Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
HelpButton is a company that produces medical alert devices by the same name. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out and see if it’s the right product for you. There are no long-term contracts, so even after the 30 days, you’re not locked in if you change your mind. The devices use AT&T’s mobile network, can be worn in the shower and include GPS tracking and Wi-Fi location services.
Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Waterproof device
- No long-term contract
- Website isn’t clear on pricing
- Can’t purchase online
HelpButton is a mobile alert device that protects seniors with active lifestyles. There’s no contract, and the company has a 30-day money-back guarantee. You do have to call customer service for pricing and to buy.
What is HelpButton?
HelpButton is a mobile alert device that protects active seniors. The possibility of falling can be scary for both older adults and their loved ones. HelpButton provides peace of mind by offering a safety line in case of an accident.
The lightweight device gives seniors a way to access help right at their fingertips without feeling weighed down. HelpButton offers GPS services, enhanced Wi-Fi location and reliable nationwide service through AT&T. The device batteries can last up to five days. It also gives a verbal notification if your battery is low so you won’t forget to charge it.
How does HelpButton work?
The HelpButton is a simple device to use. If you have an emergency, just press the button on your device. This sends a signal to the monitoring center, where a care specialist responds within seconds using the device’s built-in speaker and microphone. Once the specialist determines what kind of services you need, they can send family, friends, neighbors or emergency medical services to help.
HelpButton has a silent weekly test to make sure your device is properly connected to the monitoring center. The device is capable of automatically detecting falls, depending on the package you choose. Even if you’re unable to communicate for any reason, the specialist will notify your contact list.
The website isn’t very clear about the costs associated with HelpButton, but there are multiple packages available depending on the services you need.
Starting at $34.95 monthly, HelpButton plans can include:
- In-home protection
- On-the-go protection
- GPS tracking
- Enhanced Wi-Fi location
- Embedded speaker and microphone
- Easy device location
To buy from HelpButton, you either have to call its toll-free number or fill out a contact form. The company offers free shipping and a 30-day money-back guarantee, though customers have to pay the cost of return shipping.
- Does HelpButton offer a free trial period?
- HelpButton doesn’t have a free trial period, but it does have a 30-day money-back guarantee. Equipment must be set up and tested to qualify for the money-back guarantee. The company also does not cover the cost of shipping if you choose to return it.
- Where are HelpButton monitoring centers located?
- HelpButton doesn’t specify on its website where monitoring centers are located. It does point out that it uses a UL-listed monitoring center.
- What is HelpButton’s return policy?
- HelpButton offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for customers who want to return the product. Customers are responsible for return shipping fees. If you want to cancel beyond the first 30 days, you have to call using the toll-free number.
- Are HelpButton medical alert systems waterproof?
- Yes — according to the website, the HelpButton is waterproof. The device is safe to use in the shower.
Do we recommend HelpButton?
HelpButton has a lot of helpful features; the device is waterproof, has a long-lasting battery life and doesn’t require a landline since it works with AT&T 4G LTE, which provides nationwide coverage. HelpButton also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and doesn’t require long-term contracts. The website doesn’t offer much info about packages, but you can call customer service for more details and to purchase. Overall, it’s good to consider if you need a medical alert device.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,305,994 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Called this company multiple times in an attempt to get information on how this device works since their website provides no detailed information. Need specifics as to how it connects, the wireless it uses in my area, battery info, etc. Each time I have called I am left listening to music, no message where I'm at in the queue, just endless music.
HelpButton Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.