of pepper and spices which took a hit on my stomach. I couldn't tolerate the amount of spices they put in their foods. In general the food had an after taste that stayed in my mouth until the next meal. I wasted a lot of money buying different foods and trashing them because of irritants to my digestion. If you need to lose weight, consider investing in a dietitian. It has worked much better for me. This way I can carry on with my busy life, eating real food and be able to take the knowledge with me during my vacation and business trips.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I went on Jenny Craig for about 6 months many years ago and yes I did lose weight however I caused major damage to my gut health due to their foods being full of preservatives and chemicals. I would never recommend the Jenny Craig program.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I made an appointment online with Jenny Craig. My appointment was at 7 PM. I arrived 20 minutes early. There was no one at the reception. Shortly after, two people came to the front desk clearly laughing and joking around. I was greeted and advised my representative would be with me at 7 PM. I sat and waited thinking my representative was busy and would be with me as soon as possible. To my surprise, Stacy was one of the two people joking and chatting. Clearly my business was not important to this office. When I was called back Stacy was unprofessional. I asked for pricing and was told, "I'm getting to that." I walked out. This office is unprofessional and in no way would I ever go back to ANY Jenny Craig.

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

The Jenny Craig system combines nutrition and physical activity with counseling, to help clients change both their lifestyles and eating habits. The program guarantees results.

• How does the Jenny Craig program work?: The goal of the Jenny Craig program is for clients to reach their desired weight levels and no longer be reliant on the program's prepackaged foods, planned menus, or consultations to maintain a healthy lifestyle. To use Jenny Craig's system, clients pay a monthly fee to be assigned a personal consultant to help them create a personalized weight loss plan. Clients then purchase pre-packaged food items from over 100 menu options, eating five Jenny Craig meals or snacks a day and one snack from a list of approved options. The meals can be purchased at local Jenny Craig retail centers or online.

• Consultation: The program offers a weekly consultant for accountability and compliance. Every week your counselor will discuss your past week's results, create an activity plan to help meet your goals, plan for upcoming events like parties or dining out, and help you choose your Jenny Craig meals for the upcoming week.

• No guesswork: Pre-packaged meals and snacks take the guesswork out of fat loss. Anyone who wants everything “spelled out” without any measuring, counting, or other sorting will appreciate this plan.

• Carbohydrates: This diet might be best for those who are not concerned about following a low-carbohydrate diet. Some of the snacks and meals are high in carbohydrates and low in fiber, potentially triggering cravings, hunger, and weight loss resistance especially in people with blood sugar issues.

• Ingredients: Many of the snacks and meals contain ingredients some dieters avoid, including enriched flour, sugar, non-fat milk, corn syrup, soybean oil, margarine and maltodextrin. While some dieters will want to avoid Jenny Craig's foods because of this, others will find the familiar ingredients and flavors help them stick to the diet over time.

• Flexibility: A choice of on-site or at-home consultation options allows the customer flexibility. Some people work better face-to-face with a counselor, while others prefer to chat online or via teleconference in the privacy and comfort of their own homes.

• Best for: seniors, college students, new moms, people with diabetes, busy adults and former athletes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin

Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information