2. Invention and Patent Services

4.1/5 (333 ratings)

About InventHelp

InventHelp helps people patent and market their invention ideas to companies. InventHelp can assist you with pitching your ideas to retailers or obtaining a licensing deal. The company can also refer you to a lawyer for a preliminary patentability search and opinion. Other services include creating videos with 3D renderings and as well as 3D prototype model packages with professional sketching and illustration.

Pros

• 3D prototyping services
  • Confidentiality agreements
  • More than 60 offices nationwide
  • Patent referrals

Cons

• No legal services
  • No pricing information

Bottom Line

InventHelp creates 3D prototyping and animation for your invention. It helps you market your idea to companies and find an attorney if you need a patent. The company has local offices throughout the U.S.

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Had excellent idea for motorcycle safety. Patent search revealed nothing close to it. I spent over $15 k. Found the same product for sale in another state shortly after signing final papers. It was my idea to every detail. Patent pending status. I reported them to BBB. They said they could not help me. Just like the rest of big business. The $ talks and the working staff gets screwed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I went to Invent Help 2017 with my idea for gaming, I thought invent help would help you through the process of my invention, but as time passed I started to feel it's all about the money!! They you everything you want to hear, but when it come down to it that sales rep you talked to on day one will be hard to reach even after you leave several messages!! On their website they say prototype available, invent help say they can make a prototype of your invention just by a sketch, well sad to say I've tried my best to get help on a prototype of my invention for mounts. If I could do it all over again, I WOULDNT GO THROUGH INVENT HELP!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I invested $18,005.00 with the enthusiastic ambition that Invent Help would help launch my invention. I was impressed by George Foreman's testimonial of his successful experience. After waiting one an one half years (1 1/2) I am fearful that I may have made a drastic financial mistake for the following reasons. THEY OFFER NO STATISTICAL EVIDENCE OF THEIR CLIENTS' MARKETABLE INVENTION SUCCESSES but that of Mr. George Foreman's. In addition, current commercials testify about how many patents Invent Help has helped their clients get...not the successes in launching their clients inventions...which is their clients ultimate goal isn't It??? Otherwise, $18,005.00 would prove a costly patent. Monies are to be paid upfront: face to face.

PATENT SEARCH:

On August 7th, 2018, after an initial interview with Mr. Fred **, Sales Representative, I paid the $975.00 for a patent search, investigating if there are other patents already registered similar to my invention idea. There were none!

BOOKS AND LITERATURE SUGGESTING MARKETING STRATEGIES: THE HOOK?

As a followup, Mr. Fred ** produced two (2) books and One (pamphlet size book entitled:

(1) Preliminary Patentability Search and Opinions
(2) Invent Help

(3) How We Work

After which I was told the fee to enter into a CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT would be $16,500.00. I borrowed this money from PROSPER and paid that fee on August 7th, 2018, to Mr. Fred ** in person. At which time I was given an Invent Help welcoming and contractual packet. Mr. Fred ** informed me that I would be contacted by their Client Service Department and the Patent Attorney.

CLIENT SERViCE DEPARTMENT: A TIME CONSUMING VENTURE

On January 4th, 2019, the Client Service Department mailed me a Virtual Invention Brochure. In which there is a virtual invention presentation (VIP) and a Virtual Invention Browsing Experience (VIBE) presentation with music and the whole nine yards. Excellent for the clients' ego! However, is this reinforcement of one's dream TO BE UNFULFILLED IN THE FUTURE?

They also mailed a list of manufacturers who "supposedly" viewed my invention with the notation "they were not interested in reviewing additional details about your idea." So I asked the Client Service Department to ask the manufacturers to critique what they saw as the problem. Incorporated into my invention was a computerized medication dispenser that was costly. I revised the model...making my invention practical furniture. However, when requesting modifications and corrections for my invention it became a game of "ping pong" because they had difficulty getting it right even though it was sent in simplicity. Very time consuming! It appears their job "may be" to send out letters saying "THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED." How can one know that letters were actually sent out?

THE PATENT ATTORNEY

On April 20th, 20119, I paid Mr. Kyle **, Patent Attorney $530.00 to register my patent which will take a considerable amount of time. I don't know what to expect!

CONCLUSION

Invent Help's Customer Service conducts business over the phone, mail and email. It appears their representatives are trained to give you enough information to send you back into a state of insecurity. A costly "dream state." I know my invention is practical. My final questions are: What happens if you let the patent go? Who will profit? Is Invent Help existing to collect the peoples' ideas? Is the goal of Invent Help to encourage clients to produce their ideas and not market them? Why are no manufacturers interested in a good idea when it is displayed? Are inventions being displayed to the right manufactures?

Lastly, if the manufacturers (or potential investors) view clients' invention ideas; why don't the viewer send a letter directly to the inventor? The letter should be signed by that companies representatives stating why they were not interested. That's a courtesy! IS THIS FOR REAL OR A SCAM?...ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!!

InventHelp response
We are responding to this company review. Nearly a year and a half ago, the respondent contracted with InventHelp for assistance in submitting her invention in an attempt to obtain a good faith review. Her services are being performed in accordance with her contract. In fact, we have performed additional services beyond what is outlined in her agreements.
The respondent's impression that George Foreman's role as a spokesperson for our company is a "...testimonial of his successful experience..."is not accurate. Her claim that we "...offer no statistical evidence of their clients' marketable successes..."is simply not true. During the respondents initial contact with our company, she and every prospective client sign and date our "Affirmative Disclosure Statement" which clearly discloses the following: our success statistics, our range of fees, that we do not evaluate inventions, and that the invention promotion industry is a very difficult one with no guarantees of success or profit.
We referred the respondent to an independent patent attorney for the preparation and prosecution of a patent application for her invention. It is our understanding that the respondent's patent application is currently patent pending with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (PTO). The PTO alone determines how long the respondent's application remains in the pendency period. If the respondent has any questions regarding the patent pending status, she should contact her independent patent attorney directly.
The complainant's derogatory statements regarding our company and our InventHelp Data Bank are unfounded and not based in fact. We have spent many years and hundreds of thousands of dollars compiling a proprietary Data Bank of companies that have agreed to review our clients' inventions in confidence. When companies register for the InventHelp Data Bank, they indicate the "product areas of interest" in which they would like to receive new ideas. We are able to hand-select our Data Bank companies for each invention using product categories, keywords and other custom criteria. In many cases, what a company tells us they want to see far surpasses their product line shown on their website or in their advertisements. We do not believe that any other inventor services firm has access to a similar resource. However, we cannot force companies to respond to our invention submissions.

While we do not agree with this review, we are working with our client in an effort to resolve her concerns.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

It was easy to sign up. Payments are made affordable. They most likely won’t get you anywhere if you don’t know the difference between design patent and utilities patents. They promise you nothing... And filed over and over for the wrong type of patent

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Reading all the negative reviews just makes me laugh. I have been working with InventHelp for two years now. They tell you upfront this is not a guarantee. They do their best and have a lot more connections they I will ever have. If you want to sit back and do nothing while they do all the work your going to pay. It's that simple. I'm willing to wait, great company so far and not every employer will have the best employees. Give them a try.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We paid InventHelp to do a patent search in order to let us know that our product was patentable. We knew we would lose the 1k regardless of the outcome. However, the attorney came back and let us know that the product was patentable. We were excited and moved forward. We paid $4500 upfront and financed the rest at 300/month for 36 months. First of all, the patent attorney assigned to us did nothing and I had to call to move everything into action. Then a year later, I find out that they had to switch our patent attorney. Finally, we just review notice that the idea IS NOT PATENTABLE AND HAS BEEN REJECTED!

After my complaint, Lark **, compliance manager, looked into the matter with my patent being rejected numerous times. Before that, the other patent company sat on it and I had to plead to Invent Help to move it to the current attorney. Lark looked over my options, they all required a large sum no quoted with my initial signup. I told her I was not paying penny more. I had until October 18 to make a decision or my pending patent would no longer be viable. She contacted me on Oct. 11 and said they Invent Help would pay the fee to keep it going so I could obtain a patent. I agreed to this.

So, today, November 4, I call the patent attorney and shockingly (not) they never heard from Lark or Invent Help, even though I have receipt that I gave her the green light to move forward. NOTHING WAS RECTIFIED! THEY LIE! To add insult to injury, they sent a bogus flyer and invention notebook. It was generic but I am sure they thought I would be appeased. Please see the photos, they are ridiculous. This company is a ripoff. I have received nothing but a few pathetic papers and pamphlets.

InventHelp response
We are writing to clarify our position regarding this post. The respondent's statements are inaccurate. The respondent's post was submitted on November 4, 2019. The respondent's statement that we had not contacted the patent attorney is simply not true and disingenuous at best. In fact, we received an email from the client dated November 4, 2019 where she states "...I did receive a call from the patent attorney and he did clear up the confusion." To state that we "...lied..." is unfair.
The respondent's comments regarding the catalog featuring her invention are misleading as well. To protect the confidentiality of every client, each client receives a catalog with generic inventions, such as a key, ball point pen etc., along with their own invention to illustrate the format that companies receive. The "real" INVENTION Catalog is sent to 100 additional companies in the InventHelp Data Bank, who have agreed to review inventions in confidence, and includes 60 InventHelp client inventions.

We have attempted several times to resolve this matter with the respondent and we would be happy to continue those efforts. If she would like to resume our conversation, she should contact us.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

When I first walked in the lady at the front desk was very nice. That changed when Don the man I spoke with came out. He had me vaguely had me describe my idea and immediately started asking for money. When I said I had to talk it over with my wife he said, "You don't have any money do you? I can't help you," to which I replied, "I hope I didn't waste your time." His reply was, "You did." I do not recommend this company to anybody trying to get information on the process.

InventHelp response

We spoke with our sales representative regarding this post. Our representative’s recollection of this incident is quite different and contrasts greatly from the respondent’s interpretation of the meeting. Nevertheless, as is our normal practice, we reiterated with our representative the necessity to always be courteous and respectful to each and every potential client we meet.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

The representatives of InventHelp were totally amazing. They were very knowledgeable, very personable, always on point, always getting back with me with questions, never leaving me hanging and extremely professional. I just follow the procedure and pay the money. Right now, I've already paid my 2,000. I've did my surveys, and so I'm waiting for a response from them as far as what's next.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I was working with Michael and he could not have been a better representative to help me through the process. It was from 2016 to now, and he is always positive, helpful, encouraging, and thorough. I love him to death. The patent search was what we started with, and I did the mailer program. I started working my way up to where I put enough money into where I could continue forward, and then my cousin came on board and helped with some financial backing, and now, we are going through the patent process, the VIBE and the whole nine yards. My experience with them is fabulous. Everything is going according to plan. The patent attorney got in contact with me last week. I'm looking over the information that they sent me now. I expect to have my products. I should get a 3D rendering that that are via the VIBE expo in Las Vegas soon. I'm perfectly satisfied and 100% happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

InventHelp's rep was awesome. He talked to me whenever I had a question and gave me his cellphone number. It's very hard to catch up with me 'cause I'm always on the go. Still, he would text with me back and forth, answering my questions and made sure that I was comfortable with speaking with him. Prior to talking to him about any of my stuff, he wanted to make sure that he sent me a form to fill out saying it was okay to talk to him about it, even though I spoke to him previously. I loved the professionalism he had. We were able to really hit it off.

I had an idea and through conversation, InventHelp helped me formulate what my idea needed to look like. I had to write it out, draw a picture of it and write it down. Their rep asked what I think my idea would look like and how I thought it would be usable. Right now, I've paid my fees to get my invention listed on the different websites. I've been talking with the patent attorney as well. When InventHelp sent me all the packets, there were different phases I had to go through and currently I'm still locked in the eight-week phase. Still, I don't think anything's gonna happen overnight so I'm patient.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I am a nurse who after many years of seeing a problem decided to come up with a product that could help. I went to InventHelp because I was not familiar with the development and production process. I paid a few thousand dollars in this quest. I stood my grounds when the agent wanted me to put my son's dad on child support, borrow money from relatives or use funds in my retirement account to purchase a more expensive package. Instead I opted for the package where I mailed out the letters myself. I received the box with the 60 pre-prepared addressed papers with envelops and the letters. I mailed them out as instructed. I currently have in my possession over 20 returned letters marked unable to deliver because the address is not valid. Please tell me what I need to do in this situation?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I contacted inventhelp via the web. Received a timely acknowledgement email (one day) from Devon, indicating someone would be contacting me soon. Several days passed with no contact. I tried calling Devon for days, but he did not answer the phone and his voicemail remained full. I sent another email. Finally, Devon called me and set up an appointment with someone for Wednesday, August 28, 2019, during which he said I would need phone and laptop with internet connection. He also said I would receive a confirmation email the day before the meeting. I received no confirmation email, and Wednesday came and went without anyone contacting me. George Foreman should disassociate himself with this organization. Makes his name bad!

InventHelp response

Our company takes comments such as these very seriously and we apologize to the respondent for his unfortunate experience. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to our inventor clients for nearly 35 years and we will continue to strive to do so.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My complaint/negative experience with InventHelp has nothing to to with my invention or the $15,000 of my life savings that they got from me, I'm a big boy and I knew what I was into... up to a point. My complaint is how I was treated once I handed over my $15,000. Everything up to that point was very professional and dare I say slick. The front of house (sales rep) couldn't be any more courtesy and you'd even get the impression should the invention do well he could be a very good friend. My problems started once I signed the contract, handed over the money and then had to deal with the faceless back of house people. You have to complete an information package with drawings and description of your invention and return it to Inventhelp by mail (snail mail not email).

4-6 weeks later I received paperwork with with incorrect descriptions and drawing of my invention. This went on for a total of 6 months as I would not sign off on the 4 incorrect literature that they would send me. After a couple of months I received what by the end of dealing with Inventhelp what had become a standard letter that was churned out every quarter stating my invention had been sent out to all these companies that Inventhelp had agreements with to review my invention. This was the first warning signs that Inventhelp were not as professional as I was lead to believe. I contacted Inventhelp to ask how was my invention sent out to all these companies when I and not sign off the paperwork. I got fobbed off with a glitch in the computer software. Having been in phone communication with Inventhelp in the beginning I requested that all communication be in writing as I was being giving assurances that failed to materialize.

Inventhelp start the ticking contract from the date of when the contract was signed. They don't take into account their heel dragging with artwork sign off which in my case was over 6 months. I received a standard letter at the end of my contract stating that they would not be promoting my invention any further as the contract had expired. When tried to contact Inventhelp I was told that the contract had run its term and they would not extend it to the date of when I signed off on the artwork that was caused by Inventhelp back house staff.

As I stated in the beginning my issue with Inventhelp is not with my invention or the money I paid them, it's how I was treated by them plus the generic letters that were sent to me. I don't believe that Inventhelp ever actively tried to promote my invention through their network of companies but just sent out standard letters to me every few months.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I went to an initial meeting. The representative was very attentive and worked hard to get the meeting. I had to reschedule twice. But, immediately after taking my initial money (about $700), that was it. He went silent. He asked for me to send him all the info I had via email. Videos, pictures, documents. He never even opened them. Money, that is what this is all about. NOT you getting it, but them taking it. Beware, they may be legit, but not honest brokers.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Updated on 01/07/2021: I had already wrote a review about my bad experience with InventHelp. Some days after writing the review I had someone calling me saying that they were going to fix the problem and do whatever they could for my invention to succeed. I'm paying 10,000 dollars for them just to send a letter (supposedly) with my invention to different companies. The letter they send just shows names of companies that are not even recognized companies. To send a simple letter to companies doesn't cost 10.000 dollars.

After some days from not hearing from them, I call the lady to ask if they were doing something and she said yes, that they had sent the letters to companies and had sent a copy to my address but I never received one. I moved to another place three years ago and they were still sending letters to my old address even when I explained to Maura that I wasn't living there anymore and provided them with my new address and this is how they are trying to help me succeed and they had not even change my address even when I told her that I was divorced and was living in another place. The funny thing is that the people from their bank had my new address to ask for their money but InventHelp didn't have my new address.

Again, I think that this company is lying to people telling people that want to do something, that their invention is going to work even when they know is not going to. They just want to get the 10.000 dollars from you and they even get you the financing for you and then forget about you and you're just stuck with this big bill and no invention and they are not doing anything. This company should be closed and sued for lying to people.

Original Review: I wanted to do some lids for different cans after you open them so you could have them covered after opened. I spoke to Tim ** about my invention. He said that he wouldn’t tell me that It was a good invention If it wasn’t. So it’s the same they made this very expensive book of 760 dollars that I think they just made it up. They also said that they do some investigation if the product is being sold somewhere and it’s a lie. The same product that I supposedly invented was being sold in Amazon after I supposedly invented.

They told me that I could get a loan for 10,000 dollars to pay for it and I just got like three letters saying that they had sent my invention to some companies and we just had to wait for answers. This was like 4 years ago and I’m still waiting for a company to be interested in my invention hahaha. This company is a scam and people should read reviews because you can end up with payments of something that you’re not even receiving more communication from. I read some of the reviews before but I thought that I was going to be lucky there. I think that they also stole my invention and they are selling it on Amazon and I’m stuck with a bill of 10,000 dollars that they facilitate for you to get it. It’s probably their own company as well.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I contacted InventHelp in regards to an idea that I had. My agent even thought it was a good idea as well as others I spoke with. It was an idea that other food manufacturing companies use and it has already proved to be lucrative. When I got my report back (after the initial process) it showed that there are around 1200 companies that could manufacture my product idea. As it turns out, InventHelp will only submit your idea to 200 companies and none of those are the big players in our country. All the companies on their database are a bunch of small "unknowns". This company will never reach out to you, after you get the "welcome call". Even when they open your file and submit it. If you have a question about the progress, you are free to call them though.

In a way, I feel as though I have poured a bunch of money down a rat hole like a Ponzi scheme and got nothing back for my investment. If I would have taken the $10,400 and invested in beer, I would have at least been able to cash in the empties and got a portion of my investment back and had the 401Keg Plan. Beer. For your health and investment future.

InventHelp response
Over 3 years ago, this respondent contracted with our company for assistance in submitting his invention to industry in an attempt to obtain a good faith review. The respondent's services were completed over a year ago.
We spoke with the respondent in an effort to clarify any confusion which existed. We explained that the companies in our InventHelp Data Bank have agreed to review InventHelp inventions in confidence and they tell us what types of ideas they wish to review. We investigated these companies and believe they were all appropriate choices for the invention. Our company literature makes it very clear that most companies in our Data Bank are small to medium sized companies as most large companies are not interested in reviewing unsolicited ideas.
During our recent conversation with the respondent it became clear that his concern is that his invention did not receive a license agreement from a company. We reminded the respondent that we make it very clear to him and every prospective client that this is a very difficult industry with no guarantee of success or profit. In fact, the respondent acknowledged this in writing, before, during and even after contracting with us. Further, the respondent has to understand that the only opinion that matters is that of companies; anything else is just that, an opinion.
The respondent's derogatory statements about our company are unfair and not based on any factual knowledge. InventHelp has been in business for over 35 years. We have a superior record of performance and integrity in a very difficult industry. We do what we promise. While we believe InventHelp has executed more licensing agreements than any other competing invention submission company, success is not typical. We would like nothing more that for all of our inventors to have success, but unfortunately that is not reality. Despite our efforts to inform inventors of this difficulty, some inventors become upset with InventHelp if their inventions do not become commercially successful.

In an additional effort to resolve the respondent's concerns, we performed additional services at no cost to the inventor. He refused to change his opinion about InventHelp. That is unfortunate, as we cannot promise success to any inventor.

Original review: June 14, 2019

06/14/19 Please read this if you are thinking about talking to InventHelp. Last March this year I contacted InventHelp office in Houston, TX about a board game idea. The representative was nice (of course they have to be; they want your money) and explained in general terms the procedure they follow to present your idea to companies in the business you are trying to reach. The first step is to produce a book tailored to your invention to assess the production, marketing, and promotional considerations involved in such undertaking. It costed me $760.00 which is the minimum.

A very well presented book, one of a kind dedicated to you by name. Aside from a few descriptive linguistics errors, it contained general information they probably use for every customer with a few adjustments to suit your idea. A few days after my visit I received an E-mail that contained a section with the following “disclaimer”. Red highlight mine.

"Retired teacher, Barbara **, wanted a better cheesecake pan. Her goal: to find a pan that would not only ensure the cheesecake would bake evenly and would also eliminate the need to use a second pan during the baking process. Like many inventors, Barbara couldn’t find the exact pan she was looking for on the market, so she decided to invent her own. It was at that moment the Perfect Pan was born.

Barbara’s Perfect Pan not only ensures a cheesecake bakes evenly but it also prevents dips from forming in the cake. In addition, it does indeed eliminate the hassle of having to use a second pan, which can be cumbersome for bakers. According to Barbara, “I was so tired of dirtying extra dishes while making my cheesecakes. I knew there had to be a better way to make the process more efficient.” Believing other bakers would have an interest in her cheesecake pan, Barbara contacted her local InventHelp® sales office in October of 2010 to purchase submission services and be referred to a patent attorney.

In August of 2011, the InventHelp DataBank® submitted a brochure of Barbara’s Perfect Pan to New York-based Chef’s Planet, a company that designs, manufactures and markets a broad range of kitchen housewares products around the world. Founded in 2002, Chef’s Planet products are available for purchase at retailers such as William’s-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sur La Table and hundreds of independent kitchenware stores. After receiving the brochure, the National Sales Manager from Chef’s Planet, John **, contacted Intromark Incorporated, InventHelp’s sister licensing company, for more information about the invention. After a few conversations with Chef’s Planet, Intromark Licensing Executive, Justine ** and the inventor, negotiations began to establish a license agreement for the Perfect Pan. After two months, Intromark negotiated a royalty and advance for Barbara."

This inventor has not made a financial gain with their invention. The above results are not typical as most client inventions are not licensed, manufactured, sold in stores and do not appear in infomercials or on television shopping networks. From 2016-2018, we signed Submission Agreements with 6,447 clients. As a result of our services, 178 clients have received license agreements for their products, and 59 clients have received more money than they paid us for these services. Needless to say, had I been told about Barbara **’s story outcome before making the book commitment I would have gone home and forgotten about their “help”.

I don’t think the book is worth much information-wise and their “help” fee to continue on with the process ranges roughly from 12.000.00 to 20.000.00 dollars regardless of the outcome like in Windfield’s case which they made it sound as an outstanding example. It certainly looks they are out to squeeze as much money out of you as they are able since there is no success assurance. Business is business I guess.

InventHelp response

We are responding to this consumer post.

The consumer’s claim that we did not disclose to him our company statistics, our range of prices, or that the invention promotion industry is a difficult one with no guarantees of success or profit is simply untrue. This consumer and every prospective consumer who meets with us is furnished our Affirmative Disclosure Statement and Disclosures Prior To Entering Into A Contract for Invention Promotion Services upon their initial contact with our company. This respondent signed and dated our Affirmative Disclosure Statement and Disclosures Prior To Entering Into A Contract for Invention Promotion Services on March 19, 2019, both of which clearly disclose the statistics to which he refers in his complaint. To now make these false and unsubstantiated claims is wrong and unfair.

Original review: May 24, 2019

My interactions with InventHelp's reps have been pleasant. They thoroughly explained the whole process to me.

Original review: May 17, 2019

After looking at everything and researching, I liked what I read about InventHelp and gave it a shot. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I followed the instructions and everything else was laid out. I had nothing to do but sit back and say yes or no to stuff. They hadn't left me out on anything every step of the way. They hadn't forgotten anything.

Right now, they are sending out to companies and getting ready for the trade show. Things went so well that I said I was gonna do it again on another invention. I have also recommended them. Some people lie all the time about stuff. They promise things or say they're gonna do this or that. But no one lied to me and no one promised anything. There was none of that with InventHelp. It's a shot in the dark if I can get a patent and if I do, it's an even longer shot in the dark to try to get it to the market. I don't know the contacts that they have and so, for them to walk me through everything, it's just a plus. They're doing great.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Our daughter recommended we call InventHelp and we went with that recommendation. Their reps were really helpful and we have an appointment with them next month to advance our project. They did well explaining all the steps that we have to go through. So far, communication has been good and they stayed in contact with us.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had a couple of phone calls with InventHelp and I went back for a couple of meetings. The guy that worked with us was Ed. He was very pleasant. I showed my idea and he thought that it was cool. He explained the process and walked us through the stuff that we had to take.

InventHelp response

Upon review of this post, we reached out to our client and clarified that InventHelp does not evaluate ideas or inventions but rather emphasizes the most positive features of each invention. If the sales representative did provide his opinion regarding the invention, it is just that: his opinion, which in no way implies potential success or profit.

Original review: April 3, 2019

InventHelp is doing a fine job. I first found out about them in a TV commercial, then my interaction with their representatives went perfect.

Original review: March 29, 2019

InventHelp reps needed some money and information during the first meeting to get the process started. They explained all the aspects of the process to me very thoroughly. The rep asked me questions and I answered them. He wrote down the information, then I had to write down a little bit of information, fill out some forms, and provided photographs. They are very easy to get in contact with and they communicate constant updates.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was putting things off and wasn't even gonna go with an invention and patent company. But when I had seen the commercial of InventHelp, I decided to go in and talk to them. Their rep was very helpful. He explained all the aspects of the process to me well and I was okay with it. He was easy to get in contact with, too. I just call up there and he will call me back in a couple of hours. Yesterday, I got a call from the patent lawyer and they are going to send me the package on it. I've been very pleased with my experience with them and I don't know how to do without them. I would recommend them highly.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I don’t normally give reviews however in this case I feel compelled to urge you to go see Jack ** in Corporate Woods. From the beginning, he explained in detail how the process was to progress and never made a promise he couldn’t keep. Always on time and very accommodating. He took my fears out of the equation and explain the numbers to me in a way that I understood. Encouraged me to ask questions. Jack met deadlines that were very important to me and my invention. Very thoughtful and caring. I would highly recommend Jack for the job!

Original review: March 20, 2019

The salesperson from InventHelp was very helpful. To get the process started, I had to do paperwork, forms and drawings. Working with their reps has been an excellent experience and I've been impressed by their willingness to help. If I did not like a drawing or draft, they called back. They wanted me to be completely satisfied. They also thoroughly explained all aspects of the process to me and they were able to answer what I wanted to be answered. Though I'm the one with problems in terms of sending back what I'm dissatisfied with, they follow through. They revise it and send it back.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I liked how InventHelp could broaden invention and get more praises with it. I went down to see Brett and he guided me how to get into the process with them. I gave InventHelp's reps a drawing and we put down so much on paper. However, we ran into some problems during the winter as far as getting the payments going through on time. Despite that issue, we're getting back on the road and right now, InventHelp is having my invention go through Las Vegas, Nevada on the first week of June to a car show out there for new car ideas. So far, their reps have been really easy to get in contact with and they send me letters all the time. I love their service and I'd recommend them to anybody.

InventHelp response

We spoke with our client and clarified that his invention will be included in our VIBE (Virtual Invention Browsing Experience) at the 2019 Licensing Expo, being held in Las Vegas in June 2019, not merely a car show.

Original review: March 18, 2019

InventHelp's reps were positive and encouraging without being misleading. They were very forthright and very professional. The director of the office, Brian was the one whom I spoke to told me that if he didn't think that anything was gonna come to my project, he would not let me waste my money or my time. So far, InventHelp's people have been sending me a draft of what is written and what they're gonna market. As we go along, I make my corrections on what they want the draft to say. Once we have a final draft, it’s gonna go into their marketing program.

So far, I'm satisfied with the service. InventHelp has been doing the right thing. They're sending me all the nomenclature and paperwork. They've also explained everything to me page by page. If I need anything clarified, there's no problem as I can call them up. They have been very responsive and usually get back to me within a day.

InventHelp response

We appreciate our client's review. However, we did reach out to him and clarified that the invention promotion industry is a difficult one with no guarantees of success or profit. Our client acknowledged that no one at Inventhelp promised or implied success in any way.

Original review: March 17, 2019

When I saw InventHelp on TV, I liked what I heard. I came down with some down payment to get the process started and they explained it to me to the best of my knowledge. The patent's supposedly already approved, but I haven't heard anything yet from them.

Original review: March 16, 2019

George Foreman took his product to InventHelp and that was one of the deciding factors that led me to the company. I also googled them and they had good reviews. When I called them, they scheduled a meeting. Then I went in and the guy that I met with was awesome. He guided me, went through the entire process and reviewed everything with me from top to bottom. He was very informative, and he was real and honest with me. Then I decided to start the process with them. Aaron has always followed up and followed through. When I left him a message or sent an email, he was very responsive. He emailed me back immediately or contacted me ASAP. I had a great experience working with him. In fact, everyone has been very helpful. I’m so pleased overall. Even the attorneys involved have reached out several times regarding the patent to see how things were and to explain certain things to me.

I've received an email with all the details. They started the process for the patent so it has been submitted. But it can take approximately one year for that to be finalized. I've also received letters in the mail regarding the product itself. We are just waiting now to go to trade shows, present the product and see what happens. But it has been a smooth process and I’m hoping that everything works out and that I hear some good news soon.

InventHelp response

We thank the respondent for her kind words. However, we want to be clear that George Foreman is our official company spokesperson. Mr. Foreman is not an InventHelp client.

InventHelp Company Information