2. Homeowners

Paula Deen Cookware

Paula Deen Cookware
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Paula Deen Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Deen Cookware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Deen?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

My wife got this set of cookware for a gift. Despite being very careful to use only plastic or wooden utensils, the coating still peeled. Most alarmingly, though, was when the bottom of the largest pot corroded through and began to leak while on the stovetop. Never in my 60+ years have I seen such a thing happen. Run, don't walk, away from this cookware as fast as you can. Shame on Paula Deen for being associated with such a poor quality product.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I recently purchased a Paula Deen cookware set and pans were damaged inside when I opened it. The box is in no way damaged at all, so I think it was packaged this way in the factory. None of their contact numbers work. I will never purchase Paula Deen products again! I’m now out my money and decent product.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I received a Paula Deen Signature Red Speckled Large Pot as a gift. The first time I used it to make homemade soup, the enamel came off the bottom. I had made a large portion to share with a neighbor and had to throw out all of it because I could not determine where the enamel piece (or pieces) had gone. I had about $30.00 in ingredients and a lot of time. I'm very unhappy with the product and would never purchase a Paula Deen piece of cookware

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

In August 2018 we received the Paula Deen 8.5-quart Air Fryer and had been incredibly happy with the fryer. However, after two years the Air fryer developed a serious problem. We started to find small shards of plastic on the microfiber cloth we used to wipe out the inside of the cooking bay. In addition, we found larger pieces of plastic inside the cooking bay that had peeled away from the support shelf. The larger pieces look like hardened plastic that had softened and peeled away from structure.

Is the plastic in its softened state carcinogenic as we have obviously consumed some of the shards? The high temperature setting of this air fryer tops out at 430 degrees Fahrenheit. All other air fryers seem to have a maximum temperature of 400 and Paula Deen’s air fryers now have a top temperature of 400. Did this contribute to the melting plastic? I feel the need to document this issue in case there are future health problems caused by this Paula Deen product. Correspondence with the Paula Deen company has all been ignored.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Purchased Cookware for my daughter and after 8 months it is falling apart! Paint on handles is coming off and the non-stick coating is peeling! She only handwashed them and used plastic to stir with. Do not waste your money!

Original review: April 21, 2020

I do like the Paula Dean Cookware. It is good quality and lasts a long time. My first set was a gift given to me and it has lasted about 6 years before it started to show some wear and tear on it. The only improvement I would suggest is that the handles not get so hot when cooking.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Tray became rusty, top & bottom. Engineering, needs improvement on tray! I have to add more words to report this Paula Deen convection oven tray. Overall nice oven, roaster, however, now I must purchase new tray.

Original review: March 10, 2020

After reading the reviews I was quite concerned if I would be able to return my pan that the inside coating come off. However I had a wonderful experience with this. I had no problem at all. They sent me a new one without even having to return the other. Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

The cookware is pretty in design but the finish on the inside does not hold up well. No matter how well I followed instructions. The finish even with a wooden spoon comes off. I had to throw two of the pans away. The only pans I have are the saucepans that I just boil water in.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

When I go to get a pan I always go for one of the Paula Deen pans. I love the weight of the pans, the way the handles grip, and I love how sturdy and stylish the pans are. I say sturdy because I've had a time or two with cooking food on too high a heat and the Paula Deen pans don't have burn spots and the food doesn't stick to the bottom of the pans. They've been well worth what I spent on them. And I will purchase more Paula Deen pots and pans in the future, not just for myself, but for my loved ones too. I trust the quality of Paula Deen's pans. Paula Deen is a great brand!

Paula Deen author review by ConsumerAffairs

As part of the Paula Deen empire, Paula Deen Cookware is sold online and in major retailers. Paula Deen began her professional career more than 25 years ago and continues to focus on bringing Southern-style cooking and entertaining to everyone.

• Colorful designs: Consumers can choose from different colors of porcelain exterior finishes with Paula Deen Cookware.

• Charitable contributions: When the cookware is sold through the Paula Deen website, a small portion of proceeds are given to Deen's foundation, The Bag Lady Foundation. The foundation supports women and families in need.

• Dishwasher safe: Most pieces of cookware by Paula Deen are dishwasher safe, and those that are will be clearly marked.

• Matching accessories: Consumers can match the cookware with bake ware, utensils, and dishes for a complete kitchen look.

• Nonstick finishes: The company's cookware is covered in the interior with either a nonstick coating or a porcelain finish.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team