2. Homeowners

Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking Cookware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Tonight I was making turkey rolls. Dressing wrapped in turkey with gravy on top. Put them in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. 20 minutes into baking them I heard this loud explosion and went into the kitchen to find that the dish had exploded in the oven.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I bought this glassware at Wal-Mart after I couldn't find a comparable Pyrex brand. There is a defect in the product. When I felt around the bottom of the glass dish, there are imperfections, like bubbles or Mars in the bottom of the dish. I cut my hand on it & I bled while washing the pan after using it once. After careful inspection, there is a rough knife-like appearance close to the edge of the glassware. I tried calling customer service, after being on hold for a couple minutes a recording came on and I hung up. I'm going to try to take this back to Walmart, I ripped up my receipt already. We'll see how far I get with this.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I placed some vegetables in one of my clear glass Anchor Hocking bowls placed in the microwave. The bowl melted down one side. I removed the bowl from the microwave and let it rest on top of my room temperature gas stove. I left the room and returned later to see glass shards all over the stove and kitchen floor where it had apparently exploded. I am glad I wasn't in the room when that occurred. I am stunned by this event I have always trusted Anchor Hocking and Pyrex.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

-Glass, food storage containers with cracking plastic (red) lids. Many other people have complained about the cracking lids too. I finally decided to get replacement lids only to find the cost of them ridiculous. They cost more than when I bought the set which included the glass containers. Very disappointing and shame on Anchor Hocking for producing a low quality item AND gouging the consumer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was baking a lasagna on father's day. When removing the pan from the oven, it exploded all through the oven and kitchen. I tried calling the company and got a voice mailbox that was full. I could not find a way to speak to a person. I sent them an email. Five weeks later I received a response asking me to send them the pan and to please clean it first. I'm not happy with their customer service.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I was baking chicken breast in my Anchor glass baking dish at the appropriate temperature of 375. It had been in the oven for about 20 min. when I heard a loud sound. I looked in through the oven door to see that my baking dish had EXPLODED!! I was shocked... glass everywhere!!! It's a good thing that the door was closed because I can't imagine if it had happened when I was taking it out of the oven! Needless to say, my dinner was ruined and what followed was a major clean-up. Thankfully no one was hurt, just shaken. I looked it up on the internet and was surprised to find quite a number of similar incidents. I had never heard of this before. So I say... be aware and be careful if you have these products, ... and if you're considering purchasing, think again!

Original review: May 17, 2020

I see many others have had the same problem. I love the glass containers. I bought 8, small, medium and large round and medium rectangle. Most of the lids have cracked EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DISHWASHER. I see I can buy the, 3 or 4 large or 3 or 4 medium for around $12 probably USD, and probably plus shipping. Here's the thing. I should NOT HAVE TO BUY THEM. I already invested in the containers, and now I have to spend more money??? To replace the cracked lids, I'll probably have to pay over $50. I can't say I'd recommend this product to anyone. Shame on Anchor Hocking.

Original review: April 25, 2020

My husband and I purchased a variety of glass Anchor storage containers to to be more eco friendly. We were trying to replace our plastic storage containers for environmental consciousness. We bought two sets of various sized rounds and two rectangular sets. Unfortunately then within 8 month the lids have all cracked and split around the edges!! We would love the solution of them being replace however if it were an option. We feel for further purchases perhaps the lack of durability should be further rectified with manufacturing.

Original review: April 7, 2020

The scariest moment next to a car accident or going thru a window of any sort is: Exploding Pyrex dish top In my hand. I just uncovered food to stir it! It didn’t get my face, my thumb sore Burned, small cut on leg, some pieces landed in rug under my dining room floor which I picked out and vacuumed. But the fact I could be at Methodist checking on my eyeballs for glass or picking glass out of my face this is Priceless. Thank God my God had me covered! Throwing out my twice baked potatoes with butter, chives, sour cream ranch mixed in it. And I made this meat loaf this morning. Not sure but not taking chances throwing it away as well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was using the baking dish in the oven and heard a loud explosion. The dish completely shattered and ruined my oven and our dinner, contacted the company. Still have not heard anything from them! Don’t buy Anything from Anchor.

Anchor Hocking author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team