2. Medical Alert Systems
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.84/5

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.

PROS

• GPS technology
  • Optional automatic fall detection
  • 30-day free trial

CONS

• Add-on services can get expensive

Top Bay Alarm Medical Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up... Thank you for your assistance.

Everyone was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered...

Bay Alarm Medical Learn More

About Bay Alarm Medical

Bay Alarm Medical provides 24/7 emergency response services at a competitive price. With the push of a button, a Bay Alarm Medical operator connects with emergency personnel or the user's approved emergency contacts.

Bay Alarm Medical alert devices are made in the United States and connect to U.S.-based monitoring centers. Wireless Bay Alarm Medical alert devices run on the AT&T cellular network but don’t require an existing AT&T account — cellular service is included in the cost of the device.

Bay Alarm Medical alert packages

Bay Alarm Medical offers discounted bundle packages for medical alert devices used in the home and on the go.

• In-Home Medical Alert: The Bay Alarm Medical in-home medical alert is designed to be stationary at home but is lightweight enough to move around the house. It accesses help with the push of one button and provides a 32-hour battery backup. Reception is clear and easy to understand, and the service can include automatic fall detection.
  • Mobile GPS Help Button: Powered by 4G LTE, the Mobile GPS Help Button summons emergency medical help when needed. The unit includes GPS technology that informs emergency operators the exact location of the user, allowing users independence from checking in with others while providing caregivers the ability to monitor movements. The wearable, lightweight and barely noticeable device features clients tracking and optional auto fall buttons.
  • In-Car Medical Alert: The In-Car Medical Alert can provide peace of mind for users who don’t want to give up the ability to drive their car. Users can summon help, and the device instantly detects a crash. It provides two-way communication if help is called. The device plugs easily into the car’s cigarette lighter/12V auxiliary power outlet and maintains a GPS signal, letting caregivers track the driver and document trip information. Add-ons include in-home medical alert buttons and GPS buttons to carry all the time.
  • 360° Protection Bundle: This has all of the Bay Alarm Medical services available in one package. With the 360° Protection Bundle, users can access the In-Home Alert, Mobile Alert and Car Alert systems. It’s a comprehensive bundle that comes with an all-in-one discount that has every potential place for emergency calls covered. This package can include fall detection, wall buttons and lockboxes.

Bay Alarm Medical price comparison

Bay Alarm Medical pricing depends upon the user's chosen bundle. Occasionally, a Bay Alarm medical promo code will be available for a discount.

ProductBasic ProtectionPreferred ProtectionPremium Protection
In-Home Medical Alert$19.95/month$39.95/month$59.95/month
Mobile GPS Help Button$29.95/month$39.95/month$49.95/month
In-Car Medical Alert$29.95/month$49.95/month$59.95/month
360° Protection Bundle$59.95/month$69.95/month$79.95/month

Bay Alarm Medical accessories

Bay Alarm Medical accessories can be added to the different medical alert plans for extra protection.

Lockbox
  • $39.95
  • Combination-style lock
  • Holds up to 5 sets of keys

The Bay Alarm Medical lockbox goes on your outside door and is programmed with an entry code emergency personnel can access when they respond to an emergency inside your home. It protects your property and it protects you from having to let them in.

Help Buttons
  • $1.95 per month
  • Up to 1,000' coverage
  • Waterproof

Additional medical alert buttons are available for you, your spouse, and any roommates or family members who live with you. You can wear it around your wrist or neck for mobility, it's waterproof, and its battery has a five-year lifespan. You can get each extra buttons for an additional $1.95 per month.

Wall Button
  • $2.95 per month
  • Waterproof
  • 5-year battery life

Bay Alarm Medical wall buttons should go in high-risk and high-traffic areas around your home, where you can easily press them for help. They’re extremely easy to see, waterproof and highly adhesive. If you don’t want to wear a button all the time, buy a single wall button for $2.95 per month or four for $10 per month.

Protection Plan
  • $5 per month
  • Supports up to 1,800 watts
  • 600 Joule surge protection

The Bay Alarm Medical Protection Plan provides additional peace of mind by keeping your medical alerts safe from power surges, flood, voltage spikes or other damaging incidents. The plan includes surge protectors, lights and warranties. The cost is $5 per month and covers up to $300.

Vile of Life
  • $8.95
  • Provides medical information to EMS
  • Durable plastic with magnetic strip

The Vial of Life is free with a new subscription or can be purchased separately for $8.95. It’s great for anyone who wants to keep all medical and contact information in one place. If you cannot communicate when emergency personnel arrives, they only need to look at this information.

DSL
  • $24.95
  • One-time charge
  • For In-Home Medical Alert systems

If you’re using high-speed internet in your home through DSL, you want to keep the signals from getting crossed. A DSL filter will do that, and if you don’t have your own, you can buy one directly from Bay Alarm Medical for $24.95.

HIGH-SPEED PHONE CORD
  • $9.95
  • One-time charge
  • 25” long

Bay Alarm Medical offers a 25-foot high-speed phone cord that’s compatible with both analog and digital applications. For some, a longer cord can allow more flexibility where the base station is located.

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: May 28, 2020

I had questions about my mother's necklace device, it had been accidentally triggered. I needed to know if there was something wrong with the device and if there was something that needed to be corrected or upgraded. The the customer associate, John, was able to answer them. He was kind, efficient and knowledgeable.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Holly - Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience. We are pleased to hear, John, was able to assist you and provide the proper customer care. We are certainly glad that it was just a false alarm and mom is doing well. Please remind mom to test the device at least once per month. Feel free to give us a call to run a test with her over the phone or if there are any other questions.

Bay Alarm Medical

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2020

John A answered the phone and first offered his condolences on the death of my father when I called to cancel the service. He provided detailed information on how to send back the equipment, how to change the lock on the lockbox, sent me emails right away with the address for the return, explained how to do the return. And I could not have asked for a more kind, compassionate, passionate and supportive representative. He is an asset to your team. Thank you Bay Alarm for giving our family the assurance that our father was in good hands and for making this experience as he aged so easy for us to trust he could live alone.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Harold - We are so grateful for your words. We understand what its like to lose a loved one, so it's important that we make the cancellation process simple and seamless for families and friends. John was happy to hear from you (We also agree he is an absolute asset to our team!). We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and most of all, trusting in us to be there for dad.

All the best,

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 13, 2020

I received a low battery warning for my dad's medical alert machine, and was very concerned. I called your number, which was given in the original voicemail message, and was delighted with the competent person who helped me. She checked on my dad's system and told me that it was the main unit that had showed a problem, but that it now was working fine. Had he experienced a brief power outage? Yes, he had. She also explained that the battery life of both the main unit and wrist button are monitored, so I would be notified well in advance when a new wrist unit was needed. This is a great relief to me, and I was thrilled with the kindness and competence of your employee as she explained this aspect of your system to me. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I ordered the Bay Alarm Medical Alert system for my mom in December 2019. The packaging was great and the instructions were clear and easy to understand. It took about a minute to set up and then we tested the system with great response. The next day, I completed the paperwork and forms for any first responders— who to contact, how to get into the house, etc. I decided to mail my paperwork with instructions to the Bay Medical team and first responders instead of faxing or emailing.

The Bay Alarm Medical paperwork was clear that until they received the instructions from me, they had no liability in taking action on any calls. Unfortunately, my mom fell within a couple days of connection, she pressed her neck device and was too far away to hear a representative on the speaker. The response agent didn’t have my instructions and still called 911 for an ambulance and my mom was taken to the emergency room. I was highly impressed with the system and the process and have already recommended it to an elderly neighbor and to my friends and family on social media. Thank you for what you do!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Really excellent device, reliable, easy to use. I live far away, so I wasn't able to go to my friend and set it up for her myself, but the box was easy for her to plug in and wear when she got it in the mail. I was able to subscribe remotely, everywhere I lived, to manage the account on her behalf, even after I moved to Israel, via Skype. The customer service was great. My friend was losing mobility, and had many scary falls, but always wore her button as a necklace, and each time, it summoned some strapping, handsome firemen to rescue her, to get her to the hospital, even in the middle of the night.

Eventually, I had to cancel, as my friend moved to a full care facility that has their own call system. I worried about the expense of buying the equipment as part of my cancellation, as from my home abroad, I could not go to Colorado to return my friend's device by mail. They told me I could leave it there, and my prorated payment return would cover the cost. Not ideal to have to buy it rather than mail it back, but considering my particular long-distance situation, it was a great option to resolve the problem. This device saved my friend from what would have been several traumatizing and dangerous situations, helping her know that she was not alone, and that guardian angels were just a button press away.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Representative was professional and courteous. Was able to assist and give information requested by me in a timely manner. Bay Alarm in general have served me and my mom very well. I will always recommend this service to anyone who's in need of prompt reliable service. It was comforting to know they was always there even though not seen. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Paula - Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear our representative was able to assist you properly and promptly. We appreciate you sharing your experience along with kind words. It's been a pleasure being there for you and mom and thank you for trusting in our team. If there is anything more we can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 16, 2020

I needed to cancel and return a Bay Alarm Alert and Shauntee ** was fantastic in helping facilitate the cancellation, she truly is an asset to Bay Alarm Medical. If I am in need in the future for a home alert device, I will use Bay Medical, and with employees like Shauntee doing such an outstanding job, I know Bay Medical and its customers are in great hands. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Dwight - Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear that Shauntee was able to assist you and make the process easy. We are absolutely grateful to have a teammate like Shauntee. She is very appreciative of your kind words and we thank you for your recommendation. If you need anything further, we are happy to help!

All the best,

Original review: May 29, 2020

My assistance was wonderful. I found out that the equipment I returned was received by Bay Alarm and she credited my account right then which was extra and very appreciated. It makes handling this much easier. Finally, she is making a note to let me know when the watch comes out which is the device I want. Thank you for such excellent support.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Very good to deal with, friendly and helpful. Operators were patience with my sister of 78. System functioned as expected. My sister fell a couple of times and could't get up or answer Bay Alarms call so the fire department were called to assist her. Great peace of mind knowing there was help at a click of a button.

Original review: May 29, 2020

John in the technician department was very helpful with our situation. We were trying to work out several solutions to help my Mom remove the buttons in her home without activating it. Jon was very patient during the entire phone call (one hour!) to stay on the phone while giving specific and clear instructions throughout the process. If ever there are any issues in the future we would be thrilled to work with John again!

Bay Alarm Medical FAQ

How do Bay Alarm Medical alert devices work?
    The Bay Alarm Medical device works reliably and efficiently in three easy steps. First, the user will encounter a problem and press the button on their mobile, in-home, wall-mounted or car emergency device. A trained emergency operator immediately accepts the call, finds your location and identifies what you need. Then, the operator will contact family members, neighbors or a trusted friend to assist you. The operator can also dispatch emergency medical attention if required.
    What is Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time?
    Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time is about 45 seconds, and most calls are answered in less than a minute.
    Does Medicare cover Bay Alarm Medical alert systems?
    No, Medicare doesn’t cover any of the emergency alert devices through Bay Alarm Medical.
    Do I have to sign a contract to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system?
    No, no long-term contracts required to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system.
    What is Bay Alarm Medical’s cancellation policy?
    Bay Alarm Medical does not charge cancellation fees as long as you return all equipment in its original packaging.
    When is Bay Alarm Medical customer service available?
    Bay Alarm Medical customer service is available by phone Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m., PST.
    Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Bay Alarm Medical monitoring service?
    No, free spouse coverage is included in Bay Alarm Medical’s packages.
    Where are Bay Alarm Medical monitoring centers located?
    All operators answering emergency calls are based in the United States. Centers are in California, Idaho and Utah.
    Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
    Yes, Bay Alarm Medical base and mobile alert systems are protected by a warranty as long as the defect or problem occurred because of normal wear and not due to abuse, misuse or neglect. If your Bay Alarm Medical device wears out or is defective, the device will be replaced at no cost to you.
    Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a free trial period?
    Yes, you can use the Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days risk-free — if you decide you don’t like the device at the end of the trial period, return it for a full refund.
    Does Bay Alarm Medical require a landline?
    Bay Alarm Medical devices don’t require a landline, though Bay Alarm Medical has systems that are compatible with a landline if you already have one. If you don’t, you can use the in-home cellular service or the GPS model.
    Are Bay Alarm Medical mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
    Bay Alarm Medical equipment is waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while taking a bath. Wall alert systems are also protected against steam and water.
    How much does Bay Alarm Medical cost per month?
    Cost of Bay Alarm Medical per month begins at $19.95 and increases according to plan level. Bay Alarm Medical monthly costs depend on the device and the service selected.

Do we recommend Bay Alarm Medical?

Yes. With 24/7 monitoring service and GPS-enabled devices, optional fall detection and additional protection plans, Bay Alarm Medical offers emergency response systems to suit many lifestyles and budgets. Bay Alarm Medical alert reviews indicate exceptional customer service and easy installation. Plus, you can try a Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days to see if its a good fit without any risk.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information