3.97/5
Based on 362 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

531 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The center of pan sticks a lot. I have to spray Pam or make sure center is oil coated. It was great at first but after 30 days or so encounter problem. Non stick technology not working. Worked for a few days, but after a while it is terrible in center of pan. Also when cooking on high, sometimes POWER OFF button won't work. I have to remove plug for wall.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

A friend of mine had a Power Air Fryer and then we saw it on TV as well. My wife and I are trying to do the less oil frying since we needed to do a more heart-healthy diet, so we decided to get one. We purchased it directly online and the website was simple and easy to navigate. We've had our air fryer for two months now and we've enjoyed it well, and we use it four times a week. Instead of frying stuff in oil in the pan or a deep fryer, we've been using the air fryer instead. It's less grease and my cholesterol has gotten better. The Power Air Fryer is a good unit and it's worth the money. We had another air fryer brand prior to it, but this brand works way better. It cooks everything a lot more evenly and it fries quickly. It has better quality construction and it's easier to take care of.

Hi Jeff,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the product you purchased. We highly appreciate your feedback and recommendation! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: July 26, 2018

How to get a replacement of the Copper Chef 12" Removable Electric Skillet - This item was purchased around Christmas 2017 and worked great until two weeks ago. I noticed a strange smell while cooking in the skillet and found that the electric plug in cord was melting. I immediately turned the product off.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 25, 2018

I first heard about the Tristar Power Air Fryer from an infomercial and I thought it could satisfy some needs that I had. However, I returned it after about 58 days. The thing could barely fit a whole pound of chicken in it. You have to tie the thing up with its legs behind its ears to try and put it in on the rotisserie. So it was too small. I also wanted it to double as a toaster oven and it had no pre-program button for doing toast, which means you have to push umpteen buttons to be able to make toast. Even though it would make it, it was a pain in the back to push the temperature down, the timer up or all the buttons to make it work. Also, it isn’t made very well. The little top shelf would fall down on its own. But purchasing it was simple and straightforward, and the return process was quick.

Hi Martin,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the product you purchased. Please reach us if you have any other questions and concerns.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I live in Texas and it’s too hot to cook most of the time during the summer, so I decided to purchase the Power Air Fryer. In the over two months that I have owned it, I've used it three times a week and i really like the product and how fast it cooks. I cook French Fries in it and I also love doing a toast in my sandwiches. It's great for reheating. i also have the feature for doing pastries, but I haven’t gotten around to doing that one yet. The Power Air Fryer is a very well-rounded product and has very high-quality, and it's as great as they said it was gonna be. I'm very pleased with it and I've already told several people about it. I told them that it’s worth the money and it will save them time in the kitchen.

Hi Tammy,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the Power AirFryer Oven that you purchased. Thank you for sharing your experience and we highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Original review: July 23, 2018

I got a Power Air Fryer so I don’t have to use my regular oven and so far, I like it. It keeps my regular oven from heating up the kitchen.

Hi Karen,

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

One of my buddies has a Power Air oven from Tristar, and he’s using it for the dehydrator and he told me that he hasn't had any trouble with it. He's cooked chicken in it and he likes it. I picked one up but when I got it, I was in a hospital for a month so it's still in the box. The only issue I had was I screwed up and I must not have seen the button for the multi-pay. I paid $275 all in one shot. But I also got some Copper Chef pans and I love those. I’m looking at buying a grill as well.

Hi Marc,

We do not have the option to change the details of your order since the amount was already deducted to your account. Please reach us if you have any other questions and concerns.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My Power Air Fryer has multiple uses and I'd end up experimenting with it. It can give me some deep-fried food, which was the main reason why I bought it. And I've also used it quite frequently on my frozen stuff. I've cooked potatoes and steak with it and so far so good. Heat gets to the bottom and I know the time. I love the taste of food and I have to worry about nothing now. I'm satisfied with the Power Air Fryer.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Seeing the Power Air Fryer on TV, we wanted to get one so we can refry fried food without getting soggy. We've had it for a couple of months now and so far the quality has been good. It says we can do a 12-pound skin, but it’s gotta be a certain plumpness too. If it’s too plump it doesn’t spin.

Hi Rene,

Original review: July 8, 2018

Compared to our old air fryer, the Power AirFryer has a larger capacity and we've owned it for two months now. The one we bought came with a whole bunch of accessories out of the gate that includes the fryer basket, the skewers, three cookbooks and the rotisserie, which is my favorite. The quality of some of the items we purchased are a little flimsy but it does the job. We have referred Power AirFryer to friends and a couple of them have purchased as well.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I had an Air Fryer with an older style and the drawer on the bottom. So I was looking for something more versatile, kind of like the door that holds more. I got the Power Air Fryer oven and it was very easy to get it. Also, the oven does what I really need. I can cook more stuff in it and different meals. It's convenient. And I like the style and for what it does and what it is, it's right there for quality. I'm totally happy with the Air Fryer.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I needed to bring my cholesterol down. One day, I saw Power Air Fryer on the TV and I felt that it would be nice to have. So I bought it and it was shipped quickly. I've owned it for two months now and I'm satisfied with it so far. I've used it four times and the chicken and pork chop came out well. However, it doesn't cook evenly. I burned the first batch of chicken I tried to cook in it because I had it too high up.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My sister and I eat differently. I’m all meat and she’s all vegetables, so the Power Air Fryer works well for us. We got it about a month now, but we just started using it in the last two weeks. Now, I can go shopping and keep pizza in the car for two hours and come home and have this great pizza. She likes hers really crunchy and we turn it almost into crackers. I upgraded my Power Air Fryer because my sister has real issues with any kind of plastic. And there were lots of complaints about the plastic inside with the other ones. I wanted the metal inside, so I upgraded it even though it had less wattage than the middle level one. But I can’t imagine that I would ever need more wattage than what I’m using. I’m so excited, too.

I’ve already told six people about the Power Air Fryer and I had three people come over and looked at it. I told them to bring their leftovers over and they'll be amazed. I haven’t been disappointed in it. The door opens and swings out instead of down, and I really like that. The biggest negative is it’s a little hard to get the racks in, and there were lots of customer complaints about that. I give them catawampus and it’s all tight. I wish they would add a little spatula or something that’s small that could heat up to 500˚ to come with it, as well as silicon hot pads.

I cut half a patty melt, the hamburger with onions and Swiss cheese, in there the other day on the rack and I thought I’d die and had gone to heaven. It was better than when it came from the restaurant. It was really crunchy. The Power Air Fryer oven is great. It’s really easy to use, but it wasn't cheap. It was $200 and some of the stuff is a learning curve and I haven’t figured out how to make a toasted cheese sandwich working. It’s a little hard to work in there in that tight space to turn it over.

I also put chicken wings in it and I just soaked it in salt water and they were good. The skin was crispy. I put a little water on it the other day and dropped a couple of eggs in there and they weren’t bad, although it was an icky mess on my little metal bowl. So far, the little machine seems to be very well-built and the hinge seems solid. I like that the glass comes out, the most expensive one, so I could wash it in the sink. I like that it got a nice bright light in it, which shocked me. I wouldn’t expect that to have a lot of light that works.

It’s also intuitive. If I set the timer, it will fall for 15 minutes for a 350˚ and I can set the timer to three minutes and it shuts off. The fan comes on to cool the machine down. I’m picky and savvy with systems. I’ve had a lot of stuff over the years and I’ve never figured out my convection microwave. We had to pull a book at every time we use it. But this one, I just go and do it. We’ve got this fryer sitting right by the table because it’s fun to watch and see what’s melting and what’s not. It works so fast that we gotta keep an eye out on it. But it’s a little messy because the racks drip. The trick is not to keep clean racks underneath the top rack because it will all become dirty.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have been using the Power AirFryer oven for about two weeks now and it is doing fine. I'm a disabled stroke survivor with only one arm that works and the oven's a lot easier to use in frying. In fact, I mainly use it for cooking French fries and it does a good job. I'd recommend it.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you.

Original review: July 1, 2018

My daughter, who likes to cook and experiment, has been diagnosed as a diabetic and I’m trying to make her cook and eat healthily. I got her a Power Air Fryer Oven from Tristar Products that does a lot of stuff, and she likes it and loves the quality. She has used it a lot. One time, she did a rotisserie chicken in it and the chicken was very good. She was also able to do some kale chips in it. I’ve got a friend who ordered an air fryer oven from QVC and it doesn’t do a lot of stuff. Another friend of mine in Jacksonville has one and hers does more than the one from QVC but compared to what I ordered, theirs doesn’t have the dehydrate feature.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We had the normal Power Fryer before and then the Power Air Fryer oven came up on the commercial on TV so I upgraded ours. We've had it for about two months now, but it was a Father's Day gift so we've only used it for a month. We like that we don't have nay of the grease and that the oven makes the food really crispy in a short amount of time. I also like the quality of all the items. We got the cookbooks and all the extra accessories but the oven is missing a bolt in the top heating element. I called them and they said they were gonna send me a return address, then I have to ship it back. After that, they'll ship us one once they received the one we have. So other than they should double-check things before sending them out, I would highly recommend the Power Air Fryer oven.

Hi Deven,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the Power AirFryer Oven. Thank you for sharing your experience and we highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: June 25, 2018

1st time I used it didn't work. Shipped back. That is 3 months no refund. Took out 2 payment totaling over 127 plus box to ship back 6.00 plus lost food 13.34 plus never received $50 Walmart card even tho I filled out paperwork. 1 rep said, "Someone win and someone loses. Your bank lost and we won." So they have my 127 plus. I do not have an air fryer with all accessories oven on 2.45 hours not even hot and was chicken fresh veggie and taters. I am on social security 75 years old widow and these thieves keep my money? Have called 20 plus times, emails nothing!!! I want all funds 127, 13.34, 6, 50 back and back now. Not 3 more months... Crooks, liars. For what I have gone thru they should send me a NEW 8 QT Air Fryer oven with ALL accessories... At a no cost to me. Refund my money. I have been forced to spend. Even tho they had it back they deducted another payment!!! Crooks.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I just wanted to test the Copper Chef cookware and see if they worked. Once I searched it and did some cost comparison their costs were the more reasonable ones. So far I’m enjoying them. They seem to be doing what they said they would do. I can go from the stove into the oven. The quality is good. I’ve had some pieces now for over a year and they’re still working real well. So that part I like. I ordered some stuff that got a mixed shipment once, but they took care of it for me. The problem was resolved. I’m happy with them.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My other pots and pans were peeling and I had some of them that were red. They were supposed to be really good but they started bleeding the red off of them and I didn’t think that was safe eating off of. I bought Copper Chef products two years ago and then I got more. Also, my younger daughter just started cooking, so I got her one of the smaller ones. I like that they don’t scratch and they seem to hold up to household usage. And they’re easy to clean and they cook well. So, when I put something in the pan, whether I’m making eggs over easy, it doesn’t matter where the egg hits. In other pans, it depends on where it is but in this pan, the whole pan is the same temperature so it cooks at the same time. If you use another pan and if you flip it on one side of it, it might take 20 seconds so you never get the even cook.

Original review: June 23, 2018

In the past, I have used cast iron skillets and pots. And I like the way they cook. But as I’ve gotten older, I can’t handle them. So I got Copper Chef Cookware because they were lightweight, non-stick, easy care. Also, their ad was pretty convincing and it turned out good. I started with a couple a few years ago, and then I ordered a few more recently. And I’ve bought several pieces at Walmart as well.

Hi Atricia,

We are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the Copper Chef pan products that you purchased. We highly appreciate your feedback and recommendation! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We had bought the Power AirFryer and we enjoyed it. The problem is that it wasn’t large enough and there was a problem with the coating. It comes with a basket and it needs to be like stainless steel. But it has an anodized coating that peels off. Also the racks are not evenly spaced. The bottom rack is narrower. So if the racks were all the exact same size and the same height that would be best. The oven is fine but the frier is not good. But overall, we love it.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for ordering and thank you for choosing Power AirFryer. The fry basket is a stainless steel but it is a Teflon coated. Please avoid major water temperature changes. Taking the outer basket and subjecting it to cooler or cold temperatures can cause peeling and allows rust to form. Let the outer basket cool for a few minutes first.

Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Copper Chef has non-sticking cookware and I've had them for a couple of weeks. I have some of the accessories but I was getting ready to order some of the baking items because they were running a special for Father’s Day. Aside from that, the quality is great and they're amazing.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I wanted something I could use outside and not heat the house up during the summer. In the two weeks I've had the Power Air Fryer oven, I've used it once and it worked great. It heats up fast and the quality is good. I would recommend it.

Hi Warren,

Original review: June 20, 2018

I wanted to see if Copper Chef Cookware was really a good product. The first thing I bought was over a year ago, but I didn’t unpack it until recently. I got a 9’1/2’’ pan, an 11’1/2" pan, a 7, 8, 12 and some other stuff, and I love them. Moreover, I have placed an order on May 30th. I got the confirmation number, but I didn’t get anything else in three or four days. I called and I was told they didn’t have an order for me. I gave them the number and the rep said that that doesn’t show anything either. Somebody called me, but somehow I found out that I was ordering the Wonder Chef Something. I called a couple of days later and I talked to someone and they still didn’t have the order. She asked me if it had been charged to my card and I said, “No.” She was saying that it didn’t go through whatever it is.

That was when I was told that there was a waiting list and so whoever I was talking to, I said, “Well, I wanna place the order and now that I know that there’s gonna be a delay, I’m okay." Right now, I can’t register and open up the email I got from them. I got two orders hanging out there. I’m looking at one and it is saying that it will be delivered on Friday and I didn’t get to the second one which is the Wonder Dish. I was getting ready to check and see what that one said and it said that it is shipped. I didn’t get into it though and the computer won’t move.

I was upset with that. All they have to do is just tell me because I didn’t know if it had one set or two or the wrong place. I didn’t know what was happening with it. But again, I did check my account and it had nothing taken out. So I did get it, but it took a week to get a straight answer. Nonetheless, I'd recommend them. I have placed another order which is gonna get here before the Wonder Chef. But that’s fine and soon I’ll find out when it will be delivered.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We purchased the fryer oven, trying to get away from the fat or the oil, frying with the oils. We've had it for two weeks now and the quality is good. I love it. Things clean up really good in it and food tastes good. The only thing we did not get with it was the diffuser. I thought that was coming with it too.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I got the Copper Chef cookware because they are nonstick and they do not need a lot of oil. And I found them to be good. I like using the pans. But I did have one problem. I ordered the cooktop and it came smashed. The box didn't look damaged but when I reached the glass top, I got glass sticking me in the fingers. I called customer service and then they had to transfer me to another and wait for them to call me back. I found the response to be lacking there.

I had company coming and I was planning on using the cookware. I told them this and asked them if they would ship it right away. The rep said I had to return it and then they would do this and that, and I gotta go through a bunch of things and then they would send me a new one. I ended up getting my money back, then I ended up ordering it again. And it was obviously broken. It almost made me not wanna buy anything more.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My Copper Chef cookware has been fine thus far. I thought about the versatility of it so I bought them. I've had it for a month now and it was an impulse buy. I was dissatisfied with the salesmanship when I called. More than anything, it was very persuasive or pushy. Also, I saw it advertised on TV and I expected a couple accessories to be included but they were not.

Hi Lois,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. You placed an order for COPPER CHEF 4PC W/UTENSIL SET and you have added the Steamer Rack $ Fry basket. Your order was shipped in one shipment process on 05/07/18 by FEDEX HOME DELIVERY. Tracking information shows that your package was delivered on Friday 5/11/2018 at 9:04 am. Here is your FedEx tracking number 440414948343.

Please clarify the missing items you are referring to for us to process a replacement.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Power AirFryer Oven eliminates a lot of the grease of deep-frying and it would be healthier for me. And with the air fryer, everything is nice and crispy whenever I cook. I was really surprised. My favorite thing is that I don't have to use oil to have French fries or chicken. And compared to normal frying, the food tastes a bit different in a good way. You get adjusted to it although it takes time. It's like everything else you buy where you've got to experiment and see what you like or what you don't like. I've had the Power AirFryer oven for only a couple of months so I'm still learning and I enjoyed what I did with it.

Aside from the hot air oven, I also bought the pressure cooker and I absolutely love it. And I had the other one that has a handle and you pull out and then you put things in a basket. I went ahead and gave that to my daughter because she wanted one. The quality of the items is very good and I have no regrets. The product was built together really good. I'm by myself now because my husband just passed away so I’ve got to learn how to cook all over again. The Power AirFryer oven is enough for one to three servings and I can make small servings without having to worry about starting the oven up. They could probably increase its capacity so that I could put a three-pound chicken in there. I had a great experience with Power AirFryer Oven and I would recommend it to friends if they want to eliminate some of the grease from their food.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I heard really good reviews about the pan of Copper Chef Cookware that I ordered as a birthday gift and the woman I gave it to loved it. So, I got her another pan, a cookie sheet, and a roasting pan. The first order I placed this time was a birthday gift and that was great and came in time. But with my second order, which was a Mother's Day gift, my card wouldn't process and they kept processing it until a week later, so I didn't get the gifts in time. I placed the order on May 3rd, but I got an email saying that there was an issue in processing my payment. So, I called them and they said it processed on the 9th. But my card was fine and there were no issues with it. It said "pending" on my bank statement, then my payment went through, and my order has already shipped. My last experience with Copper Chef left me a little frustrated because I had to order different things on Amazon. But I have used the cookware myself and I like its quality and its nonstick feature.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Great idea unfortunately not well made. Order product (Air Fryer Oven) and used it three times before it stopped working. Warranty is 60 days? That tells me they know it’s not very reliable. Oh they offered an return authorization number for Me to return it but shipping is my problem. Cost 60 dollars on economy shipping...half the cost of product. My suggestion is don’t waste your time or money.

Tristar Products Company Information

www.tristarproductsinc.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business