4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.

PROS

• GPS technology
  • Optional automatic fall detection
  • 30-day free trial

CONS

• Add-on services can get expensive

Top Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up... Thank you for your assistance.

Everyone was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered...

About Bay Alarm Medical

Bay Alarm Medical provides 24/7 emergency response services at a competitive price. With the push of a button, a Bay Alarm Medical operator connects with emergency personnel or the user's approved emergency contacts.

Bay Alarm Medical alert devices are made in the United States and connect to U.S.-based monitoring centers. Wireless Bay Alarm Medical alert devices run on the AT&T cellular network but don’t require an existing AT&T account — cellular service is included in the cost of the device.

Bay Alarm Medical alert packages

Bay Alarm Medical offers discounted bundle packages for medical alert devices used in the home and on the go.

• In-Home Medical Alert: The Bay Alarm Medical in-home medical alert is designed to be stationary at home but is lightweight enough to move around the house. It accesses help with the push of one button and provides a 32-hour battery backup. Reception is clear and easy to understand, and the service can include automatic fall detection.
  • Mobile GPS Help Button: Powered by 4G LTE, the Mobile GPS Help Button summons emergency medical help when needed. The unit includes GPS technology that informs emergency operators the exact location of the user, allowing users independence from checking in with others while providing caregivers the ability to monitor movements. The wearable, lightweight and barely noticeable device features clients tracking and optional auto fall buttons.
  • In-Car Medical Alert: The In-Car Medical Alert can provide peace of mind for users who don’t want to give up the ability to drive their car. Users can summon help, and the device instantly detects a crash. It provides two-way communication if help is called. The device plugs easily into the car’s cigarette lighter/12V auxiliary power outlet and maintains a GPS signal, letting caregivers track the driver and document trip information. Add-ons include in-home medical alert buttons and GPS buttons to carry all the time.
  • 360° Protection Bundle: This has all of the Bay Alarm Medical services available in one package. With the 360° Protection Bundle, users can access the In-Home Alert, Mobile Alert and Car Alert systems. It’s a comprehensive bundle that comes with an all-in-one discount that has every potential place for emergency calls covered. This package can include fall detection, wall buttons and lockboxes.

Bay Alarm Medical price comparison

Bay Alarm Medical pricing depends upon the user's chosen bundle. Occasionally, a Bay Alarm medical promo code will be available for a discount.

ProductBasic ProtectionPreferred ProtectionPremium Protection
In-Home Medical Alert$19.95/month$39.95/month$59.95/month
Mobile GPS Help Button$29.95/month$39.95/month$49.95/month
In-Care Medical Alert$29.95/month$49.95/month$59.95/month
360° Protection Bundle$59.95/month$69.95/month$79.95/month

Bay Alarm Medical accessories

Bay Alarm Medical accessories can be added to the different medical alert plans for extra protection.

Lockbox
  • $39.95
  • Combination-style lock
  • Holds up to 5 sets of keys

The Bay Alarm Medical lockbox goes on your outside door and is programmed with an entry code emergency personnel can access when they respond to an emergency inside your home. It protects your property and it protects you from having to let them in.

Help Buttons
  • $1.95 per month
  • Up to 1,000' coverage
  • Waterproof

Additional medical alert buttons are available for you, your spouse, and any roommates or family members who live with you. You can wear it around your wrist or neck for mobility, it's waterproof, and its battery has a five-year lifespan. You can get each extra buttons for an additional $1.95 per month.

Wall Button
  • $2.95 per month
  • Waterproof
  • 5-year battery life

Bay Alarm Medical wall buttons should go in high-risk and high-traffic areas around your home, where you can easily press them for help. They’re extremely easy to see, waterproof and highly adhesive. If you don’t want to wear a button all the time, buy a single wall button for $2.95 per month or four for $10 per month.

Protection Plan
  • $5 per month
  • Supports up to 1,800 watts
  • 600 Joule surge protection

The Bay Alarm Medical Protection Plan provides additional peace of mind by keeping your medical alerts safe from power surges, flood, voltage spikes or other damaging incidents. The plan includes surge protectors, lights and warranties. The cost is $5 per month and covers up to $300.

Vile of Life
  • $8.95
  • Provides medical information to EMS
  • Durable plastic with magnetic strip

The Vial of Life is free with a new subscription or can be purchased separately for $8.95. It’s great for anyone who wants to keep all medical and contact information in one place. If you cannot communicate when emergency personnel arrives, they only need to look at this information.

DSL
  • $24.95
  • One-time charge
  • For In-Home Medical Alert systems

If you’re using high-speed internet in your home through DSL, you want to keep the signals from getting crossed. A DSL filter will do that, and if you don’t have your own, you can buy one directly from Bay Alarm Medical for $24.95.

HIGH-SPEED PHONE CORD
  • $9.95
  • One-time charge
  • 25” long

Bay Alarm Medical offers a 25-foot high-speed phone cord that’s compatible with both analog and digital applications. For some, a longer cord can allow more flexibility where the base station is located.

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 21, 2019

Just had another wonderful experience with the customer service representative from Bay Alarm today. Bay Alarm was chosen after researching every company possible to help my family feel comfortable with my elderly father living alone without family nearby. Their system is easy to use and I chose Bay Alarm not for the service they provide at a low cost, but mostly because of how I am treated by their customer support team. Every time I have called, including today, I have been treated with patience and kindness and if the question I asked is difficult to answer, they find the answer immediately with just a brief hold. Great customer support and I highly recommend this company and kudos to all of those who work there.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Excellent response time and knowledgeable customer service team. Very helpful with battery replacement as well as when assisting with closing this account. This system was required while I worked as a single entity in a remote location for my company, but I am retiring now.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Ellen - Thank you for taking the time to review us. First and foremost, Congratulations on your retirement! We thank you for trusting in our team to be there for you in regards to your work situation. We see that you did rate us 4-stars and would love to know what we could improve on as we do strive for 5-stars. Thank you again for your feedback. Enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have the base unit, pendant, and fall alert starting this week and had submitted my contact list of 4 names with their phone numbers 3 days ago. I called today to add myself (and my mobile phone) to the top of the list as first contact. If I fell and could not get to the base unit to voice a report, I could still say I was down but OK and assist specifying what help I needed. I also asked that the monitoring site call me so I could see the caller ID and forward it to my contacts so "** from Ogden,UT" would not be ignored as a robocall.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Marvin - Thank you so much. As standard protocol, if our monitoring center receives an emergency alert from a user, they will first try to go over the base unit speaker, if they do not hear anything, they will try to contact the user directly by phone, if they do not get in contact with the user they will then go down the given emergency list. So all is good! If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call. We're happy to help. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

In dealing with this company, I was very satisfied with the customer service person, John **. He was very clear in speaking and very helpful to me, as I am not that experienced with the computer. I did get answers to my questions and he did not rush me. Very satisfied, so far.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lynne - Thank you for your feedback regarding you experience with John. We are happy to hear he was able to assist you with your questions and that you received the positive experience you deserve. Of course, you are more than welcome to give us a call should you have any further questions. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Bay Alarm Medical has always provided great customer service and it was no different this time while talking with Shauntee. My mother had the Bay Alarm service for over three years and had no complaints. She recently moved to an assisted living facility where they already provide the same service to all residents so she had to cancel the Bay Alarm service. If not for that, she would still be a customer. I had a question today with regards to turning in the home devices and Shauntee easily cleared things up for me. I would recommend Bay Alarm Medical to anyone considering this type of service. Reliable system and great support staff.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Paul - Thank you for taking the time to review our customer service and services. Shauntee is so thrilled to hear from you and is happy to have provided assistance with your questions. We thank you and your mom for trusting in our team to be there for the past 3 years - your kind recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is anything else we can help with. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

When testing the system on the second floor of my unit, I could barely hear and couldn't understand what was being said. Also I could not be heard by the company. I was told if the system is activated and I don't respond, they will phone me and if I still don't respon they will send help. I spoke with three different people and all were very pleasant and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

If you are looking for a medical alert system, Bay Alarm Medical provides wonderful service. My mother wore the bracelet and pushed the button for help. 911 was contacted and help was sent immediately. They noticed the family members and we always knew mom was safe.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Unit worked as promised! It is a dependable unit and inexpensive. But, patient refused to utilize it. Felix at Bay Medical was very helpful with instructions in disconnecting the unit and telling me what to do after. I would use this company again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We received a medical alert for my mother in May. As of today, November 11, 2019 she got a warning that her battery was low. When I called the company, the first agent stated it was at Point 1 but she did not know if that was the necklace or the base unit. She transferred me to another section and I was told it was her necklace. I asked about a replacement battery and I was informed that the necklace and base unit are factory sealed and cannot be opened by the consumer. However a courtesy necklace would be mailed out to my mother since this is her 1st time but in the future the cost will be $49.99 plus $12 shipping.

I asked the life time of the battery and he said 1 1/2 years. I reminded him my mother only had her equipment for just over 5 months. The agent stated it might have been a defective battery. I told him that I should not have to use my courtesy necklace on a defective piece of equipment so he stated he will send out a necklace to replace the defective one free of charge and I will still have a courtesy necklace if needed in the future. I also asked him why the charge for a replacement necklace and he stated the policy was changed a couple of months ago to charge consumers for replacement necklaces.

I chose Bay Alarm Medical because after researching 8 other companies as they were the least expensive and nothing was mentioned about replacement cost. I asked the agent if customers were grandfathered in and he said no, everyone pays a replacement cost. So in essence, $62 to replace a little component. Not a good way to do business and treat your customers.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Diane, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced, please know that is never our intention. We have sent a free replacement button to your mother to replace the factory defect. We also offer warranties that will cover any future costs to replace buttons, batteries and units. We have escalated your case and one of our Customer Care representatives will be in touch with you shortly. They will be more than happy answer any questions you may have regarding the warranty or replacements. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The representative has patience, professionalism, helpfulness great customer service. She provided detail explanation about process and account changes. She also explained the billing cycle to avoid the charge in the account. Definitely I will recommend Bay Medical Alarm to anyone who needs one.

Bay Alarm Medical FAQ

How do Bay Alarm Medical alert devices work?
The Bay Alarm Medical device works reliably and efficiently in three easy steps. First, the user will encounter a problem and press the button on their mobile, in-home, wall-mounted or car emergency device. A trained emergency operator immediately accepts the call, finds your location and identifies what you need. Then, the operator will contact family members, neighbors or a trusted friend to assist you. The operator can also dispatch emergency medical attention if required.
What is Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time?
Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time is about 45 seconds, and most calls are answered in less than a minute.
Does Medicare cover Bay Alarm Medical alert systems?
No, Medicare doesn’t cover any of the emergency alert devices through Bay Alarm Medical.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system?
No, no long-term contracts required to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system.
What is Bay Alarm Medical’s cancellation policy?
Bay Alarm Medical does not charge cancellation fees as long as you return all equipment in its original packaging.
When is Bay Alarm Medical customer service available?
Bay Alarm Medical customer service is available by phone Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m., PST.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Bay Alarm Medical monitoring service?
No, free spouse coverage is included in Bay Alarm Medical’s packages.
Where are Bay Alarm Medical monitoring centers located?
All operators answering emergency calls are based in the United States. Centers are in California, Idaho and Utah.
Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
Yes, Bay Alarm Medical base and mobile alert systems are protected by a warranty as long as the defect or problem occurred because of normal wear and not due to abuse, misuse or neglect. If your Bay Alarm Medical device wears out or is defective, the device will be replaced at no cost to you.
Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a free trial period?
Yes, you can use the Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days risk-free — if you decide you don’t like the device at the end of the trial period, return it for a full refund.
Does Bay Alarm Medical require a landline?
Bay Alarm Medical devices don’t require a landline, though Bay Alarm Medical has systems that are compatible with a landline if you already have one. If you don’t, you can use the in-home cellular service or the GPS model.
Are Bay Alarm Medical mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
Bay Alarm Medical equipment is waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while taking a bath. Wall alert systems are also protected against steam and water.
How much does Bay Alarm Medical cost per month?
Cost of Bay Alarm Medical per month begins at $19.95 and increases according to plan level. Bay Alarm Medical monthly costs depend on the device and the service selected.

Do we recommend Bay Alarm Medical?

Yes. With 24/7 monitoring service and GPS-enabled devices, optional fall detection and additional protection plans, Bay Alarm Medical offers emergency response systems to suit many lifestyles and budgets. Bay Alarm Medical alert reviews indicate exceptional customer service and easy installation. Plus, you can try a Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days to see if its a good fit without any risk.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information