Call toll free
3.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

208 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I love Jenny Craig. When I started I had not weighed myself in a long time and was shocked... I lost 13 pounds 1st go around and took a break due to some stuff I had to deal with namely I couldn't get into the center (caring for a family member). I should have had food delivered in hindsight. When I went back on Jenny I'm down again 6 lbs. I love the food. It's very delicious. I do struggle with hunger but a huge salad mid day really helps me. I love my counselor, no, now she's my friend Rita. I admit I cheat here and there: husband's birthday cheat, church potluck cheat, but my last Jenny counselor who was great too gave me great advice. She advised don't consider the whole day a loss just that meal get right back on track, it helped me a lot. Get right back on track.

Hi Laura!

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig story! Congrats on your weight loss! We loving hearing about the friendship you created with Rita. We're very glad to hear her support has helped you.

Have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I've been a member of Jenny Craig for several months. Until about 6 months ago, I was very pleased with the program. I had a good coach, the food was fine, I was losing weight and everything was handled well. When I'd come for my appt with my coach, there were usually 2 coaches on hand and someone was at the front desk to say hi and answer questions, as well as to prepare the bill for that week's food. I chose to have the food delivered (for a fee) and the delivery service was very good. But little by little, things changed. There's no one at the front desk now and when I walk in, my coach is usually alone there.

She has to handle walk-ins, regular apps, the phone, get the food ready and oversee the delivery service. I can't blame her for being short at times. A few months ago J.C. changed their delivery service. The new service charged more and is very unreliable. They delivered food an hour early once and when I wasn't available (in the shower) they left the food in the lobby, where it sat for 3 hrs without my knowing it had been delivered (there's a 2 hr window of time). I had to send it back. Today, they never came and finally 60 minutes later I called the center to inform them. The delivery arrived an hour after that, so altogether they were 2 hrs late. If I'd had plans for the evening and had gone out, they would either have had to take the food back or leave it in the lobby again, where it would sit until whenever I got back!

This is totally unacceptable. These changes indicate of a management that cares more about cutting corners (more $$ for top execs?) than about keeping the quality of the customer service high. Lastly, the price of the food has risen since I started the program, and unfortunately I've had problems with the food from time to time, like today: there were little hard bits of something in a pasta and vegetable dish, and it's not the first time. When people used to ask me how I lost the weight, I was happy to tell them. But now, if I tell them I will add that I can't really recommend the program because it's very obvious now that the decline in service isn't going away.

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. We're going to have a Manager give you a call so we can properly address your concerns.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was off to a good start but encountered a problem with the amount being charged for 7 days of food vs 3. Had to do with weigh in day and food purchase date being different. I was charged extra for 3 days not knowing about the discount for 7 days of food purchased. I asked for this to be made right and have heard nothing. I’ve spoken twice with customer support and was told I’d hear back within 48 hours. I’ve heard nothing from anyone at Jenny Craig. Plenty of other options and obviously better customer care.

Hi M,

We're glad you were able to connect with our Market Director today. We're happy to hear she was able to resolve your concerns.

Thank you again for allowing us to fix this and have a great weekend!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have been on the program for 3 weeks and have only lost 4 pounds and have been very hungry most of the time. Whenever I go for my weigh in, my counselor seems very busy and rushed, even though I am the only person there. When I was there last, I was very discouraged and my counselor knew that, and she did not offer any encouragement. I also found out that measurements should have been taken on the first visit which should have lasted approximately 40 minutes. (One of the reasons I pay a lot of money for this program, is the personal touch from the counselors.) That did not happen. I have talked to the center about it and hope my further visits will be more empowering. Will keep everyone posted.

Hi Rebecca,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We're going to look into your account and have a Manager contact you.

We will be in touch soon. Thank you and have a great day.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I tried the Turbo Boost program with some success. I took a break as I wasn't enjoying eating what felt like airplane food for a month. After a couple of months, I tried to buy more food and had nothing but difficulty. After speaking to multiple people I was told because I was already on the program only my counselor could send me more food. She never contacted me back. Oh well, good thing there are other programs out there.

Hi Jennifer,

Turbo Boost is not a program that Jenny Craig offers. We believe you may have us confused with another company. We also could not find an active or recent account for you. We're happy to help you get started on the Jenny Craig Program and answer any questions you may have. Give us a call at 1-866-706-4042.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had minimum success with JC for 8 weeks (13 pounds) and was following the program diligently. I have since switched to a different weight loss program. I am still being charged a monthly membership fee of $19. This needs to be canceled ASAP.

Hi Gayle,

Our Customer Service team will be happy to speak with you regarding your request. Per your service agreement you are able to cancel at anytime; the reason your account has not been cancelled is because we did not receive a request to cancel it. We will forward this team member who will reach out to you.

In the future our Customer Service team can be reached at 1-800-536-6922.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I've talked on the phone with them and was supposed to get a text and email. Never did. I went to talk to them in the center. I told them I'm not sure I can afford it so never got to talk to anybody. The lady at the desk told me to go to Weight Watchers. I was shocked. I went back online. Talked to a salesperson and he said he call me to talk in over and talk to a counselor, well he stopped chat and didn't call me back. They didn't even give me a chance to see if they could come up with a program I can afford. Very disappointed.

Hi Laura,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to have a Manager reach out to you first thing in the morning. Thank you for taking the time to report this to us so we can address this right away.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I used Jenny Craig several years ago. I got my lost weight goal the first time around and I maintained it for a long time. However, I went off track and recently I decided to go back to their program. It's convenient since everything is pre-planned for me. I've done both the one where you call them and they ship your food to you and the in-person consultation. I like the latter better, even though the phone call was a lot more convenient. It's a lot more personal and the people are trained better than the ones on the phone.

Furthermore, I get bored with stuff in the food plan after a while. Also, I haven't been happy about the packaging of the food. They're quite costly for what you get. I understand that you're getting the consultant and the personalization, but the quality of the packaging is cheap! It needs to be updated. Even Weight Watchers has far superior packaging. I'm fighting this cardboard, plastic, and stuff for something that costs double of what I would pay for a Smart One or a Weight Watchers meal of comparable size. Nevertheless, Jenny Craig is great at teaching you how to maintain your weight. I would definitely recommend them.

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We'll make sure to forward your concerns regarding our packaging to our quality team as food quality is very important to us, and that includes the packaging. We're happy to hear about your success on Jenny Craig and we're happy to help you get back on track.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I wanted to be a better me and so I signed up with Jenny Craig. My interactions with the reps were good. Everybody I've dealt with has been very nice and helpful. I've used the program off and on for years. Right now, I'm not on it but when I have used the program, I lost weight. I haven't had any problem losing the weight but I got burned out on the food, eating the same ones over and over. I was on it about four months ago. Even so, I got to be able to choose what I liked after a while. I wrote down things I didn't like so then I could choose what I did like. I was a big big chocolate person and then I always liked the pastas. I didn't really like the soups though.

I would tell others that Jenny Craig works and the food is good but it's expensive. Although the price is a motivating factor on me to lose the weight because I don't wanna throw my money away. Every diet is gonna work. You've just got to watch your portions and what you eat. You gotta be consistent and it's a mindset. You have to be ready to lose. That's the success of it. You're not just gonna have one good day and then cheat the next.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience. We are always working to develop new foods to keep our menus full of variety! We have new items coming out at the end of this month so stay tuned for those!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Jenny Craig was local and I didn’t wanna do a weight watchers group. I was drawn to one on one as opposed to weight watchers or a group, so I decided to work with them. My very first interaction with their reps was good and I enjoyed my personal consultant. She was encouraging. I had used Jenny Craig before and this time, I have been using their weight loss program for a year and I am three-fourths of the way there. The meal plan is good and I like all of it especially the baked potato. Overall they have a good program.

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your Jenny Craig Experience. We're happy to be taking this journey with you! You'll be at your goal in no time!

Have a great week!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was with Jenny Craig for two years. The rep I dealt with was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had an appointment, went in and talked about the week prior and the week coming up. I like their structure and the weekly weigh in. In regards to their meals, they had yellow for breakfast and green for lunch, but I didn't like that they mixed them all together and I didn't like their tuna kits. In addition, the meal plan was a little too structured. They need more flexibility built into the program to be able to incorporate my own food because then, I'd get stuck on their food. I'd try to prepare my own and I'd get lost. Also, the meals were too expensive, so I stopped. Other than that, the quality of the meals was good and the biggest thing I came away with was I learned the 'portion control' where I can have my sweets as long as they're portion controlled and timed out. Overall, I had a great experience. I made a good progress and I'm maintaining my weight.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear about the positive experience you had with your Consultant. Jenny Craig is a structured weight management plan that helps clients maximize their weight loss while building healthy habits. Once a client has met their goal and are on our Maintenance Program we do teach them how to incorporate their own foods to maintain their weight. If you met your goal your Consultant would be happy to help you transition to our Maintenance Program.

Original review: July 30, 2018

The Jenny Craig rep I dealt with was pleasant and knowledgeable, but it is odd that she's very overweight. I’ve been using Jenny Craig's program since March and it's not going that well but it's my own fault. I do not like that the menu plan feels rigid. I'm on the one that’s 1,200 calories a day and I’m supposed to eat less at night. I wish there was a more flexibility in it. But for the most part, the food is fantastic and delicious.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your review! Even our employees go through their own weight loss journey that we help support them with every step of the way. Sounds like you are on our Rapid Results plan, if you feel that is not working for you let your Consultant know and you're welcome to switch to our Classic program.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a great week!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I went to Jenny Craig the first time with my girlfriend back in the ‘90s. Jenny Craig was easy and my experience in dealing with their personal consultants was always good. The one in Oakland was very sweet and upbeat. She was very supportive and she gave me ideas and encouragement. Since then, the meals have been quite good. I like the pasta dishes like the mac and cheese or the fettuccine Alfredo. The desserts are small but good nonetheless. I'm not a good dieter and it has nothing to do with Jenny Craig. I will lose a bunch away then I'll get off and gain it back and then lose it again. The positive thing is I didn’t get enormous. They were always trying to keep me in check.

Hi Delois,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear how Jenny Craig worked for you.

Original review: July 29, 2018

My experience with Jenny Craig has been good. It was through my mom that I first heard about the company. The reps were motivating and they seemed to fit my needs. They were friendly and I felt comfortable. I don't like a lot of coaching so I made them aware of that. I'm pretty self-motivated, so they worked with me with what I needed. I liked the portioned meals and the fat plan per week. The mac and cheese and some of the desserts were really good. The food was good and I felt success from the plan overall. I used Jenny Craig three or four times over a 10-year period and it worked. But then it became a little too costly for me at the end so I had to give up the program. Jenny Craig checks in with me every now and then. If it were a bit more cost-efficient, I would be able to do it.

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for your review. We have different program options you may benefit from, we're happy to give you more information regarding those programs. Give us a call at 1-866-706-4042.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I’ve been doing Jenny Craig on and off for years. I’ve been with them after I had my first son in ’96. I like the program and I know I’ll lose weight if I do the program. Recently, I did the Rapid Results and while it worked really well for me, I had some problems. They are so rigid. On the Rapid Results menu, if they are out of a food, they let you change two things but they make you count those two things because they’re out of the food but it’s not my fault that they are out of the food. I’ve even called them and told them that and that part frustrates me. So, I’ve taken a break and I was gonna go back after my birthday in August.

It’s a great program though. Always when I get on that I know I’ll lose weight and I like it because it’s easy. If I know that if I eat the food, it always works. I’m hitting a certain age that I don’t lose the weight anymore but the Rapid Results program worked really well for me. I had two graduations in May and I lost the weight before the graduation so I didn’t look like a complete balloon in the pictures.

They have a good variety with their food and I tend to like the same things over and over. I like the breakfast ones. They used to have different pancakes but they changed the food which is another issue. All of a sudden, they don’t have a certain food anymore. I like their waffles. They got the breakfast scramble also and I like their Anytime Bars too, which is something they give for between the meals to hold you over. They need to expand on their dressings though. They only have two salad dressings and when you’re on a diet and you have to eat a lot of salads, you gotta mix that up a little bit.

They have great mac and cheese, which they know is popular. It has been around forever. They also have a turkey and rice and it’s pretty good. They have a little cheeseburger too which I like a lot. It doesn’t take up a lot of room in the freezer, so that’s a good one. Their desserts are pretty good too. They have a chocolate lava cake, a mini cupcake and a lemon cake that they’ve had forever. Thank God they haven't taken that away. That’s been very popular for a while. They have a chicken and potato dish which is really good and the lasagna is not bad. They have little cinnamon rolls for breakfast that are good that makes me feel that I'm not on a freaking diet. I feel a little bit better.

When you do the Rapid Results though, you’re stuck to their menu and there are some things that I don’t like. I know why they have to have shelf items because that travels well but I like the frozen items way better than the shelf items. Sometimes I’m stuck with a shelf item on that list and I really don’t want those and I don’t wanna be dinged. I wanna be able to make my changes without being dinged because they don’t have the stuff in. There’s always room for more improvement with Jenny Craig but I like that they are local. I know them and they know me and they're very close to my house. I was very excited about that because I used to have to drive so far. That makes it a lot easier and they're very close to a volunteer, which is a grocery store.

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your feedback and congrats on meeting your goal before the graduations! We'll make sure to share your suggestion on more dressings with our Food Team.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have tried other weight loss companies, but I had not been completely successful. I walked in at Jenny Craig and my first interaction with them was fine except that they were slightly understaffed. And three years ago, at the Tampa Florida center that I was really successful with, my experience was fantastic and the consultant was super! She shared a lot of her story with me and what motivated her. She worked with me to try to figure what would motivate me, and she got tough with me when I needed it.

I joined Jenny Craig again here in New Jersey and I'm having a problem with making an appointment and I sitting for 20-25 minutes trying to wait for my consultant to be able to take me in. They are understaffed and have difficulty trying to fill positions. In Florida, my center was five minutes away, but this one is a half an hour away, so I keep quitting because I get frustrated. It's an hour round trip and then, I sit there sometimes for over a half an hour waiting. The manager is great, but the center is not managed well as far as scheduling. And as far as the sincerity level of the consultants, I feel like a number up here at the New Jersey site. But down in Florida, I felt like a person that meant something to the consultant.

Still, the quality and the flavor of Jenny Craig's meals are great and that's what makes the program successful, and it works. I really like the butternut squash ravioli, fish and chips, and the breakfast burritos. I just wish that Jenny Craig could be managed consistently so that one center is not more superior to another center as far as customer service goes. Also, the connectivity of the computers in those centers that I've been to has been terrible whether they have old computers or new ones. It's frustrating to every single consultant and the frustration flows over to the clients. We're sitting there and done with our appointment, and the order for the food cannot be processed because all the computers are very slow.

Hi Lori,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear about your success. We're going to have a Manager follow up with you regarding your experience in the New Jersey location. We strive to provide a seamless experience no matter what Jenny Craig you attend. We will be reaching out soon.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I've done Jenny Craig in the past and it worked. Then, I got to a point where I needed to lose weight and I went back to Jenny Craig. Their representatives are both great girls. I've only been there since February and I've reached my goal. They are the reason that I'm down 35 pounds. They pushed me forward. I look forward to the weekly visits and I told them that they are the highlight of my week. We laugh and have a really good time. Right now, I’m on maintenance so I'm down to two days of their foods. I have a good menu plan and all the food is great, and if there's a meal that I can't do like pork or fish, we substitute and it's not a problem at all. I’ve also done Nutrisystem but Jenny Craig is better.

Hi Gina,

Congrats on your weight loss, that's fantastic! We're happy to hear about the great relationship you've developed with your Consultants. Thank you for your review.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: July 27, 2018

I’ve been using Jenny Craig off and on over the years and I feel very good about it. Jenny Craig's reps have all been very good and nice, but they don’t tell you how to keep the weight off without having to continue to use the foods. I have gone back to them over the years several times. And once you stop eating the food which over a period of time is a lot of money, you tend to gain the weight back. Other than that, the food selections are good and I enjoy them. I change every once in a while, and they bring in new foods as well. I would recommend Jenny Craig and I have told people where I go to lose weight, but I've also told them the pitfall that once you stop eating the food, you gain that weight back a lot of times.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your feedback. Our Maintenance Program will help you once you met your goal. While being on Jenny Craig you're learning portion control and getting in the habit of eating several small meals throughout the day. Jenny Craig's Maintenance Program is important because it helps you maintain your goal you worked so hard to get to. A Consultant would be happy to go over this with you, please give us a call and we'll be happy to help get you scheduled. 1-800-536-6922.

Jenny Care Service Operations Manager

Original review: July 26, 2018

I wanted to lose weight and I have a great experience using the Jenny Craig program on and off for 15 years. The consultants have all been wonderful. I enjoy the desserts and I have used the menu program, which works fine. The meals are good quality and they look good. Even people in my office has said that it smells good. I've recommended people to Jenny Craig. With them, you would like the food and would also lose weight. When you stick to their program, you'll have good results.

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your review and for recommending Jenny Craig! You're right, Jenny Craig works when you stick to the program!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I was on Jenny Craig a long time ago when I was in my 20s and just came back because I’m fat and I need to lose some weight. I really like the rep whom I spoke with to get started again. She is very nice and easy to talk to and she understands when I have a crappy week. I have been on the program for only a couple of months, but I had a couple of things come up. My mom had a stroke and then my 17-year old daughter had a baby, so it has been hard because I had to go out of town when my mom had a stroke. It has also been really hard to do what I’m supposed to do on the program, although it’s not Jenny Craig’s fault.

The menus are great and it’s what I like about Jenny Craig. A lot of the food is good and I like a lot of it. There are only a couple of things that I don’t like. I’m someone who can’t eat a lot of lemons because it gives me cold sores, and they have a lot of lemon cake and lemon cookies. Before, they had a different chocolate cake. If there were more varieties on the dessert portion so that I can have choices to swap out when there’s something I can’t necessarily eat all the time, that would be nice.

I like the program that’s why I came back. However, the only difficult part about it is when I have stuff come up like going out of town. It’s hard to stay with the menu. When I'm in my normal routine, it’s great and it’s perfect because I know what times I can eat or what I'm supposed to eat. Still, when I have something that throws me off my normal plans, that’s when it gets hard. I’m trying to get back on the plan right now. The drama in my life is calming down where hopefully, it will be a bit easier to do what I’m supposed to do. If a person sticks to the plan, the program works really good. I would definitely recommend Jenny Craig to a friend.

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience. We're sorry to hear about your Mom. Please know we are always here to help and support you throughout your journey. We wish you all the best.

Thank you again and have a great weekend,

Original review: July 25, 2018

My very first interaction with Jenny Craig was quite emotional for me way back in the day because I was very upset. At that point in time, I was only about 212 pounds and when I went back in 2015, I was 248.8, so that time was very frustrating for me. In 2009, I had gained a lot of weight before I got married due to the drama issues within family relations and that factored in a bit. I couldn't shake the way through and I got discouraged, so I knew that going back to Jenny Craig was one thing that works for me. I did the Body for Life as well, but I was better with the pre-planned meal in the portions.

Jenny Craig is within two hours from my house and all the gals that I deal with there are very good and understanding. I've been with Jenny Craig for long enough that a lot of times I know what it is that I'm supposed to do and what I'm doing. I'm very verbal with the process and how I'm doing, and they provide the guidance knowing that I'm not just a Jane Doe off the street that doesn't know anything. I usually go there every four weeks, but this summer, I've been on a holiday so sometimes it's five weeks. I normally deal with Lynnea on a weekly basis because I get weekly phone consults. I normally talk to her every Thursday and that goes well because it's not just how many meals are going, but also whatever else is happening with my life that affects everything else. It has always been interesting.

Sometimes I deal with one of the other gals too depending on who's scheduled. But Lynnea is very good at asking the right questions. She is understanding and supportive. There's no bashing going on, "Why didn't you stick to your plan," or "Why did this happen," or "Why did you lean off the wagon for a bit?" I got back with Jenny Craig in February of this year and since I came back, I'm 191 now and I still have 60 pounds or so to get to my goal weight.

I needed more regimens with the schedule and more discipline of what my portions are and what I need to eat. I needed that training again. They tell me that I can have veggies and if I wanna do something, then I have to give something up in moderation. I've had to go to our head office for training sometimes and it was a process of being able to do that and still do the Jenny Craig stuff and make all that work for me. It was a good learning curve as well because it brought some real life in, even though Jenny Craig is the real food but it's the outside Jenny Craig food.

The difficult time for me is usually between the time I get off from work and the time that my husband gets home. Weekends aren't usually bad, but there are times when I'm feeling a little snacky and there's always the monthly cycle. There's no logic in there, there's no rationale, and there's no talking myself out of something. During those times, even though I don't need the chips, it doesn't matter. My husband is very supportive and he's also wanting to lose the weight, so we have picked up different plates. We're learning portion control with him, the fact that he can eat like he is in his 20s.

We purchase pretty much anything from Jenny Craig except the lemon stuff that I don't like. I also can't have the shrimp stuff because my husband is allergic to shellfish. I'm fine with anything else, except for the honey and peanut butter. I don't like those because I don't like the aftertaste. But there's not very much that I don't like within the Jenny Craig menu. It's usually good.

Normally, when I go to the city, I would look forward to going out for supper and my husband and I have shared meals. That is a good thing as well because a normal meal for anybody is too much, but if you share a meal, then that makes a difference. I can still go out for supper even though I have my Jenny Craig food and I can have a side salad. I'm still eating with people, but I'm being healthier and still having my Jenny food. They got a new Blueberry square bar. It's okay but it's not for everybody. I love the Cranberry biscotti bar and I would like to see that on their menu a bit more than see a Sunshine sandwich because I don't really care for the English muffins. I've also gotten used to the butternut squash ravioli a bit more. I'm not a big spaghetti and meatball fan, but it still tastes good. My favorites of late are either the Turkey burger or the cheeseburger, but I like all the Jenny food.

There's not a whole lot on the menu that tastes like diet food and that's one of the biggest reasons why I like Jenny over some of the other ones that are out there. Weight Watchers says a lot of with peppers, which is fine, but Jenny does the rice and the potatoes. And they've got the pasta and still got their veggies. I am not a green bean fan, but I’ll also eat some. If you don't have that variety, then you're gonna get sick with the menu. I have already recommended Jenny Craig to friends.

Hi Darlene,

We're happy to hear about how Jenny Craig has helped you in your life and about the great relationship you had with your Consultant. Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 25, 2018

I first came across Jenny Craig in the early 90’s and that was when I first started with them. I was able to get in on a lifetime thing but they no longer offer it. From time to time, I go back then I picked up some weight and I reapply myself. I’ve had several different consultants because of the calendar and scheduling and they've all been very helpful and very encouraging. I like the choice of food from Jenny Craig and most of the foods are really tasty. I have a choice and the whole menu plan doesn’t deprive me. I get to enjoy a wide variety of things that I normally want to eat.

I'm okay with the soups and the chicken salad but I'm not a real fan of most the shelves stuff and I chose not to take those as a possible substitution. I like the Margarita pizzas, the flatbread pizzas and carbonara. I also like the pot pie and the macaroni and cheese which is one of my favorite. It is a pretty safe food and my favorite dessert is the triple chocolate cheesecake.

However, one of the times when I went back to them I had a lot of issues with heartburn and I was taking over the counter medications on a daily basis. I don't know if it's because of lack of the fat or just balanced food that it had these health effects to me. But within two weeks of going back I haven't had to use the heartburn stuff. I live alone and Jenny Craig works well for me. I don't have to worry about cooking for other people since I get to choose. I stuck with it and even if I’m getting old and I put on a little extra weight, I would get back to it because I feel so much better. I feel the difference when I'm going off inches in the waist but it's more that I'm a lot healthier and more for wellness. I've talked to quite a few people I know about it. It will work well for people who are in the same situation but it also depends on the lifestyle and what they are willing to do.

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear about your satisfaction with the variety that Jenny Craig provides you. We'll share your feedback with our food team.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I started Jenny Craig a long time ago. At the time, Weight Watchers still had meetings you had to go to and that wasn't for me. Jenny Craig had an offer at the time that I couldn't pass up. It was 20 pounds for 20 dollars. I decided to give it a try and it worked. My first interactions with Jenny Craig was okay. A gentleman took care of me the first couple of times I was there. However, they were having a turnover of people at the time and he was just temporary. I was very skeptical when I first went. I didn't think it was going to work and was quite surprised when it did and it just kept me coming.

The first time I went there about eight years ago, I lost 54 pounds. And I kept it off for six years. Then I had things happen in life and gained the weight back. I ended up going back again and I've lost 25-30 pounds. I have 10 pounds left to go. My personal consultant is not quite as openly friendly, but she's a good consultant and knows what she's doing. When I go in weekly, I weigh in first and then I sit down and go over the next week's menu that I'm going to be on. At times, depending on what my weight is, she'll give me tips as to what I can do differently to make it better. It's really quick. I've been going there for a long time and they have been there for me.

They've changed their menu within the last four months and a lot of the original things they had were better than what they changed them to. They've changed their Anytime Bars now. Last week was the first time I had gotten the new ones. They are really delicious, but they're smaller than the other bars were and they have more calories. They went up 10 calories per bar, which is 70 calories a week. And that's for not getting anything any different than what I had before. I'm not sure I like that at all because I was perfectly happy with the ones they had before. Also, I have found some at the grocery store that has more of all the good things than Anytime Bars. Moreover, it has even less of the bad things in it. I think I'm going to go that route instead.

There are also some meals that you couldn't pay me to eat. There are a couple of them that I have tried several times and I think they're worthless. I've tried the beef merlot two times. Each time I've gotten it, there were two tiny pieces of meat, about as big as the tip of my little finger, and the rest was all gravy. Then there were vegetables in there. For me, that's not a meal. But overall, most of the food is very tasty. I'd recommend them.

Hi Sherry,

Congrats on your weight loss! We're happy we get to continue to help you meet your goals. We'd like to have Manager follow up with you privately regarding our experience with your Consultants. As for the menus at times we do change or retire foods to keep our menu fresh and full of variety.

We'll be in touch soon.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I go on and off with Jenny Craig for 10 years. When I first went in, it was welcoming and I was given the information. But I didn’t have the greatest experience with them and it was like I just went through the motions. I did it for two months and I have lost weight. My norm is about 13 to 15 pounds when I go on Jenny Craig within the 2-month period. Then, I slowly start getting tired of the food so I slowly start going off but it was more to eat regular food than anything else. When I go on Jenny’s meal plan for so long, we also have to learn to eat regular food as we go along. Life isn’t just about those prepackaged foods and I've got to be able to incorporate both the regular food with the Jenny Craig but they don’t encourage that. Their consultant did not give me anything to work with. There were no suggestions on how to do things differently to keep me motivated enough to keep going so I always tend to lose interest.

If I try to change up even a package with something else, we are really discouraged. I could see the exact amount of calories for that day but they should give you an option so that you don’t get bored with what you're eating. I’m ok with the first three weeks of following it diligently but after that, I start making little changes and it was discouraged. They say that they cannot change it with another because I’m not gonna have the same weight loss. They could work with me on what I wanna change and they could be more encouraging than discouraging. But I realized that it’s gonna make a big deal if I change up one meal. A lot of the desserts are really too sweet and almost too rich and I’d rather have something else of my choice. I always feel that I have to eat what they say I have to eat and I don’t really like that part of it.

The meal plan is too restricted. In the beginning, more people followed but for the longer-term client, they have to start doing a little adjustment. I have a busy life so it kinda works but at the same time, it doesn’t work because I have meetings and I try to eat with the group. I'm going back again today and the consultants gave me a quick call and just asked how I am. They didn’t engage in any discussion at all and they did it because they have to hit a quota.

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear about your weight loss on Jenny Craig. Our goal at Jenny Craig is to help you meet your goals and maximize your weight loss. The structure of our Full Planned Menus and the routine of meeting with a Consultant weekly is what makes our clients successful. We encourage you to speak with your Consultant about making changes that fall within the parameters that will help you continue to optimize your weight loss.

Thank you again and have a great day,

Original review: July 23, 2018

I belonged to Jenny Craig for many years and they were good. My interactions with my personal consultant were wholesome and very nice. I started in 1990 in Monterey, California and I lost 100 pounds. It was good because I worked at a scuba diving shop and I was exercising every single day, but weight loss is something you have to keep up with. In the 90s, they had more meetings. They also had all the tapes and these tapes were helpful. But this time, they don't have tapes. I wish they would've had CDs instead of the tapes, so I could listen to them better. They also had books and they had more training materials where now they don't.

I like the menus and all the menus are good. There are only a couple of things I don't care much for, but I eat it too. However, after a year, I got tired of the menu, but they do what they can to change them. They retire food and change them to new food. The quality of the meals is very good and I like the idea of not having to take the vitamins because last time, I had to take the vitamins and I lost my hair. My weekly visits with my dedicated personal consultant were very good, although right now, I'm not doing it because I'm waiting for the fall. But I'm going back to Jenny Craig. I just have to budget because it's kinda expensive. Nonetheless, I'd recommend them.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you four your feedback. We're happy to help you get restarted with our returning client specials! Give us a call at 1-866-706-4042.

Thank you again and have a great week.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've been with Jenny Craig since the 90's, but I come and go. Still, I like the company. I like my consumption with their program and their food is good. They're not acidic, so my stomach doesn't get all messed up. Furthermore, my consultant is the sweetest girl and we became really good friends. She's trying to help me to keep on track. Also, she's always worried that I exercise and I do whatever's necessary to lose the weight. She texts me and we go to her office. There, I lose my stuff then I get weighted. She asks me about my week and how it went. Then we get a menu and leave for home. In terms of the quality of their food, most of it is nice. Jenny Craig did a lot of changes with their food. Still, I like them much more and I have my own personal favorite. They have integrated in the last three years and they've tried it to be a little bit more modern with our food.

The program is good and when I followed the program as it should be, I was losing the weight an average of two pounds a week. The problem is that if I go off it I don't lose any. When I first started their program, I was very focused and I lost 30 pounds. But over the years, losing weight is just not my main goal right now but it is not to gain weight. So when I'm off it, I gain weight. But if I followed the regimen I'll lose weight and I'll do great.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience with us. We love to hear about the connection you have with your Consultant. Congrats on the weight you have lost. We're happy to continue to help you meet your goal.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: July 22, 2018

I was on Jenny Craig years and years ago, back in the early 80s. I have always liked the program and the food, and I knew it worked for me, so I went back to it. I’ve been on and off for the last two years and my recent interaction with one of the Jenny Craig employees was positive. They got me all set up and they weighed me in, measured me, encouraged me, and gave me my food. I show up for the weekly visits with my dedicated personal consultant and we weigh in and we talk about the week, the challenges, obstacles, things I can do, and plan for the week ahead, and then I grab my food. I like all the different menu plans and they have more options. I like all the Mexican food.

I like the program quite a bit. When I first joined, I had a program where I got a discount on my food weekly, which helped out significantly. And when I started going back again, that program was no longer in existence. But recently, they started where you could pay X amount of money to get a discount and get part of your money back a year after you reach your goal. Since they brought that discount program back, they would have allowed anybody who has previously been on it to be grandfathered in. It was a positive experience and if you work the plan, it works. I also like the personal interaction.

Hi Gail,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear about your positive experience with Jenny Craig and how your Consultant helped and encouraged you. We're happy to continue to help you meet your goals!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 21, 2018

3 wks into the program and $800 invested...I bit into a breakfast sandwich and a long black hair came out of the egg!!?? I was totally disgusted! If it could happen to one of their foods it could happen to many more. Whose head did it come from? Do they have any diseases? Something like this should “NEVER” happen. I contacted Jenny Craig Corp. and PR. Their response was a pro forma apology and an offer to replace the food item. Are they crazy? The thought of biting into any of their food makes me want to vomit! I replied that this was not a satisfactory response and they should ensure the public was aware of the possibility of finding foreign objects in their food. I got no response.

I then sent email requesting a full refund of my investment into their program since at no fault of mine I was unable to eat their food. A week later I got a special delivery from UPS. Inside was another pro forma letter stating Jenny Craig meets food quality standards. If finding “THINGS” in your food is standard...this tells me they have had this complaint many, many times! Please be aware that if you purchase food from Jenny Craig it is standard to find things in their food...hair, fingernails, flies and anything else that may just end up in their packaging! Very poor customer service. My serious concern was dealt with by a pro forma letter.

Hi Sherry,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Food quality is extremely important to us, and we want to make sure your concerns are addressed. We have researched your account and found this is still an open investigation at this time, and we're pending a response from a request we mailed to you. We will have a Manager reach out to you to go over the next steps with you.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The simplicity of the Jenny Craig program appealed to me. I have been on and off of it for about six years. Their personal consultant has always been very good and very easy to deal with no judgments. We go in and talk about how the week went and we weigh in. Then, we talk about both for the next week and go through the menu and a way to go. They have four different menus. The quality of the meals is very good and some are better than others. Still, when I'm on the program, I've had very good results. I recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Debby,

Thank you for recommending Jenny Craig! It's great to hear about how your Consultant has helped you stay on track and overcome challenges. We're happy to continue to help you meet your goals!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I've been on every program there was and Jenny Craig was one of those left that I had not tried. I felt that it was a really affordable down payment option, since the other programs cost thousands of dollars to join. But the weekly food with Jenny Craig ends up being expensive so that’s the Catch-22. The food was delicious although some were better than the others. The frozen food was much more endurable than the pantry items. There were some things that you microwave, like the pot roast, and I didn't find them as enjoyable.

For the frozen foods and the cinnamon rolls, the recipes improved but some other things went downhill. They changed the pizza and the blueberry pancakes and they were not as good. On the other hand, they bring out new foods periodically and that is very important for a program like that. It was a very positive thing for me as the food gets tired after being on the same thing. The kept introducing new things, like the pumpkin muffins. I’m a pumpkin junkie and I was like, “Oh my God! They have pumpkin.”

But with anybody who has a weight problem, it is not because they like food. That's a lie. In my case, there were a lot of emotional things that trigger food interaction and it was a very real situation. So giving somebody food is not enough. But Jenny Craig’s appointment windows went from 20 minutes to 15 now and that is a mistake they're making. People need more time. Some are flying high and they don't need it but when you have something real going on, to put everybody in the same boat of a 15-minute window is not realistic. Sometimes it's also hard to get an appointment that’s desirable. When someone has a weight problem, you gotta get in when you can get in.

But overall, Jenny Craig was good and I've recommended some people to go there. The people who work there are always very polite and professional. I had the best leader over at the center and Jillian was really what kept me going back. They tried to stick me with other people and the other girls were nice but Jillian was the best. She knew about the program and was very professional. She was wonderful. I was back and forth the program quite a few times in a period of one year and a half and it worked for me when I worked 12-hour days. But I ended up getting involved in a serious relationship and he didn’t have a weight problem. It was very difficult to date and interact, and be on Jenny Craig. My leader was supportive of what other options I could do to substitute but it got very hard and expensive to have this type of program and also have to cook meals for somebody else.

Hi Jenn,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear about the great experience you had with Jillian. Our Consultations in our Centers are currently 20 minutes; we agree they are very important and want to connect with you during every consultation.

Thank you again and have a great week,

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

The Jenny Craig system combines nutrition and physical activity with counseling, to help clients change both their lifestyles and eating habits. The program guarantees results.

• How does the Jenny Craig program work?: The goal of the Jenny Craig program is for clients to reach their desired weight levels and no longer be reliant on the program's prepackaged foods, planned menus, or consultations to maintain a healthy lifestyle. To use Jenny Craig's system, clients pay a monthly fee to be assigned a personal consultant to help them create a personalized weight loss plan. Clients then purchase pre-packaged food items from over 100 menu options, eating five Jenny Craig meals or snacks a day and one snack from a list of approved options. The meals can be purchased at local Jenny Craig retail centers or online.

• Consultation: The program offers a weekly consultant for accountability and compliance. Every week your counselor will discuss your past week's results, create an activity plan to help meet your goals, plan for upcoming events like parties or dining out, and help you choose your Jenny Craig meals for the upcoming week.

• No guesswork: Pre-packaged meals and snacks take the guesswork out of fat loss. Anyone who wants everything “spelled out” without any measuring, counting, or other sorting will appreciate this plan.

• Carbohydrates: This diet might be best for those who are not concerned about following a low-carbohydrate diet. Some of the snacks and meals are high in carbohydrates and low in fiber, potentially triggering cravings, hunger, and weight loss resistance especially in people with blood sugar issues.

• Ingredients: Many of the snacks and meals contain ingredients some dieters avoid, including enriched flour, sugar, non-fat milk, corn syrup, soybean oil, margarine and maltodextrin. While some dieters will want to avoid Jenny Craig's foods because of this, others will find the familiar ingredients and flavors help them stick to the diet over time.

• Flexibility: A choice of on-site or at-home consultation options allows the customer flexibility. Some people work better face-to-face with a counselor, while others prefer to chat online or via teleconference in the privacy and comfort of their own homes.

• Best for: seniors, college students, new moms, people with diabetes, busy adults and former athletes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information