Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Our company was established in 1984. InventHelp employs more than 100 people at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which include researchers, illustrators, writers as well as customer service representatives and other staff.

InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. We can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product ideas to industry. We do not promise that you can obtain profits from our efforts. InventHelp can also refer you to an independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. Based on the opinion, the attorney may then help prepare and file a US patent application for the idea with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

InventHelp Video
InventHelp Call Now Toll Free (888) 683-4332 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Had excellent idea for motorcycle safety. Patent search revealed nothing close to it. I spent over $15 k. Found the same product for sale in another state shortly after signing final papers. It was my idea to every detail. Patent pending status. I reported them to BBB. They said they could not help me. Just like the rest of big business. The $ talks and the working staff gets screwed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I went to Invent Help 2017 with my idea for gaming, I thought invent help would help you through the process of my invention, but as time passed I started to feel it's all about the money!! They you everything you want to hear, but when it come down to it that sales rep you talked to on day one will be hard to reach even after you leave several messages!! On their website they say prototype available, invent help say they can make a prototype of your invention just by a sketch, well sad to say I've tried my best to get help on a prototype of my invention for mounts. If I could do it all over again, I WOULDNT GO THROUGH INVENT HELP!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I invested $18,005.00 with the enthusiastic ambition that Invent Help would help launch my invention. I was impressed by George Foreman's testimonial of his successful experience. After waiting one an one half years (1 1/2) I am fearful that I may have made a drastic financial mistake for the following reasons. THEY OFFER NO STATISTICAL EVIDENCE OF THEIR CLIENTS' MARKETABLE INVENTION SUCCESSES but that of Mr. George Foreman's. In addition, current commercials testify about how many patents Invent Help has helped their clients get...not the successes in launching their clients inventions...which is their clients ultimate goal isn't It??? Otherwise, $18,005.00 would prove a costly patent. Monies are to be paid upfront: face to face.

PATENT SEARCH:

On August 7th, 2018, after an initial interview with Mr. Fred **, Sales Representative, I paid the $975.00 for a patent search, investigating if there are other patents already registered similar to my invention idea. There were none!

BOOKS AND LITERATURE SUGGESTING MARKETING STRATEGIES: THE HOOK?

As a followup, Mr. Fred ** produced two (2) books and One (pamphlet size book entitled:

(1) Preliminary Patentability Search and Opinions
(2) Invent Help

(3) How We Work

After which I was told the fee to enter into a CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT would be $16,500.00. I borrowed this money from PROSPER and paid that fee on August 7th, 2018, to Mr. Fred ** in person. At which time I was given an Invent Help welcoming and contractual packet. Mr. Fred ** informed me that I would be contacted by their Client Service Department and the Patent Attorney.

CLIENT SERViCE DEPARTMENT: A TIME CONSUMING VENTURE

On January 4th, 2019, the Client Service Department mailed me a Virtual Invention Brochure. In which there is a virtual invention presentation (VIP) and a Virtual Invention Browsing Experience (VIBE) presentation with music and the whole nine yards. Excellent for the clients' ego! However, is this reinforcement of one's dream TO BE UNFULFILLED IN THE FUTURE?

They also mailed a list of manufacturers who "supposedly" viewed my invention with the notation "they were not interested in reviewing additional details about your idea." So I asked the Client Service Department to ask the manufacturers to critique what they saw as the problem. Incorporated into my invention was a computerized medication dispenser that was costly. I revised the model...making my invention practical furniture. However, when requesting modifications and corrections for my invention it became a game of "ping pong" because they had difficulty getting it right even though it was sent in simplicity. Very time consuming! It appears their job "may be" to send out letters saying "THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED." How can one know that letters were actually sent out?

THE PATENT ATTORNEY

On April 20th, 20119, I paid Mr. Kyle **, Patent Attorney $530.00 to register my patent which will take a considerable amount of time. I don't know what to expect!

CONCLUSION

Invent Help's Customer Service conducts business over the phone, mail and email. It appears their representatives are trained to give you enough information to send you back into a state of insecurity. A costly "dream state." I know my invention is practical. My final questions are: What happens if you let the patent go? Who will profit? Is Invent Help existing to collect the peoples' ideas? Is the goal of Invent Help to encourage clients to produce their ideas and not market them? Why are no manufacturers interested in a good idea when it is displayed? Are inventions being displayed to the right manufactures?

Lastly, if the manufacturers (or potential investors) view clients' invention ideas; why don't the viewer send a letter directly to the inventor? The letter should be signed by that companies representatives stating why they were not interested. That's a courtesy! IS THIS FOR REAL OR A SCAM?...ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!!

InventHelp response
We are responding to this company review. Nearly a year and a half ago, the respondent contracted with InventHelp for assistance in submitting her invention in an attempt to obtain a good faith review. Her services are being performed in accordance with her contract. In fact, we have performed additional services beyond what is outlined in her agreements.
The respondent's impression that George Foreman's role as a spokesperson for our company is a "...testimonial of his successful experience..."is not accurate. Her claim that we "...offer no statistical evidence of their clients' marketable successes..."is simply not true. During the respondents initial contact with our company, she and every prospective client sign and date our "Affirmative Disclosure Statement" which clearly discloses the following: our success statistics, our range of fees, that we do not evaluate inventions, and that the invention promotion industry is a very difficult one with no guarantees of success or profit.
We referred the respondent to an independent patent attorney for the preparation and prosecution of a patent application for her invention. It is our understanding that the respondent's patent application is currently patent pending with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (PTO). The PTO alone determines how long the respondent's application remains in the pendency period. If the respondent has any questions regarding the patent pending status, she should contact her independent patent attorney directly.
The complainant's derogatory statements regarding our company and our InventHelp Data Bank are unfounded and not based in fact. We have spent many years and hundreds of thousands of dollars compiling a proprietary Data Bank of companies that have agreed to review our clients' inventions in confidence. When companies register for the InventHelp Data Bank, they indicate the "product areas of interest" in which they would like to receive new ideas. We are able to hand-select our Data Bank companies for each invention using product categories, keywords and other custom criteria. In many cases, what a company tells us they want to see far surpasses their product line shown on their website or in their advertisements. We do not believe that any other inventor services firm has access to a similar resource. However, we cannot force companies to respond to our invention submissions.

While we do not agree with this review, we are working with our client in an effort to resolve her concerns.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

It was easy to sign up. Payments are made affordable. They most likely won’t get you anywhere if you don’t know the difference between design patent and utilities patents. They promise you nothing... And filed over and over for the wrong type of patent

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Reading all the negative reviews just makes me laugh. I have been working with InventHelp for two years now. They tell you upfront this is not a guarantee. They do their best and have a lot more connections they I will ever have. If you want to sit back and do nothing while they do all the work your going to pay. It's that simple. I'm willing to wait, great company so far and not every employer will have the best employees. Give them a try.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We paid InventHelp to do a patent search in order to let us know that our product was patentable. We knew we would lose the 1k regardless of the outcome. However, the attorney came back and let us know that the product was patentable. We were excited and moved forward. We paid $4500 upfront and financed the rest at 300/month for 36 months. First of all, the patent attorney assigned to us did nothing and I had to call to move everything into action. Then a year later, I find out that they had to switch our patent attorney. Finally, we just review notice that the idea IS NOT PATENTABLE AND HAS BEEN REJECTED!

After my complaint, Lark **, compliance manager, looked into the matter with my patent being rejected numerous times. Before that, the other patent company sat on it and I had to plead to Invent Help to move it to the current attorney. Lark looked over my options, they all required a large sum no quoted with my initial signup. I told her I was not paying penny more. I had until October 18 to make a decision or my pending patent would no longer be viable. She contacted me on Oct. 11 and said they Invent Help would pay the fee to keep it going so I could obtain a patent. I agreed to this.

So, today, November 4, I call the patent attorney and shockingly (not) they never heard from Lark or Invent Help, even though I have receipt that I gave her the green light to move forward. NOTHING WAS RECTIFIED! THEY LIE! To add insult to injury, they sent a bogus flyer and invention notebook. It was generic but I am sure they thought I would be appeased. Please see the photos, they are ridiculous. This company is a ripoff. I have received nothing but a few pathetic papers and pamphlets.

InventHelp response
We are writing to clarify our position regarding this post. The respondent's statements are inaccurate. The respondent's post was submitted on November 4, 2019. The respondent's statement that we had not contacted the patent attorney is simply not true and disingenuous at best. In fact, we received an email from the client dated November 4, 2019 where she states "...I did receive a call from the patent attorney and he did clear up the confusion." To state that we "...lied..." is unfair.
The respondent's comments regarding the catalog featuring her invention are misleading as well. To protect the confidentiality of every client, each client receives a catalog with generic inventions, such as a key, ball point pen etc., along with their own invention to illustrate the format that companies receive. The "real" INVENTION Catalog is sent to 100 additional companies in the InventHelp Data Bank, who have agreed to review inventions in confidence, and includes 60 InventHelp client inventions.

We have attempted several times to resolve this matter with the respondent and we would be happy to continue those efforts. If she would like to resume our conversation, she should contact us.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

When I first walked in the lady at the front desk was very nice. That changed when Don the man I spoke with came out. He had me vaguely had me describe my idea and immediately started asking for money. When I said I had to talk it over with my wife he said, "You don't have any money do you? I can't help you," to which I replied, "I hope I didn't waste your time." His reply was, "You did." I do not recommend this company to anybody trying to get information on the process.

InventHelp response

We spoke with our sales representative regarding this post. Our representative’s recollection of this incident is quite different and contrasts greatly from the respondent’s interpretation of the meeting. Nevertheless, as is our normal practice, we reiterated with our representative the necessity to always be courteous and respectful to each and every potential client we meet.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

The representatives of InventHelp were totally amazing. They were very knowledgeable, very personable, always on point, always getting back with me with questions, never leaving me hanging and extremely professional. I just follow the procedure and pay the money. Right now, I've already paid my 2,000. I've did my surveys, and so I'm waiting for a response from them as far as what's next.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I am a nurse who after many years of seeing a problem decided to come up with a product that could help. I went to InventHelp because I was not familiar with the development and production process. I paid a few thousand dollars in this quest. I stood my grounds when the agent wanted me to put my son's dad on child support, borrow money from relatives or use funds in my retirement account to purchase a more expensive package. Instead I opted for the package where I mailed out the letters myself. I received the box with the 60 pre-prepared addressed papers with envelops and the letters. I mailed them out as instructed. I currently have in my possession over 20 returned letters marked unable to deliver because the address is not valid. Please tell me what I need to do in this situation?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I contacted inventhelp via the web. Received a timely acknowledgement email (one day) from Devon, indicating someone would be contacting me soon. Several days passed with no contact. I tried calling Devon for days, but he did not answer the phone and his voicemail remained full. I sent another email. Finally, Devon called me and set up an appointment with someone for Wednesday, August 28, 2019, during which he said I would need phone and laptop with internet connection. He also said I would receive a confirmation email the day before the meeting. I received no confirmation email, and Wednesday came and went without anyone contacting me. George Foreman should disassociate himself with this organization. Makes his name bad!

InventHelp response

Our company takes comments such as these very seriously and we apologize to the respondent for his unfortunate experience. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to our inventor clients for nearly 35 years and we will continue to strive to do so.

InventHelp Company Information