4.1/5 (115 ratings)

About Tristar Products

Tristar Products is a home solution innovator that has established more than ten brands, including Emeril Every Day, PowerFit and Copper Chef. Its products, which include cookware, kitchen appliances, technology and exercise and outdoor equipment, are available on individual brands’ websites and through Amazon.

Top Tristar Products Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products, Inc.?

Verified

I love Copper Chef. It cooks very good. Everything cooks all over evenly… The quality was very good compared to cost. They were expensive, but sometimes, you pay for what you get....

Verified

I've had some of their pans before and I wanted to try the skillet. It's a pretty good skillet. So far, I like that it’s not sticking. I've had a couple different things from them...

About Tristar Products

Tristar Products is an infomercial platform that takes problem-solving ideas and turns them into products. It manufactures and markets innovations on its website. Its products vary in price and quality, but they all serve as niche household solutions, e.g., cordless vacuums, cooling hemp pillows and self-cleaning juicers. You can buy from Tristar’s catalog through its brand websites and on Amazon.

Tristar Products brands

Tristar has launched over ten brands. Some examples:

• Clear TV lets you watch hundreds of channels free, with no contract, monthly fees or price hikes.
  • Contour makes body pillows with therapeutic support that encourage proper posture.
  • Emeril Every Day offers efficient cookware and high-quality appliances like air fryers and ovens.
  • Flex-Able Hose sells hoses made of bungee material that expands and tightens for easy storage.
  • One Power Readers makes lenses that custom-correct nearsightedness.
  • PowerFit provides exercise systems that engage your muscles through vibration and acupressure.

Tristar Products costs

Tristar’s costs are as varied as the products themselves. You can check out Tristar’s brands and prices on Amazon or through its website. Its prices seem fairly affordable; for example, you might pay $135 for a quality air fryer or $35.99 for a TV antenna that gets you free channels with no subscription costs.

Tristar Products FAQ

What brands does Tristar Products manufacture?
Tristar manufactures products for Clear TV, Contour, Copper Chef, Emeril Every Day, Flex-Able Hose, Genie, One Power Readers, PowerFit and others.
Who owns Tristar Products?
President and CEO Keith Mirchandani owns Tristar Products.
Where is Tristar Products located?
Tristar is located in Fairfield, New Jersey.
Can you order from the Tristar Products website?
While you can’t order directly from the Tristar site, you can find a list of its brand websites for ordering online.

Is Tristar Products a good company?

Tristar offers innovative solutions to everyday problems. Its catalog ranges from cookware to foot massagers, and its costs are generally pretty affordable. If you’re looking for long-lasting, practical products, visit Tristar’s website and browse the various brands it’s launched in recent years.

Tristar Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products, Inc.?

Original review: March 30, 2022

I had a small air fryer that my friend had bought me but it didn't hold very much and you would have to cook twice in order to get enough for both of us. I got the Power AirFryer grill and it has so much more room so I can fix a full meal for myself or two people in that easily. When I ordered my air fryer, I got it in five days, which was quick. It came with both instructions and a cookbook. I took it out of the box and plugged it in. I did it myself and I'm 74 years old. There's no difficulty setting it up. My favorite thing about it is I can quickly do baked potatoes. I get mine done in about 35 minutes and that is with three really big potatoes in there. They're completely done and they have the crispness on the outside and the softness inside. I love the air fryer for that.

My only concern is how I am supposed to clean the air fryer. On the side of the right, which must be where the fan is blowing, there is grease and I'm not sure how I’m getting that out. If I spray something there, I'm afraid it will get in with the electric parts. As for the trays and the grilling racks, I have Dawn spray. Plus, you can wash them in the dishwasher. In my case, I just wash it by hand. I have recommended this air fryer and my son has already ordered one. I'm just very satisfied with this.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I was wanting the air fry capability as well as the rotisserie part of the Power AirFryer. Everything went flawlessly. It arrived when stated, and all the parts were there. I plugged it in and it worked. I like the way that it does air fry things. It's a quicker time. I've grilled steaks in it that turned out perfect. I like the appliance overall.

The one thing I would pass along as an improvement would be in the instructions. If I was going to toast a bagel, it tells me the position to place the rack. Then, it states that you're to use the timer, and you must go past the 20-minute mark and then dial it back to what you really want in the timeline. That particular knob or button is really hard to dial back. So, it'd be a huge improvement if it had some sort of an indentation or like a thumb grip where you put your finger and you could actually turn it using more of the pressure in your hand rather than having a smooth, round knob. I find it really a struggle because if you're cooking anything, usually your hands are wet, and it's really hard to turn that dial.

The recipes that are in the cookbook look great, but they're not recipes that I'm gonna cook on a regular basis. If I want to grill asparagus, how long do I grill them for? It looks great in the picture. I love asparagus, and I should be able to cook it in there, but it's gonna be a hit and miss kind of thing because I set it and forget it. If you're toasting and you dialed it past the 20, and now you inched it back off of the 20, and I just guesstimate where I should be putting the timer. Then, when I check on them and I see, "Oh, they're toasted." The griller is still operating. So, you have to kind of force grab that knob to turn it off. That's not an easy step. So, I end up pulling my bagels out first, while it's running which I don't think is a very safe maneuver. So that was one other feature that seems odd because there isn't a button that says "Off" or "On" or "Pause" or something as simple as that would make a huge difference.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I liked the French door opening for the bigger capacity. And I thought it would cook a lot better with the temperatures going up to 500 degrees. The other ones out on the market do not reach that or have the capacity in there. It took a while to receive the product because the first order that I sent in there, I had a discount coupon for that. I didn't get any recognition back from them because they said there was a mistake on the email. It took me six times to get through to them. The lady that I talked to on the phone said, “Well, we couldn't send it to you because you missed the G on Gmail. I said, “This is the only one. So I made a mistake without putting a G on there. You could have paid off for yourself. But let's move on from that. So it was my bad for that.”

But I said that I'd like to reorder and get it taken care of. She said that she could to it for me then. She told me the price and I asked about the discount but she said she couldn't add tht discount. That’s why I went online and reordered it again. And it took two and a half weeks to get it. The only other thing I would have liked was if the Emeril fryer came in black instead of stainless, because I'm not one for stainless appliances.

The fryer that I got is missing parts. It's not what I expected it to be, but the two prongs for the rotisserie never came in. All I got was an air fryer with the direction. I sent them an email based on the email that I received. I hit reply and said, “I just want to let you know that I have some missing part. Can you have somebody get back to me?” Never heard anything back. It has to be close to a month now.

I call and it just takes forever to get somebody, and I can leave a number and somebody will get back to me. I didn't bother because if they can't answer an email within a week's time, what are my chances of getting a phone call? But I still get these advertisements coming in. I get those piled up in my email, which I didn't sign in for.

If I put the air fryer on toast, it takes forever. If I put it on broil or bake, it toasts it. If I just put it on regular toast, it doesn’t brown it. It just gets the bread hard. It’s weird. So anytime I toast, I just toast with the broil or the bake option. When I hit the toast, it doesn't give me an option for temperature, like I can adjust the temperature on any other function that I put it on. But if I put it on toast, it’s just whatever temperature it's set at and that's it. It just asks you how many pieces of bread are in there to toast.

I'm disappointed in how it was processed. But I would recommend the air fryer. People come over and say it's really nice. I said, “It doesn't take up a lot of cabinet space. And it does what it's supposed to. I use it every day. Grilled chicken wings and chicken breasts, thighs. Just works out well. And even heating stuff up, it does its job. For the money that I paid, it's better than half the garbage that’s out on the market now. If I need another one, I would go back and buy it. Overall, it's a great product.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We saw the Copper Chef pans on TV and the price was halfway decent. It was nonstick too and my wife liked red. We ordered the pans and they came as they were supposed to come. The top of the red handle one is okay. I used most of the pans so far and the heat distribution is better. It doesn't just cook in the center but cooks the whole bottom of the pan. We used the pans for cooking steak, egg, hotdogs, roast beef, shrimp, and pork loin. As long as you turn the heat down, it won’t burn anything up. It cooks evenly throughout the pan.

But when you’re cooking with something and you get it too high, the steam would shoot out of the side of the top, like it's not sealed. It's almost like a tea kettle spewing out. That aside, cleaning is not that bad and you can wipe things off. Copper Chef is better than some of the stuff being sold out there. If you cut some kind of meat inside the pan, it’s harder to scratch.

Tristar Products response

Thank you for your feedback! We recommend low to medium heat settings for most cooking. The pan will distribute and retain heat effectively and evenly. This causes some protein rich foods to cook more quickly. To extend the life of the pan, do not cut food on the Copper Chef Titan Series cookware using sharp utensils, such as forks, knives, mashers, or whisks, that can deteriorate the cooking surface. As a reminder, do not use aerosol cooking sprays. These sprays will build up on cookware and become difficult to remove while reducing the nonstick coating release.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I have an Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer and a Power AirFryer Pro Elite. The one by Emeril browns things on both sides. But the one I use is compact and it doesn't take up a lot of space. It's easy to clean, keep up and care for. I like it and I'd miss it if something happens to it. The rotisserie mechanism works very well too. Also, the food is not dry if you cook it correctly. I also love the oil pan because it has a little dent on the end where you could just pour and it kind of falls. I've cooked pork steak in it and all I did was put my seasoning on the steak like I normally would and put it in. If I want it to look like it's baked, I'll wrap it in foil. If I don't want it to look like it's baked and more or less like I fried it with onions, I won't cover it. I would buy one of these for a friend.

Original review: April 26, 2022

The PowerXL Air Fryer works good and we like everything about it. It's just sometimes it smokes a little when we're cooking with it and the grease is hitting the bottom. Also, now they're on sale at Walmart, the exact same thing for $69, and we paid almost 200 for it. That's the only thing we don't like.

Original review: April 17, 2022

The Power AirFryer has been limited. Maybe I'm not using it at a high enough power but I tried to do a grilled cheese the other day and it didn't get brown. Other than that, I've done hard-cooked eggs and they turned out well. I also did salmon and asparagus and it was pretty good. The cleanup isn't too bad. I have air fryer parchment that I can lay down. The thing of it is, half the time it's easy to turn the oven on and throw stuff in the big oven. I'm not really thrilled.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The first PowerXL AirFryer Grill I received was defective. The timer would not work on it so I had to send it back. I got a new one last week and I've used it twice. It looks very sturdy and I like it because I can do anything in it. I can grill, air fry, plus bake. It has a rotisserie, which is very nice because I love to do rotisserie chickens. It takes place of three-fourths of the other appliances I've been using. Also, it has worked perfectly for anything that I've wanted. The cheese toast was the most perfect cheese toast in the world. I also brought home some pizza and I used it for reheating. It says up to 10 minutes but it didn't take three minutes to get the pizza perfectly heated and crispy. It was wonderful and it's a very simple, easy cleanup. It doesn't cause popping grease spots or anything like that in it.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I use my Power AirFryer grill now and then, but it wants to burn everything. I try to go by the recipe, but I have to time it about in half in order to flip it. Also, I was scared because you gotta be careful because it's hot, too, when you flip it. You'd have to clean it after every time you use it. There's no way of letting it sit. It's even worse than a microwave. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The Power AirFryer is a pretty nice little thing. They initially sent me the wrong one and I had to send it back. That wasn't very good and I waited longer to get the second one. Also, I've had to adjust. Sometimes I would follow their recipe for the turkey and it would be too done. But everything else has turned out just fine. I like the AirFryer so far.

Tristar Products Company Information