Call toll free
(888) 829-2024
4.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3194 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Received exceptional customer service from Trish when ordering Bay Alarm Medical Alert Systems for two of my relatives today. Trish communicated clearly and eloquently, providing succinct information about my interests and did not push for add-ons other than informing me they were available.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

The contact person was courteous and prompt, resolved my issue within a minute or two, very pleasant. Overall the company was fantastic during every encounter I had with them, if it wasn't for the fact that dementia prevented the person from remembering to wear the device for falling or to know what the box was for, we would still be using their services.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The advertisement stated a 30 day free trial. We received the unit but the phone connection would not work. We call the tech. service and he stated the system does not work with Verizon Wireless. We cancel the service because it did not work. No refund was offered or received.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Gene - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear our system did not work out for you. We have checked the account and a refund has been processed but may take up to 5-7 business days, depending on your bank. We apologize for any delays and miscommunication and can assure you that the refund was being processed. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Exceptional Technical Support and subscriber assistance with initial installation and set up. Extremely professional, cordial, and patient. Representative made the entire process simple and stress free. Devices worked perfectly in all locations and provide immense peace of mind and safety.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When PG&E cut power to my area with inadequate notice, I was left without power to the Bay Alarm device. I received a call a few days later responding to my telephone call advising Bay Alarm of that fact and asking that they not call me in the middle of the night because they were seeing that my device was not working. They complied with my request, and the callback was a followup. I was completely satisfied with the way they responded. My one suggestion to them is that they identify themselves on Caller ID rather than just showing that they are a Toll Free Call, as many folks (including me) don't pick up the phone unless they know who's calling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My mother in law still lived at home with my sister in law who works during the day. This was a little peace of mind, knowing if something happened - she would be helped. Although I believe she only used it twice - that was two times that made a difference. This also gave my mom in law the confidence to stay by herself during that time. I would recommend this for any older person - staying alone! Peace of Mind & Life Saving!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I spoke to Vanessa because I was emailed a 2nd nonpayment notice. I had recently updated the expiration date on my credit card but apparently not in time for the auto payment. Vanessa was very helpful and rectified the problem for me. Thank you! It would have been better to receive a notice reminding me to update the extension date. Most companies do not require the customer to manually call them when the expiration date renews.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Operator Lupey talked me through troubleshooting and subsequent resolution and remediation of installation failure. Lupey displayed product knowledge, customer grace, and professional talent necessary to resolve diagnosis, and situation resolution to achieve customer satisfaction. Is a shame I cannot award Lupey 6 stars for my experience, just saying... Thank you Bay Alarm Medical.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Von - Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear our Lupe was able to assist you promptly with troubleshooting and providing the help you needed to resolve your concerns. Your message is so kind and she is very happy to hear from you! We will be sure to acknowledge her hard work and your wonderful message. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you need further help or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call. All the best. Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was seeking some information that I wanted before completing the form. The representative I spoke with was helpful, pleasant, courteous, and answered both questions I had. I was very pleased with the response. Thanks! It’s reassuring to have such help available.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi June - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are glad to hear our team was able to assist you with your questions. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The tech was polite, professional and assisted with setting up and testing all units including pendant and wall units. The person answering the calls was also very nice and helpful throughout testing. I’m very pleased with the level of service!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I am mad as hell. My mother has been waiting a week for a new fall detection necklace. Her battery completely died last week. I called and requested a new necklace last Friday and asked that it be overnighted. I was told it would be overnighted on Friday. I knew better than to think it would get here by Saturday, but it should have been here by Tuesday at the very latest!

On Tuesday I called Bay Alarm AGAIN and was told it was in the mail. I received a UPS email stating that I had a package set for delivery for today, Wednesday, but when I checked, it had JUST been entered into the system as a label was created. I am Mad. My mom has been a long time customer of Bay Alarm. She cannot stay at her house without this system so she is staying with me for now. She wants to go home to her own home, but can't because someone didn't do their job. Did I mention how mad I am? I just ordered a new system from another company and should have it by Friday. Bay Alarm will be cancelled first thing in the morning. If you value your safety I suggest that you think long and hard about continuing doing business with Bay Alarm. They are not even capable to get a new fall detection necklace in the mail...

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Received a vmail and email on 9-23-18, that account was past due and had been since January of 2018. They said they had tried repeatedly, but I get vmail in my email and guarantee that is not the case. This was the first I had heard about the problem. Absolutely ridiculous, and we have replaced the communication box just a couple of months ago and nobody said anything. If you want me address issues that I'm not aware of you have to tell me. They got the account current, but did not tell me how much until I got a receipt, and then I called back to find out why it was so much. Billing operators are obviously not US-based and are not very understandable. I'm not very impressed.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Kevin - Thank you for your feedback. We would like to advise that our call center and monitoring stations are all U.S. based in California, Utah, and Idaho. We did review the account and see it has been updated. Due to our security policies to protect our customers, we can only disclose sensitive account information with account holders. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-877-522-9633. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My dad has had this service for a few years. Yesterday 2 letters were received dated the same day 11 days ago that his service was being terminated for nonpayment. This is auto withdraw from a credit card. I am Unable to speak to anyone until Monday as the business office is not open on weekends. I am most certain it's due to a credit card expiration. However- my 93-year-old father is on hospice and is blind. He has been left alone several times in the last few days with only his button as protection. They cut his service - and never notified us until now.

They have his home number - and 2 emergency contact numbers, as well as our house address, and NEVER reached out to us - until now. I will get this taken care of and then will cancel the service. Consumers have the choice of companies to use and there are many out there. If they choose to poorly communicate about a billing issue, I am not sure I want them communicating in the event of an emergency or a life and death situation. Choose wisely.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lisa - Thank you for your valued feedback. We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconveniences. We do send out notices via mail and email as well as contact by phone. Our team is continuing to better improve our processes to ensure prompt notification for account updates. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 6AM-6PM PST, Saturday-Sunday 8AM-430PM PST. Your customer experience and feedback is very important to us. We will have a Customer Care representative contact you shortly to ensure account information is up to date. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We received 2 letters today that our account is being stopped due to not paying our bills. Willa was very upset and always pays her bills on time and felt helpless. After a phone call to your company and speaking with a representative that was difficult to understand, her credit card had expired in April but we were never contacted until today. The representative said they’d sent emails but it was to another address which I never gave you. Willa doesn’t have a computer. I’m very disappointed with your way of handling this matter and if it weren’t for her safety I would cancel services. I’m still contemplating looking for another service that is more supportive and that has better communication.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi there - Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience and frustration you experienced. We did send out notices to the billing address on file as well as contacted by phone. A Customer Care representative will be in contact with you shortly to follow up and ensure everything has been resolved to your satisfaction. We look forward to speaking with you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My complaint is that I cancelled the contract and mailed back the base unit which was received by Bay Alarm this morning tracking the shipment but I haven't received any acknowledgement or confirmation that no further payments will be taken from my account.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jivat - Thank you for your feedback. Upon receiving the equipment, our cancellation process can take 1-2 weeks. We apologize for any confusion, but we do honor the post-mark date as the date received. We did review your account and it has been fully cancelled. If you have further questions or concerns, please do hesitate to reach out to us. We are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Last week I received a letter stating my account had been cancelled due to lack of payment. This was the first I had known there was a problem. When I called I was told this was the third notice that had been sent. I did not receive the first two. Not 10 minutes after I hung up from talking to someone about my account, I receive a text asking for a review. Bay Alarm can't bother to send me a text about non-payment - but within minutes can send a text about a review. Very poor communication. I had never been late with a payment before!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Marsha - Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience and frustration you experienced. We did send out notices to the billing address on file, and we apologize if you did not receive them. Our team is continuing to better improve our processes to ensure prompt notification for account updates. Your customer experience and feedback is very important to us. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had questions about my mother's system - the representative helped me test the system, find out where the problem was and how it can be remedied. They will be sending out a new help button, and she said she would have it set up in necklace form for my mom. She was knowledgeable, friendly and answered my questions! Very much appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

The alarm was too heavy. The lanyard was too heavy, too long (had to have 6 inches hanging down the back of my neck). I was told by Bay Alarm (after I received it and was wearing it that I HAD to wear it on outside of clothing! NO WAY WAS I DOING THAT - it would make alarm swing out into the way every time I tried to lean forward for any reason!!! Lanyard could not be changed to different type due to method of attaching it!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My elderly mother accidentally let her subscription to Bay Alarm Medical lapse and leaving a balance owed. My call to get it straightened out was handled by a very efficient and friendly young woman. Setting up a 3 way call between the 3 of us, she was able to resubscribe my mother and give me peace of mind. What a pleasant experience!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The sales associate (Victoria) was professional, knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. She took her time in explaining the different plans that are offered and spoke slowly and clearly. She answered all my questions, more than once, and made helpful suggestions when I asked. It was a pleasure doing business with her.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had good experience. I decided to not try using in house VOIP for several reasons, so I changed to cellular in the house. It is costing a lot more, but I will give it a good try. Customer Service was very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Equipment operation and quick response by your team. I misjudged and overstepped the bottom step impacting concrete sidewalk. Hospital ER, CAT scan indicated no broken bones, just minor concussion, and abrasions on right forehead and side of head. No treatment rendered in ER. Sent me the with instructions to clean and medicate abrasions. Apply an ice pack to reduce swelling. No headache, but some minor soreness on right side of body.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Lauren was extremely helpful and professional in helping me enter my mother’s information in the system. I am a first time user and she guided me through the process. She asked for and was able to clarify all the pertinent information.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

After reviewing all kinds of products & companies, Bay Alarm was selected. The many questions that our family had were ALL answered professionally and kindly by 'Casey'. We kept Casey's phone number and ordered you product. Shipment (standard) came much quicker than expected. Set up with Casey's help was very easy. A few 'tests' were conducted with Casey on my cell phone. All is well. I want to commend Casey for ALL of her time she spent with me and my family members. She, along with other reps that I called, are very well trained representatives. The internet reviews also state your service is Top Notch. Again, thank you to Casey are your entire group. Take Care & Enjoy Life.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jean - Thank you for your kind review. We have passed your message to our representative and she was so happy to hear from you. We are so happy to hear she was able to assist you and ensure that your system is working properly. Please do not ever hesitate to give us a call with any other questions or concerns, we'd love to help you! Again, thank you for your feedback. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Peace of mind that my mother in Atlanta who lives alone has this service! I researched many companies and chose this one, and I am in the process of arranging this for my mother in law who is trying to resume independent living after a lengthy, life threatening hospitalization. Thanks to Bay Medical, we are able to have confidence in their safety!

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Barbara - Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to know you have some peace of mind with your mom being in another state. We understand it can be stressful and we're happy to know our services have provided some comfort for you and your family. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need anything or have any questions - we are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We happen to have a AT&T tech checking on a phone connection and he was very helpful in assisting hooking this up so it went well with installation. I can't see 5 stars yet till I see how well my mother-in-law handles this system. She is legally blind and partially deaf so the real test will be with her experience. We do have more peace of mind it's there if she needs it.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jerry - Thank you for your feedback. We hope that everything is going well for your mom and that our system has been helpful to your family in adding peace of mind. If there are any concerns or questions about the system or services, please do not hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We are always happy to help! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I just wanted to let you know that we set up the system for my mom and it was easy. A call to the technician and a minor problem was quickly resolved. The system works great. Thank you. I would recommend Bay Alarm to friends. I am sure my mom would too.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Phone was disconnected. I was able to push one of the buttons on the back of the device and all was then well. The person who contacted me was polite and gave me a telephone number to call if I needed more help.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Susan - Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind review and for sharing your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance or have any questions regarding your system. We are glad you are safe and there was no emergency! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The young lady on the phone was so sweet! I lost my bracelet a week ago and can't find it anywhere. I called to see if Bay Alarm could locate it for me, but she explained they couldn't. She is sending me a new one, and I'll only have to pay for the shipping. The representative was super pleasant on the phone. I wish all Customer Service folks were like her. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Contacted Bay after shopping online for medical emergency personal call alarm for my wife. Contacted Bay because of excellent customer reviews. Ordering was easy - good assistance from CSR in recommendations. Received unit promptly - easy to hook up and tested immediately. Received call from center within 15 seconds!!! So far really impressed.

Bay Alarm Medical expert review by Shelley Webb

Sixty years in the business of protecting families has given Bay Alarm Medical critical insight into the needs of their customers. As a result, the company has won multiple awards for best provider in the medical alert system category.

• They offer a free trial period: Customers can try the service for 14 days before making a decision. As long as everything is returned within the trial period, customers will get a full refund.

• Their free spouse coverage may be a bonus: Essentially, Bay Alarm Medical offers a buy one, get one free special. Customers who sign up can include their spouses free.

• Pricing: Bay Alarm Medical offers deep discounts when service is paid in a single annual installment.

• There are equipment costs: Many companies offer medical alert system equipment free with the installation, but this provider has a one-time device fee, depending on the level of service chosen.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information