Call toll free
(888) 829-2024
4.37/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3179 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We received 2 letters today that our account is being stopped due to not paying our bills. Willa was very upset and always pays her bills on time and felt helpless. After a phone call to your company and speaking with a representative that was difficult to understand, her credit card had expired in April but we were never contacted until today. The representative said they’d sent emails but it was to another address which I never gave you. Willa doesn’t have a computer. I’m very disappointed with your way of handling this matter and if it weren’t for her safety I would cancel services. I’m still contemplating looking for another service that is more supportive and that has better communication.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My complaint is that I cancelled the contract and mailed back the base unit which was received by Bay Alarm this morning tracking the shipment but I haven't received any acknowledgement or confirmation that no further payments will be taken from my account.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Last week I received a letter stating my account had been cancelled due to lack of payment. This was the first I had known there was a problem. When I called I was told this was the third notice that had been sent. I did not receive the first two. Not 10 minutes after I hung up from talking to someone about my account, I receive a text asking for a review. Bay Alarm can't bother to send me a text about non-payment - but within minutes can send a text about a review. Very poor communication. I had never been late with a payment before!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had questions about my mother's system - the representative helped me test the system, find out where the problem was and how it can be remedied. They will be sending out a new help button, and she said she would have it set up in necklace form for my mom. She was knowledgeable, friendly and answered my questions! Very much appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

The alarm was too heavy. The lanyard was too heavy, too long (had to have 6 inches hanging down the back of my neck). I was told by Bay Alarm (after I received it and was wearing it that I HAD to wear it on outside of clothing! NO WAY WAS I DOING THAT - it would make alarm swing out into the way every time I tried to lean forward for any reason!!! Lanyard could not be changed to different type due to method of attaching it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My elderly mother accidentally let her subscription to Bay Alarm Medical lapse and leaving a balance owed. My call to get it straightened out was handled by a very efficient and friendly young woman. Setting up a 3 way call between the 3 of us, she was able to resubscribe my mother and give me peace of mind. What a pleasant experience!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The sales associate (Victoria) was professional, knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. She took her time in explaining the different plans that are offered and spoke slowly and clearly. She answered all my questions, more than once, and made helpful suggestions when I asked. It was a pleasure doing business with her.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had good experience. I decided to not try using in house VOIP for several reasons, so I changed to cellular in the house. It is costing a lot more, but I will give it a good try. Customer Service was very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Equipment operation and quick response by your team. I misjudged and overstepped the bottom step impacting concrete sidewalk. Hospital ER, CAT scan indicated no broken bones, just minor concussion, and abrasions on right forehead and side of head. No treatment rendered in ER. Sent me the with instructions to clean and medicate abrasions. Apply an ice pack to reduce swelling. No headache, but some minor soreness on right side of body.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Lauren was extremely helpful and professional in helping me enter my mother’s information in the system. I am a first time user and she guided me through the process. She asked for and was able to clarify all the pertinent information.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

After reviewing all kinds of products & companies, Bay Alarm was selected. The many questions that our family had were ALL answered professionally and kindly by 'Casey'. We kept Casey's phone number and ordered you product. Shipment (standard) came much quicker than expected. Set up with Casey's help was very easy. A few 'tests' were conducted with Casey on my cell phone. All is well. I want to commend Casey for ALL of her time she spent with me and my family members. She, along with other reps that I called, are very well trained representatives. The internet reviews also state your service is Top Notch. Again, thank you to Casey are your entire group. Take Care & Enjoy Life.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jean - Thank you for your kind review. We have passed your message to our representative and she was so happy to hear from you. We are so happy to hear she was able to assist you and ensure that your system is working properly. Please do not ever hesitate to give us a call with any other questions or concerns, we'd love to help you! Again, thank you for your feedback. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Peace of mind that my mother in Atlanta who lives alone has this service! I researched many companies and chose this one, and I am in the process of arranging this for my mother in law who is trying to resume independent living after a lengthy, life threatening hospitalization. Thanks to Bay Medical, we are able to have confidence in their safety!

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Barbara - Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to know you have some peace of mind with your mom being in another state. We understand it can be stressful and we're happy to know our services have provided some comfort for you and your family. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need anything or have any questions - we are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We happen to have a AT&T tech checking on a phone connection and he was very helpful in assisting hooking this up so it went well with installation. I can't see 5 stars yet till I see how well my mother-in-law handles this system. She is legally blind and partially deaf so the real test will be with her experience. We do have more peace of mind it's there if she needs it.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jerry - Thank you for your feedback. We hope that everything is going well for your mom and that our system has been helpful to your family in adding peace of mind. If there are any concerns or questions about the system or services, please do not hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We are always happy to help! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I just wanted to let you know that we set up the system for my mom and it was easy. A call to the technician and a minor problem was quickly resolved. The system works great. Thank you. I would recommend Bay Alarm to friends. I am sure my mom would too.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Phone was disconnected. I was able to push one of the buttons on the back of the device and all was then well. The person who contacted me was polite and gave me a telephone number to call if I needed more help.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Susan - Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind review and for sharing your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance or have any questions regarding your system. We are glad you are safe and there was no emergency! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The young lady on the phone was so sweet! I lost my bracelet a week ago and can't find it anywhere. I called to see if Bay Alarm could locate it for me, but she explained they couldn't. She is sending me a new one, and I'll only have to pay for the shipping. The representative was super pleasant on the phone. I wish all Customer Service folks were like her. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Contacted Bay after shopping online for medical emergency personal call alarm for my wife. Contacted Bay because of excellent customer reviews. Ordering was easy - good assistance from CSR in recommendations. Received unit promptly - easy to hook up and tested immediately. Received call from center within 15 seconds!!! So far really impressed.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Having this service has been such a blessing to myself, my siblings and most importantly, my aging mother. They are prompt, thorough, professional and so easy and pleasant to interact with. Highly recommend to anyone who may need peace of mind that your loved one will have medical help immediately at any time of day or night.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I've had very successful communication with Bay Medical Alarm, which I've set up for my mother. I did quite a bit of research and found the company was one of the top rated in professional reviews. The customer support has been very helpful.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We had a problem with resetting my mother's medical alert system. KC was very helpful and concerned. She talked me through the process and stayed on line until the problem was resolved. I appreciated her concern for my loved one.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I chose Bay Alarm Medical to provide for in-home medical alert primarily for my wife who has had heart problems and I don't like being away for long with her alone. The base system works great, but I also got the mobile GPS button for the times she is out and about by herself. The beauty of that device is that it connects by means of cell phone service to the call center but also provides them with your exact location through GPS tracking. We have often tested that feature while traveling and the system never fails to pinpoint our exact location -- to the house number where we may be or the hotel in which we are staying. You speak to the monitor center through the device and even if you are away from home and unsure of your location, they can find you. The folks at Bay Alarm Medical have been extremely helpful and courteous every time we have had contact with them. Their service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Original review: July 28, 2018

In my tests, my Bay Alarm Medical mobile system has returned incorrect location data to the call center 50% of the time (in 10 activation and non-activation tests). This is because the system does not recognize false or obsolete GPS data. I keep BAM only because of one invaluable feature: 24/7 tracking data with family access. I switched from Medical Guardian to BAM primarily for this reason. This feature requires functional password access to the data. Customer service is poor. Establishing an account password has been an anguishing process and password is still not working. BAM provides no help to synchronize passwords with Reliatrac.

The mobile call button hardware itself seems superior in quality, and performs as advertised. However, BAM provides little or no information on its operation. Also, there are several firmware features which need improvement. I can furnish a very detailed discussion of my experience and the faults I find with BAM, including recommendations for improvement.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Appears to work as promised. I was outside mowing the yard and suddenly an ambulance shows up. Apparently, I accidentally pressed the emergency button. Since I was outside, I did not receive the verification call. The EMTs were very understanding and said it happens quite often. My emergency contacts were also contacted. So far, I am very pleased with the service.

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Larry - Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear everything is working properly and you are safe! It does appear our dispatcher tried to reach you but due to you being outside, they couldn't hear you and sent help as they would in an emergency to be safe. Again, we are so glad you are okay and it was a false alarm. We always recommend customers to test the system at least once a month but pushing the button, once the dispatcher comes over the main system they will check to see if you need help, from there - kindly let them know you are just testing. Give our Tech Support team a call if you would like us to walk you through the test. We're happy to help! Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have been struggling with this company since September. The alarm machine shorts out the FIOS telephone. Bay Alarm states that it wasn't their problem. I had a Verizon come to evaluate the situation two times. Both times they confirmed it was the fault of Bay Alarm. (Yes I paid $100 for 2 Verizon visits.) Finally, after months, Bay Alarm sends new machine...same problem. It's fine, unless you plug it in. Shorts out telephone every time. Rude customer service who don't listen. Three times I was told that a supervisor would call back. Still waiting... AVOID THIS COMPANY! Thankfully, we did not have a life and death situation...but could have. I don't resort to social media, but no response otherwise. Still waiting Bay Alarm - call me!

Updated on 07/28/2018: I wrote a review about the Bay Alarm machine shorting out our telephone system with poor customer service to resolve. Below my review the company said that they have resolved the problem and are so happy to assist me. That is not the truth. The problem has not been resolved. I continue to wait for 3 return phone calls that they promised. I need a return call, Bay Alarm!!! I don’t understand the deception this company has continued to demonstrate. No resolution. Stay clear of this company!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello - Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience. We are very sorry for your frustration and understand your concerns. We did check your account to further investigate and see that both the Customer Service Supervisor as well as the Director of Customer Experience were happy to work with you to reach a resolution that would work for both parties. We cannot speak on Verizon's behalf and we are sorry to hear the connection did not work on your end. We completed extensive testing on both devices successfully. Again, our Supervisor and Director of Customer Experience were happy to speak with you and assist you with a resolution. We are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 20, 2018

After appealing to the Bay Alarm Medical Alert System about the cost of an optional program with them, their customer service representative contacted me and we worked out a very fair solution. I appreciate that they not only listened to me but also reached out several times to make my subscription with them reasonable and within my budget. I pay for the service for my legally blind mother. I am very appreciative of their follow through to help me.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Cheryl - We are very happy to hear our team was able to assist you with your concerns and provide a resolution for your family. We understand situations are different for each customer, so it is really important for us to hear everyone out case by case. Thank YOU for giving us the chance to make things right and help you and your mom. Give us a call if you need any further assistance. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 16, 2018

Attempted to test service as I had been instructed to do. First time on Sat., July 14, I pressed button on unit near my phone. Light went on and it said "Calling for Help twice" and disconnected! I Was able to call in and after a lot of back and forth with Vanessa and then Rebecca, was able to determine that the call came in at 11:33 am. I pressed reset; they said there was glitch of some kind. The next day I was able to connect by pressing the button I wear, but again was not offered help. Finally got through with help of my visiting son. SUPPOSEDLY NOW CONNECTED CORRECTLY, BUT... IF IT HAD NOT BEEN A TEST YOU WOULD HAVE LEFT ME HIGH AND DRY. Extremely dissatisfied with service. After first disconnect someone should have called me via phone.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Janet - Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and apologize for your frustration. We completely understand your concerns. We do see that you spoke with one of our Tech Support Representatives and they were able to assist you successfully. It looks like your system is working properly based on this test, but of course advise that you continue to test at least once a month. If you would like assistance through the test, please do not hesitate to give our Tech Support team a call and they'll be happy to walk you through it. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 5, 2018

I contacted your customer service department on two occasions and was cut off both times. The reps said to stay on the line which I did and then they were gone. I tried a third time about an hour later and got through with no problem. Bad service getting cut off.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi David - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear there was a disconnect with your calls. We do maintain quality assurance on our calls, but it's very hard to determine whether it was our phone or the customer's. We appreciate you letting us know this happened and we will look into what may have caused this. We do see that our representative was able to assist you successfully with your requests. Again, thank you for your feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 27, 2018

Updated credit card information. I was very satisfied with her customer service skills. She listened to my concerns and was very polite. I was very appreciative of her verifying who I was before making any changes to my account. Overall excellent customer service. Thank you guys and keep up the excellent customer service.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We were very pleased with the service Bay Alarm provided us. My mom felt comfortable knowing she could reach someone in an emergency. She utilized the system twice while she had it. Emergency personnel were dispatched to help her right away. Thank You for your service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

When I first looked into getting a medical pendant for my Mother who suffers from congestive heart failure, I read many reviews on the different companies out there. Bay Medical came up not as the top recommended company, but somewhere in the middle. I think what attracted me the most about their product was that the price was a little cheaper than other companies. Well, you get what you pay for!

My initial interaction with this company was through their website. I ordered their equipment, it arrived in a little over a week's time. Missing from the box was what should have been an extra phone cord so you could piggy-back the dialing/speaker unit to your phone. Instead, the company provided a computer cable which was worthless for me -- and I suspect -- most other people's purposes. After a few days, I decided I did not want to be charged monthly. It would be easier to be charged quarterly. I sent the company an email, they told me to call them on a specific day to change my billing so that I would not end up getting pro-rated. On the specified day, I made my first phone call to the company and found out something rather alarming... They don't answer the phone.

During regular business hours, no matter whether you need technical support, have a billing question, or you want to make an inquiry on becoming a customer --- THERE IS NO LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Each and every time I called their customer hotline, I reached a recording telling me to leave a message. l would leave a message and end up having to play phone tag with the customer service agents. They call you back on their available time. I spent days trying to chase down an agent over the phone until I finally gave up and told them to cancel my account and arrange to return my equipment. At that point, they stopped emailing me back. They would not confirm my cancellation request. They became absolutely silent. I ended up having to contact my credit card company and have the charge removed and a block put on all future charges made to me by Bay Medical Alarm.

Then I went to the BBB website and started reading one horror story after another about how uncaring this company is when tragedies do happen. I suggest anyone thinking of dealing with this company do a check on BBB ratings. Simply Google: "Bay Medical Alarm Complaints" or "Bay Medical Alarm Better Business Bureau". I am now in the process of returning their equipment, at my own expense. They won't pay for the return. Do yourself a huge favor and spend a little more money with a more reputable company. Any company that runs a Medical Emergency Business by forcing you to communicate through voice messaging instead of a live agent does not deserve your consideration.

Bay Alarm Medical expert review by Shelley Webb

Sixty years in the business of protecting families has given Bay Alarm Medical critical insight into the needs of their customers. As a result, the company has won multiple awards for best provider in the medical alert system category.

• They offer a free trial period: Customers can try the service for 14 days before making a decision. As long as everything is returned within the trial period, customers will get a full refund.

• Their free spouse coverage may be a bonus: Essentially, Bay Alarm Medical offers a buy one, get one free special. Customers who sign up can include their spouses free.

• Pricing: Bay Alarm Medical offers deep discounts when service is paid in a single annual installment.

• There are equipment costs: Many companies offer medical alert system equipment free with the installation, but this provider has a one-time device fee, depending on the level of service chosen.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information