Call toll free
4.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

417 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve been gaining weight over the last few years and I've been going to the gym regularly. I’m working out and getting trainers, dietitians, etc. The last straw for me was that I’ve gone in my food journal to show my personal trainer because I didn’t understand why I was not losing weight. I was just super stuck. At that point, he restricted my diet so much that I was essentially having spinach and whey protein, and that was it. He got mad at me ‘cause I had a tablespoon of peanut butter. It was really bad. It was so restricting.

It wasn’t like I was intentionally anorexic. I was just following the direction of this person, a professional, that I trusted with my health. So, I went to my doctor and I was like, “Look, I keep gaining weight. I’ve been exercising. I thought I was eating healthy. I see this trainer. I’m not getting results. What do I do?” And I’ve restricted so much. I don’t even know how to start eating or what to eat. He tried to put me on the HCG diet. You eat 500 calories a day and they inject you with vitamins every week. If I’ve already been restricting too much, I really don’t think that’s wise. The whole point is I wanna eat healthy and balanced. So, I fired him as a doctor and I went to Jenny Craig 'cause I just wanna be able to eat healthy, lose the weight and not be overthinking everything.

Jenny Craig provided the food so I wouldn’t have to be thinking about counting calories or this or that. You eat what they give you. That’s all you have to do. You don’t have to think about it. I had sought professional help and nobody seems to be able to understand that I just wanted balance. I didn’t want a keto diet. I didn’t want some sort of fad diet. I didn’t want to restrict. I just wanted to be healthy and normal and nobody would understand that. Jenny Craig was the only place that got that.

When I walked in, I already knew I wanted to do it. I get why they need to do the sales end of it but I found it a bit traumatic- the whole, “Write the things that have held you back and put an X on it.” A couple of months later, my husband went in and joined Jenny Craig as well. It was like the exact same spiel. I understand the psychology behind all of it but it was a bit over the top for me.

But Shelly, my rep, is really great. We get along really well with lots of different things. It’s almost like visiting a friend or a mentor. It’s not like, “Ugh, I have to go to my Jenny Craig thing.” She’s very relatable. I feel I can be honest with her, like, “Hey, my husband and I were out of town for three days and it was three days of eating at restaurants.” And it’s okay. She never shames us 'cause that was the big thing that I was dealing with before as well with the personal trainer and the doctor. They were shaming me. Any time something happened, “Oh, you had a tablespoon of peanut butter. How can you be doing that? You’re sabotaging yourself.” It’s negative, negative, negative. Whereas with Jenny Craig, it’s always positive and I really appreciate that.

I started with Jenny Craig beginning of February and I’ve lost 25 pounds which is great. I’m hoping to lose 25 more. My target was 50. I have sort of plateaued, but my husband and I have tons of travel the past few weeks. We’ve been out of town a whole bunch. We haven’t been able to stick to the plan as religiously simply because we haven’t been here, and we haven’t been in a position where we could take the food with us. Once this period of travel subsides and I’m able to get back into the swing of things, I’ll get right back on track. For the first time in this whole godawful saga, I’m hopeful. I’m positive and confident.

I’m a vegetarian and it’s great that Jenny Craig has vegetarian options. I wasn’t expecting that that would be available so I’m by no means complaining. It would be nice if there could be some more options ‘cause it’s pretty limited, but I don’t dislike what’s there. The only thing that concerns me is the environmental sustainability. It’s just a lot of packaging to be going through everyday. We try to recycle everything that we can, but how do we make it a little bit easier on the environment would be my only question. It’s not an overnight solution and that’s not something an entire corporation can change in a day so I hope it’s something that’s on their radar.

I would encourage going through the program especially for people who are just so frustrated, for people who feel like they have done the right thing like going to see their professionals and they haven’t received the help that they’re looking for. If I was experiencing that frustration, I would imagine that other people are too. They just haven’t felt that they could go vocalize it or they thought they were the only ones.

I absolutely recommend Jenny Craig to everybody because it does work and it’s easy and positive. You have your person to check in with as a resource and the food tastes good. It’s not like eating airplane food. I went into it thinking the food is gonna suck for the next few months but I was pleasantly surprised. People look at the cost like, “Oh, I don’t know if I could spend 175 bucks a week on food.” You do already. You just don’t realize it. It might look like it’s a lot but when you factor in how much you eat out, it isn’t what you think it is.

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your 25 lbs loss, that's fantastic! You're absolutely correct, with Jenny Craig each week is nutritionally balanced so you are getting everything you need. We are so glad to hear that Shelly has been there to support and guide you each week.

Thank you for your feedback regarding more vegetarian items to our menu. Your suggestions will be shared with the proper teams for future consideration.

Have a wonderful day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I used Jenny Craig for almost a solid year and I had an absolutely phenomenal experience. I've learned and done a lot of the things, and I've kept the weight off. That's always a good sign. The program genuinely works. You'll have ups and downs but if you keep pressing through it, it comes off. Use the counselor when you're feeling like you can't make it. She can come up with ideas such as making up the vegetable soup. That's really good. So if you're really hungry, you can have a little vegetable soup and you really aren't going to hurt your gain on the program in any way.

Maryann was my counselor and she was very good. I have multiple sclerosis so setting some of the goals was a little harder for me because I would have to go on steroids and that really messes things up. She would work with me to try to balance that and be realistic in thinking that maybe I didn't lose as much the first time as I would because of the steroids but that I should keep on it. I needed the weekly visits, especially in the beginning. I made them on a Monday because that would make me be better on the weekend, which is when you usually go out to eat and then it's harder to be as diligent, smart and wise. But I don't want to make it good or bad. That's another thing I learned.

The other thing is to look at the portions. That was probably the biggest for me. Years ago, I had tried Nutrisystem and before I started with Jenny Craig, I knew that I needed something to help me do portion control and proper balance of meals. Now, when I go to a restaurant, I order a six or eight-ounce steak, whatever they have in that range, and as soon as it comes to my table, I cut the entire meal in half. I put it away in the box and take it home for another meal. The reason I don't wait until the end is because I'm usually going out because I'm with someone. Then we're gonna sit there talking. If the food sits on my plate, I will continue to eat it. It's human nature. Whereas if I cut it in half and I've already put it in the box to go home, I can finish what's on my plate and just relax with everybody.

I started at 215 and I got down to 183 but occasionally, I would dip under. I'm 184 today and I'll be 182 tomorrow. My final goal is to get under 180 but if I don't, I'm not gonna worry about it. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14. Some people say they have to get to a certain number. But I never really said that. I was looking at how I looked in my clothes and feeling my body and what works for me. And a size 12 or 14, depending on the cut of the pants, is quite fine for me. And they had taken a before thing so now, I need my after picture.

I have even kept one pair of pants. When I'm having a particular need for the munchies, I get the pants out of the closet and I open them up. This was Maryann's idea. One side of me looks like it could fit in one side now and I say I don't wanna do that again then I just don't eat. I only had one issue with Jenny Craig. They have you eat that little bar they give. But I can't eat that because one of my issues is swallowing. It wouldn't get small enough for me.

But I liked the variety of the meal plans. They change a little bit each week. However, I'm allergic to onions and that made it a little hard because things that I would have enjoyed, such as the tuna, all have raw onion in them. I'm also not crazy about ravioli but I really liked some of the meat dishes, and you can swap them out. The personal consultant can look at which ones are comparable for what you need for your balance for the day. That worked very well for me.

Hello Sherry,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are absolutely correct, our goal is not just to help you lose weight, it is to help you learn to maintain your weight loss.
Having great guidance and support is so important, and we are so glad Maryann was there for you every step of the way.

I like the pants idea, it's a great reminder of how far you've came.

Thank you again and have a great week!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I went to Jenny Craig when it was set up a little bit differently. I had a good six months of their program back then, but it was a little hard to hang on to the calorie content and everything was a little short. Last year, I hurt my back and I wasn’t able to exercise. I stopped going to Jenny Craig and I told my consultant, Kelly, that I was in too much pain and I couldn't do the program. But I told her that I would try to keep my weight down. When I finally had my little procedure and everything to get me back on my feet, I gained seven pounds back, though it wasn't really bad. Then I called Kelly up and told her I was coming back. At that time, I lost about 14 pounds and gained a few back. Then early this year, I went back and lost another 16. So, I’m still not at my goal, but right now, I’m under a maintenance program where I go see Kelly once a month and get weighed, so that way it keeps me on task.

I always find myself going back to Jenny Craig and this is my fourth visit back. My body responds to their program and it has been very successful for me. Plus, their food is very good and the menu plan teaches you how to eat in moderation and you don’t have to starve to death. I’m sure I could buy very comparable and a lot cheaper meals from other companies, but Jenny Craig's menu plan works, so why try to fix something that isn’t broken. I also follow the plan to the tee. I’m there for a reason, which is to lose a few more pounds, and I don’t usually go off of the menu. But if there is something that I don’t like, I tell Kelly that I won’t eat that, so I need to exchange it for something else and there is never a problem.

I like Kelly. She is very good and she knows that I’m there to get the job done. She knows that the program is gonna be successful and she encourages me that way. I don’t really need a lot of encouragement and I’m my own best critic. And if I get to the point where I feel that my body has responded to pretty much the way it was gonna be, I try a couple of different ways to go and Kelly helps me with that. If it works, that is good. If it doesn’t, we try something different. And sometimes, I’ll rearrange a menu or if I feel myself getting a little bit bored, I'll change things up. When I tell Kelly about it, she just goes with the flow and is not pushy. I keep a journal, too, so I always tell Kelly what I’ve been doing for the week.

Before, Jenny Craig had meetings and I went to a few of them when I first started. But after a while, I told my consultant that I wasn't going to them anymore because the people there truly depressed me and didn't motivate me. They were there to fool themselves and they thought that by eating a little bit, they could have a piece of cake everyday. They always had an excuse why they didn't lose weight and they didn't understand that going into the program requires total devotion.

As time has changed, the meetings were kind of put on the wayside. In fact, there were a lot of things that Jenny Craig changed. Back then, the program was a little harder because the calorie count was very low. When I first started it was 950 calories and that was almost a starvation diet. But I lost 30 pounds and it was fun to lose the weight, though it didn’t really teach you how to stick to it and eat because the menu was a lot different. Now, the menu plan is so easy to follow.

They got quite a bit of food and I like the flexibility. I bought a lot of pasta and grilled chicken sandwiches from them. They also got cheeseburgers and pretty much everything that you would ordinarily go to eat at a fast food. But their stuff is grilled and served in smaller portions. I love the turkey burger, too, and I could eat those every day. These days, there are so many programs that have a lot of shakes and boxed food. I also tried Nutrisystem and they had a lot of soups and smoothies but they didn't satisfy me. It was easy to sit down, make a little salad or have an extra bowl of some vegetables along with your meal and by the time you get done with that, you’re definitely full. But that is not the case with Jenny Craig.

If you wanna get healthy, you need to go to them. But going into the program is a commitment and you really got to be ready to do it. You’ve got to be realistic, too. If you’re not, then it’s not gonna work. You will struggle but unless you don’t like eating, maybe it is not what you need. Also, getting into their program is a little bit costly, so a lot of people can’t take advantage of that. But you can’t put a price tag on our health. If it is something that is gonna help you reach your goal, then you gotta bite the bullet. I tell people that if you’re gonna spend that much money, you’ve got to be ready to do the program.

So when I’m sitting in the waiting room to see Kelly and somebody new would ask me how the program works for me, I would tell them that I lost about 20 something pounds and that they just had to stick to the menu, learn what they can add and change things up. I also tell them that they've got to eat all of the food and not not eat. When my husband went on with me and being the male, they gave him a few extra hundred calories. Within a couple of weeks when he went back, he told them that he couldn't eat all of the food and they had to drop some of them. And he lost 15 pounds within a few weeks, so it worked for him, too and he is a believer.

For me, Jenny Craig has always been a godsend. If I gain 10 or 15 pounds back, I can always go back there and within a few weeks, lose the weight because their program puts me back on track. And I’ve appreciated them being there and letting me come back. So far, my friends see Jenny Craig's effect on me and my appearance and weight loss sells the program to them. They are amazed at how easy the weight comes off me.

Hi Geri,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience. You are well versed on what needs to be done to see success while on Jenny Craig; sticking to the plan as designed. We love to hear about the relationship you have with Kelly and how she has been there to support you throughout your Journey. We're happy to continue to help you meet your goals and live a healthier life.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was a client of Jenny Craig years ago and I had good success with that. although I had not done the maintenance program when I lived in Florida and in Virginia. I loved the food and the counseling, but at that time, I had three children and I couldn’t afford to stay on the program, so I went out. But when I went back on it, I decided this time I would be 100% committed to it and also do the maintenance. I’m in it full force right now. My personal consultants are Elena and Ann and they are absolutely wonderful and very good. I’ve had some tragedies in the family, some deaths, and they have not only been supportive of the weight loss but also have been understanding. I was able to stay with their encouragement and I have to give them credit for that. I was able to stay with the program and staying with the program made it a very positive thing that was still happening for me.

My food program could have gone off track, but because of them, I was able to stay on track. They were understanding if I had a couple of days during that time that wasn’t a good day and it was hard to stay on program. They were like counselors at the same time. I told Elena that I needed to pay her and that she had been a therapist for me. She is really amazing. Of all consultants I’ve ever had, I connected with her. She is a really good listener and I appreciate that. When I’m with her, she has a calmness and she invites me in. It was interesting because it kept me coming back. There were times with the other counselors years ago that I dreaded going in. I look forward to seeing Elena and saying "hi" even if it is only a 20-minute interaction. She has always been good about knowing that if I needed to call or to check in during the week. She has been very important in my success and I don’t think I could have done this without her.

The results from using the program this time around have been really great. I am at 27.2 pounds lost and I have 3.2 to go to reach my 30-pound goal. My weight this morning makes me about a pound and a half away from my goal, so I’ve gotten weight loss. I’m more of a fish and chicken and turkey eater and I usually don’t eat beef. At first, I wanted to take the beef off of the program, but I talked with the girls and said that I am doing it differently this time than I did years ago. I also said that I understood that there’s a lot of science behind why I’m supposed to be eating what I’m supposed to be eating in that 24-hour period, and the nutrition and the balance. There are a lot of beef products in the Jenny Craig, although I wish there was more fish. I like fish, but I’ve learned to like the beef products because what they have are really good-tasting and the quality is good. So, even though I’m not normally a beef eater, I enjoy them.

I’m also enjoying the breakfasts and to wake up and know that there’s a hearty breakfast. I liked the way they changed the menu where the lighter meal is in the evening. I have been exploring intermittent fasting and I had lost about five pounds prior to the Jenny Craig program, but I wasn’t getting all my nutrition in. With Jenny Craig, I have the 12-hour window of not eating and it has really kicked in the weight loss, so it is really exciting and I love it. I hope they keep doing what they are doing.

I like that they put the seasonal foods on the menu. The pumpkin loaf and those kinds of things come seasonally and I look forward to those things. I’m hoping that they won’t do a lot of changing on the menu. I like the variety and it is helping me stay. In addition, Jenny Craig is connected with another company that does research with diabetes, so they are going that direction too to make sure that people are looking at it as more of a health than just getting the weight off.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your review! Congrats on your weight loss and almost being at your goal! That is fantastic. We love hearing about the great friendship your Consultant Elena have. We're happy to help you meet your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: July 25, 2018

My very first interaction with Jenny Craig was quite emotional for me way back in the day because I was very upset. At that point in time, I was only about 212 pounds and when I went back in 2015, I was 248.8, so that time was very frustrating for me. In 2009, I had gained a lot of weight before I got married due to the drama issues within family relations and that factored in a bit. I couldn't shake the way through and I got discouraged, so I knew that going back to Jenny Craig was one thing that works for me. I did the Body for Life as well, but I was better with the pre-planned meal in the portions.

Jenny Craig is within two hours from my house and all the gals that I deal with there are very good and understanding. I've been with Jenny Craig for long enough that a lot of times I know what it is that I'm supposed to do and what I'm doing. I'm very verbal with the process and how I'm doing, and they provide the guidance knowing that I'm not just a Jane Doe off the street that doesn't know anything. I usually go there every four weeks, but this summer, I've been on a holiday so sometimes it's five weeks. I normally deal with Lynnea on a weekly basis because I get weekly phone consults. I normally talk to her every Thursday and that goes well because it's not just how many meals are going, but also whatever else is happening with my life that affects everything else. It has always been interesting.

Sometimes I deal with one of the other gals too depending on who's scheduled. But Lynnea is very good at asking the right questions. She is understanding and supportive. There's no bashing going on, "Why didn't you stick to your plan," or "Why did this happen," or "Why did you lean off the wagon for a bit?" I got back with Jenny Craig in February of this year and since I came back, I'm 191 now and I still have 60 pounds or so to get to my goal weight.

I needed more regimens with the schedule and more discipline of what my portions are and what I need to eat. I needed that training again. They tell me that I can have veggies and if I wanna do something, then I have to give something up in moderation. I've had to go to our head office for training sometimes and it was a process of being able to do that and still do the Jenny Craig stuff and make all that work for me. It was a good learning curve as well because it brought some real life in, even though Jenny Craig is the real food but it's the outside Jenny Craig food.

The difficult time for me is usually between the time I get off from work and the time that my husband gets home. Weekends aren't usually bad, but there are times when I'm feeling a little snacky and there's always the monthly cycle. There's no logic in there, there's no rationale, and there's no talking myself out of something. During those times, even though I don't need the chips, it doesn't matter. My husband is very supportive and he's also wanting to lose the weight, so we have picked up different plates. We're learning portion control with him, the fact that he can eat like he is in his 20s.

We purchase pretty much anything from Jenny Craig except the lemon stuff that I don't like. I also can't have the shrimp stuff because my husband is allergic to shellfish. I'm fine with anything else, except for the honey and peanut butter. I don't like those because I don't like the aftertaste. But there's not very much that I don't like within the Jenny Craig menu. It's usually good.

Normally, when I go to the city, I would look forward to going out for supper and my husband and I have shared meals. That is a good thing as well because a normal meal for anybody is too much, but if you share a meal, then that makes a difference. I can still go out for supper even though I have my Jenny Craig food and I can have a side salad. I'm still eating with people, but I'm being healthier and still having my Jenny food. They got a new Blueberry square bar. It's okay but it's not for everybody. I love the Cranberry biscotti bar and I would like to see that on their menu a bit more than see a Sunshine sandwich because I don't really care for the English muffins. I've also gotten used to the butternut squash ravioli a bit more. I'm not a big spaghetti and meatball fan, but it still tastes good. My favorites of late are either the Turkey burger or the cheeseburger, but I like all the Jenny food.

There's not a whole lot on the menu that tastes like diet food and that's one of the biggest reasons why I like Jenny over some of the other ones that are out there. Weight Watchers says a lot of with peppers, which is fine, but Jenny does the rice and the potatoes. And they've got the pasta and still got their veggies. I am not a green bean fan, but I’ll also eat some. If you don't have that variety, then you're gonna get sick with the menu. I have already recommended Jenny Craig to friends.

Hi Darlene,

We're happy to hear about how Jenny Craig has helped you in your life and about the great relationship you had with your Consultant. Thank you for your review!

Have a great week,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: July 4, 2019

I’m very happy with Jenny Craig! I went with them 30 years ago and I had good success then. I lost 30 pounds very easily, and the food is so good. And this time around, I've been with them since the end of January. I’ve lost 33 pounds. I'm 76. I started out on the plan that was for type 2 diabetics because I was type 2 diabetic. But I was very careful in my choices, and I went back to my doctor for my six-month blood work. I’m no longer diabetic anymore. It got me off the soft drinks. I was drinking ginger ale every day. It got me off that. I tried eating salads but I can’t digest vegetables. It doesn’t work for me. So, everything I eat comes out of a box from the freezer with Jenny Craig on it.

The only thing is I was told yesterday when I got a call that my regular person is no longer with me and someone else filled in her place yesterday. I was very disappointed that I didn’t even get to say goodbye to her. She genuinely, personally cared, and was trying to motivate me. She was always cheerful and upbeat. She was flexible enough to understand that when you go to a dinner party, you can’t always take your own meal. She was flexible as far as helping me to understand that you’re gonna lose a little ground when you do that. She was good, but she kept me on-track.

Hello Marylou,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your success! We are so glad to hear your health has improved. The beauty of the program is you not only lose weight, but you learn how to maintain your weight through healthier eating habits.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: July 3, 2019

Everybody knows Jenny Craig. And I like the fact that it was very structured meals. I joined them in January. But recently, I'd stopped going for the past month. I didn't lose any weight. And there's a point where you want different food. My personal consultant was good. When I first started going there, it seemed like there was an inconsistency in the consultant I saw. I liked going the same time every week, but then they'd switch the consultants around. So, that's kinda crazy because you want the same person.

The meal program they have set up and the quality of the meals are surprisingly good. I don't like the mashed potatoes though. They're awful. I find a lot of the stuff like tacos and fajitas. And it's all right, but there's a little too much of it. But there's a number of them that I like. I like the breakfast the best. They're very good. There's a pot roast one that I like, too. And the snacks are really good.

Hello Bonnie,

Thank you for your review. With our planned menus you are getting all the necessary nutrients needed to promote a healthy weight loss. We are very sorry to hear about your experience in the Center, your feedback will be shared with the proper management teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 30, 2019

Jenny Craig's food is good and so are their reps. They took the time to spend with me and their consulting ethics were good. However, Jenny Craig is a fixed diet. You have 4 weekly meals, and you can’t interchange or take stuff that you don’t like. They don’t let you choose. It was fine for the first months that I did it then it got expensive. I could find a cheaper program. If I liked everything on their meal, then that might’ve been okay, but I didn't care for all of it. There are certain things that I did like, and they wouldn't let me pick what I wanted. You get what you get for that week and that’s that. They will allow you to change 3 things that you don’t like, but that isn’t quite enough. I still had to take things I didn't like.

But Jenny Craig is a great program and I understand why they chose that because people that don’t stick to the diet don’t lose weight as fast or they don’t lose weight at all. If you stick to Jenny Craig's diet plan, you’ll definitely lose weight so that’s a good thing. My goal was to lose 30 pounds. I lost 28, and it was hard for me to lose that last 2 pounds.

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your review. We understand you may not like everything on the menu, talk to your coach about ordering Planned Days. With Planned Days, you can pick 7 complete days from menus 1-4, and you can still make up to 3 substitutions. This is a great way to stay on plan and eat meals you like!

Original review: June 29, 2019

My husband and I were on Jenny Craig over 4 weeks. We were promised at the beginning, if we complete 4 weeks, we'll get $100 gift card. We have completed it, my husband got his card, I haven't. When I tried to call and ask about the reason, they said I didn't complete it and disqualified for the card, it was lie. It's the worst the business can do: to lie their clients. Horrible!!! Their prices too high, every time we got order, something was missing, but I did, followed all recommendations and was strictly on the diet, even during my trip to Hawaii and on vacation, weight loss was not great and customer service is horrible. I'm on Nutrisystem now. Greater food selection, excellent customer service, fast weight loss result and prices are so much better!

Hello Larisa,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We are happy to have a manager review your account and follow up with you.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I’ve done a lot of weight loss programs and I was very successful with the old Weight Watchers, but I tried the Points and I’m too rigid having all those choices. It didn’t work for me. I also tried Nutrisystem and so, I thought we could give Jenny Craig a try. My husband and I needed to lose some weight. He has a lot of health problems. I called and made an appointment. We went in and met the counselor, and she was very sweet. We talked about everything. She explained the program and how it worked.

The food is good but after you do them for a while, it’s the same ones over and over again. We added a few meals which always helps although you’re responsible for doing your green salads and your veggies. They have a menu plan and they tell you what to eat and when to eat it. They have breakfast, lunch and dinner with three snacks, and it’s scheduled. Nutrisystem sends you a bunch of stuff and then, you pick a breakfast, a lunch and a dinner. It’s not a specific one. Jenny Craig is much better. They are a little more structured, which I do very well with. I buy what’s on the menu and fix it and eat it.

We have a couple of things that we don’t really care for and they have substitutes available for those. So, if you find one you don’t like, you just tell them and they substitute another meal for that. There are several kinds of food that I like and I will probably continue to purchase those even after I reach my goal, especially while my husband is on it. It’s just easier than trying to cook for one. You can continue to buy the food from Jenny Craig. They have a system where you check in once a month and encourage you to do that forever because it identifies the problem before it goes out of hand. Jenny Craig has a few non-frozen things but more of them were frozen. You don’t have to worry about shipping. You can pick them up. The frozen food is filling and I like them. They have also dropped the carbs down on the new main courses. It seems to work well, so we were pleased.

We started in mid-January of this year, we’ve continued with it and I’ve lost 44 pounds. I’m within about half a pound of my goal, so I’m very excited. My husband has lost about 35 pounds, and he’s 15 pounds from where he likes to be. Both of the counselors we worked with were excellent. I have recommended Jenny Craig to several people, and some of them have joined. It is a little pricey, but it’s worth it with all the problems that the excess weight does. Then, the food you buy anyway aren’t cheap in the grocery store. The price is harder for some people but it’s not a problem for us.

Hello Jodi,

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you decided to give the program a try. With Jenny Craig, we provide nutritionally balanced menus that promote a healthy weight loss. Everything is planned out for you so you don't have to worry about counting any calories or points! We hope you and your husband are doing well with your weight loss journey.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

I have been a member for 25 years. When I joined, I paid more to be a lifetime member. Then I joined a Rewards program for an extra fee every year. While that program is no longer offered, Jenny Craig offered the program and I paid an additional fee annually. Each year, my local centre would let me know when it was time to renew. Today, when I went to my centre to pick up food, I was told that it was too late now to renew my Rewards membership (by a week or two). I called "head office" and the "escalation manager" also said they could do nothing and had absolutely no concern when I said I would no longer spend any money at Jenny Craig. What kind of customer service is this? I said to check my account and see how much money I have spent and Jenny Craig for the past 25 years and I was told it didn't matter.

I am beyond disappointed in Jenny Craig. I have been a huge fan and sent so many people there over the years. Clearly, the model isn't doing as well. There used to be a manager and several staff at my centre and now there is just one new rotating person at my centre. Having complete and total disdain for your longtime loyal customers is not a sustainable business model! I was told to check my contract!!!! Excuse me????

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for speaking with us today and allowing us to resolve this issue.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 23, 2019

Jenny Craig is good. They're about two blocks from my house, too. Initially, I sat down with the counselor, and we discussed the program, how it works and my goal. When I went there originally, it was to lose weight. I was interested because I got up to 217. What I used to do was I wouldn't eat for a week and just have water. But then, I learned that it's counterproductive because your metabolism just shuts down. So, with the program, you have something to eat every couple of hours that is either a meal or a snack. So, you distribute everything over the day. You keep your metabolism going all day. And I lost quite a bit of weight in the beginning because I work out too. It was like 210 to 160. So, it was about 50 pounds.

I've been with Jenny Craig for four years. I am a single man. And I found that going to Jenny Craig once a week, bringing home the groceries or having to go to the market to get fresh vegetables and fruits to supplement the program, I found that to be very convenient. So, I kept doing it. I renew every year. I've had everything from their menu, but I like the white bean chicken chili.

Jenny Craig's counselors have come and gone. There have been probably a dozen in my time. And I like some more than others. Some I just go in and get the food. But the one I have now is really great. She would like to see me losing weight because that's the point of the whole thing. I like Jenny Craig. I've been doing it a long time. Everybody should do it.

Hello Wayne,

Congrats on your 50 lbs loss, that is fantastic! With Jenny Craig, we provide nutritionally balanced menus that promote a healthy weight loss. Being on the program you not only lose weight, but you learn how to maintain it and build healthy habits. Thank you again for sharing your success!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 22, 2019

The Jenny Craig consultant is very good. She encourages me when I gain weight, and she helps me decide what I have to do to keep losing. I have lost the weight I wanted to lose, and now I’m on maintenance. My doctors are well-pleased with the weight I've lost and how I lost it. My diabetic doctor has taken me off a lot of my medication, so it’s been a success for me. The only thing I don't like is the food. Some of their food is not good. Things that have corn in it have field corn, which is corn that they feed animals, and it’s very tough. Some of the meat is not good, either. But some of the pasta meals are pretty good. I like the blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and I like their cinnamon loaf and chocolate muffins.

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for your review and congrats on getting to your goal! You're absolutely right, our Consultants provide great coaching and get you back on track if you fall off. Thank you for your feedback on our menu items, this will be shared with the proper teams. We are so glad we get to be apart of your success!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I have a lifetime membership with Jenny Craig. I go annually to lose a few pounds and maintain my ideal weight. I am extremely dissatisfied with their customer service. I just completed a one month intensive program which I was suppose to lose up to 14 pounds. I lost about 10. And that's OK. I was suppose to receive $100 in gift card at the end of the program. I was told by "counselor" I will receive in 2 weeks. Didn't! I called, she said it will take up to 1 month. Now it's over a month. When I called to see what's going on, I was told I did not purchase all the food necessary for the reimbursement. I am baffled by lack of informations. I bought what counselor gave me.

Last week of the program she said if I have left over from previous weeks, I can deduct it from my order, which is what I did. Not they are saying that disqualified me from the program!!!! Very disappointing. I will never use them again as there are many other, and more effective weight loss programs around. VERY DISSATISFIED!

Hi Fay,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with us today, Fay. Glad we could help resolve your concerns.

Original review: June 21, 2019

For the longest time, I thought the food at Jenny Craig was very unpalatable. However, I saw the food that my sister was eating, and it looked good. My personal consultant is great. I go every Saturday, usually at the same time, and we catch up, talk and then I get my food. I get whatever they tell me to, though the chicken street tacos are one of my favorites. There are some things I have to change out every week, but other than that, it's perfect. It's really increased my metabolism ‘cause I'm eating every three hours. I've never had results like this before and I'm very happy with it. I've been recommending it to several people.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you so much for your review and congrats on your success! We're so glad you have a great connection with your Consultant and you enjoy the food. We know when you like what you're eating, you'll stay on plan and get to your goals.

Thank you again for sharing your experience,

Original review: June 20, 2019

Signed up for $20 Trial Program. Received first shipment of food. Enormous large box containing mostly freezer food. Had to empty my freezer to store it. When I talked to JC that I couldn’t store that much food at one time only choice was to cancel and there was a $99 cancellation fee. Not much of a trial. No flexibility. Just buy Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. It’s the same thing and you don’t have to fill your entire freezer at one time.

Hi Nan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Jenny Craig provides you the support of a weekly Meal Plan created by our Registered Dietitians and Science Advisory Board to ensure we are helping you maximize your weight loss. We also provide you with one on one personal support from a Consultant that can help you build a menu that will work for you and your needs, while still helping you reach your health goals.

If you have any questions about the terms of the offer you signed up for, we're happy to have a Manager follow up with you. Someone will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I love Jenny Craig. I was looking into niche systems but I didn’t like the idea of not having somebody to talk to so that’s how Jenny Craig came about. I just called and made an appointment, and that was last July. My consultant, Marjan, is fabulous. We have a really close relationship. I don’t see her outside of the meetings, but it feels really good. There’s a Facebook website and some people don’t have that connection, but there are other consultants out there that they can talk to.

The food is great and I love the meals. I find everything very tasty. I like the triple chocolate cheesecake. There are a couple of things that are kinda like mmm, but I eat them. I hate green beans so I won’t eat anything with green beans but Marjan works with me and we switch out whatever is appropriate. I’ve lost close to 60 pounds. I've dropped so much sizes that even the new clothes I’ve bought don’t fit on me. I like feeling healthier and having the ability to be able to move better.

Hello Judy,

Congrats on your 60 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We are so glad to hear you have a great connection with your Consultant and that she is there to support and guide you throughout your journey. Thank you for your feedback regarding the green beans in some of the meals, this will be shared with the proper teams for future consideration.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My name is Tamika and I have seen the commercials over the last five years or longer. I really did not pay much attention to the ad, because I felt like it didn't apply to me and my lifestyle. After the doctor looked me over and determined my blood pressure was up, and I was overweight and the problem could be from me being overweight. It was clear that I had a big problem. I went home and tried to start working out and changing my eating habits, but I wasn't making any progress with my weight. Then one day I saw the Jenny Craig commercial ad and gave them a call. The customer service rep was professional and lead me in the direction I needed to get started.

Hello Tamika,

We are so glad you called and gave the program a try! Our Consultants provide great support and coaching to get you to your goals. With Jenny Craig, you not only lose the weight but you learn about proper portion sizes and healthier eating habits so you can maintain your weight. We hope you are doing well with your health goals!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've gone to Jenny Craig several times and they've helped me in the past. Many years ago, there used to be one in the Bronx. There, I had to go every other weekend, get two weeks of food and make my appointment. They were very nice about it. However, my first consultant had to leave so lately I’ve been seeing a different consultant every other week. I've lost 28.2 pounds through their program and now I have a few more pounds to go. Except for the cranberry dill salad and the tuna dill salad in the can, the food has been very good.

For those two items, I don’t like the way they taste, so I usually substitute whatever they have. On the other hand, the ranch melt is their best item and they've been very filling. I've also purchased but butternut square, the classic cheeseburger and most recently I had cheesy omelet with vegetables and frittatas. The meals are of good quality and they're filling. I eat my vegetables every night. I have plain yogurt with my fruit every other day. I have the shakes too and I eat a lot of raspberries and blackberries. Overall, I've been very happy with Jenny Craig. The consultants have been very nice and the weight has been coming off.

Hello Marianna,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your progress! We are so glad we get to be apart of your weight loss journey. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, it will be shared with the proper teams.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2019

I started the program with Jenny Craig 10 years ago. I went back to that center twice more and the last time was several years ago. And each time, I lost weight but I never stayed through maintenance because I did not like the consultants. When I went to the Jenny Craig location that's near my home, I was supposed to have a conversation with the consultant about how the week went, what my struggles were, what I did well about, what did I feel not good about, and when did I deviate from the program. But the rooms where you had those conversations were right off a large waiting area and the doors were always open, so you could never have a private conversation. So, that was really a problem for me and the reason I left the center.

Then I joined for the fourth time online and I got Tracy, the consultant. But she was not nice to me and I found the her to be very inflexible. She was also very difficult and not practical when I had situations where I needed either to eat a different food or it was really important that I try to eat at a restaurant with my family. Still, I liked the food and I'd like to continue to lose weight on the program. So I started on my own, switched to a consultant, and overall, I'm down about 25 pounds. But I wanna lose another 20 and I'm in a holding pattern right now because I'm kinda not on the program but I'm not really off it.

I'm sorta lost and I'm really disappointed. I'm in a Facebook group and apparently I'm not the only one that has rigid and inflexible consultants. Then, there are other consultants that people say are very nice. But the food at Jenny Craig is generally good. I ordered food on my own the last time, so I'm eating a meal or two with Jenny. But I'm not on the program. I'm not getting weighed, losing weight, or trying to lose weight. So, we have a supply of Jenny food but I've lost my way without the consultant. And my experience with them has been leading me to think about joining Weight Watchers.

Hello Donna,

Congrats on your success, that's great news! We are very sorry to hear going to the Center did not work for you. We offer a Jenny at Home option where your food is delivered and your Consultations are done by phone or Skype once a week. Call our team at 1-800-536-6922 for more information!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2019

When you start they will offer you more expensive plans to get discounts but after that you’ll start hearing different things!! Over that they will keep telling you that the discounts is something from them and you should thank them!! The scale isn’t right, and to verify just check your weight at 4-5 different places then go directly to them and see how much extra weight you’ll see!! When I mentioned they said that the other 5 places wrong!! I just don’t even recommend you wasting gas to drive to their location.

Hi Saed,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. A Manager will be following up with you soon.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 14, 2019

I barely lost any weight and I have been on the program since the end of February. Instead I gained 4 pounds in a week. I’m thinking it’s because of all the sodium. They keep replacing the good food with disgusting ones. First they discontinue the cookie dough bars, Florentine breakfast pizza, BBQ meatloaf and so on. I bit into rubbery chicken the other day and almost vomited. I’m so disgusted by the food. On top of that the chocolate shakes had to be taken off the shelves due to clumps in them. I was one of the unlucky ones who found clumps and had to throw all the shakes out. What a waste of time. I should’ve done Weight Watchers where I can eat fresh foods.

Hi Cassandra,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Food quality is very important to us and if you are ever dis-satisfied with a product we are happy to credit or replace the item for you. We can assure you that every report is investigated as we take our clients feedback very seriously.

Our Full Planned Menus average about 3/4 teaspoon of sodium a day, which is lower than the American Heart Associations recommended amount for healthy adults. On average clients following our Full Planned Menus as designed will lose 1-2 lbs per week. To discuss your specific weight loss it's best to speak with a Manager so we can go over your concerns. A Manager has reached out and left messages with our contact information. Feel free to give us a call, we'd be happy to go over your specific account details with you

Thank you for your time.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was tired of going up and down and trying to get back in shape and get my life together. I don't have time to be shopping and cooking and deciding what to eat. So, I was asking around about the different companies and there's a lot of companies out there. I picked Jenny Craig because it's close to me and I can pick up the food, whereas the others would only deliver on certain days and sometimes I'm away from the house all day.

I'm impressed with what they do. I'm always losing weight, but even though they see that I'm accomplishing my goals, they still act on me. They still give me advice as to some questions I have sometimes when I have to go out to dinner. They never give up, so they're a good team. I'm picky when it comes to eating, but I love the food at Jenny Craig. There are one or two items that I'm not crazy about. Everybody should be on Jenny Craig. I'm a physician and I have to constantly deal with patients going to have bariatric surgery, and sometimes they don't even lose as much weight I've lost on my own, now with Jenny Craig.

Hello Alfredo,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your progress! Having a local Center in your area is so convenient, you receive your food the same day and meeting with your Consultant holds you accountable each week. We are so glad you enjoyed the food! We know when you like what you're eating, you will stay on track and get to your goals.

Thank you again for sharing your experience,

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have been member of the Jenny Craig program on and off for several years, and have always been happy with the program, the food, and the consulting I have received. I have been back on the program for over 2 months now and have been incredibly satisfied with the new menu items and my weight loss so far. I have been looking forward to continuing the program over the next few weeks, finally reaching my goal weight, and was also planning on continuing at least some portion of the food for the foreseeable future. I rejoined the program recently due to an email I received offering former members a $200 food credit and $100 Visa gift card if they completed the program. The fine print of this offer is as follows:

Complete 4 consecutive weeks including weekly consultations and full menu purchase (avg. $158 US/$175 CAN) and receive a $100 Visa Reward Card within 3-6 weeks after completing the challenge. Subject to terms for Reward card at www.jennycraig.com/rejoin. Valid for former members who haven’t had an active visit within the past 60 days. One offer per person. Valid at participating centers and JCA. Not valid at jennycraig.com. Offer ends 4/26/19.

I made my appointment, visited the center, and met with my new consultant, explaining I was there for this offer and that I wouldn’t be starting the program for 2 weeks due some travel plans, but wanted to go ahead and get the food so I could start as soon as I was back from my trip. She signed me up, got my food, and I was on my way. I have now been on the program for 9 weeks but have yet to receive my gift card. I asked my consultant on my last visit, she looked me up in the system and saw I had been disqualified for only completing 3 weeks. She offered to call customer service for me, but I said I would just call myself. I called customer service and spoke with Isabelle, who explained to me that since there was a 2-week gap between my first and second appointment, I was no longer eligible. I explained my situation and she just repeated herself, offering no help or solution.

I read the fine print and explained nowhere did it state the 4 weeks starts from the day you walk into the center. Again she repeated what she had previously stated regarding the 2-week gap. I said this was not acceptable to me and asked to speak with a manager. She put me on hold, returning after a couple of minutes telling me no manager was available. After a couple of more exchanges, and her continuing to repeat herself, I once again asked for a manager. She put me on hold, and again came back saying no manager was available and this time adding that it wouldn’t matter anyway, that nothing would change the response she was giving me.

I then explained to her that I would have to leave the program, that I couldn’t give my money to and support a business that does not honor their commitments to their customers. I explained I would have continued to pay the $160/week for food for the next several weeks, and continue to buy food beyond that, and that they were turning away that revenue in favor of holding on to $100. She just said “yes” so I said I would be leaving the program and never walking through the doors of another center again.

She said “ok.” I then called my consultant to see if she could help. She told me they would say the same thing to her and there was really nothing she could do. I told her I would write a review and see if that got me anywhere. So here I am. I really don’t want to leave the program, and I am hoping someone will read this and care about me as a customer and a fan, and honor the commitment they made to me when I signed up for the program.

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. We appreciate you taking the time to allow us to address this situation.

Have a great weekend.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was looking for something that was gonna be easy because I work a lot overtime. 15 years ago, I had done Weight Watchers and I knew I wouldn’t have time to make sure that I was going to the grocery, getting all the stuff and cooking every night. I needed something I wouldn’t have to think about. With Jenny Craig, the food was gonna be basically there so that’s really what made me do it. This was a much simpler plan for me. Jenny Craig had some kind of special going on and I responded to the email then they ended up calling me to set something up. At first I was doing the program with Vicki, who was kinda like the manager there. Then Joanne took her place when she was hired. Both of them were excellent. They were very encouraging and really nice to work with.

So far, the experience has been great. My progress has probably gone a little slower than I thought it would’ve but I’ve had to interact with my work schedule sometimes where I couldn’t really stick on the program because I’d have to participate in lunch or dinner things. But I’ve tried to make good choices and Joanne has been real good about giving me ideas. She told me what kind of things to look for if I would be going out. So it has worked out pretty good. I haven’t felt punished. I got one more pound to meet my goal that I’ve set for myself. My doctor had given me a goal weight and I put myself down for seven pounds less than what she had told me. So I’m past what she told me to be at and I’ve been real pleased. I feel so much better too.

The program has been very easy and that’s what I liked about it. I always read about eating more in the morning and less at night for the metabolism. And I’m about to be 62. My metabolism was zilch. So it seems like Jenny Craig has helped in that respect. They’ve got four weekly menus that they have me follow on and they just kinda switch them up as time goes on. So I’ve been purchasing all this stuff from them. The food is very tasty and the quality has been good. Breakfast is my favorite meal. They have a lot of good options on there and that’s one thing because I was very boring before. I’d eat a boiled egg every morning and some fruit. So this has given me some other ideas on things.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience! We know life can be busy, which is why we plan and prepare your whole week for you. No worrying about counting any calories or points or spending your whole night cooking. Just follow our menu and begin to see results! We are so glad to hear Vicki and Joanne were there to support and guide you every week.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 11, 2019

My mother was on Jenny Craig on and off for years. Her friend was on it, and it worked for both of them. And my sister used it for a few months when she needed to lose weight for a wedding, and it worked well for her too. My family had success with using it. It was a year ago I start doing it. I called Jenny Craig since I could make an appointment that week.

They gave me good advice and food. They explained the program to me. And they said if I have any questions, I can contact them with anything about how to deal with, like if I wanna eat certain food, how to control, like just different food urges, and how do I control that by substituting chips for a fruit, stuff like that. The consultant was great to work with. Whenever I came in every week, it was very easy. I came in, talked about what I wanna do, and how I did that week and got my food. It was very quick. I didn't talk much about what I did because usually, there was a portion that was just losing the weight. It wasn't that bad. So, there's not much to talk about. Just like had to do this week, any questions, and then I'm usually in and out very quickly.

When I started, I was 288, and I lost seven pounds at the time before I start Jenny Craig. That was May last year. Now, I've gotten down almost 50 pounds. My goal is 220. So, I have another 20 pounds I wanna go. The program is very easy to work with and very adaptable. Like if I go away for the weekend, I'm able to bring some of the food with me, and I got freezer bag.

There's only like a few options I truly don't like. But that's my own personal taste. It's just I don't prefer to eat them. Like the sunshine sandwich, I'm not a fan of that sandwich. But it's not that bad, and most of the food taste really good. In the beginning, it was a little difficult, but as time goes on, I'm able to adapt to the size. I'll usually have some vegetables or fruit, and it keeps me full, more than I expect it to, especially in the beginning.

The meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli and corn are really good ones. For breakfast, I like the egg, turkey, sausage and cheese. The Burrito is really good. Chicken marsala is also enjoyable. That's the one I've eaten quite a lot that I liked. I'm satisfied with the meals. Considering most of them are either frozen and processed the food is enjoyable. It's something you can know obviously. But it's not the end of the world. I'm able to adapt to it. I definitely recommend Jenny Craig for somebody who wants to lose weight, and help get them into a fit program.

Hello Christopher,

We are so glad you and your family have seen great results from the program! You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig you not only lose weight, but you learn about proper portions and how to make healthier choices. We hope you are doing well with your weight loss goals.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 10, 2019

Jenny Craig has been amazing and incredible. The consultants were very nice and very helpful. And the menu has varieties of things like Italian, American and all types of food. But I would like more Italian food. I’m now more active as a result of the Jenny Craig program.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you've had a positive experience while on the program! You are absolutely right, our Consultants provide great support and guidance to help get you to your goals. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu, your suggestions will be shared with the proper internal teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 9, 2019

I had done Jenny Craig once but I wasn’t as committed to the program as I am now that my kids are grown and gone. I’m almost 52 so this time, I was really ready to make it a full commitment. I started January 25th and I’ve lost 45 pounds. I really appreciate Jenny Craig. From experience, I would not have been able to do it on my own. That includes a two-week trip to Israel and I didn’t even lose ground while I was there because I was making better choices. Plus, we were walking an average of 5 miles a day.

My first consultant was awesome but she was just really young so I switched to someone that was closer to my age. I felt like I would connect better to someone else who understands the challenges of menopause and a 50-year old body versus a 20-something-year old body. Mary is my consultant now and she’s been incredibly supportive. She’s been awesome. She’s like a cheerleader on the other side of the phone. I was worried about doing it from home. I was thinking if I couldn’t do it face-to-face with somebody weighing in, how am I gonna do it on my own by myself at my house, weighing in and then just talking to someone once a week. But it’s been really great and I look forward to those calls every week. If she’s travelling, I always have somebody great who fills in.

My son’s getting married a week from Saturday and I bought the dress before we went to Israel. I kept the larger size instead of keeping the smaller size ‘cause I thought Israel was gonna happen. I would lose ground and I needed to make sure that it fits me when I get back. And I weigh less now than I did when I bought the dress. We were in Florida about 3 years ago and I bought these little shift dresses. They barely fit when I bought them and I told myself what we always tell ourselves, “I’ll lose weight. It’ll look great.” I came home and washed them. Even though it was cold water, they didn’t fit after that and I was pretty flustered. I threw them in the downstairs closet so I didn’t have to look at them. And they fit now. They don’t touch anywhere. I can bend over and move and sit down, and they’re not tight anywhere on me now.

I love the meal plans. I follow the program and I don’t cheat. I’m on Rapid Results and I’ve just stayed on Rapid Results plan the whole time. I do the same 4 menus over and over. Menu 1 and 2 will come together in the mail, and then every other week, I get the next two menus. Then it just flips back over. So, after 1 and 2, I get 3 and 4, and then I go back to 1 and 2. I like all of the meals. The thing I like the most is the whole-wheat sesame bagel for breakfast. That’s a weird thing to have as a favorite breakfast, but I put one teaspoon of peanut butter across it and chop up a green apple. It's like a super happy breakfast. I use the peanut butter for my dairy and it’s very filling. I also love the fact that I can actually have triple-chocolate cheesecake. It’s delicious. I’m also really glad that the menu plan only gives it to me once a month.

The quality of the meals is really good. They taste really good. I can always pop an Italian wedding soup into a bag and I can even eat it cold. It’s good even if it’s cold. Our son was over on the weekend and there’s not a lot to eat in my house because of Jenny Craig. He ate the chicken tortilla soup and I gave him a bag of the tortilla chips to eat with it, and he thought it was really good. I’m really pleased with Jenny Craig and I’ve already recommended them to people. Anybody who says, “What have you done? There’s a big difference.” I say, “Jenny Craig.” I feel so much better and I’m able to do so much more. It’s amazing just how much of an internal transformation that external transformation brings.

Hello Tamara,

We are so glad to hear about your experience and congrats on your 45 lbs loss! With Jenny Craig, you never have to feel like you are going through this journey on your own! Our Consultants provide great support and tips to help get you to your goals. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 8, 2019

I’ve done other weight-loss programs and they didn’t work. I went with Jenny Craig and my first interaction with my personal consultant was very informative. She answered all my questions and I signed up the next day. I've been using the Jenny Craig program since February and I’m down 30 lbs. I love their meal plan. They’re very filling and they’re very good. I also like the convenience of it. I just chuck them in the microwave and I’m good to go. Everything works fine and my experience with Jenny Craig has been great.

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your 30 lbs loss, that is fantastic! With Jenny Craig we do all the planning and prepping for you, all you have to do is follow the weekly menu and start seeing results. We are so glad we get to be apart of your weight loss journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 7, 2019

It's been very positive with Jenny Craig. I chose them because of the rapid weight loss of 16 pounds in a month. The representative has been great the whole time and I'm very happy with her. She's very upbeat and encouraging. She has a positive attitude. First thing she always asks is, "How was your week?" She's not just rushing off. I started this first week in January and I'm almost at my goal weight to have lost 37 lbs. It's slowing down a little bit and I'm 2 or 3 lbs from it. She asked me if I made any changes. I have had a few other things I've eaten this past week that I haven't the whole time 'cause I have been really following the program. She's like, "Okay, you need to go back to what you've been doing." She really wants me to be successful. I like how she does keep me accountable. She listens and is really concerned about what I'm doing.

The other girl that runs the office is very good too. If I have errands to run, they let me keep the food there then come back and get it 'cause I live 45 minutes away. The one week that I couldn't go and get weighed in, she was very flexible. I'm on the whole program seven days a week so I'm only eating their food. They are of good quality. I like the desserts, the lava cake and the cheesecake. I also like the cheeseburger, the chicken salad, the crackers, the fish and chips, the turkey and wild rice, the corn chips and the pancakes with the sausage. Most of the food doesn't bother me at all but I don't like the chicken pot pie and the loaded baked potatoes. And it's the program that's expensive so the goal is to try to wean off. I'm happy that my representative is trying to get me to that point.

Hello Renee,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your success, that is definitely something to be proud of! You are absolutely right, when you meet with your Consultant you have all the support and guidance so you never have to feel like you are going through your journey alone. We are so glad to hear you've had a positive experience from the program.

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

Members meet in-person with a consultant or receive one-on-one support via phone or video chat while portioned meals and snacks are home delivered for about $20 a day, plus the cost of enrollment.

• Trial program: A 12-week trial membership costs $16, plus the cost of food, and includes one coaching session per week.

• Free appointment: Meet with a consultant at a Jenny Craig Center near you and learn how the program can be tailored to meet your needs with no obligation to buy.

• Diabetes-friendly plan: The Jenny Craig Type 2 plan combines one-on-one consultations with a special Type 2 menu so members can lose weight and better manage their Diabetes.

• Varied menu: There are over 100 menu items covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Snacks, shakes, sides, soups and syrups and dressings are also available, along with frozen selections.

• Online community: Members can communicate, share stories, participate in forums and connect with dietitians.

• Metabolism focused: Jenny Craig’s Rapid Results meal plan works with the body’s metabolism, encouraging you to eat six times a day during the most efficient weight loss time.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information