4.67/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

2982 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I cannot say anything other than great service and wonderful, caring representatives. Thankfully I have not had an emergency but have accidentally bumped the button a few times and triggered the alarm. They are always very patient about this and it makes me feel good to know they will be there if I do have an emergency.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Thoroughly happy with Bay Alarm Medical. Every time I have had to press button I have a very fast response. They have called me but I don't hear phone but notify my 3 daughters and the firemen are there within minutes. I am very happy with how quickly you respond.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My grandmother is no longer able to live on her own. I had to change her address and update the call list. It was a piece of cake. Everything was updated and the system was tested. Outstanding customer service! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My father has used Bay Medical Alert since 2014. The service has been OK I guess as I have tried no others to compare it with. There is often an unusually long response time from their operators but they usually eventually answer. The billing with them is not acceptable. They will no longer accept any form of payment except a credit card so that they can auto renew your contract. They sent notice saying they would no longer accept check payments after October 2017 so I sent a check in to pay for my next year in September. THEY RETURNED THE CHECK UNCASHED. This is extremely rude customer service and shows they are no longer interested in our business. Customers should be able to pay for services in any way they want. We will not be renewing with Bay Medical at the end of the contract term.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have been very pleased with the customer service and products from Bay Alarm that I purchased for my mother, Barbara **. I now have peace of mind knowing all she has to do is push a button if she has a problem and I will be contacted immediately. Thank you Bay Alarm.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

This medical alert is for my Mom at this address. In April 2017 she had a stroke but was able to press the medical alert button. The emergency response team took her to nearest hospital. Which I believe saved her life. My Mom has been recovering and is able to walk and do about 90% of what she did before her stroke!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have been totally pleased with Bay Alarm as long as I have had it. Used it once and it was amazing how smooth everything went. Makes me feel very secure. Couldn't be more satisfied with your company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017
My 3 year old grandson had pressed the alarm button. The system began to call for help. I waited for the response call, intending to apologize for the false alarm.

But no one called. No one was alerted. I wasn't needing assistance, but what if I had been. After a few years of depending on you for help, I realized I may have been living under a false notion that I was protected.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Fortunately I have not had to use the company for an emergency. However, any time I have called for questions or information, the responses have been direct and with the utmost courtesy. I am very satisfied with Bay Alarm and am comfortable knowing I would be treated the same in an emergency should the need occur.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have had the Bay Alarm system for 8 months. It is working well, and gives me a sense of security. Fortunately, I have not had an emergency that required me to ask Bay Alarm for help. But I have my necklace which I wear all the time.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I used the Bay Alarm for a neighbor. It was for my peace of mind. She wanted to still be independent. This button was well worth the money. My friend was glad it only called the friends/family on the list.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We are glad to have the system in the house. We have had no troubles with the system and it is very comforting to know Robert has backup if needed when he is home by himself. Just wish it was not soooo expensive. Seniors on a fixed income need a break somewhere.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

When I needed an ambulance, I got an immediate response and they contacted my daughter, which they said they would do. After Hurricane Harvey, while service was unavailable, for almost 2 months, there were calls to me and my daughter to remind us that the caller was not plugged. They care!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I am answering for my mother who is 87 & doesn't use a computer. Your service has been outstanding! Anytime her fall detector has gone off someone answers immediately. When she accidentally sets off the alarm everyone has been very pleasant & lets her know that it's alright that she set off the alarm. When she did need emergency help Bay Alarm was fast & efficient at contacting family members & help. I live in a different state from my mother & having Bay Alarm helps me relax & worry less about her. Thanks for being a company my family can rely on.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My entire experience with Bay Medical Alarm has been easy and enjoyable. I purchased two systems, one for my Aunt and one for my mom. We all feel more secure knowing we have a system that we can depend on in case of an emergency. Thanks so much.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

While watering my flowers, I fell and broke my hip. I was home alone and could not reach the phone. Thank goodness I had my Bay Alarm Medical necklace. I was able to push it and help arrived within minutes. Thank you so much.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I give you the highest marks for service. A couple of times when the button was pressed by mistake, responder came right on and when notified, was polite. I feel very secure that someone is there and ready to help me when needed.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Purchased this system for my parents. Works great. No issues to report. My mother carries the alert button with her at all times. The test of the system worked on the first try. The set-up of the system was quick and easy out of the box. Would highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Thanks to your product and human support I have the confidence to be alone and continue doing the things I enjoy, with much less worry. My family all live in other states, and I am alone with my small dog "Buddy", and your service is appreciated by my family members as well. I am a retired aerospace field engineer and that background makes me appreciate something that is "simple and works". I would like to suggest something for your business consideration... add data fields to allow your clients to register their pets, who will be alone when something happens... this is a major concern, our pets are family! Just knowing Buddy will be with my person of choice would be the best!!! And you could charge for it!!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I'm 98 years old. Since joining the BAY ALARM MEDICAL system, I'm more confident than ever. I'm so happy my son can leave the house & the both of us can have the peace of mind that I'm protected against falling or sudden medical emergencies. I highly recommend your company to any & all my friends.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We have your service for 2 years now. Have had a couple of opportunities to use it and everything has been as we expected. Calls were made as scheduled. When the unit got disconnected we got a call advising there was an issue. I will recommend Bay Alarm Medical to others.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It is reassuring to know that I have protection 24/7, no matter where I'm at! I deeply appreciate all the staff I've dealt with as they have been so polite and courteous! It makes me feel safe to know all I have to do is push a button and help is on its way!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I fell in my shower last year and hurt my arm. I couldn’t get up. So I pressed my button and help arrived in a short amount of time! I’m so glad I had my button on so I didn’t have to sit in my shower for no telling how long before anyone arrived to help me!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Very happy with my Bay Alarm system. I hit the button by accident one night and didn't realize it until I looked out my window and the police and ambulance are there. It is a great feeling to know they are always there for me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We have this service for my mother in law and love it. There have been 2 instances which were not medical emergencies where it was activated by mistake bumping or dropping the sensor and the system worked flawlessly as though it were an emergency. One instance my wife & I were flying and did not receive the call and they went thru the list of phone nos. Responders came on one of them when my mother in law did not hear the Bay representative. We are very pleased with Bay Alarm and have recommended it to her physician who originally had suggested another service provider. But after my research settled on Bay Alarm and do not regret it. Excellent service, easy to install, and the system works.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My only issue is with the call box. The sound quality is so bad and the operator is so crackled that I cannot understand what they are saying. I can only have that they will get help for me if I need it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I was so glad I got the wristband. When I used the neckpiece it hung down in my way. It is so handy. I thank you for your fast service when I check to make sure my alarm is working. I have set it off by mistake and your crew is so understanding. Thank you very much. I use my alarm as jewelry most of the time. It is small and very attractive. I have given the name of Bay Alarm to many of my friends because they like the way it looks and that it is good for outside in a large area which I have here in Montana. Thank you again...

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

A happy, satisfied Bay Alarm customer. Technical Support and Customer Service has always been exemplary. Their people are polite and efficient. Mom has had to trigger the alert several times and each time help was on the way quickly and the family was notified immediately. I would recommend Bay Alarm to anyone that needs a medical monitoring system.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I was reluctant to get this but my children insisted and in fact ordered it for me. This system has allowed me to continue to live alone in my home with the security I (and my family) need to be safer - day and night. Thank you Bay Alarm Medical.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Fortunately I have not had to call for help. I have had two experiences talking to the call center because I (#1) hit the CALL button too hard while dusting and (#2) the telephone (landline) went offline and the call center called to make sure I was okay. Both times the gentlemen were very kind and courteous. I have recommended Bay Alarm to several people. Thank you for being there.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information