4.4/5 (1510 ratings)

About Medical Alert

Medical Alert by Connect America offers medical alert devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Systems come with 24-hour monitoring and provide access to emergency response personnel at the push of a button. Medical Alert has multiple products, including a fall detection pendant and a caregiver app. The company is a member of the Medical Alert Monitoring Association (MAMA).

Pros

• Multilingual operators
  • GPS and fall detection technology
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • No long-term contract required

Cons

• Additional costs for extra services
  • Large mobile device

Bottom Line

Medical Alert has several system options. Just know that costs increase as services are added. Month-to-month service is available, but you can get a discount by enrolling in an annual or semiannual payment plan.

Medical Alert Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Alert?

Original review: July 14, 2022

I've had the whole unit for 12 years, and Medical Alert's customer service has been all right. A couple weeks ago, I mashed my emergency button by mistake, and I had to let them know that it was not an emergency. The people in the office are very friendly and take care of situations if I have any. Everything is right on top, and everybody reports in on time. They were here on time in case I didn't get the alert.

I just got a new fall pendant, and it's very sensitive. When they sent this to me, they did not tell me exactly what to do about it and that's something that needs to be improved. When I took it off and went to bed at night, the alarm went off on its own. They came out here to see me, and I didn't even touch it. It went off two times with me until I finally called in and questioned them about it on the phone. A young lady told me, “Well, you have to put it on something soft.” That's a very important issue, especially when you're 92 years old, and they don't tell you that in the paperwork. They just said, “Put it on your nightstand.” Medical Alert is wonderful, but they should send paperwork that tell you to put your pendant on a soft surface when you take it off, especially when it's for the fall.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I had Medical Alert installed in November 2013. I have reached out to them a couple of times, and they've been responsive and very nice. One time, I asked them to fix the one on the wall because one part of it was not working, and now, I have a new system. They gave me another button, and I haven't had it all that long, but it's pretty good and more than I want. They have it on my computer besides telling me that I didn't set the alarm on it. Accidentally, I hit the button I was wearing and they showed up at the door.

Original review: July 12, 2022

My Medical Alert device is wonderful. I got one that travels a long way and I can keep it on in the shower, too. Other ones didn't even take me to the barn. Everything's worked fine.

Original review: July 11, 2022

My sister had Medical Alert and she liked it really well. I also got one and it works well. I feel better having it. I feel a lot safer with it, too. I wear the wrist one because it seems better for me than the necklace. I fell last November, and they got the call and sent someone out. So, that was good. I passed out and I didn't know that I had fallen until the EMTs came.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I use the pendant, which I put on in the morning. One day, I was in the car and it fell onto the seat. They asked if I had any trouble and I explained that the device just fell. The response was good. But I'm not too happy with the company because they said they would take off the charge for six months and they never did that. Also, for the last couple of days, the medical device doesn't say it's charging when I plug it in for the night. It does charge, but it's not saying that.

Medical Alert response

Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Please reach out to Customer Care to escalate the credit to your account by emailing:

customerresolutions@connectamerica.com.

Connect America Medical Alert

Original review: July 5, 2022

I don't wear it anymore. It was doing too many false alarms and I got tired of it. It wasn’t malfunctioning but it was too easy to make it send an alarm. I just brush against it somehow and it would go off.

Medical Alert response

Please reach out to Customer Care via email to escalate your issue and discuss your options: customerresolutions@connectamerica.com.

You might want to try switching from a bracelet to the necklace or vice versa to eliminate the false alarms.

Connect America Medical Alert

Original review: July 4, 2022

I fell one day last year on the sidewalk and before I hit the ground, Medical Alert answered. They helped me right away. That was the only time I’ve had to use it. But it came in handy. I really like it. It’s a lifesaver. I have the chain necklace and it rubs my neck raw a little bit. So I’m always wondering if they have any different kind.

Medical Alert response

Thanks so much for your feedback! I am so happy to hear your device alerted the call center and you are ok.

Medical Alert

Original review: July 3, 2022

My father has had Medical Alert for years. They check on it and see if it’s working okay and to make sure he’s testing it. They've been perfect.

Hi Nancy,

Medical Alert

Original review: July 2, 2022

I like the Medical Alert device. I pin it on my shirt. I set it off accidentally a few times and they were quick to respond. Everybody needs one when they get old.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I got diagnosed with this SVT condition where my heart speeds up out of nowhere. One night, I was thinking that there must be something where I could push a little button and people could pinpoint where I'm at in case of an emergency. I looked it up and found Medical Alert. I've done a test once a month with them and they're pretty good. Some are faster than others. I keep the device in my house right now and I take it when I go on to that dead zone where there's a two-hour drive and there's nothing there. This is just in case something happens. Go with Medical Alert. I'm happy with it.

Original review: July 1, 2022

My mother was alone in the home so we got her a Medical Alert device. We've had a couple of incidents that accidentally triggered it like when she bumped it undressing. Customer service called the house and my mother told them it was not an emergency. This device works fine and it's worthwhile. We've been satisfied with it. Everyone we've talked to has helped us resolve any issues that we've had.

Original review: July 1, 2022

My Medical Alert device is fantastic. It works anywhere. I've tested it in a number of places and cities far away, and it works. It works really great when you need it.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I hate all these chains around my neck but somebody said I could get the device for my wrist. I said that wouldn't work out with my small dog because he sits on my lap all the time. I’ve set off the button a couple of times and I told the response team that it was a mistake. I asked them if they could do my monthly check because of that call. They were nice. I've already recommended Medical Alert to a friend who is a lot younger than I am and she lives alone. But she hasn't made any response and doing anything. But it's okay.

I talked to somebody in the billing department because I don't like the way they're doing the service. I added the fall buttons and they added another $5.25 charge and I don't know what that was for. But it comes every month and it comes off my checking account. I don't know when that's coming and my whole checking account is screwed up. I get my statement, and then it'll show that I've had it. But by then, I've written out five more checks. So, I asked them to just send me a bill, and I'll write a check out and pay it. They said they would. I'm very satisfied with Medical Alert. My daughter is coming in the beginning of August and I’m gonna talk to her about it.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I used the device once and Medical Alert's response time was excellent. I rely on it now, because I've had it for a few years, and I'd feel lost without it. I feel I'm very safe and if anything happened, it's there.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Medical Alert called me right after I got it, and I set things up myself. When I dropped it, it set off the fall alert and we've had it checked three times because of it. It's real sensitive. I haven't had to use my it, but that has a good signal. I had another medical alert, First Alert, and it was lousy because they only went on AT&T. I don't get AT&T, only about a mile from the house. The alert for in the house was good, but the outside alert didn't do me any good.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I use my Medical Alert from time to time, but I don't have it on 24/7. But I feel more comfortable having this device.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I wear the device around my neck, and it's fine. There are days when I'm more confident with it and days when I'm not. Still, when I've had to use the device, the reps were very nice.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I'm satisfied that I have my Medical Alert.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I was in the basement sorting some things and I fell and fractured my hip. I laid there 17 hours before my grandson found me. He called 911 and I've been recuperating ever since. Now, I'm wearing a Medical Alert device and I don't mind wearing it. Even though I haven't had to use it, I feel safe when I'm wearing it.

Original review: June 10, 2022

My washer and dryer is downstairs and I feel safer when I go down my steps with the Medical Alert on. I also have it hanging in the bathroom when I do the shower. I don't have a lot of money and I hate to pay that much but I feel that I need to have it. I used it for what I thought was emergency. I had a bad dizzy spell and dialed them because I was not even able to get up to go to the bathroom. They came out in no time and offered to take me to the hospital. Everybody's been very nice talking to me even when I have to test it. I test it once a month like I’m supposed to. Someone called me and tried to sell me the one where if I fall and might not be conscious, it would send the alarm. But when I read the instructions, it was not 100% so I sent that back.

Original review: June 9, 2022

My Medical Alert device is working. When I open something that’s really hard to open and I bring it toward my chest and get a better grip on it, I forget that I have that pendant down there under my shirt and I set it off unintentionally. I talked to them about that and say there’s no one here that needs help. I did take a fall a couple of weeks ago, and somebody came, and I got taken to the Emergency Room. It was good that I have the device. I didn’t want it, but it has proved itself. It’s been good to me.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I've been pleased with Medical Alert and I feel more confident now since having the device. I wish I didn't have to charge it all the time but I have a schedule worked out so that's no problem.

Original review: June 7, 2022

The Medical Alert device is a good thing to have. I used it one time and they called the ambulance for me. It didn't take long for me to get help.

Original review: June 6, 2022

The device is fine and when I checked to see if it works, it worked straight away.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Hersa is good with the device. She keeps it on all day and she hasn’t had any problems as far as using it.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Medical Alert is an excellent idea for people where they aren't really stable on their feet. It gave me the comfort of knowing if I had a situation, help was available. For anyone in my situation, I would highly recommend it.

Original review: June 3, 2022

They all worked when I pressed the button. It said, “Calling for help,” and a lady came on and talked to me. The only thing I didn't understand about the device is if I fall outside and press this button, I wouldn't be able to talk into the device by phone. Other than that, it's a good deal if someone is mainly confined inside their house.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I am happy with this device on my wrist. I like it better than the necklace because I wear this oxygen and the rope is tangled up around my neck. I accidentally hit the device last month and they contacted me pretty quick. But they were calling and I didn't know whether to answer or not because of these telemarketers who call every day. On the fourth call, I answered though and they asked if I was okay.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I wear my bracelet all the time. I keep the other one by the shower, but I haven’t had to use it, thank God. I feel safer since having the device. Because I’ve gotten where I lose my balance and I stagger around. I’m 81 years old. I have vertigo, bad back and bad knees.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I wear my Medical Alert down my neck and it’s not heavy at all.

Medical Alert Company Information