Paula Deen Cookware

Compare Cookware Brands

Research top Cookware Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Goodness all of the negative reviews... I can only speak for myself. I bought a set of Paula Deen cookware 3 years ago and they are still like new. I use them 4 to 5 times a week. I have followed the instructions of no metal utensils, do not cook any higher than medium high and hand wash - do not put in the dishwasher.

My husband purchased the Paula Deen cookware for Christmas a year ago. I loved it at first, however the nonstick bottom is peeling off the bottom of the pan. I am very disappointed with this because I use my cookware daily. I have bought inexpensive cookware from the Dollar General store that has held up better than this.

These pans looked nice coming out of the box. I followed the instructions to the letter to protect the copper bottoms and it didn't work. OK, that's not a huge deal. After several uses, the "non-stick" surface of the frying pans looked disgusting. The worst part is the handles; they developed a coating that cannot be scrubbed off. It's gross. I've never had pan handles do that. What a waste of money. I will never buy a Paula Deen product again!

Please let Paula Deen know how rude and sloppy she sounds when she chomps on her candies while she's trying to sell them!! All I could hear was her eating all the gooey chocolate and pecan logs. I think she chewed with her mouthful the entire time. Sooo rude and unappetizing!!!

Rebate - I purchased cookware and because I read on several boards that you had to send in everything requested including UPC. I carefully sent in everything requested. Today I get a notice that my submission did not qualify because I didn't enclose the UPC. I didn't make a copy because I thought that if you sent all the information surely it would go through... guess not. If I could I would rate it negative stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Deen?

I have had my cookware for about six months. I am very pleased with the cookware, food cooks evenly and I just love them. I recently left a pan on the stove while boiling eggs. The pan was on the stove on high heat for approximately 10 hours. When I got home I immediately turned off the burner. The pot was still in excellent condition, nothing burned or melted. Of course the eggs exploded but my house didn't burn down. I believe this was because of the good quality of Paula Deen's pot and pans. Thank you.

I purchased a set of Paula Deen's cookware... I was extremely careful not to use any metal whatsoever. I was very careful whenever I washed the pans... None of this helped the bottom still peeled. A complete waste of money. I've seen better cookware come from the dollar stores. Paula you're a complete disappointment and a disgrace to the southern pride of quality products.

Paula Deen is a big fraud, crook. Myself and over 30 customers have not received our $30.00 rebate since November 2015 would. I will never purchase any of her products again. I not recommend to anyone else ever to use any of her line, let it be cookware or anything else. Her customer service is horrible, horrible, horrible.

I received this pot set as a gift. I like the way it cooks, but however over a period of time the insides of the set has been popping up even in my food. I do not use metal utensils in them. The set came with the plastic set. Would love to have it replaced with a better set. Very disappointed.

Cookware set purchased only two months ago. All black on the bottom - no finish left.

This is the second set I have bought. I purchased this set in November 2015 and they are the worst pans I have ever bought. They are all flaking. I am very disappointed in this product and will not buy or recommend this product.

I purchased a complete set of Paula Deen Cookware. It is the nonstick kind. The nonstick surface is separating from the pan and actually bubbling. It started to flake and I cant believe it would be healthy to consume that. For the price I paid I expect a way better product and even if it was cheap I would think whoever certifies this stuff for public safety would have caught this.

I sent in all requirements for rebate on 20 piece set of red pots and pans and have not received it. I sent in all necessary requirements at the time and can no longer reproduce them because they were sent in the first time. Will never buy any of her products again!

I have Paula Deen Red pots and pan set and it's flaking (coating is flaking off) and one of my pots is welting. I have had them for 2 years. How can I get these replaced or refunded?

I purchased Paula Deen cookware for just over $100. After I got them, I realized that the base of the pots and pans were so uneven that they would slide off the burners. Actually received a 2nd degree burn trying to catch one. Would not endorse and or ever buy any products from this line again.

The ceramic coating is wearing off. Otherwise we were enjoying the product. Who is the manufacturer so I may get a replacement?

I Purchased Paula's pot & pan set just 3 months ago. Very unhappy - The paint is coming off. We use them only a couple times a week and they are getting scratched bad. That is using the utensils you get with the set. The paint on the bottom of the pans is coming off.

The copper knobs on my Paula Deen pans are losing their finish. I wash them by hand, and they have never been in the dishwasher. I would like to have them replaced but don't know where to go.

I bought the purple cookware. The petite pan and pot were very dangerous. Their handles were heavier than the pot or pan and when used each spilled all over my stove and floor and me. I threw them out... and those were my favorite of the whole set. I was very disappointed. I paid a lot for the set. I treated myself, but was totally surprised that no one check these 2 items. Get smaller and lighter handles... a very disappointed customer.

I purchased the Paula Deen 15 piece pots & pans set from Seventh Avenue in January 2016 and it clearly said in their catalog that there would be a $30 rebate. I carefully followed the directions on how to get rebate. I photocopied everything as well before I sent it off. It didn't arrive, and when I called to check on it, they said they couldn't find it. So I faxed it to them. Still nothing. Big disappointment.

I purchased the 12 piece Paula Deen cookware for my son for Christmas. It had a $40.00 Rebate. I have never been a fan of rebates. More often than not you will not get the rebate. Unfortunately I am right and they have no record of the Rebate I sent. I only purchased these because of the Rebate. Not very smart of me. Now I see so many reviews that the pans are defective and the coating is coming off. He has not had his long enough for this to happen but I won't ever buy any Paula Deen products again. What happened to companies that actually cared about great consumer service!

I purchased a Paula Deen 11 piece cookware (Copper color) in November of 2015. The copper coloring from a frying pan came off and has stained my glass stove top. I hoped that it would wear off but it hasn't and has only gotten worse. In insert in the packaging of the cookware stated to call the Paula Deen Consumer Relations Department to report any problems so I did that today. The person I spoke to was very nice and said that she had never heard of this complaint before. She then put me on hold to speak to a co-worker. The co-worker told her that it is not uncommon for this to happen (so has been reported several times before). I was told that I have to call the manufacturer of my oven to find out how to remove the coloring from the glass top. She stated that there is a way to do it but they (Paula Deen) doesn't know how.

Very, very poor customer service. I really felt sorry for the person who was helping me as I could tell she didn't like giving me that response. I now have a set of cookware that I'm going to have to throw away so that it doesn't continue to ruin my stovetop and will have to take the time to research how to have this removed, or most likely have to replace my oven. I will NEVER purchase another Paula Deen product again.

My mom and I both bought the large set of red pots and pans. Both sets the Teflon has flaked and neither of us use any metal while cooking. They are also very faded. My set looks like it's 30 years old. I strongly feel these are very poorly made and there should be refunds given to customers and the pans should no longer be sold.

Purchased Paula's pot & pan set just 2 months ago and to look at them now you would think they are 40 years old. We use them only a couple times a week and they are getting scratched bad. That is using the utensils you get with the set. The paint on the bottom of the pans are coming off. Guess Paula is not the great person people think of if she puts her name on such a poor product. Rachael Ray's pans are going to be our next purchase and Paula will be scrapped. Thanks Paula for nothing.

I purchased a 12 Quart red stockpot. The ceramic flaked off and burnt my soup. I used this pan maybe five times. I only clean it with plastic scrapper and dish rags. I only use plastic utensils too. I am upset that I wasted all that money on soup I made. I might go a few days without food now! Planning food for three days and $20.00 down the drain! Out of work 6 weeks no income. Thanks for making crap product. I wish I could get my money back for pan and the food. Stop selling this pan please. Oh and I wish I saved the receipt.

I bought a set of pots and pans and the inside is peeling on the skillets. As expensive as they are they should last a lifetime. Very dissatisfied in them. I would not recommend them for anyone to buy. Haven't even had them a year and peeling bad.

After six months the handles are cracking and breaking in half. Really. I have sent pictures to the company and they will not do nothing. I see others are having the same issue. Crazy for the price I paid for it to do this. Please do not buy Paula Deen products.

My ex hubby bought me the Paula Deen pots and pans for Christmas last year. It came with the spoon and spatula. I don't have or use any metal on them or I don't put them in the dishwasher. I didn't use the pans for a while cause of moving so now I'm using them and the black Teflon is coming off of 2 of the pans. I had to go buy another pan to use (not Paula Deen) cause they don't sell the color I have anymore. I really like them but I don't like the fact that the Teflon came off so easy. How do I get another one that won't flake and in my color.

Small skillets tip over on burners. Lids have no steam escape. Everything boils over. Disappointed as I love Paula.

Sent all paperwork in to receive my $30.00 rebate and they scammed me out of it by saying I didn't send proof when I did, twice. I will never purchase Paula Deen products every again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As part of the Paula Deen empire, Paula Deen Cookware is sold online and in major retailers. Paula Deen began her professional career more than 25 years ago and continues to focus on bringing Southern-style cooking and entertaining to everyone.

• Colorful designs: Consumers can choose from different colors of porcelain exterior finishes with Paula Deen Cookware.
  • Charitable contributions: When the cookware is sold through the Paula Deen website, a small portion of proceeds are given to Deen's foundation, The Bag Lady Foundation. The foundation supports women and families in need.
  • Dishwasher safe: Most pieces of cookware by Paula Deen are dishwasher safe, and those that are will be clearly marked.
  • Matching accessories: Consumers can match the cookware with bake ware, utensils, and dishes for a complete kitchen look.
  • Nonstick finishes: The company's cookware is covered in the interior with either a nonstick coating or a porcelain finish.
  • Best for Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Compare Cookware Brands