Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This system has saved my grandfather numerous times. We have all been so relieved since purchasing! Every over the phone conversation has been very helpful and pleasant as well. Never once had an issue with the system or customer service. LOVE the fall detect option as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There is no problem. We are signed up and it is working. The registration process was great and we had a very good representative who explained everything to us. Thank GOD we have not had to use it but have the comfort of knowing it is there. Thank you.

Very efficient, conducted business in a professional manner from the first point of contact. No long term contract or high pressure sales, and cancellation was very easy. Great equipment, staff and support. Thank you for a wonderful experience during these trying times!

We had a false alarm, but the response was just what we had hoped it would be. Bay Alarm's customer service helped us through some of my mom's early adjustment problems. We are very pleased, and would recommend this service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Even though I haven't had to activate the service, it has been very comforting for myself, housemates, and family to have it at a time when my mobility was limited. The variety of services available fits every need, every budget, and every circumstance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Called for help with set up. Customer rep was very helpful and considerate. Performed a test of the system while she was on the phone. The emergency operator came on, I told him we were testing. Very helpful. Happy so far!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far so good. Hopefully neither we nor our family nor friends will ever need to use this on our behalf. We tested the device once and everything seemed to work well, and any questions or concerns we had were answered to our satisfaction.

I am on the go a lot but live alone and want to have some security in case of an accident. I think the lanyard supplied with the GPS unit is very cumbersome. The unit falls just above my waist line and I'm inadvertently pressed it twice by leaning into something. I would prefer the unit to be much smaller with a less restrictive lanyard. Otherwise, I'm satisfied.

My sister, Rosella ** and I, purchased the alert system after her husband passed away in May of this year. To date, we feel everything has been as advertised and things have gone efficiently and easily. Recently, she needed to use the alarm and the response was immediate, help called and I was notified as the contact person. We received the lockbox as part of a July promotion and are very happy to have that extra layer of security.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Terrible documentation and unhelpful support department. Received a tiny user manual with 8 point type. Customer support advised me to Google videos for help setting up unit. Refused to prorate billing for unit which took two weeks to arrive, insisted that I pay for unit I couldn't use.

I called to ask about account information and Rebecca was extremely helpful and was able to answer all my questions. She was knowledgeable, informative, clear and to the point, a quality I appreciate. So far nothing but good things to say about Bay Alarm Medical.

I have only used the customer service when I set my med. alarm off by mistake. Employees are very polite, cheerful and helpful. I recommend this company to all my friends. A friend, who has the med. alert system, recommended it to me. I am happy with it.

Such nice person to speak to answered all my questions and was professional. Thank you! Covered all the bases, explained that would not pick up unless my mother was still for 15 seconds after impact. My mother has been a customer of Bay medical for many years and has been quite pleased with the service.

At this time, I have not, fortunately, needed to use my alarm service. I have tested it and found it to be prompt and efficient. I feel secure with the system. I would recommend it to my friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted the device quickly, so paid $39.95 for "2-day" express shipping. Ordered on a Thursday, I expected it on Saturday. Uh, no. When I called them on Sunday to find out where it was, they "explained" that although it says 2-day shipping on the site, once I press the "send" button, they pointed out that the fine print that springs up at the bottom once you place your order indicates that it isn't really 2-day shipping, it is "2-3 business days". Meaning that although I ordered it on a Thursday, it wouldn't arrive until the following Tuesday.

I would have received it the same time as ground shipping. Very unhappy at what I viewed as deceptive advertising, I asked them to charge me only for ground shipping (which it was) rather than for "express shipping" (it wasn't). They refused, indicating that they were within "policy". Nonsense. I have canceled the alarm order even before receiving the equipment. Any company that treats its customers this way will not be a good provider in other ways. Try another vendor that doesn't lie to customers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

With our help, my 92 year old mother still lives independently. When she finally agreed to my suggestion that a medical alert system would be a smart move and provide an extra layer of much-needed safety for her, I immediately dove into researching the various systems in today's market so we could act before she had a change of heart. After comparing a number of services, looking at features and charges, and reading hundreds of customer reviews, the Bay Alarm Medical Alert became the clear choice for us to help protect my Mom.

Ordering was simple, set up was incredibly easy, and initial equipment testing proved that the system was simple enough for a non-technical 92 year old to use with confidence. Like insurance policies that we carry, we hope that she will never need to summon assistance, and the alert system will get the chance to be a "waste of money," but she and our entire family are very pleased to have the peace of mind the Bay Medical Alert brings to us.

I had 5 questions. Rebecca answered all of them and updated our account very professionally. Thanks Rebecca! She discussed options for additional services and provided pricing for each. She also updated our contact list. Finally she ordered a wrist button for us.

I called to update the emergency call list For my mother's (Martha **) Medic Alert. The staff I spoke with were very helpful and took care of what I needed with no hesitation and I am very appreciative. Thank you!

Bay Alarm Medical

Hello Victoria, We thank you for your feedback and would like to apologize for any confusion. After reviewing your account it does look as though a Service Agreement was sent after your initial order for review, but all of the terms and conditions included in the Service Agreement were provided and electronically agreed to at the time of order on our website ordering page. We assure you that it is always our policy to provide the entirety of the terms and conditions at the time of order and prior to the shipment of the equipment. We do have a no hidden fees policy and due to our equipment being provided free of charged and required for return, we will never be able to add additional equipment fees unless the equipment becomes damaged prior to return. Again this is not a hidden fee or a required fee of our customers with a normal use and return of equipment. Again we would like to apologize and will provide assistance with the return of the equipment if needed. We have a 30 day risk free trial period so a full refund of your purchase price will be issued upon return. Please contact us with any questions that you have. Kind Regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Purchased system for 81-yr. old widow from our church... Online. Only after purchase, did Bay Alarm Medical provide four-page, service agreement that disclosed an additional $299.00 charge would be assessed if user discontinued monitoring system. This information is not available to consumer until "AFTER" the online purchase has been made.

I reviewed Bay Alarm Medical's online website which provides FAQ for consumers. Direct quotes from site: Question: "What total charges?" Answer: "Zero hidden fees!" Question: "Are there any cancellation fees? Answer: "No, you may cancel at any time." While this answer "partially" accurate, no further information is provided to the purchaser that an additional fee of $299.00 will be charged if equipment is not sent back. Since most users of the service are elderly, in a state of fragile health and perhaps incapable of understanding a 4-page contract written by attorneys, I believe that the lack of full disclosure of ALL anticipated fees and charges is disgraceful.

Although Bay Alarm Medical personnel rep stated that no equipment would be mailed to user until the "Legally binding contract was signed and returned to Bay Alarm Medical," that policy is NOT applicable to online purchasers. My credit card was charged before I had reviewed the Service Agreement on behalf of my 81-year old friend. Although I have canceled the account, the equipment was immediately sent and it's way to her home. I must now intercept it and send it back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Trisha was delightful to work with. She was professional and spoke clearly. She answered all my questions. She was clear and concise with all the information she gave me. She informed me of all the extra possibilities (add-ons) that were available.

Bay Alarm Medical

Hi Michelle - Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to know that your parents are protected and you have peace of mind knowing they aren't alone. We sure hope everyone is okay and your loved one recovered well. Please feel free to give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 31, 2017

I highly recommend Bay Alarm Medical. I researched several companies and found them to meet my needs. I purchase this service for my parents so I am notified if they fall or need medical assistance. We have used the service once for ambulance service due to a fall (and had a few times they set it off in error) and all service representatives have been very helpful and respectful.

Your responses to my mother’s calls were all excellent. On one occasion you had to work your way down the list of contacts. One of the first time call recipients thought your first words should be along the lines of "this is an emergency call" to get her attention to the nature of the call immediately, as she hangs up quickly sometimes if she suspects a robot call or sales call. But then that is Aunt Liesel.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I loved my experience with Jessica, she answered all my questions. Ask me pertinent questions to assess my Mother's needs. I was thorough in my search for an alert system. And hated the hard sell of other companies. Or the condescending manner. Jessica was courteous, warm and emailed me all information I needed to make my decision and provided her direct phone number. I am looking forward to a great relationship with Bay Alarm Medical.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Thank you this helps me and my family to know that my father has great people to be there if there is an emergency. We have tested the system a few times (a couple by accident) and every time the operator was so nice and helpful. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

System works fairly well. Personnel during phone conversations are very clear and understandable. We wish that the call response times whether because of a false/canceled emergency or not, were a lot speedier! The friendly people we've talked to at your end really reduce the stress!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been very pleased with all the agents I have contacted. I have not had the need to use the system but it is easy to test and set up. I hope to never have to use it but feel confident in the protection. I would recommend it to all my friends that are alone.

You have a wonderful product! The help and peace of mind you provide is without words. Your staff was always friendly and extremely helpful even through all our false alarms. I would definitely recommend your company to anyone with older parents that you have any concerns about. Thank you.

I just signed up today for Bay Alarm Medical so I do not yet have an opinion regarding the actual service. However, I called Bay Alarm on two separate occasions to discuss cost and services. I feel fortunate to speak with Rochelle both times. Rochelle is consistently polite and friendly and is upfront about any/all costs associated with Bay Alarm Medical services and equipment. At no time did I feel obligated to purchase or that she was trying to hide costs from me in any way. I am comfortable with my decision to use Bay Alarm for my mother. Thank you.

Have been very happy with your response for my father. He has not had it long but the fall button has saved him a few times already. We currently had to start a 24 hr nurses aid service because he is weak and can't walk. If he gets strong enough, we will use it again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I asked the representative on the phone for a copy of payments made in 2016 & 2017 (for insurance purposes). Aleisha ** was friendly and professional on the phone. She answered all my questions and gave me exactly what I needed via PDF in an email. Couldn't wish for more. Thank you.

Anthony helped me and was a great listener and provided all the answers to my questions. He was completely familiar with "packages" I could purchase and between the two of us I found the perfect plan for me. Anthony is the BEST!!!

Bay Alarm Medical Company Profile