3.44/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

281 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I had bought one of the Copper Chef Cookware frying pans and I liked how it cleaned up so I decided to get another one as a gift. I’ve been using mine for about six months now and it doesn't stick just like it said in the commercial. I also like that they're copper.

Hi Angela,

Thank you for the review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Copper Chef. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I wanted to find an easier way to can and I made the decision to go with Power Pressure Cooker because I didn't know of any other retailer that did any canning in that particular area with a pressure cooker. So far, I've only used their product for canning and it has done a great job. I've been using it for a couple of months now. It's convenient and easy to use. I just put the food in, press the button and walk away. When the alarm goes off, it's done. I'm pretty pleased and satisfied with what I have. I've used it several times and each time, it has worked perfectly. If someone asks me about it, I would tell them about my personal experience and that they’d have to go for that.

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate it! We are so happy to hear that you love your Power Pressure Cooker. Please continue sharing your cooking experience using it. Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We love using the pressure cooker. It is so great to fix a hot home cooked meal in a few minutes when you're tired and late from work. The food turns out very tender. Easy to clean. A little large to store but easy to fit on a shelf. Would recommend it to others.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have two Copper Chef small fry pans that I had previously bought. One for my father, because he fries everything he eats and he loves his. We never fry anything, but for what we have used it for, the small copper pan has been a good experience. And so when they were selling them on TV, buy one get one free, I thought I’d purchase that for a couple of friends as Christmas presents but I haven’t opened those sets up. We bought our Copper Chef Cookware because of the non-stick aspect of them and for my father because he was using Teflon and half of his Teflon was gone. When I went to my dad's house I saw a scratch the pan. It’s sitting on the stove and it’s been used multiple times without being washed. But he was using a metal spatula so I washed it, and I went ahead and put a Teflon spatula in the pan after I washed it. I suggested that he use that.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Our other pots were old and my mom really wanted the Copper Chef. But I heard that if you cook on cast iron pots, you could end up getting some iron. The body needs copper but not so much so I wondered if you can get copper cooking in it and could it be too much. That was the only thing I was hesitating on but I've never found that answer and my mom wanted it so bad.

Before, I had a round tall thing that is hard to get so I liked the shape and the depth of the Copper Chef cookware. It really is great for making a lot like beef patty soup and the amount it holds is my favorite feature. The fact that it seems to cook evenly is impressive as well. I noticed it seems extra thick on the bottom and it takes longer to heat up but actually that means it's spreading the heat out more evenly. We've only used it twice but we definitely like the Copper Chef cookware a lot. My one little complaint is that I wish they had wrapped the handles in rubber. They get real hot but they probably thought they could sell more if they cut that little corner there. We almost cancelled it too but then the guy said we could get $20 back and we decided to keep it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We’re remodeling our house and we didn’t have anything in the kitchen to cook with. So when I saw the Power Pressure Cooker on TV, I ordered it and I like it. It's a cool thing and we’ve cooked a lot of things in it. It’s been quite helpful although we found out certain things you really can’t cook in it. We tried the meatloaf recipe and the flavor turns out really good but it’s really mushy like a weird texture. I’m a good cook and for everything that I have cooked in it, I've found out that if you cook with less liquid it worked so much better.

As for the meat cooking like a pot roast, if you can put the vegetables 10 minutes after and cook the meat a little bit longer. It’s slow and low so it gives the food more flavor and it really works. I liked my meat cooked where they’re soft, easy to chew, nothing tough and a lot of flavors. I’ve already recommended the Power Pressure Cooker to a friend and a couple of people. The workers who are helping me redo my house do other people’s homes too and they've suggested it to their other clients as well.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I use this at least once a week. Usually as a pressure cooker, but sometimes as a slow cooker as well. In my opinion, the only thing that the company probably could have done better, would be to go into more detail in the instruction manual. It never really tells you both the time AND pressure that different items should be cooked with. Sometimes I just guess, and other times I go with the defaults. Also, some recipes would have been nice! ;)

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My pans were as old as they can be so I needed new ones. I then saw Copper Chef's infomercial and I liked that the things that were being cooked weren't sticking on the pans so I ordered from them. I'm loving the pans so far. And I gained 15 pounds. I like the way that the heat goes throughout and it heats up everything evenly. The only thing that I didn’t like was when I was ordering and the girl on the phone kept trying to get me to get more stuff but that's their job and I can't blame them. I'm very happy with the product.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I'd heard that the Copper Chef cookware was good so I bought some for us then some for Christmas gifts. Nothing sticks to the cookware so clean up is wonderful and we love it.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate it! We are so happy to hear that you love your Copper Chef. Please continue sharing your cooking experience using it. Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We wanted a Copper Chef for our sales and another one which we're going to use as a Christmas gift for my daughter. We've used it once and we tried scallop potatoes. We cooked it, prepared it, stuck in the oven, took it out, and it came right off the top. We like our Copper Chef. It's wonderful and it does exactly what they said it was going to do.

Hi Janet,

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We raise a garden and we have fruit trees in our yard and a cherry tree out back, and we do all the canning. My husband has been doing most of the stuff and we use an old pressure cooker that belonged to my mom. Then a friend of ours had a Power Pressure Cooker and so my husband decided to get one. He's been using it to can, which is remarkable, and the pressure cooker’s worth the money that we paid. We had big apples this year and he was able to can 74 pints of apple sauce. He really likes the cooker and we're well satisfied.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for the review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Power Pressure Cooker. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I did the demonstration with Power Pressure Cooker about three or four times, and I like their pans. I got the pressure cooker two months ago and I liked the amount of time that it takes to cook. I just took it out of the box and I haven't cooked with it yet but I’m really thrilled about it right now.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Power Pressure Cooker model PPC770-1 - I have used the cooker for about six months. The inner pot nonstick coating is coming off. I like to get a new one as I am afraid the coating could be harmful, can't find a replacement.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

When Robin, my patient, asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him that the Power Pressure Cooker was what I wanted. He got me one and I have it for two months now. My favorite thing about it so far is that it cooks everything really fast. All my sisters want it, too. But the other day, I made a slow-cooked pulled pork and it got burnt a little. My pot got burnt as well and I tried to clean it up as much as I could by scrubbing it. But it left a stain right where it got burnt.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought this XL pan not too long ago and every time I cook with it everything sticks to it. I'm very unhappy with the cost and the promise that nothing would ever stick to it. Wrong. Everything does. I also bought the air table and it's changing in color and can't be wiped off. I would not ever recommend this product to no one....

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I really liked the pans and additional ones and induction plate I bought from Sam's Club as well. HOWEVER, after using the sear feature a few times the interior finish of the pan became less and less stick resistant and more and more difficult to clean. Left me kinda disappointed. Thought you guys reinvented the wheel at first. I have three pans including the big oven pan and have experienced the problem with all of them. If it weren't for this I would absolutely love them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Copper Chef Cookware is wonderful. I bought two of them and I'm going to give one away as a gift. I’ve had the skillet for several months and it's a good product, that's why I bought it. I don't normally buy that kind of stuff but I did so for its value. The cookware is non-stick and it's easy for me to clean when I'm doing KP duty. With Copper Chef, everything ran pretty smoothly. The only downside of that was when I bought it, the guy wanted to sell me shoes and clothes as well. What he should do is sell his product, be proud of it and get off of it. He shouldn’t try to poof up the bill by a special 25% off. That gets boring to intelligent people. To some people, it's probably wonderful but not to me.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This product is horrible. It sticks and burns, it’s not worth paying AT ALL! It needs to be removed from the stores. Refunds should be given for the lies that were told. I AM DISAPPOINTED and DISSATISFIED WITH THIS PRODUCT and COMPANY!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I needed a pan and thought I'd try the Copper Chef Cookware set when I saw it on television. Somebody told me that Copper Chef was really good in as far as not sticking. I've had it for three weeks and like it so far. I've used it to make spaghetti. I also canned some peaches and used the big 11-inch pan, the one the comes with a basket in it, to get the skin off the peaches. The quality is good and it washes up well. I'd recommend Copper Chef.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I've seen Copper Chef Cookware on the television a number of times. That time I ordered, it was on a Sunday and they were having a special and I said, "I should take advantage of this because I've been thinking about it anyway.” I got the 5-piece set with the deep pan and the other stuff that went with it. I’ve had them for a couple of weeks and I got the frying pan and the cover just last week. I love it. It looks sturdy and it's well made and it's something I will use a lot. I like the depth of the pan because I can put the meat on the bottom and vegetables and potatoes, and stick it in the oven. I was just glad that I got it and I think they were fair with their price. I would tell my kids about it. I’d tell my friends it's a good deal and they should get it. I'm very satisfied with it. I like it a lot and will use it a lot.

Hi Delphine,

Thank you for the review and thank you for sharing your experience with the Copper Chef Cookware. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was originally thrilled with the cooker. Then I replaced the floating valve because it would lose steam and not pressurized. That didn't resolve the problem and the cooker won't contain the steam at all. I haven't used it in months and am so disappointed. I know someone who has an instant pot and never had an issue. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, ever.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I got a pressure cooker as a wedding gift six years ago and it just died. I bought another one a couple of years ago with a different brand and something happened with the lock-in mechanism so I threw it out. It was time to get a new one and while I was in Bed Bath & Beyond, the Power Pressure Cooker was on sale. I looked online and noticed they have a large-sized pressure cooker so I bought it online and I'm happy I did. I've had this pressure cooker for a month now. I like the size and the speed at which it cooks. I also have a couple of cookbooks from them which was free. So far, the quality of their product is good and I would recommend it to others.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I got a Copper Chef pan for my daughter. I got her a big one because there's five of them in their family and she liked the pan a lot. I wanted one as well, the small 9.5 inch pan, but they said I had to get the same size on the deal that I got. That’s the only thing I didn’t like about it. I've only used my pan once and I like it. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I wanted to see if the Power Pressure Cooker would be something I'd use. When I ordered, I was supposed to have been able to get a second one for half price. But when I received my order, I only got one. When I called back to see why I didn't get the one that was 50% off, they said it wasn't on my order. I ended up not doing anything. However, the one I got was the largest and it's just too large most of the time. It's the one I use when all the family is here. The smaller one I was getting for 50% off was the one that I was going to use a lot, so I was a little upset about that. When I called them, they wouldn't offer me the 50% off because it had to have been with the order and I didn't have any way to prove that it was. I've had it for a couple of months and I like the speed that I can cook something. I think it's a really good addition to my kitchen. In fact, I just put in an order for another one.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Copper Chef’s ad looked very good and I wanted to get that type of pan, so I bought one through Tristar, and it turned out to be bogus. They promised that if I bought one, I can get another one free, for a small fee. But, I ended up paying for two of them for $91. Part of their ad also said that it was only available on TV, but the same thing was at Walmart when I went there the next day, and I could have saved $40. I love the product, but it was a disappointing experience and I’ll never deal with them again.

Hi Thomas,

Looking up here, you placed an order for COPPER CHEF PAN W/BONUS ITEMS BUY 1 GET 1 cost $59.97 plus Tax: @ 0.8 % cost $6.80 plus P&H cost $24.99 for the total amount of $91.76.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I used my pressure cooker for about 2 years, and loved it. But... a couple months ago, while I was cooking meat in it, the alarm went off, and it started releasing steam. It was a very frightening experience. Sounded like a fire truck siren in my kitchen. When I called the company, they were no help at all. Now it just sits on a shelf, because I'm afraid to use it again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

When I first started using my Copper Chef frying pan, it was working well. I used to get a sponge and wipe it off then it would come right clean. But the more I used it, the more I saw that it was not coming clean around the rim of the whole side. Whatever I make won’t scrub off of it and I don’t want to use anything abrasive. I even used Bar Keeper because that used to clean my other frying pans really well but that didn’t work. I spent hours just trying to get it clean and I’m really frustrated. I can see if I was using it every day, three times a day, maybe I was just overusing it and it’s not set up to have so much to be cooked that way. But that factor went out the door because I don’t cook that much with it, only twice or three times a week. I was also very disappointed that the frying pan didn’t come with a lid and I don’t know how to get it replaced.

But I like that it's nonstick and the way it cooks the food so two weeks ago, I went out and I bought the tall square that came with the lid. I bought two of them because I was going to give one to my mother-in-law. My husband was upset that I bought them because if the first one didn’t work out, he asked what made me think that the other ones will. Also, there are lots of other ones out there with the red bottom and my husband was telling me that we should try those other brands. He said maybe they will do better. But I told him that those came out after Copper Chef Cookware and are just mimicking them. Still, their frying pan is very difficult to clean and I don’t know what to do anymore. So my husband and I are going to Costco to buy a whole new frying pan kit, but not Copper Chef Cookware.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The product is awesome. I like the fact that I can bake, fry, and do anything in the pan. The product is easy to clean and it cooks perfectly. I’ve owned my cookware for about two months now and I own four of them. I'm actually debating buying the rest of it. Copper Chef Cookware is fantastic.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I saw Copper Chef Cookware advertised on TV that looked neat and I tried it. I bought a small frying pan through Tristar and I’ve had it for a year now. It cooks better, and things don’t stick to it, so I don’t have to use a lot of oil. It’s been really good and I really like it that's why I bought the big one. I got them and I gave one to my daughter for my birthday. It’s worth trying and I enjoy it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Power Pressure Cooker claims of being faster. I bought one and I have it for two months now. It's handy and very good but I don't think it's much faster. When I watched it on TV and the guy was going through it, he's supposed to have made cooked food in a short time. But I don't believe in that because from what I have run in through, it takes a longer time to cook in it than the way he put it. I put in an eight-pound pork roast in it and it took me about two hours and 12 minutes. I also thought I was supposed to get a cookbook or a slip on how long the cook time takes and I didn't get one. Another thing is they sent me a $100 food deal and I have to go on a computer to use it. I'm 71 years old and I don't know a thing about a computer. I tried calling them once and they gave me a disappointing answer so I won’t do business with them again.

Hi Wayne,

We are sorry to hear that you are having a problem using the Power Pressure Cooker. Please be advised that when the unit is plugged in, 0000 will appear on the LED Display. When a cooking process

is selected, such as Canning/Preserving the default time will be displayed for 5 seconds in the LED window. Then a rotating effect will appear on the screen to signify it is building pressure. Once pressure is built, the rotating effect will end and the display will begin counting down the time.

The “cook times” do not include the additional time needed to pressurize the unit before cooking begins. Full pressurization could take up to 17 minutes.

Please check the lid if it is properly closed. Make sure these are secure and in place: gasket, lid, pressure valve and steam vent before cooking.

Here is a recipe for the Pot Roast for your reference.

POT ROAST

1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

2 Tbsp. olive oil

Procedure:
Press the CHICKEN/MEAT button.
Set time to 50 min.
Brown each side of the chuck roast in the Power Pressure Cooker until golden brown on each side.

Season with salt and pepper. Remove and reserve. Add soup & broth. Mix and return meat to inner pot.

You may also refer to the link below to view the online recipes that we have on our website for you to be guided accordingly.

Regarding your $100 grocery coupon, please be advised that you have to redeem if first for you to take advantage of the $100 in grocery coupons and other cool benefits that come with the service. we suggest that you may ask your relatives or loved ones to redeem it for you since you are having a hard time using the computer.

Please reach us back if you have any other questions and concerns.

Tristar Products Company Information