Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware

2.5/5 (422 ratings)

About Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

So tonight I went to cook my meatballs for my meatballs subs. Put my frozen meatballs in the baking dish and stuck it in the oven. Not even 10 minutes literally long enough for me to go start a load of laundry and I heard something breaking. I came upstairs and was about ready to yell at my cat for knocking something over and breaking it. Then I realized I should check my oven. When I did I had meatballs and glass everywhere in my oven. So needless to say I have glass and meatballs to clean up now and I didn't want pizza!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

As we do often we baked our cornbread in the Anchor ovenware. When done as always we carefully set it on the kitchen counter. After 30 to 45 minutes we heard a loud explosion and Glass shards everywhere throughout the Kitchen! And No it was not a sudden temperature change either. Needless to say nothing in the vicinity was edible due to shards chunks and tiny glass pieces everywhere. Could have been worse from other reviews I have seen just since this happened. Way back from 2009 and this was today 12/4/2022 so why is this still an issue???

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Bought 9x13 baking dish, and some chicken legs (thawed) at store. Came home. Leaned dish, prepared the food to go in the oven. Preheated oven to 375, and put the dish in the oven on a metal cookie sheet. After 3 minutes in the oven, heard a loud explosion. Found the explosion was the Anchor Hocking baking dish shattering in the oven. I believe it to be unacceptable to not even be usable for one use. My experience with their brand will be forever ruined, and do not believe that they could possibly give a resolution to correct this.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased 15 piece baking set, 24 piece storage and 3 larger ones at Belk. Opened boxes and all of them had chips inside the cookware, deep cracks and bubbles. Took to store to exchange and all the boxes they had left had the same issues. So annoyed I opened a credit card just to purchase these to make and store baby food safely. Clearly not safe. So annoyed. Don't have time for all these returns and carrying heavy boxes with a baby.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I tried to post the following review on their website, but it was rejected as “not meeting our guidelines”: I got this first a few months ago. Fine until the lid fell from a not very great height onto a not very hard floor (a laminate) and not just broke but SHATTERED into literally dozens of shards. I emailed asking if it was covered by warranty, no response until a week or two later (it wasn’t), by which time I had already just reordered the whole thing (lid not available separately).

When I ordered, the 30% off button failed to get applied (might have had something to do with the fact that, as I later noticed, they had misspelled the code word FRIENDS as FREINDS!). I immediately called customer service. No big deal, right? Any customer service department should routinely and quickly fix it, right? No, the representative had to verify with her boss and it would probably be approved within the next two business days or so. Again, never heard back. Finally discovered that everything was apparently in chaos as the product switched from being handled by the Anchor Hocking website to the Pyrex website, even though the original website displayed as anchorhocking.com, with no indication that it was a third party. Found out further that the authorized website is actually Corelle.com. Tried to cancel via PayPal, but couldn’t because my payment was “pending” (at least they didn’t process the payment!).

After 30 days, the transaction will automatically e cancelled by PayPal, and then I can go ahead and order from Corelle. Freaking hassle for a simple transaction! P.S. Anchor hocking was going to charge $10 for shipping. Btw, I later noticed when trying to correspond with the company that the website first displayed as something like bazaar.com and then immediately redirected to anchorhocking.com. My reply to their email rejecting my review was returned by mailerdaemon.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I would rate a zero if I could, had bought cookware set for my mother. She said how much she and grandma always have used and love cooking out of glass. I told her of experience when I was seventeen and making spaghetti the pot blew up, she didn't remember. How ironic we went to make dinner together using what I had bought her, could you believe it did it again. Drained the noodles, and put back in and yep it exploded, thank God none of us got injured. Then today about 6 months later since the first incident, another one cracked and shattered after all three grand girls made macaroni and cheese, we were starving then that happened. They were so sad.

Extremely disappointed! However, if we did not learn our lesson, mother used yet another and this one did not explode but the whole bottom cracked. So, I introduced her to what I use which is ceramic and she can't be happier. I wrote this due to trying to find how to contact them, I saw all these other reports and how no one has ever heard back, and that alone upset me. I don't do these reviews, but buyers beware and start looking for better furthermore, food is expensive nowadays and can't afford to lose that either.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I would love to give Anchor Hocking no stars. I purchase two glass measuring cups from them. The first time I used one of them, I put one cup of water in it and heated it for 45 seconds (it was labeled microwave safe). I then put chicken bouillon in it and gently stirred it. Suddenly, with a loud bang, the glass cup exploded - covering me with small shards of glass. I actually had to pick glass out of my arm, but fortunately I was not seriously injured. The glass covered my entire kitchen, even going into the food I was preparing for dinner, which I had to throw out. The next morning I emailed Anchor Hocking, explaining what happened and asking how they planned to resolve this matter. I received an automated response that I would be contacted within 48 hours. One week later, I still had not been contacted by them. So I called their customer service number, which went to a voicemail. I left a message asking them to call me back. Absolutely no response.

Finally, I contacted Oneida by email, as they are the parent company. I again received an automated response that they would call me within 48 hours. Tomorrow will be one week and again, no response. I grew up with Anchor Hocking glassware but be assured they are not the same quality they used to be. I am disgusted by their lack of concern for their customers. I immediately threw away the second cup I had purchased from them. I simply do not trust their products. I’m sure they are well aware that there’s nothing I can do to be reimbursed for the cups or my food that had to be thrown out if they don’t contact me - so they are waiting me out. But I will make sure to warn anyone I can of the dangers of their products and their lack of customer service.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I partially melted 1/2 cup butter in a 2 cup measuring cup - (aprox.40 seconds) and set it on the counter while I measured other muffin ingredients. About 3-4 minutes later it literally blew up. It hadn't been moved or touched. Glass flew everywhere, into my other ingredients, even into the dining room. I was very grateful that I was the only one in the kitchen. I have a second similar measuring cup - says microwave safe on the bottom. Ha! I don't think so. I have since looked into the problems and will purchase borosilicate products from now on.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Sat down to dinner with guests after taking a casserole out of the oven. 350 degrees for 30 minutes. We had just nicely taken some out and placed on our plates when this shotgun sound occurred. It took a minute to digest what happened. The entire dish exploded. There was glass and hot food everywhere. Big chunks of glass landing in our plates. I have never been so shocked in my life. What a scary situation. I was in total disbelief. After reading these reviews what is shocking more is that this product is still being sold. Shame on you. Thankfully no one was hurt but it sure could have been a lot worse. Like others have said, what was the point in making a call to this company, they obviously don't care. I will never buy their product ever again and will go out of my way to tell people why.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I set to cook a typical baked dinner at 400 degrees set for 30mins. At 25min I heard a loud sound from the oven. When I checked on the food, I found that the dish had exploded in the oven. I have never experienced anything like this. This is not safe for customers and should be taken off the shelf.

Anchor Hocking author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

Anchor Hocking Cookware Company Information