It's that easy Request Information
4.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Bay Alarm Medical Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3271 Bay Alarm Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Originally contacted them 2 years ago to get a medical alert bracelet for my aunt who was going to be home for a weekend alone. They were super nice and friendly. The cost of the service is very reasonable. My aunt fell down this week and they had an ambulance there in almost no time. I am impressed. Thank you Bay Alarm.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello - First and foremost, we are so sorry to hear about your aunt's fall this past week. We are glad to hear she was able to push her button and get help right away from our dispatch center and her local EMTs. Please give her our best wishes - we hope she is doing well. We truly appreciate your kind review and for sharing your experience with us over the past two years as well as the recent incident. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is anything we can do for your aunt. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When PG&E cut power to my area with inadequate notice, I was left without power to the Bay Alarm device. I received a call a few days later responding to my telephone call advising Bay Alarm of that fact and asking that they not call me in the middle of the night because they were seeing that my device was not working. They complied with my request, and the callback was a followup. I was completely satisfied with the way they responded. My one suggestion to them is that they identify themselves on Caller ID rather than just showing that they are a Toll Free Call, as many folks (including me) don't pick up the phone unless they know who's calling.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

After reviewing all kinds of products & companies, Bay Alarm was selected. The many questions that our family had were ALL answered professionally and kindly by 'Casey'. We kept Casey's phone number and ordered you product. Shipment (standard) came much quicker than expected. Set up with Casey's help was very easy. A few 'tests' were conducted with Casey on my cell phone. All is well. I want to commend Casey for ALL of her time she spent with me and my family members. She, along with other reps that I called, are very well trained representatives. The internet reviews also state your service is Top Notch. Again, thank you to Casey are your entire group. Take Care & Enjoy Life.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Jean - Thank you for your kind review. We have passed your message to our representative and she was so happy to hear from you. We are so happy to hear she was able to assist you and ensure that your system is working properly. Please do not ever hesitate to give us a call with any other questions or concerns, we'd love to help you! Again, thank you for your feedback. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: July 30, 2018

I chose Bay Alarm Medical to provide for in-home medical alert primarily for my wife who has had heart problems and I don't like being away for long with her alone. The base system works great, but I also got the mobile GPS button for the times she is out and about by herself. The beauty of that device is that it connects by means of cell phone service to the call center but also provides them with your exact location through GPS tracking. We have often tested that feature while traveling and the system never fails to pinpoint our exact location -- to the house number where we may be or the hotel in which we are staying. You speak to the monitor center through the device and even if you are away from home and unsure of your location, they can find you. The folks at Bay Alarm Medical have been extremely helpful and courteous every time we have had contact with them. Their service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Appears to work as promised. I was outside mowing the yard and suddenly an ambulance shows up. Apparently, I accidentally pressed the emergency button. Since I was outside, I did not receive the verification call. The EMTs were very understanding and said it happens quite often. My emergency contacts were also contacted. So far, I am very pleased with the service.

Bay Alarm Medical response

HI Larry - Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear everything is working properly and you are safe! It does appear our dispatcher tried to reach you but due to you being outside, they couldn't hear you and sent help as they would in an emergency to be safe. Again, we are so glad you are okay and it was a false alarm. We always recommend customers to test the system at least once a month but pushing the button, once the dispatcher comes over the main system they will check to see if you need help, from there - kindly let them know you are just testing. Give our Tech Support team a call if you would like us to walk you through the test. We're happy to help! Best regards, Bay Alarm Medical

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: May 8, 2019

Was working in yard and alarm was triggered. I'm sure I did not push the button, but battery almost five years old, so talked to nice CSR and ordered a new button. Mail, just this minute arrived and new button included. Was sorry to bother EMT's and my contact people, but really, really glad the system works. Keep up good work, you are super to deal with.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Fall detection was tested numerous times with negative results. We intentionally dropped the unit on the carpet, then the laminate flooring and couldn't get the unit to indicate a fall. Agent is sending a new button. Very pleased with assistance given.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

I was terribly disappointed with Bay Alarm Medical. My device was not shipped to the address that I specifically requested. I called the company and it took 2 1/2 days to have customer service return my calls. I was told "it was probably due to high volume." This was inexcusable in a "life supporting" company. Now, having cancelled, due to their sloppiness, they expect me to pay for shipping back. Just terrible!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hello Andrea - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are terribly sorry for the experience you had as it does not hold up to our standards. We are taking the necessary steps on our team to ensure we improve our processes and training. This weighs heavy on us and again, we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration. If you find yourself still needing the device and would consider us again, we can ensure a more positive and proper experience for you. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 22, 2019

Life line fall detection not working consistently - The technician was very helpful, patient, pleasant, and competent. I believe my problem was solved. Having fallen several times with no alarm and no way to contact anyone was very frightening. After lying on the floor for 2 & 1/2. Hours, someone came to my rescue but this is what I am paying your service for. Let's hope the replacement button works properly. Again, your technician was EXCELLENT. Let's do the same for the system.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Agent was courteous, professional & efficient. Email was sent, I called and everything was taken care of in under 2 minutes. The transaction was smooth & seamless. Bay Alarm has been an excellent choice for my family. Thank you so much.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My first occasion to use your billing service. Your representative was knowledgeable and professional. She understood the situation (change of billing data) and resolved the issue with efficiency. It only took one phone call and one transfer to reach your representative. Thank you.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Our experience thus far with Bay Alarm has been quite positive. My spouse inadvertently caused his wrist alarm to go off while on the property. Ultimately when he arrived in the house the phone had been ringing with no response from him. Needless to say, within minutes we had two police officers at the door to check on him and to make sure he was OK. Again, Bay Alarm has not disappointed our family!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Good customer support and easy to use, all of my concerns were answered. The price seems standard for industry. Would like to see gps system's price come down. Insurance on main unit should be less and one time fee. Overall happy with unit.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Julia is amazing, she helped me with all of my questions and answered them in a timely manner! With her help, I went ahead and purchased the on-the-go option for my grandmother! Now I can breathe easier knowing she will get instant help because I am hundreds of miles away!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was very happy with the lady that corrected my new card information. She was easy to talk to and efficient. The staff was direct and helpful. I have had Bay Alarm for two years now and it is a very good co.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lila - Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your credit card update. We would also like to thank you for being a loyal part of the Bay Alarm Medical family and for trusting in our team. All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 9, 2019

My father has used Bay Alarm for many years, paid $225 annually plus, and is now in assisted living and doesn't need it anymore. Tried to cancel, woman on phone was nice & told us just to send an email but now we have just rec'd a letter saying we need to send in old equipment or pay $295. Equipment is old and obsolete. I really feel Bay Alarm is being greedy and gouging the elderly.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Anne - Thank you for your review. We see that this case has already been resolved with our team and we are so happy to hear everything was cleared up. We apologize for the miscommunication and any frustration you experienced. Thanks for giving us a chance to make things right! All the best, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 1, 2019

We researched and decided that this was the company for my mother. Everyone we spoke to were so nice, helpful and professional. Unfortunately, the device was not able to pick up the AT&T cell tower and it would not work inside my mother’s house. It worked across the street! Thank you anyway. I’m sorry to not be able to use your system.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I received my equipment and then separately received instructions for the installation. I had one question, called the # provided in the instructions and 10 minutes later was set up and ready to go. The responders on the initial phone call and during the test were very clear with their instructions and professional.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The man gave me good instructions how to shut it off so I could go back to Indiana. Very professional but friendly. I don’t understand which way is the highest on your stars, but that’s what I would give him. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Shirley - Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear you were able to receive help during your call. It means a lot to hear from you and we appreciate the 5-stars! If there is anything more we can do to assist you, please give us a call and we'd be happy to help. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 20, 2019

Needless to say having Bay Alarm. Gave us peace of mind. Whenever, and quite often, we hit the alarm for Mom the Operator answered immediately. EMS & the NYCFire DEPT came many times. Their quick assessment saved her life! We were blessed!!!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Marisa - Thank you so much for your amazing review. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with our services. We sure hope mom is feeling better and as is well. Please send her our best wishes! If there is anything more we can do for you and your family, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you, Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 6, 2019

The Customer Service staff has been pleasant and helpful getting things set up correctly. The alarm personnel have been responsive when testing the unit to make sure it is working properly. I hope to never have an emergency, but feel like this would help.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Excellent response time and knowledgeable customer service team. Very helpful with battery replacement as well as when assisting with closing this account. This system was required while I worked as a single entity in a remote location for my company, but I am retiring now.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Ellen - Thank you for taking the time to review us. First and foremost, Congratulations on your retirement! We thank you for trusting in our team to be there for you in regards to your work situation. We see that you did rate us 4-stars and would love to know what we could improve on as we do strive for 5-stars. Thank you again for your feedback. Enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I placed this order and paid an extra $30 for expedited shipping. It arrived at my parents home in Houston, TX on 2/20 and I arrived a day later and hooked up the unit. During the testing of the unit it only said "Calling for help" and then it did nothing. I called customer service and had to leave a message. No one ever returned my call.

I have now returned to NY and had my boyfriend call for assistance today. The automated system wasn't working, then the first rep couldn't hear him at all and he had to call a second time. Finally, someone named Vanessa said she would have someone call my parent's house and speak to my mother. We requested someone who speaks Vietnamese call her, if possible, as I was told when I signed up for service you have staff who speaks many languages. Soon after Vanessa called and said they have no one that speaks Vietnamese.

My boyfriend said that's fine because my mother can speak English too. He said to please call her (Boi **) and test the unit and he asked someone to call me (Thao **) afterward, to let me know if the issue is resolved or if we have to return the unit. Vanessa said she would do so. I have now spoken with my mother several times throughout the day and no one has called the house, nor called me. I was billed $53 for this service and $30 for expedited shipping ten days ago and we do not have operational service! My father is very ill and very weak. Both of my parents are elderly. I need the service for them and feel I should be credited for at least 1 week where this service has not been working! I want this issue resolved or this unit will be sent back, service will be cancelled and I will expect a complete refund.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Thao - Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We have escalated your case and are currently looking into all the calls and notes to better assist you. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and frustration your family has experienced so far, as it does not reflect our standards. As we work on this case, our team is going to figure out the best solution in regards to billing as well as ensuring we get things set up for mom safely and properly. In the meantime, we are happy to refund the $30 expedited shipping fee. Again, we are truly sorry for your experience and have made sure to use this as a training opportunity. We will be reaching out shortly. Talk to you soon.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Victoria was exceptional. She provided stellar service, was knowledgeable, patient and efficient. She followed up with me in a few days after our initial conversation and because of her dedicated attention and process, she gained my trust and was able to obtain my commitment to purchasing the product. Her sales, service and client skills are exemplary and should be recognized. Thank you for making this easy did my Victoria. During this difficult time with my mom and her health concerns you provided us with a solution and made it easy for us. Thank you!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We both received phone calls two nights in a row on our cell phones that we had a low battery problem with our alarm system. We checked the console and it seemed to be fine. I called in today and talked to a technician and she found the problem immediately. Said the problem was a low battery in my necklace and she would exchange it for a new one. She solved the problem quickly and efficiently! Thank you Bay Medical for having such knowledgeable staff to solve your customers problems!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Patricia - Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you called in to double check on the possible issue and that our representative was able to assist you promptly. If you ever have any questions or concerns please give us a call and we'd be happy to help. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I responded to a form letter sent to my Mom, Donna **, about a monitoring issue. I did receive an email prior to the letter but it looked suspicious because it said that Bay Alarm was unable to get in touch with our “phone tree”. If that had not been in the email I wouldn’t have been so suspicious. My Mom and I are retired and home constantly and we are the first two on the list.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Due to crazy weather had 14 inches of snow yesterday, which caused a power outage for around an hour. Today received email asking me to call you. Requested to test my equipment to see if functional. Did as requested and system now operable. Quite impressed with your service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Called Bay Medical for some phone numbers changes to my mother's account. The agent on the phone was courteous and professional. I was able to make a 3 phone number changes and the agent also recommended to me a few very important tips about how listing too many people will affect the last call to 911. I made changes to the list based off the conversation. Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

BAY ALARM offered my 89 year old mom a decent bargain for a medical alert system; which on one occasion saved her life; due to the speed and efficiency of their staff. The equipment was easy to connect, and worked well, even with my mom's poor hearing.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Mark - Thank you for your feedback regarding mom's experience. We are sorry to hear there was an emergency, but we are glad to know she was able to get help right away! Please give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you and mom. Again,we appreciate hearing from you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Fazilat was courteous, professional, and very helpful in helping to renew the medical alert service. Bay Alarm Medical has been consistently helpful when assistance was required and during times of account renewal. It is an easy choice to recommend Bay Alarm Medical to others with a similar need.

Bay Alarm Medical expert review by Shelley Webb

Protect your health and independence for as low as $19.95–$59.95/month. 24/7 emergency operators contact family, friends, neighbors and your local 911 emergency services in the case of an emergency.

• Multiple call centers: 24/7 emergency call centers in three separate geographic locations guarantee reliable service and immediate emergency coverage.

• Nationwide coverage: Service is available in every U.S. state, including Alaska and Hawaii.

• Multilingual: Call centers support over 170 languages to communicate with all clients in a language they’re comfortable with.

• 30-day trial: Try the system risk-free for 30 days. If you’re not happy, return it for a full refund.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information