Paula Deen Cookware
1.42/5
Based on 319 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for new cookware?

Paula Deen Cookware

332 Paula Deen Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Very upset had to throw away a whole dinner because lid just shatter when trying to remove the lid. The top had a hole and shattered glass fell into stew. This is a very serious matter. Someone can get hurt. As well all the inside of my small saucepan has peeled so much. Threw it away. Can anything be done with this matter. Thank you. Would appreciate any form of answer.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I got the set of Paula Deens's red pots with the vertical lines on outside, I have a bad hazing issue and have tried everything to bring some live back to the outside of the pans. It's like it drinks in the water as if a sealer coating is gone. I will never buy her garbage again.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

"Beware Paula Deen's flaky cookware. Interior and exterior coatings prone to flaking off." This article is dead-on. When I first purchased two sets of this cookware at Walmart about 3 years ago it started out awesome. The non-stick coating was just that, and it seemed that even boiling water that the water started to boil quicker than with my old cookware. But then the coating started to scratch and even come off and that was using plastic or wood utensils. I thought that when I purchased it at Walmart it has a lifetime warranty, but now Walmart doesn't carry it and I can't find a website to contact Paula Deen's cookware. Just more of my hard earned money down the drain while someone like her continues to get more and more of it. I would like to have some options on swapping my damaged pieces or getting a partial refund, but I have no idea which way to turn. Thank you for allowing me to review this product.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Bought Paula Deen Signature product a little over 4 years ago. Today, I finally put the junk away and bought new product. The lining or coating on the inside of the Paula Deen product chipped and peeled off leaving the products unusable for preparing any foods to be consumed. No one wants to eat food that is prepared in a pan or skillet that has flaking off of the inside. This also made the product impossible to cook with as everything stuck to bottom and sides of pans and made it hard to prepare everyday recipes.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I am a disabled Marine Shot in the Afgan war. My mother wanted these Paula Dean pots and pans for Christmas, the first thing that happened is the handle melted off within 5 minutes, then the meat got stuck to the pot, even though we used olive oil. It said a lifetime warranty. I called they told me to go ** myself, and she called me a **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Deen?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I bought the Paula Deen food processor model PDFP317 from Evine on August 19, 2017. The first time I used it, the wand broke. I called the customer service number at Evine & they told me to call, 312-526-3760. A recording tells me to send an email about the problem. I sent an email and I was informed they would send a replacement part. It is now the end of December & still no part. I am unable to speak with a person, despite numerous request. I keep emailing, inquiring about the replacement part and requesting a tracking number for the shipment, but I have yet to receive either one. I am ready to return it, but I am worried I will not get a refund since I am unable to speak with a person to receive a return authorization. This has been an extremely frustrating experience. I will never purchase anything again through Evine.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have had a Paula Deen I quart pot for a couple years, and been happy with it. It is well used in my home. For Thanksgiving I was warming up something and hear a large pot. I thought my burner had broken but it was a small circle of the underside of my handle on the pot. It has no cracks or other damage to it. It popped so loud and shot the piece of the handle into my sink. I was just happy not to have been near to the shooting piece. It defiantly could have burnt or blinded someone. Not sure if this has happened to others and if I should continue to use it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Paula Deen Collection, Impact bonded stainless steel 3qt. pot - Loved the pot when purchased, followed all guidelines for wash and care, after a few years tiny pitting holes on bottom of pot. After a few more years pitting became profuse and now pot is out of warranty. First time buyer of Paula Deen product, not likely to purchase again. Still have my stainless steel cookware set from Macy's from the late 1980's and there is not a single issue with them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased a set of Paula Deen Cookware and into my sauce pans the Teflon started to peel and I only use the Teflon spray utensils that came along with my cookware and I got a reply back from the warranty department to send in three pictures of the cookware that I was having problems with. I did so and I got a reply back saying that I mishandle my cookware. The only thing that is wrong with in the Teflon in the inside is peel and that putter in perfect condition all the outside. And they sent me another email back saying that they will give me 25% coupon on my next set of pots so I was like please you all are not right so I would like some help with this issue.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I bought the square red griddle, a couple of years ago, loved it for a little while until I started noticing it not sitting on the burner. Dang thing warped, handle is too heavy! After reading the reviews, I will not be purchasing anymore Paula Deen products!! Should have stuck with T-Fal.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I purchased the Paula Deen Red 12 Quart Stockpot, which was quite expensive. I used it once and put it away. The next time while taking it out of the cabinet it was bumped very slightly (not even hard enough to crack a glass). I placed it on the stove (burner not turned on yet) and went to prepare my food when I heard popping noises. The pot enamel was just popping off, both inside and outside of the pot. There were little red specks all over my kitchen floor and needless to say, I will not be using the pot again.

The inside of the pot is harmful to cook in because there are large spots with no enamel on them. When I went to check reviews for this pot there were already over 350 for the same problem. It can be sent back for over $20 in shipping costs to me. I feel that it should be shipped, exchanged and replaced for free since it was very obviously either not glazed properly or in very cheap cost cutting way. It's a disgrace that she would make such an inferior pot at such an expensive price. I did not save my receipt since I had already used it once. I'm totally disappointed and I'm warning all of my friends not buy any Paula Deen cookware.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Pans with padded handles and silver hanger hoop on end will not sit on burner empty. Handle end too heavy. Have to prop handle up to make sit up! Non stick coating chips after couple uses. Will never buy her products again!!! Had to buy new pans!!! Very unhappy!

Original review: April 10, 2017

While using my Paula Deen skillet with glass lid, the lid exploded and burst into a million pieces while on the stove. I will never buy Paula Deen again. All my skillets from her collection are bent and uneven, none of them sit flat on the stove. Poor craftsmanship.

Original review: March 27, 2017

My experience was HORRIBLE because they did not want to take care of a customer for a 30$ rebate that they owed me. I will never ever as long as I live buy anything from Paula Deen. You made a very unhappy customer just for a 30 $ rebate. Next time when you offer this, make sure you take care of your customers. Customers are always #1. Of course you do not know this because you did not take care me and maybe hundreds of others that had the same problem I did.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I have always supported Paula until now. I received this cookware on December 18, 2016. I am an elderly disabled woman alone and unable to get out to shop. I purchased this online from Amazon. I seldom use, no dishwasher, use soft cloth and dish soap to clean, no metal utensils, only those recommended... On medium heat. After a few times of boiling eggs, the color on the small pan used once or twice a week has faded to a rusty red with no shine. The others in 3 months I have used once or twice, so. Expect with precious little use they will fade too. What a bunch of crap. For the same price I could have bought a name brand that has been around for almost as long or longer than I have... 75 years. So I'm stuck as I've been told by their customer service color fading is not covered on their warranty. My advice is to AVOID THIS PAULA DEEN CRAP LIKE THE PLAGUE. Paula, you blew it and I will tell the world about this totally inferior junk.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

My husband purchased me a 15 piece set last year (2015) for Christmas and now I need to replace all the pots. The coating is coming off on all the bottom sides and you can't even use them to boil water for fear it will be in the food. He spent a lot of money for this set and I don't feel like I got my money's worth. I sure would be willing to send them back!! For the first 6 months they were great but after that little by little it started chipping away. Back to the old non coated ones I guess. Please read some of these comments before making such a major purchase, I did and most were good but I guess quality has changed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

After reading some reviews, my experience with these Paula Deen pans isn't much different. I didn't keep track of the date purchased or the receipt as I NEVER dreamt that the Teflon would flake off. GEEZ. Could be a health hazard?? My pans were never in dishwasher, & only used wood utensils. I still use the small pan to boil eggs. Ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I purchased a 15 piece set of pots and now the Teflon coating is peeling off and staying on my food. So now I can't use it but for only boiling water. I got rid of all my other pots after I got the Paula Dean set and now I am not too Happy. I got them from Montgomery Ward catalog for I thought was a great deal, but I was wrong. I don't think I still have my order number or my bill. It has been a while back. I don't remember when I got them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Goodness all of the negative reviews... I can only speak for myself. I bought a set of Paula Deen cookware 3 years ago and they are still like new. I use them 4 to 5 times a week. I have followed the instructions of no metal utensils, do not cook any higher than medium high and hand wash - do not put in the dishwasher.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My husband purchased the Paula Deen cookware for Christmas a year ago. I loved it at first, however the nonstick bottom is peeling off the bottom of the pan. I am very disappointed with this because I use my cookware daily. I have bought inexpensive cookware from the Dollar General store that has held up better than this.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

These pans looked nice coming out of the box. I followed the instructions to the letter to protect the copper bottoms and it didn't work. OK, that's not a huge deal. After several uses, the "non-stick" surface of the frying pans looked disgusting. The worst part is the handles; they developed a coating that cannot be scrubbed off. It's gross. I've never had pan handles do that. What a waste of money. I will never buy a Paula Deen product again!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Please let Paula Deen know how rude and sloppy she sounds when she chomps on her candies while she's trying to sell them!! All I could hear was her eating all the gooey chocolate and pecan logs. I think she chewed with her mouthful the entire time. Sooo rude and unappetizing!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Rebate - I purchased cookware and because I read on several boards that you had to send in everything requested including UPC. I carefully sent in everything requested. Today I get a notice that my submission did not qualify because I didn't enclose the UPC. I didn't make a copy because I thought that if you sent all the information surely it would go through... guess not. If I could I would rate it negative stars.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I have had my cookware for about six months. I am very pleased with the cookware, food cooks evenly and I just love them. I recently left a pan on the stove while boiling eggs. The pan was on the stove on high heat for approximately 10 hours. When I got home I immediately turned off the burner. The pot was still in excellent condition, nothing burned or melted. Of course the eggs exploded but my house didn't burn down. I believe this was because of the good quality of Paula Deen's pot and pans. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I purchased a set of Paula Deen's cookware... I was extremely careful not to use any metal whatsoever. I was very careful whenever I washed the pans... None of this helped the bottom still peeled. A complete waste of money. I've seen better cookware come from the dollar stores. Paula you're a complete disappointment and a disgrace to the southern pride of quality products.

Original review: July 29, 2016

Paula Deen is a big fraud, crook. Myself and over 30 customers have not received our $30.00 rebate since November 2015 would. I will never purchase any of her products again. I not recommend to anyone else ever to use any of her line, let it be cookware or anything else. Her customer service is horrible, horrible, horrible.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I received this pot set as a gift. I like the way it cooks, but however over a period of time the insides of the set has been popping up even in my food. I do not use metal utensils in them. The set came with the plastic set. Would love to have it replaced with a better set. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 25, 2016

Cookware set purchased only two months ago. All black on the bottom - no finish left.

Original review: June 7, 2016

This is the second set I have bought. I purchased this set in November 2015 and they are the worst pans I have ever bought. They are all flaking. I am very disappointed in this product and will not buy or recommend this product.

Original review: April 25, 2016

I purchased a complete set of Paula Deen Cookware. It is the nonstick kind. The nonstick surface is separating from the pan and actually bubbling. It started to flake and I cant believe it would be healthy to consume that. For the price I paid I expect a way better product and even if it was cheap I would think whoever certifies this stuff for public safety would have caught this.

Paula Deen expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As part of the Paula Deen empire, Paula Deen Cookware is sold online and in major retailers. Paula Deen began her professional career more than 25 years ago and continues to focus on bringing Southern-style cooking and entertaining to everyone.

• Colorful designs: Consumers can choose from different colors of porcelain exterior finishes with Paula Deen Cookware.

• Charitable contributions: When the cookware is sold through the Paula Deen website, a small portion of proceeds are given to Deen's foundation, The Bag Lady Foundation. The foundation supports women and families in need.

• Dishwasher safe: Most pieces of cookware by Paula Deen are dishwasher safe, and those that are will be clearly marked.

• Matching accessories: Consumers can match the cookware with bake ware, utensils, and dishes for a complete kitchen look.

• Nonstick finishes: The company's cookware is covered in the interior with either a nonstick coating or a porcelain finish.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs