Anchor Hocking Cookware
1.26/5

Looking for new cookware?

Anchor Hocking Cookware

Looking for new cookware?

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Made a strawberry topping, and after allowing it to cool I transferred it to a room temperature dish. About three minutes later I heard an explosion and ran to the kitchen to find glass shards and strawberry sauce all over my kitchen!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Using this cookware as intended... Baking acorn squash in a water bath in oven. After 20 min of cooking light green dish explodes... Glass and water everywhere. I reported to company..They finally called me after three weeks. NO REAL ownership or even to replace my lost food or dish??? VERY POOR. DO NOT USE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I just purchased this set from Canadian Tire. When I proceeded to wash the first piece, 7cp size, it literally exploded in my hands. The water was warm, not hot and the bowl was room temperature. I called customer service and gave up after 40 minutes on hold. I have used Pyrex for over 40 yrs with no issues. Now I am afraid to use or purchase it. I will be returning this set today. So sad as I am trying to move away from plastic.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My son was baking chicken in large glass baking dish by Anchor. He opened oven to pull out the dish and it exploded. He had several cuts but fortunately the large glass pieces missed him. I heard a loud bang and glass pieces on counters, tables, drawers, floor and a lot in the hot oven. Looked like hail all over my kitchen. I am blessed my son was not seriously hurt. So very scary.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Warming up mac and cheese and heard a pop. When I opened the oven I saw that the dish had shattered. Thankfully no-one was hurt. I did end up with a few cuts cleaning up the big mess and head to figure out something else for dinner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: May 6, 2019

I bought canning jars on Sat. Used them today Monday and the sides deformed and cracked. I called customer service to report it and got their parent company and told her what happened. She told me to take it back where I got it. I asked why as that was an inconvenience. I also told her that I would leave a review about their customer service. She said OK and did not offer any any help. I told her I will never use them again, and she just said "Ok". No concern or apologies.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have 3 nesting glass bowls with lids and I cannot for the life of me figure out an easy way to remove the lids without breaking a nail lol or spilling whatever it is that I have put in the bowl. I find the lids next to impossible to open and I have short nails. I'd like to return them but I've had them for a while and don't have the receipt any longer. :(

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had baked a casserole in the anchor 9x13 glass baking dish. Removed it from the oven. Set the table and put the dish on a cork hot pad on the table. We sat down to eat. Dished up our food and the dish exploded shooting glass all over the table, food and people. Luckily no one got hurt but we had to throw away All our food. I am throwing away the other anchor products I have. They are very unsafe.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Anchor Class's hard plastic lids begin to deteriorate and drop plastic into food within 2 years of use. They blister, peel and crack even though they weren't misused. Their soft covers with a window experience fry rot causing them to become sticky and fall apart. You can buy new lids for about a dollar less than buying a new container with lid. Sounds like planned obsolescence. Their plastic should be inspected.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I took a 9x13 pan out of the cabinet to use for baking pork chops. I browned the pork chops in vegetable oil first and then put them in the pan. As I was adding toppings to the pork chops, I turned away and the pan shattered loudly into hundreds of pieces. The 9x13 pan was not cold. I will never buy any of Anchor Hocking's products again.

Anchor Hocking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

• Best for: Beginner cooks, home cooks, home chefs and professional chefs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs