4.60/5
  • 1 star
Based on 667 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 21, 2018

3008 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We are very satisfied with Bay Alarm. One night my husband pressed his alarm by accident. They replied immediately. Very quick response. Feel very comfortable knowing their response is so timely! I also am very happy with the way everything was so easy to set up! Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I am very pleased with customer service and the Bay Alarm system. It helps me and my family know that will be safe if I am in need of help in the event that I fall. My family has the insurance that I only have to push a button to receive help and Bay Alarm systems will call them if I am unable to reach my own phone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I hit the panic button because my husband could not breathe. No one answered until after I called 911. I am not pleased with your service at all. By the time 911 got here he was brain dead. My husband was my everything and your service let me down. I would like my money back.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

The response was quick and even though the button was hit by accident, it was reassuring to know that someone could respond immediately. I haven't had the emergency response button very long, but I'm grateful to have the security. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Buttons are too easy to push or discharge in error. We have set them off now three time in error. Are there buttons a little harder to depress? The fire department let themselves in the door one time because we were in the back bedroom and didn’t hear the doorbell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

The system was easy to set up. We did a trial call and it eased my worries as someone answered right away after we hit the help button. A few weeks later I found myself needing help. Someone stayed on the phone with me until help arrived. I can’t believe how helpful this system was and I’m grateful to everyone who was so kind helping me.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have all the tools, I keep the buttons with me, but how often should I test to see if the system works? The Mobile GPS Button is hard to tell if it is on or off. The Standard help Button: does battery ever need replacing. Those are my issues to review.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Donn - Thank you for your questions! We highly recommend to customers that they test each button pendant they have (if more than 1) at least once per month. This includes the main base station and wall buttons, with the big red HELP button. Although we run weekly tests, we cannot physically tests buttons for our customers. You can easily test by pushing your button, wait for it to connect to our emergency dispatcher, and then kindly let them know that you are just testing the system. They will make sure you are safe and okay.

To see if the Mobile GPS button is on/off, simply push the middle button. If it is on, the buttons will light up. If it is off, there will be no lights. In this case, to turn it on you will push the power button on the side and then it will vibrate when turning on.

Our Standard help button has a battery life of 2-5 years. If the battery is low, we will get a notification and send you a complimentary button. You will not have to replace those batteries yourself.

Donn, I hope this answers your questions and resolves any concerns you may have. We invite you to give us a call so we can answer any other questions you may have. Our goal is to be a 5-Star company and hope that you feel better about our product and services. We thank you for your time and questions. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I called twice last week. First time was a day or two before new years day. Seems to take a long time to answer. When I got through, the man I spoke with didn't seem sure of what he was doing or was rattled. Fire dept arrived and didn't have code for key box. They tried breaking the door. Your agent hadn't shared key code was on file. $80 damage.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Only thing I'm not happy about is that I got the fall detection pendant, and then was told that it may not detect falls. I paid extra for a device that does not do what I thought it would. Other than that, I am happy with the service. I have told others about it, and have recommended it.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Sherry - Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and appreciate your referrals. Please make sure your friends mention your name so that you can get a free month of service for each friend that signs up with us. It's known as our Refer-A-Friend program.

In regards to your fall detection concerns, it most certainly works. Our fall detection pendant has helped save many in emergency situations. Something to keep in mind is that, the Fall Detection button has a fall detection feature that is activated after 15 seconds of sudden impact. If it is picked up/ or there is movement prior to the 15 seconds, it deactivates the fall alarm feature and will not call out for help. Although it is more sensitive than our standard button, it may trigger false alarms. In that case, we would follow our protocol procedures, which is to attempt to reach you on your in-home monitoring system and your premise phone number, to ensure you are okay or need assistance. If you are in an emergency situation and conscious, we highly recommend that you push your button for help immediately. We invite you to give our customer service team a call if you have any further questions or concerns with how the button works. We would be happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

There have been a few false alarms when I have not called in and have been called by the company. I dropped my neck alarm once and was not called, but assume that the company will respond when I need it.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Sylvia - Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have not needed your button for an emergency. The Fall Detection button has a fall detection feature that is activated after 15 seconds of sudden impact. If it was picked up prior to the 15 seconds, it deactivates the fall feature and will not call out for help. Although it is more sensitive than our standard button, it may trigger false alarms. In that case, we would follow our protocol procedures, which is to attempt to reach you on your in-home monitoring system and your premise phone number, to ensure you are okay or need assistance. If you are in an emergency situation and conscious, we recommend you push your button. Sylvia, please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any further questions regarding your system. We would be glad to help! Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Thankfully, I have not needed to call for assistance. My only contacts with Bay Alarm have been installation and checking of equipment. I have found your representatives prompt and helpful. There is comfort in knowing that I am protected by your professional service.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Fortunately I check my credit card statement, because I have been double billed 2 months in a row. If this happens again, I will be forced to look for a different company for my mother. Have not had the need to check the service. Hopefully if the need does arise, we will not have issues with that also. Had to order special cords to even be able to set up the system in my mother's home. No mention was made of this and the extra cost.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Laverne - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for what occurred and any inconveniences this may have caused. This error has already been fixed and the refund was processed immediately. We have quickly looked into what is causing this and definitely want to make sure we are taking care of our customers. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We hope our product and emergency services give you peace of mind and appreciate you as our customer. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My mother, age 75, stage 4 cancer, fell face down on the floor, fractured her nose and slept there for hours and the necklace did not go off!!! When she woke she crawled to her chair having a concussion with no help until the following morning!!! It had 3 false alarms previously throughout the several months but when needed, it FAILED!!!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Cindy - First and foremost, we hope that your mother is recovering well. We are so sorry to hear about her fall and injury. We understand your concerns and frustration and are looking into what may have occurred. The Fall Detection button has a fall detection feature that is activated after 15 seconds of sudden impact. If there is movement prior to the 15 seconds, it deactivates the fall feature and will not call out for help. In any emergency where the user is conscious, they should push their button immediately for help. Cindy, we truly apologize for what occurred to your mother and are definitely looking into this case. Best wishes, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

BUYER BEWARE! This service is a scam. When researching this company it is very hard to find an honest review but do your due diligence and dig. Unfortunately I did not find out about all the billing issues and deceptive practices until my mother passed away and I needed to cancel the service. Even though I told them my mother had passed away and I returned the equipment, they have turned her account over to a collection agency. Her auto renewal was due in August but the credit card on file had been reissued so the payment did not process. During this time my mother was in the hospital and this was not a priority for me. She died in September.

BBB gives this company an A+ rating however they have over 40 complaints (which proves a membership and enough money you can buy a rating). This is what Bay Alarm posts on the ConsumerAffairs website: “We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service.” This couldn't be further from the truth. The customer service rep was so nasty when I reported my mother's death, I cried. Bay Alarm was entrusted to provide peace of mind for me and my loved one but instead I was deceived when closing the account. Shame on you for preying on your senior customers!!! Account opened 8/12/2013 closed 8/2017.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Vicky - We do see that you posted a review on another platform and we have tried to reach out in our response requesting more information (email, phone number on account, etc) from you so we could access your account. Now that we have more information from you, we are more than happy to look into your account and further assist you. We are very sorry to hear about your mother's passing and understand it is a difficult time. We will be in touch soon. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have accidentally pushed my button and the Customer Service person is very nice and understanding. They always verify who I am and reset the system. The one concern I have is that the system must be connected to the computer modem and it is in another room thus I must walk fast with my walker and O2 to answer the Customer Service person. Other than that, I am fortunate to have Bay Medical.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The product has worked well, the gps feature works perfectly. The call center is polite and helpful. The noises on the device are loud enough to be heard with some distance. The battery life lasts a day or 2. Sometimes the fall detection goes off on its own but otherwise a great product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I talked with Eduardo for my first encounter with Bay Alarm Medical. Such a nice young man and so polite. He was very patient and understanding of my questions. When I called back again I had questions as I had received the equipment. I tried to explain my question but the person I spoke with did not understand what I was asking. Also she was not very patient. I really felt like an elderly person. Anyway a supervisor connected with Eduardo and he help me with my questions and I got the answer I needed. Thankfully I have not had to use the equipment and probably won't have to. My children insisted that I get this as I live alone. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I highly recommend their service. I’ve fallen twice & had help very promptly. They are very reliable & their cost is reasonable. I don’t know my order number. I compared this one to other services and this one seem to be the best.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lynn - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope that you are okay and recovered quickly after the falls. We are sorry to hear about that, but are very glad you had a medical alert system to get your help right away. We appreciate your honest feedback and thank you for trusting in us to be there for you. Please give our Customer Care team a call if you ever have any questions. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Resetting and tech check good a little bit of wait time on the phone. But answered my questions and did a check of unit functioning. There was a surge probably so the red lighting went on 2 AM. Women communicated on the phone and answered my questions. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We ordered this monitor to put in use in an assisted living setting for my mother. She is 94 yrs old with very limited mobility. They use pull cords for emergencies, which after a fall, showed us this was inadequate. Situations happen and even the best of plans fail. This monitor gave us peace of mind; and has been utilized more than once! We programmed it notify staff at the care home in non-emergency - so helpful!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Although only having this service for a couple of months, the only time to use it was an accident. While having my bath aide giving me a good shower/bath, it was accidentally pushed. Within a timely manner, the service had rescue personnel at my home checking on me. Even though my aide had talked to the service. Was definitely satisfied with the service. Hope to have this service for many years to come. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I cannot say anything other than great service and wonderful, caring representatives. Thankfully I have not had an emergency but have accidentally bumped the button a few times and triggered the alarm. They are always very patient about this and it makes me feel good to know they will be there if I do have an emergency.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Thoroughly happy with Bay Alarm Medical. Every time I have had to press button I have a very fast response. They have called me but I don't hear phone but notify my 3 daughters and the firemen are there within minutes. I am very happy with how quickly you respond.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My grandmother is no longer able to live on her own. I had to change her address and update the call list. It was a piece of cake. Everything was updated and the system was tested. Outstanding customer service! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My father has used Bay Medical Alert since 2014. The service has been OK I guess as I have tried no others to compare it with. There is often an unusually long response time from their operators but they usually eventually answer. The billing with them is not acceptable. They will no longer accept any form of payment except a credit card so that they can auto renew your contract. They sent notice saying they would no longer accept check payments after October 2017 so I sent a check in to pay for my next year in September. THEY RETURNED THE CHECK UNCASHED. This is extremely rude customer service and shows they are no longer interested in our business. Customers should be able to pay for services in any way they want. We will not be renewing with Bay Medical at the end of the contract term.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello John - We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. We have decided to no longer accept check payments as the bank would charge an additional $30 fee for customers, which we did not like to do to our customers. Currently, we accept credit card payments as well as a Routing and Account number. We do apologize for making you feel as if we were being rude, it definitely was not our intention. We care about our customers and making improvements to our company that would benefit the customers and their loved ones. Hopefully our payment options are suitable for you. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions and we'd be happy to assist you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have been very pleased with the customer service and products from Bay Alarm that I purchased for my mother, Barbara **. I now have peace of mind knowing all she has to do is push a button if she has a problem and I will be contacted immediately. Thank you Bay Alarm.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

This medical alert is for my Mom at this address. In April 2017 she had a stroke but was able to press the medical alert button. The emergency response team took her to nearest hospital. Which I believe saved her life. My Mom has been recovering and is able to walk and do about 90% of what she did before her stroke!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have been totally pleased with Bay Alarm as long as I have had it. Used it once and it was amazing how smooth everything went. Makes me feel very secure. Couldn't be more satisfied with your company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017
My 3 year old grandson had pressed the alarm button. The system began to call for help. I waited for the response call, intending to apologize for the false alarm.

But no one called. No one was alerted. I wasn't needing assistance, but what if I had been. After a few years of depending on you for help, I realized I may have been living under a false notion that I was protected.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Agnes - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In regards to the instance you encountered, we are definitely looking into the account further to see what may have occurred. I do see that you already received tech support help regarding your concerns and that all signals were normal and working. We always advise all customers to test the system/button at least once a month to ensure things are working properly. This would alleviate any worry that you are living under false notion. We also run our own tests and contacts customers if there is something wrong, however, we cannot push the button ourselves which is why we advise customers to test at home. We are glad that you have not been in an emergency situation and that you are safe. We will be in touch with further updates regarding your concerns. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Fortunately I have not had to use the company for an emergency. However, any time I have called for questions or information, the responses have been direct and with the utmost courtesy. I am very satisfied with Bay Alarm and am comfortable knowing I would be treated the same in an emergency should the need occur.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information

www.bayalarmmedical.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use