4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company designed to provide personalized support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program provides every member with weekly one-on-one tailored encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant, at a center nearby or over the phone. Jenny Craig also provides convenient nutritionally-balanced menus, with 3 meals and 3 snacks each day, which include over 100 delicious ready-to-eat, premium chef-crafted menu items. The holistic program provides members with the tools they need to Eat Well, Move More and Live Life. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals for over 30 years with their scientifically proven program.

Jenny Craig Video
Jenny Craig Gallery (7)
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
Ranked Best Diet for 8 Years Counting
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Jenny Craig Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

After a very long process of choice, Jenny Craig's weight loss program is a little bit more attractive and I went with it. Everything is good. With a few exceptions on the meals, it was surprisingly good overall. I'm not a very picky guy and so if I don't like cookies, then I don't take cookies. Everything else, I can eat. So, it's very simple. The program is not completely finished yet, but I'm very, very close to my goal now. And if it will stay like right now, then it will be great.

Hi Yuri,

Congratulations on your progress and being close to your goal! We understand you may not like everything on the menu, with the help of your coach, they will be able to help create a meal plan that is tasty and still help you lose weight. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I did the Jenny Craig program several years ago and I heard about it through a friend who did it. I made a decision to take some weight off. I went in and faced the scale and both times I’ve done the program, the representative has been professional, kind, understanding and encouraging. So, overall, the initial interactions were excellent. The weekly visit keeps you accountable but I’ve been on the program for over a year and I’m starting to backslide. It’s hard to go in and face the music when you haven't followed the program but at the same time, once I get in there and I meet with my representative, I get an encouraging tone. The weekly visits are great because you’re going in, you know you’ve lost weight and everything’s good. It’s a little tougher when you’re struggling but still beneficial in that they provide encouragement.

The results are terrific if you follow the program and I like Jenny Craig because I like getting three meals, snacks and even a dessert. That’s how I eat and I can’t do tricks. So, with the program, the food is great. A lot of people talk to me about Jenny Craig and since I’m a private person, in the beginning, I didn't tell anybody I was on it, other than my family and close friends. I would hide my Jenny Craig container from people I work with and just bring my entrée in to heat up in the microwave and then put it on a real plate. As time went on, there were so many people doing so many things, Keto and Whole30 and Weight Watchers and the other one with Marie Osmond, and I started talking about it.

People were very interested because they wanna know what you’re eating. It’s appealing to a lot of people that you don’t even feel like you’re on a diet because you’re not really on a diet but on an eating program. So, I encouraged people to check it out. Jenny Craig can accommodate diabetics and I’ve encouraged a friend who’s a diabetic to try it because he’s not having success with anything he does. It’s a worthwhile program to share with people. It’s good and it has been around a long time and people are familiar with the name.

Hi Gina,

Congratulations on your progress, that is great! You are absolutely right, meeting with your Consultant once a week holds your accountable and they will help you create a plan for the upcoming week to stay on track. We're glad to hear you've had a great experience and relationship with the Consultants. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you with your goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I stopped doing Jenny Craig early this year. The program has been successful for people and Jenny Craig has that proof. My husband also lost his weight and hit his goal. And I did the same amount of time with him. I had been on the plan for a year and I only lost three pounds. I know women and men differ though. Men seem to lose it faster than women do. However, I’m not a typical individual who gained all this weight by eating food. I gained it because of the side effects of high doses of medication for my cancer. But I’m not the only one in this world who has suffered due to medical reasons. I just wanna look the best I can look in the body that I have. Everybody deserves that, especially when you’re paying somebody to help you get there.

I chose Jenny Craig because it was convenient, and it was. I also really liked our coach, Beverly, over in Southlake but we moved and it was closer to go here in Bedford but I really wasn’t really impressed with this location. The consultant was okay but I didn't like hearing that the cost of the food was cheaper in Bedford than in Southlake. The food was good though. My husband is even thinking that he’s gonna go back on Jenny Craig.

Hi Deanne,

We are very sorry to hear you are no longer on the program. You are absolutely right, everybody deserves to live a healthy life and feel their absolute best. We hoped you learned a few tips from your coach and we wish you all the best in your health goals!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Jenny Craig has been my go to diet for the last 30 years since it opened in Canada. The food was the draw & always kept me coming back because it tasted great & was portioned. The last time I was in was 2016. Yes, I’m a serial dieter but you like people like me. So, to my surprise coming back in 2019 to HIG Holdings to have purchased it and now the food tastes horrible! They got rid of all the regular favourites that brought Canadians back & introduced food that has smaller portions, swims in gravy, introduced too many Mexican spicy peppery meals that taste like nothing, and changed the packaging so that you now have bumps in your bowl meals so you can’t even eat from the bowl because you want it to appear like there’s more food.

You are more concerned with selling than with the fact that good food is what sells & keeps bringing people back. I’m afraid my love affair with Jenny is over & I will never recommend it nor come back. Unless you go back to how Nestle produced its food. Take a lesson. Learn about the food industry. All your other business are just that- other businesses!

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for being a long time Jenny Craig client, we value your feedback. We're sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the food. We can assure you that we are just as passionate about our food quality as we are helping our clients change their lives and meet their health goals. While HIG Capital did recently acquire Jenny Craig, all operations are ran by the CEO, Monty Sharma. Mr. Sharma has been the CEO of Jenny Craig since 2013.

We strive to provide a menu full of fresh ingredients and variety to appeal to the tastes of many. At times we may renovate a dish to improve the overall macro-nutrients to ensure our menus continue to maximize our clients weight loss. While a supplier may change occasionally, we have very strict quality guidelines including dishes passing a panel taste test prior to being released to our clients. All food is weighed prior to being placed in the plastic dish to ensure the client is receiving the appropriate portion. The bump in the tray is there to make sure the food is heated evenly while cooking.

We're happy we were able to help you throughout the years and hope to be able to assist you in the future if needed. Thank you again for your feedback, it will be shared with our team internally.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

My experience with Jenny Craig has been good. It was recommended to me by somebody at work and their consultants were very good. I was in their program for about a year and I've seen progress. Their menu plan was easy enough. I just went in and got whatever weeks’ food they told me I was up for, and the ravioli was my favorite. However, it was getting to be too costly and I’ve been able to maintain my weight so I’ve not gone in a couple months. Except for the cost, Jenny Craig would be ideal. I’d still be on it.

Hi Rick,

Congratulations on your success, that is great news! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the food and found the menu plan easy to follow. We wish you all the best with your health goals and hope to support you in the future!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I liked how Jenny Craig's weight loss program was very structured and there is a one-on-one counselor. I went with them and the consultant I had, Shannon, was fantastic. Thus far, I've lost weight and the meals have been of good quality. At first, I found that the portion sizes are so small. Now, I don't notice that anymore and it's a great thing that I've gotten used to the small portion size. Also, I like how I can substitute if there's something that I don't like. However, I'm over a lot of the food, even the ones that I like 'cause the meals have been the same thing for many months. There are four weeks of variety but then I start over again.

Hi Malissa,

Congratulations on your success, that is great! Our goal at Jenny Craig is to help our clients build healthy habits with routine and structure. The routine is meeting with a Consultant once a week and the structure is our Full Planned Menu. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your feedback will be shared with the proper internal teams.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I just love the way the people at Jenny Craig care about you. They’re all personally invested – even my counselors – and they would carry my bags, because I’m 63. So they would carry your bag to the door if you need them to. They’re all beautiful, courteous gals. I couldn’t ask for a better group. The consultants are all wonderful. Right now, I have a girl named Donna. But before that, I had Debbie and she just motivated me every week. The best she did were to encourage me and to teach me how to get more active.

I stayed with the program for five years. My son was getting married in 2012 and I needed to lose 30 lbs. I had a friend who did Jenny Craig and she lost a lot of weight. So I did it and I lost 30 lbs. But then I got sick and my doctors told me I needed to put some weight on. I got cancer and I had chemo. So I took the weight on but I took it off. Just this month, I took off 30 more pounds. They consider me one of their heroes in the shop. When I was getting off the meal plan, I was afraid to eat store food because I thought I’d gain the weight back. It was so stupid. But the Jenny Craig meals are great. I even asked who makes it. I loved all the breakfast items and some of the lunches. Sometimes, I would order something over and over until I got tired of it. Then I would do the same to another thing. I would get obsessed with it. Like the little tuna and chicken salad – right now, that’s my go-to lunch.

Hi Patty,

Thank you for your review. We know how important it is to have the support and guidance from your Consultant while on your weight loss journey. We're glad you had a great experience and hope to continue help you reach your goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I love Jenny Craig. They're great. I lost over 100 pounds with them. I went from a size nearly 16 to a zero. I saw Jenny Craig on a commercial on television, but I didn't think I could afford it because I had to buy the food. But I was able to afford it about two years ago, and I was getting so fat. I looked like a Goodyear blimp. So, I went in there and started their program. My councilor is the greatest.

Jenny Craig's menu plan is great. They change it every once in a while if you don't like something. I'm sort of on their maintenance diet now. Before I was on maintenance, I was only allowed to change three things. Now, I just put in what I want and I get it like that. But their food is fantastic. Their French toast is better than a restaurant. So, I've been having a great time with their menu. I don't eat a lot of regular food. Once a week, I'll eat a slice of pizza, but for the most part, I eat Jenny breakfast, I'll eat something that I want for lunch, and then I'll eat a Jenny dinner. For their snacks, there's this lava cake you put in the microwave for 22 seconds, and all the chocolate sauce comes out of it. It's like, "That's a diet?" I've been very happy on their menu. And I go once a week, get weighed in.

The counselors were wonderful. They're passionate, they really want you to succeed, and they help you out. I gained a couple of pounds this week and I was very upset, but they're compassionate and they really help you and they talk to you. And the food is really good. Some things aren't that great, but for the most part, 90% of it is fantastic. Even my husband likes some of it and he doesn't like food. So, it's a great plan and I'm so happy I went on it.

Hi Cindy,

Congratulations on your 100 lbs loss, that is fantastic! The best part of Jenny Craig is that you can still lose weight and you don't have to give up some of your favorite foods, like pizza or chocolate cake. We are so glad to hear you've had a great experience and we hope to continue supporting you.

Thank you again and have a great day,

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I had used Weight Watchers and lost weight, and then I gained some of it back. The points were very overwhelming and there were too many choices. I didn’t really like making my own food. I looked up Jenny Craig and saw how the food was just easy. I didn’t have to think. The menus were all right there and I could just follow it easily and pop them in the microwave. I like the breakfast a lot. I also like the coffee cake, the pancakes and the cinnamon rolls. I like the ranch melt too. For lunch, I like the spaghetti and the pizzas, but they're gone now. I really like the triple chocolate cheesecake, burrito and meatloaf. But I liked the meatloaf better with the ketchup before they changed it to the gravy.

I have Marie as personal consultant and and she's always very positive. She's always happy and very encouraging. She asks questions. She cares about me as a person when I tell her other things that are going on. She lets me pick days for the menu of my food. I like that because I'm really, really picky and I don’t like eggs. I pick seven days out of the whole month of menus. But what I don’t like is that there are so much eggs on there. I wish there were less because then a lot of my switches are due to the breakfast so I can't switch other things. I like the sweet desserts more than the snack desserts. Sometimes if it doesn’t match, that’s hard 'cause then I get stuck with a lot of snack stuff instead of the treat stuff because of the whole egg thing. But I made it work. And I've actually recommended Jenny Craig to people.

Hi Tracy,

On Jenny Craig, you will never have to worry about counting points or cooking your meals. Our dietitians have put together a Full Balanced Menu which has all the appropriate nutrients needed to promote a healthy weight loss. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, this will be shared with the proper teams. We are glad to be able to support you with your health goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I've always heard about Jenny Craig on commercials and online, and for a long time, I've always been struggling with my weight and do the medicine and my weight always been going up and down, and also the stress. It's always been like a New Year's resolution to work out and to lose weight. Two years ago, I wanted to do it, but unfortunately, I broke my foot and I wasn't going to do it. I've heard that Jenny Craig was more easier to keep track of the food, and plus the food was more tastier, and also that you will be able to keep your weight off better than the other food. My grandma was on Nutrisystem, but after she lost the weight, she just gained it back as soon as she was off of it. So when I was all healed up, I decided to go with Jenny Craig on October of last year and start. I've been on it ever since then.

Kylie has been great with me and also my mom. We've gotten really close with her. And she's been helping me keep track of my weight and my diet each week. She's been on me constantly every week if I gained weight or if I haven't really lost any. She helps if I have any other food or something I can try that's low calories but also tastes good. She's been helping really good. The new employee has been helping as well and she's really nice too.

I love the menu plan. I'm on the low calorie ones and all the food is delicious. I keep myself on a schedule. I try to get up as early as I can, and I eat every two hours. I try to work out for like 30 minutes a day, for three or four times a week at best. I walk every day or at least three times a week on the treadmill, and stay on the menu as I can, and to not give in to any temptations. The menus are really good and Kylie tries to put as many food that I like as I can. We try to keep up like I can replace at least three things that I don't like and replace it with other food on a menu that I do like. Even with the new food that they bring in, they're just as good as the old food.

The first goal right now is to get down to 200 pounds. And my overall goal was to get down to at least around 134 for my height. When I first started, I was 276 and now, I'm down to 202. Jenny Craig is a really good diet and it's a really good experience. It is really life-changing. My family members have noticed that I looked like my old self. My aunt is now on it and she's losing weight as well.

Hi Celeste,

Thank you for sharing your experience since being on the program. The great part about Jenny Craig is we not only help you lose the weight, we also teach you how to keep it off with our Maintenance program. Your personal Consultant will guide you on how to build healthy meals on your own as you transition off the Jenny Craig foods. We hope to continue to support you throughout your weight loss journey!

Jenny Craig Company Information