Call toll free
(888) 829-2024
4.47/5
Based on 376 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3150 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I am an 88-year old senior who lives in my own home alone. I have had Vertigo (constant dizziness) for 19 years now, for which there is no medical solution. But I am still in good health, have a large yard and a small garden and keep as active as I can caring for all this. When I am on top of my rock garden, weeding, it is a real comfort to be wearing my Medical Alert button. Kiyana was very kind and professional in helping me renew my subscription and get me on the automatic renewal plan. I am very pleased with your product and services.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018

Attempted to test service as I had been instructed to do. First time on Sat., July 14, I pressed button on unit near my phone. Light went on and it said "Calling for Help twice" and disconnected! I Was able to call in and after a lot of back and forth with Vanessa and then Rebecca, was able to determine that the call came in at 11:33 am. I pressed reset; they said there was glitch of some kind. The next day I was able to connect by pressing the button I wear, but again was not offered help. Finally got through with help of my visiting son. SUPPOSEDLY NOW CONNECTED CORRECTLY, BUT... IF IT HAD NOT BEEN A TEST YOU WOULD HAVE LEFT ME HIGH AND DRY. Extremely dissatisfied with service. After first disconnect someone should have called me via phone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I contacted your customer service department on two occasions and was cut off both times. The reps said to stay on the line which I did and then they were gone. I tried a third time about an hour later and got through with no problem. Bad service getting cut off.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Updated credit card information. I was very satisfied with her customer service skills. She listened to my concerns and was very polite. I was very appreciative of her verifying who I was before making any changes to my account. Overall excellent customer service. Thank you guys and keep up the excellent customer service.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We were very pleased with the service Bay Alarm provided us. My mom felt comfortable knowing she could reach someone in an emergency. She utilized the system twice while she had it. Emergency personnel were dispatched to help her right away. Thank You for your service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: June 13, 2018

When I first looked into getting a medical pendant for my Mother who suffers from congestive heart failure, I read many reviews on the different companies out there. Bay Medical came up not as the top recommended company, but somewhere in the middle. I think what attracted me the most about their product was that the price was a little cheaper than other companies. Well, you get what you pay for!

My initial interaction with this company was through their website. I ordered their equipment, it arrived in a little over a week's time. Missing from the box was what should have been an extra phone cord so you could piggy-back the dialing/speaker unit to your phone. Instead, the company provided a computer cable which was worthless for me -- and I suspect -- most other people's purposes. After a few days, I decided I did not want to be charged monthly. It would be easier to be charged quarterly. I sent the company an email, they told me to call them on a specific day to change my billing so that I would not end up getting pro-rated. On the specified day, I made my first phone call to the company and found out something rather alarming... They don't answer the phone.

During regular business hours, no matter whether you need technical support, have a billing question, or you want to make an inquiry on becoming a customer --- THERE IS NO LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Each and every time I called their customer hotline, I reached a recording telling me to leave a message. l would leave a message and end up having to play phone tag with the customer service agents. They call you back on their available time. I spent days trying to chase down an agent over the phone until I finally gave up and told them to cancel my account and arrange to return my equipment. At that point, they stopped emailing me back. They would not confirm my cancellation request. They became absolutely silent. I ended up having to contact my credit card company and have the charge removed and a block put on all future charges made to me by Bay Medical Alarm.

Then I went to the BBB website and started reading one horror story after another about how uncaring this company is when tragedies do happen. I suggest anyone thinking of dealing with this company do a check on BBB ratings. Simply Google: "Bay Medical Alarm Complaints" or "Bay Medical Alarm Better Business Bureau". I am now in the process of returning their equipment, at my own expense. They won't pay for the return. Do yourself a huge favor and spend a little more money with a more reputable company. Any company that runs a Medical Emergency Business by forcing you to communicate through voice messaging instead of a live agent does not deserve your consideration.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am so impressed with Bay Alarm Medical Alert. Everyone is so professional and courteous. When I first received the equipment, twice I hit the button by mistake and both times they were responded immediately. When they responded they could not have been nicer, asking several times if I was OK. It was so obvious that they had been very well trained. I highly recommend Bay Alarm.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We called to reset up our emergency system & the person who helped our son through the process was extremely thorough, patient & helpful. We were completely satisfied with the whole process. We appreciate the service you provide and thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Bruce - Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear about the positive experience so far and are glad to hear our representative was able to assist your son through the process. If you have any questions or feedback on how we can be a 5-star company in your eyes, please let us know! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 8, 2018

I asked for a bracelet button over a month ago. I am yet to receive it. I told the person I spoke with that I had lost my necklace button. Had I not found the one I lost there would be no way for me to let someone know if I had a problem.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Evelyn - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are reviewing your account right now and have escalated your case to ensure we assist you promptly. Someone from our Customer Care team will be in touch with you soon to further assist you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: June 1, 2018

Since I have only had my alarm for a couple of months, thankfully I have not had a need to use it yet so really can't rate it at this time. I just thought, I was very satisfied with ordering and receiving the unit. It was very easy to set up and testing. Hope these comments help. Thanks.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Priscilla - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience so far. We are glad to hear the process of ordering, setting up, and testing went smoothly. Please don't hesitate to give us a call with any questions or concerns - we are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 18, 2018

Only just connected the system yesterday, so only experience is with Customer Service, and they have been very helpful so far. Could not get someone to connect the system for 10 days since receiving it by UPS, so only complaint is that Bay Alarm Medical started charging Mom for the unit before she could get someone to set it up.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Ellen - Thank you for your review. Our billing does start the day a customer orders since we reserve a system for you and turn on monitoring immediately - I do see you were able to speak to one of our representatives who assisted you further with your billing concerns. We are happy to hear all is well. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need anything else. Again, thank you for your feedback. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 14, 2018

Bay Medical Alert was 100% dependable when my elderly mother used it. Fortunately, each of the times she used her button was a false alarm but the Bay staff called my brother or I immediately and when I called for clarification one of the times they called him, they provided meticulous detail about the call. Also, it was one of the better-priced medical alert systems.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Melissa - Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear your mom has only had false alarms and hope that she never has to use it for an emergency. We really appreciate you sharing your experience regarding the dispatch protocol. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions or concerns - We are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 7, 2018

My Dad now uses your system since March. He has not had any recent emergencies. However we have tested the device several times, had good and timely response from your associates and feel comfortable with the equipment. The system has speakers that are easy for him to hear.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Clyde - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very to glad to hear your dad has not needed to use it for an emergency. We do advise testing at least once per month, so we are glad to here everything went well. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 6, 2018

I called customer service number to assist with initial set up of system and the pairing of pendants and help buttons. Courteous helpful patient and effective service. We went from a sealed box to a fully functional system in less than 15 minutes including dictation of initial call list over the phone. Could not be more pleased.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Mark - Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you were able to call in and receive assistance in setting up your system promptly. If you need assistance with anything further, please feel free to give us a call. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 5, 2018

I've only had my device for a few months, so only one complaint so far. The WiFi device is a little bulky and heavy to wear around my neck. Wish it could be a bit slimmer. Battery life is pretty good. Great customer service, and cost is comparable if not better than other devices.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Rometta - We appreciate your feedback and have relayed it to our product developer team. It means a lot to hear from our customers in order for us to continue improving and providing products that best suit your needs. We are happy to hear that it is working well for you and our customer service team overall has been assisting you promptly. Again, we thank you for your feedback. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have been happy with my system. Have peace of mind when I go up and downstairs. Also knowing I will get help very fast when needed and also when I have had a false alarm. Sorry about that, am more careful now. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Arlene - Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you have the peace of mind you deserve and you are protected going up and down the stairs. We don't mind the false alarms! Besides, we recommend testing the system at least once a month, so those false alarms are a great indicator that things are working properly. Give us a call if you have any concerns regarding the false alarms or if you need help with testing the system - we are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 2, 2018

I'm a new subscriber of about 3 months. Within a couple of weeks of setting up my system I accidentally hit the trip button on my wristband and set off an alert. Your people responded quickly and were not disturbed by my error. I have only done a test run once since then, from a remote part of my basement while doing some laundry. I wanted to know if the system would work from there. It did and I feel even more confident and safe now that I have Bay Alarm Medical to get help for me in an emergency!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear it was only a false alarm and not a serious emergency. We are happy to hear our dispatch team responded quickly and that you were able to successfully use our system from other areas of your home. That was a good idea to test the basement! If there is anything else we can do for you, please give our Customer Service team a call. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: May 1, 2018

Nae ** stuck with it until we were finally able to get the completed customer information form to go through, through fax, and confirmed receipt/invited me to call with any further questions or issues. The problem was that my email of last week had not generated any confirmation of receipt, and the hardware arrived via UPS today.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jasper - Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our representative was about to support you in getting the information form to us. She was so happy to hear how pleased you were with her assistance. Customer feedback means a lot - our team truly appreciates it! Feel free to give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 30, 2018

My mom is 85 and a fall risk. She has the wrist band as well as the fall detection necklace. Knowing she has help at the push of a button is a great relief for me when I am at work... and am not with her. The staff has been very patient and understanding with her. She was getting ready for bed one night and took off the wrist band. A voice came over the base unit and asked if she was OK. Bay Alarm had received notice that her button had been pushed. Long story short, her cat had found the bracelet and had pushed the button. Bay Alarm Medical was very understanding. What an awesome company.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Darrell - Thank you for your review regarding your mom's account. We are are happy to hear that both you and her have peace of mind with our services. It is our pleasure assisting her anytime she needs help or has questions -we appreciate you and your family trusting in our team. Glad to hear it was only a false alarm! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 30, 2018

As I began to search for options to keep our mom at home as long as possible, I was grateful for the details, including pricing, clearly available on the Bay Alarm Medical (BAM) website. Other suppliers of similar systems would not reveal much of anything without having my contact information first... probably so they could "sell" me. Thanks to the transparency, I started the conversation with a sound understanding and simply confirmed my questions.

BAM also has an innovative solution with their HELP buttons that we mounted in key locations throughout the house. We could not depend on mom remembering to wear the pendant or wristwatch, but we wanted her to have the ability to request help if needed and this gave us a reasonable solution. Vincent was helpful initially on the phone and their overall service has been what I expected - they did what they said they would do - these days, that means a lot. We appreciate their support and the system seems to be working well. Thank you for your support!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jon - We really appreciate your honest feedback and it's great to hear from you. Our team prides itself on being transparent with our customers throughout the process and we never want anyone to buy things they don't need. We are so happy to hear Vincent was able to assist you and that you are pleased with the overall services we are providing for your mom. Your words mean a lot to us! Thank you again, Bay Alarm Medical

Resolution response: May 2, 2018

Earlier, my complaint re an earlier phone call and contact with your company rep. was invalid. I spoke with my daughter who installed the cable; she also purchased the cable locally. Sorry, but I did want to set the record correctly.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Outdoor cable for house keys - I called to ask how to disable the cable lock, not the lock box, but the cable itself. Your young lady said this was not your responsibility; only the key lock was, She could not assist me even if they were delivered together in a package from your company. She did suggest that twisting the connection may have been of value. It was not.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Mary - Thank you for your review and the update regarding your concerns. We are very glad that everything was cleared up and things are working properly now. We truly appreciate you taking the time to update your review as customer feedback means a lot to us. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if there is anything else we can assist with. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 25, 2018

On 3/16/18 I forgot to take off the call button when leaving. Unknowingly the car seat belt pressed the call button. With the garage door opening, car starting & me inside the car, I did not hear the alarm. You made every attempt to reach someone, but due to various circumstances, could not reach anyone. You even sent a squad, but I was at clinic getting blood work & had my phone off. Now we know the alarm works very well! Thank you!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Shirley - We are so glad that you were okay and it was only a false alarm. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and letting us know that things are working properly and our dispatch team assisted you promptly. If you are interested in an on-the-go medical alert device, please give us a call to see if our Mobile GPS would be a good fit for you. Again, we are glad you are okay! Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 24, 2018

We used this service for several years for our mother. For one month the system was somehow disconnected and we were not alerted to this. We received varying accounts of what occurred from different representatives. Fortunately she did not have a fall during that period. Fast forward to when we needed to cancel the service when she went into a facility. The equipment was returned in December of 2017. I followed up to make sure they had received it, which they did. Here it is April, and I have made numerous calls to the company to receive a prorated check.

I've received stories that it was on its way, that they've had computer problems and so on. When I spoke with Alex, one of the supervisors on February 23rd and was told it would take another month. I called again on April 16th and was told that Alex would call me back. CRICKETS. The ineptitude of this company amazes me. I would not recommend them to anyone. The only option they leave you with is to provide them with negative public feedback.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lisa - We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do see that our Customer Care Supervisor has assisted you promptly and made sure you were properly taken care of. We would like to take a moment and apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced. We would also like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to make things right. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any further questions. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 24, 2018

The automatic fall detection works well, and the company was very quick and polite in their response to the alarm. Thank you! On a side note, thank you for sending handsome hunks to check me out when the automatic fall detection was triggered by my countertop (I put it down too hard).

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Louise - Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that the fall detection is working well for you and you have not needed to use it for an emergency! We are also glad to see your excitement and positive outlook with the false alarm that has occurred haha. We are very glad that you were okay! Please feel free to give us a call if you have any further questions. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 24, 2018

I find that the necklace rope you use is very itchy and am allergic to it. You should use non allergic materials! This means that I cannot wear it and have to keep the necklace next to me. I’m thinking of changing companies.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jeanine - Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that our necklace is bothering your skin. It does look like a wrist button was offered but you stated you didn't want a wrist button. We understand your preferences and have taken your feedback to our product development team. One thing we always recommend to customers with more sensitive skin is to replace the lanyard string with a gold chain or material more suitable for your skin. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to give us a call - we are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 23, 2018

Haven't had any issues, apparently pushed button by mistake and was contacted immediately, which was a great comfort. Haven't filled out paperwork yet as I'm still trying to decide about where to hide a key. Given the cost and your immediate response would definitely recommend. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Amy - Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear everything is working well. Yes, please be sure to return the Emergency Contact Form so we can keep your preferred emergency protocol and key location in our records. Without it, we won't be able to communicate with your local EMS. We do have a Lock Box available that you can place your key in and keep it protected with a code. Please give us a call if this is something you might be interested in. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 23, 2018

Because the equipment is now a fixture in my kitchen, I have come to check-in about once a month, just to make sure it is working properly. I have a new habit - when my husband leaves the house either to drive a distance away or just to work in the garden, I put on the "necklace" and wear it until he comes back into the house. I feel comfortable wearing it and know that if I need it, I have it on. Thank you Bay Alarm.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Marguerite - We are glad to know you are testing your system at least once a month as we do advise customers to do so. Of course we would like for you to wear your button at all times as you can never plan for an emergency, but we understand everyone's comfort is different and when your husband is home, he can assist you if anything were to occur. Keep your habit up and don't forget to put your button on! Again, we really appreciate your review and we were happy to hear from you. Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 22, 2018

Bay Alarm is hands down the best in the life alarm industry. Ingrid would be asset to any company. The ultimate professional in my humble opinion. Yes I would unequivocally recommend Bay Alarm to friends and family. Continue leading your industry. Thank you much.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Gordie! Thank you for your awesome review. Ingrid was so happy to hear from you and your kind words really made our day. We truly appreciate your recommendation. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 22, 2018

All reps answered quickly and were professional and helpful. I felt that they were very concerned with my mother’s safety and made me feel confident in her protection. I would Recommend Bay Alarm based on my initial contact with them.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Elizabeth - Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy to know that our representatives were able to assist you with all your questions and concerns. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need anything else - we are happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 21, 2018

My siblings and I purchased the button for our mom and she's had it for approximately 3-4 months. We've not had anything happen, so I can't really speak to this except to say I know it gives her peace of mind and myself. So far everything has been great.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Judi - Thank you for your review. We are very happy that your mom has not needed it for an emergency and we hope she never does! We are glad that everything is working well. Please remember to test her system at least once a month by pushing her button, and once the dispatcher comes over the base unit speaker, she can kindly let them know she is just testing. Please give us a call if she needs assistance with testing - we're happy to help! Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Bay Alarm Medical expert review by Shelley Webb

Sixty years in the business of protecting families has given Bay Alarm Medical critical insight into the needs of their customers. As a result, the company has won multiple awards for best provider in the medical alert system category.

• They offer a free trial period: Customers can try the service for 14 days before making a decision. As long as everything is returned within the trial period, customers will get a full refund.

• Their free spouse coverage may be a bonus: Essentially, Bay Alarm Medical offers a buy one, get one free special. Customers who sign up can include their spouses free.

• Pricing: Bay Alarm Medical offers deep discounts when service is paid in a single annual installment.

• There are equipment costs: Many companies offer medical alert system equipment free with the installation, but this provider has a one-time device fee, depending on the level of service chosen.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information