4.1/5 (334 ratings)

About InventHelp

InventHelp helps people patent and market their invention ideas to companies. InventHelp can assist you with pitching your ideas to retailers or obtaining a licensing deal. The company can also refer you to a lawyer for a preliminary patentability search and opinion. Other services include creating videos with 3D renderings and as well as 3D prototype model packages with professional sketching and illustration.

Pros

• 3D prototyping services
  • Confidentiality agreements
  • More than 60 offices nationwide
  • Patent referrals

Cons

• No legal services
  • No pricing information

Bottom Line

InventHelp creates 3D prototyping and animation for your invention. It helps you market your idea to companies and find an attorney if you need a patent. The company has local offices throughout the U.S.

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: May 6, 2021

I don't give out compliments unless they're true and people deserve them. Invent Help definitely deserves the highest praise as far as I'm concerned. Knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, are just a few traits I can list off top of my head when I think of Invent Help.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I am using InventHelp for the first time. The team at InventHelp has provided exceptional service for my invention. Everyone is engaged and responsive. I have chosen the full service to get from idea, to patents, to prototyping and marketing. I am very pleased with entire process and strongly recommend InventHelp to anyone who has a good idea and who wants to give it the best chance for success. NC.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I am SO VERY PLEASED with the work that all of the InventHelp Team has done for me!! They are all Very Nice and Completely Understanding. They took my toy idea and they’re making it a Dream and a Reality!! I worked closely with their Illustrator Jordyn, and even with each update I requested, she was Always Kind, Courteous and Accommodating. I Love what they did with my idea. For years the idea was just in my mind's eye, but just from my explanation they’re making my Dreams Come True!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND their services!!!! It’s WELL WORTH the Investment!!!!

InventHelp response

We appreciate the kind words from our client. However, we want to make it clear that we do not determine feasibility or evaluate the merits or drawbacks of our clients' inventions. Rather, we package our clients' ideas in a way that may be useful to them in attempting to attract attention to their ideas. InventHelp does not state or imply that InventHelp services will result in financial gains, earnings, or success, or that companies are likely to market or commercialize an invention. No projections of profit, income or royalties have been made to this client.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I was introduced to InventHelp over two years ago. I began with one invention which sparked an idea for a second invention. Being a novice in this area, I received a lot of friendly help from the start by Tim and Angelia. I realized that there were some necessary changes to be made in order to make my invention more: people helpful & useful, easier and cheaper installation, do it yourself project, attractive to the media. I may have taken too much time in making the changes. I lost some of the friendly help I experienced earlier, but the one person who went above and beyond to help me complete my project was Maura from Client Services. Now, a satisfactory invention.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I came to InventHelp with a product but not knowing how to patent or the process to get my product to the public. I would like to thank Sheri ** and Maura **. they are honest and made feel comfortable entrusting my product with Inventhelp.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

As a new inventor, I wasn't sure how to pursue my idea further. Inventhelp has been patient and helpful in this experience and offered me a way to hopefully get my idea seen and produced by a company. Inventhelp staff have been friendly and knowledgeable anytime I needed help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I did some research then investigated InventHelp and decided to go with them since they have been doing this for over 35 years. The meeting with the rep went extremely well. I had tons of questions and she was very patient answering them all. I was impressed by her knowledge and the questions she wasn't sure about she found out the answers and got back to me right away. She's been doing a great job keeping us informed throughout the process so far.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Ms. Maury ** was VERY helpful. She fully explained to me the process of the patent application process & what the "micro and/or the" small entity terminology meant. Not only did she lift my spirits and strongly encouraged me to continue with the patent process, she informed me of what category I fell into and what everything meant. Ms. ** is a GODSEND!!! This nice and intelligent woman is really excellent at her job and should be recommended for a huge raise for the extraordinary job that she does on a daily basis. In my opinion, she is extraordinary and is an asset to your company.

I'm am extremely honored that I had the opportunity for her to speak with me about my and any issues that I had concerning the patent application process. Ms. ** is AWESOME!!! I am very happy that she lifted this weight off my shoulders. So, THANK YOU! Ms. ** for your expertise and experience. You have gave me the confidence I needed to move forward with this process.
Sincerely and gratefully yours,

Tony **- inventor.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Now I appreciate the help and Inventhelp's existence but Why... Why is inventhelp all over the brochure like it’s your show. Lux Arcus is the company name. Faucetless sink is the game. The brochure is Inventhelp's business card. Feels like Inventhelp wont let me grow. Like I may be coming up but Inventhelp is on my shoulders.

Original review: July 20, 2020

It has been nearly 2 years since I decided on contacting INVENTHELP. From the very first meeting to writing this today it has been a wonderful experience, every time I write an e-mail they quickly respond and answer all of my questions. They are the very best.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Pointing me in the right direction to my current attorney has been a huge blessing. I don't even want to think about where I would have ended up without professional guidance from an established and reputable company such as this. Appreciate their generosity!

Original review: July 16, 2020

I came to InventHelp not knowing what to expect. I received professional drawings and a video and I was very pleased with how my invention came to life. I have been pleased with my experience so far and I’m glad I decided to take a chance on something I believe in. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2020

After speaking with a few different invention companies I started working with InventHelp at the beginning of the year. My experience with InventHelp has been a good experience so far. The process moved a lot quicker than I expected. Things have been a little slower when Covid-19 started, but I'm still happy with the progress. My rep has been extremely helpful and keeping me updated throughout the process. There are a lot more challenges than I was aware of and I've learned a lot over these past 7 months. I would recommend working with InventHelp.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I came to invent help with my idea several months ago. I was looking for a company that was reputable and who could help me find a company to produce my invention. I have been very satisfied with the level of care and correspondence I have had with InventHelp so far. The representatives have been friendly and easy to speak with regarding my vision for my invention. I'm looking forward to seeing where this may lead moving forward. Thank you.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I set up an appointment with my InventHelp rep and the virtual meeting we had went very well. InventHelp did a great job answering all my questions and concerns as well as letting me know the risks involved. I'm still learning about the invention industry. There's a lot involved with the process and I'm happy to have InventHelp walk me through it.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I've learned a lot from my InventHelp rep. He made me aware of the risks and is helping guide me through the process. I'm happy with my decision to go with InventHelp, I realize that there's only so much they can do on their end. I think some people going into this have unrealistic expectations or just want someone to blame for their failure.

Original review: May 21, 2020

InventHelp was widely advertised on TV. When I saw my favorite boxer George Foreman, that just made me listen a little bit more. When I saw that, I've always throughout my life was tinkering with things, but I never really put anything on the market. I just power things up in my shed. When I retired from New York City, coming down south, I had time to really shape things that I really was interested in. One of the three things that I would truly wanted to express was something that I invent that I presented to the satellite office right here in Savannah, Georgia, and that's when it all started.

I was in my big flower room and my wife was cooking in the kitchen. InventHelp came on the radio. I said, "Honey, this InventHelp, I've seen them get on radio and TV ads. Maybe I should present my invention." She said, "Yeah, it's a good idea. Why don't you call them?" I called and wasn't expecting and answer, but I guess the rep was busy. I left a message and within minutes, he called me right back. I was really surprised. I have an appointment to come to his office the following Tuesday. When my wife and I came, the rep was very professional and was right on time. He talked about himself a little bit. We had a lot of fun just going back and forth, just talking about life. He gave us some water and saying what else we wanted, to relax us. We also took pictures and have them signed with George Foreman. We were very happy about that.

I had three inventions that I really carefully crafted, took pictures and sketches too. I was gonna present all three but the rep said, "No, you can't. You have to give me the best one, what you want the most." And that was the one they picked off. After that, he started drawing up papers and told me what the downpayment was, which was a little high. But I had the money available and my wife told me, "Go ahead. 'Cause if you don't do it, you'll regret it later." She egged me on. As we were getting into signing papers, I gave him my charge card. He took the money out of it. He asked, "Now what are you gonna call your invention?" I said I have some little name, but the rep was quick. He helped me formulate the name of the product, we both agreed, and that was it. Case closed.

We love that rep. First of all, he's from northeast. And he had a very quick mind that he knew how to handle a conversation, to put you at ease. He's a little humorous, too. There are two more inventions that I have. I know the third one may not make it, but the second one, I really wanna get this out. Once we get the first one going, everything is paid off and money starts coming in, I really wanna get this second one up and going 'cause I know this would definitely take off. I've done my own research survey and this is definitely something that I know people will want. I can't wait to get to that next one.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I actually talked to a couple other similar companies first, but they seemed to of "dodged" a lot of my questions. After speaking with the rep at InventHelp they answered all of my questions as to what they can help with and what they can't. They also let me know all the risks upfront, so I decided to move forward with them. Customer service has been top notch so far.

Original review: April 24, 2020

InventHelp was adamant about making sure I got exactly what I want and we went through some steps to get me what I want. They did a wonderful job on the design. Also, they made a picture for me and it was nice but it wasn't where I want it to be. I wanted the picture in the ditch because that's where it belongs. The guy finally got it in there but it wasn't the display that I wanted. I requested a change in the drafting on the picture and we haven't gotten that done yet. I sent them another packet in and I've been waiting for them to get back with me. They're doing a great job and I'm quite sure they're gonna take care of me.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I have worked with InventHelp on patenting my invention recently. They were very professional and I was happy with the service. Even during this rough time my InventHelp rep has remained in contact answering all of my questions and concerns.

Original review: March 31, 2020

When I first started working with InventHelp, I was new to this experience and wasn't sure what I could expect. Inventhelp and their customer services department has been very helpful and has updated me on their efforts and worked with me if I had questions or needed additional help. I am very pleased with my experience so far and I look forward to our continued relationship. Thank you.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I'm an avid sports fan and watching my programing, I would always notice InventHelp because of George Foreman. I invented something that I was gonna use at work and when it came time to think about how I would move forward with it, it brought me back to the commercial about George Foreman. I called my friends at InventHelp, then I went and followed them. It was so expensive though. I thought many times about inventing things, but to actually move on it, I didn't realize that it cost so much money for the process and to promote an idea like that. I'm not made of money. I'm just a working stiff like everybody else. Still, the representative was very informative, insightful, and took me along the steps good. He convinced me to move on with the program.

I went and somehow found the money and went into debt for it. I figured if the invention could help me in doing the job, there are other people that does the job that I do and there are people who would also think it could make their job a lot easier. We're not allowed a guarantee and the representative never guaranteed it'd be profitable, but in his opinion, he thought it was a good idea, which I thought so myself. All in all, I feel very good about InventHelp.

Original review: March 26, 2020

After seeing the InventHelp commercial I called their phone number and set up an appointment with one of their reps. The office and rep I met with were very professional and answered all of my questions and concerns. I understand it's out of their control whether my invention is successful or not. They don't make any promises but, they will do what they can to help and what's in the contract. It's something that I believe in though and I feel that it's worth the investment.

Original review: March 25, 2020

The video on the iPad that I received is excellent and exactly what it should look and perform like it should. Thank you for all your hard work representing my idea. You are professional and honest from the start. Every person I have spoke to about my services has been kind and helpful in my services. I'm excited to see what happens!

Original review: March 24, 2020

Very pleased with my services so far. Everyone has been helpful and responded to me quickly if I had any questions. I started this process several months ago and took a chance. Thank you for all the help you are providing to me and my invention!

Original review: March 24, 2020

We were jerked around, wasted over $10,000, and played like a fool. Nothing was done. No follow up. No Concern. Poor Representation. Bunch of B.S. Artists - who take your money UPFRONT and forget about you because they have nothing to lose. It would be better if they took a percentage of any profits from your invention as opposed to getting paid upfront whether your patent is approved or not. What a disgrace and shame.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had an excellent experience with InventHelp. I’ve never even heard of any other company that does what they do. Their representative who helped me, Mitch, was great and very helpful. He helped in getting things going and I got my notice that they got my marketing brochures ready to go. They're gonna be starting to send out stuff soon and we’ll see where it goes. I'm being impatient to go ahead and get everything together to get to market, but everybody’s tried hard overall.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've had very upbeat, positive, and professional interactions with InventHelp's reps. The overall service was good. They had done exactly what they said they would do. They didn’t promise me anything. They didn’t say my invention would get a patent. That’s understandable and I’m glad that they didn’t. No one wants false hope. They have sent the correspondence every time that they put my project out on their virtual tool. They’ve always sent me letters in reference to other companies, and if any responded or not. But a follow-up call in between those times to be sure something is still being done could possibly help as they have time in between those letters. And other than the information that is being sent out on their virtual tool, you don’t hear anything unless you take the initiative to call.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I was looking for help with my invention and started to search. I found InventHelp's website and so far, they are doing good. In fact, the Illinois office here in Chicago has started to call me through one of their employees to update me. I wish to get more communication but it's good. If there is something important, they would call me. I'm still waiting for more steps with them and I will see how it goes.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I called and had a discussion with InventHelp about what I had going and I liked what they had to say. Their rep did a nice job. It's been three months since I started and I'm still waiting to hear from them. It's still a long way to go but so far, I’m satisfied.

InventHelp Company Information