Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bay Alarm Medical

Hi Benjamin - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear that your mom is okay and hope that she is recovering well. We appreciate you and your mom for trusting in us to be there for her. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything else. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 14, 2017

My mom fell today and it was the first time we had to use your service. She is okay thankfully. Everything went great, we are so happy we have you guys with us! Thank you, thank you. Everything was very easy and gives us a huge peace of mind.

I was totally satisfied with this medical alert system. Everyone was so helpful, pleasant and courteous. The response time was exceptional. The alert was used by both my mother and mother-in-law and was contacted several times for my mother and one critical time for my mother-in-law. It provided safety and support for both of them and provided some sanity for us!

Mariah was able to call me and answer all of my questions. She is just one more example of the good service we have received from Bay Alarm since purchasing it three month ago. I recommend it to anyone looking for assistance with a relative not living close by.

I just got off the phone after ordering an alert service program and I had a very pleasant, helpful customer service representative who I think her name was Rachelle. She was courteous And patient and very sweet to talk to. I am very pleased to say she has made my decision to go with Bay a very positive move for me. Thank you for a great helpful conversation.

Very pleased with the help we received checking to make sure the equipment was working after phone service was out for 24 hours. Have been very please overall with the service. Would recommend to another individual.

Your staff answers the weekly test call promptly and with courtesy. We have not had the system long enough to have actually needed to use it for an emergency yet. One suggestion is to make your system compatible with the iPhone so if the person using it is within range of the master unit, the user could contact help through the Iphone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

I have twice called Customer Service at Bay Alarm for help in setting up the medical alert equipment and the lock box. Both times the Customer Service reps were extremely helpful, courteous and patient. They didn't make me feel they were in a hurry to get rid of me off the phone. I would not hesitate to recommend Bay Alarm.

Trying the hook up the equipment and test it. Customer service person was prompt and personable and most helpful. I am totally satisfied with the service I received. I am encouraged and confident that I will be helped if ever I need to call for help in an emergency.

I purchased your plan for two elderly aunts. I just removed one from the plan (Irene **) who was sharing the box with my other aunt (Hazel **). Irene has moved into a senior facility that has its own alarm protection system included with their fee. So, I now just have your plan for my aunt Hazel **. Thank you so much for your service. She and I both feel better knowing that you are there.

GPS Mobile device - Rachelle was very helpful and informative. We talked about cost, promos, replacement if lost, coverage in two areas, Livermore and Copperopolis. We talked about if there was a necklace along with the belt carrier and yes there is. This is good news as my husband tends to lose things on his belt. It was a pleasure doing business with you and her.

Very pleasant and straightforward experience which was a nice surprise compared to the company we had before. Customer Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The system arrived in a timely manner and was simple to set up. My elderly mother has no difficulty in understanding its use. I hope never to need their services, but feel confident that if we do, it will be an easy and uncomplicated process for my mother to put into action.

We have been very happy with the system. It was extremely easy to setup and the times I have accidentally activated it the call center staff were amazing. Not only did they not make me feel silly for activating the alarm they made me feel very safe because of the steps they went through to ensure I was ok and not confused. I feel much safer now that I have this system.

If I were to keep living alone, I would continue using this service. It is reassuring to know there is someone close at hand in case of an emergency. I would recommend your service to a friend or family member.

Called in last Saturday to test my system. I told them I was only testing it. No chance to talk. I did not know whether they got the message so I called back and repeated it. Perhaps they misunderstood me but firemen came when not necessary. Talked to Julie at your office today and I wanted an explanation of how my system worked. She was very good and extremely helpful.

My pendant alarm was triggered twice within minutes of each other, done unintentionally. Mariah helped me through this problem with patience, courtesy, and informed knowledge. We developed a plan to avoid this from happening again. Later that day, she helped me change a number on my contact list with courtesy and efficiency.

Thank you. Even though my father refused to use the equipment. Having studied ratings and service reports I was very happy to choose your equipment. My father passed away very recently at home which was what he requested and along with other things your service allowed him to do that. Thank you for being a top rated company not just one that top advertises. I would suggest advertising your better record. People that are searching for help in these situations do not need fancy advertising. They need and desire true help and a record of service that backs what they are needing. I was truly astounded that even the facilities push "competitors" that when you research are at the bottom of consumer lists. My father was a stubborn man of the depression era. The fact he didn't use it was not anything to do with equipment or service. Just a man that thought men don't need help.

One suggestion. Find a way to create a device that is either connected to GPS necklace or is stand alone for older folks that are hearing impaired. He could not hear well the few times he accidentally set it off. Again not your fault. He could have picked it up to his ear. Dementia created his problems and stubbornness. That you cannot fix. Again thank you for the relief I did have as an only caregiver for him in his final years.

Rachelle **, my sales representative, was very personable, knowledgeable of your products and offerings. She was very patient and great to deal with. I am hoping that we never need it, if so I am counting on the great reviews I have heard about great customer service and response time.

Call for help - It was fine. I just pushed my button on my wrist band and someone answers quickly. Told him what was going on and he got me help right away. The service worked as described and my contacts were notified. Thank you.

Customer service - She was excellent. I recommend you give her a raise. She was knowledgeable and answered any and all questions that I had. I had a lot of questions about the unit and how it hooked up to the wall and to the phone jack. I think that I will be able to install the unit correctly when it arrives in five to seven work days.

We have received outstanding service from Bay Alarm Medical. They have always been helpful with any of our questions. It gave us peace of mind being out of state from my mother to know that if she needed help, you were there to assist her.

Would recommend Bay Alarm System to anyone who needs the peace of mind that their loved ones are safe. Not only did it make my mother feel safe while living alone with medical issues, but gave me the peace of mind knowing she could help at the touch of a button. Thank you!

Resolution In Progress

Bay Alarm Medical

Hi Tricia - We are so sorry to hear about the delay in shipping and we definitely understand your frustration. UPS tracking information does show that the button arrived on 3/2/17. Someone from our Customer Care team will be in contact with you to make sure you received it. Again, we apologize and will talk to you soon. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 20, 2017

So yes, you were very nice to order our new button for my mother in law when she lost hers. And you promised it within 3-6 business days. That seems like an awfully long time, as we really couldnt leave her alone until it arrived. On the seventh business day I phoned to see where the button was, as it hadnt arrived yet. I was told the order was lost and it was never sent. After I complained, the representative called me back and said they would send it Priority which would take 2 -3 days. When I explained why I thought that was unacceptable and thought it should be sent overnight delivery, she said she would talk to a supervisor and see what could be done. After another phone call to say, "yes, it could be sent overnight", we now sit here, three days later and wait. Where is the button, and why is this so difficult? I am VERY frustrated.

Called in to give the code for new door locks on my mother's home. Changed the information for EMT's to enter the home if the doors are locked. On a previous incident emergency personnel were unable to locate the hidden key to get into the house.

I ordered Bay Alarm for my mother. It was easy to get it ordered, set up and pay on a monthly basis. I live in Illinois and my mother is a snow-bird (January - March) in Arizona. I was actually in Arizona when we set up the system and was positively impressed by written instructions and staff. I would definitely recommend Bay Alarm!

Bay Alarm Medical

Hello Rita - Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that testing went well and that it is able to work in the range that works for you. We are always happy to help you with anything you need, so feel free to give us a call anytime you have questions. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 18, 2017

I had no trouble installing the alarm and when I did my first test, I was pleased since I wanted it to work in my yard as well as in my house. It worked fine. Very courteous and helpful when I spoke to them. When I tested it, I let the calls go to my contacts to make sure they received them. They did, so I am at peace.

On Mar 15, I took my Bay Alarm necklace to show my friend who is going through radiation treatment, the necklace was in my purse. I thought that I had to wear it around my neck for it to work. Well I found I didn't. You called, the restaurant was so noisy, I had to go out to hear the phone. By then you hung up, I dialed but got wrong number. But you were so efficient you sent police, firemen and ambulance. All this happened while I was showing my friend the Bay Alarm. So I am so very sorry, but now I know it really works!!! Thank you.

I had to change my phone number and was able to do it within fast and without any problems. Julie asked several questions to make sure all information is correct and changes the phone number. It would be nice to have account information online with recorded calls, alarms, checked connections similar to house alarm services.

Rachelle was very helpful in explaining and instructing me on all the questions I asked. On a limited budget, I have to watch every penny so this was so important. She is a true asset to your company! I will recommend your company and her to my friends.

I was able to test my unit in every room of my house. I feel much better now and can wear my necklace with confidence. I have not had confidence in my unit since I moved about eight months ago. I got stuck when I called the testing number 8 months ago and gave them my new contact information when I moved. They told me that I also had to call the customer service number "next week" and I just never got back to it. The more time that went by, the more stuck I got.

The customer representative was great, very polite and knowledgeable. I thought I wouldn't get accomplished what I needed, but it was a snap with her. I am grateful that Bay Alarm has a cell service as many of us only have cell phones and no landline.

I called customer service today to provide a new credit card number for my Dad's alert service. The process was quick and easy and the service was great. I would recommend Bay Alarm Medical to anyone needing such a service.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Profile