2. Invention and Patent Services

4.1/5 (333 ratings)

About InventHelp

InventHelp helps people patent and market their invention ideas to companies. InventHelp can assist you with pitching your ideas to retailers or obtaining a licensing deal. The company can also refer you to a lawyer for a preliminary patentability search and opinion. Other services include creating videos with 3D renderings and as well as 3D prototype model packages with professional sketching and illustration.

Pros

• 3D prototyping services
  • Confidentiality agreements
  • More than 60 offices nationwide
  • Patent referrals

Cons

• No legal services
  • No pricing information

Bottom Line

InventHelp creates 3D prototyping and animation for your invention. It helps you market your idea to companies and find an attorney if you need a patent. The company has local offices throughout the U.S.

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: March 8, 2019

I saw InventHelp on TV and heard about George Foreman and all this other stuff. The person was saying, "If you have an idea, give this place a call." So, I called the number. To get started, I had to pay money. I drove down to Lancaster and spoke to Brett. I told him what my idea was. And from there, he showed me how much the total price would be in order to patent the idea or get it out there to see if people would be interested in it. It was 600 something dollars. And I had to pay $170 something and from there, send them $460. So, it basically looked like it costs a lot of money.

Then from there, Brett told me I need to pay $3,000 or $11,000. Once I paid that, they're supposed to be going to Las Vegas, Nevada or somewhere and try to see who would be the best person to help produce that idea that I had. Brett also said he has over 1,000 different companies that believe they could make this device that I’m talking about. He also told me that the device would run anywhere from $70 to $90 in price, as far as what the customer would pay for stuff like this. So, it's like he's telling me there’s a good chance that I’m getting the device out there. It's just a matter of me having the money and me putting the money down.

So far, the experience makes me nervous because my wife's nervous too. We're struggling with money as it is and then InventHelp is talking about a total of $11,000. And my wife has told me that one of her friends tried to do it in Allentown and it took about $4,000 in trying to do their idea. However, things fell through and they didn't get any of their money back. They were out of $4,000 in total. I told my wife that InventHelp's rep told me there's a good chance my idea could work. But, she said that there's also a big chance that it couldn't work and we don’t have money like that to throw out the window.

I haven’t heard too much from InventHelp too. I’ve been calling them, and one time, I even called down to Lancaster. One of InventHelp's people told me there’s no such thing as InventHelp in Lancaster County. I even told the rep I was just down there. I know it's an InventHelp number because their rep called me on my phone with that number. Other than that, some of their reps have been good.

InventHelp response

We clarified with our client that we provide our services in two distinct phases. This particular client purchased the first stage of our services; our Basic Information Package (BIP). The BIP assembles basic information about an invention, idea, concept or new product and the history of its development in a report format. A primary purpose of the BIP is that is becomes a handy reference tool for the inventor or others interested in the invention.

Original review: March 7, 2019

It's been good with InventHelp. Their reps Jim and Carol have been wonderful. From the first meeting, we signed forms and got started. Jim explained ahead of time how long it would take for each thing to get processed. They also answer all my questions, check on things and help me with editing. They’re pretty easy to get in contact with too. They call me right back if they're not available at the moment. Right now, we're in the process where the information is being revised to go out to companies.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I'm satisfied with InventHelp's service. It’s been some time since I got started with them and I've given them a couple of ideas. So far, at least one was outright rejected and we’re working on one. They're presenting my ideas to companies to bid on right now. To let me know how things are going, they send me a list of places they sent my information for bids. I get along with their reps well, too. When I have questions or concerns, I usually get a secretary that leaves a message for them to get back to me. Sometimes, it takes the rep a couple of minutes or a day or two to get them back to me, depending on where he is or what he's doing.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My mom saw one of InventHelp's commercials on TV and since I did not know of any other company that could help me in the same way, I signed up with them. I did it online and the next day, I got a phone call. To get started, I had to come in for an appointment and sign some papers and a couple of handouts. I also got a handout that outlines the timeline and how long each step usually takes. It was explained to me what happens with each stage too. Currently, I’m to the point where my invention’s being put onto pamphlets and so far, everything looks great. The quality of the work is just excellent. They’re also gonna be starting the phase of going to companies soon.

Additionally, Brett, the representative who helped me, was amazing and very professional. He answered my questions thoroughly. He made a lot of phone calls to check with me throughout the time which was very helpful and nice. It usually takes him the next day at most to get back to me. He was also trying to make sure that I stayed realistic in the whole situation and at each step. He always made sure that if I was getting too excited, he'd tell me that we still got a couple of things to do, and I really appreciated that he wasn’t selling me false hopes and dreams. I would definitely recommend InventHelp.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My husband saw InventHelp on TV and they were the only ones we looked at. I spoke with Aaron originally and explained to him about the product. We got the process started by them calling us up and asking us some questions. They said somebody would call us back. A few weeks later, somebody called us and made an appointment for us to meet. I brought our idea and gave it to them. We looked over some papers and signed them. Then, I applied for a patent and they said that the process would start. They gave us a lot of details on many of the steps.

Then, a few weeks ago, I got some papers that I went over and changed some of the verbiages on explaining about my product and I sent it back. They went over it and sent me some more, which I went over. I changed a couple of things and signed them. They have them now and so far, I have not received the patent yet. InventHelp’s reps are very easy to contact. I can call or email them. Aaron also calls me every once in a while, to find out where I am, and if I'm happy with what's going on. I am very satisfied with their service so far. We gave the money for the patent and they're working on that. They are working on some papers that would go to companies explaining about it too. We're also going to where they meet with a lot of companies that come and see what people have offered.

Original review: March 3, 2019

InventHelp is the most well-known and I've heard a lot of great things about this company. I googled them out and I called and got the number. Once I gave them my information, I was given a call by a representative who explained the whole process to me. Then I met with my local regional sales representative. My partner, who is my brother, and I started explaining but then he told us to sign before we do any of that. First things first. We signed the confidentiality agreement and then we presented our idea. Then he pretty much explained the process and anything they offered. He had all the paperwork and was very thorough. But he didn't give us a recommendation if we should do it or not. That was completely up to us and once we had everything, we decided to move forward with our invention idea.

We were initially dealing with Matthew but then he quit his job or something. He just disappeared. He was replaced by Aaron and he was probably the best representative I have dealt with so far. At first, I probably had a billion questions but Aaron 100% answered all our questions very thoroughly. He's also very patient and it's very easy to get ahold of him. He even answered the call on the first time I called him. If he did miss the call, he called me back immediately. He has exceeded all my expectations and I can't say enough how helpful he was.

That man definitely deserves a promotion. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be where we are today. So I'm 100% satisfied with my regional sales representative, Aaron. I've also received my research book and I was very impressed with all the research and work that InventHelp had done for me up to this point. Everything they told me they would do, they have done and I can't wait to move forward with them.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My husband inquired with InventHelp and interacted with their rep Annette who was awesome. Thus far, our experience with InventHelp has been great. We are very satisfied and would recommend them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

You have to pay the fee to start the ball rolling at InventHelp. Right now, I'm on patent pending. The rep I worked with was easy to get in contact with. He is also very knowledgeable. I’m satisfied with InventHelp's service so far.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

When I came in to InventHelp, I met with the guy named Aaron. I brought in my invention, the gloves, and I showed him what it will entail and what it would do. The process pretty much got started from there and they were very detailed when they explained the steps I would have to take. Aaron was very knowledgeable of what he was talking about and made me real comfortable throughout the whole process. Getting in contact with him is very easy too. Overall, I'm very satisfied. Right now, I just have the image of my invention on paper and I’m dealing with the revision papers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

InventHelp was the first one that came up that was closest to the house. The other one that I found was a lawyer and I was not quite sure if I should go with a patent lawyer. The other thing I saw was that George Foreman stays on there at InventHelp. I thought I would give them a shot and the first thing we did was we made an appointment. The first thing that we wanted to do was sign a privacy statement. Then we had to put it on paper because we didn't have anything on paper. My husband and I had to draw something and he had to write what it was about.

We did the worldwide patent search and then we're working with a lawyer now that's doing the patent. We've signed the paperwork with the lawyer to do that. The people at InventHelp explained most of the steps we'd have to take. Now, it's basically a waiting game. The last thing that we heard from Aaron was when I called him regarding the paperwork that I received from the lawyer. I was a little concerned because they wanted me to draw everything up again. But he told me that they request that as well because when they do the patent, they would want to see it firsthand from us. So he explained that to me a little bit better.

We haven't heard from him as of yet again. But he told me it's gonna be a while and we asked him to update us. We know it's gonna be a long road ahead of us. But they're very easy to contact and we're happy. We had dealt with Aaron before and when we had to leave a message, his response was super fast. I'm 100% satisfied with the service.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I'm very satisfied with the service of InventHelp. When I started the process, I went online and requested more information. They called me the next day and I had an appointment set up. I went and presented my idea to them and how I had it all planned. They then told me that if I wanted to get it to the next step, they should go ahead and do the patent search and do the development and research to see if it was feasible to actually make it. I was also given details on the steps if it gets approved.

I worked with Don in the beginning then once we signed the contract, it went out of his hands. Their customer service has been excellent and any time that I have questions, it is very easy to get in contact with their representatives. I just call and they put me right through and answer my questions. They also communicate with me to let me know where things are in the process. Right now, I am patent pending and I am waiting for some brochure information to review from InventHelp.

InventHelp response

We appreciate the kind words from our client. However, we want to make it clear that we do not determine feasibility or evaluate the merits or drawbacks of our clients' inventions. Rather, we package our clients' ideas in a way that may be useful to them in attempting to attract attention to their ideas.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

A friend of mine referred me to InventHelp and working with their rep Heidi has been awesome. She's been very friendly, encouraging and she explained exactly what the service is all about. Currently, I've got the final version of the hardback book and it was edited and corrected. I'll be signing the little form to make sure that I understand the agreement. While there's no guarantee from them they'll be selling, they're gonna do their very best to get me out there.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My aunt suggested that I work with InventHelp. I went with them and worked with Tim from the world headquarters in Pennsylvania. The beginning process was 1000 bucks. Still, Tim was very informative and he was nice enough to let me know a few times exactly what he was talking about. He was a very decent person and was more than just a salesman.

Currently, InventHelp is redoing brochures and doing a complimentary show for me. They were trying to cram the brochures and help get those going to the show on time. They knew everything and since they got it done by a professional instead of somebody with a crayon, they did a much better job. All the mechanical drawings and 24 pages went off to the United States Patent Office.

Since then, everything has been great. I’m glad I got the South Dakota attorneys and everything. Artists were also willing to work with me on the brochure and it looked nice. InventHelp has also started doing some infomercials as well. I got a big book on that. If they nail this, I’d be really happy. I've already recommended this company to others and I appreciate everything that they're doing.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I met with InventHelp's guy and put in a downpayment. We signed a loan agreement thereafter and now I'm waiting to get the letter back saying all the contracts that they have gotten, if they got me. Their rep has been easy to contact and has been really good about getting back on time. I'm satisfied with the service.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I called InventHelp and we set up an appointment. The interaction I've had with their customer service reps went very well. Right now, I’m waiting for the patent lawyer to contact me so I can get approved of what they wrote down. I'm very well satisfied with the overall experience with InventHelp and would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I emailed InventHelp and they contacted me, set up an appointment and I went in. Getting in contact with them is better than other places. The product is still being worked on and put together, but so far my interactions with the reps have been good. They contact me every two weeks and keep me up to date.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My InventHelp rep has been amazing. I spoke to him about my idea and he told me that he could help me the best way he could without getting my hopes up. Plus, he stays in contact. So far, we’re putting the product together and working on the pricing. He told me that I would hear from him in two months.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I saw an InventHelp commercial with George Foreman and from then on, I’ve been working with them. They've really been there for me. Every time I called, I got a call back, or if they were not busy at that time, they answered the phone. In fact, there’s not been a time that I called that I haven't got an answer. And if they couldn't answer, they'd refer me to another department that could answer. They’ve been getting my stuff done on time and I haven’t had any quirks. I have one patent already and and a prototype off my first invention. Then, my new invention just went into patent pending. The new virtual videos are awesome as well, so things have been pretty good. Right now, I’m working on getting another prototype done. Everybody’s courteous to me and no question is a dumb question to them, so I appreciate it. My experiences with InventHelp have been awesome and I have recommended them to others.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I've seen InventHelp on TV and liked the guy chiseling on the little wheel. I really thought it was cool. Their rep, Bryan, has been very good, friendly and right on the money. As soon as I try sending him a message, he gets right back to me. Plus, if I don't understand, he tries to explain things differently and he does well. I’m going through the procedures right now and he has been explaining things well. I'm really excited about what I have. I’ve been testing this thing for two years and keeping my mouth quiet. I wanna get it out in front of everybody so they can see it. But we gotta take each step. I listened to Bryan about what he was doing, what we were doing, and how we’re doing it, and I like it. Everything seems to be going well. Now, I’m waiting for a package from InventHelp. It should have been here by now and I had Bryan check to see where it’s at.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I’m finally inventing things and noticing that every time I invented something, it would come out years later. It went on and on like that. I went once to an appointment on InventHelp and then I tried someone else also, but for some reason, I decided to stay with InventHelp. Their representatives have been really helpful. They listen. They really explained themselves and I understood all the processes that I’m still going through right now. So far, so good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Mr. ** provided a "STRESS FREE" appointment process and customer service experience. I was going to be late for my appt so I called to resched, and it was easy for me to be seen later that day! My experience for rescheduling was "STRESS FREE". Mr. ** greeted me with a friendly, courteous, and "eager to help" smile and handshake. He was very respectful and professional. My customer experience with InventHelp was "STRESS FREE", quick and easy. Thank You InventHelp!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I wanted to come out with a project doing pajamas. I contacted InventHelp and I spoke to Mark. He explained roughly to me about what I needed to do and what InventHelp offers. I wasn’t financially stable at that time so I was just getting basic information on what they offer. That was back in 2011. In 2017, I contacted InventHelp again. I was ready and I believe that I was financially stable to move forward. I wanted to see if the idea that I had was worth pursuing.

The interaction with the reps went wonderfully. I contacted the Baltimore office and spoke to Drew. He gave me an interview within three days. He told me what I needed to bring. I needed to put a presentation together. I had some stuff written down but what I did was I used the presentation that I did when I went to college to put a presentation together since I got an A on that. I spent two days working on it as far as drafting and writing it up so that I could present it to him. He was so pleased with the presentation. It takes that one person to believe because before I met with him, I tried to present my product to others and they just slammed the door on my face.

I consider InventHelp as my family. They have been with me through the whole thing, from the day that I met Drew at the office all the way up to Philadelphia. When I call them, they answer all my questions. When I was doing the draft of my product, I got an offer and I’m excited about that. It has been an amazing experience and I recommend InventHelp to people all over the world.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I'm satisfied with my experience with InventHelp in the few months I've been working with them. Their service and contact have been outstanding so far, and I've already recommended them to other people.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I heard about InventHelp 10 years ago on TV, but I didn’t have enough money to get enrolled in the program at that time. About five or six years later, I heard about it on TV again and I got the number, but that was when they were in Sacramento. I got the new number when they were down in San Bruno.

Everything's been okay. I got lots of knowledge from their brochures and stuff they have sent me. I'm still waiting to make some money on it though. I'm gonna have a rewrite on the book so that we can send it out to the manufacturers. I hope they will get some leads from that, and if we have any action at the invention conventions that are going around. But Bill has been really handy. He's been able to answer all my questions so far. They also kind of keep me abreast with things, so I kinda know what is going on a little bit. I would recommend them. If this all works out, I got lots of people I know that have lots of inventions that need some kinda help. So, if we get going on this one really good, I can bring them lots of business.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was more familiar with InventHelp from seeing them on TV and that was why I chose them. Plus I knew about the George Foreman Grill and some of the other inventors that they had made popular. I worked with Meredith and she was great. I had a wonderful experience with InventHelp. It felt very trusting.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The InventHelp rep was a very cool guy. He was on top of stuff and he followed up with me promptly. He made sure that if I hadn't heard from him in a week or so, he’d give me a call. I didn’t have to call. He kept me updated on everything very frequently and overall, he was very good. I like the fact that InventHelp helps with everything so conveniently. They pack everything in one punch so it makes it easy for a person to get all his stuff situated. I’d recommend InventHelp.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The InventHelp reps were very professional and I felt very comfortable. It was very easy to get in contact with them. We had a meeting where I explained my products, what I wanted to do and we went from there. They helped me through everything and I've already gotten feedback where they're starting to put together the item. The experience has been great so far.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I called up InventHelp, made an appointment to come up and then showed my idea. It's easy to contact them and they've answered the many questions I had. They also get back to me within a couple of days or within that day. I'm at a point where I've made some samples and they're gonna send them out. I haven't gotten anywhere yet and it's gonna take a little time, but I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I saw InventHelp on TV and I went and paid them in August. The rep was nice and everything has been good so far. I'm still waiting on a patent number and it’s still not where I wanna be but the process seems to be going well.

Resolution response: Feb. 26, 2019

Inventhelp did contact me regarding their services with me, and made good on all of my concerns.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My experience with InventHelp has been okay and their reps have been fairly professional. However, they could improve on following through and follow-up. Also, they could be a little more obvious on the disclosure of the legal fees. It was supposed to be a turnkey product where everything was paid for, and it wasn't. There were still some fees that they were seeking. I went back and found that disclosure on the agreement, and that was not exactly the way they sold it to me.

InventHelp Company Information