4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

477 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 26, 2019

I've seen Jenny Craig on TV quite a bit. I've seen some of it in magazines as well. I tried losing weight on my own. And I lost my husband just four years ago, and then my son moved out last year. So, I was at a crossroads. I've tried it on my own. I was at the Wharton Clinics with a doctor. I had various things, but it's just not enough discipline for me. So, it was like I needed to make a change. Last year when I knew my son was moving on out, I thought, now is a good time.

I kinda hit a wall where they do they say that with grief, that can happen. So, I thought to myself, this way, if I have a list of what I need to eat, I don't need to figure out anything as far calories and carbohydrates. Eat this on this day, in this order, and I'd be good. I went online, looked up a bunch of information and read some of the people that have been successful at Jenny Craig. And then, I went over for a consultation, and then I decided to join for the two-year, and that was on October. So, I lost 20 pounds. I have put a couple of pounds back on the last time.

I'm an office administrator at a school, so I'm off for the summer. So, I'm not as disciplined as I'd like to be in the summer. I've been out, and not so much of the exercise components enough, but I needed to get into that too. But it doesn't matter how much exercise if I'm not eating right. And my dog's older so it doesn't walk as much either. So, down the road, as horrible as it sounds, I was talking just last week to one of the girls over there and was saying, "I'm planning on getting, once he passes." And every time I think I'm getting ready for it, 'cause he has thyroid issues, he surprises me and he's still kicking, and he makes it forever. I can't wait, but at the same time, I'm hoping to get a couple of dogs who will also put me back into that huff mode that I've been in before, where I used to walk quite a bit. And that's a good way to keep your weight off as well.

So, I have found the last couple of years, just the combination after my husband passing, and then me working, and then some of it was grief, but then the other part of it is just being lazy or the dog's not going outside, I'm not going out. And then, I'm okay during the day, especially at school. But once I get into the night time and I'm sitting in front of the TV, I'm not hungry, but I'm eating.

From the very beginning, I started snacking, but I'm getting stuff. So, it's not in the house, and I don't have teeth. So, I'm getting the sugar-free Jellos, I'm having little tomatoes and the dill pickle cucumbers that are out now, and those types of things that if I do have the munchies after my last snack, say 9 o'clock, then I can sit and have something that even if I'm eating it, it's like 25 calories. It's better than a box of crackers or a bag of chips. I'm also babysitting two days in the summer. So, a couple of times, I've been to the Dairy Queen with them and having ice cream. So, I have to watch that, and I realized it, but it's nice to know, weighing yourself all the time, why that's happening.

I had even mentioned to one of the girls the coffee part. I love coffee and I like the flavored coffee. I used to take it black, but she had also said to me, "For every coffee you drink, you almost need an extra water." So, that was an interesting part. And then, I tried to have that earlier if I'm doing that same as to my Advil that I was taking a few times. I have allergies in the summer. And the reactant doesn't bother me as much, but if I take an Advil, it's because of inflammation, that can also bother me and retain the weight. And it's been interesting watching that as I'm keeping track of that on the sheet all the time when that happens. And so, some of that is just me getting to know my body. And it's interesting to know when I've gone up, I'm thinking, "I ate everything I'm supposed to eat, why am I still up a pound or half a pound from last weekend and I haven't lost anything? Oh, I've had three Advils this week." So, that's been a huge learning curve for me.

So, it's good now. I'm getting better. I was in a bit of a low. I'm hoping to jumpstart again. I was getting better the last week. I also had a colonoscopy book and I had a dental service. So, when I'm off work, I get a lot of stuff done, so I don't take time off during the year. It settles through me too. The colonoscopy was great. I lost five pounds overnight with all the cleanout which was wonderful, not the way I'd wanna do it. But then the next few days, as far as weighing up, even though I followed the program, I put it back on. I was surprised at that, and they said, "That could just be the water weight. It could be just your body getting back into it. It could be a variety of reasons."

The meals are very good. I know that some of them like a lot of the Mexican stuff. I have foods that I didn't realize I could switch them out. We were talking about that about a couple of months ago. And they said, "Up to maybe two substitutions, not many more 'cause then you're fussing with the program," which I understand. But I'm not like an enchilada person and the spicier meals.

The other ones, I really enjoy. And for work, it's great because the principal normally releases me for half an hour. I've been into the coleslaw lately that I really like, and I'm finding it very filling. And it doesn't get as soggy as salad. So, I've been eating it with either balsamic or I've even gone with just oil and vinegar. I love the other salads as well, but for work, I find the coleslaw travels better and it stays fresh. I've enjoyed it. The desserts are excellent too. I said to the girl when I was first losing my weight that I'm so gung ho at the very beginning. And into after Christmas eve and into March, I did say to her, one of the reasons they are so successful is because they cover the salt and the sweet part of you, as far as their snacks go. Last time, I'm eating a cupcake. I can either get the tortilla chip. And I'm the person that I do like the sweet, but I also crave the salt. So, it's nice.

I've had bad days for some reason, something's got to me and I've been stress eating and I know I'm doing it, but I can't stop. I'm just like, "Okay, it's one day, it's done. Tomorrow, here's our day and just start with the menu." And I know that I can bring myself back which in the past, you might go two or three days before you really start eating healthy again 'cause it feels this is on you to do it.

I find the meals great even in the morning. Like I take the dog out in the morning. A lot of times I'll get up, and I will eat my entree while I'm in the front of the dog doing his business. And then, I will take myself a yogurt and or a banana to work, to have, when I get to work, some fruit or some cherries. And I'll have that with my morning coffee before I have my barm in the morning. So, I space it out, so that I don't feel like I've eaten a whole bunch when I've gotten to work at 9:00 and I'm starving. And then, the school I'm at does not have a cafeteria. There's nothing really close by within walking distance. So, what I bring is all I have, which is great 'cause I'm very disciplined with that.

And then I've learned the tricks of the trade through the day of what I can and can't have and what I like better. Like in the afternoon, I love the dark sweet pitted cherries that you buy frozen. They're so good. And they're 90 calories with 3 grams of fiber. And she said like it's 12 that's on the sheet to have. I like them because they give me the sweetness, and sometimes, I'll eat them even semi-frozen, so I slow down a little bit especially in the summer, but it's just enough for me for sweetness in the afternoon.

For me, Jenny Craig was just at the right time. It was a choice I made for me. It was an adjustment at first. When my husband was alive, I was the one who did all the shopping, I did all the cooking. So, that took, number one, a huge amount of my time which I never realized 'till I started Jenny Craig. And even the grocery shopping now. I don't spend hours in the grocery store buying stuff I don't need. I have a list. I buy my skimmed milk that I want. I would buy my vegetables. I buy rye bread once in a while. But other than that, that's all I buy. And my frozen fruit. And that part of it is great instead of up and down the aisles and buying whatever is on sale even though I don't need it, and then you have it there to eat. So, for that part, it's been great.

I'm quite satisfied with Jenny Craig, and part of the reason I regressed the last of the while is, I know, partly me. So, I know I'm doing it. I'm more weary of it the last few days, and we've been talking about if from my visits because I was up half a pound, and I lost a couple of pounds and I'm a pound, and I've lost a pound, but I like to continue back on just losing. So, I know that's coming. I just have to adhere to the plan and then, I might exercise once I get there.

Hello Diana,

Congrats on your success! We are glad you decided to take that first step in getting healthy and gave the program a try! You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we do all the planning for you. No counting calories or points, and you enjoy 6 delicious meals a day. We hope you are doing well with your health goals.

Thank you again and have a great day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve been gaining weight over the last few years and I've been going to the gym regularly. I’m working out and getting trainers, dietitians, etc. The last straw for me was that I’ve gone in my food journal to show my personal trainer because I didn’t understand why I was not losing weight. I was just super stuck. At that point, he restricted my diet so much that I was essentially having spinach and whey protein, and that was it. He got mad at me ‘cause I had a tablespoon of peanut butter. It was really bad. It was so restricting.

It wasn’t like I was intentionally anorexic. I was just following the direction of this person, a professional, that I trusted with my health. So, I went to my doctor and I was like, “Look, I keep gaining weight. I’ve been exercising. I thought I was eating healthy. I see this trainer. I’m not getting results. What do I do?” And I’ve restricted so much. I don’t even know how to start eating or what to eat. He tried to put me on the HCG diet. You eat 500 calories a day and they inject you with vitamins every week. If I’ve already been restricting too much, I really don’t think that’s wise. The whole point is I wanna eat healthy and balanced. So, I fired him as a doctor and I went to Jenny Craig 'cause I just wanna be able to eat healthy, lose the weight and not be overthinking everything.

Jenny Craig provided the food so I wouldn’t have to be thinking about counting calories or this or that. You eat what they give you. That’s all you have to do. You don’t have to think about it. I had sought professional help and nobody seems to be able to understand that I just wanted balance. I didn’t want a keto diet. I didn’t want some sort of fad diet. I didn’t want to restrict. I just wanted to be healthy and normal and nobody would understand that. Jenny Craig was the only place that got that.

When I walked in, I already knew I wanted to do it. I get why they need to do the sales end of it but I found it a bit traumatic- the whole, “Write the things that have held you back and put an X on it.” A couple of months later, my husband went in and joined Jenny Craig as well. It was like the exact same spiel. I understand the psychology behind all of it but it was a bit over the top for me.

But Shelly, my rep, is really great. We get along really well with lots of different things. It’s almost like visiting a friend or a mentor. It’s not like, “Ugh, I have to go to my Jenny Craig thing.” She’s very relatable. I feel I can be honest with her, like, “Hey, my husband and I were out of town for three days and it was three days of eating at restaurants.” And it’s okay. She never shames us 'cause that was the big thing that I was dealing with before as well with the personal trainer and the doctor. They were shaming me. Any time something happened, “Oh, you had a tablespoon of peanut butter. How can you be doing that? You’re sabotaging yourself.” It’s negative, negative, negative. Whereas with Jenny Craig, it’s always positive and I really appreciate that.

I started with Jenny Craig beginning of February and I’ve lost 25 pounds which is great. I’m hoping to lose 25 more. My target was 50. I have sort of plateaued, but my husband and I have tons of travel the past few weeks. We’ve been out of town a whole bunch. We haven’t been able to stick to the plan as religiously simply because we haven’t been here, and we haven’t been in a position where we could take the food with us. Once this period of travel subsides and I’m able to get back into the swing of things, I’ll get right back on track. For the first time in this whole godawful saga, I’m hopeful. I’m positive and confident.

I’m a vegetarian and it’s great that Jenny Craig has vegetarian options. I wasn’t expecting that that would be available so I’m by no means complaining. It would be nice if there could be some more options ‘cause it’s pretty limited, but I don’t dislike what’s there. The only thing that concerns me is the environmental sustainability. It’s just a lot of packaging to be going through everyday. We try to recycle everything that we can, but how do we make it a little bit easier on the environment would be my only question. It’s not an overnight solution and that’s not something an entire corporation can change in a day so I hope it’s something that’s on their radar.

I would encourage going through the program especially for people who are just so frustrated, for people who feel like they have done the right thing like going to see their professionals and they haven’t received the help that they’re looking for. If I was experiencing that frustration, I would imagine that other people are too. They just haven’t felt that they could go vocalize it or they thought they were the only ones.

I absolutely recommend Jenny Craig to everybody because it does work and it’s easy and positive. You have your person to check in with as a resource and the food tastes good. It’s not like eating airplane food. I went into it thinking the food is gonna suck for the next few months but I was pleasantly surprised. People look at the cost like, “Oh, I don’t know if I could spend 175 bucks a week on food.” You do already. You just don’t realize it. It might look like it’s a lot but when you factor in how much you eat out, it isn’t what you think it is.

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your 25 lbs loss, that's fantastic! You're absolutely correct, with Jenny Craig each week is nutritionally balanced so you are getting everything you need. We are so glad to hear that Shelly has been there to support and guide you each week.

Thank you for your feedback regarding more vegetarian items to our menu. Your suggestions will be shared with the proper teams for future consideration.

Have a wonderful day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: April 18, 2019

My friend had done Jenny Craig a couple of years back and I looked it up because I've been looking at a lot of programs. I'm 53, so I've been having a lot of troubles with weight loss. I did a few things, but nothing is working. I liked Jenny Craig because it was only food. There are no drugs or any potions and lotions. The only thing that puts me off was the money. It is expensive and that is the only thing that a lot of people say, but I was desperate because my daughter is getting married next month and I had to lose weight. I joined Jenny Craig and it worked well for me, so I am happy. Although the food is frozen, it is still healthy food. I also like that they didn't deprive me of anything. There were some sweets and sometimes, there were carbs. It was very balanced.

On the first day I went to Jenny Craig, there were two ladies at the branch and location and they were really helpful. The thing that struck me was that most people try and push you up the program and force you to join, but they didn't. They just stated the facts and also showed us the history of it and what exactly it entailed. They were very honest about everything, like the cost and the whole thing. They didn't hide anything. Sometimes, you join something, then you realize, after a while, that you are stuck with it. But Jenny Craig was very honest and open, and I like that. It gave me more confidence.

My personal consultant was very good and she gave me a lot of confidence. I could talk to her and she supported me throughout and really made me feel that I could do it. The weekly visits were awesome. It wasn't scary because I had done a program before and I would be all stressed out waiting to stand on the scale. With Jenny Craig, I didn't have that fear and it was very comfortable. It was only one week where I didn't lose anything, but my consultant was very encouraging and I had a very easy time. I just lost 20 pounds. I had initially set a goal of 20 pounds because I didn't wanna lose too much for the wedding, but I said I would come back. I can go back and lose 10 more pounds after. If I had followed more strictly, I would've reached this fast. I can eat out and I can still keep up, which was nice because it gives you a perspective of how much you can eat.

I like the food. It was tasty. I'm Indian and I like spices and I thought I would miss my food. I just eat a little at home, a spoonful here and there. The food is more Italian and now they introduced a lot of chicken food. There is no Indian food but the pasta and the turkey burger is really nice. I don't like a lot of the bread, but the breakfast was nice. All the desserts and snacks were good. I liked them, although it was done in a little less salt and pepper. I would add more pepper because I'm not the picky one.

What I do when preparing salad is put all the veggies in a bowl and I snack on it at work. I don't use dressing on it. Hopefully, it will be easy. The only disadvantage is the price and that would be the only way people kept away. It is a good program, nonetheless. I have a whole closet full of clothes that I can wear now. I have thyroid, too, so I couldn't lose weight without help, but I was really surprised that this program works so well.

Hello Caroline,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your success! You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig everything is prepared and planned out for you. The great thing about our program is you don't have to miss out on some of your favorite meals!

We are so glad your Consultant was there to help support and guide you throughout your weight loss journey. It is so important that you feel comfortable with how you look and feel.

Thank you again and have a great day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: March 10, 2019

I used Jenny Craig for almost a solid year and I had an absolutely phenomenal experience. I've learned and done a lot of the things, and I've kept the weight off. That's always a good sign. The program genuinely works. You'll have ups and downs but if you keep pressing through it, it comes off. Use the counselor when you're feeling like you can't make it. She can come up with ideas such as making up the vegetable soup. That's really good. So if you're really hungry, you can have a little vegetable soup and you really aren't going to hurt your gain on the program in any way.

Maryann was my counselor and she was very good. I have multiple sclerosis so setting some of the goals was a little harder for me because I would have to go on steroids and that really messes things up. She would work with me to try to balance that and be realistic in thinking that maybe I didn't lose as much the first time as I would because of the steroids but that I should keep on it. I needed the weekly visits, especially in the beginning. I made them on a Monday because that would make me be better on the weekend, which is when you usually go out to eat and then it's harder to be as diligent, smart and wise. But I don't want to make it good or bad. That's another thing I learned.

The other thing is to look at the portions. That was probably the biggest for me. Years ago, I had tried Nutrisystem and before I started with Jenny Craig, I knew that I needed something to help me do portion control and proper balance of meals. Now, when I go to a restaurant, I order a six or eight-ounce steak, whatever they have in that range, and as soon as it comes to my table, I cut the entire meal in half. I put it away in the box and take it home for another meal. The reason I don't wait until the end is because I'm usually going out because I'm with someone. Then we're gonna sit there talking. If the food sits on my plate, I will continue to eat it. It's human nature. Whereas if I cut it in half and I've already put it in the box to go home, I can finish what's on my plate and just relax with everybody.

I started at 215 and I got down to 183 but occasionally, I would dip under. I'm 184 today and I'll be 182 tomorrow. My final goal is to get under 180 but if I don't, I'm not gonna worry about it. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14. Some people say they have to get to a certain number. But I never really said that. I was looking at how I looked in my clothes and feeling my body and what works for me. And a size 12 or 14, depending on the cut of the pants, is quite fine for me. And they had taken a before thing so now, I need my after picture.

I have even kept one pair of pants. When I'm having a particular need for the munchies, I get the pants out of the closet and I open them up. This was Maryann's idea. One side of me looks like it could fit in one side now and I say I don't wanna do that again then I just don't eat. I only had one issue with Jenny Craig. They have you eat that little bar they give. But I can't eat that because one of my issues is swallowing. It wouldn't get small enough for me.

But I liked the variety of the meal plans. They change a little bit each week. However, I'm allergic to onions and that made it a little hard because things that I would have enjoyed, such as the tuna, all have raw onion in them. I'm also not crazy about ravioli but I really liked some of the meat dishes, and you can swap them out. The personal consultant can look at which ones are comparable for what you need for your balance for the day. That worked very well for me.

Hello Sherry,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are absolutely correct, our goal is not just to help you lose weight, it is to help you learn to maintain your weight loss.
Having great guidance and support is so important, and we are so glad Maryann was there for you every step of the way.

I like the pants idea, it's a great reminder of how far you've came.

Thank you again and have a great week!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I went to Jenny Craig when it was set up a little bit differently. I had a good six months of their program back then, but it was a little hard to hang on to the calorie content and everything was a little short. Last year, I hurt my back and I wasn’t able to exercise. I stopped going to Jenny Craig and I told my consultant, Kelly, that I was in too much pain and I couldn't do the program. But I told her that I would try to keep my weight down. When I finally had my little procedure and everything to get me back on my feet, I gained seven pounds back, though it wasn't really bad. Then I called Kelly up and told her I was coming back. At that time, I lost about 14 pounds and gained a few back. Then early this year, I went back and lost another 16. So, I’m still not at my goal, but right now, I’m under a maintenance program where I go see Kelly once a month and get weighed, so that way it keeps me on task.

I always find myself going back to Jenny Craig and this is my fourth visit back. My body responds to their program and it has been very successful for me. Plus, their food is very good and the menu plan teaches you how to eat in moderation and you don’t have to starve to death. I’m sure I could buy very comparable and a lot cheaper meals from other companies, but Jenny Craig's menu plan works, so why try to fix something that isn’t broken. I also follow the plan to the tee. I’m there for a reason, which is to lose a few more pounds, and I don’t usually go off of the menu. But if there is something that I don’t like, I tell Kelly that I won’t eat that, so I need to exchange it for something else and there is never a problem.

I like Kelly. She is very good and she knows that I’m there to get the job done. She knows that the program is gonna be successful and she encourages me that way. I don’t really need a lot of encouragement and I’m my own best critic. And if I get to the point where I feel that my body has responded to pretty much the way it was gonna be, I try a couple of different ways to go and Kelly helps me with that. If it works, that is good. If it doesn’t, we try something different. And sometimes, I’ll rearrange a menu or if I feel myself getting a little bit bored, I'll change things up. When I tell Kelly about it, she just goes with the flow and is not pushy. I keep a journal, too, so I always tell Kelly what I’ve been doing for the week.

Before, Jenny Craig had meetings and I went to a few of them when I first started. But after a while, I told my consultant that I wasn't going to them anymore because the people there truly depressed me and didn't motivate me. They were there to fool themselves and they thought that by eating a little bit, they could have a piece of cake everyday. They always had an excuse why they didn't lose weight and they didn't understand that going into the program requires total devotion.

As time has changed, the meetings were kind of put on the wayside. In fact, there were a lot of things that Jenny Craig changed. Back then, the program was a little harder because the calorie count was very low. When I first started it was 950 calories and that was almost a starvation diet. But I lost 30 pounds and it was fun to lose the weight, though it didn’t really teach you how to stick to it and eat because the menu was a lot different. Now, the menu plan is so easy to follow.

They got quite a bit of food and I like the flexibility. I bought a lot of pasta and grilled chicken sandwiches from them. They also got cheeseburgers and pretty much everything that you would ordinarily go to eat at a fast food. But their stuff is grilled and served in smaller portions. I love the turkey burger, too, and I could eat those every day. These days, there are so many programs that have a lot of shakes and boxed food. I also tried Nutrisystem and they had a lot of soups and smoothies but they didn't satisfy me. It was easy to sit down, make a little salad or have an extra bowl of some vegetables along with your meal and by the time you get done with that, you’re definitely full. But that is not the case with Jenny Craig.

If you wanna get healthy, you need to go to them. But going into the program is a commitment and you really got to be ready to do it. You’ve got to be realistic, too. If you’re not, then it’s not gonna work. You will struggle but unless you don’t like eating, maybe it is not what you need. Also, getting into their program is a little bit costly, so a lot of people can’t take advantage of that. But you can’t put a price tag on our health. If it is something that is gonna help you reach your goal, then you gotta bite the bullet. I tell people that if you’re gonna spend that much money, you’ve got to be ready to do the program.

So when I’m sitting in the waiting room to see Kelly and somebody new would ask me how the program works for me, I would tell them that I lost about 20 something pounds and that they just had to stick to the menu, learn what they can add and change things up. I also tell them that they've got to eat all of the food and not not eat. When my husband went on with me and being the male, they gave him a few extra hundred calories. Within a couple of weeks when he went back, he told them that he couldn't eat all of the food and they had to drop some of them. And he lost 15 pounds within a few weeks, so it worked for him, too and he is a believer.

For me, Jenny Craig has always been a godsend. If I gain 10 or 15 pounds back, I can always go back there and within a few weeks, lose the weight because their program puts me back on track. And I’ve appreciated them being there and letting me come back. So far, my friends see Jenny Craig's effect on me and my appearance and weight loss sells the program to them. They are amazed at how easy the weight comes off me.

Hi Geri,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience. You are well versed on what needs to be done to see success while on Jenny Craig; sticking to the plan as designed. We love to hear about the relationship you have with Kelly and how she has been there to support you throughout your Journey. We're happy to continue to help you meet your goals and live a healthier life.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Felt this program was very expensive for the food one had to purchase. The individual counseling sessions felt very rushed, and not everything was covered. The new DNA testing cost $50 and was not explained fully, nor could it be referenced online.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I worked with Jenny Craig because of the convenience. My first interaction with them was very positive. It was a good deal. My consultant was very good and the week visits helped me a lot. It is encouraging and it helped me get on track. There was somebody to talk to about what was going on and the pros and cons. The menu plan was good for me to be that structured and I really appreciated that. I liked most of the meals I have purchased and there was only one that I did not really care for, the pork carnitas. Also, there was too much sugar and carbs in a lot of the menu items for the morning items or sweets. But, overall, the qualities of the meals were good. I made good progress for a long time, but I chose to stop because of financial reasons. Still, I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

My experience with Jenny Craig has been great, so far, and my interactions with their reps have been wonderful. They were amazing and very welcoming. I love them. I've been in their program for a year now and since then, I’ve lost 20 pounds. I love most of their food. Some of it stinks, but most of it is good. In fact, their Chicken Ranch Melt is one of my favorite. However, the cost is a little pricey. So, I’ve taken a little four-week hiatus and then I’ll be back on the bandwagon soon. Nonetheless, I have recommended it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Jenny Craig has worked, so I know it's reliable. It works for my schedule and the type of work that I do. It’s practical and doable. My consultant has been awesome and very reasonable. Sometimes there are weeks that we were not able to go on and we have some left over, so she always recommend good things. She is very encouraging as well. 100% excellent. I reached one of my goals and then it went up, but I knew it so I'm now starting again. It’s a cycle. The diet is not very difficult. I like the variety of the menu. I like the frozen foods.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Since using Jenny Craig in January, I have reached my goal back in July. I'm doing their maintenance program now where I eat my own food but I go in and check in with them once a month. I haven't gained back a pound since I lose it, so I'm maintaining my goal weight. I liked some of their breakfasts and their dinners --- their chicken and cheesy potatoes. The meals were very good and I didn’t have any problem with strictly eating their food for several months. I've recommended them to several people.

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

Members meet in-person with a consultant or receive one-on-one support via phone or video chat while portioned meals and snacks are home delivered for about $20 a day, plus the cost of enrollment.

• Trial program: A 12-week trial membership costs $16, plus the cost of food, and includes one coaching session per week.

• Free appointment: Meet with a consultant at a Jenny Craig Center near you and learn how the program can be tailored to meet your needs with no obligation to buy.

• Diabetes-friendly plan: The Jenny Craig Type 2 plan combines one-on-one consultations with a special Type 2 menu so members can lose weight and better manage their Diabetes.

• Varied menu: There are over 100 menu items covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Snacks, shakes, sides, soups and syrups and dressings are also available, along with frozen selections.

• Online community: Members can communicate, share stories, participate in forums and connect with dietitians.

• Metabolism focused: Jenny Craig’s Rapid Results meal plan works with the body’s metabolism, encouraging you to eat six times a day during the most efficient weight loss time.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information