For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.
Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.
- GPS technology
- Optional automatic fall detection
- 30-day free trial
- Add-on services can get expensive
Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up... Thank you for your assistance.Read full review
Everyone was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered...Read full review
About Bay Alarm Medical
Bay Alarm Medical provides 24/7 emergency response services at a competitive price. With the push of a button, a Bay Alarm Medical operator connects with emergency personnel or the user's approved emergency contacts.
Bay Alarm Medical alert devices are made in the United States and connect to U.S.-based monitoring centers. Wireless Bay Alarm Medical alert devices run on the AT&T cellular network but don’t require an existing AT&T account — cellular service is included in the cost of the device.
Bay Alarm Medical alert packages
Bay Alarm Medical offers discounted bundle packages for medical alert devices used in the home and on the go.
- In-Home Medical Alert: The Bay Alarm Medical in-home medical alert is designed to be stationary at home but is lightweight enough to move around the house. It accesses help with the push of one button and provides a 32-hour battery backup. Reception is clear and easy to understand, and the service can include automatic fall detection.
- Mobile GPS Help Button: Powered by 4G LTE, the Mobile GPS Help Button summons emergency medical help when needed. The unit includes GPS technology that informs emergency operators the exact location of the user, allowing users independence from checking in with others while providing caregivers the ability to monitor movements. The wearable, lightweight and barely noticeable device features clients tracking and optional auto fall buttons.
- In-Car Medical Alert: The In-Car Medical Alert can provide peace of mind for users who don’t want to give up the ability to drive their car. Users can summon help, and the device instantly detects a crash. It provides two-way communication if help is called. The device plugs easily into the car’s cigarette lighter/12V auxiliary power outlet and maintains a GPS signal, letting caregivers track the driver and document trip information. Add-ons include in-home medical alert buttons and GPS buttons to carry all the time.
- 360° Protection Bundle: This has all of the Bay Alarm Medical services available in one package. With the 360° Protection Bundle, users can access the In-Home Alert, Mobile Alert and Car Alert systems. It’s a comprehensive bundle that comes with an all-in-one discount that has every potential place for emergency calls covered. This package can include fall detection, wall buttons and lockboxes.
Bay Alarm Medical price comparison
Bay Alarm Medical pricing depends upon the user's chosen bundle. Occasionally, a Bay Alarm medical promo code will be available for a discount.
|Product||Basic Protection||Preferred Protection||Premium Protection|
|In-Home Medical Alert||$19.95/month||$39.95/month||$59.95/month|
|Mobile GPS Help Button||$29.95/month||$39.95/month||$49.95/month|
|In-Car Medical Alert||$29.95/month||$49.95/month||$59.95/month|
|360° Protection Bundle||$59.95/month||$69.95/month||$79.95/month|
Bay Alarm Medical accessories
Bay Alarm Medical accessories can be added to the different medical alert plans for extra protection.
The Bay Alarm Medical lockbox goes on your outside door and is programmed with an entry code emergency personnel can access when they respond to an emergency inside your home. It protects your property and it protects you from having to let them in.
The Bay Alarm Medical Protection Plan provides additional peace of mind by keeping your medical alerts safe from power surges, flood, voltage spikes or other damaging incidents. The plan includes surge protectors, lights and warranties. The cost is $5 per month and covers up to $300.
The Vial of Life is free with a new subscription or can be purchased separately for $8.95. It’s great for anyone who wants to keep all medical and contact information in one place. If you cannot communicate when emergency personnel arrives, they only need to look at this information.
If you’re using high-speed internet in your home through DSL, you want to keep the signals from getting crossed. A DSL filter will do that, and if you don’t have your own, you can buy one directly from Bay Alarm Medical for $24.95.
Bay Alarm Medical offers a 25-foot high-speed phone cord that’s compatible with both analog and digital applications. For some, a longer cord can allow more flexibility where the base station is located.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
My daughter had signed me up after I fractured my hip. Jessica assisted me with a billing matter. She was wonderful, very professional and thorough. I also have been completely happy with the alarm service. Thankfully I haven't had to use it, but it's reassuring to know it's there.
Hi Susan - Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your fracture and hope you are doing well. It's great to hear that Jessica was able to assist you promptly and that your are satisfied with our services so far. If there is anything else we could assist you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Take care and warm wishes for a safe recovery.Thank you,
Bay Alarm Medical
I'm 90 years old and fell in my bathroom and was bleeding very much. I had my alarm unit and pressed the button and the medics arrived a short time later and treated me. Your system saved my life. Thank you.
Hi Waldron - First and foremost, we hope you are doing much better today. We are sorry to hear about your fall and injury. We are very glad you had a medical alert system, whether it was ours or another company's, we are just glad to know you got the help you needed. Please take it easy and of course, let us know if you need anything further. Take care!Best regards,
Bay Alarm Medical
I received a low battery warning for my dad's medical alert machine, and was very concerned. I called your number, which was given in the original voicemail message, and was delighted with the competent person who helped me. She checked on my dad's system and told me that it was the main unit that had showed a problem, but that it now was working fine. Had he experienced a brief power outage? Yes, he had. She also explained that the battery life of both the main unit and wrist button are monitored, so I would be notified well in advance when a new wrist unit was needed. This is a great relief to me, and I was thrilled with the kindness and competence of your employee as she explained this aspect of your system to me. Thank you!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I ordered the Bay Alarm Medical Alert system for my mom in December 2019. The packaging was great and the instructions were clear and easy to understand. It took about a minute to set up and then we tested the system with great response. The next day, I completed the paperwork and forms for any first responders— who to contact, how to get into the house, etc. I decided to mail my paperwork with instructions to the Bay Medical team and first responders instead of faxing or emailing.
The Bay Alarm Medical paperwork was clear that until they received the instructions from me, they had no liability in taking action on any calls. Unfortunately, my mom fell within a couple days of connection, she pressed her neck device and was too far away to hear a representative on the speaker. The response agent didn’t have my instructions and still called 911 for an ambulance and my mom was taken to the emergency room. I was highly impressed with the system and the process and have already recommended it to an elderly neighbor and to my friends and family on social media. Thank you for what you do!
Really excellent device, reliable, easy to use. I live far away, so I wasn't able to go to my friend and set it up for her myself, but the box was easy for her to plug in and wear when she got it in the mail. I was able to subscribe remotely, everywhere I lived, to manage the account on her behalf, even after I moved to Israel, via Skype. The customer service was great. My friend was losing mobility, and had many scary falls, but always wore her button as a necklace, and each time, it summoned some strapping, handsome firemen to rescue her, to get her to the hospital, even in the middle of the night.
Eventually, I had to cancel, as my friend moved to a full care facility that has their own call system. I worried about the expense of buying the equipment as part of my cancellation, as from my home abroad, I could not go to Colorado to return my friend's device by mail. They told me I could leave it there, and my prorated payment return would cover the cost. Not ideal to have to buy it rather than mail it back, but considering my particular long-distance situation, it was a great option to resolve the problem. This device saved my friend from what would have been several traumatizing and dangerous situations, helping her know that she was not alone, and that guardian angels were just a button press away.
The device is great. My Dad wears it on his belt. The app is problematic and multiple devices can have the app only if you use the initial app account data. So my brothers and sister will get the app and have to enter my data to get it to work. We had Great Call, but their device stopped working and they are no longer selling it. But the Great Call was AWESOME — it was easily to install on multiple devices and, most importantly, provided alerts when my dad hit the alert button. The Bay Alarm app doesn’t provide any notifications when he hits the button to get 911 help.
Hi Lee - Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate it and wanted to let you know we are working on updates to the app to better improve customer experience. As we continue to work on that, please keep in mind that in the meantime, our USA monitoring station will reach out to those on the contact list should there be any emergency situations. We thank you again for your honest feedback!Best regards,
Bay Alarm Medical
Just had another wonderful experience with the customer service representative from Bay Alarm today. Bay Alarm was chosen after researching every company possible to help my family feel comfortable with my elderly father living alone without family nearby. Their system is easy to use and I chose Bay Alarm not for the service they provide at a low cost, but mostly because of how I am treated by their customer support team. Every time I have called, including today, I have been treated with patience and kindness and if the question I asked is difficult to answer, they find the answer immediately with just a brief hold. Great customer support and I highly recommend this company and kudos to all of those who work there.
- 2,242,411 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Fortunately, I only needed their help twice in a couple of years, and they were very helpful, professional and fast. But just knowing their services were on the job 24-hours per day, with never any downtime, was comforting to me and my family. I now have 24-hour live-in help and no longer need the service. But if something should change, I wouldn't hesitate to avail myself of it again, and would be happy to recommend Bay Alarm Medical to anyone looking for this type of help.
Correcting address. Working to set up a new service for my mother, Jenniffer and customer service was wonderful, correcting information in the account. She was patient, thorough, and took all the time needed to get the information correct.
I just had the pleasure of a conversation with Customer Service regarding returning the older unit that we've had since 2012. I already have the new one. There was a situation I was having trouble with and she walked me through it and solved my problem completely. This is a good company to deal with if you need a medical alarm system.
Person was very good and took care of our problem promptly and easily. She ran through all the steps needed to get our system operational and then stayed on the line while a test was run. Everything is working smoothly.
This service is excellent, we used it it for my mom with no issues. I highly recommend it to anyone with a parent or anyone that lives alone. Easy to set up and easy billing. We used it so many times when my mom fell and needed help.
Bay Alarm Medical FAQ
- How do Bay Alarm Medical alert devices work?
- The Bay Alarm Medical device works reliably and efficiently in three easy steps. First, the user will encounter a problem and press the button on their mobile, in-home, wall-mounted or car emergency device. A trained emergency operator immediately accepts the call, finds your location and identifies what you need. Then, the operator will contact family members, neighbors or a trusted friend to assist you. The operator can also dispatch emergency medical attention if required.
- What is Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time?
- Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time is about 45 seconds, and most calls are answered in less than a minute.
- Does Medicare cover Bay Alarm Medical alert systems?
- No, Medicare doesn’t cover any of the emergency alert devices through Bay Alarm Medical.
- Do I have to sign a contract to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system?
- No, no long-term contracts required to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system.
- What is Bay Alarm Medical’s cancellation policy?
- Bay Alarm Medical does not charge cancellation fees as long as you return all equipment in its original packaging.
- When is Bay Alarm Medical customer service available?
- Bay Alarm Medical customer service is available by phone Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m., PST.
- Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Bay Alarm Medical monitoring service?
- No, free spouse coverage is included in Bay Alarm Medical’s packages.
- Where are Bay Alarm Medical monitoring centers located?
- All operators answering emergency calls are based in the United States. Centers are in California, Idaho and Utah.
- Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
- Yes, Bay Alarm Medical base and mobile alert systems are protected by a warranty as long as the defect or problem occurred because of normal wear and not due to abuse, misuse or neglect. If your Bay Alarm Medical device wears out or is defective, the device will be replaced at no cost to you.
- Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a free trial period?
- Yes, you can use the Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days risk-free — if you decide you don’t like the device at the end of the trial period, return it for a full refund.
- Does Bay Alarm Medical require a landline?
- Bay Alarm Medical devices don’t require a landline, though Bay Alarm Medical has systems that are compatible with a landline if you already have one. If you don’t, you can use the in-home cellular service or the GPS model.
- Are Bay Alarm Medical mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
- Bay Alarm Medical equipment is waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while taking a bath. Wall alert systems are also protected against steam and water.
- How much does Bay Alarm Medical cost per month?
- Cost of Bay Alarm Medical per month begins at $19.95 and increases according to plan level. Bay Alarm Medical monthly costs depend on the device and the service selected.
Do we recommend Bay Alarm Medical?
Yes. With 24/7 monitoring service and GPS-enabled devices, optional fall detection and additional protection plans, Bay Alarm Medical offers emergency response systems to suit many lifestyles and budgets. Bay Alarm Medical alert reviews indicate exceptional customer service and easy installation. Plus, you can try a Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days to see if its a good fit without any risk.
Bay Alarm Medical Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Bay Alarm Medical
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- Formerly Named:
- Bay Alarm Medical
- 2600 Stanwell Drive
- Postal Code:
- United States
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!