3.65/5
Based on 344 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

381 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

A friend of mine had Power pressure cooker. I want to make meals quickly for my family because I work, and my friends were telling me about it. I then borrowed one from my mom and tried it first and I liked it so I bought one a couple of months ago. They have the big one that was why I picked it, and I wanted to be able to cook a whole turkey. It does so many different things, and I also like that the meat is not dry. A crock pot can dry out meat and the Power pressure cooker does not do that. I got a cookbook that goes with it, as well as copper pots that are not pressure cookers, and I like all of them. Everything comes out of it tastes really good, and I can cook a turkey using it in one hour. They're all high quality. I would recommend it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I saw Power Pressure Cooker on the TV commercial and it just looks easy to use and convenient so I bought the first one four years ago. I actually damaged two so I had to replace and bought five. I bought my sister and my daughter one. I bought one of the cookbooks as well. I like it’s convenience of how it’s done and the speed of the cooking. It has a very high quality too. The way it’s put together and the newer one has a better locking system all around. It’s a great product. I'd tell others about the convenience of the Power Pressure Cooker and the simplicity of the whole system where the way it’s set up. It had a detailed direction. Everything’s good.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My wife didn’t cheer for the old type pressure cookers. She wanted something safer so we got the Power Pressure Cooker. It just happened to be the one we’ve seen on TV and I ordered the first one and it was too big. So, I gave that one to my son and his wife and ordered the small ones. It’s great and it does everything it says that it’ll do. Id’ recommend it.

Hi William,

Thank you so much for the great review! We highly appreciate the feedback and experience that you shared using Power Pressure Cooker. Please like and follow us on Facebook

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I purchased 3 Power Pressure cookers. I watched so many infomercial and it wasn’t like the pressure cooker my mother used to use and it was safer. I bought myself one and bought each of my kids one. I can put frozen food in it and it’s done in 25 minutes. I cook everything in it. I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. I cook scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage. It’s high-quality.

My daughter who had already used it loves it. You can cook your whole dinners. She cooks spaghetti meatballs in it. I’ve made ribs in it from frozen. I put the ribs in there and I put vinegar and a can of coke and cook it with that. And then I put some little barbecue sauce in there. Then when it’s done cooking in there, I pop it in the broiler for ten minutes to get the top crispy. Add a little more barbecue sauce and it’s done.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

When canning season comes around, Tristar's Power pressure cooker is going to be great for canning corn and green beans. I got my pressure cooker around Christmas time. I've had fun with it and I've made a few things in it. However, I didn't like the free pan that came with it. The stuff on the outside of it peeled right off. I used it a couple of times for French toast and I ended up just keeping it because it was peeling off. But the pressure cooker is great.

I really like that the pressure cooker does things quickly. My grandson got some meat given to eat and he said it was really tough. And to get it cooked so they could eat it, he had to overcook it and it was terrible so he brought one of the roasts over here and put it in the pressure cooker. The cooker did a beautiful job. The roasts were tender and we could cut it with a fork and it was that good. He was happy because he's going to borrow it to do some for himself. I'd already recommended it to a friend of mine and I told her that I enjoyed it.

Tristar Products response

Hi Sylvia, thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you love the result of the Power Pressure Cooker. Share some tips and hints with us.

Also, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with the free Copper Chef frying pan on your order. If you consider/wanted to have the pan replaced you must pack the affected product securely and send it postage paid with a description of the problem and date of receipt, proof of purchase, your full name and mailing address, a check or money order for $14.99 per pan and the note stating you "Returning the item for replacement" to the following address:

Tristar Products Inc.,
500 Returns Road

Wallingford, CT 06495

If Tristar elects to refund the purchase price, Tristar will also return to you the above-referenced check or money order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

It was fascinating how the people on TV said how fast the Power Pressure cooker is and how it's like a magic pot. So for Christmas, I got one for my girlfriend. It was back ordered when I ordered it in October, but it came in time for the holidays. My girlfriend has told me that it is indeed fast, like a Formula 1 race car. Get one. If you don’t want one, watch the infomercials for a month. You’ll get one.

Tristar Products response

Hi David, thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear that you have bought a Power Pressure Cooker. We appreciate it and encourage you to use it anytime.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I bought a Power Pressure Cooker because of the deal and I liked the way that guy on TV said everything about it. Everything’s good about it so far. The quality is okay. I recommend to friends that they get one.

Hi Gloria,

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We wanted to have quicker good meals and got a Power Pressure 6-quart cooker a year and a half ago. I like that it cooks things really tender, and its overall quality is very nice. A frying pan came with it and that’s really good too. We just got the 10-quart cooker a couple of months ago, and I bought my daughter the same one too.

Hi Elaine,

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I got a Power Pressure Cooker because of the convenience and it seemed to be a good way to cook. I can make a large amount of food in a relatively short period of time that tastes good. Also, I thought the quality was very good. I'd tell a friend that if it fits your lifestyle, it’s worth it.

Hi Jeff,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have the old-fashioned cooker that I cook grain and tender meats in. Power Pressure Cooker is an electric cooker that I can just set out on a shelf. My daughter has one and I have a daughter who wanted one, so I thought I’ll get one and see if it’s really usable. I called the number that was on a TV show where a man was demonstrating the use of it. I ordered a turkey cooker and it was an easy purchase. A free frying pan that had a copper thing came with it. My daughter got the cooker out of the box for me and I tried to put it back in the box. I started to lift it and I knew I couldn’t handle it. It cooks a big turkey but it’s too big and too heavy for me as I'm an older woman. Don't get a big one like this unless you're planning to cook a lot of stuff.

Hi Mary,

There are no worries if your unit is big, as you can still cook a small amount of food to the unit. The advantage of having Power Pressure Cooker XL is to save time and energy as it gives you succulent, slow-cooked meals, 10 times faster! It is extremely easy to use and locks in precious nutrients and vitamins in foods. The Power Pressure Cooker XL will infuse your meat and seafood with intense flavor, without adding fat, and it will make your vegetables tender and crisp while keeping the fiber intact.

Power Pressure Cooker XL has a lot of features that you can use in cooking your recipes in the fastest way. It is more efficient to use than an electric pressure cooker. It has a one-touch preset button, where you can set the timer for cooking your dishes. Power Pressure Cooker XL traps super-heated steam inside the pot. This high-pressure environment forces liquid and moisture into your food, locking in intense flavor and nutrients. It can cook 70% faster than conventional cooking.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My Teflon-coated pans have gotten scratched so I figured I needed a new one. I then saw a Copper Chef ad on TV and decided to get it. When I used it for the first time, I noticed that it was a large pot and I liked it so I bought another set that has a small and a large pot, as well as a frying pan. I like them. Nothing sticks to them and its easy clean-up is the best.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I liked what Copper Chef has shown on TV. So, I tried it and we love it. It's great. The Copper Chef pan is big and deep, and you can cook almost anything in it. It doesn't spill on anything and it cleans up so easily. We’ve had the cookware for about two months now and the quality is very good. The product is excellent and I would recommend it.

Hi John,

Thank you for the great review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Copper Chef Cookware! We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow our Facebook @OfficialCopperChef.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My husband ordered two sets of Copper Chef Cookware for me and I like them very much. I'm using it more and I like the idea that you can put it in the oven. In fact, I took it to my grandson's for Superbowl with some Swedish meatballs and we just got to warm it up. The book that came with it told you what you had to do. I just wish I had more recipes to put in there but so far, I've been trying some of my own.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

After I saw the Power Pressure Cooker on TV advertisement, I said that it must be good. I decided to give it a try and it worked. The trial was well worth it. With the cooker, I like to cook big chicken and I like my food well done. The Power Pressure Cooker is perfect and of excellent quality. I hope Tristar Products come up with something excellent just like the pressure cooker. Try to get one.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I got my Copper Chef cookware on Christmas Day. I got the frying pan, the turkey pot, and that little frying pan. I like the way they didn't stick and I love them all. It's a great pot and I would tell friends to get them, too.

Hi Wanda,

Thank you for the great review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Copper Chef Cookware. We truly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow our Facebook @OfficialCopperChef.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I got my first Copper Chef Cookware set two years ago. My son-in-law got those so I purchased two more sets just before Christmas. One for myself and one for my daughter. One of the biggest reasons I went with Copper Chef was that it wasn't like some of the non-stick ones we had which has the material coming off after a while. That's not healthy. Copper Chef is easy to clean and they clean up real nice. I also purchased a set for my grandson and he loves it. He told me that if you put anything that's real cold in the frying pan, it would stick like crazy. So, before he cooks his eggs in it, he sits them on the counter and lets them warm up. And if you want to cook a steak, you have got to let it come to room temperature first.

Copper Chef should also make a special spatula. I use a plastic one and it doesn't scratch it but it's not resistant. There's got to be a better one out there but I haven't found one yet. But most of the time, you don't even have to use a spatula and you can just slide it. I cook eggs almost every morning and it comes out nice. I would recommend Copper Chef. In fact, I've told several people to purchase the cookware and they have.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the great review, for recommending Copper Chef to others and for sharing your experience with the Copper Chef Cookware! We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow our Facebook @OfficialCopperChef.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased some non-stick pans from Copper Chef Cookware and they are good. They are easy to clean and they work really nice and I like them. I am also going to buy the baking sheet next.

Hi Leo,

Thank you so much for the great review! We highly appreciate the feedback and experience that you shared using Copper Chef XL. You can visit our official website for you to view the offers that we have for all the Copper Chef items, here at this link:

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have always wanted to get the Copper Chef Cookware for my wife. I got her the cookware in December and she loves all of its features. They're perfect and I couldn't ask for anything better. The food that she cooks in the Copper Chef Cookware tastes better. Also, there’s no problem with sticking. We really had good experience with Copper Chef Cookware and I would strongly recommend it.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the great review and recommending Copper Chef to others. We are so happy to hear that you love your Copper Chef Cookware! We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow our Facebook @OfficialCopperChef.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My wife wanted some of the Copper Chef Cookware. I read the feedback online that says Copper Chef has great pans and that they perform according to what they saw on TV. That drove me into buying Copper Chef instead of the Gotham Steel. My wife loves the cookware and she’s really enjoying it. I ordered a couple of the square pans to try them out and then once my wife said she liked them, I went back and bought the pots, the griddle, and all other good stuff. We like everything about the cookware, especially that the surface is smooth and slick. It cooks really well and it’s easy to clean up. The price is fair and good for the cookware's good quality.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I like the way my Copper Chef cookware cooks my food and it's easy to clean. I've had it for a year now and I just ordered new ones with different sizes. Initially, I got the cookware since I didn’t want to use a lot of oil and I wanted to save the pans at work. Also, the guy who was advertising it was a chef and he seemed credible.

I like that the food doesn’t stick within as much as regular pans do. I could also put it in the oven at high temperature. I cook salmon and steak on it and I use it for almost everything I cook. It's also easy to clean. On the other hand, one of my pans had scratches on it which they say I shouldn't be able to get. They said they had a guarantee so, I tried to contact them to let them know, but I couldn't find a way to do it. I have to let them know it was returned, and I was a little upset about that. Other than that, the quality of the cookware is good. I'd tell my friends to get Copper Chef Cookware.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We love our Power Pressure cooker. I like the size and it's convenient, saves time and the food is great. The only thing I was a little disappointed in is I thought there would be some recipes in there and there wasn't. There were also insufficient directions. I would have liked to have had a few more instructions on how to use it and some recipes. Even so, it's a great product and people need to get one.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I bought my two daughters a set of Copper Chef Cookware for Christmas after I heard good things about it. One of my daughters says that she loves her set. I’m very satisfied with it.

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for the great review and we are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Copper Chef XL! Please like and follow us on Facebook

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I really like Copper Chef's big square pan and I also got the big frying pan with it. It has a glass top which a lot of people have today and it works great on it. It cleans out really nice and unbelievably easy. I got the cookware right before Christmas and I haven’t had a lot of time to use it yet, but I have tried other ones and the food sticks real bad. I got a good deal for the money I paid for Copper Chef and I’m very happy so far.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Two different units stopped coming to pressure within 1 year. I am extremely unhappy with this product. I loved it when it was working but for the price it certainly did not last very long. It does have very nice accessory options and I did spend money on them, which was now a waste.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have all kinds of non-stick cookware but it eventually starts to peel and they’re saying that Copper Chef doesn’t do that. They are also easy to clean up so I bought the product. I've had it for a couple of months and as far as I can tell they are fine. But the 10-inch pan is not flat on the bottom. If I cook with just a little bit of oil the oil goes around the sides but not in the middle. The middle of the pan is raised up so if I were cooking three pieces of fish I have to put it around the outer area of the pan. I'm not happy that if I want to fry something, I have to deep fry it when all I want is to sautée it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We purchased our pressure cooker 1 year ago. I have to say, I was disappointed in the lid design. The rubber gasket was an issue right away. The cooker would not pressurize unless we removed the gasket every time we used it, what a pain that is. We didn't figure this out until our food was way overcooked, several times and burned. We purchased the warranty with our cooker and when we reached out to customer service to inform them, we had to PAY for them to ship a new gasket, I was not pleased. We received the new gasket and this issue still occurs. I believe this is a terrible design. We use the cooker on occasion but not as much as we would like to due to the unit not pressurizing the way it should. We spent a lot of money on this and bought the warranty, but it just sits in the cabinet due to the poor design.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My mother used to cook pork chops, roast and ham in a pressure cooker so I gave Power Pressure Cooker a try. I also ordered an extra bowl. The appliance looked like it was awfully easy to do on TV and I’m all for that. Whatever my mother cooks in a pressure cooker, it comes out so tender. I’m 75 years old and I’ve never been much of a cook so I haven’t gotten that far yet but I’m working on it. So I tried to use the Power Pressure Cooker on just a regular old chuck roast and it didn’t work out very well because it didn’t come out as tender as it should have. Then I figured out that I needed to add about five to 10 minutes to the cooking time depending on the size of the roast and it comes out okay.

I would recommend the Power Pressure Cooker. You’ve got a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. I like that I can do the sautéing in it. I didn't have to get a separate skillet or use a separate burner on the stove. Because it’s electric I can set it and forget it because it automatically goes into the keep warm mode. If you happen to go to the store and leave it running it’s okay. It is well worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Little hard to figure out how to use. Instead of cook for roast you have to use stew. If you ever do a corrected usage manual I would appreciate you sending me one. After I called customer service they told me to use the stew, but not much else. I would like to be able to use it more often.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The Power Pressure Cooker looked like it would be easy to use and would make good food so we made a purchase. We got a second cooker for half price and so that appealed to us. It took a long time to get it because it was on backorder but other than that, it was okay. They’re a good value and they cook your meals fast. So far, I have had good luck with my pressure cooker.

Hi Carol,

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

If you needed to cook quickly, Power Pressure Cooker is the way to go. I bought it for my family for Christmas. My granddaughter and my daughter commute a couple of hours to work, and I thought they needed something that they could cook quickly with when they got home. So far, it's easy enough to use and when you put the rice in the pressure cooker, it cooks in five minutes.

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the great review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Power Pressure Cooker. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PowerPressureCookerXL/#

Tristar Products Company Information

www.tristarproductsinc.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use