4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

743 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 18, 2019

I like my Copper Chef cookware well. I got a smokeless grill for me, and I also got one for my daughter. Then when I was on the site, I saw the other stuff, and I like the looks of it so I bought it. I use the cookware daily, on and on, and it does well. It doesn’t stick. On the square type pans, Copper Chef needs to look at it because the heating doesn’t go all the way out to the ends when you’re doing induction. It gets out there, but it’s not as hot on the actual outside of the pan like their skillet. As long as you have it a half-inch in the center, you’re fine. But you get right up against the edge, the edges don’t cook as well as the center. Still, Copper Chef is great. And I know they said don't put some of the stuff in the dishwasher, but it actually works in a dishwasher well. I’d recommend Copper Chef.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I’ve had the Power Air Fryer for a couple of months now and there’s so much more I could do with it than the regular air fryer. I had an older model of the fryer that didn’t have a divider in it and I could only cook one thing, and it had to be a small portion. I like the Power Air Fryer because I can cook three different things if I want to. I did a Hasselback potato. I had to score the potato but not all the way through, then put the butter over it while cooking it. However, the butter all ran down to the bottom of the drip pan. I tore up a piece of tinfoil and folded it and put it under so that the butter didn’t all run to the bottom. It sat in the potato or the potato sat in it and when I was done cooking, I took the butter and poured it over the top of the potato. I started with the potato then cooked the steak on an upper tray. I went according to the book, but I cooked it a bit too long.

I’ve cooked biscuits and chicken and I made beef jerky. I also did some avocado chips. But I’d like to get a small roast to do the rotisserie and I’m afraid that I don’t understand how to set it up. At my age, I need visual instead of reading. Also, I cooked steak and the racks were kinda hard to clean. The other night, when I was doing the chips, I googled and asked if I could put parchment paper in the fryer and I was told that I could use tinfoil or the parchment paper because it would save a lot of the clean-up.

The only problem I had was that even though it was supposed to be non-stick, the air fryer was getting the brown spots and it looked dirty. I even called the company that I bought it from where they manufacture it and they told me it was one month out of warranty. It would cost me $25 for a new basket, but I said, “Forget it.” The basket is clean. I wash it. I was very disappointed because I thought it would stay more prestige-looking, but it didn’t. All I’ve used are the racks and if something dries on it, it is hard to get them unless you soak them, which I’ve been doing. I noticed the racks are starting to show a bit of color and I don’t know how to get them off. I’ve tried using Brillo, but it is not working either.

Also, I bought the fryer to get the $100 worth of groceries but unfortunately, I have not been able to cash in on that because I have an iPad and I was told I need a computer for that. I put a bummer on it because I don’t have a computer handy. Other than that, my air fryer is working perfectly. I love it for cooking chicken. I love wings in it and they turn out perfect. They are nice and golden brown and crispy. I’ve also taken a Reuben sandwich and stuck it in the air fryer. I reheated the sandwich and the air fryer did great. I would recommend it. In fact, I sent my air fryer to my daughter because she didn’t have one.

Tristar Products response

Hi Regina,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the Power AirFryer unit that you purchased. We highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We are on propane out here in the boonies and it’s expensive to have it delivered. We have three 25-gallon tanks and we fill them ourselves. It’s a pain and it’s expensive firing up the oven to reheat and do things. My daughter has a different kind of Air Fryer and I thought it sounded like a good idea. My wife recorded Power Air Fryer's video on the television so I saw their video. I called and they ended up upgrading me to the Elite, which is bigger. We've had the oven for a couple of weeks now and it's been a learning experience.

I would go on the internet, figure out recipes and figure out how to do things. The key is understanding how it works because memorizing all of somebody else’s recipes isn’t what I like. I can’t learn from my daughter either because hers is totally different. Hers is also a toaster and I don’t see whether this would actually toast like a toaster. But I moved our toaster oven to a different place and put this where the toaster was in the kitchen. The reheat is really handy though because it heats things nicely and doesn’t get them soggy like the microwave does. I copied their grilled cheese thing and done that with a deli apple sausage. I cut it in half and reheated it then put it on bread and toasted it like that with cheddar cheese. That was pretty good.

We also did pizza and flat bread in it, and it worked better than in the oven because it wasn’t soggy. It tends to get soggy in the middle with the way we make it. It wasn’t this time because it was on the screen thing and it got heated from the bottom. But in putting the two of them in, I had them done halfway then switched the trays. The trays were kinda close together though and the top tray is kinda tight. it's like the sides of the thing aren’t parallel so it’s tighter at the top than at the bottom. I also had to figure out how to do breaded things correctly. When I got them the first time, it tasted good. Fried chicken tasted okay but it wasn’t crispy enough. But on the next time, I got them crispy. I've had to learn but in having the Power Air Fryer, I haven’t used the stove and the propane anywhere near as much.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I like my Power AirFryer oven from Tristar Products. I felt like it was a good idea for me to get it to save calories. It saves time, too. I've made carrot and potato fries in it. They came out just as good as if you were buying from the store, especially the carrot fries because if I don’t want that starch and I have a taste for something like French fries, I'll use that and make carrot fries. Sometimes, if I want something sweet, I'll still use the carrot fries and put a little cinnamon on it. I've used the rotisserie part where it has the wheel and I've put chicken on there. I did a rotisserie chicken. I've done ribs with the spits on there. I've used every single thing possible in there to make sure it comes out right. I even used the dehydrator. I also made some apple chips, which came out good. I used the dehydrator and I sliced them up. My thing is to save calories instead of eating junk food or some.

The oven has everything on there, and I just glimpsed through the book and I might even use some of the recipes. The reason why I wanted it was the dehydrator and to make fried foods, I don’t have to use the oil. I just use a little bit of pan spray. I had problems with the oven because I ordered it and it came in two days but it came empty. I just had the air fryer oven but I didn’t get the accessories with it and I've had problems trying to get everything. It took a few weeks before I got all the accessories that I was supposed to get.

I was really uptight about it because I had to go through a lot of drama to get to speak with someone. I was upset because I had it sitting there for so long but I couldn't use it because I didn’t have anything to put into. I didn’t have any trays. And if anybody were to ask me about it, I would tell them, "Don’t get it," because of my experience. But I do tell them, "Make sure you have everything if you order it." Other than that, I like it a lot and I'd recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I like that the Copper Chef cookware washes easily. However, the griller that is like a zigzag is very hard to clean. When I cook a piece of chicken or eggplant on it, that does not come off. I have to scrub and scrub and I'm not a big fan of that, so I don’t use that anymore. Also, the cookware all looks white now. I have OCD and I clean the cookware really carefully, but from just a little rubbing against it, all the paint has come out. And then, when the bottom gets a stain on it, it doesn’t come off no matter how much I scrub. Also, the frying pan's blade at the bottom sticks up a bit, so when I put the oil and I wanna fry something, the oil drifts away on the side and nothing stays in the middle. I can cook a lot of stuff in the pots but it's a hassle to fry something in the pans.

I don’t like Copper Chef's customer service. When the item is defective, they give me a really hard time. I bought the brownie pan from QVC and the inserter was loose so when I tried to put the blades in them, the very sharp blades fell down and landed on my foot. I called QVC and they said they were out of stock, so I called Copper Chef several times and they kept sending me blades but they weren't for the pan I had. I explained it and I gave them the size and the stock number, yet twice they sent me the wrong blades. And then, they sent me a blade that belongs to some other item, so I gave up.

I waited until the item came back on QVC and I bought two. It was unfair to me as I had to buy another pan because Copper Chef couldn’t replace the part and QVC didn’t have it. Then I ordered a bunch of items and they came in a plastic bag, and one of the items was all banged up. I called Copper Chef and they told me that I have to go to the post office, return it at my own expense and they were gonna replace the item by sending it back. That made me really angry so I threw away the pan.

The product itself is good but those minor stuff need to be fixed, especially their customer service which needs to brush up on their manners and cooperation. I have everything from their baking to cooking to frying. I even have two of the little stoves and my sister has everything. I buy so much from Copper Chef and then they send me something that is all banged up and they are not willing to replace it. They make me do all the work and I don’t appreciate it. On the other hand, when I buy from Amazon, they replace something that is defective right away and they don’t give me a hard time. Nevertheless, I like Copper Chef and I encouraged all my friends to buy it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I enjoyed this indoor grill until the fan broke just a few months into using it. Apparently they only expect it to last 60 days because that's their warranty! Yes, I operated it according to instructions and always put the right amount of water in the tray. You could hear the fan operating at first, but then it just quit. Now unusable because it makes too much smoke without the fan to filter the smoke through the water. I called the company and they told me to take it up with Sam's Club where I bought it. We'll see what happens there, but I don't expect they'll give me my money back either.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

The Copper Chef frying pan doesn't cook evenly on my stove, it burns the food quickly. It doesn't evenly distribute the heat. It's not hard to clean but I don't want my food tasting burnt. Then, when I got the cookie sheet and put it in the heat, it starts to bend. I'm really not happy with it.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Airfryer was given as a Xmas gift. Loved it up until two months ago when it completely lost power...switched outlets...no luck. Called company and was told to send $19.99 plus I pay for shipping/handling fees and they would replace it with a receipt. It was a gift - no receipt; therefore I am out of luck. If product is faulty why should customer pay for the s/h fees + $20? Not buying air fryers again. Too too bad.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I wanted to try out Copper Chef and see if it was as good as people say it was. I'm satisfied with it so far. I like that nothing sticks to it and it's easy to clean. I also have a cake set, oven air fryer, a basket that sits on a cookie sheet, egg poacher which I have not tried yet, big wok-y, then the square one, and a smaller frying pan. These items have good quality.

Tristar Products response

Hi Kara,

We are so happy to hear that from you. We do appreciate it!

Thank you.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I placed an order for the smokeless grill and chose the optional 2 qt. air fryer with the order. My bank account was charged on 6/29/19 for the full amount. This order was "placed" and "SHIPPED" on 7/01/19, supposedly. The grill was shipped by FedEx ground and received today 7/03/19, GREAT!! The air fryer was sent by Fedex-SP, (SmartPost), via the USPS and after much tracking and calling both Tristar and Fedex customer services, I found that the tracking # was not in the USPS system yet and was still in the Fedex system. The grill had a normal 12 digit tracking # and the fryer has a 20 digit (SP) #. The bottom line is, I won't get my fryer until 7/09/19. That's 2 days VS. 8 days and 10 days after I had paid in full and up front. Thanks Tristar.

Tristar Products Company Information