For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.
Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.
- GPS technology
- Optional automatic fall detection
- 30-day free trial
- Add-on services can get expensive
Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up... Thank you for your assistance.Read full review
Everyone was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered...Read full review
About Bay Alarm Medical
Bay Alarm Medical provides 24/7 emergency response services at a competitive price. With the push of a button, a Bay Alarm Medical operator connects with emergency personnel or the user's approved emergency contacts.
Bay Alarm Medical alert devices are made in the United States and connect to U.S.-based monitoring centers. Wireless Bay Alarm Medical alert devices run on the AT&T cellular network but don’t require an existing AT&T account — cellular service is included in the cost of the device.
Bay Alarm Medical alert packages
Bay Alarm Medical offers discounted bundle packages for medical alert devices used in the home and on the go.
- In-Home Medical Alert: The Bay Alarm Medical in-home medical alert is designed to be stationary at home but is lightweight enough to move around the house. It accesses help with the push of one button and provides a 32-hour battery backup. Reception is clear and easy to understand, and the service can include automatic fall detection.
- Mobile GPS Help Button: Powered by 4G LTE, the Mobile GPS Help Button summons emergency medical help when needed. The unit includes GPS technology that informs emergency operators the exact location of the user, allowing users independence from checking in with others while providing caregivers the ability to monitor movements. The wearable, lightweight and barely noticeable device features clients tracking and optional auto fall buttons.
- In-Car Medical Alert: The In-Car Medical Alert can provide peace of mind for users who don’t want to give up the ability to drive their car. Users can summon help, and the device instantly detects a crash. It provides two-way communication if help is called. The device plugs easily into the car’s cigarette lighter/12V auxiliary power outlet and maintains a GPS signal, letting caregivers track the driver and document trip information. Add-ons include in-home medical alert buttons and GPS buttons to carry all the time.
- 360° Protection Bundle: This has all of the Bay Alarm Medical services available in one package. With the 360° Protection Bundle, users can access the In-Home Alert, Mobile Alert and Car Alert systems. It’s a comprehensive bundle that comes with an all-in-one discount that has every potential place for emergency calls covered. This package can include fall detection, wall buttons and lockboxes.
Bay Alarm Medical price comparison
Bay Alarm Medical pricing depends upon the user's chosen bundle. Occasionally, a Bay Alarm medical promo code will be available for a discount.
|Product||Basic Protection||Preferred Protection||Premium Protection|
|In-Home Medical Alert||$19.95/month||$39.95/month||$59.95/month|
|Mobile GPS Help Button||$29.95/month||$39.95/month||$49.95/month|
|In-Care Medical Alert||$29.95/month||$49.95/month||$59.95/month|
|360° Protection Bundle||$59.95/month||$69.95/month||$79.95/month|
Bay Alarm Medical accessories
Bay Alarm Medical accessories can be added to the different medical alert plans for extra protection.
The Bay Alarm Medical lockbox goes on your outside door and is programmed with an entry code emergency personnel can access when they respond to an emergency inside your home. It protects your property and it protects you from having to let them in.
The Bay Alarm Medical Protection Plan provides additional peace of mind by keeping your medical alerts safe from power surges, flood, voltage spikes or other damaging incidents. The plan includes surge protectors, lights and warranties. The cost is $5 per month and covers up to $300.
The Vial of Life is free with a new subscription or can be purchased separately for $8.95. It’s great for anyone who wants to keep all medical and contact information in one place. If you cannot communicate when emergency personnel arrives, they only need to look at this information.
If you’re using high-speed internet in your home through DSL, you want to keep the signals from getting crossed. A DSL filter will do that, and if you don’t have your own, you can buy one directly from Bay Alarm Medical for $24.95.
Bay Alarm Medical offers a 25-foot high-speed phone cord that’s compatible with both analog and digital applications. For some, a longer cord can allow more flexibility where the base station is located.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
This service is reliable and prompt to respond. Bay Alarm has provided sense of safety and security to my family for several years now. Highly recommended. Minor point: Long wait time when phoning company for account management issue, but representative who took the call was efficient and pleasant.
Hi Marcella - Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear from you and truly appreciate your kind words. We sincerely apologize for the long hold time as we are experiencing higher call volumes than usual. We are definitely aware of it and are continuing to make changes to improve customer experience. Thank you so much for trusting in our team to be there over the years.Thank you,
Bay Alarm Medical
I'm 90 years old and fell in my bathroom and was bleeding very much. I had my alarm unit and pressed the button and the medics arrived a short time later and treated me. Your system saved my life. Thank you.
Hi Waldron - First and foremost, we hope you are doing much better today. We are sorry to hear about your fall and injury. We are very glad you had a medical alert system, whether it was ours or another company's, we are just glad to know you got the help you needed. Please take it easy and of course, let us know if you need anything further. Take care!Best regards,
Bay Alarm Medical
The device is great. My Dad wears it on his belt. The app is problematic and multiple devices can have the app only if you use the initial app account data. So my brothers and sister will get the app and have to enter my data to get it to work. We had Great Call, but their device stopped working and they are no longer selling it. But the Great Call was AWESOME — it was easily to install on multiple devices and, most importantly, provided alerts when my dad hit the alert button. The Bay Alarm app doesn’t provide any notifications when he hits the button to get 911 help.
Hi Lee - Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate it and wanted to let you know we are working on updates to the app to better improve customer experience. As we continue to work on that, please keep in mind that in the meantime, our USA monitoring station will reach out to those on the contact list should there be any emergency situations. We thank you again for your honest feedback!Best regards,
Bay Alarm Medical
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I got this system for my mother a few months ago and it has definitely paid off! The fall detection from a recent fall she had worked really well and the response time to get help to her and the professionalism of the Bay Alarm staff was great. I do not live in the same town as my mom and now having seen the system in action, it provides me with a comfort level, that should something happen again, Bay Alarm Medical will get help to her ASAP. I did a lot of research before buying and would highly recommend this system.
Just had another wonderful experience with the customer service representative from Bay Alarm today. Bay Alarm was chosen after researching every company possible to help my family feel comfortable with my elderly father living alone without family nearby. Their system is easy to use and I chose Bay Alarm not for the service they provide at a low cost, but mostly because of how I am treated by their customer support team. Every time I have called, including today, I have been treated with patience and kindness and if the question I asked is difficult to answer, they find the answer immediately with just a brief hold. Great customer support and I highly recommend this company and kudos to all of those who work there.
Needless to say having Bay Alarm. Gave us peace of mind. Whenever, and quite often, we hit the alarm for Mom the Operator answered immediately. EMS & the NYCFire DEPT came many times. Their quick assessment saved her life! We were blessed!!!
Hi Marisa - Thank you so much for your amazing review. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with our services. We sure hope mom is feeling better and as is well. Please send her our best wishes! If there is anything more we can do for you and your family, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical
Excellent response time and knowledgeable customer service team. Very helpful with battery replacement as well as when assisting with closing this account. This system was required while I worked as a single entity in a remote location for my company, but I am retiring now.
Hi Ellen - Thank you for taking the time to review us. First and foremost, Congratulations on your retirement! We thank you for trusting in our team to be there for you in regards to your work situation. We see that you did rate us 4-stars and would love to know what we could improve on as we do strive for 5-stars. Thank you again for your feedback. Enjoy your retirement!
- 2,170,091 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I talked to a lady in accounting. Jesica was her name. She was very professional, good customer service, handled my problem in a matter of seconds with the utmost professionalism. Thank Bay Alarm Medical for hiring such good people. Jesica was the best.
Everyone that I have worked with have been very helpful and knowledgeable. Leaving me feeling very secure and safe. When I leave my house I put my GPS on and feel secure to go anywhere I want and as far as I want. GPS on and feel secure.
We were disappointed to find out that our modem was incompatible with your device and were not informed of this when we placed our order. It will now cost us $10 more per month unless our Verizon provider can install another modem that is compatible, which I’m in the process of checking now. This is delaying use of the device. Otherwise we are pleased.
Adina was most helpful in determining if there was a low battery among our equipment. She determined the problem and handled the sending of new. She told me we will continue to have enough life in the system until receipt of new. Thank you, Adina.
Cancel service. The associate was very efficient to handle this quickly. She did offer alternate services you have but I have committed to a local service. I was able to package the equipment in the original box and send out USPS today.
Bay Alarm Medical FAQ
- How do Bay Alarm Medical alert devices work?
- The Bay Alarm Medical device works reliably and efficiently in three easy steps. First, the user will encounter a problem and press the button on their mobile, in-home, wall-mounted or car emergency device. A trained emergency operator immediately accepts the call, finds your location and identifies what you need. Then, the operator will contact family members, neighbors or a trusted friend to assist you. The operator can also dispatch emergency medical attention if required.
- What is Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time?
- Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time is about 45 seconds, and most calls are answered in less than a minute.
- Does Medicare cover Bay Alarm Medical alert systems?
- No, Medicare doesn’t cover any of the emergency alert devices through Bay Alarm Medical.
- Do I have to sign a contract to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system?
- No, no long-term contracts required to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system.
- What is Bay Alarm Medical’s cancellation policy?
- Bay Alarm Medical does not charge cancellation fees as long as you return all equipment in its original packaging.
- When is Bay Alarm Medical customer service available?
- Bay Alarm Medical customer service is available by phone Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m., PST.
- Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Bay Alarm Medical monitoring service?
- No, free spouse coverage is included in Bay Alarm Medical’s packages.
- Where are Bay Alarm Medical monitoring centers located?
- All operators answering emergency calls are based in the United States. Centers are in California, Idaho and Utah.
- Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
- Yes, Bay Alarm Medical base and mobile alert systems are protected by a warranty as long as the defect or problem occurred because of normal wear and not due to abuse, misuse or neglect. If your Bay Alarm Medical device wears out or is defective, the device will be replaced at no cost to you.
- Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a free trial period?
- Yes, you can use the Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days risk-free — if you decide you don’t like the device at the end of the trial period, return it for a full refund.
- Does Bay Alarm Medical require a landline?
- Bay Alarm Medical devices don’t require a landline, though Bay Alarm Medical has systems that are compatible with a landline if you already have one. If you don’t, you can use the in-home cellular service or the GPS model.
- Are Bay Alarm Medical mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
- Bay Alarm Medical equipment is waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while taking a bath. Wall alert systems are also protected against steam and water.
- How much does Bay Alarm Medical cost per month?
- Cost of Bay Alarm Medical per month begins at $19.95 and increases according to plan level. Bay Alarm Medical monthly costs depend on the device and the service selected.
Do we recommend Bay Alarm Medical?
Yes. With 24/7 monitoring service and GPS-enabled devices, optional fall detection and additional protection plans, Bay Alarm Medical offers emergency response systems to suit many lifestyles and budgets. Bay Alarm Medical alert reviews indicate exceptional customer service and easy installation. Plus, you can try a Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days to see if its a good fit without any risk.
Bay Alarm Medical Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Bay Alarm Medical
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- Formerly Named:
- Bay Alarm Medical
- 2600 Stanwell Drive
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (888) 829-2024
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!