4.7/5 (570 ratings)

About LegalZoom

LegalZoom provides legal help to individuals, families, and small businesses through their do-it-yourself platform and independent network of attorneys. They empower millions of people in growing their business, caring for their families, and protecting their ideas.

Pros

• 60-day satisfaction guarantee
  • Experienced attorneys
  • Affordable packages

Cons

• Some services can be pricey
  • Not ideal for complex legal cases

Bottom Line

LegalZoom has services starting as low as $79 and is an affordable way to start a business, get incorporated or start a living trust. Small business owners and families can receive ongoing legal advice for a low monthly fee.

LegalZoom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I used LZ as a Registered Agent, a service for which they severely overcharge in hindsight (do your research, in Virginia I was paying 3x what I needed to). I cancelled the RA service several years ago. In the late-MIDDLE of the pandemic, when my business flow is about 1/3rd of what it was pre-pandemic, I hear from LZ for the first time in years through a COLLECTIONS agency claiming I owe LZ $399 for RA long after I cancelled it. I called LZ, told them the problem, and the rep was going to "transfer (me) right over to someone who can help (me) out!."

After being transferred, I was placed on a long hold and opted to be called back when a rep was available. I received a call back but only to sit on hold... no rep was available for another 5+ minutes. Once a rep finally picked up, I spoke with them 20 seconds before they were going to transfer me to the "right" person (even though they were supposed to be the right person). I was on hold literally for 15-minutes, at which point LZ simply disconnected from the call. It seems very convenient that I'm given the run around and no one wants to seem to want to talk to me when they claim I owe them money and I am calling them out on it.

LegalZoom response

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review, Paul, and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We want to make sure this is being taken care of for you so please email us at taxcallbackrequest@legalzoom.com and we'll have our Executive Escalations team follow up with you directly to resolve this.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I had a question regarding my purchase of the Economy LLC through LegalZoom. A worker named Samantha answered my call and was extremely helpful. I never write reviews, but I feel she deserves one. She was such good vibes and knew exactly how to answer my questions quick and a way that I understood. :)

Thanks Samantha!!

LegalZoom response

We're glad to hear that Samantha was able to provide a high level of support as we aim to provide such experiences to all of our customers. Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Heather, and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I am quite pleased with my service so far, and would recommend this to anyone. LegalZoom services were also made a benefit of my last employer so I was already assured a good experience. Thank you LegalZoom.

LegalZoom response

You're very welcome, Odetta, and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

David was awesome! I honestly felt as if we're speaking to an old friend. He was knowledgeable. Took care of my issue in record time. His personality was warming. Southern hospitality or something. Don't know where he's from but we need more men like him out here. GOD BLESS

LegalZoom response

That's wonderful news to hear, Anibal. We're happy David was able to provide a level of comfort during your interaction and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

When I opened the chat bubble and requested help, Amanda was there for me with upright professionalism and was exceptionally outstanding when it came to poise, diligence, knowledge, and, most importantly, her fighting spirit. May God bless her soul.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for making our day a little brighter, Trevor. We really appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it along to Amanda directly.

Hello,

My recent experience with customer service was very good. My issues were resolved immediately and it is nice to know how dependable, reliable and trustworthy I feel working with LegalZoom. Thank you!

Rocco

LegalZoom response

We're glad we were able to exceed your expectations, Rocco, and we'll continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I wouldn't recommend LegalZoom to anyone, especially someone who wants to start an LLC in New York, where a registered agent isn't needed. LegalZoom haven't done anything for me except collecting payments. The process to change registered agent with LegalZoom was almost impossible and it was very obvious that they just want to "keep you" in their payment service. Don't use if not ABSOLUTELY necessary.

LegalZoom response

Every piece of feedback is important to us, and we’re so glad you took the time to share this, Fanny. If you're still having problems with cancelling your Registered Agent service or with the collections notices received, please email us at taxcallbackrequest@legalzoom.com and we'll get you connected with someone who can help.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I was in the need to dissolve my Company and I was provided by LegalZoom, with a very clear and fast solution. The agent that advised me was very patient in guiding me throughout the whole process, and made sure I understood the process every step of the way. I only had to choose between two packages they offered, that involved everything I needed to worry of to make it happen, and after I made my decision they took it from there.

LegalZoom response

We're glad to hear that our support staff was able to provide a high level of support during your interaction as that's what we aim to do with all of our customers. We appreciate you for sharing your review, Victoria, and for choosing LegalZoom for your business needs!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

We used LegalZoom a dozen years ago to set up our living trust and wills. Realizing at lot had changed since then, we are updating it. The process was easy and affordable then, and is still as great today. A rep was available on a Saturday to help me and was very detailed in what we needed to do.

LegalZoom response

We love to hear when our customers keep coming back as it confirms that we're doing right by our customers. We appreciate you for sharing your review here, Paula, and we appreciate you for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I received an email that my order was complete and my business was now official! Problem was, when I went on my account page, there were no documents to view. I called customer service and that's when I met Horiah. She was the utmost professional, knowledgeable, courteous and patient representative I have had the pleasure of dealing with. While she worked diligently to correct my issue, she downloaded and directly emailed me my documents! She resolved my issue and I can now view, share and print my documents from my LegalZoom account!!! THANK YOU HORIAH!!!! Go Legalzoom!!!

LegalZoom response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Timothy. We're glad Horiah was able to provide the level of support you deserve and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to her directly. Congratulations on making it official and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

It took awhile to get to the right person to get my issue resolved but everyone was helpful and pleasant. I am still getting my issue resolved but I have confidence that it will be taken care of expeditiously.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Roschelle. Hopefully, everything is being taken care of for you but if assistance is still needed, please email us at taxcallbackrequest@legalzoom.com and we'll get you connected with someone who can help.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Updated on 08/27/2021: The Legalzoom support team does a great job of staying on top of paperwork, updating records and sending notifications and progress of open orders. They have been friendly and helpful each time I spoke with them. No complaints. So far so good. Thanks.

Original Review: I just recently applied for a DBA Sole Proprietorship home-based business and awaiting approval. The application process was easy and took lots of pressure off me since I did not know how all this worked anyway. The staff I spoke with were all cordial and guided me through most of the application. Thanks to you all. I may have more comments after everything is approved.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for thinking of us for your business needs, Lou! We're happy to be able to provide easy processed for our customers and we're honored to partner with you as you start your business journey. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I had the opportunity to speak to Rob ** to create my LLC. It was an easy process and it was even easier because I had someone who was very knowledgeable and has had years of experience doing this. Any question I had he was ready to answer which was absolutely helpful! 5/5!!

LegalZoom response

That's wonderful news to hear, Arlene. We're proud of Rob for always taking such good care of our customers and we'll be sure to pass along this feedback to him directly. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer and congratulations on making it official!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Amazing services! My Agent Nathan knew exactly what I needed after listening to my needs and quickly got me everything I needed. I was dreading the day I had to switch from a sole proprietorship to Llc but calling Nathan at Legal Zoom made it so easy and really lifted a huge weight off my chest!

LegalZoom response

We're happy to hear that Nathan was able to lighten your load and assist you on your business journey. We'll be sure to pass along this feedback to him directly to acknowledge a job well done. Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Dallin, and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I wanted to update my Will, since it was about 10 years old; however, I could not access my old Will since my email had changed. The Legal zoom representative was very efficient in helping me to change my email and password information so that I could gain access to my current document, as well as finish processing a POA which I had started years ago. Thanks for the help.

LegalZoom response

You're very welcome, Joe, and thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're happy to hear that we were able to provide an efficient and helpful experience as well as help you with your estate plan documents. We appreciate you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I had to apply more then 3 times just to get one email to confirm my agent. First time they never sent the email. Second time they spelled Louisiana wrong. Third time still no email and now I'm on my 4th try. I would have gotten a refund by now but they told me I had to call the state in order to get my money back. Very frustrated customer.

LegalZoom response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Dominique. We apologize for any errors on our part and we want to ensure that this is being handled for you. We'll have our Executive Escalations team look into what's going on with your filing and follow up with you directly to have this resolved for you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Armando **, is nothing but excellent. Customer service is above par. Handled all my questions in a time manner. Provided information I was not aware of and most importantly, treated me like a human instead of a sale. Much love to this young gentleman.

LegalZoom response

That's wonderful news to hear, Daniel! We’re so happy our support staff exceeded your expectations, and we’ll do our best to continue to do so. Thanks for taking the time to share your review and for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I needed to obtain a last minute Operating Agreement for my LLC in order to close a loan. I used LegalZoom and set up an expedited order. However, I found out that I would need the document even sooner than what the expedited order would allow. I called and spoke with Jamison LegalZoom and explained the issue, hoping I could just cancel my order for a full refund (as I had found a local attorney who could help). Although Jamison was unable to cancel my order due to the fact it was already almost completed, he was able to come up with an alternate resolution instead. He put an additional rush on my order and obtained approval for him to send me electronic copies of the finalized document once it was complete. Although the hard copies won't be to me in time, the bank will accept the electronic version and I can close the loan, as needed. Thank you again!

LegalZoom response

That’s awesome news, Michael! We're so glad Jamison was able to deliver for you so we didn't prevent your loan from closing. We'll be sure to pass along this feedback to him directly to acknowledge a job well done. Thanks for taking the time to share your review and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I spoke with Tabitha at Legal Zoom today. It is true once again that it is the person with whom you work within a company that determines problem resolution and satisfaction. She resolved several things in my account that had haunted me for well over a year with contact with several other legal zoom employees. In a ten minute phone call, she helped remove all the red exclamation points that really were no longer issues anyway, and issued me a refund when other employees had told me a refund wasn’t possible for many reasons (or excuses). Tabitha is a golden employee there and in my opinion deserves a raise or a promotion, at the very least! Thank you Tabitha!

LegalZoom response

Thanks for making our day a little brighter, Paula! We're glad to hear that Tabitha was able to make an excellent impression for our company and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to her directly. Thanks for taking the time to share these kind words and for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I called to find out how to add my daughter to the deed and mortgage of my house. I had the will and power of attorney but wanted her name added to the deed and mortgage without any financial or legal burden on her upon my passing. When I called Legal Zoom the representative knew immediately how to guide me through the process. So thankful for him, otherwise I’d have no clue how to do this. I’ll be recommending all my friends and family to use legal zoom.

LegalZoom response

We love to hear when our customers recommend us to their friends and family as that lets us know that we're doing right by our customers. We’re happy we could provide the resources for your personal service needs and we thank you for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

My experience with Mr. ** establishing the process to initiate the start up of my company was flawless. Mr. ** was extremely professional and understanding of my needs. His knowledge of the products and services were outstanding. He was not pushy on the items in which I was not interested, he just moved on. I greatly appreciated that.

LegalZoom response

We're glad you chose us to assist with your business needs, Micheal, and that our support staff was able to provide a professional experience along the way. Thank you for sharing your review and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Legal Zoom has allowed one user to combine companies under its profile. We purchased one of these companies and now we cannot separate the ONE company to its own independent account and access history, etc. Instead we may lose our history access, etc. Legal Zoom should not allow multiple accounts under one account (email). Each Corporation, LLC, Sole Proprietor and Non-Profit should have their "OWN" log in, this was you are able to transfer and/or remove owners and partners.

LegalZoom response

Every piece of feedback is important to us, and we’re so glad you took the time to share this L'Donna. If assistance is still needed for the issue described, please email us at socialmediaoutreach@legalzoom.com and we'll get you connected with someone who can help.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Legal Zoom was very helpful and very knowledgeable. Help me understand the process and was able to answer all my questions in a very professional way. I would recommend this service to anyone. I’m happy with the service.

LegalZoom response

We pride ourselves in being able to help educate our customers along their business journeys and we're glad we were able to deliver that for you, Aldemar! Thank you for thinking of us for your business needs and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Just an absolutely fantastic experience from the beginning of the call to the end! All questions were answered and those that couldn’t be the representative (Leonard) researched and provided contact information! Just an absolute excellent experience!!!

LegalZoom response

That’s awesome news, Bettina! We're happy to hear that Leonard was able to provide a fantastic and excellent experience and we'll be sure to pass along this feedback to him directly. Congratulations on making it official!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

This was a very good experience for me. I was at a real deadlock with what to do. It had been months since I received the documents but I never returned them. I thought that I might have to start over completely and pay the fee again. But it wasn't. Also, I thought I would have to pay for a new corporation since it was so long and now I was changing to a new corporation. But again there was no new fee and He was so enjoyable to work with. He was very professional and pleasant. Asked if I needed help with anything else while I was with him and was very polite showing willingness to help more. Great job!!!

LegalZoom response

Thanks for making our day a little brighter, Jerome! We really appreciate your feedback and we're glad we could assist you on your business journey. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I called them to help with an issue I was having in confirming my address while filing for an LLC. The man who helped me was James. He was very friendly yet professional. He took care of my issue and helped me through the rest of the process. His confidence helped me feel confident and comfortable that he could help me. That caused me to realize I made a good choice in using Legal Zoom to help me file my LLC application.

LegalZoom response

We appreciate you for thinking of us for your business needs, Duane. We'll be sure to pass along the feedback of your experience with James directly to him to acknowledge a job well done. Congratulations on making it official!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

After much research, we chose Legalzoom to do our estate planning. We are sooo glad we did. Of course the price makes it affordable for anyone, but the quality of our final product was amazing. It has been set up very professionally so that questions are asked of you which are the basis of producing the document. You can do it at your leisure and at your computer at home making it easy to pause and get the answers you may need from your filing cabinet. So glad we ultimately chose Legalzoom. I have already recommended it to three of our family and friends.

LegalZoom response

We're glad you chose us to assist with your estate planning needs also, Roberta! Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

She told you what you need to know to protect yourself and protect your business when I came to different legalities and taxes .... He gave me information to make sure to ask my accountant about that. With me being new to this kind of stuff I hadn't even thought of

LegalZoom response

We're happy to be able to thoroughly inform our customers of all the ins and outs of starting a business. We pride ourselves in being able to help business owners get started on the right note so we're happy we were able to deliver for you, Dave. Congratulations on making it official!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

It is difficult for me to single out which customer service representative provided the best customer care because I've discussed a variety of issues with several representatives. I have never been disappointed. Service is always prompt, representatives are knowledgeable and professional. I am pleased I've selected Legal Zoom to handle such personal and potentially stressful matters. You've made what could be a stressful experience, colloquially speaking, a piece of cake.

LegalZoom response

We're here to help so we’re happy our customer service team was able to provide a professional experience every time! We'll continue to provide the best service anytime assistance is needed. Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Walter.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Not only was it easy, fast, filling it out online. My main concern was to put the co-trust in my son's name because my husband is disabled and not capable of handling a matter like this. The price is right and it allows to do installments! Then they give you the option to download the trust along with paying for a printed copy.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for sharing your review, Felicia. We’re happy we could provide the resources to establish your estate plan and that you found our templates easy to use. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

LegalZoom Company Information