LegalZoom

Compare Legal Services

Research top Legal Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I applied for a LLC and quickly discovered that the email address that I provided was incorrect. I made the change on the website and received an email confirmation that the correct email would be used. Sadly, I never received the documents to sign to close out the LLC since they were sent to the incorrect email address multiple times. I called 5 times and sent multiple emails to get this resolved and they never sent the documents to the correct email. I wasted about 30 days on this and the frustrating part was none of my emails were answered and I was on hold an average of 45 minutes before I could speak to an agent. LegalZoom charges a premium price and I was very disappointed with their poor service!

Not extremely responsive. They weren't much help with my previous problems, and I was not happy with the work ethic. Sometimes I couldn't even get a response. Extremely slow. Imagine a turtle covered in molasses. That's pretty slow, but then put that turtle in a path of tar on a hot day. The speed literally went nowhere. Not very reliable. I had to call repeatedly and email repeatedly as well. I almost never got an answer and when I did it was a generated message that said "leave a message." Not much to work with in the ways of value. I'm not valued, they're not valued at all, and their service is of no value. It's pretty worthless all around.

I asked them advice regarding a personal matter. They ended up not being able to help me personally but to point me in the right direction. I wouldn't say that they were necessarily fast because my issue is rather complex. Every situation is different but they were efficient. Very reliable. LegalZoom has created quite a reputation for itself. With that being said, the value of information received is accurate every time which gives them a great reputation.

The people that work there are all quite friendly and professional. I always get my questions answered in a timely manner. They are very pleasant to do business with. They are very efficient at their jobs and provide quality service in a very timely manner. We were able to get all of the information that we needed well within the time frame we needed it. They are very reliable. They always called us back in the time frame they said that they would. We were able to get everything we needed done in the time frame that they quoted us. They offer great service and very competitive pricing. We were able to get everything we need done at a very fair price. I would say that all things considered that they were very valuable to our business.

The customer service was very good and explained everything to me when I needed help. They are very experienced and professional people. It took a little while but they sorted everything out and were able to help me when I needed it most. I really appreciate the patience they had with me and they were very nice. They are very reliable. I would recommend this place to other people. It was a decent price considering every other place was about two hundred dollars more than this place and they handled my situation very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

People that are always there to answer all your questions and give you the best advice and help when needed and wanted. Quick and yet efficient. Speed and service are the best of lawyers and handling legal problems of all kinds. This service will really give you a new outlook on having to deal with legal issues. Always reliable answers to even the toughest questions you have. Always honest and truthful in all areas and will never steer you in a wrong direction. You can always trust what you are told as truth. Value is tremendous and will be one that you can afford and not bankrupt you. The value is so good that it often outweighs all you have ever dealt with.

Customer service was phenomenal. Staff was well educated on the company, friendly and personable, patient, and most importantly, had convenient hours. The speed of this company was great. Not only the actual service, but the quality that came with that speed. It was nice not sitting around waiting for a service that ended up being mediocre. The reliability of this service was fantastic. It was at convenient hours, had helpful products, and an overall pleasant purpose. Customer service hours was also extremely reliable. The value of this service was the best part of my experience. A fast, reliable service that ended up being more than I hoped for.

They are very nice and very helpful. They do everything they could to take the time to answer any questions I may have had which I really liked. They made it less stressful. Got back to me in a timely matter. They work fast and do their job correctly and I really liked that about them. They care about you and your time and do what they can to help you. They are very reliable. They told me when things were going to get done and they do just that and I thought that was great and help make things much happier for me and my family. They really do value you and your time. They seem to really care and that you're not just another client but a person and I thought that was wonderful and really nice of them to care that much.

I used it for help with getting custody of my children and help in learning to file for divorce. I also used it when we were trying to get custody of my stepson. It's very useful and informative and incredibly simple to use even if you are clueless about all things legal related. It was incredibly easy and fast. When getting advice my questions were answered that day and was given a list of attorneys in my area immediately. If you need legal help I highly suggest LegalZoom if you are looking for quality service in a pinch.

Incredibly reliable. When looking for help in getting custody of my children I received excellent advice and ended up with exactly what I had walked in hoping for which was primary physical custody and joint legal custody and couldn't be happier about that all things considered. When I finally decide it is time for a divorce I intend to use LegalZoom again. Considering the amazingly low prices you get incredible services. You cannot find a greater value anywhere else besides LegalZoom. I would and have recommended LegalZoom to friends and family members for their legal questions.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LegalZoom was established in 2001 as way to use the Internet to give more people access to legal help. The company lets customers create legal documents or have short consultations with lawyers. They offer services for both individuals and businesses.

• A la carte services: LegalZoom’s services are generally sold on an a la carte basis, so consumers only pay for the service or document they need. Each document has an accompanying fee, and there is a membership program to give subscribers access to short legal consultations.
  • Satisfaction guarantee: If a customer is unsatisfied with the service they receive, LegalZoom promises to correct the problem, refund the customer’s money or provide them with a credit for another LegalZoom service.
  • Consumer education: LegalZoom’s website has an extensive section devoted to educating consumers about legal matters. Articles help readers understand the difference between similar legal documents, like a living will and a medical power of attorney, as well as information about immigration, divorce and more.
  • Services: LegalZoom has a wide variety of documents and services, so most consumers will find the product they need from this service. They have legal documents for both business owners and individuals.
  • Social media: The company is active on social media. Consumers can follow them to see updates to services, legal news and legal tips.
  • Best for LegalZoom caters to individuals who want to handle legal matters on their own with binding documents and limited professional advice.

Compare Legal Services