3.79/5
Based on 386 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 24, 2018

424 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

Tristar Electric Pressure Cooker PPC770 - This is a good product. Used it with good results. Problem with opening the pot it was at time hard. It did require some small amount of effort. The result was that after several time of that difficult opening the inner pot sustain a new shape. The shape flat on one side made it difficult to us. Now the inner pot will not fit into the cooker. I will take it out to the backyard with a wooden mallet. I will attempt to fix the pot. I cannot find a suitable replacement inner pot.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 16, 2018

4 months after purchase... we had to replace AirFryer XL once with Amazon as first was defective, and now we need to replace it again since it is losing the internal paint of the outer basket. We called Tristar Products and we need to pay for shipping and pay $19.99 as the warranty is only for 60 days. DON'T BUY a product with a warranty for only 60 days! I didn't know but this is a big red flag of a crappy product.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We tried to use our Power Pressure Cooker over the weekend and it didn't have any instructions. We don't know anything about it and a pressure cooker is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. I can fool around with the old timer pressure cookers, but I won't do it with this one. I called Tristar and talked to a manager lady on the phone and she was sort of rude. I told her that they gave me a $220 price the day that I bought it, and when I got the bill, it was $278. I used a debit card on top of that. And they charged $30 warranty and another $30 for a cookbook that didn't get any but canned soup in it. I told her it wasn't presented properly. And my wife opened it when she got it and she destroyed the box. So, if it hadn't been for that, I'd have sent it back before doing anything out of it. They got their money. And so, it's one of the things where you learn and live. I've considered it money thrown away.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Power Pressure Cooker is wonderful, and I have had it for a month already. Last Monday, I cooked chicken in it with vegetable. In 45 minutes, I had them done, and all I did was make up some gravy and mashed potatoes. It is easy to clean and I can leave it and not worry about it. And it turns down to just warm by itself and it stays warm. It is also pretty well-made. Also, when I bought it, I thought that I could use it for canning, too.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We wanted to have a Power pressure cooker and speed up the cooking process. It has a very good quality, and the meals are coming out quicker. We've had it for four months and used it twice. And we used it last night, and it turned out good. The only thing is they didn't give instructions on it as far as what rack to use for what. They didn't really have any picture illustrations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Original review: April 2, 2018

Pressure cookers sounded intriguing to me. I bought a Power Pressure Cooker and have had it for probably a year now. My wife uses it a little bit and we use it maybe twice a month. However, I’m a little bit concerned about the possibility of the gasket not lasting because there have been some cases where the gasket failed and then some people got hurt. Nonetheless, I bought another one for a friend of mine for his wedding.

Hi Don,

In regard to your concern, please make sure to clean the gasket every after use. Please like and follow us on Facebook

Original review: April 1, 2018

I've owned my Copper Chef cookware for a couple of months and it has been holding up well. I got it mostly because the infomercials made it sound so fabulous for a non-stick pan and I would be able to use it in the oven. I've only used the cookware three or four times and it was wonderful with the non-stick feature. I’ve been very satisfied with it.

Hi Angela,

Thank you so much for the great review! We highly appreciate the feedback and experience that you shared using Copper Chef. Please like and follow us on Facebook

Original review: March 31, 2018

I don’t want my eggs sticking to the pan. I like to try different pans and I saw that Copper Chef was good to try out. I have the cookware for about two years and it's still effective doing what it needs to do. I’ve mentioned to friends to try it out, particularly people that I know they have kids to get married, for wedding gifts. It’s something different.

Original review: March 30, 2018

After watching the guy cooking with it, and Power Pressure Cooker sounded interesting. I also searched them online and I saw that the other one had some problems and people complained about it so that's why I decided to go with Power Pressure Cooker. I ordered one for me and one for my daughter. We couldn't get the 10 quart we got to work right, so I finally got this one last week and we actually used it again last night and it was good. My wife made some stuff in there and came out good and it was quick. I like the speed that it cooks in. We also got their Power Air Fryer Oven, and the quality of their items are good. The new one was great, too. It saves a lot of time in cooking, and, in fact, we are going to line up using ours again in a couple more days. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We needed something that can afford more heat because we were trying to give our daughter healthy food. Copper Chef seems to work better and healthier than the cookware we used before. When you cook with other cookware, you can see the paint on them. My wife bought our first Copper Chef cookware from the store near my house and it was good and then she told me to get another on the internet. So we ordered a big one to cook rice or soup and I decided to get another one to fry fillet fish. The ones that we bought looks good, works well and easy to clean. And my wife is happy with them. Thank you for thinking of our health, Copper Chef.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My parents asked for Copper Chef, so I bought it to them as gifts. Originally, it was a retail store purchase, but then I purchased online. Then I bought two sets with the infrared cooktop as wedding gifts that was coming up within several months. One of the set was fine but the second set, the cooktop was completely shattered when the couple opened it. Apparently, when it was in transit, something had pierced through the box and poked the glass of the cooktop. called the company, but they said that it had been too long and they wouldn’t do anything about it. So I ended up ordering another cooktop for the couple. It was ridiculous and they wouldn't help me at all.

My wife and I got the same set and had used it as well and I like the big one used for frying in certain amounts of oil because it doesn’t splatter out so bad. The quality of the cookware is good and I'm satisfied with it, except for the infrared cooktop. I won’t order again from them just because they didn’t help me out with that situation with the cooktop.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Somebody I know had a cookware from Power Pressure Cooker which I had been using at work. I got one, too, to cook roasts, ribs and can them. I got two of the 10 quarts and a little skillet. I have the cookware for about three months now and so far, I have trouble with the pressure cooker. It doesn’t always want to seal and I’ve tried all the troubleshooting online because surely I’m doing something wrong. I never had any trouble with my friend’s, though it was a smaller one. But I still like the items I got from Power Pressure Cooker. They're pretty neat.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2018

I was intrigued by Copper Chef because it wasn’t supposed to scratch or mar or burn down and because of the easy clean-up. I thought it was going to work and it didn’t. I've had it for over a year and it has all kinds of scratches. It has chips out of it, stuff burns in it, and I have to use a Dobie pad and baking soda sometimes to get it cleaned up. It scratches, dents, and it has gouges. You would think I had taken a metal to it. But I’m 74 years old and I know not to use metal on pans. I don’t own any metal utensils. I have plastic. I have no idea why it was scratched and has pits in it.

I have complained twice about it but I got nothing. Every time I call, they say, “Well, you’re supposed to get a welcome packet.” All I got was a box and there was nothing in it. I was supposed to get a thing for $100 worth of free groceries but there was nothing in the packet about that, three magazines free for a year but I never got a magazine, and a $50 coupon or Walmart gift card which I also never got. And I just got the runaround from the company twice so, I gave up.

Hi Char,

It is indicated in the owners manual of the product, other dishes or flatware may also mark the surface of the cookware. To protect the surface of the Copper Chef Pan, we do not recommend stacking other cookware inside of it during storage. Use a soft cloth to protect the coating if you must store the Pan with other cookware.

We have checked your order details and found that your last communication to our representatives was made last 05/10/2017. We see that our representatives provided you a return label, the redemption information for the coupons and was transferred to Value Plus for you to be assisted regarding the Walmart gift card.

Please reach us back if you have any other questions and concern, for us to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I've dealt with pressure cookers before and I thought Power Pressure Cooker might be a little bit more handy around the kitchen instead of the big one that I have. So I ordered that XL thinking I could use it. And if I had smaller amounts of vegetables to tend in garden, which I do a little bit, I'd be able to use it. A few times I was almost on the verge of thinking maybe the gasket doesn’t seem to seal. I've only used the cooker for a couple of months and I don't think it's worn out or should be. But I've washed it a couple of times. Perhaps there was little grease on it. The cooking is fast, but when you're factoring the time that you have to build up pressure then it becomes substantial.

It seems to be a good quality cooker. It's very sturdy and it's got weight to it. The digital control seemed to work fine. We go over to my nieces and nephews frequently and we're invited for dinner. And lots of time, it's convenient for us to bring dinner there. By using this, we could cook a big volume. We did 12 lbs. of corned beef in it Sunday and I don't think that should be too much for 10 Quart model. But once you seal it up, it's okay. I had it all done in 60 minutes.

It does cook fast. One thing it really improved the speed on the cooking was on ribs. First, I put them in the smoke for a couple of hours. But if you don’t want them smoked then you put the ribs in there. In 30-minutes those things are just coming right off the bone. That's one of the premiere things about it. I put them in the smoke for two hours and then 30-minutes in the pressure cooker and somewhat it's a little too much. I like them with a little tug, but some people like them falling off the bones.

I would think there are lots of things about it. I got a lot of learning to do yet, trying the different settings. I did some broccoli when I started and I had it on the wrong setting. Instead of putting it on vegetable, I think I had it on beans. I don't know high you set it. In five minutes I had puree. Then, we tried cabbage. We've cooked the same type each day. I guess there are different kinds of cabbages but after 20, 25 minutes they weren’t kind of good. So, I think you got to learn the time for the different vegetables.

What I like is that it's easy to do everything in one pot. You could share in one pot. And I bought the cookbook. But the recipes in there are a little bit confusing. It tells you to set the time and then it tells you to start sautéing, but you can't do that. You have to sauté first and then set your time. All of the recipes start out that way. I complained about it online and they just wrote me off. At first I thought it was the way I was reading into it but maybe it was written for a different pressure cooker. But the cooker is really great especially if you wanna do volume.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I had a pressure cooker that I absolutely loved. But then my brother also had the same one I had and it blew up on him and it scared the crap out of me so I put mine away. And the Power pressure cooker is not the same thing. It shouldn’t explode. I got to be safe because it's a push button and I'm not afraid of it. I've only cooked one thing in it but I was upset that I couldn't figure out how to change the time. It says I have to do 20 minutes and then reset the time, but it wouldn't let me. Other than that, it's a wonderful cookware and the quality seems to be very nice and dependable.

Hi Dorinda,

We are sorry to hear your experience. In regard to your concern on how to adjust the cooking time you may press the Meat and Chicken button then the time adjustment button until you reach 20 minutes. Please be informed you cannot changed the time when the cycle starts.

Thank you.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I wanted to start cooking more and quit spending so much at the grocery store every day, so I bought a Power Pressure Cooker. I got the XL, so all the accessories came with it. We have had it for a couple of months now, and, so far, we have been having fun with it. We like that it cooks faster. I've messed up a couple of times not paying attention, but everything is going good with it. I would tell my friends to get one, too. I also got the recipe book and I've cooked some recipes up, but I haven't utilized everything that it can actually do yet. I've smoked a tuna in it, I've cooked rice, and I've pressure cooked with it as well. So, it does pretty much everything. I've gotten rid of my crock pot and my rice cooker already.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We got the Power Pressure Cooker and we've had it for about 90 days. And we also got an air fryer from them. We only used the pressure cooker once and it is good overall, but the one we got was too large. There's only two of us in the family and we didn't need the large one. We also had a hard time getting the gasket to settle and it wouldn't seal. I really don't think it was a very good gasket model. We contacted their customer service and they just said to keep trying. We washed it, turned it around and worked on it. Finally, it sealed and it worked fine. In addition, we were promised a $100 worth of coupons when we got the Power Pressure Cooker, but we were never able to get those.

Hi Wallace,

Please follow this instruction to redeem your $100 grocery coupon.

1. Go to redeem redeemspot.com.
2. Complete the PIN number Request Form using the from your Power Pressure Cooker XL invoice or email confirmation. Click Submit.
3. Upon verification, you'll receive your PIN number via email within 24 hours.
4. Visit groceryrewardprogram.com and enter your PIN number for complete access to the reward portal.

5. Take advantage of the $100 in grocery coupons and other cool benefits that come with the service.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My husband bought the Power Pressure Cooker of Tristar Products. We've had the pressure cooker for a month now and it seems pretty good. I've only used it a few times and it was fine. It was easier to use than the normal pressure cooker. The quality of the Power Pressure Cooker is good. It was a good purchase and if people are going to buy this pressure cooker, that would be a good idea.

Hi Edith,

Thank you for the great review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Power Pressure Cooker. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PowerPressureCookerXL/#

Original review: March 21, 2018

I purchased a defective airfryer oven and received it in January 2018. The airfryer oven would not work the second time it was used. I called the customer service number and was told to return it with a note saying if I wanted a replacement or refund. I sent it back 5 weeks ago and was charged $31 for the shipping. I contacted customer service weekly about getting the shipping charges refunded because of the defective fryer and also to get the status of my return. I was always advised to wait a bit longer and they will update me.

I was never updated and when I called customer service the 4th week, I was told that a refund was issued but I never received a check and it was never credited to my credit card. Who received my refund? I contacted customer service at TriStar and they advised again they would keep me updated. It has been a week and still no contact from the company. How do I get my money back? I don't know what to do at this point. Very, very poor customer service.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I wanted a large capacity pressure cooker and slow cooker. My friend has a version of such cooker, and the girl I worked with also has one and she raves about how she loves fixing dinner in it. Power Pressure Cooker is a combination of both pressure and slow cooker and I’ve had one for a couple of months now. I’m more successful at getting the slow cooker part to work. I did a meatloaf and some potatoes in the cooker and I love it. I put all in there and the potatoes weren’t mushy and falling apart by the time the meatloaf was done. I also purchased the copper skillet that they have, and I love cooking in those then I can just wipe it right out.

The quality of all the items is good, but I had to take the lid a couple of times before it would actually seal when I did the test run. And then the next time I used it, it was fine but it doesn’t want to seal again after that. It works great as a slow cooker but I have not been able to get it to seal for the pressure. Once it pops the nozzle, then it starts to spew out around the lid. Maybe the inner part of the lid is warped. And then the timer won’t ever start. It just keeps circling with the dot. So, I love it as a slow cooker and it works great as a large slow cooker but I haven’t had much success with the pressure cooker part of it and getting it to seal. I'm also having a hard time getting a time that I can call when they’re still open as I’m working. Still, I would recommend Power Pressure Cooker.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My wife and I watched together a presentation for Power Pressure Cooker and we were impressed with what we heard, so she went in and ordered it. We are in the process of moving, so we’ll open the box at our next house and I hope to get some good use out of it once we start using it. We have the old type of pots and all that stuff and now that we are retired, we hope we can fix some meals with our new cooker and don’t have to stand over the stove a long time. Also, from time to time we have guests in and we can use it. Using Power Pressure Cooker is some of the best cooking one could do, so we are hoping to start eating a little healthy and be happy. We also bought one for our daughter as a gift on her birthday late this year. Both she and her husband work and they have one baby and another one on the way and the cooker would save a lot of time.

Hi Joe,

Original review: March 19, 2018

The Power Pressure Cooker seemed like it had the right features. It also seemed like a good price point. They shipped it and got it here as quick as it could. However, we ordered a small one and the large one. But we had two that was like the opposite end of the spectrum. And because they were out of the small one, they sent us some medium one and a large one at no additional cost. But still, the point was we wanted the small one because it was a little more compact. But we like the one we got, so far. It's very easy to use. Having the one step button is really helpful. We've also looked at different brands in other places, in Walmart, but the one that we got seems to be much nicer.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I’d seen the commercials about Copper Chef and I knew other people who had them and said that they liked them. So, I thought I’d give it a shot. They’re expensive, so I had to wait. I saw the pan at Walmart and bought one. I like the non-stick and I like better the ones that I bought directly online than the Walmart pans. It has better quality. With the one that I bought from Walmart, the stuff sticks.

I bought two square pans, the 9-inch and the deep one. I’ve had them for about three or four months and I love them. I use them all the time. They do have a hump in the middle where the plate heats up. But that doesn’t really bother me. It doesn’t affect the way that it cooks. The biggest adjustment was learning to cook in it because they do get so hot. So, temperature needs to go down. It heats faster than a regular one. And I do wish that they make one that was bigger. I have the biggest one you can get online, the 9-inch. But I would recommend Copper Chef. One should buy on the website though and not buy from Walmart.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I like how fast I can cook with the Power Pressure Cooker. I've got three of them. I have a 6 quarts, 8 quarts and 10 quarts. I can do ribs in one and potatoes in another. However, one fell and broke so I had to replace it. Other than that, I have no problems with them. I love them. I still talk to other people into buying them. They've gone out and purchased it just because I've told them how good and tender the ribs came out. Chicken soup was wonderful in it too. The beans cooked in 30 minutes. Everything tasted good, as well.

Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for the great review! We highly appreciate the feedback and experience that you shared using Power Pressure Cooker. Please like and follow us on Facebook

Original review: March 16, 2018

I like the ease and speed of the Power Pressure Cooker. We've had it for a month now. At first, I did not receive the copper pans. I thought they were coming through the same UPS as the pressure cooker itself. But after I called and checked it, they informed me that it came through the post office and it was sitting in the mailbox. So I got those eventually. I've used the pressure cooker a couple of times and I've had difficulty using it. It doesn't click and it doesn't pressure up. I thought it would, but not always. I was going to send it back but I didn't think it was the pressure cooker's fault. I thought maybe it was an operator error. But I'm not thrilled with it.

Also, they were supposed to send me out a return address or something by email. But I never got it. Also, the reps weren't specially customer-friendly. I bought two. I bought one for myself and one for my daughter. And I have another daughter who would like to get one. But I wouldn't buy another one from Power Pressure. I'd also tell my friends to go to Costco and buy it there. They also might have a better customer experience there.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased an oven from you In February. I used the oven twice and was disappointed that the heating mechanism was defective. I called your company, explained the problem, and was told to return the oven via mail, which I promptly did. Several weeks went by and I heard nothing from your company. I called on 2 separate occasions asking about the status of the return, and more specifically, when I would receive a new oven. What a nightmare!! I was told that you had run out of the product and can’t give me any detailed information on receipt expectations. I was told by your escalated supervisor that she would put the money back on my card.

I instructed her (Evelyn), to provide me via an email, detail regarding my order. I don’t think that I’ve ever experienced such poor customer service. I asked her to send me an email with any updated info and realized that the email address she had was incorrect. I asked her to repeat it and she accurately repeated it on the 3rd attempt. I rarely complain about poor customer service, but in this case I am compelled to share my experiences with you. Please advise on when I will receive the package.

Hi Linda,

Due to the enormous demand for these Power Airfryer Oven, we are experiencing a temporary delay in filling your order. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Rest assured that the product will be delivered soon. Please do check your email from time to time for the updates.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I live alone and in their ad, Power Pressure Cooker was showing that you could cook a whole chicken in one of their cookware in a matter of 30 minutes. I thought that would cut down on the cook time. There were also a couple of cookbooks that I found out were just little rinky-dink cookbooks with a few little recipes which is all I need. When I called to order, I couldn't decide which pressure cooker to buy so the young lady I was talking to told me to order both and keep the one that I like best.

So I ordered two copper pans and two copper skillets of different sizes. But they sent me two of each item which were all of big sizes. I'm not going to keep all of them since I don't have room for them. My kitchen is normal in size but these cookers are big. When I saw the items they sent me, that pissed me off and I felt cheated. I've decided to send one of each item back but I've been waiting for somebody from Power Pressure Cooker to call me. I'm really not happy at all. They were supposed to send me labels so that I could ship one of each back but it's been a month now and I haven't received any label from them. If they don’t send me the labels to send these stuff back, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm not going to go and pay $40 to get them shipped back.

Other than that, I've been using the cookware and I can make a soup in the pan. It also works as a slow cooker, depending on what setting I put on. Still, I will call them about returning the two items back. If they pitch a fit, I might take it to the Better Business Bureau and let them know what's going on. But these people are decent people and they were just trying to sell their products. I try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, especially since they were young people trying to do this for a living or to get some extra money by taking these calls and sending people’s orders.

Original review: March 12, 2018

By watching Power Pressure Cooker's daily commercials and seeing their way of cooking, I decided it is the one I was willing to get. I have had it for a few months already, and I like how quickly things cook in. The quality of the cookware is fine, and I have also purchased some other items as well already. I would recommend it.

Hi Edward,

Original review: March 11, 2018

I wanted to try something different and I bought a Power Pressure Cooker which I've had for a month and a half now. I also got some proper pans at the same time. All the items have very high quality and I’m still learning everything about the cooker. I’ve been making a lot of soups lately and I like the fact that it takes about a little liquid broth or a little water to cook whatever I'm going to cook. Everything’s been going well with it and I’m enjoying it. It’s a wonderful cooking experience and I would recommend Power Pressure Cooker most definitely.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I'm afraid of manual pressure cookers and I thought that Power Pressure Cooker's product would be convenient to use since it was electric. I ordered one and when it came, I called them with a question and the rep I talked to was very polite. I have the pressure cooker for five months now and so far, I've only used the pressure cooker once. I need to learn how to use it because I ordered the cookbook as well. I ordered the 10-quart cooker and the cookbook is for the 10-quart, but they're much more portions than we would use, so I have to learn how to cut it down and use the proper amount of liquid. I need to find some cookbook somewhere to do that. Other than that, the cooker is good. But I heard that there were lawsuits in because some of it were exploding and people were getting hurt. All in all, I would recommend them for their service and the politeness of their reps, but I don’t know enough to say that the pressure cooker is wonderful.

Tristar Products Company Information