2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I had a nightmare experience with Two Men And a Truck. The job was to do a relatively simple move of my bed frame, desk and appliances. The inexperienced movers they sent on this job disconnected the water line to my refrigerator without shutting off the main water and I ended with 30+ gallons of water flooding my kitchen, dry wall, and cabinetry.

I called their supervisor (Clayton **) to inform him of the situation. He then called the owner of the Kissimmee location (Jonathan **) who instructed his guys to cancel the job immediately because they knew they messed up BAD! They then unloaded all my belongings from the truck, and dropped them in my oil stained garage and left!!! At all cost, AVOID two men and a truck. This experience was completely unacceptable - I am bringing this case to the Better Business Bureau as well as small claims!

Original review: April 9, 2020

We used Two Men And A Truck in Alpharetta, GA for a local move a few months ago. Not completely satisfied with the moving service. One Word - Inefficient.

Two men were assigned to move furniture and boxes. While they did all the heavy lifting, I did not appreciate the time it took for them to complete the job. Actually, they did not complete the move within the 6 hours that was quoted based on volume and weight. The guys took their time.

One of the guys was not focused at the task at hand that he found time for small talk. The same guy took 30 minutes disassembling and 30 minutes assembling a dining table. It was unnecessary and took time away helping the other guy with moving. The other guy broke one of the furniture pieces when it was unloaded in the new house. Instead of being accountable for the damage, they blamed the furniture for being cheap and low-quality. Lost time arguing about whose fault it was. Not only were we left with the task of moving the items left behind in the old house, we also had to wait for two weeks for the damage check to be issued. We will not use Two Men and a Truck for our future moving needs.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I hired Two Men And A Truck on February 28th from the Mt. Kisco location and from start to finish. It was a horrible experience. I moved my mom who lives in a one bedroom apartment and she was moving to another one bedroom apartment about 6 blocks away. The two movers arrived unprepared. They did not have any tools on them to disassemble the furniture. When we questioned this they mentioned that their company does not provide tools. My middle age mom had to provide basic screwdrivers and allen keys in order for them to complete this task. The movers asked my sister who just came off a recent c-section if she could take care of removing the TV off the stand, which was RIDICULOUS! These guys were so slow that my sister had to assist them in disassembling the dining room table and assist them. She also assisted in assembling the furniture at the new location.

The movers arrived at 9:30am and were completed by 7:00pm, there were times that my sister would go looking for them and they were not on the truck or anywhere, which clearly they were taking too many breaks to slow down the process. They blamed the elevator as we were on the 19th floor yet the new location there was a dedicated elevator going up to the 2nd floor. The hours for a one bedroom move simply does not add up! The movers also did not advise us that another mover was required for this project to help speed things up. I escalated the issue of excessive time to complete the move, the lack of tools and the manager (Milton) argued with me the entire time. He lacks customer service skills and basically supported whatever lies his movers shared with him. The movers and manager were completely unprofessional.

Lastly, the movers also advised us that the insurance was not necessary, so we opted out of it then they ended up destroying my mom's credenza. We made a claim after the move and it was denied. I would stay away from this company. They don't deserve to be in business. I was quoted $600-800 and based on the amount of hours it took to complete such a simple move it totaled to $1,500. I had to fight with Milton to get it down to $1,155. It was a horrible experience!!! It was literally the WORST move company I ever dealt with. You will be sorry if you use them. The whole experience was BAD!! Stay away from this company!

Original review: March 2, 2020

The Panama City office is horrible. They stole my spare car keys & were able to steal some jewelry I had in my car along with silver dollars. They stole a penny collection from a box they moved. They scratched & broke almost every piece of furniture I have. They broke my China cabinet & the one guy I thought might be decent, lied & said they didn't. I feel they took advantage bc I'm a single woman. The manager DJ is a creep. If Anthony is going to move you, refuse. But just don't hire them!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

My move occurred in November 2019 and it was one of the worst moves ever. I have moved around the country with no issues but somehow going :40 minutes away seemed too much for this company. It started with the team leader who started grumbling because we had them do some packing. The packing was haphazard and because of that we wound up with many items broken. Then as they started delivering items to our new home they didn't have any more mats and didn't have any padding for the for the banisters or doors. This lead to lots of nicks, scrapes, and scratches to the trim, doors and drywall as well as dirty white carpeting. FYI- the home had been freshly painted and carpets cleaned before we moved in.

Then when they were bringing in a large armoire that was purchased for $4000. They broke the foot off and now we have rigged up so it won't fall over. In order to get the armoire in the house, they took the garage man door off. When they were going back to the old house for another load they propped it up. Of course they forgot it was propped up and the door slammed on the ground. Putting a gouge in the wood floors and completely damaging the door lockset beyond repair.

In addition, they randomly left things out on the back patio without telling us in the middle of winter, left about 10% of our household items at the old house, threw anything they delivered later in the evening randomly into the garage and started to get a very "who cares" attitude late in the day. To top it off they broke my 11 year old daughter's snow globe without telling us. I found out about it when I found broken glass from it on a bookshelf & in the carpet. The snow globe was nowhere in sight. So later that night I was lucky enough to clean up broken glass & explain to my daughter how the snow globe, which was a present from her grandmother, was now broken.

Worst of all was Justin, their million dollar sales club winner, who completely underestimated the job. This added to the stress of his workers because they had a very long day and added to the stress of my family who had to get a young girl to school in the morning. Then as they are telling us that we owe them additional $1546.18 at 10 PM at night they pull out the scare tactics. The entire crew stood around my husband in the kitchen as he discussed with Mike the increase in our bill. Mike would not leave until we put the entire amount on our credit card. He said to call Brandon, the manager to have him reduce the bill the next day. Of course, Brandon refused to reduce the bill and was very rude.

So all in all we got to pay more for a million dollar sales person to underestimate our job, for the crew to show up without the proper equipment, for items to be damaged, our home to be damaged, to listen to infighting of the crew on how best to move items, inefficient use of manpower & trucks and then to be intimidated in our own house. Though we did agree to pay them for some additional time for packing, they decided what was fair for the damages and just credited it back to card without our agreement. It wasn't nearly enough for the damages that were caused and headaches they caused.

Funny part is we paid more for their terrible service than we would've paid for the full service movers we were going to go with. And just to be decent people we fed the crew & even tipped them because we felt they were put in a no win situation. Don't be fooled by their low estimates, and their catchy slogan about "treating you like they would treat their own grandmother". I wouldn't treat my worst enemy this poorly!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

WARNING! SOME ADVICE! DO NOT hire Two Men and a Truck as your moving company, due to the fact that the entire company is corrupt and incompetent! They may falsely accuse your current residence of having a serious issue, such as bed bugs, which is FALSE! Employees with the company will state that they took pictures with a smart phone of this evidence, although you will not be present at the time, which makes the evidence FALSE! The employees, ALSO CANNOT show you evidence of an issue with your current residence in person, which makes the issue FALSE! Bed bugs are supposed to bite you at night when you are sleeping, and leave red marks all over your body. If you do not have these marks, this makes the evidence FALSE that the company accused you of having in your residence.

When you tell the truth in regards to the company's horrible customer service, corporate will state that they have a 96% referral rate, which is most likely FALSE! If you report the company to the Better Business Bureau, they will not respond to the complaint until six days after the deadline they are supposed to respond, therefore, what they stated was wrong with your previous residence is FALSE, due to the fact that they need extra time to respond to a complaint with a good “made up” story. The employees will also charge you $555.00 to move eight items from one residence to another residence approximately five miles in distance away from each other. Your moving assistance from the company will then be canceled.

Bed bugs actually tend to “leap” from one surface to another, therefore if someone that previously moved with the company did indeed have bed bugs and their items were loaded on a moving truck and you decide to move with the company, your residence may become invested with bed bugs. Once again, DO NOT hire Two Men and a Truck to be your moving company!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I needed to move 45 minutes away to a new location. They charged me interstate fees of $1700, even though I moved all the boxes with a Uhaul truck and they only had to move the big heavy furniture, they still charged me $1700 initial fee. I wanted it to go to their storage while my new house was having new flooring installed so later I found out I would have more charges when they brought it to me.

When I called to get it out of storage they wanted to charge me interstate fees again, and I told them I was only 15 minutes from their location. She finally said it would be half of the $1700 because there should not be interstate charges. So now I'm thinking they overcharged me on the first charge. When my furniture was brought to me, a lot of the furniture had damage. Although most of it was minor, what looked like new furniture was now all dinged up and the worst damage was done to my hutch. They broke the support arm that bears the weight on one side. Although two bookcases were really damaged as well. The mover that brought it said someone had removed the pads from half my stuff.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I hired Two Men And A Truck to move my fairly new (2 and 1/2 yrs old) stainless steel refrigerator to a house I am purchasing and bring other back to my house. Cost: $260.00. I asked to buy their insurance but they said it was too new and would not sell any ins to me. I was also told not to worry, that they wrap fridges in padded blankets and fridge would be fine. But it wasn't fine. They scratched the whole front of the fridge. Light scratches but very visible. I called 2men/trk and they said they would fix it even if I did not have ins. They sent a man out to look at fridge and he said he could order a compound to use and he would fix the scratches. This happened in Aug/Sept. I did not call 2men/trk back because I thought I would have them fix this after I had moved into house so as to not bother the residents that live there.

So a few days ago I did call 2men/trk to get an estimate on moving and check about the refrigerator. I talked to Charles and he told me twice, no they are not going to fix it because I did not buy ins. I told him I was told that they would. The company I choose to move my furniture needs to be trustworthy. Not say one thing and do another. And do the right and decent thing. 2 men/trk do not have these qualities and I would never use them again and would not recommend this company to anyone I know. I did have photos and a receipt but tossed them because I thought I did not need them. My mistake to have believed them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I am a disabled American and I hired them to move my from my house to an apartment with a stop at storage unit. Movers were Micaela ** and Maurice **. They charged me $125 an hour. They did not move all my belongings due to their inability to pack the truck. They did not have any tools or enough garment to wrap and protect my valuables. Miceala was on his phone most of the day while they were stealing my properties. They also damaged and broke my valuables. They took advantage of my inability to move around to keep up with them. I had to finish the move in my SUV with help from my neighbor. They charged me for 10.5 hours of time but they wasted at least 4 hours due to their inability to disassemble my furniture or wrap them or pack the truck load correctly.

While unloading truck they stopped to talk to their friends who pulled up to the truck in SUV. They stole my properties and damaged my furniture. At the end of night they wanted to work out deal with me that instead of paying 10.5 hours to company they would charge me 6.0 hours and I pay each of them $125 each. I refused. I called the dispatch manager and voiced my complaints and nothing was done. She told me to fill out insurance claim form. While attempting to do that the form wants me to download receipt of purchase. How many Americans still have all their receipt of purchase of products that they have purchased. I want to warn my fellow Americans to stay far from this company. Also missing boxes.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Got three men instead of two but it made no difference. The gentlemen wanted full price for moving one third of the items. Wound up getting relatives who took a day off of work (Lord bless 'em) and U Haul to move the other two thirds for the wife. Unless you enjoy putting your neck in the noose and jumping off the cliff, do not raise your blood pressure to astronomical limits dealing with these individuals. I "appreciated" their reason for not moving the dresser because of their declaration of a "roach infestation" after moving about twenty boxes into their truck. Hmm, wouldn't roaches be in the boxes too, genius? Considering the house had no heat for a year and no one eating food there for four months, I seriously doubt it. If you don't want to work, just say so. If I could give a negative five stars I would. 17

Two Men And a Truck Company Information