It's that easy Request Information
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3253 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 20, 2019

Needless to say having Bay Alarm. Gave us peace of mind. Whenever, and quite often, we hit the alarm for Mom the Operator answered immediately. EMS & the NYCFire DEPT came many times. Their quick assessment saved her life! We were blessed!!!

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The Customer Service staff has been pleasant and helpful getting things set up correctly. The alarm personnel have been responsive when testing the unit to make sure it is working properly. I hope to never have an emergency, but feel like this would help.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Excellent response time and knowledgeable customer service team. Very helpful with battery replacement as well as when assisting with closing this account. This system was required while I worked as a single entity in a remote location for my company, but I am retiring now.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Ellen - Thank you for taking the time to review us. First and foremost, Congratulations on your retirement! We thank you for trusting in our team to be there for you in regards to your work situation. We see that you did rate us 4-stars and would love to know what we could improve on as we do strive for 5-stars. Thank you again for your feedback. Enjoy your retirement!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I placed this order and paid an extra $30 for expedited shipping. It arrived at my parents home in Houston, TX on 2/20 and I arrived a day later and hooked up the unit. During the testing of the unit it only said "Calling for help" and then it did nothing. I called customer service and had to leave a message. No one ever returned my call.

I have now returned to NY and had my boyfriend call for assistance today. The automated system wasn't working, then the first rep couldn't hear him at all and he had to call a second time. Finally, someone named Vanessa said she would have someone call my parent's house and speak to my mother. We requested someone who speaks Vietnamese call her, if possible, as I was told when I signed up for service you have staff who speaks many languages. Soon after Vanessa called and said they have no one that speaks Vietnamese.

My boyfriend said that's fine because my mother can speak English too. He said to please call her (Boi **) and test the unit and he asked someone to call me (Thao **) afterward, to let me know if the issue is resolved or if we have to return the unit. Vanessa said she would do so. I have now spoken with my mother several times throughout the day and no one has called the house, nor called me. I was billed $53 for this service and $30 for expedited shipping ten days ago and we do not have operational service! My father is very ill and very weak. Both of my parents are elderly. I need the service for them and feel I should be credited for at least 1 week where this service has not been working! I want this issue resolved or this unit will be sent back, service will be cancelled and I will expect a complete refund.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Thao - Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We have escalated your case and are currently looking into all the calls and notes to better assist you. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and frustration your family has experienced so far, as it does not reflect our standards. As we work on this case, our team is going to figure out the best solution in regards to billing as well as ensuring we get things set up for mom safely and properly. In the meantime, we are happy to refund the $30 expedited shipping fee. Again, we are truly sorry for your experience and have made sure to use this as a training opportunity. We will be reaching out shortly. Talk to you soon.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Victoria was exceptional. She provided stellar service, was knowledgeable, patient and efficient. She followed up with me in a few days after our initial conversation and because of her dedicated attention and process, she gained my trust and was able to obtain my commitment to purchasing the product. Her sales, service and client skills are exemplary and should be recognized. Thank you for making this easy did my Victoria. During this difficult time with my mom and her health concerns you provided us with a solution and made it easy for us. Thank you!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We both received phone calls two nights in a row on our cell phones that we had a low battery problem with our alarm system. We checked the console and it seemed to be fine. I called in today and talked to a technician and she found the problem immediately. Said the problem was a low battery in my necklace and she would exchange it for a new one. She solved the problem quickly and efficiently! Thank you Bay Medical for having such knowledgeable staff to solve your customers problems!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Patricia - Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you called in to double check on the possible issue and that our representative was able to assist you promptly. If you ever have any questions or concerns please give us a call and we'd be happy to help. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I responded to a form letter sent to my Mom, Donna **, about a monitoring issue. I did receive an email prior to the letter but it looked suspicious because it said that Bay Alarm was unable to get in touch with our “phone tree”. If that had not been in the email I wouldn’t have been so suspicious. My Mom and I are retired and home constantly and we are the first two on the list.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Due to crazy weather had 14 inches of snow yesterday, which caused a power outage for around an hour. Today received email asking me to call you. Requested to test my equipment to see if functional. Did as requested and system now operable. Quite impressed with your service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Called Bay Medical for some phone numbers changes to my mother's account. The agent on the phone was courteous and professional. I was able to make a 3 phone number changes and the agent also recommended to me a few very important tips about how listing too many people will affect the last call to 911. I made changes to the list based off the conversation. Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

BAY ALARM offered my 89 year old mom a decent bargain for a medical alert system; which on one occasion saved her life; due to the speed and efficiency of their staff. The equipment was easy to connect, and worked well, even with my mom's poor hearing.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Mark - Thank you for your feedback regarding mom's experience. We are sorry to hear there was an emergency, but we are glad to know she was able to get help right away! Please give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you and mom. Again,we appreciate hearing from you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Fazilat was courteous, professional, and very helpful in helping to renew the medical alert service. Bay Alarm Medical has been consistently helpful when assistance was required and during times of account renewal. It is an easy choice to recommend Bay Alarm Medical to others with a similar need.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was very pleased with my customer support experience. Your representative was pleasant, capable and ultimately successful in solving the problem I had setting up the system for my wife. I wish I remembered her name - she did a fine job.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have not needed to use Bay Medical Alarm yet but feel comfortable that they are available. Once while my daughter was setting the system up, she had to disconnect the electricity briefly and we were surprised that someone responded so quickly.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Nelle - Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad you have not needed to use the system for an emergency, and hope you never have to! But if you do, you have the peace of mind that you will not be alone. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I found wearing the GPS monitoring and fall detection system bulky to wear clipped to my waist (especially with a beltless dress). Also, if I were falling, I perceived the button for the alarm less accessible than a lanyard type. So, I am shopping for a more aesthetically and accessibly pleasing system. Bay Alarm Medical was professional in handling my cancellation request. They informed me that I could keep the equipment, and request future monitoring if I desired.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When my dad activated his alarm this morning 1/31/19, the company did not call me on my home phone, they called an incorrect number which had been disconnected. I was checking with the company to be sure all contact numbers were accurate. Shontay did an excellent job confirming my father's contact numbers and was reassuring and understanding. Everything was resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

The man I spoke with was very helpful and considerate. I told him we no longer needed your services and he not at all judgmental. He even explained to me how to power down the unit. Thank you for the peace of mind we had while our mother was with your company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I experienced initial difficulty with the landline unit after support tech determined that it was not compatible with your unit. An upgraded to a cell unit was required with additional cost. I agreed and it was received without the safety button. This concerned me, so another call to you. Shauntee answered all my queries and helped me with installation. She is most knowledgeable, helpful and personable. My heartfelt thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I accidentally tripped over the power cord to the base unit. I had forgotton that wall outlet had the top plug was a switched plug commonly used for bedroom lamps. It took a couple tries when the agent suggested using the lower plug. It was a standard plug in and of course worked. Agent was friendly and helpful. It just took a while to discover the wall plug issue.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Shauntee was professional and helpful on the phone in helping me cancel my father's subscription. She was prompt and courteous in resolving the matter. I will consider using the company again when he is ready. At the time he is not happy wearing the product and she suggested another type. We will consider at a later date.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Wonderful experience dealing with your company for my mother. Thank you for your patience and assistance while helping me navigate my mother's change in billing. Thank you again for making the process easy for me to make these changes over the phone so as to complete the process for her. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Good service at a great price but can no longer use the alert since my mom has lapsed into deep dementia. Would recommend to others with an elder relative. Thanks for the couple of years of active monitoring. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I received calls about a detection of a low battery. I assumed it was due to a recent power outage in my area. Cristal walked me through the testing of my 2 devices which determined that the low battery alert was caused by one of the devices. She arranged for a replacement to be sent. She was helpful, courteous and professional.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Shauntee ** handled my request to return lockbox and to change emergency access location to my residence. She took care of my request with care and concern and was pleasant in her attitude and eagerness to help. Thank you Shauntee and to Bay Medical for great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Friendly, helpful, and kind. I was not able to use my system because my son sent me one for Christmas, so I returned Bay Alarm Medical without opening the box. I did not know that he was sending me an alarm system, so I ordered this one. Thanks for helping me order it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Just a quick note to say "thank-you". I received exactly what I ordered, no hidden fees or charges. My mother's phone line went down for a couple of weeks and these folks were relentless on ensuring there was no problem on their end. Customer service when I set this up was excellent and when it was time to close the account, again I received compassion, support & kindness. I would recommend this company highly. I so appreciated their professionalism.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jan - Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear about your positive experience for your mother's account. It means a lot to us. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need any further assistance. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have the base unit, pendant, and fall alert starting this week and had submitted my contact list of 4 names with their phone numbers 3 days ago. I called today to add myself (and my mobile phone) to the top of the list as first contact. If I fell and could not get to the base unit to voice a report, I could still say I was down but OK and assist specifying what help I needed. I also asked that the monitoring site call me so I could see the caller ID and forward it to my contacts so "** from Ogden,UT" would not be ignored as a robocall.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Marvin - Thank you so much. As standard protocol, if our monitoring center receives an emergency alert from a user, they will first try to go over the base unit speaker, if they do not hear anything, they will try to contact the user directly by phone, if they do not get in contact with the user they will then go down the given emergency list. So all is good! If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call. We're happy to help. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Called with reference to change in credit card information. Shauntee ** was very cordial and helpful in making the change and offered to check that equipment was operating properly. I appreciated her help and would recommend the company to others.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Peggy - Thank you for your review regarding Shauntee's customer service. She is so happy to hear from you and we really appreciate your call. We are glad to hear everything is working well and she was able to assist you. Please give us a call if you need any further help. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I received the kit but the printed instructions were not very clear on how to set it up to work. I called customer services on a Sunday and got a very helpful woman to walk me through the procedure. She was very patient and attentive. I am now set to go, in case I need the services. My complaint is with UPS. They picked up the package from you on 12/26/18 but it was not delivered to me until 1/5/19. It was lost in UPS land. FedEx is more reliable.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Patricia - Thank you so much for your feedback. We have taken all things into consideration to improve the experience for our customers. We are happy to hear a customer service representative was able to assist you with installing. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any further questions. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I received incredibly poor customer service today when attempting to get a simple billing problem resolved. Long story short - the person I spoke with said they'd have to speak with my dying Grandmother, whom they have NEVER spoken with, to get our problem resolved. I respect any effort toward consumer protection; however, I opened this account, I pay the bill, I have made 100% of the phone calls and emails about it's maintenance, etc. Never once has anyone spoken with my Grandmother regarding her unit, or requested to do so -- until today, when I was told a woman who barely knows her name must speak with a customer service rep to have a simple billing issue resolved.... for the bill that I pay. Unbelievable.

When the rep I spoke with couldn't resolve my issue I asked to speak with her superior, to which she responded "they can't help you either." After a long hold I was told they'd return my call today. 8 hours later, no returned call. Additionally, our unit was defective, which would never cause me to write a bad review -- things happen and technology fails, but after today's incident I felt the need to share in an effort to save someone else the headache of this level of ignorance.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Amanda - Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. We strive to call back within the shortest amount of time, in most cases within the same business day. We do maintain a privacy policy, which is on place to protect sensitive customer information. We do see one of our supervisors called you directly and left a message to call us back. Once again, please accept our deepest apologies and we hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I found the process very good and my helper on the phone did well. Very pleased with the outcome to my inquiry. I needed to order a replacement bracelet for my dear elderly mom. Phone agents very helpful. Great great great.

Bay Alarm Medical expert review by Shelley Webb

Protect your health and independence for as low as $19.95–$59.95/month. 24/7 emergency operators contact family, friends, neighbors and your local 911 emergency services in the case of an emergency.

• Multiple call centers: 24/7 emergency call centers in three separate geographic locations guarantee reliable service and immediate emergency coverage.

• Nationwide coverage: Service is available in every U.S. state, including Alaska and Hawaii.

• Multilingual: Call centers support over 170 languages to communicate with all clients in a language they’re comfortable with.

• 30-day trial: Try the system risk-free for 30 days. If you’re not happy, return it for a full refund.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information