4.61/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Medical Alert

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Medical Alert systems deliver access to emergency help whenever and wherever you are. You’re able to wear your alert bracelet or pendant at all times. If help is needed, push the button and you'll be connected immediately to one of their operators. They’ll make sure you get the assistance you need and stay in contact until help arrives. With Medical Alert, you’ll be able to enjoy your independence by choosing a product that works best with your lifestyle.

If you’re in an emergency situation, help is only a push of a button away.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

244 Medical Alert Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I’m alone but I’m all taken care of. I’ve got Medical Alert right here in my walker and it’s working all right. I know I have it, everything’s okay and I would recommend it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I've been sick a few times and I’ve had a couple of falls so I decided to get a Medical Alert. But everything’s all right. I carry a cellphone with me all the time and all I do is call 911, but this thing is good to have also. I would recommend it to anybody who’s interested in it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I climbed up on a chair and my foot slipped and I hit the floor. That's why my daughter wanted the Medical Alert for me. I have it on my neck everyday and I feel a little more independent. It has gone off accidentally when we forgot to charge it up and they called us. They asked if things were okay. They also called immediately when I needed them at that time when I was trying to get to the hot tub. They covered me up and asked if I'm all right. The rep came back and sat with me for a while because I was sliding all around in the bed. He told me to sit back because hitting the bumps made me slide. He held me until we got to the hospital. They were really nice to me and I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I like my Medical Alert and I think it’s great. I have the alert system on my front door and I also wear the button around my neck but I have to take it off at night. My mother had one too and she had it through the hospital but I didn’t like them. I'm so dizzy and I'm not steady on my feet that’s why I have Medical Alert. I've fallen twice. The first time I used the emergency button was when I lay on the hallway and I could not get up. The Medical Alert team said they'd send help out. I also pushed the button the other day because my sister is here from Missouri and she's gonna stay here with me, and I can’t take care of her because I'm so dizzy and they’re very, very pleasant and they answer right away.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I've moved to a good home but we have the Medical Alert because we like to have the radio on at night and that bothers the intercom system here. I wear it around my neck and I like it fine. It gets tangled but I can pull it over my head. I haven’t had to use it though but my caretaker always updates it every month and makes sure that it’s okay, and their reps were very good. My experience with Medical Alert has been well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Alert?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Medical Alert puts my family at ease. It would put me at ease too if I had one that I could depend on and that I have to wear around my neck. I stopped using Medical Alert at one point because I don’t like the size of the wristband. I tried to use the necklace but it didn’t suit me at all. It drives me nuts. Nevertheless, the experience has been satisfactory and I'd recommend it to a friend. I've been happy with it though sometimes I feel like it's an expense I could do without, but I better not.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We've been pretty happy with Medical Alert. I keep it handy and it's right beside my bed. It gives me confidence. Thank goodness we haven't had to use it but I feel comfortable having it. If I need it, it's there.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I've had a time or two when I used my Medical Alert and I'm comfortable with it as I'm living alone.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have Medical Alert and I use it as I live alone. So far, it's been okay.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I live alone for years. And this is a wake-up call to the fact that I am older and more possible to fall so, I'm just taking a forward step to take care of me. This year, 2017, I finally made up my mind to take advantage of having Medical Alert But I haven't had to use it. Nothing has happened to me, where I'd have to push the button.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

With my Medical Alert I can get around pretty good. It helps. It's on your mind that it's there. Although, you've got to remember you put it on so you don't push against it. And that's the trouble. You can push on it real easy without even knowing it, squash it on something. But I don't think I really want it anymore is that neck piece that goes off just by dropping it or if you fall without pushing the button if you wear that. A couple of times it went off. I laid it down maybe too hard or something. It's too sensitive for an active person. That would be good for a person who is tied down and could fall over really easy. But for me, it's no good because I don't use it anymore. I lay it on the side and use the original one. It's too sensitive. But if I ever needed it, I'm sure it'd help. But I'm way away from the house right now and it won't do me good. Around the house, it'd be okay.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I used Medical Alert about three times for my wife and the team at Medical Alert treated me alright. They were great the last time and I was satisfied. I felt good about their emergency response service. However, I don’t use the button that they sent me and they’re charging me $10 for it. I don’t wear it because I took it off one time and put it on the table and the alarm went off. I caught it that time. Then I was in the garage and I bend over a lot, working, and the fire department came. I checked the button and the light wasn’t flashing but they said they got an emergency call from here.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We’re very happy with Medical Alert. Thank God we haven’t needed it, but so far, so good. Everything is copacetic. Their reps have been extremely helpful. With my father having Medical Alert, I’m a lot less worried. We had to bring him into the hospital and now he’s in rehab, so he’s gotten some physical therapy. He’s also stronger and we’ve got the thumbs up from his physical therapist that he’ll be okay to be alone, but Medical Alert is an added layer of protection. We’ve wanted to do this for a long time but he’s been resistant.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had an episode in the middle of the night where I evidently passed out and pushed the button, and the EMTs were here within 10 mins. My kids are less worried since I got Medical Alert. It works.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I feel good about Medical Alert and I'm glad that my daughter decided to get it for me. I both have a necklace and a wristband, and it's an inconvenience only because I'm wearing something that I'm not used to. Then when I leave, those are only good for a certain footage away. And so, when I go away from home, I have the pocket type that I stick in a pocket or a purse. Medical Alert's service has been wonderful and I appreciate it. When my daughter had to call concerning the wristband breaking in half, they were very good about replacing it. They’ve been very good.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I went to walk out to meet a car to go grocery shopping and my pacemaker went off on me when I was trying to cross the creek. Since using Medical Alert, I don’t worry about being out there anymore because I know that people will come and I can get a hold of them. The Medical Alert team responds very quickly when the machine goes off. I haven’t needed them but when the cat set it off and I didn’t know, they came. It's been an excellent experience with them. They give me relief and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I just purchased it my Medical Alert device and I've been wearing it. It makes me feel safe and it's convenient. I recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

On Sunday, September 17, 2017, my mother suffered a stroke. Thankfully we were with her. We pushed the Medical Alert Button and nobody came on! The base kept saying, EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! Yet nobody came on to help us. My husband called 9-11 and they came out. She rushed to the hospital by ambulance with sirens going. When she got out of the hospital three days later, we tested her necklace and somebody came on. When we told them about our experience the dispatcher answer was, "Well... it's working now!" What if she had been alone? I am very disappointed with the service!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I'll be 98 so I feel as if I need some protection and where I live, I have some available help right away if I need it, but I live alone and I keep my own apartment. I have three daughters but none of them live within miles of where I do. They were concerned about me and also insisted I have something. I decided it was worth what I was paying a month to get a system up so that I would not be in my house without help. I've had Medical Alert for some years now and I hadn't any need to use it but I am very confident with it.

Occasionally, if I have a reason to go out in the evening, I make sure I carry either the one around my neck or the one on my wrist. Somebody might not see any of my calls. My daughters are happy that I have it, and I'm very satisfied with the one that I have. It gives me a sense of security and my experience has been very good overall.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I signed up with Medical Alert and paid them the whole year in advance. The Medical Alert system hasn’t been bad and their team has been all right so far. I wanted to wear it on my wrist and I couldn’t really get that button in place so I put it in my bra. The alert buttons are okay and I'm glad to have Medical Alert in case of an emergency.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My daughter signed me up with Medical Alert so that I’d be safe and to be sure that I have somebody to fall back on when she's not here. And it’s been awesome. I wear it around my neck and I feel comfortable with it because I can hide it underneath my blouse. It makes me secure at what I do and I can depend on it. No matter if I go in the backyard or take a bath, I know if anything happens, I can just press my button. I set it off accidentally when I held a six pack of Coke against my chest and it pushed the button. The team contacted me right away and I told them the mistake I did. I haven't had any reason to call them but knowing I have it, I'm happy.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I’m almost 93 and my doctor insisted me to have an alert device in case I got dizzy. She and my children wanted to make sure that I have an alert system with me since I live alone. I purchased an alert device. I also got one medallion from Medical Alert for falling and had that tested a couple of days ago. I’ve had a couple of experiences where I happened to bump it and activated it right away. I told them it was an accident and that’s my biggest concern. Other than that I'm satisfied with Medical Alert. I put the alert device on at night since I have to get up and down a couple of times to the bathroom. I only wear the medallion during the day because that’s when I do more things. There is a bit of security knowing that I have Medical Alert and I have an alert system at the door so that if something should happen they can make access to the home in case I have an emergency.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I live by myself and then, last July, I fell and broke my hip. I had my cell phone and called my daughter and her husband to come and help me. They took me to the hospital and I had surgery the next morning. I’ve been through rehab and came home. My daughter got the Medical Alert that would protect me if I fall. A time or two, Medical Alert called and said that I accidentally set it off. But I usually wear it around my neck and just tuck it on the inside of my blouse so it won’t be able to bump against something when I'm working in the house. The instructions said that it wouldn’t go off like that, so we returned it. But I've been pleased with it.

I've had it for about a year now. It's easy to wear and I can bathe and sleep with it. I have the base that's plugged into the electricity and if I have to need it and push the button, it would pick on the base and send in that message. With Medical Alert, I can get out in the yard if I decide to walk around and if I fall, I can still call them. It only reaches a short distance from the base, but I don't get out by myself that much anyway anymore. I'd recommend Medical Alert to anybody that lives alone and to anybody at my age of 91.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Since using the Medical Alert, I haven't fallen down and that’s a good thing, but I'm more confident, too, that if I do fall, there will be somebody there to help me ASAP. I had a couple of fall downs in which one I fell in my utility room and nobody knew it. I was doing laundry and I tripped over something. I have Meniere’s and I don’t have very good balance. I knocked myself out, so I lied on the floor for about 45 minutes.

Then another time, I was on my way to my regional radiology center. In walking around my vehicle to go to the other side, I tripped over the curb and fell, and scratched up my leg and my arm. I had to holler for help. Nothing was broken but I looked like I've been in a war zone. That’s when I decided, “Okay. I need one of those systems.” I wear the Medical Alert necklace most of the time and once a month, I check my system. It's comfortable and I put it underneath my shirt. At night, I take the necklace off because I've had a couple of times where I slept with it and I set it off. But I can wear it in the shower. I also have a bracelet that I can wear. I'm very glad to have Medical Alert.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I'm 76, I live on my own since my husband died and I fell so I decided I needed Medical Alert. When I got it, the button was very temperamental. When it's on my body, I only have to lean against something and it will set off. So I sent away for a new button. When the new one arrived, I also got a card saying that I could have the mobile alert for when I am on the road. So I asked Medical Alert about it then sent for it. It came then I asked my son to come over from work and have a look at it. He said that was a bit silly for me to order but I told him that sometimes I have to go out on my own so I needed it. But he said I don't do that very often. When he opened the box, he took two bits out, looked at it, read the papers and we decided I didn't need it.

In the meantime, Medical Alert sent a bill through for the mobile one which said I owed $500. They didn't tell me it was a separate unit. I was already paying $300 for the first one and I can't afford two of them like that. I also assumed that the units were from the same people and that the mobile alert just went with the other one. I planned on sending them back the mobile alert but my son went offshore after that then I got sick so I couldn't do anything about it. When I finally got well enough to sort all of my businesses out, Medical Alert sent a message saying that I hadn't paid the bill. I told them that I was sending the mobile alert back since I didn't need it. Not only that, I got an oxygen machine fixed up and all my electrics and most of my plugs are being used. So I didn't have another plug I can plug it into and I didn't want to have another extension cord on the floor. But they called again and said I needed to pay the bill.

Finally yesterday, I got on my own, took it to the post office and sent it away. They're supposed to get it sometime today or tomorrow. But they still phoned me up and said that I had the band all that while so they were going to have to charge me two months' pay. I told them I will send them a check for that but when I asked how much it cost, they said they will take it out on my credit card. Now, I don't know if they had taken it out of my credit card or how much it was. But I was very upset by all that because I never used the mobile alert, plus I told them I was sick and on my own for about a month which was the reason why I didn't send it back immediately. But the people who run that mobile department didn't seem to be bothered by that. They've got no feelings and all they were worried about was getting two more months pay out of me.

As for the first device I got which is the indoor one, the only time I've had to press the button was when I set it off accidentally. Then one time, I felt so sick that I had to go to the hospital. I couldn't get anybody to take me and it's late in the night time. Medical Alert sent a big man came around and he helped me. It took a long while before he came but it wasn't his fault. It's because I live out in the boonies. They also got in touch with my daughter-in-law and she came to the hospital. So I'm quite satisfied with that device and I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I would fall backward, forwards, and on my sides every now and then so I’m glad I have Medical Alert. The first person didn’t set it up right. The second person came over and made sure it was working so, I was happy with him. The alert button is in my bathrobe pocket which I usually wear all the time. I don’t have any complaints with Medical Alert.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Carol's got bad knees and is hard to walk. She was afraid that she might fall someday. If I was not around, she could be in trouble and she wanted some extra protection. She wears the Medical Alert device most of the time. I have to leave for an extended period of time, but if anything happens, she can hit the button.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I had a stroke then my kidney shutdown in my kidney dialysis, so I got Medical Alert. When my husband and roommate are gone, I put the device on. Otherwise, I don't put it on all day. But their reps are great. When the battery gets low, they call and let me know that it's not working right. One time, I kept seeing a little red light every now and then on my bracelet. Then Medical Alert's team called and helped me out. They talked me through how to get a new one and get rid of my old one. So they were pretty good with the step by step instructions.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I'm 91 years old and I have a balance problem. I wear Medical Alert all day when I'm home and I feel safer. The Medical Alert reps check on me every now and then. I go on about my business the way I've always done and I take the device off when I shower or when I go out. Months ago, I fell on my way out of my driveway. I was all the way out to the curb and I had the medical alert device on, but I didn't use it because I didn't think it worked outside. When my daughter arrived, she grabbed it, came in, tried to use it, and it worked. She was mad at me because I didn't use it.

About a month ago, Medical Alert sent me a new device, which is thicker. I wore it and in two days, it went off twice. At one time, it was sitting on the counter. I went back to my old one, but I need to test it to see if it's still good and if not, I need to start wearing the new one. The Medical Alert reps check on me every now and then. Overall, my experience has been very satisfactory and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

When my parents first wanted Medical Alert, they got it and it’s been all right since they’ve had it. My mother carries her button around with her all the time. They had to use it a couple of times before and the Medical Alert personnel responded quickly and have been professionals. The service has been great and the only thing I do is call once in a while to check the system.

Medical Alert Company Information