It's that easy Request Information
3.55/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

163 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

My goal was to lose weight slowly per doctor's orders, but I ran into problems with Jenny Craig (JC) -- in one ear and out the other -- it seems all they were concerned about was me strictly following their program 24/7. No exceptions. I've been to all programs and Nutrisystem does not have as good food and no weigh-ins. Weight Watchers (WW) does not provide food, so I tried to combine the strategy of WW with JC, but JC does not seem to be concerned about the fact that you lose weight unless you eat according to their meal plan with 3 or less substitutions, even if you use all of their food for every meal.

Looks like I may get kicked out of the program, even though they made me sign a waiver, but why can't JC allow someone to use their food primarily, weigh-in with consultations and lose weight safely IAW doctors orders? Shouldn't their priority be the health of the person and not strict adherence to their system no matter how great it may work?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 4, 2018

It has now been 6 months since I made an appointment at Jenny Craig on Sand Lake Road Orlando FL. I show up with an appt. When I arrived the door was locked, after 10 minutes of trying to see if someone showed up finally a lady steps up to the reception desk where someone should be when you arrive. She sees me and waves and walks out of site, after 10 more minutes I leave and she calls wanting to know where I am. After telling her I was there for 15 minutes and drove 1 hour to get there. She asks me to turn around and drive back or book another appt. I already made one. I am not driving back. Corporate calls and offers absolutely nothing. Unprofessional Jenny Craig.

Hi Judy,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to have a Manager contact you to help resolve this issue. We will private message you for more information.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am now on my 3rd round of Jenny after having my 3rd baby. I go on Jenny every time I have a baby to lose the last 10 stubborn pounds and it always works! I'm excited to try the new rapid results program and I hope it gives me just that! I have 20 lbs to lose this time around and I am really hoping it comes off quick with this new method!!! I do wish they would bring back the Florentine breakfast pizzas. I almost cried when I found out they were gone!!! Please Jenny, please bring them back!!!

Hi Jessica!

Welcome back to Jenny Craig! We're excited to help you lose those 20 lbs! We'll make sure to share your request for the Breakfast Florentine with our internal team.

Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I've been with Jenny Craig since the fall of 2009. I can go in there and weigh in all the time so it’s been a great experience and I hit my goal weight. Now, I'm back on it every week because I had a couple of surgeries and issues last year. However, I don’t eat any red meat and there was no much of a selection so sometimes even though the meals are good quality-wise, I have problems trying to pick stuff. Other than that, Jessica, the consultant I have now, is outstanding. Jenny Craig is a great program that is easy to follow and maintain. I'd tell a friend of mine to give it a try.

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for your review! We love to hear about the relationship you have with Jessica! We'll make sure to share your feedback with our internal team.

Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 28, 2018

I've been using Jenny Craig for seven years 'cause I lose weight. The program is working as I expected and I stick to it completely until I lose weight. I love their pizzas. I'm a permanent resident in one State and non-resident in another. I go to both of their shops there and they're wonderful.

Hi Peg!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Have a great weekend!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: June 27, 2018

My mom went to Jenny Craig 20 years ago and she really wanted it. I decided to go with them and Whitney, Daniel, Lou and Greg were wonderful and very encouraging. They were also very positive and had good team work. I used Jenny Craig for a year and I lost 50 pounds. My stepfather got really ill and so I've been off Jenny Craig for a year and I've gained 77 pounds. I'm in the process of getting porcelain veneer implants so, when I get my teeth, I'll go back because I know this program works. In the meals that Jenny Craig provided, the Chicken Alfredo was my favorite and for breakfast, the Country Scramble. My favorite dessert was the Key Lime Pie and I also like the meatloaf. I'm on this whole Paleo diet right now and I'm trying to do things without doing Jenny Craig but it's not working as I want it to. I'm not losing the weight that I would like to lose and I know I can lose that weight with them.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear about your 50 lbs lost while on Jenny Craig. We're more than happy to help you get restarted again to help you meet your goals because your health is important to us.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 26, 2018

I like the program with Jenny Craig and I’ve been doing it for years. It was very good with my personal consultant. We go in and discuss how the week went and then, we weigh and discuss what food we want. Then, she goes over what I ordered. I like all the meals but I wish they were a little cheaper. Other than that, the results have been very good and I’ve lost 33 pounds this time.

Hi Jeri!

Congrats on your weight loss of 33 lbs! That is great! We're happy to hear your Consultant has been able to help you throughout your journey.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My experience with Jenny Craig has been good. I needed something that had the food provided because I was a college student and that would make it a lot easier. Jenny Craig was ranked higher so I went with them. It was easy to get the appointment and to start the program, and my personal consultant was very nice. I don’t know if I found them to be 100% necessary but I can see how it can be beneficial to other people that may be struggling with the program.

I've been using Jenny Craig for a year and a half now but it’s been on and off. When I was on it, they were strong. I almost hit my goal which was 100 pounds. But then I went off it for quite a long time and have unfortunately gained some of that back, which I’m now working to lose again. When I was a junior in college, the meal plan was easy, just stick with everything. But at work, it’s more difficult because it takes a while for the meals to cook. But compared to other co-workers, I’m just doing a quick reheat. The meals are good and I enjoy eating it. It’s a good selection. I have recommended Jenny Craig.

Hi Zachary,

Thank you for your review. Congrats on your weight loss, that is a great accomplishment! Cheers to you for getting back on track. We're looking forward to hearing about your future success!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I've been going to Jenny Craig for 17 years now. Over the period of time, I've been up and down a lot, but it’s nice. I lose weight on the program and then I go off, and then I'll go back. I've had the same consultant and she has been very consistent and very good. The weekly visits go well with us. The food's good as well. I like the Salisbury steak and the snacks are really good.

Hi Ardith,

Thank you sharing your Jenny Craig story! We're happy to hear about your satisfaction with your Consultant!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 24, 2018

I’ve been with Jenny Craig for years now and my experience with them has been great. I like that the food is prepared for me. I live a very busy lifestyle and I don’t care for all that measuring. I just take it out of the refrigerator and it’s there. I love the new meal. They have the penne and the breakfasts and I really enjoy each and every one of them. I told them that when I work out and I’m really on a diet, no matter what I have, it just tastes so good. I can’t have any tacos or anything that’s extra hot, so they know with my plan I’m really safe from all that. The lunches are loaded. But I do the meal plan that's mostly everything I get. I’m not a tuna person, so they know the same thing. But I love the chicken salad and the tomato. I also like baked potatoes. I’m really happy and I enjoy them all.

I’m in the Denver area and I used the Jenny Craig in Denver. All the consultants there are wonderful. When I walk in, everybody says, “Hello. How are you?” regardless if they’re waiting on me or not. The new girl, Janine, who’s running it now is wonderful too. I’ve seen each and everyone one of them because there are times with my appointment where one of them is busy. They’re all so nice, and the girls are very happy and that’s important.

The first time I went with the program, I lost a lot and I was down 50 pounds. I have a son that went to culinary and he’s a chef now. I was his guinea pig. I dropped a lot of pounds and I maintained good, but I went back because that was an issue. So, I came back and I’ve been with them and doing my program. I always feel good dropping the pounds. I just had my doctor’s appointment and everything was good with my physical. I’ve told others, “People, if you stick to the program, you will lose. You will lose if you stick with them.”

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback! Welcome back to Jenny Craig! We love your quote, it is very true! Following the Jenny Craig Program as designed will help clients maximize their weight loss to meet their goals! We'll make sure to share your feedback about the Center employees with their Manager so we may commend them for their great service!

Original review: June 23, 2018

My previous experience with Jenny Craig was successful and this is my 5th time on it. I just gained my weight back and I knew that I could get good help from them. The same ladies that I worked with the last time are still working there now, and the weekly visits work pretty good. I’d go in, they ask me how I went, I weigh in and this time, I’ve lost about 31 pounds without a week yet where I gained weight. Sometimes I’d lose more than others but I always have a slight loss each week. It's as good as any diet program. However, it’s pretty expensive and I don’t think just anybody could afford it. I spend about $155 close to $160 a week and I would think that not everybody would be willing to spend that kind of money. Other than that, I’d definitely recommend them.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your feedback and congrats on your 31 lbs lost! That is great accomplishment! We're looking forward to your continued success!

Original review: June 23, 2018

We tried other programs before and we thought we’d try Jenny Craig. We’ve been with them a couple of times but this time, we’ve been with them for about five months now. The counselor we have right now is the best one we’ve ever had. She’s great. The weekly visits are really important. It makes you accountable and you get some advice and kinda cheer you on, which is great. My husband lost 30 something and I’ve lost about 20 something. I’m slow because I’ve had knee replacements so I can’t do much exercise.

For the most part, the food was really good and it seemed like we’ve had more success doing the Rapid Results even though we haven’t had huge results. But for weight loss, the Rapid program has worked best for us. We liked the baguette, the cheeseburger, the turkey and mashed potatoes, and the Salisbury steak. But it seems like the company might have some quality control issues because we’ve had to take food back that either half the food wasn’t in the box or there is a quality control issue where they package it. Like the lava cake, you get the cake but no lava. On the other hand, the variety was really good. I'd definitely recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Diana,

Congrats to both of you with your weight loss! It's great you have a good relationship with your Consultant. I can assure you we take our food quality very seriously and have let our internal team know of the issues you reported.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have been with Jenny Craig for about four years now and it has been convenient to not have to worry about meal preps and calorie counting. While there's a handful of things that I don't like, all the meals are good and I made it to my goal. Also, all their reps over the years have been nice. Overall, the convenience of having Jenny Craig is nice but you still have a personal responsibility for getting to your goal and maintaining your weight.

Hi Bobbi,

Thank you for your review. It's great that the structure and routine of Jenny Craig have worked for you! We're constantly refreshing our menu to introduce new flavors so stay tuned for new items!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I started with Jenny Craig a long time ago and at that time, I felt the weight loss program was the best thing to do. They explained the program and it was a very smooth process. Their consultants were helpful with their suggestions. But I've been on and off the program. The first time it went very well and I lost 75 pounds. But then gained weight back. I would recommend Jenny Craig to others. They stick to the program, they’re gonna lose weight.

Hi Vickie!

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that Jenny Craig has been a positive support in your life!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 21, 2018

Compared to other weight loss programs, Jenny Craig is convenient since the food is already prepared and I just need to add a few things. The program is easy to follow as it doesn't require a lot of work on my part. I have been using Jenny Craig for 10 years now and my interactions with them have always been positive. I've tried most of the meals on their menu just to see. But the taste doesn't remain consistent whenever they go to a different supplier. I used to like the chicken fettuccini but they might have changed the manufacturer of that now and I no longer like the taste of that. I would like to see more changes in the menu. Instead of changing two or three times a year, I would like to see other options throughout the year. Jenny Craig works. It's a very simple program to use and you see results. It's worth the try.

Hi Gayle,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear about your positive experiences with us! We'll make sure to share your feedback regarding our menu with our internal team.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 20, 2018

I've been on and off the Jenny Craig weight loss program for about six years. The first time that I reached out to them, my experience was excellent. The personal consultant was very good and very helpful. Last time, I began in January and I finished about 15 days ago. The result was good. I reached my goal. The menu plan was good and the frozen ones were excellent.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your review. We're so happy we were able to help you meet your goal. Congrats on all of your weight loss!

Original review: June 19, 2018

If I could give this company a zero star review, I would. I’ve been on the Jenny Craig diet in the past and was very pleased. The meals sent to me were not edible. They mixed very inexpensive foods such as bags of popcorn as if you were on their inexpensive option but you paid $700 for it. They explained their policy was to cancel 2nd order within 3 days to not be charged $99. After 3 days you must pay $99. Customer Service refuses to cancel 2nd order. Their reps read from a script and were not helpful. I was willing to pay the $99 to cancel but their response was to tell me that they listened to the recording and I could not cancel the order.

I was disappointed because if they actually listened to the recorded conversation, I should have been able to cancel the order for $99. I was extremely disappointed with the customer service dept and “supervisor “. The food caused so many stomach issues. The company should be sued. Don’t ever believe that they are going to resolve the issue because they speak from a scripted answer and then continuously repeat it. It’s like speaking to a robot. The consultant did exactly the same thing. Rattled off a script so expect no questions you have to be answered. I believe that the people I spoke to were not in the United States. Save your money.

Hi Carmela,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding. We understand you have spoke with a Manager regarding this situation. We cannot honor your request as we have verified the phone call and terms in question were covered in detail. Should you have any further questions please reach out to our Customer Support team at 1-800-536-6922.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I've been a long-time customer of Jenny Craig. I had been successful in the past, but Jenny Craig changed the program. It's super expensive and it's not worth it. The people involved in the local centers are lovely and wonderful, but what the people from their headquarters are doing is ridiculous. They have a lot of things that make it difficult to do your own thing and I don't want to do it anymore. I’m no longer a fan.

Hi Nancy,

At Jenny Craig our structure and routine builds healthy habits, and our Planned Menus are an important component of the program. We value helping our clients meet their goals; Planned Menus are designed to help you maximize your weight loss and get the best results.

Thank you for your feedback. Should you need any other assistance please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-JennyCare (536-6922).

Original review: June 19, 2018

My sister had gone on Jenny Craig before and I decide to with their program as it was already premade and I didn't have to measure and count. The interactions with the people at Jenny Craig were good. My sister and I both went together and we're still going in by the batch. Caitlyn, my personal consultant, is very good and I like her. She knows what I like or not. And she'll give me tips like sometimes, I mix the stuff around and she said that I can move the days but not move the stuff. She also gave me tips if I go off and then make better choices than others.

It's a little far for me to drive but I go every week. I wish Jenny Craig would open one in College Station. I've been on the Jenny Craig program for two years now and I did really well at first and then I went off over the winter break and have decided to go back on it. So, I'm starting to lose that now. I have lost a bit of weight, which is 45 pounds. Their menu plan is good and I like most of the food. It's easy for me, with my schedule, to microwave the food, throw a salad and I'm done. I like the lava cake and for the most part, I like the quality of their meals. But I'm allergic to pork so I can't use that one. Other than that, there's not any of them that I absolutely won't eat.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your review and congrats on the 45lbs lost! That is a fantastic achievement! We'll make sure to share your suggestion for a new location in College Station with our internal teams.

Thank you again and have a great day,

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have tried to cancel this program for some time. An unauthorized amount $360 was charged to my credit card. Now I'm after speaking to several people they would do a "ticket" cancelling my order from being delivered and refund my money. I am a lifetime member and was told I only would pay for the food. Corporate as Jen called it (credit department) said they don't show me as lifetime and I would have to pay $99 to cancel.

I have done 3 1/2 months on the program and lost 15 pounds. What pulled me into program was the catch "Rapid Results." 16 pounds in a month. Last time I did program I lost 10 in a month. This time 15 in three and a half months. Very expensive and I was billed things on my card that I never received and they won't credit back only give food credit? Plus the $360 was never authorized and Jen said she never put that charge through yet corporate read it off to me and my bank reports it. They still won't credit my card saying they have to send check?? I want my money now not in weeks. I have cancelled for two weeks but who can bet that food will be on my doorstep Thursday? Disrespect and disregarded. Never again unless sold in the grocery store. So much for lifetime members.

Hi Sally,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry for any confusion you may have experienced regarding your account. We're glad you were able to speak with a Manager to resolve this issue. We can confirm your refund has been issued and will be placed back on your credit card used. We're happy for your weight loss success you had on Jenny Craig!

Original review: June 18, 2018

My husband had passed away and I wasn't eating properly. My daughter had done Jenny Craig a couple of years prior and she said the food was good. I've been trying a lot of different diets when I was younger and this just made it perfect for me because being a widow, I'm only cooking for one person and that was the easy choice. My personal consultant was very supportive and encouraging. I'm very upset that she has left the company. I had lost 50 pounds with her and she was amazing. Every week, she had a smile on her face. She never puts me down. She was in El Cajon and she moved to Mission Valley and I followed her. The company didn't treat her good so she left and got another position. And after she left, I stopped Jenny for a while.

But I called her before she left and she said, "I chose not to stay at Mission Valley just because El Cajon was closer from my home." Before she left she gave me two names of two consultants there. And she said, "Go and see. Either one would be perfect match for you." They're very nice ladies so I started back at El Cajon with one of them.

I used Jenny Craig for over a year, which I'm really confused about this whole thing too. I paid $19 a month for one year. Plus all my food. And then I got discouraged because I had heard a couple women in there saying, "Well, I get 30% off," or "20% off." And I get 10% off because I am a senior and they wouldn't give me any other discount. That's the only discount they would give me. I am a widow and I live on social security. I called the center. I just started back two weeks ago with Diana because I had gained half my weight back and I don't want to get back where I was.

I purchase everything that's on there and I'm on the 1200-calorie a day diet. I go through the breakfast, the lunch, the dinners and the snacks. The only thing if I don't care for one or two of the meals, I switch it out. And then she has a list that I can switch things out with. And so I switch it out but that's very rare. I'm on week two right now and I only switched out one thing. But everything else, I kept the same.

But I'm a little disappointed because they just changed some of the meals and they took away some of my favorite ones too and replaced it. Diana said that maybe they got a different manufacturer that makes the meals. They changed up the meatloaf and the mac and cheese but they're still good. Jenny Craig is a perfect program for me. The mindset that I was when I very first went into Jenny, I was so gung-ho. And now, I'm to the mindset where I don't want to get any heavier. I would love to still lose my other 25 pounds again. But if I don't, it's okay.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear about the success you have had while on Jenny Craig. We're glad you were able to connect with a new Consultant to meet your needs. We will have a Manager give you a call to clear up any confusion regarding your account.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had a great experience the first time I joined Jenny Craig. The problem was that I wasn't taught what to eat when I finished the program. Is there a book or something that can help with this. I've just joined and I'm hoping my consultant will teach me this.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your feedback and welcome back to Jenny Craig. Jenny Craig is all about helping you from the start of your journey and after; while you're maintaining your weight loss. Your Consultant will be able to help you throughout the entire process. We're excited to see your future progress!

Original review: June 17, 2018

My husband and I are empty nesters and he doesn’t like the same food that I do. So when I saw Jenny Craig, it seemed a good fit for me. I went in and met with my assigned counselor. She talked to me, explained the programs and measured me. We talked about the different food selections, which were really good and pretty robust. There have been some dishes that I really liked and there have been some that I don’t, but I would never know until I've tried it.

I pay a little more compared to dinners in the grocery store but the quality is a lot better. Plus you would be able to buy a ginormous big bag of those little chips there but what happens is you eat the whole thing. With Jenny Craig, it's pre-portioned out. I don’t like that the portions aren’t larger but that would not be a weight loss program. I’m using the Rapid Results program but I’m over 65 so things don’t happen so fast. Plus, I travel a lot for work and if you eat out and order a piece of fish, you know it's covered with butter to make it taste good. If I’m not exercising, it doesn't work either. It's just not as fast as I’d like but I am definitely progressing.

Hi Francis,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that Jenny Craig is meeting your needs. Don't forget you can add Fresh and Free Additions to your meals without impacting the nutritional value! Your Consultant can also help you with our Travel Menu so you can stay on track while traveling.

Thank you again!

Original review: June 17, 2018

A friend of mine, Lisa, goes to Jenny Craig and I've seen how it worked for her. She did awesome on it. I'm starting to have health issues with my legs and going there was the right thing for me to do. Also, I had a lot of setbacks over the years which were my fault. I've been in a car accident. Still, the girls at Jenny Craig are so wonderful. The ones where I go to back at New Jersey treated me very nicely. My personal consultant is absolutely wonderful. She talks to me and gives me the confidence to know that I could do this and keeps me strong.

I’ve been with Jenny Craig for three years now and I did great in the weight and the inches. The Jenny Craig menu plan is awesome. It's very easy. I just get my vegetables and set up everything together. It's amazing how I could lose weight and it's simple compared to counting calories. I have purchased lunch and dinner meals and I love the pork dish, the pancakes, and the bagel. The quality of the meals is fantastic. The portion is wonderful and they all have great flavors in them.

Hi Tina,

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction with Jenny Craig! We love hearing hear about the confidence your Consultant helped you with. We look forward to your future success!

Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I've only started my Jenny experience a few weeks ago. Results are decent. I have one major issue though. The only protein anytime/snacks available in my area are the peanut or cinnamon bar. Peanut does not agree with me, and cinnamon makes me throw up, so I've been choking down the Honey Peanut bar which has been leaving me in less than stellar condition. The menu boasts all these different options like a cookie dough bar and shakes, but I can't get them, and those options were the reason I joined in the first place, and I didn't find out they weren't available until after I'd already signed up. I'm not sure it's going to be worth it.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you don't like all the options available for our Nutrition Bars. We're happy to discuss other options with you to make sure you are still maximizing your weight loss. We'll have a Manager review your account and reach out to you soon.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The first time I went to Jenny Craig was 30 years ago, and they’ve always been very positive. Their selection of foods is very good and I like the variety. It suits my taste just fine and I’m getting what I paid for. Although I understand that I’m paying for some overhead as far as the centers, I wish the cost was a bit less. I meet with my consultant and we usually look at the week ahead. Like right now, I have a flexible work schedule. I’m an independent contractor, so I’m traveling and I’m coming and going quite a bit. My consultant worked with me to try to figure out what are the days that are gonna be easy to stay on track and what are the days that are gonna be challenges. Sometimes, I customize the week based on knowing when I’m not gonna have access to a freezer and we’ll work with the options. Jenny Craig's program is very good and I’m very pleased with it. I get great results when I stick to the program.

Hi Sabena,

Thank you for your review.

We're so happy to hear that your Consultant helps you work through challenges so you can stay on track, that's what Jenny Craig is all about.

Thank you for allowing Jenny Craig to be a part of your healthy lifestyle!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 15, 2018

I've been with Jenny Craig since '95 and I would order food off and on. I'd go for a couple of years and then, one of the kids would get married, so I go back again, trying to fit in the dress. Their food selection is pretty good and I’m always happy when they add something and change up the menu a bit. I have to take out my wine but I found it easy if I just have it on Wednesdays or on weekends. Cost-wise, it is what I’d spend if I went out to dinner a couple of times a week and I'm happy with the results this time.

Hi Judy!

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear about your sanctification with Jenny Craig. Thank you again for taking the time to share, have a great weekend!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I felt that Jenny Craig's food was better than other weight loss programs. The consultant was great and the company is fine. It’s going slow but that’s my fault. I’m not really good on the pasta dishes but some of them are okay. I don’t eat fish or shrimp and I’m allergic to that. I mostly like the things that are junk food, like a burrito or a hamburger. Other than that, the quality of the food has been very good. My daughter thinks it’s a good program and I would recommend it.

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for your review. We want you to know we're constantly developing new items to keep our menu full of variety and new flavors! We're happy to hear you would recommend Jenny Craig.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Jenny Craig was some place convenient that I could walk into and get my food and not have to do it by mail or drive straight across town. 30 years ago, I joined them for the first time then I came back in 2014. I took another break and then I started back in January. My personal consultant and I discussed the plan including where I have problems and suggestions on how to get over it. She's very positive and she gives good suggestions. The overall quality of Jenny Craig's meals are good but they keep getting smaller.

Using their menu plan is easy. I just go and whatever it says, I pull it out and fix it. I take and eat much of what's on the menu except anything spicy. I have problems with spicy food and I have to watch out for those including the burritos. Since I started back in January, I have seen results but I got into a bit of a rut where I had problems with late afternoons. I picked up the wrong things sometimes because I've not always been much of a snacker and I have to blame myself for any fall down. But I would suggest Jenny Craig to anyone who might ask.

Hi Becky!

Thank you for your review and welcome back to Jenny Craig! It's great you are able to work through challenges with your Consultant so you can continue to work hard towards your goal. It's a great idea to keep veggies around so when those afternoon snack cravings hit you can satisfy the craving with some veggies without impacting your meal plan.

Thank again Becky and have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: June 13, 2018

I’ve been with Jenny Craig twice and my first session was really great. I had an amazing consultant who was really helpful and motivating. Then I gained some weight back so I decided to rejoin and get organized. Now I’m on my second session and the consultant is mediocre. I think their people are overworked and unhappy. They have no interest or enthusiasm in what they do. They’re in-and-out, which is okay, it just makes sense because I don’t want a lot of fussy silliness.

I don’t depend on them to make me happy but I do notice that if I wasn’t getting what I wanted out of Jenny Craig, I wouldn’t be hanging around. I go in, buy my food, and I come home. There’s no additional motivating support that comes from them. I'm on Fast Track and it has been going really well. I like the fish and chips as well as the turkey and wild rice. They’re TV dinners, but they have good quality. And whatever I eat from Jenny is better than the three Big Macs I would have had.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback. We want to make sure you receive the best support from your Consultant. We will reach out to you privately to have a Manager follow up with you.

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

The Jenny Craig system combines nutrition and physical activity with counseling, to help clients change both their lifestyles and eating habits. The program guarantees results.

• How does the Jenny Craig program work?: The goal of the Jenny Craig program is for clients to reach their desired weight levels and no longer be reliant on the program's prepackaged foods, planned menus, or consultations to maintain a healthy lifestyle. To use Jenny Craig's system, clients pay a monthly fee to be assigned a personal consultant to help them create a personalized weight loss plan. Clients then purchase pre-packaged food items from over 100 menu options, eating five Jenny Craig meals or snacks a day and one snack from a list of approved options. The meals can be purchased at local Jenny Craig retail centers or online.

• Consultation: The program offers a weekly consultant for accountability and compliance. Every week your counselor will discuss your past week's results, create an activity plan to help meet your goals, plan for upcoming events like parties or dining out, and help you choose your Jenny Craig meals for the upcoming week.

• No guesswork: Pre-packaged meals and snacks take the guesswork out of fat loss. Anyone who wants everything “spelled out” without any measuring, counting, or other sorting will appreciate this plan.

• Carbohydrates: This diet might be best for those who are not concerned about following a low-carbohydrate diet. Some of the snacks and meals are high in carbohydrates and low in fiber, potentially triggering cravings, hunger, and weight loss resistance especially in people with blood sugar issues.

• Ingredients: Many of the snacks and meals contain ingredients some dieters avoid, including enriched flour, sugar, non-fat milk, corn syrup, soybean oil, margarine and maltodextrin. While some dieters will want to avoid Jenny Craig's foods because of this, others will find the familiar ingredients and flavors help them stick to the diet over time.

• Flexibility: A choice of on-site or at-home consultation options allows the customer flexibility. Some people work better face-to-face with a counselor, while others prefer to chat online or via teleconference in the privacy and comfort of their own homes.

• Best for: seniors, college students, new moms, people with diabetes, busy adults and former athletes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin

Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information