Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company that provides personalized support to help members lose weight and keep it off. The program provides custom, one-on-one encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant every week. Jenny Craig also provides convenient, nutritionally balanced menus with more than 100 delicious, ready-to-eat menu items crafted by the company’s chefs. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight loss goals for over 30 years with its scientifically proven program.

BOTTOM LINE

Jenny Craig’s delicious, prepackaged food eliminates portion control guesswork. The cost may be high for some dieters, but the program has a proven track record of results.

PROS
  • Science-based
  • Tasty food
  • One-on-one motivational support
CONS
  • No gluten-free options
  • High cost

Top Jenny Craig Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

I really like the convenience of having the Jenny Craig menu and that I can have my meals all planned out for me. All of the meals, basically, is really good. ... I've lost over 25 pounds in a year and I've lost lots of inches.

I thought this was so easy and the food is delicious. I didn't give 5 stars only because I would like to see more choices and less expensive but overall I will do it again! Thanks to Jenny and the girls in Bluffton SC.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is Jenny Craig?

Jenny Craig has weight loss and weight management programs that promote healthy relationships with food, active lifestyles and a balanced approach to living. The Jenny Craig diet combines one-on-one personalized support with structured meal planning to achieve users’ weight loss goals. This comprehensive approach to dieting focuses on three cornerstones: food, body and mind.

The average Jenny Craig food cost is around $25 a day for three meals, two snacks and a dessert. Jenny Craig delivers meals to your door, but members can also pick up their orders at an official Jenny Craig weight loss center. While there, dieters can meet in person with a dedicated consultant to discuss their personalized meal plan and individual weight loss goals. Counselors are available by phone, video chat and text. The Jenny Craig app adds another layer of encouragement by tracking your progress and connecting you to your consultant, even when you’re on the go.

How does Jenny Craig work?

Jenny Craig members follow an individualized menu plan and meet weekly with a private counselor. All plans require you to eat six times each day. Members on the Jenny Craig Rapid Results plan do this during a 12-hour nourishment period. Menu options include spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate lava cake, pizza, cookies and pancakes.

The program boasts a 35-year history and countless success stories. A study published in Journal of the American Medical Association found that dieters using the Jenny Craig program lost three times more than those dieting on their own and had an average weight loss of 10% of their starting body weight after one year.

Jenny Craig FAQ

How much does Jenny Craig cost?
    Each full day of ready-to-go Jenny Craig food costs about $25 (plus shipping), which averages about $170 a week. This price includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. Depending on the plan you choose, your location and the time of year, a month’s worth of food can cost between $500 and $800.
    Where can you buy Jenny Craig food?
    Jenny Craig’s prepackaged menu items are available for purchase by phone or from its website. You can have your food delivered to your door, or you can pick it up at your nearest local Jenny Craig weight loss center. Snack packs, busy morning bundles and on-the-go lunches are also available through Amazon’s official Jenny Craig store.
    What kind of food does Jenny Craig have?
    Jenny Craig has balanced, nutritionist-developed meals that it prepares fresh before freezing. More than 100 breakfast, lunch and dinner items are available in addition to snacks, desserts, bars and shakes. Personalized menu options include low-carb and diabetic-friendly low-sugar plans as well as options it specially formulates for women or men.
    Does Jenny Craig have a vegetarian plan?
    Yes, Jenny Craig offers a complete vegetarian plan that includes a variety of healthy meatless meals. Consultants also provide individualized support to vegetarian members and help tailor menus to suit their specific needs.
    How much exercise does the Jenny Craig diet require?
    The Jenny Craig diet does not require exercise, but it does encourage it for the best results. Consultants can personalize a physical activity plan to fit your daily routine, and you can choose whichever exercises you prefer.
    How easy is it to follow the Jenny Craig weight loss program?
    The Jenny Craig weight loss program is relatively easy to follow, according to reviews. Getting personalized planning and one-on-one support from your consultant creates accountability and motivation that makes it possible to stick with the plan and reach your weight loss goals. Plus, the program’s prepackaged meals eliminate meal prep and make it easy to eat six times a day.
    How much weight can you lose on Jenny Craig in two weeks?
    On average, Jenny Craig members following the program lose about 1 to 2 pounds per week. Those following the Rapid Results plan often lose more.
    Is Jenny Craig healthy?
    Yes, the program’s nutritionally balanced menus come from registered dietitians, nutritionists and food technologists and follow established nutritional guidelines. Jenny Craig doesn’t use any artificial flavors. Dietary intake ranges from 1,200 to 2,300 calories per day, depending on each client’s specific weight, fitness habits and motivation level.

Does Jenny Craig work?

Yes, Jenny Craig works. It is ideal for dieters who don’t have time to cook and are motivated by one-on-one coaching. Research shows the program’s individualized support and structured meal planning helps members lose weight and keep it off. Plus, the wide variety of available meals means almost anyone can find a plan that suits their needs.

Jenny Craig Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I tried Jenny Craig for a year. I like that they work with your progress on a one-on-one basis 1x/week. All their food is delicious! The drawback for me aside from the high cost of the initial fee the food was expensive. I lost weight 1 - 2 lbs (sometimes), per week. I just didn't feel it came off fast enough. My mom joined with me and they her on on a lower calorie diet plan and she was more successful than me. I asked if I could go on her plan. They said it wasn't right for me of which I disagreed. After struggling with my weight loss feeling like they were stretching it out so I could keep going back, I stopped going.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I was hungry the entire time. The portions are tiny and the food was prepared so once you stop buying the food (which is expensive) you easily put the weight back on. There was very little personal touch. I purchased a 'lifetime' membership and they lost the paperwork and said I did not have it.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

The meals are way too expensive, and a lot of the meals are pretty bland tasting. The meals are small and not very filling. The lasagne meal was ok, and about the only thing I liked about the Jenny Craig diet.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Jenny Craig is a very good program. It shows you how to control portions and eat sensitively and healthy. Also how to prepare healthy food portion sufficient to satisfy a person and also satisfy hunger.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Ordered Rapid Results Max after seeing a TV ad. Starting to feel like that was a mistake. It didn't ship immediately, and when it did arrive it had spent nearly 6 days in transit, at which point I asked for a replacement as the frozen items were no longer frozen, and did not meet USDA recommended travel times for food items to prevent foodborne illness. It's been a pain even getting someone to respond, and feels like a relay game. The local center told me they used Doordash to send orders for $5.99 delivery. I asked customer service if my replacement order could be shipped using that, and of course nobody responds. I follow up, still no response. 10 days after ordering, I'm still waiting to even get started. Their food is pricey enough without having to make people jump through hoops to even get in touch with them. It seems like nobody on the customer service side even knows what's going on.

I probably should have known this was scammy when their website lists on the homepage "Lose up to 17 lbs in 4 weeks", then below that "Average weight loss is 13 lbs for Rapid Results Max", then on the plans page "Members lose an average of 11 lbs".... If the plan actually worked, they probably wouldn't be listing different studies and averages all over their website for the exact same plan.

Also worth noting: I haven't been able to find a single review other than here that doesn't state they were given "promotional consideration" for posting the review. Yikes. So, all in all, not thrilled so far. The rep I spoke to at my local center was really nice, but the customer service side and the overall experience of actually getting my order has been a complete disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Jenny Craig is very expensive, at this date, 12 to 20 dollars a DAY for their services. I bought a lifetime membership with Jenny Craig. They lost it, have repeatedly had to show them my evidence and in this last move, I lost that, and they still have no record of my membership, they kept nothing. They kept redirecting me to a new account despite my saying "no". I have no faith in this company anymore. I give up on them, not worth it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I ordered this food becuse I had gained so much weight staying home eating during Covid-19 lockdown. MY experience with the first customer service rep was that I was not given the correct information. Therefore, I was sent assorted meals, many of which were awful and I had to throw away. My dog did not even eat them. When I called I found out that I could pick my meals, which is what I wanted. The woman I talked with was genuine phoney, giving me all kinds of different prices. I tried to tell her I just wanted to order my own meal, she was sooooo difficult and confusing and snotty. I finally gave up. This is not a good company to help you lose weight. They have no empathy or listening skills and just try to sell you the most food they can. I DONOT RECOMMEND ANYONE GO HERE FOR COUNSELING HELP WITH WEIGHT OR TO ORDER FOOD. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I joined JC almost 2 months ago and started the program with great enthusiasm. The food taste is okay but the food is too salty, full of preservatives, and nutritiously poor! It’s expensive too, the receptionist never greets you with hello or a nice word, the “consultant“ rushes you in and out within 10 min. Some people may lose weight on this program, for me this food is unhealthy, I am also feeling sensitive to some of its ingredients, makes me feel bloated and unwell. Before you fall for great advertising, be careful, this food is not healthy!

Original review: May 29, 2020

Yes, the food is good. But I actually gained weight on Jenny Craig. And I was severely constipated. But the kicker was the poor customer service. My boxes arrived late. I did not get emails when they were coming and when I called was told to expect delays of 5-7 days due to Covid19. I think when people sign up they should be aware of this. I was on autoship specifically, because I believed they would help me get my orders on time. Also, Jenny Craig online is not the same as Jenny Craig locally, those are franchises. The franchises may provide a better experience. I canceled after a few weeks.

Jenny Craig response

Hi Tracy,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We will have a Manager reach out to you soon.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: May 6, 2020

Pros: The food is good and the diet itself is easy to follow. Cons: Not only is the food expensive, but shipping is $29.00 and orders did not arrive in a timely fashion. I also pay $19.00 membership fee so in effect I am paying $48 in addition to food costs, and am unable to get food in time. Since you primarily eat only their food, not getting the order as promised causes disruption to the diet itself. I requested that the $29.00 fee be credited to the next purchase to make up for the disruption and was told no. Customer service was not helpful and I am waiting to hear from management. I will likely be canceling membership.

Jenny Craig response

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. A Manager will be contacting you soon.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager