Call toll free
4.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

304 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I used Jenny Craig 15 years ago and then, a friend referred me. I liked the way that the plan was set up. It was easy and they were very organized with the food. There was no measuring and no counting. Currently, the consultant gave me the information that I needed to make sure that I could follow the plan correctly. I like to know how and why, and she gave me all of that. I liked the girl that I had for eight months but she left. She got to know all about me and knew what my issues were as well as my hotspots. I have a new girl and she started with me in the last four months. She was getting on board. Switching consultants was difficult because I felt I had a personal relationship with the first girl, and I’m working on it with the second girl so, it was hard for me at first.

Utilizing the menu plan doesn’t give me the flexibility to go off plan so, I like that. It figures it all out for me because if I had to choose everything myself, I would eat mac and cheese all day and every day which would defeat the purpose. I’m on a Type 2 plan, so I try everything once that’s on the plan and if I don’t like it, I sub it out the next time. I don’t like the soup and I don’t eat fish. I thought I would love the pasta, but I didn’t. I didn’t care for some of the food at all but most of it was very good. I like the meatloaf and mac and cheese. For breakfast, I like the scrambled or the omelets. Those are good because I like anything sweet.

The quality of the meals are good and they come packaged with the information on them. Since using Jenny Craig, I have lost 47 pounds and I have met my goal weight. I have reduction in some of my medications and my A1C is much lower. I feel better and I wanna move more. Jenny Craig requires some self-control on your own part but it sets you up for success. You just have to follow the plan.

Hello Karin,

Thank you for your review and congrats on the 47 lbs loss, that is fantastic! You are absolutely correct, Jenny Craig’s structure and routine builds healthy habits, and our Planned Menus are an important component of the Program.

We hope you are doing well maintaining your weight now that you have met your goal.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had tried Jenny Craig six years ago and I did it for about a month and it worked really well at the time. I started going back in June and they’re great to work with. However, I’m not the typical client and I don’t like to go in there and weigh. They really would like me to, but when I first started, I had a boot on because I broke my foot and in no way, I could take my boot off. Still, they were good and I’ve lost 40 pounds since. After I did the first four-week plan, I lost 15 pounds in that so I really stuck to it. I’m a little bit independent and it’s my commitment to lose weight. Jenny can be there to support me, but they can’t walk me to their table so I go in and order whatever I wanna order, which is good for me. I don’t follow any food plan now. But it’s really great to work with them because I can do that. They know I’m making progress.

My husband and I are retired so we travel a lot. I set goals for myself in between trips. We had a big trip in July and we were gone for two weeks. I didn’t go on a diet during those two weeks. Then we had another trip on the 1st of September. Overall, since before Thanksgiving, I have not been trying to diet and I’ve just been trying to maintain. I still go and get the Jenny Craig food, but I don’t eat that at every meal. I might eat it once a day or I’ll try to eat that when I’m trying to eat my breakfast every day. Or if we go out during the day, I try to come home and have just that for dinner.

Jenny Craig has really good food and the main thing I like about is it’s so convenient. It’s like a typical frozen food, but it’s fresher than anything you get in the grocery store. I’m a designer and I still design about three days a week. In the days that I go to the design office, I always take my Jenny Craig food because if I don’t, I’m too tempted. There’s always people bringing in pizza or hamburgers. Jenny Craig's meals are convenient to take with you to work. It’s also convenient when you come home, you’re tired, and you pop one of those in the microwave. It tastes good and there is not a lot of salt in it. Jenny Craig has been awesome for me. I’m 67, so it dawned on me at one point that I’ve gotta do this. I’m getting to the point where if I don’t do it now, I’ll never do it. I’ve had people tell me I look 20 years younger and it's been a great booster for my ego.

Hello Linnie,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on the 15 lbs loss in your first four weeks, those are great results! You are absolutely right, with Jenny we plan your meals out for you so you won't have to plan or track anything, it's so easy to follow. We're glad you enjoyed the food and hope you are doing well reaching your goals!

Thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I knew people that were on the Jenny Craig program and it sounded good. It got me enticed so, back in the mid 90’s, I joined as a lifetime member. I’ve been a member for 20 years and it has never worked for me before the way it worked last time due to the Rapid Results. When I first began my journey, my mom had just passed last September which was a big wake-up call to get healthy. So, I started exercising starting last October. In January, I wanted to kickstart it and I came into Jenny Craig. I knew I could trust them because I used them before. I never made it to maintenance before but I knew that they had something. They told me about Rapid Results so, I started doing it. It was a big lifestyle change. I had to have new habits and new food. I had a lot of cravings at the beginning. It was difficult but they were able to coach me through it.

The consultants were very warm and helpful because I had some challenges. I got sick a couple of times and they had some good ideas about what to eat when I was sick, and what to eat when I had cravings. Lydia and Renee were amazing. They had great ideas, tips and tricks and so, I was able to do it. After six months, I lost the cravings. Then, at 11 months, I hit my maintenance and my goal which was going to the Bahamas and having a beach body. I’ve been doing weekly but I just transitioned to bi-weekly.

Jenny Craig has great food which was why I wanna keep going and buying it. I love the chicken ranch melt, the chicken teriyaki bowl, the Philly, chicken carbonara, ham and swiss baguette and the cheeseburger. I also like the chocolate cheesecake and all the snacks like the cheese curls, the cheese crisps and the tortilla chips. The ranch snaps are good and I like their shakes and bars. I kinda stopped eating the breakfast from them because I was able to find breakfast that are comparable in the grocery store.

It took a long time to start this new habit. It took me six months to get to where I had no cravings. In the beginning, I couldn’t sleep all night. I’d look at my clock every hour and think about when I can eat again. You have to stick with it, go to the consultations, eat the food and follow the directions. If you do all that, it will work. I’ve been telling my friends about Jenny Craig and I had a friend that joined. It was a big investment but it really works.

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for your review and congrats on meeting your goal! I'm sure that was such a great feeling to have the confidence and be comfortable with how you look. We're so glad to hear Lydia and Renee are there to support you through your journey.

Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I really liked the programme but for me personally I had terrible constipation, I did tell the councilors but was told to drink more water, unfortunately that was not the problem. When I stopped I went immediately back to normal, no problems with constipation, sadly for me the programme did not work. I lost weight, did well but it wasn't worth the awful constipation.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear you felt that way. Sometimes when members are starting our program it may take their body some time to adjust to the change in diet. Our Consultants also provide tips to help overcome these. We hope you are doing well with your weight loss goals!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We've tried several other programs, and Jenny Craig's seemed simpler and easier to go through. It also seemed like something that was appropriate for us. The weekly visits really put us in the right frame of mind to keep going and get us back on track if we've gone off. We'd go over what went right or what went wrong that week, and that makes it easy to try and lose weight. With the program, my mother and I were definitely losing weight but it also kept us feeling like we weren't starving ourselves, so it was great. The food was always edible. The meat lasagna was good, and so was the hot oat meal for breakfast. We also loved the dessert and we couldn't get enough of it.

Hello Emily,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely correct, whenever you have events or challenges our Consultants are there to keep you on track. We're so glad you and your mother were getting the results you wanted and that you enjoyed the food.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

When I started years ago with Jenny Craig, they were the closest thing near me. Then I restarted back up with them a couple of times and this time, I've been with them for about 8 months. The program works for me and my interactions with the personal consultants have all been really good. They are attentive and they tailored things to my needs. I have some allergies and whatnot, so they worked with me on that.

I’m on maintenance now. Usually, it’s whatever I want but they maintained me out. I did 4 weeks then 3 weeks, then 2 weeks, and then 1, and now it’s just once a month. My food favorites are the cheeseburger, lava cake, and most of the desserts. The quality of the meals is fine and does the trick. It fills me up and I stay full. For the most part, I’ve gotten to the goal that I wanted to get to every time I’ve gone on. It took me a couple of years to gain it all back, but then I could get it all back off again within a few months. So, I appreciate that.

Hello Kate,

Thank you for your review and congrats on reaching your goal! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with the Consultants and that you enjoyed the food. We wish you the best as you continue on your maintenance journey.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I came across Jenny Craig 15 years ago and I’ve been with them on and off. When I’m using the program, I would see great progress and typically, I would lose 2 pounds a week if I stick with it. The reps were good but some were better than others. Sarah, my most recent, has been great. She is very non-judgmental, supportive, able to work around when I have things going on in my schedule, easy to talk to and good to work with. Also, I love the food. A lot of times, the menu plan would depend on what else they have going on but the ease of use is worth it when I’m ready to be in 100%. I’m not typically a big breakfast eater, but I’m always happy to eat the Jenny Craig breakfast meals which are my favorite. If I’m trying to do something a little less expensive, I typically go to Weight Watchers and prep my own meal. However, timesaving-wise, I love Jenny Craig.

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear you saw great results when you were on the program and that Sarah was there to support you. You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we save you so much time by preparing the meals for you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I liked the convenience of not having to figure out what I was gonna eat and Jenny Craig offered a good variety. I prefer the frozen foods because they taste better. My options were also limited because I don’t like a lot of foods. There were also a couple of things that they changed while I was in the program that I didn’t really understand. The macaroni and cheese was one of my favorites. It came with carrots and green beans but then they changed it to broccoli and carrots. It seemed like most of the vegetable options were broccoli though, and if you don’t like broccoli, the green beans was a good option with the macaroni and cheese.

Also, I never really felt a connection to the personal consultant. Basically, we would weigh and she would take my order. There wasn’t much else beyond that. I would have liked a little more encouragement though. There were times that I was frustrated and it didn’t seem like there was much support. I felt like she needed to get through the appointment to get to her next appointment. I’m not in the program anymore but the reason I stopped was purely financial. I wouldn’t recommend it to a lot of people either because it is pricey. But I was happy with the results. I had been on the program before and although I was not as happy with the results this time as the first time I did it, I’m also older now so it would take longer.

Hello Dawn,

Thank you for your review, we're glad to hear you got results when you were on the program. I'm sorry to hear you did not have a connection with your Consultant, we are always able to schedule you with someone new to get you the support you are looking for. If you ever do decide to come back, give us a call at 866-706-4042 and we would be happy to help!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I tried Jenny Craig's weight loss program and I liked the food and lost weight. I'm a lifetime member and I've been a long-time member with them over the years. In my first time with them, I had a counselor that I talked to and it was easy to make a commitment. I had good interactions with my counselors. They gave helpful advice and I saw them every week. Those weekly meetings keep me on track and I currently have a very enthusiastic person who helps me. I really like my primary consultant, Connie. She is cheerful, upbeat, and easy to talk to

Since being on the program, I was losing weight consistently from April through the end of July and I lost 35 to 40 pounds. Then I went into a plateau wherein my weight stabilized and I had a hard time getting past that. Then the holidays came up and I'm hoping to get back on the weight losing track and follow the program consistently beginning in January. When I'm starting again on the program and have good dedication, it's easy for me to follow. But I've noticed that I lose my enthusiasm after about three months and I have to reestablish my commitment to the program. Maybe another menu set or some kind of rewards program or reduction in cost would be helpful in keeping me enthusiastic. I got $120 off and that was $10 a week, but then that ended and is something that could be extended.

I like their menu plan very much. I go on the diabetic plan and it's very good. I don't have those little bars that they provide, but I feel that their menu plan is very healthy. Throughout the day, I have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also have some healthy snack and a lot of times this is spring cheese, which is protein and is like cottage cheese. As for the dinners, I've had chicken carbonara and I love the meatloaf. The macaroni and cheese is a lunch that I really like. I also like the little baguette sandwich. For breakfast, I like the waffles and the French toast. I really like the little frittata, but I try to follow the menu. So far, the quality of the meals that I've purchased has been very good.

Hello Mae,

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear you are losing weight and enjoying the food. You are absolutely right, the weekly meetings with your Consultant help keep you accountable.

I suggest speaking with your Consultant about different program and menu options we have that would work for your weight loss and budget. You can also give us a call at 1-800-536-6922.

Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I have fought my weight my whole life. Ten years ago, I read Valerie Bertinelli's book and I signed up with Jenny Craig. At that time, I lost about 35 pounds and it was all good. But it was nowhere near my goal. Then, I was driving to Columbia, Missouri which is about a 30-mile drive. A center opened up in Jefferson City, and I started coming here. At first, I got hold of a counselor that cared more about herself than me, and it was frustrating. But six months ago, I'm back with another gal who has been there before and who I really liked. In addition to that, I'm not bored with the food. It's easy. I work a lot of hours at my job, and I'm able to manage what I'm doing. With where I'm going, I'm not gaining weight. In fact, I'm maintaining it through the holidays with the expectation that I'm gonna get started again.

Since I've been meeting this gal weekly, I just order the food. I saw a lot on their menu while I'm in the center with her and she goes and packs it for me. It's been very convenient. And for the most part, I like their meals. Although some of them I'll try once but I won't probably eat again. The folks who are doing the development of the new products are more in tune with what's going on today. And I'm a pretty picky eater. For instance, when I have the Carbonara, I'll put the peas out because I don’t eat peas, but then I will eat something else.

Other than that, I like the gals at the center and they're not trying to tell me something that they don’t understand. Part of my issue before was with a little gal who had never had to diet in her whole life and she's telling me what I needed to do. I don’t have that now. I have people who are fighting the same battle and they understand where I'm coming from. And so, that has been helpful as well.

But overall, the flavor of the food is better and so is the volume. Also, the variety is better than it was. Then I have the ability to choose tortilla chips and that’s something that I needed in portion control because otherwise, I would eat the whole bag. So a lot of good things that have happened over the last few years at Jenny Craig and because of this, I would recommend them to everyone.

Hello Holly,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with the program. You are so right, it's important to have a Consultant that you can relate to and feel comfortable with. We're glad you enjoy the food and hope you are doing well.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

We always thought the food at Jenny Craig was really good, and I still think so. Going in every week was good at first, but now I don't go every week 'cause I've lost close to 40 pounds. I still wanna lose some more, but I go in and just choose some of the food I want to take to work with me for breakfast and lunch, and it's a huge help.

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on the 40 lbs loss, that is great! We hope you are doing well with your health goals. Feel free to give us a call at 800-536-6922 if you need to get back into the Center.

Have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

A friend of mine got into the Jenny Craig program, and she lost a lot of weight and then I joined. The first time that I went, the people were friendly and they explained everything very thoroughly. I was clear on what the program was and what the expectations were. I love my consultant. He makes the visits comfortable and a good experience. Every question that I ask, he's able to answer to my satisfaction. Also, I love their meal plans. Their portions are okay and with it, I don't have to think. I just go in, select and take it home. I put it in the microwave and I don't have to cook. Their food was always good but it is much better now. I like that they periodically change the menus. The only thing that I'm not too keen about is the food that is not frozen since I prefer frozen food. Nonetheless, I recommend them to everybody. They're fantastic and I keep coming back in.

Hello Carmen,

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear you have a good connection with your Consultant, it's so important to have support while going through any big change in your life. You are so right, with Jenny Craig we save you so much time by preparing the food for you. Hope you are doing well with your progress!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I did Jenny Craig once several years ago. You go and make use of their service, which is to help you lose weight, and then, when you don’t need to lose any more weight, you go on maintenance and you leave. And then, years later if you need to, you come back. Most diets aren’t completely effective but Jenny Craig is a very effective program for a lot of people, and I'm one of the people that it helped a great deal.

It's a good balanced program, which is very helpful. They’ve improved the quality of their food and I like it very much. It was very easy for me to effectively use their program because the food is so good, and appealing. Their food is high quality and varied. For other people dieting is not effective unless they make their own food but for people like me who is busy, Jenny Craig is very effective. I started online and then I switched over to going once every two weeks to one of their centers and interacting with them personally. I have recommended them to friends.

Hello Lynne,

Thank you so much for your review. We're glad to hear you had success when on the program. You are absolutely right, we save you some time by preparing the food for you. No counting calories or points, no group meetings, just dedicated one on one attention.

We hope you are doing well with your weight loss goals.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I've been with Jenny Craig for years and I'm very happy with them. I went with them because I liked the results and they have a very easy weight loss program. In addition to that, My first Jenny Craig meeting turned out to be very good and the personal consultant I have for the last two years has been wonderful. She became a good friend. We talk about the week I had, like if I had any problems or anything she could help me with. If I have upcoming things like weddings, we talk about how I can best handle them. Then I get weighed and then we can then talk about it and see if it was satisfactory or what I could have done better. We also talk about my food. We've been going for two years and I've never missed a meeting except when I'm in Florida or when I'm sick, so I see her every week. As a result, I've lost 46 pounds and 26 inches in six months. And I've kept it off for a year and a half now.

Other than that, the meals themselves are very, very good. And although I don't eat eggs since I'm allergic to it, I love the French toast. I also love the Philly cheese steak and the butternut squash ravioli. I like the lasagna too. There's a lot that I really like. I'm on maintenance, so I can pick what I like and I do it every week. The people that are the regular plan have a set thing for the first few weeks to help them really lose quickly. But for me, I pick what I like.

I eat regular foods during the week and I mix it. I love the cinnamon coffee cakes. That's probably one of my favorite desserts. They have lava and lemon cakes. That's what I look forward to as my treat at night and I don't look for other things because it's really satisfying. I have no reservations about Jenny Craig. In fact, I was on one of Jenny Craig's success stories. I'm 63 and nobody really believes that it's me since I look at least 10 years younger. We have a wall in there and they have the before and after pictures. The first thing that people notice is that we look so much younger.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on the 46 lbs loss and keeping it off! We are so glad to hear you had a great connection with your coach and that you liked the food.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

When I first walked in to Jenny Craig, I was very taken aback because it wasn't professional. But now, it seems they got rid of a lot of people. And I love my representative. It helps knowing that you have to go once a week. I have a lot going on here so I can't even concentrate. That way, you have to be accountable. There are good days and bad days even with that. It's like for a drug addict, there are times that it's hard. You have bad days where you go off the wagon but things happen. Now, it's holiday and you have a lot of company so it's a little difficult. But I know I have to do this. It's good for a while but then I went off and things came up. But I have to weigh everything.

I like the fact that the food, the breakfast, the lunch and the dinner, are all set up for you. So I just take it out of the freezer, warm it up and call it a day. I can't be bothered making special food and the quality is good. I'm very minimal about the foods that I eat. I eat the same thing everyday so I order the same thing every single week. I like the the cinnamon rolls, that bagel, the chocolate muffin and the bacon sandwich. Then for lunch and for the dinners, I like the hamburgers, the baked potato and the chicken carbonara. There are some things that could be a little bit more though. For instance, they have spaghetti and meatballs and lasagna. They should make the chicken parm too. They also have bars and a lot of desserts though. I like the cupcakes and the lava cakes.

The portions are great but it's like anything else. If you put a bowl of spaghetti in front of you, you're gonna eat the whole bowl if you're an addict. I eat the whole thing but I'm always hungry so I try to drink water. I'm not 500 pounds. But we addicts love our food. With Jenny Craig, the food is always in proportion to what they think you should eat and the number of calories in a day.

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely right, the weekly meetings do help you stay accountable and your Consultant is there to get you back on plan when you fall off.

I would be more than happy to forward your feedback about new items to our Food Development teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

It was convenient to work with Jenny Craig since the food were prepared and everything was planned for you. My consultant was the best ever and the weekly visits kept me on track. When I was on the program, the results were very good. The quality of the meals was good, some more than others, but they were seasoned. The chicken and the breakfast were really good, and the turkey burger was good as well.

Hello Kristine,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you saw great results when you were on the program! You are absolutely right, at Jenny Craig we make it so easy to start losing weight by planning and preparing the meals for you.

We're glad you enjoyed the food, the Turkey Burger is one of our favorites as well.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I connect with my personal consultant at Jenny Craig. I have tried others in the store I'm going to and she is the best of them. But there were times that she did not provide the support or the assistance. I haven't had as much support as I had hoped for, and this is not a knock on the woman I see all the time. I've successfully done Jenny Craig before. I'm a returning member, and this time around, every time I discuss with my personal consultant my frustrations and concerns about having some kind of a social activity, she tells me that Jenny Craig doesn't allow me to eat off the plan. I keep telling her that that is not realistic. We all have a life and responsibilities, and I've got to be able to incorporate both, so I asked here to help me. But she just told me that that's not what they do.

The last time I did the program, I was encouraged to eat out. I was told how to do so successfully. I was even told to have a glass of wine if that would help me. But this time, there's no allowances or leeway. I find it to be a flaw in the program and a flaw in the training of their people, and then ultimately a flaw in the success of their members. It would be best if the plan and the training incorporated how to have a life with Jenny Craig in it rather than this very ridiculous and restricted routine of, "You gotta sit in the house and eat all your meals."

I've been on the program since April 9th, and my result has been good. It's taking me a very long time. Once every six weeks, my Jenny Craig consultant gives me some kind of a motivation, but other than that, week to week, I'm on my own. I'm thrilled that I've lost weight. However, in terms of Jenny's assistance, I did all the heavy lifting. I'm not thrilled to a lot of the food choices. When I first started, I was told that I had to eat the 2018 menu exactly as it was printed. I didn't like the majority of the food choices, and I didn't wanna spend my money on food that I wouldn't eat. So I would just buy the foods that tasted good to me. But then I was told that I was not sticking to the plan, so I'm not gonna lose weight. But I did lose weight.

The menu was largely a southwestern flavored menu. It's spicy, it's tacos and fajitas and burritos. I live in the northeast, and we don't eat like that. I've had these complaints with Jenny Craig before. I have called before when I did this in 2006. I ate one meal in 2006 because there was only one choice that I found tasty. Unfortunately, they don't listen to the consumers who live in other parts of the country. But the turkey and wild rice is pretty good. I like the grilled chicken teriyaki, the broccoli and cheese stuffed potato, and the fish and chips is okay. I can tolerate the spaghetti and meatballs, and the lasagna. For breakfast, I only like the carbs. I buy the cinnamon buns, the coffee cake, the chocolate muffin, and the bagel. I live in New York. This is what Yankees eat.

Hello Shari,

Thank you for your review. Jenny Craig provides the structure of the full planned menus while losing weight. Once you have reached your goal, you do have the option to continue with our maintenance program. On maintenance, your Consultant will help you with the knowledge of how to build meals while mixing in Jenny Craig food so you can maintain your weight.

I would be happy to have a manager call you to discuss your account.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I joined Jenny Craig back in the 80s. I heard good things about it, like there was food and you added your own vegetable. I had a good experience when I first went into Jenny Craig. The people there were friendly. Back then, we had meetings that I didn't love, but they haven't had this for a long time. I had such a great experience with my mentor. She was my personal consultant and I adore her. Back in the day, she was so much like me. She had a kid in high school like I did, and she was a family-oriented person like me. We just clicked right away.

I kept on the classic meal plan, where I choose my own food. The breakfasts are my favorite. But as far as individual meals for the other parts of the day, may favorite is the chicken marsala. It's the one that they out too much chicken at, so it's wonderful. I also like the lasagna. There was the new blue corn tortilla chips that really tasted good and I liked it. I thought it had too much salt, but when Barbara looked at it, it didn't have sodium. The food at Jenny Craig had good quality. It's not there to make you maintain your weight, it's there to help you lose your weight. If I'd gone off of the rails, I go back to Jenny Craig and get the weight off. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Hello Jane,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear you were able to connect with your Consultant and see great results!

We're glad you enjoyed the food as well.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I heard about Jenny Craig in 2005. A friend of mine went on the diet. So, I went on that then, and on and off over the years. When they moved out of Chico, I stopped doing it. Then I started again this year, this spring. I decided to go back because it works for me. I had a great consultant named Cheryl. She’s super. Even though it’s long distance, going into the center, it was so good. She was very encouraging and she still calls me once a month. The menu plan is good. I like the fish and chips, the cheesy chicken, and the stuffed potatoes. The soups are okay as well. What I didn’t like was the macaroni and cheese, and butternut squash, not so much. But it’s a great program. I lost 27 pounds. I hit my goal and went a couple of pounds below. And so, I’m just maintaining now.

Hello Melanie,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on reaching your goal, that is amazing to hear! We're so glad Cheryl was there to support and guide you to get where you wanted to be. That is definitely something you should be proud of!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I used Jenny Craig before and it was successful so I went back. I made a phone call, hit a gal named Karen in their Roseville location and we hit it off, and away we went from there. I got on the program and everything was terrific. My personal consultant and I became close friends. Jenny Craig has dropped my weight to 50 pounds. I used their menu plan and it’s perfect. I entered the contest and I’ve been on their national ads on TV. My experience with them has been terrific. I got to go to Hollywood and it was fun. They’re a great organization and I recommend it to everybody. You just got to find the right consultant and once you do, then you have the confidence in them and they'll help you, direct you and motivate you. So far, they have a good program and I’m sticking with it. The experience has all been good.

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your review and congrats on the 50 lbs weight loss, that is amazing! It is so important that you are confident with your weight. We're glad to hear that Karen was able to support and guide you throughout your journey. That is so exciting you won the contest and traveled to Hollywood!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I went to Jenny Craig about 10 years ago, then I came back about a year ago. And both times, I had an instant connection with my coach or the person that I saw every week. It was wonderful. I've used Jenny Craig a couple of times because it's the only diet I found that I could do again and still enjoy it and stick to it. I felt I was very out of control with portions and I wanted to get that back into a place where I was eating the specific items that they gave me as opposed to trying to figure out for myself. I live alone and Jenny Craig was so convenient.

With my first consultant, it was important for the both of us to do exercise and keep physically fit. We liked to talk about that each week and how it was an important part of losing weight. I really like the weekly visits with my consultant. It keeps me honest and it keeps me accountable. I'm a Type 2 diabetic and the first time I went, I had to get an okay with my doctor. The last time I came to Jenny Craig, I asked if I could have the form so I could take it to my doctor and I won't have to lose time, but they said that they didn't need to have the doctor's permission anymore. Then, they asked when I would like to start. It has worked out very well that way.

I like the meals at Jenny Craig. I have been with them this time for a little over a year and I'm planning with my last 5 pounds, but I don't want to declare a maintenance check because I don't wanna start losing what I've gained. I really like the food. There are a couple of meals I don't care for but just two or three out of the whole variety. I love adding broccoli to a lot of the creamy dishes like the carbonara and the frozen ravioli. I love their spaghetti and lasagna, and the turkey burger is my favorite.

I have a hard time getting people to think that this is the best way to go and I've had other people that decided not to make this choice. I've lost weight and they didn't. Jenny Craig is a good deal especially if you live alone. I figured it might be harder if you had to cook for the rest of your family, but if you're a single person and you're creating your own meals, it's really hard sometimes to decide what you're gonna eat and how much you're gonna make, but Jenny takes that away from you and you don't have to worry about it.

Hello Jane,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely correct, Jenny Craig saves you so much time by preparing the food for you. No counting calories or points, no group meetings, just dedicated one on one attention.

We're so glad to hear you had a personal connection with the Consultants and that you were able to see such great success!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been using Jenny Craig's weight loss program and my interaction with them has been great. My personal consultant, Arlene, who's with the Langhorne, Pennsylvania center has become a really close friend and almost like family. She’s wonderful, so I look forward to seeing her every week. I buy their breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Some of my favorites are the cheesy chicken and potatoes and the fish and chips. I like the ham and cheese baguette. I also like the mac and cheese, but I don’t like the carrots that come as a side dish with it since I don’t like carrots and anything with broccoli. Overall, the quality of their meals is very high and good. Since using the Jenny Craig program, my progress and the results have been excellent. I've lost 75 pounds and have five more to go.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy that you enjoy the food, the Fish and Chips are one of our favorites too!

Congrats on the 75 lbs loss, with your positive attitude the last 5 lbs will come off in no time.

Thank you and have a great week.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I've tried other diet things but I like Jenny Craig's food. I also like the whole laugh and share when I go in and talk to one of their consultants. Deborah, the person I had been dealing with, made me feel very comfortable and she gave me the motivation to continue. I've lost about 28 pounds. So, I like going to Jenny Craig because of her. She makes me feel good. Also, the menus are good and the food is excellent. The only thing is price-wise with the menu, it's extremely expensive if you buy a week of food. If you average it out throughout the day, it's not that bad. But when you're on a fixed income, it's sometimes a little difficult to keep up with it. Nevertheless, Jenny Craig works for me and I will tell others to give it a try.

Hello Donna,

Thank you for your review and congrats on the 28 lbs loss! Having a Consultant, like Deborah, is so important to have. We're so glad to hear she has been there to support you and that you have seen great results.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Years ago, I went to Jenny Craig and became a lifetime member. I stopped for a long time and then came back to it, and I've been with them for seven months now. I’m taking a little break right now and I’m going back in January. My personal consultant, Jean, is great. She’s concerned, she asks how I’m doing and she’s very on target. I love their menu plan specifically the Ramen soup, the Enchiladas, sunshine sandwich and the Barscotti. They’re very tasty. There are a couple items I don’t like but you can sub them out. Going back has been great because not only did I lose 25 pounds, I’ve also reversed my diabetes and my high blood pressure. So it has medically helped me.

Hello Debra,

Thank you so much for your review and congrats on the 25 lbs loss!

You are so right, having a Consultant like Jean is so important. We are glad to hear she was able to support you and help improve your health.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I did Jenny Craig in the '90s so I know that if I stick to it, it is very successful to lose weight. Over the years, I abandoned what I learned, went back to the old habits and regained the weight. So, this time, I decided I needed to get healthy and knew that Jenny Craig worked for me in the past, so I got started again. I had a lifetime membership, which they no longer offer, but they honored the one that I had.

I love my counselor in San Antonio, Texas, at De Zavala and I have been successful at losing the weight. There has been some improvement in the food from before and I like to follow their weekly menus as it makes things easy but a lot of times, the place I go to does not have what is on the week’s menu. That aside, I highly recommend Jenny Craig if you're serious about losing weight and willing to do what it takes.

Hello Ursula,

Thank you for sharing your experience. You are absolutely right, with our planned menus we make it so easy follow to start losing weight!

I am sorry to hear about the out of stock items at your Center, I will forward this to the proper teams.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I did the Jenny Craig program eight years ago and then, decided I needed to kick-start my weight loss and started it again last fall, and then again, this fall. It's just easy with them. The food is there. I don't have to make any decisions and I also don't give it any thought. I just have to follow the program and I'll lose weight. However, going to meet with the consultant is the part that I could do without because of the scheduling time, it's a 40-minute drive for me. But all of them have been very pleasant. The meal plan and meals are tolerable. They work and some of them are better than the others. Their triple-chocolate cheesecake is very nice. The program works well for me because I live alone and I don't have leftovers that I have a tendency to eat. I've recommended Jenny Craig to several people.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig it's so easy to follow and we give you everything you need to start losing weight. We are so glad to hear you are enjoying the food and the program is working for you.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

When I did Jenny Craig 10 years ago with my mom, I lost 114 pounds before. I gained weight again after having children and life goes on, I went back. I tried a bunch of other stuff, and Jenny Craig is the one that consistently works well for me. The interaction I had with them was very positive. My personal consultant knows me well. Our interactions are great and I feel I can totally talk to her. Since the first time I went, Jenny Craig changed their menu. But I don’t do it as they tell me to. I do it like I did when I was there 10 years ago, and they're fine with that so that’s how we do it. My favorite meals for dinner are chicken marsala, turkey and mashed potatoes, but I don’t like any of the meals that are not frozen. The ones that don’t have to be frozen are nasty. With Jenny Craig, I have lost over 55 at this point and I’m still losing.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear the plan works for you, congrats on the 55 lbs loss so far!

On any weight loss journey it is important to have the support and someone you can talk to about anything. We're glad you have that experience with your Consultant.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I overheard somebody talking about it in the lunchroom at work. People were sitting at the table behind me and one person was telling her friend about Jenny Craig, how wonderful the program was and how well she had done on it. So I thought I should go give it a try. I went in and when the program was explained, it felt like something that was possible. It felt supported so I thought, “Yeah, I can do that.” That first interaction was very helpful.

I started over a year ago but I’ve been on maintenance for the last several months, kinda off and on. I've lost 50 pounds and I’ve maintained it for the most part. I had some health issues going on in the summer so I went back on the program for four weeks. But now I’m back on maintenance again. So it’s been really successful. The model is really good and I’ve even recommended two people. I wouldn’t have been able to last in the program, especially with the health challenges I had, without the support of a consultant. And it’s not just her. There were other people in the branch too. They get to know you and the manager even phoned to say Merry Christmas to me. So it feels like a community and that’s so valuable.

There was the odd time that my consultant was away and there was one person who was really young and didn’t seem very understanding. It was not that she was wrong but it was difficult. I’m older and in my 60s. I needed somebody a little bit more mature. But for the most part, I’ve had two main consultants and they’ve been both really excellent. The weekly visit helps and very much so. It keeps me accountable for one thing. But it also helps me sort out different problems that I’d had with the diet or different strategies.

I also liked that there is some variety in the menu. I’m sad when my favorite things are gone but for the most part, I like it. I like the frozen stuff way better than the pantry stuff though. In terms of the meals, I’m not a fan. I’ve developed a bit of an allergy, perhaps to a preservative in the pantry ones. There are also a couple of things I’m allergic to in the menu. But for the most part, I’m not. In fact, they’re really quite tasty and there have been improvements since I started. They had redone some of them. The quality is quite good.

The cheeseburger was one of my favorites and it was stopped for a while but it is back now. So I was very happy to see that. I also really enjoy the honey peanut bars. But I understand that it’s gonna be changing in the future so that’s disappointing. I wish they wouldn't take away the honey peanut bars. I also really like the turkey and rice. I have a bit of trouble with the meatloaves and stuff like that that has sauce on it. But for the most part, it’s all very tasty. I like them all.

Hello Cathy,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on reaching your goal, 50 lbs loss is amazing! You are absolutely correct, our Consultants give coaching and accountability to achieve results greater than you thought were possible.

I am sorry to hear some of your favorite items have been discontinued. To keep our menu fresh and full of variety, we sometimes must change or discontinue an item to make room for the new ones. I would be happy to forward your feedback to our Food Development Team.

Thank you again and have a great week!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My experience with Jenny Craig was wonderful. I’m a lifetime member with them and I’ve done their program several times. In the last two years, I had a major surgery, and they removed half of my liver. And then the next year, I had a big hernia along the incision side. They had to go back into the same abdominal area. I needed to cut down the pressure on that abdominal side so losing weight was an option.

I absolutely love my consultant. Her name is Joyce. She's awesome. We had such a good time together. She was very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. She’s good at making practical suggestions. She got to know me personally and could relate with my lifestyle, so she could help me with the products better. I told her I was on-the-go a lot and I needed food that I could grab. Her attitude was very understanding.

Recently I used Jenny Craig for six months. I lost 25 pounds and I felt good. Most of the time I get excited with the food that I purchase from them. They were very good. You can pick and choose what you like and don’t like. It’s so convenient to have my meals delivered to my door. I’m in a rural area, and it’s very affordable for shipping. I also just got for the holidays. It’s too crazy to be finished with what I got now, so I thought I’d be back.

Sometimes I get tired of their food and I get hungry for home-cooked food. I told Joyce it would be really good if they came up with a protein-packed product that has fruit, crackers, cheese, and grapes. Something that’s just refrigerated that you could just take with you when you travel and you don’t have to have a microwave. That’s something that would really help me not snack when I’m traveling. But I wish there was a way to recycle the large Styrofoam containers that they send. I get their meals every two weeks, and that’s a lot of Styrofoam containers. The containers are so nice. I don’t want to throw them away but I don’t have a place to store them. It would be a good idea if there was some way we could send it back to them to recycle.

Hello Pam,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and congrats on the 25 lbs loss! We are so glad you and Joyce have that personal connection and that she helps you reach your weight loss goals.

Thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to share your ideas with the proper internal teams.

Thanks and have a great day.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I'm a 35-year Jenny Craig member and it's been very rewarding. The consultants are kind, considerate, understanding, and friendly. The meals are very tasty for the most part. Yet they could improve them further by incorporating some more fish items in the menu, and I'm talking about fish, not tuna fish. Also, I suggest they change up their menu more often. If one is on the program for any length of time, they may get bored with some of the selections. Still, I've been satisfied with how things have gone. It's an emotional trip that you have to be ready to take in order to be successful.

Hello Michele,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are so glad to hear you have a great connection with the Consultants!

I would be happy to share your feedback with our Food Development to add more fish dishes.

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

Members meet in-person with a consultant or receive one-on-one support via phone or video chat while portioned meals and snacks are home delivered for about $20 a day, plus the cost of enrollment.

• Trial program: A 12-week trial membership costs $16, plus the cost of food, and includes one coaching session per week.

• Free appointment: Meet with a consultant at a Jenny Craig Center near you and learn how the program can be tailored to meet your needs with no obligation to buy.

• Diabetes-friendly plan: The Jenny Craig Type 2 plan combines one-on-one consultations with a special Type 2 menu so members can lose weight and better manage their Diabetes.

• Varied menu: There are over 100 menu items covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Snacks, shakes, sides, soups and syrups and dressings are also available, along with frozen selections.

• Online community: Members can communicate, share stories, participate in forums and connect with dietitians.

• Metabolism focused: Jenny Craig’s Rapid Results meal plan works with the body’s metabolism, encouraging you to eat six times a day during the most efficient weight loss time.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information