Tristar Products

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I absolutely LOVE it (Power Pressure Cooker)!!! I purchased the largest size and so glad I did. I have used it several times for cooking ribs. The first load was full of ribs standing on end wrapped around the inside of the cooker with the suggested liquid and spices. I could not build up steam. It took three tries to be notice my problem because the lid still closed but did not lock. Once I realized my problem, it worked like a dream.

I place it on top of my stove so I can use the exhaust fan for the steam. The next time I bought ribs, I bought the baby back ribs and I could stand them up and the lid closed perfectly. I set the cooker at SOUP for 30 minutes. Cutting them into sections of three ribs each avoided them falling apart when I removed them from the cooker. I then baked them with barbecue sauce for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees. They were fall-off-the-bone tender. I have not had the cooker very long but have already used it several times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is a great unit, I love to use it. Easy to use, very easy to use, safe, I would recommend it to anyone... I have the 6q, the 8q and the 10q. They are all nice to cook with. They take the place of so many other pots and pans, they help you make great meals too. I just got to tell my daughter all about these...

I've had Power Pressure Cooker for a few months. They sold me two of them and though I've never used mine, my girlfriend had used hers. It works good. I like it and I'd recommend it.

I saw on TV how Copper Chef cookware works and I was impressed. I’ve had one for about five months now and I haven’t had any bad experience with it at all. I'd do my eggs over easy in the morning with it and nothing sticks. I had a shallow pan to start with but I got two other deep ones, each with handles, the cover, and the basket. The quality of all the items I purchased was excellent so far. I'd tell friends to go ahead and get Copper Chef and they won’t be disappointed. It’s wonderful stuff and I’m very satisfied.

Michelle is cooking with the Copper Chef Cookware. She likes it and we babysit our kid so it’s convenient for us. That’s why we got it. Right now, we had to send the first one back because it didn't work right. It was burning the food so the thermostat must’ve been out of whack. The return process was good and didn't take long. They were very nice and we just had to bring it back via UPS. The item's very good quality but Michelle can't find a recipe. It's on the computer but it's like a book sheet out so you have to buy the book.

Sometimes the family has parties and I want to cook large amounts. Power Pressure Cooker was the only one I knew of so I bought it. I have it for four months now and it’s doing a good job for me. It's also easy to use and I would tell a friend that it was a good buy. It would be nice though if Tristar sends a sheet of the recipes when you buy it because I don’t have a computer and I can’t go online to get any recipes so I had to buy the book.

My fiance liked the idea of having a Copper Chef Cookware. It seemed like a good thing at the time and we got our first set six months ago. Then we got our second set recently. We have more than one house so we use them all. We like that they don't stick and they're nice pans. My fiance doesn't burn cheese and she actually cooks cheese right on the pan. I like the small frying pan. That works and cleans up very well. I was impressed with it. I’d recommend Copper Chef Cookware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tristar Products?

I saw some Copper Chef at Walmart and then I saw one on TV. I looked at the cookware and I liked the little chicken thing that the rep cooked on it better than the other brands. I've had this cookware a couple of months now and it works good.

We're on a fixed income but the rep mentioned $100 worth of coupons with the bonus so we thought we would go ahead and spend the money. We had to sign up online and then I sent that to him. I even did that three times but we didn't get our coupon. I was also given a phone number to call for their customer service and I've called five times, but the reps wouldn't do anything. I told them I already signed up online and they said, "Well, I don't know." I also talked to a woman who was supposed to be a supervisor but she said she doesn't know anything about it.

I got tired of calling and I looked at reviews from other people and they were having the same problem collecting the coupons. Those coupons were just a scam that they offer to sell the product and then they don't follow through with it. The pan itself is working okay. When we cook the salmon, we put the asparagus and the squash in and we have everything all together at one time. We steam and Copper Chef got that little steamer tray which works wonderful. It does for steaming the vegetables so my wife has been happy with it. But their follow-up and everything else was just horrendous.

I liked the non-stick part of the Copper Chef Cookware. That feature is the best. I got four pans where I can set an induction warmer, and some utensils. The cookware heats up fast and cleans up. I would recommend Copper Chef Cookware.

My husband and I both use the Copper Chef Cookware. It looked like what we would use a lot without oiling the pan to sauté the meat and we’ve also cooked all kinds of things on it. We got the skillet in December and then we got the big pot with the lid and everything two months ago. We like the non-stick feature where we don't oil and it's easy to clean up which is great. We also use the skillet on the heating device that came with the big pot. The quality of the cookware has been perfect and the products have been just as they say in the advertisements. Also, the warranty is a good thing. I'm glad that we bought the Copper Chef cookware and we also bought one for our daughter and son-in-law. I would recommend it to other people.

I gave Power Pressure Cooker already to my nephew then I'm going to give the other one to my niece. I just saw it on TV and in those commercials, they're really super duper tough but they take 30-45 minutes to heat up a meal. I'm an old bachelor. I heat and warm. I need it in 10 minutes and it's not really time efficient. Although, the quality is really good and well-designed.

I like a heavy-bottom pan and I wanted to see the things I saw on TV about Copper Chef if it was true. I bought two of the 11-inch square cookware with the handles on each side. One's mine and I sent the other one to my friend in Maryland. I thought I was going to get a cookbook with some substantial recipes but that wasn’t the case. I've had my Copper Chef cookware for only a few weeks and I’ve only used it once but I liked it. The cleaning is definitely easy, which was the most wonderful part. It worked beautifully and it did exactly what they all said it was going to do. I made a stew and I first browned the meat and everything slid right out of the pan. My friend also likes the cookware and she’s already roasted chickens in it. Others should try Copper Chef.

I bought my Copper Chef Cookware for my roommate and have used them many times. It has a nice price and the top fits any sizes of pots and pans. It's amazing. The problem was the advertisement. If everybody bought that product there's no reason to advertise to sell that. But I like the quality and it's a good product to have.

I like the deep dish pan we bought from Copper Chef Cookware. It's good quality and I've used it twice now. I popped popcorn the other day and the popcorn was better than it's ever been for a long time. Then I had an egg omelet in it this morning and it turned out really good. My husband thought the egg got stuck but I just let it cool then wiped it and it came right out. Nothing’s stuck. Not even the cheese. But when I needed some recipes on something, I couldn't find them. They wanted me to buy all these books and I'm not used to that. I have enough cookbooks and I don't need a bunch more. Their cookbooks were also terrible.

Copper Chef Cookware did a commercial, and they had the buy one, get one free at that time. My husband knew that I wanted one so we got it. I gave my dad the other one when he came over and he loves it too. It’s nonstick and I can cook without having to worry about burning my pot. It makes food taste a lot better too. The overall quality of the items was excellent. I absolutely love my Copper Chef and I already recommended it to a lot of my friends. It’s the best thing ever invented.

My mom told me that she wanted a Power Pressure Cooker. I went to get it online but on that same night I bought it, I saw that it was selling for a price that’s $65 cheaper. I called back and I tried to cancel but they said they couldn't because they had already mailed it out. This was just 20 minutes after I placed the order so I know that wasn’t true. Why pay out about $200 when I could go get one for $140?

The rep told me to wait for tomorrow to cancel it so I did, only to be told once again that it was already shipped out. As soon as the delivery came, I took it to the post office to ship it back to them. The guys at Power Pressure Cooker said I’ll get my refund in three to four business days, but it’s been longer than that and I still haven’t received it. I called my bank to do a stop payment on it and now I'm just going through the process. I called the customer service number of Power Pressure Cooker and they were very worried. They were so rude on the phone and I was frustrated. I won't be able to deal with them, so I went to a whole different company. All in all, my experience with Power Pressure Cooker was horrible.

I wanted to cook really fast and ordering the pressure cooker from Tristar went good. I've had it for eight months now and my favorite thing about it is that I can cook meat in it from frozen. It's also easy to use and relatively inexpensive.

I bought a pressure cooker, used it once and it stayed on the shelf for 15 years until I decided to get rid of it. I'm scared of pressure cookers because it has the tendency to blow up if the pressure doesn’t get out but the Power Pressure Cooker has a valve that releases the pressure slowly. I gave my son a small one but they are scared to use it because it didn't come with a booklet with recipes and on how to use it.

As for me, I got the big Power Pressure Cooker and I bought it for canning purposes. I’ve also made a couple of dishes with it. The Power Pressure Cooker is faster than other cookware. I can cook beans in it from scratch and it won’t take eight hours. It’s convenient and if I don't have the time, it's better than a Crock-Pot. But for fast cooking, I wouldn't recommend it. I would say to a friend that they're nice and I own one. In this world today, I want my family to have more healthy food than something they can get at the restaurant because fast food is not healthy and I really don't know what they're putting in my food but at home, I do.

This 10 Qt. Pressure Cooker is excellent for cooking meats/chicken; but, cooking pastas is too inconvenient. The pastas come out too tough even when I've followed the recipes from the book that I bought from you all. The other concern that I have is releasing the pressure. Each time I do it, I'm afraid the hot steam is going to burn me even when I'm using a cloth to move the valve to the release steam position. I don't consider myself an expert in using the pressure cooker yet. Maybe in a year or two I'll feel more confident in using it.

We love our power cooker. We both work full time plus help my in-laws with cattle and the power cooker has been the most amazing new tool in our kitchen, it's awesome!! We got the cook book with it, it has amazing recipes that I had not even thought of to try before.

I absolutely LOVE my pressure cooker! I keep it out on a small table in the kitchen, so when time is short or don't feel like heating up the kitchen, it's right there ready to use. I work different hours during the week and often get home too late to cook traditionally. Power Pressure Cooker to the rescue!!!

I've got Copper Chef Cookware at my house and up at my cabin. Qualitywise, they're great and I love them. They're easy for me to clean up and take care of. The smaller pan has a rounded bottom, and when you fry eggs they run to the corners, so it’s not flat.

I saw the Power Pressure Cooker on television. It looked easy and the dishes looked good. But when I got it, it does okay on some things. I followed the instructions explicitly on a lot of the recipes from the book that I bought for it. Nothing seems to come out right. I’ve had it for about four weeks and I don't like it so it’s now in my attic.

My wife and I work a lot and we don't really have time to do a roast or something like that all day or in a Crockpot so we decided it would be cool to get a pressure cooker. We saw Power Pressure Cooker on TV and they had a deal going on. It was $100 for the cooker. I watched a couple of online videos from people that had it. They did some recipes in there and they all gave it positive reviews. There were very few negative sides to it and we were like, "$100, we'll take a shot." It came with an eight by eight copper pan that’s part of when you purchase it that day at that time. It's been about two months now and I’ve done a pot roast with it then a Stroganoff sort of dish and it turned out good.

Overall we're satisfied with it. There are just a couple of things on the pressure cooker like the little steam release that is different than I thought it was. It's not like as you always see them just push it over, real nice and easy and then it lets off all the steam. On ours I have to hold it down with my hand and just push it down. But the cooker is decent for the price of $100. It's also a decent size. We got the eight quarts which isn't the biggest but it's not the smallest. For two or four people it's just about right. The assembly instructions were also easy to follow. I've only really used it a couple of times so right now it's kind of still new but it is what they say it is. Our expectations were met.

I’ve owned a Power Pressure Cooker for a few months and I thought it was going to be more of a convenience but it wasn’t. It's worthless. There were a couple of good things but they don't really give directions on what to do. They should give better directions on how to cook certain things instead of figuring it all out and then overcook stuff. I would never buy another one.

I was trying to find an easier way to cook supper and be able to finish it for that same night. So I got a Tristar Power Pressure Cooker at the beginning of June. I also purchased the copper pots and the quality is very good. I liked them and the pressure cooker helped my life. I like how the pressure cooker cooks quick. I can have something ready in 20 minutes and I've made about 10 meals with the pressure cooker.

The first time we used the pressure cooker, we had to wash it and I had a problem getting the top back together. So they should have more displays shown on how the top part come apart and putting it together. Also, it’s hard for me to find more recipes. I didn’t order any of those cookbooks, and I’m trying to cook healthier meals. So I’m still trying to come up with recipes and I have to change our lifestyle because I have to prepare more ahead of time when cooking. I didn’t have a lot of seasonings and they make a difference. I had to look at the recipes I wanted. So, it’s more prepping work to get what I wanted to make. I don’t want to stop using the pressure cooker, but it’s staying on my counter. And I’m using it at least once a week.

I'm doing weight loss and got the Power Pressure Cooker so I can cook chicken fast. The quality seems good to me and I like that I can skin off a whole chicken and cook it, and it won't be dried out. I ordered a deal where you get the copper pans with the pressure cooker. I was sent the round one, instead of the square one, so they had me send them back. I sent it back and it's been a month but I haven't received another pan. I also ordered a smaller Power Pressure Cooker from Amazon and I’m having the same kind of results with it.

I got the 8 quart Power Pressure Cooker and right after I bought it, they came out with a 10 quart. So, I bought the 10 quart and gave my sister the 8 quart. She's been enjoying fixing her meals in there. It really comes in handy getting food fixed quicker. When I bought it that doesn't have to do with the condition of the cooker. The cooker has been really good. I haven't tried a lot of the recipes. But I've used it for general cooking like meats and vegetables and I make a lot of soup. It’s excellent. I've tried several of the regular pressure cookers and I was impressed with the amount of time that the Power Pressure Cooker takes to get a meal ready. If I'm not sure what I want to fix for dinner, I can still get it done in time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have tried at least 10 times to get these $100 food coupons and have been unsuccessful. Your people told me they were sending them to me. Tried to get them on your website but impossible. Going BBB to help get this settled.

My mom wanted the Tristar Power Pressure Cooker because of the stuff they gave away with it, the copper pans and utensils. The quality of the products is perfect. Everything is fantastic. But when I got the pressure cooker, the pans never showed up so I called them. They said both the pressure cooker and pans were delivered but I told them that I didn't get it. And two days later, I got the pans. I was so impressed with them. They're amazing.

I had my great grandmother's and my grandmother's old Presto which is the old style pressure cooker. But the steel has been going out of them being that old. I have always enjoyed cooking in a pressure cooker, so giving the Power Pressure Cooker a try seemed like the easiest thing to do. When I ordered the pressure cooker, I ended up getting all the different cookware from them. I've had the pressure cooker for two months and using it was fast and easy. However, the instructions in the cookbook that came with it were really bad and very vague.

I live right on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico and when I try to cook inside, it's 100 degrees outside which heats up the house a little bit. And the electric pressure cooker doesn't necessarily heat up the house versus using propane and the normal old fashioned electrical cooker on the stove top. A lot of people have had problems with the Power Pressure Cooker when I looked at the reviews, but I've used it about six times and everything seems to be working fine and I really enjoyed it.

Tristar Products Company Profile