4.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Jenny Craig Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was on Weight Watchers at one point, I lost a lot of weight. When I was losing the weight for Weight Watchers, I had got laid off from my job, and I had time to cook. But I got frustrated on trying to figure out what I was gonna cook, and what was in it. I was reading this and I was looking at the points, and it was just too much. I work now for the Turnpike, and I’m very busy in the winter, and I need to already have something done, something I can pop in the microwave. Sometimes, I have to spend a night at my job. I plow the snow for the Turnpike, and we have to be here for days at a time. And Weight Watchers was not gonna work for that because I don’t have time to cook.

I was curious with Jenny Craig and wanted to see how the plan worked. I Googled it and made an appointment. My very first reaction a little intimidated because when I came into the office, I didn’t feel welcome. I started to turn around and go to another site because from what I saw it was only two people that was working. One was in the back with a client, and there was another person that was there in the front but they never even acknowledged me. I used to work in retail. And if I’m busy, I would acknowledge the person that’s standing next to them. You look up, you see the person, you put your head back down like the person’s not even standing there is rude. It’s very rude. But I sat there contemplating if I should stay or leave. I know I needed to do this to lose weight and Jenny Craig is the closest to my house. So I decided to stay and give it a chance.

The person that I’m working with is Stephanie. She’s been very good and very patient with me. My weight sometimes goes up and down, and she’s always been encouraging. I get a little discouraged if I go up a little, and she’d talk to me and encourage me. She would tell me maybe it was something that I’m not doing, or I’m not getting enough water. She takes that time to tell me that and try to keep me on track. And it makes me feel comfortable. But I had a problem with Lynn, the manager at the Edison office. I had to even call the headquarters because it was some issues with her, and I told them about it. I don’t know if it was ever addressed. I didn’t follow up on it.

Whenever I have to see Lynn, we’d talk about whatever’s going on with me, and that’s it. I just wanna get my good and go. One time I was there and I had a 9 o’clock appointment, but I didn’t get out of there until 12:00. But there was no one there but me and another guy. Lynn was there this particular time. She kept lying to me. I had paid extra money so that I won’t have to pay the full price, so I can get the 10%. And I asked her why was it so much? I never paid that much money before. She kept trying to blame it on the computer. I asked her what was going on and why was it taking me three hours to leave? I never had this problem and I never been there that long just to pick up.

When it came time for me to pay for my food, Lynn said it was 170. I told her that I was not paying $170 since I’ve been paying 150 or 160 at the most. She couldn’t remember if I had the 10%. I told her that she was the one that offered it to me. I paid the additional money so that I can keep the 10%, but now she was not gonna give it to me? She then put in my 10%. Majority of the time that I go into that office, and she’s there and she has to help me, I get a little crazy as far as in my head.

I hate when Stephanie is not there. For the next two Saturdays she won’t be there. So I have to deal with Lynn. There was another time I came in and Stephanie wasn’t there, and I spoke to Lynn. I have a system that I keep for myself. I remember things by the way I keep it in line. Lynn saw that I had numbered, and put the dates on top of the menu. But I don’t put them all the way across. I looked at Lynn, and then she takes and numbers the whole thing across the board. I asked her why would she do that? Just because she saw that all the numbers were on top, all the dates were on top of each day, didn’t mean for her to do it for me. I don’t want her to do it. I was so frustrated because I like to do it myself. I number it as I go. That way, I know I didn’t have that day because there’s not a date on it.

I keep my menu inside of a calendar, and I mark off each day that I collect all my food in the morning because I take enough with me to last me through lunch and snacks. And then when I go home, I have my dinner. And the way I do it in the morning, I put each calendar day, and I mark off the day on the calendar. I’ve been doing it since January, since I started the program. But Lynn messed me up a little bit that week.

I was put on a 1,500 count and the only thing Lynn did that was a good thing for me was putting me on the 1,200 count. So, that meant it took away a yogurt and a fruit from me. She told me that I could just have a fruit if I get hungry. I was eating a whole piece of fruit in the morning. My breakfast was a shake or either a yogurt. And then I have another piece of fruit. It was actually a little too much for me, and I wasn’t realizing. I noticed when I was on the 1,500, I was moving my weight more. But I wasn’t losing like I am now on the 1,200. The 1,200 gets me a little hungry, but if I get hungry, I can always go back in and grab the other half of the fruit that I had from the morning after I have my lunch.

I've lost about 32 pounds since January. I was 225, and I’m 193 now. And I really love the food. I don’t like everything. The peanut butter cookies and the lemon cookies are like wood. I can’t stomach them. But I like the fact that I can change at least three things on the menu. So, I scan the whole menu to make sure that I like everything. I’m getting used to the cinnamon rolls, they’re good. I try my best to keep up with going to Jenny Craig because it works for me. I already know what I’m gonna eat every day. I don’t have to stress about what I’m gonna eat, when I’m gonna eat, or I gotta cook this, I gotta cook that. I love the way that it’s so convenient. I will recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Kenya,

Thank you for your review. With Jenny Craig, we plan and prepare everything for you! You will never have to worry about counting points or cooking your meals after a long day of work. Your Consultant will also work with you to keep you on track to get to your goal! We hope to continue supporting you on your journey.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I've seen Jenny Craig on TV quite a bit. I've seen some of it in magazines as well. I tried losing weight on my own. And I lost my husband just four years ago, and then my son moved out last year. So, I was at a crossroads. I've tried it on my own. I was at the Wharton Clinics with a doctor. I had various things, but it's just not enough discipline for me. So, it was like I needed to make a change. Last year when I knew my son was moving on out, I thought, now is a good time.

I kinda hit a wall where they do they say that with grief, that can happen. So, I thought to myself, this way, if I have a list of what I need to eat, I don't need to figure out anything as far calories and carbohydrates. Eat this on this day, in this order, and I'd be good. I went online, looked up a bunch of information and read some of the people that have been successful at Jenny Craig. And then, I went over for a consultation, and then I decided to join for the two-year, and that was on October. So, I lost 20 pounds. I have put a couple of pounds back on the last time.

I'm an office administrator at a school, so I'm off for the summer. So, I'm not as disciplined as I'd like to be in the summer. I've been out, and not so much of the exercise components enough, but I needed to get into that too. But it doesn't matter how much exercise if I'm not eating right. And my dog's older so it doesn't walk as much either. So, down the road, as horrible as it sounds, I was talking just last week to one of the girls over there and was saying, "I'm planning on getting, once he passes." And every time I think I'm getting ready for it, 'cause he has thyroid issues, he surprises me and he's still kicking, and he makes it forever. I can't wait, but at the same time, I'm hoping to get a couple of dogs who will also put me back into that huff mode that I've been in before, where I used to walk quite a bit. And that's a good way to keep your weight off as well.

So, I have found the last couple of years, just the combination after my husband passing, and then me working, and then some of it was grief, but then the other part of it is just being lazy or the dog's not going outside, I'm not going out. And then, I'm okay during the day, especially at school. But once I get into the night time and I'm sitting in front of the TV, I'm not hungry, but I'm eating.

From the very beginning, I started snacking, but I'm getting stuff. So, it's not in the house, and I don't have teeth. So, I'm getting the sugar-free Jellos, I'm having little tomatoes and the dill pickle cucumbers that are out now, and those types of things that if I do have the munchies after my last snack, say 9 o'clock, then I can sit and have something that even if I'm eating it, it's like 25 calories. It's better than a box of crackers or a bag of chips. I'm also babysitting two days in the summer. So, a couple of times, I've been to the Dairy Queen with them and having ice cream. So, I have to watch that, and I realized it, but it's nice to know, weighing yourself all the time, why that's happening.

I had even mentioned to one of the girls the coffee part. I love coffee and I like the flavored coffee. I used to take it black, but she had also said to me, "For every coffee you drink, you almost need an extra water." So, that was an interesting part. And then, I tried to have that earlier if I'm doing that same as to my Advil that I was taking a few times. I have allergies in the summer. And the reactant doesn't bother me as much, but if I take an Advil, it's because of inflammation, that can also bother me and retain the weight. And it's been interesting watching that as I'm keeping track of that on the sheet all the time when that happens. And so, some of that is just me getting to know my body. And it's interesting to know when I've gone up, I'm thinking, "I ate everything I'm supposed to eat, why am I still up a pound or half a pound from last weekend and I haven't lost anything? Oh, I've had three Advils this week." So, that's been a huge learning curve for me.

So, it's good now. I'm getting better. I was in a bit of a low. I'm hoping to jumpstart again. I was getting better the last week. I also had a colonoscopy book and I had a dental service. So, when I'm off work, I get a lot of stuff done, so I don't take time off during the year. It settles through me too. The colonoscopy was great. I lost five pounds overnight with all the cleanout which was wonderful, not the way I'd wanna do it. But then the next few days, as far as weighing up, even though I followed the program, I put it back on. I was surprised at that, and they said, "That could just be the water weight. It could be just your body getting back into it. It could be a variety of reasons."

The meals are very good. I know that some of them like a lot of the Mexican stuff. I have foods that I didn't realize I could switch them out. We were talking about that about a couple of months ago. And they said, "Up to maybe two substitutions, not many more 'cause then you're fussing with the program," which I understand. But I'm not like an enchilada person and the spicier meals.

The other ones, I really enjoy. And for work, it's great because the principal normally releases me for half an hour. I've been into the coleslaw lately that I really like, and I'm finding it very filling. And it doesn't get as soggy as salad. So, I've been eating it with either balsamic or I've even gone with just oil and vinegar. I love the other salads as well, but for work, I find the coleslaw travels better and it stays fresh. I've enjoyed it. The desserts are excellent too. I said to the girl when I was first losing my weight that I'm so gung ho at the very beginning. And into after Christmas eve and into March, I did say to her, one of the reasons they are so successful is because they cover the salt and the sweet part of you, as far as their snacks go. Last time, I'm eating a cupcake. I can either get the tortilla chip. And I'm the person that I do like the sweet, but I also crave the salt. So, it's nice.

I've had bad days for some reason, something's got to me and I've been stress eating and I know I'm doing it, but I can't stop. I'm just like, "Okay, it's one day, it's done. Tomorrow, here's our day and just start with the menu." And I know that I can bring myself back which in the past, you might go two or three days before you really start eating healthy again 'cause it feels this is on you to do it.

I find the meals great even in the morning. Like I take the dog out in the morning. A lot of times I'll get up, and I will eat my entree while I'm in the front of the dog doing his business. And then, I will take myself a yogurt and or a banana to work, to have, when I get to work, some fruit or some cherries. And I'll have that with my morning coffee before I have my barm in the morning. So, I space it out, so that I don't feel like I've eaten a whole bunch when I've gotten to work at 9:00 and I'm starving. And then, the school I'm at does not have a cafeteria. There's nothing really close by within walking distance. So, what I bring is all I have, which is great 'cause I'm very disciplined with that.

And then I've learned the tricks of the trade through the day of what I can and can't have and what I like better. Like in the afternoon, I love the dark sweet pitted cherries that you buy frozen. They're so good. And they're 90 calories with 3 grams of fiber. And she said like it's 12 that's on the sheet to have. I like them because they give me the sweetness, and sometimes, I'll eat them even semi-frozen, so I slow down a little bit especially in the summer, but it's just enough for me for sweetness in the afternoon.

For me, Jenny Craig was just at the right time. It was a choice I made for me. It was an adjustment at first. When my husband was alive, I was the one who did all the shopping, I did all the cooking. So, that took, number one, a huge amount of my time which I never realized 'till I started Jenny Craig. And even the grocery shopping now. I don't spend hours in the grocery store buying stuff I don't need. I have a list. I buy my skimmed milk that I want. I would buy my vegetables. I buy rye bread once in a while. But other than that, that's all I buy. And my frozen fruit. And that part of it is great instead of up and down the aisles and buying whatever is on sale even though I don't need it, and then you have it there to eat. So, for that part, it's been great.

I'm quite satisfied with Jenny Craig, and part of the reason I regressed the last of the while is, I know, partly me. So, I know I'm doing it. I'm more weary of it the last few days, and we've been talking about if from my visits because I was up half a pound, and I lost a couple of pounds and I'm a pound, and I've lost a pound, but I like to continue back on just losing. So, I know that's coming. I just have to adhere to the plan and then, I might exercise once I get there.

Hello Diana,

Congrats on your success! We are glad you decided to take that first step in getting healthy and gave the program a try! You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we do all the planning for you. No counting calories or points, and you enjoy 6 delicious meals a day. We hope you are doing well with your health goals.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve been gaining weight over the last few years and I've been going to the gym regularly. I’m working out and getting trainers, dietitians, etc. The last straw for me was that I’ve gone in my food journal to show my personal trainer because I didn’t understand why I was not losing weight. I was just super stuck. At that point, he restricted my diet so much that I was essentially having spinach and whey protein, and that was it. He got mad at me ‘cause I had a tablespoon of peanut butter. It was really bad. It was so restricting.

It wasn’t like I was intentionally anorexic. I was just following the direction of this person, a professional, that I trusted with my health. So, I went to my doctor and I was like, “Look, I keep gaining weight. I’ve been exercising. I thought I was eating healthy. I see this trainer. I’m not getting results. What do I do?” And I’ve restricted so much. I don’t even know how to start eating or what to eat. He tried to put me on the HCG diet. You eat 500 calories a day and they inject you with vitamins every week. If I’ve already been restricting too much, I really don’t think that’s wise. The whole point is I wanna eat healthy and balanced. So, I fired him as a doctor and I went to Jenny Craig 'cause I just wanna be able to eat healthy, lose the weight and not be overthinking everything.

Jenny Craig provided the food so I wouldn’t have to be thinking about counting calories or this or that. You eat what they give you. That’s all you have to do. You don’t have to think about it. I had sought professional help and nobody seems to be able to understand that I just wanted balance. I didn’t want a keto diet. I didn’t want some sort of fad diet. I didn’t want to restrict. I just wanted to be healthy and normal and nobody would understand that. Jenny Craig was the only place that got that.

When I walked in, I already knew I wanted to do it. I get why they need to do the sales end of it but I found it a bit traumatic- the whole, “Write the things that have held you back and put an X on it.” A couple of months later, my husband went in and joined Jenny Craig as well. It was like the exact same spiel. I understand the psychology behind all of it but it was a bit over the top for me.

But Shelly, my rep, is really great. We get along really well with lots of different things. It’s almost like visiting a friend or a mentor. It’s not like, “Ugh, I have to go to my Jenny Craig thing.” She’s very relatable. I feel I can be honest with her, like, “Hey, my husband and I were out of town for three days and it was three days of eating at restaurants.” And it’s okay. She never shames us 'cause that was the big thing that I was dealing with before as well with the personal trainer and the doctor. They were shaming me. Any time something happened, “Oh, you had a tablespoon of peanut butter. How can you be doing that? You’re sabotaging yourself.” It’s negative, negative, negative. Whereas with Jenny Craig, it’s always positive and I really appreciate that.

I started with Jenny Craig beginning of February and I’ve lost 25 pounds which is great. I’m hoping to lose 25 more. My target was 50. I have sort of plateaued, but my husband and I have tons of travel the past few weeks. We’ve been out of town a whole bunch. We haven’t been able to stick to the plan as religiously simply because we haven’t been here, and we haven’t been in a position where we could take the food with us. Once this period of travel subsides and I’m able to get back into the swing of things, I’ll get right back on track. For the first time in this whole godawful saga, I’m hopeful. I’m positive and confident.

I’m a vegetarian and it’s great that Jenny Craig has vegetarian options. I wasn’t expecting that that would be available so I’m by no means complaining. It would be nice if there could be some more options ‘cause it’s pretty limited, but I don’t dislike what’s there. The only thing that concerns me is the environmental sustainability. It’s just a lot of packaging to be going through everyday. We try to recycle everything that we can, but how do we make it a little bit easier on the environment would be my only question. It’s not an overnight solution and that’s not something an entire corporation can change in a day so I hope it’s something that’s on their radar.

I would encourage going through the program especially for people who are just so frustrated, for people who feel like they have done the right thing like going to see their professionals and they haven’t received the help that they’re looking for. If I was experiencing that frustration, I would imagine that other people are too. They just haven’t felt that they could go vocalize it or they thought they were the only ones.

I absolutely recommend Jenny Craig to everybody because it does work and it’s easy and positive. You have your person to check in with as a resource and the food tastes good. It’s not like eating airplane food. I went into it thinking the food is gonna suck for the next few months but I was pleasantly surprised. People look at the cost like, “Oh, I don’t know if I could spend 175 bucks a week on food.” You do already. You just don’t realize it. It might look like it’s a lot but when you factor in how much you eat out, it isn’t what you think it is.

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your 25 lbs loss, that's fantastic! You're absolutely correct, with Jenny Craig each week is nutritionally balanced so you are getting everything you need. We are so glad to hear that Shelly has been there to support and guide you each week.

Thank you for your feedback regarding more vegetarian items to our menu. Your suggestions will be shared with the proper teams for future consideration.

Have a wonderful day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: April 18, 2019

My friend had done Jenny Craig a couple of years back and I looked it up because I've been looking at a lot of programs. I'm 53, so I've been having a lot of troubles with weight loss. I did a few things, but nothing is working. I liked Jenny Craig because it was only food. There are no drugs or any potions and lotions. The only thing that puts me off was the money. It is expensive and that is the only thing that a lot of people say, but I was desperate because my daughter is getting married next month and I had to lose weight. I joined Jenny Craig and it worked well for me, so I am happy. Although the food is frozen, it is still healthy food. I also like that they didn't deprive me of anything. There were some sweets and sometimes, there were carbs. It was very balanced.

On the first day I went to Jenny Craig, there were two ladies at the branch and location and they were really helpful. The thing that struck me was that most people try and push you up the program and force you to join, but they didn't. They just stated the facts and also showed us the history of it and what exactly it entailed. They were very honest about everything, like the cost and the whole thing. They didn't hide anything. Sometimes, you join something, then you realize, after a while, that you are stuck with it. But Jenny Craig was very honest and open, and I like that. It gave me more confidence.

My personal consultant was very good and she gave me a lot of confidence. I could talk to her and she supported me throughout and really made me feel that I could do it. The weekly visits were awesome. It wasn't scary because I had done a program before and I would be all stressed out waiting to stand on the scale. With Jenny Craig, I didn't have that fear and it was very comfortable. It was only one week where I didn't lose anything, but my consultant was very encouraging and I had a very easy time. I just lost 20 pounds. I had initially set a goal of 20 pounds because I didn't wanna lose too much for the wedding, but I said I would come back. I can go back and lose 10 more pounds after. If I had followed more strictly, I would've reached this fast. I can eat out and I can still keep up, which was nice because it gives you a perspective of how much you can eat.

I like the food. It was tasty. I'm Indian and I like spices and I thought I would miss my food. I just eat a little at home, a spoonful here and there. The food is more Italian and now they introduced a lot of chicken food. There is no Indian food but the pasta and the turkey burger is really nice. I don't like a lot of the bread, but the breakfast was nice. All the desserts and snacks were good. I liked them, although it was done in a little less salt and pepper. I would add more pepper because I'm not the picky one.

What I do when preparing salad is put all the veggies in a bowl and I snack on it at work. I don't use dressing on it. Hopefully, it will be easy. The only disadvantage is the price and that would be the only way people kept away. It is a good program, nonetheless. I have a whole closet full of clothes that I can wear now. I have thyroid, too, so I couldn't lose weight without help, but I was really surprised that this program works so well.

Hello Caroline,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your success! You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig everything is prepared and planned out for you. The great thing about our program is you don't have to miss out on some of your favorite meals!

We are so glad your Consultant was there to help support and guide you throughout your weight loss journey. It is so important that you feel comfortable with how you look and feel.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 10, 2019

I used Jenny Craig for almost a solid year and I had an absolutely phenomenal experience. I've learned and done a lot of the things, and I've kept the weight off. That's always a good sign. The program genuinely works. You'll have ups and downs but if you keep pressing through it, it comes off. Use the counselor when you're feeling like you can't make it. She can come up with ideas such as making up the vegetable soup. That's really good. So if you're really hungry, you can have a little vegetable soup and you really aren't going to hurt your gain on the program in any way.

Maryann was my counselor and she was very good. I have multiple sclerosis so setting some of the goals was a little harder for me because I would have to go on steroids and that really messes things up. She would work with me to try to balance that and be realistic in thinking that maybe I didn't lose as much the first time as I would because of the steroids but that I should keep on it. I needed the weekly visits, especially in the beginning. I made them on a Monday because that would make me be better on the weekend, which is when you usually go out to eat and then it's harder to be as diligent, smart and wise. But I don't want to make it good or bad. That's another thing I learned.

The other thing is to look at the portions. That was probably the biggest for me. Years ago, I had tried Nutrisystem and before I started with Jenny Craig, I knew that I needed something to help me do portion control and proper balance of meals. Now, when I go to a restaurant, I order a six or eight-ounce steak, whatever they have in that range, and as soon as it comes to my table, I cut the entire meal in half. I put it away in the box and take it home for another meal. The reason I don't wait until the end is because I'm usually going out because I'm with someone. Then we're gonna sit there talking. If the food sits on my plate, I will continue to eat it. It's human nature. Whereas if I cut it in half and I've already put it in the box to go home, I can finish what's on my plate and just relax with everybody.

I started at 215 and I got down to 183 but occasionally, I would dip under. I'm 184 today and I'll be 182 tomorrow. My final goal is to get under 180 but if I don't, I'm not gonna worry about it. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14. Some people say they have to get to a certain number. But I never really said that. I was looking at how I looked in my clothes and feeling my body and what works for me. And a size 12 or 14, depending on the cut of the pants, is quite fine for me. And they had taken a before thing so now, I need my after picture.

I have even kept one pair of pants. When I'm having a particular need for the munchies, I get the pants out of the closet and I open them up. This was Maryann's idea. One side of me looks like it could fit in one side now and I say I don't wanna do that again then I just don't eat. I only had one issue with Jenny Craig. They have you eat that little bar they give. But I can't eat that because one of my issues is swallowing. It wouldn't get small enough for me.

But I liked the variety of the meal plans. They change a little bit each week. However, I'm allergic to onions and that made it a little hard because things that I would have enjoyed, such as the tuna, all have raw onion in them. I'm also not crazy about ravioli but I really liked some of the meat dishes, and you can swap them out. The personal consultant can look at which ones are comparable for what you need for your balance for the day. That worked very well for me.

Hello Sherry,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are absolutely correct, our goal is not just to help you lose weight, it is to help you learn to maintain your weight loss.
Having great guidance and support is so important, and we are so glad Maryann was there for you every step of the way.

I like the pants idea, it's a great reminder of how far you've came.

Thank you again and have a great week!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I thought this was so easy and the food is delicious. I didn't give 5 stars only because I would like to see more choices and less expensive but overall I will do it again! Thanks to Jenny and the girls in Bluffton SC.

Lori

Hi Lori,

We are glad to hear you had a great connection with your Coach and found the menu easy to follow. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your feedback will be shared with the proper internal teams. We hope to support you with your goals in the future!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I believe in Jenny Craig's product. It's fantastic and great. Also, my personal consultant was very supportive and very knowledgeable. But she got another job and I received a phone call recently where Jenny Craig assured me that they are working on getting a replacement for her. That was a nice thing to hear. They were helping customers since I was losing my consultant I've had for nine months. So they've given me some comfort level that they are not leaving me high and dry, and I understand.

Other than that, I have totally changed my life, not only physically, but mentally since I started using Jenny Craig. I've lost about 62 pounds and everything changed for me when I lost that weight. It's not just the product and the food that helped. I've lost the physical weight, but they've taught me a new and healthier way of living. They've given me the confidence that I can continue to maintain it on my own when I finally get to my goal. They also taught me a new way of eating and that has given me just as much for myself, a different way of enjoying my life now that I'm healthier. And I never expected to have those kind of results. So I still got a little bit more to go, but not that much. My husband joined, too. He started on his own and lost 20, but now, he's lost a total of 55. So he lost 35 on Jenny Craig.

Aside from that, the quality of their meals is very good. Surprisingly enough, when you don't know what you're getting yourself into, it's real food and for the most part, I haven't had any issues in terms of consistency of the meals. Though sometimes, somethings were a little off from what I'd normally get. But I've been on this for nine and a half months and that only happened four times. They even have little ways where you can change the food up a little bit, so I've learned some of that stuff as well. They also change their products every season, so that's good. They have a Facebook group online and a lot of us have talked about how some of the products have been. For example, they pulled the pizza, which we really loved.

As I understand, they have a nutritionist and what they provide is a nutritionally balanced meal. They do a work-up in the beginning and work out what your height, weight, and exercise threshold are. Then they do a calculation internally and come up with what do you need to lose. So it's a calorie based program and you're not limited. Every meal has a little bit of carbs, even if it's just vegetables. Sometimes it's real carbs, like rice, but it's not pseudo or any of these things like Atkins. I know about them but I've never tried them. With Jenny Craig's food, you don't feel like you're missing anything and you're not being deprived of anything. They have a little bit of everything.

Hi Kimberly,

Congratulations on your success, that is amazing! We're very glad to hear your Consultant was able to support and guide you in the amount of time she was at the Center. Thank you for being such a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you throughout your journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

The meals at Jenny Craig have a good variety. Some of them I love and some of them could be better. I can't get everything 100% satisfaction on all the meals but I do like the fact that we can change the stuff that we absolutely don't like. I would like a little more ethnicity in the cuisines, like Chinese or Mexican, and more vegetarian options. Right now, the vegetarian options are really limited. If at all, Jenny Craig has a vegetarian joining, they're gonna get really bored with the options pretty soon. But some of my favorite meals are the ham and swiss baguette or the tuna salad, the beef merlot or the smoked carnitas, the ranch melt and the chicken ranch melt. Some of those are my favorite. I love carbs.

At Jenny Craig, there are no food restrictions on the diet plan and that's important for me because I want to eat everything including sweet items. I don't believe in giving up items when it comes to food control because then what happens when you binge the next time? I do get portion control but it was important that whichever plan I choose would have all the food groups.

So far, things are working great. I have been able to fit into my clothes that I've kept in my cupboard for the past four years. Those clothes are now loose too, so I regret the previous size clothes that I gave away. I had clothes ranging all sizes. But I don't have any more clothes in my closet. Carrie, my personal consultant, is fantastic too. She is very upbeat and she encourages us all the time. There are times when like right now, I'm in a plateau and I keep focusing on why I'm not losing weight but she always draws attention to how much weight I have already lost. It's just those small things that help us focus on what we need to do as well as her sunny personality that impresses me.

Hi Sueyanne,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, that is a great idea to add more Chinese and Mexican dishes. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your suggestions will be shared with the proper teams. We're glad you enjoy the menu and we hope to continue to support you reach your goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I wanted to lose my weight and just needed some help having a meal, steps of everything accordingly. My mom used to use Jenny Craig many years ago and since I was in an urgent need of losing weight, I got an offer from the TV announcement so that was who I went through. When I went in there the first time, I wanted to be seen on the same day and at the same time that I was there ‘cause that was my availability. But I was turned off. They told me that I couldn't because I would have to set up an appointment and so I did. I was only available like on a weekend so I did it on a Saturday. But that’s my experience for the beginning.

The weekly that I was there, my service was on a Sunday, I was able to go early in the morning, get everything done, and then that would start my whole week. The food and the new stuff that I even tried were all excellent. I was six months in the program, but it's been two months already that I stopped, and the reason was that I’m under a doctor’s care, whereas I'm not able to consume a lot of dairy products at this moment. I spoke to the person that attends to me about it and nothing has been said as of now. I paid for a membership for the whole year or two and I wanted to see if, because there is a medical reason, not being able to continue to proceed, or if there’s something that they can do, or get my money back. I haven’t heard anything since then.

If there’s a time and place where Jenny Craig can receive a customer right there and then, like “Hey, this is what we have. At this moment, we cannot attend to you, but here are all these documents and paperwork. You're welcome to come back on your appointment if you really want it,” it would be an option that they might wanna consider. If I really wanted right there and then, I would have gone to someone else ‘cause I didn't have that. But because of the benefits that I had and because Jenny Craig is right around the corner of my house, I’m 10 minutes away, I waited a whole week to get an appointment set up. Overall, I would recommend them.

Hi Oralia,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we give you everything you need to start losing weight as soon as possible. We provide full nutritionally balanced menus developed by our dietitians and we encourage you to meet with your Coach once a week to stay on plan. We wish you all the best with your weight loss goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I really like the convenience of having the Jenny Craig menu and that I can have my meals all planned out for me. All of the meals, basically, is really good. I enjoy the breakfast but I’m not really crazy on the fried chicken. My consultant assists me with how I need to have my menu tailored a little bit. She’s good and she does what she needs to do. We did measurements at first and we talked about what were the expectations and opportunities. And the program has been very successful for me. I’ve lost over 25 pounds in a year and I’ve lost lots of inches.

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on your 25 lbs, that is fantastic! With Jenny Craig, you will never have to worry about planning your meals, counting calories or points. We have done all the hard work for you. We're glad you have a great connection with your coach and that you've had a great experience!

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

Members meet in-person with a consultant or receive one-on-one support via phone or video chat while portioned meals and snacks are home delivered for about $20 a day, plus the cost of enrollment.

• Trial program: A 12-week trial membership costs $16, plus the cost of food, and includes one coaching session per week.

• Free appointment: Meet with a consultant at a Jenny Craig Center near you and learn how the program can be tailored to meet your needs with no obligation to buy.

• Diabetes-friendly plan: The Jenny Craig Type 2 plan combines one-on-one consultations with a special Type 2 menu so members can lose weight and better manage their diabetes.

• Varied menu: There are over 100 menu items covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Snacks, shakes, sides, soups and syrups and dressings are also available, along with frozen selections.

• Online community: Members can communicate, share stories, participate in forums and connect with dietitians.

• Metabolism focused: Jenny Craig’s Rapid Results meal plan works with the body’s metabolism, encouraging you to eat six times a day during the most efficient weight loss time.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information