ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Jenny Craig Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I love Jenny Craig. They're great. I lost over 100 pounds with them. I went from a size nearly 16 to a zero. I saw Jenny Craig on a commercial on television, but I didn't think I could afford it because I had to buy the food. But I was able to afford it about two years ago, and I was getting so fat. I looked like a Goodyear blimp. So, I went in there and started their program. My councilor is the greatest.

Jenny Craig's menu plan is great. They change it every once in a while if you don't like something. I'm sort of on their maintenance diet now. Before I was on maintenance, I was only allowed to change three things. Now, I just put in what I want and I get it like that. But their food is fantastic. Their French toast is better than a restaurant. So, I've been having a great time with their menu. I don't eat a lot of regular food. Once a week, I'll eat a slice of pizza, but for the most part, I eat Jenny breakfast, I'll eat something that I want for lunch, and then I'll eat a Jenny dinner. For their snacks, there's this lava cake you put in the microwave for 22 seconds, and all the chocolate sauce comes out of it. It's like, "That's a diet?" I've been very happy on their menu. And I go once a week, get weighed in.

The counselors were wonderful. They're passionate, they really want you to succeed, and they help you out. I gained a couple of pounds this week and I was very upset, but they're compassionate and they really help you and they talk to you. And the food is really good. Some things aren't that great, but for the most part, 90% of it is fantastic. Even my husband likes some of it and he doesn't like food. So, it's a great plan and I'm so happy I went on it.

Hi Cindy,

Congratulations on your 100 lbs loss, that is fantastic! The best part of Jenny Craig is that you can still lose weight and you don't have to give up some of your favorite foods, like pizza or chocolate cake. We are so glad to hear you've had a great experience and we hope to continue supporting you.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I had used Weight Watchers and lost weight, and then I gained some of it back. The points were very overwhelming and there were too many choices. I didn’t really like making my own food. I looked up Jenny Craig and saw how the food was just easy. I didn’t have to think. The menus were all right there and I could just follow it easily and pop them in the microwave. I like the breakfast a lot. I also like the coffee cake, the pancakes and the cinnamon rolls. I like the ranch melt too. For lunch, I like the spaghetti and the pizzas, but they're gone now. I really like the triple chocolate cheesecake, burrito and meatloaf. But I liked the meatloaf better with the ketchup before they changed it to the gravy.

I have Marie as personal consultant and and she's always very positive. She's always happy and very encouraging. She asks questions. She cares about me as a person when I tell her other things that are going on. She lets me pick days for the menu of my food. I like that because I'm really, really picky and I don’t like eggs. I pick seven days out of the whole month of menus. But what I don’t like is that there are so much eggs on there. I wish there were less because then a lot of my switches are due to the breakfast so I can't switch other things. I like the sweet desserts more than the snack desserts. Sometimes if it doesn’t match, that’s hard 'cause then I get stuck with a lot of snack stuff instead of the treat stuff because of the whole egg thing. But I made it work. And I've actually recommended Jenny Craig to people.

Hi Tracy,

On Jenny Craig, you will never have to worry about counting points or cooking your meals. Our dietitians have put together a Full Balanced Menu which has all the appropriate nutrients needed to promote a healthy weight loss. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, this will be shared with the proper teams. We are glad to be able to support you with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I've always heard about Jenny Craig on commercials and online, and for a long time, I've always been struggling with my weight and do the medicine and my weight always been going up and down, and also the stress. It's always been like a New Year's resolution to work out and to lose weight. Two years ago, I wanted to do it, but unfortunately, I broke my foot and I wasn't going to do it. I've heard that Jenny Craig was more easier to keep track of the food, and plus the food was more tastier, and also that you will be able to keep your weight off better than the other food. My grandma was on Nutrisystem, but after she lost the weight, she just gained it back as soon as she was off of it. So when I was all healed up, I decided to go with Jenny Craig on October of last year and start. I've been on it ever since then.

Kylie has been great with me and also my mom. We've gotten really close with her. And she's been helping me keep track of my weight and my diet each week. She's been on me constantly every week if I gained weight or if I haven't really lost any. She helps if I have any other food or something I can try that's low calories but also tastes good. She's been helping really good. The new employee has been helping as well and she's really nice too.

I love the menu plan. I'm on the low calorie ones and all the food is delicious. I keep myself on a schedule. I try to get up as early as I can, and I eat every two hours. I try to work out for like 30 minutes a day, for three or four times a week at best. I walk every day or at least three times a week on the treadmill, and stay on the menu as I can, and to not give in to any temptations. The menus are really good and Kylie tries to put as many food that I like as I can. We try to keep up like I can replace at least three things that I don't like and replace it with other food on a menu that I do like. Even with the new food that they bring in, they're just as good as the old food.

The first goal right now is to get down to 200 pounds. And my overall goal was to get down to at least around 134 for my height. When I first started, I was 276 and now, I'm down to 202. Jenny Craig is a really good diet and it's a really good experience. It is really life-changing. My family members have noticed that I looked like my old self. My aunt is now on it and she's losing weight as well.

Hi Celeste,

Thank you for sharing your experience since being on the program. The great part about Jenny Craig is we not only help you lose the weight, we also teach you how to keep it off with our Maintenance program. Your personal Consultant will guide you on how to build healthy meals on your own as you transition off the Jenny Craig foods. We hope to continue to support you throughout your weight loss journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I started with Jenny Craig's weight loss program on impulse and I was hopeful. The consultant I dealt with was very personable, and the weekly visits were very positive and motivational due to the fact that it was one-on-one. I was in the program for over a year and I was able to lose about 2 pounds a week. The menu plan was varietal and it was good. While I'm already not in the program anymore, it had been a great one. It does work.

Hi Mira,

Congratulations on your success, that is fantastic! We're glad to hear you and your Consultant had a great connection and that she was able to support you. We know clients lose more weight when they meet with a Consultant weekly, instead of doing this on their own. Thank you for being a valued member, we wish you all the best with your health goals!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have been on Jenny Craig for 2 weeks with only 200g lost. Apparently if you don’t have much to lose it is harder to come off. I go to the gym 4 times a week as week as walk and ride my bike. I guess I have to give it time. Other than that the food is nice.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your review. Members following the plan, on average can lose up to 1-2 pounds per week. Depending on what you were doing prior to Jenny Craig, you body may need to adjust to the change in diet. We hope to continue supporting you in you weight loss journey!

Have a great day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

A friend and I did another diet and we lost a bunch of weight and gained some weight back. She told me that she was trying Jenny Craig and so far, she was having good results so it was very convenient for me to get to it. The lady that runs the center that I’m going to is great and it’s always nice to go there. The staff is efficient, friendly and helpful. Everybody is knowledgeable about what they're supposed to be doing.

The weekly visits are good because it keeps you accountable, which works better for me than just doing it on my own. Instead of dreading it, I look forward to it because I know that I’m gonna get good feedback. They make me feel that they're just as invested in it as I am. They don't just say, “Come in. What did you do? Okay, see you next week.” It’s very personal. When I feel I had a bad week, we talk about that or the plan. They're helpful if I’m trying to figure out what went wrong. And if it’s a really good week, they're just as excited as I am. I did another program before and it was stressful. Jenny Craig has been a much better experience for me and I’m having better results.

I started in January, but the first couple of weeks, I got distracted with my travel and work and I didn't really commit myself too much to it. I had lost 24 pounds, which was good. But this last week, I went out of town and gained a pound back. I’m working on that, but I’m 58, so it’s a little harder. When I did another program, Ideal Protein, I had success with it, but it was a lot harder to do and I don’t know if it was as healthy.

I’m surprised at how good Jenny Craig's food is and at the variety. I don’t like everything I’ve been eating though. There are a couple of things that if it is on my menu, I ask to swap it. It's is a great program and it makes it easier for you to eat right. With it, I’m full and don’t feel like I’m starving myself. With all the food, the bars, and the things you have in between, you don’t have to be hungry, so it’s an easy program. Also, I found a pamphlet that was interesting and helpful. And they have such a nice voicemail that makes you feel like these people are interested in helping you. I realize people have to go with what’s convenient, but the center that I go to is convenient. They're a cohesive group that works well and they have good personalities. It also helps that you’re a team. I’m the one doing it, but they're cheering me on. I’d definitely recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Tracey,

Congratulations to you and your friend on your success, that is great! We're so glad to hear you had a great experience and that you have a great connection with the Center staff. You are absolutely right, our Consultants provide great coaching and accountability to get you to your goal. We know that members lose more weight when they speak with a Coach once a week instead of dieting on their own. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you with your goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Jenny Craig worked for me and it's easy to follow. However, I've been on it on and off for quite a few years. As soon as you go off of it, it's very hard to keep the weight off if you don't follow their food program. They didn't show towards the end of the program how to prepare your own meals. I wish they would show regular food versus eating Jenny Craig food. That was always a downfall for me. But their meal program does work, that's why I keep going back to it. However, it's a little expensive, that's why I don't go back to it as often as I would like to. But I'd buy a week of food or something just to get back on track. Most of their food are very good and I like their frozen portion more. I did like some of the old food, but they stopped. They keep changing the bar, which is disappointing.

I liked Andrea, the one I dealt with when I went back a few years ago. She was excellent. Unfortunately, she had a loss in her family and she left. And then there was Francesca. She was excellent but she left too. When she left the place in Eastchester, the place changed. So I haven't been back. Majority of their consultants were very good. I had my favorite, but more or less, it worked. I haven't been back that often because it's more expensive, but their program works.

Hello Annamaria,

We are so glad to hear you saw great results while you were on the program. Once you reach your goal weight, your Consultant will work with you and teach you how to build healthy meals on your own so that you can keep all the weight off that you worked so hard to lose. At times we may renovate a dish to ensure our clients are getting all the proper nutrients needed to promote a healthy weight loss. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope you are doing well with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Jenny Craig is convenient versus other weight loss programs. But the program is a little expensive and not everybody can afford it. The personal consultant I have now is the third one I've had. The other two, one had been there for a while. And I think the first two left and went on to get different jobs, this one's been here for many years. We have great rapport with each other and she's really nice. They give me accountability.

I like the menu. I just think it needs to change more often. My have to haves are definitely breakfast. I love the breakfast. I like that it's becoming more protein based. To me, it seems heftier. My deserts are okay and my main meals are good. I really look forward to eating. And if it's a bad day for food, I'm like, "Bleh." If it's a switch out, they usually switch it out for shelf sustainable and that's a bummer. It's disgusting. And usually I switch the whole day for a different thing. I've been with Jenny Craig for a year, but I've had really rough summer. Nevertheless, I've lost weight, almost 40 pounds. I think it's just the consistency of being able to stay on plan and when I am in my routine, to stay on my routine.

Hi Avra,

Congratulations on your 40 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We are glad to hear you and your Consultant have a great relationship and that you enjoy the meals. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your feedback will be shared with the proper internal teams. We hope to continue supporting you on your weight loss journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I'm not with Jenny Craig anymore. I was off and on with them for three years and within those years, my personal consultant was great. I requested for her and used her for three different times I was there. I've had frozen meals and I like the pepperoni pizza the most. It tasted normal. But I never actually reached my goal, but of course, that’s my problem. I learned a lot though from talking to my person that called me, to be more aware of the food I was eating.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your review. We are glad we were able to support you during your time on the program. Our goal at Jenny Craig is to help clients build a healthy relationship with food and learn to maintain their weight. We wish you all the best with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

If you choose to lose weight using Jenny Craig products, you are better off finding a local store than ordering online and having it shipped. The online policy requires mandatory purchases and I am tired of the combat. When I purchase a dress, I don’t expect to be forced to buy shoes and a bag to match. My weight-loss goals were met two years ago. On maintenance, I only want to buy the food I need every three weeks. Because of a requirement to purchase shakes, snacks or bars, which I like but tend to have an overabundance of, they have lost $800-$900 a month in purchasing from me. Pretty expensive mandatory candy bar on their end, I think. The program works if you follow it. But don’t let yourself get ripped off. You are an adult and are therefore able to make your own decisions about what you purchased and what you do not purchase. So find a local place to go instead ordering online.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback. Our All Access Premium Program does not require a full menu purchase once you have met your goal weight for the food discount. We're sorry for any confusion. We'll have a Manager reach out to you to go over your account details.

Jenny Craig Company Information