2. Homeowners

Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking Cookware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: July 8, 2020

I was baking chicken breast in my Anchor glass baking dish at the appropriate temperature of 375. It had been in the oven for about 20 min. when I heard a loud sound. I looked in through the oven door to see that my baking dish had EXPLODED!! I was shocked... glass everywhere!!! It's a good thing that the door was closed because I can't imagine if it had happened when I was taking it out of the oven! Needless to say, my dinner was ruined and what followed was a major clean-up. Thankfully no one was hurt, just shaken. I looked it up on the internet and was surprised to find quite a number of similar incidents. I had never heard of this before. So I say... be aware and be careful if you have these products, ... and if you're considering purchasing, think again!

Original review: May 17, 2020

I see many others have had the same problem. I love the glass containers. I bought 8, small, medium and large round and medium rectangle. Most of the lids have cracked EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DISHWASHER. I see I can buy the, 3 or 4 large or 3 or 4 medium for around $12 probably USD, and probably plus shipping. Here's the thing. I should NOT HAVE TO BUY THEM. I already invested in the containers, and now I have to spend more money??? To replace the cracked lids, I'll probably have to pay over $50. I can't say I'd recommend this product to anyone. Shame on Anchor Hocking.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2020

My husband and I purchased a variety of glass Anchor storage containers to to be more eco friendly. We were trying to replace our plastic storage containers for environmental consciousness. We bought two sets of various sized rounds and two rectangular sets. Unfortunately then within 8 month the lids have all cracked and split around the edges!! We would love the solution of them being replace however if it were an option. We feel for further purchases perhaps the lack of durability should be further rectified with manufacturing.

Original review: April 7, 2020

The scariest moment next to a car accident or going thru a window of any sort is: Exploding Pyrex dish top In my hand. I just uncovered food to stir it! It didn’t get my face, my thumb sore Burned, small cut on leg, some pieces landed in rug under my dining room floor which I picked out and vacuumed. But the fact I could be at Methodist checking on my eyeballs for glass or picking glass out of my face this is Priceless. Thank God my God had me covered! Throwing out my twice baked potatoes with butter, chives, sour cream ranch mixed in it. And I made this meat loaf this morning. Not sure but not taking chances throwing it away as well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was using the baking dish in the oven and heard a loud explosion. The dish completely shattered and ruined my oven and our dinner, contacted the company. Still have not heard anything from them! Don’t buy Anything from Anchor.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I would never suggest anyone purchase Anchor Hocking glass cookware. After having our dish explode in the oven right before our Christmas dinner and, ruining a most wonderful evening - I was going to contact the company. However, after reading all of the similar events other people had and, the lack of concern of Anchor Hocking - why even bother. I will purchase another brand and move on with my life. I will certainly never recommend Anchor Hocking.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Bought two sets of these containers. Followed instructions for use. All covers have broken. I contacted the company and was told covers are not under warranty!! Containers are not much good without covers. Thought getting away from plastic wrap would help the environment instead I'm creating more waste because of a trashy product. By the way the company did say I could go on their site and purchase more covers. Really!! Not good enough.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Very disappointed with your glass storage containers. All of the plastic covers crack along their edges making them useless. We end up using Saran wrap to keep a seal. Is there a recall or return program for replacing these defective covers? I will add that we do not use a dishwasher, or use them in a microwave oven. We are extremely disappointed with this product... We got rid of all plastic storage containers in our home, going to glass. BUT, the covers being made of plastic will prevent us from further purchases.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

This is what I get for trying to support Anchor Hocking at Oneida.com instead of going through Amazon! I ordered a really cute 70 oz glass pumpkin jar for a pumpkin themed baby shower. I ordered with plenty of time to receive the item before the shower, and did in fact receive it a week prior to the party. Unfortunately, all that was shipped to me was the lid. The lid! I immediately sent a message to the company, yet hadn't heard anything back two days later, so I called and had the "pleasure" of speaking with Danielle in customer service. With an irritated tone in her voice, she informed me that they would be more than happy to ship me the dish portion of the pumpkin but that it would take 7 to 10 days, with no option to rush it.

As my party was 5 days away, and with no possible way to get the bowl portion of my product in time, I inquired about returning the lid. I was informed that I was able to return it and would be refunded for the order once they received it, with the caveat that I would have to pay for shipping. Asking for an alternative solution to their error that didn't penalize me, Danielle repeated the previous options, with her already irritated tone getting ruder with each word. If companies like Oneida and Anchor Hocking would like to compete with Amazon, they should at least attempt to adopt similar shipping and return processes. Unfortunately, this situation reiterated why I continue to send my money to Amazon, even though I'd rather support individual companies directly. Sorry Oneida.com, this order was a failure all the way from shipping to customer service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I just put three peppers in my pan to grill at 400 degrees, turned them twice, next thing you know I hear an explosion. The whole entire pan exploded into pieces in my oven. Thankfully no one was hurt but glass pieces hurt the inside of the oven door...I’m trying to find a consumer number to call and complain but cannot find one. If someone knows of one please write it to me. I have pictures but I can’t seem to upload...I did research the pan and it does not say specific degrees so I’m very upset.

Anchor Hocking author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team