Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Jenny Craig is a weight loss and wellness company that provides personalized support to help members lose weight and keep it off. The program provides custom, one-on-one encouragement and guidance from a highly trained consultant every week. Jenny Craig also provides convenient, nutritionally balanced menus with more than 100 delicious, ready-to-eat menu items crafted by the company’s chefs. Jenny Craig has been successfully helping people achieve and maintain their weight loss goals for over 30 years with its scientifically proven program.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Jenny Craig Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I’ve been on the Jenny Craig program since January 24, 2020 when I received my first food delivery. I am on the 60-day plan and I am scheduled to receive two weeks' worth of food every other Friday. My second delivery was supposed to arrive on Friday, February 7th. However, the package was delayed with an expected arrival date of Monday, February 10th. As the delivery includes frozen, perishable items, I will now receive a new order which is expected to arrive Wednesday, February 12th. This means I will be off the program for five days due to all the delays. The only difference I found was that my first order was shipped out 2 days prior to delivery, while the second order was shipped 1 day prior. Both were shipped via UPS Ground.

I contacted customer service and their response was they could not control shipping delays. However, I find the company’s response unsettling. Part of my weight loss journey is to remain consistent and to follow the plan I’ve paid hundreds of dollars to receive. In this instance, I cannot consistently follow the program if Jenny Craig cannot deliver on time.

Hi Heide,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with our Manager and allowing us to address this with you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

For a diet plan, I have no complaints about the food taste, but I do wish they offered more allergen-free choices. Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy free, etc. My biggest issue, however, lies with Jenny Craig's poor packaging practices. I wish the company would use more environmentally friendly packaging to not only package their food, but mail their products as well. The HUGE STYROFOAM shipping crates are not recyclable and most their frozen meals come in plastic wrappers, plastic containers and waxed cardboard boxes. I would love to see the company move to more sustainable products such as sugar cane or wheat fiber compostable bowls/trays, less plastic/cardboard and NO MORE STYROFOAM!! Come on Jenny - It's 2020 and it's time to update your packaging!! I already feel guilty enough about my weight. It's not necessary in this day and age for me to feel guilty about your packaging too!

Hi Christine!

We appreciate your feedback. Throughout the year of 2019 we worked very hard to introduce new eco-friendly coolers. As of this January, we no longer use Styrofoam coolers. 100% of our orders are shipped with our eco-friendly packaging. Our new packaging is made with Green Cell Foam insulation that is 100% compostable and water soluble. Other Innovate features of the Green Cell Foam compostable insulation include:

- Dissolves in freshwater or seawater, allowing small pieces to be placed in the sink that safely "melt" down the drain.
    - Can be placed in a bucket of water to sit overnight, creating an ideal plant food mixture

- Burns cleanly in fireplaces, fire pits and power plants, and can be used to start your barbecue

Our outer box is also smaller and 100% recyclable. We'll be saving over 770 trees per year just by switching to the smaller delivery box. It's valuable feedback like yours that drove us to make this change.

We hope this helps clear up your concerns. Thank you again for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Food tastes good, but... while the food tasted good, I was left after every frozen meal with stomach cramping and diarrhea. I’ve eaten diet frozen meals before and have never had such a bad reaction. Bummer, because the few meals I did eat tasted good. I was careful to make sure I wasn’t allergic to any ingredients on the labels. Customer service sadly wasn’t any help.

Hi Heidi,

We're sorry to her about your experience. Them symptoms you described sounds like your body was doing some adjustment. At times those symptoms may occur with an increased fiber intake. Changing the kind of veggies you eat or fruit can help you reduce the fiber you are eating until your body gets used to increased fiber. We wish you all the best on your healthy journey.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I phoned in 5 minutes right after my order was placed to modify my order. I spoke to Kylie operator 6190 and explained to him that I accidentally selected the wrong menu, I need the vegetarian menu and he said “sorry, I can’t modify it. You can cancel and we charge you $99 for cancellation “ I am outraged that Jenny Craig customer service is so unprofessional and non accommodating, nonetheless I called less than 5 minutes after my order was placed.

Hi Jessica,

We see you were able to resolve this with our Customer Service team. Should you need further assistance, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-536-6922.

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I thought this was so easy and the food is delicious. I didn't give 5 stars only because I would like to see more choices and less expensive but overall I will do it again! Thanks to Jenny and the girls in Bluffton SC.

Lori

Hi Lori,

We are glad to hear you had a great connection with your Coach and found the menu easy to follow. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your feedback will be shared with the proper internal teams. We hope to support you with your goals in the future!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenny Craig?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

The meals at Jenny Craig have a good variety. Some of them I love and some of them could be better. I can't get everything 100% satisfaction on all the meals but I do like the fact that we can change the stuff that we absolutely don't like. I would like a little more ethnicity in the cuisines, like Chinese or Mexican, and more vegetarian options. Right now, the vegetarian options are really limited. If at all, Jenny Craig has a vegetarian joining, they're gonna get really bored with the options pretty soon. But some of my favorite meals are the ham and swiss baguette or the tuna salad, the beef merlot or the smoked carnitas, the ranch melt and the chicken ranch melt. Some of those are my favorite. I love carbs.

At Jenny Craig, there are no food restrictions on the diet plan and that's important for me because I want to eat everything including sweet items. I don't believe in giving up items when it comes to food control because then what happens when you binge the next time? I do get portion control but it was important that whichever plan I choose would have all the food groups.

So far, things are working great. I have been able to fit into my clothes that I've kept in my cupboard for the past four years. Those clothes are now loose too, so I regret the previous size clothes that I gave away. I had clothes ranging all sizes. But I don't have any more clothes in my closet. Carrie, my personal consultant, is fantastic too. She is very upbeat and she encourages us all the time. There are times when like right now, I'm in a plateau and I keep focusing on why I'm not losing weight but she always draws attention to how much weight I have already lost. It's just those small things that help us focus on what we need to do as well as her sunny personality that impresses me.

Hi Sueyanne,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu items, that is a great idea to add more Chinese and Mexican dishes. We aim to keep our menu fresh and full of variety to appeal to the tastes of many. Your suggestions will be shared with the proper teams. We're glad you enjoy the menu and we hope to continue to support you reach your goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I wanted to lose my weight and just needed some help having a meal, steps of everything accordingly. My mom used to use Jenny Craig many years ago and since I was in an urgent need of losing weight, I got an offer from the TV announcement so that was who I went through. When I went in there the first time, I wanted to be seen on the same day and at the same time that I was there ‘cause that was my availability. But I was turned off. They told me that I couldn't because I would have to set up an appointment and so I did. I was only available like on a weekend so I did it on a Saturday. But that’s my experience for the beginning.

The weekly that I was there, my service was on a Sunday, I was able to go early in the morning, get everything done, and then that would start my whole week. The food and the new stuff that I even tried were all excellent. I was six months in the program, but it's been two months already that I stopped, and the reason was that I’m under a doctor’s care, whereas I'm not able to consume a lot of dairy products at this moment. I spoke to the person that attends to me about it and nothing has been said as of now. I paid for a membership for the whole year or two and I wanted to see if, because there is a medical reason, not being able to continue to proceed, or if there’s something that they can do, or get my money back. I haven’t heard anything since then.

If there’s a time and place where Jenny Craig can receive a customer right there and then, like “Hey, this is what we have. At this moment, we cannot attend to you, but here are all these documents and paperwork. You're welcome to come back on your appointment if you really want it,” it would be an option that they might wanna consider. If I really wanted right there and then, I would have gone to someone else ‘cause I didn't have that. But because of the benefits that I had and because Jenny Craig is right around the corner of my house, I’m 10 minutes away, I waited a whole week to get an appointment set up. Overall, I would recommend them.

Hi Oralia,

Thank you for your review. You are absolutely right, with Jenny Craig we give you everything you need to start losing weight as soon as possible. We provide full nutritionally balanced menus developed by our dietitians and we encourage you to meet with your Coach once a week to stay on plan. We wish you all the best with your weight loss goals!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I really like the convenience of having the Jenny Craig menu and that I can have my meals all planned out for me. All of the meals, basically, is really good. I enjoy the breakfast but I’m not really crazy on the fried chicken. My consultant assists me with how I need to have my menu tailored a little bit. She’s good and she does what she needs to do. We did measurements at first and we talked about what were the expectations and opportunities. And the program has been very successful for me. I’ve lost over 25 pounds in a year and I’ve lost lots of inches.

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on your 25 lbs, that is fantastic! With Jenny Craig, you will never have to worry about planning your meals, counting calories or points. We have done all the hard work for you. We're glad you have a great connection with your coach and that you've had a great experience!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

After a very long process of choice, Jenny Craig's weight loss program is a little bit more attractive and I went with it. Everything is good. With a few exceptions on the meals, it was surprisingly good overall. I'm not a very picky guy and so if I don't like cookies, then I don't take cookies. Everything else, I can eat. So, it's very simple. The program is not completely finished yet, but I'm very, very close to my goal now. And if it will stay like right now, then it will be great.

Hi Yuri,

Congratulations on your progress and being close to your goal! We understand you may not like everything on the menu, with the help of your coach, they will be able to help create a meal plan that is tasty and still help you lose weight. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you!

Jenny Craig Service Operations Manager

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I did the Jenny Craig program several years ago and I heard about it through a friend who did it. I made a decision to take some weight off. I went in and faced the scale and both times I’ve done the program, the representative has been professional, kind, understanding and encouraging. So, overall, the initial interactions were excellent. The weekly visit keeps you accountable but I’ve been on the program for over a year and I’m starting to backslide. It’s hard to go in and face the music when you haven't followed the program but at the same time, once I get in there and I meet with my representative, I get an encouraging tone. The weekly visits are great because you’re going in, you know you’ve lost weight and everything’s good. It’s a little tougher when you’re struggling but still beneficial in that they provide encouragement.

The results are terrific if you follow the program and I like Jenny Craig because I like getting three meals, snacks and even a dessert. That’s how I eat and I can’t do tricks. So, with the program, the food is great. A lot of people talk to me about Jenny Craig and since I’m a private person, in the beginning, I didn't tell anybody I was on it, other than my family and close friends. I would hide my Jenny Craig container from people I work with and just bring my entrée in to heat up in the microwave and then put it on a real plate. As time went on, there were so many people doing so many things, Keto and Whole30 and Weight Watchers and the other one with Marie Osmond, and I started talking about it.

People were very interested because they wanna know what you’re eating. It’s appealing to a lot of people that you don’t even feel like you’re on a diet because you’re not really on a diet but on an eating program. So, I encouraged people to check it out. Jenny Craig can accommodate diabetics and I’ve encouraged a friend who’s a diabetic to try it because he’s not having success with anything he does. It’s a worthwhile program to share with people. It’s good and it has been around a long time and people are familiar with the name.

Hi Gina,

Congratulations on your progress, that is great! You are absolutely right, meeting with your Consultant once a week holds your accountable and they will help you create a plan for the upcoming week to stay on track. We're glad to hear you've had a great experience and relationship with the Consultants. Thank you for being a valued member, we hope to continue supporting you with your goals!

Jenny Craig Company Information