It's that easy Request Information
4.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3228 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Wonderful experience dealing with your company for my mother. Thank you for your patience and assistance while helping me navigate my mother's change in billing. Thank you again for making the process easy for me to make these changes over the phone so as to complete the process for her. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Good service at a great price but can no longer use the alert since my mom has lapsed into deep dementia. Would recommend to others with an elder relative. Thanks for the couple of years of active monitoring. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I received calls about a detection of a low battery. I assumed it was due to a recent power outage in my area. Cristal walked me through the testing of my 2 devices which determined that the low battery alert was caused by one of the devices. She arranged for a replacement to be sent. She was helpful, courteous and professional.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Shauntee ** handled my request to return lockbox and to change emergency access location to my residence. She took care of my request with care and concern and was pleasant in her attitude and eagerness to help. Thank you Shauntee and to Bay Medical for great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Friendly, helpful, and kind. I was not able to use my system because my son sent me one for Christmas, so I returned Bay Alarm Medical without opening the box. I did not know that he was sending me an alarm system, so I ordered this one. Thanks for helping me order it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Just a quick note to say "thank-you". I received exactly what I ordered, no hidden fees or charges. My mother's phone line went down for a couple of weeks and these folks were relentless on ensuring there was no problem on their end. Customer service when I set this up was excellent and when it was time to close the account, again I received compassion, support & kindness. I would recommend this company highly. I so appreciated their professionalism.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have the base unit, pendant, and fall alert starting this week and had submitted my contact list of 4 names with their phone numbers 3 days ago. I called today to add myself (and my mobile phone) to the top of the list as first contact. If I fell and could not get to the base unit to voice a report, I could still say I was down but OK and assist specifying what help I needed. I also asked that the monitoring site call me so I could see the caller ID and forward it to my contacts so "** from Ogden,UT" would not be ignored as a robocall.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Called with reference to change in credit card information. Shauntee ** was very cordial and helpful in making the change and offered to check that equipment was operating properly. I appreciated her help and would recommend the company to others.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I received the kit but the printed instructions were not very clear on how to set it up to work. I called customer services on a Sunday and got a very helpful woman to walk me through the procedure. She was very patient and attentive. I am now set to go, in case I need the services. My complaint is with UPS. They picked up the package from you on 12/26/18 but it was not delivered to me until 1/5/19. It was lost in UPS land. FedEx is more reliable.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I received incredibly poor customer service today when attempting to get a simple billing problem resolved. Long story short - the person I spoke with said they'd have to speak with my dying Grandmother, whom they have NEVER spoken with, to get our problem resolved. I respect any effort toward consumer protection; however, I opened this account, I pay the bill, I have made 100% of the phone calls and emails about it's maintenance, etc. Never once has anyone spoken with my Grandmother regarding her unit, or requested to do so -- until today, when I was told a woman who barely knows her name must speak with a customer service rep to have a simple billing issue resolved.... for the bill that I pay. Unbelievable.

When the rep I spoke with couldn't resolve my issue I asked to speak with her superior, to which she responded "they can't help you either." After a long hold I was told they'd return my call today. 8 hours later, no returned call. Additionally, our unit was defective, which would never cause me to write a bad review -- things happen and technology fails, but after today's incident I felt the need to share in an effort to save someone else the headache of this level of ignorance.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Amanda - Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. We strive to call back within the shortest amount of time, in most cases within the same business day. We do maintain a privacy policy, which is on place to protect sensitive customer information. We do see one of our supervisors called you directly and left a message to call us back. Once again, please accept our deepest apologies and we hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I found the process very good and my helper on the phone did well. Very pleased with the outcome to my inquiry. I needed to order a replacement bracelet for my dear elderly mom. Phone agents very helpful. Great great great.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Up in home system to GPS system - Customer service agent was 5 star. He explained everything perfectly and answered all my questions. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He was a pleasure to deal with. Give him a bonus and an extra day off with pay. Thanks for the great service.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Ronald - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. We have relayed your feedback to the representative and he was thrilled to hear from you. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to give us a call. Again, thank you! Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

In dealing with this company, I was very satisfied with the customer service person, John **. He was very clear in speaking and very helpful to me, as I am not that experienced with the computer. I did get answers to my questions and he did not rush me. Very satisfied, so far.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lynne - Thank you for your feedback regarding you experience with John. We are happy to hear he was able to assist you with your questions and that you received the positive experience you deserve. Of course, you are more than welcome to give us a call should you have any further questions. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I appreciate Shauntee's assistance when updating the info for my mother's contact info. She was courteous and very knowledgeable. She did a great job. She walked me through the process and reminded us to conduct a monthly test which we had never done before.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lois - Thank you for your recent feedback regarding Shauntee's customer service. We are so glad to hear such positive feedback and feel lucky to have a strong teammate. Customer care is very important to us and we are glad to know you had a positive experience. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need further assistance with testing. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Bay Alarm Medical has always provided great customer service and it was no different this time while talking with Shauntee. My mother had the Bay Alarm service for over three years and had no complaints. She recently moved to an assisted living facility where they already provide the same service to all residents so she had to cancel the Bay Alarm service. If not for that, she would still be a customer. I had a question today with regards to turning in the home devices and Shauntee easily cleared things up for me. I would recommend Bay Alarm Medical to anyone considering this type of service. Reliable system and great support staff.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Paul - Thank you for taking the time to review our customer service and services. Shauntee is so thrilled to hear from you and is happy to have provided assistance with your questions. We thank you and your mom for trusting in our team to be there for the past 3 years - your kind recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is anything else we can help with. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I started Bay Alarm Medical service for my elderly mom with the understanding that it can be cancelled at any time for a full refund of any unused time of service. On the website it clearly states such a policy. When she passed away I contacted Bay Alarm Medical requesting termination of a service no longer needed. Instead of cancelling it they made me keep the service for an additional month because they requested a death certificate to cancel. Had I known my mom would not only have to die but also provide an official death certificate to cancel the month to month contract I would have chosen someone else.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Maurice - First and foremost we are deeply sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the miscommunication and frustration we caused you during this difficult time. Our cancellation policy is what you see on the website, no cancellation fees and no hassle. We are investigating your case to ensure we take the proper steps to improve on our end. We most definitely hold customer satisfaction to high standards and would like to further assist you. To cancel, we do require the equipment back in working condition from customers as it was leased. We have assigned a Customer Care Representative to your case who will be in touch shortly to assist you further and get everything on the account squared away. Talk to you soon.

All the best,

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I needed to cancel my mom's system, I did not want to get charged $155. Ezmerelda (sp), was very helpful and understanding. It was a relief to have my problem taken care of and I was feeling very reassured when I hung up. Thanks for your kind assistance.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Karen - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very happy to hear that Esmeralda was able to assist you and provide a stress free resolution. It means a lot to us that you receive positive customer care, so it's great to hear your feedback. Please give us a call should you need anything else. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I had to update my credit card info for my mom Theila ** and order a necklace. Everyone was kind and courteous. I wanted to get the necklace for her and Shauntee found out that we had an old model and now we're getting the new model and new necklace without having to pay anything different. I would recommend Bay Alarm before any other alert company. The price is very reasonable. We've had Bay Alarm for quite a few years and never had a problem.

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Dorothy - Thank you so much for giving us a call and reviewing your recent experience. We are so thrilled to hear how Shauntee was able to assist you and provide the positive experience that you deserve. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated! Please give us a call if there is anything else we can assist you with. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

It has been a pleasure being a customer of Bay Alarm. Prices remain competitive. The agent I worked with to cancel my contract was extremely pleasant and helpful. Hang on to her!!! She's more than a 5. Happy holidays to all.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Rosemary - Thank you for your kind words. Our representative was so happy to hear from you and they truly appreciate your review. Please do not hesitate to give us a call should you need anything else from us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I just talked to Shauntee about needing to return a product because my circumstances had changed over the past year. Add to that, my "year" had been devastating and I recall very little. Shauntee was kind, very professional and quickly assessed the situation with good answers and we are now in the process of solving what could have been a most difficult situation. In addition to being so helpful, she was tolerant and reassuring given my quirky sense of humor. How refreshing to find such a kind, knowledgeable, professional and capable CS person.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Charles - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. We are happy to hear that Shauntee was able to assist you and provide such a positive experience. We are very sorry to hear that you had a difficult year and hope that 2019 is much better! Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need further assistance and we would be happy to assist you. Again, thank you for your kind words. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I just got my monitor 12-18, I called for help in setting it up and had some questions. They walked me through the process and answered all of my questions and were very reassuring about my medical alarm I will now be using. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi there! We are so happy to hear that installation and testing went well when you called in. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you experience any issues or concerns. We are happy to help! Please remember to test your system at least one a month - you can give our Tech Support team a call if you'd like us to walk you through it. We are always happy to help! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Assistant was very patient and did not let me off the line until she was sure everything was working properly. I appreciate all the help I have been given from Bay Medical. Today Peggy was very helpful and made me feel at ease by not rushing me.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Doris - Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear our representative was able to assist you to ensure everything worked properly. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need further assistance. As a reminder, please test your system at least one a month by pushing your button and waiting for the emergency dispatcher to come over the main system. You can kindly let them know you are testing. If you would like us to walk through the testing with you, just give us a call. and we'd be happy to help! Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I appreciate the peace of mind Bay Alarm Medical has given to me and my family. Although I never had an emergency in the two years with the company I experienced immediate responses every time I accidentally activated or tested the device. I highly recommend Bay Alarm Medical.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi William - Thank you for your kind review. We are VERY glad you have not had an emergency and truly hope you never do. But of course, if you do experience any type of emergency, you will not be alone! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to let us know what we can improve on to be a 5-star company in your eyes. We are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My credit card on file had expired. I got an email to that effect, so called to update the card info. The notification email was timely, and the phone call to update the credit card went smoothly. I was very happy with the service.

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Jeff - Thank you for your kind review! We are glad to hear our team was able to assist you quickly and provide you with the customer service you deserve.Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything further. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Found Bay Alarm very responsive to questions and ready to help. The responders are always very polite and quick. My only complaint was with the original salesperson who failed to tell me I was there was a watch available and that I was getting the sensitive fall button which kept giving false alarms. She also failed to inform me that the large red stick on HELP buttons cost more. I imagine she must be on commission!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Jean - Thank you so much for your honest review. We are very glad to hear that our dispatch center is prompt and friendly. We sincerely apologize for any confusion and misunderstanding on your order. What you are describing is not up to par with our standards as we like to always be up front with costs and services. We are going to look into your case, playback the original call, and see what occurred. This is a great opportunity for us to learn from and improve. Thank you again for your feedback. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Ms. ** was very courteous and quite knowledgeable about my product. She was able to tell me exactly what I had to do to make sure my alert system was working. Their response was right on target with what we were told.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Originally contacted them 2 years ago to get a medical alert bracelet for my aunt who was going to be home for a weekend alone. They were super nice and friendly. The cost of the service is very reasonable. My aunt fell down this week and they had an ambulance there in almost no time. I am impressed. Thank you Bay Alarm.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello - First and foremost, we are so sorry to hear about your aunt's fall this past week. We are glad to hear she was able to push her button and get help right away from our dispatch center and her local EMTs. Please give her our best wishes - we hope she is doing well. We truly appreciate your kind review and for sharing your experience with us over the past two years as well as the recent incident. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is anything we can do for your aunt. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Received exceptional customer service from Trish when ordering Bay Alarm Medical Alert Systems for two of my relatives today. Trish communicated clearly and eloquently, providing succinct information about my interests and did not push for add-ons other than informing me they were available.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

The contact person was courteous and prompt, resolved my issue within a minute or two, very pleasant. Overall the company was fantastic during every encounter I had with them, if it wasn't for the fact that dementia prevented the person from remembering to wear the device for falling or to know what the box was for, we would still be using their services.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The advertisement stated a 30 day free trial. We received the unit but the phone connection would not work. We call the tech. service and he stated the system does not work with Verizon Wireless. We cancel the service because it did not work. No refund was offered or received.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Gene - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear our system did not work out for you. We have checked the account and a refund has been processed but may take up to 5-7 business days, depending on your bank. We apologize for any delays and miscommunication and can assure you that the refund was being processed. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Bay Alarm Medical expert review by Shelley Webb

Protect your health and independence for as low as $19.95–$59.95/month. 24/7 emergency operators contact family, friends, neighbors and your local 911 emergency services in the case of an emergency.

• Multiple call centers: 24/7 emergency call centers in three separate geographic locations guarantee reliable service and immediate emergency coverage.

• Nationwide coverage: Service is available in every U.S. state, including Alaska and Hawaii.

• Multilingual: Call centers support over 170 languages to communicate with all clients in a language they’re comfortable with.

• 30-day trial: Try the system risk-free for 30 days. If you’re not happy, return it for a full refund.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information