Call toll free
4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

331 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 15, 2019

A friend of mine referred Jenny Craig to me. At the Jenny Craig here, you usually meet with the managerial staff first. I really liked that their staff had lost some weight years ago. She was a success story herself. When I did Jenny Craig in the '90s, they had this little blonde girl as a consultant who never had a weight issue. But the fact that Jenny Craig has real people who have succeeded on the program themselves, that's relatable and I like that a lot.

As someone who has dieted my whole life and has a weight struggle on and off my whole adult life, this has been the easiest weight loss plan I’ve ever done by far. It’s almost like weight loss for dummies. I was a big fan of Weight Watchers and I lost a bunch of weight years ago with them. But with Jenny Craig, I like the fact they are more structured. They also have the food available and you don't have to do any thinking. I really like the food a lot. You’re eating things that you like as opposed to kale and grilled fish. They've gotten better too since the early '90s.

Also, your investment makes you more accountable. When you’re spending money, it makes you do better. I was like the poster child for Jenny Craig last year. I hit my goals and at one point, I was at 70 pounds in about 9 months so I had a lot of success. I’ve been keeping the weight off too. I’ve actually had several people join Jenny Craig as a result of my success. They’re just great here and they check in on you.

Hello Meredith,

Thank you so much for your review and congrats on meeting your goal!
You are absolutely correct, Jenny Craig is all about structure and routine.

We save you time by preparing the food for you. No counting calories or points, and you still get to have some of your favorite foods!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My experience with Jenny Craig has been great. My doctor made a comment that she didn’t wanna keep writing prescriptions if I wasn’t gonna do something about my weight. That was hard to hear, so I called Jenny Craig. Because of health reasons, I needed good dietary food so I asked if their food was real, which was the main thing that made me go with them. I checked with another company and theirs was not. Jenny Craig's food is great. I absolutely love the chicken and rice or the turkey and rice. I detest the squash and I don’t know what went with it. And I couldn't do some of the pasta dishes. I like pasta but that could be improved.

I lost about two pounds a week and I wasn’t expecting to lose weight as quickly as I did. Within the first couple of months, my doctor noticed immediately and asked how I was losing weight. I said that it was Jenny Craig. She said to keep it up. My doctor told me to lose 50 pounds and I thought that was crazy. Being able to walk was gonna be difficult if I didn’t lose 50 pounds and I didn’t think I could do it. However, within six to eight months, I ended up losing 60 pounds.

Hello Natalie,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on your 60 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We are so glad to hear your health has improved, that is so important.

Thank you for your feedback on some of our menu items, it will be shared with our internal teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 13, 2019

I hate cooking. I know lots of my friends in the meal prep programs right now are trendier. But I am not gonna spend my whole Sunday cooking. So I wanted something already done for me. When I researched the most mainstream ones, like Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem and South Beach, Jenny Craig was the most recommended by reputable institutions. I didn't like my first in-center experience though. She didn't explain things super well but I knew I wanted to do the program so I did it. Then I called the center director and asked for a different consultant the next time I went in. They obliged and the second consultant was wonderful. I really liked her. She was older. I kind of wanted someone in their 30's or 40's, and she was super nice. She definitely helps me. I've also felt more accountable doing the weekly visits. It wasn't always the most convenient thing but it was nice to go in. I felt a little bit more held to task.

My first round was four months, January through April of 2018, and I lost 18 pounds. Then this round has been three months. I do the pre-fixed meal plan partially because it's cheaper. The preset menu includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and nighttime snack. You also get a granola bar in the middle of the day. You have fruit twice a day and you have veggie twice a day. There are some foods that I love and some foods that I hate but I don't have to think about it. They give me a printed menu. I stick it up on my pantry door and label the day of the week at the top of it. Then in the morning, I look and I know exactly what to pull out of my freezer when.

The food is not the best. It's not eating at a five-star restaurant every night. But it is not horrible. My favorite one is the cheeseburger. It is not the best cheeseburger I've ever eaten but I love it. Then for dinner, I love the mac and cheese. It's really good. It comes with broccoli and carrots, and I add extra broccoli. I also like the chicken, cheese and mashed potato. It tastes very much like comfort food. I put it over mashed cauliflower as my vegetable so it feels like I had more mashed potatoes. I have to get creative and follow the boards and the Pinterest pages but it's definitely easy to adjust to make it more filling than Nutrisystem or South Beach. That was one of the reasons why I chose Jenny Craig. There were more blogs that had already redone Jenny food to make it different.

The only thing that I would prefer is if you can either have the sweet snack option or a savory snack option. I would prefer to have a sweet snack every day rather than the popcorn or the ranch snacks. After dinner, if I'm trying not to have a glass of wine, it's easier if I know I get a sweet. But if I luck out and get corn chips, I want my wine.

Jenny Craig is not a miracle fix and it's not always the best thing. Sometimes you'll go get a piece of pizza and on Jenny Craig, you cannot eat out. Well, you can but it's not recommended. But Jenny Craig is easy and I would recommend to friends. My experience has been positive and besides, Jenny Craig has two different kinds of pizzas, a margherita and a pepperoni, and they're not bad.

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely correct, with Jenny Craig we save you time by preparing the food for you and it's so easy to follow!
We're glad that the Center Director worked with you to get a Consultant that best fit your needs.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our menu items, it will be shared with our internal teams.

Have a great week!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I joined Jenny Craig last year in an attempt to lose weight. The first several months were fabulous, with great results. I unfortunately reached a point where I could no longer afford a full plan menu, so I reduced the amount of food I was buying and supplemented in ways that the Jenny program taught me. The company asked me to sign a form stating that I was doing this, which I did.

However money continued to get tight, and I reached a point that I couldn't afford ANY Jenny food, but figured that I'd continue to see my consultant for encouragement. At this point I was notified by a regional manager that if I wasn't purchasing food, I'd have to reduce my in office appointments to about once per month, despite paying for a 2-year membership.

I understand that the company makes money off of the food that they sell, but if they can't even afford 15 minutes for me each week to try and encourage me, what's the point of even trying to stay on the program? I'm not asking for hours of time each week - just someone to weigh me in and hold me accountable, even if I'm not buying the products. Even when I can't afford the food, I wish I could rely on the company to encourage me, but clearly that membership fee is just a glorified Costco membership giving me the ability to buy food.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will have a Manager reach out to you soon regarding your account as we would like to address your concerns.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My sister-in-law had gone to Jenny Craig and she had had great success with it. She had lots of testimonies to the fact that it was satisfactory for losing weight and I decided to give it a try. I stayed with it for a year and it works but you get tired of the same old thing. I didn't care as much for the dry foods and the desserts things. But I liked most of the food, particularly the roast beef and the baked potato. The food is way expensive though. I have not been going and I gained 10 pounds back. I'm not very happy with myself. But before that, I lost 40 pounds and my personal consultant was super too. She had been overweight and she had lost a lot of weight. She could relate.

Hello Fern,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you and your sister-in-law had great success while on the program.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our menu items, it will be shared with our internal teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 11, 2019

I decided to enroll with Jenny Craig because of my insurance company. They offered a discount and they said that it was one of the only weight loss programs that was proven to be effective. The very first time I went on Jenny Craig, I signed up and then the rep compared my discount from the insurance company to any specials that they had. Then I signed up with someone to talk to. It was good.

I've been on Jenny Craig twice and the first time was wonderful. I lost 45 pounds so that was awesome. I also changed my eating habits. I ate way more vegetables than I ever did before and I did lose weight. But I gained weight when I was off which is why I went back on. I did lose 17 pounds when I went back on Jenny Craig. But I had three different consultants and the first one was not accurate in the food that she told me. You can go on any weight loss program but with Jenny Craig, the consultant piece and the quality interaction are so important. Being really accurate is so important when really caring about people. The second consultant I had wasn't very nice either and although the third one was okay, by then, I was somewhat frustrated. That was when I left.

Another issue is that on the second time, I had essentially the same meals and I got tired of eating the same food. I also knew that when I have to go back to eating my own food, you can't get that kind of food out there in the world. It would be very difficult. I was completely dependent on Jenny Craig. So whenever I went off, I gained weight because I couldn't find that food.

Hello Beatrice,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you had great results while on the program.
With Jenny Craig, we do offer a Maintenance Program. Your Consultant will help you build healthy meals while mixing in the Jenny Craig food.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, it will be shared with our internal teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 10, 2019

I used Jenny Craig for almost a solid year and I had an absolutely phenomenal experience. I've learned and done a lot of the things, and I've kept the weight off. That's always a good sign. The program genuinely works. You'll have ups and downs but if you keep pressing through it, it comes off. Use the counselor when you're feeling like you can't make it. She can come up with ideas such as making up the vegetable soup. That's really good. So if you're really hungry, you can have a little vegetable soup and you really aren't going to hurt your gain on the program in any way.

Maryann was my counselor and she was very good. I have multiple sclerosis so setting some of the goals was a little harder for me because I would have to go on steroids and that really messes things up. She would work with me to try to balance that and be realistic in thinking that maybe I didn't lose as much the first time as I would because of the steroids but that I should keep on it. I needed the weekly visits, especially in the beginning. I made them on a Monday because that would make me be better on the weekend, which is when you usually go out to eat and then it's harder to be as diligent, smart and wise. But I don't want to make it good or bad. That's another thing I learned.

The other thing is to look at the portions. That was probably the biggest for me. Years ago, I had tried Nutrisystem and before I started with Jenny Craig, I knew that I needed something to help me do portion control and proper balance of meals. Now, when I go to a restaurant, I order a six or eight-ounce steak, whatever they have in that range, and as soon as it comes to my table, I cut the entire meal in half. I put it away in the box and take it home for another meal. The reason I don't wait until the end is because I'm usually going out because I'm with someone. Then we're gonna sit there talking. If the food sits on my plate, I will continue to eat it. It's human nature. Whereas if I cut it in half and I've already put it in the box to go home, I can finish what's on my plate and just relax with everybody.

I started at 215 and I got down to 183 but occasionally, I would dip under. I'm 184 today and I'll be 182 tomorrow. My final goal is to get under 180 but if I don't, I'm not gonna worry about it. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14. Some people say they have to get to a certain number. But I never really said that. I was looking at how I looked in my clothes and feeling my body and what works for me. And a size 12 or 14, depending on the cut of the pants, is quite fine for me. And they had taken a before thing so now, I need my after picture.

I have even kept one pair of pants. When I'm having a particular need for the munchies, I get the pants out of the closet and I open them up. This was Maryann's idea. One side of me looks like it could fit in one side now and I say I don't wanna do that again then I just don't eat. I only had one issue with Jenny Craig. They have you eat that little bar they give. But I can't eat that because one of my issues is swallowing. It wouldn't get small enough for me.

But I liked the variety of the meal plans. They change a little bit each week. However, I'm allergic to onions and that made it a little hard because things that I would have enjoyed, such as the tuna, all have raw onion in them. I'm also not crazy about ravioli but I really liked some of the meat dishes, and you can swap them out. The personal consultant can look at which ones are comparable for what you need for your balance for the day. That worked very well for me.

Hello Sherry,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are absolutely correct, our goal is not just to help you lose weight, it is to help you learn to maintain your weight loss.
Having great guidance and support is so important, and we are so glad Maryann was there for you every step of the way.

I like the pants idea, it's a great reminder of how far you've came.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 9, 2019

A colleague seemed to find some success with Jenny Craig and when I first dealt with them, the interaction was great. I like the personal consultant quite a bit. I've been in the program for a little over a year now but I haven’t been there in about a month. I’ve been so darn busy with everything and I kinda cooled it off. Plus when you’re moving, there’s an awful lot of expenses going on right there that I just curtailed my Jenny Craig food for the last month or so. But I've found that I can be very enthusiastic now.

I don’t typically buy breakfast from Jenny Craig though. I have Cheerios cereal, a banana and a cup of coffee. I basically have that same breakfast everyday and I've been having that breakfast pretty much for several years. So I’m okay with repetitiveness. I've found some things to do too. I was always pliable. I always tried something out, picked out which ones I liked and what I didn't like as much. That was enjoyable and all in all, it’s all pretty good quality. We would recommend Jenny Craig and I have. The program quieted a lot of the voices in my head. It's something that's simple to follow that was not going to result in any regret or associated guilt.

Hello Richard,

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad to hear you had a great experience while on the program. You are absolutely right, with everything planned out for you it makes the program so easy to follow and get to your goals.

When you're ready to come back, give our team a call.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 8, 2019

My friend had a lot of success with Jenny Craig. I’ve also heard good things about the quality of the food and the support, and it was what I was looking for at the time. The first interaction with Jenny Craig was good and it was as I expected. However, I did not connect very well with the first person I worked with. I then switched to someone else who I loved. I was quite pleased with the quality of the food. I did some comparison with other programs afterwards and could not stick with them because they were so bad in comparison. I was on the program for four months about a year ago and it was very easy. I lost 15 and I was satisfied. I would love to come back to Jenny Craig but I can’t afford it right now.

Hello Martha,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you and your friend had great success while on the program.
We are also happy to hear the Center worked with you to get a Consultant that best fit your needs.

Whenever you are ready to come back, give our team a call.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My sister-in-law went on Jenny Craig’s program and she did well with it. I was hoping to lose weight, so I decided to join. I went in and the reps at Jenny Craig explained the program to me. It sounded good to me so I gave it a try. I have an awesome personal consultant. She is the greatest and I love her. During my weekly visits, she goes over what my goals are and the challenges I’m gonna face for the week in meeting my goal. She also checks my plan on how to deal with the challenges. I have several meals that are my favorites but I love their vanilla shakes the most. I started using the program on February 1st of 2018 and I’m still on it. It has been a little over a year and I’ve lost 60 pounds. I have recommended Jenny Craig to several people.

Hello Jeanne,

Thank you for your review and congrats on losing 60 lbs so far!

You are absolutely right, your Consultant will help you create a plan for the week and hold you accountable. Jenny Craig is all about structure and routine! We're glad to hear you enjoy the food and the shakes.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I told Jenny Craig that I was referred by someone but rather than putting down the referral, they put that I was referred by them to the phone call center. Other than that, my personal consultants have been amazing. I love each and every one that I’ve had. I've been on the program for about a year and a half now and working with a dedicated personal consultant weekly has affected me positively as it keeps me on track. It’s hard for me to lose weight in general, plus we vacation a lot, but I have lost weight and the program helps me maintain that. Their meal plan is good and has a lot of flexibility to it. They have one with chicken and cheese, and that's my favorite.

Hello Martha,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you have a great connection with your Consultant.

You are absolutely right, your Consultant is there to help you create a plan for the week and get you back on track. Thank you for your feedback on our menu items, we work with multiple chefs to create our meals so you never feel like you are missing out!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 6, 2019

One of my friends is doing Jenny Craig and she is so successful. She referred me and I went and did like a consultation. They went over the plan and what to do. I felt really good about it so I started last March with them. I tried pretty everything of their meals like their chicken marsala, beef merlot, turkey and wild rice. I always stuck with the plan and never changed any of the meals. The meals are of very good quality and I would recommend it to anyone. I was progressing very well with Jenny Craig and I was almost my goal weight. But a lot of things have been going on and I kinda fell off the plan. I started gaining the weight back.

Hello Rachael,

Thank you so much for your review.
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the food, each recipe has gone through rigorous taste testing criteria. I will definitely share your feedback with the proper teams.

If you are ever ready to come back, give our team a call.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Jenny Craig was rated by the US News as one of the best diet programs. I've also seen their commercial where there were testimonials and that people were losing weight. My friend lost weight on it, too. I decided to give it a shot and got a very nice consultant named Tanya. On our initial meeting, she explained all the meal plans and how to incorporate some exercise around with a diet program to see the results. Everything was very clear, so it was very good.

I met with Tanya once a week and she would do the weigh-in as well as the measurements for my waistline, bust and hips once a month. I also go there to get the food for the meal plan. I started at 152 pounds and went down to 140, then I stopped around December. I was on the program for almost a year. At some point, I wasn’t losing any weight. I had PCOS and insulin-resistance, so I didn’t wanna get anything too sweet when it came to the snacks and desserts. Tanya said it’s not gonna be effective and that I have to make some adjustments on it. I told her I was gonna do the keto and would probably come back to Jenny if I have to.

I like how convenient it was that I don’t even have to cook anything. I could just heat up the food, eat it, and then work out. So, the same meal all the time. I got the breakfast burrito and the egg scramble bowls. And then, the chicken tacos for lunch - that would be the chicken tender with the fries or the pasta. There were so many other options on there. It's just that there was that point where it may have been that I had to incorporate more exercise or had to adjust maybe the calories for the meal plan. Otherwise, I was very satisfied with the experience. Tanya was very helpful and she worked with me. Even when I had to see someone else because of her day off schedule, they were able to help me. That was very convenient. And when I was out of town, I would be able to see another consultant at other locations. They were very accommodating.

Hello Sheereen,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with Tanya and the Consultants in the Center.

You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig you save time by having the meals planned out for you. No counting calories or points, you just have to follow the menu!

We hope you are doing well with your health goals!

Thank you again and have a great day,

Original review: March 5, 2019

I really like the Jenny Craig program and I would recommend it to someone else. My mom told me about them. I had a really helpful, knowledgeable, and welcoming consultant. I really like her and that made it easier for me to decide to go with Jenny Craig. I've been with them for a year and three months now. I hit my goal weight after five months and I've been on maintenance ever since. I tried Weight Watchers before and doing it on my own. Comparing with Jenny Craig, the program I have now has the meals ready so I don't have to think about it myself. Their meals include macaroni and cheese, French toast, beef merlot, and chicken pot pie. They're flavorful and there are lots of good variety.

Hello Chloe,

Thank you so much for your review and congrats on reaching your goal! You are absolutely right, Jenny Craig saves you time by preparing the food for you. No counting calories or points, no group meetings, just one on one time.

Thank you for your feedback on our menu items.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have tried all the other weight loss program and when I did my own research, I found Jenny Craig. The person who checked me in and who I visited with every week had been amazing. He was the reason that I had a very positive experience. Every week, I go in and weigh in. My personal consultant and I talked about how I did and any questions that I had. My weekly visit was always very positive and I look forward to it because I was successful. I lost 55 pounds which was what I wanted to lose and why I stayed with Jenny Craig. Their menu plan was fine. The desserts were good although the food wasn't that great. But because I was losing weight, it was worth it.

Hello Wendy,

Thank you so much for your review and congrats on the 55 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We're so glad to hear you and your Consultant had a great connection as well as a positive experience on the program.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our menu items, it will be shared with the proper teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 3, 2019

My friend had really good success with Jenny Craig that I decided to go with it as well. My experience has been very good. I met my weight loss goal of around 42 pounds in about eight months, and I’ve been on maintenance since May of 2018. I was very surprised about the meals. There has only been a few of the entrees that I truly don’t care for, and my consultant lets me swap those out. The two that I can’t eat come in little pop-top cans, and there’s chicken salad and tuna salad. I have cats and the whole thing reminds me too much of cat food. But overall, I’ve been really happy. My weight loss has been very noticeable, so a lot of people have asked me about it, and I very straightly tell them it’s Jenny Craig. I have recommended many people.

My only concern has been recently with the second of my reps leaving. I was never told in advance. I just arrived for my biweekly maintenance meeting and was met at the door by a complete stranger who told me that Anne was gone. It felt a little impersonal. All I was told was that the manager doesn’t like clients to know when someone’s leaving. My thought was I’m not a child and in some regard, maybe I deserved to be told. But my consultants have been great. The first one got a promotion within Jenny Craig and the second one recently took a job outside of the company. I’m now on my third consultant and she seemed really kind and friendly.

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats on reaching your goal, that is fantastic! Thank you for your feedback on some of our menu items.

I'm very sorry to hear you were unaware of your Consultant leaving. I will forward these concerns to the proper management team.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 2, 2019

I was on Jenny from April to August and unfortunately was not seeing results as I used to. I felt more hungry. I decided to stop the program around end of August beginning of September. I called the center and sent out a text to my consultant. Apparently, my card was kept on their file and was charged monthly for 7 months without me knowing it!!

Hi Yekaterina,

We're happy a resolution was reached with a Manager. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My son ended up working for Jenny Craig in California and he kept telling me it would be a good thing to try, so I did. While in the program, I didn’t have to think about what my meals had to be, they were all planned for me. I liked the spaghetti and the breakfasts and soups were all quite good. Also, the consultant was fantastic. She took a look at anything I had during the week I considered a challenge. She always covered things like if I had a dinner out or a party or something like that going on or if I was going on vacation. And she checked if I was pleased with all the different foods or ones to eliminate. Talking to her every week really helped me stick to my goals. I was on it for about half a year and I’ve been off of their guidance for quite a while now and it has stuck. I lost the weight I wanted to lose and I’m in good shape. I've recommended them to quite a few people. I have a good friend on the program right now.

Hello Pauline,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we're so glad you had great success on the program. You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig you save so much time since the meals are planned out for you.

Having the weekly meetings help you create a plan and hold you accountable.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 1, 2019

The initial interaction I had with Jenny Craig was informative and sounded promising. My personal consultant was outstanding. She was easy to talk to. I've lost 20 pounds but things got hectic with my husband in December, so I stopped going to my consultant, Naveen, during the month of January. I gained a couple of pounds and I started to go back this month.

The menu plan is outstanding. It is very easy to follow and it has made life very easy for me. For my entrees, I particularly enjoy the meatloaf salisbury steak. I usually order two or three of those a week. I love the breakfast burritos and the cinnamon cake in the morning with coffee. For my lunches, I love the burgers and the chicken sandwiches, so I'm pretty set in my diet. I was a fast food eater, and the chicken sandwiches and the tacos made it really easy to maintain my preference in diet. I'm impressed with the quality of the meals. They're tasty. I just add a salad and I'm fine. They're very satisfying.

Even when I finish losing all my weight, I would still eat the food because it's good. Also, I love going to see Naveen. I see her every week. I don't have the room in my freezer to hold the food for two weeks, so I just go in every week and pick up a new batch of food. But I wish there was a way that I can order the food online, so I wouldn't have to go in, like with the Nutrisystem where you just order the food and you get it, and you don't have to go in. Jenny Craig is about 10 miles from my house, so it takes me about 20 minutes to get there and back. So it would be easier if the food just came to my house and I went in once a month.

Hello Cyndi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Having a Consultant like Naveen is so important, we all need that support and guidance when going through changes in our lives.

You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we do all the planning for you, no counting calories or points, and you still get to enjoy some of your favorite meals.

We do have a Jenny Craig Anywhere option with home delivery and phone or Skype meetings, call our team for more information.

Thank you again and have a great day,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I started Jenny Craig 2 weeks ago. I have lost 3 lbs. the first week which is ok. My complaint is: I told my counselor, "I am pre-diabetic and is there a program lower in sugar and carbs." She printed a diet apparently geared toward diabetic. The diet is the same as the regular program minus the bars. My first breakfast the second week was waffles with breakfast syrup. Not acceptable. One of the breakfasts is a Cranberry Almond Barscotti which has 13g sugar, 24g total carbs. This diet is not for diabetics.

Hi Jan,

We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your Jenny Craig experience. Our Jenny Craig for Type 2 Menu is designed by registered dietitians to provide 45% of calories from carbohydrates, 30% from fat, and 25% from protein. In a year long clinical trial Jenny Craig participants had greater improvements in HbA1C as well as triglyceride level.

We wish you all the best on our wellness journey.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Jenny Craig came with high recommendation and since I needed something to help kickstart me, I gave it a shot. I’ve talked with them over the phone and everything was wonderful. They’re very informative and supportive of life and just everything going on around you. My personal consultant and I would have our meetings in the morning, just a conversation. I would give her my weight and she would ask me if I had had highs or lows in the week and if there was something difficult to stick with in the plan or if it wasn’t. I felt that it was easy to communicate and take accountability for everything that I did.

I stopped in October of '18 as I had met all my goals and I’ve been in an amazing mood since then, which has been great. I had started in June and from June to October, I lost 45 pounds. It was really good. I just started with the food and I had awesome results. After three weeks, I had more energy so then I started a running program, and the combination of the two was very good.

For the most part, the food was fabulous. There were a couple things that I didn’t really care for but that’s just personal preference. I’m kinda picky when it comes to meat. So I didn’t really care for a lot of the meals that were meat-driven. But their hamburgers and their pizzas were great. They also had a chicken mix that you could put over a salad and I loved that. It's some type of Southwest blend. That was one of my favorites. Everything was just very flavorful and tasty. Everybody kept asking how my diet was going and it didn’t really show like I was on a diet. In terms of the shipments, everything was also on time and it was seamless. It happened almost automatically.

Hello Jacee,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and congrats on meeting your goal! That is great to hear you noticed your energy level increase after just 3 weeks on the program.

We are also happy to hear your Consultant was there to help guide and support you on your weight loss journey.

Thank you again and have a great week,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

A friend recommended Jenny Craig and I came in, made an appointment, and they sat down and got me started on the program. My consultant, Karen, is great and very supportive. She's very kind, patient, very encouraging, and enthusiastic. We will always look out for my week and say what we got coming up and what obstacles are gonna get in my way, and then we plan for things. I really, really appreciate that. She really helped me think about things and learn how to do this. Right now, I'm transitioning to maintenance and she's helping me with coming off the Jenny Craig food and getting onto my own food and ideas and coaching. I couldn't do it without her. And the progress and results have been very good. I've lost over 80 pounds and I'm doing great. Also, I liked the menu plan and the food. I love the convenience. I'm gonna miss that now that I'm on maintenance. I have recommended Jenny Craig.

Hello Colleen,

Thank you so much for your review. Congrats on your 80 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We are glad to hear Karen is there to support you and help you reach your goals.

We hope you continue the same motivation and success while you transition to maintenance.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I must have been one of Jenny's first customers and bought a lifelong membership. It has helped me lose weight periodically when I was having difficulty doing it myself. I must say, though, that when I rejoined recently I was disappointed in how the food had changed. Mesquite chicken and Salisbury Steak used to have a sizable portion of meat, now the meat portions have really been cut back. There is barely any chicken at all in the Chicken Marsala or any pork in the burrito bowl. As I get older I need to eat more protein and less carbohydrate. I get the feeling that Jenny is leaving out meat to save money on the product, which is not the right way to go with the business. Don't sell me a bunch of sugar and carbohydrates, please. This recent change in plan seems to rely on the customer to provide the protein in the Greek yogurt and cottage cheese that one has to buy oneself.

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your feedback.

We can assure you that we are not cutting back on anything. Food quality is very important to us, if you ever feel like an item is lacking anything please report this to your Consultant so we may investigate. Jenny Craig provides clients a nutritionally balanced diet that promotes healthy weight loss. Your Consultant will be happy to help you with adding more protein to your diet if you have specific needs.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a great week.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We’ve been on the Jenny Craig program for about a year and have both achieved satisfactory results. Decent but not phenomenal. But it’s a good program that we have both recommended. Our problem is that not once in that year has JC done any customer surveys of any kind. The menu changes and good food is replaced with something less appealing. Now I can understand making changes but why is the customer never surveyed at all? The longer we’re on it the more it begins to feel like a “This is the program, like it or leave” philosophy.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your feedback. At times we do change items to keep variety within our menu and stay on top of popular food trends our clients want to see. We understand that everyone has different tastes they like however, we always strive to provide the best quality and variety of food to our clients. We can assure you our food does go through several taste test panels prior to making it to our menu. We appricaite feedback from our clients and often things do remain on the menu or are brought back because of client feedback.

Please feel free to share your feedback at anytime with our team by emailing us. We're happy to hear that we have been able to help you achieve your health goals.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Hmmm, 2 lbs. in 2 weeks?? Spent close to $400 for 2 weeks food (including groceries like fruit, veg and dairy). I hardly think 2 lbs is successful like my consultant says, that I should be proud of myself?? Why so I can spend another $400 for maybe another 2 lbs. She never even asked what my activity level was and asked if I had followed the diet to the letter!!! Um, yes... I am a grown adult. I know how to read a menu plan and why would I cheat for this exhorbitant amount of money. Microwave meals mostly and a lot of it was mystery meat. I did not feel I was eating healthy other than the fruits and veggies I bought myself. I do better on my own diet. All this is is portion control, 1200 calories per day. You can do this on your own for 1/4 the cost and much healthier!! Bye Jenny. I'm having a Lean Cuisine for $2.00 on sale.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us so we may address your concerns.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This is my second time doing Jenny Craig. I started back in May of 2018. I am currently down a nice amount of weight, but have been struggling with weight coming off the way it did to begin with since September. I have been seriously slowed down and losing motivation because the weight just stopped coming off like it had been. About 3 weeks ago, I finally asked my consultant if I should be lowering my calorie intake soon, as we do on Jenny Craig when we hit certain weight loss goals, and it turns out that my calorie intake should have been reduced 37 pounds ago in my weight loss.

That was way back in July and it is currently January!! I am very upset... This could be a big part of the reason my weight loss has slowed so much. I have gone through emotional distress and paid nearly $150 a week for weeks on end and I had no idea I was eating too many calories for so long... Called Jenny Craig, they will do absolutely nothing about it at all!!! They are rude and they could care less about me.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us. We will private message you with our contact info should you need assistance in the future.

Thank you again for your time.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have been a Lifetime member of Jenny Craig since 1997. Initially the food was so good I didn’t mind the price. Over the past 20 years the quality of the food has increasingly diminished, and believe me, I have eaten a lot of JC food. The Salisbury Steak used to be served with roasted red skins. Now the potato has been replaced with watery tasteless mashed potatoes. Horrible! The Salisbury steak used to be a nice thick tasty portion. Now it is thin and tasteless. The Macaroni and Cheese, the Chicken Fettucini, the Meatloaf are now barely acceptable. All of the dishes containing chicken are terrible.

The chicken is rubbery and tasteless! What is happening, Jenny? My turn to low calorie low-fat meals are now barely edible. Everything has decreased while cost continues to increase! THIS IS A PLEA: PLEASE JENNY... BRING BACK THE MEALS WHICH MADE YOU GREAT! Please do not continue on your horrible downhill journey!

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Food quality is very important to us. At Jenny Craig, our meals are chef crafted with premium quality ingredients. To keep our menu fresh and full of variety we are consistently introducing new items. At times, we do renovate existing items to introduce new flavors and stay on trend with what our clients want.

We're sad to hear you did not like the items mentioned, we'll make sure to share your feedback with our internal team. Thank you again for your feedback.

Have a great weekend.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I used Jenny Craig 15 years ago and then, a friend referred me. I liked the way that the plan was set up. It was easy and they were very organized with the food. There was no measuring and no counting. Currently, the consultant gave me the information that I needed to make sure that I could follow the plan correctly. I like to know how and why, and she gave me all of that. I liked the girl that I had for eight months but she left. She got to know all about me and knew what my issues were as well as my hotspots. I have a new girl and she started with me in the last four months. She was getting on board. Switching consultants was difficult because I felt I had a personal relationship with the first girl, and I’m working on it with the second girl so, it was hard for me at first.

Utilizing the menu plan doesn’t give me the flexibility to go off plan so, I like that. It figures it all out for me because if I had to choose everything myself, I would eat mac and cheese all day and every day which would defeat the purpose. I’m on a Type 2 plan, so I try everything once that’s on the plan and if I don’t like it, I sub it out the next time. I don’t like the soup and I don’t eat fish. I thought I would love the pasta, but I didn’t. I didn’t care for some of the food at all but most of it was very good. I like the meatloaf and mac and cheese. For breakfast, I like the scrambled or the omelets. Those are good because I like anything sweet.

The quality of the meals are good and they come packaged with the information on them. Since using Jenny Craig, I have lost 47 pounds and I have met my goal weight. I have reduction in some of my medications and my A1C is much lower. I feel better and I wanna move more. Jenny Craig requires some self-control on your own part but it sets you up for success. You just have to follow the plan.

Hello Karin,

Thank you for your review and congrats on the 47 lbs loss, that is fantastic! You are absolutely correct, Jenny Craig’s structure and routine builds healthy habits, and our Planned Menus are an important component of the Program.

We hope you are doing well maintaining your weight now that you have met your goal.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had tried Jenny Craig six years ago and I did it for about a month and it worked really well at the time. I started going back in June and they’re great to work with. However, I’m not the typical client and I don’t like to go in there and weigh. They really would like me to, but when I first started, I had a boot on because I broke my foot and in no way, I could take my boot off. Still, they were good and I’ve lost 40 pounds since. After I did the first four-week plan, I lost 15 pounds in that so I really stuck to it. I’m a little bit independent and it’s my commitment to lose weight. Jenny can be there to support me, but they can’t walk me to their table so I go in and order whatever I wanna order, which is good for me. I don’t follow any food plan now. But it’s really great to work with them because I can do that. They know I’m making progress.

My husband and I are retired so we travel a lot. I set goals for myself in between trips. We had a big trip in July and we were gone for two weeks. I didn’t go on a diet during those two weeks. Then we had another trip on the 1st of September. Overall, since before Thanksgiving, I have not been trying to diet and I’ve just been trying to maintain. I still go and get the Jenny Craig food, but I don’t eat that at every meal. I might eat it once a day or I’ll try to eat that when I’m trying to eat my breakfast every day. Or if we go out during the day, I try to come home and have just that for dinner.

Jenny Craig has really good food and the main thing I like about is it’s so convenient. It’s like a typical frozen food, but it’s fresher than anything you get in the grocery store. I’m a designer and I still design about three days a week. In the days that I go to the design office, I always take my Jenny Craig food because if I don’t, I’m too tempted. There’s always people bringing in pizza or hamburgers. Jenny Craig's meals are convenient to take with you to work. It’s also convenient when you come home, you’re tired, and you pop one of those in the microwave. It tastes good and there is not a lot of salt in it. Jenny Craig has been awesome for me. I’m 67, so it dawned on me at one point that I’ve gotta do this. I’m getting to the point where if I don’t do it now, I’ll never do it. I’ve had people tell me I look 20 years younger and it's been a great booster for my ego.

Hello Linnie,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on the 15 lbs loss in your first four weeks, those are great results! You are absolutely right, with Jenny we plan your meals out for you so you won't have to plan or track anything, it's so easy to follow. We're glad you enjoyed the food and hope you are doing well reaching your goals!

Thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I knew people that were on the Jenny Craig program and it sounded good. It got me enticed so, back in the mid 90’s, I joined as a lifetime member. I’ve been a member for 20 years and it has never worked for me before the way it worked last time due to the Rapid Results. When I first began my journey, my mom had just passed last September which was a big wake-up call to get healthy. So, I started exercising starting last October. In January, I wanted to kickstart it and I came into Jenny Craig. I knew I could trust them because I used them before. I never made it to maintenance before but I knew that they had something. They told me about Rapid Results so, I started doing it. It was a big lifestyle change. I had to have new habits and new food. I had a lot of cravings at the beginning. It was difficult but they were able to coach me through it.

The consultants were very warm and helpful because I had some challenges. I got sick a couple of times and they had some good ideas about what to eat when I was sick, and what to eat when I had cravings. Lydia and Renee were amazing. They had great ideas, tips and tricks and so, I was able to do it. After six months, I lost the cravings. Then, at 11 months, I hit my maintenance and my goal which was going to the Bahamas and having a beach body. I’ve been doing weekly but I just transitioned to bi-weekly.

Jenny Craig has great food which was why I wanna keep going and buying it. I love the chicken ranch melt, the chicken teriyaki bowl, the Philly, chicken carbonara, ham and swiss baguette and the cheeseburger. I also like the chocolate cheesecake and all the snacks like the cheese curls, the cheese crisps and the tortilla chips. The ranch snaps are good and I like their shakes and bars. I kinda stopped eating the breakfast from them because I was able to find breakfast that are comparable in the grocery store.

It took a long time to start this new habit. It took me six months to get to where I had no cravings. In the beginning, I couldn’t sleep all night. I’d look at my clock every hour and think about when I can eat again. You have to stick with it, go to the consultations, eat the food and follow the directions. If you do all that, it will work. I’ve been telling my friends about Jenny Craig and I had a friend that joined. It was a big investment but it really works.

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for your review and congrats on meeting your goal! I'm sure that was such a great feeling to have the confidence and be comfortable with how you look. We're so glad to hear Lydia and Renee are there to support you through your journey.

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

Members meet in-person with a consultant or receive one-on-one support via phone or video chat while portioned meals and snacks are home delivered for about $20 a day, plus the cost of enrollment.

• Trial program: A 12-week trial membership costs $16, plus the cost of food, and includes one coaching session per week.

• Free appointment: Meet with a consultant at a Jenny Craig Center near you and learn how the program can be tailored to meet your needs with no obligation to buy.

• Diabetes-friendly plan: The Jenny Craig Type 2 plan combines one-on-one consultations with a special Type 2 menu so members can lose weight and better manage their Diabetes.

• Varied menu: There are over 100 menu items covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Snacks, shakes, sides, soups and syrups and dressings are also available, along with frozen selections.

• Online community: Members can communicate, share stories, participate in forums and connect with dietitians.

• Metabolism focused: Jenny Craig’s Rapid Results meal plan works with the body’s metabolism, encouraging you to eat six times a day during the most efficient weight loss time.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information