1.13/5

Get matched with a recommended legal service provider now

211 LegalZoom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Firstly, LegalZoom is lucky to even get the mandatory one star. After processing my order one year ago to finalize some basic legal paperwork (ie. government process and applications with nothing but straightforward paperwork), LegalZoom has continually reset the order with nothing pending from my side. Every time I call, I get the same BS responses. Spent thousands in fees with no action or outcome! They never communicate when something might 'stall' their process and have a no communication policy because that would be too hard to pick up the phone and call your customers!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I wanted to use LegalZoom and I tried to get some info to at least to join. I had no problem going to the chat room. The first customer service chat rep, Laura, would take 2 to 3 minutes to return chat. After getting incorrect information from her, I started another chat with another rep. I explained to her Laura was not knowledgeable with what she was trying to sell and in addition, she took 2 to 3 minutes to respond to each question. The next rep spent her time defending her associate, and proceeded to take at least as long, and then ended the chat. In any case I am glad they were so horrible, as I had my charge card ready to sign up, and I came upon this website with 159 1 star reviews with no positive reviews. Chalk one up for their customer service!!

Get expert buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I signed up to get an LLC package and opted for a payment plan of $136 a month over a 3 month period of time. I was charged a separate charge of $249 that I did not authorize! I made several calls and sent several emails with no response or help. I did however talk to 2 different people and was explained that it was a registered agent fee. One that’s not included in the payment plan that I agreed to and authorized! Now I was also told that $100 of that was for a business license fee from their sister company.

When I called them they told me it would cost $299 extra to get the license. All they told me was go to the tax collector's office and get it there. I was charged $100 for some stupid advice that didn’t do a thing to help as everyone knows that’s where you have to go! I told them I don’t want that service and wanted to be refunded for the charge. I also explained the basic registered agent fee would be fine but not the other stuff and I was told I had to contact the state about it!

I want my money refunded for the crap charges they fraudulently made to my account and did not authorize! I filed a complaint with the Better Business and I’m going to file a complaint with my bank and I’m going to contact the sheriff's department and report them for making fraudulent charges as well if they do not fix what they did! I clearly agreed to the 3 payments not the $249 2 days after the first payment was made!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was trying to update my mother's living trust and other legal documents. At first, everything was except I found the website cumbersome. The trouble started when I realized I needed to change the title of the trust. I was unable to do it myself online. I called customer support no less than eight times over several days. Simply put, the customer support team is incompetent. I was told that I could do it myself but the solution didn't work. I called back and was told by a helpful man that he would do it, however, that didn't work either. I called back and was disconnected on two separate occasions after being on hold for a long time and explaining my issue to numerous people. I called yet again and was told that I should be able to do it myself.

At that point, I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor who would actually know how to help me with this simple fix. They took my number and said the supervisor would call later that day. Three days later I finally received a call. Since then, I have called back six times and I have emailed twice. I have yet to receive a callback or an email. I would never, ever recommend anyone use this company. It's not worth the aggravation. I wish I had read the reviews before I gave them my money.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I began the process to set up a charitable non-profit through LegalZoom services. When I realized this was not a necessary move to provide the assistance necessary in our community I attempted to cancel their service. I had paid the initial large fee and gave them a credit card. When I called them to cancel, they said I couldn't until I contacted the IRS... I had never contacted the IRS, the Franchise Tax Board or any government entity that was the service LegalZoom was to suppose to do and they continued a monthly billing through my credit card with Chase Bank. I never asked for a refund or disputed any payment until I asked them to cancel the charge. So I cancelled it through Chase, however charges began to appear again and I called Chase back, evidently they can only "dispute" and if LegalZoom continues to send in the charges I have to pay or dispute... So now I received a notice from FTB assessing a penalty fee of $50.

I called Chase again and they put me on hold to talk to LZ then came back and said they were on hold with LZ too long so they would file another dispute... Yeh...I'm confused too. So never do business with LegalZoom. Evidently it is not a good idea to set up payments with a credit card according to Chase. It is that way everywhere and is anyone thinking about a class action suit. My attorney will be my next call... who I should have asked in the first place. What a nightmare...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I went through LegalZoom because of a referral from a friend. The company made an error and used my mailing address as my business address which I cannot use. I was transferred over the phone to multiple different people and departments until they told me that it will expire in three years and to just not use the DBA. They said they would give me some money back, they credited my card and then took the money back out. I receive threatening letters and emails over a DBA I cannot use but paid close to $400 for. Huge disappointment with very little help or guidance.

LegalZoom response

We're so sorry about your experience with LegalZoom. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. We'd like to hear more & review your account to determine how this happened and how we can try to regain your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

On 09/20 I purchased the basic LLC filing package for $314. I did not select ANY other options. On 09/22 I was charged an additional $249 for a service I did not select. On 9/29 I was charged $920 for 2 other options that I did not select, nor authorize. Also, I am unable to remove my card on file. This is completely outrageous. I have been charged over $1000 without my knowledge or authorization. Based on the other reviews I'm seeing, this is not uncommon. This is criminal behavior from an organization that supposedly "helps" you with legal matters. I want this resolved.

LegalZoom response

Hi Grayson, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding and/or dissatisfaction with our service. All charges & fees are outlined on our website, prior to purchase, and we are truly sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part. We'd like to review your account in detail & turn this experience around for the better with a resolution. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I recently applied for an LLC through LegalZoom. I have never been so disappointed in a service than I have LegalZoom. I wish I had read some of these reviews before I signed up with LegalZoom. I was hoping for an efficient, seamless process. The process has been anything but There has been almost continuous calls with customer service regarding my company name, filing status as well as duplication of emails and calls for the same issues. One instance in particular is, LegalZoom wanted me to consult my licensure board and/or a lawyer to determine if I needed to file a Professional LLC or a LLC taking 2 days longer than necessary.

They should know, after everyone they claim to have assisted what requires and what does not require a Professional LLC versus an LLC. From my understanding, the process of application through the Secretary of State, should only take 1-2 business days at the most. I am now 8 days into the process. I would recommend to anyone who needs or wants to file for an LLC, they avoid the nuisance/hassle of filing with LegalZoom and go through a lawyer's office. Just my opinion and experience.

LegalZoom response

Hi Claude, we’re really sorry you haven’t had the best experience thus far. Please keep in mind that because LegalZoom is not a law firm, we are unable to tell you everything you may need for professional LLC filing. As a result, we offer a legal plan where anyone can consult with an independent attorney to obtain specific advice. We’d like to review this further & resolve any delay issues. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My wife used their services and then they charged us $320 over and over again. Since I became aware of this they have charged us $320 SIX TIMES -- (I'm sure it's been more times, I need to call my credit card company for the past few months' statements to see how many times they have done this, they count on people not checking). Each time my wife calls and they apologize and say they will credit us and that it won't happen again. Well on my latest bill, there were THREE more of these faulty charges for $320 dollars. I'm so angry at these crooks.

LegalZoom response

Hi Craig, we are very sorry to hear this. This experience is very unusual and I'd like to assist you in finding a resolution where you are completely satisfied. Please contact a manager directly with your account information via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Constant harassing emails (threatening the IRS) and phone calls from Third Party/Connected LegalZoom telemarketers and tax accountants. When my LLC arrived at my house, the envelope was left on the sidewalk in the rain. My whole LLC package was soaked, and ruined. My payment installments have not been charged monthly and is two months behind. When I called about the harassing emails, I inquired about the payments. I was told it was something messed up in their system when they switched system programs. So instead of being charged monthly like I thought, my payments have pilled up. LegalZoom customer service is friendly, but this whole process has been a train wreck and has left me feeling stressed, and anxious with the legal zoom 1800Accountant harassing emails and phone calls. My business isn't even off the ground yet, and I'm getting sharky sales people calling me demanding business. Next time I'll go another route.

LegalZoom response

We're sorry to hear that you are not having the best experience with LegalZoom. We want to try to make it right. Please send your account information to a manager that can help resolve things via help@legalzoom.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I am involved with a group of people who unfortunately chose to use LegalZoom to form an LLC. They paid for expedited service and have gotten nothing but the runaround. Every time LegalZoom is called they claim that they have file the documents with Washington state and yet when we call the Secretary of State there is no documents that have been filed or are in the queue to be filed. After seeing all of the reviews on this website and others it makes me wonder why the Attorney General does not shut this company down as it is a scam.

LegalZoom response

Hi Steve, it is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and I'd like to assist you in finding a resolution. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND LOOKING ELSEWHERE FOR LEGAL HELP. I purchased an LLC from LegalZoom on Aug. 31st. Due to "system issues" on LegalZoom's side, I received an error message that told me my payment did not go through. However, the payment has been deducted from my bank account. I have had to make numerous phone calls- all of which have taken large chunks of time (30 mins to over an hour), emails, have provided the reference number proving payment has been made, have sent screenshots of the payment, etc. I have been run in circles, made empty promises, and have had weeks of my time wasted. I am extremely dissatisfied with LegalZoom's service. They have taken my money and have made no indication that they will be delivering my product any time soon.

LegalZoom response

Hi Caitlin, our goal is to make every customer happy with our products and service and we clearly missed the mark this time. I want to resolve this for you. Please reach out to a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com and we’ll do our very best to turn this experience around for the better.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In May I sent in my information to LegalZoom to start my LLC. I purchased the 30 day package. What a mistake. It’s now September and I still haven’t received my LLC. Three times the state has rejected the paperwork for “register agent”. I’ve called LZ numerous times and I keep getting a run around. The last call I told LZ I want a full refund. I was told I would get a return call 24-48 hours. That a manager needs to review my account and they have to call the state to cancel the order. No call back. I used this supposed service to save time. My credit card was charged $353. And the other day $159 for “register agent”. It clearly states that my card wouldn’t be charged till the paperwork was approved by the state. I’m going to my bank tomorrow and having them reverse the charges. Terrible company. I will not recommend LegalZoom.

LegalZoom response

Hi Lynda, we couldn’t be more apologetic about your experience thus far. Things usually go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. We really want to make this right as soon as possible. Please send your complaint & account information directly to help@legalzoom.com. We assure you a manager will review this right away & respond.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Purchased LLC from Legal Zoom. Just the LLC - nothing else. Then I received several telemarketing calls. Every day. The unethical part was they took 320.00 out of my checking w/o permission. Called the number and a high-pressured salesperson would not answer who authorized the withdraw, he just continued to tell me of the wonderful services I would get. I finally had to get rude and demand the money be put back in my checking. You would think a company with legal knowledge would know you cannot take money out of an account without authorization.

LegalZoom response

Hi Shelly, we're very sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. All subscriptions we offer are optional and only billed if the option is selected. We apologize for any misunderstanding and for your initial experience when calling. We’re happy you were able to resolve things. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased a standard business name using LegalZoom. Not because it was a difficult process but because I thought it would save me time. I was wrong about that. Every other day I was getting emails telling me that action was required. I had to call them and wait on hold for up to 1 hour to be told about issues that we already discussed. After finally getting the documents to sign I sit there for at least ten minutes reading them. The instructions clearly say DO NOT alter anything on these pages. Just sign and return. So I do. Held up again. An hour on the phone and another week past. They tell me I did not fill out a form and I need to resend. Enough for me. Requested a refund. So it turns out this is NOT a helpful service and in fact, I would have spent less time if and money if I would have done it myself.

LegalZoom response

Hi Kurt, it's important to us to try and correct the situation when a customer feels there has been a misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product at LegalZoom. We’re sorry you didn’t have the best experience and we’d like to hear more about how things could have been improved. Please feel free to contact us via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I signed up for LegalZoom on August 15 and I am still getting the runaround with them after they incorrectly filled out the DocuSign document for my business, asking me repeatedly to sign for someone else. What kind of legal advice is that? I had to insist that I would not sign for someone else’s name and under a title I do not have (registered agent). After they finally believed me that they had filled out the electronic signature line incorrectly, they decided to make me do more work (again). Instead of correcting the DocuSign document, they attached it to an email for me to print, sign, scan and return.

I just moved and this is not an easy endeavor. It also represents more of my time. I have called at least six times in three days and wasted almost two hours of my time and they continue not to solve the problem. Calling in to speak with a manager will get you nowhere. I was actually told just now that there is no manager to speak to. They don’t take calls. I am not the kind of customer to make a complaint. I don’t think I ever have before. Honestly, I suspect LegalZoom is a complete scam.

LegalZoom response

Hi Marcella, we really apologize for the poor experience you’ve had thus far. Your comments are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Please be reassured that we will review our operations and determine where improvements need to be made. Please contact help@legalzoom.com and we assure you a manager will respond with a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Here are the issues. Not one email to me. Yes, I checked my spam. I look into it. My will was stopped due to errors. I called LegalZoom. I get rudely transferred to "personal service dept". I ask for a call back. They never called back. Next Day, same call to LegalZoom. Put on extended wait. Check the reviews on LegalZoom. Found out it's owned by a Gang of Chimpanzees and a big rat. I posted for a refund on my credit card to escape the madness. Bye LegalZ... I'm zooming away... forevers.

LegalZoom response

We couldn’t be more apologetic about your experience. Things usually go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. If you’d like to discuss this further, please reach out to manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We ordered 3 foreign status products and they screwed up 2 of them. In one case, they actually filed us as a domestic entity in the state and they never caught it. So if you're OK with a 33% rate, good luck. Enjoy being routing through their support team until you give up.

LegalZoom response

Hi Rhett, we try to do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. We’d like to learn more about your concerns and try to turn things around for the better. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Like I said, my whole intention in hiring this people was having peace of mind so I could run my new online business without any worries. Although the service was gonna be a little bit expensive, who cares? I was confident that it was gonna be for the best and I signed the agreement. I started getting notifications about my business status and everything was happiness, but then out of the sudden today my account was negative and it was charged for two transactions of $320!!! I NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS PURCHASE!!! WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

LegalZoom response

Hi Luis, we're very sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. If you specified you did not want to participate in our subscription plans, we would like an opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We started our business using LegalZoom and the registered agent. We tried to cancel the registered agent via their website and by phone. We filed through our Secretary of State’s office with our own registered agent. LegalZoom charged $159 to an expired credit card. Do they keep someone on staff to crunch numbers and figure out new expiration dates? WE DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEIR TRANSACTION!

LegalZoom response

Hi Richard, we’re very sorry about this experience. Unfortunately the state doesn’t automatically notify us of changes to your entity. We want to resolve this for you. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased a name change packet for $140. It seemed very detailed and complete when I received it. I was instructed to fill out forms, make copies and deliver them to my local probate court. I did not need to make copies. When I got to probate court they said they weren't the correct forms and I had to fill out more. I then paid an additional $170 to the court. I wish I would've just gone to the court and saved my money. The rest of the information they sent is easily accessible online. I will never use this company again. I considered them for an LLC but won't do it after this experience.

LegalZoom response

Hi Linda, it's important to us to try and correct the situation when a customer feels there has been a misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product at LegalZoom. We would like to research the details of your account further & try our best to turn this experience around. Please contact help@legalzoom.com for further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

After waiting nearly 60 days, my LLC is back in review with the state and LegalZoom decided to charge me $150 to be my agent. I most certainly did not want them to be my agent and definitely didn't sign them up to be my agent. When I called customer service he said they auto populate for themselves to be your agent, even though I distinctly remember marking myself as the agent. Good job LegalZoom, you snaked me for an extra $150. Future services will be provided to me by someone else and whenever anyone asks me about a service to use, you are on the do not use list.

LegalZoom response

Hi Jeremy, LegalZoom does not auto-populate our registered agent service. Our online questionnaire specifically outlines the option to choose LegalZoom or name another agent by clicking the appropriate box for your election. If other agent information is provided, your documents are prepared using that agent information & you are not billed for our services. We apologize for any misunderstanding & we’d like to resolve this as soon as possible. Please contact a manager via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am in the process of opening a small business LLC and thought LegalZoom would help make this process easier, but I was wrong. I could not believe how many times they charged my card without warning after the initial fee that I approved. Just today, I was charged $640 for unknown services. You do not get any notifications before being charged, you do not get an e-mail or a phone call for the reason you are being charged $640. I will be disputing the charges with my credit card. DO NOT TRUST LEGALZOOM.

LegalZoom response

Hi, it sounds as if you may have elected a legal plan service which is outlined in our online questionnaire and explained as a 30 day trial that renews if not cancelled prior to the renewal term. We're very sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. If you specified you did not want to participate in the subscription plan, that's our mistake and we would like an opportunity to make things right. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

When I set up my LLC, LZ offered RA services I thought as a convenience. Now I can't get rid of it because of an "auto renew" feature I can't deactivate in my account profile. They are hounding me like a delinquent account even though I am refusing and rejecting the service. Very unsettling and not sure if LZ is on my side, a real conflict of interest between their billing and my preferences.

LegalZoom response

Hi Julian, we're sorry to hear you aren't having the best experience with cancelling your agent subscription and we are happy to resolve things. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Worst experience ever. Smooth part was how fast and accurately the charged my credit card. That was about the only part of the process they got right. Phone support totally uninformed and prepared to help. No email or call back from J ** who was real helpful until transaction cleared bank. Won't use or recommend ever.

LegalZoom response

We try to do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. We’d like to learn more about your concerns and try to turn things around for the better. Please contact a manger directly via help@legalzoom.com. We’ll answer any of your questions or concerns.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I paid for their best plan for the start-up of an LLC... Boy did they totally screw that up with my state. I canceled my request after a week and a half because nothing was getting done. Come to find they said that they were waiting on a contractor's code to complete. They did not call or email me for this information, just sat on it. Once I canceled the order, I am still waiting (which has now been 2 weeks and still waiting) for my business name to be released from my state. If I would have files my LLC with my accountant, it would have literally taken 24 hours to complete. Incompetent is all I can say. LegalZoom is costing a lot of business with their delays. The only thing I can say is that I am going to have to sue LegalZoom for loss of business for a simple 15 minute draft and email this to my state, less than 30 minutes of total work.

LegalZoom response

Hi Jeremy, it's important to us to try and correct the situation when a customer feels there has been a misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product at LegalZoom. We’d like an opportunity to review your account & try to help. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Four months back I used LegalZoom to start a LLC. They uploaded my compliance calendar with wrong dates for which I had to pay penalty to the Tax Board. When I informed LegalZoom about that misinformation, they simply denied their liability towards the issue. It seems the dates that are used in compliance calendar/alerts are insubstantial. Really, are we talking of professionalism here?? Also, they are my registered agents. I now know that I have wasted hundreds of dollars on LegalZoom. This company has no professional integrity. So, please beware!!

LegalZoom response

Hi Debannita, we're truly sorry about what occurred with your compliance calendar and with your customer care experience. We’d like to try to make things right. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I used LegalZoom to help start an LLC as the all the different options were confusing. Upon starting with their services they provide a few different Tiers of service. I went with an upper level one thinking they would provide a great service. How wrong I was. First they give out my contact information to a company known as 1-800-Accountants. They start hounding me trying to get me to sign a $1800 a year accounting service. I had to block their number. I then start receiving spam email from many other companies stating they are "partnered with LZ".

Finally, the higher Tier has many options that you have to actively call to cancel. Months of calling in to cancel services I never wanted. I unchecked every box possible and still they keep assigning services. I finally called in for another charge and told them I didn't authorize the charge. The tech on the phone just says "Well, it was part of some gold package and it is clear as day." I can now see how this company is getting 1-star reviews. I will not use their services again, and I will recommend to everyone, that they avoid and find a proper company or attorney to work with, as it will cost less and you will work with ACTUAL professionals.

LegalZoom response

Hi Joseph, we couldn’t be more apologetic about your experience. Things usually go more smoothly and I apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. We’d like to review your account in full detail and help resolve things as soon as possible. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Their system glitched as I filled a patent. I had to call 7 times over 2 weeks to figure out if anything was being done. In the meantime my card was charged the first day and the 3rd party that handles their patents was awaiting my patent information. The lapse in time is holding back my company from developing packaging and bringing product to market.

I told a representative how disappointed I was with the lack of service and hoped they would be able to offer a promotion or discount in good faith I'd use their services again. The representative's manager denied offering me anything to help rekindle faith in their services. Please, for your own good find another service provider other than LegalZoom! I'm blown away they would "shoot themselves in the foot" like this, as I let them know, I used to recommend their services perhaps 2-3x a week; not anymore!!!

LegalZoom response

Hi Shea, we try to do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. You deserved better & we’d like to learn more about your concerns so we can try to turn things around. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Purchased basic LLC document, $204, paid with a credit card and received an email indicating a paid in full balance. I then immediately canceled subscription. Two days later they charged my card for $159.00 for a "registered agent". When I called to complain they said they would clear off the "registered agent" for a fee of $300.00!!! The creep on the phone could not have been more rude. Called my credit card company and denied charge and am going to call business regulations in CA.

LegalZoom response

We truly apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding. Our registered agent service only as an option to our business customer and all fees are outlined in the questionnaire, order review prior to payment and your order confirmation receipt. We like to review your account and determine how we can help resolve things right away. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

LegalZoom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LegalZoom was established in 2001 as way to use the Internet to give more people access to legal help. The company lets customers create legal documents or have short consultations with lawyers. They offer services for both individuals and businesses.

• A la carte services: LegalZoom’s services are generally sold on an a la carte basis, so consumers only pay for the service or document they need. Each document has an accompanying fee, and there is a membership program to give subscribers access to short legal consultations.

• Satisfaction guarantee: If a customer is unsatisfied with the service they receive, LegalZoom promises to correct the problem, refund the customer’s money or provide them with a credit for another LegalZoom service.

• Consumer education: LegalZoom’s website has an extensive section devoted to educating consumers about legal matters. Articles help readers understand the difference between similar legal documents, like a living will and a medical power of attorney, as well as information about immigration, divorce and more.

• Services: LegalZoom has a wide variety of documents and services, so most consumers will find the product they need from this service. They have legal documents for both business owners and individuals.

• Social media: The company is active on social media. Consumers can follow them to see updates to services, legal news and legal tips.

• Best for: LegalZoom caters to individuals who want to handle legal matters on their own with binding documents and limited professional advice.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs