3.78/5
Based on 448 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A leader in the direct-response industry for over 25 years, Tristar Products has given life to household names such as Genie Bra, Copper Chef Cookware and many more. They are a "one-stop shop" for inventors who want to see their idea brought to life and have a fast-track plan available through their on-site engineers, manufacturers and marketing departments. Products distributed by Tristar are sold internationally and can be found in Walmart, Amazon, Target, QVC and much more. Submit your idea today and become part of the Tristar brand!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

489 Tristar Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

My Copper Chef cookware has been fine thus far. I thought about the versatility of it so I bought them. I've had it for a month now and it was an impulse buy. I was dissatisfied with the salesmanship when I called. More than anything, it was very persuasive or pushy. Also, I saw it advertised on TV and I expected a couple accessories to be included but they were not.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Great idea unfortunately not well made. Order product (Air Fryer Oven) and used it three times before it stopped working. Warranty is 60 days? That tells me they know it’s not very reliable. Oh they offered an return authorization number for Me to return it but shipping is my problem. Cost 60 dollars on economy shipping...half the cost of product. My suggestion is don’t waste your time or money.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my Copper Chef Cookware. It’s non-stick and easy to use and I can cook anything in them. I used to have cookware that I bought at Walmart but I wasn’t happy with it and there was another one that someone gave me and I didn’t like that one either. I threw it away. I bought the Copper Chef Cookware a year ago and the quality is excellent. Initially, I bought the wok, the crisper and a square one because I cook a lot. I would tell a friend to buy them now.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The Power Air Fryer looked like it was more versatile in things that you can do, so I got that one compared to another brand. But it doesn't do a rotisserie and I want it to be a little larger. It's been roughly two to three months since I've owned it and I haven't really used it much. When I've done wings and things, it's not as crispy as I expected them to be.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My wife and I bought two Copper Chef Cookware and since then she uses them everyday anytime she's gonna cook anything. She loves them. We've got a set of the stainless steel pots and she'd rather use the copper. She uses it for everything. She's been telling everybody the cookware is awesome and they should try them. Get it because there's no way you're gonna misuse them unless you're just trying to burn them up.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for the great review! We highly appreciate the feedback and experience that you shared using Copper Chef Cookware. Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I heard about Copper Chef Cookware first on television and I was curious about how what they advertised stood up for. I bought Copper Chef and I bought the Red Copper also to compare the two. Since I got the induction cooktop, I just gave the Red Copper away. I went with Copper Chef because of their anti-stick. However, I found out that if you put stuff on there without any oil at all, it will still stick a little bit. But, that did not discourage me from buying a complete set afterward.

I have owned the cookware for about six months already, and my favorite thing about it is that I can cook the egg in the sausage oil and it will slide all around that omelette pan, so I just flip the egg right out of the pan instead of using the spatula. I play games with it, otherwise cooking would be boring. When we are having our mini prayer breakfast at church, I take the induction cooktop and my large pan, and I cook over there and leave the stove free for everybody else. They are light and I like the induction plate that is on the bottom of them. If I get a house my electric stove is gonna be induction and this is gonna be a starter. Overall, I love the quality of it. It is great.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We got a new Power Air Fryer three-tray oven and we like it. It is better than the other air fryer we had with the little basket that one has to shake constantly. We've had Power Air Fryer for a couple of months now and everything has been good so far. Also, I’ve already recommended it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I saw The Power Air Fryer on TV and I thought it looked good. It can do numerous different things and I was interested in making my own beef jerky so I liked that it was a hydrator. I've only had it for a few months now but the quality seems decent to me. I've used it for reheating a couple of things, like pizza bites and marshmallow sticks. I also used it to do some french fries and they came out good. I also made the beed jerky once and everybody that gave it a try said it came out awesome. It smelled good and it was nice and tender.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We love Copper Chef. We use their pots and pans all the time and we got all our old ones thrown out. I saw this brand on a home shopping network and I liked the non-burn surface. I ordered from them and got it quickly, and I've had no issues with any of the pots and pans that I purchased. I cook a lot of things in there including apple turnovers. I like the cooker unit that comes with the pot and pan as it's amazing how it radiates. The cookware is a lot simpler too. And if you treat those pans right, they would last a long time and that's more cost-effective. We've had ours for a couple of years now. I recently purchased baking and sheet pans and Copper Chef has been nothing but good. I'd tell people to purchase it. In fact, I got my daughter-in-law to buy a set.

Original review: May 26, 2018

It is more expensive in Phoenix to run the electricity between 3:00 and 8:00, so I don’t use an oven during that time. My husband saw the Power Air Fryer on TV and he was impressed with it. We have had it for about a month now and like it. However, one of the reasons I wanted it is the rotisserie and it is not working. There was a recipe that has sausages on the rotisserie to cook them and I could not get that to turn. I know where I’m supposed to put it but it just doesn’t seem to engage and there weren’t good directions for it. So, I’m not happy about that. I don't recommend this product right now.

Original review: May 25, 2018

A friend referred to me the Power AirFryer Oven. It has more cooker capacity and rotisserie compared to other similar products. I've had my Power AirFryer for about two and a half months now and its quality is good. I like cooking and I like the Power AirFryer Oven. The taste of the food after it comes out of the oven is good.

Hi Jan,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the Power AirFryer Oven that you purchased. Thank you for sharing your experience and we highly appreciate your feedback! Please like and follow us on Facebook.

Thank you.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I liked the no oil idea so I got a Power Air Fryer Oven. The one that I got is nice and I'm happy with it. However, it takes an awful lot of time to cook. I couldn’t cook for a party with it. I'm also having a hard time finding directions to cook French fries with it. But I use the rotisserie and I like it. I was looking for a larger one though, but it was too expensive.

Hi Ronald,

Thank you so much for the great review and also for sharing your experience using the Power Air Fryer Oven. We highly appreciate it.

We provided the information on how to cook the French fries with the time and temperature on the manual of your unit. You can visit this link below and choose the Power AirFryer Oven manual that you needed.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I roasted a 4 pound chicken in the oven fryer and found the 40 minutes was not long enough. Perhaps the instructions should recommend a longer cooking time for larger birds. A 4 pound chick just fits in the oven. I could not find a smaller chicken at the store. I used the recipe for beer can chicken (adjusting the rub to my family's taste) and the flavor was wonderful. I look forward to trying more foods in the oven.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I saw the Power Air Fryer in the commercial and it looks interesting and unique. You also don't use oil in it which is healthy. I didn’t know there were similar products. I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and got a cookbook. It said air fryer and I guess it’s the same thing as what I got. It was just a few days later that I received the fryer and I’m looking forward to trying it out once I got it set up and figured out what to do.

Hi Robert,

Original review: May 23, 2018

Tristar Products showed how I could fry without oil which was what I was really looking for for healthy food. However, I tried to do a roast in the Power Air Fryer on a spit but I couldn't even get everything to fit in. My son came in while I was doing it and even he couldn't do it. He then said to just throw it in the oven. It was ridiculous. I also did a chicken in it. It was cooked inside but it didn't brown up so it didn't look appealing. I was not happy. They must have already used a fried chicken that was already browned up before they put it in the Power Air Fryer on TV. I wanna send it back but my husband threw the box away.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We had a smaller air fryer before and we just bought a bigger one and have had it for a month now. It can be a dehydrator and it’s more than the regular old air fryer. We also have made bacon, which we really like. The air fryer is great and very high quality. And we also bought one for our daughter.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I needed to stay away from heavy greases and lard which the Power AirFryer has helped me with. I got everything that came with it like the basket and the French fries cooker. It arrived quickly and I used it the day it arrived. I have it for a month and a half now and it's doing really good. I've tried everything on it and so far, my favorite thing is the rotisserie because I could cook a chicken and some shish kebab on it. However, they have so many options and I think they should have a bigger cookbook with it. Nevertheless, I've recommended the Power AirFryer a lot.

Hi Donald,

Original review: May 21, 2018

Copper Chef Cookware is wonderful. I was intrigued by one of the pots that had a strainer and you can steam whatever and it's great. I love it. If you cook spaghetti, you can literally rinse it out and use paper towel and dry it off and it's beautiful. I like to grill steak. Copper Chef came out with the grill and they have a griddle. There are other companies that copy them. I happened to be somewhere and I picked up the grill from another company. The steaks came out great but it warped and it didn't clean very well. I had another brand of pan and I made scrambled eggs. The frying pan was in the sink and then I gotta come home and clean it up. With the Copper Chef, I scramble an egg and just rinse out the pan, use a paper towel, put it back and it would be fine. The Copper Chef is better quality than the other ones because I've tried them.

I wanted to buy a grill that you can put on any stove and grills like you were grilling outside. I went online for Copper Chef and tried to sign up. My home address is a post office box and they don't mail to post office boxes. I tried calling customer service over and over. I went on other lines and I bought it through Williams-Sonoma. It is still Copper Chef brand at the same price and there was no shipping. I gave it to my girlfriend and she said it works great. I wanna get one for myself because I don't like the other one being warped. And they had a special where you could get the grill which is grooved and a griddle which is a flat surface. The grill was $29 and the griddle was $29. But for $59, you could get the griddle and frying pan set. You could either get round or square. So I thought that's great, $60 and I can get all three.

I tried to go on their site and ordered it but they insisted that I live in a post office box. I called customer service and they said they would send it to me and no shipping charges. The rep said that they have a special, that I could get a second set for $24.99. That's really good because if you bought them all separately, it would be $90 to buy them all separately. So I told her to send me the two sets and I gave her my credit card number. And what came in is the same pot that I ordered before and the utensil set, which isn't even what I talked about. So I had to call them up and explain the whole situation and what I wanted. Then they said they're gonna charge me shipping. And I said no. But they won't ship it to my address.

I finally got somebody that said they would send me what I wanted but they sent me the same thing again. They sent me a postage paid print out so I didn't have to pay postage to send the first two back. And the,n when the next one comes, they told me to refuse it. So I went to the post office and I said I wanted a receipt that I refused it. But they can't give me a receipt unless I buy something, so I said I'll buy a hundred postcard stamps, and then I got the receipt and I sent the cookware back. I called them and they already sent me what I asked for. I now have the two sets. However, they told me that they were gonna take off the initial things they sent me and they did not do that. It's on my last Visa statement. I don't know what they'd charged because they sent me email that they've charged me this, that, and the other thing. But they say they're sending me one thing, and they send me something else, so I don't know what to believe.

I'm not gonna pay for shipping because I was not supposed to. It's not my fault that Copper Chef screwed up on the website. I bought the two sets and I don't need two sets. The other one I got my daughter and her husband for Easter. And they love the Copper Chef. I'm just gonna send it all back and tell Visa that it's not what I ordered and I'm not giving my money back. I don't know what to do now. As far as the quality of the Copper Chef products go, they're A+. As far as the customer service go, it's 0. It's just horrible and they kept doing it. This situation has taken up hours and hours of aggravation and of my time on the phone with them and then going to the post office. Copper Chef needs to get the products in more stores or they need to fix their website. Also, they should make sure they get the products to the customers for the price that it says on the website in a timely fashion and not screw everything all up.

It was a real mess. I'll just go through Williams-Sonoma now. Copper Chef can't possibly make as much money because William-Sonoma has to get their cut. I paid $29.99 with free shipping from William-Sonoma. I've got two grills, two griddles, and two fry pans sitting on my desk, still unopened because I was waiting to get my next Visa bill, which should come in soon. I am really put out. I won't go through their customer service ever again. I'm gonna go through my Visa company and I'm gonna have them dispute the charges. I don't think I wanna talk to those customer service people at Copper Chef again. I asked to speak to the president or the main person and they couldn't do that. Whoever's in charge would wanna know that this is going on. If this was my company, I would wanna know. They have a great product and they have competition. If people get aggravated, they're likely to go to someplace else.

I tried to get them to honor the $59 for one set and the $23 for the other set. So finally, I agreed to pay the full price for the two of them. But now, I don't even know what I'm paying. They haven't refunded for the first thing. And then they sent me an email and said I'm being billed in shipping. And I'm gonna be billed again which is another payment. And I said no. I call up and put it on my charge and that's it. I don't pay three months for so much.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I’ve been baking my shrimp and French fries just so I have a French fry because I don’t eat fried foods. And then, I said I’ll use Power Air Fryer so I bought it. It’s a great device and it’s topnotch. I received it during wintertime. It was cold out when I went to the emergency because I cut my hand open with it but it was my fault and not theirs.

I loved it but I used it only three times in the whole time that I had it. I enjoyed it but it isn’t what ended up working for me. It did a marvelous job but at my age, I’m not home enough because I go out a lot and do different things. And so, I gave it up to my daughter because it should go to someone who’s gonna get more out of it. They like it and they love it too. So, it’s working well and there are no complaints with it. It’s an excellent item, easy to operate and super easy to clean. You can do so much with it and people should at least try it or use it.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Defective Oven - The fan is very loud. It is so loud that I can't stay in the same room. Also, I had to send it back with all of the attachments before they would send a replacement. So I will be without it till the replacement is sent.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Power AirFryer oven's rotisserie cooked meat wonderfully. However, I haven't been able to make French fries at all. They're not crunchy and they're dried out. I've washed the fries, dried them for a long time and put them in the Power AirFryer oven and they still came out exactly the same. And then I tried to do the chicken. It was good and juicy but the outside was not crunchy. I bought the Power AirFryer oven exactly for the two things that I couldn't make happen. They have a cookbook available with it but I have not had success. I've had the oven for two months now and I'm 50% happy with it. If somebody would want to contact me and tell me how to do what I'm looking for, that would be great.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I only got to use it a few times and now it doesn’t turn on. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in but the screen does not light. When I did use it the motor is load and the cooking time is long. I never used most is the equipment. I want to return it.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I purchased an Air Fryer Oven. I didn't receive a diffuser when the unit arrived even though I had gotten an ultra. I called and was told they were not available. I waited a week and called back. Same response. Also, I have not been able to print the grocery coupons. I would like to send the unit back for a full refund. Please advise.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We love crispy pizza, French fries and fried chicken. When we order the French fries, it's always extra crispy but we can't eat many because of the oil. Considering that my husband has diabetes and I have a heart issue, the Power AirFryer from Tristar Products would be great to be able to have fried chicken at home and not worry about the fat and the oil. We ordered it because we thought it would be an alternative to healthy eating, but still have all the perks of the deep-fried stuff. But it has been a huge disappointment. Everything I tried to cook turned out unlike any of the recipes or pictures that they indicate on TV. All the chicken was not good and the fries weren't crispy. The game hens were moist, but not even close to being brown. I'm not a happy camper and I hate it.

Original review: May 19, 2018

A friend has been trying the Power Air fryer and liked it so I tried it too for health reasons. I've had the unit for three months now and it's pretty good quality. But I’m still trying to figure it out. More directions and recipes would be nice too.

Hi Nancy,

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with your purchase. You can freely access our online recipe library using the link below for you to view all the available recipe guides we have. Just select the device you have on the "Cooker Device" drop-down list and click on the "APPLY" button to view the specific recipe guides you needed.

Please let us know if you still have any other questions and concerns.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I purchased 3 year warranty. I was going to return for 8 quart; however, when reviewing the dimension it was only 1/2" one way and 2" taller. I couldn't tell if this was inside or w/ the frame. The only reason I wanted this was the rotisserie. The 1st day we got this we tried hot dogs on rotisserie, but it doesn't work without breaking the hot dogs at the bottom and top. VERY upsetting. It did make tata tots but crushed each other. RAH.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We have tried shrimp, wings and a few other things and air fryer worked great. Easy to clean and the temp. and timer was great. The door glass being able to remove for cleaning was a great idea. I have recommended it to several people.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I like the concept of being able to get more in the pan because of the shape and bought a big pot from Copper Chef initially, and I have it for three years now. I'm into their fry pans now and the one I use the most is the small square fry pan. The cookware wipes and cleans right out. But, when I'm cooking with it, it seems to retain the heat on a stove. It doesn't just fry in one spot, it's even cooking. The cookware is of excellent quality. It's very well-made and I like the way the lids fit tightly.

I have a health issue and can't lift anything really heavy, but they're really lightweight and easy to clean. I love my experience with Copper Chef, but there are a few pieces I wish they would make that I don't have, and they sell things in packages where I only need one of. Other than that, I'm using it a 100%. I have a gas stove, and it works well on it. I tell my friends about it all the time and I've shared some of the pieces that I got for free when I ordered certain appliances if I already have it, and they loved it.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Air fryer - Love everything about it. Works as expected. Easy to clean up. The recipe book has great recipes. I have tried several and have not been disappointed. I like the light so I can see the food cooking without opening the door.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Just didn't perform like shown on T.V. and the coupons I can get on my own. Bought 2 and wished I hadn't. Hopefully I can give one away and they won't hate me for it. Wasn't worth the price I had to pay for it. Should've tried Cuisinart deep fryer instead.

Tristar Products Company Information