Call toll free
4.13/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
View More View More

255 Jenny Craig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I did Jenny about 2 years ago and lost 60 pounds. I looked and felt fabulous. The center I went to kept changing my counselors but I loved it. However, I was never put on maintenance. I also after gaining back 35 pounds was told I should take a before picture. I got very insulted because no one ever took a before. I had to email them a picture on my phone and no one ever promoted me after. Now I gained back some and I didn't look good? I was very insulted. That was all it took! I also had no time to go to the counselors and was busy with work and I asked can I just get food and they said no.

I didn't want to go back to the center because I didn't want someone again to tell me I should take a before picture. I also no time to go to a center. I work full time, etc. I asked if I could just order food and not go to center, I knew what to do. Then I got an email about Jenny Anywhere. The center I went to never told me and- I have a great counselor that doesn't take up time on the phone and since I started last Tue I am down 5.5 pounds in 5 days! Totally motivated again and am happy I can just talk to the counselor when I need to and order the food.

Thanks Jenny for Jenny Anywhere but I will never go back to the centers. I was also was annoyed because the mgr lost all my measurements and I had lost 15 inches on my chest, stomach and waist with no proof afterwards. Very annoying. I think I will be able to take it off again and then go on maintenance. I don't need to go to a center and if I gain it back have someone tell me I should take a before picture. I like how the online counselor takes very little of my time.

Hi M. Myers,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the experience you had in Center. We'll make to escalate your feedback to a Manager, someone will be in contact with you soon.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I started with Jenny Craig 20 years ago, but I considered myself a Jenny Craig dropout. One of my coworkers had started it, and I kept asking her if they still had certain foods and I kept looking at her packages. She told me I might as well go back, and I did. My personal consultant has changed. The one that I had that I connected really well with quit. But I love everyone there. They're great.

I like the new foods that Jenny Craig comes out with, and I think they should come out with new foods every month. I was always cooking something different all the time. There are some things that I don’t like, but I will eat them if I absolutely have to. There hasn’t been anything that I've totally turned my nose up at. My favorite is the turkey sausage and egg burrito. We just came back from a cruise, and they had a burrito bar out there that made breakfast burritos and the one from Jenny Craig is better. Also, I haven't had a problem with the quality of the meals. If I open something that’s stale, I just bring it back, and it gets replaced without a question or problem. Jenny Craig helped bring out my adventurous side because I no longer have to worry about weight restrictions with things. I have recommended Jenny Craig to a couple of people.

Hi Roeshell,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you had a great experience when you came back!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our food, I will be sure to share it with our internal teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was on Jenny Craig a couple of years ago and this time around I've enjoyed it and stuck to it. I look forward to my calls with Jessica. She helps me set goals. I was not losing weight for a couple months but she didn't want to come out rude, which I appreciate. She said, "Okay, let's talk about why we're not reaching it and what you might be overlooking." She keeps me focused and I appreciate that.

I also like 98% of their food. I love the menu plan. I like the preset one, because then I don't have to think about making my own plan. That's probably the lazy way out but to me that works. I like the meatloaf and the Beef Merlot. I like the fish but they don't have a lot of fish so I wish they had more fish. I like the tuna and the chicken salad, because if I have an outing and I'm not sure what to do, I can take that with me. The baked potato is also good. The chicken barbecue one is probably my least favorite. I also can't have chocolate and over 50% of their desserts are chocolate. So I get stuck eating a lot of the same desserts and same snacks a lot of the time. But I'm pretty happy right now. I started out at 205 and I'm down to 170. I'm tickled. I'm in a good place and I would recommend them.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear you have a great connection with Jessica and you are absolutely right, our Consultants give coaching and accountability to achieve results greater than you thought were possible!

The Fish and Chips is one of our favorites too, I would be happy to forward this to our Food Development teams to see if we could add more fish to our menus.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

In a real world of healthy eating you are never going to eat a cinnamon roll or chocolate muffin for breakfast. We are told over and over again quality food choice per calories eaten vs empty calories. I'm 60 yrs old and active. I could lose 30 lbs to be happy. When they put that ridiculous menu in front of me I gasped. "What? I'd never eat that!" Why are they focused on junk food? Aren't they wanting to set you up to eat healthy food? You start your day eating a cinnamon roll then end it with Chocolate Lava Cake? I told my rep there is no way I'm eating this stuff.

If I'm doing this diet I don't want all the junk food bars and cakes and muffins. Once in a while is ok but not every day. We modified my menu to be healthier for me. It is outrageously expensive to get itty bitty portions and then empty sugar-laden calories to boot. We will see how this works out. I see it being successful only because I put my foot down on the junk food they offered me, I'm eating very small portions, their meals and I'm going to be drinking a lot of water. I'll report back after 1 month.

Hi Konvicka,

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to Jenny Craig!

The Jenny Craig Program offers a comprehensive approach to healthy weight management. Our menus are developed by registered dietitians and provide the daily nutriance needed to promote healthy weight loss. They include pre-portioned Jenny Craig meals/snacks along with added vegetables, fruits, low-fat milk products, lean proteins, and unsaturated fats.

Our menu provides variety while helping clients learn correct portion control. If you have any questions about your menu your Consultant would be happy to help or you can call our support team at 1-800-536-6922. We're excited to hear about your results in the future.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have a wonderful experience every time with Jenny Craig. I’m at a maintenance level now, so I go monthly and check-in with my personal consultant. The program has taught me how to eat properly, what I need to eat, and how to snack right. Also, I really like the menu plan, although there are some things I’m not too much of a fan. I like the pepperoni pizza and the fish and chips. Overall, their food is a lot better than Nutrisystem. I tried Nutrisystem before and I didn’t like it. On the other hand, the quality of the meals I’ve purchased from Jenny Craig has been great, although it would be good if there was a maintenance on how to do it on your own because I keep going back and forth. Every time I gain weight, I’m thinking that I gotta go back. I wish there was an app or a real-world experience because we can’t live in Jenny Craig world.

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on reaching your goal! You are absolutely correct, our Consultants help you overcome unhealthy eating habits so that you can eventually do this on your own.

We do offer a maintenance program, your Consultant will help you with the knowledge of how to build healthy meals while mixing in Jenny Craig food so you can maintain your weight.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My wife was on Jenny Craig many years ago and when I started with them two years ago, I was consciously optimistic. My personal consultant is very pleasant and encouraging. She tries hard, and mostly succeeds, at not using shame or guilt, which is important. She uses positive motivation and this time around, I have lost 40 pounds. I was really close to my goal too. But then we had a tragedy in the family and that messed everything up for a couple of weeks. It would be nice to have a few more choices on the menu though. We've been doing the program for more than five months so we've been through everything multiple times. They are also getting rid of some things like the steak which we really like. So that's disappointing. Still, the menu plan is pretty good. Jenny Craig is a very good and effective program if you can afford it.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your review and congrats on the 40 lbs weight loss! You are right, it is important to have a Consultant who is motivating and positive throughout your journey.

Thank you for your feedback, at times an item may be discontinued to make way for new ones.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I first used Jenny Craig 20 some years ago, when I was 34 years old. Now that my life was not as stressful and busy, I'm ready to get back in it. I started with them again last April. I understood how the program works and I knew it would work for me. If people stick to their plan, it'll work for them but they've got to exercise along with it and not just stuck on their food. I lost 25 pounds since April and I was really happy with it. I really liked my consultant Dianne. I had about two weeks of food left and I said I don’t wanna get any more yet. She had cut me off pretty quick and she said that if I decided that I wanted to get back, I could contact her. Also, there were some things that I tried for the first time but I don’t want them again like the mono cheese and ravioli. I've made a list that two days ago of stuff that I'm ready to get back again and a list of things that I wanna substitute on the meal plans.

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for your review. Congrats on the 25 lbs loss, we are so glad to hear you had great success! Your Consultant will definitely be able to work with your requested menu substitutions to ensure they don’t impact the integrity of your menu.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I started Jenny Craig back in 2008 and I heard about them through a friend. I've been using them on and off and their program was easier. I didn’t have to weigh my food or count my points. Everything was done for me and all I do is heat up my food and eat it. And the food is really good. The egg omelet and the pancakes were my favorite breakfast and the hamburger or cheeseburger was my favorite dinner. My experience has always been good with Jenny Craig. It works for me and it has always been really easy to do.

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you had such a positive experience. You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we make it easy to follow. The meals are prepared for you and you don't have to count calories or points!

Thank you again and have a great day.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I reached the weight that I've never reached before. I've always been heavy all my life on and off. So this time, I reached 236, which was very upsetting to me, of course. I never reached that far. I was always like 205 or 210 back and forth. I went to the Granada Hills Health Center right next to my house. I thought that was very convenient. I used to go to the Culver City branch because it was next to my work.

I met with the first consultant, but she told me right away that she was leaving for the next three months. So she wasn’t my consultant after two weeks. I was being bounced around from different consultants until I finally got one. Basically, I knew the program, but they told me about the new program and the rapid results. I was hesitant to try it at first but then I tried it.

Dianne, my consultant, is great. She always asks me about how my week went, and I tell her. Of course, if there are negatives, she gives me some kind of guidance for the following week what to do and what not to do. Also, the meals are great. They're very satisfying. The one complaint that I wanna say though is that the amounts of money that I pay each week is too expensive. I know that should break it down per meal. Everybody eats outside. Again, I think it could be a little bit more cost-effective for the members.

When it comes to food, I don’t like any of the beef. I'm not a big beef eater. There are beef and potatoes. But the cheeseburger is obviously nice. I'm also not a big fan of their steak and meatloaf. When I do get them, I would cringe when I'm about to eat it. I eat meat. I just don’t like it and the taste is not that great either. So I prefer the chicken and the turkey. I also wish that if the food has been refrigerated and not opened, the option to exchange it back for something else would be a good cost. It'd be cheaper for that week that I didn’t purchase all the meals. Just more of a discount program also like once you pass a certain weight. They used to have that program and it was nice.

Hi Marian,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that Dianne is there to support you throughout your weight loss journey.

I suggest speaking with your Center about pricing, they can certainly work with you to help create a solution that works best for you and your budget.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Jenny Craig has always worked for me so I’m a very big fan. I did it 10 years ago after I had my first kid. I’ve reached my goal but I still weigh in every couple of times a month and it has been good. I like my personal consultant, Janelle. She’s at the Palos Verdes location. She is great and is really supportive. The food is really good as well and they give a good selection to pick from too.

Hi Brittani,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear about your relationship with, Janelle. We look forward to helping you maintain your goal.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I just found by accident that there was a Jenny Craig not too far from where I live. Between the ad and then seeing that it was right there I was off and running, and it's the best decision I made. If someone is struggling, they are out of their minds not to pick up that phone and make an appointment with Jenny Craig. The two women that I dealt with there, Fran and Katherine, are so friendly and so welcoming, and I love them. I was so hesitant but from the moment I walked in the door and met these people, they treated me like they've known me forever. Right away I felt at home and they were very supportive. They understood my problem and I was up and running

My personal consultant, Katherine, is phenomenal. We talk about pitfalls and what to avoid. The last couple of weeks have been some kind of a plateau and I told her I'm not giving up and we'll work through it. What's nice about Jenny Craig is it's got people involved that have been through what you're going through so they kinda come back and explain to you really well. Whereas with other programs, you're not dealing with anybody -- you've got a 1800 number. With Jenny Craig, I have the encouragement every week losing weight. They ask me not to get disappointed if it wasn't as strong as I thought I was gonna be.

Also I don't wanna be in a center where everybody coming in is 18 years old. With Jenny Craig we've got men that come in to the center where I go. It's all ages, all shapes and sizes, and very respectful of everybody who gets in there. It's a great little spot. I have been happy with the place, the convenience and the food. I've been on a history of diets my entire life. I tried another diet program and I had to send them all back the food. It was inedible. But with Jenny Craig the food is absolutely delicious. I could live on this food the rest of my life. It's so good. I've lost around 25 pounds since I started the program. I started to get back my confidence. I'm feeling better about myself and as a result I'm feeling better about everybody around me. I'm liking the compliments I'm getting and my son told me how proud he is of me. My husband is also so supportive. He drives me to and from Jenny Craig every week to try again and said I'm doing great.

Right now, I'm on the express program. The menu is laid out for me and I follow. Probably, the only thing I dislike is the emphasis on some of the Mexican stuff, which I'm not a big fan of. But even then, you tell them what you like and what you don't like, and they work with your menu to give you substitutions. I come out of there and I'm all set for the week. The program is expensive, but for me, having tried out the things between gym memberships and other programs, this just works. It's worth every cent for me to get to where I wanna be.

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for your review and congrats on the 25 lbs loss so far! We are so glad you have great support from your Center and from your family to achieve your weight loss goals. You are absolutely right, with our program you are given everything you need to lose the weight.

Thank you for your review and have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I wanted guidance and a place to start and I felt that Jenny Craig was more structured and organized than me trying to do a weight loss program by myself. They had a Lifetime Program 12 years ago and that was when I first did it. It was great and very helpful and I had a really good adviser. Then recently, I went back because after I had my son, I struggled. We tried to lose those last pesky 20 pounds. I work and I kinda switch days around. I work with the same person and she has been very encouraging and supportive. Also, I see the two ladies that are in the Manchester office and they're equally nice and supportive.

However, there's a little bit of an issue with the time management. Most of the time, I don't get seen until 30 minutes after my appointment. They're so nice that they're trying to be flexible with taking people that walk in but then, it just affects the people that have appointments. Also, before, I could go and buy stuff online. If I wanted to, I could get the Anytime Bars or the dressings and stuff for when I travel. However, since they updated the website, I can't seem to find out how to buy those things that I used to get before and I cannot just go and buy two or three things.

The results are great and I'm at the weight that I wanted to be. I mentioned it to them and I wanted to end the program. I got done with the program before and I know how to maintain. I lost 120 pounds when I first did it and I kept them off for eight years until I got pregnant. I tried to tell them that I wanted to close it right now as it is, but it was not done. I'm planning to go and tell them I'm done but it's very hard for me as I don't live very close to the center. Other than that, their meals were all delicious and the program makes it very easy for people to learn because I think it's a learning experience. It's not something that you just buy the food, eat, and then you stop eating, and then you gain the weight again. I recommend Jenny Craig to everybody.

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your review. We're so glad we have been able to help you meet your goals. We're sorry to hear you have had to wait during your appointment times, we'll make sure to address this with our Management Team. If you ever needed to order extra Essential Bars or Jenny Craig Dressings, your Consultant would be more than happy to help you with that in Center, that way you also avoid a shipping charge.

Thank you again for your review and have a great day!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had gained 30 pounds since I got on my Master's and I was unhealthy. I was staying up until 4:00 in the morning and I went to work. I had to get my body back. I needed to sleep regularly and get some balance. A friend of mine told me about Jenny Craig but I've forgotten that I was already a member so I got that discount. I used the program to where I was gonna show up a little bit and keep myself accountable and make it exciting. I like their emphasis on balancing. I was able to eat a perfect lunch and dinner. At times, I had hours and hours in between eating so, with the emphasis on the sleep time too and how many hours you have in between, that was good. I also never eat breakfast before and it helped me calibrate a little bit more.

I didn't just wanna lose weight. I was trying to take the program with drinking a lot of water and exercise to get rid of all my wrinkles and the saggy stuff. The food was really interesting because I would savor the food and make it count. It was a really good experience because generally, I didn't expect the food to be decent at all. It was balanced and I liked it. The burger and the chicken are my favorites. I also loved the fajita bowls and the enchilada bowl.

Jenny Craig has been fantastic and I've lost 35 pounds. However, I miss my girl, Crystal. I went through this journey with her but one day I came back, and she was gone. She was no hassle and we would just laugh. She didn't drive me crazy with the goals. Also, I haven't gone in a couple of weeks and I kinda needed a break. I've been meaning to go back but I've been super busy with a lawsuit thing. Other than that, I love the program and it's really healthy. I would also keep going back to Jenny Craig as I wanted to win their contest and I have submitted my stuff. I love the program in my life. People think it's expensive, but it's not. For me, it was like, "Wow! I treat myself like a queen having these great meals three times a day." Jenny Craig is fantastic!

Hi Ann!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We love that you treated yourself like a Queen, that is a great mentality to have! You're right, Jenny Craig helps you balance it all while eating great food. Congrats on the 35lbs you lost!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I joined Jenny Craig years ago and I just went back this year. I really liked their food and I had good results the first time around. I also tried a couple of things in between that worked then didn't. The quality of the food is great and I look forward to my desserts all the time. There are a couple of food that I tried that I really liked but I don't like pumpkin. I was entitled to the discounts in the beginning, but I could never get them because there are certain foods that I can't eat. I can do spicy, but I can't do the Mexican or Southwestern flavor. Beans are also terrible. I had to pick my food, so I never was eligible for discounts. I feel like I lost out on the discount, which was kinda crappy because I was buying it all, but I wasn't picking a full day because there were too many things that I really can't eat.

When I first went back to Jenny Craig, my experience talking to them was great. I loved the Burlington office and my interactions with my personal consultant were excellent. She was great. I went years ago and I had a very good experience in my own doing. I lost the weight, but I stopped going. I started going back after that, but something didn't click with the person I had. Then I lost interest and stopped going. I went back this time and talked to a woman. I needed someone that would go in and be excited about how I did in the past week. When I'd go and think it was going to be bad, I'd find out that it would be good and she was very excited for me. Also, I didn't want to be lectured and they had done that.

I've been going weekly now and my visits are still great. I've also lost 36 since rejoining. I was on vacation last week, so I skipped a week, but I'll be going back tomorrow. I stocked up on the food the week before and I asked her if I could start going every other week. She told me to hold off a little longer and I said that was fine and that it doesn't bother me. I enjoy seeing her and she gets excited when I come in. She is more of a friend to me.

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats on the 36 lbs loss so far! We are so glad to hear that you have a good connection with your Consultant. We also understand you may not like every meal, that is why we do allow member to order Planned Days. With Planned Days you can select 7 days you do like to build your menu, just ask your Consultant at your next visit.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was a client of Jenny Craig back in the early 90s when I was in the army and I was really successful. Now, I'm older and retired, I know that this is the program that I need to go to. I needed to lose weight. I found their local office and went there. I had a very casual and very comfortable interaction with them. I went in, weighed and everything went great. I was in and out quickly. Also, they are open really early so I can get my food out of the way first thing in the morning and then get on with everything else.

I love their food. There are a good variety and a lot of new stuff since the first time I used it way back. And if there is something that I don't like, I can swap it out. My consultant immediately has a little list and she tells me that we can swap it out with another. It's fantastic. I love the pancakes and sausage for breakfast. I also love the cereal and the pizza is great too. Pizza night has always been Friday for me so I make sure that I eat that on Friday. The only thing though that I could not tolerate is the tuna and dill and I usually swap it out for the chicken salad and everything is fine. The meals’ quality is as good as anything that I would buy at the grocery and it's better than any other smart ones or anything else I've bought at the grocery. It is great for me because it is already prepackaged and pre-done. The flavor is good as well and I love it.

I like the addition of the shakes so that I don't have to eat yogurt every day for my dairy because I'm not a milk drinker. When I first started, I did the basic plan and didn't do the shakes but when I tried them, it was fantastic. I also love the pre-portioned vegetable on the side, like the broccoli and cheese, so that I don't always have to be eating a salad or steaming up a bag of vegetables.

I started the program at the end of April and I have lost 25 pounds and a lot of inches. I'm almost at my goal weight. I have four pounds to go and I don't want to get off because the food is so good. I have to maintain and do stuff for myself during the week. I get up at 5:00 am and I don’t go home until 7:30 pm. I go to bed fairly early and I don’t want to come home and cook. So, Jenny Craig is perfect for me right now and since it is almost over, I’m savoring every meal that I have. I love Jenny Craig and I have recommended it to a friend.

Hi Julie!

Congrats on being so close to your goal, we're so happy for you! We are always testing new items to keep that variety of different items that you love. The vegetable sides are our favorite too, it's easy to have so much variety while on Jenny Craig, thanks again for sharing how you make that happen.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I was in college when I went on a Jenny Craig program for the first time. I've heard about Jenny Craig through a friend and whenever I needed to lose weight, I would just come back around and do their program again. My interactions with their reps most recently have been really good. I went on the Rapid Results back in April and I lost 17 pounds. I stopped about a month ago though and I wasn’t quite halfway done. I couldn’t keep eating out of boxes and I just needed a little break. But I’m gonna finish at some point. I’ve wanted to step myself up, so I was trying to maintain on my own until then.

I love the new Rapid Results program. I stayed on the program 100% and I had better results this time. Even if I didn’t like something, I still ate it as it was perfectly balanced for that day and there was a reason it was on the menu. But years ago when I was on the Rapid Results program, they’d hand me a menu and ask if there was something that I didn't like and that I wanted to have a substitute for. I did a lot of substitutions which screwed up the menu. So when I came back this time, I gave them that feedback and they agreed with me. Now they're starting to clamp down on substitutions and they’ve been telling people too. Overall, Jenny Craig's menu plan is really good. If you follow it, it works. That’s why I always keep coming back. I’ve tried a lot of diets and Jenny Craig has the best food.

Hi Kelley,

Thank your review! We're happy you loved Rapid Results, 17 lbs lost is so great! You're absolutely correct, our menus are nutritionally designed to help clients maximize their weight loss. Substitutions really affect the integrity of the menu; which impacts a clients results. We're happy you took note of that and made those corrections coming back. Whenever you're ready to get restarted give us a call, we're happy to help you get back on track. 1-866-706-4042.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have used Jenny Craig's program before and this is my third time that I went through it. I just made the decision just to go with it and I felt I would be comfortable with it and I'm glad I did. The menu plan was good and I like that every two or three months, they came out with a new menu item, which was really, really nice and something to try. What was great about it was that they have a great selection of all the different foods whether from breakfast, lunch or dinner and they were always trying to update. It was nice being part of that because you get exposed to some new foods and it's nice.

The last consultant I’ve been working with, Shannon, has been really good for me. She helped me a lot and she was good in guidance. I went through the program over six months. I'm 75 years old and it has been a great experience. I'm just about finishing up now. I made my goal, so I'm just trying to stay on track. I've lost over 60 pounds, so I was very, very happy. I've always been very comfortable with Jenny Craig. I've met my goals each time. I've always told all the people that I've talked with or have asked me about it that it has been wonderful for me and a lot of people heeded my advice and went that way too.

Hi Albert,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience and congrats on reaching your goal! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the menu and Shannon was there to support you throughout your journey.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I had done Weight Watchers and had become a lifetime member but I gained the weight back. I started with Jenny Craig about 14 years ago, had made really great progress and lost the first half of my weight rather quickly. I thought that I got this. I went off but then I came back. I’m so grateful that they do that annual fee that kept me in it so that even if I wasn’t consistently going, I knew I could always return to Jenny. That was a big plus. I also love that I just pay $69 a year, and because I did that, I was always grandfathered in. And since I did lose my weight, I now get 35% off my meals. It's awesome.

At one point, I actually talked my husband into joining with me because I thought that would motivate me to lose the weight. But of course, as men do, he made his goal weight rather quickly and he’s been maintaining it for years now. I, on the other hand, still hadn't gotten to my goal weight. Then my mom passed away and I thought, “You know what? I’m gonna do this. I am going to get to that goal weight. My health, that’s what matters. That’s what’s important.” And I did. I got to my goal weight and I did fairly well.

The summer months have been bad though. I just checked in and I’m one pound over. But I’m back on track and doing a full week of just Jenny. I’m determined to get right back to that goal weight and maintain. The people at Jenny Craig are all wonderful too. There were one or two that I wasn’t jelling with so I would just go to people that I felt more in sync with. And Becky, the manager, was really understanding

Jenny Craig also gives me good meal options although they can be better. I would love to see more organic options, especially when it comes to chicken or beef. I’d rather eat free-range chicken or grass-fed beef, and I would be willing to pay the extra, knowing that what I’m putting in my body is healthier. I don’t know where their beef comes from and that's why I tend to shy away from most of the beef meals. I wanna know that it comes from the USA. It would make me more apt to choose more beef products if I knew that. Even if you go to the grocery store, it might say grass-fed on the beef but some will say USA and others will say Uruguay. And I don’t want beef from Uruguay.

I would prefer more plant-based menus too, or more non-meat options. If I can get more non-meat options, I tend to do that more often than not, like meatless chili. Jenny Craig does a great turkey chili and they can just remove the turkey and put in more beans. Those are easier things so that they might reach a bigger market of people who are more conscious about that.

Hi Joanna,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad you and your husband were able to reach your weight loss goals!

I will be sure to pass your suggestions to our Food Development team.

Thank you for your review and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was on Jenny Craig a long time ago, and lost all my targeted weight and kept it off for two years. It's been a long time and I need to lose some weight again, so I decided to go back. Some of my old favorite recipes (the Chicken Fettuccine for example, which was one of the things that kept me on the program last time) has been changed and is really not at all as good as their old version. I had hoped to be able to stay on the program, but I'm not sure yet. Many old favorites (Chicken Fajita) are gone. So far the new food I've tried is o.k., but I really miss the old, good recipes.

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your feedback. To keep our menu full of variety at times we do change items or introduce new items. The variety helps our members stay on Program without getting bored since there are so many different items! We'll sure you'll love some of our new items, make sure to give them a try!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My daughter was in high school and she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She was very upset, and she started gaining weight because it was very difficult. She was very conscious of herself in high school. My daughter joined the Weight Watchers and then she said she wanted to join the Jenny Craig program. I asked her if she's sure because she was very young then. She said it will be planned and they have food. So I said okay. Luckily, I can afford it. So she made an appointment. Then she became a lifetime member. She got so many gadgets. She got a $300 scale and bag. She was very happy with the plan.

I have reached 55 and when you get into menopause, you gain weight. So I thought maybe I will also try the program so I went to Jenny Craig. I bought the food and it works. I enjoyed their pizzas, lasagnas, and popcorn. I like their breakfast with the coffee. And now, there are muffins. I don’t like mostly pork and the beef. I like to have chicken dishes or vegetarian. Also, Weight Watchers was very difficult for me and Jenny Craig was easy. The interactions with them were very good as well. They're all good people. The menu was also okay. Now, they have a different one. They are advertising that 16-pound in four weeks and that you have to have fasting for 12 hours. I was losing 2.5. That was normal for me. I have a thyroid problem as well.

The program with Jenny Craig has been very good and the people are very nice. You go there, they greet you, and all the people who works there all listen to list your request. I have been dealing with them for 15 years off and on. I have also recommended Jenny Craig to one of my friends. She's 58 and she lost 15 pounds. She's a physician too. She said she was on a diet. And the hospital have their nutrition thing, but she was not doing well. I told her that if she doesn’t have time to cook, she should go and buy the food from Jenny Craig. And she loved it. First, she joined Nutrisystem. The food was not good. Nutrisystem sent dry food for three months. So she's very happy with Jenny Craig, and I'm very happy too. I always recommend to people that if they need to lose weight, go to Jenny Craig.

Hi Nighat,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad you, your daughter, and your friend saw great results. You are right, we make our program so easy to follow so you can start losing weight as soon as possible!

Thank you for your review and have a great day.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I went to Jenny Craig when it was set up a little bit differently. I had a good six months of their program back then, but it was a little hard to hang on to the calorie content and everything was a little short. Last year, I hurt my back and I wasn’t able to exercise. I stopped going to Jenny Craig and I told my consultant, Kelly, that I was in too much pain and I couldn't do the program. But I told her that I would try to keep my weight down. When I finally had my little procedure and everything to get me back on my feet, I gained seven pounds back, though it wasn't really bad. Then I called Kelly up and told her I was coming back. At that time, I lost about 14 pounds and gained a few back. Then early this year, I went back and lost another 16. So, I’m still not at my goal, but right now, I’m under a maintenance program where I go see Kelly once a month and get weighed, so that way it keeps me on task.

I always find myself going back to Jenny Craig and this is my fourth visit back. My body responds to their program and it has been very successful for me. Plus, their food is very good and the menu plan teaches you how to eat in moderation and you don’t have to starve to death. I’m sure I could buy very comparable and a lot cheaper meals from other companies, but Jenny Craig's menu plan works, so why try to fix something that isn’t broken. I also follow the plan to the tee. I’m there for a reason, which is to lose a few more pounds, and I don’t usually go off of the menu. But if there is something that I don’t like, I tell Kelly that I won’t eat that, so I need to exchange it for something else and there is never a problem.

I like Kelly. She is very good and she knows that I’m there to get the job done. She knows that the program is gonna be successful and she encourages me that way. I don’t really need a lot of encouragement and I’m my own best critic. And if I get to the point where I feel that my body has responded to pretty much the way it was gonna be, I try a couple of different ways to go and Kelly helps me with that. If it works, that is good. If it doesn’t, we try something different. And sometimes, I’ll rearrange a menu or if I feel myself getting a little bit bored, I'll change things up. When I tell Kelly about it, she just goes with the flow and is not pushy. I keep a journal, too, so I always tell Kelly what I’ve been doing for the week.

Before, Jenny Craig had meetings and I went to a few of them when I first started. But after a while, I told my consultant that I wasn't going to them anymore because the people there truly depressed me and didn't motivate me. They were there to fool themselves and they thought that by eating a little bit, they could have a piece of cake everyday. They always had an excuse why they didn't lose weight and they didn't understand that going into the program requires total devotion.

As time has changed, the meetings were kind of put on the wayside. In fact, there were a lot of things that Jenny Craig changed. Back then, the program was a little harder because the calorie count was very low. When I first started it was 950 calories and that was almost a starvation diet. But I lost 30 pounds and it was fun to lose the weight, though it didn’t really teach you how to stick to it and eat because the menu was a lot different. Now, the menu plan is so easy to follow.

They got quite a bit of food and I like the flexibility. I bought a lot of pasta and grilled chicken sandwiches from them. They also got cheeseburgers and pretty much everything that you would ordinarily go to eat at a fast food. But their stuff is grilled and served in smaller portions. I love the turkey burger, too, and I could eat those every day. These days, there are so many programs that have a lot of shakes and boxed food. I also tried Nutrisystem and they had a lot of soups and smoothies but they didn't satisfy me. It was easy to sit down, make a little salad or have an extra bowl of some vegetables along with your meal and by the time you get done with that, you’re definitely full. But that is not the case with Jenny Craig.

If you wanna get healthy, you need to go to them. But going into the program is a commitment and you really got to be ready to do it. You’ve got to be realistic, too. If you’re not, then it’s not gonna work. You will struggle but unless you don’t like eating, maybe it is not what you need. Also, getting into their program is a little bit costly, so a lot of people can’t take advantage of that. But you can’t put a price tag on our health. If it is something that is gonna help you reach your goal, then you gotta bite the bullet. I tell people that if you’re gonna spend that much money, you’ve got to be ready to do the program.

So when I’m sitting in the waiting room to see Kelly and somebody new would ask me how the program works for me, I would tell them that I lost about 20 something pounds and that they just had to stick to the menu, learn what they can add and change things up. I also tell them that they've got to eat all of the food and not not eat. When my husband went on with me and being the male, they gave him a few extra hundred calories. Within a couple of weeks when he went back, he told them that he couldn't eat all of the food and they had to drop some of them. And he lost 15 pounds within a few weeks, so it worked for him, too and he is a believer.

For me, Jenny Craig has always been a godsend. If I gain 10 or 15 pounds back, I can always go back there and within a few weeks, lose the weight because their program puts me back on track. And I’ve appreciated them being there and letting me come back. So far, my friends see Jenny Craig's effect on me and my appearance and weight loss sells the program to them. They are amazed at how easy the weight comes off me.

Hi Geri,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience. You are well versed on what needs to be done to see success while on Jenny Craig; sticking to the plan as designed. We love to hear about the relationship you have with Kelly and how she has been there to support you throughout your Journey. We're happy to continue to help you meet your goals and live a healthier life.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had been on the Jenny Craig program three times before. Then, I had weight loss surgery and after that, I was not watching what I was eating so I went on Jenny Craig again. I started the diet in September last year and I have been on it over a year now. I have never cheated and have lost 57 pounds. I have a really good personal consultant and we talk about a bit about maintenance as I do not know whether I wanna lose more than I already have or not. He has been at the weight loss center for a while and my experience with him has been good this time.

My attitude has changed and I feel better since starting with Jenny Craig. I also go to Curves at least three times a week to go with my eating correctly. I have been on other weight loss programs but Jenny Craig is a lot better. Their food tastes good and I like their meals. There may be some things that I don't particularly care for and we just substitute them for something else. They have been good however, it is one of the expensive programs. That aside, my experience with them has been positive and I thank the good Lord that he gave me this last opportunity to make myself the best that I can be.

Hi Marcie,

Congrats on your 57 lbs lost, that's fantastic! We're so happy you have been able tow work towards your goal with the support of your personal Consultant.

Cheers to a healthier life that you worked so hard for, you should be very proud of yourself!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was on the Jenny Craig program before and I was very successful with it, so I’m a repeat. The interactions with their people were positive and the meal selections were good. The results have been a week off here and there but for the most part, I’ve had great results.

Hi Rachel,

We're happy to hear about your positive experience and the great results you have seen while on Jenny Craig. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My husband and I ordered a month's worth of food from Jenny Craig before meeting with a rep. They said to order the food first, then speak with a rep about our menu plans for each day. Very expensive processed food. I was appalled by what I saw on the labels. Of course you can lose weight because you are only eating 1,000 calories a day for women and 1,500 calories a day for men. Unfortunately, the calories are not from good, natural food. Once you start eating normally, you will put all the weight back on. You can do better doing your own shopping.

They have you eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast - totally empty carbs. Instead have an egg, slice of wheat toast and 1/2 apple. Same calories, but so much better for your health. That will cost you less than $1. Instead, you pay $3 for small unhealthy cinnamon rolls that don't provide any nutritional quality. Chicken in the meals is processed chunks. Who knows what else besides chicken is in those chunks. Compare the Jenny Craig soups with Campbells. You pay 4 times more for Jenny Craig than getting a can of soup at the store.

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Jenny Craig Program offers a comprehensive approach to healthy wight management. The menus are developed by Registered Dietitians and our Science Advisory Board. They range fro 1200-2300 calories a day. Calories are based on an individuals height, weight, and activity level, not gender. The calories include pre-portioned Jenny Craig meals/snacks along with added vegetables, fruits, low-fat milk products, lean proteins, and unsaturated fats. Providing clients with the essential nutriance they need for a day.

We're happy to have a Manager talk with you about your experience and answer any questions you may have. We will private message you for your contact information.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I did Jenny Craig 10 years ago and I have always liked it. I am not a very disciplined person and I hate cooking. Put it in a box, let me put it in the microwave and I will eat it. Jenny Craig had portion control for me. However, I did not stay on it for the entire 10 years and when I realized I needed to go back and lose some weight, I knew Jenny Craig worked for me. I went to their facility and I told them that I need to do the program again so we started right back up as if it was 10 years ago. When I did it on the phone the last time, I kept getting new people all the time which I did not like. I also got the food delivered. But now because I have retired, I go into the facility and I have the same fabulous woman consistently since I started.

Their menu plan is great. It is not fine cuisine but it is edible and I’m fine with it. My all-time favorite is the cheesy potatoes. I would order that in a restaurant. I also love the enchilada bowl and the lava cakes. However, my progress has been slower than I expected. It gets a little slower to lose weight as you get older. But I'd recommend Jenny Craig.Also. It's expensive but not everybody is in a financial position to afford it which is kind of a shame. I wish there was a way to do this where it would be more accessible.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience with us! We're happy to help you meet your goals again. We love hearing about the great relationship you have with your Consultant in Center. For anyone that has financial concerns we offer a variety of menus and programs. If anyone has any questions on the programs we currently offer give us a call at 1-866-706-4042.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I tried Jenny Craig 20 years ago and it worked. I went back and started back up a year ago. I lost 110 pounds and I’m only four pounds away from my goal weight. My personal consultant is the best, the food is good, and I do a lot of exercises which helped. I switch the food up too. If there are some foods I don’t like, then I’ll do a little taper out and find the replacement that I like.

Hi Brian,

Congrats on your weight loss and being so close to your goal! That is fantastic to hear. We love hearing the great feedback about your Consultant!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I’ve been doing Jenny Craig for 30-40 years and I’ve recommended them to people. There wasn’t a whole lot of choices back then when I started with them but I like having things done for me. I don’t like to cook as I’m not a cooker. Since I started back up again, my results have been really well. I’m a smaller person and I weighed 150 when I came in. I don’t get around so much as I have an injury, so it’s very important for me to keep my weight down. I had a really fast weight loss and I'm now 139 when I weighed in. I like most of the food and I like that particularly at this point I choose which days I get the food. Also, while the people at Jenny Craig have tried to extract more information on me than I give them, they are always wonderful.

Hi Kimberly!

Congrats on your weight loss! Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience with us!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Jenny Craig was local and I knew I could get fresh food from them. I didn’t have to count points which was too much work. This is the second time I’ve gone with them, and I lost 50 pounds the first time. My coordinator is great and I love her. We became friends and it’s nice. She gives good advice and if you follow it, you will lose weight. I made my goal last February and I’m just on maintenance now. There are some things I definitely don’t like in the menu, but I like the chicken and mashed potatoes, the Salisbury steak that they have, the hamburgers and the new one that they have out with the enchilada bowl. I have a friend that I recommended Jenny Craig to and she went too, and She has lost weight as well.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for sharing your Jenny Craig experience with us and congrats on your weight loss! We love hearing about the friendship you have made with your Consultant. Congrats to your friend as well on her weight loss, and thank you for the referral!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I don’t doubt this diet works. The counselors I met were extremely nice and did do a follow-up call. The food taste just fine and is portion controlled. However, the cost is prohibitive to me since I am on Social Security. I could not afford to do this long-term enough to lose the weight I need. In addition since I am on a beta blocker, I believe it interferes with the ability to lose weight which seems to be counterproductive.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear about you experience with your Consultant. If you're in the States, make sure to ask your Consultant about our All Access Premium Program that can help you save money each week.

Thank you again and have a great evening,

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I liked that Jenny Craig had meals. Some were frozen and some were not. At the time, my first experience, that was what it was. My more recent one when I’ve gone back, there was the idea of the rapid weight loss program. The personal consultant that I've been working with is very encouraging. He's very gentle. If I have gained weight, he's like, "that happens." He doesn't really push me. When I lose weight, he's very enthusiastic and always willing to talk about things to do that might help with my weight loss. He’s a wonderful salesperson for Jenny Craig. He’s a great guy and it’s hard not to like him. I never feel like I failed with him.

Since using the Jenny Craig program this time around, it's been great. I’ve lost 25 pounds and 17 inches and I’ve maintained it now for three months. So, we go back every week and I weigh in. I also have asthma and my breathing’s gotten better too. My cholesterol’s gone down 50 points as well. So, it’s been fabulous for me, health-wise and self-concept-wise. It’s just wonderful and life-changing.

The menu plan is good. But after a while, it gets boring because I'm eating the same food. There are certain foods that I like and I get them. Breakfast meal’s great and the desserts are fabulous. I’m very happy with the meals that I stick with and I’m able to maintain with those. But there are meals that I really don’t like and sometimes they discontinue meals that I really do like. But I'm successful and once I've hit goal, they’re not as rigid as far as having to follow an exact menu. So, that helps too. People have noticed my results and they ask me. And I will recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Paula,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Congrats on 25 lbs lost and lowering your cholesterol! We're so happy to help you continue to meet your goal!

Jenny Craig expert review by JJ Virgin

The Jenny Craig system combines nutrition and physical activity with counseling, to help clients change both their lifestyles and eating habits. The program guarantees results.

• How does the Jenny Craig program work?: The goal of the Jenny Craig program is for clients to reach their desired weight levels and no longer be reliant on the program's prepackaged foods, planned menus, or consultations to maintain a healthy lifestyle. To use Jenny Craig's system, clients pay a monthly fee to be assigned a personal consultant to help them create a personalized weight loss plan. Clients then purchase pre-packaged food items from over 100 menu options, eating five Jenny Craig meals or snacks a day and one snack from a list of approved options. The meals can be purchased at local Jenny Craig retail centers or online.

• Consultation: The program offers a weekly consultant for accountability and compliance. Every week your counselor will discuss your past week's results, create an activity plan to help meet your goals, plan for upcoming events like parties or dining out, and help you choose your Jenny Craig meals for the upcoming week.

• No guesswork: Pre-packaged meals and snacks take the guesswork out of fat loss. Anyone who wants everything “spelled out” without any measuring, counting, or other sorting will appreciate this plan.

• Carbohydrates: This diet might be best for those who are not concerned about following a low-carbohydrate diet. Some of the snacks and meals are high in carbohydrates and low in fiber, potentially triggering cravings, hunger, and weight loss resistance especially in people with blood sugar issues.

• Ingredients: Many of the snacks and meals contain ingredients some dieters avoid, including enriched flour, sugar, non-fat milk, corn syrup, soybean oil, margarine and maltodextrin. While some dieters will want to avoid Jenny Craig's foods because of this, others will find the familiar ingredients and flavors help them stick to the diet over time.

• Flexibility: A choice of on-site or at-home consultation options allows the customer flexibility. Some people work better face-to-face with a counselor, while others prefer to chat online or via teleconference in the privacy and comfort of their own homes.

• Best for: seniors, college students, new moms, people with diabetes, busy adults and former athletes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Jenny Craig Company Information