2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I bought a treadmill from a fitness centre that was selling their used equipment for new ones. The company offered a delivery service of $200 and assured buyers the movers would put the equipment where you wanted it, provided there was an easy passage and not dangerous. When Two Men and a Truck showed up to my house they let me know they would NOT be putting the treadmill in the basement but would be leaving it on the main floor. Whoever heard of a treadmill in your living room.

After discussing this with them they told me it was too heavy to lift. Three guys were having a difficult time lifting a treadmill, which was disassembled. They proceeded to leave it in my living room and then had the nerve to stand around waiting for me to tip them, which I didn't. I have never heard of a moving company refusing to move a treadmill up or down a flight of stairs. I had to hire another company to finish the job. Terrible experience along with nonchalant attitude from the three guys.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I hired 2 men and a truck to move a large table for me about 7 miles. Never again. The 2 men arrived on time in a nice truck.. It went downhill from there. I was at the delivery end. The 2 men were not in any kind of uniforms. It looked like they were from a labor pool company. They smelled bad and their clothing was soiled. Now the worse part. Upon entering the house, they did not lay down any carpet runners. So they tracked in yard mud across about 20 feet of my carpeting. I spend an hour with my Hoover carpet cleaner after they left... Never again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

1. Decided to leave our home because they couldn’t find a place to park even though we saved them a HUGE parking spot. I immediately called them and said there is. Saved spot and the refused to turn around. Driver said “we have to go to a bigger job.” 2. They left without telling us they weren’t staying. 3. The manager said “I don’t care ma'am. I can’t help you.”

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

They caused serious damage. They suggested 3 men while one stood and did little. They smashed my expensive washing machine while attempting to force it in the house in the wrong direction. It did not fit and then then tried to back it out and dropped and smashed it. They dented my large garage door and totally destroyed the steel door from the garage into the house. They caused a large gash in my new stairs. This damage is to a brand new house....just moving in. I can't wash clothes and it is hard to get this resolved with them. When they dropped my washing machine, they laughed hysterically. I was in shock and holding back tears while they laughed and enjoyed being stupid without common sense.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Hi, They lost my TV, Keyboard, TV cables and other items. Also missed 2 of my boxes while moving from Michigan to Illinois. Very poor team who handled the move. They even don't know that they missed until I showed them the list of items that were picked from my place. Luckily I had the list signed by the movers. After 5-6 emails and call, they replaced the TV. I had to go and pick it from the shop. Now when I speak about the two boxes, I am getting no response. Tired of followup and still no answers. Pathetic service and response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT USE TWO MEN AND A TRUCK! I can't say enough what a miserable experience using them has been. I should have read the reviews prior to hiring them. Now, I am going to do everything I can to help ruin an already tarnished reputation. I was looking forward to using a moving company and giving myself a break. Unfortunately, this move was the hardest I have ever experienced.

My husband and I had to work 14 grueling hours alongside the 2 inexperienced (2 weeks on the job), ill-equipped (no shoulder dollies and broken ramp holder), undertrained movers they sent to us. It took them 6 hours longer than estimated due to the above factors. Poor packing of the truck ensured that our 1400 sq ft house did not fit in 2 loads. At 11:30 that night, we called it quits and had to go back the next day to get the 3rd load ourselves. Their lack of training resulted in 12 boxes being dropped on the bricks. We have been compensated for that (the only good thing I can say).

At the end of the night we signed where we were told to just to be done, but I refused to pay the outrageous $2,000 bill they presented to us as it was not our fault this move took so long. I paid the highest amount on the estimate believing I was still paying too much. I tried to work with the Denver franchise about giving us a reasonable refund which resulted in them taking the unpaid balance from the debit card we gave to reserve the truck. They refuse to acknowledge that the move took too long and give us any refund because we signed the fine print. It doesn't matter to them what the circumstances were...we signed is their only response. We would have been better off having friends and family move us for pizza & beer. Two Men and a Truck are not "movers who care", they are Two Men and a Truck, who don't give a **.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Brian and Luis did a superb job moving our heavy furniture, including a large armoire, two heavy workbenches and a bunch of other stuff. They were fast, professional and put everything exactly where it was supposed to go. Best of all, they did it all without the slightest scratch! Considering the difficult maneuvers they went through moving our armoire, I almost wonder they had Super Man emblems hidden under their shirts!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Did not secure my projection tv on wheels causing slight damage to back of tv cabinet but tv remained in working order. Wrapped my china buffet glass shelves in blankets but laid on the floor at new house. Did not tell anyone glass was in blankets causing family member to step on 3 glass shelves causing breakage.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

They claim to be professional they are not. My stuff was not plastic wrapped. Draws fell out and broke. There was so much damage done to my belongings. I had to call manager 3 times cause I didn't know I would have to babysit movers. I did not trust them alone it was evident they did not want to be working they wanted to break my banister to get a price of furniture down stairs. Stupids got stuck in my hallway for 40 mins eventually the manager came and assisted but he was a total clown too. I regret hiring them and if you think they gonna pay for damage they did. You're out of your mind. They will give you the runaround.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

THIS COMPANY IS JUST AWFUL! DO NOT USE THEM! I booked these people because they told me that they would be able to disassemble my couch, move it to the new apartment, and then reassemble it there. Once the movers got there, I was informed that they would not be able to take the couch apart and instead, referred me to another company to come and do it for me, costing me even more money. I immediately called the 2 Men and a Truck and asked for clarification because I was promised that they would move my couch, included with all of my other belongings. I was quickly connected to the manager with my complaint where I was told that there was a miscommunication on my end and that I did not explain clearly enough when I told them that I had a three seater sofa that was built in my apartment because of the size of it.

They made the ASSUMPTION that my couch was a sectional based on that explanation and promised me three times that they would be able to move that for me. I explained to the manager that I was promised that the couch would be moved, and now, the day of the move, I am being told that it is impossible and to spend more money to go and hire another company to come in to disassemble and move the couch. Not only was this incredibly frustrating, but, in my opinion, extremely rude. The manager even said during our time on the phone that if he was the one who took my call when I booked their service, he would have asked to make sure it was a sectional couch and that the fact it wasn't asked when I called was a "miscommunication".

The manager told me that instead of going back and forth with me, he was going to talk to his manager, and see if there was anything that could be done and that either himself or the person he was going to talk to would get back to me. Now, one week after the move, I am still waiting for that call and am thinking it was just a way to get me to stop complaining.

The unprofessionalism regarding this company is astonishing and it should be known that, even though their slogan is "The movers that care", they quite honestly do NOT care about you at all. They just want to make as much money as they can possibly make, even if it is at the expense of the person moving. And on top of this, if it could not be any worse at all, my phone charger, which was plugged in at the time of the move, was STOLEN. This company is truly awful and I beg of you, do not make the same mistake that I made. Find a different moving company if you ever need to move. If you choose 2 Men and a Truck, you will be left with a headache, a couch, and stolen items.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information