2. Invention and Patent Services

4.1/5 (333 ratings)

About InventHelp

InventHelp helps people patent and market their invention ideas to companies. InventHelp can assist you with pitching your ideas to retailers or obtaining a licensing deal. The company can also refer you to a lawyer for a preliminary patentability search and opinion. Other services include creating videos with 3D renderings and as well as 3D prototype model packages with professional sketching and illustration.

Pros

• 3D prototyping services
  • Confidentiality agreements
  • More than 60 offices nationwide
  • Patent referrals

Cons

• No legal services
  • No pricing information

Bottom Line

InventHelp creates 3D prototyping and animation for your invention. It helps you market your idea to companies and find an attorney if you need a patent. The company has local offices throughout the U.S.

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

InventHelp's staff is polite and informative. They are also not promising you the world. It's more just reality-based and being very straightforward about the process which have been nice. But, having more frequent communication like staying abreast with timelines and expectations would also be nice. Other than that, we're very satisfied with what's been going on. It's been what we expected--no big turns or surprises.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

One day, I had an idea. I went to InventHelp to go check on it and I got started with them. My rep was Julio and he was pretty awesome. He told me what they could do and what they were capable of doing. He explained how processes went and was very supportive. He listened to me, heard my idea, and we went from there. I'd tell someone who has an idea to take it to InventHelp and Julio. InventHelp is a great company to go through. They'd do everything that they can to help. I have 100 percent confidence in them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I'm very happy with InventHelp. Their staff has been great. I've been very impressed with how they keep me informed, what they're doing and when they're gonna do it, and then they pretty much do it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have been very happy with everything about InventHelp. I met with one of their reps and she was very professional and helpful throughout the process. It was also very easy to get a hold of her. We are still in the process but their service has been very good so far. They went above and beyond to help me with some other questions I had. I am very satisfied.

Resolution response: Jan. 18, 2019

The problem has been resolved. Thank You

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

SCAM ALERT! Watch out for this hoax... I signed up with InventHelp in late 2017 & then rollercoaster of false hopes & crappy low budget services began. They know every trick in the book to hook you & then take your money. My biggest mistake I made was not researching the massive amount of lawsuits against InventHelp that have been filed over the years, not to mention the scam alert pages & news reports found online pointing to InventHelp's tricks in their billion dollar industry. I called client services to request canceling my account & the first person hung up on me, I called back & then second person claimed to be a supervisor & said, "well your contract is being met, so low performance doesn't constitute canceling"...

I responded, "I never said it was performing low, you just did, I said I want to cancel" - She says, "you can't as per your contract"... "So then who should my lawyer contact after I'm done leaving bad reviews, & submitting a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission?" She responded - "Well that department isn't available right now"... Really? They're not available? Okay, so I asked, "You can't leave me a name & contact information for anyone? "- She says "no, sorry not at this time" ... Client services is obviously just a call center & can't help you with anything. InventHelp hooks you good... Drags you along with a lot of crappy submission paperwork they send to you once a month or so stringing you along until your contract is up... The patent attorneys they use are offered at a discount so you only use their people to give you more false hope.

They do little research to tell you if your invention is actually producible, let alone profitable. The only one making a profit off ideas & inventions is InventHelp... They got the best idea of them all. Scamming would-be inventors! Do your research online & don't believe the captivating offers they promise you. It's all manufactured to hook you & get you to sign... If you have a real idea, make it yourself & pitch it yourself to manufacturers... Not salespeople who get paid a big commission when you sign on the dotted line!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

InventHelp really helped. I went there on the 12th of June, and they asked me to narrate what I wanted to invent. After 45 minutes to one hour, he said that it was good and that I should pay for the patent search. I didn't have any money, so I went to my car and searched. I found a credit card in my name, which I used to redeem $960 for the patent search. When the info on the patent search arrived, he called and told me to file for the patent license. I asked him to give me a discount because it was a big amount of money and it was not from my own money that I earned on my job. And he said, “Okay, $15,000.”

After signing all the documents, he said that their hands were off my case and it was already between me and the lawyer in Florida, and I should respond to anything that the lawyer needed from me. Then I talked to somebody from the Pennsylvania office, and they said that my stuff was being worked on. When I went there, they did the adjustment of my invention. That one is sent on the mail so that I can sign it and move forward. And so far, I'm satisfied with InventHelp until I get my patent right.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Dealing with InventHelp was amazing. It was professional and productive. They told me about the program and they analyzed it. They defined the steps and resources, and the process was very good. I already recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I put in an idea to InventHelp and they sent a letter to a possible investor and possible clients. I strongly believed that my idea would sell but it has been five months that I have heard nothing about it other than that they sent the letters to people. Then after that, I heard absolutely nothing and I felt like I was just on the side. I'm making my payments and nothing is happening. I wish somebody would try to sell it or do something.

When I talked to Brian, the rep, he helped me a lot to be a little more patient. I understand partly that no one has answered my letter but then, I wished they were a little more aggressive. I spoke to Brian about it. He said they sent the letter then went back and tried to check on people to see what they thought but there was no answer at all. Not even one "No" or one "Okay." I wish that if they saw it, they thought of other things. I wish someone was pushing a little bit more to make them see the idea and more people would read it or see it and consider it. My experience with Brian has been amazing and he returned my calls but I feel disappointed with their customer service. When I call the people at client services, they just read their notes. They just do their job and they were not involved but I am still waiting and hoping for something to happen.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If you stole a white car and painted it red, would the red car belong to you? No. Invent help steals your inventions by calling them a different name and believes that they have not stolen them? They believe that your invention renamed belongs to them for their profit. This company has a bad reputation after doing this enough times to clients. Well this is in reality - this is grand theft larceny. People who steal cars go to jail so should people who steal inventions go to jail.

Resolution response: May 2, 2019

When I put my initial review and put a claim with the BBB it was because I wasn’t getting any feedback or any results from the company. After that, someone contacted me from InventHelp, and we were able to come to an amicable agreement. She helped me rectify the problem/situation I was having with them. I am satisfied with them right now and hope it continues that way.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My experience with this SCAM company is terrible! They tell you all the things you want to hear, to get your money. And then they sit back and do nothing. It's a racket plan and simple! Other than drawing up a elementary school level sketch of my product, they virtually didn't do anything that was promised! I'm going to seek legal action! I want to give negative 5 stars.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Drew is our local InventHelp guy and he's a charm. Another guy named Tim works there and another was in graphics, and both responded quick and professionally and did a very good job. The help I got from the video and the brochure were very good too. However, I was a little bit shocked that I have a patent for golf and InventHelp didn’t have a lot of the big manufacturers on their list, but I've been working with Drew and somebody else. We listed the ones they like, and now they've reached out to it. Most people go through InventHelp. A lot of the big companies don’t want to agree to get on because they may be working on the same thing.

Also, with all the numbers that InventHelp calls out, the reps ought to get their title on there. That way, people will know who's calling because most people who see a number like that just block it off. A lot of InventHelp's representatives call with so many different numbers and it would be a good idea.to have InventHelp as who's calling from. But I'm very happy with InventHelp.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was impressed with the way InventHelp and I liked the attitude. Their reps have taken care of all my questions and the projects we got going are moving ahead. Everything is good so far and everything is going the way we've talked about it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I saw InventHelp on TV and Paul, the rep from their Michigan office convinced me to go with their company. The reps were very professional, answered anything I wanted in full and I'm very glad that I went with them. I asked them to change the brochure a little bit, the rep handled it very well. When the copy of the brochure came to the house, it was exactly what we talked about over the phone.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

These people wanted $10k to start out to help with my product. I even made an operational model. The man told me at the Arlington Texas location it was a great idea and they could help... For $10k then right at a year later I started seeing my exact product advertised. He also told me it would take approximately a year to get it into production... Imagine that I seen it one year later... they want money and will steal your ideas. DON'T DO IT!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

In my experience with InventHelp it is a money grab with nothing to show for it. No proof that the services you are paying for are actually happening. No confidentiality agreement signed in order to protect your invention from intellectual property theft. If you want to throw your money to the wind... InventHelp is the place to go.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My experience is seeing results. I believe that people can work through barriers. My invention should be all over the world. I'm waiting to see the results and not just conversation. We will see if more than pushing button and checking a site get results.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have a new invention and I am researching what to do. I am looking at the InventHelp stats and success rates which by law are suppose to be available annually. All I can find is 2007 to 2017. Out of 5336 clients only 86 got a licensed agreement. Worse only 27 out of the 86 made more than they paid for services therefore more than broke even. What??? 27 people out of 5336 made some money. How much money??? 100 or 200 dollars overpaying for the services? It doesn't say. This is a failure rate of .005 which means basically if you go to InventHelp, you have almost zero rate of return. Where does the money go if not to clients. Let me guess. George Foreman??

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I've known about InventHelp for a long time and my interactions with their reps have all been positive. They've been really nice and interested in helping me. Signing up was easy. The experience has been exciting and I'm liking it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

After I saw InventHelp's commercial with George Foreman when I was watching TV, I had an idea and I looked for their office. Their rep, Jeff, has been a good person and he’s been helping me and I’m very happy with his work. Any question and any doubt that I got, I just call him and he’s willing to help me and to advise me. This is my first project and I got a few more. I got a very good idea with cars and I wanna go ahead and do that one, but Jeff said we gotta do them one step at a time. Also, I wanna go ahead and finish this project because I wanna add some features to the idea that I got. I talked to Jeff and I told him I wanna make this idea better once we’ve patented it, but he tells me that we should wait a little bit. I’m satisfied and I’m really pleased with InventHelp.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My experience with InventHelp was great and they were so easy to work with. However, I did not understand what I was doing. Here in Orange County, Jim was my connection. Jim and co. did everything and I had gotten an excellent report back. He handed me this hardback book and on the front, it said, “InventHelp.” I thought it was the story of InventHelp and didn’t read it for five years.

Life went on for me and I have a lot of inventions now. One day, my husband asked why don’t I do the first invention so I went to get the book and opened it up. The whole thing was about my product, how great it was, that there's nothing like it on the planet and that if I develop it, InventHelp could recommend a person to sell it to. I had gotten all excited and I was gonna do it. It really took time and I ended up homeless, but I called InventHelp just recently and asked them for a copy.

I found someone quite by accident who was going to build it. She was a representative of Closet World. She was designing shelves and a closet for my house. I said that I know they're the designer and I asked if they manufacture. She said yes. I said I have a product I invented and showed her that book. She said they could do that and that she'll take the book to Closet World. I gave her the book and she disappeared. I think she wants to steal my product because I called Closet World and she doesn’t work there anymore. She doesn’t realize I have the original contract with InventHelp. She may try, but I have the real thing. Meanwhile, I'm moving ahead and developing, and I have a contractor who has been helping me build it and get it out there. Recently, I was invited to go to Daymond John’s team to develop my product.

I want that product developed and out there marketed. InventHelp said that if I can bring the cost under $140, I could sell for $600, which is a nice profit. I've modified it and I can make it under that. Also, I wrote to InventHelp and said to please put the name of the product of whoever was inventing something on the front of the book so that the inventor would realize that it was about them, not InventHelp. This company has been the best.

No response received
Original review: July 19, 2018

We have been with InventHelp for about 18 months. We have not seen any results and we are not even sure if they are trying to have our invention picked up by a company. They asked me to do a commercial with George Foreman. They wanted me to go on T.V. saying how they have helped me with my invention. Well that would be a lie. So of course I did not do it. My experience overall has not been positive and think that it’s a waste of money.

No response received
Original review: June 28, 2018

We met with a man at InventHelp in Houston, Texas. The building had seen better days. The office looked like it was just moved into very quickly without unpacking. It was dark, dirty and very unnerving. I automatically did not trust these people. The man we met with wanted very detailed descriptions of our invention, in writing. He wanted my husband to fill out an invention description, including a drawing. This man also took notes as my husband told him about the invention. RED FLAG! We did not fill this out. A few months later my husband invention is now in use. STOLEN BY INVENTHELP, HOUSTON, TEXAS. Do not get let these crooks screw you in the **, because they will.

No response received
Original review: June 12, 2018

I must say this is the most disappointed I have ever been in a company. I paid 730$ for something that looks like it was written by a middle school C average student. I am embarrassed to even show my book to anyone. Please don’t get scammed. Find your own way. They are a waste of time and don’t tell you about the final fee till after you waste your money already.

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

The company has a quick response for my complaint and they found out what is the problem and they fix it in a very professional way. My recommendation is take your time with the sales rep and understand what they are offer and how can they help you, It is a good start if you don't know from where you start from.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I started with this company in December 2016, first the sales person he will not give you an accurate information, he will try to attract you and get you money. When he success to get the first 1000$, and make a nice book for your patent, then he will convince you to go to phase 2 to get your $12000. Then you will start follow up with them. Every time you will speak with different person, no one responsible to your project. They just give you some information to calm down and you don’t feel your money is gone!!! In the end you will pay over $13000 for work not worth $1000.

Resolution response: June 9, 2018

I did get a call from corporate to resolve the initial complaint in contract.

Original review: June 4, 2018

This company did not even meet their responsibilities in the initial 2 year contract. I did get an attorney involved but decided the contract was almost up so I would deal with it until May. I expressed written consent that I no longer wished to use their services and did not want to renew my contract as instructed in the initial contract. I hate when companies make you jump through hoops in order to keep from renewing but I did so and yet they are still charging me. This company was the worst thing that ever happened. I suggest if anyone ever wants to patent an idea to just go directly to a patent attorney.

Resolution response: May 30, 2018

They provided me with a 5 star service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I interviewed at the Boca Raton office and presented one of my seven different inventions, after a few weeks of back and forward E.mails and phone calls I gave in and paid them $890 to start the process. Little did I know I was being robbed by these delinquents, CROOKS, CONVICTED FELONS, WRONGDOER, CRIMINALS at the Boca Raton office. They just robbed me of my hard earn money and never did anything regarding my invention. I contacted the office of the general counsel in Washington DC to repost InventHelp, but, could not get the right person. DO NOT do any business with them anywhere in the USA, they are all the same. Your invention will not make it out their offices. They are just going to steal your hard earn money like they did to me.

Then after I wrote a Google review on InventHelp, some lady from their office called me and asked me to take my review out. I said I will do it if I get a full refund of my money. She said InventHelp will send me a letter on the mail stating my conversation I had with the lady representative of InventHelp for me to sign it and send it back and I will get a full refund of my money. That was about 4 months ago and I have not heard anything back from InventHelp. DO NOT MAKE the same mistake I made, They will steal your money just like they did to me and hundreds of other inventors that have not complaint about InventHelp stealing their money.

Look their names up. They all have been convicted of different crimes.

Resolution response: June 9, 2018

On 2015 I started my journey with my invent with the help of Aaron ** (from InventHelp). This company help me to make the first steps on investigations about my invention and tell me about the packages that they have to help me to get my patent and post my invention on different invention fairs. Of course the packages have different prices but the company has affordable payment plans for your convenience. Two year later with their assistance I will get my patent soon. They have an excellent customer service, they always return my calls and try to resolve any issue with respect and consideration. They have an incredible staff.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On 2015 I give to InventHelp $5000. Then I was paying $289.21 every single month until I realized that this organization was doing NOTHING for my invent and actually the Attorney that they designed to process my Patent was asking me for the fees of the UNITED STATE PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE and other cost. At the end of 2016 I couldn't continued making the payments and they just was calling me for payment request but never for result of any managing of my idea.

After two year send to the attorney money every single time that they asking for just one payment was late and they sent me a Notice of abandonment. And today the big question is: about the $5000 plus of the payments of $289.21 monthly, where did the money go??? Please don't let they trick you. You can do it for yourself. Just call the USPTO direct Toll-Free: 800-786-9199. or visit www.uspto.gov. Is free and they can help you better. Patent your product for yourself and them looking for a marketing company that help you.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We’ve met face-to-face with Jim and Carol from InventHelp here in the Seattle office and they were brilliant. I first met them the first week of October and with them in sales, I cannot fault their enthusiasm, friendliness and helpfulness. They have been amazing and really good. I've had to get in contact with InventHelp a few times when we were getting our initial paperwork and video done. It seems that they needed to actually speak to somebody and describe the invention to them so they can get the final draft down, the paperwork and video that was needed. I’m very happy with the experience but I don't think they’re following up on things that they were supposed to follow up on, and it seems to be taking a little bit too long. Still, I would tell others to give InventHelp a shot. It's extremely expensive to do it, but if they've got something worthwhile and they're very passionate about their invention, then they should go for it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My partner and I did some research then investigated InventHelp and decided to go with them. The rep was a sweetheart to work with. She answered the questions that we had and if she didn't have the answers, she would find them for us. Every time we called her and she was out, she'd call right back too and it's been good.

We've had a great experience with InventHelp. It cost more money than I thought it was going to, but we've got everything up and running. It's a window box for cats where they go in and it's like a little condo for them. We've already got the video that they sent us of the cat box and we're waiting on the on the prototype now. We got this guy that's working and the next step is to go to all these trade shows, and I'm excited to get somebody that's interested in it and to go forward. We've been working on this project for a couple of years already and we'd like to really start making some money if we could. But everything seems to work fine with InventHelp and we had no problems. Additionally, we have another invention that we're going to be working on with InventHelp in the near future.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've been accessing InventHelp’s website for the last 15 years and my experience with them has been great so far. I submitted my invention in November last year and it has been established and accepted. The draft has been adopted and the information has been sent out to various manufacturers. They gave me an account number to call. They also called me and let me know the process. They sent me a letter on all the processes and how far the processes were gonna take. Toni, my rep, also called all the prospective investors. What's neat about it was when you send your information to the lawyers, they'll tell you more or less if it's going to become looked at, acceptable, and out in the market. If it's not, they tell you. So it's not like you're spending your bills or wasting your money. I took too long to forward my invention. I wish I did it earlier.

If my friends ask about InventHelp, I would tell them to do their research and make sure they go to the correct organization. Also, not to go ahead and do it on their own because it takes a lot of time. I tried to go to the patent company and they give you so much information. You also gotta go visiting and see the manufacturer development. It took too much of my time and I don't have that. Also, I'm not a rich man to be able to do that. And that's what InventHelp does. They go ahead and they do all that research for you because they've been at it for the last 30 years.

InventHelp Company Information