It's that easy Request Information
4.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.

PROS

• GPS technology
  • Optional automatic fall detection
  • 30-day free trial

CONS

• Add-on services can get expensive

Top Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

06/01/2019

Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up... Thank you for your assistance.

06/14/2019

Everyone was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered...

About Bay Alarm Medical

Bay Alarm Medical provides 24/7 emergency response services at a competitive price. With the push of a button, a Bay Alarm Medical operator connects with emergency personnel or the user's approved emergency contacts.

Bay Alarm Medical alert devices are made in the United States and connect to U.S.-based monitoring centers. Wireless Bay Alarm Medical alert devices run on the AT&T cellular network but don’t require an existing AT&T account — cellular service is included in the cost of the device.

Bay Alarm Medical alert packages

Bay Alarm Medical offers discounted bundle packages for medical alert devices used in the home and on the go.

• In-Home Medical Alert: The Bay Alarm Medical in-home medical alert is designed to be stationary at home but is lightweight enough to move around the house. It accesses help with the push of one button and provides a 32-hour battery backup. Reception is clear and easy to understand, and the service can include automatic fall detection.
  • Mobile GPS Help Button: Powered by 4G LTE, the Mobile GPS Help Button summons emergency medical help when needed. The unit includes GPS technology that informs emergency operators the exact location of the user, allowing users independence from checking in with others while providing caregivers the ability to monitor movements. The wearable, lightweight and barely noticeable device features clients tracking and optional auto fall buttons.
  • In-Car Medical Alert: The In-Car Medical Alert can provide peace of mind for users who don’t want to give up the ability to drive their car. Users can summon help, and the device instantly detects a crash. It provides two-way communication if help is called. The device plugs easily into the car’s cigarette lighter/12V auxiliary power outlet and maintains a GPS signal, letting caregivers track the driver and document trip information. Add-ons include in-home medical alert buttons and GPS buttons to carry all the time.
  • 360° Protection Bundle: This has all of the Bay Alarm Medical services available in one package. With the 360° Protection Bundle, users can access the In-Home Alert, Mobile Alert and Car Alert systems. It’s a comprehensive bundle that comes with an all-in-one discount that has every potential place for emergency calls covered. This package can include fall detection, wall buttons and lockboxes.

Bay Alarm Medical price comparison

Bay Alarm Medical pricing depends upon the user's chosen bundle. Occasionally, a Bay Alarm medical promo code will be available for a discount.

ProductBasic ProtectionPreferred ProtectionPremium Protection
In-Home Medical Alert$19.95/month$39.95/month$59.95/month
Mobile GPS Help Button$29.95/month$39.95/month$49.95/month
In-Care Medical Alert$29.95/month$49.95/month$59.95/month
360° Protection Bundle$59.95/month$69.95/month$79.95/month

Bay Alarm Medical accessories

Bay Alarm Medical accessories can be added to the different medical alert plans for extra protection.

Lockbox
  • $39.95
  • Combination-style lock
  • Holds up to 5 sets of keys

The Bay Alarm Medical lockbox goes on your outside door and is programmed with an entry code emergency personnel can access when they respond to an emergency inside your home. It protects your property and it protects you from having to let them in.

Help Buttons
  • $1.95 per month
  • Up to 1,000' coverage
  • Waterproof

Additional medical alert buttons are available for you, your spouse, and any roommates or family members who live with you. You can wear it around your wrist or neck for mobility, it's waterproof, and its battery has a five-year lifespan. You can get each extra buttons for an additional $1.95 per month.

Wall Button
  • $2.95 per month
  • Waterproof
  • 5-year battery life

Bay Alarm Medical wall buttons should go in high-risk and high-traffic areas around your home, where you can easily press them for help. They’re extremely easy to see, waterproof and highly adhesive. If you don’t want to wear a button all the time, buy a single wall button for $2.95 per month or four for $10 per month.

Protection Plan
  • $5 per month
  • Supports up to 1,800 watts
  • 600 Joule surge protection

The Bay Alarm Medical Protection Plan provides additional peace of mind by keeping your medical alerts safe from power surges, flood, voltage spikes or other damaging incidents. The plan includes surge protectors, lights and warranties. The cost is $5 per month and covers up to $300.

Vile of Life
  • $8.95
  • Provides medical information to EMS
  • Durable plastic with magnetic strip

The Vial of Life is free with a new subscription or can be purchased separately for $8.95. It’s great for anyone who wants to keep all medical and contact information in one place. If you cannot communicate when emergency personnel arrives, they only need to look at this information.

DSL
  • $24.95
  • One-time charge
  • For In-Home Medical Alert systems

If you’re using high-speed internet in your home through DSL, you want to keep the signals from getting crossed. A DSL filter will do that, and if you don’t have your own, you can buy one directly from Bay Alarm Medical for $24.95.

HIGH-SPEED PHONE CORD
  • $9.95
  • One-time charge
  • 25” long

Bay Alarm Medical offers a 25-foot high-speed phone cord that’s compatible with both analog and digital applications. For some, a longer cord can allow more flexibility where the base station is located.

3301 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 21, 2019

Just had another wonderful experience with the customer service representative from Bay Alarm today. Bay Alarm was chosen after researching every company possible to help my family feel comfortable with my elderly father living alone without family nearby. Their system is easy to use and I chose Bay Alarm not for the service they provide at a low cost, but mostly because of how I am treated by their customer support team. Every time I have called, including today, I have been treated with patience and kindness and if the question I asked is difficult to answer, they find the answer immediately with just a brief hold. Great customer support and I highly recommend this company and kudos to all of those who work there.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Originally contacted them 2 years ago to get a medical alert bracelet for my aunt who was going to be home for a weekend alone. They were super nice and friendly. The cost of the service is very reasonable. My aunt fell down this week and they had an ambulance there in almost no time. I am impressed. Thank you Bay Alarm.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello - First and foremost, we are so sorry to hear about your aunt's fall this past week. We are glad to hear she was able to push her button and get help right away from our dispatch center and her local EMTs. Please give her our best wishes - we hope she is doing well. We truly appreciate your kind review and for sharing your experience with us over the past two years as well as the recent incident. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is anything we can do for your aunt. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When PG&E cut power to my area with inadequate notice, I was left without power to the Bay Alarm device. I received a call a few days later responding to my telephone call advising Bay Alarm of that fact and asking that they not call me in the middle of the night because they were seeing that my device was not working. They complied with my request, and the callback was a followup. I was completely satisfied with the way they responded. My one suggestion to them is that they identify themselves on Caller ID rather than just showing that they are a Toll Free Call, as many folks (including me) don't pick up the phone unless they know who's calling.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I chose Bay Alarm Medical to provide for in-home medical alert primarily for my wife who has had heart problems and I don't like being away for long with her alone. The base system works great, but I also got the mobile GPS button for the times she is out and about by herself. The beauty of that device is that it connects by means of cell phone service to the call center but also provides them with your exact location through GPS tracking. We have often tested that feature while traveling and the system never fails to pinpoint our exact location -- to the house number where we may be or the hotel in which we are staying. You speak to the monitor center through the device and even if you are away from home and unsure of your location, they can find you. The folks at Bay Alarm Medical have been extremely helpful and courteous every time we have had contact with them. Their service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Appears to work as promised. I was outside mowing the yard and suddenly an ambulance shows up. Apparently, I accidentally pressed the emergency button. Since I was outside, I did not receive the verification call. The EMTs were very understanding and said it happens quite often. My emergency contacts were also contacted. So far, I am very pleased with the service.

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Larry - Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear everything is working properly and you are safe! It does appear our dispatcher tried to reach you but due to you being outside, they couldn't hear you and sent help as they would in an emergency to be safe. Again, we are so glad you are okay and it was a false alarm. We always recommend customers to test the system at least once a month but pushing the button, once the dispatcher comes over the main system they will check to see if you need help, from there - kindly let them know you are just testing. Give our Tech Support team a call if you would like us to walk you through the test. We're happy to help! Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: July 23, 2019

Monitor goes off even when I carefully set it down. Tech advised me to hang it. It did not go off one time when I actually fell. Tech explained that it will usually wait about 50 seconds and since I got up within 10 seconds, it did not need to go off.

Original review: July 22, 2019

My mother’s alert button was unpaired with the base unit after her travel. IT talked me through and solved the problem in minutes. Super helpful and polite. Would recommend Bay to anyone with an elderly parent or anyone with balance/fall issues.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Henry - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience. We are so glad our tech support representative was able to assist you promptly in getting things fixed for mom. Your kind recommendation is very much appreciated! Please give us a call if you need anything else.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

Called during company's stated business hours. Waited on hold, several minutes. Tried entering my number for callback, but it hung up. Tried again, waited about 15 minutes, only to be sent to voicemail. To date no one has returned my call. Had planned to purchase a system for a family member, but will now consider another company.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Paula - Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience and frustration you experienced and take your feedback very seriously. If you called in yesterday, we were holding a company-wide meeting, which is most likely the reason why you were sent to voicemail. We do apologize for that. As for the call back, it is definitely our standard to call customers back, so we will check in with the team to get an update and have them call you promptly. We appreciate your interest and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs. Talk to you soon!

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 16, 2019

Trisha helped me get my 80 year old mom set up with the wrist and necklace alarms. She was very caring and empathetic with my stress and emotional state after my mom’s second fall. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with having to protect a failing family member. Thank you so much Trisha!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Spoke with Bay employee Jabar. He was very professional and answered all my concerns. Thanks. He told me that I was to receive the new unit by next Monday. I appreciate the help and quick service. Thanks to your fine staff for all the help.

Original review: June 25, 2019

The battery charge is unknown. How often to charge? If it goes dead you could carry it around - but useless. Would be safer if the green light always flashed when it was ready. Could then charge it overnight every night and be sure. Please consider this as your instructions. Have zero info re battery charging recommendation.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Your customer service agent was very helpful. He quickly took care of all my needs, explained what needed to be done, walked me through the steps that were needed to shut down and transfer the unit and quickly changed the contact info I needed changed.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I got this system for my mother a few months ago and it has definitely paid off! The fall detection from a recent fall she had worked really well and the response time to get help to her and the professionalism of the Bay Alarm staff was great. I do not live in the same town as my mom and now having seen the system in action, it provides me with a comfort level, that should something happen again, Bay Alarm Medical will get help to her ASAP. I did a lot of research before buying and would highly recommend this system.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Questions regarding paperwork and no lockbox delivered. Page was wonderful and answered my questions. Her knowledge, patience, and exemplary customer service was very impressive. I hope you recognize what an asset Page is to your organization. Please share this with Page.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Thank you so much for the wonderful service on the phone. Unfortunately I forget the name of the representative who assisted me. She was awesome, answered all the questions and was very kind!! Next time I will make sure I ask her to repeat her name.

Original review: June 17, 2019

June 17, 2019, called with questions on the service and addition equipment. Spoke with June, she was very informative and patient, answered all my concerns. Excellent skills. I realize how busy they were but she never rushed my questions, always nice and polite, which I appreciate.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up. We called back and added the bracelet to our order, and they handled it promptly. Thank you for your assistance.

Original review: June 13, 2019

DEVICE did not work... Was a wireless cellphone style. I upgraded to landline console and was willing to pay more. They sent device missing key component after calling me twice to verify. Google is littered with glowing reviews for Bay Alarm and they are all ADs or paid shills. Be careful. This operation also has INDIA handle all complaints and billed me for months after I cancelled. Horrible operation, pure dreck.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Travis - We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with us. We definitely understand your frustration in regards to the error in shipping the proper equipment. We have addressed this with the appropriate teams involved. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences. We take all customer feedback seriously, whether it is good or bad, and do not pay for nor manipulate customer reviews. Furthermore, we are a proud USA-based family owned company with our headquarters in California. It just so happens that we support and accept people of all backgrounds to be part of our team (including those with an accent) -and we will continue to stand by that. Again, we apologize for your experience as we do understand how frustrating that must have been and are making adjustments where necessary to improve. With regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 12, 2019

I spoke with technical support and they were courteous and professional. I spoke with two different people and both were super. Mark called my 93-year-old mother and walked her through the process of reconnecting her alert button. They were very supportive and got Mom's unit back online.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Tested our unit, seemed to work properly. When we disconnected from Bay Alarm, a very loud busy signal was noted. I called tech support but while talking to them, the machine called in again. When we disconnected from that call. the unit reset and was ready to go. Tech support was very nice and helpful.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Representative was courteous, responsive and attentive. She was able to make the service address change quickly and accurately. Remained on the phone for the duration of the test to ensure the system was working properly. All and all a great customer experience.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Fred - Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear the representative was able to assist you and make the important changes on the account. We're glad all is well. Please remember to test your button at least once a month. You can definitely give us a call if you'd like one of our representatives to walk you through it again. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 7, 2019

Very good service to replace carry pouch for mobile device. We are very thankful that Bay Medical is taking care of us. Every time I call I have been very well treated. Thank you for your courtesy and efficient service. I will be glad to recommend Bay Medical whenever I can. Bill

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Bill - Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear our team has been able to assist you any time you call in. We appreciate the kind words. Please give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 7, 2019

I placed a phone call to Bay Alarm Medical for the purpose of canceling my account that provided in-home monitoring services for my mother. The only reason for canceling this service is because my mother now resides in an assisted living facility. The customer service representative was very helpful and courteous and was very clear in giving me instructions to accomplish my goal. Thanks!!!! J.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Joel - Thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding the cancellation process. We are glad to hear everything went smoothly and you got the necessary help. We appreciate you and your family for trusting in our team during the time mom had our services. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need anything else. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 7, 2019

This alert system has been wonderful for me for the last year. Today will be my first day in an assisted living home. I was completely satisfied with the service I receive while using the fall monitoring device. Even when I mashed the button by accident, someone was always there, 24/7 to give my family peace of mind.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Marthellis - Thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to thank you for trusting in our team to be there for you and to help provide the peace of mind you deserve. Glad to hear from you! Please give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you. Best regards and well wishes, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 6, 2019

The person we contacted was very helpful in resolving our concerns. We needed to add a primary contact number and also tested the devices. She also informed us that we should not be leaving the gps device on the charger.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Carla - Thank you for your review. We are happy you received the necessary help to update the contact list as well as run a test on the system. As a reminder, test the button you wear at least once per month. If you need any assistance with testing or have other questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We're here to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 5, 2019

Very efficient, kind and cooperative people to deal with. As a new user, it was nice to know that the learning curve with a new product is supported by a great staff. I commend them highly. It is so rewarding knowing that I have coverage no matter where I am.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jacqueline - Thank you so much for your kind review. We are always happy to help you, whether it is a tech support question or common custoner service question. We are so glad you are protected everywhere you go! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 3, 2019

We received an email from Bay Alarm immediately after having a thirty minute power outage. The email explained that our equipment from Bay Alarm might have been affected. I called and everyone was wonderful. They wanted me to test all which I did. The people answering my calls (inside and gps) were so helpful and understanding. No service was interrupted and I thank Bay Alarm for their notice of detail for each client and for their extremely kind, efficient employees!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Sara - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad everything was okay and our team was able to help test the system successfully. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 3, 2019

Phones quit working, saying "line in use." Repairman said something was hijacking the line. We thought it might be Bay Medical since we could hear you, along with LOUD noise. We disconnected you. Still didn't work. They did something to repair phones, then everything worked, including BM. Your technician stayed on line with the Spectrum guys until all was repaired. He was very patient and very helpful. I thanked him several times. I'm overjoyed and impressed with your customer team. My THANKS to you all.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Every one was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered and I was encouraged to test every month. Thank you.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The company was very professional and on the ball from ordering the service, to billing to returning calls or cancelling the service when it was no longer needed due to the passing of the client. Each time the service was needed they handled everything as needed. I would recommend them highly.

Bay Alarm Medical FAQ

How do Bay Alarm Medical alert devices work?
The Bay Alarm Medical device works reliably and efficiently in three easy steps. First, the user will encounter a problem and press the button on their mobile, in-home, wall-mounted or car emergency device. A trained emergency operator immediately accepts the call, finds your location and identifies what you need. Then, the operator will contact family members, neighbors or a trusted friend to assist you. The operator can also dispatch emergency medical attention if required.
What is Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time?
Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time is about 45 seconds, and most calls are answered in less than a minute.
Does Medicare cover Bay Alarm Medical alert systems?
No, Medicare doesn’t cover any of the emergency alert devices through Bay Alarm Medical.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system?
No, no long-term contracts required to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system.
What is Bay Alarm Medical’s cancellation policy?
Bay Alarm Medical does not charge cancellation fees as long as you return all equipment in its original packaging.
When is Bay Alarm Medical customer service available?
Bay Alarm Medical customer service is available by phone Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m., PST.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Bay Alarm Medical monitoring service?
No, free spouse coverage is included in Bay Alarm Medical’s packages.
Where are Bay Alarm Medical monitoring centers located?
All operators answering emergency calls are based in the United States. Centers are in California, Idaho and Utah.
Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
Yes, Bay Alarm Medical base and mobile alert systems are protected by a warranty as long as the defect or problem occurred because of normal wear and not due to abuse, misuse or neglect. If your Bay Alarm Medical device wears out or is defective, the device will be replaced at no cost to you.
Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a free trial period?
Yes, you can use the Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days risk-free — if you decide you don’t like the device at the end of the trial period, return it for a full refund.
Does Bay Alarm Medical require a landline?
Bay Alarm Medical devices don’t require a landline, though Bay Alarm Medical has systems that are compatible with a landline if you already have one. If you don’t, you can use the in-home cellular service or the GPS model.
Are Bay Alarm Medical mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
Bay Alarm Medical equipment is waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while taking a bath. Wall alert systems are also protected against steam and water.
How much does Bay Alarm Medical cost per month?
Cost of Bay Alarm Medical per month begins at $19.95 and increases according to plan level. Bay Alarm Medical monthly costs depend on the device and the service selected.

Do we recommend Bay Alarm Medical?

Yes. With 24/7 monitoring service and GPS-enabled devices, optional fall detection and additional protection plans, Bay Alarm Medical offers emergency response systems to suit many lifestyles and budgets. Bay Alarm Medical alert reviews indicate exceptional customer service and easy installation. Plus, you can try a Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days to see if its a good fit without any risk.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information