4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

720 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I’ve had the Power Air Fryer for a couple of months now and there’s so much more I could do with it than the regular air fryer. I had an older model of the fryer that didn’t have a divider in it and I could only cook one thing, and it had to be a small portion. I like the Power Air Fryer because I can cook three different things if I want to. I did a Hasselback potato. I had to score the potato but not all the way through, then put the butter over it while cooking it. However, the butter all ran down to the bottom of the drip pan. I tore up a piece of tinfoil and folded it and put it under so that the butter didn’t all run to the bottom. It sat in the potato or the potato sat in it and when I was done cooking, I took the butter and poured it over the top of the potato. I started with the potato then cooked the steak on an upper tray. I went according to the book, but I cooked it a bit too long.

I’ve cooked biscuits and chicken and I made beef jerky. I also did some avocado chips. But I’d like to get a small roast to do the rotisserie and I’m afraid that I don’t understand how to set it up. At my age, I need visual instead of reading. Also, I cooked steak and the racks were kinda hard to clean. The other night, when I was doing the chips, I googled and asked if I could put parchment paper in the fryer and I was told that I could use tinfoil or the parchment paper because it would save a lot of the clean-up.

The only problem I had was that even though it was supposed to be non-stick, the air fryer was getting the brown spots and it looked dirty. I even called the company that I bought it from where they manufacture it and they told me it was one month out of warranty. It would cost me $25 for a new basket, but I said, “Forget it.” The basket is clean. I wash it. I was very disappointed because I thought it would stay more prestige-looking, but it didn’t. All I’ve used are the racks and if something dries on it, it is hard to get them unless you soak them, which I’ve been doing. I noticed the racks are starting to show a bit of color and I don’t know how to get them off. I’ve tried using Brillo, but it is not working either.

Also, I bought the fryer to get the $100 worth of groceries but unfortunately, I have not been able to cash in on that because I have an iPad and I was told I need a computer for that. I put a bummer on it because I don’t have a computer handy. Other than that, my air fryer is working perfectly. I love it for cooking chicken. I love wings in it and they turn out perfect. They are nice and golden brown and crispy. I’ve also taken a Reuben sandwich and stuck it in the air fryer. I reheated the sandwich and the air fryer did great. I would recommend it. In fact, I sent my air fryer to my daughter because she didn’t have one.

Hi Regina,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the Power AirFryer unit that you purchased. We highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We are on propane out here in the boonies and it’s expensive to have it delivered. We have three 25-gallon tanks and we fill them ourselves. It’s a pain and it’s expensive firing up the oven to reheat and do things. My daughter has a different kind of Air Fryer and I thought it sounded like a good idea. My wife recorded Power Air Fryer's video on the television so I saw their video. I called and they ended up upgrading me to the Elite, which is bigger. We've had the oven for a couple of weeks now and it's been a learning experience.

I would go on the internet, figure out recipes and figure out how to do things. The key is understanding how it works because memorizing all of somebody else’s recipes isn’t what I like. I can’t learn from my daughter either because hers is totally different. Hers is also a toaster and I don’t see whether this would actually toast like a toaster. But I moved our toaster oven to a different place and put this where the toaster was in the kitchen. The reheat is really handy though because it heats things nicely and doesn’t get them soggy like the microwave does. I copied their grilled cheese thing and done that with a deli apple sausage. I cut it in half and reheated it then put it on bread and toasted it like that with cheddar cheese. That was pretty good.

We also did pizza and flat bread in it, and it worked better than in the oven because it wasn’t soggy. It tends to get soggy in the middle with the way we make it. It wasn’t this time because it was on the screen thing and it got heated from the bottom. But in putting the two of them in, I had them done halfway then switched the trays. The trays were kinda close together though and the top tray is kinda tight. it's like the sides of the thing aren’t parallel so it’s tighter at the top than at the bottom. I also had to figure out how to do breaded things correctly. When I got them the first time, it tasted good. Fried chicken tasted okay but it wasn’t crispy enough. But on the next time, I got them crispy. I've had to learn but in having the Power Air Fryer, I haven’t used the stove and the propane anywhere near as much.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I like my Power AirFryer oven from Tristar Products. I felt like it was a good idea for me to get it to save calories. It saves time, too. I've made carrot and potato fries in it. They came out just as good as if you were buying from the store, especially the carrot fries because if I don’t want that starch and I have a taste for something like French fries, I'll use that and make carrot fries. Sometimes, if I want something sweet, I'll still use the carrot fries and put a little cinnamon on it. I've used the rotisserie part where it has the wheel and I've put chicken on there. I did a rotisserie chicken. I've done ribs with the spits on there. I've used every single thing possible in there to make sure it comes out right. I even used the dehydrator. I also made some apple chips, which came out good. I used the dehydrator and I sliced them up. My thing is to save calories instead of eating junk food or some.

The oven has everything on there, and I just glimpsed through the book and I might even use some of the recipes. The reason why I wanted it was the dehydrator and to make fried foods, I don’t have to use the oil. I just use a little bit of pan spray. I had problems with the oven because I ordered it and it came in two days but it came empty. I just had the air fryer oven but I didn’t get the accessories with it and I've had problems trying to get everything. It took a few weeks before I got all the accessories that I was supposed to get.

I was really uptight about it because I had to go through a lot of drama to get to speak with someone. I was upset because I had it sitting there for so long but I couldn't use it because I didn’t have anything to put into. I didn’t have any trays. And if anybody were to ask me about it, I would tell them, "Don’t get it," because of my experience. But I do tell them, "Make sure you have everything if you order it." Other than that, I like it a lot and I'd recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I like that the Copper Chef cookware washes easily. However, the griller that is like a zigzag is very hard to clean. When I cook a piece of chicken or eggplant on it, that does not come off. I have to scrub and scrub and I'm not a big fan of that, so I don’t use that anymore. Also, the cookware all looks white now. I have OCD and I clean the cookware really carefully, but from just a little rubbing against it, all the paint has come out. And then, when the bottom gets a stain on it, it doesn’t come off no matter how much I scrub. Also, the frying pan's blade at the bottom sticks up a bit, so when I put the oil and I wanna fry something, the oil drifts away on the side and nothing stays in the middle. I can cook a lot of stuff in the pots but it's a hassle to fry something in the pans.

I don’t like Copper Chef's customer service. When the item is defective, they give me a really hard time. I bought the brownie pan from QVC and the inserter was loose so when I tried to put the blades in them, the very sharp blades fell down and landed on my foot. I called QVC and they said they were out of stock, so I called Copper Chef several times and they kept sending me blades but they weren't for the pan I had. I explained it and I gave them the size and the stock number, yet twice they sent me the wrong blades. And then, they sent me a blade that belongs to some other item, so I gave up.

I waited until the item came back on QVC and I bought two. It was unfair to me as I had to buy another pan because Copper Chef couldn’t replace the part and QVC didn’t have it. Then I ordered a bunch of items and they came in a plastic bag, and one of the items was all banged up. I called Copper Chef and they told me that I have to go to the post office, return it at my own expense and they were gonna replace the item by sending it back. That made me really angry so I threw away the pan.

The product itself is good but those minor stuff need to be fixed, especially their customer service which needs to brush up on their manners and cooperation. I have everything from their baking to cooking to frying. I even have two of the little stoves and my sister has everything. I buy so much from Copper Chef and then they send me something that is all banged up and they are not willing to replace it. They make me do all the work and I don’t appreciate it. On the other hand, when I buy from Amazon, they replace something that is defective right away and they don’t give me a hard time. Nevertheless, I like Copper Chef and I encouraged all my friends to buy it.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My sister and I eat differently. I’m all meat and she’s all vegetables, so the Power Air Fryer works well for us. We got it about a month now, but we just started using it in the last two weeks. Now, I can go shopping and keep pizza in the car for two hours and come home and have this great pizza. She likes hers really crunchy and we turn it almost into crackers. I upgraded my Power Air Fryer because my sister has real issues with any kind of plastic. And there were lots of complaints about the plastic inside with the other ones. I wanted the metal inside, so I upgraded it even though it had less wattage than the middle level one. But I can’t imagine that I would ever need more wattage than what I’m using. I’m so excited, too.

I’ve already told six people about the Power Air Fryer and I had three people come over and looked at it. I told them to bring their leftovers over and they'll be amazed. I haven’t been disappointed in it. The door opens and swings out instead of down, and I really like that. The biggest negative is it’s a little hard to get the racks in, and there were lots of customer complaints about that. I give them catawampus and it’s all tight. I wish they would add a little spatula or something that’s small that could heat up to 500˚ to come with it, as well as silicon hot pads.

I cut half a patty melt, the hamburger with onions and Swiss cheese, in there the other day on the rack and I thought I’d die and had gone to heaven. It was better than when it came from the restaurant. It was really crunchy. The Power Air Fryer oven is great. It’s really easy to use, but it wasn't cheap. It was $200 and some of the stuff is a learning curve and I haven’t figured out how to make a toasted cheese sandwich working. It’s a little hard to work in there in that tight space to turn it over.

I also put chicken wings in it and I just soaked it in salt water and they were good. The skin was crispy. I put a little water on it the other day and dropped a couple of eggs in there and they weren’t bad, although it was an icky mess on my little metal bowl. So far, the little machine seems to be very well-built and the hinge seems solid. I like that the glass comes out, the most expensive one, so I could wash it in the sink. I like that it got a nice bright light in it, which shocked me. I wouldn’t expect that to have a lot of light that works.

It’s also intuitive. If I set the timer, it will fall for 15 minutes for a 350˚ and I can set the timer to three minutes and it shuts off. The fan comes on to cool the machine down. I’m picky and savvy with systems. I’ve had a lot of stuff over the years and I’ve never figured out my convection microwave. We had to pull a book at every time we use it. But this one, I just go and do it. We’ve got this fryer sitting right by the table because it’s fun to watch and see what’s melting and what’s not. It works so fast that we gotta keep an eye out on it. But it’s a little messy because the racks drip. The trick is not to keep clean racks underneath the top rack because it will all become dirty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I've seen it on TV when Copper Chef was running that special and I bought their cookware. I got the crisper basket, one of the pans that had the invection with the lid, a regular pan without the lid, and the muffin pan. But they sent me two of the crispers because I made a mistake when I ordered. I have the items for six months now and I love everything, except for the crisper pan. I had some stuff stick to it and I used a steel wool to get it off, but it kinda scratched the pan. However, I'm sure that that was my fault and not the pan. Other than that, everything works great and the quality of the products exceed the cost. I've bought expensive pans where they've actually burned on the bottom, even though you didn't have it on high. But these pans from Copper Chef can be set at any temperature and you don't get that with these pans. I got great pans from Copper Chef and I was even thinking about buying some more.

Original review: May 21, 2019

We bought a whole kit of Copper Chef Cookware which included a square pan and cookie sheets. However, I'd like Copper Chef to make smaller cookware for making eggs in. I'd also like them to make soup pans that are taller along the sides for soup. The Copper Chef kit was gonna replace our whole cook set but then they don't make those things. Still, cost-wise, the kid wasn't too bad. It wasn’t as expensive as the other pots and pans that I bought before. Also, my wife seems to like them. They're easy to clean up.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Copper Chef pans are the best pans I've ever used. I got an email offering eight-dollar pans and I got a whole bunch of them. I bought the pan with a NuWave oven as well. It's like a roast beef pan and I love it. However, they do not offer big pan sets with round frying pans. I wish I could find a set like that. Still, I'm very satisfied with what I have. The quality is perfect and nothing sticks to the cookware. I use them for everything. Copper Chef has the perfect pan and I've recommended it to several people.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Copper Chef is doing an excellent job. I've tried other pans and cookware but they didn’t hold up well. I liked that the Copper Chef cookware was non-stick and it cooked the food evenly, better and a little bit more quickly. The first I got was a small skillet because we needed one. We were looking at the different ones they had and I wanted to try that one. Then I ordered from them around early December. I got all my cookie sheets with it and each week, I use one or the other.

The tops that go on the pans are excellent and the bacon is fantastic. We have a lot of family that comes in so it came in very handy. We had holidays a couple of weeks ago and the roaster pan came in good as well with doing the pot roast. My favorite thing is the durability of the product. The quality is very good. We like to purchase items that are gonna last and that we would not have to go and replace in six months. I've also referred other people, family members and friends, to get that cookware. So they're doing it.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 14, 2019

I’ve own my power airfryer for about a year, but used it a few time, so now my fan doesn’t work, what do I do now. Paid a lot money for it. How long are the warranties and where do I send it to get it repaired.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I wanted an air fryer for a while. Copper Chef had an infomercial on it and it was affordable. I got cookware from them and I've been using one of their items every day. They're of good quality.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I bought a square frying pan online from Copper Chef. I've used it multiple times and it's really nice. The size of that square frying pan is really versatile and with it, I can fry potatoes. I also like that it doesn't scratch easily yet cleans up so easily. Nothing really sticks or burns which is an asset. However, the handle is really long. It's very hard for me to store the pan because of the long handle. I wish I had the ability to either take the handle off before storage or make it shorter. Still, I'm very pleased with the quality and I really enjoy cooking with it. I'm happy I purchased my Copper Chef.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Copper Chef Cookware was inexpensive, and they delivered what I wanted. I could have a non-stick pan without the Teflon coating and use very little oil when I’m cooking. It's easy to clean up, and I love the egg cooker. I have commercial quality cookware that Copper Chef cannot hold a candle to, but as far as the everyday use that we’ve put it though, it’s holding up well. It's good value for the price.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

The Tristar Product's sales guy said that they don’t make any saucepans and I have to buy a whole set just to get two saucepans. Their price was outrageous at first, but it's halfway decent now. I have the products for about a year now and they're good but not as good as what they claim they are. It's starting to stick. But it works fine and it's better than other stuff.

Hi Diana,

We are sorry with your purchase however, Copper Chef products have no saucepan yet. And in regards to the pan that stick, you should season the pan before use by washing it and wiping it down with oil. It is advisable not to use metal cooking tools with the pans as metal is harsh to most cooking surfaces. Seasoning your pan will help extend the life of your nonstick pans. We have two methods of seasoning the pan. You need to put oil in your pan and make sure that the entire inner pot is covered with oil then heat it for about 5-10 minutes in a medium heat repeat process for 2-3 times and wipe the pan with to remove the excess oil you can also use your oven to season your pan put oil on your pan and heat it for about 300°F for an hour then wipe the excess oil.

Thank you.

Original review: April 27, 2019

There is very very slow delivery, the link to show delivery does not work and does not show that it was even shipped. Customer service does not work and they ignore request for help. I'll never purchase from them again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I ordered the item and it was shipped but the additional items I ordered (skillets 8in and 10in) they DID not come but I paid for them. They were free of charge but have to pay handling fee. I call to complain and the company is in NJ but lo and behold the customer service centers are in India, Jamaica and other countries. I am an American. Paid full price for the items not the deferred method and now I have not received everything nor can I get in contact with an American in New Jersey. I guess I have to contact my credit card company and put a stop hold on payment.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I decided to purchase a fryer oven for the convenience of it. There was a good deal from Tristar Product's Power AirFryer advertisement on television. We got the crock pot with it which was why we bought it. But I had to send back the cage in the rotisserie. The rotisserie broke, and they refunded me. I sent the oven back, paid for the postage, and then I had the new one within days. They worked with me and they were very prompt about that.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I saw the Copper Chef Cookware infomercials on the TV and I thought that it was neat. We were a hurricane victim, so we lost everything and I had to buy everything brand new. I have had the products since February and I really like them. My favorite is the egg cooker -- it makes perfect boiled eggs. The products are very nice and they are amazing for the price. However, the time it took for me to get my order was long. It took about a month from the time I ordered them to the time I received them.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I wanted to do an upgrade from my air fryer oven to a Power AirFryer XL. I’ve had this Tristar product for six months now and its quality is good. I like it.

Hi Jay,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the Power AirFryer Oven. Thank you for sharing your experience and we highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was in the hospital, and there were some advertisements going on the TV about Copper Chef's five for $8. I got out of the hospital, found it on the computer and tried it. I bought tons of them. I love it. I bought everything they have. I used to use Red Copper and Tristar is a hundred times better. I’ve been extremely happy. The pans are just so much heavier, thicker and nicer. I'm 100% happy. It seems like they’re better made. I got a 12-inch square. I got the 10-inch round. I use two of those. I got a couple of loaf pans, the roast pan and those egg things are just awesome. I just got done making eggs about 10 minutes ago. I bake eggs everyday now. I got the pizza things and the cake one. I told friends about the cookware and they already bought them.

Hi Clifton,

We are so happy to hear your experience with the Copper Chef products that you purchased. We highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Thank you.

Original review: April 18, 2019

This item was pitched by Emeril Lagasse as at a special price with demonstrated results. The Item is available from Target and other outlets at the same price as pitched by Emeril. The cooking results are not as shown in his video. When returning the unit you are required to pay the freight which is considerable. Customers would be better off to purchase from local outlets so you can avoid large return freight costs. Food is not browned when cooked in the unit resulting in an unappetizing appearance. The cooking speed is not faster than normal oven times. When calling for a return authorization number the rep attempted to maintain the sale by offering a small refund, and after refusing, he offered a larger refund. I will not do business with this company again nor consider products pushed by Emeril Lagasse.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I like my Copper Chef cookware well. I got a smokeless grill for me, and I also got one for my daughter. Then when I was on the site, I saw the other stuff, and I like the looks of it so I bought it. I use the cookware daily, on and on, and it does well. It doesn’t stick. On the square type pans, Copper Chef needs to look at it because the heating doesn’t go all the way out to the ends when you’re doing induction. It gets out there, but it’s not as hot on the actual outside of the pan like their skillet. As long as you have it a half-inch in the center, you’re fine. But you get right up against the edge, the edges don’t cook as well as the center. Still, Copper Chef is great. And I know they said don't put some of the stuff in the dishwasher, but it actually works in a dishwasher well. I’d recommend Copper Chef.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I've been hearing about Power Air Fryer and I've seen them. People were selling them and stuff on that garage sale on Facebook. Also, I talked to somebody else I knew that had one and they like it. I needed to cook better. So, I got it and it actually works. It came with plenty of stuff that were useful. I had another air fryer before that didn't work and worth nothing. I can heat up anything in there and most of the stuff I cook, I can cook off the air fryer. I don't even have to watch. It was a good purchase and worth the money.

Hi Jason,

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have been using my Copper Chef cookware since a month ago. I wanted to try it and so I got a couple of pans which I've been using to sear dishes. I like that the pans are easy to clean and it's also non-stick.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have a huge Copper Chef skillet for at least a couple of years. And then I recently purchased the little loaf pan with the insert, which is great for meatloaf. I love that. The meatloaf isn’t sitting in grease when you pick it up. It cleans beautifully. It’s wonderful. My dad just gave me a 10 ½ -quart baking dish with a smaller baking and browning dish, and a lid. I also recently bought the egg cooker that stacks. I’m making deviled eggs for an event at church and I’m really looking forward to that because I can never get the eggs exactly right when I try to cook it on the stove. I’m not good at boiling eggs, so I’m hoping this little cooker is gonna be my savior.

My dad has dementia, and he still lives on his own. He gets Meals on Wheels during the week, and then on weekends, I take meals out to him, and he loves spaghetti. So, I’d boil the pasta in another pot that I have. But I brown the meat and mix it with the sauce in this other Copper Chef. It’s a smaller cooker with a lid. It’s got two handles on the sides. It can go in the oven and on the stovetop. And it’s just perfect. I can do a whole six-ounce package of pasta, and then once it’s cooked, I stir it in to this pan with everything else. It’s heated evenly, it’s done, and he thinks I’m a genius. They’re such a nice size. Also it is non-stick. You don’t have to scrub like crazy to get it cleaned. Anyone who’s not fond of doing dishes is gonna love these. Especially that loaf pan, that thing is worth its weight in gold.

Hi Nancy,

We are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the Copper Chef pan products that you purchased. We highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I love cooking and I've had Copper Chef for a little over a month. I love them, and I love the non-stick the best. It’s easy to clean and I don’t have to use any oil. Plus, the item's quality is excellent. I’ve told several family members about them.

Hi Kirk,

Original review: April 9, 2019

We have had the Power AirFryer since December as my husband wanted it. The cookware’s quality is fine. I tried to make French fries using the barrel thingy and it did not seem to get them crisp. They were kinda limp. But everything else has been good so far and the best thing that I have made with it is the steak.

Hi Cammy,

Original review: April 8, 2019

Copper Chef products are easy to clean and nothing’s burning anything in it, pretty much. It’s a great purchase and a great investment. I've given them away as gifts.

Hi Sandra,

We would like to add that with repeated use and washing, the characteristics of the ceramic coating may fade, but you may revitalize the coating by re-seasoning your cookware:

1. Add a small amount of vegetable oil to a clean paper towel. Rub the oiled paper towel all over the entire interior surface of the pan.
2. Put the pan over low heat on the stove top for 30 secs. to 1 min., removing the pan if the oil starts to smoke.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.

4. Once the pan has cooled, use a clean cloth or paper towel to wipe away any excess oil. Then, your pan is ready to use.

For best results, re-season your pan after a few uses or after cleaning it in a dishwasher

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had a smaller oven and decided to get a bigger one. I researched the Power Air Fryer and it had good reviews, which made me choose it over others. I've also bought different pans for it. The Power Air Fryer is quick and has excellent quality.

Hi Pam,

Original review: April 1, 2019

I've been using Copper Chef Cookware for three years and I love it. At first, I started out small. I went to Sam’s Club and bought a few to see how it was gonna work out. And then it grew and grew. I have the old Farberware set, which is good, but it doesn't even compare to Copper Chef. The Copper Chef is non-stick and easy to clean. I also got two of the burners that go with them. They’re nice to heat stuff up and keep stuff warm. They are a pleasure to use. Copper Chef should keep up the good work.

Hi Dan,