1.42/5
  • 1 star
Based on 310 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for new cookware?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Paula Deen Cookware

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 17, 2017

323 Paula Deen Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I bought the square red griddle, a couple of years ago, loved it for a little while until I started noticing it not sitting on the burner. Dang thing warped, handle is too heavy! After reading the reviews, I will not be purchasing anymore Paula Deen products!! Should have stuck with T-Fal.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I purchased the Paula Deen Red 12 Quart Stockpot, which was quite expensive. I used it once and put it away. The next time while taking it out of the cabinet it was bumped very slightly (not even hard enough to crack a glass). I placed it on the stove (burner not turned on yet) and went to prepare my food when I heard popping noises. The pot enamel was just popping off, both inside and outside of the pot. There were little red specks all over my kitchen floor and needless to say, I will not be using the pot again.

The inside of the pot is harmful to cook in because there are large spots with no enamel on them. When I went to check reviews for this pot there were already over 350 for the same problem. It can be sent back for over $20 in shipping costs to me. I feel that it should be shipped, exchanged and replaced for free since it was very obviously either not glazed properly or in very cheap cost cutting way. It's a disgrace that she would make such an inferior pot at such an expensive price. I did not save my receipt since I had already used it once. I'm totally disappointed and I'm warning all of my friends not buy any Paula Deen cookware.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 8, 2017

Pans with padded handles and silver hanger hoop on end will not sit on burner empty. Handle end too heavy. Have to prop handle up to make sit up! Non stick coating chips after couple uses. Will never buy her products again!!! Had to buy new pans!!! Very unhappy!

Original review: April 10, 2017

While using my Paula Deen skillet with glass lid, the lid exploded and burst into a million pieces while on the stove. I will never buy Paula Deen again. All my skillets from her collection are bent and uneven, none of them sit flat on the stove. Poor craftsmanship.

Original review: March 27, 2017

My experience was HORRIBLE because they did not want to take care of a customer for a 30$ rebate that they owed me. I will never ever as long as I live buy anything from Paula Deen. You made a very unhappy customer just for a 30 $ rebate. Next time when you offer this, make sure you take care of your customers. Customers are always #1. Of course you do not know this because you did not take care me and maybe hundreds of others that had the same problem I did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Deen?

Original review: March 15, 2017

I have always supported Paula until now. I received this cookware on December 18, 2016. I am an elderly disabled woman alone and unable to get out to shop. I purchased this online from Amazon. I seldom use, no dishwasher, use soft cloth and dish soap to clean, no metal utensils, only those recommended... On medium heat. After a few times of boiling eggs, the color on the small pan used once or twice a week has faded to a rusty red with no shine. The others in 3 months I have used once or twice, so. Expect with precious little use they will fade too. What a bunch of crap. For the same price I could have bought a name brand that has been around for almost as long or longer than I have... 75 years. So I'm stuck as I've been told by their customer service color fading is not covered on their warranty. My advice is to AVOID THIS PAULA DEEN CRAP LIKE THE PLAGUE. Paula, you blew it and I will tell the world about this totally inferior junk.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

My husband purchased me a 15 piece set last year (2015) for Christmas and now I need to replace all the pots. The coating is coming off on all the bottom sides and you can't even use them to boil water for fear it will be in the food. He spent a lot of money for this set and I don't feel like I got my money's worth. I sure would be willing to send them back!! For the first 6 months they were great but after that little by little it started chipping away. Back to the old non coated ones I guess. Please read some of these comments before making such a major purchase, I did and most were good but I guess quality has changed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

After reading some reviews, my experience with these Paula Deen pans isn't much different. I didn't keep track of the date purchased or the receipt as I NEVER dreamt that the Teflon would flake off. GEEZ. Could be a health hazard?? My pans were never in dishwasher, & only used wood utensils. I still use the small pan to boil eggs. Ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I purchased a 15 piece set of pots and now the Teflon coating is peeling off and staying on my food. So now I can't use it but for only boiling water. I got rid of all my other pots after I got the Paula Dean set and now I am not too Happy. I got them from Montgomery Ward catalog for I thought was a great deal, but I was wrong. I don't think I still have my order number or my bill. It has been a while back. I don't remember when I got them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Goodness all of the negative reviews... I can only speak for myself. I bought a set of Paula Deen cookware 3 years ago and they are still like new. I use them 4 to 5 times a week. I have followed the instructions of no metal utensils, do not cook any higher than medium high and hand wash - do not put in the dishwasher.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My husband purchased the Paula Deen cookware for Christmas a year ago. I loved it at first, however the nonstick bottom is peeling off the bottom of the pan. I am very disappointed with this because I use my cookware daily. I have bought inexpensive cookware from the Dollar General store that has held up better than this.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

These pans looked nice coming out of the box. I followed the instructions to the letter to protect the copper bottoms and it didn't work. OK, that's not a huge deal. After several uses, the "non-stick" surface of the frying pans looked disgusting. The worst part is the handles; they developed a coating that cannot be scrubbed off. It's gross. I've never had pan handles do that. What a waste of money. I will never buy a Paula Deen product again!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Please let Paula Deen know how rude and sloppy she sounds when she chomps on her candies while she's trying to sell them!! All I could hear was her eating all the gooey chocolate and pecan logs. I think she chewed with her mouthful the entire time. Sooo rude and unappetizing!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Rebate - I purchased cookware and because I read on several boards that you had to send in everything requested including UPC. I carefully sent in everything requested. Today I get a notice that my submission did not qualify because I didn't enclose the UPC. I didn't make a copy because I thought that if you sent all the information surely it would go through... guess not. If I could I would rate it negative stars.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I have had my cookware for about six months. I am very pleased with the cookware, food cooks evenly and I just love them. I recently left a pan on the stove while boiling eggs. The pan was on the stove on high heat for approximately 10 hours. When I got home I immediately turned off the burner. The pot was still in excellent condition, nothing burned or melted. Of course the eggs exploded but my house didn't burn down. I believe this was because of the good quality of Paula Deen's pot and pans. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I purchased a set of Paula Deen's cookware... I was extremely careful not to use any metal whatsoever. I was very careful whenever I washed the pans... None of this helped the bottom still peeled. A complete waste of money. I've seen better cookware come from the dollar stores. Paula you're a complete disappointment and a disgrace to the southern pride of quality products.

Original review: July 29, 2016

Paula Deen is a big fraud, crook. Myself and over 30 customers have not received our $30.00 rebate since November 2015 would. I will never purchase any of her products again. I not recommend to anyone else ever to use any of her line, let it be cookware or anything else. Her customer service is horrible, horrible, horrible.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I received this pot set as a gift. I like the way it cooks, but however over a period of time the insides of the set has been popping up even in my food. I do not use metal utensils in them. The set came with the plastic set. Would love to have it replaced with a better set. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 25, 2016

Cookware set purchased only two months ago. All black on the bottom - no finish left.

Original review: June 7, 2016

This is the second set I have bought. I purchased this set in November 2015 and they are the worst pans I have ever bought. They are all flaking. I am very disappointed in this product and will not buy or recommend this product.

Original review: April 25, 2016

I purchased a complete set of Paula Deen Cookware. It is the nonstick kind. The nonstick surface is separating from the pan and actually bubbling. It started to flake and I cant believe it would be healthy to consume that. For the price I paid I expect a way better product and even if it was cheap I would think whoever certifies this stuff for public safety would have caught this.

Original review: April 24, 2016

I sent in all requirements for rebate on 20 piece set of red pots and pans and have not received it. I sent in all necessary requirements at the time and can no longer reproduce them because they were sent in the first time. Will never buy any of her products again!

Original review: April 22, 2016

I have Paula Deen Red pots and pan set and it's flaking (coating is flaking off) and one of my pots is welting. I have had them for 2 years. How can I get these replaced or refunded?

Original review: April 12, 2016

I purchased Paula Deen cookware for just over $100. After I got them, I realized that the base of the pots and pans were so uneven that they would slide off the burners. Actually received a 2nd degree burn trying to catch one. Would not endorse and or ever buy any products from this line again.

Original review: April 10, 2016

The ceramic coating is wearing off. Otherwise we were enjoying the product. Who is the manufacturer so I may get a replacement?

Original review: April 4, 2016

I Purchased Paula's pot & pan set just 3 months ago. Very unhappy - The paint is coming off. We use them only a couple times a week and they are getting scratched bad. That is using the utensils you get with the set. The paint on the bottom of the pans is coming off.

Original review: March 31, 2016

The copper knobs on my Paula Deen pans are losing their finish. I wash them by hand, and they have never been in the dishwasher. I would like to have them replaced but don't know where to go.

Original review: March 27, 2016

I bought the purple cookware. The petite pan and pot were very dangerous. Their handles were heavier than the pot or pan and when used each spilled all over my stove and floor and me. I threw them out... and those were my favorite of the whole set. I was very disappointed. I paid a lot for the set. I treated myself, but was totally surprised that no one check these 2 items. Get smaller and lighter handles... a very disappointed customer.

Original review: March 24, 2016

I purchased the Paula Deen 15 piece pots & pans set from Seventh Avenue in January 2016 and it clearly said in their catalog that there would be a $30 rebate. I carefully followed the directions on how to get rebate. I photocopied everything as well before I sent it off. It didn't arrive, and when I called to check on it, they said they couldn't find it. So I faxed it to them. Still nothing. Big disappointment.

Original review: March 13, 2016

I purchased the 12 piece Paula Deen cookware for my son for Christmas. It had a $40.00 Rebate. I have never been a fan of rebates. More often than not you will not get the rebate. Unfortunately I am right and they have no record of the Rebate I sent. I only purchased these because of the Rebate. Not very smart of me. Now I see so many reviews that the pans are defective and the coating is coming off. He has not had his long enough for this to happen but I won't ever buy any Paula Deen products again. What happened to companies that actually cared about great consumer service!

Paula Deen expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As part of the Paula Deen empire, Paula Deen Cookware is sold online and in major retailers. Paula Deen began her professional career more than 25 years ago and continues to focus on bringing Southern-style cooking and entertaining to everyone.

• Colorful designs: Consumers can choose from different colors of porcelain exterior finishes with Paula Deen Cookware.
    • Charitable contributions: When the cookware is sold through the Paula Deen website, a small portion of proceeds are given to Deen's foundation, The Bag Lady Foundation. The foundation supports women and families in need.
    • Dishwasher safe: Most pieces of cookware by Paula Deen are dishwasher safe, and those that are will be clearly marked.
    • Matching accessories: Consumers can match the cookware with bake ware, utensils, and dishes for a complete kitchen look.
    • Nonstick finishes: The company's cookware is covered in the interior with either a nonstick coating or a porcelain finish.
    • Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs