Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you
About STAAR Alert
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
STAAR Alert’s medical alert systems are based on five principles: supporting your independence, 24/7 monitoring, adapting to your lifestyle, advanced technology and responsive support. The company offers at-home and mobile solutions and a 30-day trial period. Trained technicians help with installation either over the phone or in person. You don’t have to sign up for a long-term contract, and there are no hidden activation or maintenance fees.
Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you
- In-home installation
- 30-day return policy
- 24/7 support
- Smartphone integration
- Limited product info on website
- Extra cost for at-home cellular
STAAR Alert offers in-home and mobile medical alert systems with 24/7, U.S.-based monitoring. Fall detection is available. Technicians provide in-person installation services. You can try a system risk-free for 30 days.
What is STAAR Alert?
STAAR Alert is a medical alert system company. Users can choose an at-home or mobile system and get round-the-clock protection with access to U.S.-based monitoring. Systems operate over a landline or cellular network. STAAR Alert also has an emergency response app that works in conjunction with a Bluetooth button. The company offers professional installation and a 30-day trial period.
How does STAAR Alert work?
STAAR Alert is simple to use, no matter which system you choose. Each system comes with a button you wear around your neck or wrist or on a clip. In an emergency, you just press the button to connect via landline or cellular network to U.S.-based safety monitors who can reach out to emergency personnel, caregivers or family members. Systems have two-way communication, so the user can both hear and speak to the operator.
STAAR Alert products
STAAR Alert has three personal emergency response systems. The type that’s best for you or your loved one depends on lifestyle, budget and other factors.
- In-Home Personal Emergency Response System: This in-home system comes with a base station, wearable button, power adapter and telephone cord. You can wear the button as a necklace, wristband or clip. For an extra fee, your devices can connect by cellular network instead of landline. Other options include fall detection, a safe to store your home key outside and in-home installation.
- Mobile Emergency Response System with GPS: This system allows you to leave your home and still be protected in case you need help. You can wear it around your neck or on a belt clip or put it in your pocket or purse. The device has built-in GPS technology so responders know where to find you. It comes with a charging cradle and has 36 hours of battery life. Add-ons include fall detection, a key safe, professional installation and access to an app to view battery life, check the location of your device and get push notifications to your phone.
- Wearsafe Tag and App: This convenient option is best for those who always have their cell phone around. It comes with a water-resistant tag, clip and key ring and a replaceable battery. If you have an emergency, you can use the tag button, your smartwatch or voice activation to contact an operator through your cellular network. The button works up to 200 feet from your phone. STAAR Alert provides free battery replacement; the life span is up to six months.
STAAR Alert cost
STAAR Alert monthly costs depend on the type of service you choose and any add-ons you select. It lists pricing on its website.
- The In-Home Personal Emergency Response System is $34.50 a month.
- The Mobile Emergency Response System with GPS is $39.50 a month.
- The Wearsafe Tag and App is $29.99 a month.
Optional fall detection for both the in-home and mobile systems is $10 per month. If you want an in-home system to work over a cellular network instead of your landline, you’ll pay an additional $12 per month. The key safe is available for a one-time fee of $35. In-home installation, which includes setup, education and a live demonstration, costs $100. Access to the app for use with the mobile system is $5 per month.
STAAR Alert FAQ
- Is STAAR Alert covered by Medicare?
- STAAR Alert is not covered by Medicare.
- Does STAAR Alert work during a power outage?
- Yes, the STAAR Alert in-home system has a backup battery that works for 24 hours.
- What is STAAR Alert’s cancellation policy?
- STAAR Alert has a 30-day return policy. Customers can decide to discontinue service for any reason and get a refund as long as they return the equipment within 30 days. The customer is responsible for return shipping costs, and there is no refund for installation costs.
- Does STAAR Alert require a landline?
- No, STAAR Alert does not require a landline. Systems are capable of working over a cellular network.
- Who monitors STAAR Alert medical alert systems?
- STAAR Alert systems are monitored by Life Safety Monitoring, which operates 24/7 and is located near STAAR Alert headquarters in Munhall, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
- Does STAAR Alert offer fall detection?
- Yes, STAAR Alert offers fall detection. You can add fall detection to the in-home or mobile system for $10 a month.
Do we recommend STAAR Alert?
We recommend having STAAR Alert on your list of options for a medical alert system. The company has products for various lifestyles, helping you keep your independence in and outside your home. We like that you don’t have to sign a long-term contract and that you have 30 days to try out a system and get a refund if you aren’t satisfied. Make sure you contact STAAR Alert to ask about current specials and get the most up-to-date pricing.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
STAAR Alert Company Information
- Company Name:
- STAAR Alert
- 3500 Main Street
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.