Find a Weight Loss Programs partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Jenny Craig

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company that provides personalized support to help members lose weight and keep it off. The program provides custom, one-on-one encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant every week. Jenny Craig also provides convenient, nutritionally balanced menus with more than 100 delicious, ready-to-eat menu items crafted by the company’s chefs. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight loss goals for over 30 years with its scientifically proven program.

Pros

• Science-based
  • Tasty food
  • One-on-one motivational support

Cons

• No gluten-free options
  • High cost

Bottom Line

Jenny Craig’s delicious, prepackaged food eliminates portion control guesswork. The cost may be high for some dieters, but the program has a proven track record of results.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Jenny Craig Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I love Jenny Craig. They're great. I lost over 100 pounds with them. I went from a size nearly 16 to a zero. I saw Jenny Craig on a commercial on television, but I didn't think I could afford it because I had to buy the food. But I was able to afford it about two years ago, and I was getting so fat. I looked like a Goodyear blimp. So, I went in there and started their program. My councilor is the greatest.

Jenny Craig's menu plan is great. They change it every once in a while if you don't like something. I'm sort of on their maintenance diet now. Before I was on maintenance, I was only allowed to change three things. Now, I just put in what I want and I get it like that. But their food is fantastic. Their French toast is better than a restaurant. So, I've been having a great time with their menu. I don't eat a lot of regular food. Once a week, I'll eat a slice of pizza, but for the most part, I eat Jenny breakfast, I'll eat something that I want for lunch, and then I'll eat a Jenny dinner. For their snacks, there's this lava cake you put in the microwave for 22 seconds, and all the chocolate sauce comes out of it. It's like, "That's a diet?" I've been very happy on their menu. And I go once a week, get weighed in.

The counselors were wonderful. They're passionate, they really want you to succeed, and they help you out. I gained a couple of pounds this week and I was very upset, but they're compassionate and they really help you and they talk to you. And the food is really good. Some things aren't that great, but for the most part, 90% of it is fantastic. Even my husband likes some of it and he doesn't like food. So, it's a great plan and I'm so happy I went on it.

Hi Cindy,

Congratulations on your 100 lbs loss, that is fantastic! The best part of Jenny Craig is that you can still lose weight and you don't have to give up some of your favorite foods, like pizza or chocolate cake. We are so glad to hear you've had a great experience and we hope to continue supporting you.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I had used Weight Watchers and lost weight, and then I gained some of it back. The points were very overwhelming and there were too many choices. I didn’t really like making my own food. I looked up Jenny Craig and saw how the food was just easy. I didn’t have to think. The menus were all right there and I could just follow it easily and pop them in the microwave. I like the breakfast a lot. I also like the coffee cake, the pancakes and the cinnamon rolls. I like the ranch melt too. For lunch, I like the spaghetti and the pizzas, but they're gone now. I really like the triple chocolate cheesecake, burrito and meatloaf. But I liked the meatloaf better with the ketchup before they changed it to the gravy.

I have Marie as personal consultant and and she's always very positive. She's always happy and very encouraging. She asks questions. She cares about me as a person when I tell her other things that are going on. She lets me pick days for the menu of my food. I like that because I'm really, really picky and I don’t like eggs. I pick seven days out of the whole month of menus. But what I don’t like is that there are so much eggs on there. I wish there were less because then a lot of my switches are due to the breakfast so I can't switch other things. I like the sweet desserts more than the snack desserts. Sometimes if it doesn’t match, that’s hard 'cause then I get stuck with a lot of snack stuff instead of the treat stuff because of the whole egg thing. But I made it work. And I've actually recommended Jenny Craig to people.

Hi Tracy,

On Jenny Craig, you will never have to worry about counting points or cooking your meals. Our dietitians have put together a Full Balanced Menu which has all the appropriate nutrients needed to promote a healthy weight loss. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, this will be shared with the proper teams. We are glad to be able to support you with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I've always heard about Jenny Craig on commercials and online, and for a long time, I've always been struggling with my weight and do the medicine and my weight always been going up and down, and also the stress. It's always been like a New Year's resolution to work out and to lose weight. Two years ago, I wanted to do it, but unfortunately, I broke my foot and I wasn't going to do it. I've heard that Jenny Craig was more easier to keep track of the food, and plus the food was more tastier, and also that you will be able to keep your weight off better than the other food. My grandma was on Nutrisystem, but after she lost the weight, she just gained it back as soon as she was off of it. So when I was all healed up, I decided to go with Jenny Craig on October of last year and start. I've been on it ever since then.

Kylie has been great with me and also my mom. We've gotten really close with her. And she's been helping me keep track of my weight and my diet each week. She's been on me constantly every week if I gained weight or if I haven't really lost any. She helps if I have any other food or something I can try that's low calories but also tastes good. She's been helping really good. The new employee has been helping as well and she's really nice too.

I love the menu plan. I'm on the low calorie ones and all the food is delicious. I keep myself on a schedule. I try to get up as early as I can, and I eat every two hours. I try to work out for like 30 minutes a day, for three or four times a week at best. I walk every day or at least three times a week on the treadmill, and stay on the menu as I can, and to not give in to any temptations. The menus are really good and Kylie tries to put as many food that I like as I can. We try to keep up like I can replace at least three things that I don't like and replace it with other food on a menu that I do like. Even with the new food that they bring in, they're just as good as the old food.

The first goal right now is to get down to 200 pounds. And my overall goal was to get down to at least around 134 for my height. When I first started, I was 276 and now, I'm down to 202. Jenny Craig is a really good diet and it's a really good experience. It is really life-changing. My family members have noticed that I looked like my old self. My aunt is now on it and she's losing weight as well.

Hi Celeste,

Thank you for sharing your experience since being on the program. The great part about Jenny Craig is we not only help you lose the weight, we also teach you how to keep it off with our Maintenance program. Your personal Consultant will guide you on how to build healthy meals on your own as you transition off the Jenny Craig foods. We hope to continue to support you throughout your weight loss journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I started with Jenny Craig's weight loss program on impulse and I was hopeful. The consultant I dealt with was very personable, and the weekly visits were very positive and motivational due to the fact that it was one-on-one. I was in the program for over a year and I was able to lose about 2 pounds a week. The menu plan was varietal and it was good. While I'm already not in the program anymore, it had been a great one. It does work.

Hi Mira,

Congratulations on your success, that is fantastic! We're glad to hear you and your Consultant had a great connection and that she was able to support you. We know clients lose more weight when they meet with a Consultant weekly, instead of doing this on their own. Thank you for being a valued member, we wish you all the best with your health goals!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have been on Jenny Craig for 2 weeks with only 200g lost. Apparently if you don’t have much to lose it is harder to come off. I go to the gym 4 times a week as week as walk and ride my bike. I guess I have to give it time. Other than that the food is nice.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your review. Members following the plan, on average can lose up to 1-2 pounds per week. Depending on what you were doing prior to Jenny Craig, you body may need to adjust to the change in diet. We hope to continue supporting you in you weight loss journey!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

A friend and I did another diet and we lost a bunch of weight and gained some weight back. She told me that she was trying Jenny Craig and so far, she was having good results so it was very convenient for me to get to it. The lady that runs the center that I’m going to is great and it’s always nice to go there. The staff is efficient, friendly and helpful. Everybody is knowledgeable about what they're supposed to be doing.

The weekly visits are good because it keeps you accountable, which works better for me than just doing it on my own. Instead of dreading it, I look forward to it because I know that I’m gonna get good feedback. They make me feel that they're just as invested in it as I am. They don't just say, “Come in. What did you do? Okay, see you next week.” It’s very personal. When I feel I had a bad week, we talk about that or the plan. They're helpful if I’m trying to figure out what went wrong. And if it’s a really good week, they're just as excited as I am. I did another program before and it was stressful. Jenny Craig has been a much better experience for me and I’m having better results.

I started in January, but the first couple of weeks, I got distracted with my travel and work and I didn't really commit myself too much to it. I had lost 24 pounds, which was good. But this last week, I went out of town and gained a pound back. I’m working on that, but I’m 58, so it’s a little harder. When I did another program, Ideal Protein, I had success with it, but it was a lot harder to do and I don’t know if it was as healthy.

I’m surprised at how good Jenny Craig's food is and at the variety. I don’t like everything I’ve been eating though. There are a couple of things that if it is on my menu, I ask to swap it. It's is a great program and it makes it easier for you to eat right. With it, I’m full and don’t feel like I’m starving myself. With all the food, the bars, and the things you have in between, you don’t have to be hungry, so it’s an easy program. Also, I found a pamphlet that was interesting and helpful. And they have such a nice voicemail that makes you feel like these people are interested in helping you. I realize people have to go with what’s convenient, but the center that I go to is convenient. They're a cohesive group that works well and they have good personalities. It also helps that you’re a team. I’m the one doing it, but they're cheering me on. I’d definitely recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Tracey,

Congratulations to you and your friend on your success, that is great! We're so glad to hear you had a great experience and that you have a great connection with the Center staff. You are absolutely right, our Consultants provide great coaching and accountability to get you to your goal. We know that members lose more weight when they speak with a Coach once a week instead of dieting on their own. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you with your goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Jenny Craig worked for me and it's easy to follow. However, I've been on it on and off for quite a few years. As soon as you go off of it, it's very hard to keep the weight off if you don't follow their food program. They didn't show towards the end of the program how to prepare your own meals. I wish they would show regular food versus eating Jenny Craig food. That was always a downfall for me. But their meal program does work, that's why I keep going back to it. However, it's a little expensive, that's why I don't go back to it as often as I would like to. But I'd buy a week of food or something just to get back on track. Most of their food are very good and I like their frozen portion more. I did like some of the old food, but they stopped. They keep changing the bar, which is disappointing.

I liked Andrea, the one I dealt with when I went back a few years ago. She was excellent. Unfortunately, she had a loss in her family and she left. And then there was Francesca. She was excellent but she left too. When she left the place in Eastchester, the place changed. So I haven't been back. Majority of their consultants were very good. I had my favorite, but more or less, it worked. I haven't been back that often because it's more expensive, but their program works.

Hello Annamaria,

We are so glad to hear you saw great results while you were on the program. Once you reach your goal weight, your Consultant will work with you and teach you how to build healthy meals on your own so that you can keep all the weight off that you worked so hard to lose. At times we may renovate a dish to ensure our clients are getting all the proper nutrients needed to promote a healthy weight loss. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope you are doing well with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Jenny Craig is convenient versus other weight loss programs. But the program is a little expensive and not everybody can afford it. The personal consultant I have now is the third one I've had. The other two, one had been there for a while. And I think the first two left and went on to get different jobs, this one's been here for many years. We have great rapport with each other and she's really nice. They give me accountability.

I like the menu. I just think it needs to change more often. My have to haves are definitely breakfast. I love the breakfast. I like that it's becoming more protein based. To me, it seems heftier. My deserts are okay and my main meals are good. I really look forward to eating. And if it's a bad day for food, I'm like, "Bleh." If it's a switch out, they usually switch it out for shelf sustainable and that's a bummer. It's disgusting. And usually I switch the whole day for a different thing. I've been with Jenny Craig for a year, but I've had really rough summer. Nevertheless, I've lost weight, almost 40 pounds. I think it's just the consistency of being able to stay on plan and when I am in my routine, to stay on my routine.

Hi Avra,

Congratulations on your 40 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We are glad to hear you and your Consultant have a great relationship and that you enjoy the meals. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your feedback will be shared with the proper internal teams. We hope to continue supporting you on your weight loss journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I'm not with Jenny Craig anymore. I was off and on with them for three years and within those years, my personal consultant was great. I requested for her and used her for three different times I was there. I've had frozen meals and I like the pepperoni pizza the most. It tasted normal. But I never actually reached my goal, but of course, that’s my problem. I learned a lot though from talking to my person that called me, to be more aware of the food I was eating.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your review. We are glad we were able to support you during your time on the program. Our goal at Jenny Craig is to help clients build a healthy relationship with food and learn to maintain their weight. We wish you all the best with your health goals!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

If you choose to lose weight using Jenny Craig products, you are better off finding a local store than ordering online and having it shipped. The online policy requires mandatory purchases and I am tired of the combat. When I purchase a dress, I don’t expect to be forced to buy shoes and a bag to match. My weight-loss goals were met two years ago. On maintenance, I only want to buy the food I need every three weeks. Because of a requirement to purchase shakes, snacks or bars, which I like but tend to have an overabundance of, they have lost $800-$900 a month in purchasing from me. Pretty expensive mandatory candy bar on their end, I think. The program works if you follow it. But don’t let yourself get ripped off. You are an adult and are therefore able to make your own decisions about what you purchased and what you do not purchase. So find a local place to go instead ordering online.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback. Our All Access Premium Program does not require a full menu purchase once you have met your goal weight for the food discount. We're sorry for any confusion. We'll have a Manager reach out to you to go over your account details.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Someone in my aquafit class had been very happy with Jenny Craig. I started in January and I'm satisfied so far. I'd lost 25 pounds that I don’t think I would have lost otherwise. But it's not as fast as the advertising says. They say that you can lose 16 pounds in four weeks. It's more like a pound a week. Now, the biggest problem I'm having is I've plateaued, I've stalled after the 20. I'd still like to take off about another 15 pounds, but I seem to be stuck for the last couple of months.

My personal consultant gives tips like how much water to drink. I've been stuck on this for about two months and we haven’t moved very far. Jenny Craig has a lot of papers that they put out, both on the internet and they have them available in a store as well, and I've read all that materials. So, I've really kinda try and follow very closely to the program. The menu plan is okay. They have brought some improvements into some of the foods in the last couple of months. Some of them were pretty awful, but I think that somebody is trying to improve the quality of the food.

My favorite meal so far is the meatloaf. I stopped getting the desserts because I wasn’t eating them. So, I just had a backlog of the desserts. And as far as some of the breakfast, I'd rather cook an egg than have them. I seem to react a lot to green pepper and there's a lot of green pepper and cinnamon. Those are two things that I can't eat. I'm better off just having a poached egg or egg that I do myself rather than having the additives that I don’t digest well. But I still try and follow the day, like if it's an egg with vegetables mixed up, I will sauté some spinach or something and make an omelet. I didn’t do that at first. I stuck absolutely perfectly to it. But now, I have been trying to make the foods better for me, and maybe that’s why I plateaued. I was getting a lot of heartburn and things from the green pepper and there's a lot of green pepper each food. They did give me a list of how you can substitute, and I've used that pretty diligently.

Hi Barbara,

Congrats on your 25 lbs loss, that is fantastic! Some clients may experience a plateau, it is normal during the weight loss process. Be sure to speak with your Consultant about any changes such as activity level, your calorie level may need to be adjusted.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu, this will be shared with the proper internal teams. We hope to continue to support you throughout your journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was on Weight Watchers at one point, I lost a lot of weight. When I was losing the weight for Weight Watchers, I had got laid off from my job, and I had time to cook. But I got frustrated on trying to figure out what I was gonna cook, and what was in it. I was reading this and I was looking at the points, and it was just too much. I work now for the Turnpike, and I’m very busy in the winter, and I need to already have something done, something I can pop in the microwave. Sometimes, I have to spend a night at my job. I plow the snow for the Turnpike, and we have to be here for days at a time. And Weight Watchers was not gonna work for that because I don’t have time to cook.

I was curious with Jenny Craig and wanted to see how the plan worked. I Googled it and made an appointment. My very first reaction a little intimidated because when I came into the office, I didn’t feel welcome. I started to turn around and go to another site because from what I saw it was only two people that was working. One was in the back with a client, and there was another person that was there in the front but they never even acknowledged me. I used to work in retail. And if I’m busy, I would acknowledge the person that’s standing next to them. You look up, you see the person, you put your head back down like the person’s not even standing there is rude. It’s very rude. But I sat there contemplating if I should stay or leave. I know I needed to do this to lose weight and Jenny Craig is the closest to my house. So I decided to stay and give it a chance.

The person that I’m working with is Stephanie. She’s been very good and very patient with me. My weight sometimes goes up and down, and she’s always been encouraging. I get a little discouraged if I go up a little, and she’d talk to me and encourage me. She would tell me maybe it was something that I’m not doing, or I’m not getting enough water. She takes that time to tell me that and try to keep me on track. And it makes me feel comfortable. But I had a problem with Lynn, the manager at the Edison office. I had to even call the headquarters because it was some issues with her, and I told them about it. I don’t know if it was ever addressed. I didn’t follow up on it.

Whenever I have to see Lynn, we’d talk about whatever’s going on with me, and that’s it. I just wanna get my good and go. One time I was there and I had a 9 o’clock appointment, but I didn’t get out of there until 12:00. But there was no one there but me and another guy. Lynn was there this particular time. She kept lying to me. I had paid extra money so that I won’t have to pay the full price, so I can get the 10%. And I asked her why was it so much? I never paid that much money before. She kept trying to blame it on the computer. I asked her what was going on and why was it taking me three hours to leave? I never had this problem and I never been there that long just to pick up.

When it came time for me to pay for my food, Lynn said it was 170. I told her that I was not paying $170 since I’ve been paying 150 or 160 at the most. She couldn’t remember if I had the 10%. I told her that she was the one that offered it to me. I paid the additional money so that I can keep the 10%, but now she was not gonna give it to me? She then put in my 10%. Majority of the time that I go into that office, and she’s there and she has to help me, I get a little crazy as far as in my head.

I hate when Stephanie is not there. For the next two Saturdays she won’t be there. So I have to deal with Lynn. There was another time I came in and Stephanie wasn’t there, and I spoke to Lynn. I have a system that I keep for myself. I remember things by the way I keep it in line. Lynn saw that I had numbered, and put the dates on top of the menu. But I don’t put them all the way across. I looked at Lynn, and then she takes and numbers the whole thing across the board. I asked her why would she do that? Just because she saw that all the numbers were on top, all the dates were on top of each day, didn’t mean for her to do it for me. I don’t want her to do it. I was so frustrated because I like to do it myself. I number it as I go. That way, I know I didn’t have that day because there’s not a date on it.

I keep my menu inside of a calendar, and I mark off each day that I collect all my food in the morning because I take enough with me to last me through lunch and snacks. And then when I go home, I have my dinner. And the way I do it in the morning, I put each calendar day, and I mark off the day on the calendar. I’ve been doing it since January, since I started the program. But Lynn messed me up a little bit that week.

I was put on a 1,500 count and the only thing Lynn did that was a good thing for me was putting me on the 1,200 count. So, that meant it took away a yogurt and a fruit from me. She told me that I could just have a fruit if I get hungry. I was eating a whole piece of fruit in the morning. My breakfast was a shake or either a yogurt. And then I have another piece of fruit. It was actually a little too much for me, and I wasn’t realizing. I noticed when I was on the 1,500, I was moving my weight more. But I wasn’t losing like I am now on the 1,200. The 1,200 gets me a little hungry, but if I get hungry, I can always go back in and grab the other half of the fruit that I had from the morning after I have my lunch.

I've lost about 32 pounds since January. I was 225, and I’m 193 now. And I really love the food. I don’t like everything. The peanut butter cookies and the lemon cookies are like wood. I can’t stomach them. But I like the fact that I can change at least three things on the menu. So, I scan the whole menu to make sure that I like everything. I’m getting used to the cinnamon rolls, they’re good. I try my best to keep up with going to Jenny Craig because it works for me. I already know what I’m gonna eat every day. I don’t have to stress about what I’m gonna eat, when I’m gonna eat, or I gotta cook this, I gotta cook that. I love the way that it’s so convenient. I will recommend Jenny Craig.

Hi Kenya,

Thank you for your review. With Jenny Craig, we plan and prepare everything for you! You will never have to worry about counting points or cooking your meals after a long day of work. Your Consultant will also work with you to keep you on track to get to your goal! We hope to continue supporting you on your journey.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Donna, from Jenny Craig, was great. I have worked with one or two of the other consultants before, but Donna, by far, is the best. She's been my first from the beginning. But one time, I could only come on one day and Donna wasn't there. I had to meet with someone else. It's not that the person wasn't any good. She's good at what she does, and a lot of people love her. It was just we didn't click. I walked out and the next day I looked for Donna and said I will never meet with that other lady again. She goes, "Sharon, I'm so sorry." I said, "No, no, no. She's nice. It's just I like you."

Donna and I are friends now. We catch up on what's going on. She knows me and knows what I like. I go to their center every single week because I don't like any of the menu with peppers or onions, like Mexican food and they absolutely work with me. They get tossed out and we substitute something different. I've purchased all of their meals -- breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. But I don't like the menu at night, and Donna knows that. So I kinda substitute my own stuff. I like something sweet at night, not salty. So I do the fruits at night.

I like the breakfasts menu -- the country gravy scramble and the bacon egg skillet are my favorites. But I don't like the macaroni and cheese. And I'm a Southern girl, I like real macaroni and cheese. I also don't like that fried chicken thing with corn. But bulk of the food is good. The pasta dishes and some of those with beef are really good. The chicken margherita is the best. I do the chicken margherita now for my son and my husband. He said, "Honey, that's one of the best dishes you've ever made." Jenny Craig helped me because I've never been a great cook. But I'm able to adapt some menu to my home for the rest of my family and they loved it.

I'm not a big girl, but I hit 170 where I was always 130. That just freaked me out. Menopause did it. Right now, I'm in a 24-pound weight loss. Before 20 pounds, and then I extended it to 25, and now I've extended it to 30. So I have six pounds. I hadn't hit my goal for the summertime. I just stayed flat and Donna said, "Sharon, you're not the only one. Everybody is the same with cookouts and pool and vacations." I came back and scheduled when the kids came back to school. And since school has started, I've lost two more pounds. I've already recommended Jenny Craig to other people.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear Donna has been a great motivator and that she's been able to guide you throughout your journey!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I did Jenny Craig in 2013, and it was so successful for me. I dropped about 30 pounds. It was great. And I found that this time, I dropped about 10 pounds, but it was getting a bit expensive for me. I just felt like I plateaued. I stopped my membership a couple of months ago. It just wasn't doing it for me this time maybe because I'm married now, whereas when I did it the last time, I was single, so there were no distractions and I was just doing it. But this time, it just wasn't. So, I decided to give it a break. I felt like for a good few months, I was maybe going up and down one pound.

The first time I did Jenny Craig, there was a young lady that was working there, and she was very positive and very energetic. I felt like she was driven, and she got me going. This time, there were older members working, and sometimes one of them just seems to be complaining a lot. I felt like it wasn't the same kind of energy as it was the first time I did it. But, overall, I would recommend Jenny Craig to all of my friends. The last time, it just got a bit stagnant for me. I needed a break for it.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had to take a break from the program. Some clients may experience a plateau, it is normal while you are in the process of losing weight. We wish you the best luck with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I knew about Jenny Craig through friends and family. I heard people had success with it. The personal consultant was great. And I had some success when I followed the plan. But the menu was so expensive so I had to stop.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your success, that is great! We are sorry to hear you had to stop the program due to the cost. We hope you are doing well with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am a busy, professional, single mom of two. I decided to do Jenny Craig after researching other pre-prepared food diet plans and was talked into signing up for an "auto-ship" plan where I essentially paid for a whole month of food upfront that would be sent to me in two two-week shipments. I was excited to get my food which all looked really good. I started on a Friday, and weighed myself every day, took my measurements like my coach told me.

The food all tasted good enough, but I started to notice very quickly that my stomach was becoming more and more unsettled as I stayed on plan. Lots of gas (my four year old liked to comment on it), and lots of afternoon runs to the office bathroom. I started googling for whether this was a common occurrence and read many reports of "high fiber" and therefore chalked it up to my body adjusting. It got worse and worse each day.

By the time my consultant called the following Friday for my week one check in, I had gained a pound and (how I wish I were joking) almost pooped my pants several times during the week. I explained that all to her and asked if that was normal - which, clearly, it wasn't. She suggested I see a doctor, and suggested I talk with customer service in order to try to get a refund for my second two week order as it was supposed to ship out in a few days.

I spoke with customer service and a manager and was informed that despite having spent over $600 with them for one month's worth of food, and despite the food making me physically sick, there was nothing they could do and that I could not have a refund whatsoever and that they would be shipping my food regardless. RUN, do not walk, AWAY FROM JENNY CRAIG. Terrible customer service, even when their product clearly does not work for you. So much fine print to wade through. They just want to take your money.

Hi Jillian,

We're sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Gas or bloating is something some may experience when they are eating more fiber than they were previously. Some clients can take time to adjust to a new way of eating.

We are very transparent with the terms of our Auto Shipment and make sure they are discussed when you sign up over the phone as well as outlining them via email. We verified the terms were agreed to at the time of the order and again via the email sent.

Since your second order was already in process for shipment when you called, it could not be cancelled.

We wish you all the best on your health journey. Thank you for your time.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I drove by Jenny Craig one time and I thought I’d pop in and talk to their reps. My interaction with them was good. Everybody knows that things like the food costs differently, depending what store you go to. But the store I went to is too far from where I live and work. It’s just what’s available. I've been using Jenny Craig’s weight loss program for 10 months now and so far, I have lost approximately 27 pounds. I’m glad that I’ve lost that, but in my mind, I should have lost more. I made some mistakes and I had a point where my body seemed like it won’t lose any more weight for some reason. I have a busy lifestyle as well, so that contributes to the issues I’ve got. I’m still trying though. I just wish there was less repetition in the meals. For example, for a week’s worth of menus, sometimes they repeat every week or two. The quality is really good though. So far, everything’s going fine. Trying to get my body to cooperate is just the hardest part.

Hi Nick,

Congrats on your 27 lbs loss, that is fantastic! Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu plan. You do have the option to build your own menu by selecting 7 full days from menus 1-4 and still make up to three substitutions, ask your Consultant about Planned Days at your next visit. I understand the Center is far, have you heard of Jenny at Home? With Jenny At Home, the food is shipped to your door and the Consultations are done by phone once a week. Call our team at 1-800-536-6922 for more information!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I tried to cancel immediately after realizing what a horrible mistake I had made and they refused to cancel my membership even though the first shipment had not been sent. Would charge an additional $90 to cancel further shipments. Was told a manager was not available. They would have to call back. Meanwhile the first shipment would be processed which I did not want.

Hi Renee,

We see you were able to speak with a member of our Management team to resolve your concerns. Thank you for your time.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Felt this program was very expensive for the food one had to purchase. The individual counseling sessions felt very rushed, and not everything was covered. The new DNA testing cost $50 and was not explained fully, nor could it be referenced online.

Hi Kathryn,

We are very sorry you felt rushed during your Consultation and not everything was explained. I am happy to have a manager contact you and clear up any questions you may have.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Jenny Craig is working out beautifully for me. I couldn't be more happy. Both my wife and I have been booking our meetings on Saturdays and we come in every Saturday morning. Our consultant would ask how our week went. We've had a long conversation discussing if we went out to eat and did things like that and if there were any problems that we were having or any difficulty with the maintenance because we’re on maintenance right now. I said, “No.” I said, “We’re doing wonderful. We’re holding our own.”

And then we’re at a point now where we’re seeing her like every couple of weeks. We’re still ordering food because we’re still using Jenny along with cooking ourselves. We go to the Orange office and everybody there is so wonderful. It’s been a good experience for both my wife and I. We got to our goal in less than seven months, and we’ve been working on it ever since. I lost 65 pounds. My wife lost 30 pounds and it’s been a wonderful transformation.

Hi Paul,

Congratulations to you and your wife on reaching your goal, that is fantastic! You are absolutely right, when you meet with your Consultant once a week, they will help you create a plan to stay on track. We are glad to continue to support you both with your health goals.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I worked with Jenny Craig because of the convenience. My first interaction with them was very positive. It was a good deal. My consultant was very good and the week visits helped me a lot. It is encouraging and it helped me get on track. There was somebody to talk to about what was going on and the pros and cons. The menu plan was good for me to be that structured and I really appreciated that. I liked most of the meals I have purchased and there was only one that I did not really care for, the pork carnitas. Also, there was too much sugar and carbs in a lot of the menu items for the morning items or sweets. But, overall, the qualities of the meals were good. I made good progress for a long time, but I chose to stop because of financial reasons. Still, I would recommend them to friends.

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely correct, our goal is to help clients build healthy habits with routine and structure. The routine is meeting with a Consultant once a week and the structure is our Full Planned Menus. Your Consultant can also go over the different menu options we offer that will work best with you and your weight loss. We're sorry to hear you had to stop the program, we hope you are doing well with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

My experience with Jenny Craig has been great, so far, and my interactions with their reps have been wonderful. They were amazing and very welcoming. I love them. I've been in their program for a year now and since then, I’ve lost 20 pounds. I love most of their food. Some of it stinks, but most of it is good. In fact, their Chicken Ranch Melt is one of my favorite. However, the cost is a little pricey. So, I’ve taken a little four-week hiatus and then I’ll be back on the bandwagon soon. Nonetheless, I have recommended it.

Hi Alex,

Congrats on your 20 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with the program and with your Consultant. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, the Chicken Ranch Melt is one of our favorites too!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Jenny Craig has worked, so I know it's reliable. It works for my schedule and the type of work that I do. It’s practical and doable. My consultant has been awesome and very reasonable. Sometimes there are weeks that we were not able to go on and we have some left over, so she always recommend good things. She is very encouraging as well. 100% excellent. I reached one of my goals and then it went up, but I knew it so I'm now starting again. It’s a cycle. The diet is not very difficult. I like the variety of the menu. I like the frozen foods.

Hi Mariano,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your success! Jenny Craig is a perfect fit for those who have a busy schedule. All the meals are planned and prepared so you just have to follow the menu. We're so glad you had a great relationship with your Consultant and enjoyed the meals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Since using Jenny Craig in January, I have reached my goal back in July. I'm doing their maintenance program now where I eat my own food but I go in and check in with them once a month. I haven't gained back a pound since I lose it, so I'm maintaining my goal weight. I liked some of their breakfasts and their dinners --- their chicken and cheesy potatoes. The meals were very good and I didn’t have any problem with strictly eating their food for several months. I've recommended them to several people.

Hi Jane,

Congratulations on reaching your goal, that is fantastic news! The great part of our program is we offer a weight maintenance program, so you can keep off all the weight you worked so hard to lose! We're so glad you had a great experience and enjoyed our meals.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have seen Jenny Craig advertised for years and people talking that they were on it, so I thought I would do it too. I was hearing bad things about Nutrisystem, but I've always heard good things about Jenny Craig. I've been on the other one years ago, and the thing that put me off Jenny Craig was because it was frozen. It’s a little bit more difficult if it is frozen. But, I finally said, “There’s one right down the street, that’s where I’m going.” The place is plain, but very good. It didn’t matter what it looked like, as long as I could do the task of getting weighed.

Being that I’m older, I didn’t really have much thought that I could get where I’ve got, and so, that was why I was shocked and pleased. The lady that I have is very knowledgeable. she's not some of the younger girls, and she seems to know the ropes and she knows what she is doing. I am very confident with her, and I can share things that are going on. I am kind of pre-diabetic, so I thought that rather than go there, I'd get off my butt and lose some weight. The weekly visits are necessary. It keeps you honest for the most part. I’ve got nine pounds to lose, and I will maintain the food to fill in the gaps because the food is good. The snacks in between and the shake drinks I can, however, substitute.

Also, I like their breakfasts because I don’t have to make a big sit-down breakfasts or do a bowl of cereal every day. And I know I’m getting protein just about every morning. I like the morning treats like those cinnamon rolls and crumb cakes. I am one of those who ate two meals a day, and with eating three meals a day, I thought, “Well, I can’t lose weight on this,” but I can. It is just portion-control and eating the right things. It also helped with the sodium in my diet because there is low sodium and I noticed the difference now if I eat other food. Overall, I love Jenny Craig.

Hi Cheri,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you've had a great experience while on the program. We do offer a Travel Menu, which includes non frozen foods, ask your Consultant about it at your next visit! This a great option if you don't have enough freezer space or are on the go.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I heard that Jenny Craig's food was more healthy over the other programs so I went with them. My first interaction with them went well and the rep was very nice and helped me a lot. Also, the weekly visits are very nice. The consultant I see now is very good. I get the food that's prepared and know how many calories I'm eating. I really like that. And the meals are all pretty good. I've lost around 18 pounds at first. Unfortunately, I put some back on because I had a lot of business traveling. It’s kinda tough going back in and getting on the program. I have the food but it’s tough to get back on. It's especially tough at night after 7 o’clock. Other than that, everything has been good. It makes life a lot easier.

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your progress! You are absolutely correct, we plan and prepare everything for you. No counting calories or points, just follow the menu and you will begin to see the results! We're glad to hear you've had a great relationship with your personal Consultant.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My mother lost a lot of weight with Jenny Craig, so I started doing it. I've been with them since January and I’ve lost 20 pounds so far. Their reps are nice and my interactions with them have been good. The food is very good and tasty. I like the ravioli, turkey, burritos and mashed potatoes. The cheeseburgers and all the breakfast are pretty good too. Anything with the eggs is good. It just never seems to be enough ‘cause I’m always hungry. The portions should be just a little bigger. Other than that, my experience with Jenny Craig has been going very well.

Hi Michele,

Congrats on your 20 lbs loss, that is fantastic! We are so glad to hear you and your mother had a great experience on the program and with the Consultants. Thank you for your feedback regarding some of our menu items, this will be shared with the proper teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I Googled a couple of places and saw that there was Jenny Craig near my house, so I chose that one. Their consultants explained the program to me well, told me everything I needed to know, and answered all my questions. They were very informative, and they gave me tips on things that I can do to lose weight. The visits have been as expected, too. When I went in and talked to a consultant, I told her some of the things I struggled with. So, she gave me some ideas on what I can do to combat those. It is just they need to update their food to make it more enjoyable. There are only four or five main courses that taste good since I started the program. The rest is terrible. So, I'm eating the same food for about a year now. Now, instead of eating that, I'm eating something else. The first six months, I lost 44 pounds, but since then I have not lost anything.

Hi Glenn,

We are glad to hear your Consultant was able to provide great suggestions to come up with a plan that works for you. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items. We are always looking for ways to improve our meals, your concerns will be shared with our Food Development Teams for future consideration.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Jenny Craig has been pretty awesome. When I was in high school, I lost 35 pounds. And then, I went back about a year ago and I've lost almost 75 to 80 pounds. I like my center. I really like the personal consultants. They're good. They're always fun. I like the menu plan and the chicken carbonara is my favorite.

Hi Katie,

Congrats on your success, that is fantastic! We are so glad you had a positive experience with the program and the Consultants. Thank you for your feedback on our menu items, the Chicken Carbonara is one of our favorites too!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

A girlfriend of mine did Jenny Craig a couple years back and she recommended it. The consultant was great. She was super friendly. The only issue I had is the once a week visit is always a pain the the butt when you’re busy. I get the accountability of it, but it’s a lot to try and squeeze into an every week thing. It would be better if it was every two weeks versus every week. The menu plan wasn’t too bad, except I didn’t like a lot of the foods there. I found there is a lot of sodium in them, so I wasn’t a huge fan of it. But the chicken tacos are my favorite. I did the track, but I just found out it’s not attainable to continue on like that. It’s not teaching you a healthy lifestyle. It’s just teaching you to stop and lose the weight. I set out to lose 43 pounds, and I ended up losing somewhere between 47 and 50.

Hi Patricia,

Congrats on your success, that is great! Our Consultants provide great tips and suggestions to help you stay on track and meet your goals. We also offer a maintenance program, so you can keep off all the weight you worked so hard to lose! If the Center is inconvenient for you, we do have Jenny at Home where your food is shipped and the consultations are done once a week by phone. Give our team a call at 1800-536-6922 for more information.

Jenny Craig Company Information