1.23/5

Get matched with a recommended legal service provider now

317 LegalZoom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

We spent over a 1000.00 LegalZoom to do their job. We was told that they would file all the paperwork and everything would be taken care of for us. NOTHING WAS DONE. You people should be assumed taking money from hard working people and not doing what was promised.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Like a Roach Motel, it's easy to enter but hard to leave. They almost tripled the annual fee for acting as Registered Representative for my nonprofit for the current year. I called to complain and request they turn off Auto-Renewal so I can hire an alternative Registered Rep for next year. They will only turn off Auto-Renewal if I provide written proof of the dissolution of my nonprofit or proof of new representation. When I said I would do that they offered reduced pricing, put me on hold and never returned!

Get expert buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My experience with LegalZoom has been a lesson in how companies scam their customers. It's been a miserable experience. What they do is lure you in with a great deal and then hit your credit card without notice for amounts they never stated. IT IS A SCAM. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS! What would have cost me only $189 has now cost me close to $600. I can only say that this company is one of the reasons I mistrust corporations. The money they stole is no longer available for my non-profit safety group, you must be very proud of yourselves for ripping off charities!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I started my dissolution on 2/27/2019. LegalZoom called me and told me that in the state of Texas they cannot file for tax clearance for me, and that I would have to do it myself. It took me a while, but I got the tax clearance I needed in the middle of March. I called LegalZoom again, and told them I had the tax clearance, but the agent I spoke with told me she did not think I needed to send my tax clearance letter to them. She went ahead and pushed my order through. One and a half weeks later, the order status hadn't moved.

I called them again and they told me I DID need to send my tax clearance letter, and they would get the order done right away. It is important to note that throughout this process, LegalZoom raised their registered agent service to $300. I got billed $300 on top of the $285 I paid for a rush dissolution. Now at a total paid of $285, and LegalZoom contacted me AGAIN to tell me that there was a problem with my order. It has now been almost 2 months since I originally filed my dissolution.

Express dissolution my **, I just called and got a full refund. Worst experience ever, the employees are not familiar with the laws in your state. It is best to handle this kind of legal work yourself if possible. LegalZoom agents are poorly qualified and don't get paid enough to care about your order. Will never lose LegalZoom again (I'm only 21 so glad I learned this lesson early). This was my first review of a company, so that should tell you how fed up I am.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I canceled my membership from LegalZoom within the time frame I was supposed to if I didn’t want to be charged for their terrible service. I was also told by a LegalZoom employee that I was required by “law“ that I could not be my own register agent which is not true and I would need their service as a RG agent. 4 weeks after I had cancelled my membership I notice $280 missing from my checking account. Come to find out it was LegalZoom that had taken it. In my book that is theft. I told the LegalZoom agent and he told me it was a mistake the person that was doing the canceling did not finish the process of the cancellation. He said he credited me back the $280 and I checked my account and still no money in there. They're thefts. I advised no one to use their service. If I taken $280 from someone’s checking account without asking I’d be in jail. I’d put zero rating stars but you require me to put at least 1.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was very excited that I had finally made the decision to create an LLC for my jewelry business. I opted for the premium package of services offered by LegalZoom thinking this would be the way to go to expedite my business name, etc. The name and trademark service went fine. However, they were not, are not, transparent about charges. I was fully upfront with them. I told them I would not be selling anything for at least 8 months to a year because I need to make sure I have enough high quality jewelry inventory to open my own website, use Etsy or any other manner of selling. I just wanted to secure the name and get the accounting side of the business going so when I do actually begin selling then everything will be in place and I would know more about what I am doing and what my responsibilities are. I also told them I would not be hiring any employees for at least two years.

I was told I would not be paying any taxes of any kind for the first year. Before two weeks had past, I received a notice from them that I owe the state $800.00 for my LLC! WHAT?? I was specifically told, and I have names of people I spoke too, that I would not have any taxes to pay for the first year. I don't even have enough product to sell yet regardless of where I would choose to sell. I am also being charged a large amount (over 1 $1,000.00 plus $30.00 per month) for an accountant and access to a "portal" to receive notices about what I am supposed to do and when to file this or that.

I have called many, many times. Many times. The people who answer the phone at the LegalZoom phone lines are, seriously, reading a script. The same script was delivered to me by different people, word for word when I asked about the $800.00 tax bill. I was told that this matter was the State Tax Department and they had nothing to do with this matter. I asked to speak to a tax attorney, as I had paid for attorney service as well. I was told that they don't have any attorneys that handle tax matters. REALLY! I was completely astonished. Beyond astonished! I also tried to contact an attorney to help me handle some personal matters, which is what I paid for. The notice on the web page said that this page had been removed!

I also came into a situation where the name I chose for my business is very similar, too similar, to another person making jewelry which LegalZoom should have caught when doing their search. The artist owning this name contacted me via phone, and politely asked me not to use the name because it was too close and there would be confusion for customers. Although I don't know the artist on a personal level, I do know who this artist is and I have great respect for this individual so I immediately agreed to change the name of my business. No problem, or so I thought. I was very upfront from the start with LegalZoom and told them I would be opening at least three businesses selling different items so I would want three separate names under the same LLC. I was told this was called a DBA so this was not an issue. HA! I have put in the request for three different names to identify the businesses and I have not heard one word! Nothing!

After all of the phone calls that have garnered no information I was told to talk to the accountant that has been assigned to me. This appointment is this next week. I am not hopeful. What began as a very exciting, motivating situation has now turned into a sour "I told ya so!" loss of money and a broken heart. I know that may sound silly to some of you but this is a dream I have been working toward for several years now. If there is no help, no resolution from LegalZoom, I will have no choice but to seek help with this problem elsewhere.

Also, I did get to speak to a copyright/patent attorney to ask questions about protecting my designs. Because I have already gone through the copyright situation when I was a professional / fine art photographer I already knew quite a bit but I just wanted to check myself through asking this attorney questions. HE HAD NO ANSWERS! In true fact, I know more about how copyrights work than he did! And I had to pay for this?

I could give you more examples but I hope you get the idea. LegalZoom is NOT what they would have the general public believe. Save your money and your wits, and hold onto your dreams by finding other means of fulfilling your dreams of creating your own small business because all you will receive here is loss of money, broken promises, and dreams sidelined.

Original review: April 17, 2019

On a cancelled order, this company refused to refund my money. I have reported them to my bank for fraud. They also have horrible customer service. BAD BUSINESS!!! This company has complaints all over the Internet! I found a better and cheaper company to complete my task.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I depended on LegalZoom to order an EIN. After many attempts to get LegalZoom to fulfill their promise. I gave up and hired a real lawyer, who successfully ordered an EIN number right away. LegalZoom couldn't even understand what the problem was. Then sent a bill without any description. I requested they describe the service they were billing. They couldn't. They reported this to credit bureaus. Now I have to sue LegalZoom to correct my credit report!!! RUN FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I signed up with LegalZoom in July 2018. I only signed up to obtain an LLC and the registered agent service, which cost $779.00 and $159.00. I just recently found out that LegalZoom charged my credit card for an additional $960.00 for services that I did not request. This company is unethical. Do not waste your money with LegalZoom. They should be ashamed of themselves. When you call to try to speak with someone you are left on hold for 45 mins to an hour. When I finally spoke with a live person I was told that the other services were for a free trial and that I should have canceled them within 30 days. You can't cancel what you don't know you have! Shame on you LegalZoom!

Original review: April 11, 2019

This company is just horrible. I made a request to ask a lawyer some questions related to immigration. I wrote the exact reason why I wanted to talk to them. They call me the next day, I reach a customer service guy and tell him what my case is. He tells me “we don’t have any attorneys on that matter” and HANGS UP!! No but, no more questions that was it. I wish I could slap that guy in the face! DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!

LegalZoom response

We would like to extend my sincerest apology in regards to your less than pleasant experience with LegalZoom. We appreciate your feedback and would still like to try to help. Please feel free to contact a manager.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Worst company ever. I placed my order 3 months ago for my company. They did all kind of mistakes and till now I haven't got my EIN. Bec. of LegalZoom I lost a lot of money over 3 months and simply they don't care. I tried to reach a supervisor today and after 35 min. on hold they told me there is no supervisor or manager is available to talk to me. Can you believe that? After 3 months and hours over the phone. They don't care. Don't waste your money on this company. They have the worst customer service ever.

LegalZoom response

Hi Ragae, we've an opportunity to review your account & your EIN obtainment order. We could not be more apologetic about the long delay and the customer care experience; you deserve better. We appreciate you giving us an opportunity to make things right and will continue to follow up with you directly.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I hiring LegalZoom to form LLC. Never met time limit!!! Don't trust this company. Go someplace else!!! Avoid this future headache!!! Spend your hard earned money elsewhere!!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Very briefly: this company made a mistake on my IRS SS4 document by putting the wrong name to which my EIN was assigned. In doing so I was not able to open a corporate account associated to my business. I am 10 weeks delayed at this point. I asked LegalZoom to fix it. They did nothing. Nothing at all. Thanks.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Each year LegalZoom increases their registered agent fees, with the new amounts applying automatically. They also appear to use different prices for different customers. This year the increase on my account was massive - from $150 to $400! Other companies charge around $40 for registered agent services. I'll be cancelling this service, unfortunately they are making me jump through a lot of hoops to cancel. They state that I have to prove I have a new registered agent before they can cancel their automatic credit card deductions (this is not true and my bank has confirmed they will be able to make a chargeback if LegalZoom charges me again stating this as a reason).

Original review: April 8, 2019

LegalZoom Registered Agent Service is just a fraud. In 2017, I used LegalZoom to form my company: **. I filled out their online application. One of the question was: "Do you want LegalZoom to be your Register Agent?" I answered "No.".They filed my paperwork and put them as my Register Agent and charged my credit card $159.00. I called them and protested. They told me that only the state can cancel them as my Registered Agent. I tried many times with the state (New York), in vain. The state always found something wrong on my application to cancel LegalZoom, as my agent.

After many attempts without success, I gave up. This year, I tried them one more time for the filing of my new company: "Math Teacher Manhattan, LLC". I filled out the online application, very carefully. I did not choose them as my agent, and again they sent me an e-mail that they will charge my credit $159.00 for choosing them as my Register Agent, which is a pure lie. They are directing me again to the state. This company is defrauding consumers with their hard earned money. Something as to be done. Nobody should hire them for anything; furthermore, the state should step in to protect the public. I will never recommend anyone to do business with them. Zoumana ** Very Angry,

Original review: April 6, 2019

I went through LegalZoom, trying to open a non profit, I paid thousands of dollars to LegalZoom to start the process. I was involved in the Las Vegas shooting and never completed my paperwork. Not only did LegalZoom continue to charge me a registered agency service for 299.00 but after I called that took hours they did it again. I had to go to the lawyer, pay for them to wind down the business but it turns out they “LegalZoom” didn’t fill the right paperwork. They did not file 501c3 paperwork (that’s what I paid for and have proof) so after several thousands of dollars then they still try to charge extra. What a rip off!!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had a very unpleasant experience with this company. I filled out all the necessary information online and was called on two separate occasions needing that very same information I was already asked for. I got my paperwork in the mail today and instead of a two member business they set it up as I am the sole owner. I wish I would’ve read these reviews prior to choosing LegalZoom. I would’ve saved myself a lot of hassle. I’ve made several attempts to call the company with no luck. It always says all agents are busy and wait time is over an hour. If you request a callback no one returns your call.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I like many people, opted to use LegalZoom for the filing of an LLC. I went through all the processes and selected the option I liked best. The paperwork went through and came back quickly (about a week). At this point everything seemed ok, until I received a bank statement that stated I overdrafted. I looked at my account and had 4 additional charges that amounted to close to $800 that I was totally unaware. I never signed up for any of the other services, just the LLC package I ordered (which already was $800).

I went on to call their customer service, no answer on the line. Now I have to call the bank and dispute these charges. I NEVER once received an email, call, or mail about any additional services being charged. They automatically took it from the card on file. I reviewed my original receipt, and found at the bottom under an asterisk I noticed a few fees (3 fees totally over $800). This was never in the original purchase form and the company was NEVER upfront about these fees. I WANT A REFUND!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 30, 2019

LegalZoom recently upped their fees to $399 without telling anyone apparently. On top of that I've never actually been notified of when my yearly recurring payments were happening except for the original payment. It gets better though! I can't cancel my account online without uploading legal documents to prove that I'm changing to a different legal representative, so now I have to wait until Monday to call them to cancel my account so I don't get charged again for whatever ridiculous fee they could tack on at any moment. It's clear that this company makes its money by quietly upping their fees and making it so annoying to cancel services that some people just don't bother.

LegalZoom, if you want to make this right refund my $399 and cancel all services on my account. This experience has made me seriously consider going back to college for a second degree in order to become a lawyer solely to steal clients from LegalZoom so that no one else has to go through this. I would give you 0/5 stars if there wasn't a 1 star minimum. Congratulations on being another sleazy company "legally" stealing from people.

LegalZoom response

Hi C, we've recently increased our prices because the services have been upgraded to include additional benefits. We send an email notification to all customers at least 30 days prior to their renewal period and our website explains the service is billed annually on or around your company anniversary date. This information is also available via your My Account portal. We are sorry for any miscommunication and happy to help. Contact a manager and we'll try to resolve this

Original review: March 26, 2019

I would not recommend this service to anyone. I created a LLC through their online service and when I received my paperwork back it had the wrong name listed for the LLC. When I contacted their customer support to correct the issue they proceeded to tell that their records didn't show anything on the name that I had applied for and then they told me that I would have to pay another $200+ in order to correct their mistake and that it was my fault. On top of that I was on hold with them for about 30 mins waiting to get this sorted out and they didn't even fix the issue. I was told they would have to call me back in 2 to 3 days. Terrible customer service.

LegalZoom response

Hi Ben, we couldn’t be more apologetic about your experience with LegalZoom. If we make a mistake, we want to fix it. We are more than happy to review your account to determine how this happened and help with a resolution. Please contact a manager directly.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I used LegalZoom 6 years ago to set up an LLC. I agreed to a trial "subscription" for availability to "Documents Only" in case I ran into a need. That turned into an annual fee that I called and canceled. I was told I would no longer be billed. I disputed the charges with my CC company (Bank of America) and was told that they would put a "block" on future charges from LegalZoom. I even had BofA cancel my card and reissue a new one. What BoA didn't tell me was that they provide companies with your new card number. Now it has come up again (this is the 4th time) and now LegalZoom has denied my dispute. Hire a Real Lawyer, it is safer and cheaper.

LegalZoom response

Hi Scott, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your experience and we would like to try to make things right. Please reach out to a manager directly with your order information & we’ll try our best to resolve things. We look forward to making your experience a better one.

Resolution response: March 19, 2019

I was finally able to get in touch with someone through Facebook messages, who refunded me for a lot of the issues that occurred and she was very helpful. Everyone else at the company had horrible customer service skills though.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My experience with LegalZoom has not been good. It started out fine, I had an estimated date of completion for February 28th, then because they claimed my fax had lines through it (which it didn't, because they sent me the copy of that exact fax with my paperwork and it looked completely fine!!) It wouldn't be done until March 5th, then moved to March 12th (not sure of the reasoning for that!). Well I finally get my paperwork, the AZCC spelled my LLC name incorrectly, an agent with LegalZoom said they would get that taken care of urgently. 5 days later and no update, I called the AZCC and got it fixed myself within an hour. I have been calling to get my EIN, but still haven't gotten it. The state approved my LLC on February 28th, it's March 18th now and I still don't have it.

I've called multiple times and gotten horrible customer service and no help or reason. I called 2 times today, first I had to wait 55 minutes (recording said between 31 and 45), the lady Carol answered the phone, said she would check in it, put me on hold for about 8 minutes then hung up... I called again, this time waited an hour and a half. Carol answered AGAIN and she did the same exact thing after assuring me she didn't remember that call and that she would call me back if it hung up again. Well she didn't. I waited on hold until I got hung up on again. I am extremely frustrated as I would love to open a business bank account, but can't without my EIN.

I have emailed another rep who has been extremely slow at responding and has no information when she does such as I don't have an update, I'll send this to the management, or "I'll check on that EIN for you" then not getting back to me. I requested that a manager call me, because their phone lines suck and I have no idea how to get ahold of anyone through that. But again, I got no response. Total waste of money and I will be telling everyone I know not to use LegalZoom because they happily take your money but won't make it right. I would love a refund, but can't get ahold of anyone. DO NOT USE LEGALZOOM!

LegalZoom response

Hi Rachael, things usually go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. Glad it's worked out now. Of course you should feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or issues.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 17, 2019

My tweet below explains most of my saga (as already mentioned multiple times on this site). --- Tweet Starts --- @Kim** 14m14 minutes ago @legalzoom #legalzoom - Whew, $399 for CA registered agent for a one person S-Corp! Quite a jump from $159 (for each ‘18 & ‘17); $99 (‘15); $288 (‘13 & ‘14); and ~ $159 for all other years since 2008. Already sent an email to cancel & will call tomorrow. --- Tweet Ends ---

Like others, I've tried to cancel, but I need to provide a California Registered Agent. Right now I'm leaning towards https://www.californiaregisteredagents.net/. To think that I just said to someone that I've never had a problem with LegalZoom and was going to use them for my personal & family legal needs. Thanks to all of the others that have written on this particular topic.

LegalZoom response

Hi Kimberly, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been any dissatisfaction with our service. Our registered agent subscription fees were recently increased to include additional benefits important to many of our subscription members. We’d really like to offer a resolution that will regain your satisfaction & keep you as our customer. Please contact a manager that can help.

Resolution response: March 29, 2019

They acknowledged and agreed to review the process.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I am putting this review to get LegalZoom to change their process to include an additional step for their clients. While all the proper forms were completed as ordered and a timely receipt of the final package was fine. What frustrated me was (1) the many attempts to get through to their support phone line even when I agreed to wait for a call back vs waiting on the line. (2) Once I got through the next morning, I inquired why my LLC did not appear in the FL Sunbiz system which was an embarrassment after trying to set up a business account with this information. I was told that I would need to call the State of Florida to find out why the info was not shown. My expectation was that LZ had vetted to make sure this was visible within the specific State system or they should have added that as an action item for me to do. MAYBE ADD THIS TO THEIR LETTER WHEN RETURNING THE FINAL DOCUMENTS FROM THE STATE.

LegalZoom response

Hi Margaret, your comments and experience are important to us and we appreciate and welcome your feedback. Please be reassured that we will forward your comments to review our operations and determine where improvements need to be made.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Like many of the other reviewers here, I did not read the fine print closely enough when LegalZoom announced shortly after Christmas last year that they were increasing the Registered Agent fee. Virginia is a state that requires LLC's to use Registered Agents, so I signed up for it two years ago, before the price increase. In the same way Congress schedules votes on unpopular bills when no one is watching, LegalZoom sent out its notification a couple days past Christmas, when people are on vacation and less likely to pay attention. I failed to notice the price increase and did not switch Registered Agents in time (you can buy Registered Agent services in Virginia for as little as $49, not $399!)

On top of that, when I finally received notification that the LegalZoom Registered Agent had received a document on my behalf (that is the purpose of having a Registered Agent) I could not access the document on their website due to a malfunction! What the heck? I pay nearly $400 for this service and they can't even design a functional website? Take your business elsewhere.

LegalZoom response

Hi David, It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been any dissatisfaction with our service. Our registered agent subscription fees were recently increased to include additional benefits important to many of our subscription members. We are truly sorry if the notification of the upgrade was not received in a timely fashion & we’d really like to offer a resolution that will regain your satisfaction.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Spoke at length ahead of time about how long to establish a non profit. 4-6 weeks. They claim to be "experts" nationwide but missed several key things in my application, 3 separate "delay" notifications where something is incorrect and it is now 3.5 months late. DO NOT use these folks. You will receive different answers from every person via phone or email. If you dare to ask for a manager, they're insulted, and state they have manager abilities, they do not.

LegalZoom response

Hi J, we are truly sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part and we’d like to try to turn things around for the better. Please feel free to contact a manager directly.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I’ve been a LegalZoom customer since 2016. The service had been great and far less expensive than other providers. That all changed this year. In January, I was charged 10 times. I called several times trying to get answers but nothing was on my account and no one had answers or helped to relieve me of these charges. So I charged them back at the bank after 3 unsuccessful attempts to get help from the company. Then I had 4 more charges to my card in February. My boss and I are absolutely livid. I have been promised twice now that people will help me resolve this issue and call me back BUT NO ONE HAS CALLED ME BACK. No one has even emailed me back. I’ve never felt so helpless. And to make matters worse, LegalZoom is fighting me on this chargebacks. DON’T use this company. I’ve never felt so wronged.

LegalZoom response

Hi Aubrey, our goal is to make every customer happy with our products and service, we clearly missed the mark this time. We really want to resolve this for you & we’re aware you haven't had the best experience thus far. Please contact us and we assure you that a manager will respond.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 8, 2019

I have had a second middle name that I have never gone by, not on my Social, not on my marriage cert, not on my military records, however in recently moving to Texas they require that whatever is on my birth cert be on my DL. So I submitted for a name change with LegalZoom to get the paperwork started. I paid the fee on Feb.22 and paid for expedited shipping of all my paperwork.

Then on Feb 25 I get an email stating additional information needed. So I called to see what the issues was and gave them all required info. Then Feb 28th I called them because my account still says “additional information needed". Then again on March 4th I get a call from a supervisor saying he apologizes for all I've gone through and that he will refund my account half (1/2) the cost. Then again on March 6th I call back because it still says additional information. I spoke to another representative and he ASSURED me the account was to be processed and a supervisor would be calling me. Well today is March 8th and they still haven’t processed my paperwork, I still haven’t received my paperwork or a refund from them. I called again today and so far I have been waiting on hold for 39 minutes for a manager who is available. I will never do business with this company again!!!

LegalZoom response

Our goal is to make every customer happy with our products and service and we clearly missed the mark this time. We will review your account in details and follow up with you directly in effort to try to make things right. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly anytime.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Tried LegalZoom to get an EIN for my new business. After a week of no news, I called to check on the order. An EIN is just a tax ID number, something that shouldn't take more than a day or two. I call and they haven't even started on the order and when asked why the reply is "I'm not sure." Never do business with LegalZoom. Scam artists that don't do their jobs.

LegalZoom response

Hi Cuinn, It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been any dissatisfaction with our service. You deserved better and we really want to try to make things right. Please contact a manager directly.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This has been the worst experience in all ways possible: customer service, financially and everything else. I can't believe this company is even allowed to operate. They are completely unethical and deceitful. Please use me and everyone else's horrible experience to prevent you from having one too. Can enough bad reviews shut them down?! I wish that was the case.

Some examples to support my case: They will pretend they are there to reach out anytime, but you can never reach the same person after speaking with them once. They will always bill the card you give them even after your businesses are dissolved. I was even lied to on the phone and via email by representatives saying my businesses weren't dissolved, when I confirmed three times with the state that they were. Even the STATE workers admitted to LegalZoom saying that to people so they could collect their money.

I could go on but I don't want to keeping dwelling on such a horrible experience, it's giving me PTSD and the money they have gotten from me makes me sick to my stomach. Over $1,000 spent with them and they still don't know how to properly treat customers or simply just be HONEST and ETHICAL. All deceitful and they will all be so nice to you on the phone pretending to help out, just to find they are really trying to ** your bank account and don't care AT ALL about customers or their businesses.

LegalZoom response

Hi Erica, we hate to hear you were/are being charged for registered agent services after the state has dissolved your business. Unfortunately, the state does not automatically notify us of any entity status changes. We're happy to review things in detail and help resolve this right away. Please contact a manager that can case manage your account.

LegalZoom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LegalZoom was established in 2001 as way to use the Internet to give more people access to legal help. The company lets customers create legal documents or have short consultations with lawyers. They offer services for both individuals and businesses.

• A la carte services: LegalZoom’s services are generally sold on an a la carte basis, so consumers only pay for the service or document they need. Each document has an accompanying fee, and there is a membership program to give subscribers access to short legal consultations.

• Satisfaction guarantee: If a customer is unsatisfied with the service they receive, LegalZoom promises to correct the problem, refund the customer’s money or provide them with a credit for another LegalZoom service.

• Consumer education: LegalZoom’s website has an extensive section devoted to educating consumers about legal matters. Articles help readers understand the difference between similar legal documents, like a living will and a medical power of attorney, as well as information about immigration, divorce and more.

• Services: LegalZoom has a wide variety of documents and services, so most consumers will find the product they need from this service. They have legal documents for both business owners and individuals.

• Social media: The company is active on social media. Consumers can follow them to see updates to services, legal news and legal tips.

• Best for: LegalZoom caters to individuals who want to handle legal matters on their own with binding documents and limited professional advice.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs