Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.47/5
Visit Website

As the nation’s largest independent provider of medical alert systems, Medical Alert is trusted by hundreds of thousands of families, hospitals and healthcare organizations throughout the country–and with good reason.

Medical Alert provides comprehensive at-home and on-the-go medical alert systems to keep you safe and independent while living in your own home and community. Their lightweight, waterproof medical alert systems provide 24/7 monitoring and access to emergency response at the push of a button. Equipment comes at no charge with no activation fees or long-term contracts. Each system is available with Automatic Fall Detection, which senses a fall and connects you to an operator even if you can’t push your button.

Enjoy the independence you love and the security you need knowing that help is always just a button push away. Medical Alert delivers ultimate peace of mind at the best value with extremely affordable prices, unmatched customer service, a clean and transparent shopping experience, and immediate emergency response anytime, anywhere.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Medical Alert has a range of alert devices and a helpful caregiver app. Costs increase as services are added, but annual payment plans include perks like free shipping and a lockbox discounted service.

PROS

• Multilingual operators
  • GPS technology and fall detection
  • Wide selection of medical alert systems

CONS

• Additional cost for extra services

Top Medical Alert Reviews

I wear my Medical Alert all the time and I don't have any problem. I was 82 when I got it. I’m 86 now, and I live alone... I call in and check it every month and their staff has been very cooperative. They are knowledgeable and very kind. I would recommend it highly. I do all the time.

I've had a very good experience with Medical Alert. The other day, I fell and I had to use my button and called… It was wonderful knowing that somebody was checking up on me and making sure I was okay during that period of 5 or 10 minutes before the paramedics came. I felt very safe.

What is Medical Alert?

Older adults or individuals with medical issues can continue living independently with the help of mobile and home Medical Alert systems. It only takes one button to notify emergency response or family members for assistance; plus, Medical Alert buttons are lightweight and waterproof, allowing you to wear it comfortably in the shower.

By wearing the Medical Alert pendant or wristband, you can summon help during any crisis or medical emergency. Fall detection technology triggers an automatic connection with an emergency operator even if you’re unable to push the Medical Alert button.

Medical Alert systems

Medical Alert products and services are available for in-home and on-the-go use. GPS technology enables operators to know precisely where you’re calling. With a landline, set up is as simple as plugging in the Medical Alert device into the phone cord, while cellular options are also available.

At Home Landline Medical Alert system
The At Home Landline Medical Alert system includes a stationary base which plugs into a wall and attaches to a landline phone cord. A waterproof button can be worn and pressed for immediate help and two-way communication. Operators will answer the call and send the necessary support.
  • Monthly prices start at $22.95 with a discount if you pay annually or semi-annually. The annual price includes free shipping, an extra neck button and a complimentary lockbox.
At Home Wireless Medical Alert system
The At Home Wireless Medical Alert system does not require a landline and provides wireless communication from the home to emergency operators who can dispatch help. The base unit can be used anywhere in the house and has an emergency button. There’s also a help button you can wear around your neck or on your wrist.
  • Monthly prices begin at $32.95, and you’ll receive a discount and extra features if you pay semi-annually or annually. With an annual payment, free shipping is included, as well as a lockbox and an extra button.
Mobile Medical Alert system
The Mobile Medical Alert system allows you to wear your emergency button on your neck or an alert band, and you can switch back and forth according to what you’re doing and what feels most comfortable. GPS technology enables emergency operators to know exactly where you are when you press your button.
  • New customers and annual payment plan customers will receive automatic fall detection as well. Payment plans are $37.95 per month, $34.95 semi-annually and $32.04 annually. A carrying case is included.

Compare Medical Alert systems

All Medical Alert At Home systems come with the option to add automatic fall detection for an additional $10 per month. With the Mobile Medical Alert system, fall detection is included with an annual payment plan.

At Home LandlineAt Home WirelessMobile
At Home Landline$22.95$18.95
At Home Wireless$32.95$27.45
Mobile$37.95$32.04

About Medical Alert monitoring center

The Medical Alert monitoring center is staffed by highly trained, multilingual operators who answer calls quickly to determine the best course of action, whether its dispatching emergency services or calling an approved emergency contact. Translation services are available in 140 languages, ensuring callers are understood when they need help. Operators are on staff 24/7, including holidays. They will continue talking to you until help arrives, and can instantly contact a family member or caregiver. Regardless of the situation, you’ll speak to someone kind, caring and responsive.

Medical Alert caregiver tools

With the innovative 365Access Caregiver App, it’s easy for family members, neighbors or close friends to keep in touch with you and monitor your health and safety. Instead of waiting for you to call with an emergency, the Medical Alert app gives your caregivers the ability to know where you are and what your status is at all times.

By downloading this app right to their phones, your family members and caregivers can monitor your location and communicate with you. They can also set up notifications and set preferences for specific information to be shared. Caregivers can be proactive in learning where you are and how you’re doing and the entire group can stay in touch and notify one another if help is needed.

Additional Medical Alert equipment

Medical Alert offers additional equipment to complement either home or mobile emergency response systems.

Mobile Elite

Mobile Elite costs $37.95 per month, but discounts are available with annual and semi-annual payment plans.

The MobileElite Mobile Medical Alert system is perfect for people who are often running errands or doing things outside the house. It’s an emergency button that travels with you, and it can be worn on your wrist or around your neck. The Medical Alert wristband looks like a watch — it’s a lightweight and waterproof help button worn around your wrist that can also convert into a neck pendant.

Mobile365

Mobile365 costs $10 per month in addition to your plan.

Mobile365 is the automatic fall detection technology that triggers a call to the operator if the system notices you have fallen, even if you’re unable to push the help button. You can speak directly into the device, and it’s waterproof with a 24-hour battery life. The Medical Alert Mobile365 is an excellent idea for people who travel outside of the home frequently.

Medical Alert Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I needed a medical alert system and I ordered one through Medical Alert. I was in the garage and I had the door open. It was raining, and I couldn’t get up. I was cleaning my deep freeze out there and I kind of slipped. I thought, “I’m gonna fall. I might as well sit down and I can get up,” and I couldn’t get up at all. I was on the other side of the garage, and I crawled to the door of the garage to see if I can lift myself up by holding on to the retracts and I couldn’t. I crawled over to the porch and I couldn’t do anything on the porch, and I was getting wet. Finally, with all the effort I had, I held on to everything, and it took me an hour to get in the house. And I thought, “Well, listen, lady. You’re 95. You better get one.” I feel safer and a little more secure ever since they plugged my system in. I’ve been happy as a lark.

Medical Alert called me and wanted me to change over to another system where if I fell down and will be unconscious, it will be better. But it was a larger unit. Also, it wasn’t gonna serve my purposes. When I got the information on it, it said that I had to take it off at night. I don’t take this one off at night, because if I get up at night, I won’t risk anything. I gotta be careful because if I break an arm, a leg, or my back, I’ll be in a nursing home, and I can’t afford a nursing home. I live alone, too. I’m using a walker in the house and I’m really watching what I do, and I don’t walk and talk. And if I go someplace, I go with my family.

I’m supposed to test my Medical Alert device every month. I’m afraid to do it for fear I don’t get it turned back on right. But my niece is a nurse and she comes and takes me to the doctors. And so I have her help me, and we do it. The girls at Medical Alert are so nice. I asked, “Aren’t I supposed to be paying you a bill for the following year?” The rep said, “Well, I can do it right here.” She went ahead and took care of it, and I paid $200 for the year. I’d gladly pay it.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I searched the companies on Google and looked at the benefits and prices, then I talked to a couple of people including the Medical Alert salesman and they were very patient with me because I was waiting. I got to the point where I’d be going into the shower myself which was the scariest. I haven’t fallen, but I’ve had issues. I figured, for me and for my kids’ peace of mind, it was good to have something around my neck in the shower. I had a seven-day-a-week aide coverage and I needed to wait till that was over ‘cause there was no need for me to pay for a device when I had somebody with me all the time so that’s how I came to Medical Alert.

The one issue I had was when my son came and installed it for me, there were discrepancies in the instructions in the booklet and online. If we'd look in the booklet, and then we'd look in the online instructions, there was a difference in the order of what we plugged into what and what we unplugged. The plugins’ ends weren’t exactly the same. We thought that we had the wrong cord. Eventually, we fixed it so it worked. But I still couldn’t get the phone and the machine far enough apart. Getting it set up was a minor problem ‘cause I couldn’t physically bend down and plug things into the wall. I had to have my son come and do it. The installation instructions contradicted themselves. We worked it out in the end, so it was okay.

There were a couple of times when I was drying myself vigorously that I accidentally set the device off. The people called me back instantly and I apologized. But thank god I haven’t needed it. My question is that if I fall and I’m nowhere near the phone, it’ll go off, I don't know if I can talk to them through the device. The thing is if they can’t reach anyone, they just send the ambulance. So, even if I fell in the shower, I couldn’t get to the phone. I'd call them and find out about it.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I’m in a wheelchair and I can’t walk that good. I have to have a walker to get from here to the bathroom or here to the vehicle to go to the doctor. And I have to use a manual wheelchair when I get somewhere. I’m wobbly. I don’t have good balance and I have fallen in the past. I’m accident prone. I had a whole bunch of accidents and it made me feel bad. I got a device from Medical Alert and I’ve had good success with it.

Whenever I do mash my button, which I call as my little pager, and then they talk, I have a hard time hearing them. I nearly have to sit on top of the speaker to hear what they’re saying. If I’m a little bit away from it in the room, I can’t hear them. Other than that, Medical Alert is the first one I’ve ever owned and this is the one I’m sticking with. I feel a little more secure since having it. I know I have help at the touch of a button and that’s nice because I’m in a home somewhere between 12 hours a day by myself, so just to know I do have help if I need it, I appreciate that.

I used my device when I got cut. I got my big toe caught in the back door. They came and they got the bleeding to stop, bandaged it up really good for me. I also had to be carried to the hospital. I remember mashing the button and they got me to go to the hospital. I appreciate Medical Alert being there for me if I need somebody. That means a whole lot to me. It makes me feel a lot better.

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Please reach out to Customer Care with any additional questions or issues on the volume. It might be a good idea to call just to be sure you have the volume properly turned all the way up:

1-800-906-0872

Connect America Medical Alert

Original review: May 12, 2019

I’m a high-risk patient and I’ve had a heart attack. I also have diabetes that I’m having trouble controlling and take several medications to try to counter that. One of the doctor’s offices I was going to put me in touch with Medical Alert and since I worry about having another heart attack, I decided to sign up with them. I have the system for a couple of years now and I’ve had very little contact with their reps. But they have been okay.

I was getting plagued a couple of months ago with accidentally setting off the device and I kept trying to find different ways of wearing it so it wouldn’t do it. I found out I had to wear it under my shirt and turn it backwards to try to prevent accidentally bumping of the button. Since I did that, it’s been a lot better now. But one morning around 7:00, I was sleeping and when I rolled over, I set off the device. But I wasn’t aware of it. Then, my daughter came by to visit and was here talking with my fiancée, and the police and fire people showed up. So, I know it works.

I also feel better about having it, especially since I went to the newer one. The first one I got was really more for my wife and unfortunately, she passed away in March. Then I decided I was gonna switch it over and get the mobile one because I’m going all over the place, getting groceries and going to doctor’s appointments. And because I’m going over the hill and doing all that traveling, that made me even more appreciative of taking this thing with me since it follows everywhere. It helps a lot.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Maybe a bracelet might work better for your lifestyle? If so, please reach out to Customer Care to inquire about it

Connect America Medical Alert

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have a history of falls and I learned about the medical device on television. I got Medical Alert and I've had it now for 3 years. My experience with the company has been tremendous and there has been no problems at all. They are very cooperative and willing to meet my needs. I have fallen and their response time was excellent. The representatives have been very good whenever I dealt with them. I wear the device around my neck and it's fine. I don't even know it's there. It was a problem in the beginning with me because I would drop it, and I didn't realize that when I dropped it, I would set the system off. Now, I'm really careful how I handle it when I take it off my neck. I usually lay it flat on the kitchen table instead of hanging it over a chair. I don't drop it anymore too.

I feel very secure and safe with Medical Alert. I wear the pendant when I'm in the apartment and also outside. When I go out, I take the mobile unit with me. Before, I took the pendant nonchalantly. So one time, I went outside to smoke a cigarette and I wasn't wearing the device then I fell. Had I had the Medical Alert around my neck like I should've, I could've pushed the button and help would've come. Then I would've gone right to the emergency room. Instead, I got myself into the apartment and I waited a couple of days 'cause I wasn't quite sure what I had done. When I went to the emergency room, my wrist was broken. I thought it was just sprained. I broke my wrist and it required surgery and the insertion of a metal plate. That taught me a huge valuable lesson to wear the pendant around my neck at all times and I take that more seriously now.

Hi Jody,

Connect America Medical Alert

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Alert?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

First, had to pay for installation. Then product didn't work well when tested so had to be returned. Replacement didn't come with fall detection, which is what was ordered and paid for. Found out because of a call to company for a different issue and they're the ones who said it didn't have it. So another replacement sent. Customer service employees weren't on same page ever. New item to be worn on neck along with carrying the GPS mobile LTE in pocket or in purse. Seriously too much for an aging woman to think about. When I called to cancel, no return label will be sent, nor box. Mom, will have to figure this out. I live in another state. I find it difficult to believe Medical Alert helps elderly people considering the mess this was from beginning to end. I am thankful we didn't have an emergency!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Someone recommended Medical Alert to me. Everything's fine with them. It's sometimes too easy to press the button though. I have to press it again to cancel the call.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have a bad hip and I have a problem walking. I got a Medical Alert device and I have it for at least six months now. So far, I used it once and their response time was very good. I feel safer having it, too.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I was falling a lot. I reached out to Medical Alert and their reps were okay. I’ve alo done a test on the device and when they responded, their response time was fine.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

My husband was falling a lot, so we got the Medical Alert. He had to push the emergency button quite a few times and we really liked their response time. I was surprised that it was so quickly. They called and talked to us to let us know if we needed help or if it was a false alarm. And then one time that he was alone at the house, they contacted me because he did not respond to them. So it worked out very nicely. But my concern would be the bracelet or the wristband that he wears. The plastic makes his wrists break out in bright red. The material needs to be changed.

Medical Alert FAQ

How do Medical Alert systems work?
    Medical Alert systems work by directly connecting you with an emergency operator during a crisis. When the help button is pushed, an operator will answer and establish communication. Then, help is summoned and a family member or caregiver is contacted for you.
    Does Medicare cover Medical Alert?
    Medicare plans do not typically cover Medical Alert or any similar emergency systems.
    What is Medical Alert’s average response time?
    Medical Alert calls are answered in less than a minute by qualified, highly trained operators who will speak to you in your native language.
    Do I have to sign a contract to get a Medical Alert medical alert system?
    You’ll need to sign a Monitoring Agreement to comply with privacy laws, but no long-term service contracts are required.
    What is Medical Alert’s return policy?
    You can cancel your service and return your equipment at any time without charge by contacting Medical Alert customer service.
    Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Medical Alert monitoring service?
    You won’t have to pay extra for your spouse to add a second device. And with annual payment plans, an extra wearable pendant or wristband is provided.
    Where are Medical Alert monitoring centers located?
    All Medical Alert monitoring stations are located in the United States. The operators are trained, qualified and able to communicate in several languages.
    Do Medical Alert emergency response services require a landline?
    No. If you have a landline, you can set up your monitoring device through that landline; however, wireless technology is also available.
    Does Medical Alert offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
    Medical Alert equipment is guaranteed to work and if it doesn’t, you can return it for a replacement through Medical Alert customer service.
    Does Medical Alert offer a trial period?
    Yes. Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can return your equipment and cancel your service for a full refund within that time.
    Are Medical Alert systems waterproof?
    Medical Alert medical systems are waterproof. You can continue wearing your pendant or wristband in the shower or the bath.
    How much does Medical Alert cost per month?
    Low-cost Medical Alert systems start at $19.99. Customers get discounts, free shipping and additional equipment when they choose the semi-annual or annual payment plans.

Do we recommend Medical Alert?

Yes. Medical Alert services keep people safe inside and outside of their homes by summoning help and notifying caregivers. The Medical Alert help button removes the cumbersome step of having to find a phone and dial for help. The system is easy to set up and operate. There are several payment plan options, a helpful caregiver app and a well-trained staff of emergency operators who can speak several languages. While costs can multiply as services are added, the annual payment plan offers perks like free shipping, a lockbox and a free month of service.

Medical Alert Company Information